PDA

View Full Version : Did the refs cost us the game tonight?

Houshyamama
10-09-2011, 06:57 PM
What do you think? I think yes.

UberBroncoMan
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
We cost ourselves the game more than them. The call at the end on DJ was ****ing stupid though. Apparently Willis was PI'ed at the end too from what I heard in chat. They had no problem doing that on us vs the Jets last year so /shrug.

schaaf
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I think waiting to switch to Tebow had the bigger effect

bronco militia
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
whining about the refs is for Raiders and Chiefs fans

ColoradoDarin
10-09-2011, 06:59 PM
Orton cost us this game.

Houshyamama
10-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I think waiting to switch to Tebow had the bigger effect

...regardless. The BS roughing the passer call and that COMPLETE BS PF call on SD's last drive was one of the worst calls I've seen in recent memory. Let's just put a flag on the QB and be done with it.

Play2win
10-09-2011, 07:02 PM
I think it was that freakin' "Trade Brandon Lloyd" thread that cost us the game.

Without it we surely would have won.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2011, 07:03 PM
Spotting the other team 30 minutes and 13 points before ditching the habitual loser cost us the game. DJ not being able to control his drunk rage just sealed the deal.

UberBroncoMan
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM
I think it was that freakin' "Trade Brandon Lloyd" thread that cost us the game.

Without it we surely would have won.

A good change of pace thought invoking thread that has nothing to do with QB's imo.

Goobzilla
10-09-2011, 07:10 PM
If DJ doesn't lose his cool the offense gets another minute on the clock to win the game.

gyldenlove
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Not really - a good team doesn't need refs helping them.

Pick Six
10-09-2011, 07:13 PM
No. The second person who reacts is usually who gets called, but DJ still needed to keep his cool...

ant1999e
10-09-2011, 07:15 PM
We cost ourselves the game more than them. The call at the end on DJ was ****ing stupid though. Apparently Willis was PI'ed at the end too from what I heard in chat. They had no problem doing that on us vs the Jets last year so /shrug.

I agree. And there.was absolutely pass interference. They pushed him out of the endzone.

lonestar
10-09-2011, 07:19 PM
whining about the refs is for Raiders and Chiefs fans

Wow I was thinking the same thing..

Speaking about whining did Y'all see Rivers pleading his case on the fumble after the decision was made and the Ref was talking to Norv..

Was thinking that tears were soon on the horizon..

But then he came out and led his team to the game winning FG..

hades
10-09-2011, 07:31 PM
We convert that 2nd 2 pointer and it's a totally different game.

Brisker
10-09-2011, 07:33 PM
No

Frisian
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I voted yes, just because I hate it when refs make a iffy call that impacts the game so much toward the end of the game.

But I really know that they were not the reason we lost.

Brisker
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Not really - a good team doesn't need refs helping them.true!

broncolife
10-09-2011, 07:55 PM
Not really - a good team doesn't need refs helping them.

What about a 1-4 team?

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I didn't think that the ref needed to throw a flag on DJ. At that moment of the game, over what was pretty much a bump, break the two up and leave the flag in your pocket. That call nearly ended the game. It was too big of a moment to call that.

But there were a number of other things that cost the Broncos the game.

tnedator
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv3kmJQJxOU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv3kmJQJxOU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 07:58 PM
I voted no, cause regardless if the Refs blew some calls there at the end, I don't like to blame them.

BUT, to give a BS PF call to the Chargers at the end, then not call the PI for us there at the very end is just horse****.

cabronco
10-09-2011, 08:06 PM
Fox... for not starting Tebow. Did Dumerville play today, maybe he's not 100% but he was a non factor today.

maven
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
BUT, to give a BS PF call to the Chargers at the end, then not call the PI for us there at the very end is just horse****.

Agree. for Tebow to stay alive that long on the last play, a PI call was bound to happen. Unfortunately, the refs didn't throw the flag.

BroncsCheer
10-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I blame Goodman

smoke4815162342
10-09-2011, 08:10 PM
Jimmie Johnson once said at The U to never let the refs have an oppertunity to decide a game at the end because you will lose. The hurricane players did that, and ended up being the difference between a national championship/first ever 3-peat and the season they had.

Tombstone RJ
10-09-2011, 08:11 PM
How many penalties did Sandy Eggo have? The refs definitely affected the outcome of this game.

tnedator
10-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Even if the call on DJ was bad or should have been offsetting, the fact is that in that spot, as a veteran on the team, he can't head butt the guy. Dumb call.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Orton cost us this game.

I think it was the whole first half that cost us the game. Don't forget 5 scores and no punts for the Chargers.

2nd half was and especially the 4th quarter was a dream.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 09:15 PM
I think it was the whole first half that cost us the game. Don't forget 5 scores and no punts for the Chargers.

2nd half was and especially the 4th quarter was a dream.

Let's be fair now. Three of those scores were field goals (often starting with good field position) and one only happened because the offense hosed the defense at the end of the half.

It wasn't a dominant performance but compared to the past few years I think we'll all take it.

cutthemdown
10-09-2011, 09:15 PM
The call against DJ was horrible. Any decent ref see's it bang bang, either throws offsetting or doesn't call it. Late in a game, what a ****ing p***Y call. You people are being way to easy on the ref.

cutthemdown
10-09-2011, 09:17 PM
The fact we had 5 penalties and Chargers had 0 is utter BS.

TheDave
10-09-2011, 09:20 PM
<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv3kmJQJxOU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sv3kmJQJxOU&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

I caught that on the replay... As much as I poke at the kid and his aim issues. He came real darn close to pulling this one off.

The ball on the 1 with one play left... I don't see any way in the world he doesn't score.

boltaneer
10-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I agree. And there.was absolutely pass interference. They pushed him out of the endzone.

Tebow was out of the pocket. No PI.

Mogulseeker
10-09-2011, 09:41 PM
They did. No excuse though.

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 09:44 PM

I'm not sure that I'm following your logic. The QB being out of the pocket does not allow the defenders to hit the receivers down the field or when the ball is in the air.

Actually I thought it should have been an illegal contact call, and not PI. It looked like the contact happened before the ball was thrown. But there is no way that a defender can shove a receiver like that more than five yards down the field. It's against the rules.

boltaneer
10-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I'm not sure that I'm following your logic. The QB being out of the pocket does not allow the defenders to hit the receivers down the field or when the ball is in the air.

Actually I thought it should have been an illegal contact call, and not PI. It looked like the contact happened before the ball was thrown. But there is no way that a defender can shove a receiver like that more than five yards down the field. It's against the rules.

Is it? It happens all the time when the QB is out of the pocket.

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 09:51 PM

That's for Illegal contact, not PI. PI happens when the ball is in flight. The push out of bounds was when the ball was in flight.

cabronco
10-09-2011, 09:52 PM

It doesnt matter that he's out of the pocket, the rules still apply. If the ball gets tipped than its not PI or illegal contact.

tnedator
10-09-2011, 09:55 PM

I'm not sure why a couple people have said this. I am not aware of this being an exclusion, so I looked. The NFL describes it as I understood it and that's the only two things that make a play PI is is that the pass has been touched or the ball is uncatchable by the receiver being interfered with. In the second case, if the act would have been PI, but the ball was uncatchable, then it should be called as holding.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference

maven
10-09-2011, 10:01 PM
The call against DJ was horrible. Any decent ref see's it bang bang, either throws offsetting or doesn't call it. Late in a game, what a ****ing p***Y call. You people are being way to easy on the ref.

It was bad. There's absolutely no reason to throw the flag there. None. Separate the players and let them play at a crucial time in the game.

boltaneer
10-09-2011, 10:03 PM
Actually, let me correct myself. There's no illegal contact once the quarterback leaves the pocket but PI can still be called. But how many times have you seen it called on a hail mary?

It's just one of those things that never get called.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2011, 10:28 PM
Actually, let me correct myself. There's no illegal contact once the quarterback leaves the pocket but PI can still be called. But how many times have you seen it called on a hail mary?

I didnt see the play until I came here but shoving a receiver out of the back of the endzone has got to be called. That is blantant and in view of everyone.... or at least it should have with the back judge.

ZachKC
10-09-2011, 10:30 PM
There was some pretty bad interference on the last play. That is one of those tough things. No ref wants to make that call to basically decide a game.

That head butt by DJ was stupid as hell...I have no qualms with that.

However, I can't remember who did it but the roughing call? I didn't think he drove him into the ground at all.

That is one of those tough tough games as a fan when **** like that happens.

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 10:31 PM

Wait, I've never heard anything like that, and it really doesn't make any sense. So the QB rolls out, so now the DBs can start bumping the WRs more than five yards down field? I've never heard or seen that, and I don't get the logic behind it.

If the QB rolls out of the pocket, the DBs still can't bump the receivers down field.

The play in question should have been called illegal contact. The DB put both hands on the WR and shoved him out of bounds.

As for a PI called on a Hail Marry, it happened a while back, in a game involving the Bills. The DB made no attempt at the ball and knocked the receiver out of the way. PI was called and the game was extended by a play.

Doggcow
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
I blame Shanahan for not drafting Ed Reed over Ashley Lelie.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM

It gets called all the time. Even on hail mary passes you have to play the ball, not the receiver. And you still can't hit a guy while the ball is in the air.

maven
10-09-2011, 10:33 PM

What? It was blatant PI. Flag should have been thrown.

Now the personal foul call should never be called in a crucial stage of the game. Just separate them and move onto the next play.

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Well I stand corrected.

"If the quarterback is out of the pocket or if the ball is
already in the air to another receiver, illegal contact will not be called."

I don't really understand why that is the rule. If the QB is out of the pocket, but still behind the line of scrimmage, it seems logical that the illegal contact rules should still apply.

strafen
10-09-2011, 10:44 PM
What do you think? I think yes.If they called that penalty on DJ, they should've called the illegal contact on the SD defender covering Willis. That would've given us a 1st down and in field goal range...

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 10:46 PM
Well I stand corrected.

I don't really understand why that is the rule. If the QB is out of the pocket, but still behind the line of scrimmage, it seems logical that the illegal contact rules should still apply.

I would imagine that it's meant to prevent cheap penalties during scramble drills when things get sloppy and receivers are running every which way. Defensive holding and pass interference still apply though.

Houshyamama
10-09-2011, 11:26 PM

I live in San Diego. Sorry to let you in on a secret, San Diego fans are ******s.

Borks147
10-10-2011, 12:20 AM
I blame Griese.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 12:20 AM
It gets called all the time. Even on hail mary passes you have to play the ball, not the receiver. And you still can't hit a guy while the ball is in the air.

It gets called all the time on a hail mary?

Please give me some examples.

BTW, I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called. I'm just saying that it never does (and you see some blatant PI on a lot of hail marys) so at least that's one thing the refs are consistent about, because they sure aren't consistent about most types of calls.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Well I stand corrected.

Circumstances change once the QB leaves the pocket. No more intentional grounding and the QB will often run at that point and receivers will start blocking so it's pretty much fair game at that point for defenders and receivers to lay each other out (legally of course).

It's hard to see from the angles TV give us but you can often see defenders leveling receivers once the QB leaves the pocket when they show replays from different angles.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:32 AM

BTW, I'm not saying it shouldn't have been called. I'm just saying that it never does (and you see some blatant PI on a lot of hail marys) so at least that's one thing the refs are consistent about, because they sure aren't consistent about most types of calls.

By "all the time" I mean it often gets called when it happens. There aren't very many hail mary passes in general, and I'm certainly not going to spend hours searching for examples of PI calls on them. It happens. End of story.

They might be a bit more tolerant of contact, but outright grabbing, tackling, or forcibly pushing a player during a hail mary is still going to usually draw a flag.

cutthemdown
10-10-2011, 01:20 AM

Except on us last yr in the Jets game lol. 5 flags on us 0 on chargers. Then you call a 15 yrder on dj when it really wasn't very bad and Charger player shoved first. Just BS but its all good Chargers are better then Broncos right now. Still you almost got Tebowed and at some point Chargers will probably lose in the playoffs again. There offense just not as good as it used to be with gates and the defense without Castillo is worst on the run then I can remember recently from Chargers.

IMO it's just another yr where chargers don't win anything.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 01:22 AM

This should be obvious to everyone.

cutthemdown
10-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Well I stand corrected.

all that means is once the ball is thrown any contact on WR is pass interference right? Illegal contact is usually a 5 yrder i thought. Ball in the air its a spot foul where foul occurred.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Still you almost got Tebowed and at some point Chargers will probably lose in the playoffs again. There offense just not as good as it used to be with gates and the defense without Castillo is worst on the run then I can remember recently from Chargers.

Heh heh.

I'm not really impressed with the Chargers so far but they're always slow starters and the difference this year is that they're winning games that they normally would lose early on. I don't have high expectations for this team in the end but we'll see. This team may surprise people like the 2007 team did and no one gave them a chance to do anything in the playoffs.

But, I don't like our new DC so far. He doesn't seem to be playing to the strengths of the defense, with the passive and conservative play calling. The front seven, in turn is very weak and they just cant seem to generate a pass rush without blitzing, which is why I don't understand the passive playcalling.

Bottom line though is that I don't think the defense is that talented outside of a few spots.

Offense is in transition without Gates. They're now turning into more of a run oriented, ball control offense with the emergence of Mathews (which I actually think is a good thing, since the defense is weak). I think after the bye week and getting some more guys healthy, the offense will slowly start clicking more and get fine tuned to the new direction.

Re: the Chargers almost getting Tebowed. I like Tebow the person, not the football player though. I know fans despite Orton but I think they're going to be disappointed in the final outcome with Tebow. He can come off the bench and give a spark like he did today but ultimately, you have to make plays with your arm and he couldn't complete a pass beyond the line of scrimmage until prevent time in the last drive.

But he's fun to watch since he extends plays, scrambles and will run and bowl people over on occasion. I'll agree with people here about that. But I'm not worried about him now or in the future, unless he can show incredible improvement in the passing department.

I'm much more concerned with how physical the Raiders can dominate on both sides of the ball. That's something they've concentrated on for the past couple of years as they've built that team. I don't think the Chargers can match up very well with them at all.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 07:06 AM

Watch #20 for the Bills push the Patriots WR before the ball gets there. It was clearly PI, and fans went nuts saying that it shouldn't have been called because it was a Hail Mary. Sorry, but the rules still apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2va2GRAz4

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Circumstances change once the QB leaves the pocket. No more intentional grounding and the QB will often run at that point and receivers will start blocking so it's pretty much fair game at that point for defenders and receivers to lay each other out (legally of course).

It's hard to see from the angles TV give us but you can often see defenders leveling receivers once the QB leaves the pocket when they show replays from different angles.

That still doesn't make much sense. The QB rolls out, still looking down field to pass the ball, but now the DBs can just start pushing the WRs around so they can't get open? That still doesn't make sense. And that's what happened on that final play.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 07:12 AM
all that means is once the ball is thrown any contact on WR is pass interference right? Illegal contact is usually a 5 yrder i thought. Ball in the air its a spot foul where foul occurred.

On the final play t looked like the contact was made before the ball was in the air. There really isn't a replay that shows it. If that was the case, then it wouldn't be PI, but illegal contact. If the rule is that there is no illegal contact calls when the QB is out of the pocket, which makes no sense, then no flag should have been thrown.

Vine
10-10-2011, 07:26 AM

So you are saying that if a qb is out of the pocket, then there is no such thing as PI, and defenders would be allowed to tackle receivers while the ball is in flight?

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 09:53 AM
So you are saying that if a qb is out of the pocket, then there is no such thing as PI, and defenders would be allowed to tackle receivers while the ball is in flight?

No, if you read my later post, I corrected myself. There can still be PI but no illegal contact. You see refs call off flags sometimes saying, "there was no illegal contact on the play. The quarterback was out of the pocket."

I think given that the play was the last play of the game hail mary, the refs allow for more pushing and shoving and they let it go. I can definitely see why Bronco fans would want a penalty called there but given the circumstances, I think you'll almost never see it called there.

BowlenBall
10-10-2011, 10:10 AM
I blame Griese.

I blame Griese's dog.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 10:49 AM

On the final play it looked like the contact was made before the ball was in the air. There really isn't a replay that shows it. If that was the case, then it wouldn't be PI, but illegal contact. If the rule is that there is no illegal contact calls when the QB is out of the pocket, which makes no sense, then no flag should have been thrown.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 10:54 AM
No, if you read my later post, I corrected myself. There can still be PI but no illegal contact. You see refs call off flags sometimes saying, "there was no illegal contact on the play. The quarterback was out of the pocket."

I think given that the play was the last play of the game hail mary, the refs allow for more pushing and shoving and they let it go. I can definitely see why Bronco fans would want a penalty called there but given the circumstances, I think you'll almost never see it called there.

I provided a video of the Bills game that I mentioned where there was a PI call on a Hail Mary pass. So it does happen.

Do the refs give a little more leeway on those types of plays? Sure. But should a ref allow a defender, who is not playing the ball at all, shove a receiver out of the way? Hell no. That should be called every time.

Back to the no illegal contact call when the QB is out of the pocket. I still haven't heard a logical reason for that. It allows a defender to do what the Chargers' defender did. If there is a loophole in the rule that allows that, then they need to go fix that rule right now.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 11:06 AM
Back to the no illegal contact call when the QB is out of the pocket. I still haven't heard a logical reason for that. It allows a defender to do what the Chargers' defender did. If there is a loophole in the rule that allows that, then they need to go fix that rule right now.

I don't know the explanation for that rule either but my guess is that, like I said above, circumstances change when the QB leaves the pocket. He can become a runner and receivers can start blocking so I would guess contact can be initiated in both directions.

Quoydogs
10-10-2011, 11:07 AM
I did have a question, not to say it would make or break the game but on the last play the defender clearly pushed I think it was Willis out of bounds and then the ball was throw right to him. Is that not passing interference.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 11:11 AM
Watch #20 for the Bills push the Patriots WR before the ball gets there. It was clearly PI, and fans went nuts saying that it shouldn't have been called because it was a Hail Mary. Sorry, but the rules still apply.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As2va2GRAz4

Wow, that was a terrible call.

BTW, that's really digging into the archives for a PI hail mary call. ;) Wade looks young there!

Dedhed
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Orton cost us this game.

This. Although from one perspective he gave us our only chance to win by playing so poorly.

If he had made a single play in the first half, Fox may have stuck with him, and it would have been a 34-17 affair.

playing so poorly got Tebow in the game. So, in a strangely ironic way, Orton both cost us this game and gave us a chance to win.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't know the explanation for that rule either but my guess is that, like I said above, circumstances change when the QB leaves the pocket. He can become a runner and receivers can start blocking so I would guess contact can be initiated in both directions.

The reason that you used there doesn't make much sense, and I think there was another guess in this thread on why the play is called like that, and it didn't make much sense either.

If the quarterback is out of the pocket he is still a passer. So no helmet to helmet hits. If the O linemen go down field and he passes the ball it's a penalty, so that rule still applies. So why would the change it for DBs? That doesn't make sense.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Wow, that was a terrible call.

BTW, that's really digging into the archives for a PI hail mary call. ;) Wade looks young there!

That was the right call. The DB didn't play the ball at all, he looked dead at the WR who was about to catch the ball, and he shoved him out of the way. How is that not a PI? That's the definition of a PI. If they don't call that, then they should just get rid of the rule.

And yes, that is digging into the archives. I watched that game live and remember all the complaining. Very lame arguments about not calling a PI on a Hail Mary.

You asked for an example, so there you go. So feel free to adjust your argument accordingly.

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
BTW, a good point is being brought up by several media outlets today.

On Lloyd's crazy catch, the refs called for the review with :16 seconds left because the clock ran a couple of seconds after the catch.

But for some inexplicable reason, they put :03 extra seconds back on the clock after the review.

If they upheld the ruling of an incomplete pass, then I could understand putting the time back on, but it shouldn't have been put back on since it was a completed pass.

Those :03 seconds proved to be pretty important in regards to Denver being able to even run a hail mary.

The Broncos were lucky to even have a chance for a hail mary. They didn't make it and next time Tebow will play the whole game, if that even matters. So get over it.

I normally like to debate but this thread is turning into too much of a whinefest.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
BTW, a good point is being brought up by several media outlets today.

On Lloyd's crazy catch, the refs called for the review with :16 seconds left because the clock ran a couple of seconds after the catch.

But for some inexplicable reason, they put :03 extra seconds back on the clock after the review.

If they upheld the ruling of an incomplete pass, then I could understand putting the time back on, but it shouldn't have been put back on since it was a completed pass.

Those :03 seconds proved to be pretty important in regards to Denver being able to even run a hail mary.

The Broncos were lucky to even have a chance for a hail mary. They didn't make it and next time Tebow will play the whole game, if that even matters. So get over it.

I normally like to debate but this thread is turning into too much of a whinefest.

He went out of bounds. Why would the completion change how much time was on the clock?

boltaneer
10-10-2011, 03:16 PM
He went out of bounds. Why would the completion change how much time was on the clock?

You're right.

Anyway, I have no idea why any time was put back on the clock at all. When I rewatched it, they blew the whistle at about :17 seconds.

LRtagger
10-10-2011, 04:30 PM
You're right.

Anyway, I have no idea why any time was put back on the clock at all. When I rewatched it, they blew the whistle at about :17 seconds.

since the play was reviewed, the official probably checked the clock when Lloyd was officially out of bounds and had the clock reset to correctly represent that. It happens all the time when plays are reviewed.

~Crash~
10-10-2011, 09:28 PM
Our OC has cost us this part of the season.

~Crash~
10-10-2011, 09:30 PM
Our DC let our young FS get burned with 15 seconds left in the half... 60yards my god and you want to bitch about the refs.

bronco militia
10-10-2011, 09:33 PM
yeah, our defense didn't do many favors for Orton....not sure how this changes with Tebow

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 09:54 PM
yeah, our defense didn't do many favors for Orton....not sure how this changes with Tebow

Orton didn't do too many favors for our defense either. It goes both ways.

bronco militia
10-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Orton didn't do too many favors for our defense either. It goes both ways.

they got Tebow a fumble and then **** all over themselves to give the Bolts a 5 point lead.

they are as predictable in the clutch as Orton. Honestly, this goes back 5-6 defensive coaching staffs ago

Houshyamama
10-10-2011, 10:35 PM
they got Tebow a fumble and then **** all over themselves to give the Bolts a 5 point lead.

they are as predictable in the clutch as Orton. Honestly, this goes back 5-6 defensive coaching staffs ago

Our offense held the ball for what, 20 minutes all game? You can't expect a defense to hold for 40 minutes. If you don't get first downs consistently your defense will consistently **** the bed.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 10:41 PM

I don't disagree. Our defense sucks. It has for a while. Tebow isn't going to fix that. At most, his competitive fire will give them a little boost, but it isn't going to fix the fact that they just aren't very talented.

cutthemdown
10-10-2011, 11:48 PM
On the final play it looked like the contact was made before the ball was in the air. There really isn't a replay that shows it. If that was the case, then it wouldn't be PI, but illegal contact. If the rule is that there is no illegal contact calls when the QB is out of the pocket, which makes no sense, then no flag should have been thrown.

So once the QB leaves pocket they allow grabbing of the WR, but not while ball is in the air?

Archer81
10-10-2011, 11:51 PM
The first half is what cost Denver the game on sunday.

:Broncos: