PDA

View Full Version : Tebow week starts now!

strafen
10-17-2011, 08:58 AM
Discuss! ;D
In before McGruder!!!

Dagmar
10-17-2011, 09:23 AM
The comma was unnecessary. ;)

MileHighMagic
10-17-2011, 09:29 AM
Tebowners all around!

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 09:30 AM
Run, Forrest! Run! ;D

jhns
10-17-2011, 09:33 AM
The wins start now!

broncocalijohn
10-17-2011, 09:51 AM
Run, Forrest! Run! ;D

what other choice does he have now?

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM

The receiver position is over-rated.

HooptyHoops
10-17-2011, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to watching the Broncos win a game!

riiiiick
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
What do Elway, Plummer and Tebow have in common?......leadership, intangibles off the charts and soon, WINS!!!

vonqkilla
10-17-2011, 09:59 AM
Go Broncos.

Gort
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
http://news.morenewsnow.com/files/tim-tebow-broncos-jerseybroncos-draft_500.jpg

... +5 bonus points if you noticed that Tebow was also in this photo.

Gort
10-17-2011, 10:02 AM
What do Elway, Plummer and Tebow have in common?......leadership, intangibles off the charts and soon, WINS!!!

"e" in their last names. know who doesn't have an "e" in his last name? Orton doesn't have an "e" in his last name. i blame his parents.

bendog
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
Tim doesn't need recievers. Tim wills receptions so they happen.

Seriously, the teams so undermanned its disheartening. But I hope for shotgun on anything more than 2nd and six. Maybe a couple of option plays. A couple of TB runs out of shotgun. TB gets 20-25 carries, and Tebow 2-3 plus the option plays.

Gort
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
BTW, i found a pic of MacGruder on a Gators website.

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/tebow-halloween-costume.jpg

bendog
10-17-2011, 10:05 AM
I know Elway didn't choke in an AFC championship, and I don't think Tebow would/will, but I'm just not sure he can get to one.

vonqkilla
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM
I know Elway didn't choke in an AFC championship, and I don't think Tebow would/will, but I'm just not sure he can get to one.

patience young buck.

Dude is a gamer, will do everything he can to get there.

<---- cares. Lol

That pic is classic stuff.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Well, with Lloyd gone, you guarantee that Tim will be looking at 7 in the box all day long. Maybe more.

vonqkilla
10-17-2011, 10:11 AM
Well, with Lloyd gone, you guarantee that Tim will be looking at 7 in the box all day long. Maybe more.

We are going to force nickel and a spy, good news for tes julius, screens, and slot wr willis.

broncocalijohn
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM

Only McGruder didnt notice the chick. I say -5 points if you noticed Tebow. Until you mentioned it, I just saw melons. BTW, you are gay for noticing Tebow.

bendog
10-17-2011, 10:20 AM
Only McGruder didnt notice the chick. I say -5 points if you noticed Tebow. Until you mentioned it, I just saw melons. BTW, you are gay for noticing Tebow.

I'm pretty sure Tim Tebow is not a Titty virgin.

Dagmar
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM

Let's try and get over .500 first.

bendog
10-17-2011, 10:23 AM
Let's try and get over .500 first.

It was in reference to Jake being in the same sentence as Elway or Tebow.

Gort
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM

to be honest. it's like one of those Where's Waldo cartoons. i mean i know Tebow is in the photo because the name of the photo is "tim-tebow-broncos-jerseybroncos-draft_500.jpg", but i really have no clue where he is.

BTW, i wonder if that photo has the same effect on Blart as garlic has on Dracula. not only are there 2 awesome melons in the photo, but also Tim Tebow. i'd imagine that's enough to send Blart running away shrieking in terror.

:)

riiiiick
10-17-2011, 10:46 AM
Would love to get back to that rare opportunity of AFCC, even choking it, knowing he has many years to redeem himself.

bendog
10-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm amused with all the Tebowites whining their pathetic asses off over trading Lloyd .... lol

pricejj
10-17-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm amused with all the Tebowites whining their pathetic asses off over trading Lloyd .... lol

What is pretty awesome, is that in the last two months, the FO traded away our #1 (Lloyd), and #2 (Gaffney) receivers, for a 2012 6th round pick.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:17 PM
What is pretty awesome, is that in the last two months, the FO traded away our #1 (Lloyd), and #2 (Gaffney) receivers, for a 2012 6th round pick.

But we got something instead of nothing. ::)

bendog
10-17-2011, 01:18 PM

You're not a mcdite, as I recall. I think the Gaffney trade was just about money. He was not appreciably better than Decker. I don't really understand the angst. It's a really ****ty team. With the new cba, rookies are cheaper than vets. Unless a vet's appreciably better, get younger guys. Eventually, they'll find Some R.Smith's E.Macs or Sharpes. It's numbers ... and scouting. Vets just don't have much value.

WABronco
10-17-2011, 01:19 PM

Life is not fair. For real.

WABronco
10-17-2011, 01:20 PM

Ha ha that is funny.

Winning!

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Life is not fair. For real.

And he didn't even sleep with her. Hilarious!

WABronco
10-17-2011, 01:27 PM
And he didn't even sleep with her. Hilarious!

The salt is oozing from the wounds of my soul.

strafen
10-17-2011, 01:35 PM
What is pretty awesome, is that in the last two months, the FO traded away our #1 (Lloyd), and #2 (Gaffney) receivers, for a 2012 6th round pick.The way I look at it...
If you can show me that both Lloyd and Gaffney would be the #1 and #2 on another team in the NFL, I'll buy your argument.
The fact that they wouldn't, just goes to show you how freakin' low our standards have gotten.

Please! we can definitely do better than that, can't we?
Gaffney and Lloyd and people are b****ing like we've lost some type of game breaker players?
Those guys are recycled players. They've gone thru the wringer a few times over.
Real #1 and #2 receivers in the NFL don't get traded.
About setting up our standards higher so we can compete with the NFL elite, huh?

bendog
10-17-2011, 01:40 PM
Yep, I'd rather see what Willis's got. And he's been practicing with tebow for two months.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 01:47 PM
The way I look at it...
If you can show me that both Lloyd and Gaffney would be the #1 and #2 on another team in the NFL, I'll buy your argument.
The fact that they wouldn't, just goes to show you how freakin' low our standards have gotten.

Please! we can definitely do better than that, can't we?
Gaffney and Lloyd and people are b****ing like we've lost some type of game breaker players?
Those guys are recycled players. They've gone thru the wringer a few times over.
Real #1 and #2 receivers in the NFL don't get traded.
About setting up our standards higher so we can compete with the NFL elite, huh?

What shows how low our standards have become is when the Broncos get raped in a trade and all the fans can say is "please sir, may I have another".

pricejj
10-17-2011, 02:42 PM
But we got something instead of nothing. ::)

If Gaffney and Lloyd were allowed to leave free agency...we would have gotten compensatory picks in return.

Gaffney would have probably netted at least a 6th rounder...Lloyd would have been better.

Asante Samuel netted the Patriots a the 97th overall pick when he left in free agency (compensatory picks are based on salary, playing time and post-season honors). Belicheat has been awarded 24 compensatory picks in his NE tenure.

Xanders must have forgotten about FA compensation.

pricejj
10-17-2011, 02:46 PM
You're not a mcdite, as I recall. I think the Gaffney trade was just about money. He was not appreciably better than Decker. I don't really understand the angst. It's a really ****ty team. With the new cba, rookies are cheaper than vets. Unless a vet's appreciably better, get younger guys. Eventually, they'll find Some R.Smith's E.Macs or Sharpes. It's numbers ... and scouting. Vets just don't have much value.

I hate Mcd and I often dream about meeting him in a dark alley...

Compensatory draft picks certainly have value. So what, if Gaffney or Lloyd didn't get huge numbers this year. Losing free agents has value, and it is how teams like the Patriots are able to add significant talent year after year.

As an aside, did trading away Lloyd give the Broncos "the best chance to win"?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-17-2011, 02:52 PM
http://assets.espn.go.com/magazine/Insider/111031_cover.png

kamakazi_kal
10-17-2011, 02:58 PM

allow me to be the first to say .... "f you bob."

your team had aspirations, we were in a rebulid year. kiss my a$$. The very least is we'll have some anwsers after this season.....

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
If Gaffney and Lloyd were allowed to leave free agency...we would have gotten compensatory picks in return.

Gaffney would have probably netted at least a 6th rounder...Lloyd would have been better.

Asante Samuel netted the Patriots a the 97th overall pick when he left in free agency (compensatory picks are based on salary, playing time and post-season honors). Belicheat has been awarded 24 compensatory picks in his NE tenure.

You are preaching to the choir.

Dedhed
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Pass.

broncswin
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM

thomas deep...lots of screens to merino...quick slants to royal...the normal over the middle 15-20 deep for decker...Julius will eat them up on the block and release

Dedhed
10-17-2011, 03:27 PM

Are you imagining that wouldn't have been the case anyway?

WABronco
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM

THATS PROBABLY WAITING IN MY MAILBOX OMGGGG

gunns
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM

Really?

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 04:59 PM
Really?

No, not really, unless you are a 14 year old boy. Then noticing Tebow might mean you are gay. Ha!

BroncoBen
10-17-2011, 05:14 PM

I call bullxhit... The compensation is based on the players last season. Lloyd numbers were already down and Gaffney was pretty much non existant last season... Maybe the Broncos get a late six pick... Nothing for Gaffney. If Lloyd stays healthy, he should have no problem catching 30 balls the rest of the season thus giving the broncos a 5th round pick.

bendog
10-18-2011, 08:04 AM
I call bullxhit... The compensation is based on the players last season. Lloyd numbers were already down and Gaffney was pretty much non existant last season... Maybe the Broncos get a late six pick... Nothing for Gaffney. If Lloyd stays healthy, he should have no problem catching 30 balls the rest of the season thus giving the broncos a 5th round pick.

Stop being realistic.

And what's the tebowited outrage de jour, or are we still griping about a 5 or 6 for Lloyd?

jhns
10-18-2011, 08:09 AM

Now the question is, will that fifth or sixth rounder turn into a player better than Lloyd. Tebow, Luck, or whatever drafted QB that ends up playing the next five years? Whoever it ends up being, he could have really used Lloyd. At some point, we have to pay some productive players or we won't get better.

Rohirrim
10-18-2011, 08:52 AM

The Num Cat says, "Num, num, num, num, num, num..."

bendog
10-18-2011, 09:08 AM
You are preaching to the choir.

you might want to look up what Samuels salary was ... wait, facts are unimportant to you. never mind.

AlphaSeirra
10-18-2011, 09:46 AM

Just a little FYI for some of the Babble-ling Band of Bronco Baboons! ;)

2011 #1 WR B.Lloyd was the ONLY Bronco player to make the 2011 ProBowl.

2011 #2 WR J.Gaffney = 16 gms, 11 starts, 65 for 875 yds, 13.5 ypr, Long 50 yds, 2 TD's.

2012 Gaffney - went from being the #2 WR in Denver, to the #1 WR in Washington.

Jabar's 2012 numbers after 5 games, 4 starts = 19 for 293 yds, 15.4 ypr, Long 45 yds, 1 TD.

S.Moss 2012 numbers after 5 games, 5 starts = 23 for 284 yds, 12.3 ypr, Long 36 yds, 2 TD's.

Also, I believe that Jabar is probably competeting with the deepest WR roster in the NFL.

Redskin's WR 'Active' list:
A.Armstrong - 2 years
T.Austin - 2 years
B.Banks - 2 years
J.Gaffney - 10 years
L.Harkerson - rookie
S.Moss - 11 years
N.Paul - rookie
D.Stallworth - 9 years

Current Skins Depth Chart (per NFL.com)
Gaffney --- Moss
Austin ---- Armstrong
Banks ---- Stallworth
None ----- Handerson

Jabar's Career NFL #'s:
394 for 4,968 yds, 12.6 ypr, Long 69 yds, 20 TD's.
He's also had 9 runs for a 6.2 ypc average.
Not HoF, but a very solid and consistent WR over a fairly long career (now in his 11th season). :wave:

Play2win
10-18-2011, 09:49 AM
"e" in their last names. know who doesn't have an "e" in his last name? Orton doesn't have an "e" in his last name. i blame his parents.

Or his parent's parents.

Or his parent's parent's parent's parent's.... parents.

LRtagger
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Just a little FYI for some of the Babble-ling Band of Bronco Baboons! ;)

2011 #1 WR B.Lloyd was the ONLY Bronco player to make the 2011 ProBowl.

2011 #2 WR J.Gaffney = 16 gms, 11 starts, 65 for 875 yds, 13.5 ypr, Long 50 yds, 2 TD's.

2012 Gaffney - went from being the #2 WR in Denver, to the #1 WR in Washington.

Jabar's 2012 numbers after 5 games, 4 starts = 19 for 293 yds, 15.4 ypr, Long 45 yds, 1 TD.

S.Moss 2012 numbers after 5 games, 5 starts = 23 for 284 yds, 12.3 ypr, Long 36 yds, 2 TD's.

Also, I believe that Jabar is probably competeting with the deepest WR roster in the NFL.

Redskin's WR 'Active' list:
A.Armstrong - 2 years
T.Austin - 2 years
B.Banks - 2 years
J.Gaffney - 10 years
L.Harkerson - rookie
S.Moss - 11 years
N.Paul - rookie
D.Stallworth - 9 years

Current Skins Depth Chart (per NFL.com)
Gaffney --- Moss
Austin ---- Armstrong
Banks ---- Stallworth
None ----- Handerson

Jabar's Career NFL #'s:
394 for 4,968 yds, 12.6 ypr, Long 69 yds, 20 TD's.
He's also had 9 runs for a 6.2 ypc average.
Not HoF, but a very solid and consistent WR over a fairly long career (now in his 11th season). :wave:

Also dont forget....he's a Gator :strong:

pricejj
10-18-2011, 10:13 AM

WRONG

The Patriots received a 6th round pick (#205 overall) after losing Jabar Gaffney to the Broncos in FA. In Gaffney's last year for the Patriots, he started 7 games while making $2.5M. Last year Gaffney made $2.5 while starting 11 games. Tough to tell how many games he would've started this year for the Broncos, but he would have netted at least a 6th.

Brandon Lloyd would have started 15 games for the Broncos this year. While he probably wouldn't have achieved All-Pro status in 2011, he may have made the Pro Bowl, which probably gets us a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2013.

Losing value on FA's (by not receiving compensatory picks) is precisely what this organization cannot afford to do. If Lloyd had a pro bowl year in 2011, and if Gaffney started half the games, Broncos get an extra 3rd and 6th in 2013. If we lose DJ, Royal, and Orton in free agency, we will probably receive two 6th round picks, and a 7th (depending on who we pick up in FA in the offseason).

pricejj
10-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Stop being realistic.

And what's the tebowited outrage de jour, or are we still griping about a 5 or 6 for Lloyd?

You are so totally wrong on this one. I am not a "tebowited" by any stretch of the imagination. If he sucks in the next 11 games, I am ready to move on. I am just sick and tired of Xanders making losing trades that make no sense for the long term prospects of this organization. Elway was specifically hired to "protect the brand". The Gaffney and Lloyd trade, not only, do not give this team "the best chance to win", but they also did not receive proper compensation.

Xanders does not understand compensatory picks...and just screwed the Broncos.

bowtown
10-18-2011, 10:26 AM
WRONG

The Patriots received a 6th round pick (#205 overall) after losing Jabar Gaffney to the Broncos in FA. In Gaffney's last year for the Patriots, he started 7 games while making $2.5M. Last year Gaffney made $2.5 while starting 11 games. Tough to tell how many games he would've started this year for the Broncos, but he would have netted at least a 6th.

Brandon Lloyd would have started 15 games for the Broncos this year. While he probably wouldn't have achieved All-Pro status in 2011, he may have made thePro Bowl, which probably gets us a 3rd or 4th rounder in 2013.

Losing value on FA's (by not receiving compensatory picks) is precisely what this organization cannot afford to do. If Lloyd had a pro bowl year in 2011, and if Gaffney started half the games, Broncos get an extra 3rd and 6th in 2013. If we lose DJ, Royal, and Orton in free agency, we will probably receive two 6th round picks, and a 7th (depending on who we pick up in FA in the offseason).

I'd rather have a high 5th this year that we have the felxibility of trading, than a low 4th next year that we have to use as is.

bendog
10-18-2011, 10:30 AM
You are so totally wrong on this one. I am not a "tebowited" by any stretch of the imagination. If he sucks in the next 11 games, I am ready to move on. I am just sick and tired of Xanders making losing trades that make no sense for the long term prospects of this organization. Elway was specifically hired to "protect the brand". The Gaffney and Lloyd trade, not only, do not give this team "the best chance to win", but they also did not receive proper compensation.

Xanders does not understand compensatory picks...and just screwed the Broncos.

I don't think you understand compensatory picks, but I did not mean to imply you were a tebowite. I just asked what their drama de jour was today. Nothing new, it appears.

The exact formula for a comp pick is something the nfl doesn't publish. But it involves a combination of salary, last season performance, and whether a guy was selected for post-season honors. Lloyd's base salary puts him somewhere around #60 of NFL wr's and his numbers this year look pretty supbar for an nfl wr.

pricejj
10-18-2011, 11:27 AM
I don't think you understand compensatory picks, but I did not mean to imply you were a tebowite. I just asked what their drama de jour was today. Nothing new, it appears.

The exact formula for a comp pick is something the nfl doesn't publish. But it involves a combination of salary, last season performance, and whether a guy was selected for post-season honors. Lloyd's base salary puts him somewhere around #60 of NFL wr's and his numbers this year look pretty supbar for an nfl wr.

I know it's tough to tell what compensation would have been, however let me make these points:

1. Brandon Lloyd is on pace for 1200 yards this season.
2. Lloyd would have, undoubtedtly, given the Broncos the "best chance to win".
3. Probably would have been a Pro Bowl selection, with 1200 yards on a poor team, with precious few bright spots.
4. You NEVER see teams trading their #1 All-Pro WR mid-year. Can you imagine the Steelers or Packers trading away their #1 WR after game 5? Just doesn't happen.
5. Sends THE WRONG message to prospective free agents, that Denver is not a good place to play (already combating this problem).
6. Champ Bailey "It sucks, he was one of the best players I've played with over my 13 year career".
7. What kind of message does this send your team? Quit on the season? We are looking for stability after Mcd wrecking ball.
8. Asante Samuel was franchised in '08 ($7.8M), Pro Bowl, and got the Patriots a 3rd rounder.
9. Would B. Lloyd bring a 3rd or a 4th in 2013? I don't know.
10. The team didn't like it. The fans didn't like it. Who does it benefit?

Overall a bad decision to trade away an All Pro mid season for a 6th round conditional pick. It is not worth the collateral damage that it causes the team. Elway should have prevented this. Xanders is trade happy (as is evidenced by all the draft day trades, and player trades). I bet they regret the decision today.

It needs to stop.

bendog
10-18-2011, 11:28 AM
We'll find out why Elway shipped the guy off. Given his track record, I'm pretty sure I know why already.

ps, there are 52 players in the nfl with more reciving yds than lloyd, and 62 with more catches.

Chris
10-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I hate Mcd and I often dream about meeting him in a dark alley...

Gay hate sex or something?

pricejj
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
Gay hate sex or something?

LOL

...not quite

It brings me great comfort that the Rams have the lowest scoring offense in the NFL (by far), and are 0-5. Whenever I think of it I smile, much like Mcd when leaving Dove Valley.

Now if only we can lock Xanders in the basement for an hour until the trade deadline passes, so he can't make any more calls...

Agamemnon
10-19-2011, 04:52 AM
you might want to look up what Samuels salary was ... wait, facts are unimportant to you. never mind.

You thought the Samuels portion of that post was the main thrust of it? Okay...

Shananahan
10-19-2011, 05:58 AM
Is this thread about Tebow?

Dagmar
10-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Gators eat Dolphins for breakfast

55CrushEm
10-19-2011, 09:52 AM
Interesting (and impressive) stat on Tebow....further backing up that he is a redzone machine. This is per the weeking (200+ page) Broncos weekly press release.....

"Tim Tebow ranks first amont active NFL quarterbacks in 'touchdown responsibility per offensive touch' since he entered the NFL. The secon-year player has accounted for 13 touchdowns in 148 career TOUCHES."

Here is the list....since Tebow entered the league last year.....

Player Touches TDs Pct.
1. Tim Tebow 148 13 8.78
2. Tom Brady 806 53 6.58
3. Aaron Rogers 817 51 6.24
4. Matt Stafford 358 22 6.15
5. Eli Manning 813 43 5.29

Though it was cool.....not only that....his percentage is significantly higher than Brady/Rogers.....

I picked up Tebow off waivers in my FF league last week....but had still planned on starting Schaub. I think I have to start Tebow, especially considering how bad Miami's defense is.

jhns
10-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Interesting (and impressive) stat on Tebow....further backing up that he is a redzone machine. This is per the weeking (200+ page) Broncos weekly press release.....

"Tim Tebow ranks first amont active NFL quarterbacks in 'touchdown responsibility per offensive touch' since he entered the NFL. The secon-year player has accounted for 13 touchdowns in 148 career TOUCHES."

Here is the list....since Tebow entered the league last year.....

Player Touches TDs Pct.
1. Tim Tebow 148 13 8.78
2. Tom Brady 806 53 6.58
3. Aaron Rogers 817 51 6.24
4. Matt Stafford 358 22 6.15
5. Eli Manning 813 43 5.29

Though it was cool.....not only that....his percentage is significantly higher than Brady/Rogers.....

I picked up Tebow off waivers in my FF league last week....but had still planned on starting Schaub. I think I have to start Tebow, especially considering how bad Miami's defense is.

I would start Tebow anyways. He was the top scoring fantasy player in all of football for the last three weeks of last season. Two of those games were against top defenses.

vancejohnson82
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I would start Tebow anyways. He was the top scoring fantasy player in all of football for the last three weeks of last season. Two of those games were against top defenses.

agreed....no matter how you THINK Tebow will play, you know he is going to put up some good fantasy numbers

even if he has a "bad" game he is going to put up 200 yards in the air and at least 50 on the ground....throw in a TD or two and thats a monster game

tebowisdabomb
10-19-2011, 10:51 AM
Tebow Tryout Day
It was a great day :~ohyah!:
http://www.raiderfans.org/oakland-raiders-forum/4227-tim-tebow-trys-out-denver.html

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 01:40 PM

Actually, he did.

bendog
10-19-2011, 01:53 PM
name it

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 02:05 PM
The pick 6 against the Bills, leading the team to 0 points before leaving the game.

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Although I forgot Treadwell missed 3 fgs that day.

bendog
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
yeah, and you forgot Elway got injured too, but thanks for playing.

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 02:29 PM
yeah, and you forgot Elway got injured too, but thanks for playing.

Don't be a f(ckstick. You are wrong on this one. Elway didn't get it done that day and leaving because of injury is no excuse. It was Kubiak who was in for the TD. Jackass.

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 02:30 PM
And learn to read, I did mention Elway leaving the game.

bendog
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Den was in Buff territory on all five first half possessions, and Treadwell missed 3 fgs. In the third qtr Elway's leg couldn't go any longer. that's not chocking. Go play with Timmy, tebowite.

MplsBronco
10-19-2011, 02:48 PM
WTF is your problem? Upset your little buddy Kyle didn't work out now you are afraid Tebow is going to prove you to be a fool?

pricejj
10-19-2011, 02:58 PM
How bad were the Broncos with Kyle Orton?

Offense:
Not including Cassius Vaughn's pick 6 for a touchdown, or Eric Decker's punt Return for a touchdown, the Broncos offense, led by Kyle Orton, scored 77 points in 4.5 games.
Offense = 17.1 ppg (27th in NFL)

Defense:
The Broncos defense gave up 134 points in 4.5 games (including Kyle Orton's pick 6).
Defense = 29.8 ppg (31st in NFL)

Let's see how the Broncos do with Tebow...much less 3-and-out's to wear down the defense...much more scoring (hopefully)...

I do believe it's Tebow Time :thumbs:

bendog
10-19-2011, 03:11 PM
NO Tebowite, I hope timmy does swimmingly, I am dman sick of you little Tebowite dip****s dissing anyone who doesn't bow down and worship your virgin god.

jhns
10-19-2011, 03:38 PM
NO Tebowite, I hope timmy does swimmingly, I am dman sick of you little Tebowite dip****s dissing anyone who doesn't bow down and worship your virgin god.

You mean like you do to every positive post about him? What a little girl.

Baba Booey
10-19-2011, 09:55 PM
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/25/1319086052350.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
10-19-2011, 10:54 PM

Offense:
Not including Cassius Vaughn's pick 6 for a touchdown, or Eric Decker's punt Return for a touchdown, the Broncos offense, led by Kyle Orton, scored 77 points in 4.5 games.

Defense:
The Broncos defense gave up 134 points in 4.5 games (including Kyle Orton's pick 6).

Let's see how the Broncos do with Tebow...much less 3-and-out's to wear down the defense...much more scoring (hopefully)...

dude i get where you are going with this and i am not trying to make excuses for Orton. but it is really pathetic that in your argument that you discount as offensive output a pick 6 by Vaughn, yet count a pick 6 thrown by Orton against the defense. either they count both ways or your point becomes invalid.

secondly, the defense is nowhere near as bad as the points against indicates. take off one game where Rodgers absolutely destroyed them and the points against is a lot closer to where the defense actually stands at about 22.6 points allowed a game which would place us right about 15th in the league. that 1 game against the best team in the league with the best QB in the game right now really blew out the stats on the defense..

Shananahan
10-19-2011, 11:04 PM
dude i get where you are going with this and i am not trying to make excuses for Orton. but it is really pathetic that in your argument that you discount as offensive output a pick 6 by Vaughn, yet count a pick 6 thrown by Orton against the defense. either they count both ways or your point becomes invalid.

secondly, the defense is nowhere near as bad as the points against indicates. take off one game where Rodgers absolutely destroyed them and the points against is a lot closer to where the defense actually stands at about 22.6 points allowed a game which would place us right about 15th in the league. that 1 game against the best team in the league with the best QB in the game right now really blew out the stats on the defense..
Good point on both, although I'd argue that the defense has been worse than your adjusted ppg has them (15th). QBs have been having their way with Denver, not just Rodgers. Some of that surely has to do with Champ being hurt, but I don't think you can say they're middle of the pack in this league when anybody lining up under center can complete around 65%% of his passes for a 100+ rating against them.

pricejj
10-19-2011, 11:37 PM

Orton didn't have anything to do with Vaughn's pick 6...so he doesn't get credit for those points.

I am counting total points scored against the Broncos because Orton either:
1. directly had something to do with it (pick 6, fumbles, interceptions)
2. or indirectly had something to do with it (3-and-outs, no scoring early, tiring the defense out by keeping them on field the whole first half, etc.)
3. had nothing to do with it

Like last year, I want to see how Tebow's ppg stack up against Orton's...
I also want to see if the defense improves, just by rolling with Tebow, instead of Orton.

If you take out the game against the Packers...instead of averaging 32.8 ppg (#1 in NFL), the Packers offense would average 29.6 ppg (#5 in NFL)...

Keep tally however you want bro.

MrPeepers
10-20-2011, 08:28 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread-Tebow/nfl-tim-tebow-was-denver-broncos-best-only-choice-quarterback-espn-magazine

for some reason this reminds me of an internet forum of two of my least favorite espin personalities.

strafen
10-20-2011, 08:32 AM
Well, 3 days until the Tebow era gets underway
I'm excited to watch football Sundays again.
I'm looking forward to see what the future holds.
This is the start of what we should be expecting out of Tebow on Sundays.
As the season plays out, he should be getting better at it.

Tebow said yesterday he's got a good understanding of the offense and that he felt comfortable in it and with the receivers. That's a huge plus.

Let the fun begin!!! Ha!

pricejj
11-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Offense:

Defense:

Halfway through Tebow's trial period, moving up the charts:

Offense:
Not including 2 punt returns for touchdowns, or 2 interceptions returned for touchdowns, the Broncos offense, led by Tim Tebow, has scored 116 points in 6.5 games.
Offense = 17.8 ppg (24th in NFL)(+0.7 ppg)

Defense:
The Broncos defense has given up 126 points in 6.5 games.
Defense = 19.4 ppg (8th in NFL)(-10.4 ppg)

Will this team be able to increase it's offensive output in order to make the playoffs?