PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCoy is possibly the worst OC we've had in the history of the Denver Broncos

Pages : [1] 2

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-23-2011, 01:01 PM
That is it.

These receivers are getting huge cushions, and you can't design a play to complete a pass for 10 yards? I see Decker/or whoever running free every time they hand off... a play action pass to the middle of field might be wise.

I'm almost positive every OC in the league can come up with a few plays that would be an easy completion for Tebow.

Especially with a running game like the Broncos?

You have to be a pretty ****ty OC to not be able to dial up successful passing plays with a running game like the Broncos right now.

Popps
10-23-2011, 01:02 PM
lol!!

"Design."

Let the excuses pour in!

Aftermath
10-23-2011, 01:14 PM
I agree but Tebow look g0d awful as well.

bloodsunday
10-23-2011, 01:15 PM
I knew it!!! Tebow sucks it up and we have a bad OC and ****ty receivers. Meanwhile, Orton was surrounded by All Pros and the reason we were losing.

10-23-2011, 01:15 PM

Well no ****, he's not exactly a pro NFL system QB... he needs help. Right now he needs you to tell him where to go with the ball, what to look for... etc.

He looks like he's being thrown into the wild with nothing but a pocket knife.

Popps
10-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Well no ****, he's not exactly a pro NFL system QB... he needs help. Right now he needs you to tell him where to go with the ball, what to look for... etc.

Hilarious!

http://www.petersenassoc.com/images/umbrella.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2011, 01:19 PM

Which is all the tebow fans wanted all along. God forbid he sit and learn.

He just wins.

UberBroncoMan
10-23-2011, 01:21 PM

Indeed. It's both.

10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Which is all the tebow fans wanted all along. God forbid he sit and learn.

He just wins.

Well if you're putting him in the game to not pass, you might as well sit him.

McDman
10-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Let's not point out that Tebow holds the ball for six seconds or he can't even complete a five yard screen pass.

10-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Let's not point out that Tebow holds the ball for six seconds or he can't even complete a five yard screen pass.

What screen pass was he not able to complete?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2011, 01:25 PM

Did you miss the "pass to Moreno" that was ten feet too high?

bloodsunday
10-23-2011, 01:26 PM

How about the first pass of the day that should have been a pick six

10-23-2011, 01:27 PM
How about the first pass of the day that should have been a pick six

Are you ****in retarded or did you not see Thomas ran a bad route?

Ya'll can't be this football stupid right?

10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
Did you miss the "pass to Moreno" that was ten feet too high?

That was a broken play... but that was irrelevant, had he completed it, it wouldn't have counted...

10-23-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm not sitting here saying Tebow has played good at all, I'm just saying the OC is that much worse.

10-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Ok, it takes till the 4th quarter to run a play like that? Dropped pass or not...

Aftermath
10-23-2011, 01:35 PM

Well your the dumbass blaming the OC for your boy Tebow.

Popps
10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm not sitting here saying Tebow has played good at all, I'm just saying the OC is that much worse.

Hilarious!

10-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Well your the dumbass blaming the OC for your boy Tebow.

This isn't about Tebow, this is about anyone who lines up behind the Center.

Orton's poor performance this season can equally be attributed to McCoy. This offense has gotten worse, yet we've gotten a better running game, a better oline, and our WR corps have improved with growth.

Think about it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Needs moar umbrella.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Pretty good playcall there eh?

Popps
10-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Fire the whole staff.

10-23-2011, 02:27 PM
So now do you guys see the difference from the play calling?

BabyTO
10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
get rid of this ****in clown.

game is close = RUN, RUN, QB DRAW, PUNT

game is out of reach = shotgun, let tebow dominate

game is close = RUN RUN RUN PUNT

i would pay tyson a million bucks if i had to knock this ****head out. what a retard how does he get a job in the nfl

rugbythug
10-23-2011, 02:31 PM
Hay I would rather win ugly!

Drunk Monkey
10-23-2011, 02:34 PM
Holy crap, you Tebow nut nuzzlers really think no one see's through you crap plan to make him the GOAT QB no matter what happens on the field. He sucked ass for 3.5 quarters then went super nova. He won, all of us Bronco fans are happy about it but that doesn't change the fact he sucked ass for 3.5 quarters. Admit that and hope he gets better with the rest of us, he still needs work.

10-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Holy crap, you Tebow nut nuzzlers really think no one see's through you crap plan to make him the GOAT QB no matter what happens on the field. He sucked ass for 3.5 quarters then went super nova. He won, all of us Bronco fans are happy about it but that doesn't change the fact he sucked ass for 3.5 quarters. Admit that and hope he gets better with the rest of us, he still needs work.

He does, but this OC sucks... no one is even saying Tebow is GOAT in here, I'm just talking about the horrible play calling.

jhns
10-23-2011, 02:42 PM
I was able to guess what was called on over 80% of plays. McCoy needs to go.

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 02:43 PM
You know, I was going to hold off on coach bashing... But what irritated me was overtime. We had a ton of momentum, our offense finally gets moving, and our first drive what do we do? Revert back to "run, run, run, punt" that produced nothing all day.

The OT offense was a little curious, IMO.

barryr
10-23-2011, 02:46 PM
If one looked when had the chance, one could see Dolphin DB's just about always guessing right which routes the Bronco receivers were running, which kind of makes it hard to get open if the defense knows pretty much where you are running to.

If Fox wants to be around awhile, then he better get off this conservative offense crap and get more diverse at least or he will be gone soon.

Gort
10-23-2011, 02:57 PM
get rid of this ****in clown.

game is close = RUN, RUN, QB DRAW, PUNT

game is out of reach = shotgun, let tebow dominate

game is close = RUN RUN RUN PUNT

i would pay tyson a million bucks if i had to knock this ****head out. what a retard how does he get a job in the nfl

McCoy is a figurehead. there are actually a couple of manatees back in Dove Valley calling the plays and transmitting them by radio to McCoy. that's why he wears a headset. these are the same manatees that write the jokes on Family Guy. 'nuff said.

Gort
10-23-2011, 02:58 PM

suck ass for 3.5 quarters and win = Tebow
suck ass for 4 quarters and lose = Orton

which do you prefer?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-23-2011, 03:07 PM
I agree the play calling was horrid. I think they are constantly afraid Tim will make a mistake. Look no further than OT. In the 4th quarter, they had no choice but to open things up and it worked. As soon as OT started, back to the same BS

SonOfLe-loLang
10-23-2011, 03:08 PM

Of course he needs work, he needs a **** load of work, but the offensive staff really needs to figure out his strengths and weaknesses and quick. As i've said many times, when he's confident as to where he needs to throw it, he spins it well and accurately. Just sometimes he drops back and looks like he has no clue. That's mental.

broncobum6162
10-23-2011, 03:14 PM

Just like Elway when he started mother ****er...:wave:

NUB
10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Seriously, if you call one bootleg in that game it goes for a TD, guaranteed.

RhymesayersDU
10-23-2011, 03:24 PM

http://www.hireshanahan.com!

broncobum6162
10-23-2011, 03:25 PM

I'd rathed be a Tebow nut nuzzler than a Orton ball hugger anyday...U Troll welcome to the 2nd coming of Tebow!

broncobum6162
10-23-2011, 03:29 PM

I was thinking the same thing. 2nd coming of young John Elway if be would just fess up and say it!

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I agree the play calling was horrid. I think they are constantly afraid Tim will make a mistake. Look no further than OT. In the 4th quarter, they had no choice but to open things up and it worked. As soon as OT started, back to the same BS

Overtime was just too much. Honestly I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Tebow's hot and you go away from him in overtime? Thank god DJ forced that fumble. And they tried pretty hard to throw that away with the same crap. Settling for a 52 yard FG by running three straight times into a 8 man front...that is world class crap coaching right there.

barryr
10-23-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe this is why Orton too often was left standing around waiting for a receiver too, but he can't move, so maybe one can say that the offense was neither designed for either Orton or Tebow. Count me as not impressed with the design of plays more so than play calling since one could see Dolphin DB's pretty much guessing right what the Bronco receivers were going to do before it happened. Hard for any QB to find an open man with that going on.

Drunk Monkey
10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
suck ass for 3.5 quarters and win = Tebow
suck ass for 4 quarters and lose = Orton

which do you prefer?

Tebow, as we saw with the coin flip, Orton is a looser. Nothing he can do to change that.

Aftermath
10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
I wish we had Urban Meyer as a OC.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe this is why Orton too often was left standing around waiting for a receiver too, but he can't move, so maybe one can say that the offense was neither designed for either Orton or Tebow. Count me as not impressed with the design of plays more so than play calling since one could see Dolphin DB's pretty much guessing right what the Bronco receivers were going to do before it happened. Hard for any QB to find an open man with that going on.

It's pretty bad when I can guess the play roughly 30-50% of the time. I hate to think how easily an NFL DC can see through this garbage.

Drunk Monkey
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
I'd rathed be a Tebow nut nuzzler than a Orton ball hugger anyday...U Troll welcome to the 2nd coming of Tebow!

Lol, who the hell said anything about Orton? Listen dumb ****, I have no love for Orton and and happy as all hell that he isn't playing.

If your dumb ass really can't function without placing people in you two little camps of Orton or Tebow people I pity you.

I hope Tebow is the next Elway but he needs some work. If he hits Decker on the wide open whiff he had then the onside kick miracle woulden't have been necessary.

I am estatic over the win. I just take exception to people looking for excuses for poor QB play.

barryr
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
It's pretty bad when I can guess the play roughly 30-50% of the time. I hate to think how easily an NFL DC can see through this garbage.

It reminded me of Reeves' offense with Elway. Actually worse really.

broncobum6162
10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
I wish we had Urban Meyer as a OC.

I agree. Simple as that.

broncobum6162
10-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Lol, who the hell said anything about Orton? Listen dumb ****, I have no love for Orton and and happy as all hell that he isn't playing.

If your dumb ass really can't function without placing people in you two little camps of Orton or Tebow people I pity you.

I hope Tebow is the next Elway but he needs some work. If he hits Decker on the wide open whiff he had then the onside kick miracle woulden't have been necessary.

I am estatic over the win. I just take exception to people looking for excuses for poor QB play.

Hold that thought. Keep it close to your heart.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 03:54 PM
It reminded me of Reeves' offense with Elway. Actually worse really.

Yep. This whole thing reminds me of Elway/Reeves honestly. Only this team is way worse than the Bronco teams Elway started with. And the fact that Fox can't hold Reeves' headset.

broncolife
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Iv never been an Orton fan but I believe Mccoys playcalling made him worse than he is. Just like hes doing with Tebow now. And Im not saying Tebow didnt stink it up on some plays

Jason in LA
10-23-2011, 04:00 PM
The play calling was horrible, and for every drive outside of the final two, Tebow was horrible too.

For a good amount of the game I thought that they were way too run heavy and they weren't giving Tebow a chance to do anything. Especially in the first half. I like a run first offense, especially with a young QB, but not a run damn near every play offense. That didn't get them very far.

But in the second half they gave Tebow more opportunities and he just sucked. Some of the passes that he missed, I felt like I was watching a Pop Warner game, or a JV high school game with a kid who just didn't have the fundamentals to play the position.

But Tebow caught fight on the final two drives and was unstoppable, only to have the play calling go back to being conservative in OT. I couldn't believe that hey ran the ball three times to set up a 50+ yard field goal attempt. That was just crazy.

I say just let Tebow let it loose and live and die with that. Running the ball all the time isn't going to get them anywhere. It was almost like they were going to go down without a fight. Might as well go down swinging, and maybe Tebow will pull it out.

They play calling sucked all game, and Tebow sucked a lot when given chances. But seeing that he made it happen at the end, I'd say that they need to give him more chances early in the game.

Jason in LA
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
They need to give Tebow a chance to win or lose instead of game planning him out because they are afraid he isn't ready, or they think he'll throw the game away.

As pissed off as I was watching him miss open receivers in the second half, I think it allowed him to get into the flow of the game, which set him up to get it going on the final two drives.

If they go run heavy, how is he ever going to get better?

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
The plays they used today were ulta conservative IMO it almost looked like tebows was overly worried about making mistakes and it effected his accuracy ( just speculating though) i am hope they let tebow learn by fire and mix it up some next week show a little more trust and maybe it will show in his game.

Rohirrim
10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
The gameplan was very conservative. Obviously the trust in Tebow's passing isn't there. The first three quarters didn't help that trust issue. As far as the final calls went, they had just seen DJ slap the ball out of Moore's hands for the TO. That had to be playing on their minds. I imagine they were very intensely concerned with not calling anything that might cause another TO and felt that if they could get a good shot at the FG by running the ball, they should just stick to it. Like most rookie QBs in the NFL, the more Tebow shows he can handle an expanded play list, the more they'll give him.

TotallyScrewed
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM
There were a lot of players who screwed-up, including Tim Tebow. One player who should get a game ball is Daniel Fells---Zero mistakes (that I saw) and lays out for a huge gain to set-up the tying TD.

TotallyScrewed
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
The gameplan was very conservative. Obviously the trust in Tebow's passing isn't there. The first three quarters didn't help that trust issue. As far as the final calls went, they had just seen DJ slap the ball out of Moore's hands for the TO. That had to be playing on their minds. I imagine they were very intensely concerned with not calling anything that might cause another TO and felt that if they could get a good shot at the FG by running the ball, they should just stick to it. Like most rookie QBs in the NFL, the more Tebow shows he can handle an expanded play list, the more they'll give him.

If that's the case, a Tim Tebow dive is the safest play. But they didn't do that.

KO5K
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
There were a lot of players who screwed-up, including Tim Tebow. One player who should get a game ball is Daniel Fells---Zero mistakes (that I saw) and lays out for a huge gain to set-up the tying TD.

He was the one who caught the tying TD.

The catch on that 28 yarder was crazy good.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
The plays they used today were ulta conservative IMO it almost looked like tebows was overly worried about making mistakes and it effected his accuracy ( just speculating though) i am hope they let tebow learn by fire and mix it up some next week show a little more trust and maybe it will show in his game.

I tend to think that is what leads to a lot of his struggles. I think he thinks too much and is too focused on not messing up, and to be honest I think that has a lot to do with the wishy washy support he gets from the coaches. The guy is so clearly worried about throwing a pick or the like that it throws everything off. It makes me think of times I've golfed or bowled, and I start doing poorly. I often start really trying to not mess up and it almost always gets worse. But when I don't worry about it and just play, my game usually returns (nothing special in either case but better than pure ****).

Boobs McGee
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
I tend to think that is what leads to a lot of his struggles. I think he thinks too much and is too focused on not messing up, and to be honest I think that has a lot to do with the wishy washy support he gets from the coaches. The guy is so clearly worried about throwing a pick or the like that it throws everything off. It makes me think of times I've golfed or bowled, and I start doing poorly. I often start really trying to not mess up and it almost always gets worse. But when I don't worry about it and just play, my game usually returns (nothing special in either case but better than pure ****).

Holy ****ing **** dude give it a rest. They benched Orton to start Tebow. Wishy washy? How bout you just except the fact that Tim was nervous, hasn't worked with the 1's very often, was playing in front of his hometown crowd, doesn't have timing down, running for his life, not feeling comfortable in the pocket, and a variety of other reasons that are extremely plausible other than "wishy washy coach support" being the cause of his tentativeness/horrible throws. For ****s sake, you are the worst kind of fan.

The kid had an amazing comeback, but looked like garbage for most of the game. Growing pains. Jesus.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:33 PM
Holy ****ing **** dude give it a rest. They benched Orton to start Tebow. Wishy washy? How bout you just except the fact that Tim was nervous, hasn't worked with the 1's very often, was playing in front of his hometown crowd, doesn't have timing down, running for his life, not feeling comfortable in the pocket, and a variety of other reasons that are extremely plausible other than "wishy washy coach support" being the cause of his tentativeness/horrible throws. For ****s sake, you are the worst kind of fan.

I was talking about his early struggles throughout all his games in the NFL. What the **** are you talking about?

And if you don't think the coaches and EFX in general are wishy washy when it comes to Tebow you are an idiot. Period.

Boobs McGee
10-23-2011, 04:37 PM
I was talking about his early struggles throughout all his games in the NFL. What the **** are you talking about?

And if you don't think the coaches and EFX in general are wishy washy when it comes to Tebow you are an idiot. Period.

New macgruder. Just go away please.

Bronx33
10-23-2011, 04:39 PM
Lets hope fox and McCoy and tebow learned something in that last quarter/OT.

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
New macgruder. Just go away please.

Because I support Tebow and was positing an opinion for why he struggles early in games? Okay dip****, you have won this argument with your witty retort. Goodbye. ::)

Agamemnon
10-23-2011, 04:42 PM

Based off what I've seen of McCoy calling plays for Tebow through 4 and 1/2 games I'm pretty sure the guy is unteachable.

barryr
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Agreed and with McGahee hurt, they may have no other choice but to open up the offense a bit and let Tebow be a QB.

Boobs McGee
10-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Because I support Tebow and was positing an opinion for why he struggles early in games? Okay dip****, you have won this argument with your witty retort. Goodbye. ::)

No, you're pulling excuses out of your ass to cover for his 3 quarters of ineptitude that were CLEARLY DUE to factors like: ****ty playcalling, poor blocking, inability to get into a rhythm, not having worked on timing with his receivers, being nervous because he's playing in the biggest game of his NFL career, etc etc. You just go right over the top and claim the fact the MAIN reason he's throwing like **** is because of "wishy washy coach support".

**** off dude, he's a young talent that's gonna need time to develop. Just enjoy the victory without throwing our front office under the bus.

You're honestly just trying to cover Tebow's ass by coming up with outlandish excuses, when in reality, he's looking like a rookie. I ****ing LOVE what he's doing, but I know he looked like **** for most of the game, and it wasn't because of "wishy washy coach support".

So, **** off you intolerable prick.

HooptyHoops
10-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Iv never been an Orton fan but I believe Mccoys playcalling made him worse than he is. Just like hes doing with Tebow now. And Im not saying Tebow didnt stink it up on some plays

This, totally this....Orton even thought the play calling made him look worse than he was....

Tebow stunk it up, BUT he won the game! Yes, I'm still smiling!

Wes Mantooth
10-23-2011, 10:05 PM

Bump

Orton did have his share of bad passes, but when was the last time anyone was wide open? Kubiak's left nut is a better signal caller.

RaiderH8r
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM

The kid had an amazing comeback, but looked like garbage for most of the game. Growing pains. Jesus.

An NFL coach benching Orton and putting Tebow on a "week to week" basis is as wishy washy as a HC gets in the NFL. Fox needs to sniff out his nutsack and show a pair. Nut up or shut up Fox. Oh, and fire McCoy. Not after the season, not next week, today. Leave that SOB in Miami. The O caught fire as soon as McCoy had no choice but to open the game up. As soon as McCoy had a choice in the matter the whole thing went back to stagnant. McCoy is a problem.

BabyTO
10-23-2011, 10:42 PM
how the **** do you prepare for 2 weeks and then come up with a gameplan to RUN RUN QB DRAW and Punt it anyway? did this asshole do anything during the bye week? is this all he can come up with?

how about using some of tebows strengths next week you idiot? these morons either seem way to overmatched with tebow or they just dont want him to be our franchise QB. what kind of idiotic coordinator doesnt try to put their QB in the best position to succeed and win games? why dont they use him the way he should be used and where he feels most comfortable? mccoy should follow pop warner for educational reasons to get up to speed, it seems like he doesnt understand football

Popps
10-23-2011, 10:46 PM
They need to give Tebow a chance to win or lose instead of game planning him out because they are afraid he isn't ready, or they think he'll throw the game away.

That might work in movies or video games, but it's simply never going to happen in the cut-throat world of the NFL. Staffs and clubs have too much riding on things to go willy-nilly, Nintendo-style.

The staff evaluated him as having problems throwing from the pocket.

They were correct.

They designed a game plan to limit him having to do that. They were correct to do so.

The game was kept close and we eventually won.

Had we made feild goals and executed the game plan that was in place, we may not have needed the theatrics to win.

People with sidline and front-office jobs on the line are never just going to say "**** it" and let him throw the ball if they feel he's not ready to do so. Clearly, he wasn't ready to do so today.... until the final few minutes when Miami was playing him much differently. You can rest assured Detroit won't make that mistake next week.

Hopefully Tim and the staff can devise a way to expand his passing effectiveness, because we won't get the 30th ranked pass D again next week.

Wes Mantooth
10-23-2011, 11:06 PM
That might work in movies or video games, but it's simply never going to happen in the cut-throat world of the NFL. Staffs and clubs have too much riding on things to go willy-nilly, Nintendo-style.

They were correct.

They designed a game plan to limit him having to do that. They were correct to do so.

Had we made feild goals and executed the game plan that was in place, we may not have needed the theatrics to win.

People with sidline and front-office jobs on the line are never just going to say "**** it" and let him throw the ball if they feel he's not ready to do so. Clearly, he wasn't ready to do so today.... until the final few minutes when Miami was playing him much differently. You can rest assured Detroit won't make that mistake next week.

Hopefully Tim and the staff can devise a way to expand his passing effectiveness, because we won't get the 30th ranked pass D again next week.

My issue Popps is they are ridiculously predictable when throwing. Guys are not getting open.

ol#7
10-24-2011, 03:58 AM

They were correct.

I agree with this, but where were the easy throws to build his confidence? With the pressure the fins' were bringing, we should have had some moving pockets and designed dump offs. How many of those were called? The Fells TD is about the only one I can think of (which Tebow tried too hard not to mess up and floated). Heck, with McGahee out thats one thing Knowshon is good at. Why didnt we run one of those in OT?

If were going to beat Detroit we need a few more of those type of designed plays just to keept Tebow alive. That Detroit D-line is fierce!

cutthemdown
10-24-2011, 06:01 AM
This isn't about Tebow, this is about anyone who lines up behind the Center.

Orton's poor performance this season can equally be attributed to McCoy. This offense has gotten worse, yet we've gotten a better running game, a better oline, and our WR corps have improved with growth.

Think about it.

Well the o coord deserves some credit for improving the run game then doesn't he?

cutthemdown
10-24-2011, 06:02 AM
The detroit dline gets up field almost too fast, and with little maturity. They are scary strong but I think can be burned by Tebows legs big time. Get up the field too fast and Tebow will run right down the middle of the field.

MplsBronco
10-24-2011, 09:08 AM

As pissed off as I was watching him miss open receivers in the second half, I think it allowed him to get into the flow of the game, which set him up to get it going on the final two drives.

If they go run heavy, how is he ever going to get better?

This is exactly right. They did nothing that most teams do with a young QB and that is get him into the flow of the game early with high percentage stuff. Hell, let him throw it 8 out of the first 10 plays type of stuff.

And when the second half began and we started seeing him throw it downfield, particularly after the Decker overflow, I thought to myself that Tim will get it figured out soon and get into the flow. It took longer than I expected but the coaches did nothing to help him out.

Tebow bailed out the coaching staff.

10-30-2011, 03:50 PM
bump bump bump

db56
10-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Agree with the the OP. Tebow looks improved so far, offensive line isnt getting it done and no running game. The Bears terrible O Line was able to scheme a running game against the Lions, I guess the Broncos should hire M. Martz.

Oh well, Tebow was in rhythm in the first quarter..

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
10-30-2011, 04:04 PM
Doesn't help that he's working with a roster full of scrubs.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Agree with the the OP. Tebow looks improved so far, offensive line isnt getting it done and no running game. The Bears terrible O Line was able to scheme a running game against the Lions, I guess the Broncos should hire M. Martz.

Oh well, Tebow was in rhythm in the first quarter..

In rhythm with what?

Jetmeck
10-30-2011, 04:11 PM
short passes, screen passes.. WTF. Who is calling this ****ty game plan ?

Wes Mantooth
10-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Agreed

NUB
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
1st Down: Hand off for 1-3 yards.
2nd Down: Playaction pass.
3rd and Long: Pass.

That has been the Denver's offense on almost every single drive. The one exception I can think of off-hand is when we had two QB-draws in a row.

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
omg I hope McCoy gets canned soon

this is an embarrassment

I mean I know Tebow is inaccurate, but damn running on first every series is a bit predictable

Br0nc0Buster
10-30-2011, 04:17 PM

That has been the Denver's offense on almost every single drive. The one exception I can think of off-hand is when we had two QB-draws in a row.

yes
and last week it was
1st: run up the gut
2nd: incomplete pass
3rd: qb draw

Wes Mantooth
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM

He doesn't have alot to work with at QB right now. Tebow has limitations.

NUB
10-30-2011, 04:31 PM
He doesn't have alot to work with at QB right now. Tebow has limitations.

Tebow has shown he can make all the passes already. Horrendous playcalling is not going to help him regardless of his potential, though. If I can predict what is coming so can the opposing coordinators. McCoy is being a dip**** and making things extremely difficult for an offense whose roster is already razor thin.

10-30-2011, 04:34 PM
Broncos/McCoy

All out blitz - Toss it up deep to a WR on a go route.

Rams/McDaniels

All out blitz - run crossing routes for a 1st down.

tsiguy96
10-30-2011, 04:57 PM
not to try and downplay how bad tebow is playing, but **** atleast gameplan something that he will be successful with.

gyldenlove
10-30-2011, 05:00 PM
not to try and downplay how bad tebow is playing, but **** atleast gameplan something that he will be successful with.

Sadly we can't run the ball on every down - he has had recievers in 1 on 1 all day long and he hasn't been able to hit any of them. You can't gameplan your way out of a QB who can't throw a pass to a reciever you just can't, unless you think we should go goalline formations on every play.

db56
10-30-2011, 05:00 PM
In rhythm with what?

I agree he hasnt been putting on a clinic but to me I've seen the improvement i'm looking for. I've seen a few missed throws and a lot of decent throws that were dropped by recievers.

the organization needs to step up, coaches included...

CEH
10-30-2011, 05:06 PM
0-18 through 3 qtrs the last 2 games on 3rd downs. This isn't about play calling it's about execution. All you have to do is listen to Grieise who knows what the offense should be doing and the correct reads. He's dumfounded as is Logan kinda laughing at Tebow

DarkHorse30
10-30-2011, 05:14 PM
I agree he hasnt been putting on a clinic but to me I've seen the improvement i'm looking for. I've seen a few missed throws and a lot of decent throws that were dropped by recievers.

the organization needs to step up, coaches included...

Agreed....and I'm calling Moreno a bust. A big-talking-couldn't-hit-the-hole-hard-if-it-was-beamed-on-to-his-visor bust. He almost gives Georgia RBs a bad name...and that is saying a lot.

Back to playcalling - You couldn't PLAN a worse game for Tebow. He needs to learn how to throw quicker, and so you don't do any quick slants, even though the DBs are playing off 10 yards? How about teaching/trying a bunch of screens? If Moreno can't run the ball, why not hit him with screens and let him dance around all day? The defense is playing everybody deep from the get go, and that is the gameplan. All deep, all the time? Yikes.....

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Same gameplan that didn't work in Miami used again today. This thread wins the internets...

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 05:21 PM
Agreed....and I'm calling Moreno a bust.

Yep. Today is the day I join the group that can't stand Moreno. Dude has nothing.

Old Dude
10-30-2011, 05:21 PM
If you guys think this was nothing more than a problem with the gameplan, you're all on drugs.

errand
10-30-2011, 05:26 PM
I'm just curious.... has it occurred to anyone that perhaps tim tebow just isn't that good?

snowspot66
10-30-2011, 05:26 PM
If you guys think this was nothing more than a problem with the gameplan, you're all on drugs.

It was everything. Oline, QB, Coaching, RBs, everything. We can always count on one facet of the offense to **** up on every play. It's one giant feedback loop of suck.

errand
10-30-2011, 05:29 PM
You cannot even give bill walsh chicken s*** and expect in return a chicken salad

snowspot66
10-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I'm just curious.... has it occurred to anyone that perhaps tim tebow just isn't that good?

Of course he isn't that good yet. It's only his fifth start and he's on a pretty bad team. I just hope we'll see improvement as the year goes on. I do think he played better than last week although as bad as everybody on offense played it's hard to quantify that in any way.

If he doesn't show improvement I'm not sure what we'll do next year. Luck is the only QB worth a **** in the next draft and with the Rams winning we'll have no shot in hell at getting him. It will be either the Colts or the Dolphins for Luck.

errand
10-30-2011, 05:31 PM
This team as a whole is not very good.... I bet you can count on 1 hand the number of players that are real keepers. I doubt it's just the offensive play calling

Rohirrim

Why are you smearing drugs?

Maximus
Hahahahahaha Beautiful excuse thread!!!!

Bronx33
Every single person in this club has to take responsibility for this mess of a team.

Agamemnon

Don't think anyone is saying that. But the gameplan is the foundation for a team's success, and this gameplan was a joke. Not only was it a joke. It was a joke that they only needed last week's tape to prepare for. It was a joke that was told twice in a row, and wasn't funny either time.

Rohirrim
10-30-2011, 05:33 PM
Tebow will never be an NFL QB. Fortunately, he's on a team where that doesn't really matter. ;D

Jetmeck
10-30-2011, 05:34 PM
Same gameplan that didn't work in Miami used again today. This thread wins the internets...

Absolutely.............whomever dreamt this BS gameplan should be fired tomorrow !

Maximus
10-30-2011, 05:38 PM
I can't wait to watch this again... Great gore horror flick!

x123z
10-30-2011, 05:40 PM
Where is the coach staff? Olandro Franklin is not getting better.

Rohirrim
10-30-2011, 05:43 PM
Looked to me like the Broncos gave Tebow a dumbed down gameplan and he still couldn't execute it. And you want them to trick it up some more?

Bronx33
10-30-2011, 05:44 PM
I can't wait to watch this again... Great gore horror flick!

Then you will enjoy the raiders entire seasons from 2003-2009

Maximus
10-30-2011, 05:50 PM

You still think Tebowing is funny? You still want this non throwing stat padding slug to be your QB??

lonestar
10-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Have not read but a few posts.

But it is clear to anyone that is not blind in one eye and can't see out if the other.

The brain trust certainly is not designing nor calling plays that can help him grow.

Expecting him to be able to throw deep against that pass rush. Is plain silly.

Short crisp passing on screens, over the middle and a few quick bubble passes.

That on top of Some of the recievers making a catch more than 10% of the time would be great. Not that all the passes were remotely perfect but at least 7 of them hit the recievers in the hands or went thru them.

As far as trying to run the ball every ****ing 1st down. How about a change up every so often.

This is reminding me of Danny ball more all the time.

Run, run then ask Elway to haul your ass out of the fire on third down.

Need some dynamic OC that knows how to deal with Tebow.

Bronx33
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
You still think Tebowing is funny? You still want this non throwing stat padding slug to be your QB??

I also thought it was stupid but do go on.

Maximus
10-30-2011, 06:17 PM
I also thought it was stupid but do go on.

You still think teams fear The Tebow? Think I was bull****ting about wanting him to be the starter so we can beat the snot out of him?

Still think that Slow ass release is ok? How many times did he get smacked, sacked or fumble because of that mechanical malady called a throwing motion. He's a disgrace to Real Quarterbacks!

TheReverend
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
This team as a whole is not very good.... I bet you can count on 1 hand the number of players that are real keepers. I doubt it's just the offensive play calling

I bet I can count them on 0 fingers.

ColoradoDarin
10-30-2011, 06:32 PM
The only thing that's wrong with the OP is the word "possibly"

snowspot66
10-30-2011, 06:33 PM
I bet I can count them on 0 fingers.

Miller? Clady? Kuper? Prater? Colquitt?

Popps
10-30-2011, 06:36 PM

It's shocking, the level of denial you're seeing around here. I don't know if it's just a fanboy thing, or if people just can't see the talent discrepancy on the field.

Detroit has a talented team with a NFL caliber QB.

We don't.

Rohirrim
10-30-2011, 06:38 PM
At this point the Broncos should lock up Von Miller forever and trade everybody else they can for draft picks.

Bronx33
10-30-2011, 06:40 PM
You still think teams fear The Tebow? Think I was bull****ting about wanting him to be the starter so we can beat the snot out of him?

Still think that Slow ass release is ok? How many times did he get smacked, sacked or fumble because of that mechanical malady called a throwing motion. He's a disgrace to Real Quarterbacks!

Ummmm ya all rookies are flawless right out of the gate i don't even think coaches are necessary. :spit:

SoCalBronco
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
No one is saying the players (including Tebow) don't bear alot of the responsibility. It's jsut that McCoy also bears a great deal of responsibility as well.

And we're not just criticizing him in hindsight. I mentioned on the podcast that I wanted to see alot of quick screens and bubble screens, and alot of 1 step throws from the gun where you have a single defender read to keep it simple, with a simple hi-lo concept on the defender or a horizontal concept on the defender. We didn't do that...we kept going back under center and running deep drop PA passes over and over. We're down 31-3, why are we running PA passes? Where are the screens to slow down the rush? Where are the 1 step throws from the gun? Even Lynch commented on this during the game.

cabronco
10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

He's lived it already, and after last weeks drubbing he has deja vu. Thats why he comes across so bitter, and he vents his anger & frustrations on this board to make him feel better about his team.

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 06:43 PM
No one is saying the players (including Tebow) don't bear alot of the responsibility. It's jsut that McCoy also bears a great deal of responsibility as well.

Not sure why people are having a problem grasping this concept.

TheReverend
10-30-2011, 06:44 PM
Miller? Clady? Kuper? Prater? Colquitt?

You know how awesome we are when 2/5 of the guys you mentioned are ****ing kickers.

Ha!

oubronco
10-30-2011, 06:45 PM
Don't think anyone is saying that. But the gameplan is the foundation for a team's success, and this gameplan was a joke. Not only was it a joke. It was a joke that they only needed last week's tape to prepare for. It was a joke that was told twice in a row, and wasn't funny either time.

Glazer:
Broncos have switched offense for Tebow, installing more of a college style -- they have put in stuff from different college offenses and even asked for players' input in devising new attack for Tebow

http://t.co/1COi6Twb

snowspot66
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
You know how awesome we are when 2/5 of the guys you mentioned are ****ing kickers.

Ha!

Oh that was definitely not lost upon me when I made that list.

But still. Those are the guys I would hang onto without a doubt. I think Franklin could be a monster guard too.

Bronx33
10-30-2011, 06:49 PM
It was a stone cold fact for all to see that MCcoys play calling was without flow or imagination it almost appeared to be exactly what tebow wasn't comfortable with but i agree with socal on the types of plays he should be running to built some type of confidence in the kid.

It seemed like every time tebow come up to center it was ( here we go again) with the OL letting jail breaks come through every other play ( sure ya got to credit the lions D) but damn McCoy knew a blitz is coming 10 times out of 10 and he still calls a pocket play vs rolling tebow away from the pressure and buying some time.

Now this is 2 games in a row where McCoy did the same thing lets just see what happens next week in that dept it might have something to do with tebows performance if he has no faith in the system he is given which dooms it right out of the gate.

TheReverend
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Oh that was definitely not lost upon me when I made that list.

But still. Those are the guys I would hang onto without a doubt. I think Franklin could be a monster guard too.

Well he sure as **** can't play tackle

Popps
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Yea, there's two ways to look at this...

1. Do what we have to do to make Tim Comfortable.

2. Tim has to learn to run some basic NFL plays and make routine throws.

Clearly, the staff is leaning towards the latter.

If you're a fan of the guy, you may as well root for #2. Because, if he can't learn to make basic NFL throws, improve his footwork and throw timing passes... he's never going to stick as a starter, anyway. We're out of any sort of playoff contention, obviously. The staff appears committed to developing Tebow as a real QB. In reality, that's probably more valuable to him than just throwing him out there, letting him run willy-nilly and throw a few screen passes.

My feeling is... people may just want to get comfortable with the idea of drafting a QB next April.

Archer81
10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes. McCoy is a horrible play caller. Why you continually call for long developing PA passes over and over is beyond me.

:Broncos:

Archer81
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM

If you're a fan of the guy, you may as well root for #2. Because, if he can't learn to make basic NFL throws, improve his footwork and throw timing passes... he's never going to stick as a starter, anyway. We're out of any sort of playoff contention, obviously. The staff appears committed to developing Tebow as a real QB. In reality, that's probably more valuable to him than just throwing him out there, letting him run willy-nilly and throw a few screen passes.

My feeling is... people may just want to get comfortable with the idea of drafting a QB next April.

Like slants. How many slants did we see today? Anything quick hitting?

Bronx33
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Yes. McCoy is a horrible play caller. Why you continually call for long developing PA passes over and over is beyond me.

Which makes the opposing defenses job that much easier.

Popps
10-30-2011, 07:23 PM

Slants are timing patterns. I recall seeing Decker hit on at least one. There were probably more. My guess is that they were probably trying to create bigger spaces for Tebow to throw to.

It's worth mentioning that we don't have a legitimate #1 wide receiver out there.

That's the point... I mean, McCoy MAY be a bad play-caller, but you're not going to know until you have some guys out there that can block, catch and throw.

ColoradoDarin
10-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Slants are timing patterns. I recall seeing Decker hit on at least one. There were probably more. My guess is that they were probably trying to create bigger spaces for Tebow to throw to.

It's worth mentioning that we don't have a legitimate #1 wide receiver out there.

That's the point... I mean, McCoy MAY be a bad play-caller, but you're not going to know until you have some guys out there that can block, catch and throw.

I don't care if we have Manning back there, calling long drop backs with play action when we're down big and the OL getting owned all day long isn't a recipe for success. (actually Manning would audible out of it, so yeah, anyways, his neck, where was I?)

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 07:30 PM
Well he sure as **** can't play tackle

I'm starting to think the same thing. Dude has been destroyed two weeks in a row. He's played as bad if not worse than Tebow at RT of late. But the guy is a rookie, so I'll hold off on jumping to conclusions.

BroncoInferno
10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Not sure why people are having a problem grasping this concept.

Of course McCoy bears responsibility. Why can't some of admit that Tebow has sucked assed running a basic play-action offense?

TheReverend
10-30-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm starting to think the same thing. Dude has been destroyed two weeks in a row. He's played as bad if not worse than Tebow at RT of late. But the guy is a rookie, so I'll hold off on jumping to conclusions.

I just wish I knew wtf they won't put a TE on that side with him to at least CHIP before running their route.

FFS, it's mind boggling inept game-planning to go hand in hand with a complete dearth of talent on both sides of the ball.

10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
I just wish I knew wtf they won't put a TE on that side with him to at least CHIP before running their route.

FFS, it's mind boggling inept game-planning to go hand in hand with a complete dearth of talent on both sides of the ball.

Either that or have an RB chip him... they act as if Avril is some bum that can be left on an Island with Franklin.

razorwire77
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Franklin has been pretty shaky in pass protection, but Tebow isn't helping things by holding on to the ball for as long as he is.

Popps
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
I don't care if we have Manning back there, calling long drop backs with play action when we're down big and the OL getting owned all day long isn't a recipe for success. (actually Manning would audible out of it, so yeah, anyways, his neck, where was I?)

Yea, but a guy like Manning would absolutely torch a defense that played him the way the Lions did today. You send extra rushers and he's going to make you pay.

I also seem to recall that the general sentiment around here was that the line was improving until Tebow came in. Now, they're giving up a lot of sacks. But, Orton is a statue and even he seemed to get sacked less. Obviously, a lot of this has to do with Franklin being asked to protect a blind-side. I didn't see how much help they gave him today... and frankly, I don't know if I can watch that game again.

I'm sure the staff could have done some things differently. But, at some point... somehow... Tebow has to make NFL throws and he just can't do it yet. I don't know if that kind of thing will just eventually come to him or what. Clearly, he's had very little starting time.

Lots of blame to go around, but those looking to scape-goat one person (i.e. a coordinator) for this kind of loss are just sadly out of touch with what's happening out there.

Jetmeck
10-30-2011, 07:46 PM

Listen A-hole. Get your own house in order before you jump the fence and start preaching at us. One of the worst teams in the league made you look like a high school team last week. **** OFF

10-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Can you tell the difference? Which is McCoy and which is Slowik?

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/m_mccoy_011511_IA.jpg

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/bobslowik.jpg

ColoradoDarin
10-30-2011, 07:51 PM
Yea, but a guy like Manning would absolutely torch a defense that played him the way the Lions did today. You send extra rushers and he's going to make you pay.

I also seem to recall that the general sentiment around here was that the line was improving until Tebow came in. Now, they're giving up a lot of sacks. But, Orton is a statue and even he seemed to get sacked less. Obviously, a lot of this has to do with Franklin being asked to protect a blind-side. I didn't see how much help they gave him today... and frankly, I don't know if I can watch that game again.

I'm sure the staff could have done some things differently. But, at some point... somehow... Tebow has to make NFL throws and he just can't do it yet. I don't know if that kind of thing will just eventually come to him or what. Clearly, he's had very little starting time.

Lots of blame to go around, but those looking to scape-goat one person (i.e. a coordinator) for this kind of loss are just sadly out of touch with what's happening out there.

So you're saying Manning running 7 step P/A drops would have done well today? Or maybe you missed that part.

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Of course McCoy bears responsibility. Why can't some of admit that Tebow has sucked assed running a basic play-action offense?

Pretty sure I've stated that Tebow was bad today in quite a few posts...

Maximus
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Listen A-hole. Get your own house in order before you jump the fence and start preaching at us. One of the worst teams in the league made you look like a high school team last week. **** OFF

What happened to your hero dumbass!

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM

Yeah things like that completely baffle me. I don't want to be a conspiracy theorist saying that they want Tebow to fail (because it sounds crazy), but when they do absolutely nothing to help the guy, when they avoid doing the most basic of things that almost everyone knows about (screens, max protect, TE and RB chips on DE, etc.), it certainly looks like it. That or McCoy is the worst OC in football. I'm not sure which I prefer to be true...

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 07:59 PM
Franklin has been pretty shaky in pass protection, but Tebow isn't helping things by holding on to the ball for as long as he is.

Oh just stop. Most of the sacks and pressures against Tebow had nothing to do with him holding the ball too long. Our o-line got owned today. Yes Tebow held the ball too long here and there, but that was not the heart of the problem. Not even close.

Mile High Mojoe
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
That is it.

These receivers are getting huge cushions, and you can't design a play to complete a pass for 10 yards? I see Decker/or whoever running free every time they hand off... a play action pass to the middle of field might be wise.

I'm almost positive every OC in the league can come up with a few plays that would be an easy completion for Tebow.

Especially with a running game like the Broncos?

You have to be a pretty ****ty OC to not be able to dial up successful passing plays with a running game like the Broncos right now.

This is one of the few good post game observations, thanks. I concur.

10-30-2011, 08:01 PM

what's funny is, all this was last week. Ha!

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:13 PM
Looked to me like the Broncos gave Tebow a dumbed down gameplan and he still couldn't execute it. And you want them to trick it up some more?

Guess you saw a different game than I did.
Run run and then third and long.
Nothing new in the playbook I saw.

I saw loads of deep routes that had no chance of happening considering there was NO running game.

RaiderH8r
10-30-2011, 08:15 PM

Right but it is also little things like TE help or rbs chipping on their way out of the route or using quick hitting plays to DT or Eddie royal. It seems like McCoy has no clue whatsoever out there. Frankly I have consequently revised upward my opinion of pocket sloth. Not to the point of thinking he should be in there but he isn't as bad as I thought because McCoy is dogs hit. I am pretty sure KO is better than Kolb and AZ would have been better served to deal with us than Philly. To be fair, I thought KO was better than Kolb when they made the deal in the offseason.

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:18 PM
Glazer:
Broncos have switched offense for Tebow, installing more of a college style -- they have put in stuff from different college offenses and even asked for players' input in devising new attack for Tebow

http://t.co/1COi6Twb

So what plays were run from that package. I did not see anything new.
Maybe they talked about it but talk is cheap.

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Right but it is also little things like TE help or rbs chipping on their way out of the route or using quick hitting plays to DT or Eddie royal. It seems like McCoy has no clue whatsoever out there. Frankly I have consequently revised upward my opinion of pocket sloth. Not to the point of thinking he should be in there but he isn't as bad as I thought because McCoy is dogs hit. I am pretty sure KO is better than Kolb and AZ would have been better served to deal with us than Philly. To be fair, I thought KO was better than Kolb when they made the deal in the offseason.

It's funny, but I've kind of had the same reaction. I don't like Orton as a QB. I just don't. But I'm starting to think his collapse this year had a lot to do with McCoy. He couldn't even put up his usual empty yards for god's sake, and now we're seeing Tebow being put in low percentage situation after low percentage situation with no adjustments at all. McCoy seems to clearly be our biggest problem on offense right now. And that's saying something, because we've got a lot of problems on offense.

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
It was a stone cold fact for all to see that MCcoys play calling was without flow or imagination it almost appeared to be exactly what tebow wasn't comfortable with but i agree with socal on the types of plays he should be running to built some type of confidence in the kid.

It seemed like every time tebow come up to center it was ( here we go again) with the OL letting jail breaks come through every other play ( sure ya got to credit the lions D) but damn McCoy knew a blitz is coming 10 times out of 10 and he still calls a pocket play vs rolling tebow away from the pressure and buying some time.

Now this is 2 games in a row where McCoy did the same thing lets just see what happens next week in that dept it might have something to do with tebows performance if he has no faith in the system he is given which dooms it right out of the gate.

Outstanding understanding of the issue. Why some did not get it I'm not sure.

TheReverend
10-30-2011, 08:33 PM

It's a week old, so good job.

TheChamp24
10-30-2011, 08:34 PM
The playcall was horrible.
I'm not giving Tebow a pass for screwing up, but good lord how many times did we run out of a heavy set and wind up in 3rd and long, and come up with long routes?
Or just long developing pass plays. Throw some bubble screens/screens, short slants, etc. Instead, we come out with a 6 OL look with a 2 TE and a FB and a RB and what do you know, Detroit expects a run and gets it.
Still, this is going to be a long 9 games now to see if Tebow still sucks or has something.

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM

I'm not expecting to win now but asking Tebow to learn the basics playing against the DET DL is well, stupid. Create a game plan that can build his confidence it destroy it and practice basics Monday thru Friday or on game day. Practice during OTAs. But then like uou said they are going to waste another number one on draft day. Because Tebow is Joshes choice not theirs.

Mile High Mojoe
10-30-2011, 08:37 PM
what's funny is, all this was last week. Ha!

I knew that you idiot, it's still applies for today. That's why I posted it today. Get it?

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM

Play action only works IF Your able To run the ball.

Agamemnon
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm not giving Tebow a pass for screwing up, but good lord how many times did we run out of a heavy set and wind up in 3rd and long, and come up with long routes?
Or just long developing pass plays. Throw some bubble screens/screens, short slants, etc. Instead, we come out with a 6 OL look with a 2 TE and a FB and a RB and what do you know, Detroit expects a run and gets it.
Still, this is going to be a long 9 games now to see if Tebow still sucks or has something.

This is obvious to everyone outside the people that just can't wait to throw Tebow under the bus. Yes Tebow was bad, but the OC was far far worse.

10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Play action only works IF Your able To run the ball.

Sorry, that's not true at all. Did you watch Broncos offense last year? They were #1 in the league with play action offense and Kyle Orton, with a ****ty running game.

Not sure if you've played football, or know what's going on, but the reason is that linebackers/dlineman are taught to react to certain blocking schemes and techniques of OL to tip off if it is a passing/running play. You can run a play where you fake a handoff while using a running scheme to draw the defenders in... and thus open up the back of the field.

It doesn't matter how the running game is going (not all the time), because defenders are taught to react to a technique, regardless of how the running game is going. If they DON'T react, you can run the ball for a good gain.

gyldenlove
10-30-2011, 08:54 PM

In the 1st half Tebow had exactly 1 good pass. He consistently overthrew his targets despite getting 1 on 1 coverage all day.

The only reason Detroit stopped the run today was that they knew it was the only thing that could beat them, they put 8 men in the box even when we put 3 WRs on the field because Tebow can't throw the football right now, you can't gameplan or playcall your way out of that, if there is no threat of completing a pass they will stop the run all day long.

lonestar
10-30-2011, 08:58 PM

While you are on to something here.

What would happen is you'd be bitching about him throwing the ball away.

The normal way to slow down the rush like that is sucker them in with screens.

Just how many of those were called today?

Rohirrim
10-30-2011, 09:27 PM
Guess you saw a different game than I did.
Run run and then third and long.
Nothing new in the playbook I saw.

I saw loads of deep routes that had no chance of happening considering there was NO running game.

Let's put it this way: Ryan Leaf had a better QB rating his rookie season.

Popps
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
In the 1st half Tebow had exactly 1 good pass. He consistently overthrew his targets despite getting 1 on 1 coverage all day.

The only reason Detroit stopped the run today was that they knew it was the only thing that could beat them, they put 8 men in the box even when we put 3 WRs on the field because Tebow can't throw the football right now, you can't gameplan or playcall your way out of that, if there is no threat of completing a pass they will stop the run all day long.

Yea, this is pretty much it. Were there other issues? Sure, but insert an average NFL QB into our offense today and the game would have looked much different. We can't complete a pass. 18 for 40, folks. That's insane.

It's not an anti-tebow thing, it's just a pro-reality thing. He looks like he has no idea how to throw a football. I hate to use the word "regressed" as some have... but in watching his videos from last year, I honestly think he's worse. Worse than he was in his FIRST start last year. I just don't get it, and it's not the play-calling... it's his delivery... mechanics, etc. It all just looks worse.

Rohirrim
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Yea, this is pretty much it. Were there other issues? Sure, but insert an average NFL QB into our offense today and the game would have looked much different. We can't complete a pass. 18 for 40, folks. That's insane.

It's not an anti-tebow thing, it's just a pro-reality thing. He looks like he has no idea how to throw a football. I hate to use the word "regressed" as some have... but in watching his videos from last year, I honestly think he's worse. Worse than he was in his FIRST start last year. I just don't get it, and it's not the play-calling... it's his delivery... mechanics, etc. It all just looks worse.

Not only that, he still panics when his #1 receiver is covered. How many times today did he take one look downfield and then take off? Even John Lynch was pointing out how crappy his footwork is. The reason they don't call any three step drops and quick slants is because Tebow's mechanics are too ****ed up to complete the play.

Popps
10-30-2011, 09:53 PM
Not only that, he still panics when his #1 receiver is covered. How many times today did he take one look downfield and then take off? Even John Lynch was pointing out how crappy his footwork is. The reason they don't call any three step drops and quick slants is because Tebow's mechanics are too ****ed up to complete the play.

Watching the local guys here in LA go over the highlights on the post-game show and the analyst guy (ex-USC player) is just ripping him. Not in an "I don't like him" way. In fact, he said he loves watching him play... but he's just pointing out how flawed his delivery is on almost every play. Doesn't set his feet, doesn't see the blitz, not enough zip, etc.

Some of that can be fixed with time... but all of it? I just don't know.

It's only his 5th start, but he's been in the league a year and change now. I just look at a guy like Dalton and how much farther along he is in his development and it just makes me wonder if Tim's going to be able to catch up in time.

Anyway, today didn't really show me anything I didn't already know. I was just hoping we'd see signs that he was turning any kind of a corner.

TheChamp24
10-30-2011, 11:04 PM
And our numbnuts in the previous regime thought this guy was worth a 1st round pick.

Cito Pelon
10-30-2011, 11:35 PM

Tebow can't throw the slant. I thought you wanted plays Tebow could execute, that could get him comfortable.

I don't see how it's McCoy's fault Tebow is passing poorly.

Popps
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM
From another board but pretty well sums it up...

...everybody else singling out the play-calling: Can you please offer an example of what good play calling in a bad performance looks like? Logically, it exists, yet nobody who denigrates the play calling ever seems to say “wow, that was a terrible call, bailed out by a great block!” I’ve never once seen it.

Playcalling is the denial-boogeyman people turn to when the execution sucks

Popps
10-31-2011, 12:14 AM
And our numbnuts in the previous regime thought this guy was worth a 1st round pick.

The thing is, while the prior administration may have been incorrect to draft him that high, you have to understand that they were ready to commit to building a system around him and working him into the offense slowly. McDaniels and Co. saw him as a centerpiece to a completely different kind of system.
In other words, they had a vision. It may have been an ill-advised vision but it was one nonetheless.

The current admin has no such tie to him. They have no such investment in him.
It's "show me something or get out of the way."

Elway and Co are already narrowing down which QB they'll take come April.
Tim has 9 games to change their minds.

lonestar
10-31-2011, 12:39 AM
Sorry, that's not true at all. Did you watch Broncos offense last year? They were #1 in the league with play action offense and Kyle Orton, with a ****ty running game.

Not sure if you've played football, or know what's going on, but the reason is that linebackers/dlineman are taught to react to certain blocking schemes and techniques of OL to tip off if it is a passing/running play. You can run a play where you fake a handoff while using a running scheme to draw the defenders in... and thus open up the back of the field.

It doesn't matter how the running game is going (not all the time), because defenders are taught to react to a technique, regardless of how the running game is going. If they DON'T react, you can run the ball for a good gain.

Perhaps it is you that should understand that even IF the D is taught to respect play action. They also KNOW That we can't run for crap and have NO reason to react to it.

They know the only runner we have is Tebow and they spy him.

But good trying to obfuscate the issue.

BTW they also know that Tebow is not a master at Play action fakes.

Agamemnon
10-31-2011, 12:40 AM

...everybody else singling out the play-calling: Can you please offer an example of what good play calling in a bad performance looks like? Logically, it exists, yet nobody who denigrates the play calling ever seems to say “wow, that was a terrible call, bailed out by a great block!” I’ve never once seen it.

Anyone who thinks there wasn't something horribly wrong with the play-calling in this game is the one in denial.

Popps
10-31-2011, 12:42 AM
Anyone who thinks there wasn't something horribly wrong with the play-calling in this game is the one in denial.

Yea, OK guy. We get it. You like Tebow. Good lord, no wonder they said you were worse than McGruder.

lonestar
10-31-2011, 12:52 AM
Let's put it this way: Ryan Leaf had a better QB rating his rookie season.

And your point.

If your OC sucks at calling plays it matters not how well yiu can throw the ball.
Does Tebow need practice time to get into sync with the recievers you bet.

But you do not play into the strength of the other team. And IMO DET has one of the best DLs IN THE league. you call fast acting slants, screens and get your QB out of the pocket with roll outs in particular away from Franklin.

You do not force him to play from the pocket with that DL across the LOS.
You might be able to get away with it if you had a 2-3 year vet as a QB that has his timing down. But not a rookie. And that is what Tebow still is.

Rohirrim
10-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Ha! Yeah, I get it; Tebow is a god and if he sucks it must be somebody else's fault.

Tebow was throwing just as bad on the run as he was from the pocket. He was just as clueless about the defense on the run as he was in the pocket. Tebow hasn't shown that he has the mechanics to throw a quick slant from a three step drop. Why would any OC call it? Face it. McCoy knows very well what Tebow's very limited skill set is, and he called plays accordingly. McCoy tried a number of variables, none of which Tebow could execute.

TailgateNut
10-31-2011, 06:27 AM
Ha! Yeah, I get it; Tebow is a god and if he sucks it must be somebody else's fault.

Tebow was throwing just as bad on the run as he was from the pocket. He was just as clueless about the defense on the run as he was in the pocket. Tebow hasn't shown that he has the mechanics to throw a quick slant from a three step drop. Why would any OC call it? Face it. McCoy knows very well what Tebow's very limited skill set is, and he called plays accordingly. McCoy tried a number of variables, none of which Tebow could execute.

But I thought Tebow was the ANSWER. Or, at least that's what I've been told by the OM Football experts.:spit:

Then as soon as his name was mentioned as possibly being the starter, the groundwork for excuses was being laid. Now it's everybody and everything except Tebow.

Yup. The experts have spoken!

ColoradoDarin
10-31-2011, 06:47 AM

Whatever. This is like asking "when did you stop beating your wife?"

broncobum6162
10-31-2011, 07:30 AM
And your point.

If your OC sucks at calling plays it matters not how well yiu can throw the ball.

But you do not play into the strength of the other team. And IMO DET has one of the best DLs IN THE league. you call fast acting slants, screens and get your QB out of the pocket with roll outs in particular away from Franklin.

You might be able to get away with it if you had a 2-3 year vet as a QB that has his timing down. But not a rookie. And that is what Tebow still is.

John Lynch was saying the same thing too. He said you gotta set him up for success not failure w/ the playcalling. No screen passes to offset the rush till the fourth quarter.... insane.

oubronco
10-31-2011, 07:40 AM
And your point.

When the Defense is playing 9 guys within 10 yds of the LOS how the hell is a slant going to work especially with a slow windup release? A screen here or there would work if they had a RB who could execute one and make people miss but they don't have one. Until Tebow proves he can throw the ball this is what we are going to see week in and week out and it's not going to get fixed in a week of practice. This team has needed a total rebuild for a long time and it is going to take a long time

11-06-2011, 03:46 PM
3 weeks in a row?

Maximus
11-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Excuses?

Hercules Rockefeller
11-06-2011, 03:54 PM
When the Defense is playing 9 guys within 10 yds of the LOS how the hell is a slant going to work especially with a slow windup release? A screen here or there would work if they had a RB who could execute one and make people miss but they don't have one. Until Tebow proves he can throw the ball this is what we are going to see week in and week out and it's not going to get fixed in a week of practice. This team has needed a total rebuild for a long time and it is going to take a long time

No, no, no, it's the playcalling. Who cares that no defense respects Tim or that he can't execute, it's the playcalling.

Jesterhole
11-06-2011, 04:34 PM
3rd and 13 and they call a QB draw.

Can we get an NFL caliber O-coordinator please?

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 04:37 PM
Yea, OK guy. We get it. You like Tebow. Good lord, no wonder they said you were worse than McGruder.

Okay, we get it, you'll support the coaches and FO no matter how much they suck. Have fun with that...

Jesterhole
11-06-2011, 04:52 PM
3rd and 20, they call a QB run again. WTF ARE YOU FVCKING THINKING????!?!?!?!?!!?

Popps
11-06-2011, 05:17 PM
Okay, we get it, you'll support the coaches and FO no matter how much they suck. Have fun with that...

:rofl:

Your timing is great.

I assume the "experts" around here won't be questioning the play-calling today.

Gee I wonder if execution has something to do with things?

Ronnie Tsunami
11-06-2011, 05:22 PM
Mike McCoy = Worst Coordinator in NFL History.

300 yards team rushing AWAY vs. a division rival. atrocious playcalling.

snowspot66
11-06-2011, 05:33 PM

I think it's getting better but lets not hand out any awards to the guy just yet. Two QB draws up the middle in a row isn't what I would call fantastic decision making.

Popps
11-06-2011, 05:57 PM

Yeeeaaaa, I have a feeling the forum play-calling experts will be taking the week off. Don't worry though, the next time we don't execute or play a more talented team... they'll be back to remind us how to run an offense.

11-06-2011, 05:58 PM

Let's be honest, he was calling the same plays during the end of the game...

Jetmeck
11-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Yeeeaaaa, I have a feeling the forum play-calling experts will be taking the week off. Don't worry though, the next time we don't execute or play a more talented team... they'll be back to remind us how to run an offense.

Heh stupid. Even a blind old fool like you could see a huge difference in play calling...........................:~ohyah!:

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Mike McCoy's play calling was atrocious in this game once again (with a few exceptions), but we won so people won't say anything. The guy is painfully predictable, and doesn't seem to understand how to call a balanced attack where the run game and pass game feed off each other.

The dude can't count on our o-line dominating in the run game like they did today every game. He needs to start showing some ****ing creativity.

maven
11-06-2011, 06:02 PM
Can you get the plays in faster, please? Also, the back to back Tebow runs in the 4th at midfield was not good.

lonestar
11-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Just curious did utilize note he actually can throw the ball beyond the LOS.

Given a decent game plan and WR not dropping passes makes a hell of a difference.

The kid has lots of room for improvement, but each week he has been better in one phase of the game or another.

I'm not saying he is the FQB but given some coaching and time to get his timing down he may surprise even you.

Popps
11-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Mike McCoy's play calling was atrocious in this game once again (with a few exceptions), but we won so people won't say anything. The guy is painfully predictable, and doesn't seem to understand how to call a balanced attack where the run game and pass game feed off each other.

The dude can't count on our o-line dominating in the run game like they did today every game. He needs to start showing some ****ing creativity.

http://www.stuartduncan.name/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/square_peg_in_round_hole_2.jpg

bombay
11-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Tebow amazingly overcame the conspiracy of Fox and staff to cause him to fail, the horrendous playcalling of McCoy, the terrible play of Clady, Royal, various Thomases, and probably Moreno although I didn't see him on the field.

Woot! Tebow!

Gort
11-06-2011, 06:10 PM
Tebow amazingly overcame the conspiracy of Fox and staff to cause him to fail, the horrendous playcalling of McCoy, the terrible play of Clady, Royal, various Thomases, and probably Moreno although I didn't see him on the field.

Woot! Tebow!

look up "tedious" in the dictionary. there is a picture of you next to the entry.

lonestar
11-06-2011, 06:11 PM

Overall we did not dominate the LOS. We had a few really good plays and then we had a **** load of stuffs.
Most of our success came off around end. Up the gut not so much other than the one we caught them blitzing and WM was gone.

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:12 PM

http://www.stuartduncan.name/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/square_peg_in_round_hole_2.jpg

You actually think two straight QB draws on 2nd and 3rd down is good play calling don't you? :thumbsup:

Agamemnon
11-06-2011, 06:14 PM
Overall we did not dominate the LOS. We had a few really good plays and then we had a **** load of stuffs.
Most of our success came off around end. Up the gut not so much other than the one we caught them blitzing and WM was gone.

We had 300 yards rushing today. There were big holes for McGahee on the majority of plays. What game were you watching? The o-line dominated the LOS in the run game, especially in the 2nd half.

lonestar
11-06-2011, 11:52 PM
We had 300 yards rushing today. There were big holes for McGahee on the majority of plays. What game were you watching? The o-line dominated the LOS in the run game, especially in the 2nd half.
Just watched it again. Overall it was great or stuffed.

Did not count them but I'd bet there are more 2 yard OT less runs than average.

If you take the few 10 yard plus runs away. I'd guess the YPA would be about 3.

Now I know that we had some great runs today. But getting the third and short was not great again. Especially up the gut.

I like the kid alot. But see he needs better pass protect and boo king for the run.

Btw clady. Seriously. Lead the league in holding calls.

And even had one not accepted. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

11-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Just watched it again. Overall it was great or stuffed.

Did not count them but I'd bet there are more 2 yard OT less runs than average.

If you take the few 10 yard plus runs away. I'd guess the YPA would be about 3.

Now I know that we had some great runs today. But getting the third and short was not great again. Especially up the gut.

I like the kid alot. But see he needs better pass protect and boo king for the run.

Btw clady. Seriously. Lead the league in holding calls.

And even had one not accepted. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

why do people still use this dumbass logic of taking runs away to lower YPA?

lonestar
11-07-2011, 12:13 AM
why do people still use this dumbass logic of taking runs away to lower YPA?

Wow, like to show dumb asses that if it were not for a few plays like the one long run that we caught in a blitz we were not all that special.

Yes we had a damned fine game today against a team that should have kicked our ass at home. Actually has been kicking out ass for about the last decade.

As I said look at how many times our RBs including Tebow were met at he LOS and got a yard or two. One hell of a lot more times than big yardage plays.

Yes I know it is an "average. But take that 60 yarder out and it drops that average by 3+ YPC.

But he had a great day. But then look at how many times TEbow, ball
and Moreno got stuffed or gained two.

And that is all OL

11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Wow, like to show dumb asses that if it were not for a few plays like the one long run that we caught in a blitz we were not all that special.

Yes we had a damned fine game today against a team that should have kicked our ass at home. Actually has been kicking out ass for about the last decade.

As I said look at how many times our RBs including Tebow were met at he LOS and got a yard or two. One hell of a lot more times than big yardage plays.

Yes I know it is an "average. But take that 60 yarder out and it drops that average by 3+ YPC.

But he had a great day. But then look at how many times TEbow, ball
and Moreno got stuffed or gained two.

And that is all OL

you need to analyze stats more. A 60 yarder from ANYONE on ANY team will decrease their average by 3 YPC.

Whats separates the good running teams from the not so good ones are the amount of big runs they can break off... Broncos are up there with runs of over 10+ yards.

So please, just stop it, this is elementary ****. You can go through every single RB, team in the league and take out their big runs and they'll have a low YPA.

Let me end this by saying, Oakland had a stout run D for the past couple weeks before this game. They held the Texans to 70 yards on 25 carries, thats 2.8 YPC.

People really need to stop that **** of, "let's just take away all the big runs and see what his YPA is"...

Big RUNS ARE PART OF THE GAME and they are PART of the players statistic... you think if you took Chris Johnson's big runs from his 2000 yard season he'd have a good YPA? What about Jamal Charles?

No RB or TEAM in the league LITERALLY averages 4-5 yards per carry...if this were the case teams would run it ON EVERY SINGLE DOWN....

Like the Eagles average 5.8 YPC for their rush offense...you think if you take out their big runs they'd still average that? OBVIOUSLY NOT... and do they literally get 5.8 yards every single carry? NO.

You can't gauge the YPC by taking it into literal sense of, this is how much we would get if we were to hand it off one more time.

errand
11-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Only here on the orangemane can you beat a division rival by 2 touchdowns and move within 1 game of first place of the division lead and have people do nothing but b**** about how you did it

Agamemnon
11-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Only here on the orangemane can you beat a division rival by 2 touchdowns and move within 1 game of first place of the division lead and have people do nothing but b**** about how you did it

You'd have a point if there weren't tons of celebratory posts as well...

Criticizing problem areas does not equate to bitching. So why don't you stop bitching about people bitching? Hmm?

lonestar
11-07-2011, 03:04 AM
Can't quote that huge rebuttal on my iPhone.

But please do not say that the broncos are remotely better running the ball than HOU is.
Today was an anamoloy in the raiders run defense. They held us to under a hundred last time and it was under fifty IIRC.

With out WM breaking that first one off for a TD on a blitz we would have been screwed.

I'll bet that we will have less 300 yard days than we will have more than less than 125 days.

Now that said we are it all that great. In between the tackles for running the ball.

We seemed to have some success in running wide on them.

TheChamp24
11-07-2011, 08:13 AM
The first half we were getting stuffed, but still getting 2-3 yards a pop. He STUCK with the run, and it paid off in the 2nd half when we started to run wild.
McGahee I believe was at 14 carries for 40 yards before he broke his 60 yard run.

The playcalling was a bit better IMO, and Tebow showed improvement.

bronco militia
11-07-2011, 08:54 AM
I don't think the broncos attemted a pass in the 4th quarter. I was pissed off at those two qb keepers in the 4th quarter after the broncos tied the game.

Dedhed
11-07-2011, 08:58 AM

Yeah, we get it; if you discount everything positive, it's easy to be a hater.

Dedhed
11-07-2011, 09:04 AM
The playcalling was a bit better.
I tend to disagree. I think the execution is better, but the play calling is just dismal. How do you not call a single designed rollout pass for Tebow? Was there a single screen in the 1st half when the Raiders were just going zero blitz on every play? There is a disturbing lack of quick developing routes, and no creativity that makes things easy on a young QB.

They wait until we're behind 14 points to try anything, open the playbook, and then as soon as we're back in the game they return to turtle mode. It's brutal.

jhns
11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
I tend to disagree. I think the execution is better, but the play calling is just dismal. How do you not call a single designed rollout pass for Tebow? Was there a single screen in the 1st half when the Raiders were just going zero blitz on every play? There is a disturbing lack of quick developing routes, and no creativity that makes things easy on a young QB.

They wait until we're behind 14 points to try anything, open the playbook, and then as soon as we're back in the game they return to turtle mode. It's brutal.

This. The constant runs on third down are also annoying. His play calling is great if you have a great o line and RB, just like every other coordinator.

I don't get why people are defending him. We haven't had a good offense in years. A couple of good games a season won't change that fact.

TheChamp24
11-07-2011, 09:14 AM

Notice, a bit better than absolute horse crap is still dog crap.
Sticking with running the Spread Option play was good, the shovel passes weren't.
A screen on that 8 man blitz would've been amazing IMO.
Needs more moving the pocket and quick slants though.

bronco militia
11-07-2011, 09:15 AM

yep

lonestar
11-07-2011, 01:09 PM
Yeah, we get it; if you discount everything positive, it's easy to be a hater.

If you call not seeing it through orange shades a hater then at one time or another everyone on here has done that.

I see it as it is we have along way to go. Everyone needs to gets better from the top down.

The exsisiting players need coaching that many missed because of the CBA missing the OTAs. They also need time working next to each other. Familirity with each other will bring lots if improvement.

Whether it is enough to compete in the NFL to the playoffs only time will tell.

lonestar
11-07-2011, 01:28 PM
This. The constant runs on third down are also annoying. His play calling is great if you have a great o line and RB, just like every other coordinator.

I don't get why people are defending him. We haven't had a good offense in years. A couple of good games a season won't change that fact.

Let's be honest we have not had a great offense since the superblow years. Since the HOF players retired after that it was ok But we have always since then sucked in the red zone.

One of the reasons that Elam was a prolific scorer those 20-40 yarders.

lonestar
11-07-2011, 01:31 PM

So fire FOx ecause that is what he wants Called.
Until then come up with something they will do or shut your pie hole

Dedhed
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
So fire FOx ecause that is what he wants Called.
Until then come up with something they will do or shut your pie hole

Well stated. Thank you for that resounding rebuttal.

Popps
11-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Wow, no bitching about the play-calling today? It was a ridiculous run to pass ratio. I mean, what was McCoy thinking? Where are the play-calling experts today?

jhns
11-13-2011, 01:58 PM
Wow, no b****ing about the play-calling today? It was a ridiculous run to pass ratio. I mean, what was McCoy thinking? Where are the play-calling experts today?

You clearly haven't been reading the board. Everyone complains and you ask where the complaining is. Smart.

fontaine
11-13-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey, I'll take a win in arrowhead in November no matter how it comes.

Sure it would have been cool to see Tebow pass more but when the ground game is having so much fun dismantling the defense and shutting up the narrowhead faithful why change?

Turd_Ferguson
11-13-2011, 02:04 PM
Wow, no b****ing about the play-calling today? It was a ridiculous run to pass ratio. I mean, what was McCoy thinking? Where are the play-calling experts today?

Tebow can't throw and therefore neither can the Broncos.

Jesterhole
11-13-2011, 02:13 PM

Worst poster on the board (along with Baja) strikes again. You're such a giant tool Popps. Go be a Rams fan so you can root for your boy, McD.

jebures
11-13-2011, 02:15 PM
mccoy needs a big kick in the @ss, he is a pathetic play caller and did not make any halftime adjustments. We won despite that play calling. Our D won this game.

ColoradoDarin
11-13-2011, 02:16 PM

Some posters can't be happy when we win.

/superfan card played
//Popps

TDmvp
11-13-2011, 02:19 PM
O now stop dissing our Yawn and Shoot O ... It won didn't it ?

:poke::poke::poke:

Popps
11-13-2011, 02:22 PM
O now stop dissing our Yawn and Shoot O ... It won didn't it ?

:poke::poke::poke:

:strong:

I love it, man. Just wondering where the play-calling experts are this week. Can you imagine the volcanic eruption that would have gone down here this week if we lost by 3 with this game-plan?

Again, the play-calling experts seem to hinge their argument solely on the results, which disregards execution completely. Obviously, a flawed argument.

Fantastic game-plan today, great execution. Yes, we'll need to pass more next week. That didn't matter this week. Props all around to the team for getting a win despite extremely difficult circumstances.

ColoradoDarin
11-13-2011, 02:28 PM
:strong:

I love it, man. Just wondering where the play-calling experts are this week. Can you imagine the volcanic eruption that would have gone down here this week if we lost by 3 with this game-plan?

Again, the play-calling experts seem to hinge their argument solely on the results, which disregards execution completely. Obviously, a flawed argument.

Fantastic game-plan today, great execution. Yes, we'll need to pass more next week. That didn't matter this week. Props all around to the team for getting a win despite extremely difficult circumstances.

Maybe people are just enjoying the 2 game win streak, something that hasn't happened since we were 6-0 a couple of years ago and can save the analysis for a few hours instead of running to play the superfan card as quick as possible.

footstepsfrom#27
11-13-2011, 02:29 PM
I kept wondering throughout this game what Tebow might look like with Sean Payton calling the plays. McDaniels brought this guy in here, but I can't figure out why he's still here. Nobody can tell me Tebow should be throwing the ball 8 times in a game and half of them go deep...Fox is not exactly an offensive genius either but he ought to take over play calling duties because McCoy is clueless. Then again maybe he's under Fox's order's to run on 3rd and 9 who knows.

Tebow is 3-1 with a road win in Arrowhead while minus his top two RB's and McCoy speaking in his headset...that's a credit to both him and the defense.

BroncoInferno
11-13-2011, 02:29 PM
I'd like to us see run more high percentage pass plays like the Willis completion, just to get Tebow in a groove. 5 of the 8 passes were low percentage bombs.

Popps
11-13-2011, 02:40 PM
I'd like to us see run more high percentage pass plays like the Willis completion, just to get Tebow in a groove. 5 of the 8 passes were low percentage bombs.

Yea, I'm fairly sure we will. We'll have to next week. But, once again.. seems like McCoy has done a good job of designing a game-plan that kept us competitive this week. Next week is a much bigger challenge, imo. Should be interesting.

Br0nc0Buster
11-13-2011, 02:45 PM
McCoy needs to be fired

Our offense is a joke

I am glad we won, but our offense is predictable and boring

waz06
11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
As long as we keep winning Mccoy and Fox can do whatever they want

Just win baby

Popps
11-13-2011, 02:46 PM
McCoy needs to be fired

Our offense is a joke

Hilarious!

Br0nc0Buster
11-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Hilarious!

I doubt you will think its funny next week if we roll up in NY with the run run run offense

Its one thing to run this offense against crap teams like KC and Miami, or teams who lack discipline like Oakland

its another to do it against a good team

Glad we won, but still think our offense sucks

BroncoBeavis
11-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Mostly unrelated, but Boomer E. just said something to the effect that the Rams "need to resign Brandon Lloyd to ensure the development of their 'young QB'"

Thanks for the perspective, Boom.

Popps
11-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I doubt you will think its funny next week if we roll up in NY with the run run run offense

Yea, I heard the people panicking on the game-thread when we had a lead at halftime on the road. "WHAT ABOUT NEXT WEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!??!!"

I'll worry about that then. We just won another game. We haven't used the same exact game plan twice this year. So, your assertion that we'll do the exact same thing next week is premature and absurd.

It's about doing what works. Two teams couldn't stop us running the ball. When someone does, I assume they'll adjust.

snowspot66
11-13-2011, 03:28 PM
McCoy needs to be fired

Our offense is a joke

I'm skeptical about McCoy as well but come on dude. With the exception of a few QB runs up the middle on third and medium/long there was nothing predictable about that game plan.

When you run some 15 or 20 plays in a row there is no way you know whats coming next.

TheChamp24
11-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Way too many runs in situations where a pass would've benefited.
You gotta be able to connect passing the ball better than 2/8 if you want continued success.

BroncoBeavis
11-13-2011, 03:56 PM
Way too many runs in situations where a pass would've benefited.
You gotta be able to connect passing the ball better than 2/8 if you want continued success.
Almost 9 yards per passing attempt. Most QB's would kill for that :)

Br0nc0Buster
11-13-2011, 04:07 PM
I'm skeptical about McCoy as well but come on dude. With the exception of a few QB runs up the middle on third and medium/long there was nothing predictable about that game plan.

When you run some 15 or 20 plays in a row there is no way you know whats coming next.

we played not to lose, and most often teams that play that way lose

this worked against a bad team, I doubt it will against a good one

we had a three point lead and they were still just running it up the gut content to punt it away, I dont like that

well see if they open it up more, but just because we beat a couple bad teams does not mean this super conservative strategy is good

Br0nc0Buster
11-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Yea, I heard the people panicking on the game-thread when we had a lead at halftime on the road. "WHAT ABOUT NEXT WEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!??!!"

I'll worry about that then. We just won another game. We haven't used the same exact game plan twice this year. So, your assertion that we'll do the exact same thing next week is premature and absurd.

It's about doing what works. Two teams couldn't stop us running the ball. When someone does, I assume they'll adjust.

I stopped using the "win is a win" cliche when people kept saying that in 08 as our defense was getting torched every week early in the season. "well we won so its good enough"

Our gameplan has been overly conservative, and the Chiefs actually were doing a better job against the run in the 2nd half
We only scored 7 points in the second half, and the Chiefs D is not good
Our offense is good enough to beat the Chiefs sure, but that doesnt impress me

Again we didnt need to open it up today, but I would rather us attempt to score instead of playing all control and putting the pressure on our defense to stop them

Oakland, Miami, and KC are not quality wins
I am glad we won, but am still very skeptical this kind of offense can beat a good team

dont want to sound like a negative Nancy, but the team we just beat also went on a 4 game streak while beating bad teams

epicSocialism4tw
11-13-2011, 04:15 PM
McCoy > Haters

lod01
11-13-2011, 04:17 PM
So what's the problem? He's paired with the worst QB in Broncos history.

Durango
11-13-2011, 04:24 PM
I stopped using the "win is a win" cliche when people kept saying that in 08 as our defense was getting torched every week early in the season. "well we won so its good enough"

Our gameplan has been overly conservative, and the Chiefs actually were doing a better job against the run in the 2nd half
We only scored 7 points in the second half, and the Chiefs D is not good
Our offense is good enough to beat the Chiefs sure, but that doesnt impress me

Again we didnt need to open it up today, but I would rather us attempt to score instead of playing all control and putting the pressure on our defense to stop them

Oakland, Miami, and KC are not quality wins
I am glad we won, but am still very skeptical this kind of offense can beat a good team

dont want to sound like a negative Nancy, but the team we just beat also went on a 4 game streak while beating bad teams

All three of those you mentioned are victories ON THE ROAD. Road wins are quality wins even in a great year.

teknic
11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
we played not to lose, and most often teams that play that way lose

this worked against a bad team, I doubt it will against a good one

we had a three point lead and they were still just running it up the gut content to punt it away, I dont like that

well see if they open it up more, but just because we beat a couple bad teams does not mean this super conservative strategy is good

Lucky for us, the Jets are not a good team.

Our gameplan seemed to work fine against Oakland too, and they're a good team.

Archer81
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
A win is a win, isnt it. And with that win, we are within a half game of the AFC West lead.

My advice...**** the noise. Enjoy the season.