PDA

View Full Version : Mike McCoy is possibly the worst OC we've had in the history of the Denver Broncos

Pages : 1 [2]

RhymesayersDU
11-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Lucky for us, the Jets are not a good team.

Our gameplan seemed to work fine against Oakland too, and they're a good team.

The Jets aren't a good team, but the Raiders are? Hilarious.

lonestar
11-13-2011, 05:29 PM
Wow, no b****ing about the play-calling today? It was a ridiculous run to pass ratio. I mean, what was McCoy thinking? Where are the play-calling experts today?

Now the announcing crew today had to the the worst I've ever seen talk about biased.

Now the passes Tebow threw today that were near misses these morons were calling lousy passing.

For Gods sake they hit the recievers in the hands. what morale you walk ging for.

I saw one really stinking pass today the little out to the right. Where it skipped to the reciever. Beyond that IMO catchable balls.

Now they were whining about the passing game. If yiu donnot have to pass why should you?

I noted that they cooled there heels when he hit Decker for the TD.
Steve Tasker what a biased moron.

And did I detect an officials team that seemed to be overly protective of the chefs.

lonestar
11-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd like to us see run more high percentage pass plays like the Willis completion, just to get Tebow in a groove. 5 of the 8 passes were low percentage bombs.

Did you ever think they were thrown to open up the run game.

Now color me orange and blue but had they it deep they would have opened up the run game even more and since they did not the still had to respect the deep ball those STILL opening up the run game.

Br0nc0Buster
11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Lucky for us, the Jets are not a good team.

Our gameplan seemed to work fine against Oakland too, and they're a good team.

First of all the Jets are the better team
Second, the Raiders had like 15 penalties in that game

I am not trying to diminish that win, I think it was a very good win for our team, but the Raiders got smoked by the Chiefs the week before
They are an average team

Now that is still a big improvement for us, beating any team on the road
but I am still tempering my expectations

teknic
11-13-2011, 08:49 PM

I am not trying to diminish that win, I think it was a very good win for our team, but the Raiders got smoked by the Chiefs the week before
They are an average team

That's not biased at all....

Let's try some context. The Raiders just lost their starting QB for the year and had to play Boller and a guy who hadn't played in a year.

When I watch the Jets play (and I unfortunately get exclusively AFC East game coverage locally), I see a team that isn't all that talented. Sanchez is a scrub. He's a slightly more clutch version of Orton that can take hits and not go fetal position. Their run game is pretty decent, but their offensive line isn't good against the pass rush. Most of the talent on the team rests in the WR core, with a few pieces on the offensive line. Their defense is soft. Revis can shut down a side of the field, but the defense makes stupid mistakes and gives up big plays.

The Raiders have a dominant run game when McFadden is in there (Bush is no slouch either), and have a creative pass plays to get their speedy receivers and backs in mismatches and in space. Their quarterbacks are all pretty bad, although Palmer looks like he's an upgrade over Campbell, and their offensive line is a work in progress like the Broncos. Their defensive line is among the best in the league, but their pass defense took a serious hit when they lost Asomugah (my reaction when they kept Routt over Asomugah: :spit:). They're not a bad team defensively, but they over commit on plays often, probably how they were coached.

On a good day, without injuries, I'm taking the Raiders over the Jets.

lonestar
11-14-2011, 10:56 PM

They are an average team

the team that has been in the AFCCG for the past few years..

not a Good team AYE..

you were right on teh money, raiders beat themsleves with Penalties one of these days they will get a head coach who knows what it takes to win conssitently and get rid of the win first, bad boy mentality that davis played up all the time..

they have lead the league in penalties fro decades thinking that they are a better team for it..

hell they had more yards in penalties than rushing IIRC.

why would you give have of your offense up to be macho..

when Gruden was there IIRC they were disciplined and gues what went to the playoffs, then Davis TRADED his HC what a moron, the only guy that has won anything in decades . it was only fitting that they got their asses kicked by Gruden in the super bowl..

They have way more talent than we do and have depth.. but they play stupid..

bendog
11-15-2011, 01:50 PM
That is it.

These receivers are getting huge cushions, and you can't design a play to complete a pass for 10 yards? I see Decker/or whoever running free every time they hand off... a play action pass to the middle of field might be wise.

I'm almost positive every OC in the league can come up with a few plays that would be an easy completion for Tebow.

Especially with a running game like the Broncos?

You have to be a pretty ****ty OC to not be able to dial up successful passing plays with a running game like the Broncos right now.

bump

lonestar
12-14-2011, 05:23 PM
That is it.

These receivers are getting huge cushions, and you can't design a play to complete a pass for 10 yards? I see Decker/or whoever running free every time they hand off... a play action pass to the middle of field might be wise.

I'm almost positive every OC in the league can come up with a few plays that would be an easy completion for Tebow.

You have to be a pretty ****ty OC to not be able to dial up successful passing plays with a running game like the Broncos right now.

DO you still believe this?

TheChamp24
12-19-2011, 07:50 AM
I gotta bump this because I feel we were getting way too "cute" and "fancy" in this game with plays. The pass by Thomas that was a dud and trying too many option plays that is basically hoping on a defender to not play their responsibility, which caused the 2nd fumble by Tebow.

Dedhed
12-19-2011, 08:01 AM
I think both coordinators out thought themselves a little in this one. I didn't like the way Allen used Miller, I thought he was dropping into coverage too often.

I thought McCoy got cutesy for no reason at all. We were destroying them with straight hand offs and PA off of that. The reverse keep pass was just a waste, and momentum died shortly thereafter.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 08:03 AM
I think both coordinators out thought themselves a little in this one. I didn't like the way Allen used Miller, I thought he was dropping into coverage too often.

I thought McCoy got cutesy for no reason at all. We were destroying them with straight hand offs and PA off of that. The reverse keep pass was just a waste, and momentum died shortly thereafter.

exactly...we were punishing them with the run game. Didn't help that we had 3 fumbles in about 4 plays though

DrFate
12-19-2011, 08:04 AM
I gotta bump this because I feel we were getting way too "cute" and "fancy" in this game with plays. The pass by Thomas that was a dud and trying too many option plays that is basically hoping on a defender to not play their responsibility, which caused the 2nd fumble by Tebow.

I agree with this - the double reverse/pass or whatever that was was too cute, especially as successful as the run game was.

Dedhed
12-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Didn't help that we had 3 fumbles in about 4 plays though
True, but the 2nd fumble came on an option play, and I don't think we needed to complicate things even that much. We still had the lead at that point, and I think McCoy panicked.

long beach bronco
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
The three man rush was idiotic, I thought the plan was to put constant pressure on Brady. Why were they rushing only three guys at times was a head scatcher. We can hang wtih that team, we just can't give them gifts.

Broncbow
12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
This is not mcCoys offense this is John Foxes offense, McDaniels would never hire an ultra-conservative OC. The playcalling is so horrible because it is specifically designed to sabotage Tebows development, while simultaniously aiming to make him look ugly.

vancejohnson82
12-19-2011, 08:36 AM
This is not mcCoys offense this is John Foxes offense, McDaniels would never hire an ultra-conservative OC. The playcalling is so horrible because it is specifically designed to sabotage Tebows development, while simultaniously aiming to make him look ugly.

go away

SureShot
12-19-2011, 08:41 AM

Holy **** you are stupid. Please stfu.

jhns
12-19-2011, 08:42 AM
McDaniels wouldn't hire a guy that runs the Fox offense... So he hired McCoy, who had only worked in the NFL under Fox. Brilliant!

DENVERDUI55
01-14-2012, 04:57 PM
That is it.

He is so bad he is getting job interviews for HC gigs. Yeah he must suck because I know us fans have way more football knowledge than GM's and owners around the league.

Armchair Bronco
01-14-2012, 05:00 PM
Has anyone noticed how all the so-called "Media Experts" have been calling McCoy a genius since last week?

A guy calls for runs 23 out of 24 times on first down (for a 94.6% run rate) and suddenly he's a genius? Are you kidding me?

Keep in mind these are the same so-called "experts" who have been bashing Tebow relentlessly for 12 weeks.

fwf
01-14-2012, 07:54 PM
**** mccoy. he was feeling good about himself after last week and the jags interest. maybe he should have realized that our success last week came from etting lucky throwing deep. were not good enough right now to sustain drives. we should have been going long from the get. this guy blows for not recognizing that.

bendog
01-14-2012, 07:55 PM
It's clearly mccoy's fault teblew can't see open te and rbs underneath the deep coverage.

Popps
01-14-2012, 07:56 PM
It always amazes me how the mouth-breathers around here will look at Brady completing a first half NFL playoff record.... and the naturally proceed to blame our...........

offensive coordinator.

This place is nothing if not consistent.

broncobum6162
01-14-2012, 08:00 PM
It always amazes me how the mouth-breathers around here will look at Brady completing a first half NFL playoff record.... and the naturally proceed to blame our...........
Rs

offensive coordinator.

Both coordinators have sacked

Popps
01-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I'd have to watch the first half again. (Which I won't.) Clearly this wasn't Allen's best called game. But, he's been great this year. Looks to me more like a talent issue.

Nice of DJ Williams to pull his usual big game routine today. Missed assignments, and total invisibility.

We know Goodman is being replaced. We're missing Dawkins and he's got to be replaced.

I mean, we need more pieces. We all knew that.

bendog
01-14-2012, 08:03 PM
NE gives up underneath routes and Tebow can't see them. McCoy sucks for not making tebow throw more more. Truth is we're a college offense/qb playing an nfl TEAM

Houshyamama
01-14-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm done with Willis, cut him

bendog
01-14-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm done with Willis, cut him

And mays

Atwater 27
01-14-2012, 08:07 PM
the playcalling has been absolutely horrific today. Way to clam up the offense against the worst D in the league.

fwf
01-14-2012, 08:15 PM

offensive coordinator.

dude we set records last week for avg yds per completion. look at the last 3 games of the regular season.. our offense cant sustain drives running and throwing short passes. our scores came from throwing deep against pittsburgh. How could he not recognize that. Did the last 3 games of the season mean nothing? did he think that our offense suddenly had an Epiphany. someone has to go down for this!!! then who????

DENVERDUI55
01-14-2012, 08:18 PM
NE gives up underneath routes and Tebow can't see them. McCoy sucks for not making tebow throw more more. Truth is we're a college offense/qb playing an nfl TEAM

If anybody thinks we can win the big one with Tebow they are only lying to themselves. We need a legit QB and D D D D D D D DEfense.

bombay
01-14-2012, 08:21 PM
McCoy has had a sensational season. What a great coach.

fwf
01-14-2012, 08:22 PM
he just ran it on 3rd and 21 down 60 points!!! that right there should send him back to high school. **** youUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

fwf
01-14-2012, 08:23 PM

offensive coordinator.

yeah u

errand
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
he just ran it on 3rd and 21 down 60 points!!! that right there should send him back to high school. **** youUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah..because we evidently can't throw the ball effectively.....but what you expect when an opposing TE has more rushing yards than our QB has passing

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
There's no "possibly" about it unless you can think of another OC who ran on 1st down 99% of the time and refused to do anything to help a young developing QB in the passing game.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:27 PM
McCoy has had a sensational season. What a great coach.

Have you been lobotomized? Serious question.

Spider
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Well , Tebow has a way to go , I dont think dumping him now is the answer ......

MplsBronco
01-14-2012, 08:28 PM
Some perspective, we couldn't stop their TE, TE!!! playing as a RB. Totally schooled from the get go. How does that happen. How were we so ill prepared? Its disgusting.

errand
01-14-2012, 08:32 PM
Just heard the announcers say that Brady found the Broncos' ass...and handed it to them.

If you can't throw against the 31st ranked D when they are daring you to....well, let's just say we've got a long way to go

fwf
01-14-2012, 08:33 PM
why not throw on every down and kick onside kicks. seriously

fwf
01-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Yeah..because we evidently can't throw the ball effectively.....but what you expect when an opposing TE has more rushing yards than our QB has passing

tebow can surprisingly throw it deep just fine

ant1999e
01-14-2012, 08:35 PM
why not throw on every down and kick onside kicks. seriously

Yup, why are we still running.

BroncoBen
01-14-2012, 08:36 PM
Have people forgot..all season the Broncos ran the ball. Tonight the Pats didn't let it happen..they had an answer for the run.

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Just heard the announcers say that Brady found the Broncos' ass...and handed to them

Hey look Errand's back. Pats fans are happy.... Errand's happy.

What a great night.

Spider
01-14-2012, 08:37 PM
4 th sack for the Pats

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Our O-Line **** the bed tonight.

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Hey, McDumbass. Call a screen.

NFLBRONCO
01-14-2012, 08:41 PM

When you have nothing to scare anyone this is what happens

BroncoBeavis
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
When you have nothing to scare anyone this is what happens

It's not even a scheme thing on most of these plays. The D's just faster off ball than the O is.

Agamemnon
01-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Have people forgot..all season the Broncos ran the ball. Tonight the Pats didn't let it happen..they had an answer for the run.

And we kept running on every 1st down anyway...

errand
01-14-2012, 08:46 PM
tebow can surprisingly throw it deep just fine

So...the bus station is filled with guys that can do that....

Well we're only down by 32...a few turnovers and we might be able to pull this game out, huh?

BroncoBen
01-14-2012, 08:46 PM

Well this game at least in the 2nd half they were asked to pass block, something they didn't do for the most part all season.

BroncoBen
01-14-2012, 08:48 PM
And we kept running on every 1st down anyway...

Yup.. typical John Fox..

ColoradoDarin
01-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Down by 35 and we were running play action while the d is ignoring it and teeing off on Tebow. Yes the D can't handle anyone the Pats are running out there but this playcalling is pathetic (and I've been one to still think we should bring McCoy back prior to this game).

errand
01-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Hey look Errand's back. Pats fans are happy.... Errand's happy.

What a great night.

all my comments are an indictment of the entire team douchebag.... but glad to see you're still engaged in hero worship....i know you're butthurt that Tebow hasn't played well, but not every complaint is aimed towards him.

our offense may have sucked tonight, but our defense swallowed....too many negative yardage plays....and our secondary couldn't cover me....

Jetmeck
01-14-2012, 09:14 PM

Well we're only down by 32...a few turnovers and we might be able to pull this game out, huh?

Yeah **** you could probably play better than TT, right smartass ????

BroncoBen
01-14-2012, 09:21 PM
And last week McCoy was a good OC .. this week not so much.

errand
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah **** you could probably play better than TT, right smartass ????

I doubt it...but I will say that the broncos are just as likely to get pounded with me at QB as they are with him.

I've not said one bad thing about Tebow tonight....I've bitched about the team....not anyone player...just like I root for the team, not any one player

BroncoLover
01-14-2012, 09:39 PM
We played well for the talent we have on this roster, lets do better next year. They were a good team and we played worse to add to it.

lonestar
01-19-2012, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I'd have to watch the first half again. (Which I won't.) Clearly this wasn't Allen's best called game. But, he's been great this year. Looks to me more like a talent issue.

Nice of DJ Williams to pull his usual big game routine today. Missed assignments, and total invisibility.

We know Goodman is being replaced. We're missing Dawkins and he's got to be replaced.

I mean, we need more pieces. We all knew that.

I've said many times before..

Anyone expecting much out of this season with:

@ QB basically a rookie
@ OL consisting of one rookie, two second year, one 5 year and one 4 year guy
@ RB one retread, one that is always hurt, a rookie JJ and Ball
@ WR one coming off of an achilles detachment 8 months before, ANOTHER headcase, and a couple of two years guys
@ LB a rookie that played DE in college, the invisible man and 51 at MLB.
@ DT Bunkley (a total great surprise), MT who so far did not have a clue, a bunch of who the hell is that guys.
@ DE Doom coming off an injury and another long list of nobodies.
@ DB the oldest pair of CB in the league and two rookies..
a brand new coaching staff.
NO off season.
and a new remodeled FO staff.

Not to mention one of the worst fan-bases over the past few years..

WOW I'm pretty happy that we did as good as we did..

IIRC most on here were calling for Suck for Luck in about game 4..

Everyone said at the draft last year that Tebow would be a 2-4 year project. While he came a HUGE distance this past 10 games he still has a LONG way to go and God willing Elway will indeed spend much of the off season working with him to make him more productive in the pocket.

I suspect that Tebows Rib injury was a wake up call for him and he will be less likely to run the ball or not throw the ball away if he is about to be sacked for a loss.

His NFL savvy is starting this off season..

NOW we will need 2 maybe 3 more drafts where the rounds one-three guys are almost immediate starters or replacements for those that leave in FA.

We have almost zero depth and some spots we outright suck at MLB, at least one starting CB, no one behind Bunkley and jury is out on M Thomas, he might be outstanding if his last few games are an indicator..

But we need at least one more stud or semi stud at DT to get these guys rest or rotation, one more DE a WLB that shows up every game.. MAYBE new safeties but then we might have them on the team and they just need to grow into the spots..

TWO years from now I'll worry if it is not consistently good play..

TomServo
01-21-2012, 03:50 AM
we got to the div. playoff game with a qb that cant read pro defenses and got his ribs broke among other things....
So Much for 'he can run over anything the D can put up against him".

lonestar
01-21-2012, 06:46 PM
we got to the div. playoff game with a qb that cant read pro defenses and got his ribs broke among other things....
So Much for 'he can run over anything the D can put up against him".

pray tell who said that?

Gort
01-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Not to mention one of the worst fan-bases over the past few years..

that's absurd. sure, if you listen to the bitching and moaning on certain sites devoted to hardcore fans, it might seem that way. but it's nowhere near the truth. this fanbase is pretty supportive considering how awful things were between the end of the 2005 season and the middle of the 2011 season.

you want bad fanbases? look here:

NY Jets
Jacksonville
Miami

lonestar
01-21-2012, 07:02 PM
that's absurd. sure, if you listen to the b****ing and moaning on certain sites devoted to hardcore fans, it might seem that way. but it's nowhere near the truth. this fanbase is pretty supportive considering how awful things were between the end of the 2005 season and the middle of the 2011 season.

you want bad fanbases? look here:

NY Jets
Jacksonville
Miami

yep all of those whine and cheese crowds since mile high was torn down..

you know the ones that sell their tickets to the other teams fans or leave midway through the 3rd and 4th quarter..

Yep those are fans we need to call great..

wonder how long it has been since the JEts did not sell out?

as for JAX they should have never placed a team in that crap hole..

not enough income in the area to sell the stadium out.. IIRC it is a huge military base area with loads of transients .

MIA the predominant fan there is cuban or EX NYer and they play soccer in cuba..

This team has done nothing since Elway retired to stimulate the HOME field advantage.. I have heard forever that our fans are tired of seeing thousands of yellow towels in the stands not to mention jerseys from the other team ..

sorry but our fans are not what they used to be. do not kid yourself..

Maybe Tebow will help to bring some of that magic back we had in the old Mile High..

Gort
01-21-2012, 07:09 PM
yep all of those whine and cheese crowds since mile high was torn down..

you know the ones that sell their tickets to the other teams fans or leave midway through the 3rd and 4th quarter..

Yep those are fans we need to call great..

wonder how long it has been since the JEts did not sell out?

as for JAX they should have never placed a team in that crap hole..

not enough income in the area to sell the stadium out.. IIRC it is a huge military base area with loads of transients .

MIA the predominant fan there is cuban or EX NYer and they play soccer in cuba..

This team has done nothing since Elway retired to stimulate the HOME field advantage.. I have heard forever that our fans are tired of seeing thousands of yellow towels in the stands not to mention jerseys from the other team ..

sorry but our fans are not what they used to be. do not kid yourself..

Maybe Tebow will help to bring some of that magic back we had in the old Mile High..

since when is the wine and cheese crowd automatically bad fans? they pay $$$ for luxury boxes. i don't play "fan police" so i don't buy into your argument. i'd rather a stadium full of people who know how to behave in public than a bunch of drunk morons trying to relive their high school years by acting like "tough guys" harassing other fans or cursing next to little children. i don't blame people for leaving during blowouts like they did last year against Oakland. that performance was pathetic. they have every right to boo and to express their displeasure by leaving.

but Denver and the Rocky Mountain region really supports the team. it's the one thing the region has in common. there are alot of casual fans who've been following the team for 10, 20, 30, or more years. they may not go to many games or visit forums like this, but i see them all around here wearing Broncos sweats or hats year round.

this is a good fanbase that has been tolerating a lot more losing than we're used to. the Jets on the other hand have been to 1 superbowl 41 years ago, but act like they are expected to represent the AFC every year there. they go into full meltdown EVERY season when their team falls short. hell, they meltdown at the draft when the Jets don't draft who they think they should. those are idiot fans. by definition, idiot fans are bad fans. see Philly for example.

lonestar
01-21-2012, 10:45 PM
since when is the wine and cheese crowd automatically bad fans? they pay $$$ for luxury boxes. i don't play "fan police" so i don't buy into your argument. i'd rather a stadium full of people who know how to behave in public than a bunch of drunk morons trying to relive their high school years by acting like "tough guys" harassing other fans or cursing next to little children. i don't blame people for leaving during blowouts like they did last year against Oakland. that performance was pathetic. they have every right to boo and to express their displeasure by leaving.

but Denver and the Rocky Mountain region really supports the team. it's the one thing the region has in common. there are alot of casual fans who've been following the team for 10, 20, 30, or more years. they may not go to many games or visit forums like this, but i see them all around here wearing Broncos sweats or hats year round.

this is a good fanbase that has been tolerating a lot more losing than we're used to. the Jets on the other hand have been to 1 superbowl 41 years ago, but act like they are expected to represent the AFC every year there. they go into full meltdown EVERY season when their team falls short. hell, they meltdown at the draft when the Jets don't draft who they think they should. those are idiot fans. by definition, idiot fans are bad fans. see Philly for example.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I saw the first game played at Bears stadium in 1960 and had season tickets until I moved out of state in 1979 Only missed games when I was on active duty in the late 60's .

yes there were a few drunks back then, but they were quickly removed from the staduim. But my core of fans around me NEVER thought to sell their tickets to anyone that was not a die hard fan..

As far as leaving early I do have to admit I did that ONCE on a sub zero day with the wind in my face (south stander).. My snowmobile suit jsut could not handle the wind, I endured it till late in the 3rd quarter and even though we were losing, the almost frost bite would not allow me to stay any longer..

Most fans that day left early I was one of the last..

Taht is hardly the whine and cheese crowd of today or should say the past few years..

IMO IF they are just there for ****s and giggles and do not wish to root for teh team in good days as well as BAD days .. do not renew the tickets and allow some of the thousands that are on the waiting list to be real fans..

AND for Gods sake do not sell them to the oppossing fans to come and be a force in our home field..

But then That is how I feel.. not everyone has my background.. I still kick myslef in the ass daily for decidding not to pay for those tickets in 1980.. but then I was living in upstate NY with little if any chance of being posted back in DEN or nearby again..

bombay
01-21-2012, 11:52 PM
It appears that at least 3 teams whose job it is to hire the coaches they think give them the best chance to win games thought that McCoy may have been that guy. Many people in these organizations have guys whose own jobs rely on making the right hires.

On the other hand, a herd of ignorant yahoos bleat as loudly as possible that this same guy is the worst coach they've ever seen.

Gee, I wonder whose opinion is worthy of my consideration?

cmhargrove
01-22-2012, 08:39 AM
I missed a lot ad the discussion about the fan base, and obviously we are way off the McCoy topic however, the wine and cheese corporate level probably assures any NFL team the ability to remain financially competitive these days. Love or hate them, as a fan, you need to understand and appreciate that those fair weather corporate types pay much more of Champ Bailey's salary than I ever will.

It's a two edged sword.

My experience is that the stadium rocks pretty hard when our team is fighting hard. Let's fix the team first with another solid year, then maybe there will be fewer seats for sale on eBay.

Butterscotch Stallion
01-22-2012, 11:54 AM

maybe 6 nfl quarterbacks can throw deep well, sooooooo, once again you are just repeating what you read and not thinking for yourself.

Tebow is above average as a deep passer.

Sorry to ruin your hate parade ******.

TheReverend
01-22-2012, 11:58 AM
I missed a lot ad the discussion about the fan base, and obviously we are way off the McCoy topic however, the wine and cheese corporate level probably assures any NFL team the ability to remain financially competitive these days. Love or hate them, as a fan, you need to understand and appreciate that those fair weather corporate types pay much more of Champ Bailey's salary than I ever will.

It's a two edged sword.

My experience is that the stadium rocks pretty hard when our team is fighting hard. Let's fix the team first with another solid year, then maybe there will be fewer seats for sale on eBay.

The broadcast companies are the ones lifting the heavy weight with paying salaries.

lonestar
01-22-2012, 05:40 PM
The broadcast companies are the ones lifting the heavy weight with paying salaries.

The whine and cheese crowd helps pay the bills but in no way covers champs salary. The real money is the networks.

When I said the whine and cheese folks I was referring to the folks that bought the left over tickets that went unsold in the move from mile high. Loads of folks from out of state (non natives). Because the blue collar workers in Denver could no longer afford the PSLs as well as the much higher ticket prices.

The luxury boxes we. I do not consider most of those folks fans as much as
corporate write offs. Not many terrible towels waving from those seats.

TonyR
04-02-2012, 12:26 PM
...over some period of time the Broncos will try to identify and use every specific skill, route pattern, and approach to the entire game that Manning really likes - perhaps including listening to his beliefs on the running game and seeing if there are some plays that Denver could add to John Fox’s approach. But for right now, it’s up to Peyton to learn Denver’s approach. That’s how it ought to be, too. Then they’ll start the process of merging what they have to what he’s most comfortable doing, unlike what Minnesota went through in taking on a QB to start following the lockout-shortened offseason.

"We started on the fly trying to introduce everything with Donovan," Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier said of his team's experience with Donovan McNabb. "Which is hard. Having an offseason where the players and coaches will be around Peyton; they respect him right now because of what they've seen and heard. But when they work with him daily during the offseason, they're going to be, 'Wow. This guy is truly the leader of our team.'"

Mike McCoy is very shrewd at facilitating this kind of thing. He’s got a knack for putting people in the same room and from that experience, putting offenses together on the fly, just as he did with Adam Gase, Tim Tebow, and at times, John Fox. With six months to work on it, this one could end up being his masterpiece. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was the happiest guy in Dove Valley right now. Pat Bowlen’s beside himself, EFX and Manning himself are all pretty much smiling right now (the two TEs didn't hurt anything), and the entire defense just let a big breath out, but it might be Mike McCoy who gets the most out of this one.

That's an interesting karma for him, isn’t it? I’d leave his playcalling out for a second and look at how well and how quickly he managed to create the offenses last year. 2010 was brutal. Next, the 2011 season was an incredibly challenging experience for him, which he handled well. For 2011 he had designed a Coryell- and Erhardt-Perkins-influenced offense that reflected John Fox’s feelings on the run, and he implemented it in a shortened offseason - essentially, during a short training camp. Although Kyle Orton tanked, there were frequently open receivers and it looked like it would have worked with a functioning QB.

When the decision came down to put in Tim Tebow, McCoy and company had to create a totally new offense on the fly, and under him they had the guts to put in college tactics and rode them all the way to a playoff win. For all of their hard work during that time and in the followup to showing that they’re changing as a franchise, they’ve just landed the prize of the offseason and tossed in a wide receiver and two very good TEs to go with him. The veteran picks on defense were quiet by comparison. Free agency is not over, but the biggest fish in the pond landed smack next to the foot of the Rockies.

Now, McCoy’s reward is to get to merge Peyton Fracking Manning into designing his 2012 playbook (and yes, I watched all 4.5 seasons of the recent version of Battlestar Galactica and I thought it was brilliant. Science fiction’s been right about a lot of things over the decades). The more I study the strategies of developing an NFL offensive game plan as seen through the writings of the coaches that I’ve most admired over the years, including obtaining and studying several NFL playbooks from previous seasons, the better I like Mike McCoy. I’m also beginning to understand what he’s doing with his playcalling, and even that makes a lot more sense to me. As you’d expect from someone that John Fox wants around, he also seems like a nice fellow and it's always good to see a guy like that hit it big.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/monday-musings-4-2-12

lonestar
04-02-2012, 05:00 PM
It will be interesting to see how fast Manning picks up on our offense..

But frankly I'd scrap it and put in Manning's passing play book..

Only DT and Decker really understand last years..

The rest of the starters this coming year in the passing game can learn it fresh from Manning..

It can be taught little by little getting better at it each week.. By playoff time IF we are in them we should have the full play book down pat..

The most important guy in the O is the QB and IF he understands/knows it he can teach the rest of the guys..

If the QB is confused or thinking X when it is really O that comes in from the sideline then crap happens.

The OC calls the blocking plays for the Oline, if he and Manning are on the same page then that part of the passing game is OK..

Those two together will determine our fate this coming year..

MAnning can make adjustments on the fly better than any other QB in the history of the league..

If a WR/TE blows a route he simply goes to the next read..

eventually they are all on the same page..

Agamemnon
04-02-2012, 11:20 PM
It will be interesting to see how fast Manning picks up on our offense..

But frankly I'd scrap it and put in Manning's passing play book..

Only DT and Decker really understand last years..

The rest of the starters this coming year in the passing game can learn it fresh from Manning..

It can be taught little by little getting better at it each week.. By playoff time IF we are in them we should have the full play book down pat..

The most important guy in the O is the QB and IF he understands/knows it he can teach the rest of the guys..

If the QB is confused or thinking X when it is really O that comes in from the sideline then crap happens.

The OC calls the blocking plays for the Oline, if he and Manning are on the same page then that part of the passing game is OK..

Those two together will determine our fate this coming year..

MAnning can make adjustments on the fly better than any other QB in the history of the league..

If a WR/TE blows a route he simply goes to the next read..

eventually they are all on the same page..

Err...we are going to be running Manning's offense. Not McCoy's. This is well established. Not to say small things won't be changed, but the above article is utterly and completely wrong.

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 06:52 AM
I think it will be very interesting to see how our offense blends the power run game with Manning's no huddle, and his calls at the line. As I remember, Peyton Hillis looked his best against teams that were scared of Cutler and stayed in their Nickel defense (i'm thinking of the Jets game). In this type of system, McGahee could have another monster year, and we might really be able to eat more clock than people are predicting.

I'm excited, but I agree that McCoy's best asset is that he will step out of the way when necessary and not let his ego be a detriment.

Karenin
04-03-2012, 06:55 AM
McCoy's best and only asset is that he's essentially going to be a figurehead now with Manning running the offense.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 07:05 AM
I think it will be very interesting to see how our offense blends the power run game with Manning's no huddle, and his calls at the line. As I remember, Peyton Hillis looked his best against teams that were scared of Cutler and stayed in their Nickel defense (i'm thinking of the Jets game). In this type of system, McGahee could have another monster year, and we might really be able to eat more clock than people are predicting.

I'm excited, but I agree that McCoy's best asset is that he will step out of the way when necessary and not let his ego be a detriment.

Ahh, more dreaming about our below average running game melding with PM's history of below average running games and producing a rushing juggernaut love child.

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Ahh, more dreaming about our below average running game melding with PM's history of below average running games and producing a rushing juggernaut love child.

I know you must have an opinion on the success of our run game, it just doesn't match the facts. You may have a hypothesis about where our run game is headed, but if you think we didn't have one last year you are deluded.

No one used the word juggernaut except you. I imagine offensive success and balance. Clock control, scoring drives, third down conversions - these are the important things. Things will change for the better.

TonyR
04-03-2012, 07:12 AM
...the above article is utterly and completely wrong.

How so?

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 08:18 AM
I know you must have an opinion on the success of our run game, it just doesn't match the facts. You may have a hypothesis about where our run game is headed, but if you think we didn't have one last year you are deluded.

No one used the word juggernaut except you. I imagine offensive success and balance. Clock control, scoring drives, third down conversions - these are the important things. Things will change for the better.

Simple Math.

164 yards per game was 1st in the league. Subtract Tebow's 60 yards per game? 104 yards puts you somewhere around 23rd.

Otherwise known as the 2010 Denver Broncos.

And that's not even getting into how the rest of the rushing game opened up with the threat of Tebow running.

Zero indication this team can run the ball without Tebow. As was displayed during the first 4 games of the season when Tebow didn't play and we averaged 80 a game (which would be 32nd in the NFL)

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 08:24 AM
How so?

Manning basically told teams he wanted his system installed wherever he went. Denver was one of the teams that was ok with that, which was one of the deciding factors.

In other words, nobody cares what McCoy brings, because Peyton will be the defacto OC.

Also this article doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that last year was McCoy's first season ever really calling plays in the NFL, and that the sum total of his success as a 'real' offensive coordinator is tied up in whatever success Tebow had.

fontaine
04-03-2012, 08:43 AM
Manning basically told teams he wanted his system installed wherever he went. Denver was one of the teams that was ok with that, which was one of the deciding factors.

In other words, nobody cares what McCoy brings, because Peyton will be the defacto OC.

Also this article doesn't seem to be aware of the fact that last year was McCoy's first season ever really calling plays in the NFL, and that the sum total of his success as a 'real' offensive coordinator is tied up in whatever success Tebow had.

There's a difference in running an offense (calling/adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage) and implementing the offense.

Maybe that's where you're confused.

Or do you think Manning is going to go through drills, breaking down film, explaining defensive tendencies to the WRs/TEs/OL and RBs?

Or was it Tebow that designed, coached and drilled that deep pass to DT against the Steelers? Or maybe it was Tebow that implemented the same base WR set that essentially flipped sides from DT to Decker because Tebow could hardly even check down and throw to an open Willis/McGahee in the flat/across the middle (against the Vikings for example)?

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
There's a difference in running an offense (calling/adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage) and implementing the offense.

Or do you think Manning is going to go through drills, breaking down film, explaining defensive tendencies to the WRs/TEs/OL and RBs?\

Yes, all of the above.

fontaine
04-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by fontaine

Or do you think Manning is going to go through drills, breaking down film, explaining defensive tendencies to the WRs/TEs/OL and RBs?

Yes, all of the above.

Hilarious!

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Or was it Tebow that designed, coached and drilled that deep pass to DT against the Steelers? Or maybe it was Tebow that implemented the same base WR set that essentially flipped sides from DT to Decker because Tebow could hardly even check down and throw to an open Willis/McGahee in the flat/across the middle (against the Vikings for example)?

Tebow has nothing to do with it. We're talking about whether Peyton will teach Peyton's system to the Broncos or whether Mike McCoy will teach Peyton Manning's system to the Broncos.

I sure as hell hope McCoy isn't trying to both learn and teach Peyton's system at the same time.

TonyR
04-03-2012, 09:12 AM

Let me help you out...

John Elway talked about using Manning's verbiage to call his audibles at the line - which they want Manning to do. Josh McDaniels used to rave about how smart Kyle Orton was, and Orton did make a lot of good calls at the line. Manning is several dozen cuts above that level of ability. Not letting him call the audibles would be the mental equivalent of taping his left arm to his side when they sent him out on the field. Said Elway,

What I told Peyton is, what we do that's pretty much the same, it's yours. But you're probably going to have to learn what we've got.

That’s what Manning considers his first order of business. it’s why he’s living at Dove Valley. By the time the season rolls around, the Broncos, OC Mike McCoy and Manning will have decided exactly what parts of each system to integrate.

The calls at the line of scrimmage?

It will be all him. Manning's 10 fellow offensive starters also will have to do some studying.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20277634/peyton-manning-majoring-language-arts-while-learning-denver

bendog
04-03-2012, 09:13 AM
beavis and agamemnon ..... Tim's gone, please follow

Peyton's the best ever in seeing man or zone, and whether its 1, 2 or 3 deep. It's not rocket science, but it'll be interesting to see what keys they use. Frankly, I have no fracking idea what they were trying to do before they scrapped it to go with Tebow and the read option ... which didn't use qb reads.

What's interesting is that apparantly Manning doesn't utilize players in motion like we got used to with Shanahan. Below is the link to a couple of Manning's favorite plays. He can run the same play regardless of what defense is being used, and then post snap he reads the defense and there will be a weakness with either an underneath guy in the smash route OR some deep reciever is going to be one on one with the four deep pattern.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827ba7d3/article/extreme-makeover-peyton-mannings-impact-on-denvers-offense

It'll be interesting if the prediction of going to a zone blocking scheme proves true. I don't know that Fox ever embraced that. I'm not against it, or Fox, but I just don't know. Towards the end of Shanny's time, it wasn't getting the job done in the endzone, but then again the oline really fell apart too.

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Simple Math.

164 yards per game was 1st in the league. Subtract Tebow's 60 yards per game? 104 yards puts you somewhere around 23rd.

Otherwise known as the 2010 Denver Broncos.

And that's not even getting into how the rest of the rushing game opened up with the threat of Tebow running.

Zero indication this team can run the ball without Tebow. As was displayed during the first 4 games of the season when Tebow didn't play and we averaged 80 a game (which would be 32nd in the NFL)

Not simple math, simple thinking. Stop looking at what we were last year, look at what we can become - its not so hard.

I used a very precise example with Cutler's last year as a Bronco and Peyton Hillis' success running against Nickel defenses. The game is probably available for you to watch on the internet if you want to visualize. A significant passing game can help open the running game. When done properly, these two things work together for offensive synergy.

Do you wonder why we had so many three and outs last year? Do you wonder why we couldn't score a single touchdown against the fuggin Chiefs to seal our spot in the playoffs? It's called predictability and lack of balance.

I believe you are intelligent enough to see these things, so your responses just make you sound like a jilted lover. We aren't shooting for the top rushing offense, we are shooting for the top scoring offense (because points win games, not yards). I think that we will undoubtedly be better - you obviously think we won't. Time will tell (although I doubt you will ever admit it if the facts eventually prove you wrong).

Chris
04-03-2012, 11:16 AM

I was at that game. Freezing rain FTW!

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Not simple math, simple thinking. Stop looking at what we were last year, look at what we can become - its not so hard.

I used a very precise example with Cutler's last year as a Bronco and Peyton Hillis' success running against Nickel defenses. The game is probably available for you to watch on the internet if you want to visualize.

In other words, don't look at what we were last year. That means nothing. Look at what we were 4 years ago. That's the important thing. :)

*WARHORSE*
04-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Amazing football knowleeg to be found here.

Just amazing. We should take our knowleeg to Elway and help the brutha out.
^5

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Let me help you out...

John Elway talked about using Manning's verbiage to call his audibles at the line - which they want Manning to do. Josh McDaniels used to rave about how smart Kyle Orton was, and Orton did make a lot of good calls at the line. Manning is several dozen cuts above that level of ability. Not letting him call the audibles would be the mental equivalent of taping his left arm to his side when they sent him out on the field. Said Elway,

What I told Peyton is, what we do that's pretty much the same, it's yours. But you're probably going to have to learn what we've got.

That’s what Manning considers his first order of business. it’s why he’s living at Dove Valley. By the time the season rolls around, the Broncos, OC Mike McCoy and Manning will have decided exactly what parts of each system to integrate.

The calls at the line of scrimmage?

It will be all him. Manning's 10 fellow offensive starters also will have to do some studying.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20277634/peyton-manning-majoring-language-arts-while-learning-denver

It's a pipe dream to think PM is going to start analyzing defenses the way Kyle Orton did. PM has a system and he's going to stick with it. Maybe he'll adopt some different terminology to translate it to things players already know. But the McDaniels/McCoy way of doing things is now irrelevant. In Indy, PM ran the show on offense, which is why it imploded so spectacularly when he was out of the picture.

The idea that he's going to take gameplans from a guy whose claim to fame is 5 sad-sack Kyle Orton games and the Tebow era...interesting to say the least.

I might have a bridge for sale, in fact.

HAT
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Simple math.

The above statement couldn't be any more wrong.

If you throw out opening week where McGahee only had 4 carries.....

He averaged 5.2 YPC over the next 4 games that Orton started.

He averaged 5.0 YPC in the 10 games he played after Tebow became the starter.

Simple math indeed.

bendog
04-03-2012, 01:19 PM
It's a pipe dream to think PM is going to start analyzing defenses the way Kyle Orton did. PM has a system and he's going to stick with it. Maybe he'll adopt some different terminology to translate it to things players already know. But the McDaniels/McCoy way of doing things is now irrelevant. In Indy, PM ran the show on offense, which is why it imploded so spectacularly when he was out of the picture.

The idea that he's going to take gameplans from a guy whose claim to fame is 5 sad-sack Kyle Orton games and the Tebow era...interesting to say the least.

how about you try to find a "bridge" between offensive terminology and game plans. I know.... it's too much to expect of you.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 01:23 PM

If you throw out opening week where McGahee only had 3 carries.....

Simple math indeed.

Interesting, considering Willis only averaged 4.8 for the year. Something doesn't smell right. Are you just making those numbers up?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6359/gamelog

Besides, we've already been over it. Willis avg'd about a half yard more per carry with Tebow on the field. As soon as your numbers pass the sniff test, we can look at them again.

HAT
04-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Interesting, considering Willis only averaged 4.8 for the year. Something doesn't smell right. Are you just making those numbers up?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6359/gamelog

Besides, we've already been over it. Willis avg'd about a half yard more per carry with Tebow on the field. As soon as your numbers pass the sniff test, we can look at them again.

Nope....Got my numbers from the same place you linked.

Throwing out opening week where he only had 4 carries as I said in my original post.....

5.175 YPC before the bye
5.04 YPC after the bye

Maybe math isn't so simple for you?

At any rate....It's a complete and utter myth that McGahee was a better runner during Tebow's starts.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 01:33 PM
Nope....Got my numbers from the same place you linked.

Throwing out opening week where he only had 4 carries as I said in my original post.....

5.175 YPC before the bye
5.04 YPC after the bye.

249 rushes. 1199 yards. 4.8 ypc. Please tell me how a split between 5.175 and 5.04 can average 4.8. Inquiring minds and whatnot.

HAT
04-03-2012, 01:35 PM
249 rushes. 1199 yards. 4.8 ypc. Please tell me how a split between 5.175 and 5.04 can average 4.8. Inquiring minds and whatnot.

Apparently you struggle with reading as much as you do math......

jhns
04-03-2012, 01:39 PM

If you throw out opening week where McGahee only had 4 carries.....

Simple math indeed.

Why are you throwing out that first game? He was injured and had few snaps in multiple games with Tebow. Are you throwing those put as well?

Not that it matters. None of your numbers are even close to being right.

Without the SD game, he averaged 4.96 ypc with Tebow. Without the SD game included, he averaged 3.75 ypc with Orton. Even if you include the SD game with the Orton total, he only averaged 4.7 ypc(and this is even excluding the first game, it is 4.51 with it)...

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Apparently you struggle with reading as much as you do math......

Ok, let's do it the hard way.

Weeks 1-5. Willis had 384 on 85 attempts... 4.5 ypc.

Weeks 6-16. Willis had 815 yards in 164 attempts... 5ypc.

And that's giving the KO Broncos complete credit for the whole first SD game, even though Tim played the second half.

bombay
04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Here you go, teblowers. It is awesome that the Broncos managed to stick another team with the circus. It's great that he's gone.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Ok, let's do it the hard way.

Weeks 1-5. Willis had 384 on 85 attempts... 4.5 ypc.

Weeks 6-16. Willis had 815 yards in 164 attempts... 5ypc.

And that's giving the KO Broncos complete credit for the whole first SD game, even though Tim played the second half.

What does any of this have to do with the Bronco's running game that will be running against a lot of nickle defenses?

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 02:16 PM
McCoy's best and only asset is that he's essentially going to be a figurehead now with Manning running the offense.

Yeah he is so horrible he was getting HC interviews because the teams in the league felt bad for him.

bendog
04-03-2012, 02:26 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Here you go, teblowers. It is awesome that the Broncos managed to stick another team with the circus. It's great that he's gone.

OMG. I almost feel sorry for them, but they are Jests fans.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 02:28 PM
What does any of this have to do with the Bronco's running game that will be running against a lot of nickle defenses?

Teams like the Pats and Steelers have the best success against Peyton in their base 3-4. He won't be seeing a lot of nickel.

And if we're listening to McCoy, he's allergic to spreading the field out, unless he's down 2 scores midway through the 4th. :)

bendog
04-03-2012, 02:31 PM
is it just me or is his avatar simply perfect?

I mean, no one becomes a fan in the fall of 2011 unless he's addicted to tebow, and beavis admits as such, but could he be a parody?

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 02:32 PM
In other words, don't look at what we were last year. That means nothing. Look at what we were 4 years ago. That's the important thing. :)

I see we need to slow this down for you.

Four years ago under Cutler, we had a balanced offense which was able to take advantage of a decent run game and above average passing atack. We moved the ball extremely well, but had difficulties in the red zone. Manning will make us a pass heavy team. If you don't understand what Manning brings to the table, well, maybe you're just not very bright.

Manning will be a first ballot hall of famer because of his ability to absolutely shred opposing defenses by doing three main things: 1) adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage to counteract the defense, 2) Making quick, excellent reads on proper targets, and 3) delivering extremely accurate passes into tight windows and giving his receivers a chance to succeed.

It will look much more like our pass-happy Cutler offense than last year's Tebow offense (which tanked at the end of the year with the playoffs on the line). You seem to forget that we backed into the playoffs last year. In the final week of the season, the Chargers were responsible for us winning the AFC West title. We couldn't even score a TD against the Chiefs...

McDman
04-03-2012, 02:35 PM
To think McCoy was terrible shows you didn't actually watch. He managed to make a way below average QB look competant. If he had stuck with his system he was using with Orton Tebow would have been cut by now.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Teams like the Pats and Steelers have the best success against Peyton in their base 3-4. He won't be seeing a lot of nickel.

And if we're listening to McCoy, he's allergic to spreading the field out, unless he's down 2 scores midway through the 4th. :)

You mean the Steelers that have only ever beat Manning once? You obviously haven't watched Pats play Manning they play 4 down line men and don't blitz with Nickle D behind them.

jhns
04-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Yeah he is so horrible he was getting HC interviews because the teams in the league felt bad for him.

He had one interview and zero job offers. That sure proves something... You do realize McDaniels had multiple interviews and even got a job, right? You have come up with a pretty retarded theory.

jhns
04-03-2012, 02:44 PM
To think McCoy was terrible shows you didn't actually watch. He managed to make a way below average QB look competant. If he had stuck with his system he was using with Orton Tebow would have been cut by now.

Yeah right. If he looked competent, why have you continually cried about him? McCoy has not coached a top half of the league offense. He is the best!

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Four years ago under Cutler, we had a balanced offense which was able to take advantage of a decent run game and above average passing atack. We moved the ball extremely well, but had difficulties in the red zone. Manning will make us a pass heavy team. If you don't understand what Manning brings to the table, well, maybe you're just not very bright.

Manning will be a first ballot hall of famer because of his ability to absolutely shred opposing defenses by doing three main things: 1) adjusting plays at the line of scrimmage to counteract the defense, 2) Making quick, excellent reads on proper targets, and 3) delivering extremely accurate passes into tight windows and giving his receivers a chance to succeed.

What does any of that have to do with whether a team that couldn't run the ball without Tebow will be able to run it under a guy whose team was bottom-5 in yards per carry his last several years.

I keep hearing how Manning makes running games work. That belief appears to be mostly faith-based because there is no evidence.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 02:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/8441/a-look-at-manning-vs-3-4-base-defenses

Just because your base D is 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't mean they didn't play nickle against manning. You know this though. Your post was so retarded you erased it I see.

McDman
04-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Yeah right. If he looked competent, why have you continually cried about him? McCoy has not coached a top half of the league offense. He is the best!

Because I don't want a QB that needs a HS offense to look average on his best day.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 02:55 PM
He had one interview and zero job offers. That sure proves something... You do realize McDaniels had multiple interviews and even got a job, right? You have come up with a pretty retarded theory.

If he was awful he would get zero interviews. I should listen to you though you know a lot more than NFL executives.

jhns
04-03-2012, 02:57 PM
Because I don't want a QB that needs a HS offense to look average on his best day.

As if any QB in this oeague would have done better in those circumstances. He didn't look that bad throwing the year before. We didn't change the offense then. He didn't look horrible with that offense as he almost came back against the dolts... They give up all starting receiver options, have no offseason, start Orton, and you expect what from Tebow?

Taking one of the worst teams in the league to a playoff win was sure terrible.

jhns
04-03-2012, 02:58 PM
If he was awful he would get zero interviews. I should listen to you though you know a lot more than NFL executives.

So you think McDaniels is really good? Yup, you are an idiot.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Just because your base D is 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't mean they didn't play nickle against manning. You know this though. Your post was so retarded you erased it I see.

Yeah, I was going to change it because there's a better article... you'll see it here in a bit.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
So you think McDaniels is really good? Yup, you are an idiot.

I never said anything about him but as a HC no but an assistant yes. I'm sure you said belichick was awful after Cleveland debacle too. Call me an idiot the standard response from you. You call everyone that but there is only one constant in the equation. Go figure.

bendog
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
Yeah, I was going to change it because there's a better article... you'll see it here in a bit.

TOO FUNNY, YOU GOT A GREAT ACT KID

In 2007 they started playing Manning in a nickel 4-2-5 for the entire game as their base. The 3-4 had to share its time now; it couldn't be center stage anymore, as the glitzy offenses forced the change in concept.

http://www.60maxpowero.com/patriots/content/belichick-defense

i STILL THINK YOU ARE TACO, THOUGH

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM

Yeah explain how he has 8 straight wins against Baltimore and what kind of D they run.

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I never said anything about him but as a HC no but an assistant yes. I'm sure you said belichick was awful after Cleveland debacle too. Call me an idiot the standard response from you. You call everyone that but there is only one constant in the equation. Go figure.

Yeah, and he did so well as a coordinator. Just ask our bottom half offenses. Maybe ask the **** offense he ran with the Rams... Of course, it took a real coordinating genius to make Brady, Moss, Welker, etc... work.

Again, you are an idiot.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, and he did so well as a coordinator. Just ask our bottom half offenses. Maybe ask the **** offense he ran with the Rams... Of course, it took a real coordinating genius to make Brady, Moss, Welker, etc... work.

Again, you are an idiot.

Coaches are only as good as their players. You know your stuff so well you should be getting a NFL gig soon right?

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Coaches are only as good as their players. You know your stuff so well you should be getting a NFL gig soon right?

Why would I want an NFL job? They have to do actual work.

Everyone that has ever gotten a single interview = good at what they do!

That is easily the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. I have seen many coaches make players look better, and not need top players for top offenses. We had one for a long time...

2KBack
04-03-2012, 03:18 PM

It will look much more like our pass-happy Cutler offense than last year's Tebow offense (which tanked at the end of the year with the playoffs on the line). You seem to forget that we backed into the playoffs last year. In the final week of the season, the Chargers were responsible for us winning the AFC West title. We couldn't even score a TD against the Chiefs...

I agree....though I wouldn't call the 2008 team balanced. They passed the ball 620 times while running it 387

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Why would I want an NFL job? They have to do actual work.

Everyone that has ever gotten a single interview = good at what they do!

That is easily the dumbest thing I have read in a long time. I have seen many coaches make players look better, and not need top players for top offenses. We had one for a long time...

Yeah who has won a Superbowl without a top QB in the past 30 years that didn't have an alltime great D? Players make coaches. You can only scheme so much til lack of talent catches up to you.

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah who has won a Superbowl without a top QB in the past 30 years that didn't have an alltime great D? Players make coaches. You can only scheme so much til lack of talent catches up to you.

You clearly don't know **** about the NFL. Also. What in the hell does your first sentence have to do with anything? So Shanahan and Kubiak didn't actually make guys like Lelie and Plummer look much better? They had top offenses every year. They never had the top talent. McDaniels has run complete **** offenses since leaving the Pats. McCoy has run complete **** offenses his entire career.

Players can make coaches. Coaches can make players. This is pretty basic stuff.

Again, you jist love proving what a moron you are.

McDman
04-03-2012, 03:30 PM
As if any QB in this oeague would have done better in those circumstances. He didn't look that bad throwing the year before. We didn't change the offense then. He didn't look horrible with that offense as he almost came back against the dolts... They give up all starting receiver options, have no offseason, start Orton, and you expect what from Tebow?

No QB in this league besides Tim has to use a HS offense. We wouldn't had to have run it had we had anyone else.

Stop putting the playoffs only on the QB as well. Our defense and running game along with a massive amount of luck had a big part in that.

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:37 PM
No QB in this league besides Tim has to use a HS offense. We wouldn't had to have run it had we had anyone else.

Stop putting the playoffs only on the QB as well. Our defense and running game along with a massive amount of luck had a big part in that.

Playoffs don't happen without Tebow, but don't give him credit!

Tebow didn't need to either. He didn't the year before. He didn't in the Chargers or Dolphins games. They just paniced after the Lions game. It was pretty clear this entire team couldn't hang with the top teams as it didn't stop us from getting blown out when playing them later. That high school offense was just another terrible decision by the FO. The only thing it was doing was making sure Tebow wouldn't develop. It was almost as poor of a decision as starting Orton. It is funny that you actually think they know what they are doing on that side of the ball. This is the reason Manning is such a blessing for this team. He will save the FO from f'king themselves on that side of the ball.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Yeah explain how he has 8 straight wins against Baltimore and what kind of D they run.

Guessing that has more to do with the Ravens not scoring. Hard to beat the Colts scoring 3 or 6 or 7 points. But their defense has done pretty well against Peyton on more than one occasion.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/1178/manning-s-playoff-record-vs-3-4-defenses-not-good

Here's a comparison of Manning's playoff games vs 4-3 and 3-4 defenses. It is a couple years old.

baja
04-03-2012, 03:42 PM
You clearly don't know **** about the NFL. Also. What in the hell does your first sentence have to do with anything? So Shanahan and Kubiak didn't actually make guys like Lelie and Plummer look much better? They had top offenses every year. They never had the top talent. McDaniels has run complete **** offenses since leaving the Pats. McCoy has run complete **** offenses his entire career.

All day, every day most posts on all threads have the flavor of the above.

Why is that?

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:44 PM
All day, every day most posts on all threads have the flavor of the above.

Why is that?

It is needed.

baja
04-03-2012, 03:46 PM
It is needed.

It wasn't needed for the first 7 years, why now.

jhns
04-03-2012, 03:47 PM
It wasn't needed for the first 7 years, why now.

It was just like that when I joined. You are a liar.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 03:57 PM

Uh and how did those seasons work out in the end? Getting waxed by a team a lot more talented in playoffs or choking down the stretch to miss playoffs. You can scheme and trick through first third of year but by last third and playoffs its all about the talent winning out and out executing other team. Go ahead keep telling yourself how smart you are.

DENVERDUI55
04-03-2012, 04:00 PM
It was just like that when I joined. You are a liar.

When that is the case there is only one constant variable.

gunns
04-03-2012, 04:09 PM

True about Kubiak. Once he left, the Broncos offense began to tank. No more top offense.

gunns
04-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Playoffs don't happen without Tebow, but don't give him credit!

Tebow didn't need to either. He didn't the year before. He didn't in the Chargers or Dolphins games. They just paniced after the Lions game. It was pretty clear this entire team couldn't hang with the top teams as it didn't stop us from getting blown out when playing them later. That high school offense was just another terrible decision by the FO. The only thing it was doing was making sure Tebow wouldn't develop. It was almost as poor of a decision as starting Orton. It is funny that you actually think they know what they are doing on that side of the ball. This is the reason Manning is such a blessing for this team. He will save the FO from f'king themselves on that side of the ball.

If the defense did not hold the opponent to a low score, Tebow does not have a chance to run it in. Except for the Minnesota game when Miller was out, but the defense definitely did their part in that victory. Tebow was a contributor, as were the rest of the guys.

cmhargrove
04-03-2012, 04:59 PM
What does any of that have to do with whether a team that couldn't run the ball without Tebow will be able to run it under a guy whose team was bottom-5 in yards per carry his last several years.

I keep hearing how Manning makes running games work. That belief appears to be mostly faith-based because there is no evidence.

You're not even asking the right questions, so it's improbable you will get the right answers. You keep talking about rushing offense. Just throw it out, forget it, it's done. We aren't shooting for the top rushing offense this year.

Scoring.

Winning (not the Charlie Sheen kind).

Tebow is a significant player, and a tremendous weapon on the right offense. However, if you tell me he is a better player than Manning (even right now in his injured state), you are once again delusional. I wish the world could see Tebow on a team that fully embraced him and built around him, but that was never going to happen in Denver. It also doesn't look like it will happen at the Jets. So, it will be his job to see if he can make it as a traditional QB, or he will always be viewed (and played) as a gimmick guy. That's just the truth, even if you haven't accepted it yet.

The world may never see Tebow reach his full potential in the NFL. However, we have a guy that was, is, and ever will be a better QB. Hopefully, we can keep him healthy for 3-4 years.

TonyR
04-03-2012, 05:23 PM

He was so great that when the Broncos decided to get rid of him teams lined up and offered major compensation to acquire him......er, wait, that's not what happened. I guess people who actually understand player personnel had a slightly differing opinion than you, jhns.

TonyR
04-03-2012, 05:37 PM

This isn't about Kyle Orton, you're completely misunderstanding the point. This is about what Elway said, which is that Manning needs to learn McCoy's offense. Then they're going to merge/tweak the offense with some of Manning's terminology and ability to call plays at the line based on reads and situations. So it sounds like it's going to be McCoy's offense and Manning will run it his way.

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 10:27 PM
You're not even asking the right questions, so it's improbable you will get the right answers. You keep talking about rushing offense. Just throw it out, forget it, it's done. We aren't shooting for the top rushing offense this year.

I think it will be very interesting to see how our offense blends the power run game with Manning's no huddle, and his calls at the line. As I remember, Peyton Hillis looked his best against teams that were scared of Cutler and stayed in their Nickel defense (i'm thinking of the Jets game). In this type of system, McGahee could have another monster year, and we might really be able to eat more clock than people are predicting..

???

BroncoBeavis
04-03-2012, 10:39 PM
This isn't about Kyle Orton, you're completely misunderstanding the point. This is about what Elway said, which is that Manning needs to learn McCoy's offense. Then they're going to merge/tweak the offense with some of Manning's terminology and ability to call plays at the line based on reads and situations. So it sounds like it's going to be McCoy's offense and Manning will run it his way.

It's all out-the-ass speculation at this point, since they can't even really talk to each other about any of it.

But I'm not even sure how McCoy has his own 'system' considering he was teaching from McDaniels' playbook through most of his time in Denver, until Tebow time (which is irrelevant for Manning)

Without Tebow on the field, McCoy's called 5 NFL games. Would you want Peyton Manning running that "system" even if it existed?

BroncoBuff
04-04-2012, 01:47 AM
Fill in the HALL-of-SHAME blanks:

HC:
OC: Mike McCoy
DC: Bob Slowick
GM:

cmhargrove
04-04-2012, 07:03 AM
???

I'm not going to say you are retarded, because I think even retarded people could follow this conversation easier. You like to stir the pot, I get it.

Words like balance, and synergy don't compute for you, that's fine. Just watch this year's offense develop and I think you will eventually "get it." TT is gone, our O-line has a year of power running experience under their belt, and now we have Manning. This sets up for a nice "blend" or "balance" of proficiencies. Just read the posts and try to add something constructive.

jhns
04-04-2012, 07:20 AM
Uh and how did those seasons work out in the end? Getting waxed by a team a lot more talented in playoffs or choking down the stretch to miss playoffs. You can scheme and trick through first third of year but by last third and playoffs its all about the talent winning out and out executing other team. Go ahead keep telling yourself how smart you are.

You are going on about nothing. The argument is that good coordinators can make mediocre players produce. McDaniels doesn't do this as you claim he is a really good coordinator. Winning SBs is a team thing. It says nothing about a coordinator on one side of the ball.

You are an idiot.

jhns
04-04-2012, 07:22 AM
He was so great that when the Broncos decided to get rid of him teams lined up and offered major compensation to acquire him......er, wait, that's not what happened. I guess people who actually understand player personnel had a slightly differing opinion than you, jhns.

Then Cutler is one of the best ever. Good logic...

Multiple teams wanted Tebow. You are a clown.

jhns
04-04-2012, 07:25 AM
If the defense did not hold the opponent to a low score, Tebow does not have a chance to run it in. Except for the Minnesota game when Miller was out, but the defense definitely did their part in that victory. Tebow was a contributor, as were the rest of the guys.

The defense did play great in many of those games. I'm not taking amything away from them. It is just a fact that the Broncos had no other option at QB that could have won the division and a playoff game. Tebow was a huge part of the wins, even though the team continually tried stacking the odds against him. I really don't understand the hate and crying that follows his name here.

DENVERDUI55
04-04-2012, 07:49 AM
You are going on about nothing. The argument is that good coordinators can make mediocre players produce. McDaniels doesn't do this as you claim he is a really good coordinator. Winning SBs is a team thing. It says nothing about a coordinator on one side of the ball.

You are an idiot.

I'm not claiming he is a really good coordinator. You asked if I thought he was a good coach. I think he is a good x and o guy and so does this best coach in the league. It's possible to be good at one and not the other. He was garbage at talent picking but so was shanny. Your a legend in your own mind.

jhns
04-04-2012, 07:51 AM
I'm not claiming he is a really good coordinator. You asked if I thought he was a good coach. I think he is a good x and o guy and so does this best coach in the league. It's possible to be good at one and not the other. He was garbage at talent picking but so was shanny. Your a legend in your own mind.

Way to continually prove my point...

You claimed that he has to be a good coordinator because he got interviews for coaching jobs, and even landed one. You claimed every coordinator has to be good if they ever get an interview. McDaniels is prpof that your theory is retarded. You can't even keep up with your own argument because it is that stupid...

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm not going to say you are retarded, because I think even retarded people could follow this conversation easier. You like to stir the pot, I get it.

Words like balance, and synergy don't compute for you, that's fine. Just watch this year's offense develop and I think you will eventually "get it." TT is gone, our O-line has a year of power running experience under their belt, and now we have Manning. This sets up for a nice "blend" or "balance" of proficiencies. Just read the posts and try to add something constructive.

I could fire back and call you a retard myself, because there's obviously an inherent conflict in your two statements. But none of it matters. Truth of the matter is, neither Manning in his recent years, nor the Denver Broncos in their recent years have shown anything resembling balance.

Sans Tebow, the Broncos were pass heavy. Manning's been pass heavy for at least the last 8 years. Tebow established a running game, but not balance. I understand that. But don't bring more unbalanced players to the table and start talking about how balanced they're going to be. It just doesn't smell right.

DENVERDUI55
04-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Way to continually prove my point...

You claimed that he has to be a good coordinator because he got interviews for coaching jobs, and even landed one. You claimed every coordinator has to be good if they ever get an interview. McDaniels is prpof that your theory is retarded. You can't even keep up with your own argument because it is that stupid...

No my argument is players make coaches. There isn't a coach in the league that can win or look great with garbage talent. Yes guys wouldn't get interviews for hc gigs if they were garbage. I never veered from that argument. You are the village dip sh@t everyone hates on here.

TheChamp24
04-04-2012, 08:43 AM
I want to know who these people are that thought we had an awesome run game with Cutler in 2008.

jhns
04-04-2012, 08:46 AM
No my argument is players make coaches. There isn't a coach in the league that can win or look great with garbage talent. Yes guys wouldn't get interviews for hc gigs if they were garbage. I never veered from that argument. You are the village dip sh@t everyone hates on here.

If players make coaches, why do they have coaches? McDaniels is garbage. He got an interview and a job. You are retarded.

Why are you talking about winning? We are talking about individual coordinators. We aren't discussing entire teams. Good coordinators don't need top talent to get production from their unit. We saw it here for many years. You continue to prove that you are an idiot.

jhns
04-04-2012, 08:47 AM
I want to know who these people are that thought we had an awesome run game with Cutler in 2008.

I haven't been in that argument but it was pretty good considering the injuries.

cmhargrove
04-04-2012, 09:14 AM
I could fire back and call you a retard myself, because there's obviously an inherent conflict in your two statements. But none of it matters. Truth of the matter is, neither Manning in his recent years, nor the Denver Broncos in their recent years have shown anything resembling balance.

Sans Tebow, the Broncos were pass heavy. Manning's been pass heavy for at least the last 8 years. Tebow established a running game, but not balance. I understand that. But don't bring more unbalanced players to the table and start talking about how balanced they're going to be. It just doesn't smell right.

I retract my retard comment, i'll try not to be douchey, but you are failing to grasp the initial coment.

You keep looking at one history, then the other, and I began my posts talking about merging the two. Look back and you will see that my opinion is - our new offense will be a very interesting "blending." Whatever our failures last year, Magazu taught our O-line how to establish a power running presence. Most of those yards were gained by McGahee on the blocks of our existing O-line. While we certainly won't be the number one rushing team this year, we have the tools to now punch it in when it counts. I like where this offense is going as long as all the pieces stay healthy. If McGahee ramains healthy, he could still have 900-1,000 yards rushing this year.

So the point is, you are being myopic about what is possible. It's McCoy's job to blend the two styles (which can easily be done) to create an offense that can run, pass, chew up clock, convert third downs, and power the ball into the end zone when it counts. Just look at the positives from both systems and you can see the potential is used correctly.

TonyR
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Multiple teams wanted Tebow. You are a clown.

LOL If by "multiple" you mean "two" then yes. And they wanted him so badly they came to the table with a 4th round pick. Because that's the going rate for franchise QB's these days, apparently. And in your world I'm the clown. Too funny, jhns.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 09:34 AM
I retract my retard comment, i'll try not to be douchey, but you are failing to grasp the initial coment.

You keep looking at one history, then the other, and I began my posts talking about merging the two. Look back and you will see that my opinion is - our new offense will be a very interesting "blending." Whatever our failures last year, Magazu taught our O-line how to establish a power running presence. Most of those yards were gained by McGahee on the blocks of our existing O-line. While we certainly won't be the number one rushing team this year, we have the tools to now punch it in when it counts. I like where this offense is going as long as all the pieces stay healthy. If McGahee ramains healthy, he could still have 900-1,000 yards rushing this year.

So the point is, you are being myopic about what is possible. It's McCoy's job to blend the two styles (which can easily be done) to create an offense that can run, pass, chew up clock, convert third downs, and power the ball into the end zone when it counts. Just look at the positives from both systems and you can see the potential is used correctly.

I guess it comes down to whether you give more credit to Tebow or the O-Line more for the run game. I don't think the run is anything special without Tebow on the field. You think something about the O-Line itself improved.

Only time will tell. I just think it's an odd coincidence that one guy steps on the field and suddenly the O-Line learns how to run block (while still struggling with pass protection)

maher_tyler
04-04-2012, 09:40 AM

It's a combination of both. Look at Harbough in SF and what he did with Alex Smith. There are teams that could be better if they had better coaching. Our D with Slowick was always going to suck, even with good players.

jhns
04-04-2012, 10:13 AM
LOL If by "multiple" you mean "two" then yes. And they wanted him so badly they came to the table with a 4th round pick. Because that's the going rate for franchise QB's these days, apparently. And in your world I'm the clown. Too funny, jhns.

There were more than two teams. Again, Cutler is the best QB to ever play the game. Great logic dumbass.

cmhargrove
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I guess it comes down to whether you give more credit to Tebow or the O-Line more for the run game. I don't think the run is anything special without Tebow on the field. You think something about the O-Line itself improved.

Only time will tell. I just think it's an odd coincidence that one guy steps on the field and suddenly the O-Line learns how to run block (while still struggling with pass protection)

The run game became our solitary focus when Tebow stepped on the field. It is absolutely crystal clear if you re-watch the games that they never intended to "set Tebow loose" in the passing game. There were 3 games with 15 or fewer pass attempts, and he averaged around 22 attempts per game. That means, it wasn't a part of the gamplan. The focus was on running, everything else be damned. I think that if almost any team in the league focused this wholheartedly on the run, they would be the top rushing offense. But, the goal is to win a championship, not a rushing title.

I do believe that Tebow had a positive impact on our team, but a true "dual threat" gameplan will give us a chance to beat teams like the Patriots, and allow us to average closer to 30 points a game, rather than 20.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 11:09 AM
The run game became our solitary focus when Tebow stepped on the field. It is absolutely crystal clear if you re-watch the games that they never intended to "set Tebow loose" in the passing game. There were 3 games with 15 or fewer pass attempts, and he averaged around 22 attempts per game. That means, it wasn't a part of the gamplan. The focus was on running, everything else be damned. I think that if almost any team in the league focused this wholheartedly on the run, they would be the top rushing offense. But, the goal is to win a championship, not a rushing title.

I do believe that Tebow had a positive impact on our team, but a true "dual threat" gameplan will give us a chance to beat teams like the Patriots, and allow us to average closer to 30 points a game, rather than 20.

Better chance... sure. But as I've said 199 times, a 'better' chance doesn't make a 'good' chance. Which is all it comes down to when leaning the whole team up against an injured 36 year old.

As far as balance goes, you're preaching to the choir. Many of us were furious all season with McCoy's lack of it in playcalling and gameplan. There's no going back now, but needless to say, I haven't seen anything from Mike McCoy that would make me want Peyton Manning deferring to his judgement. We released the Manning... now we'd better ride that for all it's worth.

DENVERDUI55
04-04-2012, 01:16 PM
If players make coaches, why do they have coaches? McDaniels is garbage. He got an interview and a job. You are retarded.

Why are you talking about winning? We are talking about individual coordinators. We aren't discussing entire teams. Good coordinators don't need top talent to get production from their unit. We saw it here for many years. You continue to prove that you are an idiot.

Yeah there are so many coaches that can win without talent. We will see what McCoy can do now since he doesn't have junk to work with. I seem to think he is pretty good to scrap a normal offense and design one for the fullback we had playing last year and get production.

BroncoBeavis
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Yeah there are so many coaches that can win without talent. We will see what McCoy can do now since he doesn't have junk to work with. I seem to think he is pretty good to scrap a normal offense and design one for the fullback we had playing last year and get production.

Why not credit the equipment manager? He'll have as much to do with any success as McCoy.

jhns
04-04-2012, 02:26 PM

What does winning have to do with a single coordinator? Shanahan and Kubiak won a lot of games with very average talent. You clearly are new to being a Bronco fan.

You are also far too stupud for this conversation. You have yet to say something that actually makes sense.

TonyR
04-05-2012, 09:39 AM
The Broncos will create a playbook that Manning is comfortable running. Manning says, "I'm not going to be the offensive coordinator," but his fingerprints on the playbook will be unmistakable.

When he starred for the Colts, Manning was the centerpiece of a fast-paced, no-huddle offense in which a lot of the plays were called at the line of scrimmage.

Denver's offense with Manning will have a significant play-action element. Manning, the only four-time MVP in NFL history, likes to have deception in the passing game.

Read more: Peyton Manning's fingerprints will be all over Broncos' playbook - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20326585/peyton-mannings-fingerprints-will-be-all-over-denver#ixzz1rBHV1NzE
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

broncocalijohn
04-05-2012, 09:49 AM
There were more than two teams. Again, Cutler is the best QB to ever play the game. Great logic dumbass.

And the highest picks given were starting at 4th round. Hell, everyone might want Tebow for a 6th round pick. That doesn't make it Elite. I, for one, thought we would get much more compensation for Tebow. It just shows franchises are not going to change their entire scheme for a player that makes plays but is under 50% completions.