PDA

View Full Version : Zoo animals

BlueandOrange32
10-19-2011, 08:01 AM
Bunch of zoo animals loose in Ohio. Lions tigers cheetah and bears.

http://www.krmg.com/news/news/local/dangerous-animals-escape-run-free-ohio/nFJmc/

jhns
10-19-2011, 08:07 AM
Twelve Monkeys!

oubronco
10-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Oh my

crowebomber
10-19-2011, 09:24 AM
OK, I'll say it before someone else. Can any of them play DT?

Gort
10-19-2011, 09:26 AM
Oh my

i see what you did there.

Smiling Assassin27
10-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Dogs and cats living together...MASS HYSTERIA.

myMind
10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
It's really too bad that they had to kill most of them. :(

ZONA
10-19-2011, 10:47 AM
Kill the stupid caretaker who let them all go.............doh. Seriously, what kind of loser, who has all those great animals, decides to off himself with a gun. Be a man and go wrestle one of those tigers boy, go on, get in there.

UberBroncoMan
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM

Agreed. ****ing lame.

zdoor
10-19-2011, 12:21 PM
How the hell does that happen??

bendog
10-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Ok so the Sheriff's office seems incapable of noticing they have a potential serial killer involved, and animal control is 4 deputies with AK-47s in a pick up truck. Brilliant.

jhns
10-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok so the Sheriff's office seems incapable of noticing they have a potential serial killer involved, and animal control is 4 deputies with AK-47s in a pick up truck. Brilliant.

Wtf?

You can't actually be as dumb as you seem...

Pony Boy
10-19-2011, 12:53 PM

Wow...... so much for the Lion King halloween costume

zdoor
10-19-2011, 12:54 PM
Wow...... so much for the Lion King halloween costume

LOL

alkemical
10-19-2011, 01:09 PM

I don't see anything on the serial killer topic, where'd you get that?

Rohirrim
10-19-2011, 01:13 PM
If you're going to open the cages of a whole bunch of man eating predators, don't you have to stand there for a moment thinking about the sequence? I'm guessing you start farthest away and move in the direction of the house, opening and running...

bendog
10-19-2011, 01:43 PM
I don't see anything on the serial killer topic, where'd you get that?

My bad. I was referencing a story, About the same animals, but from another site.

In the summer of 2010, an animal caretaker was killed by a bear at a property in Cleveland. The caretaker had opened the bear's cage at exotic-animal keeper Sam Mazzola's property for a routine feeding.

Though animal-rights activists had wanted Mazzola charged with reckless homicide, the caretaker's death was ruled a workplace accident. The bear was later destroyed.

This summer, Mazzola was found dead on a water bed, wearing a mask and with his arms and legs restrained, at his home in Columbia Township, about 15 miles southwest of Cleveland.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20111018/NEWS03/111018040/Exotic-animals-escape-Ohio-farm-owner-found-dead?odyssey=mod|mostview

you think SSJ is in on this? It sounds like his brand of kink. (-:

Still shooting the animals is a little sad.

alkemical
10-19-2011, 01:47 PM
My bad. I was referencing a story, About the same animals, but from another site.

In the summer of 2010, an animal caretaker was killed by a bear at a property in Cleveland. The caretaker had opened the bear's cage at exotic-animal keeper Sam Mazzola's property for a routine feeding.

Though animal-rights activists had wanted Mazzola charged with reckless homicide, the caretaker's death was ruled a workplace accident. The bear was later destroyed.

This summer, Mazzola was found dead on a water bed, wearing a mask and with his arms and legs restrained, at his home in Columbia Township, about 15 miles southwest of Cleveland.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20111018/NEWS03/111018040/Exotic-animals-escape-Ohio-farm-owner-found-dead?odyssey=mod|mostview

you think SSJ is in on this? It sounds like his brand of kink. (-:

Still shooting the animals is a little sad.

Nah, it'd probably be Larry who's behind that lol

bendog
10-19-2011, 01:54 PM
I can see the mask and arm and leg restraints, but I'm picturing a dead naked fat white man on his back dead on a waterbed. And it disturbs me.

bendog
10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Hey, it's Bob!

http://atomicgator.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/twip_100325_10-ss_full.jpg?w=497&h=405

Kaylore
10-19-2011, 03:03 PM
I, for one, welcome our new animal overlords...

smoke4815162342
10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
Isnt McD from that area?

Br0nc0Buster
10-19-2011, 08:44 PM
then they all met up with the apes in the redwood forest

Pony Boy
10-19-2011, 09:02 PM

56 exotic animals escaped from farm near Zanesville; 49 killed by authorities

The animals that were killed included 18 tigers, nine male lions, eight female lions, six black bears, three mountain lions, two grizzly bears, one baboon and two wolves.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/18/Wild-animals-loose-in-Muskingum-County.html

smoke4815162342
10-19-2011, 09:56 PM
56 exotic animals escaped from farm near Zanesville; 49 killed by authorities

The animals that were killed included 18 tigers, nine male lions, eight female lions, six black bears, three mountain lions, two grizzly bears, one baboon and two wolves.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2011/10/18/Wild-animals-loose-in-Muskingum-County.html

"The escaped monkey poses a danger because it is infected with herpes, the sheriff said."

Meck77
10-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Why would they kill the animals? That's BS. They could have tranquilized them. Sounds like trigger happy cops.

Good riddance to the owner.

NUB
10-19-2011, 10:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Wu2iu.jpg

Don't look if you are bothered my dead animals.

vancejohnson82
10-19-2011, 10:03 PM
in all honesty, the animals are probably more peaceful dead than living in Ohio

actually, most people might be more peaceful

Chris
10-19-2011, 10:10 PM
The reason they killed them was because it's apparently very dangerous to tranquilise an animal at night - they react differently, run off and hide, something to that effect. It was risky for the cops involved.

I'd rather have a dead tiger than a dead person... but it really is saddening.

Meck77
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
I'd rather have a dead tiger than a dead person...

Not me. Animals are much more innocent and humans are quite evil if you think about it.

vancejohnson82
10-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Not me. Animals are much more innocent and humans are quiet evil if you think about it.

my dog just **** on the floor.....

i doubt any of my people friends would do that.....well, most of them

El Jué
10-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Not me. Animals are much more innocent and humans are quite evil if you think about it.

Grew up in the city, did you?

maven
10-19-2011, 10:31 PM
It's sad they had to put down all those animals. I think there's something like 3-5K tigers on this planet.

NUB
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
It's not just risky to tranq large animals at night, but during the day too. Tranquilizers don't work on the big animals like the movies show. One of these big cats could rip your face off, and I mean that literally, with a single swipe. They are dangerous animals and it is an unfortunate measure that had to be taken.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-19-2011, 11:49 PM
It's coming right for us!

houghtam
10-19-2011, 11:58 PM
It's not just risky to tranq large animals at night, but during the day too. Tranquilizers don't work on the big animals like the movies show. One of these big cats could rip your face off, and I mean that literally, with a single swipe. They are dangerous animals and it is an unfortunate measure that had to be taken.

Which is why "exotic pets" shouldn't be had in the first place. Leave the animals in their rightful place and we'll be fine.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
in all honesty, the animals are probably more peaceful dead than living in Ohio

actually, most people might be more peaceful

Are you kidding me?

bwahaha....you live in Newark, New Jersey and you want to bag on Ohio?

Newark, New Jersey is the **** hole of the free world.

New Jersey....The Garbage State....err Garden State.

UberBroncoMan
10-20-2011, 12:49 AM

All lined up like that...talk about a massacre.

24champ
10-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Why would they kill the animals? That's BS. They could have tranquilized them. Sounds like trigger happy cops.

Threat to the public, they gunned down this bengal that was on the loose around here in Socal. The owner had insufficient cages and the big Bengal broke out, was on the lamb for a week. ****ing thing ended up near a school and a park where the kids play. Even with that location, there was a giant uproar over the shoot to kill order by the Sheriff and the city paid for a plaque at this park in honor of the lion. :rofl:

People just don't realize a couple kids could have been lunch.

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
my dog just **** on the floor.....

i doubt any of my people friends would do that.....well, most of them

Me thinks that mix of Alpo and Ambien was a no no.... :P

TDmvp
10-20-2011, 01:31 AM

Like 24Champ said threat to the public.

This was a rural neighborhood and tranquilizers aren't something you just have pre-made for something like this.

By the time you figured out what all animals you was dealing with and dosages needed and all that stuff you could of had loss of life.

It's a shame but this was about all they could do. The owner not only opened the cage doors but damaged the cages so you couldn't use them to rehouse the animals if caught.

But if in the time you tried to get a capture team rounded up and tranqs prepped some family lost a child to one of these animals the state would have a whole different problem then , so killing them was all they could do.

Gort
10-20-2011, 01:33 AM
All lined up like that...talk about a massacre.

it is very sad. those are impressive animals and don't get me started on the cops who get their rocks off killing things (if you don't believe me, google about the epidemic of cops shooting people's pets, but that's another rant), but the reality is that these are apex predators and nobody there was equipped to trap or tranquilize all of these animals on short notice. this was a public safety issue and they had to find and shoot these animals quickly because somebody's kid, or pet, or livestock was going to end up getting eaten in the near future if they didn't. the guy who offed himself and set these animals loose was a POS for doing that. he's really the one who signed their death warrants.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2011, 01:45 AM
I agree....I'm pissed that these animals had to be shot and killed like they were.

However, that's not exactly a scenario you can prepare for and at night, they almost had no other choice. Their job is to protect the public and that was probably the most effective way to ensure that.

I don't like it one bit, but I understand what had to be done. It's that **** bag that kept them that was culpable for their deaths.

That said, I don't doubt those good old boys in Zanesville minded riding around in trucks blasting exotic animals with high powered rifles all night.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2011, 02:10 AM
On a side note, black bears have been making a nice comeback in Ohio the last several years.

I think there were 164 sightings of black bears in Ohio in 2010....up from 119 sightings in 2009.

Most of the black bears in Ohio are on the eastern border counties, where black bears have been expanding their boundaries from Pennsylvania and West Virginia into Ohio.

Muskingum County, where this fiasco occurred, had one black bear sighting in 2010.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Imagine the public outcry if anyone were to be injured or killed by an escaped lion/tiger/bear/ohmy while trying to humanely round up and capture said escapees.

On a separate note, I loled at the news that a monkey with herpes remains on the loose. Reminds me of something....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zEAUt-QHKkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TDmvp
10-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Just seen on the news here locally that they also tried to tranq the first of the tigers they encountered. Either do to not having time to prep dosage or the shear power of the animal it didn't even phase the animal and turned to attack the woman who shot the dart and they had to put it down.

TDmvp
10-20-2011, 02:18 AM
Imagine the public outcry if anyone were to be injured or killed by an escaped lion/tiger/bear/ohmy while trying to humanely round up and capture said escapees.

On a separate note, I loled at the news that a monkey with herpes remains on the loose. Reminds me of something....

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zEAUt-QHKkw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They also just said on the local here they are now pretty sure that monkey was ate by one of the tigers.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-20-2011, 02:20 AM
They also just said on the local here they are now pretty sure that monkey was ate by one of the tigers.

Great.... tigers with STD's. Hide yo wife. Hide yo kids.

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2011, 02:27 AM
I don't have any problem with the tiger eating the monkey....the monkey probably had it coming.

If I were the monkey, I would have done this to the cops:

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sHJQ3CoJvUo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sHJQ3CoJvUo?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

SouthStndJunkie
10-20-2011, 02:28 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDboSKyjtIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iDboSKyjtIc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Bronco Yoda
10-20-2011, 04:18 AM

Problem is it can take several min. to take affect. In the meantime an agitated animal can and will charge you. And you have to get real close to use these guns. They interviewed on lady who tried to tranq one of the cats but the animal charged here almost immediately afterwords. They had to put it down before it reached her.

A sad factoid about this. According to CNN there's only around 1,400 Bengals tigers in the world. They shot 18 yesterday.

TDmvp
10-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Problem is it can take several min. to take affect. In the meantime an agitated animal can and will charge you. And you have to get real close to use these guns. They interviewed on lady who tried to tranq one of the cats but the animal charged here almost immediately afterwords. They had to put it down before it reached her.

A sad factoid about this. According to CNN there's only around 1,400 Bengals tigers in the world. They shot 18 yesterday.

1400 in the wild was the actual stat. There is more in captivity then in the wild.

jhns
10-20-2011, 07:02 AM

Maybe you should have rushed down there to execute this brilliant plan.

BlueandOrange32
10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
I agree....I'm pissed that these animals had to be shot and killed like they were.

However, that's not exactly a scenario you can prepare for and at night, they almost had no other choice. Their job is to protect the public and that was probably the most effective way to ensure that.

I don't like it one bit, but I understand what had to be done. It's that **** bag that kept them that was culpable for their deaths.

That said, I don't doubt those good old boys in Zanesville minded riding around in trucks blasting exotic animals with high powered rifles all night.

I blame the state of Ohio and other states allowing individuals to own such animals in the first place.

There is a massive Python problem in South Florida now and it will only get worse.

There are also indivduals allowed to own poisonous snakes. Like cobras etc. There is a place down here where some of the most poisonous snakes in thw world (not native to America) like Australisn brown snakes, or inland taipans, black mambas, bagoon vipers etc etc. If any of them get loose and some how reproduce, they will never be able to get them out.

Dumb stupid people and the laws that enable them.

55CrushEm
10-20-2011, 07:09 AM
It's sad they had to put down all those animals. I think there's something like 3-5K tigers on this planet.

1400 bengal tigers in the world.

oubronco
10-20-2011, 07:15 AM

That's alot of rugs right there

broncswin
10-20-2011, 09:24 AM
Great.... tigers with STD's. Hide yo wife. Hide yo kids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw

Pony Boy
10-20-2011, 10:13 AM
Just for the record if if I see a tiger in my back yard I'm shooting the MF............

HorseHead
10-20-2011, 11:12 AM
that just sucks...makes ya sick...

the animals have to be shot, because some a-s hole is having a hard week...

any chance we could shoot "The Situation"?

alkemical
10-20-2011, 11:15 AM
that just sucks...makes ya sick...

the animals have to be shot, because some a-s hole is having a hard week...

any chance we could shoot "The Situation"?

Can we let him loose in a "free range" animal sanctuary?

broncswin
10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
Can we let him loose in a "free range" animal sanctuary?

he took care of himself, right after letting them loose

alkemical
10-20-2011, 11:27 AM
he took care of himself, right after letting them loose

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAUzlHtD_SgI2BFrFzl1OOg_AM8al28 Pqu3P06gogOle_Mgv_i