PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins urgency

BlueandOrange32
10-22-2011, 03:42 PM
Yeah, suck for Luck. However, they are deeply offended by the Gator day at the stadium. I am telling you, the radio stations down here are going nuts, and the local fans that arent Gator fans are ticked as hell.

The biggest concern is the Dolphins team likes Sparano. They know if they lose, they will cost him his job. Regardless of who is QB.

They will be playing fired up and we all know the Broncos history in Florida. Except for XXXIII of course.

Blueflame
10-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Yeah, suck for Luck. However, they are deeply offended by the Gator day at the stadium. I am telling you, the radio stations down here are going nuts, and the local fans that arent Gator fans are ticked as hell.

The biggest concern is the Dolphins team likes Sparano. They know if they lose, they will cost him his job. Regardless of who is QB.

They will be playing fired up and we all know the Broncos history in Florida. Except for XXXIII of course.

If the Broncos FO planned a halftime buttkissing for the visiting QB I'd be offended too (no matter who he was or where he played college ball). I can't recall an NFL team ever doing something like that before and it should be viewed as a slap in the face to their own team.

Requiem
10-22-2011, 03:46 PM
DJ Williams is stoked to be back in Miami.

BlueandOrange32
10-22-2011, 03:55 PM
If the Broncos FO planned a halftime buttkissing for the visiting QB I'd be offended too (no matter who he was or where he played college ball). I can't recall an NFL team ever doing something like that before and it should be viewed as a slap in the face to their own team.

Yeah. That owner also sells Jets jersies in the gift shop in the stadium.

He knew Tebow was coming to town, and it also coincides with the fact that UF has an off week this week.

TDmvp
10-22-2011, 04:02 PM
A. They are not honoring the visiting Qb they are honoring a national title team.

B. It happens often with college teams playing in pro stadiums
Ie , Pitt , who plays in Heinz Field. USF who plays in the Bucks stadium and many others. And since they are honoring a team not a player I don't need examples of where a pro player happened to be at one of those events.

But half time events like this happen all the time it's just normally people don't make such a fuss over them.

broncogary
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM

For some reason, I thought pro's were supposed to play fired up all the time.

BlueandOrange32
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
A. They are not honoring the visiting Qb they are honoring a national title team.

Ie , Pitt , who plays in Heinz Field. USF who plays in the Bucks stadium and many others. And since they are honoring a team not a player I don't need examples of where a pro player happened to be at one of those events.

But half time events like this happen all the time it's just normally people don't make such a fuss over them.

Yeah, but Sunlife is around a 4 and a half hour drive from gainsville.

It is the home of the Hurricanes. The very stadium the Canes are playing on ESPN right now.

BlueandOrange32
10-22-2011, 04:06 PM
For some reason, I thought pro's were supposed to play fired up all the time.

Well somtimes they played more fired up than other times.

TDmvp
10-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, but Sunlife is around a 4 and a half hour drive from gainsville.

It is the home of the Hurricanes. The very stadium the Canes are playing on ESPN right now.

/agree that part is odd. I just thought they picked Sunlife because it was during a event so people would already be present.

Like the Cincinnati honored the Uc team from a couple a years ago during a bengals game at PBS , even tho they don't play there.

Happens all the time.

Blueflame
10-22-2011, 04:21 PM

Where's the rest of the team, then? Far as I've heard there's only one person that it's about tomorrow.

As for it happening all the time, I suppose TGN or Disco or one of the other local season ticket holders would be more of an authority on the subject than I would, but in the times I've been in Denver, there has never been anything like this at halftime. And I don't think it would have been well-received by the home crowd either.

BlueandOrange32
10-22-2011, 04:27 PM
Where's the rest of the team, then? Far as I've heard there's only one person that it's about tomorrow.

As for it happening all the time, I suppose TGN or Disco or one of the other local season ticket holders would be more of an authority on the subject than I would, but in the times I've been in Denver, there has never been anything like this at halftime. And I don't think it would have been well-received by the home crowd either.

Denver is not close to the melting pot South Florida and the 3 counties. Itis a very transient community.

Everyone wonders why the baseball teams cant draw flies. Well, if baseball did their research they would know no business doesn't well anywhere in Florida in the Summer.

It is almost a ghost town compared to the Fall and Winter months.

Tombstone RJ
10-22-2011, 04:30 PM

Yah, I see Miami playing their best game of the year. Last year when the Broncos went to Jacksonville with Tebow and all the hype about Tebow having a home game, well, the Jagz took offense to that and played a good game. Of course, the Broncos always seem to play bad against the Jagz but I think the Broncos were favored to win that game.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-22-2011, 04:41 PM
This all amounts to nothing.

RhymesayersDU
10-22-2011, 04:43 PM

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20111021/ARTICLES/111029899/-1/gatorsspecial03?Title=Tebow-start-drawing-crowd

They expect 20+ Gators from that team to show up.

I also think there's a a disconnect here because for us, college football isn't king, pro football is. In SEC country, it's the other way around.

I don't see the big deal about it, and since it's happening at halftime, none of the players are even going to see it.

TDmvp
10-22-2011, 04:52 PM
http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20111021/ARTICLES/111029899/-1/gatorsspecial03?Title=Tebow-start-drawing-crowd

They expect 20+ Gators from that team to show up.

I also think there's a a disconnect here because for us, college football isn't king, pro football is. In SEC country, it's the other way around.

I don't see the big deal about it, and since it's happening at halftime, none of the players are even going to see it.

Rep for facts and prospective ...

Maximus
10-22-2011, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a bunch of crap to me... why are they celebrating a national championship 2 years late?

That One Guy
10-22-2011, 05:11 PM
I recall hearing quite some time ago that they also tried to do one for Miami but Miami declined. I think it was just a ticket ploy earlier in the season. Tebow surely didn't factor.

ColoradoDarin
10-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Yah, I see Miami playing their best game of the year. Last year when the Broncos went to Jacksonville with Tebow and all the hype about Tebow having a home game, well, the Jagz took offense to that and played a good game. Of course, the Broncos always seem to play bad against the Jagz but I think the Broncos were favored to win that game.

It was also the first game of the season and 100 degrees with humidity last year (at least until the rain delay, then it was a "cold" 70). Thankfully, the weather will be nicer tomorrow in Miami.

TonyR
10-22-2011, 09:13 PM
Sounds like a bunch of crap to me... why are they celebrating a national championship 2 years late?

The Dolphins organization is doing it to sell tickets. And it worked. It's all about $.

RhymesayersDU
10-22-2011, 09:19 PM
The Dolphins organization is doing it to sell tickets. And it worked. It's all about $.

Indeed, and don't get me wrong, it's no coincidence that Tebow is in the house. They planned this. But I still don't see this as some epic slap in the face to the players, etc. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

cutthemdown
10-22-2011, 09:29 PM

Tebow so awesome that's just how it is. Get used to it. Also have fun losing to KC this weekend.

WABronco
10-22-2011, 09:38 PM

awwww ****

BroncsCheer
10-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Elvis is stoked to be back home. He's never felt better this year than now, I expect a big game from Dooooooom.

KipCorrington25
10-23-2011, 12:28 AM

Better notify the DUI task force, I'd hate anyone to get killed.

boltaneer
10-23-2011, 01:25 AM
The Dolphins are horrible. (I know, common knowledge). But really, they're Detroit Lions 0-16 terrible.

I think the Broncos blow them out by halftime.

After this week, I think it's a different story though. :sunshine:

cutthemdown
10-23-2011, 02:41 AM
The Dolphins are horrible. (I know, common knowledge). But really, they're Detroit Lions 0-16 terrible.

I think the Broncos blow them out by halftime.

After this week, I think it's a different story though. :sunshine:

Hmm have you watched Fish play? I don't think they are the worst team in the league.

BroncoBuff
10-23-2011, 04:23 AM
I'm doubting there's much urgency, or any "this is our house" motivation. Looks to me like their problem is new QB Matt Moore, guy is truly awful, and they weren't scoring any points with Henne anyway.

Doesn't help they've given up 18 sacks, 4th worst in the league (Bears, Rams, Seahawks), that's 1 sack every 10 passes.

This team is 'Suck for Luck' on steroids ... I'm predicting 24-9 Denver.

And penciling in Von-Doom for 3 sacks between them :thumbs:

TonyR
10-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Hmm have you watched Fish play? I don't think they are the worst team in the league.

Agree. Not a good football team but not the worst in the league (Rams get my vote) and not remotely 0-16 Detroit Lions bad.

barryr
10-23-2011, 09:29 AM
If it takes something like that to fire up an NFL team, then no wonder they are winless and their care for their coach has to be questioned if they can only get ready to play harder for something as unimportant as this. What about getting ready to play harder against teams in your division at least if not every week?