PDA

View Full Version : Elway on Sirius Blitz During 9 o'clock Hour

ghwk
10-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Elway is going to be on the Sirius Blitz during the nine o'clock hour. Anyone able to do a recap? I can't do it from work.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:15 AM
-Excited to evaluate Tebow the rest of the way. Worked hard during the off-season, better feel for the offense and has improved accuracy

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
-RE: Tebow perception. Had no perception until taking job other than competitor, tough, and a playmaking ability you can't coach.

-Thing he needs to improve: Getting the snap, techniques of 3,5,7 step drops and how consistent footwork=consistent play.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:17 AM
^ "Can coach those type of things, guys with a mindset like Tim has WILL improve"

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Other things will get better with time and repetition, looking to evaluate how he deals in tough situations etc

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Not changing offense, but adjusting and tailoring it to best utilize current players

Houshyamama
10-20-2011, 10:21 AM
keep it up Rev

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:22 AM
RE: Lloyd trade

Great year last year, tremendous body control, etc, talks about current WR depth being great, want to give younger guys opportunity and to evaluate them and the draft pick next year as opposed to compensatory in 2013

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:23 AM
To improve team:

Need to improve defensively. Took Von Miller - great athlete but VERY raw and really used to rushing the passer, then secondary picks, Fox's defensive mind and defensive scheme they wanted to change. Better on defense but the numbers aren't there. Blames it on new system.

bendog
10-20-2011, 10:24 AM
I don't believe any of this. Elway is Jealous of Tim and is plotting to set him up to fail. No one disputes this. Elway is not a christian and supports the homosexual agenda.

Steve Prefontaine
10-20-2011, 10:25 AM
Thanks Rev.

TheReverend
Trading Kyle before deadline:

Says opportunity had to be there. Then emphasizes a LITTLE bit of interest in him in the offseason (lol), then says they looked to him to come in with the new coach and win some games and that it didn't happen so they're moving on.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
I don't believe any of this. Elway is Jealous of Tim and is plotting to set him up to fail. No one disputes this. Elway is not a christian and supports the homosexual agenda.

Also, ESPN hates Tebow (despite covering him at every turn) because Dana Jacobsen once said "**** touchdown Jesus" when talking about Notre Dame at a roast. Which shows that management hates Christians.

:rofl:

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM
On QB change:

-Bottom line is all things factored in (plays, w/l record, etc). Production side was #1 reason and #2 was an "energy change". Tim with his energy and type of player and his playmaking ability, we're hoping that changes that energy and things become more positive and we start making those plays to win the games. In our first games, we were in position to win 4 and only won 1 and that was a defensive performance more than offensive.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
RBs:

Willis has come in with instincts and is fresh etc. Wanted Knowshon to see how Willis prepares and what it takes to be a good pro in this league because he's young. Example has been set and Knowshon starting to realize the strides he needs to take to be successful

RE: Luck lol

I'm not allowed to comment too much on Andrew other than he's a fun guy to watch and he's a tremendous talent

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:29 AM
And done.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:30 AM

Also, ESPN hates Tebow (despite covering him at every turn) because Dana Jacobsen once said "**** touchdown Jesus" when talking about Notre Dame at a roast. Which shows that management hates Christians.

Awesome. I went out of my way to type all that out so you guys could act like jerk offs. :thumbs:

Dedhed
10-20-2011, 10:34 AM

Do you two have to poop in every thread?

Dedhed
10-20-2011, 10:35 AM
Nice work Rev. Appreciate it.

ghwk
10-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Thanks Rev I appreciate the recap. :thumbsup:

The children will be staying late after pre-school. :kubiak:

go_broncos
10-20-2011, 10:37 AM

'ppreciate that....:rofl:

illbroncsfn
10-20-2011, 10:38 AM
thanks rev!

Inkana7
Thanks, Rev.

Houshyamama
Thanks Revinator.

jhns
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the recap!

NFLBRONCO
10-20-2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks alot Rev

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Do you two have to poop in every thread?

Psst. I'm a singular entity.

Are you so dizzy from being embarrassed that you're actually seeing double? Might want to talk to a doctor.

And Rev, thanks for posting that stuff. Awesome. REP incoming.

Kaylore
10-20-2011, 10:47 AM
You suck Rev!

:)

Requiem
10-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks Rev.

Drek
10-20-2011, 10:50 AM
And done.

Appreciated man. Interesting comments on Moreno. The Luck and Tebow stuff is about what I'd expect him to say.

Apparently no calling guys by their wrong name, so he's clearly made some big strides in public speaking.

bendog
10-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Thanks

BroncoBen
10-20-2011, 10:56 AM

lol ... Priceless.. almost made me choke on my morning coffee.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Appreciated man. Interesting comments on Moreno. The Luck and Tebow stuff is about what I'd expect him to say.

Apparently no calling guys by their wrong name, so he's clearly made some big strides in public speaking.

He was a LOT more open and honest than I expected him to be.

To borrow one of his tags, very "transparent". Was a fantastic interview (much better than I expected from his past interviews) and I'll try to keep my eyes on their website to see if I can link an audio clip later so it's more than just me trying to paraphrase in real time.

bronco militia
10-20-2011, 11:03 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/foxsheadphonescolor.gif

Kaylore
10-20-2011, 11:04 AM
http://www.drewlitton.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/foxsheadphonescolor.gif

I'm somewhat of a Litton critic, but that is a pretty awesome John Fox.

Houshyamama
10-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Rare to see analysts get this amped up about a backup QB getting his first start of the season.......

<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7122647&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

HorseHead
10-20-2011, 11:06 AM
muchas gracias Rev...much appreciated....

Dedhed
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Psst. I'm a singular entity.

Are you so dizzy from being embarrassed that you're actually seeing double? Might want to talk to a doctor.

And Rev, thanks for posting that stuff. Awesome. REP incoming.

Lulz. I was referring to the little circle poop session that you and Bendog are engaged in during an otherwise productive and interesting thread.

What might I be embarrassed about? Being anti-Orton from the beginning? Think again.

edog24
10-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Thanks Rev. I am pumped for this weekend's game.

vancejohnson82
10-20-2011, 11:13 AM
maybe one of the worst recaps I've heard in recent memory....

55CrushEm
10-20-2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks, Lobster Humper!

J/K

strafen
10-20-2011, 11:17 AM
Last edited by vancejohnson82; 10-20-2011 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: or "READ"....I'm a ****ing moron This!

strafen
10-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks Rev!
My feelings exactly!

maher_tyler
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Good stuff...thanks Rev! ^5

vancejohnson82
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
This!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-UGSmv7amn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
10-20-2011, 11:26 AM
Thanks Rev....

crush17
10-20-2011, 11:28 AM
You suck Rev!

:)
Lol

backup qb
10-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks Rev

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 12:02 PM
Wish they would have asked him about the upcoming game. I'm very curious about this. Are they having the Gator ceremony at half time? If so, does Tebow give up valuable half time coaching to come out? And does he come out in his Broncos uni? How does John feel about this whole Gator party being thrown when the Broncos are going down there to win a game? Must be kind of weird. How does the FO approach it?

vancejohnson82
10-20-2011, 12:07 PM
Wish they would have asked him about the upcoming game. I'm very curious about this. Are they having the Gator ceremony at half time? If so, does Tebow give up valuable half time coaching to come out? And does he come out in his Broncos uni? How does John feel about this whole Gator party being thrown when the Broncos are going down there to win a game? Must be kind of weird. How does the FO approach it?

there is no way that Tebow misses out on halftime locker room stuff....are you sure they are even having a ceremony of some type?

jhns
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM

Elway should be happy. They are taking away from their own home field advantage.

FISH
10-20-2011, 12:09 PM
Awesome. I went out of my way to type all that out so you guys could act like jerk offs. :thumbs:

Ignore'em....thanks for the play by play for those of us who couldnt listen in.

bendog
10-20-2011, 12:10 PM
What can they do but watch

http://tritontrouperscircus.com/docs/press/Triton_Troupers_Circus-clowns_band-2004.jpg

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 12:14 PM
there is no way that Tebow misses out on halftime locker room stuff....are you sure they are even having a ceremony of some type?

I don't know. That's why I would like them to ask. Seems like the Sirius guy just asked the same old stuff that everybody else is fixated on: Tebow, Luck. There's other **** going on. I'd like to hear about it.

jhns
10-20-2011, 12:14 PM
What can they do but watch

They could pull a bendog by not watching and pretending to know what is going on.

UberBroncoMan
10-20-2011, 12:15 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-UGSmv7amn4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I miss ALF.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 12:22 PM
I don't know. That's why I would like them to ask. Seems like the Sirius guy just asked the same old stuff that everybody else is fixated on: Tebow, Luck. There's other **** going on. I'd like to hear about it.

Great point! I know they covered the receivers, the lloyd trade, revamping the defense, john fox, orton in the offseason etc, but how dare they emphasize the QB change on the week they make the QB change when they could focus on something important to the team like the Gator reunion!

::)

Tool bag

zdoor
10-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Here's a stream of it...

http://siriusxmsports.posterous.com/john-elway-broncos-executive-vp-of-football-o

broncocalijohn
10-20-2011, 12:39 PM
If the ceremony is at halftime, I would believe that Tebow has a premade video spot to play while he is in the locker room getting ready for the 2nd half.

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Great point! I know they covered the receivers, the lloyd trade, revamping the defense, john fox, orton in the offseason etc, but how dare they emphasize the QB change on the week they make the QB change when they could focus on something important to the team like the Gator reunion!

::)

Tool bag

The wonderful thing is that being a complete ahole comes so naturally to you. You don't even have to try.

bendog
10-20-2011, 12:43 PM
The wonderful thing is that being a complete ahole comes so naturally to you. You don't even have to try.

It's too bad, too.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM

You're not wrong.

Binkythefrog
10-20-2011, 12:45 PM

Tebow said he'll be in the locker room...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19152249\\

To help usher in Tebow's first start of 2011, the Dolphins will honor his 2008 Florida Gators national championship team at halftime. This isn't high school homecoming weekend. Tebow won't play the first half, then stay on the field for the halftime ceremony.
"I'll be in the locker room," he said.

bendog
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM

To help usher in Tebow's first start of 2011, the Dolphins will honor his 2008 Florida Gators national championship team at halftime. This isn't high school homecoming weekend. Tebow won't play the first half, then stay on the field for the halftime ceremony.

Couldn't he just sort of transubstantiate himself to be in two places at once?

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Thanks. I still find this to be a very strange story. Why would Miami schedule this for this week? If I was a conspiracy theorist...

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I still find this to be a very strange story. Why would Miami schedule this for this week? If I was a conspiracy theorist...

To make money.

ghwk
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
To make money.

Plus they were probably under the assumption that Orton would be the QB. On the Sirius Opening Drive they were all over it saying what a huge bonus it was for Denver. There were 20,000 unsold tickets prior to the Tebow will start announcement, those sold out immediately when he was named the starter.

Their impression is that this will be like a home game for Denver and that Miami f**ed themselves with this screw up.

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
I always assume that the owners of franchises will do anything they can to give their team the edge. This is like flushing the edge down the toilet.

BroncsCheer
10-20-2011, 01:41 PM

I appreciate it Rev - good jorb :thumbsup:

Steve Prefontaine
10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I always assume that the owners of franchises will do anything they can to sell tickets and make money.

Fixed it.

DarkHorse
10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Thanks Rev!

BroncoBuff
10-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks Rev. Did he try to explain why we wasted five weeks with Orton?

Broncomutt
10-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Did he try to explain why we wasted five weeks with Orton?

Thank you!

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks Rev. Did he try to explain why we wasted five weeks with Orton?

Trading Kyle before deadline:

Says opportunity had to be there. Then emphasizes a LITTLE bit of interest in him in the offseason (lol), then says they looked to him to come in with the new coach and win some games and that it didn't happen so they're moving on.

On QB change:

-Bottom line is all things factored in (plays, w/l record, etc). Production side was #1 reason and #2 was an "energy change". Tim with his energy and type of player and his playmaking ability, we're hoping that changes that energy and things become more positive and we start making those plays to win the games. In our first games, we were in position to win 4 and only won 1 and that was a defensive performance more than offensive.

^

dbfan21
10-20-2011, 02:33 PM
If the ceremony is at halftime, I would believe that Tebow has a premade video spot to play while he is in the locker room getting ready for the 2nd half.

I agree with you. No way he comes out of the locker room for an event planned by the opposing team. I am sure Tebow is honored, but could care less about a ceremony honoring a team that won a college football game 2 years ago.

TotallyScrewed
10-20-2011, 02:40 PM

Heck...I've heard from some media sources that during halftime:

1) Tim is going to be in his old Gator uniform, while
2) Have a book signing party and,
3) Play 18 holes of golf.

Any extra time will be spent bulking up for a special "Who's the strongest Gator?" contest to be held postgame.

Dedhed
10-20-2011, 09:05 PM

Rev's testiness is far superior to your desperate attempts at being a douche.

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Rev's testiness is far superior to your desperate attempts at being a douche.

I'm sure he's proud to have you licking up after him.

Dedhed
10-20-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm sure he's proud to have you licking up after him. Teko, Bendog, Rohirrim circle sessions. Onward Orton soldiers.

Rohirrim
10-20-2011, 09:38 PM
Man! This board is turning into little bitch central. There are three stories to this upcoming game.

1. Tebow is starting
2. Lloyd just got traded to Miami.
3. Miami is throwing some kind of media night for the Gators.

So, I wonder why Sirius doesn't ask John about #3 and all the little bitches get their panties in a knot. Over nothing. Drama queens and bitches.