PDA

View Full Version : Orton

HooptyHoops
10-13-2011, 05:23 PM
So, a friend of mine just talked to Orton's sister today. Kyle met with EFX and said his only request was for them NOT to trade him, as he just had a baby 3 months ago. He said he would help develop Tebow. He is/was frustrated by the play calling, as he thinks that was also a reason that they didn't put up points.
Kyle says he is debating if he should just accept a back-up role on a contender next year, or really shoot to start again, although, he knows that if he is the starter, the team he would be on, won't be that good.
Just thought I would pass on some info....

RunSilentRunDeep
10-13-2011, 05:26 PM
Get to the important stuff. Was the sister hot or did she have a neckbeard?

Jay3
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Is the baby circumcised yet?

Jay3
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
, he knows that if he is the starter, the team he would be on, won't be that good.

He is correct about this.

Anikai
10-13-2011, 05:29 PM
link to conversation please.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 05:31 PM
He is/was frustrated by the play calling, as he thinks that was also a reason that they didn't put up points.

As unsubstantiated rumor, I'm not going to go too far with this, but if the guy honestly thinks that he is certifiably insane. At no point in his career has "put up points". It's not the play calling Kyle...

Powderaddict
10-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I can empathize with not wanting to move with a 3 month old. That said, he makes plenty to take the family with him, if a good offer comes in take it.

He'd go a long ways in repairing his rep in Denver if he is a good team mate and mentor to Tebow though. I think he could be very good in that role if he chooses to take it.

Jay3
10-13-2011, 05:36 PM
A 3 month old is easy to move. It's like moving a sack of towels.

School-age children are the ones that are hard to move.

Powderaddict
10-13-2011, 05:38 PM

Yup.

Although if Mom has a good support system nearby that could be hard to leave behind.

bowtown
10-13-2011, 05:41 PM
I'd be okay with us paying Orton a couple mil next year to be our backup, especially if he was totally on board with helping Tebow (or some other rookie) and not working against him.

Bronx33
How exactly would orton help to develop tebow?

KO5K
Can understand him not wanting to move, a 3 month old baby has to be stressful enough as it is and I know he's on record saying how much he loves Denver.

Seems he already knows he won't be in Denver next year and I don't see why he would particuarly care about helping people on our team. To be honest, you might as well cut it, he's a FA so you're not going to get a deal for him and it would avoid an awkward atmosphere in the locker room.

bowtown
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Understanding the QB position and being a good QB are two completely different things: see most OCs and many HCs in the league.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 05:44 PM

A good question. Even the things he's supposed to be good at (like making correct reads and managing games), he's not very good at.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 05:47 PM
I wonder how many times he has screwed up a handoff with his wife

colorado jones
10-13-2011, 05:50 PM
Get to the important stuff. Was the sister hot or did she have a lower neckbeard?

Fixed it for you....

ghwk
10-13-2011, 06:21 PM
First kid is a HUGE transition that even 8 mil doesn't change. I could understand the wife especially not wanting to move.

KipCorrington25
10-13-2011, 06:22 PM

Showing him what not to do. :thanku:!Booya!

HooptyHoops
10-13-2011, 06:58 PM
Get to the important stuff. Was the sister hot or did she have a neckbeard?

No, but very unattractive.....

HooptyHoops
10-13-2011, 06:59 PM
Yup.

Although if Mom has a good support system nearby that could be hard to leave behind.

Yes, Orton played his high school ball, here, in Des Moines, IA, but they have a lot of family in Colorado.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 07:07 PM

He shows Tebow and then Tebow does the complete opposite?

Hoopty Hoops, I don't care about his sister. Just tell us when you are going to Nashville and pass on some important questions we have for Cutler.

Jay3
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM
I saw the baby and then the baby looked at me.

HooptyHoops
10-13-2011, 07:09 PM

Hoopty Hoops, I don't care about his sister. Just tell us when you are going to Nashville and pass on some important questions we have for Cutler.

No kidding!

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
I buy it (srs)

McDman
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
A good question. Even the things he's supposed to be good at (like making correct reads and managing games), he's not very good at.

Again, just because he isn't great doesn't mean he wouldn't make a good coach.

Pony Boy
10-13-2011, 07:31 PM
This how you handle this, you call Orton into the office and tell him, Kyle you have been traded to team x effective immediately and that he is no longer an employee of the Denver Bronco’s and not allowed on the team property. Shake his hand and give him the name and phone number of the person in charge of making his exit plans.

Rigs11
10-13-2011, 07:42 PM
Wow,even though the guy was demoted and you got tebow starting,you still bring on the hate.sorry bunch of fans

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 07:54 PM

It's a woman with a 3 month old that's hard to move.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 07:55 PM
hmmm... not sure I understand why Orton would want to stay in Denver... if I was him I'd tell wifey to deal with a move. Seriously, she can't move a baby with $9m? KO is pathetic if he's letting his wife dictate his short career.

point being he's never expressed a desire to help Tebow until now, why the sudden change of heart? I'd think he'd want his damn job back...

Jay3
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
This how you handle this, you call Orton into the office and tell him, Kyle you have been traded to team x effective immediately and that he is no longer an employee of the Denver Bronco’s and not allowed on the team property. Shake his hand and give him the name and phone number of the person in charge of making his exit plans.

"And get this baby off my desk, now!"

Boobs McGee
10-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Wow,even though the guy was demoted and you got tebow starting,you still bring on the hate.sorry bunch of fans

This. Some of you people are a ****ing joke.

Chris
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM

"That's it? It's that simple?"

"It's that simple"

"Ok"

"Ok"

Archer81
10-13-2011, 08:31 PM

Who knew that a QB getting just 4 wins in two years would face scathing fan critiques.

:Broncos:

chanesaw
10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
I hope Kyle gets a nice contract and lots of playing time with his new team next year, so that we at least get a 3rd round comp pick for him, but even if that doesn't happen I wish him the best.

Taco John
10-13-2011, 08:45 PM
I personally would love to keep Kyle around if he's willing to accept a back-up role. If I were Kyle Orton, I'd take a serious consideration towards applying myself towards being a coach - starting with QB coach now as a back-up, and eventually position myself into being an offensive coordinator. But I have no idea where his head is where life after football is concerned. I don't think he's got any shot at being the next Tom Brady/Kurt Warner and come from out of nowhere to be the unlikely superstar. Sorry Kyle, everything that comes to you in life will come through hard, hard work - the way it always has.

Popps
10-13-2011, 08:53 PM
hmmm... not sure I understand why Orton would want to stay in Denver... if I was him I'd tell wifey to deal with a move. Seriously, she can't move a baby with $9m? KO is pathetic if he's letting his wife dictate his short career.

No offense intended to the OP, I have no idea who that is. But, I'd say you have to take anything posted like this on a message board with a major grain of salt.

I'd imagine Kyle would be juuuuuust fine with getting out of Denver.

Like you said, if you were him... you couldn't get out fast enough.

I will say, if this IS true... and he's putting his family above his own feelings to that extent... more power to him. He's a bigger man than most. He seems to be well-liked by coaches and teammates, so maybe he's just that kind of guy.

rbackfactory80
10-13-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm fine with him as a back-up here as long as too much damage wasn't done.

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
No offense intended to the OP, I have no idea who that is.
You have no idea who the OP is despite it being clearly listed? Look at the first post, that will give you a clue.

But, I'd say you have to take anything posted like this on a message board with a major grain of salt.
If you don't take EVERYTHING posted on a message board with a major grain of salt, you're losing your grip on reality.

Taco John
10-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Who the hell wants to move with a 3 month old in the family? Millions of dollars doesn't make moving your breast-feeding wife and newborn infant any more desirable.

Popps
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
You have no idea who the OP is despite it being clearly listed? Look at the first post, that will give you a clue.

"HooptyHoops"

Might as well be Farty McGee.

I have no idea who that is.

Sorry.

If you don't take EVERYTHING posted on a message board with a major grain of salt, you're losing your grip on reality.

Yea, that's basically what I said... only you added more capital letters.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
I personally would love to keep Kyle around if he's willing to accept a back-up role. If I were Kyle Orton, I'd take a serious consideration towards applying myself towards being a coach - starting with QB coach now as a back-up, and eventually position myself into being an offensive coordinator. But I have no idea where his head is where life after football is concerned. I don't think he's got any shot at being the next Tom Brady/Kurt Warner and come from out of nowhere to be the unlikely superstar. Sorry Kyle, everything that comes to you in life will come through hard, hard work - the way it always has.

he want's to go into politics bro. Seriously, you don't remember this?

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Millions of dollars doesn't make moving your breast-feeding wife and newborn infant any more desirable.
Perhaps not, but it should make you more desirable to your breast feeding wife.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:03 PM
Who the hell wants to move with a 3 month old in the family? Millions of dollars doesn't make moving your breast-feeding wife and newborn infant any more desirable.

but it sure makes it a whole lot easier...

Rigs11
10-13-2011, 09:04 PM
Who knew that a QB getting just 4 wins in two years would face scathing fan critiques.

I'm just surprised that the ****ty d last year gets a pass,or the crappy run game,or the bad drafting,Etc

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm just surprised that the ****ty d last year gets a pass,or the crappy run game,or the bad drafting,Etc

Orton had his chance to shine. No one thought he should lead the Broncos to the playoffs but 4 wins? The Broncos were in some close games and he could never elevate his play. He could have secured his position as a ligit starting QB (in the NFL) with the Broncos and he just couldn't do it.

Taco John
10-13-2011, 09:10 PM
Perhaps not, but it should make you more desirable to your breast feeding wife.

Breast feeding wives don't care about anything except when they get to sleep next, when they have to feed next, and hopefully get a shower and maybe a meal in somewhere along the way. "Oh you lost your starting job, that's nice honey. I've got to feed the baby now, can you do me a favor and wake me up if I pass out? Thanks dear."

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 09:11 PM

For the love of god, please shut up with this kind of crap.

Archer81
10-13-2011, 09:14 PM

QB's get the credit for wins and the blame for losses. This is not news for anyone who pays any kind of attention. It's also not news that Orton lacks the physical ability to overcome bad play from other segments of the team and pull out wins anyway.

lostknight
10-13-2011, 09:26 PM
I think Kyle could be a very good mentor if that's the role he wants to be in. Enuff said.

houghtam
10-13-2011, 10:09 PM
Breast feeding wives don't care about anything except when they get to sleep next, when they have to feed next, and hopefully get a shower and maybe a meal in somewhere along the way. "Oh you lost your starting job, that's nice honey. I've got to feed the baby now, can you do me a favor and wake me up if I pass out? Thanks dear."

I'm assuming most of the people saying "why can't he move for $9 million?" either don't have kids, or lived back in the days of wet nurses.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:30 PM
I think Kyle could be a very good mentor if that's the role he wants to be in. Enuff said.

I do not think he's ready for that right now, and I don't blame him.

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2011, 10:32 PM
So, a friend of mine just talked to Orton's sister today. Kyle met with EFX and said his only request was for them NOT to trade him, as he just had a baby 3 months ago. He said he would help develop Tebow. He is/was frustrated by the play calling, as he thinks that was also a reason that they didn't put up points.
Kyle says he is debating if he should just accept a back-up role on a contender next year, or really shoot to start again, although, he knows that if he is the starter, the team he would be on, won't be that good.

Honestly...this makes complete and total sense.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Honestly...this makes complete and total sense.

Kyle Orton doesn't have a sister.

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 10:50 PM
Don't buy it. Orton spends literally no time in Denver during the offseason and heads back to Indiana almost immediately when the season ends. It's not hard to move a baby especially when you don't really live in Denver.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:56 PM

Might as well quote the original post. He doesn't have a sister.

TheDave
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM

and were done here...

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 10:57 PM

Not a single ****ing person has ever said that. Sweet lord Orton fans are psychotic...

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 10:58 PM

Does he have a sister in law? Same thing maybe.

maven
10-13-2011, 11:05 PM
Does he have a sister in law? Same thing maybe.

You ever call an in law a sister or brother?

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 11:15 PM

take that kind of stuff to the Chiefs board

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2011, 11:36 PM

Oh, that ends that.

OP's story was believable though.

Miss I.
10-14-2011, 12:02 AM

yes I call my brother in law my brother. I've known and loved him as such for 20 years. My actual brothers are selfish asshats so usually I just deny I have the other ones.

As for this, what little I could locate in Google indicates Kyle is an only child, but I didn't exactly fact check this, but again sister in law and sister could be the same here.

As for Kyle, yes I think the fanbase is behaving like a classless bunch of asses. Yes, Kyle is not nor was he ever going to be the Denver Broncos QBOTF. I believe he was a last minute throw in as part of the Cutler package. With McDaniels, he helped improve some of his passer rating stats, etc, but in the end he couldn't improve his completion which is what we need. I do however think he does have things he could mentor Tim on, should that be something people are interested in. Some people are much better at coaching then performing, but the performing gave them insight that others who don't play the position don't have. I wish him the best whatever he decides to do, because Orton is not a bad guy, he's just not the QB we need to get to the Superbowl and win it.

As far as the losses go, yes he made mistakes, we had crappy coaches, crappy Defense, there is plenty of blame to go around, but no he isn't going to be that QB who can bring us from behind or be the super player to overcome the crappy play by the whole team. Doesn't mean we should take a great big crap all over him. He did all he is capable of as a player. Now, Tim is getting a chance to see what he can do and if Kyle has anything he can help him with, whether it's even as basic as learning to take a snap or set his feet or whatever, great. That's what teammates can do for each other.

anyway, I am already late because I was out until 3am and now I have to go to work damnit.

have a good one my OM brothers and sisters and GO BRONCOS!

Powderaddict
10-14-2011, 05:26 AM
I don't think people dislike Orton because of a lack of skill, people dislike home because of what appears to be a lack of heart.

Fans will get behind a loveable loser. But look like you don't care and you will be villified.

alkemical
10-14-2011, 05:32 AM

No way. Whiskey & Ganja food: Best baby sitting tools ever.

TonyR
10-14-2011, 05:32 AM
Understanding the QB position and being a good QB are two completely different things: see most OCs and many HCs in the league.

Yup. Michael Jordan may be the best basketball player ever but he's generally been a terrible NBA team executive. One just doesn't go hand in hand with the other. That being said I have no idea whether or not Orton would be a good tutor for Tebow.

Broncoman13
10-14-2011, 05:38 AM

Actually I think KO would be a very good back up to have. He has a lot of experience and did quite well with pre snap reads and line calls. His issue is he just is not an athlete. If he had half of Tebow's athletic ability he would be a top 10 QB. Make no mistake about it though. He understands the game and how to attack a defense between the 20s. Help Tebow get to the redzone and Tebow has the rest with his knack for scoring in the redzone.

Glad to hear KO is willing to mentor Tebow. Make the most of your situation and be a good teammate. That is exactly what he should do as a team leader, it is taking one for the team and swallowing your pride. Can't be an easy situation but if he is truly willing to help mentor the kid, he gets some bonus points in my book!

TotallyScrewed
10-14-2011, 06:57 AM
Anyone ever heard of a bottle? I won't mention a breast pump...oops.

DeuceOfClub
10-14-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't think people dislike Orton because of a lack of skill, people dislike home because of what appears to be a lack of heart...

People dislike him because the lack of sister. :welcome:

bowtown
10-14-2011, 07:06 AM
I don't think people dislike Orton because of a lack of skill, people dislike home because of what appears to be a lack of heart.

Fans will get behind a loveable loser. But look like you don't care and you will be villified.

I dislike him because of his lack of insulin and chin.

Jay3
10-14-2011, 08:05 AM
Actually I think KO would be a very good back up to have. He has a lot of experience and did quite well with pre snap reads and line calls. His issue is he just is not an athlete. If he had half of Tebow's athletic ability he would be a top 10 QB. Make no mistake about it though. He understands the game and how to attack a defense between the 20s. Help Tebow get to the redzone and Tebow has the rest with his knack for scoring in the redzone.

Glad to hear KO is willing to mentor Tebow. Make the most of your situation and be a good teammate. That is exactly what he should do as a team leader, it is taking one for the team and swallowing your pride. Can't be an easy situation but if he is truly willing to help mentor the kid, he gets some bonus points in my book!

Kyle Orton is the mirror-reverse compliment to Tebow (in a good way). He is everything Tebow is not, and Tebow is everything Orton is not.

If Tebow could learn a little of what Orton is good at (without changing his game to be more like Orton), he could be very good.

I'm essentially referring to the drop-back, decisive read, snap the ball off quickly and accurately to an open receiver. Tebow almost never does that.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
KO: Well Tim, let's get started on this new mentoring thing. If you ever find yourself in the unfortunate position of having the team draft your eventual replacement -- do something petty for revenge against said replacement.

TT: For example?

KO: Well you could invite everyone to Vegas with the publicly noted exception of your replacement.. you know, kind of make a big deal about an offseason team bonding experience with press coverage and whatnot...

TT: But I wouldn't really enjoy a trip to Vegas, because it's pretty much the exact opposite of what my faith has taught me to...

KO: Oh, you were serious about that? Didn't it kind of make you a little mad?

TT: What are you talking about? Besides, wouldn't I be better served trying to just show the organization how wrong they were by just playing better than the possible replacement?

KO: I suppose you could go that route, but there's no real revenge there.

TT: So how would you manage to take it out on the organization?

KO: Seriously, have you not been paying any attention?

55CrushEm
10-14-2011, 09:09 AM

LOL....that was my first thought, as well.

55CrushEm
10-14-2011, 09:11 AM

Hypocrisy is funny..........hypocrisy FTL (for the lulz)

Chris
10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
You know Miss I started out writing this post both agreeing that the fan reaction towards Orton has been juvenile at times but also in full support of the ire directed towards the FO. As I started to list legitimate reasons to dislike Orton I find myself wanting to throw mud at the guy.

Reasons to boo Kyle Orton that don't have much to do with his complete suckness on 3rd down or any down this season:

He couldn't see the limitations of his own talent which created the frustrating appearance of a guy that was simply content with being the starter while the Broncos bus (not yours Meck) was firmly parked in Loserville.
You almost never saw him elevate his game after poor play. At times he took responsibility but it was nothing more than an apology. Other times he was palpably arrogant at the suggestion that his play was one of the reasons fans were pissed off. Now apparently it's the play-calling... keep looking for excuses guy.
There were rumours of his defensiveness and arrogance behind the scenes last year. Supposedly he did nothing to help Tebow and flat out ignored the kid. You could tell he was doing the b**** clap when Tebow was making plays last week. He's clearly a me-first guy.
You can't be that arrogant when you're not that good! You especially can't **** on the fans when you're coming off a 4-12 season.
He regressed this year which tells me that he sat on his ass sucking cow titties in Indiana all offseason. He should have been pushing to get better. Again, another thing that points to a guy resting on his laurels.
His lack of athleticism mixed with his body language did not instill confidence in anyone watching him on Sundays. Somebody get this guy an image coach.
He has really bad hair, looks like an early beatle on horse tranquilizers and as bowtown said, has virtually no chin. You can be an ugly quarterback but you must have a strong chin. This is manliness we're talking about.

So you've got a me first guy that is happy to suck and will apologise until he loses more games and then start to blame others. All of this points to a guy that flat out isn't a leader which isn't exactly what we need right now. As far as fan behaviour goes, they did what they had to do get Tebow in and it worked.

bendog
10-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I wouldn't bag on a guy who gets traded to a team and has two options: play for them or retire; sees the team draft a guy who is seen has his replacement and enjoys rock star status having more to do with personality than exhibited NFL ability; and then chooses to let the new guy sink or swim on his own. McD did hire his own brother to be Tebow's personal coach.

He didn't gripe to the media or the lockerroom. He's a mediocre quarterback. It's not his fault McD traded Lambchop for the guy. He'll be gone next season.

He is really funny to lampoon though. Pocket sloth was awesome. I did a whole offseason lampoon of his and Tebow's "feud" but the Tebowites and McDites here got the vapors.

Gort
10-14-2011, 10:12 AM

i believe the baby is only 6 weeks old. i think a trade during the season poses a number of logistical problems.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_18768783?source=rss

HooptyHoops
10-14-2011, 04:54 PM

Quote? My buddy works with a lady, named Stacy Orton.....I guessed I presumed it was a sister, but she definitely has inside info. Take it with a grain of salt. Sorry, just posting what I heard and thought I would pass it on.

Atwater His Ass
10-14-2011, 05:01 PM
True or not, I'm onboard with the idea that Orton could use this opportunity to start developing himself as a coach if he has any inclination to get into coaching down the road.

Who knows, just because he's a mediocre player doesn't mean he couldn't be a good coach. And he would be great to have as a backup QB anyway.

HooptyHoops
10-14-2011, 05:06 PM
Heck ya, I would love him as a back-up if he can accept that role.

DarkHorse30
10-14-2011, 08:31 PM
Am I supposed to feel sorry for Orton?

How about this, do a search on OM thread titles with "Elway" included - 244

"Orton" - 308

I think KO has occupied entirely too much of my time in the last 2 years, and I'm not going to feel sorry for a guy that isn't (and has never been) ANY fun to watch.

Denver's offense has been it's selling point since '83 - so Denver fans that are stuck with a QB that is barely worth watching for the last 2 years don't really have any more patience left to HOPE that his guy CHANGES into something worth watching. Like the great US of A, let's try something different than the last 2 years of fail.

UberBroncoMan
10-14-2011, 08:34 PM
Kyle Orton

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Orton

Born in Altoona, Iowa

"Kyle Orton attended Southeast Polk High School in Runnells (now Pleasant Hill), Iowa, where he also participated in basketball, tennis, and track and field."

Stacy Orton

http://www.mylife.com/stacyorton

Located in Indianola, Iowa

Went to, Southeast Polk High School — Class of 1998

Stuff matches up with the OP based on this.

HAT
10-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Epic reference, Sir!

:thumbsup:

Hamrob
10-14-2011, 09:38 PM
I have no bad feelings about Orton. I think he is a good QB. I'm happy for him and his wife. I really do hope that he helps Tebow. I'm sure he can use all the help he can get.

I'm excited to watch Tebow play...but, I have no bad feelings about Orton.

LongDongJohnson
10-14-2011, 09:43 PM
QB's get the credit for wins and the blame for losses. This is not news for anyone who pays any kind of attention. It's also not news that Orton lacks the physical ability to overcome bad play from other segments of the team and pull out wins anyway.

so when the broncos lose with tebow he better take all the blame.

Jesterhole
10-14-2011, 10:44 PM
The Vikings would have been the perfect spot for Orton. With Andiran Peterson to carry the offense, Orton would do well in a supporting role.

The Seahawks would have done well to get him too.

bowtown
10-14-2011, 10:51 PM
The Vikings would have been the perfect spot for Orton. With Andiran Peterson to carry the offense, Orton would do well in a supporting role.

The Seahawks would have done well to get him too.

Do you really think Orton is a better QB than the version of McNabb that Minny has right now?

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Do you really think Orton is a better QB than the version of McNabb that Minny has right now?

Man that is a depressing thing for any fanbase to have to debate...

Archer81
10-14-2011, 11:16 PM

He would anyway. Of course I dont think Broncos fans would be so quick to start chanting "Orton" at the end of lost games like last week.

Br0nc0Buster
10-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Orton has clearly regressed from a year ago

He was never a world beater, but he has flat out sucked this year

It appears his time as a starting qb is over, he needs to make plans to live elsewhere because it might be a bit awkward for him to back up Tebow long term

Atwater His Ass
10-14-2011, 11:47 PM

lol? Fans are upset losing with Orton because he's a vet. Should be in his prime, but he cannot get it done.

Losing with Tebow is an entirely different situation. Fans will have much more patience with a young QB learning the ropes and taking his knocks as long as he makes strides in his development.

cabronco
10-15-2011, 12:23 AM
Kyle Orton

Born in Altoona, Iowa

"Kyle Orton attended Southeast Polk High School in Runnells (now Pleasant Hill), Iowa, where he also participated in basketball, tennis, and track and field."

Stacy Orton

I needed a good laugh. Is this real? Kyle participated in track and field ! He had to be holding the stop watch..or a clipboard.

Miss I.
10-15-2011, 01:22 AM
The actual Orton aside, I am going to miss the King Neckbeard tweets....

@KingNeckbeard
Kyle Orton
What the **** is going on?? Ive been blacked out since last Thursday and I wake up to find out I lost my job?? ****ing tequila shots bro..

HAT
10-15-2011, 06:01 AM
The actual Orton aside, I am going to miss the King Neckbeard tweets....

@KingNeckbeard
Kyle Orton
What the **** is going on?? Ive been blacked out since last Thursday and I wake up to find out I lost my job?? ****ing tequila shots bro..

:thumbsup:

NB is my homeboy!

HooptyHoops
10-15-2011, 09:09 AM

It appears his time as a starting qb is over, he needs to make plans to live elsewhere because it might be a bit awkward for him to back up Tebow long term

That is why I found it so weird that he asked EFX NOT to trade him....very odd!

HooptyHoops
10-15-2011, 09:10 AM

That is why I found it so weird that he asked EFX NOT to trade him....very odd!

BroncsCheer
10-15-2011, 10:12 AM
Man that is a depressing thing for any fanbase to have to debate...

It's the bye week - also known as "what the **** else is there to talk about besides the obvious?"

as to the OP's 2nd hand info - it's clearly in the realm of hypothetical, but the hate against the man is irrational. Hate the player on the field, not the man.

you don't know him, period.

oh, and anyone who says that ANYTHING is easy with an infant first child around the house is either talking out his ass, or failed at having an infant around the house.

Smilin Assassin
10-15-2011, 10:29 AM

lol....

You seriously think he won't? Like...there's ANY chance people wouldn't say he's the reason they lost if they do?

Or maybe you think Tebow himself would blame other players?

Seriously, think...then post. It's a great habit to get into.

TonyR
10-15-2011, 10:51 AM
You seriously think he won't? Like...there's ANY chance people wouldn't say he's the reason they lost if they do?

I think he won't. At least not right away. I think by and large most people will give him some time.

R8R H8R
10-15-2011, 11:51 AM
I think he won't. At least not right away. I think by and large most people will give him some time.

Most of his fan base will probably give him some time to develop, like they should for any young QB.
However, it will be the talking heads on ESPN (Hoge, Dilfer, etc.) that will dissect every incomplete pass, every int., and every loss, and put it squarely on Tebow's shoulders.

Why? Because they are so invested in their opinion that Tebow can't play in this league, that they will have to, just to say "I told you so!"

Play2win
10-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Most of his fan base will probably give him some time to develop, like they should for any young QB.
However, it will be the talking heads on ESPN (Hoge, Dilfer, etc.) that will dissect every incomplete pass, every int., and every loss, and put it squarely on Tebow's shoulders.

What about the Bronco's fan base? ;D

TheReverend
10-15-2011, 12:09 PM
Kyle Orton

Born in Altoona, Iowa

Stacy Orton

Mad detective skills

CEH
10-15-2011, 12:32 PM

I agree. $9 MM he's going to get anyways. I'll stay in Denver with my family this year and then decide what to do. Not like a trade to another team 1/4 of the way through the season is going to be advantagous for him.

CEH
10-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Kyle Orton

Born in Altoona, Iowa

Stacy Orton

Only Polk High worth anything is in Chicago where Al Bundy once scored 4 TDs

Bronx33
10-15-2011, 12:41 PM

word

stopgap
10-15-2011, 12:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_BJ7-_-omnU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CEH
10-15-2011, 12:48 PM

Yes he does probably more than one. Stacy is his older sister

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2005-09-01/sports/0509010182_1_labor-commissioner-working-class-talk

UberBroncoMan
10-15-2011, 12:53 PM

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2005-09-01/sports/0509010182_1_labor-commissioner-working-class-talk

Appears to be so. Ages match up too.

Cool to get some exclusive insider news here. Thanks to the OP.

Cito Pelon
10-15-2011, 01:16 PM

True.

R8R H8R
10-15-2011, 01:21 PM
What about the Bronco's fan base? ;D

I think that a majority of the Broncos fan base will support Tebow and cut him a break when he makes mistakes as a young QB, like they should.

However, there is a portion of the broncos fan base that despises him and will take the route of Hoge and Dilfer, for much the same reasons, they are invested in his failure.

But I suspect his haters in the broncos fan base are a minority.

TheReverend
10-15-2011, 01:28 PM

Well done all around fellas :)

Agamemnon
10-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Appears to be so. Ages match up too.

Cool to get some exclusive insider news here. Thanks to the OP.

So does that mean Orton really does think the play calling has been keeping him down? Hilarious!

MagicHef
10-15-2011, 02:06 PM

Yes, also he would be a much better mentor/eventual backup to Ponder as well. I can see why Minnesota would be interested in him.

MagicHef
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM
So does that mean Orton really does think the play calling has been keeping him down? Hilarious!

If McDaniels' schemes were the reason he looked decent the past two years, isn't it logical that the lack of said schemes are a major reason he looks bad this year?

Agamemnon
10-15-2011, 02:11 PM
If McDaniels' schemes were the reason he looked decent the past two years, isn't it logical that the lack of said schemes are a major reason he looks bad this year?

No it's not. It's an excuse. And a weak one at that. I mean the guy has actually had something of a run game this year for heavens's sake...

Dedhed
10-15-2011, 02:14 PM
This is moronic.

HooptyHoops
10-15-2011, 02:25 PM
UbreBroncoMan and CEH.....Dang, you guys are on it! Great detective work!

huh??
10-15-2011, 03:07 PM

...in a single game.

Play2win
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM
I think that a majority of the Broncos fan base will support Tebow and cut him a break when he makes mistakes as a young QB, like they should.

However, there is a portion of the broncos fan base that despises him and will take the route of Hoge and Dilfer, for much the same reasons, they are invested in his failure.

But I suspect his haters in the broncos fan base are a minority.

Yeah, I agree. I definitely give him patience, in fact I think it will real fun to watch him develop and get good at the other parts of the game he is not already good at.

That said, if we have a shot at Luck-- Go get 'em!!!

UberBroncoMan
10-15-2011, 03:27 PM

Well...he did put up better numbers with McDaniels calling. So probably? That said, talk about a boat of fail in St. Louis right now. Must suck to go from our WR core to that one.

OrangeSe7en
10-15-2011, 03:34 PM

I think he would show him how to buy extra time and deliver a stiff arm when running in the open field.

Duh.

Cleo McDowell
10-16-2011, 11:41 AM

Why u?

R8R H8R
10-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I agree. I definitely give him patience, in fact I think it will real fun to watch him develop and get good at the other parts of the game he is not already good at.

That said, if we have a shot at Luck-- Go get 'em!!!

While I don't disagree with this statement, the reality is that having a shot @ Luck would probably mean that the Tebow experiment failed miserably. Because if Tebow wins more games than he loses(my expectations), then we will not have a reasonable chance at Luck, imho.

Play2win
10-16-2011, 02:08 PM
While I don't disagree with this statement, the reality is that having a shot @ Luck would probably mean that the Tebow experiment failed miserably. Because if Tebow wins more games than he loses(my expectations), then we will not have a reasonable chance at Luck, imho.

Right. My point is, in a certain way, we are in a WIN-WIN situation. Tebow starts developing and showing real promise, and pulls off a few wins, OR we have a chance at LUCK (for a price).

I'm good with either way. I just want a guy that's fun to watch and pulls off wins behind center.

I think it's going to be fun watching it happen, and I'm going to enjoy it.

HooptyHoops
10-16-2011, 02:15 PM
Right. My point is, in a certain way, we are in a WIN-WIN situation. Tebow starts developing and showing real promise, and pulls off a few wins, OR we have a chance at LUCK (for a price).

I'm good with either way. I just want a guy that's fun to watch and pulls off wins behind center.

I think it's going to be fun watching it happen, and I'm going to enjoy it.

For sure a Win-Win situation....If Tebows fails, then I'm all in on Luck, but, as a Bronco fan, I want Tebow to DOMINATE, as that would give us a franchise QB and being able to draft for our need positions!

schaaf
10-16-2011, 02:17 PM
What the **** was Maven doing??

Play2win
10-16-2011, 02:20 PM
For sure a Win-Win situation....If Tebows fails, then I'm all in on Luck, but, as a Bronco fan, I want Tebow to DOMINATE, as that would give us a franchise QB and being able to draft for our need positions!

I just want our QB position to dominate. I don't mostly don't care who it is, I just want them to be kick-ass.

Get the QB right first, then take care of the rest.

Rolandftw
10-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Don't like making trades to division rivals, but Raiders QB Jason Campbell left the Browns/Raiders game with an apparent injury. If serious, I could imagine Oakland being interested in an improvement over Kyle Boller.

Orton for a 4th rounder would be a great deal for Denver.

Boss Man
10-16-2011, 02:23 PM
*** it maybe shanny will want him now that rex grossman is showing his true colors

Agamemnon
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
*** it maybe shanny will want him now that rex grossman is showing his true colors

Oh yeah, I'm sure he'll want the ultimate anti-Elway. That's what he's been looking for for years now. And that 9 million dollar salary, yeah he'll love that too. Hilarious!

TheReverend
10-17-2011, 05:42 PM
Little piece of the Klis article today:

Other trade news
Rumors circulated Monday afternoon that Orton may be on the trade block to Oakland. But Orton has not requested a trade. With a newborn daughter, he does not want to be traded.Yet ANOTHER piece verifying OP's story.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131036

Thanks again for sharing Hoops.

Bronx33
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
Ya know ortons inability to execute even plays he doesn't like makes me hate him even more.

Cleo McDowell
10-17-2011, 05:44 PM
What the **** was Maven doing??
:welcome:

HooptyHoops
10-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Little piece of the Klis article today:

Yet ANOTHER piece verifying OP's story.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19131036

Thanks again for sharing Hoops.

Thanks Rev!

Dedhed
10-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I just want our QB position to dominate. I don't mostly don't care who it is, I just want them to be kick-ass.

Get the QB right first, then take care of the rest.

This is why I hated playing Orton at all this year. We knew he wasn't that guy. Tim may not be either, but he at least has that potential, and the sooner we find out whether he can deliver, the better.