PDA

View Full Version : Report: Todd Haley would have been fired if Chiefs lost to Colts

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-13-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82318409/article/report-pioli-was-prepared-to-fire-haley-if-chiefs-lost?module=HP11_headline_stack

Kansas City's frantic rally from a 17-point deficit did not just save the Chiefs from an embarrassing loss to the Indianapolis Colts, but it might have saved Chiefs coach Todd Haley's job, too.

Citing multiple team sources, KCSP-AM reported Thursday that general manager Scott Pioli was prepared to fire Haley if the Chiefs lost to the Colts. In other words, Haley owes wideout Dwayne Bowe a nice gift basket when the Chiefs return from their bye week.

Listen to the 2011 NFL season LIVE -- hear all the action online in premium sound quality with NFL Audio Pass. Sign up now!
Haley led the Chiefs to a 10-6 record and an AFC West crown last season but has been widely criticized for the club's poor start in 2011. Haley's detractors cite his decision to treat the preseason as a de facto conditioning program, which led to tight end Tony Moeaki's season-ending injury, as well as his over-the-top demeanor on the sidelines.

Haley is 16-22 in his two-plus seasons with the Chiefs, and it has been reported that he doesn't have the best relationship with his Pioli.

But the Chiefs have now won two straight, and at least for now, there doesn't seem to be an imminent regime change in K.C.

The Chiefs visit the Oakland Raiders in Week 7.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
thank god for DBowe...

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM
Bob was furious on CP after that game. He had his heart set on Luck.

maven
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I do not buy it.

RhymesayersDU
10-13-2011, 09:17 PM
I do not buy it.

Of course not.

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 09:57 PM
Bob was furious on CP after that game. He had his heart set on Luck.

Bob pretends he "always wanted" whatever is happening to the Chiefs.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 10:11 PM
if they want Luck just do what we do....

trade Bowe

KCStud
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
This is 100% false. Nick Wright is the one who did this for attention. Here is where it came from.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5513378

Nick Wright the biggest moron in KC media. Pioli has Arrowhead locked up like his buddy Belicheck does in NE. KC media hates it so they make garbage up.

Nick Wright also had "reliable sources" that Jamaal Charles didn't want to be a Chief anymore and wanted out. 2 days later he signs a big extension.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:34 PM
This is 100% false. Nick Wright is the one who did this for attention. Here is where it came from.

http://www.610sports.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=5513378

Nick Wright the biggest moron in KC media. Pioli has Arrowhead locked up like his buddy Belicheck does in NE. KC media hates it so they make garbage up.

Nick Wright also had "reliable sources" that Jamaal Charles didn't want to be a Chief anymore and wanted out. 2 days later he signs a big extension.

Like I said, I do not buy it.

Oh, and the deal is done!

KCStud
10-13-2011, 10:38 PM
Like I said, I do not buy it.

Oh, and the deal is done!

Haha that's actually Nick Athan but still very funny. I highly doubt Pioli would want to fire Haley over the outcome of 1 game.
I personally think Haley will be extended because the players love him. I hardly think a lockout and serious injury problems are gonna get him fired.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Glad they are keeping Haley instead of bringing in a real coach.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Haha that's actually Nick Athan but still very funny. I highly doubt Pioli would want to fire Haley over the outcome of 1 game.
I personally think Haley will be extended because the players love him. I hardly think a lockout and serious injury problems are gonna get him fired.

Damn, how many Nicks are there covering the chiefs.

:giggle:

ADD: I agree. He had some bad losses(injuries) this year. I think Haley will definitely get more wins out of the team and will get another go next season.

KCStud
10-13-2011, 11:01 PM
Glad they are keeping Haley instead of bringing in a real coach.

I love when people call Haley a bad coach. Everything Haley has done to this point in KC has been above average.
And don't bring up this year because no coach could take this years team to the playoffs with Berry, Charles and Moeaki on the bench with blown knees.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I love when people call Haley a bad coach. Everything Haley has done to this point in KC has been above average.
And don't bring up this year because no coach could take this years team to the playoffs with Berry, Charles and Moeaki on the bench with blown knees.

Hilarious!

Dude anyone and everyone can tell that Haley is a bad coach. Who are you kidding?

Bob's your Information Minister
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Bob pretends he "always wanted" whatever is happening to the Chiefs.

Nah, don't believe the hype.

I'd much prefer we were 0-5, and we could be with a little luck.

Wait, luck?

:(

If Cassel entrenches himself as our long-term starter this year it's going to be horribly depressing.

KCStud
10-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Hilarious!

Dude anyone and everyone can tell that Haley is a bad coach. Who are you kidding?

How is he a bad coach?

Rolandftw
10-13-2011, 11:22 PM
Haley terribly messed up the preseason for the Chiefs. They were clearly not ready to play the first two weeks of the season. You can blame that on the lockout but every coach had to deal with the same lockout.

But that aside, KC usually beats the mediocre to bad teams in the league which is a positive sign of a team well prepared. They usually lose to the good teams which is probably more a reflection of talent level then coaching.

However, I do think Haley was on the hot seat going into the last couple games before the bye. It isn't just Nick Wright saying this. Lombardi has been saying it. A couple other sources have said it as well. Both Pioli and Haley think they are the smartest man in the NFL, and when one is under the other that easily can lead to tension. Nick Wright's usually right on most of what he says. yeah, he's been wrong before but he's been right A LOT more. And he clearly has sources in the Chiefs organization that leak info to him.

Pioli is the problem in Kansas City overall, and not Haley. Haley's personality is going to conflict with certain players, but as a whole many like playing for him.

With all that said, I still think the odds are much higher Haley is fired then Pioli. Might not be fair, or in the Chiefs best interest but the coach usually gets the blame before the GM.

maven
10-13-2011, 11:25 PM
With all that said, I still think the odds are much higher Haley is fired then Pioli. Might not be fair, or in the Chiefs best interest but the coach usually gets the blame before the GM.

well, duh

10-13-2011, 11:46 PM
But that aside, KC usually beats the mediocre to bad teams in the league which is a positive sign of a team well prepared. They usually lose to the good teams which is probably more a reflection of talent level then coaching.

Mostly it's the QB.

Taco John
10-14-2011, 12:16 AM
KC doesn't have much luck with sports writers named Nick.

KCStud
10-14-2011, 01:05 AM
Haley terribly messed up the preseason for the Chiefs. They were clearly not ready to play the first two weeks of the season. You can blame that on the lockout but every coach had to deal with the same lockout.

However, I do think Haley was on the hot seat going into the last couple games before the bye. It isn't just Nick Wright saying this. Lombardi has been saying it. A couple other sources have said it as well. Both Pioli and Haley think they are the smartest man in the NFL, and when one is under the other that easily can lead to tension. Nick Wright's usually right on most of what he says. yeah, he's been wrong before but he's been right A LOT more. And he clearly has sources in the Chiefs organization that leak info to him.

Pioli is the problem in Kansas City overall, and not Haley. Haley's personality is going to conflict with certain players, but as a whole many like playing for him.

Haley and Pioli are both to blame for the preseason plan. And I don't think Pioli is a problem.
His drafting has been above par. Especially 2011. Berry, Moeaki and Asamoah look like future pro bowlers (Asamoah ranked top 10 in pass pro according to PFF). And the rest look like solid role players.
Even Tyson Jackson has played well this year. Idk how but he is and I hope he gets better.
The only real problem with Pioli is his faith in Cassel, which is a huge problem because of his position.
I agree that both have big ego's, but that's not been a problem.
Pioli never talks to the media. Today when he defended Haley and said the report was false showed he does have faith in his coach.
I think it would be a big mistake to fire Haley, especially with how well he's coaching. He's getting the most out of his players, and if not for Cassel's horrible INT in SD (Pioli's QB, not Haley's), than KC has a winning record and tied for 1st place in the division after starting horribly and losing our biggest impact players to injury.

boltaneer
10-14-2011, 02:11 AM
Can we start an online petition to extend Haley's contract?

I think this is one thing everyone can agree with KCStud on. ;D

Ray Finkle
10-14-2011, 05:10 AM
Bob was furious on CP after that game. He had his heart set on big fat weenie.

fixed for everyones enjoyment....

Jetmeck
10-14-2011, 05:24 AM

Average compared to what you had for a coach ????
No where to go but up for the Chiefs or Haley.
Blame it all on injuries..........they were never as good as you thought
they were. Even your own 810 sports station has fans that get it.
You are a homer.

It's okay, got a friend who can't understand it either.
Chiefs beat Minny and Indy who have combined for one win and
at the point the Chiefs played them they had 0 wins.

It's okay if logic and common sense escape you when it comes to your team. Me, I know they stink, they stunk last year and have
stunk for decades overall.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-14-2011, 05:41 AM
What happened with the McJoshie to KC rumor? That would be the only thing better than a Haley extension.

BigPlayShay
10-14-2011, 05:48 AM
Not surprising, but the Chiefs season and Haley were saved by a little Cornhole:

"The Chiefs have won two straight games (one more and it's a streak!), and although they weren't against the NFL's premier opposition, it's pretty impressive given the way the season began. Even if it's unfortunate for the "Suck for Luck" faction of Chiefs fans. So NFL.com asked the team what's behind Kansas City's turnaround. The team credited ... cornhole. "

http://www.pitch.com/plog/archives/2011/10/11/kansas-city-chiefs-credit-cornhole-with-saving-season

maher_tyler
10-14-2011, 07:41 AM
Hopefully they win just enough games for him to stick around for another season.

Rolandftw
10-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Haley and Pioli are both to blame for the preseason plan. And I don't think Pioli is a problem.
His drafting has been above par. Especially 2011. Berry, Moeaki and Asamoah look like future pro bowlers (Asamoah ranked top 10 in pass pro according to PFF). And the rest look like solid role players.

Lol. Moeaki probably is never going to be healthy enough to be a pro bowler. And Asamoah wasn't even ranked by scout.com prior to this season. You really comfortable saying someone looks like a future pro bowler based on five games (mainly the last 2.5)? Arenas and McCluster have been terrible. Jackson is average. Not what you want out of your #3 pick, but the draft was weak as hell that year at the top so Pioli gets a pass there.

And every source that I know that covers the Chiefs has said that Berry was a Haley pick, not a Pioli pick. It is not the "Patriots Way" to draft a safety in the top 5 after all.

Aside from his horrid drafting, the whole belief in doing things the Patriots Way minus a player of Tom Brady's caliber is retarded. Systems don't win championships, or create dynasties--great players do.

Pioli never talks to the media. Today when he defended Haley and said the report was false showed he does have faith in his coach.

Don't you think it's funny that a guy that never talks to the media, decides to talk now? This is a guy that doesn't want his players to disclose anything, because apparently Jonathan Baldwin specifying what area of special teams he worked on gives the other team a competitive advantage.

I don't get how you could blame Cassel for the SD loss entirely. They had a terrible offensive gameplan the first half, and Cassel got the Chiefs back in the game in the second half. If Indy doesn't drop as many passes, the Chiefs lose there as well probably.

Fans always isolate one or two plays as the reason why they lost, but there's always going to be a few plays that go the other way and are a part of why they lost.

bowtown
10-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Nah, don't believe the hype.

I'd much prefer we were 0-5, and we could be with a little luck.

Wait, luck?

:(

If Cassel entrenches himself as our long-term starter this year it's going to be horribly depressing.

Put your big Bronco balls on the block, b****es.

We'll bump this thread in December for some laughs.

Chiefs Schedule

Bills @ Chiefs W
Chiefs @ Lions W
Chiefs @ SD L
Vikings @ Chiefs W
Chiefs @ Colts L
BYE
Chiefs @ Raiders L
SD @ Chiefs W
Dolphins @ Chiefs W
Donkeys @ Chiefs W
Chiefs @ Patriots L
Steelers @ Chiefs W
Chiefs @ Bears L
Chiefs @ Jets W
Packers @ Chiefs L
Raiders @ Chiefs W
Chiefs @ Donkeys W

10-6

[/B]

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 12:36 PM
How is he a bad coach?

If I need to explain it to a KC fan, there's probably no point. Let's put it this way: pretty much every fan of your rival teams will be happy to see Haley stay in KC for a long time...

Inkana7
10-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Remember when this guy was "better than Champ?"

@ProFootbalFocus: KC's Brandon Flowers allowed 6 TDs in his first 3 years in the NFL. He has allowed 7 through the first 5 games of 2011

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Remember when this guy was "better than Champ?"

@ProFootbalFocus: KC's Brandon Flowers allowed 6 TDs in his first 3 years in the NFL. He has allowed 7 through the first 5 games of 2011

I remember when a bunch of crack smoking retards said something like that. Though I doubt they've stopped smoking crack or being retarded just because the guy has had a few bad games.

10-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Three of those TDs are to Calvin Johnson and another was on a ridiculous play by Stevie Johnson where Flowers had him tightly covered.

campocorto
10-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Three of those TDs are to Calvin Johnson and another was on a ridiculous play by Stevie Johnson where Flowers had him tightly covered.

Lets see the GIFs then.

broncosteven
10-14-2011, 03:03 PM
Nothing would make me happier to see KFC's new Steve Bono and Herm Edwards stay around for at least another 3-5 years!

KCStud
10-14-2011, 04:34 PM
Lol. Moeaki probably is never going to be healthy enough to be a pro bowler. And Asamoah wasn't even ranked by scout.com prior to this season. You really comfortable saying someone looks like a future pro bowler based on five games (mainly the last 2.5)? Arenas and McCluster have been terrible. Jackson is average. Not what you want out of your #3 pick, but the draft was weak as hell that year at the top so Pioli gets a pass there.

When Moeaki is on the field, he's one of the better TE's in the league. I think labeling him injury prone in the NFL is pretentious at this point. But he is an concern based on college.
Asamoah was the 2nd ranked G in the draft. He got a ton of credit at Illinois and was a huge reason Mendenhall did so well. He's played 7 games. The first game he started was by far our best rushing game last year and we ran through his side primarily. This year we are 7th in rushing without Charles and we're running through his gap more than half the time. I think he deserves credit.
I don't think McCluster, Arenas or Jackson are terrible, but they are not worth their draft position. McCluster has made an impact. 4.9 YPC isn't terrible.

And every source that I know that covers the Chiefs has said that Berry was a Haley pick, not a Pioli pick. It is not the "Patriots Way" to draft a safety in the top 5 after all.

Aside from his horrid drafting, the whole belief in doing things the Patriots Way minus a player of Tom Brady's caliber is retarded. Systems don't win championships, or create dynasties--great players do.

Nobody knows. Arrowhead is tight lipped like Gillette Stadium. Thomas Dimitroff worked with Pioli in NE and Dimitroff said Pioli would take a Safety that high, so who knows?

I agree 100% that great players (mainly QB's) make systems flourish.

Don't you think it's funny that a guy that never talks to the media, decides to talk now? This is a guy that doesn't want his players to disclose anything, because apparently Jonathan Baldwin specifying what area of special teams he worked on gives the other team a competitive advantage.

Pioli doesn't like the media. And KC isn't the only team that does this. I wouldn't reveal anything either, especially after spygate.
For Pioli to come out and defend Haley says a lot.

I don't get how you could blame Cassel for the SD loss entirely. They had a terrible offensive gameplan the first half, and Cassel got the Chiefs back in the game in the second half. If Indy doesn't drop as many passes, the Chiefs lose there as well probably.

Pretty simple. Cassel had the perfect opportunity to tie/win the game and he throws a terrible INT. The defense kept us in the game. I give a lot of credit to the defense for not giving up a passing TD to Rivers.
The gameplan wasn't the problem. Haley called decent plays. Cassel is the one who chose to go to his checkdown receiver aka RB in the flat almost every play when Bowe was open.

Fans always isolate one or two plays as the reason why they lost, but there's always going to be a few plays that go the other way and are a part of why they lost.

This is true, but Chiefs fans have reason to point the finger at Cassel. Cassel is 1-5 against winning teams since he had talent at the start of last season and he's looked terrible in each game.
Cassel dominates the little guys, but when it comes to the big boys, he wets the bed.

KCStud
10-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Nothing would make me happier to see KFC's new Steve Bono and Herm Edwards stay around for at least another 3-5 years!

The entire AFC West hopes Mr. Ed and the Fantastic Fox stay around for awhile.

A coach with 1 winning season in his last 5 years who lead his established team to the worst record in football along with a GM who is wanting to trade your best offensive player.

All this and you have Teblow! !Booya!

The Broncos have been great to the AFC West. Getting rid of Cutler, Marshall, Ratty and Schefter. Keep e'm coming!

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 04:46 PM

A coach with 1 winning season in his last 5 years who lead his established team to the worst league in football along with a GM who is wanting to trade your best offensive player.

The Broncos have been great to the AFC West. Getting rid of Cutler, Marshall, Ratty and Schefter. Keep e'm coming!

First half of post makes sense. Second half not so much. Have you been paying much attention to Cutler and Marshall lately? Have you actually watched Tebow play for the Broncos (13 total TDs in 4 and 1/2 games my friend)? People in our division who aren't a little nervous at Tebow's potential aren't paying attention or are simply stupid. But don't worry, like you said EFX is in charge here so the AFC West is probably safe...

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 04:47 PM
Cassel dominates the little guys, but when it comes to the big boys, he wets the bed.

Cassel doesn't dominate anyone. Hilarious!

campocorto
10-14-2011, 04:49 PM

"Cassel dominates" is an oxymoron.

Captain Checkdown hasn't dominated jack **** in the NFL.

broncosteven
10-14-2011, 04:49 PM

A coach with 1 winning season in his last 5 years who lead his established team to the worst record in football along with a GM who is wanting to trade your best offensive player.

You forget that the same HC lead a team to the SB. I will take a guy in my corner who has had success in the past over a punk like Haley.

KCStud
10-14-2011, 08:11 PM
First half of post makes sense. Second half not so much. Have you been paying much attention to Cutler and Marshall lately? Have you actually watched Tebow play for the Broncos (13 total TDs in 4 and 1/2 games my friend)? People in our division who aren't a little nervous at Tebow's potential aren't paying attention or are simply stupid. But don't worry, like you said EFX is in charge here so the AFC West is probably safe...

Marshall hasn't been good, but Cutler took his team to the championship game (despite being a pvssy). Ratty has his new team in 1st place and Schefter is showing that Denver made a horrible mistake letting him go.

Tebow didn't impress me Sunday. He ran in the first TD. His 2nd TD was a simple screen that Moreno took to the house. The only good throws downfield he made were to the TE in garbage time and Lloyd, who made a spectacular catch.
There's no need to be bragging about last year when Tebow had a "career game" against the 30th ranked Texans defense with the worst pass defense in the NFL.
Until Tebow proves he can throw downfield, he's the same QB he was at Florida, except he can run the ball all over the field in the NFL like he did in college.

broncosteven
10-14-2011, 08:15 PM
Marshall hasn't been good, but Cutler took his team to the championship game (despite being a pvssy). Ratty has his new team in 1st place and Schefter is showing that Denver made a horrible mistake letting him go.

Tebow didn't impress me Sunday. He ran in the first TD. His 2nd TD was a simple screen that Moreno took to the house. The only good throws downfield he made were to the TE in garbage time and Lloyd, who made a spectacular catch.
There's no need to be bragging about last year when Tebow had a "career game" against the 30th ranked Texans defense with the worst pass defense in the NFL.
Until Tebow proves he can throw downfield, he's the same QB he was at Florida, except he can run the ball all over the field in the NFL like he did in college.

Garbage time? They were in the game until the last play.

KCStud
10-14-2011, 08:19 PM
You forget that the same HC lead a team to the SB. I will take a guy in my corner who has had success in the past over a punk like Haley.

Only 5 coaches in NFL history have taken 2 teams to the SB and none of them won a 2nd title.
Meanwhile, promoted first-time coaches like Sean Payton, Mike Tomlin, Ken Whisenhunt, Lovie Smith and Andy Reid took their teams to the SB.
So yes, history says Haley has a better chance than the Fantastic Fox.

Rolandftw
10-14-2011, 08:28 PM
When Moeaki is on the field, he's one of the better TE's in the league. I think labeling him injury prone in the NFL is pretentious at this point. But he is an concern based on college.

He only fell in the draft because of his injury concerns. He had a good rookie season and then missed the entire season this year. You think labeling him as injury prone is pretentious, even though that's the only reason he fell until late in the third round?

I like Tony, and hope he can stay healthy... but even if healthy he's probably not one of the top TE's in his draft class. Jimmy Graham's having a breakout season. Gronkowski's a monster that will probably get 1,000 yards receiving or close to it. Hernandez might top 700 yards as well. Gresham has similar injury concerns to Tony, and probably similar production this season.

I'd be shocked if he was ever a pro bowler (unless he's the second or third replacement or something).

Asamoah was the 2nd ranked G in the draft. He got a ton of credit at Illinois and was a huge reason Mendenhall did so well. He's played 7 games. The first game he started was by far our best rushing game last year and we ran through his side primarily. This year we are 7th in rushing without Charles and we're running through his gap more than half the time. I think he deserves credit.

And JD Walton was the 2nd ranked C in the same draft. Still fell to the third round. He's had some good games as well, but don't think I can say he's expected to be a pro bowler or anything.

And KC's running game has done a lot better the last two games. Wasn't nearly as much praise for Asamoah before that. He deserves credit, but claiming he's a pro bowl talent from essentially two games--against probably two of the worst ten teams in football.. well, no one outside of KC is making those claims.

I don't think McCluster, Arenas or Jackson are terrible, but they are not worth their draft position. McCluster has made an impact. 4.9 YPC isn't terrible.

McCluster was widely seen as terrible prior to the last couple games. He was a fumbling machine.

Nobody knows. Arrowhead is tight lipped like Gillette Stadium. Thomas Dimitroff worked with Pioli in NE and Dimitroff said Pioli would take a Safety that high, so who knows?

But you could say the same with Cassel. Some people claim that Haley hates Cassel, and others say that he likes working with him. We don't really know for sure if Cassel was a Pioli guy but it was highly expected. You can say it just doesn't fit the Patriots m.o. to take a Safety in the top 5. Same with a OT.

Pioli doesn't like the media. And KC isn't the only team that does this. I wouldn't reveal anything either, especially after spygate.
For Pioli to come out and defend Haley says a lot.

No, they're not the only team. But other then NE very few teams are as secretive about what seem to be minute details. I think the fact that he answered at all shows that Haley was on the hot seat. Maybe not with a loss at Indy, but he was and is still someone that can be fired if KC takes a few more losses in a row.

Pretty simple. Cassel had the perfect opportunity to tie/win the game and he throws a terrible INT. The defense kept us in the game. I give a lot of credit to the defense for not giving up a passing TD to Rivers. The gameplan wasn't the problem. Haley called decent plays. Cassel is the one who chose to go to his checkdown receiver aka RB in the flat almost every play when Bowe was open.

Yeah, but Cassel got you back in the game too. And the offensive game plan was so bland and conservative, I dunno how any fan could blame Cassel. The interception was bad but they were behind the whole game. It wasn't the only reason they lost.

This is true, but Chiefs fans have reason to point the finger at Cassel. Cassel is 1-5 against winning teams since he had talent at the start of last season and he's looked terrible in each game.

I don't think it's all on the QB. He's a problem in those games, but he's not the only one.

KCStud
10-14-2011, 08:49 PM
He only fell in the draft because of his injury concerns. He had a good rookie season and then missed the entire season this year. You think labeling him as injury prone is pretentious, even though that's the only reason he fell until late in the third round?

I like Tony, and hope he can stay healthy... but even if healthy he's probably not one of the top TE's in his draft class. Jimmy Graham's having a breakout season. Gronkowski's a monster that will probably get 1,000 yards receiving or close to it. Hernandez might top 700 yards as well. Gresham has similar injury concerns to Tony, and probably similar production this season.

Graham, Gronkowski and Hernandez have Tom Brady and Drew Brees along with a high powered offense. Moeaki has Matt Cassel. Huge difference.
And yes he fell late in the 3rd due to injuries, but I don't think he should be labeled injury prone anymore than a player like Dumervil.

I'd be shocked if he was ever a pro bowler (unless he's the second or third replacement or something).

I think he'll make the pro bowl eventually. If (yes I know if is a big word here) he stays healthy, there's no reason to think he couldn't get 800 yards and 6 TD's in the future after what he did his rookie season.

And JD Walton was the 2nd ranked C in the same draft. Still fell to the third round. He's had some good games as well, but don't think I can say he's expected to be a pro bowler or anything.

And KC's running game has done a lot better the last two games. Wasn't nearly as much praise for Asamoah before that. He deserves credit, but claiming he's a pro bowl talent from essentially two games--against probably two of the worst ten teams in football.. well, no one outside of KC is making those claims.

Walton has struggled so far throughout his career, save last Sunday. Asamoah hasn't struggled. He looks like a veteran out there. And it's not like he's played bad DL's either. Suh did nothing against Asamoah in Detroit. Nothing. Asamoah completely shut him down which was very impressive. That's when people started taking notice of Asamoah.

McCluster was widely seen as terrible prior to the last couple games. He was a fumbling machine.

I agree but he hasn't been terrible.

But you could say the same with Cassel. Some people claim that Haley hates Cassel, and others say that he likes working with him. We don't really know for sure if Cassel was a Pioli guy but it was highly expected. You can say it just doesn't fit the Patriots m.o. to take a Safety in the top 5. Same with a OT.

Haley screaming at Cassel for making terrible decisions is pretty telling. He screamed at DJ and Bowe his first year. Notice he doesn't do that anymore...because they don't make stupid plays.

No, they're not the only team. But other then NE very few teams are as secretive about what seem to be minute details. I think the fact that he answered at all shows that Haley was on the hot seat. Maybe not with a loss at Indy, but he was and is still someone that can be fired if KC takes a few more losses in a row.

Nobody really knows except Haley and Pioli so it's useless trying to find out.

Yeah, but Cassel got you back in the game too. And the offensive game plan was so bland and conservative, I dunno how any fan could blame Cassel. The interception was bad but they were behind the whole game. It wasn't the only reason they lost.

I don't think it's all on the QB. He's a problem in those games, but he's not the only one.

No it's not all on the QB, but it's evident that QB was the biggest problem. Put a franchise QB in Cassel's position and he at least gets us a FG attempt to tie the game.

baja
10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
What happened with the McJoshie to KC rumor? That would be the only thing better than a Haley extension.

I really do not want McD in the division.

Rolandftw
10-14-2011, 09:51 PM
Graham, Gronkowski and Hernandez have Tom Brady and Drew Brees along with a high powered offense. Moeaki has Matt Cassel. Huge difference.

So, you think voters are actually going to give the nod to Tony because Brady and Brees are throwing the ball to the other TE's? Gresham has Dalton throwing the ball to him. Don't think he's going to get the benefit of the doubt so dunno why Tony would.

And yes he fell late in the 3rd due to injuries, but I don't think he should be labeled injury prone anymore than a player like Dumervil.

That's like saying, I don't think Bob Sanders should be considered more injury prone then Eric Berry.

I think he'll make the pro bowl eventually. If (yes I know if is a big word here) he stays healthy, there's no reason to think he couldn't get 800 yards and 6 TD's in the future after what he did his rookie season.

You can list 5 TE's in the last draft where the same thing is true. And other then Gresham, none have the injury history that he has. And that's just one draft class. Not saying he can't be a pro bowl player, but no one is really expecting him to be a regular to Hawaii or anything. Other then Chief fans, and Tony's mom... maybe.

Walton has struggled so far throughout his career, save last Sunday. Asamoah hasn't struggled. He looks like a veteran out there. And it's not like he's played bad DL's either. Suh did nothing against Asamoah in Detroit. Nothing. Asamoah completely shut him down which was very impressive. That's when people started taking notice of Asamoah.

Asamoah has a worse pass blocking rating this season then Walton according to PFS (Walton at 92, and Asamoah 90.8). Walton had a terrible week 1, but other then that he's been just slightly worse then Asamoah on the run. I don't think either are Pro Bowl bound players. Both are improving each week it seems.

You can compare both of our right guards and they are similar:

Asamoah is 0.6 points better against the run and 1.6 points better against the pass.

Vasquez is better then both of them tho. But you can't really make a fair comparison only five games into the season.

KC's strength of schedule is 14-11. Denver's is 18-7.

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 10:52 PM

Umm...do you even know the things that Tebow is struggling with in these early stages of his career? Hint: it isn't throwing downfield. Hilarious!

Guess I'll file you under not paying attention and simply stupid...

KCStud
10-15-2011, 01:37 AM
Umm...do you even know the things that Tebow is struggling with in these early stages of his career? Hint: it isn't throwing downfield. Hilarious!

Guess I'll file you under not paying attention and simply stupid...

Tebow can't throw downfield with consistency and everybody knows it. He was the 3rd QB on the depth chart for a reason.
Do the entire AFC West a favor and keep fantastic "I went to a SB" Fox and Tim Teblow because you guys are going to have it bad.

KCStud
10-15-2011, 01:43 AM
If I need to explain it to a KC fan, there's probably no point. Let's put it this way: pretty much every fan of your rival teams will be happy to see Haley stay in KC for a long time...

Still waiting on a legit reason why he's a bad coach. Surely you can name one reason?

10-15-2011, 02:47 AM
lol @ anyone defending McCluster.

He has done one thing well this year - run draw plays.

campocorto
10-15-2011, 03:03 AM
Still waiting on a legit reason why he's a bad coach. Surely you can name one reason?

16-21, .432

CEH
10-15-2011, 07:20 AM

KC fan is a wishy washy fan with opinions that blow with the wind. In the preseason he fough tooth and nail about how his team as an ascending team and this board told him his team was not that good and beat up on weaklings and blew when it came to playing real teams. Complete 180 he now agress with the board's assessment. I think he'll change his tune as well on Haley as soon as he's fired and he will be fired at seasons end.

DaFace
10-15-2011, 08:27 AM

Interesting factoid: no coach has ever won the Super Bowl with two different teams. Of course, Fox didn't win, so he's got that going for him I guess.

bowtown
10-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Interesting factoid: no coach has ever won the Super Bowl with two different teams. Of course, Fox didn't win, so he's got that going for him I guess.

Yes, I guess he does, considering 5 coaches have been to the Superbowl with two different teams.

KCStud
10-15-2011, 08:16 PM
16-21, .432

Hilarious!

Haley had 12 losses with Herms mess his first year and got 10 wins with a slightly better team.
Clearly that makes him a bad coach.

10-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Hilarious!

Haley had 12 losses with Herms mess his first year and got 10 wins with a slightly better team.
Clearly that makes him a bad coach.

In 37 games he has beaten one team with a winning record.

bowtown
10-15-2011, 08:52 PM
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/045/b/a/GIRL_FIGHT_2_by_YoshimiKurosaki.jpg

KCStud
10-15-2011, 11:22 PM
In 37 games he has beaten one team with a winning record.

You forgot the Steelers. That's 2.
Yo didn't you know Pioli's QB is at the helm, not Haley's. You forget that?

maven
10-16-2011, 12:07 AM

Yes, I guess he does, considering 5 coaches have been to the Superbowl with two different teams.

I have thought it was an interesting fact that no head coach has won super bowls with two teams.

I do think it's very impressive if a coach can take two different teams to super bowls.

But, at the end of the day. It really is about winning the trophy. Must suck to be a Charger fan.

10-16-2011, 08:38 AM
You forgot the Steelers. That's 2.
Yo didn't you know Pioli's QB is at the helm, not Haley's. You forget that?

No, the Steelers are the only team.

Unless you count 8-8 teams.

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 08:43 AM

One reason: he can only beat bad teams.

KCStud
10-16-2011, 03:09 PM
No, the Steelers are the only team.

Unless you count 8-8 teams.

SD was 9-7 last year and we beat them in week 1.

10-16-2011, 07:45 PM
SD was 9-7 last year and we beat them in week 1.

OK, I guess it's two.

Woo hoo.