PDA

View Full Version : John Lynch quote.

BlueandOrange32
10-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I was just listening to John Lynch talk about Tebow. He said, "soemthing those egg heads Dilfer and Hoge never mention.A qb like dilfer , orton etc have to be very accurate to succeed, while a qb like TEBOW, VICK AND NEWTON have a lot more room for error.The line backers and safeties do not drop in coverage as much because they are so concern about those guys taking off, hence leaves much more single coverage and open receivers. So the margin for error is much geater for them then it is those other QB'S. Too bad for Dilfer he never had this luxury !!!"

Flex Gunmetal
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
Interesting point. Hoge was still helplessly defending his stance yesterday. Dudes gone full retard undoubtedly.

Image related.
http://i.imgur.com/fX0e5.gif

barryr
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM
It is very true and without a great running game, they can cheat even more to the line. Funny, some say defenses will stack the line and make Tebow beat them with throws down the field. Well, what do they think teams were doing with Orton? The same thing.

Pick Six
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Image related.

That's still a beautiful hit...:strong:

enjolras
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
It's fascinating how split the opinion is... gonna be a fun 3 months:)

Archer81
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
My brother was watching ESPN MNF countdown last night...had the Scott-Dilfer-Young panel on the field. Apparently you cannot develop young WRs or RBs when you play a young QB. According to Dilfer, anyway.

Steve Young looked like he was going to hit Dilfer, which would have been funny to see.

:Broncos:

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:04 AM
My brother was watching ESPN MNF countdown last night...had the Scott-Dilfer-Young panel on the field. Apparently you cannot develop young WRs or RBs when you play a young QB. According to Dilfer, anyway.

Steve Young looked like he was going to hit Dilfer, which would have been funny to see.

So a young RB needs a seasoned QB to get a hand off from? You can't develop a young QB sitting behind a QB who isn't playing well either.

Flex Gunmetal
10-11-2011, 09:06 AM

Ya Blount's really had a slow start to his career with that kid Freeman screwing up his development.

Jason in LA
10-11-2011, 09:11 AM
So...when did Dilfer become the end all be all of quartback analyst? I'll give him some credit, he is a much better analyst than he was a player, because he sucked as a QB. He does make some good points. But at times he acts like his opinions are the final word on the subject. Like he knows everything about the position. It's getting annoying.

Kid A
10-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Buried in a lot of Dilfer BS, I think there was a legitimate point there.

I've contended before that one of the factors that kept the Broncos from starting Tebow is that if they don't see him as the QBOTF and plan on drafting a rookie QB to play right away next year, it's hard to justify going through the "first time starting QB" experience two years in a row.

That's why you (in theory) go with the mediocre rental QB who is gone next year - no issues with utilizing the full playbook, being comfortable with most the WRs, etc. There's no doubt the rest of the offense, which has a lot of youth, will have to make yet another adjustment in what has already been a tumultuous few years for guys just getting finding their feet in this league. So I get the logic here.

Of course, Orton being a complete disaster changed all this. Leading the league in INTs, horrible YPR...Throw in that Orton can't escape the pressure that comes from frequent breakdowns of a young o-line (something Tebow is distinctly capable at) and that Tebow is under contract for several more years, and this decision is too obvious to get wrong. Far from ideal if he does play poorly and they need to draft QB again, but not much about this team has been ideal for a while.

TheChamp24
10-11-2011, 10:00 AM

That was hilarious watching Young getting worked up with Dilfer.
Dilfer saying Tebow sucks you can't do **** with him.
Young saying build an offense to support what he does and he'll be extremely successful.

I still think we need to change our offense to support Tebow's strengths. spread-option offense could work very well with him.

Mogulseeker
10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I was just listening to John Lynch talk about Tebow. He said, "soemthing those egg heads Dilfer and Hoge never mention.A qb like dilfer , orton etc have to be very accurate to succeed, while a qb like TEBOW, VICK AND NEWTON have a lot more room for error.The line backers and safeties do not drop in coverage as much because they are so concern about those guys taking off, hence leaves much more single coverage and open receivers. So the margin for error is much geater for them then it is those other QB'S. Too bad for Dilfer he never had this luxury !!!"

That's a good quote from a guy who actually played defense, and he didn't even mention Tebow's ability to stretch the play, which gives receivers more time to get *more* open and thus a larger passing window.

Elway 4 Life
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
That was hilarious watching Young getting worked up with Dilfer.
Dilfer saying Tebow sucks you can't do **** with him.
Young saying build an offense to support what he does and he'll be extremely successful.

I still think we need to change our offense to support Tebow's strengths. spread-option offense could work very well with him.

Ones a hall of famer and ones a ****ty QB that happened to be on a team with one of the best D's in NFL history. Hmmmmmmmm who to listen to.

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM
If I'm Tebow. I offer Steve Young $1 million to spend the off-season personally coaching me.

Gort
10-11-2011, 10:49 AM

Lynch would make a good coach. i hope some day after he gets tired of broadcasting, he's back in Dove Valley mentoring young players.

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Lynch would make a good coach. i hope some day after he gets tired of broadcasting, he's back in Dove Valley mentoring young players.

Did he retire in Denver or go back to TB? I'm pretty sure he lives here now, but not 100%.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 10:52 AM
If I'm Tebow. I offer Steve Young $1 million to spend the off-season personally coaching me.

Yep. Tebow should already be bffs with Young.

Gort
10-11-2011, 10:53 AM
Did he retire in Denver or go back to TB? I'm pretty sure he lives here now, but not 100%.

i think he lives in Sandy Eggo and i think his last "contract" was with NE, but i may be wrong.

orng&blu
10-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Young will favor Tebow because that is exactly how he used to play, so I think Young's opinion on this subject is much more viable than Dillhole's. Let us all NOT forget about Tebow himself in all of this, his desire to win and to improve his play, his pure athletic talent, his toughness, his flat out willingness to give everything he has to win games. We all watched Elway flub around his first few years with all his raw talent, look how he turned out. So we need to let Tebow work a few things out and get all his raw talent lined up so HE can turn into an effective Steve Young style QB.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM
i think he lives in Sandy Eggo and i think his last "contract" was with NE, but i may be wrong.

He still lives in Denver but last I heard it was only about 70% of the time.

He said he lives down the street from Tebow, sees him run by all the time

Mogulseeker
10-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Lynch was originally from Boulder, I thought.

AlphaSeirra
10-11-2011, 11:07 AM
Yep. Tebow should already be bffs with Young.

Or better yet, Tebow should hire Dr. Who to transport him back to play for the Montana/Young era 49'ers..... :approve:

Kid A
10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
One thing that stands out to me in all this Tebow media circus: if you didn't know better, you'd think we were talking about him getting his first start. You would get the impression we have no game film of him playing QB outside the second half this week, and other than that we just have the insight of these prognosticators.

But there are THREE entire games from last year of Tebow starting. Some of it is impressive, some of it is really rough. But, on the whole, he acquitted himself well. Statistically he was up there with every other rookie QB, better in a lot of ways.

I'm in no way sold that he will do great over the course of 11 games, but wouldn't those games be worth referencing? If Hodge and Co. want to bash the guy, can't they at least do so while addressing the considerable game film we have of him? And the fact that, while raw and inconsistent, he was hardly a "fullback" out there throwing the ball, posting solid passer ratings all 3 games?

Ray Finkle
10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Or better yet, Tebow should hire Dr. Who to transport him back to play for the Montana/Young era 49'ers..... :approve:

that's just silly....

you never "hire" the Doctor.

ghwk
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM
One point Rich Gannon made on the Sirius Blitz is Tim will have some different challenges now that teams know he will start and will build game plans to counter his style of play, a luxury the Eggo's didn't have.

Did Lynch really call them eggheads?? LOL if he did.

Also, it really did look like Young was trying not to stand up and take a swing at dillwad. You could tell he was really pissed off.

broncosteven
10-11-2011, 11:26 AM

I think Hodge is still stinging from say a couple years back that Pat White (Miami's Wild Cat QB project) was going to be a league MVP. The dude was out of football the next year.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Interesting point. Hoge was still helplessly defending his stance yesterday. Dudes gone full retard undoubtedly.

Image related.

what a beautiful hit.

If you took all of Lynchs hits from his career and fined them in todays system, he'd probably be bankrupt at this point.

Mogulseeker
10-11-2011, 11:43 AM
BTW - There's this thing about Stanford graduates like Elway, Lynch and Luck after this year... they tend to be smart. So there's that.

Bronco Yoda
10-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Wonder how much it would take to get Young as a QB coach?

Mogulseeker
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Wonder how much it would take to get Young as a QB coach?

Too much. No way a single team could match the salary of an ESPN analyst unless they wanted him as a head coach.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 11:57 AM
One point Rich Gannon made on the Sirius Blitz is Tim will have some different challenges now that teams know he will start and will build game plans to counter his style of play, a luxury the Eggo's didn't have.

Did Lynch really call them eggheads?? LOL if he did.

Also, it really did look like Young was trying not to stand up and take a swing at dillwad. You could tell he was really pissed off.

people forget that the last 3 games of last season teams knew that Tebow was going to start... he didn't disappoint in any of those 3 games

Play2win
10-11-2011, 12:32 PM

Especially so in WCO. Attacking the middle with heavy use of TE and quick/medium Slants... would really open up big plays down the field for Lloyd, Decker, and maybe even Royal.

FantomForce
10-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Lynch was originally from Boulder, I thought.

Nope Cali boy:sunshine: played qb at stanford for Dennis Greene. Then some other guy came in and told him to move to safety, wonder who that guys was probably never had another job after thatROFL!

maher_tyler
10-11-2011, 01:29 PM
So...when did Dilfer become the end all be all of quartback analyst? I'll give him some credit, he is a much better analyst than he was a player, because he sucked as a QB. He does make some good points. But at times he acts like his opinions are the final word on the subject. Like he knows everything about the position. It's getting annoying.

It's more annoying when he starts yelling!

bendog
10-11-2011, 01:34 PM
that's just silly....

you never "hire" the Doctor.

yeah, and Tebow in Walsh's west coast. Beyond dumb.

DHallblows
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

:approve:

Top to bottom, I love that gif

WABronco
10-11-2011, 02:26 PM
John Lynch laying that hit in his first game here. Champ with a crazy INT first game here. Q bursting onto the scene. Good times.

peacepipe
10-11-2011, 02:30 PM

actually what he stated was that with a running QB like tebow that it's stunts the growth of TEs & WRs because rather than being out there running routes & getting experience,they are being held back to block for tebow.

KillerBronco#76
10-11-2011, 05:40 PM

Image related.

That used to be a good hit...
Now...Thats a personal foul, possibly an ejection, for sure a 50-75K fine. A reminder of how drastically things can change in a couple years when they take it little by little...

The Moops
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
Love it. Receivers are never completely open until a QB starts scrambling.

Garcia Bronco
10-11-2011, 08:08 PM
actually what he stated was that with a running QB like tebow that it's stunts the growth of TEs & WRs because rather than being out there running routes & getting experience,they are being held back to block for tebow.

That will make them tougher though.

Archer81
10-11-2011, 08:16 PM

Yup. I'm sure the 5-7 plays a game that will be designed QB keeps will totally offset the 3 months of progress the WR's and TE's have made...