wow

a 1st and 2nd, that is nuts.

Dumb Raiders.... (i hope)

vancejohnson82
10-19-2011, 11:42 AM
I hear we might be trading Lloyd

dbfan21
10-19-2011, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't have traded that much. The next 2 years are going to be really rough for the Raiders when it comes time for the draft. Hey - I ain't complaining!

crush17
10-19-2011, 11:48 AM
We landed on the moon!

Ratboy
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't have traded that much. The next 2 years are going to be really rough for the Raiders when it comes time for the draft. Hey - I ain't complaining!

They have a solid team already. If Palmer can play, they may win the AFC West.

ludo21
10-19-2011, 11:49 AM
was there a thread? anyway, big news is worth 2 ;D

jhns
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM
I didn't have much of an opinion on Palmer before yesterday. Now I see him as a little bitch that is horrible at football.

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
If Palmer reverts to what he was in 05/06 then the Raiders won the trade.

Don't forget, we gained the same **** from Chicago for a younger QB in Cutler.

How did that turn out?

Houshyamama
10-19-2011, 12:03 PM
was there a thread? anyway, big news is worth 2 ;D

It's okay guys, he's a limo driver.

NFLBRONCO
10-19-2011, 12:09 PM
I'd only care if we were good we aren't who cares if Palmer does good. He will be retired by the time we win alot.

Pony Boy
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Most of the talking heads on NFL Sirius think this a great trade for the Raiders. Palmer can make all the throws including the deep ball that Campbell couldn't and with a hot McFadden in the backfield itís a deadly combination of strength and skill...... humm I think they might be making a good point.

But I guess they didn't consult all the armchair GM's on the Mane.....

mhgaffney
10-19-2011, 12:18 PM
After the way Palmer crashed and burned in Cincy, a first and second ??

Wow.

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I'd only care if we were good we aren't who cares if Palmer does good. He will be retired by the time we win alot.

He's only 31...if we're waiting for him to be retired (if he's good) till we're winning then we're definitely a complete **** organization.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2011, 12:37 PM
wow

Dumb Raiders.... (i hope)

the raiders have like 2 picks left for the 2012 draft and I think they are both mid to late round picks.

Jetmeck
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
If he can get back to his old form is very questionable, the guy was never right after the Steelers took out his knee.....................

Mountain Bronco
10-19-2011, 12:45 PM
If he can get back to his old form is very questionable, the guy was never right after the Steelers took out his knee.....................

This is true, but if he can that is a good trade for the Faiders.

Tombstone RJ
10-19-2011, 12:49 PM
this could be a huge win for the faiders if Palmer gets back to form. they have the running game and a good defense, now they have a motivated QB who has a history with Jackson.

that being said they have given up a lot for Palmer. It may be as high as two first round picks, plus Palmer is averageing like $13m a season through 2015.

tebowisdabomb
10-19-2011, 01:01 PM
Water is wet

Drunk Monkey
10-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Remember Gannon, he had some monster years late in his career. They have had success with older QB's in the past.

chevy369
10-19-2011, 01:11 PM
r

maher_tyler
10-19-2011, 01:21 PM
He had a good run game in Cincy with Benson and still didn't play that well. 83.6/82.4 QBRs the last two years. We'll see but i think they gave up to much to get him. I wouldn't have offered anything more than a 2nd at best.

DarkHorse30
10-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Palmer is another USC QB that has turned out to be only average. Raiders are idiots for paying that much for him.

Interesting that some talking heads can't bring themselves to say anything bad about this move.....when everybody and their dog knows that Palmer isn't that healthy, isn't that good, and is a bit of a whiner when things go south. His last 2 years include a playoff drubbing by another average USC QB (Sanchez) and then a 10 game losing streak when he decided to screw the Bengals. They drafted a TE in the first and a WR in the 3rd....but Carson wanted to quit. Because he's a quitter.

I can't think of a better way for Oakland to wreck whatever good they had going this year.

Archer81
10-19-2011, 01:44 PM
Well...I suppose when Raider games are on I'll have a very nice ass to look at...

:Broncos:

SportinOne
10-19-2011, 02:49 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?

A. They gave up a first AND a second????

B. ESPN says he is STARTING this weekend? Like a quarterback can just jump into a new system and be successful overnight?

the raiders finally get something going.. and it seems as if they are destined to watch it all go down the drain like many of their fans should have long ago..

Archer81
10-19-2011, 03:12 PM
WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!?

A. They gave up a first AND a second????

B. ESPN says he is STARTING this weekend? Like a quarterback can just jump into a new system and be successful overnight?

the raiders finally get something going.. and it seems as if they are destined to watch it all go down the drain like many of their fans should have long ago..

Palmer worked with Jackson in Cinci. System is probably similar. At the least they get a 1st and 2nd rounder. If Oakland makes an AFC Championship game this season or next season, the 2nd rounder becomes a 1st for Cinci.

:Broncos:

Bronx33
10-19-2011, 03:17 PM
I officially don't like palmer now.

Ugly Duck
10-19-2011, 04:12 PM

You forget that Oakland's picks will probably be at the end of those rounds. Not quite as bad as Denver trading its 1 & 2.

Raiders will probably only have two 3rds, two 5ths, & a 6th in the draft. They used everything else up on

Former #1 overall QB Palmer
OT Barksdale
RB Taiwan Jones
QB Terrel Pryor
Former #17 overall QB Jason Campbell (broken)
Former #4 overall LB Aaron Curry

Agamemnon
10-20-2011, 04:46 AM
Raiders will probably only have two 3rds, two 5ths, & a 6th in the draft. They used everything else up on

Not good for a team that is still far from complete.

BroncoInferno
10-21-2011, 02:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7131706/carson-palmer-oakland-raiders-unlikely-play-sunday-all-source-says

The expectation within the Oakland Raiders organization that quarterback Carson Palmer would start Sunday against Kansas City has shifted to where two people familiar with the situation now believe it is unlikely that will happen.

No final decision has been made.

"I'm 95 percent sure he is not going to play," one source close to the situation said Friday afternoon. "Practicing Wednesday and Thursday, he felt he's not ready to make those high-velocity throws yet. Maybe they could decide something at the last minute, but I don't think he's going to play."

When Oakland acquired Palmer this week, certain Raiders coaches expected their new quarterback would start Sunday, though head coach Hue Jackson has maintained Palmer will be a game-time decision.

Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders even told a Kansas City radio station that if Palmer "is breathing, he's playing."

But as the week has gone on, and Palmer has shared reps with both Kyle Boller and Terrelle Pryor, it has become obvious that it would not be a simple transition from injured Jason Campbell to Palmer.

Aside from the physical concerns with Palmer, who before this week had not practiced this season while holding out from the Cincinnati Bengals, there are mental ones as well. If the Raiders resisted the urge to start Palmer on Sunday, they then would have two weeks to prep him before their next game at home against the Broncos. Oakland's bye weekend is next weekend.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Best part is that above. Palmer is working his magic so far against the Raiders by not being ready to play. Hopefully Chiefs now can go after Kyle (not Orton) Boller and scrap a unexpected win. So nice if Palmer ends up as the 2nd QB instead of the 1st. Hate to hate on a SC guy but now that he is a Faider, he can rot like Allen and Buerlien did on that team.

BroncoInferno
10-21-2011, 03:04 PM
"I'm 95 percent sure he is not going to play," one source close to the situation said Friday afternoon. "Practicing Wednesday and Thursday, he felt he's not ready to make those high-velocity throws yet.

This is the part that concerns me if I'm a Raider fan. A lot of folks point to the knee injury Palmer suffered as the point when he's play started to take a dip. But it was actually the injury to his passing arm that caused him to miss the majority the 2008 season that seems to have been the turning point. His arm has looked much weaker since that time, particularly considering he was once regarded as having one of the best arms in the league. The above suggests that that situation may not have improved much.

broncocalijohn
10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
It seems raiders went full retard (again) and didn't try him out beforev they made the deal. If so, classic raiders and the al davis show continues.

maher_tyler
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Best part is that above. Palmer is working his magic so far against the Raiders by not being ready to play. Hopefully Chiefs now can go after Kyle (not Orton) Boller and scrap a unexpected win. So nice if Palmer ends up as the 2nd QB instead of the 1st. Hate to hate on a SC guy but now that he is a Faider, he can rot like Allen and Buerlien did on that team.

Raiders will only throw when they have to. If they get up on KC early, they'll continue to run the ball. I bet Boller has around 25 attempts max. But i hope you're right.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Looks like Boller is starting.

Chiefs are going to beat the **** out of Oakland and San Diego and get back in first place in this division bitches.

Maximus
10-21-2011, 04:28 PM

Chiefs are going to beat the **** out of Oakland and San Diego and get back in first place in this division b****es.

Want to put your OM membership on it?

DENVERDUI55
10-21-2011, 08:32 PM

Chiefs are going to beat the **** out of Oakland and San Diego and get back in first place in this division b****es.

So your off the we are going for Luck now we suck wagon?

Agamemnon
10-22-2011, 05:07 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7131706/carson-palmer-oakland-raiders-unlikely-play-sunday-all-source-says

The expectation within the Oakland Raiders organization that quarterback Carson Palmer would start Sunday against Kansas City has shifted to where two people familiar with the situation now believe it is unlikely that will happen.

No final decision has been made.

"I'm 95 percent sure he is not going to play," one source close to the situation said Friday afternoon. "Practicing Wednesday and Thursday, he felt he's not ready to make those high-velocity throws yet. Maybe they could decide something at the last minute, but I don't think he's going to play."

When Oakland acquired Palmer this week, certain Raiders coaches expected their new quarterback would start Sunday, though head coach Hue Jackson has maintained Palmer will be a game-time decision.

Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders even told a Kansas City radio station that if Palmer "is breathing, he's playing."

But as the week has gone on, and Palmer has shared reps with both Kyle Boller and Terrelle Pryor, it has become obvious that it would not be a simple transition from injured Jason Campbell to Palmer.

Aside from the physical concerns with Palmer, who before this week had not practiced this season while holding out from the Cincinnati Bengals, there are mental ones as well. If the Raiders resisted the urge to start Palmer on Sunday, they then would have two weeks to prep him before their next game at home against the Broncos. Oakland's bye weekend is next weekend.

Why do I get the impression the Raiders are actually surprised that a washed up QB that hasn't played in months is not ready to start for them? The more things change, the more they stay the same... Hilarious!