PDA

View Full Version : Could this happen? Would you want it to?

broncosteven
10-17-2011, 11:57 AM
Houston is 3-3, it looks like if there are no playoffs again this year Kubes is out the door.

Any chance we could bring him back as OC next year and dump mCoy?

Imagine Tebow running boots and the nintendo O.

Could it happen, or would you rather see someone else brought in or do you think mCoy will blossom with Timmy?

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2011, 12:01 PM
I would LOVE that. Don't forget that Plummer was lost without Kubes in 2006.

oubronco
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
It would be awesome but will never happen

DrFate
10-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Ask me once we see how a gameplan developed FOR TEBOW looks

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 12:07 PM
Houston is 3-3, it looks like if there are no playoffs again this year Kubes is out the door.

Could it happen, or would you rather see someone else brought in or do you think mCoy will blossom with Timmy?

Asking Tebow to learn yet another offense doesn't sound appealing. Keeping the crap we are running right now doesn't sound appealing either. What great choices we have anymore as Bronco fans...

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Jim Harbaugh is looking pretty good. Can we get him?

jhns
10-17-2011, 12:10 PM
Maybe. Yes.

TheDave
10-17-2011, 12:11 PM
If we were looking for a conventional NFL offense that Tebow could be succesful in it would be Kubes/Shannys west coast... IMO

But for now lets see how he does in the offense he has been learning for the last 18 months.

TheChamp24
10-17-2011, 12:13 PM

We didn't go hard enough after him
http://gifninja.com/animatedgifs/11338/forever-alone.gif

TerrElway
10-17-2011, 12:20 PM

So did McDoof for 6 games.

Who's to say a similar thing won't happen to some extent when the league has more real "game tape" of his stuff.

Of course if he were here in Denver that is exactly what would happen but since he is someplace else, he'll become the greatest coach who ever showed his man boobs before a chest bump.

bowtown
10-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Yes.

Rolandftw
10-17-2011, 12:30 PM
If we were looking for a conventional NFL offense that Tebow could be succesful in it would be Kubes/Shannys west coast... IMO

I don't think Tebow has the accuracy to be in a west coast style offense.

oubronco
10-17-2011, 12:34 PM
But he's strong as hell

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/psyc007/teebowbf91.jpg

TheDave
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM

JMO... but if he doesn't fix his accuracy issues, he will struggle in any offense.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 12:35 PM

Plummer was never an accurate QB, so I'm thinking you're wrong...

maven
10-17-2011, 12:38 PM
But he's strong as hell

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n31/psyc007/teebowbf91.jpg

Check out the hands on Tebow. No wonder he cannot throw the ball accurately.

ROFL!

Gort
10-17-2011, 12:40 PM
JMO... but if he doesn't fix his accuracy issues, he will struggle in any offense.

i call shenanigans on reports of him having accuracy problems. i saw Stafford at the end of yesterday's game and he was abysmal. really inaccurate. for 2 straight drives with the game on the line. does anyone complain that Stafford is inaccurate? no, they don't. it's one of those crutches for people looking for a justification of their dislike of Tebow.

shenanigans!

TheDave
10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
i call shenanigans on reports of him having accuracy problems. i saw Stafford at the end of yesterday's game and he was abysmal. really inaccurate. for 2 straight drives with the game on the line. does anyone complain that Stafford is inaccurate? no, they don't. it's one of those crutches for people looking for a justification of their dislike of Tebow.

shenanigans!

Now only "Haters" say he has accuracy issues... Well, Iguess thats one way of dealing with the problem.

alkemical
10-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Well thats one way of dealing with the problem.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmP_Y3w6lGE

jhns
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Tebow will continue to make the haters look stupid. It is fun to watch.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
Asking Tebow to learn yet another offense doesn't sound appealing. Keeping the crap we are running right now doesn't sound appealing either. What great choices we have anymore as Bronco fans...

At least you can always bitch and moan.

24champ
10-17-2011, 12:51 PM

Can't afford him.

I like the attitude he is bringing to San Fransisco. Alex Smith actually looks like a decent game managing QB.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:06 PM

shenanigans!

No, no, a young, developing QB having a sub-par completion percentage in 3 and 1/2 games means he's inaccurate and will always be inaccurate. It's the only reasonable conclusion one can make. ;)

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:07 PM
At least you can always b**** and moan.

Yes because that's why I became a Broncos fan decades ago: so I could be miserable. Thanks for that...dip****...

Rock Chalk
10-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Plummer was never an accurate QB, so I'm thinking you're wrong...

Wrong.

Plummer wasn't accurate from the pocket but on rollouts and naked boots he was one of the most accurate passers in the league.

TheChamp24
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Wrong.

Plummer wasn't accurate from the pocket but on rollouts and naked boots he was one of the most accurate passers in the league.

I miss those rollouts and bootlegs...
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv13/zamisback/monos/forever-alone.jpg

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:13 PM
Wrong.

So pretty much the same as Tebow right now...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 01:25 PM
Yes because that's why I became a Broncos fan decades ago: so I could be miserable. Thanks for that...dip****...

No matter what this team does, you seem to be miserable. Sorry you can't cope with a football team in rebuilding mode.

Maybe try filling your life with something meaningful. Just a thought.

txtebow
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM

It's got my vote.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:36 PM
No matter what this team does, you seem to be miserable. Sorry you can't cope with a football team in rebuilding mode.

Maybe try filling your life with something meaningful. Just a thought.

Where's the rebuilding you speak of? I'm not seeing it. I'm just seeing an organization that turns lemons into rotten lemons with maggots inside.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Where's the rebuilding you speak of? I'm not seeing it. I'm just seeing an organization that turns lemons into rotten lemons with maggots inside.

Perhaps because we're in year one of the rebuild, with no off season? Maybe?

Oh, you're one of those "ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW" types. Got it.

bendog
10-17-2011, 01:48 PM
Perhaps because we're in year one of the rebuild, with no off season? Maybe?

Oh, you're one of those "ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW" types. Got it.

EFX was a failure when Tebow failed to start week one,and possibly before that. (-:

HorseHead
10-17-2011, 02:06 PM
focus on the positive jedis....like txtebow's avatar...good gooogly mooogly...

Kaylore
10-17-2011, 02:25 PM
I'd love Kubiak. As a coordinator and a QB coach he is second to few in the NFL.

riiiiick
10-17-2011, 03:33 PM

shenanigans!

I saw that, too. He had a cutler "blank stare" on both those drives. I had no confidence or hope he would get it done. You never get that with TT.

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 03:34 PM
I genuinely don't believe Kubiak would come here until Bowlen is out the door.

elsid13
10-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes Houston is 3 and 3, but they play in the AFC South with Indy and Jax. They are still the favorites to win the division and get into the play offs, and the really threat is Tenn. Which is slightly overrated.

Pick Six
10-17-2011, 05:37 PM
I truly believe that Kubiak is one of the missing pieces. I actually think he would have fun with Tebow...

Tim
10-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Kubiak as denver's OC would be awesome

Bronx33
10-17-2011, 05:47 PM

ya think? no sarcasm at all cubes has had alot of success here.

TheChamp24
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
If Kubiak can't get Houston into the playoffs with how piss poor the AFC South is this year, I think he deserves to get fired.

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 05:50 PM
ya think? no sarcasm at all cubes has had alot of success here.

He did. And they took the guy that gave him ALL of his shots in Denver, SF, etc, who happens to be his good friend on a personal level, and unceremoniously threw him out the door.

He won't coach here again in those circumstances, and quite frankly, has no need to.

cabronco
10-17-2011, 06:05 PM
I saw that, too. He had a cutler "blank stare" on both those drives. I had no confidence or hope he would get it done. You never get that with TT.

When he was coming off the field, it was like a stroll in the park with no emotion, none. He did remind me of Cutler. He had some awful passes/ Stafford reminds me of the little kid catoon character with his animated dog.

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 10:24 PM
Tebow's offense will be to run the ball 15 times or more a game, mostly on 3rd downs. It will piss defenses off because 3-5 will be easy for Tebow, If you guard the WR he will run it. Funny because thats pretty much how Elway survived. He was hard to get off the field because he could pick up 3rd down with his feet. Then when defense sells out you hit them with a big play to a wr.

Tebows base offense should be simple, lots of shotgun, lots of spread formations with 4 and 5 wr.

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 10:26 PM
For sure Broncos going to spread the field, but then also probably have a lot of 2 TE stuff where the Thomas (TE) can either stay on LOS or split wide. Also look for Moreno to play more now because he can catch balls pretty well.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 10:46 PM
Tebow's offense will be to run the ball 15 times or more a game, mostly on 3rd downs. It will piss defenses off because 3-5 will be easy for Tebow, If you guard the WR he will run it. Funny because thats pretty much how Elway survived. He was hard to get off the field because he could pick up 3rd down with his feet. Then when defense sells out you hit them with a big play to a wr.

Tebows base offense should be simple, lots of shotgun, lots of spread formations with 4 and 5 wr.

Do we even have 5 WRs any more? All I can think of is four. And honestly I'm hesitant to count DT yet. I'll believe it when it happens.

Yeah I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be seeing a lot of spread formations based on the way things are going.

Popps
10-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Just depends if Tebow is really in the plans. I don't think McCoy has done a bad job, considering what he's had to work with. But, If Tebow heads into next season as the starter... I wouldn't want to make him learn a new system again without very good reason.

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 11:03 PM
Do we even have 5 WRs any more? All I can think of is four. And honestly I'm hesitant to count DT yet. I'll believe it when it happens.

Yeah I'm pretty sure we aren't going to be seeing a lot of spread formations based on the way things are going.

I don't think it will be 5 wr. I think Broncos will line up in 2 TE alot, then empty the backfield and send one of the TE out wide etc etc. Bunch them up, make them go big, then spread them out and let Tebow drive them nuts.

SoCalBronco
10-17-2011, 11:08 PM

Agreed. He'd be a fool to step into this pile of ****.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 11:09 PM
I don't think it will be 5 wr. I think Broncos will line up in 2 TE alot, then empty the backfield and send one of the TE out wide etc etc. Bunch them up, make them go big, then spread them out and let Tebow drive them nuts.

Yeah that might be possible. Here's to hoping the reports that we are going to be even more conservative are just a smokescreen. 24th in pass attempts per game is conservative enough thank you very much.

broncosteven
10-18-2011, 12:05 AM
He did. And they took the guy that gave him ALL of his shots in Denver, SF, etc, who happens to be his good friend on a personal level, and unceremoniously threw him out the door.

He won't coach here again in those circumstances, and quite frankly, has no need to.

Maybe I am misunderstanding the comment or have it out of context but I don't see why there would be any ill will on either side (EFX/Bowlen or Kubes)

Kubes left on his own to test his ablity, he has had some mixed results and may want to take a step back while he lookes over his misteps and maybe even bide some time for Fox to fail and get a 2nd shot a HC here.

I don't remember Kubes being run out the door, It was more that since Shanny was going to be "coach for life" at the time there was no where to move up any higher here in denver so off he went.

It was not like any one of our last 10 DC's who were run out of town because of poor play by their D/Scheme/use of talent. It was time to stretch the wings.

If Kubes can't get to the playoffs this year (which will mean winning the division he is done in Houston, he may also be done if he goes 1 and done in the playoffs.

Just a thought, no reason to think that Elway would get Zimmerman on his harley to buzz by Kubes house and try to talk him to come back for a few years and if Fox tanks he gets 1st shot at the HC gig.

broncosteven
10-18-2011, 12:18 AM
Just depends if Tebow is really in the plans. I don't think McCoy has done a bad job, considering what he's had to work with. But, If Tebow heads into next season as the starter... I wouldn't want to make him learn a new system again without very good reason.

I think Timmy (hell the same for Luck or whomever we draft to keep the pressure on timmy) would benefit from an oldschool QB coach who even is just brought in as an consultant during minicamps/TC/PS, some dude like Fassel or even John in a mini-camp type roll during TC we need someone who will be what Shanny was to Elway when Reeves was around coach him up by a guy with decades of NFL Experience not some dude who mCd brought in to be his yes man like he was to Belly during mCd's tenure in Patsy land.

I have not seen anything from mCoy that shouts "I am an experienced NFL OC/QB Coach". All I have seen from the O this year is Kyle regress from a Protect the ball QB into a QB with more turnovers than TD's. Suspect play calls for the 1st couple drives to start Timmys 3rd quarter.

They could even keep mCoy for the 2012 OC/QB coach but bring in some advisiors early in the MiniCamps and TC to help TIm find out what will work best for him and the Broncos offense in 2012. I like the idea of getting consulatants to help out, if they suck it is a few dollars lost nothing ventured nothing gained but if they help or find ways to use his strengths the kid could be a stud for years in the NFL.

HAT
10-18-2011, 12:20 AM

I floated this a few weeks ago when Houston was 3-1 and on their way to missing the playoffs again.

Get it done Elway.......OC or HC. Doesn't matter which.

Agamemnon
10-18-2011, 12:29 AM
I floated this a few weeks ago when Houston was 3-1 and on their way to missing the playoffs again.

How were they on their way to missing the playoffs at 3-1? I is confused...

HAT
10-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Watch their games & you might not be.

broncosteven
10-18-2011, 12:51 AM

I would rent the camper van that Rachel Nichols had to sleep in during Farverer watch over the last 3 years and park it outside Houston's training complex.
The minute Kubes is fired throw him in the back of the van and drive him straight to Dove Valley. We might have to explain the stink from all the tampon/pads/summers eve bottles, Mississippi's climate is hell on Rachel Nichols cooch.

Agamemnon
10-18-2011, 01:10 AM
Watch their games & you might not be.

I'll trust you on that. They never show the Texans where I live.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2011, 01:56 AM
I would personally load Fox and family's moving truck.

Bronco Yoda
10-18-2011, 02:01 AM

Or perhaps they could stop screwing with his mechanics until the game slows down for him a bit.