PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis benched in Cleveland, should Broncos make a call?

montrose
10-16-2011, 04:41 PM
How about Lloyd, Royal and Moreno for Hillis? Xanders would get a statue! A Tebow-Hillis backfield? Do it!

Requiem
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
That loser is costing me in fantasy. Flex suckin' today.

ghwk
10-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Why was he benched?

RhymesayersDU
10-16-2011, 04:44 PM
It says on the ticker on Fox that he left with an injury, FWIW.

ColoradoDarin
10-16-2011, 04:45 PM
He's being added to the TSTP list apparently.

bowtown
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
He's being added to the TSTP list apparently.

Is that Too Stupid or Too Streppy?

myMind
10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
****ing Madden

ColoradoDarin
10-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Is that Too Stupid or Too Streppy?

Stupid

BTW is this the 4th or still the 3rd coach who thinks so? I forget.

TheReverend
10-16-2011, 04:51 PM
Hamstring...

montrose
10-16-2011, 04:51 PM
It says on the ticker on Fox that he left with an injury, FWIW.

Browns first said it was coaches decision, then changed it to an injury. They could be trying to keep up his trade value.

montrose
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Dream SoCal, dream.

http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Tim+Tebow+New+York+Jets+v+Denver+Broncos+YmTLTds1J-ll.jpg

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/peytonhillisvschiefs.jpg

Natedog24
10-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Holy ****, the Madden curse claims yet another victim?

broncocalijohn
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
^ Montrose, you forgot the Larsen picture to fill out "The Whitest Backfield that I Know". Didnt know strep throat can be considered an injury.
BTW, when does Popps show up in the thread?

Jay3
10-16-2011, 05:09 PM
Magruder Theory: Hillis is tanking to try and get traded to play with Tebow. This is called the "Widely Misunderstood Tebow Running Back Effect."

bowtown
10-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Magruder Theory: Hillis is tanking to try and get traded to play with Tebow. This is called the "Widely Misunderstood Tebow Running Back Effect."

Also known as the "Widely Misunderstood Tebow White Guy Effect."

oubronco
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Why was he benched?

He pulled his Hamstring

NUB
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
Injury or not, there is a visible rift between Hillis and Shumur.

The fact Hardesty goes in for passing plays is a sign of a stubborn head coach.

montrose
10-16-2011, 05:23 PM
He pulled his Hamstring

Mary Kay Cabot of Cleveland Plain Dealer reports it was a coaches decision. He did see some reps in the 4th to give Hardesty a breather.

barryr
10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Hillis would only be good if he is given simple tasks and simple responsibilities. If he has to think too much, he's of no use.

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Another coach that doesn't seem to like Hillis. I'm noticing a pattern here.

broncocalijohn
10-16-2011, 05:33 PM

I wouldnt want to be in the same camp as McDaniels though.

go_broncos
10-16-2011, 05:34 PM
Hillis would only be good if he is given simple tasks and simple responsibilities. If he has to think too much, he's of no use.

what about our 1st round pick Moreno and the QB we got from Cleveland..Hilarious!

barryr
10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
what about our 1st round pick Moreno and the QB we got from Cleveland..Hilarious!

Moreno has use and helps the team. Quinn is just a career backup QB. But if you want to believe Moreno is nothing, then the trade was a wash since I doubt Hillis is still in the NFL by 2014, much less doing anything significant. He hasn't exactly made the Browns wonderful.

theAPAOps5
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Wanting an all white backfield.........

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 05:36 PM
I wouldnt want to be in the same camp as McDaniels though.

No but it does seem to show that there's something up with Hillis as a player despite his obvious talent. Shanahan was really hesitant to play him as well if you remember.

maven
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
How about Lloyd, Royal and Moreno for Hillis? Xanders would get a statue! A Tebow-Hillis backfield? Do it!

No, you keep Moreno, bring in Hillis, and have Willis. Not bad.

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 05:39 PM
No, you keep Moreno, bring in Hillis, and have Willis. Not bad.

Indeed. That'd be a nice stable of backs. And I'm pretty sure Hillis could grasp the joke of an offense we run now...

errand
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Why was he benched?

I don't know..... why didn't toni basil have another hit?

baja
10-16-2011, 05:40 PM

In before they Hillis fans will tell you it's the coaches wives that can't keep their hands off him. It's retaliation by the jealous husbands that get him benched.

I guess he is hung like a running back.

Jay3
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Because she had just made the greatest song of all time and therefore retired.

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 05:43 PM

Maybe Hillis should've done the same after getting the cover of Madden. Ha!

barryr
10-16-2011, 05:44 PM
What? Hillis would want to play for the Broncos and have to play with..gulp.. Tebow? Oh no. Not that.

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM
What? Hillis would want to play for the Broncos and have to play with..gulp.. Tebow? Oh no. Not that.

Good point. I'm sure he wouldn't like being the second best white runner on the team.

errand
10-16-2011, 05:45 PM

She also had a small role as a hooker in the movie " easy rider"

go_broncos
10-16-2011, 05:47 PM
Moreno has use and helps the team. Quinn is just a career backup QB. But if you want to believe Moreno is nothing, then the trade was a wash since I doubt Hillis is still in the NFL by 2014, much less doing anything significant. He hasn't exactly made the Browns wonderful.

is this a joke?..he was drafted in 1st round and is a bust.

barryr
10-16-2011, 05:50 PM
is this a joke?..he was drafted in 1st round and is a bust.

He is not looking like an every down back, but he at least shows he can be a weapon in the passing game, which is better than not showing anything and being out of the NFL. The Pats had a 1st round RB named Kevin Faulk who was never an every down back either, but a force in the passing game for years and helped the Pats win 3 Super Bowls. So there is a place for Moreno and would be stupid if they gave him away for nothing at this point.

Orange4Life
10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
He is not looking like an every down back, but he at least shows he can be a weapon in the passing game, which is better than not showing anything and being out of the NFL. The Pats had a 1st round RB named Kevin Faulk who was never an every down back either, but a force in the passing game for years and helped the Pats win 3 Super Bowls. So there is a place for Moreno and would be stupid if they gave him away for nothing at this point.

Exactly. I see Moreno filling a Faulk like type roll going forward.

LongDongJohnson
10-16-2011, 05:57 PM
One year wonder. Broncos have no need for him. We already have a better back.

cutthemdown
10-16-2011, 06:28 PM
Why Hillis isn't worth it. It was so obvious last yr was a fluke because of all the big plays receiving out of the back field. He's not an every down all yr long back. Good as a 1-2 punch though, and at FB.

Pony Boy
10-16-2011, 07:13 PM
We need some Hills billboards

bowtown
10-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Why Hillis isn't worth it. It was so obvious last yr was a fluke because of all the big plays receiving out of the back field. He's not an every down all yr long back. Good as a 1-2 punch though, and at FB.

He's not a good FB.

OBF1
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Only on the mane will you find people so out of touch that they would get excited about a player with the following stat line:

Peyton Hillis 60 carries 211 yards (3.5 ave) 2TD

Trading for this POS would set us back to the best of the McDaniels era.

PASS

Rolandftw
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM

Why not? I'm sure they could discuss their theological positions, and what philosophical influences led them in that direction...

That might last 5 minutes.

strafen
10-16-2011, 08:29 PM
In B4 popps!

oubronco
10-16-2011, 08:37 PM
Only on the mane will you find people so out of touch that they would get excited about a player with the following stat line:

Peyton Hillis 60 carries 211 yards (3.5 ave) 2TD

Trading for this POS would set us back to the best of the McDaniels era.

PASS

Better than this

Moreno, Knowshon CAR 10 YDS 26 AVG 2.6 TDS 0

Pontius Pirate
10-16-2011, 09:36 PM
I traded Vick and Hillis last week for Eli and Jahvid. Looks like a pretty good trade in hindsight.

Popps
10-16-2011, 09:47 PM
Wow. No way, that good ole' boy was benched? Old 5-Tool Peyton? Peyton just wants to show up and carry his lunch pail, right? Just a hard-nosed, blue-collar worker, that Peyton. He'd play for free!

Wow, so let's recap... 3 different coaching staffs have had ample opportunity to see what he can do, and NONE wanted him as their feature back on a permanent basis.

Gosh, I guess the next time a guy starts a Peyton Hillis thread and simply asks if there may be more going on than meets the eye with the guy... we can avoid the 12K post circle-jerk about it, huh?

Requiem
10-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Popps and I were so right on Peyton Nevermakeaplayis.

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Iam reading hillis is scheduled for an MRI on monday?

Requiem
10-16-2011, 09:59 PM
Iam reading hillis is scheduled for an MRI on monday?

On his brain to check to see if he still has 9 brain cells.

Bronx33
10-16-2011, 10:02 PM
hater be hatin

UberBroncoMan
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/002/135/sw50sw8sw578.gif?1293729577

I call our O-Line the Triple-Stuffed Oreo.

Requiem
10-16-2011, 10:03 PM
hater be hatin

http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-flutekid.jpg

baja
10-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow. No way, that good ole' boy was benched? Old 5-Tool Peyton? Peyton just wants to show up and carry his lunch pail, right? Just a hard-nosed, blue-collar worker, that Peyton. He'd play for free!

Wow, so let's recap... 3 different coaching staffs have had ample opportunity to see what he can do, and NONE wanted him as their feature back on a permanent basis.

Gosh, I guess the next time a guy starts a Peyton Hillis thread and simply asks if there may be more going on than meets the eye with the guy... we can avoid the 12K post circle-jerk about it, huh?

This deserves to be typed out - LAUGH MY ASS OFF ROLL ON THE FLOOR.

5 TOOL PLAYER LOL LOL

Where is TJ ???

Arkie
10-16-2011, 10:22 PM

5 TOOL PLAYER LOL LOL

Where is TJ ???

It would have been funnier if Hillis was benched instead of injured. Hardesty couldn't do anything when he got the chance.

Ugly Duck
10-16-2011, 10:27 PM
Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis continues to take all sorts of criticism for sitting out a game with strep throat. On Sunday at Oakland, he got pulled after tweaking a hamstring. Hillis isn’t living up to the second coming of Larry Csonka reputation he built up for himself. It doesn’t help that he called agent Kennard McGuire before sitting out with the strep throat. Toss in the struggles of the Browns’ offense and he’s not going to get much support among the Cleveland faithful for a new contract.

Popps
10-16-2011, 10:29 PM

5 TOOL PLAYER LOL LOL

Where is TJ ???

Oh, don't worry... the apologies are going to start flooding in any time.
People have made careers around here talking about my supposed "hate" for Peyton Hillis.

Dial up my "infamous" Hillis thread. Read the 1st post. Essentially, I ask a question... how can a player this talented continue to not be the first choice of coaches. I linked to a random scouting report I found that claimed he was a bit of a loose cannon and marched to his own (apparently stupid) drum.
(Also received one PM from a poster sounded credible enough, that said he had issues. I stated clearly that people could take that with a grain of salt.)

Never claimed he wasn't talented, just asked a simple question. Naturally, the fanboys went ballistic, claiming I hated the guy.

Yet now, another blatant example of this guy not jiving with his team in one way or another... and... crickets around here. Suddenly, no one wants to run Hillis threads up to 12,000 posts anymore?

From the cover of Madden to the bench in 6 games.

Gosh, I wonder if something else is going on with this guy behind the scenes.

Ya think?

Popps
10-16-2011, 10:30 PM
It would have been funnier if Hillis was benched instead of injured. Hardesty couldn't do anything when he got the chance.

Yea, Peyton was 6 for 14 before going out with no receptions. Really torching 'em, huh?

Popps
10-16-2011, 10:35 PM
That loser is costing me in fantasy. Flex suckin' today.

Almost bit on a trade for him. Someone offered me up him and a scrub WR for AJ Green and Daniel Thomas. I almost panicked because of bye-week issues and did it. Rejected it last minute... Green had a nice game, won my week.

Arkie
10-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Yea, Peyton was 6 for 14 before going out with no receptions. Really torching 'em, huh?

It would have been a weird time to bench him. They just started a new drive on the 13. They give it to Hillis for 5 yards. Then he picks up another large chunk of yards for the first before it gets called back. That was his last play even though Hardesty was ineffective.

Popps
10-16-2011, 10:44 PM
It would have been a weird time to bench him. They just started a new drive on the 13. They give it to Hillis for 5 yards. Then he picks up another large chunk of yards for the first before it gets called back. That was his last play even though Hardesty was ineffective.

He's probably hurt, then. Still doesn't change the facts of what's going on with him and his team.

Seems to get dinged up a lot. One reason or another, he's not staying on the field.

Again, don't hate the guy... but there's way too much smoke with this guy for there to be no fire. (Razorback or not.)

(By the way, what are you doing watching Raiders games?)

montrose
10-16-2011, 11:03 PM
http://www.hatersgoingtohate.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/haters-gonna-hate-flutekid.jpg

That is... hillarious.

theAPAOps5
10-16-2011, 11:16 PM
Whomever invented thermal pose picture should never have to buy a drink again!

Bronco Yoda
10-16-2011, 11:29 PM
Hillis doesn't get benched.... the bench get's Hillised! Get it straight peeps.

24champ
10-16-2011, 11:33 PM
Popps and I were so right on Peyton Nevermakeaplayis.

Include me as well. I always stated that Hillis was not smart enough to grasp an NFL playbook. He never knew which assignment to pick up as a FB and that's why Shanny demoted him and put Larsen in. McDaniels benched him for the same reasons, he just couldn't understand how the plays were designed.

ol#7
10-17-2011, 01:18 AM
Wow, for a guy that seemingly doesnt have a strong stance, Popps sure loves leaving various bodily fluids all over these threads.

cutthemdown
10-17-2011, 06:15 AM
Include me as well. I always stated that Hillis was not smart enough to grasp an NFL playbook. He never knew which assignment to pick up as a FB and that's why Shanny demoted him and put Larsen in. McDaniels benched him for the same reasons, he just couldn't understand how the plays were designed.

He's like Mongo from Blazing Saddles. He needs simple instructions, like take ball, run hard and repeat. Unfortunately as teams key on running game that isn't always enough.

Popps
10-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Wow, for a guy that seemingly doesnt have a strong stance, Popps sure loves leaving various bodily fluids all over these threads.

Hey boss, I wasn't the one attacking people for asking a simple question.

I asked a reasonable, logical question that panned out with 3 coaching staffs to have validity. At bare minimum, it was a question people should have been asking.

We've now got more evidence to that degree, and naturally... those who partook in the 12K circle-jerk claiming I "hated him" are nowhere to be found.

The only "strong stance" I've had was that the question was valid, and that I never said he didn't have physical talent. Outside of that, he's the Browns' problem now.

kappys
10-17-2011, 12:50 PM
I say we trade Quinn for him

bendog
10-17-2011, 01:50 PM
naw, he's too dumb. Keep Quinn

SouthStndJunkie
10-17-2011, 05:24 PM

Because Mickey was too busy pounding dat ass?

ol#7
10-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Hey boss, I wasn't the one attacking people for asking a simple question.

I asked a reasonable, logical question that panned out with 3 coaching staffs to have validity. At bare minimum, it was a question people should have been asking.

We've now got more evidence to that degree, and naturally... those who partook in the 12K circle-jerk claiming I "hated him" are nowhere to be found.

The only "strong stance" I've had was that the question was valid, and that I never said he didn't have physical talent. Outside of that, he's the Browns' problem now.

Hey, Im just pointing out that every time there is a Hillis thread, you post the hell out of it. For a guy that is self proclaiming to be so middle of the road about Hillis, you sure do get passionate about arguing how much you dont care either way.

broncocalijohn
11-02-2011, 10:44 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Hillis-was-an-alleged-no-show-at-charity-Hallowe?urn=nfl-wp10964

As a Hillis fan, I am losing respect for the dude. I believe the running back for the Browns went down in Oakland (?) during the 2nd quarter but no word on Hillis coming in. Score one for Popps.....ugh!

Steve Prefontaine
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
That's super dick right there. I hope there was a valid reason for missing.

edog24
11-02-2011, 11:42 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Hillis-was-an-alleged-no-show-at-charity-Hallowe?urn=nfl-wp10964

As a Hillis fan, I am losing respect for the dude. I believe the running back for the Browns went down in Oakland (?) during the 2nd quarter but no word on Hillis coming in. Score one for Popps.....ugh!

Wow from that picture he has gotten huge, roids for contract $ anyone? Sounds like he is turning into a headcase as well.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-02-2011, 11:44 AM

Sounds all-white with me.

Kaylore
11-02-2011, 11:52 AM
Madden curse?

bowtown
11-02-2011, 12:53 PM
Madden curse?

More like the Maddumb Curse.

...here all week.

errand
11-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey, Im just pointing out that every time there is a Hillis thread, you post the hell out of it. For a guy that is self proclaiming to be so middle of the road about Hillis, you sure do get passionate about arguing how much you dont care either way.

Anyone who says they don't want to feel even a little vindicated when after they get ripped and then evidence turns up that they afterall were more than likely correct in their assesment of a side of an argument is lying.

when Hillis is being benched by yet another coaching staff it lends credence to Popps argument that where there's smoke there's fire....and perhaps he feels a bit vindicated by it considering he was labelled a hater etc...for having a different opinion.

I didn't hate Brian Griese...but got alot of grief and had some epic debates with TJ and the ewey gooey girls over him because i had issues with his ability to lead the team...so when his departure and Jake being signed helped us to make playoffs 3 straight seasons including trip to AFCCG...I felt a little vindicated.

I'm sure those that questioned Orton's ability to lead us feel some vindication in his benching as well..

I don't hate Tebow...I think he's a great guy and role model, and a positive locker room presence...but his adoring nuthuggers and his dismal play of late has me questioning his ability to make it in the NFL...not saying he won't...just saying I don't know. But again if you say that you're a "hater".

I will say this...people who have blindly supported Hillis and Tebow make it hard to root for either one of them, not outta hatred for the players...but outta hatred for their nuthugging superfans.

errand
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Because Mickey was too busy pounding dat ass?

You know she was like 40 years old and still fit into her high school cheer-leader's uniform?

BroncoBen
11-02-2011, 01:11 PM
He's like Mongo from Blazing Saddles. He needs simple instructions, like take ball, run hard and repeat. Unfortunately as teams key on running game that isn't always enough.

No $hit..!! that sounds about right. The Broncos can use that draft pick to trade for Hillis on another late round draft pick who is a running back.

Kaylore
11-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I will say this...people who have blindly supported Hillis and Tebow make it hard to root for either one of them, not outta hatred for the players...but outta hatred for their nuthugging superfans.

:thumbs:

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
11-02-2011, 02:38 PM
So when does McDaniels actually get credit around here? Supposedly he traded away an "All-Pro" team ....

Guess the members on this board aren't exactly bright?

Kaylore
11-02-2011, 02:42 PM
So when does McDaniels actually get credit around here? Supposedly he traded away an "All-Pro" team ....

http://www.jerzeedevil.com/gallery/files/1/0/1/3/this_thread.jpg

Popps
11-02-2011, 02:51 PM

Yea, you didn't need to really wait for confirmation on that one.

As for Peyton... you know, it's weird. I haven't heard so much chirping from the usual suspects on him lately. I haven't seen my Hillis thread bumped in a while. You know... the Hillis thread that plainly and simply (using links and some circumstantial evidence) just asked if there might be more to Hillis than meets the eye. Remember that 300,000 post thread that was so popular for a while?

It's not getting bumped so much these days. But, like I said the last time Peyton did something really stupid, I expect those apologies to start pouring in to me any second, now.

LeCharles Bentley(notes), a former NFL Pro Bowler, is on the board of the Boys and Girls Club and tweeted his frustration at the no-show on Tuesday:

Peyton Hillis looking for 10mil guaranteed from Browns and can't show up to kids charity event? #ManPlease.

Wow, missing a kid's charity event when your rep is already in question.
Weird for such a good ole' boy, who just wants to tote the rock and play the game he loves, huh?

TDmvp
11-02-2011, 02:55 PM
I always sorta thought the Hillis love/hype around here was semi sarcastic.

Dude is a average back with moments of cool not much more.
Fun to watch when he's on but somewhat over rated.

Ray Finkle
11-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Yea, you didn't need to really wait for confirmation on that one.

As for Peyton... you know, it's weird. I haven't heard so much chirping from the usual suspects on him lately. I haven't seen my Hillis thread bumped in a while. You know... the Hillis thread that plainly and simply (using links and some circumstantial evidence) just asked if there might be more to Hillis than meets the eye. Remember that 300,000 post thread that was so popular for a while?

It's not getting bumped so much these days. But, like I said the last time Peyton did something really stupid, I expect those apologies to start pouring in to me any second, now.

LeCharles Bentley(notes), a former NFL Pro Bowler, is on the board of the Boys and Girls Club and tweeted his frustration at the no-show on Tuesday:

Peyton Hillis looking for 10mil guaranteed from Browns and can't show up to kids charity event? #ManPlease.

Wow, missing a kid's charity event when your rep is already in question.
Weird for such a good ole' boy, who just wants to tote the rock and play the game he loves, huh?

He'll be a back up soon they slowly fade out of the league....

bendog
11-02-2011, 02:57 PM

Dude is a average back with moments of cool not much more.
Fun to watch when he's on but somewhat over rated.

I think its more that tiny passed on orakpo to take nowshow to trade hillis. The combination of arrogance and incompetence leading to an epictrippleclusterfk

TDmvp
11-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I think its more that tiny passed on orakpo to take nowshow to trade hillis. The combination of arrogance and incompetence leading to an epictrippleclusterfk

Yea , that sucked . /agree.

bowtown
11-02-2011, 03:05 PM

I got over a hundred pages says it wasn't.

TDmvp
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
I got over a hundred pages says it wasn't.

That thread is kinda what I was using as my basis for saying it seemed sarcastic. Sure some people loved them some Hillis and was being dead serious but there was a lot of silly in that thread as well.

Yea there's a group of die hards but I think most people know Hillis is just average.

Kaylore
11-02-2011, 03:21 PM
That thread is kinda what I was using as my basis for saying it seemed sarcastic. Sure some people loved them some Hillis and was being dead serious but there was a lot of silly in that thread as well.

Yea there's a group of die hards but I think most people know Hillis is just average.

:nono:

It was about 70% serious. They really thought he was the bees knees. Sure, they weren't all loony, like go_broncos, who I remember in one thread which asked hypothetically if you could have any NFL player be a Bronco, who would you choose, and immediately (and honestly) declared Hillis. But the majority if you read think he was at the very least a top 7 running back.

He is not.

Popps
11-02-2011, 03:35 PM

I think his skill-set is way above average. I just think he's been out of favor with three staffs now, and as I questioned with my thread a long time ago... is there a reason?

I don't think anyone of reasonable intelligence would question that, at this point.

Rohirrim
11-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Hillis, eh?

Can he play QB?

But seriously, folks. I heard he's a five tool player. I guess the one tool is what got him traded by McDaniels (rimshot). Was any of the other tools that he could throw a pass?

ol#7
11-02-2011, 04:26 PM
Whatta ya know, Popps leading another I was right about Hillis circle jerk.

Gotta love the attitude that if someone likes a player that you dont (errand I'm looking at you) they are a nuthugger and if they flame out (in your opinion) you feel vindicated.

WTF is wrong with this fan base? This is what you spend your time rooting for? Current and former Broncos to fail??? So you can group up in a big ol' I told you so?

Pathetic.

bendog
11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
And the guy's not really that good. I mean I can understand being really poed about the entire turd Josh left for a team, but dang Hillis was hardly the worst move the guy made. What do the mcdites think they gain with this stuff? LOL

let it go ....

Tombstone RJ
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Too bad for Hillis, he seems to be his own worst enemy. Is he a good power back that can catch the ball--yep. Is he a moron--yep. That being said I think some team can probably use him. When it comes to Hillis the offensive coordinator just has the KISS the hell out of it (Keep It Simple Stupid).

strafen
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I think his skill-set is way above average. I just think he's been out of favor with three staffs now, and as I questioned with my thread a long time ago... is there a reason?

I don't think anyone of reasonable intelligence would question that, at this point.Keep saying this, that eventually -in your own words- if you keep repeating it, it'll become true someday.

You haven't provided any proof to support any of those arguments. It's the way you've interpreted in your own words, but far from being true.

Keep on going. Stay relentless my friend...

TonyR
11-02-2011, 05:15 PM
You haven't provided any proof to support any of those arguments.

Let me try to dumb it down for you.
Shanahan didn't play him until he was the last able bodied RB on the roster.
McDaniels barely played him.
Pat Shurmur has stopped playing him.

How many coaches do you count listed above? Or can you not count that high?

bendog
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM
I don't care about the guy, but shanny drafted him as a fb, and he only got in when there were no more tb bodies.

McD .... if McD didn't like a guy, it's a good bet that McD was wrong.

He's in contract bitch with Clev and he's not gonna get paid ... and he shouldn't. he's not that good and he runs like Tebow and is an injury magnet.

mr007
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM

I don't think anyone of reasonable intelligence would question that, at this point.

You didn't question that he was out of favor with 3 staffs. You emphatically stated he was too stupid to learn the playbook and made other generalized statements as truth with absolutely no supporting evidence.

strafen
11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Let me try to dumb it down for you.
Shanahan didn't play him until he was the last able bodied RB on the roster.
McDaniels barely played him.
Pat Shurmur has stopped playing him.

How many coaches do you count listed above? Or can you not count that high?Let me see if I've got this right.
Hillis was a 7th round draft choice, drafted as a full back, and you're telling me that there was a reason why Shanahan didn't make him a starter right away?
Did you know how many RB's were ahead of him?
Shanny didn't know what Hillis could do on the field until he tried him out, had Hillis also not gotten injured, we would've made the play-offs.
Have you heard of any of those RB's that Shanny played in 2008 lately?
Gotcha' I see your logic now...

And McDaniels not known for his brilliant personnel moves that made this team the laughing stock of the NFL for the last 3 years shipped Hillis out of town was a good move?
Gotcha' we outta trust Mcdaniels wisdom here and go by what he thought was best for the team...

and now in Cleveland, where they spend a 1st round pick on a rb (Hardesty) and Hillis was supposed to go over there and be the starter?
Yet, he ended up being the starter. Hardesty has not panned oout yet.
Hillis was just about all the offense Cleveland had last season.
This season the guy wants to get paid. He's gotten hurt, and you want to pin this one on the coaching stuff?
Despite all this BS you guys keep professing, Hillis performance on the field kept proving otherwise. You know, like this guy is too productive, therefore let's bench him and trade him, right?
How many TD did he score last season?
What was his ranking in the whole NFL in scoring last season, again?
Can't hear ya'!

Brilliant!

Popps
11-02-2011, 05:59 PM
You didn't question that he was out of favor with 3 staffs. You emphatically stated he was too stupid to learn the playbook and made other generalized statements as truth with absolutely no supporting evidence.

Liar, liar... pants on fire.

C'mon now, I know bull**** is the last gasp of a dying argument, but let's not re-write history. Here's the first post of the thread on the subject I started...

So, we've heard speculation from a few corners that he's had issues with coaching, or picking up the playbook. Being someone who thought he had starter written all over him, I found that tough to believe. But, I read it in a few places... and then even received a PM from what seemed a reliable source with no reason to make anything up. I didn't discredit the info, but didn't buy into it completely, either.

So, after these rumors persisted, I googled a bit and came across this. Apparently, something called a "SIGMA" test, which is part of an "HRT Profile" that I'm guessing scouts use, which cites Wonderlic info, etc.

Again, I think Hillis has the physical tools to be productive, but this was an interesting read, if for no other reason... the detail it includes.

It's a PDF download. Find it by googling "Hillis SIGMA." I'm guessing this probably wasn't meant for public consumption so much as for some sort of scouting use. It doesn't sound like it's written for commercial consumption.

Anyway, so... we can stop telling lies, now. :)

I'll wait here for that apology. Nothing elaborate, but just a simple "sorry, Popps" will do. You know, for telling lies... and being so short-sighted on a thread that asked a very simple question and gave a little background on why the question was asked.

I mean, the simple and logical question I asked surely is beyond debate, at this point. No matter how lubed up anyone is over the guy... the smoke from this fire is billowing into the sky, at this point. We no longer need to wonder if there's fire.

Anyway, I'll be here waiting... no rush.

Popps
11-02-2011, 06:09 PM
Let me see if I've got this right.
Hillis was a 7th round draft choice, drafted as a full back, and you're telling me that there was a reason why Shanahan didn't make him a starter right away?
!

Yea, I mean... it's not like Shanahan has any sort of eye for running backs in late rounds...

http://www.sdhoc.com/files/imagecache/600w_scale/terrell-davis.jpg

... or an eye for converting players from one position to another...

http://media.lawrence.com/img/photos/2005/08/28/COLTS_BRONCOS_bw_sports_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9 b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc

Plus, it's not like he had anyone on staff at any point who might be able to identify a RB...

http://media.trb.com/media/alternatethumbnails/story/2010-01/51615271-13083513.jpg

Yea, I mean... who could have expected Mike Shanahan to have any skill-set to identify a potential ball-carrier in his offense. It's not like the guy had any success in the run-game over his years in Denver.

Yea, poor, stupid Mike just had no clue that Peyton could run the ball.
Just dumb luck, I guess. Probably just coincidence that even after Hillis showed promise, Mike was slow to start him. The benching earlier in his career was probably a fluke, as well. His problems with the next staff and now in Cleveland in a major way are just a coincidence, I'm sure.
Nothing to see here.

What a crazy question to even ask, huh? What was I thinking.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
11-03-2011, 04:59 AM

I'm not sure why this logic isn't used for every team in the league. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty convinced the only people who sit here and talking about a team passing up on a certain players are extremely stupid and unknowledgeable about football. This logic should only be seriously discussed with teams that have a 1st - 5th pick, even at that.

Every single team passes on players that eventually do well... this is the NATURE of the sport and the PHYSICS of the NFL front offices. Do you call your son a dumbass because he shot a basketball and missed? Do you call your son incompetent when he throws a football and misses his target? Do you call your son arrogant for trying to swing for a home run and missing? Or do you understand that comes along with playing sports?

OR are you just too ****ing stupid to understand this even tho you've been following the sport for how many years of your life?

I'm honestly convinced many of you are employed at low end jobs that don't require much from the mind.

BroncoBuff
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
"Should Broncos make a call?" ....

:oyvey:

srphoenix
11-04-2011, 01:25 PM
Hillis is self destructing right now in Cleveland. Check out the latest report about him that PFT did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/04/teammates-held-intervention-about-hillis-attitude/

Sounds like he's been dogging it and generally not giving a crap because he's not getting a huge contract.

If for whatever reason we still want him we won't have to worry about a trade, we could just pick him up on waivers soon.

Dagmar
11-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Peyton Hillis would have to move the Browns to Baltimore to become any less popular in Cleveland.

This kid is definitely a bit strange.

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 01:31 PM
if he is really doing that, what team will take him when he is free to leave? He will either be labeled a malcontent or injury proned. With one season of futility, he isnt going to be getting that big contract unless it is performance -ladened.

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 01:32 PM
"Should Broncos make a call?" ....

:oyvey:

See date of thread. It has been bumped.

bendog
11-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure why this logic isn't used for every team in the league. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty convinced the only people who sit here and talking about a team passing up on a certain players are extremely stupid and unknowledgeable about football. This logic should only be seriously discussed with teams that have a 1st - 5th pick, even at that.

Every single team passes on players that eventually do well... this is the NATURE of the sport and the PHYSICS of the NFL front offices. Do you call your son a dumbass because he shot a basketball and missed? Do you call your son incompetent when he throws a football and misses his target? Do you call your son arrogant for trying to swing for a home run and missing? Or do you understand that comes along with playing sports?

OR are you just too ****ing stupid to understand this even tho you've been following the sport for how many years of your life?

I'm honestly convinced many of you are employed at low end jobs that don't require much from the mind.

please put me on ignore.

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 01:49 PM
please put me on ignore.

It works better the other way around.

bowtown
11-04-2011, 03:29 PM
Peyton have more leg fire. No can play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7189551/peyton-hillis-cleveland-browns-re-injures-hamstring

EREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/cle/cleveland-browns) running back Peyton Hillis (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/11461/peyton-hillis) has re-injured his left hamstring in practice, making his return after missing two games unlikely.

In the latest twist to a drama-filled season for Hillis, he pulled up following a running play in practice on Friday. He fired the ball to the ground and then flung his helmet in frustration before being escorted back to the team's facility by a trainer.
Hillis returned to practice Thursday for the first time since last week. The Browns (3-4) had hoped he would be back for this Sunday's game at Houston.

Popps
11-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Peyton have more leg fire. No can play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7189551/peyton-hillis-cleveland-browns-re-injures-hamstring

:rofl:

Old blue-collar, 5-tool Peyton can't stay on the field. You'd think with not playing, he'd have time to go to charity events for kids instead of blowing them off. Gosh, I wonder why the Browns haven't extended his contract yet?

Nothing to see here though, right guys? He's just a hard-nosed player who needs the rock, right guys?

I mean... it would have been totally ignorant to ask if there was something going on behind the scenes with this guy....

Right y'all?

What, no one wants to bump the Peyton Hillis thread anymore? The thrill is gone?

Popps
11-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Haha! Just found this post over at the Fat Man. I guess I wasn't the only one who called this a while back... and was the center of a witch-hunt because of it...

Drewthorn from Enid, OK Nov 3, 2011 9:27 AM

Back at another place, I got accused of being a kool aid addicted McDophile for suggesting that there was probably a reason that one coaching staff burned through 5 guys before giving Hillis the rock, the next gave up on him about two games into the season, and then a third basically said that they were resigned to and disappointed by the fact that they’d have to enter the season with Hillis being the guy after the legendary Montario Hardesty was lost for the season. I was routinely assured that I was a blind idiot, that McD was an ego motivated megalomaniac punk, that nobody in Cleveland ever said that, and that Peyton Hillis was the real Tim Tebow. I think its safe to say now that while Hillis clearly has it in him to play effectively in the NFL, he is also saddled with some behind closed door issues (maturity, work ethic) that trump all else.

broncocalijohn
11-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Popps, please explain what we got for the Hillis trade exactly? Seems 2012 draft will still have an effect on us.

Kaylore
11-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Hillis sure is awesome! My original prediction was out of football by 2012. That is looking like it might still be right...

Play2win
11-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Popps, please explain what we got for the Hillis trade exactly? Seems 2012 draft will still have an effect on us.

The ability to watch Denver Broncos football this year without having to watch either Orton or Tebow.

It will be Quin's turn to **** the bed, to make it a perfect trifecta!

Ugly Duck
11-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Tosh & Josh.... separated at birth?

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/attachments/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/16135d1320387453-hue-jackson-josh-mcdaniels-2-0-daniel-tosh.pnghttp://www.raiderfans.net/forum/attachments/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/16136d1320387454-hue-jackson-josh-mcdaniels-2-0-josh-mcdaniels-broncos-8721d89110362871_large.jpg

Popps
11-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Hillis sure is awesome! My original prediction was out of football by 2012. That is looking like it might still be right...

Yea, it's weird that a 5-tool back who just wants to come in and tote the rock would have such a rough go of it. I mean, he's just a good ole' boy.

Again, if someone had only raised this question a long time ago, huh?

Do I have to bump my own thread? I mean... it was such a popular bump for a while there...

mr007
11-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Anyway, I'll be here waiting... no rush.

You may very well have written that, but I'm not going to waste my time digging up the numerous comments you've made where you state, as if it was a fact, that he was too stupid to learn the playbook, etc.

So keep waiting...

Popps
11-04-2011, 04:43 PM
You may very well have written that, but I'm not going to waste my time digging up the numerous comments you've made where you state, as if it was a fact, that he was too stupid to learn the playbook, etc.

So keep waiting...

Oh, I don't expect anyone to come here and admit they were wrong for overreacting to my simple question. But, it's fun to **** with you self-righteous types who take this stuff so seriously.

Anyway, thanks for checking in. I'll just sort of take this as your version of an apology.

Bronco Yoda
11-04-2011, 04:54 PM
Bwahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa

You've certainly covered EVERY angle with your boy Hillis. He could fly to the moon and you'd have the angle down. I'll give you that much.

cutthemdown
11-04-2011, 06:59 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_peyton_hillis_hamstring_contract_browns1104 11

BEREA, Ohio – The Cleveland Browns (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/cle/)’ team charter had taxied onto the Hopkins International Airport runway last Friday when a flight attendant pulled a small piece of paper out of a white paper bag and made an announcement: “And the winner is … Number 40.”
http://l.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/lOBBSRg8gVbb.EXLKfGKgA--/YXBwaWQ9eXZpZGVvO2NoPTI0MDtjcj0xO2N3PTE4MDtkeD0xO2 R5PTE7Zmk9dWxjcm9wO2g9MjQwO3E9MTAwO3c9MTgw/http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/ipt/peytonhillissidelinex.jpg Browns running back Peyton Hillis has missed the past two games with a hamstring injury.
(AP)

Peyton Hillis (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9004/)(notes) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9004/news), the team’s injured and beleaguered halfback, had won the game of “Hot 20,” a lottery-like parlaying of players’ per-diem allocations.
“Congratulations, Peyton,” a Browns veteran yelled from the back of the plane as Hillis strode forward to collect his winnings. “You finally got paid!”

Popps
11-04-2011, 07:27 PM
By Wednesday, a group of about eight Browns veterans had summoned Hillis into a meeting room for an intervention-style, air-clearing session designed to restore his focus. After a breakout season in 2010 that vaulted him to national prominence, including a spot on the “Madden NFL ’12” cover, the 25-year-old back’s consuming desire for a new contract has become a locker room distraction that numerous teammates regard as an impediment to cohesion and collective success.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” says one Browns veteran. “Last year, Peyton was such a positive, inspirational force on our team – but now he’s like a different guy. It’s like he’s in a funk that he can’t get out of, and it’s killing us, because we really need him. And we’ve told him that. But we’re at the point where we just don’t know what to do.”

During an interview session with reporters in the locker room of the Browns’ training facility Thursday, Hillis conceded that his dissatisfaction with his contract and the accompanying controversies – including his decision to miss a late-September game against the Miami Dolphins while suffering from strep throat – have made it difficult to get his “mind right.”

Wow, vets having to beg this guy to get his **** together.

LOL

But, nothing to see. Don't ask any questions about this guy. A+ work ethic.

bowtown
11-04-2011, 08:54 PM

If you believe the rumors that Nutt was telling scouts that Hillis had attitude problems and off the filed issues--causing him to drop to the 7th in the first place--then that's technically 4 staffs that he's fallen out of favor with.

Popps
11-04-2011, 08:59 PM
If you believe the rumors that Nutt was telling scouts that Hillis had attitude problems and off the filed issues--causing him to drop to the 7th in the first place--then that's technically 4 staffs that he's fallen out of favor with.

He's got 5 tools, though.

Anyway, we were assured by dozens of posters over thousands of posts that it was pure insanity to even question whether something was going on with the guy in the locker room.

Clearly, this is all just a big misunderstanding.

bowtown
11-04-2011, 09:03 PM
He can pull a bus.