PDA

View Full Version : Golic just said

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 03:35 AM
The screen pass was not a good pass by Tebow, but more of a great call.

Yes, they will exploit any and all cracks of Tebow's game, like water on a sidewalk.

:espnsux:

Doggcow
10-10-2011, 03:38 AM
Just like they've been saying "Tebow can't play at an NFL level" when all he's done is score TD's, move the chains, and pump up the team when he's in.

He did have a weird throwing motion on that TD pass, I think it still counts as a TD pass though. Unless they start counting "Tebow TD's" as 4 point plays for "unprettyness", I don't really mind. Even if they do, he's on pace to score 8 a game, so we should be alright still.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 03:40 AM
He has 13 TDs produced to 3 turn overs in time allotted.

Not bad.

ColoradoDarin
10-10-2011, 04:47 AM
Your first mistake was listing to Mike & Mike...

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Merril Hoge just said on Mike and Mike Tebow isn't a winner because he hasn't won all his games starting in the worst situations imaginable..

He said Tebow can't be a winner because he didn't win.. "doesn't matter what he did in college.." LOL

This dude has some serious sour grapes..

Didn't Peyton Manning suck his first year too? I guess he's not a winner either..

Ditka was just on Mike and Mike and said he would have started Tebow week one.. most probably know Ditka was campaigning for Tebow to start all summer.

He said you can't teach character and leadership. He was making fun of ESPN experts a little bit too. some comment about all of them crucifying Tebow.

Jetmeck
10-10-2011, 05:34 AM
Seriously what are the requirements for being an analyst these days. Knowing a little bit about nothing. Some of us hard core fans could be analysts better than these chumps.

AlphaSeirra
10-10-2011, 05:39 AM
:wave: :sunshine:

"I know noth-thing!" Sgt. Shultz :approve:

:wave:

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 05:41 AM
Analyst just means "paid hater" in sports talk now. They just rip the guys they hate and chalk it up as analysis.

Kiper was trashing TT on Twitter, too. It's clear Kiper just never liked TT as a prospect and when he beat his guys in college it probably made him upset and he became a hater.

I think that happens a lot - guys are biased to certain styles of Qbs or schools or teams etc. Tebow is an easy guy to be skeptical of if you want, too.

RhymesayersDU
10-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Seriously what are the requirements for being an analyst these days. Knowing a little bit about nothing. Some of us hard core fans could be analysts better than these chumps.

Nope.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 05:47 AM
The haters are so intolerable. Merrill Hoge said Brian Brohm would be better than Rodgers.

They all praise Cam Newton. Last I checked, they are 1-4, but that doesnt count.

Sam Bradford is the 28th rated QB and they are 0-4 this year.

BSPN is nothing but a left leaning, ignorant, double standard, white christian hating hate machine.

All they will talk about is completion %. Thats it and that is all. It beyond pathetic.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 05:53 AM
They all praise Cam Newton. Last I checked, they are 1-4, but that doesnt count.

They cut Orton slack because of his yardage like Cam.. I also think they cut them slack because they "look" like QBs.

Tebow doesn't play like all the other robots so he stinks. They would rather have TT stand in the pocket like a statue, fall down on the ground put up hollow stats and lose rather than play with heart, look unorthodox and win.

uplink
10-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Ditka was just on Mike and Mike and said he would have started Tebow week one.. most probably know Ditka was campaigning for Tebow to start all summer.

I think all the coaches that have commented have all been pro Tebow. These are the guys who got paid to make such decisions, so they are important guys to hear from. (Reeves, Ditka, Cohwer, Dungy, ....)

jhns
10-10-2011, 06:05 AM

Yes, they will exploit any and all cracks of Tebow's game, like water on a sidewalk.

And two weeks ago, they were claiming he couldn't execute a simple screen.

Haters gonna hate.

Inkana7
10-10-2011, 06:06 AM
To be fair, it *was* a great play call and totally took advantage of the safety blitz.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 06:12 AM
How can people say that wasn't a good pass by Tebow? He had the guy right up in his grille and delivered it perfectly and prevented taking a big hit by backpedalling.. It was a thing of beauty.

jhns
10-10-2011, 06:25 AM
To be fair, it *was* a great play call and totally took advantage of the safety blitz.

It was a fantastic play call with great execution.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 06:30 AM

Yes, it was good execution. It isnt just about dumping the ball. It is about looking down field and clearing out the safties, and taking a hit from the blitzing LB. If it isnt sold properly by the QB, the play blows up cause the defense reads the screen.

Screens work well, when the defense is fooled. Like any play, but especially screens.

enjolras
10-10-2011, 06:41 AM
BSPN is nothing but a left leaning, ignorant, double standard, white christian hating hate machine.

All they will talk about is completion %. Thats it and that is all. It beyond pathetic.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop it. Just stop it with the Christian victimization complex.

The media embraced Kurt Warner and Steve Young (for instance) with open arms. If you can't see why analysts might be critical of Tebow then you aren't paying attention. He certainly doesn't LOOK like a prototypical QB. If my job is to prognosticate, I'd be hard pressed to predict great success as well. He's a wild-card, but it should be a fun ride to see what type of player he will be over the next 11 games.

enjolras
10-10-2011, 06:43 AM
How can people say that wasn't a good pass by Tebow? He had the guy right up in his grille and delivered it perfectly and prevented taking a big hit by backpedalling.. It was a thing of beauty.

I was impressed. He did two things extremely well.

1. He clearly saw Weddle coming on the blitz. He calmly back-pedaled to give Moreno time to get across the field while sucking Weddle away from the pass.
2. The pass itself was spot on perfect.

Jetmeck
10-10-2011, 06:47 AM
Nope.

Nope what ?

Jetmeck
10-10-2011, 06:48 AM
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH stop it. Just stop it with the Christian victimization complex.

The media embraced Kurt Warner and Steve Young (for instance) with open arms. If you can't see why analysts might be critical of Tebow then you aren't paying attention. He certainly doesn't LOOK like a prototypical QB. If my job is to prognosticate, I'd be hard pressed to predict great success as well. He's a wild-card, but it should be a fun ride to see what type of player he will be over the next 11 games.

WTF ever................they said the same BS about Cam Newton because he was a run first QB.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 06:58 AM
With :24 on the clock the Broncos were sitting on their 20 yard line with no time outs. With :01 on the clock they were on the Chargers 30 with a shot to throw the ball into the end zone. That's a lot of yards in a very short period of time with the game on the line. In that situation most teams don't get very far and they settle for throwing the ball up for grabs because they are too far out. Tebow made to great passes to make that happen, and Lloyd made another freakish catch.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 07:00 AM

No, but he doesnt need to go to the level he does. Especially with the dobule standard at which he does it. He should already be crushed for claiming Brohm would be better than Rodgers. I know, he is such a great evaluator. Especially to the committed Tebow haters. He said he doesnt win, yet he doesnt say the same thing about Newton? He also said Newton wouldnt make it and I have heard him back track on that.

No, this is something different. Right now it is all about completion %. That is it, cause as of now he has generated 13 TDs to 3 TO in his time allotted. I know, none of that counts. Forget Bradford being an actual bag of shiiiiiit and over over hyped. That doesnt count either that they are 0-4. Got it.

I dont care if people say they dont believe he can make it, but it is the level and double standard displayed that makes me sick. It is that obvious why the hate is the way it is. We all know.

Yeah, I do think BSPN does have agendas. That is why I made a political left leaning distinction that is hard to deny. That is the chief reason for the blatant double standards they use in their ridicule. I should clarify that too. I have no problem with criticism. Tebow does not pass accurately. He makes me hold my breath a lot. He isnt a polished thrower of the ball. That is all fair.

However, there is a level of RIDICULE that is in their rhetoric and clear disrespect in their snooty way. I am not the only one seeing it. If there wasnt a clear double standard and that level of ridicule I wouldnt have a problem.

Maybe it is time for you to change your avatar. :spit:

gyldenlove
10-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Who is golic?

Northman
10-10-2011, 07:34 AM
I suppose Tebow could of rolled the ball to Moreno or mailed it.

deltbucs
10-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Yep....the analysts are stupid and the kids on the message boards know all! Tebow was awesome yesterday! He completed 4 pass in an entire half of football! And 2 of those were even beyond the line of scrimmage! Tebow is a winner!

Broncos4tw
10-10-2011, 07:44 AM
Tebow is a rookie with a whopping 3 starts. What did you expect, miracles? At least he looks like he gives a damn when he plays. I imagine if he actually gets practice time, coaching, and plans on being the starter, we'll see more happen. I don't imagine receivers can adjust instantly either, from a righty to a lefty.

deltbucs
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
Tebow is a rookie
ROFL!

How delusional can you folks be?

McDman
10-10-2011, 07:48 AM
The haters are so intolerable. Merrill Hoge said Brian Brohm would be better than Rodgers.

Newton is a rookie QB playing on the worst team in football last year and has them competitive. He absolutely deserves praise.

Pony Boy
10-10-2011, 07:50 AM
On the KOA radio broadcast Dave Logan said on the screen pass that Tebow didn't see the rush coming and held on to the ball too long and was lucky to get it off in time.

Then Brian Griese said he didn't care what the fans thought but if he was head coach he would put in Orton or Brady on the hail mary play because Tebow’s are wasn't strong enough to get it to the end zone ............

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Yep....the analysts are stupid and the kids on the message boards know all! Tebow was awesome yesterday! He completed 4 pass in an entire half of football! And 2 of those were even beyond the line of scrimmage! Tebow is a winner!

You know why Tebow passed so little and ran so much? Because the Chargers were prepared for Orton... one of the least mobile Qbs in the NFL. Orton's lack of mobility combined with his weak passing ability is likely why the Broncos offense is always so bad.

Don't blame Tebow for being smart and capitalizing on Orton's weaknesses.

Defenses will likely try to slow Tebow's running which they don't have to do against Orton and this will open the receivers in a way they never are for Orton.

This is why people can't figure out Tebow's bizarre impact on the Brocnos offense..

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Newton is a rookie QB playing on the worst team in football last year and has them competitive. He absolutely deserves praise.

Yeah, well that was hardly my point. My point is the double standard.

You are telling me you didnt get that?

Kaylore
10-10-2011, 07:53 AM

And Tebow's playing on the second worst team.

deltbucs
10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
You know why Tebow passed so little and ran so much? Because the Chargers were prepared for Orton... one of the least mobile Qbs in the NFL. Orton's lack of mobility combined with his weak passing ability is likely why the Broncos offense is always so bad.

Defenses will likely try to slow Tebow's running which they don't have to do against Orton and this will open the receivers in a way they never are for Orton.

This is why people can't figure out Tebow's bizarre impact on the Brocnos offense..

So 40% passing is good? Considering that half of those completions were a screen and a pass for no gain on 3rd and 8.

Archer81
10-10-2011, 07:58 AM
So 40% passing is good? Considering that half of those completions were a screen and a pass for no gain on 3rd and 8.

3 drops on those 10 attempts. Even then...Denver almost overcame a 16 point deficit in the last 15 minutes of play...

:Broncos:

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 07:58 AM

What matters is getting touchdowns.. not hollow numbers.. Orton put up Dan Marino numbers last season and stunk.

As I said in another thread.. Fox's style causes Qbs to put up crappy numbers.. win or lose.. Tebow kept his team in the game.. that is the important thing. that is why we stuck with Orton.. he did the same. Tebow is basically a rookie though and may be able to win those games Orton hasn't ever been able to.

rock
10-10-2011, 08:25 AM
No, it's not. But neither is throwing a couple of INT's per game.

zdoor
10-10-2011, 08:31 AM
The team is young with a lot of holes. Tebow is raw but shows tons of potential. He may or may not work out but I wouldn't bet against him.

Golic and Hodge are just idiots that backed themselves into a corner with over the top takes.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
I'm so sick of the Tebow hate simply because his game is "ugly" by traditional QB standards.

Last time I checked you don't get extra points for TD's thrown when the snap is taken from under center.

Last time I checked, running touchdowns and yards count just as much as passing ones.

Last time I checked, Tim Tebow (ugly game and all) has had a significant role in 4 broncos games...3 of which he either brought us back to win or within a stones throw in games we had no business of being in.

People get too caught up in the process of how points are scored and ignore the fact that THE POINTS ARE BEING SCORED. His game is ugly, its unconventional, but for whatever reason, HE MOVES THE TEAM DOWN THE FIELD and energizes both the offense and defense. If the broncos D stops Rivers on that huge 3rd down pass to Floyd (or if DJ Williams wasnt a ****head), Tim Tebow is in great position to win that game. And, though a simple "feeling" is meaningless, I just had the feeling that he'd drive us down the field. The guy just makes clutch plays.

Also, without recalling stats (though its been said before), yes, he's not incredibly accurate, but the plays he DOES make generally go for longer than the avg QB. Didn't he avg 16 yards a completion or something absurd like that last year? So yes, its different. very different. But he gets the job done. To wit, the second most exciting incompletion of the year (the 50 yard hurl just out of Decker's reach) is an example of plays he'll make (the actual result of the play is inconsequential to my point, give him the same play again and there's as good of a chance its complete). In some weird way, he's almost like the Barry Sanders of QBs. He'll make a few bad plays and then, boom, there's one huge one to make up for it.

So hate on, but we're about to watch some fun, different football for the next 11 weeks.

zdoor
10-10-2011, 08:34 AM
On the KOA radio broadcast Dave Logan said on the screen pass that Tebow didn't see the rush coming and held on to the ball too long and was lucky to get it off in time.

Then Brian Griese said he didn't care what the fans thought but if he was head coach he would put in Orton or Brady on the hail mary play because Tebow’s are wasn't strong enough to get it to the end zone ............

Ironic coming from Griese

snowspot66
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
ROFL!

How delusional can you folks be?

It's not a far off base statement to make. Tebow has one full year (with only three starts) under his belt and only his rookie off season work to go with it.

zdoor
10-10-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm so sick of the Tebow hate simply because his game is "ugly" by traditional QB standards.

Last time I checked you don't get extra points for TD's thrown when the snap is taken from under center.

Last time I checked, running touchdowns and yards count just as much as passing ones.

Last time I checked, Tim Tebow (ugly game and all) has had a significant role in 4 broncos games...3 of which he either brought us back to win or within a stones throw in games we had no business of being in.

People get too caught up in the process of how points are scored and ignore the fact that THE POINTS ARE BEING SCORED. His game is ugly, its unconventional, but for whatever reason, HE MOVES THE TEAM DOWN THE FIELD and energizes both the offense and defense. If the broncos D stops Rivers on that huge 3rd down pass to Floyd (or if DJ Williams wasnt a ****head), Tim Tebow is in great position to win that game. And, though a simple "feeling" is meaningless, I just had the feeling that he'd drive us down the field. The guy just makes clutch plays.

Also, without recalling stats (though its been said before), yes, he's not incredibly accurate, but the plays he DOES make generally go for longer than the avg QB. Didn't he avg 16 yards a completion or something absurd like that last year? So yes, its different. very different. But he gets the job done. To wit, the second most exciting incompletion of the year (the 50 yard hurl just out of Decker's reach) is an example of plays he'll make (the actual result of the play is inconsequential to my point, give him the same play again and there's as good of a chance its complete). In some weird way, he's almost like the Barry Sanders of QBs. He'll make a few bad plays and then, boom, there's one huge one to make up for it.

So hate on, but we're about to watch some fun, different football for the next 11 weeks.

I'm with you... Bright spot in an otherwise bummer of a season

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 08:36 AM
Where did this "tebow's arm is weak" meme come from by the way? Am I missing something?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM

And it was a great screen by Tebow. HE CONSTANTLY does this and tricks me. Because I'm kinda used to him sitting in the pocket too long, I'm convinced he's doing it again until i see him drop off the screen. He's really great at setting that up. Sure, he's got plenty of holes, but throwing screens and deep balls arent among them.

deltbucs
10-10-2011, 08:42 AM
It's not a far off base statement to make. Tebow has one full year (with only three starts) under his belt and only his rookie off season work to go with it.

It's actually completely off base. Watch this....

Is Tebow a rookie?
No.

Pretty simple, really.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 08:49 AM

I think what people also miss is that DIFFERENT can be a great thing...

The NFL is so CONVENTIONAL in how they do things it is nearly impossible for opposing teams to adapt to Tebow's ultra unconventional methods.

But the flip side of that is that Tebow's own coaches are scared shirtless to try to adapt to him too... because they don't get how much it will help them. This is why i was so confident Tebow could have been successful right from the jump IF his team built a system around him that adapted to his abilities.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 08:56 AM

This is why people can't figure out Tebow's bizarre impact on the Brocnos offense..that is in your top 5 dumbest comments. Your fantasys about tebow are reaching epic levels.

ColoradoDarin
10-10-2011, 08:56 AM

Is Tebow a rookie?
No.

Pretty simple, really.

Look at how bad Walton and Beadles were to start the season. They needed that off season of work to improve, but they've made a lot of progress the last month - huge progress. And they've been running with the 1s since the start of camp.

You expect Tebow to come in, rusty from not playing, and be Manning? He didn't even get to work with the 1s this week in practice.

And yet, we are one play from winning (or one smart decision to start Tebow instead of bringing him in at half).

barryr
10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
This is the type of idiocy we will get to see now. No matter the result, "Tebow's pass was not perfect" type of stupidity. As long as it doesn't end up in the hands of the other team, I couldn't care less what it looks like.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Thats the problem with tebowknobslobbers, tebow could completely fail the rest of the season & it will everyones but tebows fault.

wait til teams game plan him & he's not playing against a prevent defense.

barryr
10-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Thats the problem with tebowknobslobbers, tebow could completely fail the rest of the season & it will everyones but tebows fault.

So you prefer to continue to see Orton out there?

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 09:08 AM

He might not be perfect, but why do tebow haters completely ignore black and white results? The Broncos have been complete **** this year and, in one half of football, there was energy and excitement again. What was the difference?

Dagmar
Who is golic?

Mike Golic of Mike and Mike

jhns

Your boy Orton sure proved to be better as he was outproduced by Tebow, again.

It can't be said enough. You McFans are retarded.

Paladin
10-10-2011, 09:10 AM

Hey there, Sparky. Tebow does not call the plays. McCoy does. So, Sparky, umm...., you thnk Tebow gonna be the OC? Ha!

Right.

snowspot66
10-10-2011, 09:11 AM

Is Tebow a rookie?
No.

Pretty simple, really.

Let me rephrase. It's only off base if you are an anal retentive nitpicking asshole.

BroncsCheer
10-10-2011, 09:14 AM
But the flip side of that is that Tebow's own coaches are scared shirtless to try to adapt to him too... because they don't get how much it will help them.

They may or may not "get it" - but I think they're being typical, NFL coaches with the conservative approach to taking a risk (modifying the offense) versus the reward (a unique and unconventional offensive attack).

My take is that they're really worried about changing the offensive makeup just for Teebs - because if it fails, they're basically farked.

I say that they should do it, BTW, and let his instincts and will take over from there. If it fails, there's another offseason and another draft to work on it. I mean, what are we going to do, lose more games? Like that wasn't a real possibility anyways . ... .

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
So you prefer to continue to see Orton out there?

actually I expected orton to finish the game & get benched during the bye-week. It would have given tebow & the broncos an eliment of surprise comming out of the bye week. there is no element of surprise now. every team knows we're starting tebow.

pricejj
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM

Tebow can throw about 20 yards longer than Orton...

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM

It can't be said enough. You McFans are retarded.that's also another problem with you tebownites,you automaticly assume that since we don't worship tebow that we must be supporters of McD & Orton.

pricejj
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM

Remember all the hate Elway received until he won a Superbowl?...Looking very much the same for Timmy. Call it east coast bias, or whatever you want...but the Broncos are back.

GO BRONCOS

razorwire77
10-10-2011, 09:20 AM

I'm far from a "Tebowslobber" but what would you propose that the franchise do? Continue to start a veteran QB that produced 3 points, and 2.6 yards per pass average? Cry? Forfeit? There is no way that anybody can make a rational argument that Orton gives the team a better chance to win.

Your post reeks of predicting that Tebow will fail so you can be vindicated on a message board. "SEE, SEE, SEE, I told you he'd fail, when teams could scheme against him!"

Maybe the kid will fail, maybe he won't, but at least they are finally going through the evaluation process in game situations.

pricejj
10-10-2011, 09:21 AM
He might not be perfect, but why do tebow haters completely ignore black and white results? The Broncos have been complete **** since Shanahan was fired, and, in one half of football, there was energy and excitement again. What was the difference?

fyp

barryr
10-10-2011, 09:22 AM
actually I expected orton to finish the game & get benched during the bye-week. It would have given tebow & the broncos an eliment of surprise comming out of the bye week. there is no element of surprise now. every team knows we're starting tebow.

Wow, the element of surprise for one game, a game against another bad team by the way. Glad you are not in charge with that reasoning.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm far from a "Tebowslobber" but what would you propose that the franchise do? Continue to start a veteran QB that produced 3 points, and 2.6 yards per pass average? Cry? Forfeit? There is no way that anybody can make a rational argument that Orton gives the team a better chance to win.

Your post reeks of predicting that Tebow to fail so you can be vindicated on a message board. "SEE, SEE, SEE, I told you he'd fail, when teams could scheme against him!"

Maybe the kid will fail, maybe he won't, but at least they are finally going through the evaluation process in game situations.

I have no objection to tebow starting, I object to all the hype being heaped onto him.

barryr
10-10-2011, 09:24 AM
I have no objection to tebow starting, I object to all the hype being onto him.

How in the world does that bother you personally?

jhns
10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
that's also another problem with you tebownites,you automaticly assume that since we don't worship tebow that we must be supporters of McD & Orton.

Orton is the only other option. If you are hating on Tebow, you are for Orton. It isn't like we can bring Luck in right now...

jhns
10-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I have no objection to tebow starting, I object to all the hype being heaped onto him.

So it is bad to like a QB that actually produces points for the team I like? Interesting.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
How in the world does that bother you personally?

you guys make him out to be more than what he is. 4/10 is great it isn't even good.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Orton is the only other option. If you are hating on Tebow, you are for Orton. It isn't like we can bring Luck in right now...

No, it's looking at your team & seeing NO GOOD OPTION at QB.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
My take is that they're really worried about changing the offensive makeup just for Teebs - because if it fails, they're basically farked.

I don't think you really have to change things that much right away.. I think it's more about emphasizing things in play calling.. You have all the QBs running the same system.. it's just Tebow runs more of the plays suited to him and fewer of the plays suited to other QBs..

Look how Matt Cassel came in when Brady went down and ran so well in the same system that Brady was using.

If they could do that why can't they do the reverse with Tebow starting and the "Tom Brady" coming in if Tebow goes down?

jhns
10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
you guys make him out to be more than what he is. 4/10 is great it isn't even good.

He again proves that he produces more points than the large majority of QBs in this league. You claim that he isn't good. He almost wins a game that he was thrown into with a huge deficit and you claim he isn't good. He produces points against one of the best statistical defenses in the league after not working with the center or receivers this year, and you think he isn't good. How intelligent.

Haters gonna hate.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 09:30 AM

It can't be said enough. You McFans are retarded.

How is this on ****ing mcdaniels. He drafted Tebow! Let it go.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:31 AM
So it is bad to like a QB that actually produces points for the team I like? Interesting.

Hey,I want to see it happen against teams who have gameplanned him. not against 3rd stringers in preseason or against a prevent defense of a team that was not prepared for him.

razorwire77
10-10-2011, 09:31 AM

The kid is arguably the greatest collegiate player in modern history and a first round pick. Yesterday he took over from Kyle Orton, who produced just about the most limp dicked QB effort in a half I can remember in 28 years of watching Bronco football and Tebow instantly sparked not only the offense, but the defense as well.

Maybe he's earned a little bit of hype. Maybe it's OK to hype up the kid. . . and I don't know get excited about the team we all root for. But, I suppose it's more fun to predict that he'll fail will the hopes that you can bump the thread later on and self high five on a message board.

Yay.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't think you really have to change things that much right away.. I think it's more about emphasizing things in play calling.. You have all the QBs running the same system.. it's just Tebow runs more of the plays suited to him and fewer of the plays suited to other QBs.. Look how Matt Cassel came in when Brady went down and ran so well in the same system that Brady was using.

If they could do that why can't they do the reverse with Tebow starting and the "Tom Brady" coming in if Tebow goes down?

BS, the offensive system would have to change majorly. look at the changes the eagles had to make for Vick. they have to make the same changes for tebow. The eagles had to bring in Vince Young to make sure they had a QB that could run that offense. If tebow got hurt the broncos would be ****ed.

jhns
10-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Hey,I want to see it happen against teams who have gameplanned him. not against 3rd stringers in preseason or against a prevent defense of a team that was not prepared for him.

You mean like having the seventh best offense in the league for three games last season. Two of those games being against the top two pass defenses?

He produces every single time and people still are being haters. At least a wait and see approach would make some sense for those that don't believe the numbers. Saying that he sucks makes it seem like you don't understand the point of an offense in football.

BroncsCheer
10-10-2011, 09:36 AM

Maybe because there's no "Tom Brady" on then bench for the Broncos? ;)

Cassel and Brady are both classic pocket QB's, with similar physical makeup, size, and competence with the Belichick offense.

I would hope that McCoy is savvy enough to take advantage of Tebow's strengths without too much delta on the offensive makeup - perhaps you're right about that. We'll see. He's a lefty, which puts Franklin in the spotlight, but having the legit running threat from #15 has to amount to something . ..

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
The kid is arguably the greatest collegiate player in modern history and a first round pick. Yesterday he took over from Kyle Orton, who produced just about the most limp dicked QB effort in a half I can remember in 28 years of watching Bronco football and Tebow instantly sparked not only the offense, but the defense as well.

Maybe he's earned a little bit of hype. Maybe it's OK to hype up the kid. . . and I don't know get excited about the team we all root for. But, I suppose it's more fun to predict that he'll fail will the hopes that you can bump the thread later on and self high five on a message board.

Yay.

college doesn't mean anything as far as success in the NFL.
Tebow wasn't a 1st rd talent,it took denver trading back into the 1st for him to get drafted in the 1st. If wasn't for that he probably would've fell to the 3rd rd.

baja
10-10-2011, 09:41 AM
They cut Orton slack because of his yardage like Cam.. I also think they cut them slack because they "look" like QBs.

Tebow doesn't play like all the other robots so he stinks. They would rather have TT stand in the pocket like a statue, fall down on the ground put up hollow stats and lose rather than play with heart, look unorthodox and win.

Yes this falls under you "truth coms in three stages" mantra.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
You mean like having the seventh best offense in the league for three games last season. Two of those games being against the top two pass defenses?

He produces every single time and people still are being haters. At least a wait and see approach would make some sense for those that don't believe the numbers. Saying that he sucks makes it seem like you don't understand the point of an offense in football.where in that post do I say he sucks?
as I have stated let's see what he does once he goes against teams that have a book on him or have gameplanned him. with Vick & Young, teams already know what defenses work against running QBs.

DBroncos4life
10-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Another FL poster.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Maybe because there's no "Tom Brady" on then bench for the Broncos?

I mean the Matt Cassel version of Tom Brady.. like Brady Quinn.. or A Kerry Collins type..

Cassel and Brady are both classic pocket QB's, with similar physical makeup, size, and competence with the Belichick offense.

Cassel didn't play like Brady though.. he played like a poor Man's Tebow. He had a lot of rushing yards in Brady's system.

I would hope that McCoy is savvy enough to take advantage of Tebow's strengths without too much delta on the offensive makeup - perhaps you're right about that. We'll see. He's a lefty, which puts Franklin in the spotlight, but having the legit running threat from #15 has to amount to something . ..

One thing about Tebow is that his style really simplifies the offense. I think because it gives you so many advantages to have a running QB. I think the whole reason pass heavy offenses are so complex is because they have to make things convoluted to try to get an edge because the defense has advantage against a pass only offense.

The other good thing though is that there are a lot of running QBs out there.. so I would think you could find some good backups for Tebow. Just like Vince Young behind Vick. The Eagles got Vick for the same reason..

jhns
10-10-2011, 09:49 AM
where in that post do I say he sucks?
as I have stated let's see what he does once he goes against teams that have a book on him or have gameplanned him. with Vick & Young, teams already know what defenses work against running QBs.

He already did. He produced a top 10 offense.

If you don't think he sucks, what is your problem with him? Why are you arguing with anyone that has something positive to say?

razorwire77
10-10-2011, 09:54 AM
Tebow wasn't a 1st rd talent,it took denver trading back into the 1st for him to get drafted in the 1st. If wasn't for that he probably would've fell to the 3rd rd.

But he was drafted in the 1st round, and thus, receives the same amount of hype and expectations as any QB drafted in the first round. More because of his achievements in the SEC.

You're right that college doesn't necessarily predicate NFL success, but he the level of success he achieved warrants a certain amount of excitement and hype as far as how and if that ability will transfer to the NFL (which so far he's been pretty ****ing exciting). In other words, it's not like he's been hyped up and **** the bed.

I agree, with you that excessive Tebow nut-hugging can be obnoxious, but at this point I don't see how anyone who is a Bronco fan isn't excited to see this kid get a shot, so at least we know what direction the team is headed going into next year's draft.

It beats the hell out of the Debby Downer Eeyore "wait until they scheme the kid and make him fail argument."

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Luv me some Tebow.

Haters gonna hate.

I could give a shiat less if he's throwing underhand and taking all the snaps from 15 yard deep shotgun as long as he's getting the job done.

Tebow is a winner. Always has been a winner.

Bronco football is fun again. :)

Swedish Extrovert
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM

Such a winner of a post.

Spider
10-10-2011, 10:51 AM
Look I dont know why you guys listen to these talking hairdos on TV , we all know what we saw , I still don think Tebow is Ready , but the team rallied around him , despite some obvious bumps , Tebow daym near lead this team back to a win , think about it , Broncos go in at half time no chance in Hell , come out and dayum near won ... he entire stadium and all of us know what we saw ..... fork Golic ...

MplsBronco
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM

puff, puff, pass that peacepipe. I want some of what you are smoking.

deltbucs
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM

And his 4 completions consisted of.....

A screen
A circus catch by Lloyd
A completion for no gain on a 3rd and 8
A wide open receiver in the middle of the field against prevent defense

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 11:40 AM

A screen
A circus catch by Lloyd

Hmm...yet we scored 14 pts in the half and were very close to winning the game..so...hmmmm...you're right, lets put the guy who can barely move the offense and ****ing sucks back in. GOOD CALL.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 11:42 AM
puff, puff, pass that peacepipe. I want some of what you are smoking.

I'm sorry,what part of denver trading back into the 1st rd,did you not undestand?

Archer81
10-10-2011, 11:48 AM

A screen
A circus catch by Lloyd

Who are you and why does your opinion matter on the subject?

In short, **** off.

:Broncos:

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
I'm sorry,what part of denver trading back into the 1st rd,did you not undestand?

With picks manufactured by previous trades...why do people never mention this. He had a plan, he executed the plan. He mortgaged no future picks to get back into the first round (iirc). It was all picks that were manufactured from the first pick trade down.

SonOfLe-loLang
10-10-2011, 11:55 AM
And,though ive said this 1000000 times, ill say it again. Tim Tebow is worth a high selection simply for his goal line play. By the way, notice how we actually scored a TD in the red zone during his trip down there? He should constantly be used in those situations...what a weapon down there

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 11:56 AM

A lot of what you say is true. He may not throw with a high competion % and that will be the crack the haters will exploit, and they will not relent. Trust me, BSPN will focus on the incompletions. Newton was 16 for 31. Wanna bet they dont say a thing about his completion% and Orton was 6 for 13 and his completion % sucks, but the Hoge, Dilfer, and Clayton types will insist that is all that matters ONLY FOR TEBOW. Imagine water on a sidewalk. It finds all the little cracks, even the ones you cant see. The media is water and Tebow is the sidewalk. BSPN is BSPN for a reason.

Remember when BSPN thought Reggie Bush was a cant miss lock and the Texans were killed?

The bottom line is Tebow rallies everyone. The whole team picks up. He is always trying to pull out victories. Regardless of his "stats" he produces points. Should remind every single Bronco fan of another QB that did something similar for 16 seasons. That.....is our argument whenever they bring up the fact he had a career 79 rating. He didnt have a great completion % and was never the best QB in the pocket.

Just sayin.

peacepipe
10-10-2011, 11:58 AM
With picks manufactured by previous trades...why do people never mention this. He had a plan, he executed the plan. He mortgaged no future picks to get back into the first round (iirc). It was all picks that were manufactured from the first pick trade down.

that just shows the stupidity of MCD. he could've waited til the 2nd rd and got him for a lot less. he probably didn't need to trade up at all, he would've been there at there pick in the 2nd.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
You see, if we remember watching Elway play, we would remember that there is more to QBing that simply passing in the pocket. Cant meausure that stuff.

Ask any coach. Most if not all of coaches have an understanding of Xs and Os. The game of football is as much psychological as it is physical. It is about either matching or surpassing INTENSITY of your opponent. Elway.....RAISED the level of intensity....in the right moments. That is what some of us see and cant define. Instead these people will diminish what he saw and now claim it to be sad about Broncos fans getting excited about a loss.

No, let me clarify for some who may be confused who seem to forget Elway. We know a winner when we see one. It isnt all about the stats. It is about the energy and level of expectations that rise when a player is on the field. It is about all of those things that cant be measured, that we dont get or cant quanitify. BSPN is trying with the QBR.

We are slo pretty excited that this team is just a different team with that energy. I can also say I believe this team would be 4-1 right now if Tebow was the starter from the start.

GreatBronco16
10-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Then go back and watch the games he started last year.

snowspot66
10-10-2011, 12:02 PM

A screen
A circus catch by Lloyd

Two can play at this game.

His six incompletions consisted of:

1.) Throw to Lloyd that was on target and well thrown. Just didn't come down in bounds.

2.) Hail Marry.

3.) Two point conversion that Llyod had in his hands. The defender made a great play.

4.) A scramble and throw across the field to Decker who by design or screw up was running AWAY from Tebow instead of back towards him to help out and yet still nearly came down with it.

That leaves two bad throws though honestly one of those two might have been decent. I only remember the one in the dirt to the TE. I don't recall the other attempt.

BlueandOrange32
10-10-2011, 12:03 PM
that just shows the stupidity of MCD. he could've waited til the 2nd rd and got him for a lot less. he probably didn't need to trade up at all, he would've been there at there pick in the 2nd.

There is a lot of assumption with that. It was rumored that the Bills were targeting him along with other teams. We cant assume where or who would have taken him. I mean we can, but it doesnt make it a fact. We dont, nor will ever know where he would have been selected.

The problem is he doesnt fit in our paradigm of what a QB is suppose to look like. He defies everything and everyone at every level thought he wasnt a QB. He proved them all wrong.

All he has done in his allotted time is generate 13 TDs to 3 TOs. He had the same basic rating as Newton who is being praised. Bradford is still being praised and if you see what he has actually done, it is utter crap.

snowspot66
10-10-2011, 12:04 PM

Unlikely. Both Jacksonville and Buffalo wanted him. They needed butts in the seats real bad. Still do.

plummerrox
10-10-2011, 03:11 PM
I had season tickets for 15 years in the South Stands. I didn't renew this year. Couldn't justify the expense, especially with how tough the past few years have been.

Yesterday, for one quarter i was excited to be a Broncos Fan. That was fun. That was because of how the team reacted to the change at qb. Yes, Orton isn't the reason we lose almost every week, but i can't think of ONE GAME where he was the reason we won.

Tebow has a long way to go and i am going to enjoy watching the journey.

Go Broncos.

baja
10-10-2011, 03:42 PM
I had season tickets for 15 years in the South Stands. I didn't renew this year. Couldn't justify the expense, especially with how tough the past few years have been.

Yesterday, for one quarter i was excited to be a Broncos Fan. That was fun. That was because of how the team reacted to the change at qb. Yes, Orton isn't the reason we lose almost every week, but i can't think of ONE GAME where he was the reason we won.

Go Broncos.

I think this post sums up the feelings of most of Bronco's nation.

Houshyamama
10-10-2011, 03:50 PM

wut

bendog
10-10-2011, 03:59 PM
You deny that ESPN is biased, and even hates, white christians?? No one denies this.

Play2win
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM

Wait... you mean there was a moment when the Denver Broncos weren't the SUCK at play calling?

In all the time I have been on the Mane, I don't think I have ever seen the word "good" in such close proximities to the words "play call", let alone "Great"...

Maximus
10-10-2011, 04:05 PM
:wave: :sunshine:

"I know noth-thing!" Sgt. Shultz :approve:

:wave:

Correct... you can't even spell your user name right.

Houshyamama
10-10-2011, 04:06 PM
You deny that ESPN is biased, and even hates, white christians?? No one denies this.

http://troll.me/images/futurama-fry/not-sure-if-serious-or-not.jpg

Play2win
10-10-2011, 04:07 PM

Yeah, he would, except for the fact... he is cam newton.

rmsanger
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
I admit I really enjoy watching Mike & Mike, especially when Stink is on there. I may not always agree with their analysis but find it the most entertaining show on TV in the morning (except my quick flash over to Morning Joe to see Mika's sexy legs).

The pure bias against Tebow from Hoge, Dilfer, and and even Tom Jackson is frustrating. I dropped three F bombs yesterday after they poo poo'd Tebow's performance. They were blindly defending Orton and talked about his wonderful practices and how big our playbook comparatively is when he starts. I screamed out have you watch a single F'ing Denver game since Orton has started did you watch as he carelessly through Pick 6's and shrugs it off...

TDmvp
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Unreal that this thread is 5 pages ... No idea if maybe it moved away from the original topic cause no way I'm read 5 pages IF it's all about something Golic said.

All Golic said was

Great call on the screen , better call then pass , the pass was fine but great play call.

And technically he's right. I mean it's rare when someone completes a screen do you think great pass. The pass was fine and it was a great play but Golic was far from being anti Tebow. Hell M&M have been about the most pro Tebow people on that network . That's not saying much but they are the bubble gum twins of espn and rarely take negative stances.

I can't stand espn but this thread is stupid.

myMind
10-10-2011, 04:25 PM
BSPN is nothing but a left leaning,.

What the **** does political affiliation have to do with espn being haters?
I agree with the fact that most of them are useless ****bags, but trying to sneak in a snipe at liberals is just lame man. Take that **** to the forum dedicated to it.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Unreal that this thread is 5 pages ... No idea if maybe it moved away from the original topic cause no way I'm read 5 pages IF it's all about something Golic said.

All Golic said was

And technically he's right. I mean it's rare when someone completes a screen do you think great pass. The pass was fine and it was a great play but Golic was far from being anti Tebow. Hell M&M have been about the most pro Tebow people on that network . That's not saying much but they are the bubble gum twins of espn and rarely take negative stances.

The problem with that is that Tebow actually did a perfect job of holding the ball and selling the play and then delivered a well placed ball to Moreno. Was the pass itself that impressive? No. Was his execution of the play impressive? Yes. When a QB runs a screen play that well it is very hard to defend.

Ray Finkle
10-10-2011, 04:40 PM

All Golic said was

I have no problem with that quote....it's on the money.

Broncoman13
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I cannot believe people whine so much about every bit of analysis. It was a great call and Tebow did a fine job of allowing the blitz to come in and free up the play.

Garcia Bronco
10-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I see Golic's point that is was a great play call, but the throw was awesome and the best part was the sell that Tebow put on that defense. They had no idea it was a screen, and that's why it went for a TD.

Houshyamama
10-10-2011, 05:17 PM
I cannot believe people whine so much about every bit of analysis. It was a great call and Tebow did a fine job of allowing the blitz to come in and free up the play.

Executing a screen takes acting, Orton gave it away all the time. His footwork was very different and defenses keyed in on that. Tebow's probably too unpredictable to key in on Hilarious!

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2011, 07:56 PM
Yaeh, Orton was back peddling for some reason many times on screens and quick outs.

Jay3
10-10-2011, 07:58 PM
The screen game is a huge part of football. And Tebow's screen game is very good, due to his athletic feet and sense of timing.

KipCorrington25
10-10-2011, 08:02 PM
Who is golic?

He's the guy in the center with his mouth agape.

http://sharetv.org/images/saved_by_the_bell_the_college_years-show.jpg

Bronco Rob
10-10-2011, 08:08 PM

Amen.

Bronco Rob
10-10-2011, 08:16 PM

Go Broncos.

GO BRONCOS!

Steve Sewell
10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
For those projecting what Tebow might become...think Doug Flutie only 6 inches taller and built like a brick ****house. I'll take that any day of the week.

Archedamian
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM

I freaking hate McD and what he did to this team. However, wouldn't it be ironic if the one thing he did right was draft Tebow. Wouldn't it be great if Tebow turns out to prove everyone wrong. In my head, this is the scenario I see working itself out. I will root for Tebow just because the deck is stacked so much against him.

MacGruder
10-10-2011, 09:14 PM
I freaking hate McD and what he did to this team. However, wouldn't it be ironic if the one thing he did right was draft Tebow. Wouldn't it be great if Tebow turns out to prove everyone wrong. In my head, this is the scenario I see working itself out. I will root for Tebow just because the deck is stacked so much against him.

This is the funny thing though.. I think all along McD was making the decisions Belichick would make. he just didn't have all the tools Beli has to get the job done.. but can you blame him for trying to emulate Belichick's philosophy?

WABronco
10-11-2011, 12:47 AM
What the **** does political affiliation have to do with espn being haters?
I agree with the fact that most of them are useless ****bags, but trying to sneak in a snipe at liberals is just lame man. Take that **** to the forum dedicated to it.

What's worse than some retard bringing up politics in this context? Someone who takes real offense to it. Srsly guyz.