PDA

View Full Version : I wonder if Tebow would tell McCoy to go **** himself?

MVP-06
10-20-2011, 08:35 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CJtPjkSTZyE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MacGruder
10-20-2011, 08:39 AM
Tebow would say "I gotchu!"

That's as close as he will get .

Or "there is only one person that carries the ball here!"

jhns
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Already been posted...

StugotsIII
10-20-2011, 08:41 AM
Cutler had a ton of hissy fits in that game.

Up by nearly 30 in the 4th quarter, he reamed out his rookie WR who earlier caught a TD after the rookie dropped a tough catch over the middle that would have still been short of the first...

Popps
10-20-2011, 08:42 AM
"Franchise."

Steve Prefontaine
10-20-2011, 08:45 AM
"Franchise."

McFranchise sounds better.

Pony Boy
10-20-2011, 08:50 AM
So Cutler finally shows some raw emotion on the field and he still gets crap on the Mane………

Powderaddict
10-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I'm assuming since the thread title references Tebow the stars say "Bless"?

theAPAOps5
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
So Cutler finally shows some raw emotion on the field and he still gets crap on the Mane………

There is raw emotion and there is disrespect to your coach and team. I think you are confusing the two.

We don't know the context and only what we could see on TV. But I would not call that raw emotion, that looked more like being a punk.

StugotsIII
10-20-2011, 09:39 AM
Jay Cutler is an asshole.

jhns
10-20-2011, 09:45 AM
There is raw emotion and there is disrespect to your coach and team. I think you are confusing the two.

We don't know the context and only what we could see on TV. But I would not call that raw emotion, that looked more like being a punk.

You just said you don't know the context as you refute his conclusion and give your own.

Haters gonna hate. McFans will never move on.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-20-2011, 09:51 AM
umm this might be a stupid question ,but what in the hell does that video got to do with tebow?

yerner
10-20-2011, 10:01 AM
i think that was awesome.

Pony Boy
10-20-2011, 11:29 AM

You can find plenty of sound-bites where nfl coaches are disrespecting players and throwing the "f-bomb" around, I think that knife cuts both ways in the nfl, it's not a team sport but just a job.

<object width="300" height="28" class="hark_player"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=vcbnyqldbw"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="allownetworking" value="all"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=vcbnyqldbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/vcbnyqldbw-do-your-job" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to Do your job! on Hark.com">Do your job!</a>

broncocalijohn
10-20-2011, 11:51 AM
You just said you don't know the context as you refute his conclusion and give your own.

Haters gonna hate. McFans will never move on.

Dude, you keep saying this like it is one or the other. You can hate McDaniels and Cutler at the same time. I didnt care for Cutler's act when Shanny was here. I, like many, cant stand McDaniels even if they gave him a chance at the beginning. Why would many go from defending McDaniels to hating him and yet where is the reason then to keep hating on Cutler? THey are not one and the same so shut the pie hole and know that there are many out there that don't like him!

jhns
10-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Dude, you keep saying this like it is one or the other. You can hate McDaniels and Cutler at the same time. I didnt care for Cutler's act when Shanny was here. I, like many, cant stand McDaniels even if they gave him a chance at the beginning. Why would many go from defending McDaniels to hating him and yet where is the reason then to keep hating on Cutler? THey are not one and the same so shut the pie hole and know that there are many out there that don't like him!

The Cutler hate was born from love of McDaniels. It went to extremes as people became drama queens about everything he did.

Some examples:

He never called Denver fans a six. He compared Chicagos training camp attendance vs Denvers training camp attendance.

His dad turned in his playbook because Cutler wasn't going 500 miles out of his way, only to backtrack to the place he needed to get to that day.

He earned a pro bowl here. People claim Rivers was snubbed and Cutler took his place. That is false, even with Rivers, Cutler still makes that pro bowl. He was voted second and had the second best season in the AFC.

This team would be far better off with Cutler right now. A simple fact that McFans can't grasp.

No one has ever had a problem with Cutler, outside of McDaniels. He hasn't caused locker room troubles and no other coach has ever said a bad thing about him. This, of course, is talking about people that actually know Cutler. He was always a first in, last out kind of player. He worked during his time off, both here and with receivers.

We could only hope to get another Cutler on this team. If you are still making excuses for what McDaniels did, rather than blaming him for what he did, you are a McFan.

WABronco
10-20-2011, 12:23 PM
www.whogivesa****.com

Seriously. A football player telling a coach to F OFF registers about a .26 on the give-a-**** scale. Everyone making a mountain out of this is a joke.

TheReverend
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
The Cutler hate was born from love of McDaniels. It went to extremes as people became drama queens about everything he did.

Some examples:

He never called Denver fans a six. He compared Chicagos training camp attendance vs Denvers training camp attendance.

His dad turned in his playbook because Cutler wasn't going 500 miles out of his way, only to backtrack to the place he needed to get to that day.

He earned a pro bowl here. People claim Rivers was snubbed and Cutler took his place. That is false, even with Rivers, Cutler still makes that pro bowl. He was voted second and had the second best season in the AFC.

This team would be far better off with Cutler right now. A simple fact that McFans can't grasp.

No one has ever had a problem with Cutler, outside of McDaniels. He hasn't caused locker room troubles and no other coach has ever said a bad thing about him. This, of course, is talking about people that actually know Cutler. He was always a first in, last out kind of player. He worked during his time off, both here and with receivers.

We could only hope to get another Cutler on this team. If you are still making excuses for what McDaniels did, rather than blaming him for what he did, you are a McFan.

^ An extremely accurate post.

zdoor
10-20-2011, 01:01 PM
Who cares... There's been a shytload of players who are assholes.... Many of them great and some even Hall of Famers...

theAPAOps5
10-20-2011, 01:28 PM
You can find plenty of sound-bites where nfl coaches are disrespecting players and throwing the "f-bomb" around, I think that knife cuts both ways in the nfl, it's not a team sport but just a job.

<object width="300" height="28" class="hark_player"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=vcbnyqldbw"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="allownetworking" value="all"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><embed src="http://cdn.hark.com/swfs/player_fb.swf?pid=vcbnyqldbw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" width="300" height="28" wmode="transparent"></embed></object><br/><a href="http://www.hark.com/clips/vcbnyqldbw-do-your-job" style="font-size: 9px; color: #ddd;" title="Listen to Do your job! on Hark.com">Do your job!</a>

Valid point, and like I said we don't know entire context and I am only commenting on what I perceived. He was playing great not sure why he was so pissed all game. Maybe needs to be pissed more!

bendog
10-20-2011, 01:34 PM
Off the top of my head, the only coaches I think of who really lose it are losers, with the possible exception of Coughlin, though NY beating NE was probably a fluke.

broncosteven
10-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Meanwhile Orton is benched again lamely clapping on the sidelines while his backup scores TDs.

We end up with nothing from Orton over the last 3 years other than Garbage time stats.

fontaine
10-20-2011, 03:07 PM
Martz pretty much deserves it. As an OC in his Rams days he made it a point to single out, scream/swear at backup QBs, self admittedly for little to no reasons, or as he claims "I needed to know if they were tough enough to handle pressure."

FADERPROOF
10-20-2011, 03:59 PM
I would do the same thing as Cutler did, he's the one getting crushed on about every play while Martz is calling the plays that are crushing Cutler. A guy can only take so much before he snaps a bit, and during the game with emotions running high I really cant blame him for snapping a bit.

FADERPROOF
10-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Martz pretty much deserves it. As an OC in his Rams days he made it a point to single out, scream/swear at backup QBs, self admittedly for little to no reasons, or as he claims "I needed to know if they were tough enough to handle pressure."

Correct, Martz does deserve it. In the past 10 years his offense has given up at least 40 sacks in each season, and still refuses to change up and call more 3 step drop and extra protection plays. Id give him an F bomb or two if I was the QB and he keeps calling plays that end up with me taking a hit.

gunns
10-20-2011, 06:44 PM

It was not born from love of McDaniels. THAT is A fact. I couldn't stand Cutler when he was here, the press conferences after the games, throwing his teammates under the bus while not addressing what he did wrong. He cultivated the hate long before he left. Now I'm one that didn't take sides in the Cutler debacle, I can see Bowlen lying as much as Cutler. And once he was in Chicago I could have given a **** less what he thought of me as a fan. The hatred was long before that.

It is NOT A FACT, simple or otherwise. In that case let's just hang on to Orton. They have comparable stats except Jay was on a better team last year, much better defense, Orton had more yards, a better QB rating, better TD to INT ratio. And hell, Cutler even did the fetal fall last year in the NFC Championship game. What the hell dude? The team has a very good D. .

This is what I love from you the most. You talking like you know, like you were there. Cracks me up.

We could only hope to get another Cutler on this team. If you are still making excuses for what McDaniels did, rather than blaming him for what he did, you are a McFan

For what? See above. Unless he's bring that D with him what difference is is going to make? We might have beaten the Bengals by a couple of more points? Not making any excuses for what McD did, he and Cutler are both idiots. Keep posting like this and you'll stand in between them.

Missouribronc
10-20-2011, 07:27 PM
Cutler is an emotional jerk. This should surprise no one.

ColoradoDarin
10-21-2011, 05:37 AM

If you watched the Kurt Warner "A Football Life" Martz talked about that (he blamed Kurt for a fumbled snap even when the center was at fault for not getting the ball to the QB's hands) and yelled at him for it. Kurt didn't blame the center at all, even when he was fully justified, and Martz said it impressed him. It was pretty open and honest about how he mistreated Kurt back then.

Sad part is, I don't think Martz has learned that HE kills QBs with his system.

Back to the OP - no, Tebow would never drop the f-bomb on any OC, but he would scream out "no one gets the ball here but ME!" and the OC would listen. Just like last year.

v2micca
10-21-2011, 06:11 AM
Honestly, the fact that a QB hasn't taken a swing at Martz during a game is kind of surprising to me.

Lolad
10-21-2011, 06:14 AM
It was not born from love of McDaniels. THAT is A fact. I couldn't stand Cutler when he was here, the press conferences after the games, throwing his teammates under the bus while not addressing what he did wrong. He cultivated the hate long before he left. Now I'm one that didn't take sides in the Cutler debacle, I can see Bowlen lying as much as Cutler. And once he was in Chicago I could have given a **** less what he thought of me as a fan. The hatred was long before that.

I thought his press conferences were fine, you could tell he didn't like losing.. He was disgusted, people have their own way of voicing their disapproval with there play.

It is NOT A FACT, simple or otherwise. In that case let's just hang on to Orton. They have comparable stats except Jay was on a better team last year, much better defense, Orton had more yards, a better QB rating, better TD to INT ratio. And hell, Cutler even did the fetal fall last year in the NFC Championship game. What the hell dude? The team has a very good D.

How much of Orton's stats came when the game was up for grabs? You can't compare garbage time stats. You can't argue Orton, he was the worst QB in 3rd down and in the red zone! Those are facts, Orton this year was in the bottom half in every category.

For what? See above. Unless he's bring that D with him what difference is is going to make? We might have beaten the Bengals by a couple of more points? Not making any excuses for what McD did, he and Cutler are both idiots. Keep posting like this and you'll stand in between them.

The defense did just enough except for the packers game, which was still winnable if Orton didn't throw 3 picks. The other games the defense kept us in the game, we lost because we didn't score enough points. Which brings back the point of our previous QB, Orton being the near the bottom half of the league in scoring while in the Red Zone

jhns
10-21-2011, 06:17 AM

It is NOT A FACT, simple or otherwise. In that case let's just hang on to Orton. They have comparable stats except Jay was on a better team last year, much better defense, Orton had more yards, a better QB rating, better TD to INT ratio. And hell, Cutler even did the fetal fall last year in the NFC Championship game. What the hell dude? The team has a very good D. .

This is what I love from you the most. You talking like you know, like you were there. Cracks me up.

This post is not at all accurate. You McFans make me want to puke. The love for him, after what he did here, is just sickening.

bendog
10-21-2011, 07:36 AM
If you watched the Kurt Warner "A Football Life" Martz talked about that (he blamed Kurt for a fumbled snap even when the center was at fault for not getting the ball to the QB's hands) and yelled at him for it. Kurt didn't blame the center at all, even when he was fully justified, and Martz said it impressed him. It was pretty open and honest about how he mistreated Kurt back then.

Sad part is, I don't think Martz has learned that HE kills QBs with his system.

Back to the OP - no, Tebow would never drop the f-bomb on any OC, but he would scream out "no one gets the ball here but ME!" and the OC would listen. Just like last year.

Well, the OC probably should run Tebow out of the shotgun on the goal line. Giving it to Willis would probably be the better call, but until the team is sure Tebow can take the snap under center and complete the handoff on time and without mishandling the ball, shotgun is probably safer.

bendog
10-21-2011, 07:42 AM

Lambchop's a frown cannon, but talentwise orton shouldn't be in the same sentence as Lambchop. I think a team can win a championship with Lambchop, but not with Martz as the OC. And, Lambchop's probably a best fit with a team that has a coach like Shanny or McCarthy who pretty much owns the offense, and whose leadership is unquestionable.

SoCalBronco
10-21-2011, 08:02 AM
Perhaps if McCoy was similarly going out of his way to get Tebow killed, he might say the same thing.

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 08:21 AM
This post is not at all accurate. You McFans make me want to puke. The love for him, after what he did here, is just sickening.

Cutler sucks and he's not here....neither is McDaniels

....get over it

jhns
10-21-2011, 08:24 AM
Cutler sucks and he's not here....neither is McDaniels

....get over it

You suck.

No.

AlphaSeirra
10-21-2011, 08:27 AM
Well, the OC probably should run Tebow out of the shotgun on the goal line. Giving it to Willis would
probably be the better call, but until the team is sure Tebow can take the snap under center and
complete the handoff on time and without mishandling the ball, shotgun is probably safer.

It fairly obvious that you are willing to COMPLETELY OVERLOOK Tebow's actual stats with the Broncos,
(lost poss. fumbles, passing TD's to Ints ratio, TD's & ypc running)
when you say such INACCURATE crap.
Go Look it up, or remain ignorant! :P

=========================

Tebow's UF rushing per season:
06 - 469 yds. (BCS-NC)
07 - 895 yds. (1st Soph Heisman)
08 - 673 yds. (BCS-NC)
09 - 910 yds. (Campbell Trophy / academic Heisman & Sugar Bowl All Time Passing Records)
Total Rushing = 2,947 yds, 4.3 ypc, 57 TD's, Long 55 yds.
The Gator team rushed for over 10,000 yards in that 4 year span.

At UF, the Gators committee running game went for 3,200+ yards in one season, mostly against SEC defenses.
Tim didn't seem to have a problem with making a handoff to the RB's back then. Tim never accounted for more
than 910 yds of that total in a single season, but the media morons still claimed that Tim was UF's ENTIRE running game.
(Those media morons didn't look it up either) 8')

Kaylore
10-21-2011, 08:40 AM

No it isn't. There are people here who hated what Cutler did and hated McDaniels. Jhiz is the one constantly paranoid there is a secret order of McDaniels fans trying to ruin his life and pretends if you disagree with him then you must be one.

Also, Cutler did not play better than Rivers that year. Hands down. Especially considering what Rivers did in the playoffs (and the fact he lead his team to the playoffs against insurmountable odds). I wouldn't argue Cutler played well enough to go, at least as an alternate, but he didn't out play Rivers. Cutler faded toward the end of the season.

And not handing in your playbook because you aren't there completely dodges the point that he had mailed it in on the season and skipped town, refused phone calls, and lied about being contacted. He wanted to play for someone who treated him differently than the rest of the team and was mad at management for getting rid of the offensive staff. He was looking for a reason to pretend to be upset from the beginning. The trade rumors were nothing but he was waiting for the first mole hill he could find to get out.

I'm frankly over both McD and Cutler. I am grateful both are gone. And I actually don't have a problem with football players swearing in the heat of the moment. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche for wanting to leave town because he didn't like the circumstances, nor do I think he is completely a victim of circumstances. He's earned his reputation as a selfish whiner both for how he plays and how he's handled himself to at least one franchise, the media and fans. So I don't feel sorry for him for how the media goes after him (admittedly excessively for stupid stuff.) because his actions have painted that picture of him.

I said when he was traded to be careful what he wishes for. Behind that garbage offensive line in a more omnipresent media environment he's getting everything he asked for.

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
No it isn't. There are people here who hated what Cutler did and hated McDaniels. Jhiz is the one constantly paranoid there is a secret order of McDaniels fans trying to ruin his life and pretends if you disagree with him then you must be one.

Also, Cutler did not play better than Rivers that year. Hands down. Especially considering what Rivers did in the playoffs (and the fact he lead his team to the playoffs against insurmountable odds). I wouldn't argue Cutler played well enough to go, at least as an alternate, but he didn't out play Rivers. Cutler faded toward the end of the season.

And not handing in your playbook because you aren't there completely dodges the point that he had mailed it in on the season and skipped town, refused phone calls, and lied about being contacted. He wanted to play for someone who treated him differently than the rest of the team and was mad at management for getting rid of the offensive staff. He was looking for a reason to pretend to be upset from the beginning. The trade rumors were nothing but he was waiting for the first mole hill he could find to get out.

I'm frankly over both McD and Cutler. I am grateful both are gone. And I actually don't have a problem with football players swearing in the heat of the moment. That doesn't mean I don't think he's a douche for wanting to leave town because he didn't like the circumstances, nor do I think he is completely a victim of circumstances. He's earned his reputation as a selfish whiner both for how he plays and how he's handled himself to at least one franchise, the media and fans. So I don't feel sorry for him for how the media goes after him (admittedly excessively for stupid stuff.) because his actions have painted that picture of him.

I said when he was traded to be careful what he wishes for. Behind that garbage offensive line in a more omnipresent media environment he's getting everything he asked for.

extremely accurate post....

there is a poster here who talks about "witch hunts" very often....I'm trying to start my own and find the posters who apparently "hate" Tebow...there is also a group that still "supports" McDaniels. Can someone please give me a list of who is a part of either of these groups??? I know Jhizz has it somewhere

On a side note, I think Carson Palmer has thrown himself into the whiny QB list. He was on a team that gave him the contract he wanted and then they went out and did everything they could in the draft to help him out (WR and TE on the first day), not to mention they signed and perhaps overpaid the running back who put up good numbers the year before. Instead he refuses to show up, threatens with retirement and gets what he wants. My hope is that he tanks and the Raiders fanbase calls for his head

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 08:47 AM
You suck.

No.

nice post....rep for a very solid contribution to the board

per usual

jhns
10-21-2011, 08:49 AM

You are a clown. You constantly cried that I wouldn't say nice things about the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. Now you show that you still aren't over him. Good job...

I do not claim that everyone who disagrees with me is a McFan. I claim that those still defending his horrible moves, are McFans. Just look at this post for proof.

Even if you claim Rivers was better(and LOL at using playoffs as a judge for pro bowl voting...), he would have taken the much worse Favres place. He would not have taken Cutlers place.

Cutler was not mad about his coordinator leaving. Everyone in the organization, including McDaniels, said those reports were false. Funny that they came out after the Cassel crap, as if all these reporters were just sitting on that offseason story... Common sense also says you are wrong. He was at the facility working in his off time, right up until McDaniels wamted to trade him. We saw what he did when he got upset. Your theory doesn't make amy sense. Your entire post just proves my point.

jhns
10-21-2011, 08:51 AM
nice post....rep for a very solid contribution to the board

per usual

You did see the post that I responded to, right? I meam, you did write it.

You are such a clown.

TheReverend
10-21-2011, 08:56 AM
extremely accurate post....

No it isn't.

At the time show me one post/poster that hated "what Cutler did" (which is still "nothing") AND hated McDaniels?

And he NEVER said Cutler played better than Rivers that year. Not once. In fact, what he said was even INCLUDING Rivers, he still makes the pro bowl. Favre was the joke and undeserved pro bowl addition that season... NOT Cutler.

Dodges the point? It was the off-season! When players are HOME. Hell, he had spent all of his free time working on the new offense with McDaniels until the trade talks came up AND had come back in for meetings (ones that Bowlen couldn't be bothered to walk down the hall to). Never mind the fact that he publicly stated he'd be in for minicamps less than a week away from when he was traded.

So after the trade you feel he should take a special flight to Denver to drop his playbook off before taking a flight to Chicago where he can start working with his current team and coaches?

And everything he asked for? You mean he just went to a Championship game while we're drafted 2 overall? Yeah! We sure showed him!

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 08:59 AM
No it isn't.

At the time show me one post/poster that hated "what Cutler did" (which is still "nothing") AND hated McDaniels?

And he NEVER said Cutler played better than Rivers that year. Not once. In fact, what he said was even INCLUDING Rivers, he still makes the pro bowl. Favre was the joke and undeserved pro bowl addition that season... NOT Cutler.

Dodges the point? It was the off-season! When players are HOME. Hell, he had spent all of his free time working on the new offense with McDaniels until the trade talks came up AND had come back in for meetings (ones that Bowlen couldn't be bothered to walk down the hall to). Never mind the fact that he publicly stated he'd be in for minicamps less than a week away from when he was traded.

So after the trade you feel he should take a special flight to Denver to drop his playbook off before taking a flight to Chicago where he can start working with his current team and coaches?
And everything he asked for? You mean he just went to a Championship game while we're drafted 2 overall? Yeah! We sure showed him!

according to the timeline as I understand it, Cutler had his daddy drop off his playbook as part of his "I want out" routine. Not saying who started the dance, but this was part of it.

TheReverend
10-21-2011, 09:03 AM
according to the timeline as I understand it, Cutler had his daddy drop off his playbook as part of his "I want out" routine. Not saying who started the dance, but this was part of it.

Per usual, your "understanding" (and I put quotes around it because that's a tenuous use of the word, at best) is wrong.

He was traded April 2nd. Playbook was turned in by his dad on the 3rd.

jhns
10-21-2011, 09:08 AM

As if you actually have understood anything you have ever read...

You are completely wrong.

jhns
10-21-2011, 09:12 AM
No it isn't.

That Rivers snub still makes me laugh. Even after Favre was replaced because he couldn't play, they went to Kerry Collins. Collins only had 2,700 yards, 12 TDs, and 7 Ints. Rivers had 4,000 yards, 34 TDs, and 11 Ints. Favre had 3,500 yards, 22 TDs, 22 Ints.

Everyone hates Rivers!

I did claim Cutler had the second best season, which might be wrong. Manning and Rivers should have probably been ahead of him. The point still stands though, Cutler earned that pro bowl in his second season starting. It amazes me that people still defend getting rid of him. I can only imagine what he would have turned into if he continued to develope with this offense.

gunns
10-21-2011, 09:16 AM
I thought his press conferences were fine, you could tell he didn't like losing.. He was disgusted, people have their own way of voicing their disapproval with there play.

Sure he was disgusted with losing. If you read what I posted his disgust with losing was manifested by throwing his teammates under the bus while NOT voicing disapproval with his own play. That's what I saw.

How much of Orton's stats came when the game was up for grabs? You can't compare garbage time stats. You can't argue Orton, he was the worst QB in 3rd down and in the red zone! Those are facts, Orton this year was in the bottom half in every category.

I compared last years stats, since it was a full year. I'm not a fan of Orton's, never have liked him being here but the fact of the matter is they had comparable stats and Orton's were actually better. As I recall Cutler had the same problem in the red zone when he was here so I still question how we would be that much better off. Cutler was great at yardage but yardage will not win you games without TD's. See Orton.

The defense did just enough except for the packers game, which was still winnable if Orton didn't throw 3 picks. The other games the defense kept us in the game, we lost because we didn't score enough points. Which brings back the point of our previous QB, Orton being the near the bottom half of the league in scoring while in the Red Zone

The defense is definitely improving but, please, it is no where near the Bears. Yes Orton killed us, but our defense against the Packers wasn't going to last and it didn't. Cutler, with our defense, would do possibly a pinch better (like I said a couple of more point against the Bengals) and probably the same. Cutler had about twice as many INTs as Orton last year, Orton has almost twice as many as Cutler this year. They are interchangeable. Cutler hasn't shown me anything that would make me think he would lead this Bronco team any further than they are.

TheReverend
10-21-2011, 09:18 AM
That Rivers snub still makes me laugh. Even after Favre was replaced because he couldn't play, they went to Kerry Collins. Collins only had 2,700 yards, 12 TDs, and 7 Ints. Rivers had 4,000 yards, 34 TDs, and 11 Ints. Favre had 3,500 yards, 22 TDs, 22 Ints.

Everyone hates Rivers!

I thought I remembered Rivers declining after Favre couldnt make it and Collins being the 5th/6th option?

jhns
10-21-2011, 09:19 AM
I thought I remembered Rivers declining after Favre couldnt make it and Collins being the 5th/6th option?

That would make sense. I don't remember though.

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 09:22 AM
Per usual, your "understanding" (and I put quotes around it because that's a tenuous use of the word, at best) is wrong.

He was traded April 2nd. Playbook was turned in by his dad on the 3rd.

this is the beauty of the podcast...

now when I read your posts, I know exactly what tone and octave of douchebaggery to read them with in my head...much more enjoyable

Kaylore
10-21-2011, 09:23 AM
No it isn't.

At the time McDaniels hadn't pissed very many people off yet. That's not my point. My point is there are few Cutler fans in Denver in general and even fewer McDaniels fans. The suggestion that you're a McDaniels fan if you hate Cutler is total garbage.

And he NEVER said Cutler played better than Rivers that year. Not once. In fact, what he said was even INCLUDING Rivers, he still makes the pro bowl. Favre was the joke and undeserved pro bowl addition that season... NOT Cutler. Favre was the first one. You can argue he didn't deserve it (he didn't) but he was the first QB.

No, I never said he should have taken in his playbook. If all he did was have his dad drop off his playbook, there would be no issue. Next to all the lies, refusal to meet man to man without his agent, getting feelings hurt because someone asked about him in a trade, whining to his players, pissing off fans and being a dick to the media in general, it looks bad.

Perfect example. That single game did more to further damage his image around the league and solidify the negative opinions the public at large has of him. Playing in the NFCCG should be considered awesome on paper. For Cutler it was his biggest fail against his greatest opportunity to this point in his career. I remember that pathetic story of him crying in locker room afterwards. Players all over the league were ripping on him. And it was never a "we'll show you" thing. It was a "well good luck with that" thing. To this point he's been able to play on the team he grew up watching as a child and close to home. He's also been ridiculed and destroyed in the media (many times fairly, many times not) for his behavior. He's also got a certifiable crazy man for an offensive coordinator and a sieve offensive line. My point was he made his bed and he has to lay in it.

TheReverend
10-21-2011, 09:26 AM
this is the beauty of the podcast...

now when I read your posts, I know exactly what tone and octave of douchebaggery to read them with in my head...much more enjoyable

Well I'm just glad you can get something out it since we've already established your level of "understanding".

Requiem
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Miss I. makes my bed and then I lay in it.

jhns
10-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Sure he was disgusted with losing. If you read what I posted his disgust with losing was manifested by throwing his teammates under the bus while NOT voicing disapproval with his own play. That's what I saw.

I compared last years stats, since it was a full year. I'm not a fan of Orton's, never have liked him being here but the fact of the matter is they had comparable stats and Orton's were actually better. As I recall Cutler had the same problem in the red zone when he was here so I still question how we would be that much better off. Cutler was great at yardage but yardage will not win you games without TD's. See Orton.

The defense is definitely improving but, please, it is no where near the Bears. Yes Orton killed us, but our defense against the Packers wasn't going to last and it didn't. Cutler, with our defense, would do possibly a pinch better (like I said a couple of more point against the Bengals) and probably the same. Cutler had about twice as many INTs as Orton last year, Orton has almost twice as many as Cutler this year. They are interchangeable. Cutler hasn't shown me anything that would make me think he would lead this Bronco team any further than they are.

You only help prove my point. Cutler always said he needed to play better. He also didn't throw his teammates under the bus. People claimed that he did ONE time and that was only when taking his comments out of context. You believe what you say because it was your justification for what McDaniels did.

You are trying to now claim that Orton is as good as Cutler... You keep claiming Cutler has a defense and Orton didn't. Well, Cutler also won his team multiple games. Orton didn't. Cutler has crap around him on offense. Orton had stars everywhere. Cutler won 8 games with the same horrible defense Orton won 3 games with last season. Cutler put up 4,700 yards and 27 TDs with this offense. This was Cutlers third year, vs Ortons seventh...

You refuse to live in reality as you say my post about McFans is wrong. You are proving it isn't.

TheReverend
10-21-2011, 09:33 AM
At the time McDaniels hadn't pissed very many people off yet. That's not my point. My point is there are few Cutler fans in Denver in general and even fewer McDaniels fans. The suggestion that you're a McDaniels fan if you hate Cutler is total garbage.

Nice backtracking :) And of course few people liked Cutler at that point after they slandered him publicly for months in the media.

Favre was the first one. You can argue he didn't deserve it (he didn't) but he was the first QB.

Peyton Manning will be astounded to hear about this revisionist history.

No, I never said he should have taken in his playbook. If all he did was have his dad drop off his playbook, there would be no issue. Next to all the lies, refusal to meet man to man without his agent, getting feelings hurt because someone asked about him in a trade, whining to his players, pissing off fans and being a dick to the media in general, it looks bad.

You're saying it "dodges the point". It doesn't dodge any point. It's one of many things people use to bash him that are just complete fallacies.

Perfect example. That single game did more to further damage his image around the league and solidify the negative opinions the public at large has of him. Playing in the NFCCG should be considered awesome on paper. For Cutler it was his biggest fail against his greatest opportunity to this point in his career. I remember that pathetic story of him crying in locker room afterwards. Players all over the league were ripping on him. And it was never a "we'll show you" thing. It was a "well good luck with that" thing. To this point he's been able to play on the team he grew up watching as a child and close to home. He's also been ridiculed and destroyed in the media (many times fairly, many times not) for his behavior. He's also got a certifiable crazy man for an offensive coordinator and a sieve offensive line. My point was he made his bed and he has to lay in it.

There were like 4 players who said anything after that game and probably damn near 100 who defended him...

So yeah ::)

jhns
10-21-2011, 09:34 AM

Favre was the first one. You can argue he didn't deserve it (he didn't) but he was the first QB.

Favre was second behind Manning. You are saying we need to take guys out, but then claim it doesn't matter who actually was worse? Real intelligent.

Who cares what others think of him? That is such a lame argument. None of his teammates have ever had a problem with him. Only one coach has ever had a problem with him. In fact, everyone that actually knows Cutler, defends him(other than McDaniels). The fact that you use media spin as justification of your opinion, only proves my point.

No one else has a problem with Cutler. Multiple people had problems with McDaniels. From this, we get that Cutler is the bad guy that everyone hates... McFan.

BlueandOrange32
10-21-2011, 10:11 AM

Someone like JHNS who I have on ignore for reason would never get it. Cutler is as much of a spoiled, self entitled pile of crap as anyone we will ever see. He is the second coming of Jeff George. He is virtually identical.

I personally couldnt stand Cutler when he was with the Broncos. I know he told Shanahan in a game the same thing. It was in 2007 and he just threw a second pick against the Raiders. He turned his back on Shanahan. He is a punk and piece of crap. I couldnt care less what kind of success he has. The divas on this team are gone and I am glad. Looks like that includes Peyton Hillis, if anyone wants to acknowledge what he is acting like. Plus, if anyone thinks Shanahan would have tolerated the 8 fumbles Hillis had last year that led the NFL, then you have no clue about Shanahan.

I love too how JHNS brings up pro bowl. Anyone know they use decide on pro bowl selections by week 13? Does anyone know when and why they dont do that anymore? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, let me clue jhns into something. It was after the 2008 season, when the Broncos were 8-5 and the Chargers were 5-8. Cutler was voted in and it was based on records of the teams.

Well, Cutler ended up the season as the 16th rated passer, while Rivers on the AFC West champions was the #1 rated passer. Also, Pennington was the #2 rated passer that year on an 11-5 team. Yet, Cutler made it. Cause of what? The 4500 yards, on 616 attempts where he was 10th inthe NFL in YPA. Oh, he led the NFL that year in red zone picks (ofcourse). He was only sacked 11 times in 616 attempts and and had pro bowl WRs who led the NFL in YAC. Oh, but the Broncos had 7 RBs. That will be his excuse.

Oh, right. The big mistake was trading up to draft Cutler in the first place. That destroyed Plummers confidence. Plummer was a pro bowler in 2005. Oh, doesnt count? He led the team to 3 straight play off appearances, inlcuding a 13 win season and win over the SB champion Pats in the play offs. The simple fact is this organization has been a joke since 2006, the year they drafted that punk. Fact.

They should have drafted Ngata like I wanted them to that season. Plus, Cutler wanted out when Shanahan and Bates left. You all dont lend any credence to the Peter King article which came out before any rumor. I guess he made that up according to jhns.

JHNS hatred for everything Mcdaniels and love for everything Cutler is a joke. He has no ability to see things objectively.

Mcdaniels sucks, but the Bears could never get 2 firsts and a 3rd for Cutler right now. Fact.

jhns
10-21-2011, 10:50 AM
They should have drafted Ngata like I wanted them to that season. Plus, Cutler wanted out when Shanahan and Bates left. You all dont lend any credence to the Peter King article which came out before any rumor. I guess he made that up according to jhns.

Not that we should expect more from such an illiterate person, but this is false. That report came out after the Cassel trade crap. No one repoted it when it supposedly happened. Not one person. I'm sure they just sat on that offseason story because reporters want to protect Cutler... Oh, and everyone involved said that story was false. You are the objective one though... LOL

You say you are objective as you blame Cutler. Cutler has never had a problem with any other person he has worked with. McDaniels had many problems with others. McFan logic at its finest...

jhns
10-21-2011, 11:01 AM
It is pretty funny that people think they can just talk out their ass in the age of information.

Here you go Mr. Objective McFan:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/01/freeagency/index.html

There is Peter King making the claim. Before making the claim, he talks a ton about the Cassel trade crap. Peter King can see the future according to you...

McFans don't live in reality. You guys love to prove my point.

Miss I.
10-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Miss I. makes my bed and then I lay in it.

Hey now. Hey, that is clearly a falsehood. I never make beds. ;D

Turd_Ferguson
10-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Jay Cutler is an a-hole.

So are Dan Marino Tom Brady Peyton Manning Steve Young and Philip Rivers, but everybody calls them being a-holes leadership. Anyone ever see that Americas Game in which Steve Young explains he wanted to fight George Seifert, and called him every name in the book?

jhns
10-21-2011, 11:12 AM
So are Dan Marino Tom Brady Peyton Manning Steve Young and Philip Rivers, but everybody calls them being a-holes leadership. Anyone ever see that Americas Game in which Steve Young explains he wanted to fight George Seifert, and called him every name in the book?

I find it funny when fans start caring about a football players personality. They seem to think you need to be a nice guy to run as fast as you can into another guy. Elway had the same kind of immaturity complaints that Cutler gets. Peyton straight threw his line under the bus. Some fans need to realize that the NFL isn't match.com. The players probably aren't interested in dating them...

"He is a good player, but his personality just isn't what I'm looking for in a man."

Kaylore
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Someone like JHNS who I have on ignore for reason would never get it. Cutler is as much of a spoiled, self entitled pile of crap as anyone we will ever see. He is the second coming of Jeff George. He is virtually identical.

I personally couldnt stand Cutler when he was with the Broncos. I know he told Shanahan in a game the same thing. It was in 2007 and he just threw a second pick against the Raiders. He turned his back on Shanahan. He is a punk and piece of crap. I couldnt care less what kind of success he has. The divas on this team are gone and I am glad. Looks like that includes Peyton Hillis, if anyone wants to acknowledge what he is acting like. Plus, if anyone thinks Shanahan would have tolerated the 8 fumbles Hillis had last year that led the NFL, then you have no clue about Shanahan.

I love too how JHNS brings up pro bowl. Anyone know they use decide on pro bowl selections by week 13? Does anyone know when and why they dont do that anymore? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, let me clue jhns into something. It was after the 2008 season, when the Broncos were 8-5 and the Chargers were 5-8. Cutler was voted in and it was based on records of the teams.

Well, Cutler ended up the season as the 16th rated passer, while Rivers on the AFC West champions was the #1 rated passer. Also, Pennington was the #2 rated passer that year on an 11-5 team. Yet, Cutler made it. Cause of what? The 4500 yards, on 616 attempts where he was 10th inthe NFL in YPA. Oh, he led the NFL that year in red zone picks (ofcourse). He was only sacked 11 times in 616 attempts and and had pro bowl WRs who led the NFL in YAC. Oh, but the Broncos had 7 RBs. That will be his excuse.

Oh, right. The big mistake was trading up to draft Cutler in the first place. That destroyed Plummers confidence. Plummer was a pro bowler in 2005. Oh, doesnt count? He led the team to 3 straight play off appearances, inlcuding a 13 win season and win over the SB champion Pats in the play offs. The simple fact is this organization has been a joke since 2006, the year they drafted that punk. Fact.

JHNS hatred for everything Mcdaniels and love for everything Cutler is a joke. He has no ability to see things objectively.

Mcdaniels sucks, but the Bears could never get 2 firsts and a 3rd for Cutler right now. Fact.

jhns
10-21-2011, 11:22 AM

^ An extremely obvious McTroll.

Turd_Ferguson
10-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I find it funny when fans start caring about a football players personality. They seem to think you need to be a nice guy to run as fast as you can into another guy. Elway had the same kind of immaturity complaints that Cutler gets. Peyton straight threw his line under the bus. Some fans need to realize that the NFL isn't match.com. The players probably aren't interested in dating them...

"He is a good player, but his personality just isn't what I'm looking for in a man."

The funny thing is when people talk about Cutler like they would rather have Kyle Orton and Brady Quinn over Cutler. Why? oh cause he is spoiled... Who gives a crap most QBs in the NFL are. Jeff Saturday literally had to tell Manning to go F himself to get him to stop yelling at him and they are suppose to be best pals. Million other examples but no one wants to hear that. I liked Plummer too, but he didnt have a good arm and thats something that, unlike being spoiled or a cry baby, you cant over look.

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 02:39 PM
^ An extremely obvious McTroll.

take your McDaniels obsession to the Rams board...he coaches there now

jhns
10-21-2011, 02:48 PM
take your McDaniels obsession to the Rams board...he coaches there now

Take your McDaniels love to the Rams board... He coaches there now.

vancejohnson82
10-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Take your McDaniels love to the Rams board... He coaches there now.

take a second and look up how many times you've posted his name on this board since he left....you might surprise yourself

TheChamp24
10-21-2011, 02:55 PM
All I want to say is I wanted to have Cutler stay here, not be traded. I also remember hating the pick of Cutler, but thats beside the point.
Taking Cutler instead of shoring up the DL set us back.
However, trading Cutler set us back again.

strafen
10-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Well I'm just glad you can get something out it since we've already established your level of "understanding".And what level is that?
You're giving the guy too much credit! :~ohyah!: