PDA

View Full Version : Nate Jackson has a raging Tebowner

BigPlayShay
10-18-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19139125

UberBroncoMan
10-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Nate's making a solid second career. Probably saved well too. Chill and write on his own time. Pretty baller.

Steve Prefontaine
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Orton fans should not read this.

Also, Nate Jackson played 41 games? How many of those did he finished injured? Half?

Gort
Every analyst that has defiled Tebow's name on television is self-serving. He was a Heisman Trophy winner and two-time national champ at Florida, but he can't play because why? Because ESPN's Merril Hoge said so?

Most of the former players we see talking about football on television are too heavily invested in their own egos to provide anything resembling real insight. The truth is, nobody knows how good Tim Tebow will be. Not even Tim. Not even God. But God knows, we're all looking forward to finding out.

anybody want to make a quick buck? make up some funny t-shirts with Merril Hoge as the punchline and you'll sell alot to Broncos fans for the rest of the season. Tebow is about to expose him for the fool he is.

dbfan21
This is actually very well written. Many truths and possibilities to ruminate over. Nice work, Jack Nasty!

crush17
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
I rarely like anything he does, but this is a great piece. Spot on.

Gort
10-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Orton fans should not read this.

Also, Nate Jackson played 41 games? How many of those did he finished injured? Half?

based on his stint in the NFL, Nate may be more qualified for a second career as a male nurse than a writer, but this article was mostly on the mark.

Lestat
10-18-2011, 12:09 PM
not only does he light up Kyle Orton(in a sense), he slobbers over Tebow & makes a curse of Jake Plummer reference. oh, he's good.

NUB
10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Actually, he doesn't really fully endorse Tebow. He is just showing some ordinary sanity that is given to the vast majority of incoming QBs. "Let's see what he can do first, people."

TD4HOF
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
I remember the first time I saw a link saying Nate Jackson had written something. I went, huh? Why? Really?

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:17 PM
This guy can write.. he beautifully articulated to perfection things I have been trying to say for like 4 years.. lol Bastard. hahah

bendog
10-18-2011, 12:22 PM
But wait, I though Fox wanted Tebow to fail......

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:24 PM

That was actually the one part of the article I didn't agree with.. and I get the sense Nate was trying to make Fox believe he wants Tebow to succeed and is the kind of coach who can adapt to Tebow -- it's psychology.

McDman
10-18-2011, 12:25 PM
I've always liked Jackson's writing. He tells it like it is and is pretty clever about it.

McDman
10-18-2011, 12:26 PM
That was actually the one part of the article I didn't agree with.. and I get the sense Nate was trying to make Fox believe he wants Tebow to succeed and is the kind of coach who can adapt to Tebow -- it's psychology.

So he thinks Fox is going to read this article and be influenced by it?

I have no words...

bowtown
10-18-2011, 12:26 PM

lololololololololololololololololololololollololol olololololololololol

John Fox is now Nate Jackson's OPED puppet.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You have never met a conspiracy you didn't like.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
So he thinks Fox is going to read this article and be influenced by it?

I have no words...

Yeah... people don't write things assuming they won't get read.. wtf would be the point of that?

I have no words.. lol

I am not saying it will get read.. but you don't write something assuming it won't be.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:38 PM
lololololololololololololololololololololollololol olololololololololol

John Fox is now Nate Jackson's OPED puppet.

lololololololololololololololololololololol

You have never met a conspiracy you didn't like.

Do you have any other reasoning for how he could get that part so wrong?

You should have figured that out the instant you read it...

The other part that makes it plausible is that Fox is dumb enough to eat it up. If he is dumb enough to buy Orton's fool's gold he's dumb enough to buy this.. especially to save face after the Orton fiasco.

Archer81
10-18-2011, 12:39 PM
This guy can write.. he beautifully articulated to perfection things I have been trying to say for like 4 years.. lol Bastard. hahah

Hmm...

:Broncos:

McDman
10-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Xanders: Coach Fox, I've got the latest issue of the Denver Post!

Fox: Thanks, Brian. You can set the pizza over on the table. Now let's see what they have to say about me in this article.

*reads article*

Fox: Hmmm, Nate Jackson says I'm a defensive coach and I shouldn't have problems switching quarterbacks. Yes! Yes! Brilliant! How could I have ever though about this without reading the Denver Post?!

bowtown
10-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Fox: Thanks, Brian. You can set the pizza over on the table. Now let's see what they have to say about me in this article.

*reads article*

Fox: Hmmm, Nate Jackson says I'm a defensive coach and I shouldn't have problems switching quarterbacks. Yes! Yes! Brilliant! How could I have ever though about this without reading the Denver Post?!

Well at least now we know that if Tebow is successful as a Bronco, we all have Nate Jackson to thank.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:50 PM

*reads article*

You are forgetting the alternative though.. the alternative is Nate writes the truth.. and rips Fox and points out how the Panthers offense looks like world beaters without him.. and how he made Orotn look 10 times worse than McD.

That kind of news WOULD get to Fox one way or another.. and that would damage Tebow's chances of becoming a starting QB even more because Fox would view the whole Tebow thing even more negatively..

Bottom line is.. you aren't smart.. the writer is much smarter than you.. that is a no-brainer.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Well at least now we know that if Tebow is successful as a Bronco, we all have Nate Jackson to thank.

It certainly won't be because of people like you and most others on these message boards.. spending more time posting pictures and jacking Nckbeard and Elway .. lol

bowtown
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
You are forgetting the alternative though.. the alternative is Nate writes the truth.. and rips Fox and points out how the Panthers offense looks like world beaters without him.. and how he made Orotn look 10 times worse than McD.

That kind of news WOULD get to Fox one way or another.. and that would damage Tebow's chances of becoming a starting QB even more because Fox would view the whole Tebow thing even more negatively..

Bottom line is.. you aren't smart.. the writer is much smarter than you.. that is a no-brainer.

I'm surprised you know how to turn on a computer.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm surprised you know how to turn on a computer.

I'm not surprised by the Broncos ineptitude with fans like yourself... The NFL as a whole falls into this category.

crush17
10-18-2011, 12:56 PM

Holy sh1t dude. You are really stupid.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 12:57 PM

All truth goes through three phases... especially with idiots..

crush17
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM

Keep f*cking that chicken!

HAT
10-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I have no words.. .

That would be awesome.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:00 PM
That would be awesome.

Letting you idiots live in ignorant bliss? I am sure it would be...

McDman
10-18-2011, 01:02 PM

I used to think you were just crazy but it is stunningly apparent you are absolutely dumb as sh1t.

Welcome to my ignore list, you unbelievably unintelligent piece of sh1t.

Jay3
10-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Actually, he doesn't really fully endorse Tebow. He is just showing some ordinary sanity that is given to the vast majority of incoming QBs. "Let's see what he can do first, people."

But that's all most Tebow fans ask for -- we understand this is a tough league, and that the game may be too much for any college player. The interceptions may pile up. The losses could. It's chewed up a lot of great players.

But all we ask is let the guy do his thing -- he's played well enough to get that shot. This idea that he's some sort of remedial case that can't even contribute at this level is coming from some bad place.

Agamemnon
10-18-2011, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't call what he said proof of a "raging Tebowner". He was actually pretty non-commital on how well Tebow will do. He was just calling out coaches for being too stuck in the controlled, cerebral practice stuff, and analysts for being too invested in their own egos. He's basically saying that people that are saying Tebow can't play are talking out of their ass, and that in the end it will be decided on the field.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
I used to think you were just crazy but it is stunningly apparent you are absolutely dumb as sh1t.

Welcome to my ignore list, you unbelievably unintelligent piece of sh1t.

Good comeback.. your comeback shows you have absolutely no argument and are dumber than a sack of hammers.

Keep pretending otherwise though..

It always boggles my mind how small minded NFL fans are. That is really the point of this article.. and you are still too stupid to extrapolate that to this very thread.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:12 PM

Anyone with an opinion can tell themselves this. It doesn't make their opinion correct.

Steve Prefontaine
10-18-2011, 01:13 PM

1. MacGruder could be delusional...

2. MacGruder probably is delusional...

3. MacGruder definitely is delusional...

Yeah... people don't write things assuming they won't get read (by Fox).. wtf would be the point of that?

I have no words.. lol

I am not saying it will get read (by Fox).. but you don't write something assuming it won't be.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Anyone with an opinion can tell themselves this. It doesn't make their opinion correct.

Exactly.. so what is the point of running around calling people idiots for their opinions? That isn't what I did.. that is what the idiots in this thread are doing once again..

But that's WHY they are idiots.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Exactly.. so what is the point of running around calling people idiots for their opinions? That isn't what I did.. that is what the idiots in this thread are doing once again..

But that's WHY they are idiots.

Well, to be honest, I rarely see you objectively view another's opinion. It's black and white with you. Your opinion and everything else. Why not be a bit more humble and engage in an honest debate rather than stubbornly sticking to your guns through every argument? You're smart enough to know that even the most intelligent of us are wrong, all the time.

Kid A
10-18-2011, 01:19 PM
I've always liked Jackson's writing. He tells it like it is and is pretty clever about it.

Definitely. While obviously not a big enough "name" to get a TV gig on FOX right out of the league or anything, he has a thoughtful, articulate "players view" of the NFL that goes beyond loudly making brash predictions ala Dilfer. Glad he's getting a platform on Slate, Deadspin, etc.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Well, to be honest, I rarely see you objectively view another's opinion. It's black and white with you. Your opinion and everything else. Why not be a bit more humble and engage in an honest debate rather than stubbornly sticking to your guns through every argument? You're smart enough to know that even the most intelligent of us are wrong, all the time.

I am not the one calling people idiots all the time. Where in this thread did I demean anyone's opinion or even take a hard line stance? I simply made an observation.

It seems the real issue is that my opinion is much different than the norm.. that is my only crime. I am not the one mocking people for having a different opinion. I am the one attacked which makes it look like I am attacking others when I am simply defending myself from A-holes.

It's just a case of of perception versus reality. You aren't looking at it from my point of view.. just the surface.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
Definitely. While obviously not a big enough "name" to get a TV gig on FOX right out of the league or anything, he has a thoughtful, articulate "players view" of the NFL that goes beyond loudly making brash predictions ala Dilfer. Glad he's getting a platform on Slate, Deadspin, etc.

No coincidence that Deadspin is Fox's favorite magazine.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I am not the one calling people idiots all the time. Where in this thread did I demean anyone's opinion or even take a hard line stance? I simply made an observation.

It seems the real issue is that my opinion is much different than the norm.. that is my only crime. I am not the one mocking people for having a different opinion. I am the one attacked which makes it look like I am attacking others when I am simply defending myself from A-holes.

It's just a case of of perception versus reality. You aren't looking at it from my point of view.. just the surface.

Not just this thread brother. I've read a lot of your posts. Look, I'm just saying life on the Mane would be a lot easier for you if you took a different approach to arguing. Just try it.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:29 PM

But you forget the alternative point of view. You forget that looking at it from my point of view your opinions are bat**** crazy and I'm just trying to do you a favor by calling your crazy-ass attention to it. I don't view it as an attack, I view it as doing you a favor.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Not just this thread brother. I've read a lot of your posts. Look, I'm just saying life on the Mane would be a lot easier for you if you took a different approach to arguing. Just try it.

You aren't seeing reality though.. people attacked me for no reason.. they are part of a group. Everything here seems to revolve around politics and "teams"... Again.. t's a witch hunt. Either you follow the party line or you get trashed.

TheReverend
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
So much potential from that article, only to have it MacGruder-ed away like the rest.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:33 PM
But you forget the alternative point of view. You forget that looking at it from my point of view your opinions are bat**** crazy and I'm just trying to do you a favor by calling your crazy-ass attention to it. I don't view it as an attack, I view it as doing you a favor.

So you arrogantly assume you are right... and yet this other person claims I am the one seeing nothings as black or white...

SEE. Proof.

So it's crazy to think he's playing politics in an article? You are beyond stupid.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
You aren't seeing reality though.. people attacked me for no reason.. they are part of a group. Everything here seems to revolve around politics and "teams"... Again.. t's a witch hunt. Either you follow the party line or you get trashed.

I don't think that's true at all dude. Opposing view points are interesting, it's all in how you deliver them. It's a live by the sword, die by the sword principle. If you go in with your guns drawn and ready to kill anyone who disagrees with you, you're going to get similar resistance.

Smiling Assassin27
10-18-2011, 01:34 PM
2 words:

God.
Knows.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:35 PM
So much potential from that article, only to have it MacGruder-ed away like the rest.

Ohh.. poor baby Rev.. so sad... my hearts breaking..

Kaylore
10-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Has anyone noticed that ever since Tim Tebow played football, when quarterbacks see a chance to pick up a first down by running or scrambling that they do? This is a an interesting effect that Tebow created on the game of football.

crush17
10-18-2011, 01:38 PM

No dude, you are wrong.

This is the first time Ive ever respinded to you, after watching you make an ass of yourself left and right for MONTHS. You are the problem, not everyone else.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:39 PM
Has anyone noticed that ever since Tim Tebow played football, when quarterbacks see a chance to pick up a first down by running or scrambling that they do? This is a an interesting effect that Tebow created on the game of football.

Also, we had a mild summer here in San Diego. Tebow works in mysterious ways.

Cleo McDowell
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Here's my conspiracy theory: Macgruder is so psychotically obsessed with seeing #15 fall that he casts himself as a 'martyr' and trolls message boards as a 'Super Tebowite' to create division and spite towards Tebow and the fanbase. Super weird.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:40 PM
I don't think that's true at all dude. Opposing view points are interesting, it's all in how you deliver them. It's a live by the sword, die by the sword principle. If you go in with your guns drawn and ready to kill anyone who disagrees with you, you're going to get similar resistance.

I think you are really naive. To do what you are saying you have to conform to the group think.. and you can't say anything construed as out of left field.

Oh.. and you have to join in with others an attack anyone that dares to say anything that might fall outside of that group think.

Just show me an example in this thread of where I went wrong..

crush17
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
Here's my conspiracy theory: Macgruder is so psychotically obsessed with seeing #15 fall that he casts himself as a 'martyr' and trolls message boards as a 'Super Tebowite' to create division and spite towards Tebow and the fanbase. Super weird.

How dare you!

chrisp
10-18-2011, 01:41 PM
just got told off by the DP:

You rank 26729 out of today's 26729 readers,
and you have read 0% of our sports news

ooooooooooo! That's me told..

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
So you arrogantly assume you are right...

All truth goes through 3 stages.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:42 PM
No dude, you are wrong.

This is the first time Ive ever respinded to you, after watching you make an ass of yourself left and right for MONTHS. You are the problem, not everyone else.

No.. YOU are just following the group. You think because you disagree with me that it is justified for others to attack.. that is why they all do it.. herd mentality.

Archer81
10-18-2011, 01:43 PM

The truth just is. It cannot go through phases. You would be correct to say Acceptance of truth goes through three phases. You would then actually sound legitimate, rather than crazy.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:46 PM
The truth just is. It cannot go through phases. You would be correct to say Acceptance of truth goes through three phases. You would then actually sound legitimate, rather than crazy.

Projecting.

Mountain Bronco
10-18-2011, 01:47 PM
He is actually a very good writer and I think encompases the views of many on this board. Just let Tim play and see what we have, nothing more, nothing less. Orton wasn't getting it done, see if Tim can.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:47 PM

Yes.. it's my fault because i have the gall to have actually watched Tebow his entire career and dare to tell others who just buy into the media hype without knowing anything about him that they are clueless...

How can I dare to not just let these people spread the ignorant BS others spread?

I'm clearly in the wrong..

And I also do it trying to post proof and get slammed and called an idiot even though by people who don't even have a valid argument.. but it's me not them.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes.. it's my fault because i have the gall to have actually watched Tebow his entire career and dare to tell others who just buy into the media hype without knowing anything about him that they are clueless...

How can I dare to not just let these people spread the ignorant BS others spread?

I'm clearly in the wrong..

And I also do it trying to post proof and get slammed and called an idiot even though by people who don't even have a valid argument.. but it's me not them.

And yet you keep coming back for more. Let's get you sainted you sweet sweet martyr.

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 01:48 PM
I think you are really naive. To do what you are saying you have to conform to the group think.. and you can't say anything construed as out of left field.

Oh.. and you have to join in with others an attack anyone that dares to say anything that might fall outside of that group think.

Just show me an example in this thread of where I went wrong..

Ok, well the thread was derailed after this post:

Now, in all honesty, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. But that's irrelevant. McDman and BowTown then go off on you, interpreting your post through the lens of past experience. You definitely tend toward the conspiracy end of the spectrum. This is where you go wrong, instead of explaining yourself and your viewpoint, you go on the attack:

Yeah... people don't write things assuming they won't get read.. wtf would be the point of that?

I have no words.. lol

I am not saying it will get read.. but you don't write something assuming it won't be.

Instead of letting an argument get derailed by personal attacks and meaningless insults that only turn a thread into pure garbage, stay on topic. Explain yourself.

Crushaholic
10-18-2011, 01:49 PM

QFT

I, too, am looking forward to seeing what Tebow can do. That's all he's saying. To say that he has a "raging tebowner" is a bit of a stretch...

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:51 PM

It's a famous quote... and it can be said either way. All truth (under a specific definition - look it up) does go through these phases because he is referencing paradigm changing truths.

Anything that revises conventional wisdom is met with opposition... that doesn't mean that everything that opposed is right.. but the problem is we can't tell what is or isn't deserving of opposition. This is why it is foolish to oppose any concept too strongly because it slows progress unnecessarily.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 01:58 PM

Now, in all honesty, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. But that's irrelevant. McDman and BowTown then go off on you, interpreting your post through the lens of past experience.

The lens of past stupid experience? And I am the one who is in the wrong?

Your reponse proves my point. I did nothing wrong but make an observation. And you claim I deserved that response based on things you likely know nothing aobut..

You definitely tend toward the conspiracy end of the spectrum. This is where you go wrong, instead of explaining yourself and your viewpoint, you go on the attack:

Don't you get it, you idiot? You just proved my point that it is a witch hunt. LOL

Instead of letting an argument get derailed by personal attacks and meaningless insults that only turn a thread into pure garbage, stay on topic. Explain yourself.

You are following along with the group now too. If people like you didn't blindly follow along these threads wouldn't be derailed.

You are the one viewing things through a lens.. through a witch hunt colored lens..

Archer81
10-18-2011, 02:01 PM
It's a famous quote... and it can be said either way. All truth (under a specific definition - look it up) does go through these phases because he is referencing paradigm changing truths.

Anything that revises conventional wisdom is met with opposition... that doesn't mean that everything that opposed is right.. but the problem is we can't tell what is or isn't deserving of opposition. This is why it is foolish to oppose any concept too strongly because it slows progress unnecessarily.

Truth is an absolute, chief. The only thing that changes is how we, the individual looks at it. Which is accepting what is true.

So when you say "truth goes through three phases" you are incorrect. The truth is just as true even if no one knows it or believes it.

This message brought to you by Reality, Inc.

TheReverend
10-18-2011, 02:02 PM

To be fair, this isn't a recent phenomenon.

Steve Young saw Tim Tebow play some Pop Warner and decided to model his game around him.

s0phr0syne
10-18-2011, 02:03 PM

YES YES! OMG, I thought I was the only one to notice this! So happy to not be alone now.

Also, I wonder if the rest of the league has caught on to this "Gatorade" thing. I remember seeing Tebow drinking it on the sidelines, both in college and in the NFL. Ever since then, whenever they show shots of the sidelines, I see others doing it too. Another interesting influence that Tebow has already exerted on the NFL during his career.

Gort
10-18-2011, 02:05 PM

i believe the correct terminology is:

"this thread has been MacGrudered".

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Truth is an absolute, chief. The only thing that changes is how we, the individual looks at it. Which is accepting what is true.

So when you say "truth goes through three phases" you are incorrect. The truth is just as true even if no one knows it or believes it.

The quote IS referring to phases of acceptance.. why do you assume otherwise?

The quote doesn't say something isn't truth until it is accepted..

You need to relocate...

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 02:06 PM
The lens of past stupid experience? And I am the one who is in the wrong?

I didn't say stupid. The lens of experience I referred to is your penchant for arguing and blasting other people. For example, in this thread you've managed to call me an idiot and naive.

Your reponse proves my point. I did nothing wrong but make an observation. And you claim I deserved that response based on things you likely know nothing aobut..

I didn't say you deserved the response, only inferred that your reputation precedes you.

Don't you get it, you idiot? You just proved my point that it is a witch hunt. LOL

No one is on a witch hunt, least of all me.

You are following along with the group now too. If people like you didn't blindly follow along these threads wouldn't be derailed.

How would you respond if everyone just agreed with you? Ask yourself why you consistently trend toward the extreme viewpoint.

You are the one viewing things through a lens.. through a witch hunt colored lens..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martyr_complex

Evenrude
10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
I gotta disagree with Nate on this one. While play making ability and being a gamer is important, the value of preparation is proven. The guys that spend the extra time running routes or in the film room get it done more times than the guys that do not. Bill Belichick would get a good laugh out of this article...

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
YES YES! OMG, I thought I was the only one to notice this! So happy to not be alone now.

Also, I wonder if the rest of the league has caught on to this "Gatorade" thing. I remember seeing Tebow drinking it on the sidelines, both in college and in the NFL. Ever since then, whenever they show shots of the sidelines, I see others doing it too. Another interesting influence that Tebow has already exerted on the NFL during his career.

Straw man.

If what you were saying was true then why do people say Tebow revolutionized the QB position in college..

Why had no one ever done what Tebow had in the SEC before?

Gort
10-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Straw man.

If what you were saying was true then why do people say Tebow revolutionized the QB position in college..

Why had no one ever done what Tebow had in the SEC before?

pssst. psssstt! keep this to yourself, but "s0phr0syne" is a 32nd level free mason. shhh. don't tell anyone.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 02:16 PM
I didn't say stupid. The lens of experience I referred to is your penchant for arguing and blasting other people. For example, in this thread you've managed to call me an idiot and naive.

Wasn't it you that called me delusional? I wonder why I might say those things.

I didn't say you deserved the response, only inferred that your reputation precedes you.

YES.. because of a witch hunt.

No one is on a witch hunt, least of all me.

You are.. you just don't realize it.. you think people do when they are on a witch hunt?

How would you respond if everyone just agreed with you? Ask yourself why you consistently trend toward the extreme viewpoint.

I tend to be drawn to controversial topics.. that is just what interests me. But that doesn't mean people need to behave like idiots. what is the purpose of a message board? I thought it was for sharing and discussing diverse ideas..

Houshyamama
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I'm done. Carry on.

jhns
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
What a sad individual...

Archer81
10-18-2011, 02:43 PM
The quote IS referring to phases of acceptance.. why do you assume otherwise?

The quote doesn't say something isn't truth until it is accepted..

You need to relocate...

The quote as you relay it to us infers that truth itself undergoes a change. If something undergoes changes, then it is clearly not true. You would be better served to stop quoting 19th century german philosophers and state that accepting something as true passes through three phases. It would make any argument you present more believable and worthy of listening to. It would also correctly relay what Arthur Schopenhauer meant.

If you prefer I can submit what I just typed to an aviation magazine so it becomes fact for you, if you so wish.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 02:50 PM
The quote as you relay it to us infers that truth itself undergoes a change.

Yes.. but it doesn't say the change is to the truth.. it says all truth goes through this process. It doesn't identify HOW it does it.. it just says it does.

If something undergoes changes, then it is clearly not true.

No.. you could ASSUME that.. but that isn't what it says. That seems like a bizarre assumption to make when there is a much more likely alternative. He just isn't spelling it out.

You would be better served to stop quoting 19th century german philosophers and state that accepting something as true passes through three phases. It would make any argument you present more believable and worthy of listening to. It would also correctly relay what Arthur Schopenhauer meant.

I think you should worry more about yourself. I don't think the issue is me. You guys do this same nonsense all the time... the target is ever rotating.

If you prefer I can submit what I just typed to an aviation magazine so it becomes fact for you, if you so wish.

Don't bother.. your comment isn't supported anywhere else.

MacGruder
10-18-2011, 02:52 PM
What a sad individual...

You're projecting.

bendog
10-18-2011, 02:54 PM
do not attempt to adjust your dial ....

Cleo McDowell
10-18-2011, 03:11 PM
you're projecting

Yes.. but it doesn't say the change is to the truth.. it says all truth goes through this process. It doesn't identify HOW it does it.. it just says it does.

No.. you could ASSUME that.. but that isn't what it says. That seems like a bizarre assumption to make when there is a much more likely alternative. He just isn't spelling it out.

I think you should worry more about yourself. I don't think the issue is me. You guys do this same nonsense all the time... the target is ever rotating.

Don't bother.. your comment isn't supported anywhere else.

Archer81
10-18-2011, 03:19 PM
1. Yes.. but it doesn't say the change is to the truth.. it says all truth goes through this process. It doesn't identify HOW it does it.. it just says it does.

2. No.. you could ASSUME that.. but that isn't what it says. That seems like a bizarre assumption to make when there is a much more likely alternative. He just isn't spelling it out.

3. I think you should worry more about yourself. I don't think the issue is me. You guys do this same nonsense all the time... the target is ever rotating.

4. Don't bother.. your comment isn't supported anywhere else.

1. Truth just is. How you perceive it changes. The truth does not change.

2. Truth is true because it remains unchanging. That is not an assumption, that is a statement of fact.

3. Persecution complex. Any therapist can help you get past it.

4. I know the logic train never makes stops at crazy anti-grav town, but that is no excuse to not understand word usage and meaning in the english language.

Silly ass.

Que
10-18-2011, 03:21 PM
Great piece. Too bad he broke an index finger, dislocated a pinky and poked himself in the eye with his soda straw in writing this. Fear not though, Nate will be back at the keyboard in time for preseason next year.

Couldn't resist. Nicely written Nate.

Dedhed
10-18-2011, 05:29 PM

That was you and TEKO, not Fox.

BoiseBluTurf
10-19-2011, 07:51 AM

Well said sir... here here!

MacGruder
10-20-2011, 04:34 PM
I wonder if Trent Dilfer read Nate's piece and was stupid enough to think he could match it? lol Man this guy is a tool.. he has said repeatedly that Tebow is arrogant which is absurd.. then yous ee him arguing with Steve Young about evaluating Qbs.. talk about arrogant..

I've been asked a lot during the last year and half about how good I think Tim Tebow can be as an NFL player. Can he be great? Will he fail? Can he adapt to the NFL game? Can an NFL offense adapt to him? And by now I know there's a trick I can offer both fans and critics. If you want my analysis on why he can be a successful NFL player now, listen up for a minute. If you want the other part, the doubt that creeps in when I wonder about whether he can sustain it, the critic in me on this subject, I'll wink, and you can either start to tune in, or tune me out.

Everybody wins. And I think Tebow can too -- it's just a matter of for how long. So follow along and I'll make it clear on what part you should read. But I can promise you this, in 11 games, we'll have an answer we can agree on.

He can succeed now ... Because you're wrong if you think Tebow can't drill the ball down the field. I watch hundreds and hundreds of hours of tape of NFL quarterbacks, and I've seen a pile on Tebow. I hear all the time that he can't make the deep throws NFL quarterbacks have to make to stretch defenses. It's simply not true. In fact, the deep throw is one that Tebow does best. He made those throws at Florida, and in what's been a limited sample size so far, he's averaged nearly 8 yards per attempt in the NFL. It's a number that, if sustained, would be put him in the top 10 among NFL passers in any year. Early on with Tebow at the helm, the Broncos' vertical passing game could actually be among the best aspects of their offense, as they take advantage of Tebow's ability to throw deep and allow routes to develop as he extends plays with his legs.

But ... The modern NFL offense is predicated on rhythm, anticipation, timing and the ability to locate. They aren't just crucial skills, they're mandatory for any success. They dictate how long a blocker holds a block, where receivers cut, where a running back shifts. As a passer, those are skills that Tebow still lacks for this level. People call Tebow a "modern" quarterback because of the college offense he ran and because of his athleticism, but he's actually much better suited to offenses that were prevalent in the '80s. That was a game that, outside of San Francisco, was characterized by a power running game and long, developing routes. Timing and the need to snap off quick throws into tight windows weren't paramount.

He can succeed now ... Because his ability to use his legs to improvise and open windows in the passing game is useful. And that's a talent that isn't simply locked into a single generation. Fran Tarkenton could extend the passing game with his legs, and so does Michael Vick. Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers aren't just elite passers because they've mastered modern timing, they move in the backfield with purpose, allowing receivers to improvise in their routes. The Broncos traded away Brandon Lloyd, which many will say diminishes Denver's talent in the passing game, but any receiver at this level can get open when the play breaks down and defenders are forced to chase and react to routes that aren't in the playbook. Schoolyard quarterbacking at its best can turn great corners into schoolyard defenders.

But ... The league has shown the ability to adjust to running quarterbacks that don't also execute the quick reads. Michael Vick was never an accurate passer, but last season, in Philly's timing offense, he clicked on throws at over a 60 percent clip for the first time in his career. But the league has started to adjust back, and in taking away a lot of the easy, quick-hitting elements of the offense, Vick has at times fallen back into the mode of a running quarterback who simply improvises in passing requirements. Steve Young, the great scrambler that he was, will tell you the run has to be a bailout option. It can't be your top skill. The NFL isn't just tough on running quarterbacks because of the hits, it's tough because running quarterbacks who can't execute the sophisticated elements of the passing game become turnover machines.

He can succeed now ... Because not every long wind-up has been punished. Ben Roethlisberger won a Super Bowl while he still had a terribly long release. It's not accurate to say quarterbacks with slow releases simply can't win.

But ... Big Ben's arm wasn't the key to that Super Bowl, and soon after, he spent an entire offseason changing his delivery to speed it up. He didn't become a very good passer until he did. Modern NFL quarterbacking demands the ability get the ball out quickly, with anticipation and with great location, all things Tebow lacks now. You can't fake this skill for long.

He can succeed now ... Because Denver can quickly implement what Tebow can do best. At Florida, Tebow became a master of the shotgun, play-action passing game. Defending him at Florida was a nightmare because defenses weren't just baited by the threat of the running back. When Tebow would fake a handoff, teams also had to defend against the multiple option because Tebow was a gifted runner who could read blocks like a great running back. What it left was a lot of isolation throws as defenders stayed near the line of scrimmage, keeping their eyes in the backfield and opening up receivers for one-on-one matchups against corners and safeties. It created big throwing windows. It still can.

But ... There isn't evidence that this is a sustainable model at the NFL level. By keeping Tebow in the shotgun and in a perpetual play-action mode, you're taking away the multiple levels of deception that NFL offenses require. It's like the Wildcat, a thing that can work for a time as defenses are forced to adjust, but it eventually gets shelved as more of a gimmick. By doing this with Tebow, you're keeping it simple, but it takes away the slants, the crossing routes, the deeper layers of an NFL passing game built out of the drop-back. Multiple drops -- three, five, seven steps -- create deception and timing; they force defenders to make a decision on routes. Tebow's current passing skill-set diminishes his chance to beat the defense with the ball.

He can succeed now ... Because while we talk about the way the league can adjust to Tebow, he's already proved he can adjust too and grow as a passer. He's tweaked his delivery to make it quicker -- though he resorts to the longer release under fire often -- and he's taken what many believed was a skill-set totally lacking the necessary skills to thrive at this level and made plays, and not just because of his legs.

But ... The NFL is also about adjustment, and at a certain point, talent and the ability to execute the things even the most prepared defenses can't take away is a necessity. Tom Brady and Wes Welker aren't a devastating combination because of physical talent alone; they consistently execute things defenses can't stop, then counter immediately when defenses start to adjust. Deception is crucial, and it's based on staying multiple and being able to execute anything, not simply building an offense around one or two obvious skills. Tebow has a skill many don't have, but it's by no means unique. He has to be a great passer at some point, and right now, he has a long way to go.

Denver's timing is right. It has an 11-game window to decide not just if Tebow can succeed now, but if he can succeed when the league starts to take away the things he can already do, the things we know he can execute. Tebow can succeed early, but that's only a start.

If you asked quarterbacks and evaluators to line up the key traits for a quarterback, they'd say, in this order: accuracy (or location); arm talent; anticipation (which is also about the ability to get the ball out fast); decision-making; improvisation; presence. The issue here is that Tebow's greatest skills are supposed to enhance a quarterback, not carry him. I want to be wrong on Tebow. I hope he wins four Super Bowls, but winning now doesn't mean he can win later.

bowtown
10-20-2011, 05:09 PM
I wonder if Trent Dilfer read Nate's piece and was stupid enough to think he could match it? lol Man this guy is a tool.. he has said repeatedly that Tebow is arrogant which is absurd.. then yous ee him arguing with Steve Young about evaluating Qbs.. talk about arrogant..

Ahhh yes, the old Nate Jackson on Tebow effect.

MacGruder
10-20-2011, 05:31 PM
Ahhh yes, the old Nate Jackson on Tebow effect.

ANOTHER witch hunt.. lol

You are good.. you could pull one out of your ass at the drop of a hat..

lonestar
10-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I rarely like anything he does, but this is a great piece. Spot on.

What else has he written?

Kid A
10-25-2011, 02:00 PM
Interesting follow up from Nate Jackson today:

http://deadspin.com/nfl-roundtable/

I will say simply that Tim Tebow looked strikingly different from the quarterbacks we have grown accustomed to watching on television. He lacks those quarterback things that we love, or that we're conditioned to love by analysts such as Jon Gruden: tight footwork, efficient throwing motion, precision craftsmanship, pocket presence, predictability.

I am hoping and waiting for a brave coach to put in some plays called "Get Open" and "Throw to Whomever the **** You Want." Those plays will work. I'm sure of it. When things are right, there's a telekinesis on the football field that supersedes everything. I've felt it. And I've felt the triumph of flawless execution. I'll take the magic over the execution any day. The magic is Tim Tebow's milieu. The flawless execution is not.

uplink
09-02-2012, 09:36 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/What-happens-after-a-player-gets-cut.html

I lasted six years in Denver, until Mike Shanahan was fired immediately following the 2008 season, and Josh McDaniels was hired in his place. A few weeks after the new hire, I got a call from my agent. “The Broncos are releasing you today”, he said. “Didn’t they call you?” No they didn’t. It turned out the GM called my parents’ home phone and left a message instead. My phone call to Coach McDaniels went unreturned.

BowlenBall
09-02-2012, 09:50 PM

I lasted six years in Denver, until Mike Shanahan was fired immediately following the 2008 season, and Josh McDaniels was hired in his place. A few weeks after the new hire, I got a call from my agent. “The Broncos are releasing you today”, he said. “Didn’t they call you?” No they didn’t. It turned out the GM called my parents’ home phone and left a message instead. My phone call to Coach McDaniels went unreturned.

I was surprised by that paragraph, myself... shockingly classless.

I tried to support McDaniels when he was here, I really did. But the further we get from that era, the more of a train-wreck it appears to have been. Trading Cutler and Marshall for 3 magic beans, the shockingly bad drafts, the cheating scandal that led to his firing, and the treatment of multi-year vets like Nate Jackson... Look forward to beating him and the Patriots this year.

DBroncos4life
09-02-2012, 09:51 PM

Wow! McD keeps on proving he is a bigger POS than the posters that had a clue thought. No wonder Cutler had his dad take in the playbook.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Here's a question. Who do you believe now, Mcpenis or cutlets?

Irish Stout
09-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Here's a question. Who do you believe now, Mcpenis or cutlets?

Did Cutler ever dispute the allegation that he was a big baby who wanted a trade? Good for him on getting out though.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-02-2012, 10:53 PM
Did Cutler ever dispute the allegation that he was a big baby who wanted a trade? Good for him on getting out though.

What are you talking about?

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Jay Cutler simply smelled out Josh McDaniels as a petty lying douche right off the bat.

Kaylore
09-02-2012, 11:38 PM
Jay Cutler simply smelled out Josh McDaniels as a petty lying douche right off the bat.

Well they can sense each other immediately. It's like immortals in highlander. When Cutler and McDaniels met, their lying douchness went off the knew there could be only one...

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 11:45 PM

LOL....people still trying to defend themselves for picking McD over Jay. Yeah, you sure know how to pick the right horse. Thanks for dragging the rest of the fanbase through hell by supporting Satan against our emerging star.

lonestar
09-03-2012, 02:20 AM
LOL....people still trying to defend themselves for picking McD over Jay. Yeah, you sure know how to pick the right horse. Thanks for dragging the rest of the fanbase through hell by supporting Satan against our emerging star.

Hell I'd take Josh over cutlet in a heart beat.

Cutlet is a loser had one good year mostly because his defense and ST were damned good..

But then like every year he packs it in.

Sorry but IMO Josh leads in the character dept between these two..

May have an ego but not any less than Tanahan, had a plan to accomplish wins but was IMO sabatoged y not giving a ROOKIE HC adequate direction or a REAL GM..

Even Fox has someone watching over him and he has loads of experience.

IMO had Pat done the right thing and that would hav been bringing in Johnnor some experienced and qualified GM and then let them chose the HC I think lots of things would have been different. may still have had Josh as the HC but he would not have had to do it all.

whether it was Joe or Pat they screwed up not doing the right way the first time.

That said cutlet is a douche.

Bacchus
09-03-2012, 04:10 AM
That McGruder is a trip. He is great debater that is for sure. Interesting read!

bowtown
09-03-2012, 06:21 AM

It's much easier to spot traits in others that are also present in you. In other words:

Takes one to know one.

bowtown
09-03-2012, 06:33 AM
That McGruder is a trip. He is great debater that is for sure. Interesting read!

He's not a great debater. He is just completely devoid of logic, reason and factual analysis and is hell bent on letting the world know one message board at a time.

Gort
09-03-2012, 06:37 AM

McD would have had better luck reaching Jackson by placing calls to the ICU's of all the Denver area hospitals... just sayin'.

:)

Dr. Broncenstein
09-03-2012, 06:43 AM
He's not a great debater. He is just completely devoid of logic, reason and factual analysis and is hell bent on letting the world know one message board at a time.

Wait, are you telling me Magruder is female?

Gort
09-03-2012, 06:46 AM

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120413215357/lego/images/c/c4/Bazinga.jpg

TheReverend
09-03-2012, 06:47 AM

http://emotibot.net/pix/5583.gif

bowtown
09-03-2012, 06:59 AM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

Beantown Bronco
09-03-2012, 07:33 AM

There's a better option.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bXEglx-or6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-03-2012, 08:16 AM
Well they can sense each other immediately. It's like immortals in highlander. When Cutler and McDaniels met, their lying douchness went off the knew there could be only one...

LOL. Oh $h!t. I think I $h!t myself with how funny that was!

Miss I.
09-03-2012, 10:29 AM

WE ARE NOT AMUSED.

http://www.healthfreedomusa.org/wp-content/uploads/not-amused.jpg

http://i.qkme.me/3pj4t3.jpg

Bacchus
09-03-2012, 10:45 AM

It does not matter if his debate has logic. The part of being a great debater is making your arguement work no mater how absurb. He kept at least 4 other posters busy with his arguement and responding everytime. Actually, it was quite impressive that he got so many people worked up and yet he kept going. Most peple just give up at some point but he was there until the end defending his view.

gyldenlove
09-03-2012, 10:56 AM
It does not matter if his debate has logic. The part of being a great debater is making your arguement work no mater how absurb. He kept at least 4 other posters busy with his arguement and responding everytime. Actually, it was quite impressive that he got so many people worked up and yet he kept going. Most peple just give up at some point but he was there until the end defending his view.

He didn't defend his views - you mistake repeating your views with defending them, that is the difference between a religious zealot and a scientist. To a zealot it doesn't matter if it makes sense, it doesn't matter if it is absurd and self-contradictory, all that matters is that what you think is right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, you don't need to prove anything - in fact mostly you can't prove anything, you can just repeat it. To a scientist things are only acceptable if they are better than all alternatives, that is why things have to make sense, if something is not consistent then it is no good and must be discarded.

Mcgruder is a fanatic, someone who sees only 1 point of view, will only ever see 1 point of view and will repeat that point of view until he is dead and buried, because everything else depends on that point of view.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 11:06 AM
Hell I'd take Josh over cutlet in a heart beat.

Cutlet is a loser had one good year mostly because his defense and ST were damned good..

But then like every year he packs it in.

Sorry but IMO Josh leads in the character dept between these two..

May have an ego but not any less than Tanahan, had a plan to accomplish wins but was IMO sabatoged y not giving a ROOKIE HC adequate direction or a REAL GM..

Even Fox has someone watching over him and he has loads of experience.

IMO had Pat done the right thing and that would hav been bringing in Johnnor some experienced and qualified GM and then let them chose the HC I think lots of things would have been different. may still have had Josh as the HC but he would not have had to do it all.

whether it was Joe or Pat they screwed up not doing the right way the first time.

That said cutlet is a douche.

It doesn't surprise me that you would take the single most destructive force in franchise history over Cutler. I'm not surprised one bit

broncocalijohn
09-03-2012, 11:29 AM

Says the guy who can't let go of Shanahan or DJ Williams.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-03-2012, 12:49 PM

What are you talking about? First, DJ the person maybe bad. But DJ the football player is pretty damn good. You don't think that McPenis, Fox or ELWAY has tried to replace DJ. Look 6 foot 240lb LB that run a 4.5 in the 40 don't grow on trees. And until there is a player that is a player that least equals DJ abilities he's going to be here for a while. Second, the only other person better than Shanahan is Reeves in terms of victories in the regular season. And until Fox or other person they bring in that will be the order. Shanahan, Reeves and Miller.

Drunk Monkey
09-03-2012, 01:31 PM

This thread could be Grubbers crowning glory if getting people worked up was his goal. That dude is all kinds of crazy. I give Rev credit for trying to get the last word but Grubber would not be denied.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=98730

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Why would I let go of them? Both were very productive for the Broncos. McD never accomplished **** for this team.

broncosteven
09-03-2012, 01:48 PM
I was surprised by that paragraph, myself... shockingly classless.

I tried to support McDaniels when he was here, I really did. But the further we get from that era, the more of a train-wreck it appears to have been. Trading Cutler and Marshall for 3 magic beans, the shockingly bad drafts, the cheating scandal that led to his firing, and the treatment of multi-year vets like Nate Jackson... Look forward to beating him and the Patriots this year.

Now you see why I stood my ground and kept warning people what we would be in for if mCd and his boneheaded moves didn't work out. I took a ton of heat here for not following the rest of the sheep in believing mCd was going to be the next Shanny just because he was our HC. Sure I wanted the team to win but there were so many warning signs.

I am so glad Bowlen pulled out of the death spiral and got Elway back to turn the Titanic around so quickly.

broncosteven
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Why would I let go of them? Both were very productive for the Broncos. McD never accomplished **** for this team.

He did celebrate his 5th win with a Nazi goosestepping around the stadium rather than bothering to shake his mentor's hand and give him a show of thanks for helping him get to the point he was in his career.

Dean
09-03-2012, 08:23 PM
He did celebrate his 5th win with a Nazi goosestepping around the stadium rather than bothering to shake his mentor's hand and give him a show of thanks for helping him get to the point he was in his career.

McKid was busy ripping his defensive coordinator who got him to that fifth win a new one.

Tombstone RJ
09-03-2012, 08:29 PM

well he did take out Shanahan's garbage, especially that crap defense. But whatever, keep sucking on shanny.

lonestar
09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
What are you talking about? First, DJ the person maybe bad. But DJ the football player is pretty damn good. You don't think that McPenis, Fox or ELWAY has tried to replace DJ. Look 6 foot 240lb LB that run a 4.5 in the 40 don't grow on trees. And until there is a player that is a player that least equals DJ abilities he's going to be here for a while. Second, the only other person better than Shanahan is Reeves in terms of victories in the regular season. And until Fox or other person they bring in that will be the order. Shanahan, Reeves and Miller.

Yep he is a physical specimen but he rarely stops a play for zero yardage gained. Almost all of his tackles are drag them down from behind and usually after they've made the first down..

Sorry but he is not that great. He is a total moron that could not call the front seven plays when he was the MLB even after they were relayed into him that one year when he tried they had to give it to someone else to do.

The soner they replace this dumb ass the better ..

I'd rather have the new kids learn OTJ. Than hav
E him around. And if there is a small drop off in tackles, which is unlikely as WW had as many as he did starting 7 less games than he did.

IMO the OCs knew they could run at him to get the first down.

One thing is for sure he will not be resigned in DEN they will figure out a way to replace before they do that they are tired of his dumbassery. I doubt he plays another down in DEN save a disaster with injuries.

Let me add we have 6-10 weeks to figure it out. If Goodell gives him least 2 more weeks and more like 4 for his DUI, he is unlikely to come back to Denver to play.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
09-04-2012, 09:47 PM
well he did take out Shanahan's garbage, especially that crap defense. But whatever, keep sucking on shanny.

What are you talking about? Do you really want to talk about this.

DBroncos4life
09-04-2012, 09:50 PM

Ha ha ha yeah McD knows ****ing talent when he sees it!!!!