PDA

View Full Version : How can we ever be successful if we keep trading away our best players?

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
What in the hell are we doing? How in the hell are we going to win when we consistently trade away our best players?

Jay Culter -- hate him or love him, but he was one of our top five players when he was here

Brandon Marshall -- he was a beast

Tony Scheffler -- Pretty good damn tight end, top 10 player on our roster

Peyton Hillis -- who knew he was that good. Can't blame them for this

And now, we are trying to trade away Lloyd and Royal for what, mid round picks? Who cares if they requested a trade. I'm sure players request trades all the time, ultimately to be denied by the front office.

We will never be good like this. Hell, they tried to trade away DJ this offseason.

What in the **** is the front office trying to do? Start 19 players on rookie contracts, and sprinkle in three veterans to round out the starting the lineup?

This is bull****. Bowlen must be broke. Why would you not resign Lloyd? Dude is only 30 years old. He lead the NFL in yards last season. Re-sign him. That is how you get better. You lineup players bettter than the oppenent has.

**** our front office. Instead of paying people, they trade them away. We aren't the Patriots. They have their core. We don't.

We are about to the be the Lions circa five years ago. Trade away our best players. WTF

tsiguy96
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
i wish we were the lions right now.

ColoradoDarin
10-16-2011, 07:28 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/random-68.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q227/dhaus5650/100828-f-060.jpg

Dagmar
10-16-2011, 07:31 PM

Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

oubronco
10-16-2011, 07:32 PM
Well you do see that we are a bottom 5 team now

SoCalBronco
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM

You know its bad when even tsiguy's eternal optimism has been broken.

Baba Booey
10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/9245/1318571816490.jpg

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:35 PM
What's the point of this whole exercise? Perform and get traded? That's stupid

tsiguy96
10-16-2011, 07:36 PM
You know its bad when even tsiguy's eternal optimism has been broken.

optimistic about tebow :strong:

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2011, 07:37 PM

And I'm sure you'd be willing to live through that decade of **** they put on the field to get to where they are now, am I right?

Matt Millen
0-16
Etc

I'm sure you'd have been totally on board with that.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:38 PM
I guarantee you that the front office low-balled Lloyd and Royal. Lloyd was actually a good soldier, performed out of his ass and didn't bring his contract up one time this offeseason. Take care of the guy. He is obviously a matchup problem for teams. Why get rid of him?

Bronx33
Its called the (MASTER PLAN) dont ask about it only know it exist and john elway has it in manilla folder in his desk.

oubronco
And I'm sure you'd be willing to live through that decade of **** they put on the field to get to where they are now, am I right?

Matt Millen
0-16
Etc

As long as Tebow was the QB i'm sure they would be fine with it

oubronco
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Its called the (MASTER PLAN) dont ask about it only know it exist and john elway has it in manilla folder in his desk.

Suck for Luck :strong:

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I guarantee you that the front office low-balled Lloyd and Royal. Lloyd was actually a good soldier, performed out of his ass and didn't bring his contract up one time this offeseason. Take care of the guy. He is obviously a matchup problem for teams. Why get rid of him?

And you have no clue what a known headcase in Lloyd is asking for

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:42 PM
And you have no clue what a known headcase in Lloyd is asking for

Toe the line. The Broncos could trade away everyone besides Tebow and you would be with it. Admit it.

We are one of the worst teams in the league and we are trying to trade away our only pro-bowler. That makes sense to you? How do you defend that?

bronco militia
10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
Toe the line. The Broncos could trade away everyone besides Tebow and you would be with it. Admit it.

We are one of the worst teams in the league and we are trying to trade away our only pro-bowler. That makes sense to you? How do you defend that?

we are trading champ??!?1

Archer81
Old bitching is old.

:Broncos:

bronco0608
You don't get better by trading away your best players. Hello. This has to be dumbest plan I've ever seen

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
we are trading champ??!?1

Champ? Champ was a fan base move only. Dude can't even stay on the field. How many years has it been since he has made a major play in a game? 2009? Get real.

bronco militia
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
You don't get better by trading away your best players. Hello. This has to be dumbest plan I've ever seen

is it ok if we trade away players that don't plan on being here next year?

Archer81
10-16-2011, 07:48 PM

...if they are a) in the last year of their contract and b) show no signs of wanting to resign with the team...you try and move them to get something for them.

Also, why dont you focus on the now. Its almost like you are stuck in the 2008 offseason.

Roll with it, giggles, or dont. It wont change what the team will do.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:49 PM
And have you the talent we have drafted in the middle rounds since 2000? We have drafted nothing but nobodies. Doesn't make a lick of sense. What, you guys want another Seth Olsen? Kenny McKinley? Dorset Davis? It's a crapshoot.

These guys don't want to pay anyone. Its all fringe free agents and rookies from here on out.

ColoradoDarin
10-16-2011, 07:50 PM

Derek Anderson is a pro-bowler
Vince Young is a pro-bowler (twice!)

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
is it ok if we trade away players that don't plan on being here next year?

Pay'em. I'm sure they are lowballing Lloyd. This is a last resort for him. Cheap owner, gullible fans. Just give these fags Tebow and they will be happy with anything.

Hell, you are defending trading away our best player for mid-round crap. Get real

bronco militia
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM
Champ? Champ was a fan base move only. Dude can't even stay on the field. How many years has it been since he has made a major play in a game? 2009? Get real.

so you're ok if we trade champ instead?

:giggle:

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2011, 07:53 PM

I said before the season I thought they'd trade Lloyd at the deadline because he's 30, is a pending UFA, has put together 1 good season, is a known headcase, and it's a waste of money since they're not going to be competitive in the near future. That has nothing to do with toeing the line. That's looking at this team logically. Now we're at the deadline and people just can't seem to grasp why they might be trading him.

This is Suck for Luck and they're in a race for the bottom. Newsflash for what seems to be a large chunk of this board- They are not trying to win this year. Elway's plan is do everything he can to get his QB and build from there.

Archer81
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
Pay'em. I'm sure they are lowballing Lloyd. This is a last resort for him. Cheap owner, gullible fans. Just give these fags Tebow and they will be happy with anything.

Hell, you are defending trading away our best player for mid-round crap. Get real

This post is proof why alcohol and ambien is a bad idea. You couple that with a whiny douche and voila, this gem of insight.

oubronco
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
I said before the season I thought they'd trade Lloyd at the deadline because he's 30, is a pending UFA, has put together 1 good season, is a known headcase, and it's a waste of money since they're not going to be competitive in the near future. That has nothing to do with toeing the line. That's looking at this team logically. Now we're at the deadline and people just can't seem to grasp why they might be trading him.

This is Suck for Luck and they're in a race for the bottom. Newsflash for what seems to be a large chunk of this board- They are not trying to win this year. Elway's plan is do everything he can to get his QB and build from there.

I agree with the Suck for Luck but can you elaborate on the headcase thing

oubronco
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
This post is proof why alcohol and ambien is a bad idea. You couple that with a whiny douche and voila, this gem of insight.

Hilarious!

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM

Really, Elways plan is to be the worst team in the league to get Luck? You really think that is his plan? Suck so bad, battle so many other ****ty teams, and by the luck of chance, get the number one pick?

You got to be stupid. What if the Broncos end up with the 2nd pick? What's the plan then?

bronco militia
10-16-2011, 07:56 PM
This post is proof why alcohol and ambien is a bad idea.

sounds like a good fix for constipation

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 07:57 PM

post edited by moderator; no need to go there.

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Really, Elways plan is to be the worst team in the league to get Luck? You really think that is his plan? Suck so bad, battle so many other ****ty teams, and by the luck of chance, get the number one pick?

You got to be stupid. What if the Broncos end up with the 2nd pick? What's the plan then?

A wide receiver for tebow to throw too.. Hilarious!

Archer81
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Better question is why do you? You clearly aren't.

oubronco
10-16-2011, 07:58 PM

stay classy

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Better question is why do you? You clearly aren't.

--some content edited by moderator--other posters' personal lives aren't relevant here-- You are a waste of space. You bring nothing to table. Why are you here?

DHallblows
10-16-2011, 08:02 PM

I see that you don't understand how good CBs play. Which would explain the rest of your terrible takes in this thread

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 08:02 PM
hummm

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2011, 08:03 PM
I agree with the Suck for Luck but can you elaborate on the headcase thing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/31/AR2006123101079_pf.html

NFLBRONCO
10-16-2011, 08:05 PM

We are (just the old) Lions version

Archer81
10-16-2011, 08:05 PM
--some content edited by moderator--other posters' personal lives aren't relevant here-- You are a waste of space. You bring nothing to table. Why are you here?

Yes. I clearly decided many years ago to buck 2 million years of human evolution and pick a lifestyle that would open me up to baseless attacks such as this from dickless cretins such as yourself.

As for why I am here, I am pretty witty and charming. I also follow football and happen to like the Denver Broncos. Unless you are suggesting my interests lie outside the realm of sportsfan.

Douche.

DENVERDUI55
10-16-2011, 08:06 PM
When we get luck. That's only way to turn this **** around quick.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM

Awwwwww, the little troll makes it personal. Just keep hoping that the great talent that is Tony Scheffler comes back, or that another **** up from a long suspension in Brandon Marshall cones home too. Yeah, we're all the stupid ones here, thank God your genius is still able to shine through for even the idiots to see.

And yes, this is Suck for Luck. If they pick 2nd or lower, then his plan clearly backfired.

NFLBRONCO
10-16-2011, 08:07 PM
When we get luck. That's only way to turn this **** around quick.

Agreed

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:08 PM
Yes. I clearly decided many years ago to buck 2 million years of human evolution and pick a lifestyle that would open me up to baseless attacks such as this from dickless cretins such as yourself.

As for why I am here, I am pretty witty and charming. I also follow football and happen to like the Denver Broncos. Unless you are suggesting my interests lie outside the realm of sportsfan.

Douche.

post edited by moderator

myMind
10-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Jay Culter -- hate him or love him, but he was one of our top five players when he was here

Jay Cutler -- Showed his true colors in his first and only championship game.

Brandon Marshall -- Losing his mind in Miami

Tony Scehhler -- Now a role player on a hopeful squad.

Peyton Hillis -- Had a breakout season followed by a slump (Madden/injury related) surprise surprise.

What's your point? Cutler was the man to hold all these pieces in place with leadership and results. What happened the last season they all played together? The most iconic and successful coach we've ever had here got ****canned. Deal with it, can't change the past man.

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
--post edited by moderator--

You are 41 years old and act like you are 13. Something is DEFINITELY WRONG with you.

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 08:10 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/31/AR2006123101079_pf.html

damn!! nice find herc.

"What I saw is that he's not coachable," the teammate said. "He would go off on [wide receivers coach] Stan Hixon all the time and say, 'Bro, that's not how it's done!' right to his face. And we would kind of laugh, like not because it was really funny, but it was funny in that uncomfortable sense of, 'I can't believe he just said that.' "

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:11 PM
Awwwwww, the little troll makes it personal. Just keep hoping that the great talent that is Tony Scheffler comes back, or that another **** up from a long suspension in Brandon Marshall cones home too. Yeah, we're all the stupid ones here, thank God your genius is still able to shine through for even the idiots to see.

And yes, this is Suck for Luck. If they pick 2nd or lower, then his plan clearly backfired.

Ya' think? So when his plan backfires, what are you going to say then? How about we keep sucking for the next ten years and hopefully we get a number one pick when we have a chance to pick number one, the right franchise guy will there. Get the **** out of here.

Suck for luck. We aren't even the worst team in the league.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM
You are 41 years old and act like you are 13. Something is DEFINITELY WRONG with you.

I don't hold it against you. You are the product of social engineering. They could your dumb ass to accept pedophilia and you would defend it till your dying day.

You are stupid and easily manipulated. What can I say?

Blueflame
10-16-2011, 08:13 PM
Knock it off, bronco0608. Other posters' lifestyle choices are no one's business but their own. Keep it to football on the main forum, please.

/mod mode

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:15 PM
You are stupid and easily manipulated. What can I say?

Probably not much. I'm expecting at least a month ban for your douche nature.

bronco0608
Knock it off, bronco0608. Other posters' lifestyle choices are no one's business but their own. Keep it to football on the main forum, please.

/mod mode

The bleep attacked me first. Look at his post. Come on, you can't speak freely on a message board? What ever happen to open discussion?

I remember Slap. Do you?

Archer81
Post edited by moderator

I have to say I am getting increasingly disapointed by the morons around here lately. No word crafting, no subtle banter. It's sad, really.

1. Of course. Anyone of age who engages in sex makes a decision to have sex. I am going to assume you like women. Did you ever make a conscious decision to be sexually attracted to women? Now what makes you think it is any different for gays or lesbians? The choice is to engage in sex, not what you are attracted to in the first place.

And if everyone was like me, this world would be very, very boring. Fortunately though not everyone is like you.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Probably not much. I'm expecting at least a month ban for your douche nature.

Let them tell you what to defend next. Go shut the **** up.

Blueflame
10-16-2011, 08:17 PM
The bleep attacked me first. Look at his post. Come on, you can't speak freely on a message board? What ever happen to open discussion?

I remember Slap. Do you?

I saw where he attacked your opinion; not you personally...

Slap has nothing to do with this.

If you want to debate whether or not homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle choice, feel free to start a thread in WRP. We don't need this on the main forum; it is NOT football-related.

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM

No thanks babycakes.

Dagmar
10-16-2011, 08:19 PM
post edited by moderator

Wow dude. Wow. What a horrible person you are.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I saw where he attacked your opinion; not you personally...

Slap has nothing to do with this.

If you want to debate whether or not homosexuality is an acceptable lifestyle choice, feel free to start a thread in WRP. We don't need this on the main forum; it is NOT football-related.

No, but you never stood up to him. So don't do it now. Really, open discourse, let it be. Why does it offend you talk openly about things? **** PC.

Archer81
10-16-2011, 08:21 PM

http://tinyurl.com/4o5uyxc

NFLBRONCO
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Suck for luck. We aren't even the worst team in the league.

Yes we are on paper.

Teams that have a bad record this season are having a bad season record wise but, on paper they are alot more talented then we are is what I go by and believe.

We are the old Lions now. Hopefully we will hit jackpot with high draft picks for a few years.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Wow dude. Wow. What a horrible person you are.

Horrible? Really? You don't think for yourself. You think what goes along with the crowd. You are the spineless, piece of **** that makes this world what it is. Oh, oh, they want me to think like this? Ok, I will. Because, I want everyone to like me. I'm just like you. Tell me what I should think. I just want to be part of the herd.

Blueflame
10-16-2011, 08:23 PM
No, but you never stood up to him. So don't do it now. Really, open discourse, let it be. Why does it offend you talk openly about things? **** PC.

Whatever. You've already had all the warnings you're gonna get tonight.

Broncos4Life
10-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Where is McGruder?

Archer81
10-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Silliness, squared.

Bronx33
Where is McGruder?

Having a late dinner with his tebow blow up doll.

Requiem
Horrible? Really? You don't think for yourself. You think what goes along with the crowd. You are the spineless, piece of **** that makes this world what it is. Oh, oh, they want me to think like this? Ok, I will. Because, I want everyone to like me. I'm just like you. Tell me what I should think. I just want to be part of the herd.

http://adventoutpost.com/wp-content/uploads/EARL.png

DHallblows
10-16-2011, 08:27 PM

Because you clearly formed this opinion on your own and not from your parents and fellow redneck friends throughout life.

bronco0608
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
Because you clearly formed this opinion on your own and not from your parents and fellow redneck friends throughout life.

Rednecks? What the **** you know about rednecks? You hate white people?

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bYdFfPA9yeQ/TZS6qHGcveI/AAAAAAAAAAU/cKgdlTmm05Y/s1600/Is-friday-I-hate-you-bicht.jpg

Archer81
10-16-2011, 08:32 PM

http://tinyurl.com/6cj2ppm

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM

http://learnsomethingnewtoday.us/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/redneck-toilet.jpg

DHallblows
10-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Hilarious! Ok, I'll bite.

I don't know much about rednecks. I know they embarrass other Americans when they try to give reasoning behind their piss-poor opinions.

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000915491/hate_white_people_shirt_xlarge.gif

McDman
10-16-2011, 08:35 PM
What in the hell are we doing? How in the hell are we going to win when we consistently trade away our best players?

Jay Culter -- hate him or love him, but he was one of our top five players when he was here May have been a mistake but I don't see Jay ever going all the way. He is uncoachable and is a b****. If he would just listen and stop throwing off his back foot he'd be awesome.

Brandon Marshall -- he was a beast He was and is overrated. He is a glorified possession receiver and a head case to boot. We got great compensation for him, well worth it.

Tony Scheffler -- Pretty good damn tight end, top 10 player on our roster He was a solid receiving tight end but that is about it. I've seen Pettigrew used more in Detroit, maybe he is hurt though, IDK.

Peyton Hillis -- who knew he was that good. Can't blame them for this He has been benched in Cleveland and done nothing all year, oh well.

And now, we are trying to trade away Lloyd and Royal for what, mid round picks? Who cares if they requested a trade. I'm sure players request trades all the time, ultimately to be denied by the front office.

Both have requested trades and are FA next year. What is the advantage of keeping them? We are not going to win this year and it is clear we need all the draft picks we are going to get. Our FO had a good draft last year and more picks could be very beneficial to us.

We will never be good like this. Hell, they tried to trade away DJ this offseason.

DJ has not looked good this year when he has been able to play. Plus, isn't he due a suspension for his DUI? If he gets another it is an automatic for or eight game anyways.

What in the **** is the front office trying to do? Start 19 players on rookie contracts, and sprinkle in three veterans to round out the starting the lineup?

This is bull****. Bowlen must be broke. Why would you not resign Lloyd? Dude is only 30 years old. He lead the NFL in yards last season. Re-sign him. That is how you get better. You lineup players bettter than the oppenent has.

Maybe he doesn't want to stay here. If we truly are going to a running offense then why keep him? His blocking is below par and we won't be utilizing his skill set.

**** our front office. Instead of paying people, they trade them away. We aren't the Patriots. They have their core. We don't.

It has been one year with this FO, ONE! People need to calm the hell down and step off of the ledge. It's pathetic.

We are about to the be the Lions circa five years ago. Trade away our best players. WTF

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 08:36 PM

white power!!

DHallblows
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM

Solid episode :~ohyah!:

McDman
10-16-2011, 08:40 PM

MacGruder, is that you?

McDman
10-16-2011, 08:42 PM
I gave my response to the OP before reading all of this goodness.

I'm disappointed the mod changed the OP's posts, I'd like to have read what they said.

myMind
10-16-2011, 08:43 PM
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4536/loldwu.jpg

...at this thread

Bronx33

I'm disappointed the mod changed the OP's posts, I'd like to have read what they said.

They were righty removed.

Requiem
bronco0608. . .

http://www.wrestlingsuperstars.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/061206hbk2.jpg

Archer81

No, you really wouldnt.

McDman
10-16-2011, 08:45 PM
No, you really wouldnt.

It's always entertaining to read a bigoted/prejudice rant by some ignorant fool. It makes me feel like a better person.

TheChamp24
10-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Trade away our best players?
Lloyd I honestly don't care about. He had a career year last year that would've been nearly impossible to even come close to repeating. He's a solid WR but not the god he was made out to be from last year.
Royal had an amazing rookie year, which I feel was made impressive due to coaching and a gunslinger at QB throwing him open. He had a decent bounceback year last year, but that production isn't necessarily going to be difficult to replace.

Requiem
10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I'd keep our offensive line (starters), Tim Tebow, Knowshon Moreno, Willis McGahee, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green on the offensive side of the ball.

I'd keep Rahim Moore, DJ Williams, Von Miller, Champ Bailey and Robert Ayers on defense. Keep the rest of the defensive rookies (Irving and Carter) for potential, although I think they will just be back-up players. I would try and get rid of Elvis Dumervil unless he would take a pay cut because his one-dimensional play isn't worth 14 million a year.

Fill out the rest over time. Roster overhaul.

TheChamp24
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I'd keep our offensive line (starters), Tim Tebow, Knowshon Moreno, Willis McGahee, Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas, Julius Thomas, Virgil Green on the offensive side of the ball.

I'd keep Rahim Moore, DJ Williams, Von Miller, Champ Bailey and Robert Ayers on defense. Keep the rest of the defensive rookies (Irving and Carter) for potential, although I think they will just be back-up players. I would try and get rid of Elvis Dumervil unless he would take a pay cut because his one-dimensional play isn't worth 14 million a year.

Fill out the rest over time. Roster overhaul.

Man, I remember being so hesitant on giving Dumervil that money. I remember being pissed on by some folk on here for not wanting to lock up one of our "sure fire young studs".
I'm sorry, but he isn't worth that elite money we're paying him.

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 05:38 AM

Where were you people when I was calling him out for being a ****ty teammate months ago? >.<

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 05:41 AM
After reading through: Wow strong thread.

jhns
10-17-2011, 06:06 AM
I miss Cutler. The other moves were dumb but the Cutler thing may have been the worst move in NFL history.

DrFate
10-17-2011, 06:10 AM
Very few of these players are franchise changers anyway. Team is 1-4. You lose Lloyd, Orton, and Royal. Team would still suck.

The foundation of this franchise is Clady, Miller, and Dumervil. Hang on to the guys from the 2011 draft and maybe a guy like Ayers who is starting to come around. Decker looks like a decent player. I won't miss anyone else.

hookemhess
10-17-2011, 06:26 AM
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VePxbFQ-qfw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 06:34 AM
bronco0608 has never heard the term "long term planning."

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 06:42 AM
When are you going to start seeing that Bowlen is the only one that has been here through all of the purging?

Go ask a Bills fan about Ralph Wilson and the things he has done over the years.

At some point you need to realize that Bowlen is the only common denominator in this deal.

The Cutler thing....I will always blame on Bus Cook and Cutler trying get a new contract. Peter King reported, before any trade rumor of Mcdaniels, that Cutler wanted out when Shanahan and Bates left.

All of a sudden there is a rumor about some GM contacting Mcdaniels. Would it shock any of you which players are discussed in trades every year? All of a sudden Cutler wouldnt return Bowlens phone calls, or talk to anyone with out his agent (Bus Cook) being present. He had already had his house for sale when he was telling the media he was intending to stay. You ever see how Bus Cook does things? Well, one of hs clients is Brett favre and another was Steve Mcnair. They both used the public pressure to leverage themselves into better deals. That is one thing agents will do.

You see what Hillis's agent had him doing with a sickness?

The more we learn about the tricks behind the scenes the more I am not surprised by anything.

bowtown
10-17-2011, 06:49 AM
Wait, sirhcynnek is gay?

jhns
10-17-2011, 06:54 AM
When are you going to start seeing that Bowlen is the only one that has been here through all of the purging?

Go ask a Bills fan about Ralph Wilson and the things he has done over the years.

At some point you need to realize that Bowlen is the only common denominator in this deal.

The Cutler thing....I will always blame on Bus Cook and Cutler trying get a new contract. Peter King reported, before any trade rumor of Mcdaniels, that Cutler wanted out when Shanahan and Bates left.

All of a sudden there is a rumor about some GM contacting Mcdaniels. Would it shock any of you which players are discussed in trades every year? All of a sudden Cutler wouldnt return Bowlens phone calls, or talk to anyone with out his agent (Bus Cook) being present. He had already had his house for sale when he was telling the media he was intending to stay. You ever see how Bus Cook does things? Well, one of hs clients is Brett favre and another was Steve Mcnair. They both used the public pressure to leverage themselves into better deals. That is one thing agents will do.

You see what Hillis's agent had him doing with a sickness?

The more we learn about the tricks behind the scenes the more I am not surprised by anything.

I didn't think it was possible to be that far away from reality.

McDaniels, Bowlen, Cutler, and Cook have all denied that Culter asked for a trade then. Cutler was in the facility, working with McDaniels in his off time... That sure sounds like something an upset Cutler would do! He had one of his three places in Denver up for sale well before that offseason...

It takes very little common sense to see how horrible your theries are.

Your hero McDaniels is gone. It is ok to come back to reality now. There is no reason to still be trying to justify the **** he did here.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 07:00 AM
As far as the "Suck for Luck" theory goes, I really don't see anybody beating out Indy for that pick. As usual, Bill Polian had his team ahead of the curve on that one. They won't win a game. The NFL should institute a special rule, for this year only: If you had Peyton Manning, you don't get to pick Andrew Luck. It's just not right. It will set up some sort of harmonic imbalance in the universe.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:01 AM
I didn't think it was possible to be that far away from reality.

McDaniels, Bowlen, Cutler, and Cook have all denied that Culter asked for a trade then. Cutler was in the facility, working with McDaniels in his off time... That sure sounds like something an upset Cutler would do! He had one of his three places in Denver up for sale well before that offseason...

It takes very little common sense to see how horrible your theries are.

They can deny anything they want. I saw the article before there was any rumor of any trades.

I think Bus Cook orchestrated everything.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/peter_king_cutler_had_already_asked_to_be_traded/528828
If you werenít a Jay Cutler fan before, youíre really going to like him now.

Remember how upset Cutler was after his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? Well according to SI.comís Peter King, Cutler had already asked the Broncos to trade him, long before the events of this weekend took place.

Via Rotoworld.com:

According to SIís Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Cutler wasnít happy about losing Bates or head coach Mike Shanahan, and heís not handling the recent trade talks well at all. It doesnít look like the Broncos are going to trade Cutler at this point, so, as King suggested, ďmaybe both sides need to get into marriage counseling.Ē

Youíre kidding me right? Cutler had already asked to be traded after Shanahan and Bates were fired, yet said he was shocked when his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? I guess he still could have been surprised by all the news, but for him to say how upset he was about the whole thing makes him look two-faced with this latest information coming to the table.

Any way you slice it, the Josh McDaniels era in Denver has not started off well. Cutler isnít expected to be dealt any time this offseason, so that means the two parities will have to come together and bury the hatchet before the start of next season. These things tend to work themselves out and the situation will probably be a dead one by the time Week 1 hits, but again, this isnít a good start for McDaniels.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:05 AM
The can deny anything they want. I saw the article before there was any rumor of any trades.

I think Bus Cook orchestrated everything.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/peter_king_cutler_had_already_asked_to_be_traded/528828
If you werenít a Jay Cutler fan before, youíre really going to like him now.

Remember how upset Cutler was after his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? Well according to SI.comís Peter King, Cutler had already asked the Broncos to trade him, long before the events of this weekend took place.

Via Rotoworld.com:

According to SIís Peter King, Jay Cutler had asked the Broncos to trade him after the team lost offensive coordinator Jim Bates to USC after the season.

Cutler wasnít happy about losing Bates or head coach Mike Shanahan, and heís not handling the recent trade talks well at all. It doesnít look like the Broncos are going to trade Cutler at this point, so, as King suggested, ďmaybe both sides need to get into marriage counseling.Ē

Youíre kidding me right? Cutler had already asked to be traded after Shanahan and Bates were fired, yet said he was shocked when his name came up in trade talks over the weekend? I guess he still could have been surprised by all the news, but for him to say how upset he was about the whole thing makes him look two-faced with this latest information coming to the table.

Any way you slice it, the Josh McDaniels era in Denver has not started off well. Cutler isnít expected to be dealt any time this offseason, so that means the two parities will have to come together and bury the hatchet before the start of next season. These things tend to work themselves out and the situation will probably be a dead one by the time Week 1 hits, but again, this isnít a good start for McDaniels.

So you believe one rumor that had no other source and refuse to believe everyone involved in the situation? The same Cutler that wouldn't answer calls is the one that was so upset before that he came to work in his off time?

You are a clown. Your hero is gone. There is zero reason to still be trying to justify him making this franchise the worst it has ever been.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 07:11 AM
So you believe one rumor that had no other source and refuse to believe everyone involved in the situation? The same Cutler that wouldn't answer calls is the one that was so upset before that he came to work in his off time?

You are a clown. Your hero is gone. There is zero reason to still be trying to justify him making this franchise the worst it has ever been.

Ha.

Hahaha.

2009 was so neat. We should relive it. Again.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 07:12 AM
Ha.

Hahaha.

That was 2009?

Seems longer than that.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Ha.

Hahaha.

We should. It is fun to make excuses for the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

No matter what you McFans say, you still look like idiots for defending him.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 07:14 AM
The worst thing that ever happened to this franchise was losing Cutler?

Hmmm. Doesn't seem so bad.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:15 AM

I remember reading that he wanted out before there was one trade rumor.

It doesnt matter. You can insult me all you want, and you can think your great scapegoat is the only reason for everything that has happened. Well Mcdaniels is gone now and there are similar things happening now.

I know, Peter King must have totally made all of that up. Just made it up out of thin air. You dontthink agents would do anything like that.

Of course they wouldnt do things like that.

You can insult me all you want. Anyone with a thinking brain knows there is something to what I am saying. It is too bad that I offended your paradigm. I know.....its hard to think there is more to a story than your point of view.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:16 AM

He just had two straight games with out an INT for the second time in his career though.

He has been so consistent. Waaaaaaaah!. <sarcasm>

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:20 AM
We should. It is fun to make excuses for the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise.

Noone is defending him Just that there is more to it than Mcdaniels.

Are you that offended by that?

Really? Dont think Bowlen could have stopped the whole thing? Bowlen fired Shanahan. Bowlen has been frugal dating back to 2008 when he let go ted Sunquist.

Now, there are more trade rumors of the stars and Mcdnaiels is not here.

Yet, your whole scapegoat is Mcdaniels and thats it? Yeah, then you have the audacity to call someone like me names?

Mcdaniels was a cross eyed, short, Napolean, butt hole freak and I am glad he is gone. However that situation wasnt all on him.

Deal with it.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 07:20 AM
He just had two straight games with out an INT for the second time in his career though.

He has been so consistent. Waaaaaaaah!. <sarcasm>

Did you see the film of him this week tearing pages out of the polaroids his coach was showing him and throwing them away like a kid having a tantrum? I'm surprised the coach didn't stick a pacifier in his mouth.

I don't miss that little prick at all. ;D

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Did you see the film of him this week tearing pages out of the polaroids his coach was showing him and throwing them away like a kid having a tantrum? I'm surprised the coach didn't stick a pacifier in his mouth.

I don't miss that little prick at all. ;D

He has great skills, but he is identical to Jeff George in so many ways it crazy.

Now he has two good games in a row and Broncos fans are whining.

Could you imagine if Tebow threw 26 picks in his first season like Cutler did in his 4th season?

Haters are just gonna hate.

Gort
I miss Cutler.

i don't think anybody here doesn't already know this about you.

he's the yin to your yang. he's the peanut butter to your jelly. in fact, if you were a chick and he was Travis Henry, you'd be his baby mama #7. we get it. you really, really, really miss Cutler.

jhns
I remember reading that he wanted out before there was one trade rumor.

It doesnt matter. You can insult me all you want, and you can think your great scapegoat is the only reason for everything that has happened. Well Mcdaniels is gone now and there are similar things happening now.

I know, Peter King must have totally made all of that up. Just made it up out of thin air. You dontthink agents would do anything like that.

Of course they wouldnt do things like that.

You can insult me all you want. Anyone with a thinking brain knows there is something to what I am saying. It is too bad that I offended your paradigm. I know.....its hard to think there is more to a story than your point of view.

Your theory doesn't make any sense.

Yes, King was always defending McDaniels and reporters do make **** up when they have an agenda. Look up Paige and his articles about Orton not working in the offseason. Right after he put that out, other players came with interviews saying Orton was there the entire time. Keep thinking reporters are all Honest Abe though.

The guy that gave away the talent and ran off the good parts of the front office, is the man responsible. Who else has been run off since then? I haven't heard any disputes. No players have held out. No coaches have left. Sure, you can blame Bowlen, as long as you leave out that this same hands off approach won us many games, and two SBs...

Why would you still be trying to justify what he did here? This is just stupid.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:26 AM
Noone is defending him Just that there is more to it than Mcdaniels.

Are you that offended by that?

Really? Dont think Bowlen could have stopped the whole thing? Bowlen fired Shanahan. Bowlen has been frugal dating back to 2008 when he let go ted Sunquist.

Now, there are more trade rumors of the stars and Mcdnaiels is not here.

Yet, your whole scapegoat is Mcdaniels and thats it? Yeah, then you have the audacity to call someone like me names?

Mcdaniels was a cross eyed, short, Napolean, butt hole freak and I am glad he is gone. However that situation wasnt all on him.

Deal with it.

Star players? Wtf? A reciever with a single good year, that is already 30. Not exactly a building block...

I'm glad that you believe every rumor you hear though. These rumors are just as good as actully giving away all of your young talent...

You McFans are pathetic.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:27 AM

Not even close.

McDman
10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
Star players? Wtf? A reciever with a single good year, that is already 30. Not exactly a building block...

I'm glad that you believe every rumor you hear though. These rumors are just as good as actully giving away all of your young talent...

You McFans are pathetic.

There are no McFans, no one here likes McDaniels.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:33 AM
Your theory doesn't make any sense.

Yes, King was always defending McDaniels and reporters do make **** up when they have an agenda. Look up Paige and his articles about Orton not working in the offseason. Right after he put that out, other players came with interviews saying Orton was there the entire time. Keep thinking reporters are all Honest Abe though.

The guy that gave away the talent and ran off the good parts of the front office, is the man responsible. Who else has been run off since then? I haven't heard any disputes. No players have held out. No coaches have left. Sure, you can blame Bowlen, as long as you leave out that this same hands off approach won us many games, and two SBs...

Why would you still be trying to justify what he did here? This is just stupid.

It is still happening and Mcdnaiels is long gone. AT the end of 2008 the Broncos were 34 million under the cap. That was 3rd most in the league behind the Cardinals and Bills.

Bowlen has been frugal and like I said he could stepped in. I am certain that Bus Cook helped Cutler along. I am sure Cutler asked him to get him out or get him a contract. It is all consistent with how Cutler has acted.

I remember backin 2007 when Cutler threw several picks against the raiders. I saw on camera Shanahan go over to him and Cutler turned his back on him. I knew at that moment that there was a problem with his attitude.

Has he learned thing since then? I would think so. However, he has conducted himself as a self entitled child in a lot of ways, and for you to not acknowedge that there wasnt even a possibility that he did it the way Peter King reported is irresponsible on yuor part, not mine.

What an organization says in public means nothing. Here is a suggestion. Dont listen to what an organization says, only listen to what they do.

The point is, the purging is still happening and Bowlen is the only common denominator.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:33 AM

Then why are people still defending him?

WolfpackGuy
10-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Trading Lloyd and/or Royal won't make or break the current team.

If they want out, get what you can get.

All those previous trades made an average team into a drafting #2 overall team.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:35 AM

Tell me about it. This dude is pathetic. He cant see where I said I cant stand Mcdaniels and he calls Mcd fans pathetic cause I dont place all of the blame on him?

He doesnt place any blame on Cutler? He just dismisses the Peter King article all together?

What a pathetic display of someone that sucks Cutler's gnip gnobs.

Gort
10-17-2011, 07:36 AM

who is defending him? where? show us a post on here more recent that Sept. 1, 2011 where anyone defends him (except Popps).

there are no McFans here. he was a paranoid little prick that reeked havoc here and who is now sinking the St. Louis franchise.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM

No. However we are not putting all of the blame for the Cutler thing like the public. We have an ability to think for ourselves.

Noone is defending Mcdaniels. You are only offended cause I would criticize Cutler. You call someone pathetic despite all of the evidence?

Who is pathetic?

Gort
10-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Tell me about it. This dude is pathetic. He cant see where I said I cant stand Mcdaniels and he calls Mcd fans pathetic cause I dont place all of the blame on him?

He doesnt place any blame on Cutler? He just dismisses the Peter King article all together?

What a pathetic display of someone that sucks Cutler's gnip gnobs.

in JHNS' mind, if you don't love Cutler, you are automatically a McFan. it's basically his Pavlovian response to anyone who doesn't see the same twinkle in Cutler's eyes that he sees.

he'll now call me a McFan in 3... 2... 1...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 07:38 AM

Saying "Cutler is a ****ing retard and I'm glad he's gone" is not "defending McDaniels," you simple ****.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:38 AM
It is still happening and Mcdnaiels is long gone. AT the end of 2008 the Broncos were 34 million under the cap. That was 3rd most in the league behind the Cardinals and Bills.

Bowlen has been frugal and like I said he could stepped in. I am certain that Bus Cook helped Cutler along. I am sure Cutler asked him to get him out or get him a contract. It is all consistent with how Cutler has acted.

I remember backin 2007 when Cutler threw several picks against the raiders. I saw on camera Shanahan go over to him and Cutler turned his back on him. I knew at that moment that there was a problem with his attitude.

Has he learned thing since then? I would think so. However, he has conducted himself as a self entitled child in a lot of ways, and for you to not acknowedge that there wasnt even a possibility that he did it the way Peter King reported is irresponsible on yuor part, not mine.

What an organization says in public means nothing. Here is a suggestion. Dont listen to what an organization says, only listen to what they do.

The point is, the purging is still happening and Bowlen is the only common denominator.

How about this for your little Peter King rumor. Find a single report of that from before Cutler actually asked for a trade. I find it funny that you think King, and everyone else, just sat on that...

The same thing isn't happening. Not even close. We are bringing in talent, not giving it all away.

Keep making excuses for McDaniels though. I love the team going through the worst time in its history too!

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Saying "Cutler is a ****ing retard and I'm glad he's gone" is not "defending McDaniels," you simple ****.

Using the same rumors and lies that you used to justify the trade then, is defending McDaniels. You don't see it because you have always been one of the biggest McFans. Good for you!

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:40 AM
How can I ignore a child like jhns? Is there an ignore feature on here?

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:45 AM
How can I ignore a child like jhns? Is there an ignore feature on here?

Says the guy telling lies to justify horrible moves...

Yes, there is. It is also easy to see why you can't figure it out.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Says the guy telling lies to justify horrible moves...

Yes, there is. It is also easy to see why you can't figure it out.

You are embarrassing yourself. You cant even tell that I made that post on purpose for you to read it.

You are a narcissist. Just like your little whiney bitch Cutler.

Go ahead, it was all Mcdaniels and diaper boy was the victim. Gosh, he is soooo good.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 07:49 AM
Using the same rumors and lies that you used to justify the trade then, is defending McDaniels. You don't see it because you have always been one of the biggest McFans. Good for you!

What's adorable is that you think you have a line on the "truth" behind the situation.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:51 AM
What's adorable is that you think you have a line on the "truth" behind the situation.

Yeah, he believes all of things reported officially is all there is a to a story. Its pathetic isnt it?

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:51 AM
You are embarrassing yourself. You cant even tell that I made that post on purpose for you to read it.

You are a narcissist. Just like your little whiney b**** Cutler.

Go ahead, it was all Mcdaniels and diaper boy was the victim. Gosh, he is soooo good.

I know why you made the post. I enjoy laughing at drama queens though.

You McFans are just sad.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:52 AM

Actually, I have yet to claim that. You would know this if you had made it out of the second grade.

BlueandOrange32
10-17-2011, 07:53 AM
I know why you made the post. I enjoy laughing at drama queens though.

You McFans are just sad.

LOL :welcome:

Archer81
10-17-2011, 07:54 AM

We had a player murdered. That trumps any losing streak or players being traded.

Perspective, son.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah, he believes all of things reported officially is all there is a to a story. Its pathetic isnt it?

Oh the drama!

There has to be aliens at Area 51!

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Sure would be nice if people would stop quoting jhns. I put him on ignore for a reason...

jhns
We had a player murdered. That trumps any losing streak or players being traded.

Perspective, son.

That isn't at all related to football, or the results on the field. This is what I am discussing here.

You McFans are now using player deaths to make a spin that he wasn't so bad? That is just sad...

DHallblows
Cutler is Fat Brett Favre.

I wonder if jhns is one of those fools still against the Portis/Champ trade...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Actually, I have yet to claim that. You would know this if you had made it out of the second grade.

Yet you call anything other than your narrow worldview "lies."

You'd know what that means if you didn't have your head up your ass all the time.

jhns
10-17-2011, 07:58 AM
Cutler is Fat Brett Favre.

I wonder if jhns is one of those fools still against the Portis/Champ trade...

???

I have always loved that trade.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Yet you call anything other than your narrow worldview "lies."

You'd know what that means if you didn't have your head up your ass all the time.

I don't call everything lies. You just aren't smart enough to see that I like to live in reality. An unsubtantiated rumor, that everyone denies, is not a good "fact" to use in an argument. Again, you would know this if you had made it past the second grade.

Archer81
10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
That isn't at all related to football, or the results on the field. This is what I am discussing here.

You McFans are now using player deaths to make a spin that he wasn't so bad? That is just sad...

You said "worst thing that ever happened to the franchise". You did not qualify that remark. So while you cry about an overrated QB, actual adults realize having a player murdered, then having two others die from health related issues is far worse than any losing period or trading of players.

Perspective, son. It wont kill you. And you really need to let McDaniels go. The rest of us have.

DHallblows
10-17-2011, 08:02 AM
???

I have always loved that trade.

Good for you. Seriously.

Unfortunately you are still stick in 2009...

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Sure would be nice if people would stop quoting jhns. I put him on ignore for a reason...

Why are McFans such drama queens? Why would you need a feature to ignore someone? I have read like three macgruder posts since he has been here, and I have never used ignore. I guess you would need to be an adult to pull this off though.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:07 AM
You said "worst thing that ever happened to the franchise". You did not qualify that remark. So while you cry about an overrated QB, actual adults realize having a player murdered, then having two others die from health related issues is far worse than any losing period or trading of players.

Perspective, son. It wont kill you. And you really need to let McDaniels go. The rest of us have.

You haven't let McDaniels go if you are still making excuses for him. This is a fact. It doesn't matter how much you deny it. If I sit here and make excuses for Bush, and defend the war, I can't then claim that I don't like Bush and what he did in office. It just doesn't make sense.

Those deaths did not hurt this football team. They were tragic, and have no place in this conversation. Stay classy though.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't call everything lies. You just aren't smart enough to see that I like to live in reality. An unsubtantiated rumor, that everyone denies, is not a good "fact" to use in an argument. Again, you would know this if you had made it past the second grade.

No, you like to live nose-to-colon. Either your own or Baby Jay's.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM
No, you like to live nose-to-colon. Either your own or Baby Jay's.

Oh, well that must mean the retarded excuses are really facts then!

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 08:12 AM

Matt Millen
0-16
Etc

We may not have a choice considering the direction this franchise is currently heading in.

Miss I.
10-17-2011, 08:14 AM
You haven't let McDaniels go if you are still making excuses for him. This is a fact. It doesn't matter how much you deny it. If I sit here and make excuses for Bush, and defend the war, I can't then claim that I don't like Bush and what he did in office. It just doesn't make sense.

Those deaths did not hurt this football team. They were tragic, and have no place in this conversation. Stay cassy though.

it's actually quite possible to not be in an either or situation. One could certainly support the war if one so chose, yet feel that Bush was overall a failure as President if there are other things that swayed one that way.

In the same way it is certainly possible to say Josh McDaniels skills with QBs managed to improve Kyle Orton's performance, but overall Josh was a failure as a head coach. To see the whole picture and acknowledge some strengths even while seeing that in total the person was a poor coach does not a McFan make.

It just seems easier for you to simplify things. And the deaths did hurt the football team from both the simple loss of personnel to the complex and painful impact it had on the players (Marshall included) who were left behind to grieve and deal with guilt or other things. When I lost my grandmother, I was a wreck at work, do you not think these players did not have to work through some things to get back to work.

As for staying CLASSY, you may need to look that work up in a dictionary because you neither know how to spell or to behave in any such way.

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 08:16 AM
Trading Lloyd and/or Royal won't make or break the current team.

If they want out, get what you can get.

All those previous trades made an average team into a drafting #2 overall team.

And that there is the current problem with the organisation and the fanbase. Just settle for anything we can get, a bit like Gaffney and the turd we got in exchange for him.

DrFate
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
As far as the "Suck for Luck" theory goes, I really don't see anybody beating out Indy for that pick. As usual, Bill Polian had his team ahead of the curve on that one. They won't win a game. The NFL should institute a special rule, for this year only: If you had Peyton Manning, you don't get to pick Andrew Luck. It's just not right. It will set up some sort of harmonic imbalance in the universe.

I keep asking this question and can't accept the answers I get. If Manning goes to Polian in JAN and says 'I'm 100%, here is a note from my doctor' - do the Colts still draft Luck? And kick Manning to the curb?

My buddy pointed out 'Montana got kicked to the curb. Farve got kicked. It can happen to anyone.'

gyldenlove
10-17-2011, 08:20 AM
And that there is the current problem with the organisation and the fanbase. Just settle for anything we can get, a bit like Gaffney and the turd we got in exchange for him.

I agree, it is not rebuilding if you keep unloading assets, it is just dismantling.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:21 AM
it's actually quite possible to not be in an either or situation. One could certainly support the war if one so chose, yet feel that Bush was overall a failure as President if there are other things that swayed one that way.

In the same way it is certainly possible to say Josh McDaniels skills with QBs managed to improve Kyle Orton's performance, but overall Josh was a failure as a head coach. To see the whole picture and acknowledge some strengths even while seeing that in total the person was a poor coach does not a McFan make.

It just seems easier for you to simplify things. And the deaths did hurt the football team from both the simple loss of personnel to the complex and painful impact it had on the players (Marshall included) who were left behind to grieve and deal with guilt or other things. When I lost my grandmother, I was a wreck at work, do you not think these players did not have to work through some things to get back to work.

As for staying CLASSY, you may need to look that work up in a dictionary because you neither know how to spell or to behave in any such way.

LOL @ talking about a typo that was corrected long before you posted. I don't know how to spell it, as long as you ignore the fact that I did.

It is not possible to claim all of a persons biggest mistakes were good, and then claim that you aren't defending them. Sorry.

I'm not even going to justify the rest of that with a response. While I may be a dick when it comes to Broncos, I have never disrespected the dead. I have far more class than some of you...

Eldorado
10-17-2011, 08:22 AM
I miss Cutler. The other moves were dumb but the Cutler thing may have been the worst move in NFL history.

Drama queen much?

herchal walker trade (Minnesota side)

drafting leaf

Just off the top of the head.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:24 AM
I keep asking this question and can't accept the answers I get. If Manning goes to Polian in JAN and says 'I'm 100%, here is a note from my doctor' - do the Colts still draft Luck? And kick Manning to the curb?

My buddy pointed out 'Montana got kicked to the curb. Farve got kicked. It can happen to anyone.'

Isn't Manning old anyways? Maybe Luck would sit for a year or two until Manning retires.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:25 AM
Drama queen much?

herchal walker trade (Minnesota side)

drafting leaf

Just off the top of the head.

Those weren't nearly as bad of moves.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-17-2011, 08:25 AM
This is what typically happens to bad teams around trading deadlines in every sport.

DrFate
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM
Isn't Manning old anyways? Maybe Luck would sit for a year or two until Manning retires.

Old is relative, I suppose. The ink hasn't dried on the deal he JUST signed in the offseason. And I can't think they would draft Luck and sit him for 2 years.

Manning is 35, per wikipedia

Gort
10-17-2011, 08:26 AM

yes. they either put Luck on the bench to learn like Rodgers did in GB, or they dangle Luck out there as trade bait to the rest of the NFL. if Luck is truly rated as the #1 player on the board come draft day, and Indy has the #1 pick, i don't see how they can't draft him.

Mountain Bronco
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM

It took 3 pages to get a reasonable post in this thread. Should I keep reading pages 4-7?

Archer81
10-17-2011, 08:29 AM

Those deaths did not hurt this football team. They were tragic, and have no place in this conversation. Stay classy though.

Right...

Gort
10-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Good for you. Seriously.

Unfortunately you are still stick in 2009...

he's not a Broncos fan, he's a Cutler nuthugger.

late April 2006, Broncos draft Cutler. July 2006, JHNS registers on OM.

coincidence?

DrFate
yes. they either put Luck on the bench to learn like Rodgers did in GB, or they dangle Luck out there as trade bait to the rest of the NFL. if Luck is truly rated as the #1 player on the board come draft day, and Indy has the #1 pick, i don't see how they can't draft him.

I agree they could draft him to trade him. I just find it hard to get my head around the Colts sending their iconic player out to pasture IF he says he's ready to go.

I can't see him sitting for 2 years.

Eldorado
Those weren't nearly as bad of moves.

Absolutely retarded statement. Talk about not living in reality. Pot? Kettle.

Minnesota Vikings received

RB Herschel Walker
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys received

LB Jesse Solomon
LB David Howard
CB Issiac Holt
RB Darrin Nelson (traded to San Diego after he refused to report to Dallas)
DE Alex Stewart
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) (traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft Emmitt Smith)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47) (Alexander Wright)
Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (12) (Alvin Harper)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38) (Dixon Edwards)
Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (37) (Darren Woodson)
Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)[1]

bowtown
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/js64uZT/full/wait-wut-jpg.jpg

DrFate
10-17-2011, 08:31 AM

Dallas Cowboys received

LB Jesse Solomon
LB David Howard
CB Issiac Holt
DE Alex Stewart
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1990 (21) (traded this pick along with pick (81) for pick (17) from Pittsburgh to draft Emmitt Smith)
Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158) (traded to New Orleans, who drafted James Williams)
Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71) (traded to New England, who drafted Kevin Turner)
Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13) (traded to Philadelphia Eagles, and then to the Houston Oilers, who drafted Brad Hopkins)[1]

McDaniels would have taken those picks and drafted a bunch of trash.

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Old is relative, I suppose. The ink hasn't dried on the deal he JUST signed in the offseason. And I can't think they would draft Luck and sit him for 2 years.

Manning is 35, per wikipedia

That is younger than I was thinking. I could see them sitting Luck. Top picks don't make as much now and who could you possibly learn more from than Manning? I would consider that if I were them. While I thought Manning was a couoke years older, 35 is pretty old in the NFL. That, with a neck injury, could mean the Colts take him as an insurance pick.

I could also see them trading the pick though. Teams will really want it and they are seeing how thin their roster is right now. They could use more picks.

DrFate
10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
That is younger than I was thinking. I could see them sitting Luck. Top picks don't make as much now and who could you possibly learn more from than Manning? I would consider that if I were them. While I thought Manning was a couoke years older, 35 is pretty old in the NFL. That, with a neck injury, could mean the Colts take him as an insurance pick.

I could also see them trading the pick though. Teams will really want it and they are seeing how thin their roster is right now. They could use more picks.

I guess it boils down to - if Denver finishes with the #2 pick, what would they give Indy to move up. What would Indy ask for? Who else is bidding?

ColoradoDarin
10-17-2011, 08:35 AM
he's not a Broncos fan, he's a Cutler nuthugger.

late April 2006, Broncos draft Cutler. July 2006, JHNS registers on OM.

coincidence?

You figured it out! Jhiz is actually Cutler's dad.

Jhiz returned his son's playbook for him. I wonder if you ever think that he should one day become a man and deal with his own problems.

Tombstone RJ
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM

LOL

jhns
10-17-2011, 08:37 AM

Minnesota Vikings received

RB Herschel Walker
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54) (Mike Jones)
San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116) (Reggie Thornton)
Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249) (Pat Newman)
Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68) (Jake Reed)

Dallas Cowboys received

LB Jesse Solomon
LB David Howard
CB Issiac Holt
DE Alex Stewart

I know what that trade was and it isn't even the worst if I stopped my McFan hate. The Baltimore Colts trading us Elway, was the worst trade in history(I see it as the best). While giving up so many picks for Walker was bad, the Colts lost the best QB to ever play the game(and their team).

WolfpackGuy
10-17-2011, 08:38 AM

They were pretty much going to cut Gaffney, right?

Lloyd probably won't be resigned to a deal to his liking and isn't really a gamebreaker.

Royal doesn't seem to be a main target in the offense, but that could change in the last 11 games. Doubtful though because McCoy is terrible.

If they're unhappy and/or not part of the team's future, get something for them in return.

Mountain Bronco
10-17-2011, 08:49 AM
I see these moves as fairly savvy moves to get some compensation for players that will likely walk at the end of the year anyway.

BroncoBen
10-17-2011, 08:50 AM

Dude.. relax. I think you missed the memo.. the Broncos in the last 3 years have been going thru some coaching and head office changes.

Just so you know.. Shannahan is Coaching the Redskins now, Josh McDaniels was brought in from New England and give the same keys to the team that Shannahan had.. total control. That turned out to be a disaster.

Believe it or not.. John Elway is now pretty much running the team as General Manager. He brought in John Fox from the Panthers to just coach the team.

The Broncos don't want to admit it, but they are rebuilding.

The Broncos need draft picks, Josh McDaniels traded away picks like they were monopoly money. Tim Tebow was involved in this draft pick moves.. he is now the QB of the Broncos.

Eldorado
10-17-2011, 08:54 AM
I know what that trade was and it isn't even the worst if I stopped my McFan hate. The Baltimore Colts trading us Elway, was the worst trade in history(I see it as the best). While giving up so many picks for Walker was bad, the Colts lost the best QB to ever play the game(and their team).

Oooh..good one. I should be shot for forgetting that one.

ok. You admitted to 'mcfan hating' bias. I'll let it go.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 09:27 AM

We're talking Polian here, right? He'll draft Luck and trade Manning for a **** load of draft picks.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 09:32 AM
I agree they could draft him to trade him. I just find it hard to get my head around the Colts sending their iconic player out to pasture IF he says he's ready to go.

I can't see him sitting for 2 years.

Manning is all but done as a player. The Colts have to know that by now. Why would they choose a guy that has at most two years left over Luck?

And honestly, why do they have to make the choice at all? The new rookie pay-scale does not preclude sitting the #1 pick anymore. Luck won't be that expensive, and the Colts will have likely prevented the fate of so many teams when a HoF QB retires. You think they've missed the misery that Denver and Miami have gone through for the past decade plus?

NFLBRONCO
10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
Manning is all but done as a player. The Colts have to know that by now. Why would they choose a guy that has at most two years left over Luck?

And honestly, why do they have to make the choice at all? The new rookie pay-scale does not preclude sitting the #1 pick anymore. Luck won't be that expensive, and the Colts will have likely prevented the fate of so many teams when a HoF QB retires. You think they've missed the misery that Denver and Miami have gone through for the past decade plus?

QFT

TheChamp24
10-17-2011, 09:41 AM
We're talking Polian here, right? He'll draft Luck and trade Manning for a **** load of draft picks.

No one will trade for Manning. Unknown about his injury, his huge salary, no way that happens.

Rohirrim
10-17-2011, 09:49 AM
No one will trade for Manning. Unknown about his injury, his huge salary, no way that happens.

You're probably right, unless some GM could convince himself that Peyton had four more years in him.

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
They were pretty much going to cut Gaffney, right?

Lloyd probably won't be resigned to a deal to his liking and isn't really a gamebreaker.

Royal doesn't seem to be a main target in the offense, but that could change in the last 11 games. Doubtful though because McCoy is terrible.

If they're unhappy and/or not part of the team's future, get something for them in return.

There's a reason why multiple players ask for trades and or become incontent with their current surroundings and it isn't always down to self-interest.

How many players asked to leave Denver under Shanahan and then how many have subsequently asked to be traded under the last 2 coaches.

Those there figures tell a story that maybe someone wants to look into because when the **** hits the fan this will all come out in the end albeit not from the Denver orange coated media.

Agamemnon
10-17-2011, 10:00 AM
There's a reason why multiple players ask for trades and or become incontent with their current surroundings and it isn't always down to self-interest.

How many players asked to leave Denver under Shanahan and then how many have subsequently asked to be traded under the last 2 coaches.

Those there figures tell a story that maybe someone wants to look into because when the **** hits the fan this will all come out in the end albeit not from the Denver orange coated media.

Is it a mystery or something? Players ask for trades from bad teams with bad coaching and bad management. Is it news that that describes the Broncos of late?

snowspot66
10-17-2011, 10:08 AM

Uhuh, sure. There's no love for McDaniels in Denver. If there was any more **** to fly it would have happened ages ago now. You're being paranoid and getting yourself all worked up.

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 10:21 AM
Uhuh, sure. There's no love for McDaniels in Denver. If there was any more **** to fly it would have happened ages ago now. You're being paranoid and getting yourself all worked up.

So Lloyd and Royal haited McDaniels that much that they asked for a trade AFTER he was replaced by a worse coach, 1-15 remember.LOL

snowspot66
10-17-2011, 10:24 AM
So Lloyd and Royal haited McDaniels that much that they asked for a trade AFTER he was replaced by a worse coach, 1-15 remember.LOL

Lloyd was lucky to even be in the league and grateful McDaniels even gave him a roster slot. Why would he demand a trade then?

Eddie has been injured, misused, and plain bad for the past few years and now in a contract year wants to get paid. Not a big shock he'd like to go to a team where he'll get more balls thrown his way.

But you keep on believing that Fox is the worst coach in the league and that the 1-15 the Panthers put up was entirely his fault.

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 10:25 AM
Is it a mystery or something? Players ask for trades from bad teams with bad coaching and bad management. Is it news that that describes the Broncos of late?

So you agree then that the Management structure is no better now than it was under McDaniels??? Otherwise your logic is flawed considering neither player asked to be dumped under our former head coach.

eddie mac
10-17-2011, 10:30 AM
Lloyd was lucky to even be in the league and grateful McDaniels even gave him a roster slot. Why would he demand a trade then?

Eddie has been injured, misused, and plain bad for the past few years and now in a contract year wants to get paid. Not a big shock he'd like to go to a team where he'll get more balls thrown his way.

But you keep on believing that Fox is the worst coach in the league and that the 1-15 the Panthers put up was entirely his fault.

He has proven nothing to date in his current role so I see no reason whatsoever to applaud him or indeed Elway/Xanders. I just find it ironic that 2 of his first team offense want out when he hasn't got another playmaker on the unit period. But hey maybe Fox just loves that team ethic so much (you know the 1-15 one) that talent is regardless.

I'm beginning to think we are totally devoid of it in Denver, but sure maybe I'll be proved wrong when they eventually win a game and not through the other team handing it too them.

bendog
10-17-2011, 10:37 AM
He has proven nothing to date in his current role so I see no reason whatsoever to applaud him or indeed Elway/Xanders. I just find it ironic that 2 of his first team offense want out when he hasn't got another playmaker on the unit period. But hey maybe Fox just loves that team ethic so much (you know the 1-15 one) that talent is regardless.

I'm beginning to think we are totally devoid of it in Denver, but sure maybe I'll be proved wrong when they eventually win a game and not through the other team handing it too them.

You might want to check the offensive and defensive run game stats from last year and compare to this year ... and that 2011 draft really sucked. (not)