PDA

View Full Version : Giving Dual Credit for the Near Comeback

brncs_fan
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
1. Tebow...and we will leave it at that.

2. Lost in this is the way that the Defense played in the second half. They gave up 6 points in the entire second half. They made some adjustments, got sacks, forced turnovers and got our offense back on the field to make it a game.

I know that this is going to be Timmy's day but I didn't want to leave the D out as well.

(p.s. So glad Champ is back!)

Kaylore
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I agree. The team really showed up. Ayers got a sack fumble and Miller continued his streak of a sack every game. Goodman has started to approach Nate Jones bad. But really given the circumstances, it was nice to see us make an effort and the coaching was better.

vonqkilla
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM

2. Lost in this is the way that the Defense played in the second half. They gave up 6 points in the entire second half. They made some adjustments, got sacks, forced turnovers and got our offense back on the field to make it a game.

I know that this is going to be Timmy's day but I didn't want to leave the D out as well.

Mcgahee

Kaylore
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Mcgahee

I was lukewarm on this signing. Very, very happy with his results.

Having said that. The offensive line has played very well. Their run blocking is good and their pass protection is excellent.

brncs_fan
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
Mcgahee

Dude was huge, but down the stretch we had to throw the ball. He was a big reason why the game was close enough that we almost came back to win.

fontaine
10-09-2011, 04:46 PM
Mcgahee

McGahee gets the game ball.

Best damn running back we've had since Portis.

crush17
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
If Orton could have even mustered any semblance of a drive in the end of the 2nd period, the Dolts never would have gotten the ball back with time to throw that long bomb.

Orton was effing PUTRID out there. TERRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I cannot believe how he crumbled in the best chance for him to shine. Champions make the most of those times. Orton is just a chump.

If I could, I would cut his a$$ tonight and send him packing. Pay him his effing money and kick him out of the building.

Requiem
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM

Having said that. The offensive line has played very well. Their run blocking is good and their pass protection is excellent.

I don't see why people were down on the McGahee signing. He brought a patient, power runner with vision here on a cheap contract. The only reason he wasn't starting in Baltimore is because Ray Rice is a Top 5 RB in the NFL. He was a welcomed addition to our team.

And yes, props to the OL -- and a big props to Orlando Franklin. HE MAULED.

Br0nc0Buster
10-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Im loving me some McGahee right now
Liked the signing, but did not think he had this much left

Team just played better once Tebow got in there, even Ayers was better

Looking forward to seeing Tim the rest of the year, and I am saying this cautiously because I am still scared Fox is stubborn/stupid enough to consider Orton again

Br0nc0Buster
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't see why people were down on the McGahee signing. He brought a patient, power runner with vision here on a cheap contract. The only reason he wasn't starting in Baltimore is because Ray Rice is a Top 5 RB in the NFL. He was a welcomed addition to our team.

And yes, props to the OL -- and a big props to Orlando Franklin. HE MAULED.

yeah Im liking Franklin a lot as well

Didnt really see what people were talking about with the "he cant play tackle needs to move to guard" talk
granted its still early, but so far more good than bad with him IMO

crush17
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I hope Dawk is ok, but it was good to see QC out there playing decent.

Especially in the 2nd half.

brncs_fan
10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Franklin played his best game BY FAR. He was an absolute rock today.

Popps
10-09-2011, 04:53 PM
The turning point in the game?

-Ayers big play
-Tebow hits...
-Moreno for the TD

The Josh McDaniels connection!

:)

Popps
10-09-2011, 04:54 PM
(I'm just joking before any of you clowns go insane.)

Frisian
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Ayers is starting to show that if you use him in the proper position he can be an impact player. I was very impressed by him today. The defense played great in the second half! I feel a little ridiculous for saying this, but Tebow's energy helped the defense out.

BMF Bronco
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
The D Stepped up because they knew they finally had a chance at winning, they had the fire in their bellies brought on by Tebow. It's been said everywhere he's played, he brings the fire, he's a natural winner, he motivates those around him and it was proven today. Orton was a futile effort and the D knew that too!

dsmoot
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM

You can't miss the improvement in the OL. Then why weren't we more successful on offense given the OL play. I will let you answer that. Talking to my wife during the game and she was commenting on the way Rivers was throwing the ball away when Denver brought pressure. I told her that is what gets Orton in trouble trying to something that he can't do under duress.

vonqkilla
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Chargers dline is beat up and sorry as hell, but we still dominated them.

dsmoot
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
McGahee gets the game ball.

Best damn running back we've had since Portis.

Hope he stays healthy.

IHaveALight
10-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Improve the leader, improve the team. Tebow get's the D fired up and they play better. I saw the same thing last year.

Bronx33
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I agree. The team really showed up. Ayers got a sack fumble and Miller continued his streak of a sack every game. Goodman has started to approach Nate Jones bad. But really given the circumstances, it was nice to see us make an effort and the coaching was better.

And thats bad LOL

ColoradoDarin
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Credit to the OL coaching, we've gotten better each week. I'd love to see a full offseason of work for our young linemen.

DarkHorse
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM
Loved the way this guy showed up today big time.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/2022625/92074_Broncos_McGahee_Comeback_Football.jpg

http://www.mysanantonio.com/mediaManager/?controllerName=image&action=get&id=1483486&width=628&height=471

Atwater His Ass
10-09-2011, 06:31 PM
I'd give Moreno a little credit on his TD. Absolute punishing finish to the end of his run.

Popps
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
I'd give Moreno a little credit on his TD. Absolute punishing finish to the end of his run.

Moreno should be getting 10-15 touches again... screen and swing passes, and some carries to keep WM from getting too gassed. Hopefully something like that could keep both backs healthy.

pricejj
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
If Orton could have even mustered any semblance of a drive in the end of the 2nd period, the Dolts never would have gotten the ball back with time to throw that long bomb.

Orton was effing PUTRID out there. TERRIBLE. HORRIBLE. I cannot believe how he crumbled in the best chance for him to shine. Champions make the most of those times. Orton is just a chump.

If I could, I would cut his a$$ tonight and send him packing. Pay him his effing money and kick him out of the building.

This is exactly why I have not been worried about when Tebow would become the starter (I have called after the bye game since preseason).

Orton is a choke artist. What could we expect him to do when he had 5 games to prove himself? Choke. What could we expect him to do when he had to beat SD to keep his job? Choke. Same thing he has done his entire career.

He is now a career backup...thank god that phase is over :wave:

cabronco
10-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Improve the leader, improve the team. Tebow get's the D fired up and they play better. I saw the same thing last year.

Yup the Tebow factor.

lonestar
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM

NOT SO SURE THAT CHAMP IS BACK.. it is clear tha he is not what he used to be.

Now I missed part of the game and will have to go back and look at it.. but from the plays I recalled Champ only made one play on teh ball of a WR out of 4-5 attempts to go at him..

As for teh D they did stand up when they had to

That last penalty on our guy very late in teh 4th was IMO bogus as he was just reponding to being puched.

Now it is almost always the guy that pushes/swings/head butts last is the one that gets caught but It looked to me that the ref was looking right at the play when it all happened (both sides).

That Rivers fumble I thought would get ruled a forward pass with some variation of the tuck rule being brought out..

Our DL seemed to play very well late in the game, putting pressure on Rivers like he has NEVER seen in DEN before..

Now for Tebow not a skilled passer YET. Has problems under center (something that reps will cure) but there is not doubt all 11 defenders have to come to play until the whistle blows when he is on the field..

Anyone want to bet that Orton starts the next game?

Atwater His Ass
10-09-2011, 06:49 PM
Nice to see Miller pick up another sack as well. A little concerned though that Doom hasn't gotten off the mark yet.

Lestat
10-09-2011, 06:53 PM
Tebow energized the team and the D played well in the 2nd half. but man we need another top corner opposite Champ.

Popps
10-09-2011, 06:55 PM
Nice to see Miller pick up another sack as well. A little concerned though that Doom hasn't gotten off the mark yet.

I wonder if he's healthy. Says he is, but I wonder. He was destroying in the pre-season... and hasn't looked like himself since.

lonestar
10-09-2011, 06:58 PM

IIRC Doom was part of the pressure the got Von his sack..

Doom I think is still off kilter and not all the way back..

BUT stop and think about how many sacks we got in the past decade (take out Dooms good year in 09) compared to the pressure we have gotten in yet this early season..

Night and Day comparisons ove the feeble defenses that mikey had playing since the superblows..

Hell even Jarvis moss got one in the OAK game today..

Popps
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM

I wonder if he's healthy. Says he is, but I wonder. He was destroying in the pre-season... and hasn't looked like himself since.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 08:16 PM

He has five sacks and a couple of forced fumbles in five games. Not sure what more you want from him. We haven't played team as bad as Seattle in the games that count.

Swedish Extrovert
10-09-2011, 08:36 PM
yeah Im liking Franklin a lot as well

Didnt really see what people were talking about with the "he cant play tackle needs to move to guard" talk
granted its still early, but so far more good than bad with him IMO

Frankling is a freaking stud and will start for us for a long time. Kupe is good and we got some bookend tackles.

A lot to be positive about after this game.

orange crusher
10-09-2011, 08:59 PM
He has five sacks and a couple of forced fumbles in five games. Not sure what more you want from him. We haven't played team as bad as Seattle in the games that count.

They're talking about Dumervil, not Miller.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 09:22 PM
They're talking about Dumervil, not Miller.

Yep. My mistake. Just saw Miller's name in the quote.

BroncoMan4ever
10-09-2011, 11:42 PM

i give most of the credit to Tebow. his energy and enthusiasm is infectious. we saw it last season where he came in and sparked a team in a nose dive to compete the last 3 weeks of the season.

the Defense was again looking good. killing drive in the red zone in the 1st half, limiting scoring in the 2nd half it was a good day.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:17 AM

He's been generating pressure, just not closing the deal. That's part of the life of a pass rusher. It's hard to get sacks in this league. Get back to me at the end of the season. Right now he's only played three games.

Kaylore
10-10-2011, 12:20 AM

Yeah I don't think he's 100% yet. The good news is he gets two weeks to rest up. Let's see how this team looks with Demarius, Orange Julius and a completely healthy Champ, DJ and Dumervil.