PDA

View Full Version : Tebow took responsibility for today's awful performance

Gort
10-23-2011, 03:38 PM
anybody ever remember Orton or Cutler accepting responsibility when they sucked and the Broncos lost? i don't.

The Broncos appeared beaten when they trailed 15-0 with 5:23 left and took over at their 20. At that point Tebow was 4 for 14 for 40 yards.

"It was my fault we were in that position," he said. "Silly things kept happening. On the sidelines, we were still believing. We wanted it, and they believed in me for more than 60 minutes."http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=311023015

snowspot66
10-23-2011, 03:40 PM
The game is damn near over and there have only been 14 attempted passes (15 counting the one eliminated by penalty).

Even with the sacks included that's only 21 attempts.

W. T. F.

Gort
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
yeah, i was counting that too. by my count, there were 8 passing plays by the Broncos in the first half. yet somehow, the know-it-alls who don't like Tebow are convinced that Tebow was awful in the first half of the game. based on 8 passing plays. this is just a dumb argument to make. the game was ugly. i don't dispute that. but the gameplan was to run, run, run, and maybe occasionally pass. it was ugly because that gameplan resulted in 8 punts, 1 fumble, and 2 missed FGs until the final 2:45 of the game.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Good to hear. That was always Cutler's biggest flaw as a player: an inability to see his own failures. It was always someone else's fault. As for Orton, meh, I don't really care anymore...

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Its mighty big of tebow to accept full responsibility.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:46 PM
yeah, i was counting that too. by my count, there were 8 passing plays by the Broncos in the first half. yet somehow, the know-it-alls who don't like Tebow are convinced that Tebow was awful in the first half of the game. based on 8 passing plays. this is just a dumb argument to make. the game was ugly. i don't dispute that. but the gameplan was to run, run, run, and maybe occasionally pass. it was ugly because that gameplan resulted in 8 punts, 1 fumble, and 2 missed FGs until the final 2:45 of the game.

The third quarter was the quarter where Tebow just plain sucked as far as I'm concerned.

Jay3
10-23-2011, 03:47 PM
I don't see how he could have viewed it any other way.

Every phase of the game seemed to be working except the QB.

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.

snowspot66
10-23-2011, 03:48 PM

Sure, the receivers might need to get more open (I don't know), but Tebow still needs to make a read and get it out of there.

Which is why the lack of passing was so infuriating. How is he supposed to get better if we don't even try?

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
It's really crappy for Tebow's coaches to put him in a position to take all the blame..

If you are going to make Tebow starting Qb then use him as a QB.. if not it's just a joke and an insult. And it is doomed to fail anyway.

Why didn't they use this same game plan with orton? Couldn't he just hand the ball off every play and expect everyone else to win the game?

That was how the Broncos became 1-4 in the first place..

When they let Tebow actually play QB the team does well.. how hard is that to see?

Why don't we ever see the coaches taking responsibility?

smoke4815162342
10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Orton took credit for when he played bad. Remember the videos of McDaniels on the sideline going over plays telling him to stop saying my bad and to just start playing better? Orton was aware of it, Cutler never was.

broncocalijohn
10-23-2011, 03:51 PM
<TABLE id=post3342516 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 3342516"><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=thead>View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3342516) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=27604)
MacGruder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27604) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Is this where MacGruder states that he was actually perfect and those receivers and OLine was at fault and he is just covering for those guys since he is all world nice guy? Having him on iggy is a blessing of a choice you can make at the Mane.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 03:52 PM

This has to be spin Jay...

Tebow looked terrible because they did nothing to take pressure off him...

If they coached Cam like this he would have looked terrible too.

It's counter intuitive but by not letting a young QB throw you hurt him more than help him.. why do you think Tebow looked so much better when they let him play aggressively?

It's playing not to lose rather than playing to win..

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Which is why the lack of passing was so infuriating. How is he supposed to get better if we don't even try?

Bingo

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:53 PM

Pass protection was not working either. But otherwise I agree.

Gort
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
This has to be spin Jay...

Tebow looked terrible because they did nothing to take pressure off him...

If they coached Cam like this he would have looked terrible too.

It's counter intuitive by by not letting a young QB throw you hurt him more than help him.. why do you think Tebow looked so much better when they let him play aggressively?

It's playing not to lose rather than playing to win..

don't Macgruder this thread, mmkay?

this thread is about a young QB who is mature beyond his years and is willing to tell the media that it's his fault that they were down 15-0 late in the game. alot of QBs would suddenly speak generically of "the team" not making plays in that situation. Tebow says "I" wasn't getting it done. i like to see this in a young QB because that's somebody who won't throw his teammates under the bus. his teammates will see that too. that's how leadership shows itself.

TotallyScrewed
10-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Tebow made plenty of mistakes. As did the rest of the team and when it was do or die time, they (the Team) came up with enough big plays to win it.

Yes, Tebow has plenty to work on. Yes, the rest of the team has plenty to work on.

It was a lot of things but it wasn't boring nor the same ol' same 'ol predictable outcome.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:56 PM
Jesus Christ.

MacGruder is actually saying it wasn't Tebow's fault at all? No wonder I have him on ignore...

Gort
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Orton took credit for when he played bad. Remember the videos of McDaniels on the sideline going over plays telling him to stop saying my bad and to just start playing better? Orton was aware of it, Cutler never was.

ok, i'll take your word on it. i don't recall anything from Orton other than cliches in postgame interviews. but if he took the blame when he pooped his pants out there, then good for him.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Jesus Christ.

MacGruder is actually saying it wasn't Tebow's fault at all? No wonder I have him on ignore...

Did you expect anything less?

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 04:00 PM
Tebow still needs a lot of work and he knows it. That wide open Decker TD miss was brutal. So was the Moreno miss.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:01 PM
don't Macgruder this thread, mmkay?

this thread is about a young QB who is mature beyond his years and is willing to tell the media that it's his fault that they were down 15-0 late in the game. alot of QBs would suddenly speak generically of "the team" not making plays in that situation. Tebow says "I" wasn't getting it done. i like to see this in a young QB because that's somebody who won't throw his teammates under the bus. his teammates will see that too. that's how leadership shows itself.

That would be fine and dandy if it was actually Tebow's fault..

By having Tebow take responsibility for something that wasn't his fault you do more harm than good.. that's not accountability.. Tebow is taking blame because he is a rookie QB.. so I guess it has to be considered his fault right?

Put ANY QB in that situation they are going to look bad.. and I doubt the run game would have looked that good without a Tebow as well.. so an other QB would have looked worse.

barryr
10-23-2011, 04:01 PM
Tebow made plenty of mistakes. As did the rest of the team and when it was do or die time, they (the Team) came up with enough big plays to win it.

Yes, Tebow has plenty to work on. Yes, the rest of the team has plenty to work on.

It was a lot of things but it wasn't boring nor the same ol' same 'ol predictable outcome.

Agreded, those that want Tebow to fail for idiotic reasons criticize him for not being as finished product. Orton is as good as he will get, yet I guess they want more of him out there. I don't think the Broncos win this game if Orton plays since I would expect a pick or 2 thrown by him forcing it on some of those blitzes that he would not be able to get away from.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Jesus Christ.

When they let Tebow play he played well..

What more goddamn evidence do you need? :yayaya:

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Tebow still needs a lot of work and he knows it. That wide open Decker TD miss was brutal. So was the Moreno miss.

The Decker pass really surprised me honestly. For all Tebow's struggles he's been pretty good at hitting open receivers deep, and it was always a strength for him in college. When I saw that, it really became clear to me that Tebow was way off his game.

The Moreno pass was odd. Looked like he tried to lob it to him instead of throwing it properly to me. I'm thinking Tebow really doesn't know how to throw a touch pass after that play.

Gort
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
When they let Tebow play he played well..

What more goddamn evidence do you need? :yayaya:

you make people who agree with you want to change their opinions just so they are not associated with you. that's not a good thing.

sometimes. just sometimes. it's ok to read posts you agree with without chiming in with 50 posts to confirm that you agree.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Agreded, those that want Tebow to fail for idiotic reasons criticize him for not being as finished product. Orton is as good as he will get, yet I guess they want more of him out there. I don't think the Broncos win this game if Orton plays since I would expect a pick or 2 thrown by him forcing it on some of those blitzes that he would not be able to get away from.

Not sure about that. I think they want Luck or some other 1st round QB that looks like what the expect in a QB, and who doesn't talk about Jesus.

Gort
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
The Decker pass really surprised me honestly. For all Tebow's struggles he's been pretty good at hitting open receivers deep, and it was always a strength for him in college. When I saw that, it really became clear to me that Tebow was way off his game.

The Moreno pass was odd. Looked like he tried to lob it to him instead of throwing it properly to me. I'm thinking Tebow really doesn't know how to throw a touch pass after that play.

take a look at the touch pass to Larsen that went for 16 yards earlier in the game.

barryr
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Not sure about that. I think they want Luck or some other 1st round QB that looks like what the expect in a QB, and who doesn't talk about Jesus.

Other than Luck, I don't see a sure 1st rounder who would be ready to start in the NFL as a rookie.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:13 PM
you make people who agree with you want to change their opinions just so they are not associated with you. that's not a good thing.

How so? Care to elaborate? If you can?

sometimes. just sometimes. it's ok to read posts you agree with without chiming in with 50 posts to confirm that you agree.

There are people saying things I don't agree with a all.. that is the point.

BroncoMan4ever
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
thing i am noticing with Tebow is, when he is not thinking and just playing he is at his best. when it is really going hard and fast that is when Tebow is focused.

Gort
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
How so? Care to elaborate? If you can?

There are people saying things I don't agree with a all.. that is the point.

but you don't have to turn every disagreement into a battle of wills. that's all i'm saying. if you would post only 10% as often as you feel compelled to post, you would do alot to help rehabilitate your image around here. it's not your job to convince people that they are wrong. let them state their opinions. you state yours. and then move on. you don't have to keep going round and round and round with them. you may think that only the other person gets sick of it. but it's EVERY OTHER PERSON READING THOSE THREADS AS WELL.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
but you don't have to turn every disagreement into a battle of wills. that's all i'm saying. if you would post only 10% as often as you feel compelled to post, you would do alot to help rehabilitate your image around here. it's not your job to convince people that they are wrong. let them state their opinions. you state yours. and then move on. you don't have to keep going round and round and round with them. you may think that only the other person gets sick of it. but it's EVERY OTHER PERSON READING THOSE THREADS AS WELL.

It takes 2 to tangle broheim..

Is it me doing it or others? I had someone attack me just for having a different opinion.. yet you come at me.. why?

snowspot66
10-23-2011, 04:34 PM

Didn't he have a defender directly in his face on that Decker throw?

Gort
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
It takes 2 to tangle broheim..

Is it me doing it or others? I had someone attack me just for having a different opinion.. yet you come at me.. why?

not coming at you. just trying to remond you that there is a difference between arguing with somebody privately by PM or e-mail and publicly where hundreds of other people can read it.

let's say you argue with member "A" on Monday.

then you argue with "B" on Tuesday.

then you argue with "C" on Wednesday.

by Thursday, people are sick of seeing the arguments. they don't remember that A, B, and C were part of those arguments. they do remember that you were. do you see my point?

there used to be an expression about never getting a second chance to make a first impression. that's true in the real world. in the online world it's also true.

just take it as friendly advice. that's all.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 04:40 PM
just take it as friendly advice. that's all.

But you are blaming me for a group attacking me for no reason.. because of a witch hunt.

If you don't follow along with the crowd you get singled out.

That is my advice to everyone.. just because people single someone out doesn't mean they brought it on their self.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 04:42 PM
But you are blaming me for a group attacking me for no reason.. because of a witch hunt.

That is my advice to everyone.. just because people single someone out doesn't mean they brought it on their self.

It has been explained to you in detail (why you get attacked) by several posters and you still dont get it?

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 04:47 PM
<TABLE id=post3342516 class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR title="Post 3342516"><TD style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" class=thead>View Post (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3342516) http://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/statusicon/post_new.gif 10-23-2011, 03:49 PM </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Remove user from ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?userlist=ignore&do=removelist&u=27604)
MacGruder (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=27604) </TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>This message is hidden because MacGruder is on your ignore list (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/profile.php?do=ignorelist).
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Is this where MacGruder states that he was actually perfect and those receivers and OLine was at fault and he is just covering for those guys since he is all world nice guy? Having him on iggy is a blessing of a choice you can make at the Mane.

So, you have him on ignore but still choose to follow him around like a lost puppy. Interesting.

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 04:48 PM

YOU'RE PROJECTING.

DarkHorse30
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Other than Luck, I don't see a sure 1st rounder who would be ready to start in the NFL as a rookie.

Christian Ponder. The guy nearly beat GB because he has a quick trigger and knows where to throw.

I would venture that Tebow had no idea where to throw until crunch time. Too many timed patterns and Tebow was hesitating on his throw.....and then scrambling because the play (in his mind anyway) was beyond reach. The problem that I saw is that WRs weren't breaking off patterns and "getting open" when Tebow was in trouble....which was about 1 second after he hesitated on his throws. I'm not blaming the WRs, or Tebow....and not really even the playcallers. They all have to get better about knowing what to call and how to modify routes. Remember that none of these WRs are vets. They will all need the same amount of time to figure out what to do.

Bottom line, though....even though your gameplan sucks....just go no-huddle for the 4th quarter and your QB will score. Is that a gameplan? I'm not too comfortable with that approach. Denver needs to taylor make a gameplan for Tebow based on his strengths. And Fox should have NO responsibility on the O gameplan....None. I don't want to "run, run, pass" our way to accidental wins. I want other teams to be forced into uncomfortable defenses because our unconventionally skill-setted QB makes them.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 05:05 PM
It has been explained to you in detail (why you get attacked) by several posters and you still dont get it?

No.. you still don't get it.. I disagreed with conventional wisdom and I was attacked..

The end..

Then i was blamed for it because this happens repeatedly.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 05:09 PM
again you fail back on iggy you go.

barryr
10-23-2011, 05:13 PM
Christian Ponder. The guy nearly beat GB because he has a quick trigger and knows where to throw.

I would venture that Tebow had no idea where to throw until crunch time. Too many timed patterns and Tebow was hesitating on his throw.....and then scrambling because the play (in his mind anyway) was beyond reach. The problem that I saw is that WRs weren't breaking off patterns and "getting open" when Tebow was in trouble....which was about 1 second after he hesitated on his throws. I'm not blaming the WRs, or Tebow....and not really even the playcallers. They all have to get better about knowing what to call and how to modify routes. Remember that none of these WRs are vets. They will all need the same amount of time to figure out what to do.

Bottom line, though....even though your gameplan sucks....just go no-huddle for the 4th quarter and your QB will score. Is that a gameplan? I'm not too comfortable with that approach. Denver needs to taylor make a gameplan for Tebow based on his strengths. And Fox should have NO responsibility on the O gameplan....None. I don't want to "run, run, pass" our way to accidental wins. I want other teams to be forced into uncomfortable defenses because our unconventionally skill-setted QB makes them.

Even Orton had some nice throws against that Packer secondary though. I agree, you plan for your QB's strengths. If just going to use the same system they had with Orton, well, that won't work very well.

MacGruder
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Even Orton had some nice throws against that Packer secondary though. I agree, you plan for your QB's strengths. If just going to use the same system they had with Orton, well, that won't work very well.

It's even more conservative than with Orton...

Fox specifically said this when they were entering the BYE..

mhgaffney
10-23-2011, 05:45 PM
You could see the coaches failed to get Tebow ready.

Then in the 4th he reverted to who he is -- and pulled it out.

broncswin
10-23-2011, 05:51 PM

Really...did you not see dumb penalites...two missed FG...fumble.....I did

broncswin
10-23-2011, 05:56 PM
Tebow did deserve a lot of blame however...sometimes I just wanted to kick him in the nuts...be he battled and that is what is so great about this guy...will he pan out, I don't know...I sure hope so

oubronco
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Tebow took responsibilty for his crap play like he should....Good for him

HAT
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM

Barkley is better than Luck.

oubronco
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM

Hilarious! i mean Hilarious!

Tom Brady
10-23-2011, 06:08 PM

Better than Oliver Luck in his 50s? Yeah, you're probably right...