PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Broncos make Brandon Lloyd available for trade asking for a 2nd rounder in return.

Pages : [1] 2

KevinJames
10-12-2011, 09:48 PM
EDIT: CONFIRMED BY NFL.COM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8231ad87/article/broncos-reportedly-fielding-offers-for-pro-bowl-wr-lloyd?module=HP11_headline_stack

incarceratedbob (http://twitter.com/#%21/incarceratedbob) incarcerated bob

**UPDATED NFL RUMORS**Source: Brandon Lloyd has been made avail from Denver they want a (#2) as of now. Redskins / Titans / Bills interested

Take this rumor with a grain of salt but Bob has been right before on some NFL transactions before anyone else and he is endorsed by Schefter so who knows.

I only post this because I think it makes sense with the youth we have at WR with Decker, Royal, and Bay Bay. With Lloyd being a FA why not grab a 2nd or 3rd rounder and let the kids play?

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Well, for one, Thomas can't stay healthy...

UberBroncoMan
10-12-2011, 09:50 PM
People said I was crazy.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3322440#post3322440

I think Lloyd has turned into an AMAZING WR.

...but we're stacked at the position IF our youth can stay healthy and we intend to resign Royal.

Simple Jake
10-12-2011, 09:51 PM
A team full of kids would be interesting to watch

Punisher
10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
People said I was crazy.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?p=3322440#post3322440

I think Lloyd has turned into an AMAZING WR.

...but we're stacked at the position IF our youth can stay healthy and we intend to resign Royal.

That's cause your a nobody when a person on espn or NFLNet says it then its accepted

TheReverend
10-12-2011, 09:52 PM
LOL at the Redskins being interested again. Completely invalidated rumor right there, imo.

UberBroncoMan
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM
BTW...no Rams? Seriously? LOL

Punisher
10-12-2011, 09:53 PM

This years draft is full with talent I'll send him packing for a 2nd but it's not gonna happen for that

NFLBRONCO
10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Take this rumor with a grain of salt but Bob has been right before on some NFL transactions before anyone else and he is endorsed by Schefter so who knows.

I only post this because I think it makes sense with the youth we have at WR with Decker, Royal, and Bay Bay. With Lloyd being a FA why not grab a 2nd or 3rd rounder and let the kids play?

It makes sense because Lloyd's contract year but, dumb if you expect Royal and DThomas to stay healthy 11 games.

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 09:57 PM
BTW...no Rams? Seriously? LOL

You think they're listening to anything McD has to say at this point? That offense has scored 46 points through four games. Hilarious!

vonqkilla
10-12-2011, 09:58 PM
I think all of this is bs. But im for moving blloyd over dj.

Firesale. Lol

I dont see it.

montrose
10-12-2011, 09:59 PM
Would make a ton of sense, I doubt it happens though with his pending FA.

DENVERDUI55
10-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Sale them all for luck.

Chris
10-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Well seeing as Lloyd isn't putting up big numbers so far this year we may be able to keep him for cheaper than expected.

Powderaddict
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
You think they're listening to anything McD has to say at this point? That offense has scored 46 points through four games. Hilarious!

Part of the problem is they have no WR's. Lloyd would be a great fit there. I just wonder how much they'd be willing to pay for him.

Popps
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
I think all of this is bs. But im for moving blloyd over dj.

Firesale. Lol

I dont see it.

So you'd like to keep the liability and lose the cheap, productive player? How about Tebow... think he could maybe use a wide receiver with a few NFL games on his resume? Might be a touch easier to evaluate him if he's not throwing to 2nd year players and a hodge-podge of injured in-and-outs?

IHaveALight
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Looks to me we're officially stock pilling picks for Luck trade.

KevinJames
10-12-2011, 10:08 PM

If indeed DJ and Lloyd get traded I think you may be onto something

Agamemnon

Until any of these trades actually end up being real, nothing is official, especially not that.

broncosteven
I would love to see this happen, Lloyd has been an ass clown before in Washington and Chicago.

If he is going to hold out for big money next year might as well go with Decker, Willis, Royal, and our new TE's than get stuck in an ugly holdout with a guy who is up there in age.

Other than the comments about backing Orton Lloyd has been a model citizen in Denver, He is electric (that catch with 17 seconds was amazing) but it is really his age and contract state that would make me consider moving him if it were up to me.

I would really like to see us stockpile some picks so we could have a monster draft next year.

broncocalijohn
10-12-2011, 10:11 PM
Would make a ton of sense, I doubt it happens though with his pending FA.

Why? We have Royal just coming back to practice and THomas hasnt seen the field forever. Decker is holding his own and then it drops there. Am I going to see that it is a conspiracy theory for Tebow to have no one to throw to if Lloyd is gonzo.

@ Steven, if he gets the big payday somewhere else, then i am sure we would get a nice compensatory draft pick for him, correct?

Popps
10-12-2011, 10:12 PM
I would love to see this happen, Lloyd has been an ass clown before in Washington and Chicago.

If he is going to hold out for big money next year might as well go with Decker, Willis, Royal, and our new TE's than get stuck in an ugly holdout with a guy who is up there in age.

Willis hasn't shown much.

What about Tebow, no interest in giving him a real NFL WR to work with the rest of this season to aid his development? You can't count on Royal to be out there and Decker is no #1 receiver, as much as I like him.

Tebow already has a hard enough challenge to prove himself with no off-season and only 11 games to play this year. (Most rookies get a couple years and a couple offseasons before they're written off.)

Seems to me like we should keep all the weapons around him we can... that is, if we want to adequately judge what he can do before we have to make a decision on draft day 2012.

vonqkilla
10-12-2011, 10:13 PM
Id be happy for champ if we sent him to new england.

SoCalBronco
10-12-2011, 10:15 PM
Sale them all for luck.

IMO, that may very well be what's going on here. Loading up on ammo in case they finish say 5th instead of 1st in the draft order. Elway was totally smitten (again) at the Stanford game vs. Colorado last saturday.

KevinJames
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
IMO, that may very well be what's going on here. Loading up on ammo in case they finish say 5th instead of 1st in the draft order. Elway was totally smitten (again) at the Stanford game vs. Colorado last saturday.

w/ Tiger Woods too Ha!

vonqkilla
10-12-2011, 10:16 PM
So you'd like to keep the liability and lose the cheap, productive player? How about Tebow... think he could maybe use a wide receiver with a few NFL games on his resume? Might be a touch easier to evaluate him if he's not throwing to 2nd year players and a hodge-podge of injured in-and-outs?

Basically yeah. Dj isnt a liability.

Fontaine!!! Where you at???

My thing is a 2nd for a diva wr going to FA, hell yeah, where do I sign

Archer81
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM

What about Tebow, no interest in giving him a real NFL WR to work with the rest of this season to aid his development? You can't count on Royal to be out there and Decker is no #1 receiver, as much as I like him.

Tebow already has a hard enough challenge to prove himself with no off-season and only 11 games to play this year. (Most rookies get a couple years and a couple offseasons before they're written off.)

Seems to me like we should keep all the weapons around him we can... that is, if we want to adequately judge what he can do before we have to make a decision on draft day 2012.

According to Dilfer, and some posters here, Tebow is actually stunting the development of our WR's and TE's, cuz you know he is just a runner, and all they'd be doing is blocking anyway...

:Broncos:

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Id happy for champ if we sent him to new england.

I was honestly hoping for Champ to sign with a SB winning team, he really deserves and can take a defense over the top with his abilities.

Not sure why he'd want to stay in an organization ran by ducks and chickens.

Lloyd isn't going to be used properly here so he might as well be traded at this point with a contract looming and our young WR corps.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-12-2011, 10:20 PM

That's a good thought... they're probably weighing the options though. Getting a high round pick... and if not just keep him.

Hercules Rockefeller
10-12-2011, 10:22 PM
Thought Bob had been thoroughly debunked as a joke at this point, can't believe people think he's legit because Schefter follows him. Scrabble is a Jet I guess if you believe Bob. Melo was traded to the Knicks about 9 times over 4 months before it actually happened. Alexander Semin is an Islander about 4 times over.

And you're not stockpiling picks for Luck when no one is trading out of the pick except for StL. There isn't a package you could come up with that will make Miami or KC move that pick. If these trades are true, the Broncos are trying to make themselves more ****ty than everyone else.

broncosteven
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM

I have a feeling that with the 1-4 start, and the rumors of trades for DJ and Lloyd that the FO could be looking to do some White Flag type trades to stockpile picks.

We have so many needs to address that the more picks we can get the better, it gives us flexibilty to trade up for Luck if that is the direction or fill out the D.

I keep thinking that Lloyd is going to be pissed that Orton is not the guy anymore but then I remember the play he made at the end of the game.

I figure we may go more run oriented, get Timmy to use his TE's and stretch the field with Decker which makes Lloyd expendable.

I didn't want to see Marshal go for the same type of reasons but with the youth movement and the OM argument that WR's don't win SB's I say move him and use the picks to upgrade the D.

vonqkilla
10-12-2011, 10:26 PM
This guy posting these is a joke, I trust cecil lammey and schefter and terry bradshaw and drunk joe namath and oj and bush more than these rumors on twitter.

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 10:28 PM
This guy posting these is a joke, I trust cecil lammey and schefter and terry bradshaw and drunk joe namath and oj and bush more than these rumors on twitter.

Agreed. Neither of these trade rumors seem very substantial. They're interesting to talk about, but they're clearly long shots to actually become reality.

Rolandftw
10-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I think Tebow and Lloyd actually have decent chemistry out there. Really, other then the RB's he's the only WR Tebow's had success getting the ball to. So, for his development I don't think it's a particularly good idea.

For setting us up for the future, it's a good trade. Lloyd still wants one big contract but he's already 30 and probably doesn't fit for a young rebuilding team that 'in theory' has a couple good young wr's in thomas and decker.

Bigdawg26
10-12-2011, 10:46 PM
There is no way we should trade our best WR!

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 10:46 PM

This WR corps is pretty stacked. Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Thomas, Willis & Cosby. If Lloyd goes I see Willis being his replacement more or less. Couple that with Green, Fells, Thomas and Rosario at TE and there's some good depth.

If the Broncos can get a 2nd for Lloyd??

MacGruder
10-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Trading Lloyd would be a horrible thing to do to Tebow.. TT's biggest strength as a passer is his deep passing.. this is also what sets up his running ability..

Tho if Brandon Lloyd isn't putting in maximum effort because he is pouting or whatever.. then I guess it doesn't matter.

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 11:09 PM
This WR corps is pretty stacked. Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Thomas, Willis & Cosby. If Lloyd goes I see Willis being his replacement more or less. Couple that with Green, Fells, Thomas and Rosario at TE and there's some good depth.

What has Willis done in actual games again? I'm sorry, but minus Lloyd that WR corps doesn't look too grand to me. I mean Thomas and Decker might well reach their potentials and Royal might return to rookie form, but that's a lot of mights.

maven
10-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Lets go Broncos! I am all for this. Trade the vets for picks. Admit it finally and go full blown rebuild mode.

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Lets go Broncos! I am all for this. Trade the vets for picks. Admit it finally and go full blown rebuild mode.

Would've been a much better idea this past offseason than right now if you ask me.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-12-2011, 11:20 PM
This WR corps is pretty stacked. Lloyd, Decker, Royal, Thomas, Willis & Cosby.

You consistently have the worst takes on this board.

maven
10-12-2011, 11:20 PM
Would've been a much better idea this past offseason than right now if you ask me.

That is the past. Do it now.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 11:21 PM
What has Willis done in actual games again? I'm sorry, but minus Lloyd that WR corps doesn't look too grand to me. I mean Thomas and Decker might well reach their potentials and Royal might return to rookie form, but that's a lot of mights.

Willis has looked good at times and if I remember correctly Tebow and Willis connected good in preseason. Yes, I know it was preseason but still, it's something. Also, I think the Broncos TE depth really will help Tebow out. Couple that with a good pass catching RB in Moreno and I think the Broncos can afford to let Lloyd go, especially for a 2nd round pick. JMHO.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 11:22 PM
You consistently have the worst takes on this board.

prove it.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-12-2011, 11:22 PM
If this is part of a master plan to stockpile picks to go after Luck, sign me up.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
prove it.

You just said that our WR core has depth and then proceeded to list Willis and Cosby - who was just signed off the street 2 weeks ago to be return man no less - as evidence. :wave: And I dont mean to lump you in with the other true blue idiots like MacGruder and jhizz. That is a different league.

Thomas is fragile, Royal is invisible and a role player at best. Lloyd is pretty good but over inflated by Orton targeting so heavily

Miss I.
10-12-2011, 11:25 PM
okay, hyperbole aside, not sure right now is the best time to trade Lloyd. I get that it gives us the potential to get some potentially great players in the draft and we do have some other good WRs, but Lloyd is the only one so far who's been consistent (though I do love Decker). But it just seems prudent to see how he can help Tim out before we trade him off. If the two of them gel and it seems they might, wouldn't they be a potent combination so it behooves us to be cautious before trading him? Just a thought.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 11:29 PM
You just said that our WR core has depth and then proceeded to list Willis and Cosby - who was just signed off the street 2 weeks ago to be return man no less - as evidence. :wave:

With Thomas, Decker, Royal and Willis I do see a solid WR corps. Young but if the Broncos are rebuilding and you can get a 2nd for Lloyd, why not?

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
You just said that our WR core has depth and then proceeded to list Willis and Cosby - who was just signed off the street 2 weeks ago to be return man no less - as evidence. :wave:

Thomas is fragile, Royal is invisible and a role player at best. Lloyd is pretty good but over inflated by Orton targeting so heavily

Thomas is fragile but screw it, Lloyd is on the last year of his contract and if you can get a 2nd for him do it.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-12-2011, 11:32 PM
With Thomas, Decker, Royal and Willis I do see a solid WR corps. Young but if the Broncos are rebuilding and you can get a 2nd for Lloyd, why not?

I agree absolutely to trade him. This season is a lost cause but we shouldnt be under any illusions during this point in the rebuild. Buy low and sell high is never a bad strategy. It would be a young group remaining but with too many questions to call it anywhere near solid.

Shananahan
10-12-2011, 11:34 PM
And you're not stockpiling picks for Luck when no one is trading out of the pick except for StL. There isn't a package you could come up with that will make Miami or KC move that pick.
Yeah. I love how everybody keeps acting as though the number one pick is simply available for the right price.

Broncos4tw
10-12-2011, 11:37 PM
That would be a pity imo. He is an exciting player, and some of his grabs has made Orton look much better than he is. He will make it a lot easier on Tebow. Much more forgiving when your receiver can make circus catches. He is fun to watch.

maven
10-12-2011, 11:39 PM
okay, hyperbole aside, not sure right now is the best time to trade Lloyd. I get that it gives us the potential to get some potentially great players in the draft and we do have some other good WRs, but Lloyd is the only one so far who's been consistent (though I do love Decker). But it just seems prudent to see how he can help Tim out before we trade him off. If the two of them gel and it seems they might, wouldn't they be a potent combination so it behooves us to be cautious before trading him? Just a thought.

Team is rebuilding. Might as well do it and get picks for players.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 11:40 PM
That would be a pity imo. He is an exciting player, and some of his grabs has made Orton look much better than he is. He will make it a lot easier on Tebow. Much more forgiving when your receiver can make circus catches. He is fun to watch.

that's a real negative in trading Lloyd, that is, the QB can be pretty inaccurate and Lloyd will make him look good with a circus catch. No doubt Tebow would benefit from Lloyd with Lloyd's ability to turn a bad pass into a big play.

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 01:05 AM
Yeah. I love how everybody keeps acting as though the number one pick is simply available for the right price.

yep esp best qb since Peyton. stl car would trade pick probably but, nobody else.

NUB
10-13-2011, 01:24 AM
I think someone could pull a Mike Ditka and move one of those teams out of the #1 slot. It is that very thing I am really worried about with Elway. As I said elsewhere, if Denver goes "scorched earth" to get Luck... well, Denver will be down in the cellar getting the champagne while the rest of the league locks the door behind us.

Bronco Yoda
10-13-2011, 01:30 AM
Let's trade Doom & Clady while we're at it. Actual players on the field are way way over rated. Certainly not as important as future picks.

I can just hear the broadcast booth now....

Dave: "Tebow takes the snap and is instantly pounced upon" ..."The Broncos new left tackle (#2 + #4 in 2012 draft pick) is just standing there like a stick" It's like a sieve out there."

David: "Well, it IS a stick out there... An actual stick...with a sign nailed to it."

Dave: "You're right, it says (#2 + #4 future draft pick)... The Sieve is a helmet I think"

Dave: "I think they call it a Colander Dave. (#2 + #4 future draft pick) is wearing it as a helmet...but it is leaking like a sieve"

David: "No wonder (#2 + #4 future draft pick) is so leaky."

Dave: "I keep wanting to call our new stick #24 but we already have one of those"

David: "No, not any longer. ... The trade just went though for Champ...it's now official..."the new corner stick (#4 future draft pick) is listed as starting tonight. We'll see how well he sticks in the ground tonight. I've heard the sign has been very visible in practice all week"

Dave: "Hard to believe a 4th is all we got for Champ. I see the new stick is wearing the #4 since the trade went through for Colquitt last week.

Dave: "ok, Tebow has managed to limp back into the shotgun. He's wildly pointing & yelling over to the new stick (future #ham sandwich & Soda ) in the backfield to pick up the blitz....

David: "I don't think it can hear tebow... it's not even looking his way".

Dave: "well it IS a STICK".

Dave: "The snap is high but Tebow manages to get the pass off before getting smacked. ......"It's a DEEP pass down the right sideline for our new starting WR (stick #2 future draft pick)................................" for an in-completion.

David: "that stick has got to try harder than that. He totally short armed that"

Dave: "Well IT is a stick without arms ... but Fox says it gives us the best chance to wign".

David: "Is Tebow really going to punt that ball "

Dave: "Who else is going to. No one is left on the roster..."

Dave: "What a kick! ... Guess we really don't need a punter after all"

David: Listen to that crowd shouting for the Broncos new rushing stick specialist being planting on the line. That's no mere wooden stick but one of those steel mile markers with a reflecting (#1 on it).

Dave: oh boy, the league is going to fine them for that one. Reflecting signs are a clear uniform violation...

Borks147
10-13-2011, 02:09 AM
wtf - while we have a decent WR corps with tons of potential, BLoyd is not over the hill and can be a nice piece moving forward.

Now, if they know they are not going to re-sign him for whatever reason (although they should), then sure, why not, take a 2nd.

*WARHORSE*
10-13-2011, 02:25 AM
I think its a wise decision to move him.

Also a wise decision for the right team to pick him up.

epicSocialism4tw
10-13-2011, 02:27 AM
I think someone could pull a Mike Ditka and move one of those teams out of the #1 slot. It is that very thing I am really worried about with Elway. As I said elsewhere, if Denver goes "scorched earth" to get Luck... well, Denver will be down in the cellar getting the champagne while the rest of the league locks the door behind us.

Denver won't be that team. There are too many holes on the roster for these guys to throw away what is probably their most important offseason to roll the dice on one guy at a position where you are already invested in another player. It would be a pretty serious mistake.

Not every draft works out like this last one. You really have to stockpile as many picks as you can so that you can really add talent. That's what has kept the Patriots competitive for so long while they let go of some of their established players. I'd rather see the Broncos trade back and add another first or second rounder than to blow all of their assets on one guy.

I'd rather see Denver in position to take Luck, and to fleece another team for the pick then to take the player.

I think that the price to get Luck will be considerably higher than it cost to get Ricky Williams. The rookie wage scale has just been re-oriented, and Luck is the biggest prospect to come out since Peyton Manning. This ain't going to be two firsts a third and a fifth. Its going to be a good young player or two, two firsts, two seconds, two thirds, etc. Its going to cost a boat load. A team that trades for Luck is going to have to gamble the mortgage for its future on it. That's what the pick will be worth.

Its more likely that this one ends up looking like the Herschel Walker trade. When the Cowboys traded Herschel Walker to Minny, Dallas used those picks to build their dynasty. It was a masterstroke. That trade earned Dallas Emmit Smith, Russell Maryland, Alvin Harper, Darren Woodson, and Dixon Edwards through the draft plus several players!

I'd much rather be on the Dallas end of that deal.

ol#7
10-13-2011, 03:43 AM
Agree with Epic, price is going to be insane for luck, dont see how a team with so many holes like Denver could justify the move. It would take a decent team having a down year as the only way they could justify making that kind of trade. Not to mention the new rookie wage scale makes him even more valuable.

I dont want to see Lloyd go anywhere, unless they dont think they can resign him of course. Makes no sense if he can just walk.

Archer81
10-13-2011, 04:01 AM
Short of Lloyd trying to undermine the coaching staff or other players, I think the idea of trading him to be fairly dense. Lloyd is a good WR on a team that at one point started our starting QB at WR because of injury.

If he is that big of a flavor clown/diva, dont resign him this offseason.

:Broncos:

Steve Prefontaine
10-13-2011, 05:33 AM

Whatchu talking about Willis?

bowtown
10-13-2011, 05:53 AM
I love Lloyd but I really don't see how anyone thinks this would be a bad move. Lllyd is gone at the end of the season. We aren't going to pay him what he's going to ask for (and probably shouldn't). Let's get something in return now and get the young guys some experience working with Tebow.

Play2win
10-13-2011, 06:00 AM
Id be happy for champ if we sent him to new england.

**** off!!! Twice!!! 4321~

DarkHorse
10-13-2011, 06:18 AM
I can't believe some of you think we have a strong WR corp - when you look at the roster all you see are names, no actual production or very little production aside from Lloyd.

Decker seems to be a quality WR but beyond him? Royal hasn't done anything since his rookie year. Cosby - who? Willis - training camp hero. Thomas - Greeks #1 pupil.

What are those 4 guys combined stats the past 2 years? I'd bet combined they don't put up the numbers of some teams #2 receiver.

Depth at the position - ROFL!

eddie mac
10-13-2011, 06:22 AM
How on earth can you call a unit stacked that has 50% of available players on the ****ing sidelines and those same players have been spending time on the treatment table basically since the day they were drafted. WR is okay with Lloyd in there and ****ing terrible without him regardless of whether Royal or Thomas can show their mugs for a game or 2.

alkemical
10-13-2011, 06:29 AM
Sale them all for luck.

You trade him if you are going to Suck for Luck & commit totally to the rebuild..

alkemical
10-13-2011, 06:43 AM
This isn't about just getting picks to "move up" to get Luck: this involves removing actual productive talent from the roster, making it even harder for the team to compete. This team has only won one game. If say Lloyd & Champ were traded, how many games do you think this team would win?

WolfpackGuy
10-13-2011, 06:45 AM
2nd rounder?

In which league?

This would clearly be a gathering ammo for Luck move.

HILife
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Rather keep Lloyd

strafen
10-13-2011, 07:03 AM
Yeah. I love how everybody keeps acting as though the number one pick is simply available for the right price.I agree. Whoever lands the number one pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, is who is going to take Luck whether they need him or not. However, any team bad enough to pick first, most likely needs an elite QB

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 07:07 AM
I'd prefer to keep Lloyd, but he is 31, and if they have no plans to resign him & can get a 2nd, I'd be cool with it. Obviously, we'd have to cross our fingers that DeMaryius can stay healthy. If he can, I doubt we'll miss Lloyd too much. But that's a big if at this point.

cmhargrove
10-13-2011, 07:08 AM
I really like what Lloyd brings to this team. His comments for Orton were just a guy fighting for his buddy, they weren't anything against his team (or Tebow). He has also shown great chemistry with Tebow, and probably likes the fact that Tebow will extend plays and give Lloyd the chance for more big, downfield catches.

Don't trade him, sign him to a five year backloaded deal. He probably has at least three productive years left, then you can cut him when his salary isn't worth it anymore. Right now, he helps Tebow look good and brings a swagger to the offense because he makes catches that other receivers just can't physically make.

Seriously, he may not be the fastest, or the most gifted, but the guy truly has one of the best sets of hands in the league. If for nothing else than the Rod Smith posession role (later in his career), he is worth having on our team. Sign him to his big deal, then cut him when he no longer lives up to that deal.

Otherwise, pay the man if he is earning his pay - which he is...

oubronco
10-13-2011, 07:16 AM
Yea let's trade away the only playmaking WR we got!

Sounds like a real good plan

Who's going to catch all Tebows wild ass throws?

DrFate
10-13-2011, 07:19 AM
And you're not stockpiling picks for Luck when no one is trading out of the pick except for StL. There isn't a package you could come up with that will make Miami or KC move that pick.

Herc,
Does KC take any $$$ hit if they cut Cassel loose? I know that contract was a big one, but I don't know how it plays out now. The more interesting question is - what happens if Indy ends up with the #1 pick. Do they take Luck? Does Manning retire? Can you take Luck if Manning says 'I'm healthy and want to play out this new shiny contract'?

As for Lloyd - moving him now is a great idea unless you plan on giving him the big new contract he's going to demand once the season is over. Is that going to happen?

fontaine
10-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Why the hell would a team send a 2nd round pick just to trade for a WR that's going to be a free agent anyway in the offseason?

Any team that's serious about trading for Lloyd would have to have the kind of money that he's going to want, in which case they could easily wait a few months and go at him when he's a FA, and even if they don't get him they can still spend that 2nd in the draft for a WR, or use that 2nd to trade for a younger WR still under contract.

1. The only way Lloyd is traded is if some team with genuine SB chances loses one or more of their starting WRs and are desperate for help now, in which case they'll probably trade that 2nd for a younger more "established" WR who isn't a FA in the offseason.

2. The only way Lloyd stays and resigns in Denver is if Thomas/Decker have completely awful seasons in which case we've got nothing at WR for 2012 except Lloyd. That would suck.

3. The BEST case scenario for Denver is that we don't need to resign an aging WR because Thomas/Decker step up, and Lloyd moves on to another team and gets a good deal and has a solid season in which case we get a 5th/4th round comp pick in 2012.

Trading Lloyd for a 2nd simply is not going to happen.

rbackfactory80
10-13-2011, 07:33 AM
No question Indy takes Luck. They would have almost a quarter century of QB domination. Manning is questionable at best right now, and even if Luck has to sit 2 years it is worth the pick.

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 07:46 AM
Why the hell would a team send a 2nd round pick just to trade for a WR that's going to be a free agent anyway in the offseason?

1) No team would trade that kind of compensation without having first agreed to an extension with Lloyd.

2) Any interested team that elects to wait to pursue Lloyd in FA won't be bidding for him in a vacuum. They could be outbid. Making a trade guarantees his services.

All that said, I highly doubt a trade happens.

GreatBronco16
10-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Yeah, we are sooooo stacked at the WR spot, that Tebow had to play as an emergency WR one game already this season. With that, yeah I can see why the FO thinks it would be a great idea to trade our best WR for a draft pick. /rolleyes

DrFate
10-13-2011, 08:17 AM
No question Indy takes Luck. They would have almost a quarter century of QB domination. Manning is questionable at best right now, and even if Luck has to sit 2 years it is worth the pick.

I'm not so sure - if Manning goes to the owner with a doctors note saying he's 100%, and just signed the mega-deal - do they still take Luck?

What happens to Manning? Can you trade that contract? I don't think you can cut him...

DrFate
10-13-2011, 08:19 AM
I have no idea why there are so many people rolling their eyes at this idea.

Team is 1-4.
Lloyd isn't under contract after this season.
I haven't seen/heard any movement on giving him a long-term deal.

A pick is a pick for a team in full rebuild - what is the downside?

BroncoBen
10-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Its simple.. Trading Lloyd means the Broncos get something for him (draft pick or picks) otherwise pay him the big $money next season or lose him to free agency.

And Lloyd has always been out spoken about Orton, who knows what he is saying in the locker room with this Tebow move, maybe its causing locker room drama.

The Broncos should also trade DJ Williams, he was a team captain last season who hasn't lived up to expectations, get something for him as well.

If the Broncos are going to re-build thru the draft, then they need to go out and get draft picks if the opportunity presets.

~Crash~
10-13-2011, 08:24 AM

:thanku::wiggle::welcome::notworthy

baja
10-13-2011, 08:32 AM

I think the problem with Tebow is he just doesn't look like a quarterback. That is the bigest reason he is getting all the negative press from the inside the box thinkers.

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 08:37 AM
I've expressed concerns over giving Lloyd a new deal, so I wouldn't mind if he were traded.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-13-2011, 08:44 AM
I'd trust our Bob on a rumor before this one. He throws crap against the wall and it rarely sticks. For every 1 thing he gets right, there are 10-12 more he totally botches. Would it surprise me if this happened? Not one bit. But I don't believe incarceratedbob has any insight into it.

Bigdawg26
10-13-2011, 08:46 AM

THIS x10000000000000000! Let's do the math here. We have a WR who consistently makes amazing catches (I truly believe with the best HANDS in the NFL), and we have a highly inaccurate QB. Did you see the catch he made last week from Tebow, and why are we trading him again?

Rohirrim
10-13-2011, 09:03 AM
I hate bye weeks.

GreatBronco16
10-13-2011, 09:15 AM

Team is 1-4.

My issue is our lack of depth. The very fact that Tebow had to come in as emergency WR already in one game tells you our depth sucks. Royal will not be healthy all year, DT has a 99.9% chance of not lasting the season, it will be a miricle if Decker doesn't miss a game....etc.

I don't mind trading him at all right now, just with our current injuries/depth, I just don't see how we can really do it, unless the FO just doesn't care about depth.

Also, taking out our best WR means it will be tougher for Tebow in the passing game. We don't have anyone on the team that can take LLoyds place.

DrFate
10-13-2011, 09:31 AM
My issue is our lack of depth. The very fact that Tebow had to come in as emergency WR already in one game tells you our depth sucks.

I just don't know where this matters to a 1-4 team in a rebuild. Find a guy off the street. I have good hands (but am not that fast) :)

Also, taking out our best WR means it will be tougher for Tebow in the passing game.

This argument I might buy.

My personal (unsubstantiated) feeling is that Lloyd has been vocally pro-Orton and the FO has decided it might be just as well to move him. When the Broncos take the field in 2012, Orton and Lloyd won't be on the field anyway, so I'm not sure it's that big a loss.

Pick Six
10-13-2011, 09:34 AM
Orton had chemistry with Lloyd. Let's see if Tebow can develop that same kind of chemistry with Lloyd. If not, he doesn't have a place on the Broncos...

Ray Finkle
10-13-2011, 09:36 AM
let's look at it this way.

Lloyd has bounced around the league until a break out year last year. Is this an outlying event or a predictor of future success? I tend to lean on the side that last year was an outlier. So if you can sell high on a WR that you may not resign anyway, why wouldn't you? That's smart business people....

baja
10-13-2011, 09:40 AM
I hate bye weeks.

at least we know we won't lose this week

ColoradoDarin
10-13-2011, 09:50 AM
If you are planning on signing Lloyd to an extension, you obviously don't trade him. If not, I think SF would be a willing partner seeing how they had a couple of WRs go down already this season. Take the 2nd and go full on rebuilding (which would include trading DJ in the off season).

Unless SF wants to part with Iupati instead of a pick.... (this without knowing how Iupati has or if he's been playing, just throwing it out there)

GreatBronco16
10-13-2011, 09:51 AM
I just don't know where this matters to a 1-4 team in a rebuild.

It kinda doesn't, but at the same time, it kinda does. You don't want to just get rid of your current best playmakers just because you are 1-4. The FO, and us fans should want Tebow to have success, and taking out our biggest threat for the WRs doesn't give him the best chance for success.

I just don't want the Broncos to get rid of our good players, just to stockpile draft picks in hopes of drafting another QB in the first. I'd prefere to just spend the reaminder of this season, and all of next season with Tebow at the helm, and see what happens.

Alot of people are so hard strickin on Luck, but bringing in him does not mean we are contenders all of a sudden. The offense will have to be built around him too. ie.. Good running game, good Oline protection, and productive WRs that can stay healthy.

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 10:03 AM

Team is 1-4.

We just spent a #1 for a WR in 2010. How is that working out for the Broncos right now? Lloyd has been a guarantee. A 2nd round pick is not.

Orton had chemistry with Lloyd. Let's see if Tebow can develop that same kind of chemistry with Lloyd. If not, he doesn't have a place on the Broncos...

Look at last year's numbers with Lloyd and Tebow. It is virtually the same type with Orton or Tebow.

ColoradoDarin
10-13-2011, 10:08 AM
We just spent a #1 for a WR in 2010. How is that working out for the Broncos right now? Lloyd has been a guarantee. A 2nd round pick is not.

Look at last year's numbers with Lloyd and Tebow. It is virtually the same type with Orton or Tebow.

The question should be - what are our plans for Lloyd beyond this year. If you aren't going to sign him, then we should trade him. I don't think many of us realistically think we're going to the playoffs this year, so the decision should be based on what's best for the future of our team.

I don't have the answer, but it is something a smart FO should be thinking about

GreatBronco16
10-13-2011, 10:12 AM
They should try to lock him up now more than anything, that is if he isn't looking for an obscene amount of money. And if that is the case, then I would have no problem with them trading him. Then I just hope that we find a good player with that pick.

BroncoBen
10-13-2011, 10:46 AM
let's look at it this way.

Lloyd has bounced around the league until a break out year last year. Is this an outlying event or a predictor of future success? I tend to lean on the side that last year was an outlier. So if you can sell high on a WR that you may not resign anyway, why wouldn't you? That's smart business people....

Agreed.. Lloyd and Eddie Royal are both going to be free agents next season, get something for them if you can.

Since this is Lloyds contract year it makes sense why he is on Orton's jock so much.

Royal, well the Broncos messed up not drafting DeShawn Jackson (Philly) who the Broncos passed on to draft Royal.

Royal is proving to have health issues, so I can see the Broncos not trying to resign him.

DrFate
10-13-2011, 11:32 AM

Is Lloyd getting extended? That's the pivot point here. If NO, doesn't matter to me if he's traded or not. If YES, obviously it does.

TheDave
10-13-2011, 11:35 AM
Isn't it a little early to dump salary and bring the kids up from AAA?

chawknz
10-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Another season, another total Adopted Bronco fail on my part. :cuss::gus:

DrFate
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Isn't it a little early to dump salary and bring the kids up from AAA?

Are you still eyeing a playoff run?

TheDave
10-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Are you still eyeing a playoff run?

No, I've just never seen a football team trade some of their better players after the first few games of the season.

Has anyone?

MABroncoFan
10-13-2011, 01:17 PM
JoJoradio JoJo Turnbeaugh
by TheTicketDenver
The #Broncos are very much looking to move Brandon Lloyd. This from a very reliable source.

epicSocialism4tw
10-13-2011, 01:18 PM
JoJoradio JoJo Turnbeaugh
by TheTicketDenver
The #Broncos are very much looking to move Brandon Lloyd. This from a very reliable source.

Wierd.

I wonder if Lloyd is asking out?

bendog
10-13-2011, 01:18 PM
No, I've just never seen a football team trade some of their better players after the first few games of the season.

Has anyone?

The old saints used to do it in the 60s. I supect Lloyd's unhappy because he's in his contract year and the stats aren't what he wants, but my guess is the story's bogus. He and Tebow were talking late in the game about the missed throw. There's no drama ... besides being 1-4.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 01:21 PM

Has anyone?

For a 2nd round pick when he currently has 11 games left on his contract?

TheDave
10-13-2011, 01:22 PM
For a 2nd round pick when he currently has 11 games left on his contract?

Just me, I want my new QB to have all the targets he can get.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 01:23 PM
Just me, I want my new QB to have all the targets he can get.

I dont believe a 2nd rounder is a realistic option at all, so I'm of like mind with you.

However, if it WERE an option, I'd help him pack.

extralife
10-13-2011, 01:25 PM
Why would we trade our one receiver with skill and experience the same week we put in a green QB?

oh yeah. Luck.

TheDave
10-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I dont believe a 2nd rounder is a realistic option at all, so I'm of like mind with you.

When I hear DJ and Lloyd being offered up... I don't like that all.

I'm not a big believer in Tebow, but give the kid a chance. Unless Lloyd is the one doing this... I don't get it.

KO5K
10-13-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd half expect to get a third round compensatory pick when he leaves in the off season.

Taking that into consideration, anything less than a second shouldn't even be contemplated.

Shananahan
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM

Pretty much how I feel as well.

Drek
10-13-2011, 02:46 PM
I'd half expect to get a third round compensatory pick when he leaves in the off season.

Taking that into consideration, anything less than a second shouldn't even be contemplated.

1. Comp picks are sandwiched between rounds, so a 3rd round comp is between the 3rd and 4th rounds, not a true 3rd round pick.

2. You don't receive comp picks until the following year, so the 2013 draft in this case.

I'd take a 2012 3rd for him if they don't expect to resign him.

tsiguy96
10-13-2011, 02:50 PM
@DavidGlennShow
hearing rumors of a 3-way NFL trade sending Kyle Orton to Miami, Brandon Lloyd to the Panthers and Clausen to Broncos, draft picks involved

wow, i will cry tears of sorrow.

vonqkilla
10-13-2011, 02:53 PM
Fk no, clausen is horrible, picks picks picks. Rather take a flyer on a 5th rd rb.

Clausens contract at that, oh hell no. epic mistake.

Smilin Assassin
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
@DavidGlennShow
hearing rumors of a 3-way NFL trade sending Kyle Orton to Miami, Brandon Lloyd to the Panthers and Clausen to Broncos, draft picks involved

This better be the worst rumor ever spoken.

Rohirrim
10-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Clausen?

I'm trying to think of a QB I hate more than Clausen...

Rivers?

It's a toss-up.

DrFate
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
Clausen?

I'm trying to think of a QB I hate more than Clausen...

Rivers?

It's a toss-up.

:spit:

tsiguy96
10-13-2011, 02:56 PM
This better be the worst rumor ever spoken.

agreed. well see.

KO5K
10-13-2011, 02:57 PM
@DavidGlennShow

Wasn't that started by Gil Brandt in that piece on NFL.com? It was totally made up and it was just a list of trades that made sense to him.

tsiguy96
10-13-2011, 02:57 PM
That was started by Gil Brandt in that piece on NFL.com, it was totally made up and it was just a list of trades that made sense to him.

Although, how sending Brandon Lloyd + PICKS in return for Clausen makes sense is beyond me.

brandon lloyd to panthers, clausen to denver, lloyd to miami, miamis picks to denver.

srphoenix
10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
really don't want clausen unless the other picks involved are just plain amazing.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 02:59 PM
@DavidGlennShow

So we would get Clausen for Orton and Lloyd? WTF? Hilarious!

KO5K
10-13-2011, 03:00 PM
brandon lloyd to panthers, clausen to denver, lloyd to miami, miamis picks to denver.

I think that's slightly different to Brandt's idea, still don't believe it's a genuine rumour.

TheReverend
10-13-2011, 03:01 PM
@DavidGlennShow

****ing Clausen?

Ignore these shenanigans.

srphoenix

so essentially it's 2 two way trades is what they're saying? because based on your statement it'd be lloyd for clausen from the panthers than orton to miami for picks.

why wouldn't they just do orton for picks and call it a day, no real advantage getting clausen and especially not for lloyd our best receiver unless they view D. Thomas as already up to Calvin Johnson level.

broncocalijohn
@DavidGlennShow

reading this above, I liked it Tsiguy when you didnt have links. Good God this would be horrible. Pick involved? Better be a 2nd somewhere for us!
Is Clausen really the insurance we are looking for? He is young but so is Quinn. Quinn has got to be much cheaper.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 03:02 PM
Fk no, clausen is horrible, picks picks picks. Rather take a flyer on a 5th rd rb.

Clausens contract at that, oh hell no. epic mistake.

Yep. Clausen is hot garbage. He was when he was drafted and it hasn't changed. This would not make our team better in any way shape or form. Two crappy backups from Notre Dame on the team...ugh!~

srphoenix
10-13-2011, 03:03 PM
Yep. Clausen is hot garbage. He was when he was drafted and it hasn't changed. This would not make our team better in any way shape or form. Two crappy backups from Notre Dame on the team...ugh!~

You'd think of all people John Fox would realize how much Clausen sucks having coached him in Carolina... just yuck.

razorwire77
10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
So we would get Clausen for Orton and Lloyd? WTF? Hilarious!

That's got to be a rumor. What, we couldn't find a team to trade us Cabe Mcnown, Jim Drukenmiller or Tim Couch for Lloyd straight up?

If Lloyd wants out, fine, get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him, but why the **** would we want another meek, shell shocked high round Domer QB flop. We already have Brady Quinn. Hell, I start Brady Quinn in a heartbeat over Clausen.

edog24
10-13-2011, 03:06 PM
so essentially it's 2 two way trades is what they're saying? because based on your statement it'd be lloyd for clausen from the panthers than orton to miami for picks.

why wouldn't they just do orton for picks and call it a day, no real advantage getting clausen and especially not for lloyd our best receiver unless they view D. Thomas as already up to Calvin Johnson level.

That's a good point. Quinn is fine as a backup for now, we don't need 3 qb's.

tsiguy96
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM

no idea, that was my perspective on it...maybe they meant different picks?

Rohirrim
10-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Fox: Okay, Tim. I'm giving you the starting job.
Tim: Thanks, coach. I'll give it everything I've got.
Fox: Good for you, kid. I know you can do it.
Tim: Thanks for the faith in me, coach.
Fox: Sure, kid. Oh, BTW. I brought in a guy for you to play catch with. His name is Clausen.

bendog
10-13-2011, 03:12 PM
Lol. But this is a baseless rumor set up by a talking head who "thought it sounded like a good idea at the time."

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Why would they trade Orton to the team we are playing next.

Smilin Assassin
10-13-2011, 03:17 PM

So we could win :D

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 03:18 PM

LOL

Rohirrim
10-13-2011, 03:19 PM

Kaylore
10-13-2011, 03:22 PM

http://www.themusicninja.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit.jpg

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2011, 03:23 PM
Les Shaperio on 102.3 the ticket

"Les just said that he got confirmation from his insiders at dove valley that

DJ is NOTon the block

Lloyd is being shopped for draft picks."

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=196428

---

Interesting

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 03:27 PM
Les Shaperio on 102.3 the ticket

"Les just said that he got confirmation from his insiders at dove valley that

DJ is NOTon the block

Lloyd is being shopped for draft picks."

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=196428

---

Interesting

So as soon as they decide to start Tebow they decide to trade away his best target. That's special.

crush17
10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Lloyd probably asked for the trade. The Broncos have a long standing policy to accomodate players who ask for a trade. It has been discussed many times. Lloyd wants to go to a team that will be throwing more I would vwnture to guess.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 03:34 PM
Lloyd probably asked for the trade. The Broncos have a long standing policy to accomodate players who ask for a trade. It has been discussed many times. Lloyd wants to go to a team that will be throwing more I would vwnture to guess.

If Lloyd thinks he's going to get the same number of looks as another team's 2nd or 3rd option he is more of a moron than I originally believed. And I believed he was a pretty big moron to be honest...

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2011, 03:38 PM
Xanders is trying to shoot down the trade rumors on 104.3 without denying them.

Also said Fox didn't claim people when we were #2 on the wire because he didn't want to disrupt the "growing family" atmosphere he was creating by cutting people and adding new faces.

bendog
10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
I think Lloyd's value is going down, but trading him for less than a 2nd doesn't make much sense. He's not a longterm answer, but if they'd get a comp pick .... Fox wants to throw less than McD did, and Lloyd has a history of getting on the wrong side of organizations.

But Matthew Willis?

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Also said Fox didn't claim people when we were #2 on the wire because he didn't want to disrupt the "growing family" atmosphere he was creating by cutting people and adding new faces.

Is he serious? Hilarious!

strafen
10-13-2011, 04:01 PM

:thumbsup: :notworthy :D LOL Ha!

ColoradoBuff
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM

^
This!!!

When his boy Orton got benched.....Brandon wanted out!

strafen
10-13-2011, 04:02 PM

Because it gives a competitive advantage...

Popps
10-13-2011, 04:09 PM
^
This!!!

When his boy Orton got benched.....Brandon wanted out!

Please quote sources.

From what I saw on Sunday, Llloyd played harder after Tebow came in the game.

He also played well with Tebow in the game last year.

strafen
10-13-2011, 04:12 PM
Please quote sources.

From what I saw on Sunday, Llloyd played harder after Tebow came in the game.

He also played well with Tebow in the game last year.Of all people, there's just something about you demanding somebody else to cite sources, that strikes me kind of funny...
:D Ha! :thumbsup:

rocket88
10-13-2011, 04:55 PM
Brian Xanders talks trade rumors, Tebow, BLloyd & Von Miller

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1555145

barryr
10-13-2011, 05:03 PM
If some team offered a 2nd rounder, the Broncos would have to listen depending on if they really thought they could re-sign him or not. But the Carolina deal is plain stupid since the Broncos could get Clausen for late round pick and not Lloyd unless they also get a 2nd rounder in the deal or something like that. But much depends on if Thomas is healthy and looks like he won't have a lingering problem otherwise too risky since Royal can't stay healthy either.

LonghornBronco
10-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Any scenario that sends Clausen here has got to include compensation for mearly taking on his salary. The only way this makes sense is if we send Lloyd to Carolina, Orton to Miami, Miami's #1 to Denver, and Carolina's #2? to Miami. We get two shots at Luck... Everyone wins!!!1!11

Requiem
10-13-2011, 05:27 PM
Fifth and sixth rounders gone: Bunkley/Quinn.

UberBroncoMan
10-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Any scenario that sends Clausen here has got to include compensation for mearly taking on his salary. The only way this makes sense is if we send Lloyd to Carolina, Orton to Miami, Miami's #1 to Denver, and Carolina's #2? to Miami. We get two shots at Luck... Everyone wins!!!1!11

Yeah...Miami want's Luck. Gator Day timing is proof they don't give a **** about this year or how their fans feel with them tanking the season.

smoke4815162342
10-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Vic Lombardi is reporting the team made an extension offer for 1-year, but it wasn't enough money.

Broncoman13
10-13-2011, 06:18 PM
Vic Lombardi is reporting the team made an extension offer for 1-year, but it wasn't enough money.

I am guessing that means teams are hesitant to trade for him with his expiring contract. I think he will still get traded, betting on a 4th and a conditional 2013 up to a 3rd.

snowspot66
10-13-2011, 06:46 PM
I am guessing that means teams are hesitant to trade for him with his expiring contract. I think he will still get traded, betting on a 4th and a conditional 2013 up to a 3rd.

We'll tag him for a year and trade him before we give him up for just that.

tsiguy96
10-13-2011, 06:51 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351

denver seeking a 3rd-5th. moving to a run controlled offense, and with royal, dthomas and jthomas coming back, too crowded for a coming FA they can get some return on.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19108351

denver seeking a 3rd-5th. moving to a run controlled offense, and with royal, dthomas and jthomas coming back, too crowded for a coming FA they can get some return on.

"We're now starting a QB that does best out of the spread and will therefore be dumping our best WR so we can't even think about running the spread."

Brilliant!

These idiots really need to watch film of Carolina this year. That's how you help a QB like Tebow succeed. Not by going into power formations and forcing him to only throw on 3rd down.

bowtown
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
I'd be able to stomach a 3rd to a ****ty team but anything less is just poor dealings. As mentioned above, if we can't get something decent we should just franchise him and if need be pay him great money for one more year. The only way this makes sense is if he's demanded a trade and will be problem child if we don't.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 07:08 PM
we are going to be MORE conservative than we have been...

Jesus Christ, wake me up when the draft is here

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 07:12 PM

No ****. I really can't convey how much I wish we hadn't hired Fox at this point. It defies words...

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 07:19 PM
No ****. I really can't convey how much I wish we hadn't hired Fox at this point. It defies words...

seriously....I got it with Orton....see if he could not make horrible mistakes, see if the D could withstand a barrage of points and try to pound the run....obviously it didnt work

so he decides to throw Tebow in there and we are going to take away his legs and playmaking ability??

absolutely baffling

Tim
10-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Lloyd for picks, keep Clausen in Carolina.

oubronco
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
Suck for Luck!!

orange crusher
10-13-2011, 07:43 PM
He's the only proven receiver on the roster and they're looking to trade him. Denver seems to be the only team willing to trade away pro-bowl calibur players every chance they get. Maybe they do want Tebow to fail.

vonqkilla
10-13-2011, 07:44 PM
I have confirmation as well, and this part should set this place on fire.

Requested.

Great timing

Hercules Rockefeller
10-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Suck for Luck!!

This. This isn't about Tebow. This isn't about being cheap. This is about being as bad as you can and winning a race to the bottom.

Tim
10-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Requested.

If you were brandon lloyd and Lonnie paxton was making more than you would you request a trade too??

Denver will be ok with out him, Demaryius will make you forget his name soon.

KO5K
10-13-2011, 08:02 PM

Requested.

Great timing

Can you expand?!

Are you saying Lloyd requested the trade?

HooptyHoops
10-13-2011, 08:04 PM

Requested.

Great timing

That sucks....bad. And, why the Broncos are only requesting a 3rd - 5th just baffles me....his salary is cheap and he is a true #1 wideout......just doesn't make sense at all....

theAPAOps5
10-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Timing is easy to figure out. As in what just transpired to make him want to request a trade...... Just a guess but his names closely related to wobet

KO5K
10-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Timing is easy to figure out.

The name's already there!

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-13-2011, 08:15 PM
They'd blow Belichick (again) if he was able to peddle a 30yr old receiver for a 3rd-5th.

vonqkilla
10-13-2011, 08:21 PM
No I in team.

But their is in

dIva.

Traveler
10-13-2011, 08:30 PM
Timing is easy to figure out. As in what just transpired to make him want to request a trade...... Just a guess but his names closely related to wobet

Guess since they are signifying they are going into full rebuild mode, it's probably best to try and get compensation for those few players that won't be under contract after the season.

It' also probably a good idea to rid themselves of a possible distraction since he was clearly an Orton supporter.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-13-2011, 08:32 PM
I can't believe a guy would go to such lengths to defend Kyle F'ing Orton as his quarterback.

theAPAOps5
10-13-2011, 08:36 PM
Guess since they are signifying they are going into full rebuild mode, it's probably best to try and get compensation for those few players that won't be under contract after the season.

It' also probaly a good idea to rid themselves of a possible distraction since he was clearly an Orton supporter.

I agree

Frisian
10-13-2011, 08:37 PM
It' also probaly a good idea to rid themselves of a possible distraction since he was clearly an Orton supporter.
That's true, every time I heard him he would be praising Orton and slightly bashing Tebow.
I don't like the idea of trading him. But I could see the organization either wanting to eliminating a possible distraction or Lloyd simply saying he wants out of Denver now that Orton is not the QB.

Popps
10-13-2011, 08:40 PM
No I in team.

But their is in

dIva.

Knew it. A few pages out from the "Lloyd demanded the trade" (baseless) accusation... and know he's a one notch up from Hitler.

I love it.

Tombstone RJ
10-13-2011, 08:41 PM
Brian Xanders talks trade rumors, Tebow, BLloyd & Von Miller

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/MikeEvansScottHastings/Story.aspx?ID=1555145

according to x-man the Broncos have discussed a new contract with Lloyd.

lonestar
10-13-2011, 08:43 PM
"We're now starting a QB that does best out of the spread and will therefore be dumping our best WR so we can't even think about running the spread."

Brilliant!

These idiots really need to watch film of Carolina this year. That's how you help a QB like Tebow succeed. Not by going into power formations and forcing him to only throw on 3rd down.

Dan reeves redux..

One would think Elway would nix that idea..
after all he was the one stuck with it and how many years and records did that cost him..

Rolandftw
10-13-2011, 08:44 PM

We don't even know what role Fox has in all of this. Lloyd could have demanded a trade, or Elway could have decided he was going to just stockpile picks at this points.

I agree that it's a trade that is going to piss fans off, and guys in the locker room as well but if it gets completed it's a good longterm deal.

I question the move because I don't think it gives Tebow a fair chance.

lonestar
10-13-2011, 08:46 PM
I'd be able to stomach a 3rd to a ****ty team but anything less is just poor dealings. As mentioned above, if we can't get something decent we should just franchise him and if need be pay him great money for one more year. The only way this makes sense is if he's demanded a trade and will be problem child if we don't.

Yet you don't get it

he is expendable with all the recievers we already have especially going to a running game first..

like having teats on a BOAR.

theAPAOps5
10-13-2011, 08:46 PM

Knew it. A few pages out from the "Lloyd demanded the trade" (baseless) accusation... and know he's a one notch up from Hitler.

I love it.

How do you get Hiler from Diva? That is kind of over dramatic don't you think? And aren't most WRs really divas?

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
This. This isn't about Tebow. This isn't about being cheap. This is about being as bad as you can and winning a race to the bottom.

I agree that this is at least part of what's going on. Either stripping it down to the bare bones because Elway really wants to win this "race", or (characterizing it somewhat more generously) trading a guy you know you aren't going to resign to a long term deal (due to depth) so you can get some ammo for Luck. They're going to make a huge run at him no matter what happens. That's their guy.

Rolandftw
10-13-2011, 08:49 PM
How do you get Hiler from Diva? That is kind of over dramatic don't you think? And aren't most WRs really divas?

Apparently Decker is one too... I'm sure Thomas and Royal are as well, since they take so long to recover from injuries.

Attention ******.

BroncoSojia
10-13-2011, 08:50 PM

Brilliant!

It's because Tebow is nowhere near Cam Newton as a passer. He still struggles to take snaps from center for the love of god(tebow).

He hasn't even learn how to take back step drops from under center properly yet.

He can't read defenses or go though progressions, his accuracy is horrible, and he still has that wind up in his throwing motion.

More often than not it's stare and throw at primary receiver, and if he's not open, take off and run.

We have to run a conservative, watered down, and run first offense, because it's the only way to have relative success with Tebow starting under center.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-13-2011, 08:59 PM
It's because Tebow is nowhere near Cam Newton as a passer. He still struggles to take snaps from center for the love of god(tebow).

He hasn't even learn how to take back step drops from under center properly yet.

He can't read defenses or go though progressions, his accuracy is horrible, and he still has that wind up in his throwing motion.

More often than not it's stare and throw at primary receiver, and if he's not open, take off and run.

We have to run a conservative, watered down, and run first offense, because it's the only way to have relative success with Tebow starting under center.

That type of well reasoned thinking will not be tolerated here.

This fan base cant see the forest from the trees. Wants short term gratification instead of thinking about it for the long term.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:02 PM
That type of well reasoned thinking will not be tolerated here.

This fan base cant see the forest from the trees. Wants short term gratification instead of thinking about it for the long term.

if he can't take a snap from center, why not spread us out a bit and use the ridiculous amount of pass catching TEs and WRs?

KCStud
10-13-2011, 09:08 PM
Elway is gonna trade his best offensive player and start Tebow? Man the AFC West is gonna love Elway. !Booya!

Jekyll15Hyde
10-13-2011, 09:12 PM
if he can't take a snap from center, why not spread us out a bit and use the ridiculous amount of pass catching TEs and WRs?

I am talking about stockpiling picks to get Luck who at least will give us a chance at a championship at some point in his career. Tebow, while exciting, will probably never make it past WC weekend and wont be effective once his running ability diminishes (5yrs would be my guess). Sorry but not good enough for me.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Elway is gonna trade his best offensive player and start Tebow? Man the AFC West is gonna love Elway. !Booya!

Race to the bottom! WE WANT LUCK. WE WANT LUCK

Rolandftw
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
SD and Oakland already love us.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:15 PM
I am talking about stockpiling picks to get Luck who at least will give us a chance at a championship at some point in his career. Tebow, while exciting, will probably never make it past WC weekend and wont be effective once his running ability diminishes (5yrs would be my guess). Sorry but not good enough for me.

this is a lot of conjecture....its deciding to stockpile picks with the HOPE that we can sack them off to someone for Luck....

then its assuming that Luck is a super bowl caliber quarterback...

then its assuming that Tebow can't win and be effective within the next few years

then its assuming that he won't improve his mechanics and find a way to change his game

here's a history lesson....there was once a quarterback we had who found a way to win games after his legs went out a bit...and he won two Super Bowls

Jekyll15Hyde
10-13-2011, 09:20 PM
here's a history lesson....there was once a quarterback we had who found a way to win games after his legs went out a bit...and he won two Super Bowls

Who was an amazing passer and didnt rely on running to win.

Rohirrim
10-13-2011, 09:22 PM
I agree that this is at least part of what's going on. Either stripping it down to the bare bones because Elway really wants to win this "race", or (characterizing it somewhat more generously) trading a guy you know you aren't going to resign to a long term deal (due to depth) so you can get some ammo for Luck. They're going to make a huge run at him no matter what happens. That's their guy.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. ;D

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:25 PM

early in his career he relied on his mobility to make plays and extending those plays to give the WRs more time to get open....it obviously didnt hurt that he had a rocket arm and could throw across his body

however, the ability to keep a play going cannot be underestimated and it makes it a lot easier to find open guys so you don't need the typical timing and footwork

just my two cents

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:27 PM

so then why not put in Quinn instead of Tebow????

I can't believe that a team would put it a guy who would cut off his right arm to win a game, only to strip the offense around him hoping to lose

that can't be what our organization is right now....CAN IT???

gunns
10-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Lloyd for picks, keep Clausen in Carolina.

amen

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Because they want people to go to the game, watch the game and keep buying stuff.

Incidentally, as much as I do love Tebow (and I really do), I would not fault the FO for Sucking for Luck. Luck is a massively elite talent. I would not criticize Elway at all if he wanted to strip it down to ensure we get that kid. It does SUCK for Tebow and its very unfair, but its a big picture idea on their minds and I can respect that and appreciate the potential benefits.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:32 PM
Because they want people to go to the game, watch the game and keep buying stuff.

ugggghhhh....the way you talk about the FO makes me absolutely disgusted

because you could be right

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 09:36 PM

Incidentally, as much as I do love Tebow (and I really do), I would not fault the FO for Sucking for Luck. Luck is a massively elite talent. I would not criticize Elway at all if he wanted to strip it down to ensure we get that kid. It does SUCK for Tebow and its very unfair, but its a big picture idea on their minds and I can respect that and appreciate the potential benefits.

C'mon, SoCal. Luck is a long shot. Whoever gets the #1 pick is most likely going pick Luck unless it's St. Louis. All the trade ammo in the world won't help. I think IF they trade him it's clearly to move a guy who they don't plan to sign long term. You can't plan for a guy who is going #1 under nearly all realistic scenarios.

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 09:42 PM
C'mon, SoCal. Luck is a long shot. Whoever gets the #1 pick is most likely going pick Luck unless it's St. Louis. All the trade ammo in the world won't help. I think IF they trade him it's clearly to move a guy who they don't plan to sign long term. You can't plan for a guy who is going #1 under nearly all realistic scenarios.

See that's the thing, though. If you strip the team down and get some picks in exchange, you can accomplish one of two things. First, if they in fact finish with the worst record, they get their guy. If they are No. 2 to Carolina (unlikely) or St. Louis, they'll still get their man. At No.3 or a little lower, you are right that it is going to be more difficult to get him, but they would have the ammo to do it. If it doesn't work out, they at least have the picks to address a wide variety of needs (which they'll have to do, because there's no cap floor next summer which means they wont spend in FA, thus they'll have to hit the draft harder than most other teams will). Stripping it down works in either scenario. The only one it really sucks for is Tebow.

Play2win
10-13-2011, 09:45 PM

Yeah... in 2018.

vancejohnson82
10-13-2011, 09:48 PM
See that's the thing, though. If you strip the team down and get some picks in exchange, you can accomplish one of two things. First, if they in fact finish with the worst record, they get their guy. If they are No. 2 to Carolina (unlikely) or St. Louis, they'll still get their man. At No.3 or a little lower, you are right that it is going to be more difficult to get him, but they would have the ammo to do it. If it doesn't work out, they at least have the picks to address a wide variety of needs (which they'll have to do, because there's no cap floor next summer which means they wont spend in FA, thus they'll have to hit the draft harder than most other teams will). Stripping it down works in either scenario. The only one it really sucks for is Tebow.

the one thing that you are taking out of this equation, is the fact that there are some TERRIBLE teams out there this year....and I think Tebow's will to win is going to equate to 4-5 more wins, even without the talent around him

plus, we do have talent out there

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 09:51 PM

There is no chance there's any truth to this. If that was the MO, they would not have made a move to bench Orton who was doing a nearly perfect job of losing games.

They particularly would not have done it during a game in which he was completely useless.

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 09:55 PM

No chance. If there was truth here, they clearly would not have named him the starter after the spark he provided. That would jeopardize the master conspiracy you're conjuring.

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 09:56 PM
There is no chance there's any truth to this. If that was the MO, they would not have made a move to bench Orton who was doing a nearly perfect job of losing games.

They particularly would not have done it during a game in which he was completely useless.

Remember, they thought very little of Tebow's abilities after watching him practice for two months. They might have thought if he went in, it would be a complete abomination (since the opponent was also pretty good and we were down by alot which would force him to throw alot), but at the same time, it would get people off their back.

smoke4815162342
10-13-2011, 10:00 PM

Yep, Elway finally had a way to win games without running around himself.

http://latitudesportsmarketing.com/images/John%20Elway%20&%20Terrell%20Davis%20Signed%2016x20%20deluxe%20fra me.jpg

:thumbsup:

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 10:02 PM

The only way I accept that is IF Elway likes Barkley or Landry. If we finish with the 1st or 2nd pick, more than likely Tebow sucked. I think we win at least 4 or 5 games with him, which puts us out of that range. If we are sitting in the top 3, then Elway is pefectly justified in picking a QB because Tebow probably wasn't that good. It's not like we are getting are asses handed to us every week. The only blow out loss was to Green Bay. The other three losses were games we could have certainly won. Point being, Elway only gets a new QB if Tebow doesn't play well enough to prevent him from doing so.

Ray Finkle
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM

regardless if they are building ammo for Luck, this is a smart move to sell high on a player you will not resign. I have the feeling Lloyd has talked himself out of Denver.

Rolandftw
10-13-2011, 10:03 PM

I can't believe that a team would put it a guy who would cut off his right arm to win a game, only to strip the offense around him hoping to lose

that can't be what our organization is right now....CAN IT???

I don't think it's really cutting of our right arm. Denver probably feels that they have enough depth at wide receiver to not lose much out of Lloyd being gone. Depends how highly they see Thomas too.

And they know to this point in Tebow's NFL Career, he hasn't used WR's as much as most other QB's do.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
C'mon, SoCal. Luck is a long shot. Whoever gets the #1 pick is most likely going pick Luck unless it's St. Louis

Why do people keep forgetting Carolina?

And Minny & Jax might trade out as well because they could use a ton of picks to rebuild their teams.

SoCalBronco
10-13-2011, 10:05 PM
regardless if they are building ammo for Luck, this is a smart move to sell high on a player you will not resign. I have the feeling Lloyd has talked himself out of Denver.

I agree that if they've decided for whatever reason be it his age or the young (and cheap) depth that they won't re-sign him, then yes, try to get whatever you can get in terms of value rather than lose him for free. I don't think he's talked himself out, it might be a bit awkward to be sure, but I think its mainly just about getting some value before he's gone.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:06 PM
And to add, I guess nobody has bitten on Lloyd if the story is true. I can't imagine a team trading a pick that high for him.

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 10:08 PM
I didn't expect Lloyd after this year anyways. On a side note relying on Royal and DThomas for 11 games lol.

BroncoBeavis
10-13-2011, 10:27 PM
A couple weeks ago we lined up a QB @ WR because we were so strapped.

So what the heck, let's trade one more!

Clueless.

Shananahan
10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
On a side note relying on Royal and DThomas for 11 games lol.
I think between the two of them they could pull it off.

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 10:33 PM
Why do people keep forgetting Carolina?

And Minny & Jax might trade out as well because they could use a ton of picks to rebuild their teams.

Are you serious? Carolina ain't picking Luck with the way Newton has been playing. Minny & Jax both used 1st rounders on QBs in the 2011 draft. For them to pick a QB #1 two years in a row would be highly unlikely.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:34 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if there's a scenario where Denver can swap 1st round picks, and throw in at least 2 additional future firsts.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:35 PM
Are you serious? Carolina ain't picking Luck with the way Newton has been playing. Minny & Jax both used 1st rounders on QBs in the 2011 draft. For them to pick a QB #1 two years in a row would be highly unlikely.

Exactly. If they end up with the #1 overall Denver will have an opportunity to swap picks with them.

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Exactly. If they end up with the #1 overall Denver will have an opportunity to swap picks with them.

I don't see any of those teams getting #1. If they do, you're right.

maven
10-13-2011, 10:40 PM
I don't see any of those teams getting #1. If they do, you're right.

Why not? They're bad as well. The only "enemies" in the race to suck for Luck is Indy and Miami.

Agamemnon
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM

If I knew conclusively that this franchise had sunk so low that they would intentionally lose games just so they could draft Luck (who is quickly becoming the most overhyped player I've ever seen), I would be done as a fan. I couldn't root for an organization like that...

BroncoInferno
10-13-2011, 10:55 PM
Why not? They're bad as well. The only "enemies" in the race to suck for Luck is Indy and Miami.

True. But I agree with Herc that those teams wouldn't pass on Luck even with 1st round investments the previous year. Minny reached badly on Ponder, for instance. Unless Ponder plays this season and shows something, I don't think they wouldn't be able to pass on Luck. Ponder was a 2nd round prospect. They paniced with that pick. Gabbert and Newton were the only 2 guys anyone expected to go in round 1.

maven
10-13-2011, 11:12 PM
True. But I agree with Herc that those teams wouldn't pass on Luck even with 1st round investments the previous year. Minny reached badly on Ponder, for instance. Unless Ponder plays this season and shows something, I don't think they wouldn't be able to pass on Luck. Ponder was a 2nd round prospect. They paniced with that pick. Gabbert and Newton were the only 2 guys anyone expected to go in round 1.

They are neutral in my belief. They could go either way. When presented with multiple 1st rounders and multiple picks and possibly players, they might value that higher than going with just another young QB.

maven
10-13-2011, 11:14 PM
If I knew conclusively that this franchise had sunk so low that they would intentionally lose games just so they could draft Luck (who is quickly becoming the most overhyped player I've ever seen), I would be done as a fan. I couldn't root for an organization like that...

The team is rebuilding. Securing future picks is a no brainer.

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 11:38 PM

I don't think we've gone that far but, I do believe team has losing mentality of late.

extralife
10-14-2011, 01:20 AM

That settles it: I'm on board the Suck for Luck train.

fontaine
10-14-2011, 02:37 AM
I'm not convinced Thomas or Decker are good enough right now to consistently take on the other teams best CB without Lloyd.

But, I trust that the FO have already come to a decision that Lloyd is asking for too much money long term for him to be retained here in Denver, in which case trading him is probably best.

It will stretch us fairly thin though at WR.

LongDongJohnson
10-14-2011, 02:45 AM
It will stretch us fairly thin though at WR.
We still have quan cosby! Or we can just resign quincy morgan. I think hes still a free agent.

Durango
10-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Truth. This may be more a move about marketing than it is about winning.

I'd love to see Tebow become the dynamo that turns this whole mess around, but I think you may be right on several points.

Here's hoping Timmy proves 'em all wrong (except the fans), but that damned schedule. Ugh!

cutthemdown
10-14-2011, 05:04 AM
Well it will be more like a 4th round pick probably, maybe a 3rd. But he is 30, probably will while while Tebow is taking his lumps, or even if tebow wins he probably will just be running around etc etc. Plus isn't Lloyd coming up on the end of the 3 yr deal he signed with us? Not a bad idea to trade him if they know he won't be around next yr anyways.

BlueandOrange32
10-14-2011, 05:32 AM
What, would they then be in the Blackmon from OSU race? D. Thomas is too brittle to count on him for anything, and I think he would be on the block cause Thomas is comine back.

Broncoman13
10-14-2011, 06:26 AM
It could be that the Broncos prefer to have DT and Deck on the field b/c they are bigger bodies and give better effort/support with down field blocking. I've watched Lloyd block and while he does give effort, the results are usually not there. He whiffs more than Zane Beadles which is hard to do.

DT is an above average blocker for a WR and both Deck and DT have size advantages that should give them the ability to sustain blocks. Royal can continue on as a slot type. I can see guys like Royal and Orange Julius getting some opportunities to make plays.

Royal, b/c he is so quick and sudden. When Tebow scrambles and buys time it will be tough for CBs to stick with Royal for the extended time.

With Orange Julius, the fact that LBs cannot drop as deep without Tebow making them pay by running the ball should open up the middle of the field a little bit. Of course it all depends on Tebow's ability to put the ball on Target. Eddie Royal offers a pretty small catch radius so I could see Tebow struggling to get him the ball. Julius on the other hand has a pretty large radius which will be Tebow's best friend... He doesn't have to be as perfect with JUlius.

epicSocialism4tw
10-14-2011, 06:42 AM
It could be that the Broncos prefer to have DT and Deck on the field b/c they are bigger bodies and give better effort/support with down field blocking. I've watched Lloyd block and while he does give effort, the results are usually not there. He whiffs more than Zane Beadles which is hard to do.

DT is an above average blocker for a WR and both Deck and DT have size advantages that should give them the ability to sustain blocks. Royal can continue on as a slot type. I can see guys like Royal and Orange Julius getting some opportunities to make plays

Decker is not a good blocker yet. Maybe he can be, who knows, but he's not consistent at all. Certainly not as consistent as even Beadles.

There is no evidence to support the idea that either Decker or Thomas are quality blockers. There is only hope. That's kind of weird that you have blind hope in those two, but none in Beadles...who came out in the same draft class. Irrational bias.

Dedhed
10-14-2011, 06:43 AM
Remember, they thought very little of Tebow's abilities after watching him practice for two months. They might have thought if he went in, it would be a complete abomination (since the opponent was also pretty good and we were down by alot which would force him to throw alot), but at the same time, it would get people off their back.

No chance. This is far more laughable than the escalator conspiracy.

Dedhed
10-14-2011, 06:53 AM
The team is rebuilding. Securing future picks is a no brainer.Securing picks is far different than intentionally losing games.

Jekyll15Hyde
10-14-2011, 07:08 AM
That settles it: I'm on board the Suck for Luck train.

This, this and this.

Even if he didnt pan out, it would be worth it to get rid of all the Tebow bandwagon folks.

epicSocialism4tw
10-14-2011, 07:20 AM
This, this and this.

Even if he didnt pan out, it would be worth it to get rid of all the Tebow bandwagon folks.

Better get used to it.

The bandwagon is just getting moving.

Just wait 'til the Broncos go on a little win streak and Tebow has some good games (which will happen...see last year's Houston game). The bandwagon is going to be MASSIVE and you'll start seeing Tebow everywhere.

oubronco
10-14-2011, 07:28 AM

This is not going to please the masses but could be true

jhns
10-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Better get used to it.

The bandwagon is just getting moving.

Just wait 'til the Broncos go on a little win streak and Tebow has some good games (which will happen...see last year's Houston game). The bandwagon is going to be MASSIVE and you'll start seeing Tebow everywhere.

I'm not sure why people would hate this. If Tebow gets the Broncos talked about a ton more, all the better for us.

I wouldn't trade Lloyd. Even if he wants out, I would tell him the same thing I would have told others like Cutler. To f'n bad. Play or retire. You can half ass it if you want. You are the one that stands to lose millions. That said, I'm not sure I buy any of these trade rumors.

epicSocialism4tw
10-14-2011, 07:33 AM
This is not going to please the masses but could be true

Carolina lets Newton throw from the shotgun all day, and he throws the ball like 40 times a game. He also throws a bunch of picks.

Newton also throws jump balls and bad passes.

I think he's a little overrated. Carolina has basically just thrown him out there and let him make every play. Sometimes he succeeds and sometimes he fails. But he gets tons of tries to get it right.

uplink
10-14-2011, 08:11 AM
If the broncos continue to hit on draft picks in the 1-5 rounds, getting some picks for older vets could be huge. In the past I'd say don't trade Lloyd but given the recent draft success I'm leaning towards trading players for picks.