PDA

View Full Version : Trade Orton to the Raiders?

Pages : 1 [2]

bowtown
10-18-2011, 01:00 PM
That sucks. How's the depth looking on the Mexican Illegally Immigrated San Diego Chargers?

I suppose we could try to pry Pole Backup QB Billy Volek from them. I hear he's not very smart though.

Rohirrim
10-18-2011, 01:04 PM
The other possibility is that it was a pathetic QB class last year and all the teams who took QBs in the first round really reached, with Carolina's reach being the worst of them all. For them, it seems to have worked out, so far.

bendog
10-18-2011, 01:07 PM
I don't think Cam was a reach at all. I just hope he's got financial adivisors who are really ethical.

TheReverend
10-18-2011, 01:10 PM
I suppose we could try to pry Pole Backup QB Billy Volek from them. I hear he's not very smart though.

It takes a lot of him to screw in a lightbulb that's for sure.

I just wish we could hit a homerun and draft our own Drunk Mick QB Tom Brady.

Agamemnon
10-18-2011, 01:13 PM
The other possibility is that it was a pathetic QB class last year and all the teams who took QBs in the first round really reached, with Carolina's reach being the worst of them all. For them, it seems to have worked out, so far.

I'm not disputing that possibility. The problem is that that really isn't addressing my point. Personally I have a hard time seeing either Tebow or Newton as #1 picks. They're too developmental (and Cam Newton is starting to crash to earth right now as defenses adjust to the quasi-spread Carolina is running). But that really isn't my point. My point is the difference in reaction when the picks happened. Everyone claimed that Tebow was a ridiculous reach at #25. Cam Newton was maybe a bit of a reach to some, but most projected him as a top 10 pick. And when the pick came through the negative reaction was nothing like what Tebow got despite being picked 20+ picks earlier. The difference in how two players that were virtually identical coming out of college are treated has to be due to something. And anyone who tries to argue that Newton was clearly a far superior prospect is completely full of ****. They are about as close as two QBs can be as college prospects, with virtually all the same strengths and weaknesses and playing out of virtually identical systems.

Agamemnon
10-18-2011, 01:16 PM
I don't think Cam was a reach at all. I just hope he's got financial adivisors who are really ethical.

And yet you are really down on Tebow. Please explain that one. I'd love to hear the logic.

Rolandftw
10-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I don't get the Tebow and Newton comparisons. The only thing I think they have in common with each other is they were both QB's at Florida/SEC, both won national championships and can both extend a play with their athletic ability. Even people in the media that are heavy Tebow supporters like Skip Bayless have no difficulty stating that Newton is the better QB.

In 3.5 games Tebow has thrown for 730 yards. That equates to roughly 208 yards per game. Newton's averaging about 307 yards over six starts. Newton's interceptions are a big concern though, and something he has to fix going forward. Considering he started since day 1, with essentially no offseason it's not that much of a concern yet.

Tebow's the better runner probably though. It isn't really farfetched for Tebow to get 800+ rushing yards in a full season.

Tebow fell in the draft because teams had doubts he'd be able to hit receivers accurately on even 10-20 yard routes. Obviously, his throwing motion/working through his progression as well. Newton really doesn't have the same problems.

I'm hoping Tebow can be a 3000-3500 yard passer, with 750 rushing yards or so. His running ability might be able to compensate for some of his accuracy issues.

Maximus
10-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I don't get the Tebow and Newton comparisons. The only thing I think they have in common with each other is they were both QB's at Florida/SEC, both won national championships and can both extend a play with their athletic ability. Even people in the media that are heavy Tebow supporters like Skip Bayless have no difficulty stating that Newton is the better QB.

In 3.5 games Tebow has thrown for 730 yards. That equates to roughly 208 yards per game. Newton's averaging about 307 yards over six starts. Newton's interceptions are a big concern though, and something he has to fix going forward. Considering he started since day 1, with essentially no offseason it's not that much of a concern yet.

Tebow's the better runner probably though. It isn't really farfetched for Tebow to get 800+ rushing yards in a full season.

Tebow fell in the draft because teams had doubts he'd be able to hit receivers accurately on even 10-20 yard routes. Obviously, his throwing motion/working through his progression as well. Newton really doesn't have the same problems.

I'm hoping Tebow can be a 3000-3500 yard passer, with 750 rushing yards or so. His running ability might be able to compensate for some of his accuracy issues.

Look out.... Don't tell the truth about Teblows it will turn into a color issue!

Bronx33
10-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Look out.... Don't tell the truth about Teblows or i will turn into a color issue!

fixed

errand
10-18-2011, 06:22 PM
The concerns about Tebow weren't because of his faith....and the concerns about Newton weren't because of his race.

Newton is questioned because he had one great season, and the simplicity of Auburn's passing game....think Akili Smith.

Tebow was doubted because of his mechanics, his short to medium accuracy, his ability to operate from under center, and his running the spread offense 90% of the time....

Anyone who says they were questioned for anything else is just trying to stir up some drama...

Maximus
10-18-2011, 11:43 PM
fixed

Awww... are you still trying to be recognized in this thread... You didn't even fix it correctly doofus! This site is a microcosm of the dumbing down of America. A bunch of mental midgets whose collective thoughts which are not up to par with the most mentally challenged individuals in our society. Dare to be an individual, do not succumb to groupthink. Have some respect for your own mental processes and stop following the crowd (I Fixed it is a classic example). How does it feel to be a sucker Donk33, RevÖ? (Itís not about race lol Jackasses) Now go follow the crowd and sniff Teblows Sorry ass!

Agamemnon
10-19-2011, 04:32 AM

Virtually everything in this post is either outright wrong or completely backwards. In terms of analyzing two players, I'm not even sure ESPN is this lazy and superficial (though they probably are). It's actually quite amazing.

In particular, comparing the first 6 games for one player to the first 3 and 1/2 of another (in completely different systems to boot), and thinking that gives any real insight, is just mind-boggling. But if you want to do it, and do it right, here's what you will find:

-Tebow has thrown considerably more TDs per pass.

-Tebow has thrown considerably fewer interceptions per pass.

-Tebow's average per pass attempt is 0.1 yard less than Newton's.

-Tebow's completion percentage is considerably lower than Newton's.

-Tebow has more yards per rushing attempt than Newton.

-Tebow has considerably fewer pass attempts per game than Newton.

-Tebow's passer rating is 5.9 points higher than Newton's.

Only an idiot would come to any conclusions based on these facts, much less that Newton is conclusively better than Tebow.