PDA

View Full Version : End of game...

Popps
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM
First off, I'd like to thank DJ for showing up. Great job there from a "veteran leader."

One question though... did the DB just shove Willis out of the back of the endzone on the final play? Maybe I'm missing something, but are DB's allowed to forcibly push WRs out of bounds? Anyone else catch this, or did I see it wrong?

Props to Tebow, holy cow that was fun. I hope this kid pans out... just so easy to root for. I've been pretty neutral on the whole QB thing, but he makes damned exciting to watch.

brncs_fan
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
First off, I'd like to thank DJ for showing up. Great job there from a "veteran leader."

One question though... did the DB just shove Willis out of the back of the endzone on the final play? Maybe I'm missing something, but are DB's allowed to forcibly push WRs out of bounds? Anyone else catch this, or did I see it wrong?

Props to Tebow, holy cow that was fun. I hope this kid pans out... just so easy to root for. I've been pretty neutral on the whole QB thing, but he makes damned exciting to watch.

DJ got a hands to the face that the ref missed, and called DJ on a BS penalty.

Yes, Willis was mugged out of the back of the endzone and no flag was thrown.

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Yep I saw that on the replay, and told my son they should have flagged him for PI since the ball was in the air at that point.

Popps
10-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Yep I saw that on the replay, and told my son they should have flagged him for PI since the ball was in the air at that point.

Yea, even if the ball wasn't in the air... they call that penalty all the time. You can't interfere with a guy's route past 5 yards, right? Willis was mugged.

I mean, we made a lot of mistakes and probably didn't deserve to win... but that was a bizarre non-call.

Rohirrim
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
The refs completely ****ed this game up. They were as bad as a Casa Bonita enchilada.

Williams
10-09-2011, 05:41 PM
I had to rewind after Drek's comment in the game thread. Yes, it was flagrant PI. Should've had one more play from the 1.

RunSilentRunDeep
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
The call of DJ was incredible BS. You have to swallow the whistle in that situation. The "defenseless receiver" call in the first half on third down was also BS.

Clearly, Willis was fouled but the refs never call anything on the final play.

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Ref make the call, we get the ball on the 1, Tebow runs it in for the win.

Everyone is against Tebow I tell ya. Hell it hurt them to over turn the catch by Lloyed.

That One Guy
10-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I was wondering as well. Very strange no-call.

TheReverend
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Penalty shouldve been on dielman and not dj so for once in your life try to make an effort to not be such a phaggot OR just choke on ortons dick.

Thanks bye

Frisian
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
I would not be as upset if it wasn't the fact that we for three bad calls in a row. Luckily the Lloyd catch was overturned. But the refs in the last 3 minutes were a joke. And SD had 0 penalty yards all game!

Requiem
10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Congratulations to Willis McGahee, Orlando Franklin and Tim Tebow!

Goobzilla
10-09-2011, 05:46 PM
DJ is a complete tool. Don't put yourself in that situation, you would think a former captain would realize that.

El Guapo
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM
It should have been a pass interference, but what can we do about it? Think theyre making up for hochuli?

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 05:47 PM

I'm more impressed with McGahee. He had a hell of a game, and had Tebow played from the start, probably would have had a career day.

Popps
10-09-2011, 05:48 PM
DJ got a hands to the face that the ref missed, and called DJ on a BS penalty.

Yes, Willis was mugged out of the back of the endzone and no flag was thrown.

DJ led with his helmet into the face of a defender way after the play was over.
He essentially cost us any real time Tebow might have had on the final drive, by head-butting a guy after the play was over.

He was out of position all day long, too. Or, maybe it was a coincidence that when he came back in the line-up full time, RBs started busting long runs again.

Que

Beadles was crushing it for a while there too

Popps
I'm more impressed with McGahee. He had a hell of a game, and had Tebow played from the start, probably would have had a career day.

He's getting a thread. If no one else starts it, I will soon.

SoCalBronco
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Wow...what a game.

I know Popps hates DJ, but even though it was a very poor call by the officials, I agree with him that DJ should have just walked off. It's not a penalty, but don't give the refs even a slight opening to make a horrible call, so I'll give you that Popps, fair enough. Unfortunate that they threw a flag for it, though. And not giving us something on Willis was also really terrible. Not huge fans of the refs.

Tebow...wow. It's just electricity. It's the same thing we've seen from him before. Somehow, he can throw an accurate rope 30 yards downfield, but the 5 yard flat throws and a 10 yard comebacks are a problem. But he makes stuff happen and he's magic. There's real magic there, its intangible and it makes a difference. He's got to go the rest of the way. The staff lost control of hte situation with this game. I hope they open their eyes and just accept it.

BTW, at Miami after the bye....anyone know what Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is planning for the game?

I'll give you a hint, it involves Tebow. You can't make this stuff up. :)

Popps
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
It should have been a pass interference, but what can we do about it? Think theyre making up for hochuli?

Yea, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me... re-watched it. The DB literally just grabbed him with both hands and forced him out of the back of the endzone. This appeared to happen right in front of a ref. I have no idea why this wasn't called. It wasn't a borderline call, it was blatant.

Drek
10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Yea, even if the ball wasn't in the air... they call that penalty all the time. You can't interfere with a guy's route past 5 yards, right? Willis was mugged.

I mean, we made a lot of mistakes and probably didn't deserve to win... but that was a bizarre non-call.

It was an absolutely horrible non-call.

I'm sure its tough for the refs to make since Tebow on the 1 yard line is much better than even odds to give us the winning score. But that is actually how the game should have ended.

Frisian
10-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Think theyre making up for hochuli?

I actually thought the same thing. Ha

Vegas_Bronco
10-09-2011, 05:53 PM
McGahee is pure money...always has been when he's given decent blocking. The game was a comedy of errors...even the refs were chiming in.

Bronx33
10-09-2011, 05:53 PM
The refs completely ****ed this game up. They were as bad as a Casa Bonita enchilada.

You didn't just drag casa bonita into this did you? :clown:

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 05:57 PM

It's kind of felt like that for years honestly. If there's a bad call it always seems to go against us these days.

Popps
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
It was an absolutely horrible non-call.

I'm sure its tough for the refs to make since Tebow on the 1 yard line is much better than even odds to give us the winning score. But that is actually how the game should have ended.

Yea, Drek... remember the call that went against us against the Jets at home last year? To me, this call should have been 2x easier to make, and I'm not even sure if the ball was in the air yet, so it might not have been a goal-line penalty.

Pretty inexcusable to me.

Smilin Assassin
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM
{Enter Tim Tebow}

Orton to Brady Quinn: "Watch this sh*t. See if they still chant his name." (laughs)

{TD Tebow to Knowshon}

Orton: "F*ck my life..."

enlightning
10-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Yea, just to make sure my eyes weren't deceiving me... re-watched it. The DB literally just grabbed him with both hands and forced him out of the back of the endzone. This appeared to happen right in front of a ref. I have no idea why this wasn't called. It wasn't a borderline call, it was blatant.

Tebow was out of the pocket. There is no illegal contact when QB is out of pocket.

broncogary
10-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Tebow was out of the pocket. There is no illegal contact when QB is out of pocket.

So if the ball was in the air, it would still be PI.

DB-Freak
10-09-2011, 06:20 PM

Uh What?

schaaf
10-09-2011, 06:21 PM

Hey **** you... Leave Casa Bonita out of this!

Bronx33
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM

huh? i repeat huh?

broncogary
10-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Uh What?

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d801e3eb1&template=without-video&confirm=true

• Illegal contact and defensive holding will continue to be strictly enforced. After five yards, if a receiver attempts to
evade a defender, the defender cannot make contact that impedes the receiver in any way, as long as the quarterback is
in the pocket with the football. Grabbing the jersey or any other part of a receiver’s uniform is a foul for defensive holding
and will be called. The only time defensive holding will not be called is if the ball is already in the air to another receiver.
When an official sees illegal contact, he will look to the quarterback. If the quarterback is out of the pocket or if the ball is
already in the air to another receiver, illegal contact will not be called.

Gort
10-09-2011, 06:23 PM

it was a "we're so sorry for the Ed Hochuli call Sandy Eggo fans, so we'll give your guy a mulligan on this one, ok?" non-call.

DB-Freak
10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
"The only time defensive holding will not be called is if the ball is already in the air to another receiver.
When an official sees illegal contact, he will look to the quarterback. If the quarterback is out of the pocket or if the ball is
already in the air to another receiver, illegal contact will not be called."

WTF....

broncogary
10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
"The only time defensive holding will not be called is if the ball is already in the air to another receiver.
already in the air to another receiver, illegal contact will not be called."

WTF....

But if the ball was in the air, it was still PI.

Popps
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Yea, that would make sense if he was out of the pocket and that's the rule. Must have been the call because he was just grabbed and shoved out of bounds. If he would have caught it, it wouldn't have counted anyway.

huh??
10-09-2011, 07:05 PM

Yes!! Excellent reference!