PDA

View Full Version : Hillis Drama?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 03:30 PM
Would surprise me if it was contract-related... Seemed like a pretty grounded guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/06/the-peyton-hillis-drama-is-not-going-away/

broncosteven
10-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Can we get him for Brady Quinn and a 5th round pick?

Pony Boy
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
The Madden Curse?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 03:43 PM
The Madden Curse?

Heh. Could be.

TheDave
10-06-2011, 03:47 PM
Is Pat Schurmur married?

Pontius Pirate
10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
My fantasy RB situation this year is f*cked. I have:

Hillis - curse
Ryan Grant - kidney
Daniel Thomas - hammy
Tim Hightower - Shanahan

Houshyamama
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
My fantasy RB situation this year is ****ed. I have:

Hillis - curse
Ryan Grant - kidney
Daniel Thomas - hammy
Tim Hightower - Shanahan

I have Gore on my bench, I'll trade you for a WR.

Archer81
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
If the FO wants to score points with the fanbase...they could always trade for him...

That should quiet the discontent at least until Thanksgiving.

:Broncos:

Houshyamama
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
If the FO wants to score points with the fanbase...they could always trade for him...

That should quiet the discontent at least until Thanksgiving.

I think they're more concerned with winning games. It doesn't appear, however, that it is making a difference.

Pontius Pirate
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
I have Gore on my bench, I'll trade you for a WR.

My WR's this year include Roddy, Welker, DeSean, and Lance Moore. I had Steve Smith and traded him for Hightower before the St. Louis game. And then Shanahan went all Shanahan on me and benched Hightower for Torain mid-way through the 1st quarter.

I picked up Kendall Hunter - I'm that desperate.

Archer81
10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I think they're more concerned with winning games. It doesn't appear, however, that it is making a difference.

As long as Orton is the Broncos starter, this is patently false.

Popps
10-06-2011, 03:58 PM
I can't believe it took this Hillis-obsessed board this long to catch wind of this. It's all over sports talk-radio.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
I can't believe it took this Hillis-obsessed board this long to catch wind of this. It's all over sports talk-radio.

That's... sort of what I thought. Looked on the whole front page... nothing. Nothing from the usual suspects. Search. Nada.

Ridiculous.

Ray Finkle
10-06-2011, 04:02 PM
Thank you McD???

Popps
10-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that there are whispers in the locker room that Hillis’ decision not to play was indeed influenced by a contract that currently pays him $600,000 for 2011.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/02/schefter-teammates-wonder-whether-hillis-contract-was-a-factor-last-week/

Schefter isn't known for just pulling stuff from nowhere.

Funniest quote on the matter...

I wonder why his teammates decided to raise the issue in the first place. Perhaps not all of Hillis' teammates adore his All-American Redneck glorification. Stay tuned. I sense friction--Raiders style.
http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/gut-reaction-week-4-broncos-at-packers

Hilarious!

Can't some coach just give old Peyton the rock and let him be himself?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oU6mPYFtF8E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Popps
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
That's... sort of what I thought. Looked on the whole front page... nothing. Nothing from the usual suspects. Search. Nada.

Ridiculous.

I mean, this thread is a dead lock to hit 1000 posts, maybe by tomorrow.

Any white, lumberjack-like player is guaranteed to produce 20+ page threads here.

McDman
10-06-2011, 04:04 PM
My fantasy RB situation this year is ****ed. I have:

Hillis - curse
Ryan Grant - Blows
Daniel Thomas - hammy
Tim Hightower - Shanahan

Let me fix it for you.

Houshyamama
10-06-2011, 04:08 PM
As long as Orton is the Broncos starter, this is patently false.

That was my point.

mr007
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Can we get him for Brady Quinn and a 5th round pick?

No thanks that guy ONLY made it in Shanny's system because our 3 other options were hurt and could never get on the field because he was too stupid to play for McD....

/makingfunofhalftheidiotshere

Chris
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
My WR's this year include Roddy, Welker, DeSean, and Lance Moore. I had Steve Smith and traded him for Hightower before the St. Louis game. And then Shanahan went all Shanahan on me and benched Hightower for Torain mid-way through the 1st quarter.

Roddy has sucked by his standards. I have him too. I've got AJ Green, Victor Cruz and Santana Moss though. Luckily I only have to start two WRs.

I just got lucky at RB - Lesean Mccoy (best player I have), Beanie Wells, Willis McGahee. I traded Hightower and Wayne two weeks ago to a desperate owner for Phyllis Rivers.

Just picked up the Texans D. They looked good last week.

Archer81
10-06-2011, 04:14 PM
That was my point.

Clearly. It needs to be repeated, though.

lonestar
10-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Just anther head case drafted by mikey..

thought he was a RB at 240 pounds in a scheme that called for 210 pound backs.

Never figured out that he was drafted as a FB/BB and then was beat out by a LB for his job. (head case)

Now I like the kid and thought he did a good job filling in when all teh otehrs went down..

But ASSUMED that he was going to be the starter when he returned. It was rumored he Was unable to grasp the new play book (again) and was again demoted to secoind string FB. BY the SAME position coach he ahd under mikey, Bobby Turner..

Josh comment that he did not understand why he got so few reps and since Bobby T was gone he would get a fair shot in teh spring..

Then of course the Trade came up and we never knew what he might have done in DEN afterall.

Dagmar
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpoyqfUgJn1qjgp4y.gif

NUB
10-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Wait, what is the controversial part? He had strep throat and missed a game. Are people suggesting he was faking the illness or something? I'm not sure I get it.

Requiem
10-06-2011, 04:29 PM

You must be new to Fantasy Football.

Archer81
Wait, what is the controversial part? He had strep throat and missed a game. Are people suggesting he was faking the illness or something? I'm not sure I get it.

From what I gather, some people felt Peyton could have played with strep, and only sat out because his agent is pushing for a new contract.

Seems kind of silly to me, but athletes have been known to ask for and do odd, odd things.

lonestar

since you obviously did not read the PFT

let me quote it for you and I've highlited the parts that may answer your question..Peyton Hillis‘ agent Kennard McGuire was presumably trying to cover for his client Wednesday. McGuire — Hillis’ third agent in four months — told the Associated Press that he advised Hillis not to play in Week Three when Hillis sat out with a case of strep throat. McGuire’s admission likely will have the opposite effect.

The agent’s involvement only supports the belief of some Browns teammates that Hillis’ stance was contract related.

If it’s not contract related, why does an agent have to get involved at all? Isn’t it just up to the team doctors and Hillis?

Hillis wasn’t happy with his lack of usage after last week’s game. Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain-Dealer believes the drama may only be starting.

Grossi opined on a video segment that he thinks Hillis will request a trade as the “next step” in the process. The contract talk is “not going well” according to Grossi, who says the Browns see Montario Hardesty as a runner with a higher ceiling.

So, yeah, this may get uglier.

Popps
10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Supposedly, Browns staff are wondering if it's worth signing him to a huge contract with the kind of system they run, which doesn't call for an every-down "bruiser" type back.

Personally, I think they'll re-sign him. I think this will all blow over.

But, it's pretty interesting how stuff seems to follow this guy.

strafen
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
Supposedly, Browns staff are wondering if it's worth signing him to a huge contract with the kind of system they run, which doesn't call for an every-down "bruiser" type back.

But, it's pretty interesting how stuff seems to follow this guy.Are you still trying to prove a point you've already failed miserably? Hilarious!ROFL!

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2011, 04:45 PM

they should resign him to a 3 year extension, max. this will make the fans happy. It won't make Hillis happy but his style of play just does not make for a long career.

Pay him a front loaded contract, make it a short contract, and if he doesn't like it trade him.

OBF1
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Shannahan is tearing this team apart

UberBroncoMan
10-06-2011, 05:09 PM
I'd be for getting him back for a fair price. Good for the goal line.

srphoenix
10-06-2011, 05:15 PM
Knowshon for him? Or maybe theyll take quinn back...

vancejohnson82
10-06-2011, 05:20 PM

Popps, are you trying to get the Hillis crowd in here?

Seems like you are baiting a bit...haha

LRtagger
10-06-2011, 05:34 PM
[
[I] I wonder why his teammates decided to raise the issue in the first place. Perhaps not all of Hillis' teammates adore his All-American Redneck glorification.

They are all pissed because Hillis hit on their wives

Popps
10-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Popps, are you trying to get the Hillis crowd in here?

Seems like you are baiting a bit...haha

Hey, I have to play along with the myth that I hate the guy, right?

Stick around... some panties will be getting wadded on this thread.

:wave:

Victor
10-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Hillis quit on his team.

DarkHorse
10-06-2011, 05:41 PM
Knowshon + Mays for Hillis - make it happen EFX.

While we're at it:

Pocket Sloth for 2 tickets to the Rock n Roll HOF - DO IT!

Popps
10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
"Hillis upset with playcalling"

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2011/10/02/sports/doc4e893410d8ddc756176034.txt

Gall, dangit... ask the coach!

Popps
10-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I'm feeling the atmosphere is right to see if Cleveland is ready to reverse the trade.

broncosteven
10-06-2011, 05:46 PM
"Hillis upset with playcalling"

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2011/10/02/sports/doc4e893410d8ddc756176034.txt

Gall, dangit... ask the coach!

It is only because Hillis can't tell the difference between an X and an O.

Dagmar
10-06-2011, 05:54 PM
It is only because Hillis can't tell the difference between an X and an O.

and an off limits vag with one that's open for bid'ness!

Eldorado
10-06-2011, 06:06 PM
6'2"? 250lbs? Played in the SEC?

OMG!!! This guy could revolutionize the QB position!!!

2KBack
10-06-2011, 07:13 PM
6'2"? 250lbs? Played in the SEC?

OMG!!! This guy could revolutionize the QB position!!!

LOL

bronco militia
10-06-2011, 07:17 PM
I mean, this thread is a dead lock to hit 1000 posts, maybe by tomorrow.

Any white, lumberjack-like player is guaranteed to produce 20+ page threads here.

Oh, so you're glad he's not a bronco.....

Popps
10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Oh, so you're glad he's not a bronco.....

I just said I'd be willing to part with Brady Quinn to get him back. I mean... what more do you want?

bronco militia
10-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I think you'd see the same flaccid response 12 plus months after tebow was traded or released

DBroncos4life
10-06-2011, 07:25 PM
I hate when the Rams have a bye week....

Popps
10-06-2011, 07:26 PM
I think you'd see the same flaccid response 12 plus months after tebow was traded or released

Depends how Tebow played if he went elsewhere, because the Hillis flap was about 1/1000th of the Tebow drama.

Tebow goes somewhere else and succeeds, and there will be cats sleeping with dogs in Denver.

cutthemdown
10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I was right about Hillis. I said that his numbers would be way down this yr and the Browns would look to get Hardesty involved more. I also said they won't make him on of the higher paid running back in the league. Looks like all that is coming true.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I hate when the Rams have a bye week....

LOL

DBroncos4life
10-06-2011, 07:34 PM
I was right about Hillis. I said that his numbers would be way down this yr and the Browns would look to get Hardesty involved more. I also said they won't make him on of the higher paid running back in the league. Looks like all that is coming true.

Ha ha yeah Hardesty's 27 yards per game is dragging Hillis stats WAAAAAY down.

Popps
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Ruh roh...

"Hillis to request trade?"

http://nflsoup.com/?p=15375

Cleveland Plain Dealer writer Tony Grossi reported via video that he believes Peyton Hillis will request a trade prior to the deadline on October 18th.

How can we sweeten the Brady Quinn offer?

cutthemdown
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Ha ha yeah Hardesty's 27 yards per game is dragging Hillis stats WAAAAAY down.

That and the fact they don't have weapons in the passing game. Its not the yrds or not getting the yrds, its the touches. Everytime another back gets a touch that yrds hillis cant get back.

The fact Hardesty is only getting 27 yrds a game means nothing to this argument. Still thats 27 yrds hillis cant get.

DBroncos4life
10-06-2011, 08:08 PM
That and the fact they don't have weapons in the passing game. Its not the yrds or not getting the yrds, its the touches. Everytime another back gets a touch that yrds hillis cant get back.

The fact Hardesty is only getting 27 yrds a game means nothing to this argument. Still thats 27 yrds hillis cant get.

He is getting less then 6 touches per game rushing and another whopping 2 per game in the passing game. Of Hardesty's 29 carries this season 14 of them came with Hillis being out of the game. I mean do you really think the 5 carries Hardesty is getting a game is really a problem for Hillis???

bronco militia
10-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Depends how Tebow played if he went elsewhere, because the Hillis flap was about 1/1000th of the Tebow drama.

Tebow goes somewhere else and succeeds, and there will be cats sleeping with dogs in Denver.

only if kyle orton and/or brady quinn are still here

Pontius Pirate
10-06-2011, 08:15 PM
You must be new to Fantasy Football.

Unfortunately not. I screwed up by drafting Vick first at #7. My team is basically this:

Vick/Stafford
Hillis
D. Thomas
Welker
Desean
Roddy
Greg Olsen
Crosby
Giants

If only my RB's were just a tad bit better...

bowtown
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Ruh roh...

"Hillis to request trade?"

http://nflsoup.com/?p=15375

Cleveland Plain Dealer writer Tony Grossi reported via video that he believes Peyton Hillis will request a trade prior to the deadline on October 18th.

How can we sweeten the Brady Quinn offer?

I'm surprised he even knows the number 18. Must have a good agent.

maven
10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
He's a RB, wants to get paid now, coming off a good year, his name is known and he's on the cover of Madden.

I don't blame him for wanting a big contract.

I wouldn't pay him.

strafen
10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Ha ha yeah Hardesty's 27 yards per game is dragging Hillis stats WAAAAAY down.Hilarious!ROFL!

Dagmar
10-06-2011, 09:27 PM
3 agents in 4 months? That's kinda weird.

montrose
10-06-2011, 09:41 PM
If Elway could swing a deal back for Hillis he could buy Fox another year with Orton and keep the fanbase happy LOL

strafen
10-06-2011, 09:46 PM
If Elway could swing a deal back for Hillis he could buy Fox another year with Orton and keep the fanbase happy LOLYou'd think?
Tebow-Hillis would be epic :~ohyah!:

Taco John
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
I'd trade Knowshon for the guy straight across.

/fuse lit

Taco John
10-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Not even kidding, by the way.

TheDave
10-06-2011, 10:35 PM
I'd trade Knowshon for the guy straight across.

/fuse lit

I think there are only 2 or 3 people left who might react negatively to said fuse.

strafen
10-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Not even kidding, by the way.Hell yeah. I'm all in! ^5

Popps
10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Not even kidding, by the way.

Kind of a no brainer if Knowshon can't stay on the field.

bowtown
10-07-2011, 04:19 AM

Apparently Hillis can't either. He's streptococcal prone.

strafen
10-07-2011, 06:24 AM

No matter. He's a bust. You know it. I've called it for two years almost

outdoor_miner
10-07-2011, 06:35 AM
Apparently Hillis can't either. He's streptococcal prone.

:rofl:

WolfpackGuy
10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Well, Hillis is working on a 7th rounder's contract, right?

He and McGuire want the Browns to show them the monkey.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-07-2011, 06:58 AM
You'd think?
Tebow-Hillis would be epic :~ohyah!:

Not one but TWO SEC Fullbacks in our backfield? SIGN ME UP!

jhns
10-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Not one but TWO SEC Fullbacks in our backfield? SIGN ME UP!

Will be much better than the pool boy trying to run the offense.

Dedhed
10-07-2011, 07:40 AM

Did you read the article? His team mates feel like it wasn't a case of a sore throat keeping him out, that it was more a stance on his contract.

Dedhed
10-07-2011, 07:42 AM
If Elway could swing a deal back for Hillis he could buy Fox another year with Orton and keep the fanbase happy LOL

Umm...No!

eddie mac
10-07-2011, 08:58 AM
We tried to bite on another back's $20m guaranteed this offseason but thank god he stayed where he was and got paid.

Never go back, Elway should've taken that advice too.

bowtown
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM
The guy is made of glass. You just have to lightly breathe on him and his tonsils swell up.

BroncoBen
10-07-2011, 09:32 AM

This morning on a sports talk radio show they were talking about Hillis wanting a trade. But they also talked about how he is becoming a cancer in the lockeroom for the Browns. That many players on the team dislike him. Seems he talks alot and tends to embellish or out right lie about things he talks about.

I guess he pulled the old.. 'Too sick to practice or play' on the Browns a few weeks ago all because he wants to make a point about a new contract, he is slated to make $800k for the season.

Popps
10-07-2011, 11:00 AM
This morning on a sports talk radio show they were talking about Hillis wanting a trade. But they also talked about how he is becoming a cancer in the lockeroom for the Browns. That many players on the team dislike him. Seems he talks alot and tends to embellish or out right lie about things he talks about.

I guess he pulled the old.. 'Too sick to practice or play' on the Browns a few weeks ago all because he wants to make a point about a new contract, he is slated to make $800k for the season.

People dislike him?
That's impossible. He's just a gol' dang good ole' boy who wants to do eez' gol' dang job.

I mean, he's a white lumberjack looking guy who runs into people and listens to country music. How could anyone not like him?

Look, I have no idea what's going on in that locker room and it's not our problem at this point. All I know is, this is three different coaching staffs now who seem to be having problems with the guy in some way/shape/form.

jhns
10-07-2011, 11:04 AM
People dislike him?
That's impossible. He's just a gol' dang good ole' boy who wants to do eez' gol' dang job.

I mean, he's a white lumberjack looking guy who runs into people and listens to country music. How could anyone not like him?

Look, I have no idea what's going on in that locker room and it's not our problem at this point. All I know is, this is three different coaching staffs now who seem to be having problems with the guy in some way/shape/form.

You just said you have no idea what is going on, just before claiming to know what is going on.

Intelligent...

strafen
10-07-2011, 11:19 AM
People dislike him?

:rofl: You're better off keeping your mouth shut. Nothing that you say now could ever erase the epic failures already well-documented about your take on Moreno and Hillis.
Let me know if you want me to pull those written statements by you back up for everybody to have a laugh on you... :thumbsup:

NUB
10-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Did you read the article? His team mates feel like it wasn't a case of a sore throat keeping him out, that it was more a stance on his contract.

Yeah I read it and I think that stance is grade A-bull****. No player should be out there with strep, much less a running-back. Players look to protect their careers and livelihoods all the time, but now that Hillis is doing it there is a big stink? I like how players legitimately hold out for no health reasons at all -- DJax, Chris Johnson -- and nobody says a word, but now? Yeah, BS.

And he's right to complain about some of the playcalling. They keep putting Hardesty out there for passing plays and Hardesty has hands of stone. Hillis? Hillis statistically has some of the best receiving stats of any running-back in the entire NFL. He rarely drops a pass. Not to mention Hardesty is a bust that can't stay healthy.

If Hillis goes and holds out or demands a trade, yeah, that would be controversy. Hypocrisy concerning a player protecting himself? No. Observations that the Browns are a terrible franchise that does not know what talent is or what to do with it? No.

broncocalijohn
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Because Knowshow has given us that "best chance to win" situation.

ColoradoDarin
10-07-2011, 11:51 AM
I was wondering how white LenDale White was doing this year....

broncocalijohn
10-07-2011, 11:52 AM
:rofl: You're better off keeping your mouth shut. Nothing that you say now could ever erase the epic failures already well-documented about your take on Moreno and Hillis.
Let me know if you want me to pull those written statements by you back up for everybody to have a laugh on you... :thumbsup:

Poops never learns. The writing is all over the wall for him in the Hillis thread starting with page 1 and ending at what? Page 224?

Popps
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM
Poops never learns. The writing is all over the wall for him in the Hillis thread starting with page 1 and ending at what? Page 224?

You must be fun at parties, dude.

No fun for you, huh? All business. You're going to win the internet or die trying.

God speed!

jhns
10-07-2011, 12:42 PM
That is a pretty strange deflection that doesn't make much sense.

Popps
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
The guy is made of glass. You just have to lightly breathe on him and his tonsils swell up.

He hasn't made it through a season, but either has our "starter." I have a feeling we'll address RB in the draft this coming year.

Or, maybe we sign the lumberjack to a contract and the all-white backfield becomes a reality!

bendog
10-07-2011, 12:48 PM
I was wondering how white LenDale White was doing this year....

Eating hamburgers and chips and drinking beer. This is what LenDale looks like today

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/229/458858063_06a722fda7.jpg

Requiem
10-07-2011, 12:53 PM
You mean Hillis tapped out? Darn.

vancejohnson82
10-07-2011, 01:45 PM
YES!!!! The Hillis Gang is BACK!!!!

In full effect

broncocalijohn
10-07-2011, 01:46 PM
GYou must be fun at parties, dude.

No fun for you, huh? All business. You're going to win the internet or die trying.

God speed!

Remember the neighbor, in ghostbusters, throwing the party for his clients and then looking for Gozar? Th iat is you and if I am stuck at that party, we are making fun at you. Popps, joke is on you not me.

vancejohnson82
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
G

Remember the neighbor, in ghostbusters, throwing the party for his clients and then looking for Gozar? Th iat is you and if I am stuck at that party, we are making fun at you. Popps, joke is on you not me.

I don't get this reference because my parents never let me watch "Ghostbusters"

Popps
10-07-2011, 03:09 PM
G

"Making fun at me."

Do you "neg rep" people, too? Good lord, I hope you're under the age of 12.

Popps
10-07-2011, 03:16 PM
YES!!!! The Hillis Gang is BACK!!!!

In full effect

Don't worry.

Hillis assures Browns fans he loves them...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-10-07/hillis-assures-browns-fans-about-his-loyalty-to-cleveland

“I love the fans of Cleveland … the city that gave me a chance," Hillis tweeted.

Wow, that's weird... I could have sworn Mike Shanahan drafted him and gave him his chance in the NFL. I seem to recall the fans of Denver being the first to embrace him.

So far, Hillis has not been as effective as he was last season. In three games, he has rushed 54 times for 197 yards (3.6 average) and two touchdowns.

At least he has the Madden Curse he can blame if things don't improve.

DBroncos4life
10-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Keep pumping this thread popps! 16 posts in this thread already. I will be sad to see it die off when the Rams have to play in a week. :thumbs:

strafen
10-07-2011, 04:16 PM
<TABLE class=tborder border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat colSpan=2>Who Posted? Total Posts: 100
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=thead width="100%">User Name</TD><TD class=thead>Posts</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Popps (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1043) </TD><TD class=alt1>17 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1043&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>strafen (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10462) </TD><TD class=alt2>7 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=10462&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>sirhcyennek81 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3142) </TD><TD class=alt1>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3142&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>DBroncos4life (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2541) </TD><TD class=alt2>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2541&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>TheElusiveKyleOrton (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10526) </TD><TD class=alt1>4 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=10526&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Pontius Pirate (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4535) </TD><TD class=alt2>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4535&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>broncocalijohn (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2951) </TD><TD class=alt1>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2951&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Dagmar (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3605) </TD><TD class=alt2>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3605&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>bowtown (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5876) </TD><TD class=alt1>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5876&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>jhns (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5833) </TD><TD class=alt2>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5833&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>vancejohnson82 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7740) </TD><TD class=alt1>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=7740&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>bronco militia (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=123) </TD><TD class=alt2>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=123&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Houshyamama (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6781) </TD><TD class=alt1>3 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6781&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Taco John (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1) </TD><TD class=alt2>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Dedhed (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6227) </TD><TD class=alt1>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6227&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>lonestar (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=9686) </TD><TD class=alt2>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=9686&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>broncosteven (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3507) </TD><TD class=alt1>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3507&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>NUB (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8241) </TD><TD class=alt2>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8241&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>TheDave (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2341) </TD><TD class=alt1>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2341&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>cutthemdown (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5338) </TD><TD class=alt2>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5338&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Requiem (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5251) </TD><TD class=alt1>2 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5251&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>montrose (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1202) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1202&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>DarkHorse (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=1086) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=1086&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Chris (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=4482) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=4482&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>outdoor_miner (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=6061) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=6061&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>srphoenix (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=9591) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=9591&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>2KBack (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2621) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2621&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>ColoradoDarin (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3965) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3965&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>McDman (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5959) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5959&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>mr007 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=9541) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=9541&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Tombstone RJ (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=846) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=846&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Eldorado (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=8533) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=8533&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>eddie mac (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=716) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=716&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Victor (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2403) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2403&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>LRtagger (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=11231) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=11231&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Dr. Broncenstein (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=219) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=219&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>BroncoBen (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3416) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3416&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>Pony Boy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=10600) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=10600&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>CBF1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2313) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2313&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>TheReverend (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3340) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3340&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>UberBroncoMan (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=7341) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=7341&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>bendog (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=54) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=54&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>Ray Finkle (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=2270) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=2270&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2>maven (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=3144) </TD><TD class=alt2>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=3144&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt1>WolfpackGuy (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/member.php?u=5013) </TD><TD class=alt1>1 (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/search.php?do=finduser&userid=5013&searchthreadid=100445)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
^ lol sounds about right

Popps
10-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I don't get this reference because my parents never let me watch "Ghostbusters"

See, and you turned out perfect!

Mile High Mojoe
10-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Popps never relents...never.

cutthemdown
10-07-2011, 05:43 PM
He is getting less then 6 touches per game rushing and another whopping 2 per game in the passing game. Of Hardesty's 29 carries this season 14 of them came with Hillis being out of the game. I mean do you really think the 5 carries Hardesty is getting a game is really a problem for Hillis???

I think those numbers go higher and higher as the yr goes on. I originally said back in the offseason I felt his number would go way down. Then I gave a few reasons. I mentioned that I felt the Browns wanted to get Hardesty at least a little involved because they won't want to pay Hillis. I said they lack weapons in the passing game and defenses will key on the run.

I went on to say his style of play almost makes it 100% he misses a game or to. Obviously strep throat more a contract thing.

Still all these things are creeping around hillis and will as the season gets further into it. His numbers won't match last yr, he wont get a huge deal from the Browns.

DBroncos4life
10-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I think those numbers go higher and higher as the yr goes on. I originally said back in the offseason I felt his number would go way down. Then I gave a few reasons. I mentioned that I felt the Browns wanted to get Hardesty at least a little involved because they won't want to pay Hillis. I said they lack weapons in the passing game and defenses will key on the run.

I went on to say his style of play almost makes it 100% he misses a game or to. Obviously strep throat more a contract thing.

Still all these things are creeping around hillis and will as the season gets further into it. His numbers won't match last yr, he wont get a huge deal from the Browns.

I don't know what to tell you other then last year he averaged just under 21 touches (rushing and rec) and this year he is getting 23 touches. His numbers are not going WAAAAY down. Pretty much on par what they were from last year.

ColoradoDarin
10-07-2011, 06:44 PM
Eating hamburgers and chips and drinking beer. This is what LenDale looks like today

No, not LenDale White, but white LenDale (aka, the opposite of black Hillis....)

lonestar
10-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Popps

You just said you have no idea what is going on, just before claiming to know what is going on.

Intelligent...

He was not played by two different regimes here in DEN for some reason or the other now another coaching staff is not giving him reps..

It does not take a brain surgeon to figure this out..

Or do I need to spell it out in plainer language..

Does anyone take you seriuosly?

broncocalijohn
10-07-2011, 10:04 PM
^ Yes, McDaniels shipped him out for a 3rd string QB and also gave a 5th round draft pick. We gave, in return, a running back who would have worked out great for us with Moreno or to replace him when he was injured. That guy then goes 1k yards and gets a ton of TDs.... exactly what we were missing in the red zone.

What part of brain surgery is this considered a great move by McDaniels/Broncos?

It really sucks to keep harping on him but idiotic remarks has to be responded. Yes he is gone but we still suffer. What good is Moreno even as a receiving back when he is losing vs. the stationary bike?

Maybe Hillis and Tebow have something in common: Both seemed to do well when given the chance but are now wondering why they are put on the back burner. Maybe Hillis was posing all Spring for the Madden 12 cover.

jhns
10-07-2011, 10:46 PM
He was not played by two different regimes here in DEN for some reason or the other now another coaching staff is not giving him reps..

It does not take a brain surgeon to figure this out..

Or do I need to spell it out in plainer language..

Does anyone take you seriuosly?

What does your post have to do with what you quoted?

cutthemdown
10-08-2011, 02:11 AM
I don't know what to tell you other then last year he averaged just under 21 touches (rushing and rec) and this year he is getting 23 touches. His numbers are not going WAAAAY down. Pretty much on par what they were from last year.

He's getting touches the IMO will go down, but his production already way down. Over a yard less per rush and per reception. And IMO it won't get a lot better for all the reason I said. Not saying hes not still a big part of it, just saying I was right that his season would not be as good. My prediction is it gets worst.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-08-2011, 04:08 AM
Nothing else to talk about on the McWidow forum?

TheReverend
10-08-2011, 06:50 AM
Nothing else to talk about on the McWidow forum?

You didn't think it was coincidence that Popps starts posting here again while the Rams are on their bye week, did you?

Dr. Broncenstein
10-08-2011, 07:07 AM
You didn't think it was coincidence that Popps starts posting here again while the Rams are on their bye week, did you?

It was my conclusion when the only two people who post there are trolling a Hillis thread on the mane.

Gutless Drunk
10-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Putting the Peyton Hillis strep throat controversy to bed

Fueled by a report from last Sunday by ESPN’s Adam Schefter the some Browns players believe that running back Peyton Hillis‘ decision to sit out of the Week Three game against the Dolphins due to strep throat was driven by his contract status and exacerbated by his agent’s admission that he advised Hillis not to play, the question of whether Hillis staged a non-holdout holdout has become a hot topic in Cleveland.

And, as we’re learning via our network of sources, it shouldn’t be.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a meeting between Hillis’ agent and the team occurred the day after the Miami game. And while progress still need to be made (not so much as to amount but as to structure and guarantee), there was no reason for Hillis to make any type of statement by shying away from playing.

Confirming this mindset on Friday was receiver Josh Cribbs, who said that the players aren’t questioning Hillis in any way.

So even though it became a big story (especially in Cleveland), it’s apparently a non-story. Indeed, if the Browns had any reason to believe that Hillis didn’t play because of his contract, would team president Mike Holmgren agree to continue to have discussions on a long-term deal, at least until Hillis regains the franchise’s trust? We don’t think so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/08/putting-the-peyton-hillis-strep-throat-controversy-to-bed/

Popps
10-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Putting the Peyton Hillis strep throat controversy to bed

Fueled by a report from last Sunday by ESPN’s Adam Schefter the some Browns players believe that running back Peyton Hillis‘ decision to sit out of the Week Three game against the Dolphins due to strep throat was driven by his contract status and exacerbated by his agent’s admission that he advised Hillis not to play, the question of whether Hillis staged a non-holdout holdout has become a hot topic in Cleveland.

And, as we’re learning via our network of sources, it shouldn’t be.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a meeting between Hillis’ agent and the team occurred the day after the Miami game. And while progress still need to be made (not so much as to amount but as to structure and guarantee), there was no reason for Hillis to make any type of statement by shying away from playing.

Confirming this mindset on Friday was receiver Josh Cribbs, who said that the players aren’t questioning Hillis in any way.

So even though it became a big story (especially in Cleveland), it’s apparently a non-story. Indeed, if the Browns had any reason to believe that Hillis didn’t play because of his contract, would team president Mike Holmgren agree to continue to have discussions on a long-term deal, at least until Hillis regains the franchise’s trust? We don’t think so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/08/putting-the-peyton-hillis-strep-throat-controversy-to-bed/

I highly, highly doubt him not playing was contract-related. I find that almost impossible to believe. I do wonder why some of his teammates doubted him, though. That part doesn't quite add up... as much hasn't added up surrounding his NFL career so far.

But, I mean... McGahee is outperforming him at this stage of the year. So, I guess a lot of the ex-Broncos, now Browns fans posting on this thread just have to hope that turns around, eh? ;)

CEH
10-08-2011, 10:42 AM

I thought Josh was going to go on and do great things. What are the Rams 0-4. 11.5 ppg. Watch out for Josh. He will dominate as an OC

Popps
10-08-2011, 11:49 AM
I thought Josh was going to go on and do great things. What are the Rams 0-4. 11.5 ppg. Watch out for Josh. He will dominate as an OC

You guys talk about our ex-coach an awful lot. Maybe you could segregate that obsession over to the "90% of us approve of Josh McDaniels after his 2nd draft" poll and keep this thread clear? I won't go into names... I mean, we all know how people voted. :)

TheDave
10-08-2011, 11:51 AM

FWIW... it's not the first time a HOF QB has made an offense look better than it really is.

Popps
10-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Like it or not Josh will always be linked to Hillis. One of the biggest mistakes made by Josh.

"Like it or not?"

Honestly, who cares at this point... outside of having some fun jabbing each other about it here.

Hillis is just one of 100 ****-ups this team has made over the last decade. Letting him go sucks, but it's no worse than drafting Leslie Lelie or George Foster in the first round... signing Gardener, Dale Carter instead of keeping Shannon Sharpe, etc. Hell, Hillis might not even be McDaniels worst mistake. Spygate II trumps that by a mile, in my mind.

But, if Hillis is forever linked to McDaniels... than any success of failure Tebow has should be linked to him as well, right...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y8Kyi0WNg40" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TheDave
10-08-2011, 12:13 PM
"Like it or not?"

Honestly, who cares at this point... outside of having some fun jabbing each other about it here.

Hillis is just one of 100 ****-ups this team has made over the last decade. Letting him go sucks, but it's no worse than drafting Leslie Lelie or George Foster in the first round... signing Gardener, Dale Carter instead of keeping Shannon Sharpe, etc. Hell, Hillis might not even be McDaniels worst mistake. Spygate II trumps that by a mile, in my mind.

But, if Hillis is forever linked to McDaniels... than any success of failure Tebow has should be linked to him as well, right...

now you've done it... It's like a damn bat signal

were about to be MacGudered

CEH
10-08-2011, 12:20 PM
"Like it or not?"

Exactly it was a jab/observation nothing more nothing less but the ratio of screw ups for Josh vs Shanny is tough to argue as being on the same order of magnitude.

Popps
10-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Exactly it was a jab/observation nothing more nothing less but the ratio of screw ups for Josh vs Shanny is tough to argue as being on the same order of magnitude.

Nah.

Will always hold Shanny in a fond place for what he did for us. McD was a blip on the Bronco radar.

Hopefully Fox can fight through this controversy and bring stability back to this franchise.

TheReverend
10-08-2011, 12:43 PM
"Like it or not?"

Honestly, who cares at this point...

Good question:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 120
User Name Posts
Popps 21
strafen 7
DBroncos4life 5
broncocalijohn 4
jhns 4
TheDave 4
cutthemdown 4
TheElusiveKyleOrton 4
sirhcyennek81 4

Mystery: Solved

broncocalijohn
10-08-2011, 03:56 PM
Nah.

Will always hold Shanny in a fond place for what he did for us. McD was a blip on the Bronco radar.

Hopefully Fox can fight through this controversy and bring stability back to this franchise.

McD will never be just a blip. This is a repair job of mega magnitude. He is what Leaf did to the Chargers. Hillis would have been a blip if we had a decent running back. We got rid of the zone blocking that made average guys into 1000 yard rushers.

BroncoBuff
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Remember Hillis held out briefly as a rookie. When negotiations stalled, he made a pissy comment "if they won't pay me, some team will," pretty whiny for a 7th rounder. He should still be here anyway.

That '08 draft was pretty damn good, grade it an A.

Ryan Clady
Eddie Royal
Kory Lichtensteiger
Jack Williams
Ryan Torain
Carlton Powell
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett
Peyton Hillis

tnedator
10-08-2011, 04:49 PM

It doesn't, he just tries to fit a _______ bash in every post (fill in blank with Shanahan, Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler or Hillis).

Mile High Mojoe
10-08-2011, 04:55 PM
You gotta love Popps for hanging to this issue like a tiny dog sniping at elephants toe nail. He’s backed himself in a corner so many times being on the wrong side of the Broncos personnel and Coaching choices the only thing he can do now is rehash the Hillis trade and bang on him.

It was clearly a bad move to trade him and he proved it last year. No matter how mouthy or stupid a person he is he’s done something on the field and that’s more than can be said of Moreno. So he doesn’t play one game because he’s sick or not sick or because he wants a contract extension he isn’t the first player to do that nor the last. BTW he deserves a better contract he’s earned it.

On the field if he’s healthy Hillis will make a difference whether he stays with the Browns or moves onto another team. It just amazes me how Popps get’s all butt hurt when there’s talk of the ongoing Orton/Tebow debate (Because “It’s been talked about enough.”) on the OM which is actually a relevant issue to be debated about the Broncos right now instead he’s talking about something totally irrelevant. I’m not trying to start a war with you Popps but honesty who gives a $hit about Hillis now? It’s done and over with isn’t?

So I wonder… will one of the moderators delete this post off the thread like they did the last one I posted because Popps is too sensitive to take criticism?

Popps
10-08-2011, 05:28 PM
So I wonder… will one of the moderators delete this post off the thread like they did the last one I posted because Popps is too sensitive to take criticism?

http://whatculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/heres-johnny.jpg

Mile High Mojoe
10-08-2011, 05:35 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h318/gomilehigh/EpicFail_Epic_Fails-s485x563-48812-580.jpg
Back at ya Buddy!

Popps
10-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Ex-Bronco Dave Wyman weighs in with a fun take!

"Peyton Hillis and his Scratchy Throat"

Before a Sunday night game against the Oakland Raiders back in 1989, I raced between my bed and the toilet with a 102-degree temperature and the chills from the flu. My only concern was how I was going to avoid soiling myself on the field in front of millions of people in "super-slow motion" instant replay. I played the game, of course, and never considered not playing.

In the 100 or so games that I played in throughout my career, that incident ranks near the bottom on the "adversity scale." I've played games with digits hanging on by the skin, broken toes, cracked ribs and knees that were in need of surgical repair.

"Hillis: "Yeah, football is a tough game. I almost played in a game once because I had a sore throat."

Hilarious!

Mile High Mojoe
10-08-2011, 05:38 PM

Before a Sunday night game against the Oakland Raiders back in 1989, I raced between my bed and the toilet with a 102-degree temperature and the chills from the flu. My only concern was how I was going to avoid soiling myself on the field in front of millions of people in "super-slow motion" instant replay. I played the game, of course, and never considered not playing.

In the 100 or so games that I played in throughout my career, that incident ranks near the bottom on the "adversity scale." I've played games with digits hanging on by the skin, broken toes, cracked ribs and knees that were in need of surgical repair.

"Hillis: "Yeah, football is a tough game. I almost played in a game once because I had a sore throat."

Hilarious!

LOL

And you call me crazy!!

lonestar
10-08-2011, 10:13 PM

If YOU do not see that, then there is no hope for you..

lonestar
10-08-2011, 10:20 PM
^ Yes, McDaniels shipped him out for a 3rd string QB and also gave a 5th round draft pick. We gave, in return, a running back who would have worked out great for us with Moreno or to replace him when he was injured. That guy then goes 1k yards and gets a ton of TDs.... exactly what we were missing in the red zone.

What part of brain surgery is this considered a great move by McDaniels/Broncos?

It really sucks to keep harping on him but idiotic remarks has to be responded. Yes he is gone but we still suffer. What good is Moreno even as a receiving back when he is losing vs. the stationary bike?

Maybe Hillis and Tebow have something in common: Both seemed to do well when given the chance but are now wondering why they are put on the back burner. Maybe Hillis was posing all Spring for the Madden 12 cover.

When you get rid of someone that does not want to be a team player How can that be bad..

He wanted to play ONLY RB at 240 pounds.. In TWO different schemes that featured RB that play at about 215..

Both mikey and Josh had the same RB coach Bobby Turner.. do you get that yet..

Could have been a great palyer IF the scheme is designed for him BUT NEITHER were..

SOme also said the kid was dumber than a rock..
Said he could not adjust to the different playbok each week..
some said he had his hands on the coaches wifes asses..

BTW if it was such a dumb move by Josh why did he not play until every other RB was injured for mikey?

AS for Moreno and the bike.

The seat broke it was not moreno it was the SEAT..

Talk about dumber than rocks..

lonestar
10-08-2011, 10:30 PM
McD will never be just a blip. This is a repair job of mega magnitude. He is what Leaf did to the Chargers. Hillis would have been a blip if we had a decent running back. We got rid of the zone blocking that made average guys into 1000 yard rushers.

Yeah those one hunderd yard rushing days between the twenties sure had smoke pumped up everyone skirt in DEN..

Now had they been top 5 in the red zone none of this would have ever happened.

Or if the defnese did not suck so bad year after year after year..

You have a HOF corner palying for your team and mainly he is making tackle on running plays.. Because the DL sucks so bad..

The ZBS was great early on when it was new.. but once the top quality OL retired, TD was injured, Eddie MAc was gone and John retired we sure did not do anything worth a crap in the palyoofs did we..

Only got lucky once beating an over confident NE ONCE IN TEN YEARS LOLLOLLOL

Every other playoff game we got our asses kicked NOT EVEN in any of those games..

How about that for the ZBS..

lonestar
10-08-2011, 10:37 PM
Remember Hillis held out briefly as a rookie. When negotiations stalled, he made a pissy comment "if they won't pay me, some team will," pretty whiny for a 7th rounder. He should still be here anyway.

Ryan Clady
Eddie Royal
Kory Lichtensteiger
Jack Williams
Ryan Torain
Carlton Powell
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett
Peyton Hillis

what about the drafts from 1998 to 2005

2005 - Denver Broncos
RD SEL # PLAYER POSITION SCHOOL
2 56 Darrent Williams CB Oklahoma State
3 76 Karl Paymah DB Washington State
3 97 Domonique Foxworth CB Maryland
3 101 Maurice Clarett -- Ohio State
6 200 Chris Myers G Miami (Fla.)
7 239 Paul Ernster K Northern Arizona
2004 - Denver Broncos
1 17 D.J. Williams OLB Miami (Fla.)
2 41 Tatum Bell RB Oklahoma State
2 54 Darius Watts WR Marshall
3 85 Jeremy LeSueur CB Michigan
5 152 Jeff Shoate CB San Diego State
6 171 Triandos Luke WR Alabama
6 190 Josh Sewell -- Nebraska
7 225 Matt Mauck QB Louisiana State
7 247 Brandon Miree RB Pittsburgh
7 250 Bradlee Van Pelt QB Colorado State
2003 - Denver Broncos
1 20 George Foster T Georgia
2 51 Terry Pierce LB Kansas State
4 108 Quentin Griffin RB Oklahoma
4 114 Nick Eason DT Clemson
4 128 Bryant McNeal DE Clemson
5 157 Ben Claxton C Mississippi
5 158 Adrian Madise WR Texas Christian
6 194 Aaron Hunt -- Texas Tech
7 227 Clint Mitchell DE Florida
7 235 Ahmaad Galloway RB Alabama
2002 - Denver Broncos
1 19 Ashley Lelie WR Hawaii
2 51 Clinton Portis RB Miami (Fla.)
3 96 Dorsett Davis DT Mississippi State
4 131 Sam Brandon DB Nevada-Las Vegas
5 144 Herb Haygood WR Michigan State
6 191 Jeb Putzier TE Boise State
7 228 Chris Young DB Georgia Tech
7 231 Monsanto Pope DT Virginia
2001 - Denver Broncos
1 24 Willie Middlebrooks CB Minnesota
2 51 Paul Toviessi DE Marshall
3 87 Reggie Hayward DE Iowa State
4 113 Ben Hamilton C Minnesota
4 120 Nick Harris P California
6 190 Kevin Kasper WR Iowa
2000 - Denver Broncos
1 15 Deltha O'Neal CB California
2 40 Ian Gold LB Michigan
2 45 Kenoy Kennedy SAF Arkansas
3 70 Chris Cole WR Texas A&M
4 101 Jerry Johnson DT Florida State
4 112 Cooper Carlisle G Florida
5 154 Muneer Moore WR Richmond
6 189 Mike Anderson RB Utah
7 214 Jarious Jackson QB Notre Dame
7 246 Leroy Fields -- Jackson State
1999 - Denver Broncos
1 31 Al Wilson MLB Tennessee
2 58 Montae Reagor DE Texas Tech
2 61 Lennie Friedman C Duke
3 67 Chris Watson CB Eastern Illinois
3 93 Travis McGriff WR Florida
4 127 Olandis Gary RB Georgia
5 158 David Bowens LB Western Illinois
5 167 Darwin Brown DB Texas Tech
6 179 Desmond Clark TE Wake Forest
6 204 Chad Plummer WR Cincinnati
7 218 Billy Miller WR USC
7 238 Justin Swift TE Kansas State
1998 - Denver Broncos
1 30 Marcus Nash WR Tennessee
2 61 Eric Brown SS Mississippi State
3 91 Brian Griese QB Michigan
4 122 Curtis Alexander -- Alabama
5 153 Chris Howard RB Michigan
7 200 Trey Teague T Tennessee
7 219 Nate Wayne LB Mississippi

some real keepers there huh?

you can deduct tater off that list as he was one of them ZBS wonders when he was healthy

and then perhaps the biggest waste of a DAFT choice ever as a second rounder was WATTS an one hande WR..

Nice kid but come one ONE hand to cathc balls in teh NFL..

Like trying to make Deaf MUTE a QB.. Just not going to happen

jhns
10-09-2011, 07:11 AM
If YOU do not see that, then there is no hope for you..

There is no way you passed the second grade.

Arkie
10-09-2011, 08:09 AM
People dislike him?

Anybody can run into people. He's runs over people, and drags them down the field like an ox. Maybe if he was still at Denver he could be the Blue Ox instead of the white lumberjack. Race shouldn't matter anyway.

colorado jones
10-09-2011, 08:59 AM

Hilarious!

Oh look....Popps taking over ANOTHER Hillis thread.

Congrats on being able to get an erection again man....

Popps
10-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Oh look....Popps taking over ANOTHER Hillis thread.

Congrats on being able to get an erection again man....

Hey, blame the ex-Bronco. I didn't write the article. Just trying to help out. :)

broncocalijohn
10-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Yeah those one hunderd yard rushing days between the twenties sure had smoke pumped up everyone skirt in DEN..

Now had they been top 5 in the red zone none of this would have ever happened.

Or if the defnese did not suck so bad year after year after year..

You have a HOF corner palying for your team and mainly he is making tackle on running plays.. Because the DL sucks so bad..

The ZBS was great early on when it was new.. but once the top quality OL retired, TD was injured, Eddie MAc was gone and John retired we sure did not do anything worth a crap in the palyoofs did we..

How about that for the ZBS..

Nice to see another apologist for McD on the Mane. With your two posts, regardless of "how dumb Hillis is", he proved when given a chance, to run over the competiton. That same year, most of the backs had great % per carry and combined, were one of the better running teams in the AFC. They used a ZBS btw and still a great system in 2008. McD didnt have the size to go all power on the front line but did it anyways in 2009. With many of those cut, hurt or just plain gone, we had one in the name of Hillis that was still on the team. Who gives a flying **** when he was finally put into the system. He proved he could do the job. Shanny had backs doing a good job before Hillis got his chance. McDumbass saw film and dismissed it of 2008 Hillis (and Tatum for that matter). The fact remains is he proved he belonged and did so in 2010 with the Browns. Not one person I know stated we shouldn't draft a RB in the 2009 draft or that Moreno (since he was the one drafted) was to sit and have Hillis take all the carries. We just wanted BOTH to take the load. But keep beating an already useless drum of how McD didnt do anything wrong. If our defense was so important to fix (and I do agree), why didnt we use that #1 pick on D instead of a RB? If we keep Hillis instead of trading him as one lopsided victory for the Browns, we don't have this discussion. You also fail to realize that Turner left for Washington before the season. Lonestar, go back on your McD apologist Winnebago with your Half Dog and Half Human and live out your life with your Jewish Princess on some make believe planet. You can take your counterpart for the trip. Seems you guys can talk about your flawed arguments.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2011, 10:24 AM

Ryan Clady
Eddie Royal
Kory Lichtensteiger
Jack Williams
Ryan Torain
Carlton Powell
Spencer Larsen
Josh Barrett
Peyton Hillis

How you rate those that were on Defense for that draft? Seems a D might be an order. Only Barrett (as a ST guy) being a lower draft pick and sticking makes it better than a F. Shanny had a chance to go heavy on defense and failed.

lonestar
10-09-2011, 04:55 PM
There is no way you passed the second grade.

Mrs. King begs to differ..
As does every teacher or Professor since..
not to mention every boss I have ever had..

so Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

lonestar
10-09-2011, 05:42 PM
Nice to see another apologist for McD on the Mane. With your two posts, regardless of "how dumb Hillis is", he proved when given a chance, to run over the competiton. That same year, most of the backs had great % per carry and combined, were one of the better running teams in the AFC. They used a ZBS btw and still a great system in 2008. McD didnt have the size to go all power on the front line but did it anyways in 2009. With many of those cut, hurt or just plain gone, we had one in the name of Hillis that was still on the team. Who gives a flying **** when he was finally put into the system. He proved he could do the job. Shanny had backs doing a good job before Hillis got his chance. McDumbass saw film and dismissed it of 2008 Hillis (and Tatum for that matter). The fact remains is he proved he belonged and did so in 2010 with the Browns. Not one person I know stated we shouldn't draft a RB in the 2009 draft or that Moreno (since he was the one drafted) was to sit and have Hillis take all the carries. We just wanted BOTH to take the load. But keep beating an already useless drum of how McD didnt do anything wrong. If our defense was so important to fix (and I do agree), why didnt we use that #1 pick on D instead of a RB? If we keep Hillis instead of trading him as one lopsided victory for the Browns, we don't have this discussion. You also fail to realize that Turner left for Washington before the season. Lonestar, go back on your McD apologist Winnebago with your Half Dog and Half Human and live out your life with your Jewish Princess on some make believe planet. You can take your counterpart for the trip. Seems you guys can talk about your flawed arguments.

Ok so I guess it comes back to football 101 for you..

Josh comes to town and is told by his OL and RB coach (both highly repsected in the NFL) that their guys can run the PBS..

So what does Josh do he brings in Hockstien to cover the spot he KNOW from seeing film is weak Hamliton, seeing the in ZBS he is the weak link..

After all in 08 the team is "the 2nd leading O in the NFL"..

Now he also saw the that #2 ranking was between the 20's and that just like mikey said each year they sucked in the RED Zone.

So how do you fix that ?

ZBS teams do not block well in the RED Zone that is unless you have Gibbs the creator of it coaching, a HOF OL guy anchoring it, a HOF QB running it and last but not least TD running it..

That my friend is the last time a ZBS team consistently runs in the red zone..

Let me add that is was a novelty back then, with only 3 teams that would see it more than once every 6 years is it..

The 3-4 D was our nemisis in later years being unable to run consistently against it..

SO how do you fix the red zone problems?

Do you continue to run ZBS although we already know we can't block well there. Why s that you say..

The DL knows that their back up is a few yards behind it and can cover their gaps STAY in gap control.. Since the D has way less field to defend they can play closer to the LOS and ZBS just does not work UNLESS nless you have Gibbs the creator of it coaching, a HOF OL guy anchoring it, a HOF QB running it and last but not least TD running it..

Since we do not have those parts to the puzzle anymore ZBS is or was dead..

Now or at least in 09-10 PBS was installed.

Now it became clear that Hamilton and the old man at center jsut could nto do what Dennison and Bobby t said they coudl do so they had to go and were replaced with Rookies in 10.

Probably would have done pretty well had Clady been worth a crap after his knee surgery and following that up Kuper and his Knee or ankle do not rememebr which and then there was harris with his back and toe issues again..

I suspect atht JOsh might have tired to replace his weak ass ( muslim diet?) if he thought he could have found another OT in the draft..

But then having two rookies on the OL was risky 3 would have been sucide and while YOU do not like the guy he was smart enough to know that.

I beleive he beleive he had 4 years to get the team turned around and considering the mokes he was left with he would have needed all of those t4 years for rebuilding in the draft..

He brought in enought older vets to carry the rookies until they got their exprience level up to starter satus.

Yes I know you think jaysus, bm, and ts walked on water but they are ll head cases as defined by expecting to be the highest paid at their position when they are clearly not that talented..
(I suspect mikey blew lots of smoke up their asses about raises in year three)

SO While I did not like mikey the GM I thought he did very well (between the 20's) as an OC using smoke and mirrors.. now his GM portion he sucked at that.. If you have any integrity you would have to agree with that..

lonestar
10-09-2011, 06:39 PM
How you rate those that were on Defense for that draft? Seems a D might be an order. Only Barrett (as a ST guy) being a lower draft pick and sticking makes it better than a F. Shanny had a chance to go heavy on defense and failed.

Yes DAFT wise mikey was an F only getting 4 Lbs out of the draft tath were worth a crap as for teh rest of teh D side of the DAFTS they sucked bringin in marginal second teamers or ST guys although I can say mikey just did nto seem to have any concern for ST of most of his career here..

Archer81
10-09-2011, 06:46 PM
Yes DAFT wise mikey was an F only getting 4 Lbs out of the draft tath were worth a crap as for teh rest of teh D side of the DAFTS they sucked bringin in marginal second teamers or ST guys although I can say mikey just did nto seem to have any concern for ST of most of his career here..

Hmm.

I'd suggest rereading what you type before you post. Just slow down, check it out think about if this is really what you want to say.

broncocalijohn
10-09-2011, 09:20 PM

I wonder if you take deep breaths while typing this but there is a good chance you hold your breath and let all the hot air out once you finish. Good lord this makes me crave for Bronco Dan (with his alfred e. neuman avatar) over your posts. You have info and an opinion but I had to stop reading it.

Pontius Pirate
10-10-2011, 05:37 PM
FWIW, I traded Peyton Hillis this weekend for Jahvid Best.