PDA

View Full Version : Decker on QB change

Pseudofool
10-10-2011, 05:26 PM
Decker appeared on the Doug Gottlieb show.

My own reading of the interview is that Decker is a little bit frustrated with the change at QB. He wasn't really willing to credit Tebow with the stadium's electricity. His point seemed to be that a successful passing offence is based on a relationship with the QB and consistency, which he felt was getting better w Orton. Decker doesn't seem to know what his rapport will be like with Tebow, implying they haven't gotten many reps. Good thing there's two weeks of practice.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think the Decker-hate that has already gestated in this thread is off-base; Decker came off as sincere and reasonable to me.

Edit: here's the link to ESPN's radio player: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7085698 Listen for yourselves.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 05:28 PM
Well, im glad he enjoys a 4-12 season and a current 1-4 one, as long as he gets his touches

SimonFletcher73
10-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Somebody start the "Decker Needs to be Gone" thread.

elsid13
10-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Decker appeared on the Doug Gottlieb show. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/den/denver-broncos#
Find it among the links towards the bottom.

My own reading of the interview is that Decker is a little bit frustrated with the change at QB. He wasn't really willing to credit Tebow with the stadium's electricity. His point seemed to be that a successful passing offence is based on a relationship with the QB and consistency, which he felt was getting better w Orton. Decker doesn't seem to know what his rapport will be like with Tebow, implying they haven't gotten many reps. Good thing there's two weeks of practice.

They don't get two weeks of practice. Players get this week off and get back to work next Monday.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
Earth to Decker: You're going to be here at least a few more years. Orton has 11 more games in Denver. If you want consistency, try building it with the guy who may be around for the long haul.

maher_tyler
Decker needs to shut his pie hole and play football. Orton was taking this team no where!

Jetmeck
2nd year player. Just catch the damn ball sonny boy

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 05:35 PM
I knew it!

Archer81
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Young player being young. Catch the ball when Tebow throws it to you and you will see the ball more often. Thats how it works.

:Broncos:

cabronco
10-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Go ahead and play catch with Orton on the sidelines if thats what you want. Why do wr's feel the need to be prima donna's. Do you hear the OL whining, the RB's whining, Heck even Moreno felt the juice when he barreled his way to the endzone, and wasnt going to be denied. Do your job and stfu.

jhns
10-10-2011, 05:43 PM
I'm pretty sure Tebow could beat up Decker.

Pseudofool
10-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Somebody start the "Decker Needs to be Gone" thread.To be clear, that is not why I started the thread. I felt it gave some insight into the locker room dynamics, and Decker came off as perfectly reasonable to me. And I think the Decker-hate in the thread is offbase.

Pseudofool
10-10-2011, 05:52 PM
They don't get two weeks of practice. Players get this week off and get back to work next Monday.Is it really a whole week the get off? I thought it was Thursday through Monday. Even a Monday practice is an extra day isn't it?

Tombstone RJ
10-10-2011, 06:00 PM
Tebow and Decker need to become bff's.

Requiem
10-10-2011, 06:03 PM
Adam Weber and Eric Decker = Golden Gopher Magic!

Inkana7
10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
Christ, people.

SimonFletcher73
10-10-2011, 06:05 PM
To be clear, that is not why I started the thread. I felt it gave some insight into the locker room dynamics, and Decker came off as perfectly reasonable to me. And I think the Decker-hate in the thread is offbase.

I agree. It was more of a comment on how quickly Broncos fans will turn on players these days (sometimes warranted).

Decker should have probably kept that information to himself though.

tsiguy96
10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
electricity in the stadium, which just so happened to coincide with tebow going in to play, was not due to tebow? alright then.

rbackfactory80
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Mini t.o.

cutthemdown
10-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Get ready to do a lot of blocking Decker so Tebow can have some long runs. Orton just flat out sucks. How many 3 and outs is the coach supposed to watch before he tries a switch? I thought Orton would play at least as well as he did first 2 yrs but he has regressed and gotten worst. He probably made a big big mistake not taking whatever 3-4 yr deal he could get of Miami. He would be still be out of a job next yr, but at least he would have gotten some extra yrs on the deal and more money.

I'm not sure teams will even look at Orton as a number 2 qb. He doesn't seem to want to do it and teams like the number 2 to have some upside. If anything he gets a one yr deal to play somewhere and doesn't win the job. Spends time as a bkup, doesn't like it, and goes the way of the Plummer.

Popps
10-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Someone post the entire quote.

I sense another collective Orangemane panty-bunching.

lostknight
10-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Guys, cut Decker and everyone else a break. I think the statements that he made are fine and legit. Just like every other player, he's worried about how it affects him. He was set up to the blloyd of this season.

elsid13
10-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Is it really a whole week the get off? I thought it was Thursday through Monday. Even a Monday practice is an extra day isn't it?

It depend on the coach, but it sound like they practice today and tomorrow and show up next week. Quinn already bolted, so I expect today was for treatment and tomorrow is optional.

Garcia Bronco
10-10-2011, 06:29 PM

The wad is particularly tight around here lately.

elsid13
10-10-2011, 06:33 PM

it is tebownut bitch party. All Decker stated that came out of the locker room and the made some plays based on McGahee making some plays and the team get energized. That 28 yard run by McGahee was the key play in the 2nd half that got the team rolling.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 06:35 PM
it is tebownut b**** party. All Decker stated that came out of the locker room and the made some plays based on McGahee making some plays and the team get energized. That 28 yard run by McGahee was the key play in the 2nd half that got the team rolling.

The thing is though that Tebow's ability to run AND take hits in the pocket opens things for his receivers and runners.. if not then why couldn't they do the same with Orton? Why bench him? They would have done it when the team imploded in the first half..

Look at all the games Tebow played in.. look at his college team before and after he left.. he makes the runners around him look great.

Jay3
10-10-2011, 06:42 PM
I knew it -- Decker dropped that long ball on purpose because he's in the conspiracy with Lloyd.

go_broncos
Shut up and play.

montrose
I had a bad feeling this type of thing might happen...

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 06:44 PM
Someone really needs to tell our WRs to shut the **** up. Stop giving the media **** to talk about you dip****s. Keep your thoughts and feelings to yourselves.

rock
10-10-2011, 06:45 PM
Decker had two catches for -4 yards in the first half. He REALLY want more of that the rest of the game?

Get on the Tebow train Decker. It's coming...

maher_tyler
10-10-2011, 06:49 PM
Is it really a whole week the get off? I thought it was Thursday through Monday. Even a Monday practice is an extra day isn't it?

If you listen to the interview, he says they're practicing on tuesday and wednesday...i may have misheard but i thought he said they'd look at tape the rest of the week...

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 06:50 PM

What gave that away? The twenty to thirty pounds he has on the guy? Ha!

Pseudofool
10-10-2011, 06:53 PM
If you listen to the interview, he says they're practicing on tuesday and wednesday...i may have misheard but i thought he said they'd look at tape the rest of the week...Right, so there's extra time for Tebow and the receivers to get on the same page before the next game.

Inkana7
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Decker had two catches for -4 yards in the first half. He REALLY want more of that the rest of the game?

Get on the Tebow train Decker. It's coming...

He had 1 catch for -4 yards with Orton and 1 catch for 0 yards with Tebow so I guess it was progress.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 06:58 PM
He had 1 catch for -4 yards with Orton and 1 catch for 0 yards with Tebow so I guess it was progress.

Yay for bubble screens!

rock
10-10-2011, 07:02 PM
I'll never understand the "me" attitudes. I get it, cause NFL players have egos, but damn... I want players who want to win no matter what.

Inkana7
10-10-2011, 07:05 PM
I'll never understand the "me" attitudes. I get it, cause NFL players have egos, but damn... I want players who want to win no matter what.

Watch more college ball.

elsid13
10-10-2011, 07:08 PM
The thing is though that Tebow's ability to run AND take hits in the pocket opens things for his receivers and runners.. if not then why couldn't they do the same with Orton? Why bench him? They would have done it when the team imploded in the first half..

Look at all the games Tebow played in.. look at his college team before and after he left.. he makes the runners around him look great.

They did nothing until MaGahee made that play in the 2nd half and that was on the offense line and him, not something that Tebow did or didn't do.

KipCorrington25
10-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Has anyone mentioned he's the next Ed McCaffrey?

TonyR
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Right, so there's extra time for Tebow and the receivers to get on the same page before the next game.

The new collective bargaining agreement stipulates that teams have to give players four consecutive days off during the bye week, so the Broncos will only get two practices totaling about five hours this week, and this could play into the team's decision.

Only injured players can come in during that four-day period and then, only to get treatment.

What about a guy who was just named quarterback and might need more study?

"I don't think we lock the building and (not) let him in -- whoever that is," Fox said.

He just wouldn't be able to do much.

According to the CBA, during that four-day stretch, players cannot participate in club-supervised workouts or practices, meetings with coaches, film study with coaches or playbook study with coaches.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7084902/john-fox-denver-broncos-not-ready-make-call-tim-tebow-kyle-orton

elsid13
10-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Has anyone mentioned he's the next Ed McCaffrey?

The Spanish Inquisition has deem him no longer worth to be Denver Bronco, therefore he been cast into the pit.

Play2win
10-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Hilarious!

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Thread is comedy. Calm down, idiots.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Poor Tebow man.. what is he Job? Last season he couldn't get PT because of all the drama.. in the media and with King Neckbeard. No head coach at the end of last season.. This season it's the lockout.. now he can't even use the BYE week. lol

They even changed his motion and mechanics to make things even harder. They might as well just have Tebow come in off the street with no prep and coaching himself..

Ray Finkle
10-10-2011, 07:26 PM
meh...nothing to see here.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 07:30 PM
The new collective bargaining agreement stipulates that teams have to give players four consecutive days off during the bye week, so the Broncos will only get two practices totaling about five hours this week, and this could play into the team's decision.

Only injured players can come in during that four-day period and then, only to get treatment.

What about a guy who was just named quarterback and might need more study?

"I don't think we lock the building and (not) let him in -- whoever that is," Fox said.

He just wouldn't be able to do much.

According to the CBA, during that four-day stretch, players cannot participate in club-supervised workouts or practices, meetings with coaches, film study with coaches or playbook study with coaches.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7084902/john-fox-denver-broncos-not-ready-make-call-tim-tebow-kyle-orton

So much for the advantage of having a bye...

Simple Jake
10-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Someone really needs to tell our WRs to shut the **** up. Stop giving the media **** to talk about you dip****s. Keep your thoughts and feelings to yourselves.

I agree.. he's gotta understand the media will take everything you say and run with it.. keep your feelings to yourself

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 07:36 PM
The Spanish Inquisition has deem him no longer worth to be Denver Bronco, therefore he been cast into the pit.

This sentence painful read. Ha!

TheDave
10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I had a bad feeling this type of thing might happen...

continue...

Jay3
10-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I would hope Decker is smart enough not to step in front of the Tebow earthquake. I swear, Tebow is somebody I wouldn't mess with at all in a hype/PR contest.

He destroys everything in his path.

rock
10-10-2011, 07:43 PM
Watch more college ball.

I do actually. I live in the south. College football is king.

DarkHorse
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
If I were the WR's (Hell, just about any position on this team) on a 1-4 team coming off of a 4-12 season I think i'd put my head down, work hard, and keep my mouth shut.

It's not as tho we have an Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, etc....... type of WR on our team. Lloyd is good but he isn't replaceable. Same goes for Decker and just about any other position on this team save for Champ Bailey (yes, that name IS a position) and OLB right now.

We have a very very few number of guys who are probably cemented in their position.

Shut your mouth and work to get better with WHOEVER is throwing the ball.

extralife
10-10-2011, 07:49 PM
<b>2nd year player</b>. Just catch the damn ball sonny boy

Like Tebow, you mean?

jhns
10-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Like Tebow, you mean?

What did Tebow say?

Jay3
10-10-2011, 07:51 PM
If I were Tebow, at the next practice I would be all "Hey, Bay Bay, wanna go toss the football around?" And I would say it to where Decker could hear. And . . . in a way that says I wanted him to hear. And a catty glance.

Also I would say "Good catch, Bay Bay!" A lot.

extralife
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
What did Tebow say?

Preseaon. Look it up.

Not that he needs to say anything, with the Tebow Congregation more than happy to say it all for him. Over and over and over. And over.

DarkHorse
10-10-2011, 07:52 PM
What did Tebow say?

Something about being willing to do whatever the coaches ask of him.

jhns
10-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Preseaon. Look it up.

He said preseason? Weird.

DomCasual
10-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Decker reminds me of a poor man's Travis McGriff.

vonqkilla
10-10-2011, 08:10 PM
I went to a nicks nursery/pumpkin patch today, great place for kids. Off chambers and like iliff area of aurora.

Simple Jake
10-10-2011, 08:14 PM
He said preseason? Weird.

Ha!

Simple Jake
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM
If I were Tebow, at the next practice I would be all "Hey, Bay Bay, wanna go toss the football around?" And I would say it to where Decker could hear. And . . . in a way that says I wanted him to hear. And a catty glance.

Also I would say "Good catch, Bay Bay!" A lot.

He should also say "Hey Decker! You suck balls and I like Bay Bay better."

Rolandftw
10-10-2011, 08:21 PM
I swear, Tebow fanatics are ridiculous. Decker didn't even say anything negative about Tebow. All he did is play the locker room politics and refused to throw either QB under the bus. He's not going to say "We've really sucked horse nuts under Kyle, and I'm real glad that our coach finally grew a pair and decided to play The messi-- I mean Tebow."

If Tebow plays enough, hopefully his timing is better. Definitely had a chance for a big play to Decker, that would have likely been caught if it was a better pass.

DBroncos4life
He should also say "Hey Decker! You suck balls and I like Bay Bay better."

And Decker should say "Bay Bay is your sideline clothes clean for Sunday?"

razorwire77
Glad to see there is nobody overreacting in this thread, and that Decker's statements are being rationally discussed within the context of the interview.

Jay3
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
If Tebow plays enough, hopefully his timing is better. Definitely had a chance for a big play to Decker, that would have likely been caught if it was a better pass.

Or if Decker was faster. Tebow will get adjusted to Decker's speed with practice.

Jay3
10-10-2011, 08:23 PM
Or just throw it to Bay Bay and Lloyd.

broncocalijohn
10-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Young player being young. Catch the ball when Tebow throws it to you and you will see the ball more often. Thats how it works.

He was trying to do just that on Sunday! (Bring on the hate folks)

Simple Jake
10-10-2011, 08:28 PM
And Decker should say "Bay Bay is your sideline clothes clean for Sunday?"

Bay Bay wouldn't have a comeback for that

extralife
10-10-2011, 08:33 PM
And Decker should say "Bay Bay <b>is</b> your sideline clothes clean for Sunday?"

Decker basically aced the wonderlic, so I'm pretty sure he'd be smart enough to use the plural there.

Jay3
10-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Bay Bay wouldn't have a comeback for that

It might startle him and he'd pull a hammy.

barryr
10-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Decker would have a point if the team was performing well, but considering the record and the offensive stats, he has no point. He had a big game recently and that is what is on his mind. Get open more consistently and he will get the ball no matter who is at QB.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 08:40 PM
I swear, Tebow fanatics are ridiculous. Decker didn't even say anything negative about Tebow. All he did is play the locker room politics and refused to throw either QB under the bus. He's not going to say "We've really sucked horse nuts under Kyle, and I'm real glad that our coach finally grew a pair and decided to play The messi-- I mean Tebow."

Why can't these receivers simply say we have 3 excellent QBs that could be starting and are very fortunate to have that luxury and we will support whoever the coaches say gives us the best chance to win with at that time. Period.

Do you see Tebow crying in the media about decisions made by the coaches? showing alack of support? Maybe that's why he is a winner.. take a lesson.

vonqkilla
10-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Is Curb the funniest show on tv ever?

Inkana7
10-10-2011, 08:42 PM
Why can't these receivers simply say we have 3 excellent QBs that could be starting and are very fortunate to have that luxury and we will support whoever the coaches say gives us the best chance to win with at that time. Period.

Do you see Tebow crying in the media about decisions made by the coaches? showing alack of support? Maybe that's why he is a winner.. take a lesson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/05/tebow-on-starting-job-i-feel-like-it-was-grabbed-back-away/

Baba Booey
10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Holy cow, guys. He's pretty much spot on with everything he said.

They are going to have to work on pocket passing with Tebow. And he had plenty of good things to say about him.

Rolandftw
10-10-2011, 09:42 PM

First off, we don't have three excellent QB's that should be starting but I guess that's beside the point. I still think Tebow fans are overreacting like crazy on this. He was asked a question, and gave an answer that not only was true but one that made sense.

Tebow will have to work with his timing with the WR's on the team. He hopefully will get all the chances to do so, if he is named the starter.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Glad to see there is nobody overreacting in this thread, and that Decker's statements are being rationally discussed within the context of the interview.

I think a lot of us are sick of our receivers making statements at all. Seriously they just need to shut their mouths and do their jobs.

DarkHorse
Like I said - EVERY person at every position needs to just put their heads down and work hard.

Only a select couple of guys on this roster should have the right to say anything to the media with the way they're all playing.

Shut up and work - all of you.

Bronco Yoda
Me thinks it all comes down to Jack and Ho's.

There will much less of all that in the QB/WR meetings and after hours get-togethers and Decker ain't digging that.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Like I said - EVERY person at every position needs to just put their heads down and work hard.

Only a select couple of guys on this roster should have the right to say anything to the media with the way they're all playing.

Shut up and work - all of you.

Exactly.

Requiem
10-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Miss I. needs to spank Decker.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2011, 10:04 PM
That's a nightly dream she plays out over and over again already. :)

Turd_Ferguson
10-10-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow. I listened to this live. I didnt see anything wrong with what he said. Its easy for me to sit here and say Orton is garbage, but I'm not his team mate. Decker didn't say anything bad about Tebow or Orton. I'm glad he didn't. I hope to God Tebow is the starter, I haven't been this excited for the team all year, but I'm not going to throw Decker (one of the few bright spots so far this year) under the bus for being wishy washy.
The sickening part of this show was listening to Gottlieb talk about how bad Tebow is, and refer to him as a 3rd string back up right before he started the interview with Decker. And lets be honest Gottlieb wasn't asking him Tebow friendly questions he was saying Tebow sucks you want Orton right? Yea but Tebow didnt energize the crowd right away did he? Gottlieb is an a hole and a chargers homer.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Gottlieb is an a hole and a chargers homer.

And his name sounds like a juicy bodily function of one sort or another...

SoCalBronco
10-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Miss I. needs to spank Decker.

ROFL!

Broncobiv
10-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Wow. I listened to this live. I didnt see anything wrong with what he said. Its easy for me to sit here and say Orton is garbage, but I'm not his team mate. Decker didn't say anything bad about Tebow or Orton. I'm glad he didn't. I hope to God Tebow is the starter, I haven't been this excited for the team all year, but I'm not going to throw Decker (one of the few bright spots so far this year) under the bus for being wishy washy.
The sickening part of this show was listening to Gottlieb talk about how bad Tebow is, and refer to him as a 3rd string back up right before he started the interview with Decker. And lets be honest Gottlieb wasn't asking him Tebow friendly questions he was saying Tebow sucks you want Orton right? Yea but Tebow didnt energize the crowd right away did he? Gottlieb is an a hole and a chargers homer.

Thank you for injecting some honest perspective into this thread!

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 10:46 PM
No, but a few of you jackasses need to have a chat with Spider and he can show you how the throat punching thing works or maybe the ball bearings and gold lame thong (whatever floats your boat).

Geezus, did any of you listen to the interview? I did. He didn't say anything worth getting all your panties in a twist about.

He's been a bright spot in an otherwise pathetic offensive showing. could we not hang him out to dry. I look forward to seeing what he can do with Tim under center.

He's a good wide receiver and I did not pick up the same vibe as the OP from listening to the radio broadcast, although I do think the OP tried explaining this was not the Eric Decker is a douchebag feeding frenzy thread.

You guys can be such ****ing drama queens. He gave an actually very generous opinion to everyone. The kid was trying to avoid this kind of bull****, but unfortunately people like to make mountains out of molehills so Decker might be better off just not responding anymore at all. Of course then everyone will be like, "oh he wouldn't answer, what is he hiding" so the guy can't win for anything with this crowd.

And so don't you think he should just not talk about it? That's the thing to me. What he said wasn't a big deal, but in the end it's still going to feed the media frenzy. Whatever happened to players keeping this stuff to themselves and not commenting on their teammates?

SoCalBronco
10-10-2011, 10:50 PM
No, but a few of you jackasses need to have a chat with Spider and he can show you how the throat punching thing works or maybe the ball bearings and gold lame thong (whatever floats your boat).

Geezus, did any of you listen to the interview? I did. He didn't say anything worth getting all your panties in a twist about.

He's been a bright spot in an otherwise pathetic offensive showing. could we not hang him out to dry. I look forward to seeing what he can do with Tim under center.

He's a good wide receiver and I did not pick up the same vibe as the OP from listening to the radio broadcast, although I do think the OP tried explaining this was not the Eric Decker is a douchebag feeding frenzy thread.

You guys can be such ****ing drama queens. He gave an actually very generous opinion to everyone. The kid was trying to avoid this kind of bull****, but unfortunately people like to make mountains out of molehills so Decker might be better off just not responding anymore at all. Of course then everyone will be like, "oh he wouldn't answer, what is he hiding" so the guy can't win for anything with this crowd.

This is all well and good Miss I., but what Req and Yoda said is still 100% true. You want to spank Decker.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 10:51 PM
And so don't you think he should just not talk about it? That's the thing to me. What he said wasn't a big deal, but in the end it's still going to feed the media frenzy. Whatever happened to players keeping this stuff to themselves and not commenting on their teammates?

That's the Patriot way.

Maybe if you guys still had McDaniels... ;)

SoCalBronco
10-10-2011, 10:55 PM
nope. he's way too young. he's awfully pretty, but way too young for me to play those kind of reindeer games with. ;D

You could be Decker's cougar.

You'll have to fight gunns off first, though.

;D

epicSocialism4tw
10-10-2011, 10:59 PM
http://gallery.rennlist.com/albums/album245/PittyThread.jpg
^notice that "pity" was spelled incorrectly, but this was the only picture with Mr.T, which obviously makes up for it.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2011, 11:36 PM
http://cdn.comicartfans.com/Images/Category_4054/subcat_6648/matt.jpg

Archer81
10-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I can think of a few things he can better use his mouth for...

Yes. I went there.

SoCalBronco
10-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Ahahahaha, nice one Yoda.

ol#7
10-11-2011, 01:11 AM
First I dont see that many negative comments about this, not sure where Miss I. is making that connection, second I am sick and tired of the fans being thrown under the bus for not supporting Kyle Orton. KO sucks, we have seen it, been force fed it, and frankly had enough of it. If they go back to KO after the bye, I am going to break something Orange and Blue. I cant take anymore of that unispired, could care less QB play. Enough already.

lonestar
10-11-2011, 02:22 AM
They don't get two weeks of practice. Players get this week off and get back to work next Monday.

A tually according to Elway they will work tuesday and wednesday and then have 4 straight days off. Coming back to work on Monday next.
Part of the new CBA.

lonestar
10-11-2011, 02:25 AM

One of your all time top ten posts. No wonder no one takes you seriously.

lonestar
10-11-2011, 02:36 AM
So much for the advantage of having a bye...

The bye week when set up was fondest the players get ages back into playing shape healing bumps and bruises. It was not designed for changing QBs. n

Yet many teams kind of made it to be the time frame for changes.

ol#7
10-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Picked it up from the edit by the OP and then the number of "shut up and play" thoughts. and someone actually did call him Terrell Owens, which seems like hyperbole to me.

Quotes:
"Well, im glad he enjoys a 4-12 season and a current 1-4 one, as long as he gets his touches"
--He never implied/or stated in his interview that it was all about HIM getting touches.

"Earth to Decker: You're going to be here at least a few more years. Orton has 11 more games in Denver. If you want consistency, try building it with the guy who may be around for the long haul.
Decker needs to shut his pie hole and play football. Orton was taking this team no where!"
--He neither said or implied anything saying Orton should play or that Tebow should play. He said the whole team was responsible for getting it done against the Chargers and nobody was getting it done in the beginning. He did say Kyle worked hard and some other nice things (as teammates do sometimes) but none of it actually says I want Kyle to keep playing. \

"2nd year player. Just catch the damn ball sonny boy"
"Mini t.o."
"Shut up and play."
"Someone really needs to tell our WRs to shut the **** up. Stop giving the media **** to talk about you dip****s. Keep your thoughts and feelings to yourselves."
"I'll never understand the "me" attitudes. I get it, cause NFL players have egos, but damn... I want players who want to win no matter what."

All of these again indicate the writers did not listen to the interview. Eric did not display a "me" attitude and I would wager money this interview was set up by the FO as are a number of these things. The statements he made overall were pretty generic and harmless. The reason I think the few negative nancies got their **** in a twist is because they though Eric was down on Tebow. He is not down on Tebow, kid actually tried to be as supportive as he could of everyone and tried to answer honestly without throwing anyone under the bus. He's a helluva lot more savy than Lloyd was a few interviews back.

Ohhh, so you were just being overly sensitive then. You didnt need to provide examples of pretty tame comments about what Decker said.

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 04:27 AM
Ohhh, so you were just being overly sensitive then. You didnt need to provide examples of pretty tame comments about what Decker said.

She had a valid point that what Decker said was pretty tame... bland... as well. Yet with some posters here anything that can possibly be construed as... or even twisted into... "ZOMG!!! He dissed Tebow!!!!" puts a massive knot in the ol' Hanes.

jhns
10-11-2011, 04:59 AM
One of your all time top ten posts. No wonder no one takes you seriously.

You mad.

ol#7
10-11-2011, 05:22 AM
She had a valid point that what Decker said was pretty tame... bland... as well. Yet with some posters here anything that can possibly be construed as... or even twisted into... "ZOMG!!! He dissed Tebow!!!!" puts a massive knot in the ol' Hanes.

Come on, there really isnt that much knashing of the teeth or hand wringing over this. Of course you feel that no one should be allowed to say a negative word about the great John Elway either.

I think a little perspective is in order. Fans finally have a little hope that we can at least get excited about the product on the field and a player throws some cold water on it. I didnt see anybody going off the deep end. Sheesh!

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Come on, there really isnt that much knashing of the teeth or hand wringing over this. Of course you feel that no one should be allowed to say a negative word about the great John Elway either.

I think a little perspective is in order. Fans finally have a little hope that we can at least get excited about the product on the field and a player throws some cold water on it. I didnt see anybody going off the deep end. Sheesh!

Then you must have MacGruder on ignore. :P

on edit: Oops.. I meant Agamemnon...

Jay3
10-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Yet with some posters here anything that can possibly be construed as... or even twisted into... "ZOMG!!! He dissed Tebow!!!!" puts a massive knot in the ol' Hanes.

It's Jockeys!!!!!!

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 05:31 AM
It's Jockeys!!!!!!

Jockeys... Hanes... FOH... VS... it's all just undies. LOL

(yeah, yeah, yeah... I know Tebow is in some mens underwear ad... must be Jockeys)

RhymesayersDU
10-11-2011, 05:39 AM

Except this isn't a Tebow issue, it's this board's insane obsession with "flava clowns" and other such nonsense. The high-horse brigade never fails in situations like this. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Except this isn't a Tebow issue, it's this board's insane obsession with "flava clowns" and other such nonsense. The high-horse brigade never fails in situations like this. It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The OP (what Decker said) was completely a non-issue. "The Tebow thing" made that molehill into at least a grassy knoll if not a mountain.

v2micca
10-11-2011, 05:44 AM

Thread is 5 pages and counting already filled with choice little nuggets that in the least could be construed as displeased with Eric Decker. If this is a mild reaction, I'm really worried about the state of Bronco Country.

Yes, some perspective is in order. While participating in what appeared to an interview set up by the team's PR office he failed to give all glory to the great Tebow almighty. He had the audacity to credit other players on the field with contributing to the excitement of the second half. He refused to throw Kyle Orton under the bus. My god, how we have not drug him into the streets and publicly flogged him for this affront to our lord and master Tebow is beyond me.

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 05:48 AM
Thread is 5 pages and counting already filled with choice little nuggets that in the least could be construed as displeased with Eric Decker. If this is a mild reaction, I'm really worried about the state of Bronco Country.

Yes, some perspective is in order. While participating in what appeared to an interview set up by the team's PR office he failed to give all glory to the great Tebow almighty. He had the audacity to credit other players on the field with contributing to the excitement of the second half. He refused to throw Kyle Orton under the bus. My god, how we have not drug him into the streets and publicly flogged him for this affront to our lord and master Tebow is beyond me.

Yup... the Decker-dissing started with Post #2 of the thread. Are we really turning into a single-player (not a team) fanbase? ??? It looks that way if we castigate a Bronco for saying it was the team and not just one player who rallied in the second half Sunday. Team solidarity is more important than Tebow butt-kissing.

Dedhed
10-11-2011, 05:57 AM

True, but I have a feeling at least one guy will be in the building working with coaches every day.

OrangeSe7en
10-11-2011, 06:02 AM
First I dont see that many negative comments about this, not sure where Miss I. is making that connection, second I am sick and tired of the fans being thrown under the bus for not supporting Kyle Orton. KO sucks, we have seen it, been force fed it, and frankly had enough of it. If they go back to KO after the bye, I am going to break something Orange and Blue. I cant take anymore of that unispired, could care less QB play. Enough already.

To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, I'm not worried about his morale. It's his job to raise my morale.

ol#7
10-11-2011, 06:59 AM
Yup... the Decker-dissing started with Post #2 of the thread. Are we really turning into a single-player (not a team) fanbase? ??? It looks that way if we castigate a Bronco for saying it was the team and not just one player who rallied in the second half Sunday. Team solidarity is more important than Tebow butt-kissing.

Really??

You dont remember the years and years of it being John Elway and the Denver Broncos?

MacGruder
10-11-2011, 07:03 AM

Unless it's kissing Elway's butt and deifying him...

ppablo
10-11-2011, 07:07 AM

Yeah I'm with you... I listened to what Decker had to say... I don't think he said anything bad?? I'm waiting for the official word today!! TEBOW!

bowtown
10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
And so it begins.

Play2win
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah, so let the Tebow fanatics hate on Lloyd and Decker, two of the player that can actually make Tebow a lot better. So, in the end, the Tebow Fanatics are just hating on Tebow.

Pony Boy
10-11-2011, 08:01 AM

You lost me at Tim under center ............... maybe Tin in the gun or even in the pistol. Decker is a bright spot but he's probably thinking, crap I need to learn how to block. Down field blocking for Orton or Moreno was seldom called for.

v2micca
10-11-2011, 08:59 AM
Really??

You dont remember the years and years of it being John Elway and the Denver Broncos?

I also remember the 3 embarrassing Superbowl Blow-outs. Then I remember someone getting this idea of trying to win it all with a complete team. Remind me how that turned out again?

We are all excited about Tebow and what he brings to the table. But I'm also excited about what Decker and Lloyd bring to the table and don't feel the need to publicly excoriate them just because they aren't as thrilled with the QB change as I am.

Rolandftw
10-11-2011, 09:03 AM
It seems to me that most Tebow fans are the opposite of Tim Tebow. While Tebow constantly says that he is going to continue to work harder, get better and improve--his fanbase gets offended when a receiver basically doesn't call Tebow the greatest QB ever. It's just ridiculous.

If Tebow was asked the same question, I think he'd answer it similarly. Would it be a slam on Decker, then?

barryr
10-11-2011, 09:07 AM
What is this with "Tebow fans?" Because people want him playing instead of a QB who is hardly showing he is the answer as the long term QB makes people just fans of Tebow, buit not the team? Ridiculous! If the team was 4-1, then maybe there would be a point.

I remember the Broncos being 7-3 with Plummer, yet some fans wanting Cutler to play anyway. So they especially maybe were just "Cutler fans" and not Bronco fans too then since the team had a winning record at the time.

vancejohnson82
10-11-2011, 09:29 AM
this isn't where I parked my car

Tombstone RJ
10-11-2011, 09:34 AM
wow 5 pages, really? Is this another Hillis thread--yah that's right, I went there!

Crushaholic
10-11-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Decker venting. Change is a difficult thing. He'll adapt, or be out of the league...

Drek
10-11-2011, 10:07 AM
I don't see why this is surprising. Decker worked with Orton in the off-season, spent what little camp there was working with Orton, worked with him again all pre-season, and did so all through the first five weeks of the regular season.

He has spent very little time working with Tebow at all, and that is a significant hurdle to overcome when Decker was just starting to establish himself.

I don't think it is meant to be derisive towards Tebow, just a reasonable cause for concern.

Rolandftw
10-11-2011, 10:28 AM
What is this with "Tebow fans?" Because people want him playing instead of a QB who is hardly showing he is the answer as the long term QB makes people just fans of Tebow, buit not the team? Ridiculous! If the team was 4-1, then maybe there would be a point.

I remember the Broncos being 7-3 with Plummer, yet some fans wanting Cutler to play anyway. So they especially maybe were just "Cutler fans" and not Bronco fans too then since the team had a winning record at the time.

It's fine to want a new QB. Nothing wrong with it, especially considering how bad Orton has played.

I fully support Tebow as the starter now, and hope the kid does well... but I still think some of his fans were more fans of him then the Broncos with some of the stuff they said.

I will fully admit I was one of the bigger Orton apologists, but now that Tebow is the starter I am all in on it.

I don't think anyone is arguing anymore that Orton should be the starter, so I dunno what your point is.

I only say Tebow fans, because it's obvious they get their undies in a wad about about anything that could possibly get misconstrued as criticism.

And the whole thing is hypocritical. If Decker went out on a limb, and said Tebow was the best QB on the team then Tebow's fans would love it.

It's not about a player speaking his mind. People would be fine if he spoke his mind, if he said what THEY wanted to hear.

No one had any problem with Champ claiming he hopes he gets a chance to play with Tebow/he's the hardest working guy in camp.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:33 AM
It's fine to want a new QB. Nothing wrong with it, especially considering how bad Orton has played.

I fully support Tebow as the starter now, and hope the kid does well... but I still think some of his fans were more fans of him then the Broncos with some of the stuff they said.

I will fully admit I was one of the bigger Orton apologists, but now that Tebow is the starter I am all in on it.

I don't think anyone is arguing anymore that Orton should be the starter, so I dunno what your point is.

I only say Tebow fans, because it's obvious they get their undies in a wad about about anything that could possibly get misconstrued as criticism.

And the whole thing is hypocritical. If Decker went out on a limb, and said Tebow was the best QB on the team then Tebow's fans would love it.

It's not about a player speaking his mind. People would be fine if he spoke his mind, if he said what THEY wanted to hear.

No one had any problem with Champ claiming he hopes he gets a chance to play with Tebow/he's the hardest working guy in camp.

So there are Tebow fans and Bronco fans, they can't be the one and the same?

I think Decker would have more of a point if the team was winning, say like back when fans called for Cutler to play over Plummer when at that time, they had a winning record.

Rolandftw
10-11-2011, 10:37 AM
I think if you're a fan hoping that the Broncos lose with Orton, so Tebow can play then you're not much of a fan. Not saying that is you, or even the majority of fans that happen to like Tebow a lot. It's the same thing to me as hoping your team loses so you get a higher draft pick.

There were definitely fans that fit that category. I don't remember any "Cutler fans" claiming that they hoped the team would lose with Plummer so Jay could start, either.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I think if you're a fan hoping that the Broncos lose with Orton, so Tebow can play then you're not much of a fan. Not saying that is you, or even the majority of fans that happen to like Tebow a lot. It's the same thing to me as hoping your team loses so you get a higher draft pick.

There were definitely fans that fit that category. I don't remember any "Cutler fans" claiming that they hoped the team would lose with Plummer so Jay could start, either.

So, people wanting Tebow over Orton were then rooting for the Broncos to lose? Interesting logic. I don't recall many posts of people happy they lost games. In fact, I would say I see quite a few posts of people hoping they lose, even threads started, so they can draft Luck. So will you call them Luck fans and not fans of the Broncos?

v2micca
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
So, people wanting Tebow over Orton were then rooting for the Broncos to lose? Interesting logic. I don't recall many posts of people happy they lost games.

Run a search on McGruder's posts.

barryr
10-11-2011, 10:43 AM

Wow, one person. I have seen more posts and threads about wanting the Broncos to lose to draft Luck than posts about wanting them to lose to play Tebow. So are they just Luck fans and not Bronco fans?

Rolandftw
10-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I don't personally agree with the idea of celebrating a loss just to get a higher draft pick. There's obvious advantages with picking higher, but winning games also creates a winning culture that more players want to be a part of. I'll always cheer for the Broncos to win, but if they lose there's a very small silver lining with the higher draft pick.

I'm not arrogant enough to believe that my cheering or booing a team would lead to the team winning or losing either...

And it wasn't just one person. There were quite a few Bronco fans that saw it as the best case scenario that Orton went 1-4 or 0-5, just so they could see Tim Tebow. I'm not even talking about only the om either.

barryr
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
I don't personally agree with the idea of celebrating a loss just to get a higher draft pick. There's obvious advantages with picking higher, but winning games also creates a winning culture that more players want to be a part of. I'll always cheer for the Broncos to win, but if they lose there's a very small silver lining with the higher draft pick.

I'm not arrogant enough to believe that my cheering or booing a team would lead to the team winning or losing either...

And it wasn't just one person. There were quite a few Bronco fans that saw it as the best case scenario that Orton went 1-4 or 0-5, just so they could see Tim Tebow. I'm not even talking about only the om either.

Like I said, I have seen more people wanting losses for Luck than for Tebow.

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Really??

For you... and MacGruder (I don't quote him out of courtesy to other posters)... no one kissed Elway's butt until he earned it out there on the field. And it was never "just John"... he also had the Three Amigos and Rod, Shannon, & Eddie... and TD...

And it's far more productive to focus on what Tebow can do on the field than to sit here imagining some sort of possible rift between him and his WRs.... and savaging those WRs for whatever reason. Tebow needs to get on the same page with both Lloyd and Decker 'cause teamwork is the only way wins happen in the sport of football. You want individual accolades for individual performances? Then maybe golf is your sport. Football's a team sport and credit for any accomplishments is shared. As unsung as they are, O-linemen are the primary cogs that run an offense... as their performance goes, so goes the performance of the QB and the RBs.

elsid13
10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
For you... and MacGruder (I don't quote him out of courtesy to other posters)... no one kissed Elway's butt until he earned it out there on the field. And it was never "just John"... he also had the Three Amigos and Rod, Shannon, & Eddie... and TD...

And it's far more productive to focus on what Tebow can do on the field than to sit here imagining some sort of possible rift between him and his WRs.... and savaging those WRs for whatever reason. Tebow needs to get on the same page with both Lloyd and Decker 'cause teamwork is the only way wins happen in the sport of football. You want individual accolades for individual performances? Then maybe golf is your sport. Football's a team sport and credit for any accomplishments is shared. As unsung as they are, O-linemen are the primary cogs that run an offense... as their performance goes, so goes the performance of the QB and the RBs.

Great post - rep.

Jay3
10-11-2011, 05:42 PM
I question Blueflame's loyalty to Tebow. She is doing what I like to call "pulling a Decker."

Jay3
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
Which is not the same thing as an upper decker.

Jay3
10-11-2011, 05:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KkaLL.jpg

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 09:14 PM
I question Blueflame's loyalty to Tebow. She is doing what I like to call "pulling a Decker."

You'd be right too. My primary loyalty is to the Denver Broncos. Since Tim Tebow's the starting QB and the Broncos' fate is tied to how well he performs, my hope is that he'll be wildly successful. It's all about the team to me.

schaaf
10-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Which is not the same thing as an upper decker.

Did one to my friend last year... Took him 2 months to speak to me again haha

RaiderH8r
10-11-2011, 09:49 PM
With RARE exception, WRs in general are a bunch of self centered sissies. They don't block, they complain, they gripe about touches, they are the quintessential mouths writing checks their asses can't cash. It's a good thing they have OLmen to look out for their pansy asses. Frankly, I'm always more interested in what OLmen have to say about these general matters than WRs. Nails, Stink, Zimm, Clady, Beadles, Walton, Kupe, hell Franklin. Any of those guys want to talk about the changes that they feel I'm more interested in it than a WR as a general rule. Why? OLmen eat rocks and crap gunpowder. Generally.

HAT
10-11-2011, 09:53 PM
Decker is a ****ing stud (As anyone who watches college football already knew)...Why anyone has a problem with him is beyond me.

orangenblue2
10-11-2011, 10:53 PM
This sentence painful read. Ha!

ROFL! Funniest you be...

schaaf
10-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Decker is a ****ing stud (As anyone who watches college football already knew)...Why anyone has a problem with him is beyond me.

My problem with him is that his girlfriend is a hell of a lot hotter than my girlfriend... **** him!

Blueflame
10-11-2011, 11:12 PM

I think it's 'cause there's a full moon out... makes people cranky.

ol#7
10-12-2011, 01:51 AM

You completely missed my point. Everywhere the Broncos played it was John Elway and the Denver Broncos. NBC would lead off there coverage as such. Your fooling yourself if you dont think that there was a cult of Elway going on. The rest of the team was second fiddle to #7.

FWIW, everyone points to the 3 SB losses as some kind of meaninfull comparison. The first two we still had pieces from the 78 Defense and that side of the ball was alot better than people give credit for. It wasnt all John Elway (although he was extremely clutch!)

That said, there is a reason they call certain players the face of the franchise. Dont be so disingenious by twisting the point into some kind of I only root for the laundry contest.

Blueflame
10-12-2011, 03:50 AM
You completely missed my point. Everywhere the Broncos played it was John Elway and the Denver Broncos. NBC would lead off there coverage as such. Your fooling yourself if you dont think that there was a cult of Elway going on. The rest of the team was second fiddle to #7.

FWIW, everyone points to the 3 SB losses as some kind of meaninfull comparison. The first two we still had pieces from the 78 Defense and that side of the ball was alot better than people give credit for. It wasnt all John Elway (although he was extremely clutch!)

That said, there is a reason they call certain players the face of the franchise. Dont be so disingenious by twisting the point into some kind of I only root for the laundry contest.

It would have been interesting to have internet message boards around back in '83 and to be able to access posts that might have been made around that time. Elway wasn't universally liked or embraced when he first arrived in Denver and I'm certain there were those who thought he was "overrated" "spoiled" "cocky" and "overhyped". However... the media spotlight back then was nowhere near what it is now; even for a player like Elway. It took Elway some time... some "holy crap did you see that!!!" plays... and more wins than losses... before he became "the face of the franchise".

Again, though... you really cannot compare "the Tebow thing" to what happened with Elway because the media is so different now.

I still maintain that it wasn't "just Elway"... most Broncos fans can still name the Three Amigos (Mark Jackson, Vance Johnson, and Ricky Nattiel) and even remember which one (Jackson) caught the pass to score on the Drive. Broncos fans remember Karl Mecklenburg, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams... hell, I don't know that there was a happier human being on the face of the planet than Romanowski when the Broncos won SB XXXII. There's so much Broncos history that the Tebow-only fans (who have been so vocal... racking up thousands of posts... since training camp began) just don't get... and seem to have no interest in learning. And sometimes it's difficult to keep from transferring annoyance at them... to their hero as well. I'll freely admit I struggle with this.

MacGruder
10-12-2011, 04:37 AM
Originally Posted by barryr
So, people wanting Tebow over Orton were then rooting for the Broncos to lose? Interesting logic. I don't recall many posts of people happy they lost games.

I don't understand how anyone could see it any other way...

But I, unlike many, knew the problem wasn't McDaniels as most Bronco's fans seemed to want to believe.. I knew McD was actually making Orton look much better than he was. And that was proven, IMO.

I didn't want to see Orton win a couple games like he did last year then the team wastes the entire year on him again just like last season.

Blueflame
10-12-2011, 05:12 AM
Tebow is the best .

Without looking it up... who was Floyd Little and why is he in the Pro Football Hall of Fame?

Northman
10-12-2011, 05:43 AM
Decker appeared on the Doug Gottlieb show.

Edit: Just to clarify, I think the Decker-hate that has already gestated in this thread is off-base; Decker came off as sincere and reasonable to me.

Edit: here's the link to ESPN's radio player: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=7085698 Listen for yourselves.

Listened to the link and didnt hear ANY of what you stated here. He basically just said its a team game and they all have things to work on. Ha!

ol#7
10-12-2011, 06:31 AM
It would have been interesting to have internet message boards around back in '83 and to be able to access posts that might have been made around that time. Elway wasn't universally liked or embraced when he first arrived in Denver and I'm certain there were those who thought he was "overrated" "spoiled" "cocky" and "overhyped". However... the media spotlight back then was nowhere near what it is now; even for a player like Elway. It took Elway some time... some "holy crap did you see that!!!" plays... and more wins than losses... before he became "the face of the franchise".

Again, though... you really cannot compare "the Tebow thing" to what happened with Elway because the media is so different now.

I still maintain that it wasn't "just Elway"... most Broncos fans can still name the Three Amigos (Mark Jackson, Vance Johnson, and Ricky Nattiel) and even remember which one (Jackson) caught the pass to score on the Drive. Broncos fans remember Karl Mecklenburg, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams... hell, I don't know that there was a happier human being on the face of the planet than Romanowski when the Broncos won SB XXXII. There's so much Broncos history that the Tebow-only fans (who have been so vocal... racking up thousands of posts... since training camp began) just don't get... and seem to have no interest in learning. And sometimes it's difficult to keep from transferring annoyance at them... to their hero as well. I'll freely admit I struggle with this.

I dont think you recall just how much of a spotlight there was when the Rocky and the Post were at war. There were stories on what kind of candy Elway gave out for halloween.

You dont need to provide a list of the Broncos from the time, any fan of the team knew who Billy Bryan, Gerald Wilhite, Clearance Kay, Dave Studdard, Jim Ryan, Tony Lilly (whom the ladies loved) were, point being few outside of Denver could name anyone not named John Elway. Thats the point your missing.

I think what your confusing is the 80's Bronco experience (John Elway and the Denver Broncos) vs what they became at the tail end of the 90's when they had more star power (TD, Rod Smith, Sharpe, Neil Smith et al.)

This team really doesnt have alot of Star power. In alot of ways its similar to when Elway arrived in the 80's when the only player who had been to a pro bowl on offense was Steve Watson (1981).

In other words, dont get all twisted with people who love Tebow. People loved Elway the same way and the situation is very comparable. FWIW, while I think he is hands down the all time greatest Bronco, he was never my favorite player.

As to the message board thing, many, many people hated Elway (mostly for demanding the trade) and thought he was over rated. There was a Sports Illustrated article in the mid 90's that ranked Jim Everrette ahead of Elway (along with many other lesser QB's). People tend to forget that there was no consensus that Elway was a sure fire HOF candidate until he finished with those two trophies.

Pseudofool
10-12-2011, 06:44 AM
Listened to the link and didnt hear ANY of what you stated here. He basically just said its a team game and they all have things to work on. Ha!Well, I can't expect everyone to have my analytical or reading comprehension abilities, now can I?

TonyR
10-12-2011, 07:19 AM
You completely missed my point.

You're clearly the one missing the point here. You tried to put Tebow on par with Elway. As Blue pointed out Tebow hasn't earned that status yet. Yes, it was "Elway and the Broncos" to some extent, as you said. But it isn't "Tebow and the Broncos", or to the extent it is it shouldn't be. This shouldn't be so difficult.

TheReverend
10-12-2011, 07:48 AM
You're clearly the one missing the point here. You tried to put Tebow on par with Elway. As Blue pointed out Tebow hasn't earned that status yet. Yes, it was "Elway and the Broncos" to some extent, as you said. But it isn't "Tebow and the Broncos", or to the extent it is it shouldn't be. This shouldn't be so difficult.

You guys are over-sensitive to any mention/comparison to Elway.

He's not claiming Tim's ability is on par with Elway, he's claiming Tim's star-power is.

And it is.

TonyR
10-12-2011, 08:10 AM
He's not claiming Tim's ability is on par with Elway, he's claiming Tim's star-power is.

From that perspective I agree. My point is more that Elway earned the right to be the face of the Broncos whereas Tebow really hasn't yet. And that's no knock on Tebow, nor is it any kind of hope that he doesn't earn such a right. Remember also that Elway came into the league considered a "once in a generation" type of talent, while Tebow was largely considered a 4th round draft pick.

jhns
10-12-2011, 08:16 AM
From that perspective I agree. My point is more that Elway earned the right to be the face of the Broncos whereas Tebow really hasn't yet. And that's no knock on Tebow, nor is it any kind of hope that he doesn't earn such a right. Remember also that Elway came into the league considered a "once in a generation" type of talent, while Tebow was largely considered a 4th round draft pick.

He was a first round pick and you calk him a fourth. Why the hate? It is insane that some of you decended guys like McDaniels and Orton from any negative talk as you hate on a good, and productive, player like Tebow. Kind of sad that so many of you hate this franchise as you claim to be fans.

TheDave
10-12-2011, 08:20 AM

It is so awesome how everyones post now has to have the above disclaimer in it.

I remember the same routine with McD in 2009, I hope the mob has it right this time. And that's no knock on Tebow, nor is it any kind of hope that he doesnt...

jhns
10-12-2011, 08:24 AM

I remember the same routine with McD in 2009, I hope the mob has it right this time. And that's no knock on Tebow, nor is it any kind of hope that he doesnt...

I hated McDaniels by the time his first offseason was done. He proved he couldn't run a team.

You hate on Tebow after he has proven to be extremely productive in 3.5 games.

This isn't the same sheard mentality. This time you are fighting reality.

TonyR
10-12-2011, 08:25 AM

It is funny. I love Tebow and so want him to succeed. I'm not remotely a "Tebow hater". The guy is impossible not to like and root for. But every time anyone posts an honest take that doesn't radiate sunshine about the guy they get attacked for it.

bowtown
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
It is funny. I love Tebow and so want him to succeed. I'm not remotely a "Tebow hater". The guy is impossible not to like and root for. But every time anyone posts an honest take that doesn't radiate sunshine about the guy they get attacked for it.

It will be your fault if he fails. That Dave guy doesn't get off the hook either.

jhns
10-12-2011, 08:30 AM

You are arguing some of the dumbest **** I have seen, every time you see something pisitive about Tebow. This from a guy that defended mcDaniels and Orton against anyone that questioned them.

Keep claiming you aren't a hater though. Can you point to a positive post, that you made, about the QB that has been extremely productive for this team?

TheDave
10-12-2011, 08:34 AM
It will be your fault if he fails. That Dave guy doesn't get off the hook either.

Absolutely... I think I'm second to blame after that ElusiveOrton guy.

DeuceOfClub
10-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Listened to the link and didnt hear ANY of what you stated here. He basically just said its a team game and they all have things to work on. Ha!

Well, I didn't listen to the link nor did I read most of the thread. However, it's pretty clear to me that this Decker guy is a cancer that will do whatever possible to prevent Tebow from succeeding.

Better cut him now before he can do more damage.

Northman
10-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, I didn't listen to the link nor did I read most of the thread. However, it's pretty clear to me that this Decker guy is a cancer that will do whatever possible to prevent Tebow from succeeding.

Better cut him now before he can do more damage.

Yes, do it now.

Miss I.
10-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Yes, do it now.

yes do cut him (I do prefer them cut) then send him to me. I will take it from there. ;D

AlphaSeirra
10-12-2011, 09:51 AM
I dont think you recall just how much of a spotlight there was when the Rocky and the Post were at war. There were stories on what kind of candy Elway gave out for halloween.

You dont need to provide a list of the Broncos from the time, any fan of the team knew who Billy Bryan, Gerald Wilhite, Clearance Kay, Dave Studdard, Jim Ryan, Tony Lilly (whom the ladies loved) were, point being few outside of Denver could name anyone not named John Elway. Thats the point your missing.

I think what your confusing is the 80's Bronco experience (John Elway and the Denver Broncos) vs what they became at the tail end of the 90's when they had more star power (TD, Rod Smith, Sharpe, Neil Smith et al.)

This team really doesnt have alot of Star power. In alot of ways its similar to when Elway arrived in the 80's when the only player who had been to a pro bowl on offense was Steve Watson (1981).

In other words, dont get all twisted with people who love Tebow. People loved Elway the same way and the situation is very comparable. FWIW, while I think he is hands down the all time greatest Bronco, he was never my favorite player.

As to the message board thing, many, many people hated Elway (mostly for demanding the trade) and thought he was over rated. There was a Sports Illustrated article in the mid 90's that ranked Jim Everrette ahead of Elway (along with many other lesser QB's). People tend to forget that there was no consensus that Elway was a sure fire HOF candidate until he finished with those two trophies.

There also seems to be a whole lot of informed, 'true' Bronco fans that don't seem to know that:

Of The Three Amigos - Ricky Nattiel was a Gator
OR
That Safety Tony Lilly (whom the ladies loved) was also a Gator
OR
That Shanny was a former Gator Coach
OR
That Coach Mike Heimerdinger had been the WR's coach at Florida, when they won two consecutive SEC titles in 1984 and 1985. (per Wiki)
OR
That last seasons #2 WR, J.Gaffney, was yet another Gator.
OR
That Tebow is not the only current Gator/Bronco:
DE Derrick Harvey
DT Marcus Thomas
OR
The other many Gator - Bronco connections that have existed through the years.

But we Gator/Bronco fans just try to live with all of the OR's,
while we try to keep both of our ore's in the water and moving forward anyway..... :sunshine:

Lastly,,,,

The sun is Orange,
and the sky is Blue.
So Gawd must be a Gator/Bronco too.... ;)

bowtown
10-12-2011, 10:06 AM
There also seems to be a whole lot of informed, 'true' Bronco fans that don't seem to know that:

Of The Three Amigos - Ricky Nattiel was a Gator
OR
That Safety Tony Lilly (whom the ladies loved) was also a Gator
OR
That Shanny was a former Gator Coach
OR
That Coach Mike Heimerdinger had been the WR's coach at Florida, when they won two consecutive SEC titles in 1984 and 1985. (per Wiki)
OR
That last seasons #2 WR, J.Gaffney, was yet another Gator.
OR
That Tebow is not the only current Gator/Bronco:
DE Derrick Harvey
DT Marcus Thomas
OR
The other many Gator - Bronco connections that have existed through the years.

But we Gator/Bronco fans just try to live with all of the OR's,
while we try to keep both of our ore's in the water and moving forward anyway..... :sunshine:

Lastly,,,,

The sun is Orange,
and the sky is Blue.
So Gawd must be a Gator/Bronco too.... ;)

Sorry, what does this post have anything to do with anything?

TheDave
10-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Sorry, what does this post have anything to do with anything?

Gators are kool... Duh

bowtown
10-12-2011, 10:14 AM
Gators are kool... Duh

Oh, I see... I guess I should have picked that up from the awesome Ricky Nattiel, Derrick Harvey, Gabbar Gaffney name drops. Talk about cream of the crop.

maven
10-12-2011, 10:19 AM
It was ALWAYS Elway and the Broncos back then. It was never John Elway, Steve Atwater, Rulon Jones, Rod Bernstein, and the Denver Broncos.

AlphaSeirra
10-12-2011, 10:21 AM
From that perspective I agree. My point is more that Elway earned the right to be the face of the Broncos
whereas Tebow really hasn't yet. And that's no knock on Tebow, nor is it any kind of hope that he doesn't earn such a right.
Remember also that Elway came into the league considered a "once in a generation" type of talent, while Tebow was largely
considered a 4th round draft pick.

Difficult to 'earn' things when the staff 'fails' to utilize the talent that's available to them. :strong:

Yeah, a 4th round FB pick by those media morons that never miss on an 'entertainment' evaluation, (or GM's either) right?
Dan Marino was passed on by how many teams? So many that I forget....
While Ryan Leaf was what, a #2 draft pick, just barely behind P.Manning?
Or a Cade McNoun that was another LAC 10 'sure thing' #12 pick?

As little as Tim was used and prepared as a Bronco Rookie, Tebow still:

Had better QB passing production than the WELL prepared rookie QB Elway did.
Even in his little use, Tebow had 5 TD passes to Elway's 7 TD.
However, Tebow had only 3 Ints to Elway's 14 FREAKIN' Ints.

But get this, Tebow also had better rushing production than rookie FB Mike Alstott did.
Tebow 5.3 ypc with 6 TD's to ZERO lost poss. fumbles.
Alstott 3.9 ypc with 3 TD's to 4 fumbles, 2 lost poss.

But it's the supposed media moron 'polish' and where some idiots thought that Tim should have been drafted that counts,

not Tim's actual 'on the field' proven production.
==========

A 'FAIR' QB Competition is defined as:

1st String Orton with a 104 PER + 1 Int.
2nd String Quinn with a 69 PER + 2 Ints.
3rd String Tebow with a FREAKIN' 108 PER and ZERO Ints.

So I just can't imagine why any of Tebow's long time supporters would have at least a small chip on their shoulders by now ???

(why can't we all just get along.....) :sunshine:

Broncos4tw
10-12-2011, 10:40 AM
Of course Decker wasn't happy. QBs tend to have favorite receivers. They learn how a QB passes. Decker was getting plenty of looks from Orton. That may now change. That directly affects his value as a player, if he gets less touches, even if it's not his fault.

I may not completly agree with it, but I understand it. Players regardless of being on a team, and it being a team game, at the end of the day (like most working stiffs), want their own priorities to come first.

AlphaSeirra
10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Of course Decker wasn't happy. QBs tend to have favorite receivers. They learn how a QB passes. Decker was getting plenty of looks from Orton. That may now change. That directly affects his value as a player, if he gets less touches, even if it's not his fault.

I may not completly agree with it, but I understand it. Players regardless of being on a team, and it being a team game, at the end of the day (like most working stiffs), want their own priorities to come first.

But maybe Pro Bowl Lloyd should be ecstatic right now?

2010 Lloyd with Orton - 1 TD per 7 Receptions for 18.3 ypr

2010 Lloyd with Tebow - 1 TD per 7 Receptions for 18.8 ypr.

While at UF, Tebow would have receptions with 5-7 receivers, WR's, TE's, and RB's.
His 'favorite' receiver was the guy that was open and caught the ball.
Career 88 TD's to 16 Ints, SEC Record NCAA 170.79 Pass Efficiency Rating.

If Decker can get off the bump, run his route, get open, and catch the ball,,,,
then Tim will be willing to throw it to him.
Have Deck check out Lloyds stats with Tebow if he questions this. :wave:

maven
10-12-2011, 11:13 AM

Same with Lloyd. All those hours playing with Orton are now down the ****ter. There's going to be growing pains with Tebow and the WR's. Wouldn't shock me if DThomas becomes Tebow's fav target.

Blueflame
10-12-2011, 02:11 PM

And today he'd be expected to tweet what kind of Halloween candy he was giving out... and the day he bought it and what store he was in at the time. Point is, the media's way different now.

I'm not missing that point... I once heard John Madden say (he was doing an All-Madden team thing) that the Broncos teams in the 3 lost SB's consisted of "John Elway and a bunch of people no one's ever heard of". The counterpoint I'm trying to make is that not being nationally recognized (household names) didn't mean Elway's teammates didn't have talent or didn't contribute to the team; it just means the media was different then. Today we all know the names of mediocre and even backup players on all of the teams thanks to fantasy football and the media.

No, the point I'm focusing on is that John had to earn respect out there on the field; it wasn't just afforded to him before he ever did anything... on the basis of being John "f'ing" Elway. And some posters here now are unrealistically expecting for accolades to be granted to one player before they're earned. It didn't happen for Elway and it won't happen for Tebow.

I'm not "twisted with those who love Tebow"... I just think if they want to fit in on the Broncos bandwagon, learning a tiny bit of Broncos history isn't going to hurt. But I have little patience when they're not interested in learning and care nothing about anything Broncos except Timmy... and even admit they'd follow him on to another team... discarding the Broncos like yesterday's newspaper... if he were traded. It further alienates "this" Broncos fan when they diss any icon of the franchise. My reaction to that is "STFU". Sorry but there it is.

elsid13
10-12-2011, 02:28 PM
Absolutely... I think I'm second to blame after that ElusiveOrton guy.

I am actually going to start a thread/poll asking: Which are the better fan police?

a. The McDaniels Fanboys or b. the Tebownuts.

bendog
10-12-2011, 02:38 PM
What do we really know about Eric Decker? He dates jesse james, but could he not be jealous of Tim. I mean Jesse is sort of Reggie Bush cast offs. Tim gets all those fresh faced, wholesome girls. The girls Decker can only dream of.

NFLBRONCO
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
Same with Lloyd. All those hours playing with Orton are now down the ****ter. There's going to be growing pains with Tebow and the WR's. Wouldn't shock me if DThomas becomes Tebow's fav target.

DThomas has to stay on the field enough first for that to ever happen. Sorry couldn't resist.

Miss I.
10-12-2011, 10:31 PM
What do we really know about Eric Decker? He dates jesse james, but could he not be jealous of Tim. I mean Jesse is sort of Reggie Bush cast offs. Tim gets all those fresh faced, wholesome girls. The girls Decker can only dream of.

now this is clearly just silliness. Decker is from Minnesota, I bet he's nailed plenty of wholesome girls. He is not a guy that I would imagine has any problems getting girls at all. Plus he never did say anything bad about Tim. Did anyone listen to the broadcast that actually understood it? sheesh. leave Eric Decker alone damn it. ;D

Agamemnon
10-12-2011, 10:38 PM
now this is clearly just silliness. Decker is from Minnesota, I bet he's nailed plenty of wholesome girls. He is not a guy that I would imagine has any problems getting girls at all. Plus he never did say anything bad about Tim. Did anyone listen to the broadcast that actually understood it? sheesh. leave Eric Decker alone damn it. ;D

Has there ever been an NFL player or major collegiate player for that matter that has had any problems getting girls? Much less one that looks like Decker. Hilarious!

maven
10-12-2011, 10:40 PM
DThomas has to stay on the field enough first for that to ever happen. Sorry couldn't resist.

I know that. But, if he can I think he's the perfect WR for Tebow.

ol#7
10-13-2011, 03:08 AM
And today he'd be expected to tweet what kind of Halloween candy he was giving out... and the day he bought it and what store he was in at the time. Point is, the media's way different now.

I'm not missing that point... I once heard John Madden say (he was doing an All-Madden team thing) that the Broncos teams in the 3 lost SB's consisted of "John Elway and a bunch of people no one's ever heard of". The counterpoint I'm trying to make is that not being nationally recognized (household names) didn't mean Elway's teammates didn't have talent or didn't contribute to the team; it just means the media was different then. Today we all know the names of mediocre and even backup players on all of the teams thanks to fantasy football and the media.

No, the point I'm focusing on is that John had to earn respect out there on the field; it wasn't just afforded to him before he ever did anything... on the basis of being John "f'ing" Elway. And some posters here now are unrealistically expecting for accolades to be granted to one player before they're earned. It didn't happen for Elway and it won't happen for Tebow.

I'm not "twisted with those who love Tebow"... I just think if they want to fit in on the Broncos bandwagon, learning a tiny bit of Broncos history isn't going to hurt. But I have little patience when they're not interested in learning and care nothing about anything Broncos except Timmy... and even admit they'd follow him on to another team... discarding the Broncos like yesterday's newspaper... if he were traded. It further alienates "this" Broncos fan when they diss any icon of the franchise. My reaction to that is "STFU". Sorry but there it is.

You just made my point. You just admitted nobody knew who else was on the team even though we had plenty of borderline HOF players surrounding Elway during the 80's (mostly on defense) Meck, D.Smith, Atwater, Louis Wright. Billy Bryan was a damn good center and Bishop and Studdard were real quality lineman that never got any credit, nor did Vance or Mark Jackson who should have at least gotten a pro bowl nod or two.

When a player is taken high in the draft at a glamour position, they become the face of the franchise. Manning was from day 1. Carr was in Houston, AP in Minnesota. Etc.

People gushed over Elway in preseason year one. Game one. He faked an Atlanta LB on a scramble and the media just wanted to talk about that after the game but you dont see any parallel? The fans demanded Elway start. He didnt beat out DeBerg in camp I can guarantee that, but he was the Face of the franchise from the moment the trade was made (Even when trying to take snaps from the guard). He was appointed the star of the team before he ver took a snap and was covered by the media as such. Not sure why your so sensitive about having a popular player on the team again.

Hell I could make the same comparison with the Nuggets and Melo. When was the last time the Nuggets had anybody that could sell gear in a city outside of Denver...waiting...still waiting. Never pissed me off to see a wannabee Nuggets fan, I am just happy to see the team colors once in awhile! (I can tell you growing up IN Denver I never say another kid wearing the Fat Lever or Alex English T-shirts that I wore. Plus they were hard to find...IN DENVER!

RaiderH8r
10-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Has there ever been an NFL player or major collegiate player for that matter that has had any problems getting girls? Much less one that looks like Decker. Hilarious!

He's so dreamy.

Blueflame
10-13-2011, 10:35 AM
You just made my point. You just admitted nobody except Broncos fans knew who else was on the team even though we had plenty of borderline HOF players surrounding Elway during the 80's (mostly on defense) Meck, D.Smith, Atwater, Louis Wright. Billy Bryan was a damn good center and Bishop and Studdard were real quality lineman that never got any credit, nor did Vance or Mark Jackson who should have at least gotten a pro bowl nod or two.

When a player is taken high in the draft at a glamour position, they become the face of the franchise. Manning was from day 1. Carr was in Houston, AP in Minnesota. Etc.

People gushed over Elway in preseason year one. Game one. He faked an Atlanta LB on a scramble and the media just wanted to talk about that after the game but you dont see any parallel? The fans demanded Elway start. He didnt beat out DeBerg in camp I can guarantee that, but he was the Face of the franchise from the moment the trade was made (Even when trying to take snaps from the guard). He was appointed the star of the team before he ver took a snap and was covered by the media as such. Not sure why your so sensitive about having a popular player on the team again.

Hell I could make the same comparison with the Nuggets and Melo. When was the last time the Nuggets had anybody that could sell gear in a city outside of Denver...waiting...still waiting. Never pissed me off to see a wannabee Nuggets fan, I am just happy to see the team colors once in awhile! (I can tell you growing up IN Denver I never say another kid wearing the Fat Lever or Alex English T-shirts that I wore. Plus they were hard to find...IN DENVER!

Fixed your first paragraph. In the days before fantasy football, Madden, and NFL Sunday Ticket, only the rabid fan knew the names of all the players on any given football team. That's because (my point) the media's different now.

There's also a difference (in expectation and in perception) between a consensus #1 overall draft pick... and one taken (more accurately, "reached for" at) #25 overall that many had projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round. I get it that you think Tebow is exactly the same as Elway but there really are no parallels other than "both were popular college players". There were plenty of Elway doubters back in the day... I wasn't one of them. There are plenty of Tebow doubters now. I am among this group. Why? I've watched his footwork and mechanics and the coaches are not wrong that his timing (with the WRs) will be thrown completely off if he takes a 4-step drop with a hitch instead of a 5-step drop and pass. If I can see this, opposing DCs are going to as well. The kid still isn't ready yet. But the best of luck to him.

Go Broncos!!!

jhns
10-13-2011, 10:40 AM
Fixed your first paragraph. In the days before fantasy football, Madden, and NFL Sunday Ticket, only the rabid fan knew the names of all the players on any given football team. That's because (my point) the media's different now.

There's also a difference (in expectation and in perception) between a consensus #1 overall draft pick... and one taken (more accurately, "reached for" at) #25 overall that many had projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round. I get it that you think Tebow is exactly the same as Elway but there really are no parallels other than "both were popular college players". There were plenty of Elway doubters back in the day... I wasn't one of them. There are plenty of Tebow doubters now. I am among this group. Why? I've watched his footwork and mechanics and the coaches are not wrong that his timing (with the WRs) will be thrown completely off if he takes a 4-step drop with a hitch instead of a 5-step drop and pass. If I can see this, opposing DCs are going to as well. The kid still isn't ready yet. But the best of luck to him.

Go Broncos!!!

You say he isn't ready as he completely outproduces the guy you want starting ahead of him. I'm not sure how this makes sense to anyone.

bendog
10-13-2011, 11:18 AM

yes, but Sparky can refer to the greatest guy in the world. I mean maybe Decker is jealous because he just can't "measure up."

Usually an extremely hot sexy mexy who makes a great boyfriend.
Known to go to church on sundays and have a good conscience, Sparky is a very good person.

The type of guy who you just look at and think "God, he's beautiful."
A deep and sensitive person. Makes for great conversation.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sparky
"priceless"

Also known to have very traditional taste in things---vanilla icecream and cake,

old fashioned, classy style of clothing, white girls, and old music and movies.
"I hear Sparky is dating someone!! I'm so depressed...."
"Me too! She's so lucky..."

Miss I.
10-13-2011, 11:21 AM
yes, but Sparky can refer to the greatest guy in the world. I mean maybe Decker is jealous because he just can't "measure up."

Usually an extremely hot sexy mexy who makes a great boyfriend.
Known to go to church on sundays and have a good conscience, Sparky is a very good person.

The type of guy who you just look at and think "God, he's beautiful."
A deep and sensitive person. Makes for great conversation.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sparky
"priceless"

Also known to have very traditional taste in things---vanilla icecream and cake,

old fashioned, classy style of clothing, white girls, and old music and movies.
"I hear Sparky is dating someone!! I'm so depressed...."
"Me too! She's so lucky..."

hey now no baggin on the manchild...and Sparky is sadly also the mascot for Arizona State University, my hated rival school....lol.

NFLBRONCO
10-13-2011, 11:29 AM
I know that. But, if he can I think he's the perfect WR for Tebow.

I agree just messin with you a tad :)

peacepipe
10-13-2011, 11:40 AM
He was a first round pick and you calk him a fourth. Why the hate? It is insane that some of you decended guys like McDaniels and Orton from any negative talk as you hate on a good, and productive, player like Tebow. Kind of sad that so many of you hate this franchise as you claim to be fans.there are alot of players that were not 1st rd talents that got drafted in the 1st.

AlphaSeirra
10-13-2011, 11:41 AM

Fixed your last paragraph. There's also a difference (in expectation and in perception) between a consensus #1 overall draft pick... and one taken (more accurately, "got lucky" at) #25 overall that many clueless morons had projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round. I get it that you think Tebow is exactly the same as Elway but there really are no parallels other than "both were popular college players" (cause their rookie stats were so different). There were plenty of Elway doubters back in the day... I wasn't one of them. There are plenty of Tebow doubters now. I am among this group (of the clueless). Why? I've watched his footwork and mechanics (instead of his actual on the field results) and the coaches are not wrong that his timing (with the WRs) will be thrown completely off if he takes a 4-step drop with a hitch instead of a 5-step drop and pass. If (I can't see much), opposing DCs are going to (chit their pants) as well. The kid still isn't ready yet. But the best of luck to him.

Orton with Pro Bowl Lloyd - 1 TD per 7 receptions, 18.3 ypr
Tebow with Pro Bowl Lloyd - 1 TD per 7 receptions, 18.8 ypr <<<

Tebow 82 Rookie PER, 5 TD's to 3 Ints.
Elway 47 Rookie PER, 7 TD's to 14 Ints.
Elway's career high rushing TD's in a season was 6.
Tebow little used rookie rushing TD's was 6.

DEFINITELY Go Broncos!!!

And you're very welcome.... :thanku:

peacepipe
10-13-2011, 11:43 AM
You are arguing some of the dumbest **** I have seen, every time you see something pisitive about Tebow. This from a guy that defended mcDaniels and Orton against anyone that questioned them.

Keep claiming you aren't a hater though. Can you point to a positive post, that you made, about the QB that has been extremely productive for this team?LOL,there you go proving TonyR point.

jhns
10-13-2011, 11:47 AM
there are alot of players that were not 1st rd talents that got drafted in the 1st.

So now explain how he wasn't perceived as a high draft pick when he was drafted in the first and invited to the draft(which doesn't happen for guys projected to go lower).

Dedhed
10-13-2011, 11:48 AM
It is funny.

You put a disclaimer like that in almost all of your posts. It's a habit of yours. Right before you would apologize for Orton you would say "Now, I'm not apologizing for Orton or anything".

jhns
10-13-2011, 11:50 AM
LOL,there you go proving TonyR point.

Him never having a posotive thing to say about an extremely productive QB is proof that he isn't a hater? That sure makes sense...

bendog
10-13-2011, 11:51 AM
He's trying to disassociate himself from idiots like you who think any doubt of Tebow's abilty to be just awesomish is pimping from orton. have a smoke. and relax.

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 11:53 AM

I don't know, I bet in Minny the best and most wholesome talent are puck bunnies - I of course don't know what his confirmed score was in college or high school but I wouldn't be surprised if he has had to settle for some ugly friends. He does sound jealous to me, I mean we all know there was a lineup in front of Tebow's room down there in Gatorville, so much so he had to pass off women to his tight end just to keep them occupied so they wouldn't detroy the decor.

:welcome:

bendog
10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Decker probably wants Mary Jane but has to settle for Ginger

Miss I.
10-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Decker probably wants Mary Jane but has to settle for Ginger

honey, that's Mary Ann. But yeah poor Eric he has to settle for the movie star instead of the girl next door. ;D

as for a contest of the hotties...well...it's really a win-win for the ladies of Denver. ;D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hE0TRpE-p8U/TURuK0l6W8I/AAAAAAAAtHE/wltxoN1WQAk/s1600/Eric%2BDecker%2B%2BDenver%2BBroncos%2B1.jpg

http://blog.photoflex.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/720082_013_tim_tebow.jpg

bendog
10-13-2011, 12:04 PM
my bad, but yeah that's the thing. Maybe he really wants "the nice girl" but instead gets the ones who like to get a little nasty.

ol#7
10-13-2011, 01:29 PM

Go Broncos!!!

First I was never a fan of the pick so dont try and paint me with that brush, I am just blowing the whole in your argument. Fine, Elway was the overall #1 if thats why you think he got so much press as a young player. How then do you explain Marino drafted 27th?

FWIW, every rookie in that class got more press and playing time than you would like to think. It wasnt quite the dark ages of media your portraying.

Your wrong again if you dont think fans knew who the players were on other teams, just not the Broncos. Denver always had to fight for media attention back then, and Elway was the only one that anyone would talk about outside of Denver. Why you dont see that parallel is beyond me. How long has it been since Denver was relevant anywhere outside the region. You still dont see the parallel?

broncocalijohn
10-13-2011, 01:51 PM

It would shock me if DThomas was on the field at the same time as Tebow. When, this year, has DThomas and Tebow been able to work together? He needs to get healthy first before he becomes the #1 guy for Tebow. Plus, he is too tall and it is harder for those Amazons to bend down to the shoelaces to catch those passes!

bendog
10-13-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.supercoloring.com/wp-content/main/2008_11/bambi-is-falling-down-coloring-page.jpg

Smilin Assassin
10-13-2011, 02:27 PM

I'm actually suprised Tebow posed for a pic like that.

Maybe it was the old guy that took pictures of Arnold & Dudley on Different Strokes?

Blueflame
10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
You say he isn't ready as he completely outproduces the guy you want starting ahead of him. I'm not sure how this makes sense to anyone.

Wrong, Jhns. I'm not at all opposed to the coaches' decision to start Tebow (although I'd be equally ok with it if they decided to start Orton or Quinn... let the coaches coach, I say). Nonetheless, I still stand by my remark that "I" do not believe Tebow is ready because his mechanics and footwork still need a lot of work. I think his performance will be a "mixed bag"... a lot of "rookie mistakes", a few bad plays caused by faulty mechanics/footwork/checkdowns, and enough good, exciting plays to keep fans' butts in the seats. Will it be enough to dissuade "EFX" from drafting the college QB they covet next April? We'll see, I suppose.

Oh, and AlphaSeirra (sic), I don't quote MacGruder and I don't quote you either (for the same reason: as a courtesy to the many other posters who have you on ignore). My post stood on its own and needed no redactions.

jhns
10-13-2011, 06:47 PM
Wrong, Jhns. I'm not at all opposed to the coaches' decision to start Tebow (although I'd be equally ok with it if they decided to start Orton or Quinn... let the coaches coach, I say). Nonetheless, I still stand by my remark that "I" do not believe Tebow is ready because his mechanics and footwork still need a lot of work. I think his performance will be a "mixed bag"... a lot of "rookie mistakes", a few bad plays caused by faulty mechanics/footwork/checkdowns, and enough good, exciting plays to keep fans' butts in the seats. Will it be enough to dissuade "EFX" from drafting the college QB they covet next April? We'll see, I suppose.

Oh, and AlphaSeirra (sic), I don't quote MacGruder and I don't quote you either (for the same reason: as a courtesy to the many other posters who have you on ignore). My post stood on its own and needed no redactions.

We will see about the draft. I would have no problem with them bringing in a better QB, especially if they don't like Tebow. For now, I will support the best QB on this team. Tebow has easily proven to be better than Orton and Quinn so far.

gyldenlove
10-13-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm actually suprised Tebow posed for a pic like that.

Maybe it was the old guy that took pictures of Arnold & Dudley on Different Strokes?

I could be wrong, but isn't this from his underwear ad?

Blueflame
10-13-2011, 07:00 PM
First I was never a fan of the pick so dont try and paint me with that brush, I am just blowing the whole in your argument. Fine, Elway was the overall #1 if thats why you think he got so much press as a young player. How then do you explain Marino drafted 27th?

FWIW, every rookie in that class got more press and playing time than you would like to think. It wasnt quite the dark ages of media your portraying.

Your wrong again if you dont think fans knew who the players were on other teams, just not the Broncos. Denver always had to fight for media attention back then, and Elway was the only one that anyone would talk about outside of Denver. Why you dont see that parallel is beyond me. How long has it been since Denver was relevant anywhere outside the region. You still dont see the parallel?

Yeah, the "QB class of '83" got more press than '82 or '84. That's because there were more "good prospects" than usual coming into the NFL in that draft class.

And yes, teams like the 49ers had a few players other than just Montana and Rice that were "household names". Nonetheless, I still maintain that Madden, fantasy football, and ESPN/the Sunday Ticket/NFL Network (fans having access to more than just a couple of football games per week) all contribute to increased name recognition for 2nd and 3rd WRs, backup RBs, TEs, kickers, etc. as well as increased popularity for the league itself.

Not quite sure what else you're trying to say. John Elway has a lot more in common with Peyton Manning (NFL-career-wise) than he has with Tim Tebow.

lonestar
10-13-2011, 07:10 PM
It would shock me if DThomas was on the field at the same time as Tebow. When, this year, has DThomas and Tebow been able to work together? He needs to get healthy first before he becomes the #1 guy for Tebow. Plus, he is too tall and it is harder for those Amazons to bend down to the shoelaces to catch those passes!

I'll bet your a glass 1/8 full type huh?

lonestar
10-13-2011, 07:26 PM

IF that is the case then who is at fault for that ..

Josh and John for not allowing but a few reps with them for anyone not named Orton..

I do not understand the mentality of not having your #2 ready in case the starter goes down..

In todays NFL the odds of a #1 playing all downs all year are limited at best..

they must not have been boy scouts

lonestar
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM

IIRC Decker is engaged to a college sweetheart..

And Take my word for it she is not a cast off of anyone..

Jay3
10-13-2011, 07:27 PM
IF that is the case then who is at fault for that ..

Josh and John for not allowing but a few reps with them for anyone not named Orton..

I do not understand the mentality of not having your #2 ready in case the starter goes down..

In todays NFL the odds of a #1 playing all downs all year are limited at best..

they must not have been boy scouts

Orton is such fool's gold. He's like a giant sucking tumor -- just good enough that you subconsciously "build" around him with the playbook and the practice schedule, but totally not worth doing that.

TonyR
10-13-2011, 07:31 PM
I would have no problem with them bringing in a better QB...

HATER!!!

lonestar
10-13-2011, 07:33 PM
honey, that's Mary Ann. But yeah poor Eric he has to settle for the movie star instead of the girl next door. ;D

as for a contest of the hotties...well...it's really a win-win for the ladies of Denver. ;D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_hE0TRpE-p8U/TURuK0l6W8I/AAAAAAAAtHE/wltxoN1WQAk/s1600/Eric%2BDecker%2B%2BDenver%2BBroncos%2B1.jpg

I get it now most of the haters are jealous..

Makes sense..

AlphaSeirra
10-14-2011, 09:29 AM

Says you. (needed redactions) :P

G-a-S about any who put other posters on ingore. :welcome:

The actual 'on the field' RESULTS, show your own opinions up for the bs that they are,,,, nuff said.

PS

And thank you so much for NEVER quoting me. Please stick to that stance in the future. :wiggle:

AlphaSeirra
10-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Not quite sure what else you're trying to say. John Elway has a lot more in common with
Peyton Manning (NFL-career-wise) than he has with Tim Tebow.

Not knowing what he/she said, HE/SHE SAID IT!!!!

Rookie P.Manning Set a New NFL Rookie Record for Int's and went 3-13 as the starter.

Rookie J.Elway 11 gms 47.5%, 6.4 yds/rec 7 TD's to 14 INTERCEPTIONS, 54.9 PER + 5.2 ypc & 1 TD.

BOTH Manning and Elway were Rookie Interceptions Machines.

Rookie T.Tebow 9 gms, 3 starts, 50%, 15.4 yds/rec 5 TD's to 3 Ints. PER 82.1, 5.3 ypc & 6 TD's.

Elways Career PER was 79.9 (with years of practice and experience)

Tebow's Current PER is 84.2 (with little practice or help from the coaching staff)

Genius Analysis - Weak inaccurate arm, poor mechanic and footwork,
won't be able to run against the fast tough NFL defenses like he did against SEC COLLEGE defenses.
Rushing -- UF 4.3 ypc ---- NFL 5.3 ypc

Lovin-IT! :wiggle:

Rolandftw
10-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Something that Tebow fans might want to remember also: The NFL had completely different rules that favored the defense a lot more then the current rules do.

I really don't get why Tebow fans insist on comparing Tebow to Elway. Aside from the different rules, much smaller sample size, and Elway being the best QB in franchise history... might want to set the bar a little bit lower. I'm going for average competent QB that can complete more then 25% of his passes to his WR's.

Know that a lot of Gator fans hate Elway, since they believe in this wild conspiracy theory of Elway being worried at not being the best QB in Broncos history anymore...

AlphaSeirra
10-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Oh, and AlphaSeirra (sic), I don't quote MacGruder and I don't quote you either (for the same reason:
as a courtesy to the many other posters who have you on ignore).

A short note for the brain surgeons that think that putting anyone on ignore has any real negative effect.

On this thread, their are 216 posts by at most a couple dozen posters.

However, there are 4,655 reads on the thread, mostly by people who NEVER post at all.

Do you suppose that the posting twits that put someone on ignore are limiting, in any way, those that just come here to read the threads???

PS

If you can't handle the heat, then put the kitchen on IGNORE,,,, and run back to your cups.... :thumbsup:

LMAO !Booya!

AlphaSeirra
10-14-2011, 10:30 AM
Something that Tebow fans might want to remember also: The NFL had completely different rules that
favored the defense a lot more then the current rules do.

I really don't get why Tebow fans insist on comparing Tebow to Elway. Aside from the different rules,
much smaller sample size, and Elway being the best QB in franchise history... might want to set the bar
a little bit lower. I'm going for average competent QB that can complete more then 25% of his passes to his WR's.

Know that a lot of Gator fans hate Elway (not me, never), since they believe in this wild conspiracy theory of Elway
being worried at not being the best QB in Broncos history anymore...

Sorry, but you're way of base here bucko, at least where I'm concerned.

I have only responded to the Tebow haters, and/or INACCURATE facts/attacks on Tim.
I have never tried to 'compare' a long time Vet
to a Rookie, except where their are some 'basic' comparisons to be made. Such as:
1st NFL Start -- Rookie seasons -- Individual NFL and/or Bronco team records.
Give me another 15 years or so, then we can start
comparing Elway to Tebow. 8')

Also, YOUR attempted stereo-typing of so called 'Tebow fans' is also bogus imo.
We are no more 'alike' than the average Bronco or Elway fans are. :welcome:

bendog
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Well, I'll give you this much (aside from I bet you were great in HS calculus) tebowites have little in common with early days Elway fans. We were nervous the guy was gonna be a bust, and literally praying he was all he was cracked up to be; rather, than proclaiming him to be NFL championship and HOF material

bowtown
10-14-2011, 10:54 AM
Sorry, but you're way of base here bucko, at least where I'm concerned.

I have only responded to the Tebow haters, and/or INACCURATE facts/attacks on Tim.
I have never tried to 'compare' a long time Vet
to a Rookie, except where their are some 'basic' comparisons to be made. Such as:
1st NFL Start -- Rookie seasons -- Individual NFL and/or Bronco team records.
Give me another 15 years or so, then we can start
comparing Elway to Tebow. 8')

Also, YOUR attempted stereo-typing of so called 'Tebow fans' is also bogus imo.
We are no more 'alike' than the average Bronco or Elway fans are. :welcome:

http://www.wiichat.com/forum/attachments/anime-lounge/8648d1311055173-hanamaru-kindergarten-plz-stop-post.jpg

AlphaSeirra
10-14-2011, 11:28 AM
Well, I'll give you this much (aside from I bet you were great in HS calculus) tebowites have little
in common with early days Elway fans. We were nervous the guy was gonna be a bust, and literally praying he was all he was
cracked up to be; rather, than proclaiming him to be NFL championship and HOF material

I post the actual facts/stats to counter the MOUNTAINS of absolutely hateful BS that's get spewed out concerning Tebow's abilities.

That's the ACTUAL ON THE FIELD RESULTS, VS the many baseless opinions of the mostly clueless.

I have NEVER claimed that Tim would win a SB, much less make it to the NFL HoF.

I have however, shown what Tim has done at EVERY PREVIOUS LEVEL of compeition.

Toughest HS football, shown by the number of D1 Recruits is Florida (Tx & Calif).
Tebow already elected to the Florida HS All Century 1st Team.

Toughest College football is FAR AND AWAY the SEC.
~ First Soph HEISMAN in NCAA History.
~ Only BCS D1 to ever break the 20/20 season TD barrier, 32P + 23R for 55 season TD's.
~ Set the SEC All Time Career Pass Efficiency Rating at 170.79
~ Broke RB Herschel Walker's SEC Career TD's (49) record with 57 TD's.
~ Set (his Sr class) the SEC All Time W/L record at 48-7.
~ Set that record against the All Time toughest 4 year Strength of Schedule that included 40 Bowl team.

But some Bronco fans seem to (falsely) believe that all of that proves nothing, out of one side of their mouth,
while touting ole Stanford LAC 10 Lucky as the biggest thing since Elway from the other side.

Tell me now, which of us really qualifies as the delusional ones with UNJUSTIFIED expectations?
(and demonstrate it with some actual facts for a change, ole tired baseless beauty pageant opinions aside)

Like most of the reasonable (Bronco-Elway-Tebow) fans, I'm hoping that Tim has a long and successful career in Denver. :thanku:
(despite the Tebow-hating pin heads) :wiggle:

vancejohnson82
10-14-2011, 11:35 AM
who on this board has been hating Tebow?

is there some sort of filter on my computer that blocks these threads??

Maximus
10-14-2011, 11:59 AM
You guys are over-sensitive to any mention/comparison to Elway.

And it is.

No it's not! I hated Elway with a passion because he would kick your ass in the last 2 minutes of the game and he turned into a unstoppable SOB! I watched him praying he would choke! Unfortunately that grain of rice never really got into his windpipe! The truth is I watched Elway as a rival because he was good. I worried about what Elway would do against the Raiders. Would he be able to get out of the pocket and kill us with a patented across the field on a rope pass or just run for 20 yards... Or would he stand in the pocket and sling passes all over the field... I truly hated those days and I hated Elway for competitive reasons! Star power is getting Rivals and fans alike to watch games because a player is good

Tebow Ha! Ha! Ha! OMG!!! I wish we could switch places with Miami right now! He's a joke to the QB fraternity! He has nothing except being a good cheerleader I can't wait for week 8.

The only reason that this kid is playing is because the FO cannot afford to lose fans THIS SEASON(No Revenue Sharing). Otherwise he would be sitting on the bench.

Anyone who uses his name in comparison to Elway should be banned from OM permanently and your avatar should be registered with the FBI (Fan Base of Idiots). ****ing disgusting to even try to compare Elway to Heblows!

bendog
10-14-2011, 12:07 PM
God I hate agreeing with Raiders fans, though Tebow may be an NFL qb .. someday

Maximus
10-14-2011, 12:28 PM
God I hate agreeing with Raiders fans, though Tebow may be an NFL qb .. someday

I couldn't agree more Bendog! The gator clappers have gotten so ridiculous that it's forcing rivals to defend real players! As far as _ebow becoming an NFL qb someday... I doubt it. The NFL has changed too much. There is too much money invested and teams do not have the patience to wait years to cure bad habits.

bendog
10-14-2011, 12:43 PM
I couldn't agree more Bendog! The gator clappers have gotten so ridiculous that it's forcing rivals to defend real players! As far as _ebow becoming an NFL qb someday... I doubt it. The NFL has changed too much. There is too much money invested and teams do not have the patience to wait years to cure bad habits.

It's not so much mechanics for me. I think he's already carrying the ball more by his hear in the pocket. He's going to have turnovers carrying the ball like a briefcase, thouth. He can make plays. Can he make plays consistently in the pocket? I dunno. If he can't, he's a bust. We'll see. He's sincere and a hard worker, so I won't bet against it.

I'm pulling for the raiders to win the division. I feel like I'm on acid or something ... an alternate reality. LOL

oubronco
10-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Anyone who uses his name in comparison to Elway should be banned from OM permanently and your avatar should be registered with the FBI (Fan Base of Idiots). ****ing disgusting to even try to compare Elway to Heblows!

Exactly

MacGruder
10-14-2011, 01:09 PM
I was thinking about Trent Dilfer's recent comments about Tebow.. he said that all the top QBs in the league have quick releases and are extremely accurate and can put the ball in tight windows on time...

But think about it.. how successful are these "top QBs"?

Peyton Manning has 1 championship.. Tom Brady has 3 but he also has Bill Belichick who is a defensive genius. Aaron Rodgers looks great but he is on a loaded team and wasn't overly successful until just recently and he is very athletic as well. Drew Brees.. one championship.

So what I think is that these pure passers who put up great numbers but really aren't dominant in the post season are really system QBs. Those finesse passing QBs put up great numbers in the regular season but don't dominate the post season. So how does Dilfer know athletic QBs that can pass can't be even more successful? Because we really haven't seen it tried. And when we have they have been more finesse runners like Vick. McNabb and McNair had a lot of success playing like Tebow, too. And I don't think they possess the intangibles TT has and Tebow is just as athletic if not more so.

Blueflame
10-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I will explain it for you one. more. time. AlphaSeirra (sic). Because you're a monotonous Tebow spambot who cares nothing about the Broncos, a significant percentage of the OrangeMane community has placed you on ignore. This does NOT mean that I have placed you on ignore because I haven't. However, it defeats the purpose of the ignore feature if others... particularly a moderator who cannot be placed on ignore... quote you.

As Max just noted, your contributions to a Broncos discussion are roughly as welcomed and appreciated as a beer-and-hard-boiled egg fart in a crowded room.

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 01:16 PM
As Max just noted, your contributions to a Broncos discussion are roughly as welcomed and appreciated as a beer-and-hard-boiled egg fart in a crowded room.

Hilarious!

oubronco
10-14-2011, 01:19 PM
I was thinking about Trent Dilfer's recent comments about Tebow.. he said that all the top QBs in the league have quick releases and are extremely accurate and can put the ball in tight windows on time...

But think about it.. how successful are these "top QBs"?

Peyton Manning has 1 championship.. Tom Brady has 3 but he also has Bill Belichick who is a defensive genius. Aaron Rodgers looks great but he is on a loaded team and wasn't overly successful until just recently and he is very athletic as well. Drew Brees.. one championship.

So what I think is that these pure passers who put up great numbers but really aren't dominant in the post season are really system QBs. Those finesse passing QBs put up great numbers in the regular season but don't dominate the post season. So how does Dilfer know athletic QBs that can pass can't be even more successful? Because we really haven't seen it tried. And when we have they have been more finesse runners like Vick. McNabb and McNair had a lot of success playing like Tebow, too. And I don't think they possess the intangibles TT has and Tebow is just as athletic if not more so.

It's pretty simple

It's a TEAM game and all those SB winning QB's are on good TEAM's

Maximus
10-14-2011, 01:25 PM
It's not so much mechanics for me. I think he's already carrying the ball more by his hear in the pocket. He's going to have turnovers carrying the ball like a briefcase, thouth. He can make plays. Can he make plays consistently in the pocket? I dunno. If he can't, he's a bust. We'll see. He's sincere and a hard worker, so I won't bet against it.

I'm pulling for the raiders to win the division. I feel like I'm on acid or something ... an alternate reality. LOL

Good points! But mechanics does play a role in why he's running around so much.

His release is so long and slow that he has to pull the ball down sometimes. His foot work is horrendous and that causes the breakdown of plays. So, his poor mechanics are directly related to him having to move out of the pocket.

I think decker stopped short of saying that _ebows style is going to cause problems for the WR's. They will have to break off routes to help him out. This can become tiresome mentally and physically.

This will be compounded when teams blitz him and game plan against his scrambling. I think Lloyd and Decker have made good observations. They play a skill position that depends on timing. A QB that cannot get a quick pass off or execute the hot read is going to be the concern (slow release).

( Go back and edit your post... You are not Rooting for the enemy... I'll not have it! )

MacGruder
10-14-2011, 01:27 PM
It's pretty simple

It's a TEAM game and all those SB winning QB's are on good TEAM's

But there seems to be no correlation between a QBs accuracy/release and championships. They were just saying on a Kurt Warner bio that he had a slow release..

If there was Brady should be more successful now than he was when he was younger. He is a much better QB now. And Peyton Manning should have much more success.

Look at Eli Manning.. he has as many championships as Peyton.. that's just ridiculous.

This should indicate that QB is not that important. And besides.. ALL NFL QBs have these supposed golden traits.. so how can you determine how necessary they are when you have nothing to compare it to?

Maximus
10-14-2011, 01:36 PM
I will explain it for you one. more. time. AlphaSeirra (sic). Because you're a monotonous Tebow spambot who cares nothing about the Broncos, a significant percentage of the OrangeMane community has placed you on ignore. This does NOT mean that I have placed you on ignore because I haven't. However, it defeats the purpose of the ignore feature if others... particularly a moderator who cannot be placed on ignore... quote you.

ROTLMMFAO!!!!

broncocalijohn
10-14-2011, 01:58 PM
I'll bet your a glass 1/8 full type huh?

Sure. Means I cn get a refill in two sips. Exactly what you bitching about on me stating DThomas might not be on the field for Tebow (I assume if Lloyd is gone)?

Agamemnon
10-14-2011, 02:07 PM
Sure. Means I cn get a refill in two sips. Exactly what you b****ing about on me stating DThomas might not be on the field for Tebow (I assume if Lloyd is gone)?

You dare to question the durability of a guy that has been hurt for almost his entire career? How dare you?!! Hilarious!

broncocalijohn
10-14-2011, 02:13 PM
You dare to question the durability of a guy that has been hurt for almost his entire career? How dare you?!! Hilarious!

Maybe I am really just a 7/8th empty cup kind of poster.