PDA

View Full Version : Ayers, Dumervil Hurt

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Game notes from ESPN:
-Denver DE Robert Ayers sprained his knee, and DE Elvis Dumervil sprained his ankle.

extralife
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
that Elvis contract is really starting to look like a mistake

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Man the d-line is just cursed it seems. Good thing Von isn't technically a d-lineman.

Requiem
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM

Was from Day 1.

barryr
10-23-2011, 03:56 PM

Maybe Dumervil is doing more than I think, but I do not notice him near the QB much this season. Reality is he is looking more and more like as situational type and not a starter.

extralife
10-23-2011, 03:56 PM
well, everyone knew we overpaid on day 1, but most people (myself included) thought it was something that we just had to bite the bullet and do. since that day, he has zero sacks and about two healthy weeks.

BroncoDoom
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Elvis was on the juice. Now he's not and he is a non factor. Hell I would juice up to get a payday like that... wouldn't you?

elsid13
10-23-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to move him in the off season to 3/4 team.

That One Guy
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Did Doom change his weight to play DE again? I recall Jarvis Moss commenting on it in his first training camp that he thought part of his health issues were from trying to gain weight to play DE. Doom had some good 3-4 seasons but he could've also gone back to his original, more natural, weight. If he's having to bulk up again, it could be more straining.

barryr
10-23-2011, 04:15 PM
Did Doom change his weight to play DE again? I recall Jarvis Moss commenting on it in his first training camp that he thought part of his health issues were from trying to gain weight to play DE. Doom had some good 3-4 seasons but he could've also gone back to his original, more natural, weight. If he's having to bulk up again, it could be more straining.

Dumervil had very good numbers in a 4-3 defense, so I don't see the change back to a 4-3 being a problem for him. But teams may have figured him out, his pass rush moves, so he needs to adjust with other things to be more of a factor.

Jetmeck
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM

Tear your pec muscle and see how much upward leverage you have and he is not healed completely.

He will get there.............

montrose
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Robert Ayers is the best DL on this team, by a relatively wide margin IMO.

razorwire77
10-23-2011, 05:24 PM
Elvis was absolutely enveloped the entire game. No burst, no change of direction, he just doesn't look healthy at all.

broncosteven
10-23-2011, 05:26 PM

He is much better as a 4-3 DE than a 3-4 OLB, it is nice to see him playing more consistently

broncswin
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Tear your pec muscle and see how much upward leverage you have and he is not healed completely.

OK...just did it...Damn your right...upward leverage is minimal at best

maher_tyler
10-23-2011, 06:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they don't try to move him in the off season to 3/4 team.

I'd rather we move to the 3-4 and get the correct personnel before moving him...he was a monster in the 3-4!

SoCalBronco
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Hopefully the ankle sprain is NOT a high ankle sprain.

Popps
10-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Brutal.

eddie mac
10-23-2011, 06:14 PM
Let's be honest, if we didn't give him that contract and Elvis had walked, this board would've crashed and rightly so. Would've been right up there with Sharpe leaving.

eddie mac
10-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I doubt we trade him either given the amount of guaranteed money still running, $12m or so in 2013.

Kid A
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
Ugh. Hope at least one of them will be well enough for next week.

On the opponents side Matt Stafford is looking like a question mark. Don't wish him ill will, but purely out of concern for his well being I think he should, you know, play it safe and gave that leg plenty of time to heal...

TotallyScrewed
10-23-2011, 07:07 PM
I agree the injuries from this game are Brutal: Ayers, Doomervil and McGahee.

Stafford is hurt, too.

Violent game to be sure. And then when teams aren't it full strength, you're left to wonder at what might have been...

HooptyHoops
10-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Our D line is just cursed....if they can't go, then what? Is just crap behind them? Yes, and McGahee's injury is bad too, as he was really flourishing in this O!!

schaaf
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM

completely agree... Ayers is having a VERY good year at Defensive End

BroncoSexyDaddy
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM
well, everyone knew we overpaid on day 1, but most people (myself included) thought it was something that we just had to bite the bullet and do. since that day, he has zero sacks and about two healthy weeks.We need to bring Vonnie Holiday back,so Doom could have another 17 sack season. :yayaya:

RaiderH8r
10-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Will it be before he's 30?

Rolandftw
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
I felt Dumervil was going to have a big impact this year, but he's been battling injuries most of the year. Know he'd disagree but I felt he excelled more at the 3-4 then at 4-3. Know he had one great year playing both systems...

Hard to fault McDaniels for extending him. He led the league in sacks and all. The holdout was unfortunate, although I can't say that is what led to his season ending injury early last season.

Bigdawg26
10-23-2011, 10:31 PM

I don't know about that. I think Bunkley might push him for that spot!

montrose
10-29-2011, 08:36 AM
I don't know about that. I think Bunkley might push him for that spot!

That's the closest one I could consider, Bunk's had a few more big plays but Ayers is much more consistent.

McDman
10-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Elvis was on the juice. Now he's not and he is a non factor. Hell I would juice up to get a payday like that... wouldn't you?

Pure speculation.

rmsanger
10-29-2011, 08:59 AM
herpes viral investection of the eye... Restasis!

cutthemdown
10-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Was from Day 1.

Had the Broncos let him walk people would have freaked. You sign your good players and hope it works out. It's a mistake only in hindsight.

bowtown
10-29-2011, 02:12 PM
Pure speculation.

It's totally baseless speculation. You don't go off steroids and then suddenly gain 15 pounds of muscle. Steroids work the opposite. If anything, Doom went ON steroids this offseason.

ZONA
10-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Bad injuries take a bit to overcome and I don't think he's totally right with that pec yet. He'll get there though. Clady looked pretty ordinary last season after trying to come back from his bad injury. Doom probably won't look like his usually self until next season I'm guessing.

fontaine
10-30-2011, 06:33 AM
The only thing that matters with Doom is that he still has that unreal first step.

When you look at his game film, Doom is usually on his second step while others(DL and OL) are still getting off their first.

He's not 100% and since the bull rush is such a big part of his game it's going to affect his sack totals but he's still disruptive and does a good job off bringing consistent pressure. He has been doing that since the SD game and he's drawing the double teams now.

lonestar
10-30-2011, 06:50 AM
I'd rather we move to the 3-4 and get the correct personnel before moving him...he was a monster in the 3-4!

He Also never played a true OLB either never went back in coverage. And ALWAYS had his hand in the dirt pass rushing. BTW he was the worst at run coverage.

I've always thought he was a one trick pony and any contract should be incentive based.

I do have to admit I never thought he would get the sack numbers he has.

I'm guessing there is something not right physically with him.

There is no way anyone would trade for him with that contract the way he is playing.