PDA

View Full Version : If Tebow started the whole game, do we win?

Kaylore
10-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Just curious what everyone thinks.

DB-Freak
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
He gives us a chance.

enjolras
10-09-2011, 04:35 PM
It's no secret I haven't been a big Tebow fan... but man that last few minutes completely changed my mind. Particularly that last drive. All of a sudden he showed the ability to sling it around, and it was amazing.

Irish Stout
10-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I am thankful that the Tebow controversy should be over, at least until our next game. I thought the last penalty on us was a pretty weak call that hurt us. I also don't understand our time out/clock management.

vonqkilla
Out of shotgun, gotta spread.

Mcgahee was phenominal!

Turd_Ferguson
I think Tebow looks like he needs a lot of work, but his athleticism makes him the clear choice to start. He has shown he is a gamer and there is NO WAY Fox can say Tebow didn't show him anything today.

maven
10-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I dunno. It didn't happen so....

broncobum6162
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Tebow continues to prove what a winner he is and the pundits and naysayers continue to doubt. As for me at this point I'm sporting one hellacious Tebowner!

Popps
Yea, I don't know... part of his success today had to be because SD had no clue what to expect. With a halftime to make adjustments, the D might have figured him out a bit more.

I have no idea, but it would have been interesting to see.

Bronx33
Ok lets put it this way lets say orton is a mouse and he has to fight a badger.

TheReverend
Hands ****ing down.

Not to mention practice reps with the 1s

Dr. Broncenstein
He probably has a better chance if given a whole game, instead of a half spotting thirteen points.

UberBroncoMan
Out of shotgun, gotta spread.

McGahee was phenominal!

That guy deserves some insane credit right now.

bronco militia
not with this defense.......

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2011, 04:40 PM
Thank god we are done with Orton.

Arkansas Bronco
I believe he would have played better then Orton but to predict the future is always uncertain.

Kaylore
I am more than a little pissed more people aren't picking "jazz hands" for an option.

55CrushEm
I think Tebow looks like he needs a lot of work, but his athleticism makes him the clear choice to start. He has shown he is a gamer and there is NO WAY Fox can say Tebow didn't show him anything today.

Seriously.....all you guys that keep saying Tebow "needs work"....well, no ****.

And guess what? SO DOES ORTON!!!!! But you never mention THAT.

WABronco
The entire team is just zombie mode when Aborton's out there. No one gives a flying ****. But Timmy gets out there with his rah rah **** that you'd think would make the team puke but it raises the energy level. My normal self would say that's total bull**** but I'm not so sure...Tebow brings the juice.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 04:41 PM
Of course we would've won. We nearly won with him coming in after the half.

Spider
Yea, I don't know... part of his success today had to be because SD had no clue what to expect. With a halftime to make adjustments, the D might have figured him out a bit more.

I have no idea, but it would have been interesting to see.

Naw I disagree pops , even the D played better when Tebow came in.......That was a different team in he second half

Gcver2ver3
theres no question we'd have won...

i know we're 1-4, but with tebow as the starter, we will make a charge....

Arkansas Bronco
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
I am more than a little pissed more people aren't picking "jazz hands" for an option.

I dont know what a Jazz Hand is unless it goes with peoples Tebowners.

TDmvp
10-09-2011, 04:42 PM
It's no secret I haven't been a big Tebow fan... but man that last few minutes completely changed my mind. Particularly that last drive. All of a sudden he showed the ability to sling it around, and it was amazing.

:thumbs: Well played Enjolras. I wasn't a Tebow fan while he was in college,and wasn't happy when we picked him , but after getting to see how he is a little the heart and passion and all that crap I wanted to see what he could do.

I know how much you wasn't sold on Tebow and way to own all that man.

Gcver2ver3
10-09-2011, 04:43 PM
i've never been this charged up after a loss...

we lost the game and i'm still excited...

TonyR
All of a sudden he showed the ability to sling it around, and it was amazing.

4/10 is "slinging it around"? I didn't get to see or hear the game today so I'm curious to know what I missed that made people come away with such positives from 4 pass completions.

Spider
Seriously.....all you guys that keep saying Tebow "needs work"....well, no ****.

yeah they both do , but that was an entire different team in the second half ....and it was Tebow that did it

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 04:44 PM
Would they win? Maybe. But we know one thing, if Orton had played the entire game they would have lost by a couple TDs. That's why Tebow should play. He gives them the best chance to win. Not the other way around.

fontaine
10-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Orton put us in a hole and Tebow got us nearly out of it.

I've been saying this all season, Tebow isn't a better pure passer but he makes the offense better because he can keep drives alive with his feet regardless of scheme, coaching, experience, he comes in built with the running option.

With two full weeks of prep/practice Tebow makes this a better team.

Spider
4/10 is "slinging it around"? I didn't get to see or hear the game today so I'm curious to know what I missed that made people come away with such positives from 4 pass completions.

Oh man , it was bad ass ... yeah only 4 completions but a near miss on across the field pass .....Strong very strong

Spider

I've been saying this all season, Tebow isn't a better pure passer but he makes the offense better because he can keep drives alive with his feet regardless of scheme, coaching, experience, he comes in built with the running option.

this ....

Broncoman13
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM
I think it took Tebow about two drives to settle down. Tebow plays that whole game I think we score 30+... but who knows, maybe SD makes some adjustments and shuts him down in the 2nd half.

Still, Tebow is so much more fun to watch than Orton.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 04:47 PM

Let's be fair here. Several of those passes were ones Orton wouldn't have even been able to get out of his hand and they were still near completions.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2011, 04:48 PM

I'd start with quadrupling the offensive point production while not turning the ball over.

Frisian

He started the half a little rusty. Under-throws and the like. But the final drive he threw to bullet strikes to give us a chance for the win. That is where the slinging it around comes from.

WABronco
Let's be fair here. Several of those passes were ones Orton wouldn't have even been able to get out of his hand and they were still near completions.

Orton would have been curled up on the ground waiting to get touched down.

Becky Hammon Fan
10-09-2011, 04:49 PM

And guess what? SO DOES ORTON!!!!! But you never mention THAT.Couldn't agree more!

GreatBronco16
Yea, I don't know... part of his success today had to be because SD had no clue what to expect.

BS. Everyone knows how Tebow plays. It's no secret. Tebow got better as the half went on, not the other way around.

Jason in LA

Tebow is not a stats guy, and he never will be, but with him in there the offense moves the ball. The offense had only produced three points with Orton in there. They got their TD off of an Int return for a TD. Tebow comes in and they get the two TDs that they needed, damn near tied it with a two point conversion, and then some how they were sitting on the Chargers 30 yard line with one play left to win it. Now of that was happening with Orton. It's like Tebow has some kind of magic. It looks bad, but next thing you know the Broncos are in the endzone.

Think back to the 1991 playoffs, when Elway drove the Broncos from their own 2 yard line with two minutes to play and no timeouts against the Houston Oilers. Elway drove them a good 85 or so yards for the winning field goal. On the drive Elway was only 3 for 10 passing. But he made big plays to win the game. That's kind of how Tebow looked today.

Broncos4tw
10-09-2011, 04:50 PM
If your QB doesn't seem to care if he wins or not, the team follows suit. If the QB does care, the team cares. If the QB like Tebow today, plays like he wants to win every time he touches the ball... it really fires up everyone. He is raw, excellent scrambler, but his sheer drive to win will make him a success. Give him a full year under the team. The front office won't regret that decision.

Archer81
I'm gonna go with yes.

Tebow forces defenses to defend the entire field. Orton does not. If anyone honestly believes Denver has the same thing happen with Orton in the 2nd half...well you will be labled "special" hencewith.

:Broncos:

GreatBronco16

Another opinion by looking at stats. /sad

Spider
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Tebow is not a stats guy, and he never will be, but with him in there the offense moves the ball. The offense had only produced three points with Orton in there. They got their TD off of an Int return for a TD. Tebow comes in and they get the two TDs that they needed, damn near tied it with a two point conversion, and then some how they were sitting on the Chargers 30 yard line with one play left to win it. Now of that was happening with Orton. It's like Tebow has some kind of magic. It looks bad, but next thing you know the Broncos are in the endzone.

Think back to the 1991 playoffs, when Elway drove the Broncos from their own 2 yard line with two minutes to play and no timeouts against the Houston Oilers. Elway drove them a good 85 or so yards for the winning field goal. On the drive Elway was only 3 for 10 passing. But he made big plays to win the game. That's kind of how Tebow looked today.^5

Broncoman13
The entire team is just zombie mode when Aborton's out there. No one gives a flying ****. But Timmy gets out there with his rah rah **** that you'd think would make the team puke but it raises the energy level. My normal self would say that's total bull**** but I'm not so sure...Tebow brings the juice.

Yeah, there is something to his rah rah ****. I think it might have something to do with him going out there and laying it out on the line and making plays.

He is inconsistent. He'll go three or four drives and look more than a little shaky, then turn around and boss a drive and follow it up with another strong one. When he gets going and is feeling "it", he is hard to stop... and that's usually in the 4th Quarter. I love just having the feeling that a comeback is possible with Tebow.

Bronx33
The mere factor that tebow can use his brain to move his feet in a fast motion makes him 10 times the qb orton can ever dream to be.

Turd_Ferguson
10-09-2011, 04:52 PM

Orton doesn't need work he needs to retire. He sucks and has had years under several coaches to get better and never has. Tebow is young and has only been coached to run a spread option offense, he has a chance to be a success Orton IS failure.

El Guapo
10-09-2011, 04:52 PM

That was the first option I chose.:egbgb:

OrangeSe7en
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I think it took Tebow about two drives to settle down. Tebow plays that whole game I think we score 30+... but who knows, maybe SD makes some adjustments and shuts him down in the 2nd half.

Still, Tebow is so much more fun to watch than Orton.

Except in week 17 last year, it was the same team and Tebow got it going in the 2nd half.

Gort
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm gonna go with yes.

Tebow forces defenses to defend the entire field. Orton does not. If anyone honestly believes Denver has the same thing happen with Orton in the 2nd half...well you will be labled "special" hencewith.

TheElusiveKyleOrton would beg to differ, but he is busy kicking his dog right now.

Broncoman13
10-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Gary Miller just asked him about the slow start, "Not really that so much as just trying to get in the flow of the game... been awhile..."

The TD run was an audible by Tebow, "Coach McCoy had a great play called but I saw an opening to the left and audibled to the run. We haven't really ran that this year so it was a great job by the OLine to make it happen... made it easy for me."

TDmvp
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
TheElusiveKyleOrton would beg to differ, but he is busy kicking his dog right now.

LOL ...

The dog is named Klye btw.

fontaine
10-09-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm just excited to see how much Tebow can develop over the year with a coaching staff/team behind him, learn the offense, be given a genuince chance and actually get all the practice reps.

It's not always going to be pretty but at least there's something to look forward, there's some hope instead of staring at a jack daniels FA QB black hole sucking the life out of this offense.

Northman
10-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Not sure if we win but damn if he isnt light years better than Orton. At least the wife and i were excited for a Bronco football game for once this year.

vonqkilla
i've never been this charged up after a loss...

we lost the game and i'm still excited...

Me too, so hyped, standing every play, cussing at chargers.

Knowshon beasted that mofo!

TonyR
Another opinion by looking at stats. /sad

That's why I clearly said in my post that I didn't see or hear the game, dipsh*t. Looking at the stats you'd be hard pressed to come away thinking that Tebow did very much. That's why I asked for an explanation.

vonqkilla
The crowd wildly cheered after the loss. Fyi

jhns
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Don't know but Tebow is better than Orton. I'm still not getting why Orton started any games this season.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 04:59 PM
Tebow is not a stats guy, and he never will be, but with him in there the offense moves the ball.

He'll never be Brady or Manning but I would really like it if he becomes our better, less rapey, version of Rothlisberger.

MacGruder
10-09-2011, 05:00 PM

I don't know that this is accurate.. Tebow might actually be a better passer.. he just doesn't look it because he doesn't know the offense as well.. isn't as experienced.. AND goes for more than Orton does. I think Orton's conservative style makes him look like a better passer than he is.. Tebow the opposite..

TheChamp24
This is what makes me wonder if he is a franchise QB. We're down 23-10, or was it 26-10 by the time he took the field?
And then he makes some plays to get us points, and then suddenly we are a 2 point conversion from tying a game we have no business winning.
I mean, just watching some of the plays makes me think why do we keep starting Orton. That 11 yard run for a 1st down, the TD run, running around for his life then heaving it down the middle of the field barely missing Eric Decker. It isn't pretty but he makes **** happen. Orton just takes a ****.

Dr. Broncenstein
That's why I clearly said in my post that I didn't see or hear the game, dipsh*t. Looking at the stats you'd be hard pressed to come away thinking that Tebow did very much. That's why I asked for an explanation.

Riiiight.

Broncoman13
10-09-2011, 05:01 PM
Vic Lombardi, "Haven't heard the stadium that loud with that much energy before. Even in a losing effort the Broncos were being cheered and fans were standing in support of them as they left the field."

I think the fans have spoken so loud that EFX has to hear it.

PS. I turned down free tix today... beyond pissed now! Actually had someone begging me to go in their place b/c they really didn't want to go. Then had another couple tell me that anytime I wanted to go they had tix. Said a friend of theirs had season tix and rarely went to the games. Anyone think Leo would share his bbq with me if I showed up with my Tebow Jersey? ;D

GreatBronco16
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM
Has anyone looked at the TOP for the game yet?

SD=40:08
DEN=19:52

Holy crap.

OrangeSe7en
10-09-2011, 05:03 PM

Then maybe you should just read the comments instead of putting your foot in your mouth.

baja
10-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Naw I disagree pops , even the D played better when Tebow came in.......That was a different team in he second half

Exactly! that is what happens when you have an "IT" under center.

Everyone plays better more energized

Hell even the popcorn is more buttery

mhgaffney
Heck -- Tebow would have won it if Fox had played him at the start of the second half.

We fell just a couple of minutes short....of winning it.

TonyR
Riiiight.

What do you disagree with, Doc? You can easily go back and read my previous post. It's still there, unedited.

snowspot66
10-09-2011, 05:05 PM

Holy crap.

And despite that our defense only gave up 29 points. Seven of which came after the offense completely hung them out to dry at the end of the first half.

This should have been a massive blowout.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Tebow is not a stats guy, and he never will be

What are you basing this off of? Tebow's stats were unreal in college (passing and running). I'm not saying he will be a great stat QB in the NFL, but four games is a bit premature to make such statements. As it is he has shown himself to be a TD machine and yard per attempt machine. To say he'll never have great stats is odd to me...

GreatBronco16

Oh please. You bike has a great backpeddle.

TheChamp24
Like I said before, we had NO business being in this game looking at the stats. We got back into it because of Tebow and that fumble.

Northman

Tebow looked raw passing no doubt. Your going to get that with a guy who hasnt had much time behind the starters and wasnt even prepped to play in this game as it was. Throw in the fact it was only his 4th game overall and i say like the first 3 that he did pretty well considering. I think at this point it should be Tebow from here on out. At least if he doesnt improve we know what to do going into next years draft. But with 2 weeks until Miami i wouldnt be surprised to see Tebow start.

TonyR
Then maybe you should just read the comments instead of putting your foot in your mouth.

How/where did I put my foot in my mouth? I asked an honest, simple question. This isn't that difficult to understand. The stats don't tell the story, clearly. I was hoping those that saw the game could provide some color.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:07 PM
This is what makes me wonder if he is a franchise QB. We're down 23-10, or was it 26-10 by the time he took the field?
And then he makes some plays to get us points, and then suddenly we are a 2 point conversion from tying a game we have no business winning.
I mean, just watching some of the plays makes me think why do we keep starting Orton. That 11 yard run for a 1st down, the TD run, running around for his life then heaving it down the middle of the field barely missing Eric Decker. It isn't pretty but he makes **** happen. Orton just takes a ****.

He seems like a big Fran Tarkenton in the making to me. I have no problem with that. Fran Tarkenton with today's rules would own face...

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 05:08 PM
At least the wife and i were excited for a Bronco football game for once this year.

As a fan, I've been kind of going through the motions while watching them play for most of the season. Like, I don't get too excited or pissed like I normally do. But then Tebow comes in the game and it's like that hyper fan came out of me and it was exciting. I was yelling at the TV. It felt like we had a chance to win. I haven't had that feeling much this year.

DrFate
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
I believe the better question - would this team have won the Raider and Titan games with Tebow?

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Like I said before, we had NO business being in this game looking at the stats. We got back into it because of Tebow and that fumble.

Turnovers and an inability to punch it in the redzone are what kept San Diego from completely blowing us out. Oh and Tebow's moxy, playmaking ability and leadership.

Bronx33
10-09-2011, 05:10 PM
As a fan, I've been kind of going through the motions while watching them play for most of the season. Like, I don't get too excited or pissed like I normally do. But then Tebow comes in the game and it's like that hyper fan came out of me and it was exciting. I was yelling at the TV. It felt like we had a chance to win. I haven't had that feeling much this year.

I was too and i haven't done that in a long time.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM
What do you disagree with, Doc? You can easily go back and read my previous post. It's still there, unedited.

If you are only going to comment off stats, why don't you start with offensive points produced and compare. Or you could watch the game and see with your own eyes that one quarterback provides spark, while the other is a gd albatross.

Gort
10-09-2011, 05:11 PM
He seems like a big Fran Tarkenton in the making to me. I have no problem with that. Fran Tarkenton with today's rules would own face...

longtime fan of Tarkenton here! ...definitely a forgotten QB outside of the Vikings fanbase, but he just found a way to get it done (except in the SB).

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM
I believe the better question - would this team have won the Raider and Titan games with Tebow?

I have a hard time believing we wouldn't have been 2-2 or 3-1 going into this game had we started Tebow from the start. We would'v still lost to Green Bay, but the rest of those losses were winnable with fiery, clutch, albeit raw QB play.

Northman
10-09-2011, 05:12 PM

EXACTLY.

Missy kept yelling down from upstairs. She had planned on going out with her friends so she was going to take a shower to get ready when Tebow started scoring. She put the shower on hold and was literally bouncing around the living room naked with the front door open. Crazy i tell you. But it was fun despite the loss.

barryr
10-09-2011, 05:13 PM
Tebow at the very least brings excitement and interest back to the Broncos. Starting Orton was boring to most fans. If you are going to lose, then you better at least be fun to watch for some reason. Lose and be boring? A deadly combo.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
longtime fan of Tarkenton here! ...definitely a forgotten QB outside of the Vikings fanbase, but he just found a way to get it done (except in the SB).

His teams weren't good enough. Pretty much the same deal Elway faced in his first three Super Bowls. I mean every one of the teams they faced were absolutely dominant as I recall.

DrFate
10-09-2011, 05:15 PM
I asked an honest, simple question.

The team was dead with Orton. Tebow came in, both sides of the ball play with more energy.

This team loses by 3 TDs if Orton plays the whole game; instead Broncos could have won on the final play of the game.

Br0nc0Buster
10-09-2011, 05:16 PM
I dont know
I do think we would of gotten blown out had Tebow not come in

Tebow gave us a chance at least

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 05:20 PM
What are you basing this off of? Tebow's stats were unreal in college (passing and running). I'm not saying he will be a great stat QB in the NFL, but four games is a bit premature to make such statements. As it is he has shown himself to be a TD machine and yard per attempt machine. To say he'll never have great stats is odd to me...

Sorry, he's just not going to be a guy that completes over 65% of his passes and makes all the right reads. What he did in college is different from what he's going to do in the NFL.

But he looks like he will be a winner. Sounds good to me!

TonyR
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Or you could watch the game and see with your own eyes...

Sigh. From my first post in the thread:

I didn't get to see or hear the game today...

Come on, Doc, you're smarter than this. My whole point is that looking at the stats you can't see what happened. Tebow's stats don't correlate to the positive fan reaction. I wanted an explanation for this since I didn't get to see it myself. There's no sinister controversy here, bro, I'm on board with Tebow palying/starting. I'm not the "bad guy" you're trying to create here. I asked a simple question.

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 05:21 PM
EXACTLY.

Missy kept yelling down from upstairs. She had planned on going out with her friends so she was going to take a shower to get ready when Tebow started scoring. She put the shower on hold and was literally bouncing around the living room naked with the front door open. Crazy i tell you. But it was fun despite the loss.

:worthless

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;D

TDmvp
10-09-2011, 05:22 PM

Hilarious!

Agamemnon
Sorry, he's just not going to be a guy that completes over 65% of his passes and makes all the right reads.

Again, how do you know this? You may be right, but honestly there's no predicting such things. Stop acting like you know the future. It's kind of obnoxious.

barryr
Sorry, he's just not going to be a guy that completes over 65% of his passes and makes all the right reads. What he did in college is different from what he's going to do in the NFL.

But he looks like he will be a winner. Sounds good to me!

Agreed, he isn't going to be a pure pocket passer. But Elway wasn't very good there either until he was in his 30's. A good OC can design an offense that can take advantage of the skills Tebow has, which not many QB's do. Not to mention the drive Tebow has to win, which only someone blind would not see how the rest of the team picks up when he is playing.

Northman
10-09-2011, 05:24 PM

Ha!

Bronx33
10-09-2011, 05:24 PM
EXACTLY.

Please tell us you have pictures :clown:

maher_tyler
10-09-2011, 05:30 PM

With Tebow playing, these next 2 weeks can't go fast enough. With Orton, they could go as slow as they want!

Gort
10-09-2011, 05:31 PM
The team was dead with Orton. Tebow came in, both sides of the ball play with more energy.

This team loses by 3 TDs if Orton plays the whole game; instead Broncos could have won on the final play of the game.

Orton had 34 passing yards today. think about that for a moment. 6 of 13 for 34 yards with 1 INT. his QB rating on the day was 21. this is beyond bad. this is awful. at home against an AFC West foe. this is unacceptable. we were headed to a blowout. Tebow at least made it interesting. i honestly think alot of guys in the locker room are ok with the switch but didn't want to say anything so long as Fox was in Orton's corner. but after today, how can anybody be in Orton's corner anymore?

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Orton had 34 passing yards today. think about that for a moment. 6 of 13 for 34 yards with 1 INT. his QB rating on the day was 21. this is beyond bad. this is awful. at home against an AFC West foe. this is unacceptable. we were headed to a blowout. Tebow at least made it interesting. i honestly think alot of guys in the locker room are ok with the switch but didn't want to say anything so long as Fox was in Orton's corner. but after today, how can anybody be in Orton's corner anymore?

Not many of those left anymore...

maven
10-09-2011, 05:35 PM

Holy crap.

That is awful. Hence, the team loss today.

DrFate
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
how can anybody be in Orton's corner anymore?

If we examine the 'best chance to win' mantra, today there was ZERO chance with Orton. Combine that with the fact that even marginal QB play wins the Raider and Titan game, and it should be pretty much settled.

Gort
10-09-2011, 05:37 PM
Not many of those left anymore...

anybody seen ElusiveKyleOrton yet this afternoon? anybody? bueller?? bueller?

i guess we're more likely to see bigfoot login tonight than for EKO to come in and eat some crow.

BTW, kyle orton's QB rating today was 21.

maher_tyler
10-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Agreed, he isn't going to be a pure pocket passer. But Elway wasn't very good there either until he was in his 30's. A good OC can design an offense that can take advantage of the skills Tebow has, which not many QB's do. Not to mention the drive Tebow has to win, which only someone blind would not see how the rest of the team picks up when he is playing.

Looked like he was working the pocket pretty well from what i saw...ran when nothing was there.

mustangtoby
10-09-2011, 05:52 PM
One other thing to think about; the final drive was 24 second to go 80 yards. Orton has never in his career made a drive to win a game in that prediciment, yet with Tebow we stood a chance. If we had another 30 seconds, we win. Momentum was on our side, Sandy Eggo was realing. Had Tebow started from day one we win in Tennesee and win the Oakland game too. I hope Fox finally got the message!

Archer81
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
One other thing to think about; the final drive was 24 second to go 80 yards. Orton has never in his career made a drive to win a game in that prediciment, yet with Tebow we stood a chance. If we had another 30 seconds, we win. Momentum was on our side, Sandy Eggo was realing. Had Tebow started from day one we win in Tennesee and win the Oakland game too. I hope Fox finally got the message!

If the refs call PI for pushing Willis out of bounds, Denver gets one untimed play from the 1...

What might have been.

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 05:56 PM
If the refs call PI for pushing Willis out of bounds, Denver gets one untimed play from the 1...

What might have been.

The refs screwed us majorly in this game...

TheChamp24
10-09-2011, 05:59 PM

Well, not to be for Orton here, but he did actually win us a game in that scenario:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iG6QEl74Z8U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agamemnon
10-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Well, not to be for Orton here, but he did actually win us a game in that scenario:

Fun with physics won us that game...

Kaylore
10-09-2011, 06:03 PM

This is so true.

gyldenlove
10-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Khan, I might have to neg rep you for not having a Griese option in this poll.

Rulon Velvet Jones
10-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Everyone picked up on the Orton-Quinn middle-school-girl-body-language on the sideline, right? Like a couple little scamps over there.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Everyone picked up on the Orton-Quinn middle-school-girl-body-language on the sideline, right? Like a couple little scamps over there.

They were discussing the subtle difference of being balls deep in fartbox, male vs female.

TheDave
10-09-2011, 06:41 PM
Do they win with Tebow... Maybe?

The question remains, will EFX have the guts to run the NFL version of Urban Meyers Spread Option. The first 2 series they didn't. They tried running a conventional (Ortons) offense and it looked terrible.

If they have the guts to run an offense that actually uses his skill set, then they have a chance to win as long as he can stay healthy. They try jamming a square peg into a round whole and it won't work. 4/10 just doesn't work unless you can supplement it with something else.

Atwater His Ass
10-09-2011, 06:41 PM
There's no way Tebow doesn't start from here on out. You can't make the switch like Fox did and not stick with Tebow. You think the hysteria was loud before? Just put Orton back in and see what happens. As the head coach, Fox needs to take charge and lead, and by making the move, it's impossible to go back without losing the entire team and fan base.

It all kind of seems like this was a build up with the bye coming and maybe was Fox's plan all along. Could be they really just wanted more time to work with Tebow, and with the lockout affecting the off-season, this was the plan. Wouldn't surprise me.

McDman
10-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Idk if we win or not but it'd had been much more exciting.

Tebow gave us a big spark and lifted the team up but if he doesn't improve his accuracy he won't be the QB of this team next year. He had some absolutely terrible throws and I think that is the biggest reason Fox was hesitant to start him in the first place.

jhns
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM

The question remains, will EFX have the guts to run the NFL version of Urban Meyers Spread Option. The first 2 series they didn't. They tried running a conventional (Ortons) offense and it looked terrible.

If they have the guts to run an offense that actually uses his skill set, then they have a chance to win as long as he can stay healthy. They try jamming a square peg into a round whole and it won't work. 4/10 just doesn't work unless you can supplement it with something else.

No practice with the ones and no offense made for him. He did very good.

Jason in LA
10-09-2011, 06:43 PM
Again, how do you know this? You may be right, but honestly there's no predicting such things. Stop acting like you know the future. It's kind of obnoxious.

Ok, you are a bit annoying in this thread. I'm praising Tebow but you're acting like I'm saying that there is something wrong about him. And a lot of people share my same point of view. Now stop raining on the parade by starting an argument when I've praised the guy.

Atwater His Ass
10-09-2011, 06:44 PM

This is also my concern. When they first put Tebow out there, it was run run pass. That in no way puts him in a position to succeed.

They absolutely need to tailor the offense to his unique skill set. Move the ball and score points. That's what Tebow can give you, wether he looks good on the stat sheet or not. Like I said before, hopefully this was all part of some plan (even if it was the primary plan) and therefore the coaching staff has something in mind already and now has a couple weeks to fully implement it.

TheDave
10-09-2011, 06:48 PM
This is also my concern. When they first put Tebow out there, it was run run pass. That in no way puts him in a position to succeed.

They absolutely need to tailor the offense to his unique skill set. Move the ball and score points. That's what Tebow can give you, wether he looks good on the stat sheet or not. Like I said before, hopefully this was all part of some plan (even if it was the primary plan) and therefore the coaching staff has something in mind already and now has a couple weeks to fully implement it.

Then the question will be, can he stay healthy long enough to really develop the offense.

IMO the kid is a 245 lb horse, but this is a brutal game to ball carriers. It is going to be very interesting to see how the coaching staff tries to ballance this out as he continues to develop as a passer.

MacGruder
10-09-2011, 07:12 PM

It's a case of trying to protect him ending up screwing him really..

MacGruder
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
Then the question will be, can he stay healthy long enough to really develop the offense.

IMO the kid is a 245 lb horse, but this is a brutal game to ball carriers. It is going to be very interesting to see how the coaching staff tries to ballance this out as he continues to develop as a passer.

People said when Tebow entered the SEC from high school he would never be able to run his style.. he did it and dominated like never before. He made it look so easy then people thought it was...

Then cam Newton did the same and they thought he was better than Tebow.. reality was Cam had Michael Dyer.. Tebow never had a between the tackles runner like that.

The thing to remember though is that Tebow doesn't have to run that much.. just enough to keep the D off balance... and vice versa.. pass enough to keep the d off balance. This is his gift as I see it.. He's perfected this in a way no one else has.

And let's face it.. being in the pocket is no safer if not less safe. Unless you fetal and throw the game away like Orton.

Kaylore
10-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Khan, I might have to neg rep you for not having a Griese option in this poll.

Fair enough.

Agamemnon
10-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Ok, you are a bit annoying in this thread. I'm praising Tebow but you're acting like I'm saying that there is something wrong about him. And a lot of people share my same point of view. Now stop raining on the parade by starting an argument when I've praised the guy.

Praise him all you want. Doesn't change that you are making an absolute statement about the future of a player that you can't possibly know. You may believe that he will never be an accurate passer or a "stats guy", and you may well be right. But you don't know that. It's no more credible than someone saying that he will lead us to a Super Bowl and win the league MVP in three years.

Kaylore
10-10-2011, 07:46 AM
Praise him all you want. Doesn't change that you are making an absolute statement about the future of a player that you can't possibly know. You may believe that he will never be an accurate passer or a "stats guy", and you may well be right. But you don't know that. It's no more credible than someone saying that he will lead us to a Super Bowl and win the league MVP in three years.

Funny. I never hear you say "we don't know that" after someone says he's awesome.

Jason in LA
10-10-2011, 08:41 AM

You can make that same point about projecting any player in any sport. But we all make projections. If we didn't make projections then we wouldn't have much to talk about. And they are just projections. Just opinions. Nobody is saying that they are facts.

BroncoBen
10-10-2011, 08:54 AM

Very true... if Tebow is named the starter from here on out.. it will be intresting to see how teams Game Plan for him.

Bronco Yoda
10-10-2011, 09:25 AM
He'll never be Brady or Manning but I would really like it if he becomes our better, less rapey, version of Rothlisberger.

I'm looking forward to seeing opposing defenses getting raped every Sunday by the might Tebowner!

Archie
10-10-2011, 10:43 AM
it's clearly impossible to say for sure.... but all signs lead to yes - we would have won. Lots of reasons, but a couple of obvious ones...

1) We would have had an even better running game. It was the only thing working in the 1st half and with Tebow that gets even better.... more sustained drives and very possibly more first half O points.

2) Two minute drill would have produced at least 1 first down and not allowed San Diego to score the easy TD at the end of the half

3) Character of the game changes and the huge 8 flag blow up that caused the refs to start calling PF on all chippyness would not have happened and so the PF on DJ at the end of the game does not get called and we have two full min to score instead of 22 seconds.