PDA

View Full Version : Curry To The Raiders

schaaf
10-12-2011, 01:26 PM
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
Source involved in trade says Raiders acquired former Seahawks LB Aaron Curry for an undisclosed pick in 2012 and undisclosed pick in 2013.

Any thoughts on how the change of scenery affects him?

Traveler
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
Raiders acquire Aaron Curry for 2 draft picks

Raiders acquired OLB Aaron Curry from the Seahawks in exchange for two undisclosed draft picks, one in 2012 and one in 2013.

They're believed to be mid- to late-round picks. The Raiders haven't scrapped their philosophy of trying to rehabilitate former first-round busts in the post-Al Davis era. Curry, the No. 4 overall pick in the 2009 draft, flamed out in Seattle because he lacked instincts to diagnose run plays and was a zero in pass coverage. Raiders MLB Rolando McClain suffered a potentially serious ankle injury in Week 6, and Curry could be viewed as insurance behind likely replacement starter Darryl Blackstock.

Source: Jay Glazer on Twitter Oct

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...-2-draft-picks

oubronco
10-12-2011, 01:29 PM
Probably going to go off on us for years to come and they got him cheap

WABronco
10-12-2011, 01:30 PM
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Nate Webster-syndrome.

schaaf
10-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Probably going to go off on us for years to come and they got him cheap

Haha I'm honestly worried about that too

maher_tyler
10-12-2011, 02:04 PM
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Nate Webster-syndrome.

Hopefully he keeps that up. Maybe it was bad coaching??

Drunk Monkey
10-12-2011, 02:08 PM
I was one for bringing him in, I hope i was wrong and that he sucks. He is a free agent after this year right.

Kaylore
10-12-2011, 02:12 PM

Please tell me that's helmet removal and not child rape...

gyldenlove
10-12-2011, 02:13 PM

Dude seems a little rapey to me....

UberBroncoMan
10-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Mother ****er!

SouthStndJunkie
10-12-2011, 02:33 PM
Seattle will receive a seventh-round pick in 2012 and a mid-round conditional pick (fourth or fifth round) in 2013 based on Curry's playing time with Oakland, a source told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

400HZ
10-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Good thing he sucks.

chrisp
10-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Its hard to guage instincts and feel for the game - usually when hot college prospects flame out in the pros its that - especially at a position like MLB where you absolutely have to be able to sniff out which way the play is going before anyone else.

Elway 4 Life
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
I yelled at the TV last weekend during the SEA-NYG game. He had a play late in the game with him one-on-one with the RB on the edge. If he brings him down it would've been a no gain, but instead he tries to blow him up. Ends up bouncing off and rolling to the ground and the RB gets a critical first down and more. ****ing typical Aaron Curry. Dude is dumb as rocks, can't tackle for ****, can't cover, and has a serious case of the Joe Mays-syndrome.

fixed it for u. :approve:

Ugly Duck
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
This is just another reclamation project for Richard Seymour. Oakland gave Jarvis Moss (#17 overall) to Seymour & told him to coach the guy. Moss did crap in Denver, but after being mentored by Seymour has become a serviceable DE. Making sacks, batting down balls like he never did as a Bronco. Seymour told Moss that if he didn't become a student of the game & learn to live football his career would be over. Moss gave up his X-box & sat around studying footage of the DE greats & the weekly games instead. He's now a new man on the field. Seymour is gonna give Aaron Curry the same treatment. Might work, might not, but the dude has the talent if he learns the mental/emotional aspect of how to apply it...

2009 - Drafted, Seahawks go 5-11.
12 starts in 14 games played. Curry records 54 solo tackles out of 61 combined tackles...including 2 sacks.

2010 - Coaching Change to Pete Carroll, completely different system than what Aaron Curry was drafted for.
16 starts in 16 games, including two playoff games. Curry records 60 solo tackles out of 73 combined tackles...including 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defended.

2011 - Pete Carroll guys come in, drafted for their system...Curry demoted, put on the block. 2 starts in 5 games played. 16 solo tackles of 22 combined tackles including 2 passes defended.

...could it be that Curry didn't fit into Carroll's scheme?

boltaneer
10-12-2011, 03:14 PM
This is just another reclamation project for Richard Seymour. Oakland gave Jarvis Moss (#17 overall) to Seymour & told him to coach the guy. Moss did crap in Denver, but after being mentored by Seymour has become a serviceable DE. Making sacks, batting down balls like he never did as a Bronco. Seymour told Moss that if he didn't become a student of the game & learn to live football his career would be over. Moss gave up his X-box & sat around studying footage of the DE greats & the weekly games instead. He's now a new man on the field. Seymour is gonna give Aaron Curry the same treatment. Might work, might not, but the dude has the talent if he learns the mental/emotional aspect of how to apply it...

12 starts in 14 games played. Curry records 54 solo tackles out of 61 combined tackles...including 2 sacks.

2010 - Coaching Change to Pete Carroll, completely different system than what Aaron Curry was drafted for.
16 starts in 16 games, including two playoff games. Curry records 60 solo tackles out of 73 combined tackles...including 3.5 sacks and 2 forced fumbles, 1 pass defended.

2011 - Pete Carroll guys come in, drafted for their system...Curry demoted, put on the block. 2 starts in 5 games played. 16 solo tackles of 22 combined tackles including 2 passes defended.

Possibly but it's more likely that the guy just isn't a good NFL player. It happens.

Ugly Duck
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Possibly but it's more likely that the guy just isn't a good NFL player. It happens.

Like Jarvis Moss?

Jim Plunkett (1st overall) was a washed out reject when Oakland took a chance. Won SuperBowls with the rejected washout.

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM

faiders got him for nothing. It's a good deal of the faid, I hate to say this but they basically got him for nothing. If he does well the faid come out smelling like roses. If he continues to disappoint, no biggie, move on.

WABronco
10-12-2011, 04:54 PM

Ya ya...

The "I MADE A TACKLE /STOMP AROUND AND DO STUPID DANCE" thing.

Anikai
10-12-2011, 06:11 PM
typical Al-Davis move.