PDA

View Full Version : How about a new rule?

RunSilentRunDeep
10-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Is it possible when someone has a stupid rumor from the Bleacher Report, Incarcerated Bob, AllsportsINTEL, SBNation, Josina, etc. that they can't stop themselves from sharing, they at least start the thread title with "SS:?"

Example: "SS: Calgary Stampeders in talks to acquire Orton"

The SS stands for "Sh**ty Source."

Just a thought. And I've already thought of the "Sh**ty Thread" retort that's coming my way.

theAPAOps5
10-13-2011, 03:47 PM
****ty thread retort :)

Chris
10-13-2011, 03:48 PM
SS has some more unfortunate connotations.

orinjkrush
10-13-2011, 03:50 PM
how 'bout: UR. Unsubstantiated Rumour

OBF1
10-13-2011, 03:56 PM
how about using the IGNORE feature this site offers???

bombay
10-13-2011, 04:18 PM
How about a thread called 'stuff not important enough to get it's own thread' as a catchall for stuff you would like to put out there but doesn't merit a thread of it's own?

Popps
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Hey, a ****ty source is better than none. There's people on the Lloyd thread now claiming that Lloyd is the one "demanding" the trade. Of course, there's absolutely no proof for this, not even a BAD source.

But, stay tuned... the mouth-breathers will be pushing this as factual information by tomorrow.

Repeat it enough... it becomes "truth."

strafen
10-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Hey, a ****ty source is better than none. There's people on the Lloyd thread now claiming that Lloyd is the one "demanding" the trade. Of course, there's absolutely no proof for this, not even a BAD source.

But, stay tuned... the mouth-breathers will be pushing this as factual information by tomorrow.

Repeat it enough... it becomes "truth." Oh the irony.
Signed
-The Hillis thread by Popps

RunSilentRunDeep
10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
How about a thread called 'stuff not important enough to get it's own thread' as a catchall for stuff you would like to put out there but doesn't merit a thread of it's own?

I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I just don't enjoy coming onto the site and wasting my time on fake news. The hope was most people around here would be smart enough to identify a news source that has a chance of getting it right. There really aren't that many since league execs and agents both have a vested interest in giving stories to the Adam Schefters of the world.

If you like thinking Brandon Lloyd is about to be traded only to find out some loser is just throwing more spaghetti at the wall, then enjoy.

I prefer to spend my time in the real world.

orange crusher
10-13-2011, 04:54 PM
I didn't see anything about WPI, are they a credible source?

bombay
10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm not trying to hurt your feelings, I just don't enjoy coming onto the site and wasting my time on fake news. The hope was most people around here would be smart enough to identify a news source that has a chance of getting it right. There really aren't that many since league execs and agents both have a vested interest in giving stories to the Adam Schefters of the world.

If you like thinking Brandon Lloyd is about to be traded only to find out some loser is just throwing more spaghetti at the wall, then enjoy.

I prefer to spend my time in the real world.

No problem here. I don't post threads from shaky sources, and very rarely start threads. My suggestion was actually serious. If information is shaky, or something may be worth mentioning but doesn't deserve it's own thread, why not a catchall. To be read at your discretion.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
No problem here. I don't post threads from shaky sources, and very rarely start threads. My suggestion was actually serious. If information is shaky, or something may be worth mentioning but doesn't deserve it's own thread, why not a catchall. To be read at your discretion.

My apologies. I thought you were making a crack with "catchall for stuff you would like to put out there."

Lev Vyvanse
10-13-2011, 05:25 PM
how about using the IGNORE feature this site offers???

There is an IGNORE feature for ****ty sources? Can you please explain how to use this function, because I can't seem to find it.

DenverBrit
10-13-2011, 05:28 PM
LR = Light Rail.

mr007
10-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh the irony.
Signed
LOL

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
How about the Mods just put it in The Butt where it belongs?

I am so glad I dont get BR emails anymore.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm not so sure the title needs the distinction unless some people are that angry about opening the thread and reading a few sentences

Popps
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
LOL

Hey, dial up the Hillis thread. Go to post 1. Read it, then tell me how asking a simple question... backed with some data and circumstantial information equates to someone flat out claiming that Lloyd demanded a trade with ZERO evidence?

The Hillis thread was a simple question... why isn't he playing more? Is there more than meets the eye?

Turns out, 3 coaching staffs have now not consistently used him despite obvious talents, and now he's claiming he sat out an NFL game on the "advice of his agent"... and telling the media about it.

So, at bare minimum, we know he's skull-numbingly stupid... if nothing else.

I simply asked the question, was there more going on than meets the eye. He's now embroiled in yet another controversy in another city. Locker room detractors (Schefter)... sitting out games when he may have been able to play (media) and his coach reducing his role. (Stats.)

So, it was a fair question to ask then... and it's a fair question to ask now. The 10K post circle-jerk by Hillis fan-boys is just the Orange Mane being the Orange Mane. But, the question was fair to ask.

Once again... that gosh darn good ole' boy just can't get that old rock, can he? Old Peyton just wants to show up carrying his lunch pail and do his job... right guys?

Hey, you geniuses Hillis-jacked the thread, not me.

By the way, you guys know he said Cleveland was the city that "gave him his chance in the league," right? Seems to me like it was Mike Shanahan.
But, I guess he forgot about that detail. You guys go on ahead and continue worshiping a Cleveland Brown, though.

oubronco
10-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Oh the irony.
Signed

:spit::spit::spit::spit:

maher_tyler
10-14-2011, 08:47 AM
How about a new warm glass of shut the hell up!

RhymesayersDU
10-14-2011, 10:39 AM
I'm not so sure the title needs the distinction unless some people are that angry about opening the thread and reading a few sentences

Peopke take themselves way too seriously.

Powderaddict
10-14-2011, 10:51 AM
It's a good idea, but I don't see it sticking.

Pretty much every rumor can turn out wrong even from a good source, for example "We are putting Orton on the trading block" - Denver Broncos.

So in other words, I think it would be kind of redundant.