PDA

View Full Version : OrangeMane Podcast - Episode 9 - vs. San Diego

Taco John
10-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Download Episode 9 - Week 5 vs. San Diego (http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ech4o5otu3/111012_orangemanepodcast_09.mp3)
(right click - save as)

http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/ech4o5otu3/111012_orangemanepodcast_09.mp3

Powderaddict
10-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Bout damn time!

Taco John
10-12-2011, 09:44 PM
And if anyone wants to listen to it in their browser:
http://kiwi6.com/file/ech4o5otu3

SoCalBronco
10-12-2011, 09:46 PM
The next two posts are as promised in the podcast (please make sure to listen to the whole thing)....ROFL!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-IKcuRChGuZc/TXxDr8gzBDI/AAAAAAAAB7k/mHy28ERZU3E/DJ+Williams+Turd+Status.jpg

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jLJLyneZGKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm going to have to agree with Rev on this....Guile's theme really does go with everything. Ha!

SoCalBronco
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lBlx1JffMQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2327/160/83/41301680/n41301680_32128007_3475.jpg

vancejohnson82
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
Man, right off the bat with the Orton hate...

I can't listen to this

Taco John
10-12-2011, 10:00 PM

I can't listen to this

I don't hate Orton. I think he'd make a fine back up. He just struggles with having someone breathing down his neck. Happens to lots of guys. Look at Rex Grossman.

How do you talk about the quarterback change without talking about the reason it happened?

vancejohnson82
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I don't hate Orton. I think he'd make a fine back up.

haha....totally kidding....it was just funny that there was a lot of "why don't you guys give him a chance" last week

and then we had this week which gave you guys, Fox, and pretty much even Kyle Orton no choice but to throw in the white towel

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
Thanks

Taco John
10-12-2011, 10:04 PM
haha....totally kidding....it was just funny that there was a lot of "why don't you guys give him a chance" last week

and then we had this week which gave you guys, Fox, and pretty much even Kyle Orton no choice but to throw in the white towel

LOL.

Totally got me! ROFL!

schaaf
10-12-2011, 10:06 PM
LOL.

Totally got me! ROFL!

Vance has been doing that **** all the time lately he's pretty good about being a smartass hahaha

vancejohnson82
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
first podcast I've listened to without skipping around.....really good stuff guys...not done yet, just wanted to give props

The Joker
10-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Kaylore, I think you didn't give enough credit to the O-Line for their performance in the run game.

San Diego don't have a crazy amount of talent on their D-Line, true, but they've been a solid unit this year against the run. McGahee is the first back they've allowed to run for 100 yards.

The line is improving a lot, especially when you consider how terrible we were running the ball last year.

vancejohnson82
10-12-2011, 11:18 PM
wow...listening to SoCal with the DJ trade scenario rundown was pretty awesome

"if Mays gives us the best chance to win by covering these running backs (Bush, Best, McFadden) then I guess its what you have to do"

haha

vancejohnson82
10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
hmmm....Marcus Thomas...I knew he had a good game, but he went HAM?!??!?!

SoCalBronco
10-12-2011, 11:27 PM
There has NEVER been anything better than Tebow talking with Guile's theme in the background.

Ever.

Badass.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
10-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Great show guys! I absolutely truly enjoy listening to these and the various opinions. All of you are very intelligent, and really mix analysis with humor quite well.

And Rev, thanks for the shout out, that was nice surprise. We had a great time watching the game and chatting it up with ya. Definitely have to do that again. :thumbsup:

Dr. Broncenstein
10-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Good stuff guys. Really enjoyed it.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-13-2011, 02:10 AM

I can't listen to this

http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.ImageFileViewer/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files.20/7041.TROAL.jpg_2D00_550x0.jpg

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 04:48 AM
There has NEVER been anything better than Tebow talking with Guile's theme in the background.

Ever.

Badass.

Best call ever by TJ.

Great show guys! I absolutely truly enjoy listening to these and the various opinions. All of you are very intelligent, and really mix analysis with humor quite well.

And Rev, thanks for the shout out, that was nice surprise. We had a great time watching the game and chatting it up with ya. Definitely have to do that again. :thumbsup:

It was a good time and thanks for the invite and glad we were able to make it out. Hopefully we can get out there again soon

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 05:01 AM
IMO, tonight's show was hilarious and amazing, the best so far. I hope people enjoy it as much as I did. The last 2 minutes or so was just perfect, especially the way the show ended.

It really was. Hell, we were even laughing hysterically for 5 minutes straight before the show even started. TJ get that on tape? lol

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 06:14 AM
Yeah this one was a lot of fun for me. I hope it is as fun to listen to as it was to do.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 06:19 AM
Yeah this one was a lot of fun for me. I hope it is as fun to listen to as it was to do.

Almost done relistening and SoCal was just hilarious so it has to be.

"Used pair of shoes" might be my favorite line and on par with his DJ trade rant.

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 07:04 AM
I'm listening now and kicking myself for missing so many things.

This week the Broncos during the BYE practices are doing "training camp-like" practices with brand new install for Tebow and getting the offense to prepare to play with him (the line will need to block longer, the receivers need to keep running their routes longer, etc) The length of plays is going to go up.
I didn't get a chance to talk about Clady, who has been playing better.
The San Diego corners. They have some young, talented corners who are going to be a thorn in our side.
Definitely not enough WHAM! references.

MileHighMagic
10-13-2011, 09:00 AM
You guys do an incredible job with these. I really enjoy them. Thank you all very much!

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 09:08 AM

Ever.

Badass.
I finally finished the whole show and this is without a doubt the best ending ever done.

Now we just need some Wham! on the next one and the heavens will open up.

Ray Finkle
10-13-2011, 09:09 AM
No Finkle shout out....F U ALL!

Chris
10-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Great job everyone, including TheRev. As much as I've called you out for other things here I thought your take on what Tebow opens up for the O was particularly good.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 10:53 AM
Great job everyone, including TheRev. As much as I've called you out for other things here I thought your take on what Tebow opens up for the O was particularly good.

Hopefully for the last time: please don't talk to me.

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 11:11 AM
As for trading Lloyd, here are his stats split between Orton and Tebow games last year:

Tebow: Yards per game: 88, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.7
Orton: Yards per game: 91, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.8

I don't think it matters which QB gets him the ball, he is going to do what he does and in fact he may be able to make more big plays with the additional pressure on the box Tebow forces and the strength of the play fake that Tebow brings.

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm listening now and kicking myself for missing so many things.

This week the Broncos during the BYE practices are doing "training camp-like" practices with brand new install for Tebow and getting the offense to prepare to play with him (the line will need to block longer, the receivers need to keep running their routes longer, etc) The length of plays is going to go up.
I didn't get a chance to talk about Clady, who has been playing better.
The San Diego corners. They have some young, talented corners who are going to be a thorn in our side.
Definitely not enough WHAM! references.

Clady is getting back into the play we saw his rookie year, he is moving his opponent around in the run game and his quickness is really coming back.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Clady is getting back into the play we saw his rookie year, he is moving his opponent around in the run game and his quickness is really coming back.

this doesnt surprise me much....just needed the big guy to get back to 100% again. however, some players arent the same after that injury, so it was nice to see him get that movement back

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 11:17 AM
As for trading Lloyd, here are his stats split between Orton and Tebow games last year:

Tebow: Yards per game: 88, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.7
Orton: Yards per game: 91, TDs per game: 0.7, Receptions per game: 4.8

I don't think it matters which QB gets him the ball, he is going to do what he does and in fact he may be able to make more big plays with the additional pressure on the box Tebow forces and the strength of the play fake that Tebow brings.

good find....don't know why it seems like his play dips when Tebow is in, but it does appear that way to the naked eye.

weird

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
You are going to make me call long distance from Canada to get a podcast next week? This is outrageous!

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 11:46 AM
You are going to make me call long distance from Canada to get a podcast next week? This is outrageous!

The first of many punishments for living in canada

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 11:54 AM
The first of many punishments for living in canada

You clearly never tried to survive the hellish post-apocalyptic wasteland called Canadian winter, this will hardly be my first punishment although it may be the most severe.

vonqkilla
10-13-2011, 12:37 PM
Carter was the only safety as floyd was running a seam corner, he also had to watch the tes. It was stupid to blitz raheem, but oh well.

Popps
10-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I finally finished the whole show and this is without a doubt the best ending ever done.

Nice job, man. I got a chance to catch most of it last night. Still prefer the original crew better, though. Montrose definitely adds and element of neutral, professionalism that I think keeps the whole thing more grounded and less like guys trying to out-do each other... which is where most podcasts go horribly wrong.

But, it stayed in mostly football X's and O's territory... and hence (at least for me) stayed interesting.

I love SoCal, but I think he does have a decidedly anti-Broncos FO stance... which is fine, but if there's no one to take an alternate view (and one does exist) ... that gets to be a little tiresome. That said, his pure football takes are great to listen to.

Oh, and the screen pass to Moreno was an audible at the line by Tebow. Well, I'm 98% sure I heard Tim say that in an interview.

The most disturbing thing about these podcasts is that I find myself agreeing with Taco on a regular basis.

vonqkilla
10-13-2011, 01:48 PM
Nice job, man. I got a chance to catch most of it last night. Still prefer the original crew better, though. Montrose definitely adds and element of neutral, professionalism that I think keeps the whole thing more grounded and less like guys trying to out-do each other... which is where most podcasts go horribly wrong.

But, it stayed in mostly football X's and O's territory... and hence (at least for me) stayed interesting.

I love SoCal, but I think he does have a decidedly anti-Broncos FO stance... which is fine, but if there's no one to take an alternate view (and one does exist) ... that gets to be a little tiresome. That said, his pure football takes are great to listen to.

Oh, and the screening pass to Moreno was an audible at the line by Tebow. Well, I'm 98% sure I heard Tim say that in an interview.

The most disturbing thing about these podcasts is that I find myself agreeing with Taco on a regular basis.
I heard him say the td Run was his audible.

Popps
10-13-2011, 02:01 PM

You know what, you may be right. I stand corrected. I just know it was one of the two big plays, and I think you're correct. So, scratch my prior comment.

Chris
10-13-2011, 02:02 PM

You're clearly even more of a douche than a lot of people think. Against my better judgment I give you a complement and your response couldn't be pettier (the antithesis of being the better man). Some community addition you are.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 02:03 PM

That ^

You know what, you may be right. I stand corrected. I just know it was one of the two big plays, and I think you're correct. So, scratch my prior comment.

I looked at the play close to look for an audible but there's nothing really definitive so I wanted to give credit to McCoy for a perfect play call on the good chance it WAS his play call.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 02:09 PM
You're clearly even more of a douche than a lot of people think. Against my better judgment I give you a complement and your response couldn't be pettier (the antithesis of being the better man). Some community addition you are.

What part of this post gets past you?

You're worthless to me. No big deal, but if you're this sensitive, go cry about it elsewhere please.

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Well the original crew was all there with exception of Montrose, so I'm going to guess you are hoping Montrose gets his own show? :wiggle:

SoCal's thing is going to be the sarcastic, slightly grumpy guy on the show. And that's fine. I think its hilarious and it works (see used pair of shoes). I don't find the staff and front office as inept as the other two, but when it comes to many of those choices, you'll find Montrose agrees with the other two guys more than myself.

:peace:

Chris
10-13-2011, 02:42 PM
What part of this post gets past you?

You're worthless to me. No big deal, but if you're this sensitive, go cry about it elsewhere please.

You're the most sensitive poster on this board.

http://blog.aorafting.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/imgp1213.jpg

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 04:15 PM
You're the most sensitive poster on this board.

[img]http://blog.aorafting.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/imgp1213.jpg[img]

You got me ::)

Let me try AGAIN:

Broncoman13
10-13-2011, 04:37 PM
Great show as usual. Got to listen to it over the last hour of my work day. SoCal had me literally LOL.

Keep up the great work!

montrose
10-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Listening at the gym, I had to stop running during the Kuper talk because I was laughing so hard I thought I'd trip and fall. By the time of SoCal's Joe Mays comment I literally thought I was going to pee my pants. LOL

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 08:04 PM
Listening at the gym, I had to stop running during the Kuper talk because I was laughing so hard I thought I'd trip and fall. By the time of SoCal's Joe Mays comment I literally thought I was going to pee my pants. LOL

SoCal was hilarious.

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm hoping Taco ends the podcast each week with some player quote clip (like the Tebow one) to the Guile theme background or a Wham song background. We can alternate between them. :)

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm hoping Taco ends the podcast each week with some player quote clip (like the Tebow one) to the Guile theme background or a Wham song background. We can alternate between them. :)

"Wake me up before you go-go" to anyone who might be traded

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 08:14 PM
"Wake me up before you go-go" to anyone who might be traded

lol

stopgap
10-14-2011, 09:20 AM
It's pretty nice enjoying the podcast chatter during commutes like previously said.

Try to make a go of a Bye podcast if only shooting the breeze after downing a couple. It's actually entertaining. Don't make me listen to Mike & Mike :(

Dr. Broncenstein
10-14-2011, 09:55 AM
I'd like to point out how well you guys can articulate your opinions on the fly without a bunch of "uh.. uh... you know..." which is pretty much why I could not do something like this. I have to do a bunch of public speaking, and it kills me. Lecturing / teaching small groups is no problem. Put me at a podium or a microphone without a well rehearsed speech and it's stammer time.

Bronco Yoda
10-14-2011, 11:48 AM
Great job by everyone. The show gets more polished every week. TJ is getting to be a professional at this. Thanks for taking the time guys. Much appreciated.

Taco John
10-14-2011, 12:38 PM
It's pretty nice enjoying the podcast chatter during commutes like previously said.

Try to make a go of a Bye podcast if only shooting the breeze after downing a couple. It's actually entertaining. Don't make me listen to Mike & Mike :(

That's in your guys' hands. So far I have 0 sound off calls, so, so far there's a 0% chance of having a podcast next week.

Taco John
10-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Oh! I take it back. I have one call. That's a 10% chance now.

Ray Finkle
10-14-2011, 01:03 PM
Oh! I take it back. I have one call. That's a 10% chance now.

You are all welcome....

broncosteven
10-14-2011, 02:03 PM

I have a CDROM of the Apollo 11 and 13 MOCR loops, Gene is the only thing that could make these podcasts better, listening now, great job guys!

SoCalBronco
10-14-2011, 08:04 PM
You are all welcome....

Dammit....I'm going to have to answer sarcastic questions about Jay, Sid Crosby and the Blue Oyster.

You're a real piece of work, Finkle. :)

Ray Finkle
10-14-2011, 08:07 PM
Dammit....I'm going to have to answer sarcastic questions about Jay, Sid Crosby and the Blue Oyster.

You're a real piece of work, Finkle. :)

I asked the questions that need to be asked!