PDA

View Full Version : Orton did NOT ask for a trade

UberBroncoMan
10-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Kyle Orton: Story deleted about Orton's trade request
Kyle Orton - QB - DEN - Oct. 17 - 12:24 am et

The Sporting News deleted a story Sunday night claiming Kyle Orton has asked the Broncos to trade him.

The Sporting News was in error. The story was published Sunday night, saying "So has QB Kyle Orton in a mini-stampede," after referring to Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal's trade demands. It was edited to correct that mistake initially, then completely taken down. Regardless, Orton has not requested a trade. That doesn't mean he won't be traded if the Broncos can find a suitor before Tuesday, of course.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3214&line=216841&spln=1

Again, corresponds with the info from this thread: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100602

theAPAOps5
10-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Well he did ask for a trade before the season, but I think they mean since the benching. I don't see Orton doing that, he isn't a Cutler on or off the field.

Dagmar
10-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, doesn't want to be traded. I sure wish we'd have gotten something for him.

BroncoMan4ever
10-16-2011, 11:06 PM
not surprised that Lloyd wanted a trade. he wants probably top receiver money and he had a good season, but i really don't think he is worth that much money.

Royal doesn't surprise me either. i mean he has a major break out rookie year that ranked amongst the best of all time, and then was phased out. McDaniels and his offense was geared solely towards Marshall and then Lloyd the following season. Royal is an extremely talented receiver and could put up monster numbers if he is used right. it would not surprise me in the least to see him leave and then end up having a Wes Welker-like career resurgance.

UberBroncoMan
10-16-2011, 11:20 PM
Expanded on by Vic. Surprising that Orton is going to go to the media with addressing this. Also evidence that Lloyd, Royal and possibly even DJ/Dawk are indeed up for grabs, etc.

http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/1513804257/newvicpic_normal.jpg
VicLombardi (http://twitter.com/#%21/VicLombardi) Vic Lombardi

Broncos also tell me Orton WILL address the media on this subject tomorrow. He was oblvious to the false reports circulating tonight.

According to Broncos official moments ago: "Kyle Orton strongly denies any trade demands. He wants to remain a Bronco".

Dagmar
10-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Expanded on by Vic. Surprising that Orton is going to go to the media with addressing this. Also evidence that Lloyd, Royal and possibly even DJ/Dawk are indeed up for grabs, etc.

Broncos also tell me Orton WILL address the media on this subject tomorrow. He was oblvious to the false reports circulating tonight.

According to Broncos official moments ago: "Kyle Orton strongly denies any trade demands. He wants to remain a Bronco".

I really don't believe this. He doesn't want to move because he's just had a kid.

smoke4815162342
10-17-2011, 12:51 AM
KO turned down 27 million from Miami, he must feel so stupid now

fontaine
10-17-2011, 01:32 AM
EFX is teeeeaaaaaaaaaaring dis team apaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrt!!

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 05:11 AM
Well he did ask for a trade before the season, but I think they mean since the benching. I don't see Orton doing that, he isn't a Cutler on or off the field.

True. Jay doesn't get benched.

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 05:13 AM
People understand that it was Ortons refusal to redo his deal that nixed that trade right? If he had wanted out of Denver he could be in Miami right now. No way he would help them though. For Orton to be good he needs a top 5 oline, running game, and a defense that makes big plays. Then he could game manage some wins.

Ray Finkle
10-17-2011, 05:54 AM
Orton didn't ask for the trade, the fans, the team, most of Denver did...

strafen
10-17-2011, 05:58 AM
Kyle Orton: Story deleted about Orton's trade request
Kyle Orton - QB - DEN - Oct. 17 - 12:24 am et

The Sporting News deleted a story Sunday night claiming Kyle Orton has asked the Broncos to trade him.

The Sporting News was in error. The story was published Sunday night, saying "So has QB Kyle Orton in a mini-stampede," after referring to Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal's trade demands. It was edited to correct that mistake initially, then completely taken down. Regardless, Orton has not requested a trade. That doesn't mean he won't be traded if the Broncos can find a suitor before Tuesday, of course.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=3214&line=216841&spln=1

Again, corresponds with the info from this thread: http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100602That's what Cutler said...

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 05:59 AM
Orton could have went to Miami, all he had to do was take a reasonable contract and it probably would have happened. He had a new kid, Miami stinks, its a long move etc etc. Plus he probably didn't want to play with marshall again, having a new baby, all the drama.

Jetmeck
10-17-2011, 06:01 AM

Yes he is not Cutler.....mentally or physically ? That what you meant to say ?

Play2win
10-17-2011, 06:03 AM
Lies, lies, and more lies. Who even need statistics, anymore?!?

Kaylore
10-17-2011, 06:32 AM
Orton could have went to Miami, all he had to do was take a reasonable contract and it probably would have happened. He had a new kid, Miami stinks, its a long move etc etc. Plus he probably didn't want to play with marshall again, having a new baby, all the drama.

Yeah going from one baby to two right away would suck.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 06:38 AM
KO turned down 27 million from Miami, he must feel so stupid now

Not what happened. But cool story, bro.

Gort
10-17-2011, 06:48 AM
People understand that it was Ortons refusal to redo his deal that nixed that trade right? If he had wanted out of Denver he could be in Miami right now. No way he would help them though. For Orton to be good he needs a top 5 oline, running game, and a defense that makes big plays. Then he could game manage some wins.

i think Orton would fit in Minnesota. i don't know how that team got so bad so quickly after going to the NFCC in 2009, but they have enough pieces to be competitive with a game manager under center. McNabb is not the answer for them. if Orton was smart, he'd be working with EFX to get a trade done there knowing that it may be one of his best fits as a free agent as well (thus they might be more motivated than Miami was to work with him on an extension). the only downside is that they got to face him twice a year when he was in Chicago and might not think as highly of him as he thinks of himself. still, it's better for the Broncos to try and trade him now for something, since he's not coming back next year and won't play again here this year. who knows, if McNabb continues to be ineffective, he could even end up playing in Minnesota before the season is over.

bowtown
10-17-2011, 06:54 AM
i think Orton would fit in Minnesota. i don't know how that team got so bad so quickly after going to the NFCC in 2009, but they have enough pieces to be competitive with a game manager under center. McNabb is not the answer for them. if Orton was smart, he'd be working with EFX to get a trade done there knowing that it may be one of his best fits as a free agent as well (thus they might be more motivated than Miami was to work with him on an extension). the only downside is that they got to face him twice a year when he was in Chicago and might not think as highly of him as he thinks of himself. still, it's better for the Broncos to try and trade him now for something, since he's not coming back next year and won't play again here this year. who knows, if McNabb continues to be ineffective, he could even end up playing in Minnesota before the season is over.

Ponder looked decent in limited action last night. I don't think Minn is looking for another retread fill-in. Their season is already over. Time to give the young guy a chance. I expect Ponder to start moving forward, or at least very soon.

LRtagger
10-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Yeah going from one baby to two right away would suck.

ZING!

gyldenlove
10-17-2011, 06:55 AM
I read somewhere that Orton speficially asked NOT to be traded after he was benched because he just had a kid and didn't want to go through moving in a hurry with a newborn.

Gort
10-17-2011, 07:31 AM
Ponder looked decent in limited action last night. I don't think Minn is looking for another retread fill-in. Their season is already over. Time to give the young guy a chance. I expect Ponder to start moving forward, or at least very soon.

you may be right. since the end of last season, i had hoped we could trade Orton to Minnesota for some defensive help or draft picks. since that didn't happen and since they've now got their own 1st round QB who they are ready to hand the wheel to, maybe the window for Orton going to Minnesota is now closed. i hadn't really paid much attention to their QB situation, but it looks like they are willing to see if Ponder is going to be their guy.

Orton really wet the bed for himself with that whole Miami deal. i think he overvalued himself and was expecting there to be a bidding war for his services in free agency. now that he's been benched as a starter, i'm hard-pressed to come up with any teams that would want him.

you know what they say, stupid QB is stupid.

Smiling Assassin27
10-17-2011, 07:34 AM

Ship him to Oakland.

bowtown
10-17-2011, 07:39 AM
you may be right. since the end of last season, i had hoped we could trade Orton to Minnesota for some defensive help or draft picks. since that didn't happen and since they've now got their own 1st round QB who they are ready to hand the wheel to, maybe the window for Orton going to Minnesota is now closed. i hadn't really paid much attention to their QB situation, but it looks like they are willing to see if Ponder is going to be their guy.

Orton really wet the bed for himself with that whole Miami deal. i think he overvalued himself and was expecting there to be a bidding war for his services in free agency. now that he's been benched as a starter, i'm hard-pressed to come up with any teams that would want him.

you know what they say, stupid QB is stupid.

Except I thought the last report was that they did have a deal in place with Denver and orton and then Miami's owner put the kibosh on it at the last minute.

Gort
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
Except I thought the last report was that they did have a deal in place with Denver and orton and then Miami's owner put the kibosh on it at the last minute.

Orton was expecting free agency and a big payday at the end of this season. he didn't want to give that up unless Miami was willing to reward him with a long term extension with the sort of money he expected (much of it guaranteed). Miami wasn't willing to do that, so the trade fell through, so i don't think there ever was a deal in place that Orton would agree to.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Orton was expecting free agency and a big payday at the end of this season. he didn't want to give that up unless Miami was willing to reward him with a long term extension with the sort of money he expected (much of it guaranteed). Miami wasn't willing to do that, so the trade fell through, so i don't think there ever was a deal in place that Orton would agree to.

Too bad no one told him that he needed to play well to get that payday...

BMF Bronco
10-17-2011, 08:19 AM
I would hate to see Orton go to a division rival, especially the raiduhs. Just because he sucks with us doesn't mean he doesn't have the mechanics to be good elsewhere. And with the way the football gods have been to us lately it would be perfectly fitting for him to go to the faid and become Kenny Stabler Jr.