PDA

View Full Version : Tebow officially the starter

Pages : [1] 2

Goobzilla
10-11-2011, 07:17 AM
Fox announced Tebow the starter to the team. Per Jay Glazier.

jhns
10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
:yayaya:

Finally, the team can start moving in a good direction!

edog24
10-11-2011, 07:18 AM
nice.

Man-Goblin
10-11-2011, 07:19 AM
Per Josina Anderson!

JosinaAnderson Breaking News: The #Broncos have named Tim Tebow the starting QB at this time.

fontaine
10-11-2011, 07:19 AM
inb4 Fox is tearing this team appaaaaaaaart!!

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Getting in before the weeping orgasms of joy.

Chris
10-11-2011, 07:22 AM
http://sacrosanctgospel.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/leonard.jpg

Kaylore
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
I said from the beginning that Orton would play his way out of the starting position. I expected it to be a few games later, but this makes plenty of sense.

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 07:23 AM
http://sacrosanctgospel.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/leonard.jpg

Don't use the king for your vile, cultish purposes. ;)

HooptyHoops
10-11-2011, 07:24 AM
Rock on! We have something to look forward to watching!! While I'm not a huge Tebow fan, my hope is he becomes a dominating QB for our Broncos! Let's Go!!

WolfpackGuy
Far from convinced Teboz is the answer, but now I have a reason to watch the games again!

LOL

BroncoInferno
Like SoCal said the other day, Fox didn't have the political collateral to do otherwise.

Goobzilla
10-11-2011, 07:25 AM
It was really the only move that could be made. Now Orton will get 6.18 million of his 9 million dollar salary to ride the pine. Wish we could have dealt him before the season.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 07:26 AM
They were talking about it on First Take and from what Skip Bayless heard of Elway's comments on Tebow being made the starter today it sounded like Elway was acting like this was being forced on the organization by the fans and it is the fans fault for hating on Orton that he he played so poorly...

Skip said he believes the organization wants to see Tebow fail.. skip also said he doesn't think the players believe in Tebow either and they are all wrong to doubt Tebow.. they are lucky to have him.

If they aren't going to let Tebow play his game he will fail IMO.

Chris
10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
He's got 10 more games to show he's at least on the right track and by that I mean improved accuracy and timing in the passing game. I really don't know how Tebow does with his reads.

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Like SoCal said the other day, Fox didn't have the political collateral to do otherwise.

Could you imagine how Bronco Country would have reacted if Fox came out and said, "Orton is the starter?" Could you imagine the Mane? It would have gone nukular, as Bush used to say.

maher_tyler
10-11-2011, 07:30 AM

It's on ESPN.com as well..i figured he'd get his first start after the bye in Miami or the following game in Denver. It was a matter of time with the way Orton was playing.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Could you imagine how Bronco Country would have reacted if Fox came out and said, "Orton is the starter?" Could you imagine the Mane? It would have gone nukular, as Bush used to say.

Yeah, yeah!! Or, like Obama saying that asthmatics use a 'breathalyzer'!

TheReverend
10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Any other breaking news from "no-****.com"?

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2011, 07:33 AM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7770/tebowner.jpg

SUPER SERIOUS NEWS IS SUPER SERIOUS

Looking forward to our extra home game in two weeks.

mikey555
10-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Finally!!!!

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Any other breaking news from "no-****.com"?

I don't think anything is obvious with EFX....

If it was, Orton never would have been made starter in the first place..

maher_tyler
10-11-2011, 07:37 AM
They were talking about it on First Take and from what Skip Bayless heard of Elway's comments on Tebow being made the starter today it sounded like Elway was acting like this was being forced on the organization by the fans and it is the fans fault for hating on Orton that he he played so poorly...

Skip said he believes the organization wants to see Tebow fail.. skip also said he doesn't think the players believe in Tebow either and they are all wrong to doubt Tebow.. they are lucky to have him.

I find this hard to believe. Orton has sucked his entire career. It's not like this season is some bad luck and can't catch a break. Last season and this past Sunday, the team seemed to play with more fire when Tebow was playing.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 07:40 AM
Can we revisit the theory that one poster mentioned earlier.....that EFX were 1-1-1 on Tebow starting? Meaning that 1 wanted him to start, 1 didn't, and 1 wasn't sure.

If Xanders, the retard in the room, plays politician and is the "unsure" guy...that makes sense.

But for Fox and Elway.....I was first thinking that Fox was the "no" and Elway was the "yes"....but Elway wasn't going to tell coach what to do. Also, Elway saw similar improvisational skilss in Tebow, etc....and that's why Elway liked him.

Is it becoming more clear now, perhaps, that Elway was the "no" (likes Luck)....and Fox was the "yes" all along? After all, Fox way back in TC did say he wanted a "gamer"......

In short, is it now ELWAY caving to the fans......and not Fox.....in reality, Fox is getting what he wants?

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 07:41 AM
I find this hard to believe. Orton has sucked his entire career. It's not like this season is some bad luck and can't catch a break. Last season and this past Sunday, the team seemed to play with more fire when Tebow was playing.

I don't think Elway and fox and many of Orton's supporters realize how great McD made Orton look. I always felt that way about Orton..

Elway and Fox seemed to think that by simplifying the offense and improving the run game it would make Orton look better.. when in reality it just highlighted his weaknesses even more.

TheDave
10-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Here we go... Not sure if it's going to work, but it's gonna be real interesting to watch.

Now, does the team have the guts and creativity to use him right?

ol#7
10-11-2011, 07:43 AM
Been joking about this at work today, but I have come to expect the unexpected with this team and to be dissapointed. I actually let out a sigh of relief that were not going back to Orton.

Can the front office stop throwing the fans under the bus though? Geez, like this is the only city that has ever clamored for their 1st rnd QB to get on the field. FO pisses me off with some of these comments.

fontaine
10-11-2011, 07:44 AM
Can we revisit the theory that one poster mentioned earlier.....that EFX were 1-1-1 on Tebow starting? Meaning that 1 wanted him to start, 1 didn't, and 1 wasn't sure.

If Xanders, the retard in the room, plays politician and is the "unsure" guy...that makes sense.

But for Fox and Elway.....I was first thinking that Fox was the "no" and Elway was the "yes"....but Elway wasn't going to tell coach what to do. Also, Elway saw similar improvisational skilss in Tebow, etc....and that's why Elway liked him.

Is it becoming more clear now, perhaps, that Elway was the "no" (likes Luck)....and Fox was the "yes" all along? After all, Fox way back in TC did say he wanted a "gamer"......

In short, is it now ELWAY caving to the fans......and not Fox.....in reality, Fox is getting what he wants?

Uhm, no. Elways said he "heard" about Tebow getting the call in the 2nd half just as the team walked in through the tunnel so obviously he wasn't asked/consulted or said anything about it.

Pony Boy

TheChamp24
http://www.frumsatire.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/jizz-in-my-pants-jewish-300x222.jpg

gtown
10-11-2011, 07:45 AM

I'm thinking it may be Xanders for Tebow, Elway against, and Fox the one on the fence.

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Here we go... Not sure if it's going to work, but it's gonna be real interesting to watch.

Now, does the team have the guts and creativity to use him right?

Or will they have to dumb down the offense for him?

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 07:46 AM

Yeah, I'm gonna have to hear/read Elway's comments for myself before taking Skippy's word for it.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Good news. Looking forward to a low-drama orange mane.

What am I saying? That'll never happen.

TonyR
10-11-2011, 07:48 AM
Far from convinced Teboz is the answer, but now I have a reason to watch the games again!

That's where I'm at. Perfectly set up first start for him: in Miami the day they honor the 2009 Florida Gators team. (anyone know why the Dolphins are doing this, by the way?!?)

fontaine
10-11-2011, 07:49 AM

Why do you say that?

I haven't see anything from Tebow that makes me believe he's too dumb to grasp a complex offense given enough time/practice.

BroncoBuff
10-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Xanders can't have strong opinions, he's survived three regimes here = no opinion
Fox said "we tried IT," meaning Tebow = anti
John has said some good things = for

Xanders = on fence
Elway = For
Fox = Against

But this is a dumb topic.

fontaine
10-11-2011, 07:51 AM
That's where I'm at. Perfectly set up first start for him: in Miami the day they honor the 2009 Florida Gators team. (anyone know why the Dolphins are doing this, by the way?!?)

Wouldn't you be celebrating if your team narrowly avoided disaster (by coming a neckbeard's hair away from trading for orton?)

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM

I don't get the impression that Tebow struggles with his progressions or making the right read; it's his accuracy that seems to be the issue. There were a couple of plays Sunday where he threw to the open man, but the ball was off target. On the other hand, Orton was having the same problem through 5 games. Not like he was threading the ball like a surgeon.

ol#7
10-11-2011, 07:52 AM
I actually wish we werent on a bye this week. I cant wait for more Bronco football! Damn this is refreshing (until we find out Josh missed on this pic too).

Hope. Feels damn good!

bowtown
10-11-2011, 07:57 AM

It doesn't matter what they do. Around here, if Tebow fails Fox and company will get all the blame for "not using him right," whether they play to his strengths or not. We are already seeing the WRs getting thrown under the bus, I expect the Oline to be next. If Tebow fails it will be everone's fault but Tebow's. If Tebow succeeds it will be entirely because of Tebow. It's a win-win for Timmy.

ScottXray
10-11-2011, 07:57 AM

They also played Elways actual comments after that and as usual Bayliss was over the top. Elway did mention the fan sentiment , but not as the reason. He said that the record ( 1-4) along with the pressure that the fan sentiment put on Orton had been tough for Orton to take. So he basically said the reason was Ortons poor results without throwing KO completely under the bus.

Bayliss may be right that Elway and Fox don't like Tebow because he is not in their Longterm plans...and if they don't modify the offense to take advantage of Tebows strengths then they will sabotage his chances. But I don't think they are that stupid, and they still want to win games, and not split the team.

Tebow is now the starter until he shows otherwise, and the other players ALSO want to win. They will know if the game plan is designed to kill Tebows chances, and THAT kind of a ploy is SURe to cause team disunity. Who would want to play for a staff that deliberately tries to sabotage a player?

The future is NOW. They have to make the best of it.

Carmelo15
10-11-2011, 07:58 AM
I'm thinking it may be Xanders for Tebow, Elway against, and Fox the one on the fence.

Xanders would have no say. He's just the GM his job is to get the best 53 guys for Fox to coach. Fox ultimately decides who plays with input from Elway. Fox seems to value the opinions of his coaching staff as well.

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2011, 07:58 AM
<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p8N143GPXzM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 07:59 AM

In some ways you can dumb down the offense.. which is a great thing. NFL offenses having to be so complex to gain an edge hinders your offense at some point and shows the weaknesses of the passing game.

Tebow is so dominant when playing his style you don't need that convoluted offense.

The complexity in Tebow's style comes with all the things you can do with his added abilities.. which is fa superior to a convoluted but ineffective offense..

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:01 AM
It doesn't matter what they do. Around here, if Tebow fails Fox and company will get all the blame for "not using him right," whether they play to his strengths or not. We are already seeing the WRs getting thrown under the bus, I expect the Oline to be next. If Tebow fails it will be everone's fault but Tebow's. If Tebow succeeds it will be entirely because of Tebow. It's a win-win for Timmy.

It sure shows how stupid Orton, or any player, is for not caring what the fans think.

It will be the same way with the Tebow haters. A lot will be realistic. This is how reality works.

hookemhess
10-11-2011, 08:02 AM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Fans_war_face.gif

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Why do you say that?

I haven't see anything from Tebow that makes me believe he's too dumb to grasp a complex offense given enough time/practice.

Can Fox stay with a pocket QB run offense, like he's been running under Orton, or does he have to switch to some form of a run oriented spread-option for Tebow? Obviously, the roll-out hasn't been on the menu much with Orton. I'll be interested to see if Tebow can read an NFL defense. So far, he seems to go through about one progression and then take off while his receivers scramble to make up a play. Dirt-lot football is fun to watch. I don't think it takes you to the playoffs.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 08:03 AM
Xanders can't have strong opinions, he's survived three regimes here = no opinion
Fox said "we tried IT," meaning Tebow = anti
John has said some good things = for

Xanders = on fence
Elway = For
Fox = Against

But this is a dumb topic.

Yeah, it is somewhat dumb......but it would still make me more comfortable if Elway were the one "for" Tebow. That would me less of a chance we draft Luck, imo.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM
They will know if the game plan is designed to kill Tebows chances, and THAT kind of a ploy is SURe to cause team disunity. Who would want to play for a staff that deliberately tries to sabotage a player?

It's so easy to rationalize it though because they can say to themselves "we can't let our QB be put in a position to take unnecessary hits"

So they force him to stay in the pocket and play a style he isn't suited for right out of the gates...

Durango
10-11-2011, 08:05 AM
I am excited for the first time in a while. I was among those who defended Orton almost to the last errant throw, but it really is Tebow time, and it's exciting to see what this kid can do.

Maybe he's not in the long-term plans for this franchise, but if he shows enough, he could be worth substantial draft stock, especially to a team looking to fill seats.

If he excels, then Denver can concentrate on building up that defense.

This is a good situation for the Broncos. Here's hoping it works for everyone involved.

Miss I.
10-11-2011, 08:06 AM
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one."

Go get em Tim, show everyone what you and the Broncos can do.

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 08:06 AM

That's going to be the other issue, the Oline. They're a young group, just starting to gel. Now they get a QB who is going to start taking off on them. Either that, or the coaches put in a new scheme to create a more fluid pocket and they have to start learning new blocking assignments. For the blockers, this is going to be a whole new game.

maher_tyler
10-11-2011, 08:07 AM

Hilarious!Hilarious!

One of the better gifs i've seen...

srphoenix
10-11-2011, 08:08 AM
good time for the bye week but I wish I could watch the Broncos this weekend. Last weeks second half was the most fun I've had watching football all year including the Bronco Packer game I was at. Gonna get to watch some GB2 in Minnesota late in the year. Go Broncos, soo happy to have Tebow leading the team.

oubronco
10-11-2011, 08:08 AM
Let the jizzfest commence

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:09 AM
That's going to be the other issue, the Oline. They're a young group, just starting to gel. Now they get a QB who is going to start taking off on them. Either that, or the coaches put in a new scheme to create a more fluid pocket and they have to start learning new blocking assignments. For the blockers, this is going to be a whole new game.

It will be good for them if Tebow ends up being the future though. Teach them to not get down field too fast while they are young.

Goobzilla
10-11-2011, 08:10 AM
So is Orton 2 or 3 now on the depth chart? Or is it listed as Brady Quinn or Kyle Orton in our quest to be clever...you know for the "competitive advantage"

srphoenix

I think it will pay dividends for the O-Line, remember back when Cutler was the QB, our O-line almost had a record for least number of sacks for a season, Timmy won't get hammered back there nearly as quickly as Orton was. I think we'll see Clady putting up pro bowl performances again, even more so than he was with Orton behind him.

Captain 'Dre
It was really the only move that could be made. Now Orton will get 6.18 million of his 9 million dollar salary to ride the pine. Wish we could have dealt him before the season.

The whole pre-season aborted trade to the Dolphins looks like that much MORE of a custerfluck now.

"We're trading Kyle... No, wait. On second thought, he's our starter... for the first five games of the season. Then we'll bench him."

Seriously, it calls into question the vision of the front office. As it is, it looks like they had NO plan, and NO foresight.

MacGruder
Can Fox stay with a pocket QB run offense, like he's been running under Orton, or does he have to switch to some form of a run oriented spread-option for Tebow? Obviously, the roll-out hasn't been on the menu much with Orton.[

I think you just use it as necessary.. I would use things heavily suited to Tebow early on and as he gets more comfortable then you start adding more conventional elements..

I'll be interested to see if Tebow can read an NFL defense. So far, he seems to go through about one progression and then take off while his receivers scramble to make up a play. Dirt-lot football is fun to watch. I don't think it takes you to the playoffs.

I think you are looking at this wrong.. this is an example of people highlighting things Tebow does because they have been conditioned to look for negatives.. Tebow may make reads like that but he is likely reading WHERE the defense is focused on defending.. when he sees openings OR when the play just goes wrong he runs.. but he does this to take the defense off balance. Once the defense is off balance and forced to do what he wants he can then exploit them easily passing the ball. It;s all about forcing the defense to give him what he wants.. I think this is why Tebow is so much more successful than Orton.. Orton reacts to the defense rather than causing the defense to react to him.. the difference is IMMENSE.. Tebow is in control of the defense.. the opposing defense is in control of Orton.

srphoenix
10-11-2011, 08:13 AM
Agreed, he's got the Rothelisburger effect where the plays never quite over, this allows him more time to go through reads and be more effective at those reads early on. He's still a rookie essentially meaning his reads will progress faster as the year goes on.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 08:14 AM
Bring back the WCO and SRO

BroncoBuff
10-11-2011, 08:18 AM
And the ZBS and AFL

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 08:19 AM
I guarantee you one thing, the defensive coordinators of every team the Broncos are going to face the rest of the year will stuff the box until Tebow shows he can make something happen through the air.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 08:20 AM
The future is NOW. They have to make the best of it.

Carpe diem!!!

bpc
10-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Finally something fun to root for on offense. Should pair up nicely with McGahee in Florida.

Bigdawg26
10-11-2011, 08:24 AM
I say why the hell not! It's not like we were going to the playoffs with Orton! Let's see what the kid can do. It will at least be hilarious to see him out there, and Orton laughing on the bench.

dbfan21
10-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Yesss! Regardless of what people may think here, this will infuse a shot of energy into our home crowd. The first home game after our road trip will be awesome!

BroncoBen
Naming Tebow the starter is good news.. now Bronco Nation can see what he can do in the NFL. Hopefully people will temper any remarks about Tebow's development with a lack of a pre-season, etc.

Lets see if Tebow improves, stands in the pocket, makes the good throws, runs out of bounds instead of looking for contact.

I am sure many will say this is what makes Tebow, the 'intangibles'.. well I say this is what is going to get Tebow hurt.

MacGruder
I guarantee you one thing, the defensive coordinators of every team the Broncos are going to face the rest of the year will stuff the box until Tebow shows he can make something happen through the air.

Why didn't they do that in Tebow's first three starts last season? He put up record breaking numbers even with everyone knowing he was going to run.

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Tebow has a pretty good deep ball. You can't stack the box too much.

WolfpackGuy
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
I wonder what Miami sent Denver once the announcement was made.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2011, 08:27 AM
How do you game-plan improvisation?

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Tebow has a pretty good deep ball. You can't stack the box too much.

You can until he shows the accuracy to consistently take advantage of man coverage.

montrose
10-11-2011, 08:30 AM
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/101/408/107785864_crop_650x440.jpg?1293984136

Lets do this thing.

The Joker
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/sweetjesus.png

strafen
10-11-2011, 08:32 AM
I'm very happy with the decision. There really was not much choice.
Now, the question is, are the Broncos make a commitment to Tebow in terms of patience?
I know he's going to struggle some, until he finds his groove.
I just don't want the organization to pull the guy out prematurely.
that said, I think this is an opportunity Tebow will make the best of.
I believe Tebow will have success and I'm looking forward to see his career finally take off.

Tebow possesses way too many intagibles, and has a wealth of talent that would trump anything being said by the experts any day of the week.
That's going to be the key of his success.
Be ready to start watching exciting football, and new ways to win games.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
And the ZBS and AFL

And the Boston Rag... ;D

fontaine
10-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Can Fox stay with a pocket QB run offense, like he's been running under Orton, or does he have to switch to some form of a run oriented spread-option for Tebow? Obviously, the roll-out hasn't been on the menu much with Orton. I'll be interested to see if Tebow can read an NFL defense. So far, he seems to go through about one progression and then take off while his receivers scramble to make up a play. Dirt-lot football is fun to watch. I don't think it takes you to the playoffs.

I disagree. Tebow actually stayed long enough to look for his targets. It wasn't as if he left the pocket immediately after making his first read.

I think it's best not to over analyze two quarters of play where he came in cold from the sidelines without hardly any prep/practice.

I don't think he's dumb, you don't have the kind of success against SEC defenses if you've got issues understanding the playbook, well usually anyway.

He's just got to go through the same learning process as any other young QB has to in terms of adjusting to NFL speed and being able to adjust to complex plays and formations.

In terms of game speed though, there's no doubt the guy is capable of making very quick decisions.

I mean, he called an audible on that first TD when he saw the defense loaded towards the strong side and audibled left.

BroncoJoe
10-11-2011, 08:34 AM
http://www.baynews9.com/images/apimages/Chargers_Broncos_Football.sff-184b62eb-c352-4a42-8b55-3764f46c3dc4.jpg

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:35 AM
You can until he shows the accuracy to consistently take advantage of man coverage.

They will try. It may work if they are getting to him fast on passes. He is still good at throwing deep and that can be used to back them off. This is what he has done in college and his first three starts here.

Play2win

I think the box is going to be less stacked for sure, because Tebow can actually deliver the ball deep.

strafen
How do you game-plan improvisation?You can't prepare for a God given talent...

fontaine
10-11-2011, 08:38 AM

That's actually one part of his game I wouldn't worry about.

He's got a decent long ball and we've got the physical, big WRs like Decker/Lloyd that do a great job adjusting.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 08:39 AM

Guess you didn't see the 2 completions for 50 yards in 23 seconds?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm very happy with the decision. There really was not much choice.
Now, the question is, are the Broncos make a commitment to Tebow in terms of patience?
I know he's going to struggle some, until he finds his groove.
I just don't want the organization to pull the guy out prematurely.
that said, I think this is an opportunity Tebow will make the best of.
I believe Tebow will have success and I'm looking forward to see his career finally take off.

Tebow possesses way too many intagibles, and has a wealth of talent that would trump anything being said by the experts any day of the week.
That's going to be the key of his success.
Be ready to start watching exciting football, and new ways to win games.

Barring injury, I think Tebow's the guy for the rest of the year. Don't think they'll be quick to pull him.

jhns
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5t8QnCNPwfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uO3jF6p_2aU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBen
You can't prepare for a God given talent...

LOL... OKAY.

No it will be intresting seeing teams game plan for Tebow, and to see how he handels it. Teams will stack the box and force him to throw.. expect to see alot of shotgun.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I think Decker, Lloyd, McGahee, Moreno will complement Tebow rather nicely. And vice-versa.

Now, only if we could get an athletic, wide-open running TE, with the great natural talent of a pass-catcher.

Taco John
10-11-2011, 08:44 AM
I don't think anything is obvious with EFX....

If it was, Orton never would have been made starter in the first place..

You don't have a solid grasp of team politics. The lockerroom was behind Orton whether any of us like it or not. That makes it really hard for a coach - especially a new, incoming coach. This played out the best it possibly could have without Fox losing the locker room. Whether anyone likes it or not, what has happened is pretty close to being the best case scenario.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2011, 08:45 AM

Yeah, i dont really think this is how you play Tim. He not only can deliver the deep ball, he loves taking shots with it.

If I'm a defensive coordinator prepping for the Broncos, I make sure Tim has decisions to make, so I'm not rushing many (and I'm spying him) and im disguising zones. I'm gonna make him fit balls into windows. If you blitz him and force him to 1) not think and to 2) allow him to key in on one read, you're really doing him a favor because this is where he excels. Also, if you blitz him and he breaks the pocket (which he's very good at doing), he'll run it on you.

But if you drop back and make him go through progressions, he currently panics, runs around alot, and ultimately throws an incompletion. I think this is something he'll improve upon with time, but right now this is the case.

go_broncos
10-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Thank you Fox.Finally, you made good decision.
Can't wait for the next game

GO BRONCOS

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 08:48 AM
I disagree. Tebow actually stayed long enough to look for his targets. It wasn't as if he left the pocket immediately after making his first read.

I think it's best not to over analyze two quarters of play where he came in cold from the sidelines without hardly any prep/practice.

I don't think he's dumb, you don't have the kind of success against SEC defenses if you've got issues understanding the playbook, well usually anyway.

He's just got to go through the same learning process as any other young QB has to in terms of adjusting to NFL speed and being able to adjust to complex plays and formations.

In terms of game speed though, there's no doubt the guy is capable of making very quick decisions.

I mean, he called an audible on that first TD when he saw the defense loaded towards the strong side and audibled left.

We'll see. I already know it's going to be a lot more entertaining than watching Orton-ball. I just want to know if Tebow is a long range solution to the Broncos QB question, or a novelty act. Given the good QBs coming out next year (especially Luck), the Broncos at least have the majority of a season left to decide.

Frankly, I wouldn't want twenty years of a Favre type experience - lots of excitement, lots of crazy ass turnovers, lots of drama, and one SB win. If that's how it ends up looking at the end of this year, I'd rather the team go for somebody who can bring us more of a Brady type experience - machine like dependability and three SB wins. ;D

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 08:49 AM
I said from the beginning that Orton would play his way out of the starting position. I expected it to be a few games later, but this makes plenty of sense.

I think a lot of us said this. Why, because we have all seen Orton and we all knew he was not the answer.

barryr
10-11-2011, 08:51 AM
I believed Tebow should have been the starter since the start of the season, but that's me. The fans will have more interest in watching games than they did with Orton at QB. Orton was in the shot gun a lot no matter the down, so I don't see how the offense has to change that much with Tebow.

But talk about stupid **** going around though in the media. "Oh, the Broncos want Tebow to fail because they don't think he is any good." For one, you don't bother having a player on your roster if you don't think he can play. Plus, you don't play a player you don't like and hope he fails, which means you very likely lose games in the process. Nobody with that mentality should be involved in running any kind of business, much less an NFL team if that stupid.

schaaf
I think Decker, Lloyd, McGahee, Moreno will complement Tebow rather nicely. And vice-versa.

Now, only if we could get an athletic, wide-open running TE, with the great natural talent of a pass-catcher.

Hopefully Julius Thomas will be back after the bye

TheDave
You don't have a solid grasp of team politics. The lockerroom was behind Orton whether any of us like it or not. That makes it really hard for a coach - especially a new, incoming coach. This played out the best it possibly could have without Fox losing the locker room. Whether anyone likes it or not, what has happened is pretty close to being the best case scenario.

^

HorseHead
10-11-2011, 08:52 AM
kind of picking up on "strafen"'s thread.....

how many games does the kid need to win to be here next year...(no wiseass, "all of 'em" comments either)...be honest..

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 08:53 AM

I think the only reason the locker room was in jeopardy though was because they didn't prepare Tebow properly for the season.. I don't believe the coaches wanted to start Tebow and the players didn't..

It doesn't make sense that the locker room is more for Orton when the team played much more inspired ball last season and this season when Tebow started..

Crushaholic
10-11-2011, 08:54 AM
He's got a decent long ball and we've got the physical, big WRs like Decker/Lloyd that do a great job adjusting.

So does Orton. Now, it's up to Tebow to make better decisions. That is/was Orton's weakness...

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:55 AM

how many games does the kid need to win to be here next year...(no wiseass, "all of 'em" comments either)...be honest..

This is his first year starting and second in the league. This was a 4-12 team. The team is 1-4 now. I don't think the end record will matter. He just needs to show enough that it looks like a good idea to go forward with him. If we get the top pick, Elway may not pass on Luck.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 08:56 AM
I think the only reason the locker room was in jeopardy though was because they didn't prepare Tebow properly for the season.. I don't believe the coaches wanted to start Tebow and the players did..

It doesn't make sense that the locker room is more for Orton when the team played much more inspired ball last season and this season when Tebow started..

Well, regardless.....I think most of us agree that the FO mishandled the QB situation. I mean....for Orton to go from trade bait, to starter, to bench rider all in a span of 8 weeks.......come on.

BroncoBuff
Best news in a long time.

Look to the future, let bygones be bygones.

(But waive Orton)

TheDave

IMO, He needs to get us out of the reach of the top 2, maybe 3 QBs coming out of the draft.

I think 4 or 5 might get that done

Archer81
LOL... OKAY.

No it will be intresting seeing teams game plan for Tebow, and to see how he handels it. Teams will stack the box and force him to throw.. expect to see alot of shotgun.

Teams used to try and stack the box against Elway to force him to throw when he was a little baby quarterback...fat lot of good that did.

:Broncos:

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 08:57 AM
Frankly, I wouldn't want twenty years of a Favre type experience - lots of excitement, lots of crazy ass turnovers, lots of drama, and one SB win. If that's how it ends up looking at the end of this year, I'd rather the team go for somebody who can bring us more of a Brady type experience - machine like dependability and three SB wins. ;D

Dude.. I think you are giving Fave way too little credit..

Favre raised that franchise to what it is and Rodgers benefited from it.. the only reason that team fit's Rodgers so well is because Favre and him were so alike. Rodgers also had the perfect guy to pattern his game on. Let's put it this way.. imagine if Favre had a Favre before him.. he would

jhns
10-11-2011, 08:58 AM

It doesn't really matter what the locker room wants. I doubt they all have the same opinions anyways. The coach needs to do what is best for the team. The coach needs to give the team the best chance to win. That is how you really get guys to follow you.

Lets hope we start winning some now. At the very least, we know Orton isn't in furture plans. That is good enough for me.

barryr
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
As others have stated, it won't be the number of wins as how he plays that will determine if he is seen as a legit starter for the future. The lockerroom may have been in Orton's corner to start the year, but I doubt there are that many still wanting him as QB. If nothing else, total uninspiring play by Orton did not help his cause.

rocket88
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM

On his weekly Monday morning radio spot with Vic and Gary, it was clear that Elway isn't pleased.....

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?inf_user_session=4efbcf5834d8beddbac95f20 2f3f86ea#

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Yeah, i dont really think this is how you play Tim. He not only can deliver the deep ball, he loves taking shots with it.

If I'm a defensive coordinator prepping for the Broncos, I make sure Tim has decisions to make, so I'm not rushing many (and I'm spying him) and im disguising zones. I'm gonna make him fit balls into windows. If you blitz him and force him to 1) not think and to 2) allow him to key in on one read, you're really doing him a favor because this is where he excels. Also, if you blitz him and he breaks the pocket (which he's very good at doing), he'll run it on you.

But if you drop back and make him go through progressions, he currently panics, runs around alot, and ultimately throws an incompletion. I think this is something he'll improve upon with time, but right now this is the case.

Good take. I guess it would depend on how confident you are in your CBs, as far as the man coverage thing goes. I can't believe people were talking about getting rid of Lloyd. Tebow is really going to need receivers who can go after the ball no matter where it is. I can see what you're saying and I agree to an extent. I'm sure DCs are going to be running all sorts of coverage disguises on Tim. You know how baseball managers always make decisions based on the odds? The odds are that Tebow is going to hurt you more on the ground than going deep. No doubt they'll change it up according to down and distance, but I still think your first job will be to take away Tebow's ground game. That's his strength.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Dude.. I think you are giving Fave way too little credit..

Favre raised that franchise to what it is and Rodgers benefited from it.. the only reason that team fit's Rodgers so well is because Favre and him were so alike. Rodgers also had the perfect guy to pattern his game on. Let's put it this way.. imagine if Favre had a Favre before him.. he would

Exactly. Elway ball was similar to Favre ball.....and Elway one 2 SB's while Favre won 1. I was close to being 2 for Favre, and 1 for Elway. So, I don't understand the comment that he doesn't want 15 years of Favre type football.

I loved the Elway years....they were exciting as hell....and it made the few Superbowls we won that much more "valuable" as a fan.

As far as having a machine-like Brady with 3 SB's......I'll pass.....I'd rather have had the Elway years. Pats fans "expect" to win now.....and that makes them arrogant as all ****.

TheDave
On his weekly Monday morning radio spot with Vic and Gary, it was clear that Elway isn't pleased.....

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?inf_user_session=4efbcf5834d8beddbac95f20 2f3f86ea#

Wow... no he isn't.

EDIT: In fairness after listening to the entire thing Elway seemed to warm up as the interview went on. His irratation could have come from anything.

MacGruder
The odds are that Tebow is going to hurt you more on the ground than going deep. No doubt they'll change it up according to down and distance, but I still think your first job will be to take away Tebow's ground game. That's his strength.

I disagree.. if Tebow was a weak passer he would never have been able to run. This was true in college as well. His ability to pass is what opens his running.

I think the way to beat Tebow is to out score him and try to keep him on the bench like Alabama did. He is a conservative passer.. he is kind of a control freak and plays a grinding style.

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 09:09 AM

Transcript?

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:10 AM

WTF! This concerns me. Why the **** would Elway NOT want Tim to start? Jesus, you'd think he'd see alot of his characteristics in Tim. Extremely competitive, athletic, improvisational skills....etc.

Tankgunner95
10-11-2011, 09:12 AM
I know we are 1-4. But I'm very motivated for the Miami. Kind of like a start of a new season.

jhns
10-11-2011, 09:23 AM

I just listened and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 09:25 AM
WTF! This concerns me. Why the **** would Elway NOT want Tim to start? Jesus, you'd think he'd see alot of his characteristics in Tim. Extremely competitive, athletic, improvisational skills....etc.

Because the team is right at this moment at a crucial point. What has happened the last few years has left this team in wreckage. McDaniels grabbed Tebow on his way out the door and left him in Elway's lap. Face the facts, if Tebow is going to be the face of the Broncos franchise for the next fifteen years, then Elway and the rest of the FO are put in a position of designing a team around him.

From the way Elway sounds to me (in other words, IMHO), he did not want to go in that direction. He had something else in mind. He wants to build the kind of team he ran in '98 and '99. Most people want to go with the type of plan that gave them the most success. Like John has said, "You win championships from the pocket." Now the entire fanbase is screaming at him, "Tebow! Tebow! Tebow!"

If Tebow is the future, then Elway has to ask himself, is Fox the right coach? We have a brand new Oline. Is it the right one for a future with Tebow? Will Tebow ever be the kind of accurate passer from the pocket that John envisioned for this team when he took the job? It's a whole new can of worms being opened.

bowtown
10-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Transcript?

"I'm just hoping the team fans get what they want out of Jim Tebone. I think with a vet like Kyle Gordon, you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in the end we really felt we had to make the move to Gazeebo for a number of reasons."

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:28 AM
"I'm just hoping the team fans get what they want out of Jim Tebone. I think with a vet like Kyle Gordon, you want to give him the benefit of the doubt, but in the end we really felt we had to make the move to Gazeebo for a number of reasons."

:spit:

TonyR
10-11-2011, 09:31 AM
...if Tebow is going to be the face of the Broncos franchise for the next fifteen years, then Elway and the rest of the FO are put in a position of designing a team around him...

Yup, good post. Tebow might be good enough to win enough games to knock us out of the Luck sweepstakes, but not good enough to sell the FO that he's the future. Which puts the whole organization in purgatory, which I suppose is better than the hell we're in now...

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 09:32 AM

Fox and Elway are terrified of having to figure out how to coach Tebow because he is so unconventional.. I think the players are afraid of this, too. Fox and Elway just don't have the ability to adapt to such a unique player. It's SCARY to them... NFL people are not creative or risk takers..

Plus I think the media negativity affects everyone..

I think Elway should have Fox focus on the defense and bring in some offensive genius as Offensive coordinator.. someone like McD.. LOL

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Fox and Elway are terrified of having to figure out how to coach Tebow because he is so unconventional.. I think the players are afraid of this, too. Fox and Elway just don't have the ability to adapt to such a unique player. It's SCARY to them... NFL people are not creative or risk takers..

Which then begs the question why is Tebow even on the team then? It isn't Tebow's fault Orton did not perform well and if the trade had gone down of Orton to Miami before the season, who was going to start at QB? Quinn? I doubt it.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:36 AM

I think Elway should have Fox focus on the defense and bring in some offensive genius as Offensive coordinator.. someone like McD.. LOL

I'd like to have John Gruden (ducks for cover).

Seriously, though, he loves Tebow....and knew how to coach an offense and coach up QBs. He turned Gannon into an all-pro.

strafen
10-11-2011, 09:38 AM
LOL... OKAY.

Tell me, how's that a bad thing?
That's his strength, throwing from the gun, ain't it?.
elway said yesterday, the running game will not be affected by that.

Broncos4Life
10-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Anyone hear the football expert John Clayton say that Tebow is the 3rd best QB on the roster a few minutes ago?

What a ****in moron!

TheDave
10-11-2011, 09:41 AM
FWIW... Just listened to the audio of Glazer. for some reason his connection seemed off in the begining but I think that Glazer said John Fox absolutely loves Tebow... made it sound like playing him was soley Fox's decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823089a0/article/broncos-fox-tells-players-tebow-to-start-at-qb-vs-fins?module=HP11_headline_stack

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2011, 09:42 AM
Anyone hear the football expert John Clayton say that Tebow is the 3rd best QB on the roster a few minutes ago?

What a ****in moron!

In shorts he's probably right...but last time i checked, football is a full contact sport.

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Yup, good post. Tebow might be good enough to win enough games to knock us out of the Luck sweepstakes, but not good enough to sell the FO that he's the future. Which puts the whole organization in purgatory, which I suppose is better than the hell we're in now...

I've wondered if their concern with Tebow isn't that he's going to suck, but that he'll be just good enough (and, perhaps more importantly, exciting enough) to where they couldn't justify seeking out a replacement, but not good enough to win a championship with. Maybe they see him as a guy you can get to the playoffs with, maybe pull a game out of his ass here and there, but not good enough to take the final step. Similar to the Falcons with Vick. Guy was exciting, won a good percentage of his games, even won a playoff game or two, but eventually someone would keep him in the pocket and his inaccuracy (55% career passer) would come back to haunt them. I wonder if EFX doesn't evision things playing out in similar fashion with Tebow. He'll be just good enough and exciting enough to where you can't justify seeking a replacement, but not good enough to go all the way. Like you said, a kind of purgatory. Not saying I agree with that view, but I wonder if that isn't the concern of the front office.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:43 AM
FWIW... Just listened to the audio of Glazer. for some reason his connection seemed off in the begining but I think that Glazer said John Fox absolutely loves Tebow... made it sound like playing him was soley Fox's decision.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823089a0/article/broncos-fox-tells-players-tebow-to-start-at-qb-vs-fins?module=HP11_headline_stack

This is what I'm thinking now. Fox is pro-Tebow.....Elway is pro-Luck.

The 2012 draft will be interesting.

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Anyone know about Tebow's contract and about the bonus if he plays a certain number of games or whatever that is again? Elway can be pro Luck all he wants, but unless the Broncos lose out, I don't see him coming to the Broncos.

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Hmmm...interesting. My assumption was that in Woody's 1-1-1 formula that Fox would be the one against. My reasoning was simply that Elway has made comments in the past about not meddling with the head coaches decisions, so then by default Fox would have to be the "no", otherwise Tebow would be playing. But maybe Fox was the "yes" vote, but let Elway and/or Xanders talk him out of it. I have a hard time buying that scenario, though. Frankly, it would make me think less of Fox if he allowed the front office to influence his decision making process.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 09:48 AM

The worst team in the league will have the #1 pick and I seriously doubt that team will be the Broncos. If EFX wants to continue to build this team through the draft, they cannot trade up to the #1 pick to get Luck. I'm pretty sure the Broncos will probably draft in the top 10, but I doubt they will be in the top 5. There's no way the Broncos can afford to trade from let's say #9 to #1 without giving up a boat load of draft picks.

TheDave
10-11-2011, 09:49 AM

Yep... Maybe all tebow really needs to do is win enough games to make getting Luck too expensive.

I hope that is what glazer really said. As stubborn as John Fox might be exactly what Tebow needs to have the time to develop.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hmmm...interesting. My assumption was that in Woody's 1-1-1 formula that Fox would be the one against. My reasoning was simply that Elway has made comments in the past about not meddling with the head coaches decisions, so then by default Fox would have to be the "no", otherwise Tebow would be playing. But maybe Fox was the "yes" vote, but let Elway and/or Xanders talk him out of it. I have a hard time buying that scenario, though. Frankly, it would make me think less of Fox if he allowed the front office to influence his decision making process.

I originally thought, too, that Elway was the "yes".....but now he's watching Luck at games. Fox also said from day 1, he wanted a "gamer" at QB. I think he started Orton simply to not lose the locker room.

Fox wants Tim to play.....but our VP of football ops wants his boy from Stanford.

Rigs11
10-11-2011, 09:51 AM
were going to beat the hapless dolphins...right?

Bronco Vixen

Yes. Elway has never been aboard the Tebow train. Speaking of jizzfest, you can't tell me he hasn't had his eye on Luck since he emerged from honeypot with his spot on reads, insane arm, and pocket presence. He sees him as his mini me - in contrast to the rogue Tebow who may have heart but none of the traditional skills he values in a QB.

Remember, also, that Fox was one of the few coaches to actually recruit Tebow. I think he got nervous about the idea of having to entirely restructure the offense in such a short period of time, and right out of the gate. "Creative risk-taker" is not exactly how I would best describe him, but I do think he's always appreciated Tebow's drive and enthusiasm. How can you not as a coach?

Mogulseeker
I'd like to have John Gruden (ducks for cover).

Seriously, though, he loves Tebow....and knew how to coach an offense and coach up QBs. He turned Gannon into an all-pro.

1. I would love to have a guy like Gruden in here. He would not coach under Fox though. We could do something like John Gruden = Head Coach/Offense + QB coach and John Fox = Head Coach/Defense... like a number of teams have done in the past.

The big reason I want Gruden is because not only is Gruden a good coach, he's also a Tebow believer. Same goes for Dungy and Cowher, but they're more defensive.

2. How would we build around Tebow? I'm thinking biggish, possession WRs, with an emphasis on TEs, and quick, pulling guards that are good at blocking side-to-side and downfield, and an additional speed back to compliment McGahee as the PB and Moreno as a passing down back.

We could bring in a guy like Sproles, and run a split back shotgun set along with McGahee two TEs and Decker at the flanker. That would be absolute hell to try and defend.

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:53 AM
The worst team in the league will have the #1 pick and I seriously doubt that team will be the Broncos. If EFX wants to continue to build this team through the draft, they cannot trade up to the #1 pick to get Luck. I'm pretty sure the Broncos will probably draft in the top 10, but I doubt they will be in the top 5. There's no way the Broncos can afford to trade from let's say #9 to #1 without giving up a boat load of draft picks.

Teams needing a QB probably all like Luck. Trading up to get Luck would be doubtful especially to a team needing a QB that can just take Luck. The only way Elway may be upset is he thought playing Orton at QB ensured getting the top pick.

TheDave

Not if you combine it with a bunch a real bad practices. I know I've been ripped all over this place because of what I saw in camp. But if the FO has their doubts and then there is "suspect" film on him... Well combine that with the locker room support issue and KO gets to start the season.

Regardless, I'm real happy Fox is in his corner. I think that gives him a long leash at least for the season.

ant1999e
Good news. Looking forward to a low-drama orange mane.

What am I saying? That'll never happen.

time to change your name to "The Bench warmer".

55CrushEm
Yes. Elway has never been aboard the Tebow train. Speaking of jizzfest, you can't tell me he hasn't had his eye on Luck since he emerged from honeypot with his spot on reads, insane arm, and pocket presence. He sees him as his mini me - in contrast to the rogue Tebow who may have heart but none of the traditional skills he values in a QB.

Remember, also, that Fox was one of the few coaches to actually recruit Tebow. I think he got nervous about the idea of having to entirely restructure the offense in such a short period of time, and right out of the gate. "Creative risk-taker" is not exactly how I would best describe him, but I do think he's always appreciated Tebow's drive and enthusiasm. How can you not as a coach?

I guess it just really bothers me thinking that Elway would hope for Tim to be unsuccessful, in order for him to have a better shot at landing Luck.

BroncoInferno
I originally thought, too, that Elway was the "yes".....but now he's watching Luck at games. Fox also said from day 1, he wanted a "gamer" at QB. I think he started Orton simply to not lose the locker room.
Fox wants Tim to play.....but our VP of football ops wants his boy from Stanford.

That's a good point. Taco made the point earlier about how Fox had to take into account the locker room politics. So, maybe he was a "yes" all along, but felt he would be putting Tebow in a bad spot with his teammates by starting him right away. Orton's poor play to start the season makes it pretty easy to justify now.

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:54 AM
I guess it just really bothers me thinking that Elway would hope for Tim to be unsuccessful, in order for him to have a better shot at landing Luck.

Or maybe thought sticking with Orton helped get the top pick :approve:

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 09:55 AM
We all knew Fox liked Tebow, after all Fox was one of the few coaches who personally interviewed Tebow before the 2009 draft. What everyone was flaming about is starting Orton over Tebow and I've said from the beginning he had to do this for the lockerroom. He had to play the guy who looked to be the best QB in practice because he had to prove to the team he was serious about winning. He couldn't just start Tebow to start Tebow. Fox is too smart for that and he was trying to do what was best for the team.

Us fans knew Orton would suck, but Fox had to see it for himself and have a justafiable reason to start Tebow. Mission accomplished.

If Elway is against Tebow he can just sit back and wait and see. If he's right then the Broncos will continue to lose and he might get a ligit shot at Luck. If he's wrong then let this be his first big lesson as the Broncos defacto GM.

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Regardless, I'm real happy Fox is in his corner. I think that gives him a long leash at least for the season.

I think it also improves the chances the Fox will be willing to adapt the offense to Tebow's strong suits rather than trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:56 AM
Or maybe thought sticking with Orton helped get the top pick :approve:

Either way.....for our VP of football ops to hope for failure for a better draft pick? Jesus, that is so NOT what I took Elway to be......disappointing if the case.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM

I think Fox knew if he came In and gave it to Tebow he would lose the locker room.... He had to wait until Orton had playedh himself out of the position so he has the players still supporting him

TheDave
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
I think it also improves the chances the Fox will be willing to adapt the offense to Tebow's strong suits rather than trying to force a square peg in a round hole.

I hope so... A whole bunch of my accuracy fears go away if they allow this kid to do what he does. Then we just have to hope he can stay healthy.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM

Fox said yesterday they would obviously have to adapt to his strengths, he even said something like "that's what coaching is all about"

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 09:59 AM
I hope so... A whole bunch of my accuracy fears go away if they allow this kid to do what he does. Then we just have to hope he can stay healthy.

He'll stay healthy [knock on wood]. He's not glass like Mike Vick.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Teams needing a QB probably all like Luck. Trading up to get Luck would be doubtful especially to a team needing a QB that can just take Luck. The only way Elway may be upset is he thought playing Orton at QB ensured getting the top pick.

yep. I'm thinking Elway was more comfortable with Orton starting because he knows it's a better chance to draft Luck. If this is the case I'm now voicing my concern for have Elway as the Broncos VP of Football Operations because he's letting his emotions get in the way of sound judgement. In other words, he's enamored over a draft pick instead of concentrating on his current team and how to make sure his current team can win.

Bronco Vixen
10-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Can Fox stay with a pocket QB run offense, like he's been running under Orton, or does he have to switch to some form of a run oriented spread-option for Tebow?

No question. It seems to be working out pretty well for Detroit right now - although their spread is definitely not run oriented and my guess is designed more to protect Stafford. While Tebow is no Stafford in terms of accuracy (currently), his unique run threat has to keep the LBs honest at the very least.

Hopefully with reps and experience (his confidence certainly seems to grow during games) he will improve his center exchange and timing/accuracy. I also think his attitude will win over the team eventually. You can't tell me the disheartening indifferent attitude and 3rd down/RZ retardary of Orton did not wear off on the team as well.

bowtown
10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I think Fox knew if he came In and gave it to Tebow he would lose the locker room.... He had to wait until Orton had playedh himself out of the position so he has the players still supporting him

He also had to send the message as a new coach that the players who show up and work and perform in practice are the guys that are going to play. How does it it look to your team if a new coach comes in and plays the unknown kid who looks like **** in practice over the vet who knows the system and appears to be much stronger. Fox is a player's coach. If his players thought Orton was the best guy, then that's who he was going to start until Orton gave him the chance to do otherwise.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:03 AM
I notice Carolina lines Newton in shotgun a lot, just as he did in college. If not willing to adapt your schemes to adapt to your players' strengths, then you should not have that player on your team. That is why many players and regimes fail. They draft players high and stick in positions or responsibilities they are simply not good at doing and many times, takes going to another team who does do so and that player thrives.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:04 AM
yep. I'm thinking Elway was more comfortable with Orton starting because he knows it's a better chance to draft Luck. If this is the case I'm now voicing my concern for have Elway as the Broncos VP of Football Operations because he's letting his emotions get in the way of sound judgement. In other words, he's enamored over a draft pick instead of concentrating on his current team and how to make sure his current team can win.

And there is no guarantee Luck is HOF material. How many 1st round QB busts have there been? Doubtful any were taking with the thoughts that QB would just be ok, much less a bust.

TheDave
10-11-2011, 10:05 AM

The kid is a horse... I'm in on that.

But this game is brutal to RB's. It will be intersting to see how they scheme this and how they balance out the run v. pass.

I've said all along I've had my doubts, but it should be fun to watch. If he handles it, then we are that much closer in the rebuild. If not there's a QB bonanza in the draft.

Time to sit back and watch. ^5

Hulamau

I wasnt sure how it would play out but knew Tebow would be in there at some point. I hope all the Nervous Nellys who wanted to run Fox out of town already realize by now this was the only way it was going to happen .. with Orton first getting the nod to start the season after a lockout year in which Tim had no chance to work with the team or coaching staff with a pretty much new everything....

Fox had to win over the team first before the fans, and inside the locker room if he had just bowed to fan pressure and tossed the keys to Tebow when he was obviously more lost in preseason, he would have lost the vets and young guys alike for sure. He had to role the dice and see if Orton could sink or swim and I can understand how he would have thought Orton legitimately gave them the best chance for an early good start.

If Tim had been more polished over all in preseason as we had all hoped, it could have been a different story but once Orton clearly beat him out 'in practice' the die was cast for this to play out pretty much as it is.

Now we find out for real whether we can focus on defense as we desparately need during the off season and draft and have our QBOTF already or if it s back to the drawing board with Luck, Landry or whomever we can grab that can hopefully become 'the guy' who can lead us back to the promised land.

In any event, Fox played this pretty much as he had too all things considered.

AlphaSeirra

Key Points:

What Skip Bayless 'heard',,,, of Elway's comments on Tebow 'sounded like',,,,
>>> The fans are in control of Elway the HBC, and the FO decisions. <<<
Oh Really?

So we fire Elway, Fox, and Bowlen, while WE make all of the team decisions by net-vote?
===============

Did you know that it's the FANS that are the direct cause of Orton's poor play as the Bronco QB?

So, does it logically follow that because of Tebow's MASSIVE fan support, that he's now a 'can't miss' QB?
===============

The organization wants to see Tebow fail..

If that's true, then why not cut him and play Quinn/Orton, instead of paying Tim millions to fail. (Skip's an idiot)
===============

Actually Mac, Tim has already proven what he can do, pass, or pass/scramble run, or intentionally S/O run.

Pick a system, get the correct players to run that system, and Tim can lead it to success. ^5

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Fox said yesterday they would obviously have to adapt to his strengths, he even said something like "that's what coaching is all about"

But why should we believe Fox is capable of that? Why does he believe he is capable of that?

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
The organization wants to see Tebow fail..

If that's true, then why not cut him and play Quinn/Orton, instead of paying Tim millions to fail. (Skip's an idiot)

If they cut him then Tebow could have gone to another team, been used properly and made them look like complete idiots and then they get fired and are laughing stocks.. much easier to bury Tebow or sabotage him.. and hope the problem goes away...

canadianbroncosfan
10-11-2011, 10:17 AM
A video on NFL.com made the most sense to me about why to switch Tebow is now. Orton is a FA at the end of the season and won't be back. Why not put him in now and see if he is the Quarterback of the future. If he isn't then come January we'll know where we draft and what we'll have to draft. If they waited til December like last year, the guy would obviously be not in "peak" form after sitting 12 games. Tebow now has 11 games to prove himself. He's won over the fans as a back up, pretty unprecedented. Now he has to win over the Front Office to show them to draft someone who isn't a QB. Show them that he can make this team win.

TheDave
10-11-2011, 10:18 AM
and we've been MacGrudered'

NUB
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
If a QB-needy team lands at #1 then I have a hard time believing they will trade that pick away outside of someone handing them something like two-number ones, twos, maybe another pick, plus one or two really good players already on the roster; probably even more than all of that. I think most teams will be content with getting Landry or Barkley instead of taking that route. Denver is the only team I can imagine selling the house because of Elway, but I have a hard time seeing John Fox doing something like that.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 10:20 AM
He also had to send the message as a new coach that the players who show up and work and perform in practice are the guys that are going to play. How does it it look to your team if a new coach comes in and plays the unknown kid who looks like **** in practice over the vet who knows the system and appears to be much stronger. Fox is a player's coach. If his players thought Orton was the best guy, then that's who he was going to start until Orton gave him the chance to do otherwise.

This is really ironic though because Fox said he tries to approach things based on a Condoleeza Rice quote where she said something about not letting tomorrows headlines affect making the right decision today..

If Fox had followed that he would have played Tebow regardless of what the players felt.. Tebow was always the best option long term this season..

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 10:23 AM
A video on NFL.com made the most sense to me about why to switch Tebow is now. Orton is a FA at the end of the season and won't be back. Why not put him in now and see if he is the Quarterback of the future. If he isn't then come January we'll know where we draft and what we'll have to draft. If they waited til December like last year, the guy would obviously be not in "peak" form after sitting 12 games. Tebow now has 11 games to prove himself. He's won over the fans as a back up, pretty unprecedented. Now he has to win over the Front Office to show them to draft someone who isn't a QB. Show them that he can make this team win.

NFL.com is way behind the curb on this. We've been saying this since day 1 on this board. If you want to know about the Broncos come here for info. If you want to buy into crap, go to NFL.com or ESPN.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:24 AM
If they cut him then Tebow could have gone to another team, been used properly and made them look like complete idiots and then they get fired and are laughing stocks.. much easier to bury Tebow or sabotage him.. and hope the problem goes away...

He eventually would go to another team and if used properly and performed well, it would look bad on the Broncos, so that argument just doesn't wash. Bayless is clueless.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
But why should we believe Fox is capable of that? Why does he believe he is capable of that?

Regardless of what you say, he is one of 32 people in the world with the highest honor of football coaching. He knows his stuff a lot more then anyone on here, and when has he had a quarterback that he would need to develop a new offense around?

snowspot66
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM

If he really thought that he never would have tried to trade him in the first place.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 10:27 AM
He eventually would go to another team and if used properly and performed well, it would look bad on the Broncos, so that argument just doesn't wash. Bayless is clueless.

But if they make him look bad no other team will want him... the worse he looks the more difficult it is for him to get interest from another team..

Why else would the front office leak information he was 4th string? That would destroy his value.. and it was a reporter that was tight with Elway that made that public.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:29 AM
But if they make him look bad no other team will want him... the worse he looks the more difficult it is for him to get interest from another team..

Why else would the front office leak information he was 4th string? That would destroy his value.. and it was a reporter that was tight with Elway that made that public.

We have seen plenty of players who look horrible, but they still find a team that wants them, so that doesn't wash either. You can't tell me you actually believe Skip Bayless of all people?

bowtown
10-11-2011, 10:30 AM
This is really ironic though because Fox said he tries to approach things based on a Condoleeza Rice quote where she said something about not letting tomorrows headlines affect making the right decision today..

If Fox had followed that he would have played Tebow regardless of what the players felt.. Tebow was always the best option long term this season..

Tomorrow's headlines have nothing to do with the locker room.

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 10:31 AM
If he really thought that he never would have tried to trade him in the first place.

I agree with this too. It's all speculation at this point.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
I dont buy this "losing the locker room" theory. First off, they tried to TRADE him...clearly they didn't care abuot the locker room then. Secondly, before Lloyd was supporting the decision to start Orton, he was quoted as supporting Tebow. Thirdly, I havent heard a peep in support of Orton outside of Lloyd and Decker...(could be wrong about this).

AlphaSeirra
10-11-2011, 10:35 AM

Mac, even I don't/can't believe that big of a conspiracy theory. ;)

If they 'really' believed that he can't succeed, then they would trade or cut him.

If they 'really' believe that he can succeed, then they use him, (eventually).

Orton was the 8th year Vet/fly in the ointment, but that is now over.

I've been watching Tim play for a long time now, and he can play in more than just a S/O offense.
He has always done whatever his coaches asked, and whatever the offensive system demanded of him to succeed.

SEC record NCAA Pass Efficiency Rating. (weak inaccurate arm bs)
SEC record Rushing TD Record. (can't run against tough/fast NFL defense bs)
Campbell (Academic Heisman) Trophy (not smart enough to learn a different system)
Total Work Ethic (will do whatever they ask him to do to succeed)

If THEY don't limit Tim, he certainly WON'T limit himself. :strong:

barryr
I dont buy this "losing the locker room" theory. First off, they tried to TRADE him...clearly they didn't care abuot the locker room then. Secondly, before Lloyd was supporting the decision to start Orton, he was quoted as supporting Tebow. Thirdly, I havent heard a peep in support of Orton outside of Lloyd and Decker...(could be wrong about this).

True, Orton was all but gone to Miami it seemed, according to reports at least at the time. Lockerrooms are usually not doing great when 1-4. If they were doing this at 4-1, then maybe those concerns would be more legit.

Mogulseeker
We all knew Fox liked Tebow, after all Fox was one of the few coaches who personally interviewed Tebow before the 2009 draft. What everyone was flaming about is starting Orton over Tebow and I've said from the beginning he had to do this for the lockerroom. He had to play the guy who looked to be the best QB in practice because he had to prove to the team he was serious about winning. He couldn't just start Tebow to start Tebow. Fox is too smart for that and he was trying to do what was best for the team.

Us fans knew Orton would suck, but Fox had to see it for himself and have a justafiable reason to start Tebow. Mission accomplished.

If Elway is against Tebow he can just sit back and wait and see. If he's right then the Broncos will continue to lose and he might get a ligit shot at Luck. If he's wrong then let this be his first big lesson as the Broncos defacto GM.

I was the 2010 draft, but this is most of what I had been saying when I had defended Orton. It wasn't that Fox didn't like Tebow, he just wanted a veteran in there for a playoff run. Now that it's evident that this isn't going to happen, it really is Tebow time.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:36 AM
I was the 2010 draft, but this is most of what I had been saying when I had defended Orton. It wasn't that Fox didn't like Tebow, he just wanted a veteran in there for a playoff run. Now that it's evident that this isn't going to happen, it really is Tebow time.

Well, add the lockout didn't help either.

AlphaSeirra
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM

I'd still take a QB in the draft, IF I could get Kellen Moore with a later pick.
I have ZERO faith in Quinn as the backup, and his salary is forced to continue to grow.

Dagmar
10-11-2011, 10:40 AM
Time to teach our WR's that plays last longer than 5 seconds now.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I'd still take a QB in the draft, IF I could get Kellen Moore with a later pick.
I have ZERO faith in Quinn as the backup, and his salary is forced to continue to grow.

Quinn will not be our backup next year.....he, like Orton, is a FA at the end of this season.

UberBroncoMan
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/64/164178d0-f276-11e0-a487-001a4bcf6878/4e9199f6215fa.preview-300.jpg

TonyR
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM

The big difference is that Vick is lightning quick and generally looks to avoid contact, whereas Tebow is much more likely to take hits.

bowtown
10-11-2011, 10:45 AM

The locker room issue became the problem after the trade fell through. If Orton is not on the team from the get-go, then there is no controversy, but to have him on the team and in the locker room and outplaying Tebow in preseason, then you do have a controversy and you do have guys who feel that one guy on your team gives them a better chance than the other.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 10:46 AM
We have seen plenty of players who look horrible, but they still find a team that wants them, so that doesn't wash either. You can't tell me you actually believe Skip Bayless of all people?

It's not a matter of believing Skip.. the Broncos moves make no sense any other way.

At the very least if they weren't trying to sabotage Tebow to some extent they would have shown more support for him when he was being trashed.

I also think they would have done more to develop him in the off season and even during the season.

I can show you a article about what they did for Cam in the off season and how they brought him along this season.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Can't wait to pound that christian b**** at Arrowhead.

<iframe width="320" height="240" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8OAXBhYwASU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rohirrim
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM

That reminds me. Time to go pick up dog **** in my yard.

bowtown
10-11-2011, 11:02 AM

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ec080bf97/images/chiefs_nfl_football_prayer-2.jpg

10-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Looks like they are all Satan Worshipers.

Has John Fox thought this thing through? A terrible rookie protecting Tebow's blindside?

Circle Orange
10-11-2011, 11:09 AM

Bayless projects a lot of his hack ideas and pop psychology on everything. The other day he said Lloyd dropped a pass to make his buddy Orton look good. What?!

In row 66 sat an old man with a beer. He said "I had a team, but the fans did scream. They wanted Tim, I said chances are slim. I was told by the boss, it's your loss, and thus, I sit up here." ;)

10-11-2011, 11:11 AM
We are going to sacrifice Tim Tebow to Lamar Hunt, Derrick Thomas and Joe Delaney, our football gods.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Looks like they are all Satan Worshipers.

Has John Fox thought this thing through? A terrible rookie protecting Tebow's blindside?

God has no blindside. He sees all.

BroncoInferno
10-11-2011, 11:15 AM
I dont buy this "losing the locker room" theory. First off, they tried to TRADE him...

Yeah, but part of the reasoning behind trading him could have been to AVOID the locker room descent. If Orton's gone, it's Tebow's job, end of story. No devided locker room (unless there was a pocket of Quinn backers ;D). Once the Orton trade fell through, it complicated the dynamic. If Orton looked great in practice, and Tebow looked shaky, it might have hurt Fox's credibility with the veterans to play Tebow anyway. It also might have put Tebow in a rough spot with his teammates, especially if he struggled early on. Now that Orton has played his way out of the job, it basically accomplishes the same thing a trade would have.

(Not saying I believe the above, just that it's one possible scenario. There are a couple of different ways to read the attempts to trade Orton early on, then starting him when the trade fell through.)

10-11-2011, 11:16 AM
We are going to expose Tebow as a false prophet.

Welcome to hell, Tebow.

http://litespeed.thejimgaudet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/kansas-city-chiefs.jpg?5c1bd2

errand
10-11-2011, 11:20 AM

and that's exactly what has happened....Orton isn't starting because his play determined he shouldn't be starting anymore. I didn't think he'd play as poorly as he did...I think the pressure of looking over his shoulder to see if Tim was warming up after every incompletion might have finally got to him. Reminds me of how Plummer played when Jay was drafted...constantly looking over your shoulder sucks when you're trying to do your job...you lose focus.

tim still has issues with taking snaps under center, and his accuracy, but at least now we can put to rest the controversy.

I just hope he plays well so we won't have Fox yanking him in and out of the lineup....and regardless if he wins alot of games or not...we need to see marked improvement in his ability to throw the ball. And with this being our bye week, hopefully he'll start working on that **** immediately.

but I'm curious as to all those who said Fox and elway were deliberately stunting Tebow's development in order to save the franchise money think about that conspiracy theory now?

AlphaSeirra
10-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Quinn will not be our backup next year.....he, like Orton, is a FA at the end of this season.

FA's can still be resigned you know?

Have you heard that both/either Orton/Quinn WILL NOT be resigned for 2012?

errand
10-11-2011, 11:25 AM

Man, you're like a fricking woman....never satisfied huh? Tebow's the starter, and barring injury I believe that Fox will sink or swim with him for the remainder of the season.

Yes...they want him to fail, so they start him. I don't think the lockerroom will be torn apart. I've not read or heard anyone say that they disliked Tebow....I have heard them say the support Orton when he was named the starter outta camp. I'm sure they'd say the same for Tim or Brady had they been named starter.

as for us being lucky to have him...now you're man crush is getting really creepy.

Vine
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Have not read through these 8 pages of this thread, I do have a job, sorry if this has been asked or mentioned...

I wonder how much of this decision to Start Tebow is Elway's, as opposed to Fox's?

Anyone would like to guess, or speculate?

errand
10-11-2011, 11:27 AM

I doubt Orton will sign with us again even if offered....he's feeling humbled and dejected right now....he'll seek greener pastures somewhere else I'm sure.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 11:32 AM

Thanks for the tip. I hadn't heard. ::)

And no....I have no official word. I'm GUESSING that neither will be here....and that we'll sign another FA QB to be our backup. Just a hunch. Could be wrong.

bowtown
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM
Have not read through these 8 pages of this thread, I do have a job, sorry if this has been asked or mentioned...

I wonder how much of this decision to Start Tebow is Elway's, as opposed to Fox's?

You should just go ahead and read the thread.

errand
10-11-2011, 11:34 AM

teams generally do when the back-up comes into the game.

Remember the Bills-Oilers playoff game when Frank Reich directed the bills to a very improbable win coming from 32 points behind to win in overtime?

i recall Craig morton coming off the bench to rally Denver from 21 points down midway thru 3rd qtr to beat Seahawks. Gary Kubiak leading us to our lone TD vs Bills in '91 AFC title game, and driving us down the field for potential game tying FG but was undone by Sewell fumble.

Boobs McGee
10-11-2011, 11:35 AM

Speaking of bitches named christian getting pounded....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fvPxzQBIafo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

now **** off you fat blob.

55CrushEm
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM
teams generally do when the back-up comes into the game.

Remember the Bills-Oilers playoff game when Frank Reich directed the bills to a very improbable win coming from 32 points behind to win in overtime?

i recall Craig morton coming off the bench to rally Denver from 21 points down midway thru 3rd qtr to beat Seahawks. Gary Kubiak leading us to our lone TD vs Bills in '91 AFC title game, and driving us down the field for potential game tying FG but was undone by Sewell fumble.

Never forget that. We lost 10-7.....Buffalo's only TD was a pick 6.....their offense was a juggernaut, and our defense held them to THREE points! Very disappointing loss.

strafen
10-11-2011, 11:37 AM

On a radio interview, Elway was asked that question.
No, he didn't know. It was not his decision.

PS: I don't know why people are under the impression Elway is coaching this team. He's not. It's Fox making the decisions.
If Elway had to make that type of decisions instead of Fox, he'd got to better be right eveytime, otherwise that would be a career suicide...

errand
10-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Wouldn't you be celebrating if your team narrowly avoided disaster (by coming a neckbeard's hair away from trading for orton?)

There's no guarantee that orton would've played poorly in Miami...afterall, he wouldn't of had a 1st round fan favorite to worry about, and could've focused on just playing football instead of answering Tebow questions.

dsmoot
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Agreed, he's got the Rothelisburger effect where the plays never quite over, this allows him more time to go through reads and be more effective at those reads early on. He's still a rookie essentially meaning his reads will progress faster as the year goes on.

I call it the Elway effect. The Broncos made their money (playoff success) when Elway broke the pocket and guys like Watson, Vance, Jackson, Shannon broke off their routes and headed into open space with John looking for them to do so. It was that ability (along with running for the marker) that set John Elway apart. The only time this was minimized is when Elway could turn around and hand it to TD. He was great in the pocket too but he sent fright into opponents when he was outside the pocket. Look at the DRIVE in 86 or many of the comeback victories, John did many things using his legs to extend drives.

This is what is so exciting about Tebow. If he can just learn to be efficient between the tackles and then add his God given skills to that. Wow.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-11-2011, 11:41 AM

I believe this is true. I'm not sure why Elway is taking this stance for Orton though, even though this is the same exact thing that happened with McDaniels... identical. Fans have not only called the shots in firing the prior coach, but also now in replacing Orton at QB.

Elway is a moron.

errand
10-11-2011, 11:47 AM

You've got a valid point there....it's amazing how the name of the QB changes how people look at the game.

We went thru this **** before starting with Brister/Griese...then Griese/Frerotte...then Jake/Cutler.

I doubt it'll stop now...

Mogulseeker
10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/stltoday.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/1/64/164178d0-f276-11e0-a487-001a4bcf6878/4e9199f6215fa.preview-300.jpg

Hell, I'd bring him back as a QB coach.

fdf
10-11-2011, 11:55 AM

First time I've ever heard that mentioned on the Mane :)

(Actually, there are about three pages of tea-leaf reading on the subject on this thread alone. I wouldn't waste my time looking for it).

yerner
10-11-2011, 11:59 AM
Can't wait to pound that christian bale

Fixed it for you Bob.

Circle Orange
10-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Why do people insist that a qb can only do ONE thing at a time? It's fashionable to call someone a pocket passer (as if he can't move) or a running quarterback (as if he's dumb and can't run a whole offense).

It's tackle football, not touch. QBs get hit regardless of whether they're in the pocket or not. But the smart ones minimize hits as best they can.

In my mind, Aaron Rogers right now is the best qb. Why? Because he can be whatever type of qb he needs to be for a situation. This is really rare. More importantly, he has a head for the game and can run the Packer offense to perfection. Technique and accuracy is flawless. And I haven't even mentioned the standard size/speed/arm strength thing. This is what the best qbs do, make an entire team better. Not just run around so fans can geek over every running yard gained. I have no idea how Tim will do, we'll see. But I never got some of the mindless gushing. There has to be a balance between excitement and success.

It was mentioned on ESPN that something to watch for is how much of the offense is changed. What's simpler for the offense is also simpler for the opposing defense. And for those of you who want Tim running like a headless chicken, look at Big Ben: he's already slowing down and lumbering from injuries and hits. The rule is that when a qb runs he gets hit like a running back. If the Broncs are smart they'll move him around some but not all the time. I'd like to see what he does in the shotgun.

Everyone talks about having a 'spark.' Sparks are good, but they have to ignite something called wins or they won't amount to much.

In two weeks there's going to be a 'gatorfest' in Miami. The ever conspiracy minded Bayless insists this is a PR move so that Tim can play in front of a 'home crowd.' Bayless should write novels, not do sports commentary.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 12:05 PM
I wasnt sure how it would play out but knew Tebow would be in there at some point. I hope all the Nervous Nellys who wanted to run Fox out of town already realize by now this was the only way it was going to happen .. with Orton first getting the nod to start the season after a lockout year in which Tim had no chance to work with the team or coaching staff with a pretty much new everything....

Fox had to win over the team first before the fans, and inside the locker room if he had just bowed to fan pressure and tossed the keys to Tebow when he was obviously more lost in preseason, he would have lost the vets and young guys alike for sure. He had to role the dice and see if Orton could sink or swim and I can understand how he would have thought Orton legitimately gave them the best chance for an early good start.

If Tim had been more polished over all in preseason as we had all hoped, it could have been a different story but once Orton clearly beat him out 'in practice' the die was cast for this to play out pretty much as it is.

Now we find out for real whether we can focus on defense as we desparately need during the off season and draft and have our QBOTF already or if it s back to the drawing board with Luck, Landry or whomever we can grab that can hopefully become 'the guy' who can lead us back to the promised land.

In any event, Fox played this pretty much as he had too all things considered.

Exactly. Don't blame FOX for not starting Tebow, blame the LOCKOUT.

ZONA
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM

LOL

Exactly how I feel. Which is why he needed to be the starter. We need to watch him and see through these remaining games how he grows as at QB. Then we make a decision next offseason based on that. Obviously if we suck bad enough to get the #1 overall pick, even if Tebow has played well, you still pick Luck and go from there. If not #1 overall pick, I think we go with a DT or LB or CB, the best one available.

maven
10-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Tebow finally named the official starter? Well then...

http://ken.kaisia.com/images/conan.gif

BroncoLifer
10-11-2011, 12:22 PM
Speaking of b****es named christian getting pounded....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fvPxzQBIafo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just like that b**** did, he tried.

TonyR
10-11-2011, 12:27 PM
...I have no idea how Tim will do, we'll see. But I never got some of the mindless gushing. There has to be a balance between excitement and success...

...What's simpler for the offense is also simpler for the opposing defense...

...Everyone talks about having a 'spark.' Sparks are good, but they have to ignite something called wins or they won't amount to much...

The whole post was very good but I quoted above what I thought were the best points. Well done, sir.

maven
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Why do people insist that a qb can only do ONE thing at a time? It's fashionable to call someone a pocket passer (as if he can't move) or a running quarterback (as if he's dumb and can't run a whole offense).

It's tackle football, not touch. QBs get hit regardless of whether they're in the pocket or not. But the smart ones minimize hits as best they can.

In my mind, Aaron Rogers right now is the best qb. Why? Because he can be whatever type of qb he needs to be for a situation. This is really rare. More importantly, he has a head for the game and can run the Packer offense to perfection. Technique and accuracy is flawless. And I haven't even mentioned the standard size/speed/arm strength thing. This is what the best qbs do, make an entire team better. Not just run around so fans can geek over every running yard gained. I have no idea how Tim will do, we'll see. But I never got some of the mindless gushing. There has to be a balance between excitement and success.

It was mentioned on ESPN that something to watch for is how much of the offense is changed. What's simpler for the offense is also simpler for the opposing defense. And for those of you who want Tim running like a headless chicken, look at Big Ben: he's already slowing down and lumbering from injuries and hits. The rule is that when a qb runs he gets hit like a running back. If the Broncs are smart they'll move him around some but not all the time. I'd like to see what he does in the shotgun.

Everyone talks about having a 'spark.' Sparks are good, but they have to ignite something called wins or they won't amount to much.

In two weeks there's going to be a 'gatorfest' in Miami. The ever conspiracy minded Bayless insists this is a PR move so that Tim can play in front of a 'home crowd.' Bayless should write novels, not do sports commentary.

Just thinking off the top of my head. Check out how much of a difference Jim Harbaugh has affected Alex Smith. 65.9 completion percentage, 7 TD's, 1 int, 965 yards passed, QBR 104.1

Rodgers coach picked him up, groomed him, and now he's just flat out amazing.

I do not think the correct coaches are in place for Tebow to succeed.

And for all the sparks and rah rah, looking back at Tebow's games he played(QB). The Broncos defense failed in the Houston game at the end, and if it was for a bounce off of Dawkins? head. They were in position to win the game. Same thing yesterday, The huge play given up on 3rd down to the Chargers and the personal foul call on defense which also extended the drive.

I still think it's going to be a long season for Tebow. And I do not see a ton of wins this year. We will see.

oubronco
10-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Hell, I'd bring him back as a QB coach.

Damn you....Damn you I say

alkemical
10-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Damn you....Damn you I say

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDqjDDnoQTuwOGJ6y6Zcjl9HTZmUmy2 bDXs2NZdk-vxX9cejXP

bronco militia
10-11-2011, 01:26 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Eagles_Rams_Football-e1315925672225.jpeg

10-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Speaking of b****es named christian getting pounded....

What's funny is that the Chiefs scored a TD on that drive.

Good job stopping the TD, Atwater. ROFL!

bowtown
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
What's funny is that the Chiefs scored a TD on that drive.

Good job stopping the TD, Atwater. ROFL!

What's funny is that the Broncos won that game. Good job eternally sucking, Chiefs.

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 01:54 PM
What's simpler for the offense is also simpler for the opposing defense. And for those of you who want Tim running like a headless chicken, look at Big Ben: he's already slowing down and lumbering from injuries and hits. The rule is that when a qb runs he gets hit like a running back.

Not so.. it's simpler for the offense because when you run Tebow in the wildcat he is something very rare.. a wildcat that can not only run but pass at an elite level.

In the wildcat you have something that most QBs don't... an equal playing field. When not in the wildcat the defenses has the advantage because the QB is not a threat to run.

Football is primarily a running game. Passing was so successful for a time because offenses had such a big edge talent wise. I think in this era it doesn't have the edge it did.. defense are far more athletic and well prepared. This is why we see the NFL changing the rules to help offenses so much.. and even with the changes we don't see Qbs dominating like they did in the past.. look at Peyton Manning - only one championship.

I think the Qb position is the only one not to develop athletically with the rest of the field. Teams are trying to use finesse Qbs with little athleticism and forcing them to win with passing by having to be absolutely perfect.

I think this is why Tebow was so dominant in college. He showed exactly what football needs from the QB position. IF he had been developed as QB all along in his football career rather than having to fight the system he would likely be even better as a passer. NFL systems would also be much more advanced and understand how to use a player like Tebow.

Also.. remember.. Tebow doesn't have to run as much as he did in college.. this is what everyone forgets.. he just has to run more than whatever QB he faces.. this will give him the edge he needs and allow his team to win. I also don't think being in the pocket in this era is any safer than running... if you are as athletic and durable as Tebow.

BroncoLifer
10-11-2011, 02:00 PM
What's funny is that the Broncos won that game. Good job eternally sucking, Chiefs.

Like shooting fish in a barrel......

Broncojef
10-11-2011, 02:13 PM
It really took Fox a day to come to this conclusion?? For a man thats won 3 games in the last 21 he's coached the real question begs how long until we do our next search for a real coach?

Taco John
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm only posting because I found this avatar and I think it's hilarious.

Carry on.

Punisher
10-11-2011, 02:44 PM
1-15 here we come

Circle Orange
10-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Just thinking off the top of my head. Check out how much of a difference Jim Harbaugh has affected Alex Smith. 65.9 completion percentage, 7 TD's, 1 int, 965 yards passed, QBR 104.1

Rodgers coach picked him up, groomed him, and now he's just flat out amazing.

I do not think the correct coaches are in place for Tebow to succeed.

And for all the sparks and rah rah, looking back at Tebow's games he played(QB). The Broncos defense failed in the Houston game at the end, and if it was for a bounce off of Dawkins? head. They were in position to win the game. Same thing yesterday, The huge play given up on 3rd down to the Chargers and the personal foul call on defense which also extended the drive.

I still think it's going to be a long season for Tebow. And I do not see a ton of wins this year. We will see.

That's the thing, I think defense will be the key here. But how many points per game can the Broncs realistically expect this year? The days of winning 17-14 or 24-10 with any consistency seems to have gone the way of the dodo bird. Even relatively medicocre offenses have no problem scoring near 30. I was telling my brother the other day these games are exciting, but I have no idea where they'll go most of the time. Because everyone is throwing so much, leads are meaningless and comebacks are pretty cheap now. No one takes time off the clock, its all about scoring. My bro said at this rate, running backs will be fairly uneccessary. So you have all these wild games with crazy turnovers. Interceptions are up, and half the qbs around the league have low completion percentages (around 55) simply because of all the throwing. Check out most stats now at the end of the day; qbs are going at a 300-400yd clip, averaging 2-3 touchdowns and 1-3 interceptions.

I still think the coaches want to be careful with Tim. I'd be surprised if they get exotic. I expect to see lots of max protect, because this is effective for both mobile and less mobile qbs.

go_broncos
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
1-15 here we come

Tebow will not let that happen.You are underestimating him.
He is a born leader and winner..

Circle Orange
10-11-2011, 03:31 PM
Not so.. it's simpler for the offense because when you run Tebow in the wildcat he is something very rare.. a wildcat that can not only run but pass at an elite level.

In the wildcat you have something that most QBs don't... an equal playing field. When not in the wildcat the defenses has the advantage because the QB is not a threat to run.

Football is primarily a running game. Passing was so successful for a time because offenses had such a big edge talent wise. I think in this era it doesn't have the edge it did.. defense are far more athletic and well prepared. This is why we see the NFL changing the rules to help offenses so much.. and even with the changes we don't see Qbs dominating like they did in the past.. look at Peyton Manning - only one championship.

I think the Qb position is the only one not to develop athletically with the rest of the field. Teams are trying to use finesse Qbs with little athleticism and forcing them to win with passing by having to be absolutely perfect.

I think this is why Tebow was so dominant in college. He showed exactly what football needs from the QB position. IF he had been developed as QB all along in his football career rather than having to fight the system he would likely be even better as a passer. NFL systems would also be much more advanced and understand how to use a player like Tebow.

Also.. remember.. Tebow doesn't have to run as much as he did in college.. this is what everyone forgets.. he just has to run more than whatever QB he faces.. this will give him the edge he needs and allow his team to win. I also don't think being in the pocket in this era is any safer than running... if you are as athletic and durable as Tebow.

My main concern with running qbs used to spread offenses is that they look to run first. This takes involvement away from the other offensive weapons and limits big plays. What Tim will have to gain a sense for is when to run, not run for running sake. I want to see his accuracy over the long haul, and I'm not convinced of his arm strength. Some of his tosses up field still look like pop flies to me.

Circle Orange
10-11-2011, 03:35 PM
The whole post was very good but I quoted above what I thought were the best points. Well done, sir.

Tankee. I'm a girl, BTW. :curtsey:

fontaine
10-11-2011, 03:40 PM
We'll see. I already know it's going to be a lot more entertaining than watching Orton-ball. I just want to know if Tebow is a long range solution to the Broncos QB question, or a novelty act. Given the good QBs coming out next year (especially Luck), the Broncos at least have the majority of a season left to decide.

Well, I don't think that's decided this year. QBs like Tebow that haven't worked in a pro style offense before take a lot longer to develop. I'm prepared to give him at least two years from this season to see how he goes but whether he actually gets that time is anyone's guess.

peacepipe
10-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Well, I don't think that's decided this year. QBs like Tebow that haven't worked in a pro style offense before take a lot longer to develop. I'm prepared to give him at least two years from this season to see how he goes but whether he actually gets that time is anyone's guess.I'm not,especially with a chance to get Luck or jones. either tebow proves it these last 11 games or he's done. It's not a perfect situation for tebow but those are the cards he has been dealt.

errand
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the box is going to be less stacked for sure, because Tebow can actually deliver the ball deep.

Being able to hit the deep ball is great if he has times to throw it.... if they stack the box with a guys he still gonna have to be able to hit the hot guy quickly... and here's where his elongated throwing motion comes into play.... not to mention his lack of accuracy on some of the shorter throws.

Mile High Mojoe
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
For the first time in 2 years I'll actually be able to watch a Broncos game with the outcome being uncertain. With Orton as the starter the outcome was always predictable. Whether the Broncos win or lose going forward the real certainty is the team will be interesting to watch.

This lame duck crappola with Orton should have ended a lot sooner. Itís just sad that the Broncos didnít get something for him anything for him before the season started. Orton will be the highest paid cheerleader in the NFL but he doesnít care heís laughing all the way to the bank vault.

Fedaykin
10-11-2011, 04:02 PM

Tebow is an elite NFL passer now?

Move over Brady, Rodgers and Potato Head!

Hilarious!

go_broncos
10-11-2011, 04:05 PM

That's what they were doing when Orton was the QB.

CEH
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Well see what Tebow can do after 4-5 games. The SD defense basically said after the game if they game planned for Tebow they could shut him down but Sunday they were in a prevent defense most of the 3rd and 4th Qtr and Tebow still only completed no passes beyond the LOS until the last drive when SD was playing 30 yards deep.

11 games to prove to EFX you belong . Entertainment value is high for sure. Better than watching Orton

Punisher
10-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Tebow will not let that happen.You are underestimating him.
He is a born leader and winner..

LoL sure he is

Ironlung
10-11-2011, 04:35 PM
I love how all the Tebow haters are scramblin...Get on board or gtfo the way!

BroncoBuff
10-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Couple things for sure: Finally we're looking forward, not treading water with a retread, and the season just became about 1.63 million times more interesting. The first 5 games were such a pain to watch, sheer drudgery. Those days are OVER!

If Quinn's head is with the team, and he's just in Japan for the Bye, then I say trade and even consider waiving Orton.

Ironlung
10-11-2011, 04:44 PM
Couple things for sure: Finally we're looking forward, not treading water with a retread, and the season just became about 1.63 million times more interesting. The first 5 games were such a pain to watch, sheer drudgery. Those days are OVER!

well said

Ugly Duck
10-11-2011, 04:49 PM
We are going to expose Tebow as a false prophet.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jw-X7ET0kh8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Jw-X7ET0kh8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

BroncosSR
10-11-2011, 04:49 PM
The QB controversy is far from over. We have to see how Tebow performs when opposing defenses are game-planning for him.

Vegas_Bronco
10-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Wait, wait...so our offense goes from 12 stalled drives to just 6-7 a game...we start converting on 3rd and short and scoring TDs in the place of field goals. AND...out defense goes from giving up 28-30 a game to becoming one of the better squads in the AFCWest. Wait for it.....you don't realize how bad our defense looked simply b/c we had a qb with a horrible 3rd down conversion rating.

errand
10-11-2011, 05:12 PM
Tell me, how's that a bad thing?
That's his strength, throwing from the gun, ain't it?.
elway said yesterday, the running game will not be affected by that.

Alot tougher to grind out the clock from the shotgun....gotta still have a running game.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 05:17 PM

If Quinn's head is with the team, and he's just in Japan for the Bye, then I say trade and even consider waiving Orton.

Red Queen's Race No Longer!!