PDA

View Full Version : What the organization needs to do for Tebow...

smoke4815162342
10-10-2011, 11:34 AM
get him a hat that fits his head, but hopefully he wont be wearing baseball caps on the sidelines anymore

Ray Finkle
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
teach him what accuracy is would be my first step....

DrFate
10-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Find some of the old Jake Plummer plays and put them in the gameplan...

baja
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Get him a real QB coach and an OC that understands how to use him (could be MaCoy)

Dedhed
10-10-2011, 12:14 PM
Commit to him being the starter for at least the rest of the year, and cater the offensive game plan to his strengths. Run a lot of shotgun and let the kid make plays. Don't try to run a cutesy timing offense based on 3-5 step drops. Just turn him lose and see what he's got.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Commit to him being the starter for at least the rest of the year, and cater the offensive game plan to his strengths. Run a lot of shotgun and let the kid make plays. Don't try to run a cutesy timing offense based on 3-5 step drops. Just turn him lose and see what he's got.this is the NFL,not the SEC. If it were that simple Alex smith would've won 5 SBs by now.

cmhargrove
10-10-2011, 12:19 PM
Get him a real QB coach and an OC that understands how to use him (could be MaCoy)

Gus Malzahn OC Auburn.

chawknz
10-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Tell him to keep being Tebow because that's why we love him.

Cmac821
10-10-2011, 12:24 PM
Urban Meyer

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:25 PM
Give him time to develop. More than anything that's what he needs.

Dedhed
10-10-2011, 12:28 PM
this is the NFL,not the SEC. If it were that simple Alex smith would've won 5 SBs by now.

Cam Newton.

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Give him time to develop. More than anything that's what he needs.

The front office and coaching staff wasn't the ones bitching for him to play now. All they ever said is he isn't ready to start yet.

Smiling Assassin27
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
this is the NFL,not the SEC. If it were that simple Alex smith would've won 5 SBs by now.

Alex Smith had 6 different OC's. He's had putrid O-Lines. He is the perfect example of what NOT to do with Tebow. He had coaches trying to make him something he's not--Joe Montana.

Rohirrim
10-10-2011, 12:34 PM

Harbaugh seems to have solved Alex Smith's "issues."
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/10/SP5S1LFGV9.DTL

I still wish that Elway had simply handed Harbaugh a blank check and said, "Write in a number."

NFLBRONCO
10-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Trade him before Deadline j/k

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Alex Smith had 6 different OC's. He's had putrid O-Lines. He is the perfect example of what NOT to do with Tebow. He had coaches trying to make him something he's not--Joe Montana.

I don't think its to much to ask for a QB to be able to take a snap from under center in the NFL. Smith had the same problems Tebow is facing coming into the NFL. Smith is just now starting to look OK.

gunns
10-10-2011, 12:37 PM

No, it's not McCoy. That should be our next move.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
The front office and coaching staff wasn't the ones b****ing for him to play now. All they ever said is he isn't ready to start yet.

Really? You're still playing that tune?

By giving him time, I meant time on the football field. Not time on the bench watching a **** QB **** our team over week after week.

EFX have shown their complete cluelessness in how they've handled the QB situation this year, and you are still backing that cluelessness. Good for you I guess...

TotallyScrewed
10-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Reps with the first string.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:39 PM
I don't think its to much to ask for a QB to be able to take a snap from under center in the NFL. Smith had the same problems Tebow is facing coming into the NFL. Smith is just now starting to look OK.

Smith is looking more than okay right now. He's looking pretty damn good. Too bad we didn't hire Harbaugh...

Slightly Soiled
10-10-2011, 12:43 PM

This.

Bring the Rollout back.

bendog
10-10-2011, 12:49 PM

Dedhed is his apt name, but I was thinking about this esp in light of yesterday. When NE is in 2nd and 10, they go shotgun at least some of the time. That's directly contrary to Shannyball, where 2nd and 10 is neutral or even likely run, because 3rd and 6 is easier to convert than 3rd and 10. But Tebow is not the kind of guy to convert 3rd and 6 where R.Smith runs a deep route and takes a safety with him either in or out, Sharpe runs to the first down marker on the sideline, and Howard Griffith runs to a spot ... and the qb makes the readS.

The question would be how many 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10's Tebow can convert. In the NFL a team can't just leave it's defense out there. Den didn't do in in the Shanny era, and NOLA and GB don't now. Brady is one of the most accurate med range qb that I can remember. Den's lack of heathy TE is a problem, but they can dumb it down for him with the WR doing one of two routes depending upon safeties, have the TE run to the area uncovered when the corner has to run, and let Tebow roll out. He's got one read to make at the line (the wr route) and then essentially an option to flip it to the TE or hoof it. Defenses will figure something that vanilla out real quick, but Tebow may progress.

Fox better play the kid though. Orton's useless, though he did buy the staff almost two months to coach Tebow, and Quinn's off with his girlfriend and her achilles.

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Really? You're still playing that tune?

By giving him time, I meant time on the football field. Not time on the bench watching a **** QB **** our team over week after week.

EFX have shown their complete cluelessness in how they've handled the QB situation this year, and you are still backing that cluelessness. Good for you I guess...

Yes I am. There are lots of ways to let a QB develop besides tossing him to the wolves. I said lots of times I have no problem letting him develop the proper way. I also said I don't really have faith in our FO being able to do that properly.

Smith is looking more than okay right now. He's looking pretty damn good. Too bad we didn't hire Harbaugh...

Sorry I'm not going to go that far. He has only thrown more then 30 passes in a game twice this season. He has improved a lot over the years into a good game manager. Which works well for that D and running game.

pricejj
10-10-2011, 12:53 PM
McDaniels ran the cheap, imitation, knock-off version of Belichek's offense...

...McCoy is running the cheap, imitation, knock-off version of McDaniels offense.

end result = steaming bucket of fail

BroncoBen
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM

I guess you missed the memo.. EFX, or I should say Elway and Fox were not impressed with Tebow from the beginning. Tebow is not their type of Quarterback. Tebow is a leftover from the McDaniels experiment.

Yes they would have traded Orton to Miami, if Orton was willing to re-do his contract. But it was about draft picks for the Broncos.

Build thru the draft is the mantra for the Broncos, drafting a Quarterback is part of the plan.

strafen
10-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Bring the shovel pass back!

bendog
10-10-2011, 01:07 PM
McDaniels ran the cheap, imitation, knock-off version of Belichek's offense...

...McCoy is running the cheap, imitation, knock-off version of McDaniels offense.

end result = steaming bucket of fail

Sadly, Den doesn't have enough TE's to run what Car is running for Cam, and not enough WRs to do what Billicheat does, 4 wr packages. The former regieme spent two entire years running off players, and the new group didn't go out to get Jeremy Shockey and Olson.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 01:09 PM
I guess you missed the memo..

Yep I missed the memo that never existed...

pricejj
10-10-2011, 01:23 PM
Sadly, Den doesn't have enough TE's to run what Car is running for Cam, and not enough WRs to do what Billicheat does, 4 wr packages. The former regieme spent two entire years running off players, and the new group didn't go out to get Jeremy Shockey and Olson.

What bothers me, is McCoy's inability to discern that McDaniels offense is not a successful NFL offense.

McCoy used to talk about not wanting to "tailor the offense" to Tebow. This is where he fails. The offense is crap. Magazu, McGahee, and the OL have somehow managed to make the running game effective at times, while the passing game is all on McCoy. The passing game revolves around bubble screens, quick toss-outs, mis-direction screens, and underthrown balls...all gimmick plays, which lost their effectiveness 6 games into the '09 season.

pricejj
10-10-2011, 01:28 PM
For Tebow to succeed, McCoy will need to design (and stick with) offensive game plans which rely on beating the defense...not simply trying to outscheme it.

The WR's will have to get open, the OL will have to create holes and hold blocks, the RB's will have to hit the holes and gain positive yardage...and the QB (Tebow) will need to make the throws down the field.

No more gimmick bull$hit.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 01:29 PM
What bothers me, is McCoy's inability to discern that McDaniels offense is not a successful NFL offense.

McCoy used to talk about not wanting to "tailor the offense" to Tebow. This is where he fails. The offense is crap. Magazu, McGahee, and the OL have somehow managed to make the running game effective at times, while the passing game is all on McCoy. The passing game revolves around bubble screens, quick toss-outs, mis-direction screens, and underthrown balls...all gimmick plays, which lost their effectiveness 6 games into the '09 season.

God I have come to hate the bubble screen. It never works for us anymore. We use it too often and every team knows to expect it. It is worse than pointless...

bendog
10-10-2011, 02:03 PM
For Tebow to succeed, McCoy will need to design (and stick with) offensive game plans which rely on beating the defense...not simply trying to outscheme it.

The WR's will have to get open, the OL will have to create holes and hold blocks, the RB's will have to hit the holes and gain positive yardage...and the QB (Tebow) will need to make the throws down the field.

No more gimmick bull$hit.

yeah, but Tebow can do stuff Orton cannot. What amused me was the hysteria here over Fox's not putting in "a Tebow package." Teams generally only focus on 60 or so plays in a game plan, and that includes specific plays for long and short yardages. There's no feasable way to have an entire set for one "different kind of qb." But, sure they could have put him in on 3rd and goal from the two, though what that possibly accomplishes more that Willis running it was never really clear to me ... unless Tebow is the lead blocker.

But if it's Tebow, then Fox/McCoy need to limit his reads and get him in space. Not every play in space, but Tebow can force defenses to contain him from getting outside the DE to run for the sideline. And Cam actually runs a quasi option once in awhile.

BMF Bronco
10-10-2011, 02:57 PM

i the same exact thing!!!!!!!!!

broncswin
10-10-2011, 03:00 PM
install a lot of play action through shotgun....bring back the run and gun baby

bendog
10-10-2011, 03:14 PM
i the same exact thing!!!!!!!!!

not zone blocking is a problem. Jake for all his faults could pass rolling either way. So, Shanny could have the line and tailback look to go one way, the stong side, and the front 7 or 8 keyed.

The WR on the weak side Plummer rolled too (Lelie most often) ran deep, taking the corner and hopefully the deep help safety. The other WR ran a crossing route, and Sharpe also ran a crossing route though not as deep, in the same direction as Plummer. So long as Jake got outside the DE, the play worked because there simply aren't enough defensive bodies to cover Smith Sharpe and keep contain.

But the thing is that the zone block to the strong side was Den's most common play. Den really only had a few running plays. They'd do different stuff with the FB, but with the zone every defender had to keep his lane because the whole thing was based on the TB cutting back into any vacant lane.

TheDave
10-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Tell him to keep being Tebow because that's why we love him.

LOL