PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

canadianbroncosfan
06-22-2012, 09:20 AM
Staal rejects 10 year/60 million dollar offer. He will very likely be moved in the next few days, as has been expected for some time now.

Lots of rumors here in Edmonton that the Pens trade a Stall package for the first overall pick. No thanks.

socalorado
06-22-2012, 09:23 AM
Ducks are looking to trade Bobby Ryan, and are in the Staal and Nash talks.

24champ
06-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Lots of rumors here in Edmonton that the Pens trade a Stall package for the first overall pick. No thanks.

Staal>Yakupov or Reinhardt. Whoever the Oilers pick at #1.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 09:28 AM
Staal>Yakupov or Reinhardt. Whoever the Oilers pick at #1.

Maybe in the short term, but he already said no to $6 mil. What does he want? $6.5 or more? That's a huge cap hit to take on for 10 years for a guy who is maybe a 2nd line center. He's a poor man's Patrice Bergeron IMO and the Bs just re-signed him for $5 mil a year.

maher_tyler
06-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Wish the Avs would bring in a guy like Staal or anyone that could take some pressure off the young guys that are still developing. I'd be ok with them trading Stastny for Staal straight up...

24champ
06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
Maybe in the short term, but he already said no to $6 mil. What does he want? $6.5 or more? That's a huge cap hit to take on for 10 years for a guy who is maybe a 2nd line center. He's a poor man's Patrice Bergeron IMO and the Bs just re-signed him for $5 mil a year.

Who knows if its money Staal is seeking. I would imagine that Staal wants to have a bigger role on a team elsewhere since Crosby/Malkin are in front of him.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Who knows if its money Staal is seeking. I would imagine that Staal wants to have a bigger role on a team elsewhere since Crosby/Malkin are in front of him.

That seems to be a popular sentiment. That and wanting badly to go play with his brother in Carolina.

I guess I'll just never understand the logic of not wanting to be paid more money to do less. It just seems so appealing. Why would one want to work significantly harder to make significantly less money? Especially when he has had some difficulty staying healthy for a full season. Doubling his shifts certainly isn't going to help that.

I guess I could see it if he was stuck on some crap team, but this is Pittsburgh. He's already won it all with them before, so he shouldn't have any regrets, and barring any more major injuries, they'll be in the mix to win it all for the forseeable future.

bronco militia
06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Wish the Avs would bring in a guy like Staal or anyone that could take some pressure off the young guys that are still developing. I'd be ok with them trading Stastny for Staal straight up...

I'd be up for them doing anything except trade Landeskog and Duchene

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 10:21 AM
aaDucks are looking to trade Bobby Ryan, and are in the Staal and Nash talks.

I would take Ryan for staal. Let him play with Sid

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd still love to know what the Penguins plans would be if Staal said yes to the extension. They'd be looking at over a third of the cap tied up in their top 3 centers.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd still love to know what the Penguins plans would be if Staal said yes to the extension. They'd be looking at over a third of the cap tied up in their top 3 centers.

The idea is to tie down the big 3 for long term deals so that the hit becomes cheaper each year as the cap presumably rises by a few million each year.

Btw flyers allegedly trade bobrovsky for a couple picks from columbus

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Btw flyers allegedly trade bobrovsky for a couple picks from columbus

Yup, appears to be a done deal. Gross. Columbus are a bunch of idiots.

underrated29
06-22-2012, 11:07 AM
stall is a stud, all the brothers are. But I would not say Stall over Nail. Sure he is unproven, but that man is skills!

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 11:15 AM
Apparently Carolina feels like they are going to get staal eventually regardless so they aren't going to make a big time offer. ****ers. That's fine...I'm sure Jordan will be pleased to be informed on his wedding day that he will be shipped to some hellhole for a year. Shero needs to be a dick if need be. We are going to get a real return. Period.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
Apparently Carolina feels like they are going to get staal eventually regardless so they aren't going to make a big time offer. ****ers. That's fine...I'm sure Jordan will be pleased to be informed on his wedding day that he will be shipped to some hellhole for a year. Shero needs to be a dick if need be. We are going to get a real return. Period.

I'm not sure you'll get a real return from anyone, given that the whole world knows it's a one year rental. What non-contending hell hole team is going to give up what little talent they may have for one year of a guy who has yet to score 30 goals?

underrated29
06-22-2012, 11:19 AM
the eurozone or whatever is claiming the rights to parise have been traded to.....

The Avs!!!- I dont buy it, but holy god I hope so! OMG. let this be true!

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 11:25 AM
Wow. I thought the wild would get him

underrated29
06-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Wow. I thought the wild would get him

Not confirmed yet, and frankly, when I checked the time of their rumor it was 10 hours ago....So I think BS...Still, there is a part of me that will keep up hope for it.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
Fluto Shinzawa ‏@GlobeFluto
Tim Thomas has waived NMC. Would have expired on July 1. Teams near cap floor have inquired.

24champ
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Yup, appears to be a done deal. Gross. Columbus are a bunch of idiots.

Agreed. Nice return for the Flyers.

Howson has to be the worst GM in the NHL right now.:giggle:

BroncoLifer
06-22-2012, 12:10 PM
the eurozone or whatever is claiming the rights to parise have been traded to.....

The Avs!!!- I dont buy it, but holy god I hope so! OMG. let this be true!

No, let's hope it's not!!!

Rather, let's sign him as a UFA on July 1 and keep all of the players/picks it would take to make a trade.

But anyway, I think this is a light rail caliber rumor.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Agreed. Nice return for the Flyers.

Howson has to be the worst GM in the NHL right now.:giggle:

Its just like a couple mid round picks including a 2nd. Bobrovsky is not bad. He has played better against pit than bryz.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
He has played better against pit than bryz.

An empty net would've been preferable to either during that opening round series.

underrated29
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
No, let's hope it's not!!!

Rather, let's sign him as a UFA on July 1 and keep all of the players/picks it would take to make a trade.

But anyway, I think this is a light rail caliber rumor.

Worse than light rail I think. Thats how bad it is. Its boarderline foneco on the light rail.

Requiem
06-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Go Pens!

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 03:46 PM
Looks like we might get yandle for staal. Shero loves his offensive defense men.

Requiem
06-22-2012, 04:15 PM
Yandle for Staal (all things considered) make me bust a nut.

gyldenlove
06-22-2012, 05:16 PM
Looks like we might get yandle for staal. Shero loves his offensive defense men.

No Yandle, you got Brandon Sutter, a stooge and a 1st rounder from Carolina, not a huge package.

BroncosSR
06-22-2012, 05:53 PM
No Yandle, you got Brandon Sutter, a stooge and a 1st rounder from Carolina, not a huge package.

Thought it was a big mistake by Shero not taking Forsberg with the return pick from Staal trake...

DivineLegion
06-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Brandon Sutter is one of the most well rounded center man in hockey, and he's 22. The pens got a great deal. Its sad to see Brandon go, he was without a doubt one of the most underutilized players in the league. He's got a lot of raw talent that should translate into him becoming one of the best two way centers in last ten years. He's literally a clone of Jordan Staal, but carries less injury concern.

chadta
06-22-2012, 06:31 PM
aa

I would take Ryan for staal. Let him play with Sid

Ryan will be a flyer on opening night, hopefully we can dump JVR as part of the deal

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Thought it was a big mistake by Shero not taking Forsberg with the return pick from Staal trake...

It's as I said earlier...Shero LOVES offensive defensemen. He can't get enough of them. I think he is getting rid of Martin and possibly also one more defenseman on the current roster, so he is making sure the system is as deep as possible there.

I know they are going to get a winger via FA or another trade. We'll see. I'm happy with the compensation. Sutter is a good replacement for Staal and I've heard good things about the other kid's hockey IQ that we got from Carolina.

Cmac821
06-22-2012, 06:42 PM
So Carolina now has three Staal brothers?

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Speculation that PIT will trade #22 and Martin to NJ for Parise's rights...hilarity.

LOL

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 06:52 PM
Alot of Pens fans want Gaunce here.

I bet its another offensive d-man, though. :)

I wonder if it gets traded to NJ or PHX...that would be interesting.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Pierre says its going to be the London Knights defenseman. He is absolutely sure of it. Ollie Maata. Pierre seems very confident in this.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 06:57 PM
Pierre got it right. No. 10 overall player according to TSN at No. 22...good value.

Man, Shero loves his defensemen. Pierre is creaming, which he usually does to the Penguins anyway. LOL

This tells me we are getting rid of several defensemen for sure. Perhaps 2 of Martin/Michalek/Orpik/Niskanen. They will definitely get rid of Lovejoy for sure. There is a TON of quality depth in the system. Tons of it. Despres and Morrow may be able to play on the third pairing this year...Morrow actually almost made the team last year.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-22-2012, 07:23 PM
Varlamov and Eakin for Forsberg and Riberio. Nice job GMGM.

gyldenlove
06-22-2012, 07:39 PM
Pierre got it right. No. 10 overall player according to TSN at No. 22...good value.

Man, Shero loves his defensemen. Pierre is creaming, which he usually does to the Penguins anyway. LOL

This tells me we are getting rid of several defensemen for sure. Perhaps 2 of Martin/Michalek/Orpik/Niskanen. They will definitely get rid of Lovejoy for sure. There is a TON of quality depth in the system. Tons of it. Despres and Morrow may be able to play on the third pairing this year...Morrow actually almost made the team last year.

Interesting, Maatta is a pretty solid all round guy but has limited offensive upside. He is a lot like Brad Stuart that way, can play minutes with a top line and on power play but is never going to be a 50 point guy. He was really a late bloomer and ended up really jumping up boards with the Knights run at the Memorial cup.

DivineLegion
06-22-2012, 07:49 PM
Brandon Sutter is one of the most well rounded center man in hockey, and he's 22. The pens got a great deal. Its sad to see Brandon go, he was without a doubt one of the most underutilized players in the league. He's got a lot of raw talent that should translate into him becoming one of the best two way centers in last ten years. He's literally a clone of Jordan Staal, but carries less injury concern.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 08:03 PM
Molinari reporting that we're going to send Z back to Phoenix (as well as another player) for Yandle.

I assume they are still working hard to get rid of Martin as well, so that they can make a play for Parise as Pierre suggests they will.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Z has been traded back to Phoenix...albeit not for Yandle. Rather for prospects and picks it seems. That's another 4m saved. They just shaved 8m off their payroll today.

That tells me they are making a big run at Suter or Parise.

SoCalBronco
06-22-2012, 08:52 PM
I'm going to miss Z (and Jordan ofcourse, but I think Sutter will be a good replacement). He was a good player for us...he had a bit of a down year, but he was a solid defenseman. Looks like purely a salary move since they didnt really get anything of value back.

It's obvious Shero is making a BIG run at Parise or Suter or both. If they could get Parise to play with Crosby, and they already have Neal for Geno, plus a ton of talented young defenseman coming up, that would be terrific.

chadta
06-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Scott Laughton becomes the first player in months to wear a Flyer jersey in Pittsburgh without scoring on Marc-Andre Fleury. :thumbs:

SoCalBronco
06-23-2012, 02:01 PM
Pens working on Parise and Suter. Also interested in Dan Boyle. They could dump Martin today to get to about 20m under.

Requiem
06-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Pens going wild. YES.

chadta
06-23-2012, 03:03 PM
MAPLE LEAFS TRADE SCHENN TO FLYERS FOR VAN RIEMSDYK

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399090

not sure what we use to get Ryan now since i assumed it was going to be JVR, but glad to have his #2 overall ass out of town, specially since his new deal pays him 4.25 mil, not sure how we will replace the 25 points he got last year tho LOL

SoCalBronco
06-23-2012, 07:53 PM
Perhaps some of the Flyer fans here (chadta or SR) can tell me how credible Randy Miller is. He is supposedly some Flyer writer and was tweeting this...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2a7vtd2.jpg

....I thought the LeBron-Wade comparison was amusing a little.

Zach: "I'm taking my talents to.......Allegheny County". LOL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aL37zduqDjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMO, the offense would be unstoppable with Sid, Zach, Geno and Neal. But they still have to create a viable defense. There is an embarassment of riches in terms of D-Man prospect depth but very few can play right now. Despres can play right now, but probably only on the third pairing and that would also be true of Dumoulin and Morrow. They still need to add at least one good first pairing defensive defenseman.

teknic
06-24-2012, 08:23 AM
MAPLE LEAFS TRADE SCHENN TO FLYERS FOR VAN RIEMSDYK

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399090

not sure what we use to get Ryan now since i assumed it was going to be JVR, but glad to have his #2 overall ass out of town, specially since his new deal pays him 4.25 mil, not sure how we will replace the 25 points he got last year tho LOL

I like the trade for both teams. When JVR is healthy, he's very effective driving the net and shooting from in close. The Leafs are lacking size in their top 6, so adding a young power forward like JVR is a great move. Schenn is a solid player in his own end, and he finishes his checks hard. He can hit, block shots, and clear the front of the net very well for how young he is. He struggles under the pressure of a good forecheck and makes bad passes from his own end, and doesn't add much offensively. He has showed the ability to be a 2 way defender (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCcL_NHEdw), but his offensive game is too inconsistent. Schenn should be paired with a veteran who is very good at passing out of his own zone, and carrying the puck up the ice (he played well with Liles in Toronto), It'll be interesting seeing how all these brother tandems in the nhl work out next year.

If the Pens get Parise, that offense would be ridiculous. I'd call them the cup favourites, but I can't do that when their starting goalie is Fleury. ROFL!

gyldenlove
06-24-2012, 08:41 AM
Pens working on Parise and Suter. Also interested in Dan Boyle. They could dump Martin today to get to about 20m under.

I don't think you can get Parise and Suter without getting to at least 20 mill. The market for Parise is going to be around 7 mill per year unless some team with a lot of cap space does something stupid. Suter is by a wide margin the premier D man available this year and that means 6+ million depending what happens with Weber could be as high as 8 million. Getting both at anything less than 14 combined is going to be a real struggle and if that is the case you will need to dump salary to fill out the roster.

I would expect Parise to find a home pretty quickly, there are several wingers out there who could be had in trades like Nash and Ryan and Semin is a real dark horse as a UFA. If Parise doesn't get serious quickly some teams will turn to plan B and the market could cool down.

Suter on the other hand can take all the time he wants, there is no competition on the market at all.

24champ
06-24-2012, 10:16 AM
Kings had a decent draft...glad we didn't have many picks in this one. Just added some depth to the prospect pool and Dean selected Ebert with the last pick of the draft, Ebert was ranked in the top 5 in some publications in the fall. If he can return to form, the Kings will have absolutely sick crop of defensemen. Kings also selected LW Tanner Pearson, which some pundits on NHL Live says he is the most NHL ready of all the first rounders.

Also Jarret Stoll and Fraser have signed extensions, keeping our bottom 6 solid down the middle.

Ray Finkle
06-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Perhaps some of the Flyer fans here (chadta or SR) can tell me how credible Randy Miller is. He is supposedly some Flyer writer and was tweeting this...

http://oi46.tinypic.com/2a7vtd2.jpg

....I thought the LeBron-Wade comparison was amusing a little.

Zach: "I'm taking my talents to.......Allegheny County". LOL.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aL37zduqDjg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IMO, the offense would be unstoppable with Sid, Zach, Geno and Neal. But they still have to create a viable defense. There is an embarassment of riches in terms of D-Man prospect depth but very few can play right now. Despres can play right now, but probably only on the third pairing and that would also be true of Dumoulin and Morrow. They still need to add at least one good first pairing defensive defenseman.

Teams can't buy the cup......you also have a sieve for a goalie....

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 11:44 AM
We aren't buying the cup finkle. We are subject to the same cap as everyone else. Our cap position is great. Sid will extend at essentially the same salary. Martin will be shipped out. Geno reportedly is going to take the same deal as Sid 10 year 90 million.

gyldenlove
06-24-2012, 11:54 AM
We aren't buying the cup finkle. We are subject to the same cap as everyone else. Our cap position is great. Sid will extend at essentially the same salary. Martin will be shipped out. Geno reportedly is going to take the same deal as Sid 10 year 90 million.

The question is how much are you willing to tie up in long term deals with a new CBA coming that will reduce the salary cap but with no giveback.

chadta
06-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Teams can't buy the cup......you also have a sieve for a goalie....

Am I the only one who thinks its funny seeing a ranger fan talking about a team buying the cup ?

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 12:44 PM
The question is how much are you willing to tie up in long term deals with a new CBA coming that will reduce the salary cap but with no giveback.

Cap will prolly go down from 70 to about 66, but again, since its all tied to revenue, it will keep rising incrementally year by year thereafter. With Crosby and Malkin taking long term deals essentially at their current salaries (projected increase of 800k from 8.7 to 9.5), the deals become cheaper and cheaper by the year as the cap rises after the initial reduction, so that's not a problem.

The fact that there will be a bunch of NHL ready quality defenseman in 2 years will help as well since there will be alot of guys playing on their rookie deals. The Penguins could easily get both Suter and Parise IF they dumped Martin. They could get one of those guys without doing anything else. I've looked at the Penguins payroll for the next couple years factoring in Malkin and Crosby at 9.5 each and its still way, way below where the cap should be....without a whole lot of spots that need to be filled. That's why Shero is taking all the defensemen he can. For the next 3-4 years, only two defensemen on the roster will truly be getting paid. Everyone else will be a high quality young draftee that is playing for peanuts on their rookie deal.

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Haha...I love this Red Wing blog post....just dripping with Penguin envy. You can feel the fear in it.

It’s Down To Two
by IwoCPO on 06/23/12 at 07:44 AM ET
Comments (37)

If Zach Parise and Ryan Suter landed in Minnesota, we’d be highly pissed. Because it’s the Wild and we fear them as legitimate contenders for Detroit’s Cup? No. They won’t and wouldn’t win it with or without Parise and/or Suter. We’d be upset because the two most sought-after free agents in history will have landed anywhere but the (Hockey) town where they belong.

It cannot be overstated just how badly the Wings need at least one of these players, and most likely both. Missing out on one, should they leave their current cities, would be hard to handle.

Failing to bring in either would be crushing. Like losing a Cup in Game 7 type of pain. It would be like losing a Cup to the team that Gary Bettman coronated, led by a petulant, diving, yam sacking, “captain” and fabricated “icon”, then watching that same Bettman fantasy-child lift our Cup on our ice.

With me? I’m getting to a point here.

There are two teams with dynasties at stake right now. One real, breathing dynasty. Another one that is two signatures away from reality. Parise and Suter are gonna sign somewhere together (I believe that) and it’s going to come down to one of two places, because those two franchises offer so much more than any others in Gary’s soon-to-be-locked-out-again league.

San Jose’s not going after both of our guys. They have 11 million in Cap space, only 15 guys signed and a history of losing horrifically, probably because they’re “led” by a big, soft, Jumbo pile of red-haired ****.

Chicago has all of 8 million left (that’s about 1 million less than it’s going to take to sign Parise) and I believe their management doesn’t have the smarts or the sway to get both.

LA: oh, I know. I know. They want to “stay competitive”. They’ve “had a taste” and once you’ve been there, boy, you want more and more. Got it. Wanting ain’t getting. Not when you have less than 12 to spend and little to offer in terms of firepower to surround Parise with, although Kopitar is something, I’ll grant you that. And, despite the skepticism with which I view these “Suter is a small-town boy” reports coming from Josh Cooper’s generator-powered basement, LA doesn’t seem like his kind of town.

Colorado literally believes they have a shot at both. Bitch, please. Yeah, they’ve got plenty of Cap room. At 40 million, they’ve got an entire team to buy if they want to. Fortunately, Parise, Suter and their agents should be smart enough to see that despite all that room and money there is no core in place. All their arrival there would mean is a potential playoff berth. No. These guys are going to land in a city that immediately becomes The Favorite the minute they sign. Denver is not that city. Denver’s a lot of things, a pisspot wannabe hockey city with six “fans”, a beat writer who moonlights for Cosmo, male bloggers who hyphenate their last names, but it’s not the town that is two superstars away from the Cup.

St. Louis, quiet to this point but loaded with all that cash stashed away from Pall Mall sales at the middle schools, is a player. I do believe that. Plenty of money and a dangerous, internal belief that they are close. They actually think they’re a player away from Glory. I happen to believe they’re a goaltender, about three scorers and a coach who isn’t going to alienate his players within the first three months of the season away. But, they don’t see it that way and they’re going to make a pitch for both. If they haven’t already.

But they won’t get ‘em. They’re close but they can’t offer what the Wings and another team can: the certainty that their signing will lead to multiple Cup Finals appearances, if not Cups themselves.

It’s down to Detroit and Pittsburgh and that should be enough to make you just lose it, physically. I’m talking all bodily functions. And it’s not because you hate Pittsburgh. It’s because if Parise and Suter sign there, it’s done. Sealed. Schedule the parade and start the photoshops of Bettman and Rosby, faces smeared with Yoohoo, giving each other eskimo kisses, while Hall and Oates’ timeless classic “Maneater” blares in the background of a Cup celebration.

And like the kids would say? It’s getting real, now

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/a2y/comments/its_down_to_two/?tw_p=twt

Killericon
06-24-2012, 01:34 PM
http://i.imgur.com/onagC.gif

Lundqvist = Hank Scorpio

gyldenlove
06-24-2012, 02:00 PM
Cap will prolly go down from 70 to about 66, but again, since its all tied to revenue, it will keep rising incrementally year by year thereafter. With Crosby and Malkin taking long term deals essentially at their current salaries (projected increase of 800k from 8.7 to 9.5), the deals become cheaper and cheaper by the year as the cap rises after the initial reduction, so that's not a problem.

The fact that there will be a bunch of NHL ready quality defenseman in 2 years will help as well since there will be alot of guys playing on their rookie deals. The Penguins could easily get both Suter and Parise IF they dumped Martin. They could get one of those guys without doing anything else. I've looked at the Penguins payroll for the next couple years factoring in Malkin and Crosby at 9.5 each and its still way, way below where the cap should be....without a whole lot of spots that need to be filled. That's why Shero is taking all the defensemen he can. For the next 3-4 years, only two defensemen on the roster will truly be getting paid. Everyone else will be a high quality young draftee that is playing for peanuts on their rookie deal.

They will ask for it to drop by about 10-15% so anywhere from 60 to 63. My guess is that they will try to remove revenue streams from the cap calculation to enable owners to generate revenue they do not have to share with players, just as the NFL does.

Adding 2 deals at about 15 mill per year for at least 6 years plus 19 mill for at least 8 years would take up half the salary cap on 4 players. On top of that you have Letang who is going to be at least a 6 million a year guy and the 5 million Neal and Fleury contracts. Next year at a salary cap of 65 (conservative estimate) you have 51 million going to Malkin, Crosby, Letang, Fleury, Suter, Parise, Neal and Kunitz. That gives you 14 million to get a backup goalie, 5 defensemen and 8 forwards (1 million per player) - that means to keep Vokoun you need to have 2 guys on mimimum rookie salaries, to keep Sutter you need 2 guys on mimium rokoie salaries, to keep Orpik you would need 5 guys on minimum rookie deals.

If you can move Martin and not take back any salary.

I could definitely see Parise end up with the Pens, but I think getting both Parise and Suter is a pipe dream unless management is prepared to go through a Blackhawks like firesale next summer.

gyldenlove
06-24-2012, 02:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/onagC.gif

Lundqvist = Hank Scorpio

Swedes are evil.

Ray Finkle
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Am I the only one who thinks its funny seeing a ranger fan talking about a team buying the cup ?

You do realize since the lock out, they've built their team through the draft right?

chadta
06-24-2012, 02:59 PM
You do realize since the lock out, they've built their team through the draft right?

I forgot you guys drafted redden, drury, gaborik, richards, fedetenko, boyle, eminger

my bad

Ray Finkle
06-24-2012, 07:14 PM
I forgot you guys drafted redden, drury, gaborik, richards, fedetenko, boyle, eminger

my bad

Wait, 1 failure, a captain until his body gave out and is credited for mentoring Cally, Girardi, and Staal, 2 FA signings, a camp tryout that they signed, and 2 trades is buying a championship? Get a clue.... How are all your goalies doing that you fail on?

SoCalBronco
06-24-2012, 07:19 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScYSn_RC5Re3LnWGVb1a1hTLLZRc4tn u-l593k2jfFJ0xn66zldQ

chadta
06-25-2012, 03:19 AM
How are all your goalies doing that you fail on?

its got us the same number of cups wins as your "superstar" goalie

Ray Finkle
06-25-2012, 04:14 AM
its got us the same number of cups wins as your "superstar" goalie

difference is, since the lock out, the Rangers have only needed 1 goalie. The Flyers have; drafted, traded; signed many a goalie without success. In fact, since Hextall, they haven't done squat.

in 97, they could have signed Richter or Cujo and they wiffed once again.

chadta
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
difference is, since the lock out, the Rangers have only needed 1 goalie. The Flyers have; drafted, traded; signed many a goalie without success. In fact, since Hextall, they haven't done squat.

in 97, they could have signed Richter or Cujo and they wiffed once again.

And how many cups has that all world goalie won for you ?

the same number as our 13 used up has been never was, never shoulda been goalies, only difference is wavier wire leighton took us to the finals, which is more than the king has done for you.

Baba Booey
06-25-2012, 02:25 PM
I rather enjoy watching Rangers and Flyers fans argue. I'm sure SoCal will agree.

Ray Finkle
06-25-2012, 07:57 PM
And how many cups has that all world goalie won for you ?

the same number as our 13 used up has been never was, never shoulda been goalies, only difference is wavier wire leighton took us to the finals, which is more than the king has done for you.

How did the Richards and Carter trade work out?....

Baba Booey
06-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey Finkle...how ironic is it that we drafted Stephane Matteau's kid? Haha

Supposedly he's a good player though. Big body with some offensive upside.

chadta
06-26-2012, 03:55 AM

worked out great for everybody, we got schenn, simmonds, and couterier out of the deal, and they got to go from being leaders on a team to being also playeds which is a position they are more comfortable in.

whats it like being a fan of the worst original 6 team going ?

I mean i get mad that my team has only won 2 cups in 40 years, but you guys only have what 3 in 100 years, that sucks man, good thing new york has 2 other teams that can win championships eh, gotta love the devils and islanders.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 04:24 AM
worked out great for everybody, we got schenn, simmonds, and couterier out of the deal, and they got to go from being leaders on a team to being also playeds which is a position they are more comfortable in.

whats it like being a fan of the worst original 6 team going ?

I mean i get mad that my team has only won 2 cups in 40 years, but you guys only have what 3 in 100 years, that sucks man, good thing new york has 2 other teams that can win championships eh, gotta love the devils and islanders.

I'd peg the Leafs below the Rangers on the original six...

Let's see, you traded 2 of your top 3 players to make room to sign a goalie who is a turd.....good move.

You do realize the Flyers haven't won a cup since the 70's right? At least I've seen the cup be raised. Something you won't see for a long time.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 04:25 AM
Hey Finkle...how ironic is it that we drafted Stephane Matteau's kid? Haha

Supposedly he's a good player though. Big body with some offensive upside.

I thought that was who the Rangers were going to take (or Ulfie's kid if he wasn't taken the spot before).

Kind of meh about their pick but I trust Gordie....was meh about a ton of his picks in the past.

chadta
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
I'd peg the Leafs below the Rangers on the original six...

Let's see, you traded 2 of your top 3 players to make room to sign a goalie who is a turd.....good move.

You do realize the Flyers haven't won a cup since the 70's right? At least I've seen the cup be raised. Something you won't see for a long time.

you do realize that the leafs have the second most stanley cups right ? Id hardly call that a failure.

as for the trade, it was supposed to hurt us offensively, it didnt, it was also suposed to help us in net, it also didnt, oh well

Ive seen my team win twice

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
you do realize that the leafs have the second most stanley cups right ? Id hardly call that a failure.

as for the trade, it was supposed to hurt us offensively, it didnt, it was also suposed to help us in net, it also didnt, oh well

Ive seen my team win twice

Damn, banking on you being younger...the leafs have been a joke for the last decade.

chadta
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM
Damn, banking on you being younger...the leafs have been a joke for the last decade.

living in leaf land, i can tell you, they have been a joke for almost 2 decades, correction almost 5 decades with 5 years of decent hockey in the early 90's breaking it up

24champ
06-26-2012, 05:16 PM

Worked out great. :thumbs:

Not sure if Holmgren is the right GM for that team, if they trade for Bobby Ryan, they are just spinning their wheels.

gyldenlove
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
living in leaf land, i can tell you, they have been a joke for almost 2 decades, correction almost 5 decades with 5 years of decent hockey in the early 90's breaking it up

Sundin going in the HOF as a first ballot candidate was a joke. He had good production and a nice career, but he was never the leader of a championship team and he seemed fine being the best guy on a bad team.

Requiem
06-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Sundin going in the HOF as a first ballot candidate was a joke. He had good production and a nice career, but he was never the leader of a championship team and he seemed fine being the best guy on a bad team.

I don't know about you but it felt damn good being the best player on a bad team. Made it a whole lot easier to get selected to baseball All-Star games. :yayaya:

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 06:40 PM

All time leading scorer for an original six. HOF 1st ballet worthy....

gyldenlove
06-26-2012, 07:35 PM
All time leading scorer for an original six. HOF 1st ballet worthy....

Never won even a conference championship. Never made a first team all star team and only twice a second team all star. Toronto Maple Leafs who were better and more deserving of HOF than Sundin: Doug Gilmour, Tim Horton, Ted Kennedy, Borje Salming, Darryl Sittler, Frank Mahovlich, Syl Apps. He had 1 season with over 100 points, 2 seasons with over 90 points, 0 seasons with 50 or more goals.

The ONLY reason Sundin goes in now is that the HOF is in Toronto just down the street from the ACC.

Sundin was good, and he should go in the HOF eventually, but he is not a first ballot guy.

Ray Finkle
06-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Never won even a conference championship. Never made a first team all star team and only twice a second team all star. Toronto Maple Leafs who were better and more deserving of HOF than Sundin: Doug Gilmour, Tim Horton, Ted Kennedy, Borje Salming, Darryl Sittler, Frank Mahovlich, Syl Apps. He had 1 season with over 100 points, 2 seasons with over 90 points, 0 seasons with 50 or more goals.

The ONLY reason Sundin goes in now is that the HOF is in Toronto just down the street from the ACC.

Sundin was good, and he should go in the HOF eventually, but he is not a first ballot guy.

He was on a crappy team, if he wasn't traded for Clark, he would equal to Joe.

I think being on Toronto tainted the perception of how good he was. Again, leading all time pounts of an original 6, that is lofty.

SoCalBronco
06-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Some rumors that if they don't get Parise, the Pens might be in the Hunt to trade for Nash. I don't think this would be a great idea because:
1. Salary is a little too high for a little too long.
2. They tried him out in the Olympics on Sid's wing and it didnt really work.
3. PIT would have to give up alot of assets to get him. Prolly not worth it to gut the prospect pool when we could just get a FA instead, or trade with someone who isnta demanding a King's ransom.

Aftermath
06-26-2012, 10:15 PM
No one cares about the Pens except bandwagon fans, and those same Parise/Nash/Suter/Ryan/Schultz rumors are going around for every team. So don't get too excited homeboy.

Aftermath
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM

Nope, you only tank purposely for cups.

Aftermath
06-26-2012, 10:23 PM

It worked out great actually. I'd do that trade 12 out of 10 times. And I'm very happy for Richards, not a fan of Carter though. In fact, you questioning the trade makes me think you lack knowledge of any team but the Rangers.

Carter + Richards
For
Schenn + Couturier + Voracek + Simmonds. (All under 24 yrs old)
Awesome.

Thought it was a badass trade for the Flyers when it happened and I still do(check the forum history if you doubt me).

Only morons like yourself think the Kings won that trade because they won the cup, and the Flyers didn't trade Carter to the Kings either.

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 04:27 AM
It worked out great actually. I'd do that trade 12 out of 10 times. And I'm very happy for Richards, not a fan of Carter though. In fact, you questioning the trade makes me think you lack knowledge of any team but the Rangers.

Carter + Richards
For
Schenn + Couturier + Voracek + Simmonds. (All under 24 yrs old)
Awesome.

Thought it was a badass trade for the Flyers when it happened and I still do(check the forum history if you doubt me).

Only morons like yourself think the Kings won that trade because they won the cup, and the Flyers didn't trade Carter to the Kings either.

You're in denial....

Regardless of the players you acquired, you traded 2 players that pretty much enabled the Kings to win the cup. How is that not winning the trade?

The trades were not made to bring in all those young guys, it was first and foremost made to get your goalie. How did that work out? Since Hextal, the Flyers have made half ass efforts to get a franchise goalie.

Could have signed Richter or Cujo, took VBK. Could have traded for Hasek or Loungo, they don't. They could sign Suter, ZP, and clone Bobby Clarke and they still have a gapping hole in goal.

Baba Booey
06-27-2012, 06:56 AM
One of my earliest hockey memories was chanting Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal at Devils games during the '95 cup run.

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 07:26 AM
One of my earliest hockey memories was chanting Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeextaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal at Devils games during the '95 cup run.

My favorite was an Islander/Rangers game I went to (Hextal was on Team Fish Stick). In the middle of the national anthem, someone yelled out "Hextal you're a ****ing pussy!" and all he did was put his head down and start laughing....

Did I mention the person that yelled that was an Islander fan?

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 08:07 AM
He was on a crappy team, if he wasn't traded for Clark, he would equal to Joe.

I think being on Toronto tainted the perception of how good he was. Again, leading all time pounts of an original 6, that is lofty.

Not so much, he had 82 game seasons to do it, those who came before him did their scoring in seasons with 40 or 50 games.

If being the top scorer of an original 6 is that major you are also saying that Ray Bourque was a better defenseman than Bobby Orr because he scored more points for Boston?

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 08:20 AM
Not so much, he had 82 game seasons to do it, those who came before him did their scoring in seasons with 40 or 50 games.

If being the top scorer of an original 6 is that major you are also saying that Ray Bourque was a better defenseman than Bobby Orr because he scored more points for Boston?

That's beside the point. Where did I say they Sundin was a better player than any other Maple Leaf because he was the leading scorer? I wrote that being the leading scorer of an original 6 team earns the right to be a 1st ballet HOF.

Orr was probably the greatest defensemen to ever play.

Smiling Assassin27
06-27-2012, 08:26 AM
anyone surprised that brendan shanahan didn't get in?

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 08:55 AM
That's beside the point. Where did I say they Sundin was a better player than any other Maple Leaf because he was the leading scorer? I wrote that being the leading scorer of an original 6 team earns the right to be a 1st ballet HOF.

Orr was probably the greatest defensemen to ever play.

Leading scorer is irrelevant. Sundin was never good enough to be awarded anything league wide and the team while he was there was never good enough to win anything.

Baba Booey
06-27-2012, 09:12 AM

Very. Three cups, one of the best goal scorers ever, etc.

Should have been in over Sundin imo.

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Shane Doan to the B's. You heard it here first. :)

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM

Not really, I think they wanted to protect the process from criticism of favourism because Shanahan works for the NHL now. He will get in next year.

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Shane Doan to the B's. You heard it here first. :)

Semin to the Red Wings, Parise to the Penguins. I am calling it now.

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Leading scorer is irrelevant. Sundin was never good enough to be awarded anything league wide and the team while he was there was never good enough to win anything.

Did you watch hockey when he played? He was a great player...Doan's never won anything and people will be tripping over their dicks to sign him shortly.

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Did you watch hockey when he played? He was a great player...Doan's never won anything and people will be tripping over their ***** to sign him shortly.

Doan is a cheap shotting asshole, if it hadn't been a combination of Bettmans desire to keep his Southern US experiment going and being a big fish in a small pond he would have been a 2nd liner.

I live on Southern Ontario and have watched maybe 50 full games of Sundin playing over the years on HNIC, and I can say equivocally that he was never a dominant player. Every time Peter Forsberg was on the ice the other team had to account for him, they had to match up to counter him, Sundin was not a guy you had to play match up hockey against every time he was out there. Pavel Bure was dominant in his prime, Peter Forsberg, Sergei Fedorov, Sidney Crosby, these are guys you have to account for every second.

Mats Sundin is just a less successful and less allround version of Henrik Zetterberg, he is good and very consistent but not a guy you gameplan around trying to contain.

24champ
06-27-2012, 11:58 AM
Sundin is getting in the HOF because of his leadership, and the fact he played in Toronto. If he played anywhere else, he would be in the HOF in a few years and not on the first year of eligibility.

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Doan is a cheap shotting a-hole, if it hadn't been a combination of Bettmans desire to keep his Southern US experiment going and being a big fish in a small pond he would have been a 2nd liner.

I live on Southern Ontario and have watched maybe 50 full games of Sundin playing over the years on HNIC, and I can say equivocally that he was never a dominant player. Every time Peter Forsberg was on the ice the other team had to account for him, they had to match up to counter him, Sundin was not a guy you had to play match up hockey against every time he was out there. Pavel Bure was dominant in his prime, Peter Forsberg, Sergei Fedorov, Sidney Crosby, these are guys you have to account for every second.

Mats Sundin is just a less successful and less allround version of Henrik Zetterberg, he is good and very consistent but not a guy you gameplan around trying to contain.

Funny, I was going to compare him to Zetterberg. Sundin was a complete player, something Bure was never.

You wouldn't take Doan on your team? Please, he's like Claude Lemieux, everyone hated him until he was on their team.

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 12:14 PM
Funny, I was going to compare him to Zetterberg. Sundin was a complete player, something Bure was never.

You wouldn't take Doan on your team? Please, he's like Claude Lemieux, everyone hated him until he was on their team.

I wouldn't take Doan at all, I hate his guts. Lemieux I hated because he was a cheap shotting son of a bitch, but at least he was a proven playoff performer like few others. Doan has never scored mor than 31 goals in a season, he has never had a point per game season and he has statistically cost his team more short handed goals than he has scored on the power play because of his cheap shotting ways.

The type of production you can get from Doan you can get from Filpulla with the added benefit that Flip doesn't take stupid penalties, needs less ice time to do it and plays defense.

Doan is going to get an offer that is bigger than what his play calls for, I would be surprised if he signs for less than 2.5 million per year and I wouldn't be suprised to see it go as high as 4 million per year because there are enough teams desperate to be stupid as we saw with Ville Leino last year.

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2012, 12:19 PM
You are waaaaay undervaluing Doan. In one place you call him a potential 2nd instead of 1st liner and then you say it's possible (though not likely) that he should sign for less than $2.5 mil a year. How many veteran 1st/2nd liners anywhere make that little amount of money? Any?

24champ
06-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Malkin is having a productive off-season. :giggle:

https://p.twimg.com/AwaEWu3CQAEKdt2.jpg

Ray Finkle
06-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Malkin is having a productive off-season. :giggle:

https://p.twimg.com/AwaEWu3CQAEKdt2.jpg

Socal's going to need some IV's....

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 12:54 PM
You are waaaaay undervaluing Doan. In one place you call him a potential 2nd instead of 1st liner and then you say it's possible (though not likely) that he should sign for less than $2.5 mil a year. How many veteran 1st/2nd liners anywhere make that little amount of money? Any?

A 40 year old 2nd liner who is declining rapidly - he is going to get a multiyear deal more than likely so a cap hit of anything more than 2.5 is a bad deal. It is Andrew Brunette type money for an Andrew Brunette type player, very reasonable.

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 01:00 PM
Sundin is getting in the HOF because of his leadership, and the fact he played in Toronto. If he played anywhere else, he would be in the HOF in a few years and not on the first year of eligibility.

I think Sundin is very deserving of going in the HOF, I just don't think he is quite first ballot material - that should be reserved for guys like Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Brodeur, Hasek, Bourque, Roy, Hull - players who combine great production with championship pedigree and personal accolades.

Tombstone RJ
06-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Claude Lemieux was fantastic in the 1996 playoffs against those cheap shot bastard redwings.

hockey town... lol

24champ
06-27-2012, 01:23 PM
I think Sundin is very deserving of going in the HOF, I just don't think he is quite first ballot material - that should be reserved for guys like Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, Lidstrom, Brodeur, Hasek, Bourque, Roy, Hull - players who combine great production with championship pedigree and personal accolades.

I don't disagree with you. First ballot guys should be Gretz, Super Mario, Messier etc. Guys in that stratosphere of play, but it appears the guys that do the voting for the HHOF, considered Sundin's international achievements as well. After all it is the HHOF and not the NHLHOF.

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2012, 01:29 PM
A 40 year old 2nd liner who is declining rapidly - he is going to get a multiyear deal more than likely so a cap hit of anything more than 2.5 is a bad deal. It is Andrew Brunette type money for an Andrew Brunette type player, very reasonable.

40?

The guy's 35.

Tombstone RJ
06-27-2012, 01:36 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lWs3ojYoc2E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The previous series against the Canucks was brutal too...

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 01:50 PM
40?

The guy's 35.

His play has fallen off like he is 40.

gyldenlove
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Claude Lemieux was fantastic in the 1996 playoffs against those cheap shot bastard redwings.

hockey town... lol

That mid to late 90s rivalry between the Avs and Red Wings was amazing, both teams were loaded with talent and they genuinely hated each other - plus they played each other just enough to keep it spicey but not so much that it fizzled.

chadta
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
That mid to late 90s rivalry between the Avs and Red Wings was amazing, both teams were loaded with talent and they genuinely hated each other - plus they played each other just enough to keep it spicey but not so much that it fizzled.

ah yeah the good old days

Beantown Bronco
06-27-2012, 02:03 PM
His play has fallen off like he is 40.

Please. He had a two year spike from 2007-2009 that were great. Otherwise, his last three years have been almost identical to each other stat wise.

SoCalBronco
06-28-2012, 08:38 AM
It will be announced on Sunday that Crosby has signed an extension of at least 10 years (it may be around 12 years), at a cap hit of about 9 million flat, which is essentially what his current cap hit is (8.7).

Security in exchange for a low cap hit (this will be a huge bargain going forward even if the cap goes slightly down in the short term, as it will usually rise by a few million every single year).

Good news. :)

Beantown Bronco
06-28-2012, 08:49 AM
It will be announced on Sunday that Crosby has signed an extension of at least 10 years (it may be around 12 years), at a cap hit of about 9 million flat, which is essentially what his current cap hit is (8.7).

Security in exchange for a low cap hit (this will be a huge bargain going forward even if the cap goes slightly down in the short term, as it will usually rise by a few million every single year).

Obviously worth it if healthy, but 10+ years? That is a long time to gamble on a guy never getting tapped on the head again.

Ray Finkle
06-28-2012, 08:50 AM

AAV is low at 9?

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl::rofl:

gyldenlove
06-28-2012, 09:09 AM
Please. He had a two year spike from 2007-2009 that were great. Otherwise, his last three years have been almost identical to each other stat wise.

Look at his points per game and goals per game, they are clearly declining. 2 of his last 3 seasons he has had lower points per game than he did in any season the prior 6 years. His goals per game is down by almost 25% compared to the prior 5 year period.

Doan is declining rapidly despite not playing fewer minutes per game and being on a more competitive team, he is like Olli Jokinen and Mats Sundin, he is only good when he is a big fish in a tiny tiny pond who gets to play all the juicy minutes and doesn't have to play defense.

SoCalBronco
06-28-2012, 09:33 AM
9 is low considering he could get the Max and the cap will likely continue to rise over the course of the deal so in effect with cap inflation it will end up being well less than 9 finkle

Ray Finkle
06-28-2012, 09:35 AM
9 is low considering he could get the Max and the cap will likely continue to rise over the course of the deal so in effect with cap inflation it will end up being well less than 9 finkle

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

whatever lets you sleep at night...

24champ
06-28-2012, 09:38 AM

10 years for a guy with concussion problems and has missed a significant number of games the past 2 seasons? Yikes.

gyldenlove
06-28-2012, 09:52 AM

Could be the 2nd coming of Dipietro...

Ray Finkle
06-28-2012, 09:57 AM
10 years for a guy with concussion problems and has missed a significant number of games the past 2 seasons? Yikes.

Hey, he is different from Lindros (both of them), LaFontaine, and Savard....

his issues were around his neck and not his head....that should make everyone feel safer...

Well that and the Crosby rules that will go into effect next year. Sydnei will wear a hola hoop on the ice and no one can touch him with in a 5 foot radius of said hoop.

Beantown Bronco
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
12 years, $104.4 mil. Good luck with that.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=636359&navid=DL|NHL|home

chadta
06-28-2012, 11:16 AM
Hey, he is different from Lindros (both of them), LaFontaine, and Savard....

his issues were around his neck and not his head....that should make everyone feel safer...

Well that and the Crosby rules that will go into effect next year. Sydnei will wear a hola hoop on the ice and no one can touch him with in a 5 foot radius of said hoop.

Do those rules apply to malkin ? He put the best hit on him in the playoffs

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/ForsbergFlyerfan/crosby_medium.gif

Ray Finkle
06-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Do those rules apply to malkin ? He put the best hit on him in the playoffs

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b79/ForsbergFlyerfan/crosby_medium.gif

you can't suspend someone on your own team for violating the Cydnei Rule....silly.

chadta
06-28-2012, 11:24 AM
you can't suspend someone on your own team for violating the Cydnei Rule....silly.

good thing, that was probably the first clean check malkinstien has ever thrown, he didnt lead with is stick, knee or elbow, he must really like cindy

chadta
06-28-2012, 02:13 PM
just heard Quick signed a 10 year extension too

24champ
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
just heard Quick signed a 10 year extension too

at 5.8 cap AAV supposedly.

SoCalBronco
06-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Quick should fire his agent

24champ
06-28-2012, 03:45 PM

Gives us enough room to get Parise.:~ohyah!:

Ray Finkle
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM

Some star player don't feel the need to suck their team dry...

SoCalBronco
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Some star player don't feel the need to suck their team dry...

Agreed. Paul martin needs to take a pay cut.

chadta
06-28-2012, 05:32 PM
at 5.8 cap AAV supposedly.

hey thats around what we got bryzaster for, so its kinda of the same :(

Baba Booey
06-29-2012, 11:20 AM
Brodeur intends to test the free agent market.

If he ends up playing with a team other than the Devils I'm done with planet Earth.

24champ
06-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Brodeur intends to test the free agent market.

If he ends up playing with a team other than the Devils I'm done with planet Earth.

Where's he going to go? Goalie market pretty much dried up.

If Broduer leaves NJ then it must be for financial reasons, since the ownership situation is looking a lot like the cluster**** in PHX.

gyldenlove
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Where's he going to go? Goalie market pretty much dried up.

If Broduer leaves NJ then it must be for financial reasons, since the ownership situation is looking a lot like the cluster**** in PHX.

If he feels the Devils are losing Parise and with ownership flux won't be able to replace him he could decide to go to a team with a goalie need and a talented roster for one last shot at a cup. I am thinking Tampa or maybe Blackhawks, but it seems unlikely he will leave the Devils the year after they went to the finals.

24champ
06-29-2012, 11:48 AM
If he feels the Devils are losing Parise and with ownership flux won't be able to replace him he could decide to go to a team with a goalie need and a talented roster for one last shot at a cup. I am thinking Tampa or maybe Blackhawks, but it seems unlikely he will leave the Devils the year after they went to the finals.

That or he needs more money to pay his ex-wife alimony.

Requiem
06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Pens get the cup next year. Aftermath will endure a 50 game loss season for the Flyers and balance will be restored to the universe.

Baba Booey
06-29-2012, 06:42 PM
IF Brodeur leaves (still a huge if, I think he'll be back), I could see either Tampa or the Blackhawks like you mentioned.

His logic in testing the market is, in my opinion, to A. Determine his market value, and/or B. To give Lou a chance to lock up Parise, then see how much he can offer Marty.

We'll see. I think Marty stays, but Parise leaves. Even if both leave we'll survive.

canadianbroncosfan
06-30-2012, 01:28 AM
12 years, $104.4 mil. Good luck with that.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=636359&navid=DL|NHL|home

If he stays healthy worth every penny. He's no different than Manning in that sense.

canadianbroncosfan
06-30-2012, 01:30 AM

SRSLY?

As a goalie to be guaranteed a $6M avg for 10 years, good on him.

Beantown Bronco
06-30-2012, 05:28 AM
If he stays healthy worth every penny. He's no different than Manning in that sense.

Exactly what I said earlier. But the Vegas odds on that one are kind of like successfully navigating an asteroid field.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2012, 10:59 AM
SRSLY?

As a goalie to be guaranteed a $6M avg for 10 years, good on him.

After an initial adjustment downwards, the cap is likely to rise every year by a few million. A 6m deal in 2012 is like 5m in 2014 and 4m in 2015 etc. By the middle of the contract, IF he is continuing to play at a super elite level, it will be an AWFUL deal for him. Awful. The Kings totally owned in this negotiation. Yes, there is security there, but hell it looks like Carey Price is going to get an even better deal.

Exactly what I said earlier. But the Vegas odds on that one are kind of like successfully navigating an asteroid field.

Actually, it really doesnt matter.

The Crosby deal is good for the Penguins, regardless. It's the exact same cap hit as the last deal, 8.7 million, even though the cap has gone up significantly since the last deal was signed and by the middle of this deal, the cap will likely be at 100m, so he'll be less than 10% of the cap. If he gets hurt (crosses fingers), they can just put him on LTIR and it won't count against the cap. Sure, the money will still be paid, but so what? With the new arena, the Penguins no longer have actual cash flow problems. And Ron Burkle is a billionaire. The exposure/marketing/merchanise money Crosby brings easily exceeds the value of hte salary just by itself.

Just as a matter of basic fairness he deserves it. There would be no Penguins without him. There would be no Cup, no Consol Energy Center, no nothing. They'd be playing in Kansas City at the Sprint Center in front of a bunch of goat ****ers, no one would re-sign there because its a dump and is known for nothing but BBQ sauce, meth, massively large pasty white women, the Chiefs and beastiality (and not necessarily in that order). The organization would end up as the new Islanders, except somehow less respectable and Lemieux would still be living in Sewickley, as he would be uncomfortable in Missery interacting with the likes of Bob. The avoidance of this scenario is worth the 104 million by itself.

24champ
06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Parise is going to get a giant contract. Too many teams with cap space, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 7-8.5 per year.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Parise is going to get a giant contract. Too many teams with cap space, wouldn't be surprised if he gets 7-8.5 per year.

Looks like our offer is 7.5m per year for "many years" from what I've read.

BTW, the re-signing of Niskanen means Martin is soon on his way out (5m savings), because we know the Penguins will sign or trade for one veteran defenseman (either Suter or someone else) and there are no open spots in the top six unless Martin is moved.

Letang-Orpik
Niskanen-???
Despres-Bortozzo/Strait/Engelland/Morrow/Dumoulin

OR

Letang-???
Niskanen-Orpik
Despres-Bortozzo/Strait/Engelland/Morrow/Dumoulin

Aftermath
06-30-2012, 03:03 PM
You're in denial....

Regardless of the players you acquired, you traded 2 players that pretty much enabled the Kings to win the cup. How is that not winning the trade?

The trades were not made to bring in all those young guys, it was first and foremost made to get your goalie. How did that work out? Since Hextal, the Flyers have made half ass efforts to get a franchise goalie.

Could have signed Richter or Cujo, took VBK. Could have traded for Hasek or Loungo, they don't. They could sign Suter, ZP, and clone Bobby Clarke and they still have a gapping hole in goal.

It worked out great for both teams, I didn't say one side won the trade or not, all I said is I would do the trade every time. And if you FORGOT, we only traded Richards to the Kings, and Carter to the Jackets. I'll take Schenn, Couturier, Voracek, Simmonds EVERYTIME over Richards, Carter.

Aftermath
06-30-2012, 03:08 PM
If Pens get Parise, I will be furious. Because then Homer is going to try and make up for it by going after Nash. I would love to add Bobby Ryan but I do not want Nash anywhere near the Flyers with that cap hit.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2012, 03:24 PM
If Pens get Parise, I will be furious. Because then Homer is going to try and make up for it by going after Nash. I would love to add Bobby Ryan but I do not want Nash anywhere near the Flyers with that cap hit.

I think Ryan will eventually be a Flyer. Just a matter of waiting Anaheim out (I'm hoping this does NOT happen, however, looking at it realistically, Anaheim can't salvage it anymore IMO). I would just sit and wait if I were Philly. Don't try to "match" anyone. They already have a terrific roster.

I'm not sure if Parise will be a Penguin. I know we are going to offer 7.5 to 8 (might be a bit much). If they don't get him, they'll sign P.A. Parenteau for less than half the cost and add a solid vet defenseman or two, via trade or FA.

We'll see.

If they do add Parise, the plan is probably to just eviscerate teams with the top two scoring lines, add one or two solid vet defensemen on very short term deals (and ship out Martin's 5m), but not really put actual cash in the defense outside of Letang's extension (maybe next year), because they can use the up and coming youngsters (Despres, Morrow, Dumoulin, Maata etc.) the next 3-4 years for peanuts.

EDIT: Looks like there may be something to Aftermath's fears there......Tim Pannacio suggests there is serious Flyer interest in Nash.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Take it with a huge grain of salt considering the source....but Eklund is claiming Parise to LA. Doan to PIT.

24champ
06-30-2012, 11:10 PM
Dennis Bernstein‏@DennisTFP

Text just received from NHL agent (not Newport Sports) saying Kings will be all in on Zach Parise 'want him very badly'. We'll see.

I don't know how reliable the fourth period is....but its got to be more reliable than Derpeklund...right?

24champ
06-30-2012, 11:23 PM
EDIT: Looks like there may be something to Aftermath's fears there......Tim Pannacio suggests there is serious Flyer interest in Nash.

Howson is asking for Schenn and Couturier for Nash/Cap Anchor is the rumor.

Hang up the phone Holmgren.

SoCalBronco
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I think Pittsburgh will end up with Doan and Allen. I think Minnesota will simply offer Parise too much money. Like 9-9.5m per year. PIT is coming in at 7.5 from what I read. I'm not sure what the Kings are coming in at, 24. I doubt its 9, though. I seriously doubt that. I think Suter will go to DET. I like Allen, he is very solid and defensively responsible. Benefit in Doan is it will likely be a 1 year deal or something given his age, so you don't lock up any long term money there. I know they are looking at Parenteau as well. He might get paid though, not sure I want to actually pay serious dollars for him. He is productive, though.

Beantown Bronco
07-01-2012, 07:42 AM
Actually, it really doesnt matter.

The Crosby deal is good for the Penguins, regardless. It's the exact same cap hit as the last deal, 8.7 million, even though the cap has gone up significantly since the last deal was signed and by the middle of this deal, the cap will likely be at 100m, so he'll be less than 10% of the cap. If he gets hurt (crosses fingers), they can just put him on LTIR and it won't count against the cap.

Long term IR doesn't apply in the situations he often finds himself in....missing big chunks of the season but not the entire season.

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
looks like brodeur is going to test free agency!

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
i wouldnt be surprised to see parise sign with penguins... holy crap what a powpleray that would be - parise, crosby, neal, letang, malkin

paperstacks1980
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
i think if the avs will sign anyone then it wil be alex semin... they still need a top sixer and he would be a good fit IMO

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Allegedly Sid has offered his captaincy to Parise if thats what it would take for him to come. I'm not sure this is true (I hope it ISNT true actually, Sid is OUR captain), but it would be extremely selfless gesture. Amazing. Hope Zach turns down that suggestion.

It seems Detroit is out for Parise. They were heading up to meet with him in Ontario but now they won't be for some reason.

Ray Whitney to Dallas.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Eklund suggesting Parise decided on Minnesota. Money must have been massive.

chadta
07-01-2012, 10:53 AM
Long term IR doesn't apply in the situations he often finds himself in....missing big chunks of the season but not the entire season.

Ummmm yeah it does

he only has to be out for 24 days or 10 games to go on LTIR

The problem with LTIR, is that his cap would still count in the summer, where you can be 10% over the cap anyhow, BUT crosby is an under 35 contract, so he could just retire if he so desired with no ill effects whatsoever to the pens.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Ummmm yeah it does

he only has to be out for 24 days or 10 games to go on LTIR

The problem with LTIR, is that his cap would still count in the summer, where you can be 10% over the cap anyhow, BUT crosby is an under 35 contract, so he could just retire if he so desired with no ill effects whatsoever to the pens.

All that is subject to change in about 12 months. He could retire, but if he feels he can still get healthy and play he can collect nearly 10 million a year from the Pens for a long time to just sit around and wait.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Have to amend that earlier statement. It's not that Detroit is not meeting with him anymore, its that no one is. Apparently 20 offers for Parise, so they cant accomodate everyone in person. Detroit has submitted a "big" offer.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I don't believe this...mainly because Hockey Insider is a notoriously bad source, but FWIW

Hockeyy Insiderr‏@HockeyyInsiderr

Source: "Parise was VERY impressed after chat with Crosby. He 100% wants to play with Sid. Talking to agent to get the deal done" #Pens

We'll see what happens. It would be super exciting if true (so long as that rumor about the captaincy changing as part of the deal to get Zach here is NOT true. That would be awful. Sid shouldnt have to give that up for this guy to come over. Sid is the captain. Period)

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Will be interesting to see what happens with Rick Nash, if Parise is getting this much action there might be a team out there who is going to miss out on Parenteau, Parise, Semin and Ryan who could take a really long hard look.

24champ
07-01-2012, 11:55 AM
I don't believe this...mainly because Hockey Insider is a notoriously bad source, but FWIW

Hockeyy Insiderr‏@HockeyyInsiderr

Source: "Parise was VERY impressed after chat with Crosby. He 100% wants to play with Sid. Talking to agent to get the deal done" #Pens

We'll see what happens. It would be super exciting if true (so long as that rumor about the captaincy changing as part of the deal to get Zach here is NOT true. That would be awful. Sid shouldnt have to give that up for this guy to come over. Sid is the captain. Period)

It's bunk.

Parise isn't deciding until Tuesday at the earliest per his agent. Apparently he's got more than 20 offers to sift through.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
McGuire and LeBrun are both now suggesting Parise to Pittsburgh.

Wow. Wonder if we can in fact pull it off.

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:01 PM
https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status...04566813736962 (https://twitter.com/RealKyper/statuses/219504566813736962)

"@tpanotchCSN: #Flyers indeed in big for Parise/Suter. Cap room apparently not an issue. Hearing offers could be as high as 12 yrs. 80M plus

WOW

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:08 PM
That Hockey Insider "source" is now claiming the deal is done with PIT and Parise.

I'm getting Bob/Warpaint Illustrated flashbacks. :)

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Incarcerated Bob is now also reporting Parise to Pittsburgh.

I'm going to wait for a credible source before I get excited and ask that 24champ return the Cup to me. :)

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:12 PM
Penner back in LA for a 1 year 3 million plus deal.

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:20 PM
Incarcerated Bob is now also reporting Parise to Pittsburgh.

I'm going to wait for a credible source before I get excited and ask that 24champ return the Cup to me. :)

Kings will repeat.

Penner signing probably puts us out of the Parise running. I am curious to see what kind of outrageous contract Parise gets.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:22 PM
Kings will repeat.

We'll see, dude. They'll be really hard to beat 4 times in a 7 game series if Quick keeps playing the way he is.

Course...if PIT signs Parise and adds a decent defenseman (Allen), Quick could get pulled 9 mins into Game 1 of the Finals. !Booya!

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:25 PM
We'll see, dude. They'll be really hard to beat 4 times in a 7 game series if Quick keeps playing the way he is.

Course...if PIT signs Parise and adds a decent defenseman (Allen), Quick could get pulled 9 mins into Game 1 of the Finals. !Booya!

Only to rest him for game 2, when Flower gets blown out like he did vs the Flyers. Be interesting to see how he comes back this coming season from that embarrassment.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Only to rest him for game 2, when Flower gets blown out like he did vs the Flyers. Be interesting to see how he comes back this coming season from that embarrassment.

He had a very rough series after a great season. I'm also interested to see how he plays next year. They got Vokoun to back him up and push him a little if needed. We'll see. IMO, the bigger issue is the defense. If they could get Allen or somehow Suter, that would be a big help. They have alot of talented defensemen in the system coming up in the next few years so that may help also.

Baba Booey
07-01-2012, 12:35 PM
Honestly, if Parise signs elsewhere all it proves to me is that he's a follower, not a leader, and in that case I don't want him here as our captain anyway.

Life will go on. Gomez, Rafalski, Martin, Niedermayer, now Parise. The Devils will find a way to be competitive, bet on it.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Honestly, if Parise signs elsewhere all it proves to me is that he's a follower, not a leader, and in that case I don't want him here as our captain anyway.

Life will go on. Gomez, Rafalski, Martin, Niedermayer, now Parise. The Devils will find a way to be competitive, bet on it.

They always have been under Lou and I suspect that will continue no matter who stays and who leaves on that team.

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:40 PM
capgeek:
#LAKings have full 23-man roster signed for $61.5M, leaving $8.6M free. http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=17 [via Twitter]

A full roster returning to defend the Cup title for only 61.5 million. I like. :strong:

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 12:53 PM
Eklund is insinuating we've made a massive offer to Parise, which possibly exceeds what Sid's deal was.

That would be alot of money.

24champ
07-01-2012, 12:54 PM
They always have been under Lou and I suspect that will continue no matter who stays and who leaves on that team.

How would you feel if Parise's contract is bigger than Crosby's?

at some point…very soon if not already…Parise's offers will eclipse the Crosby contract…How could the Pens do that?

Per Derp Eklund

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 01:03 PM
Yeah I mentioned that above, 24. Looks like the market forces are getting out of control. I know what the strategy is....load up on super offensive talent and draft alot of defenseman high in the draft so you can use the money on offense and still get good D play with the draft picks for peanuts until they become UFA/RFA. That's what Shero's plan is.

As for the contract, I would like Sid and Geno to be making 8.7 and thats the top, but I guess it will require more to get Zach. I'd prefer ot keep it within 7 and 8, seems like it might require 9. Thats alot. I trust Shero, but that is alot of cash. I dont think Sid minds, he just wants to win. They can make this work if some of those D-Men in the system pan out and basically play for free for a few years. IMO, I wouldn't go above 8 flat for Zach, I'd prefer 7.5, but teams like MIN can offer 10 if they wanted to, thats what hte problem is.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 01:07 PM
Allegedly DET is making a big offer to CLB for Nash. That suggests Parise is down to MIN and PIT and perhaps a few others.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 01:14 PM
One of the Penguins back up plans...P.A. Parenteau is off the market. 4/16 with Colorado...AAV 4.0. Wow the market is out of control. That's alot for him.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 01:25 PM
One of the Penguins back up plans...P.A. Parenteau is off the market. 4/16 with Colorado...AAV 4.0. Wow the market is out of control. That's alot for him.

About what was expected, less than the Leino deal and he has produced more consistently than Leino. 3 to 3.5 would probably have been more reasonable, but 4 million doesn't go as far as it used to, as demonstrated by the Ray Whitney and Dennis Wideman deals.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 01:29 PM
Allegedly DET is making a big offer to CLB for Nash. That suggests Parise is down to MIN and PIT and perhaps a few others.

Supposedly Philly is out of the Nash race but have made big offers to Suter and Parise.

Carolina is going hard for Nash as well, but have also made offers to Parise and Suter.

24champ
07-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Wonder of Parise will do a TSN/ESPN special on where he's taking his talents.

24champ
07-01-2012, 03:06 PM

It's not a bad deal for Colorado. They got tons of cap space. Parenteau will be a good winger for them.

24champ
07-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Supposedly Philly is out of the Nash race but have made big offers to Suter and Parise.

Carolina is going hard for Nash as well, but have also made offers to Parise and Suter.

Carolina is out of the running.

It's probably down to Philly, Pitt, Minn, and Detroit.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 03:14 PM
It's not a bad deal for Colorado. They got tons of cap space. Parenteau will be a good winger for them.

I am wondering who they will switch to LW, with Hejduk, Downie, Parenteau and Jones all at RW and only Landeskog at LW. Not a bad top 7 with Duchesne and Stastny in the middle - if only they can find some defense and goaltending.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
ARGH! FML - the Red Wings sign Mikael Samuelson to a 2 year deal - really Kenny? we needed a 40 point scorer who couldn't hit the side of a barn? 3 million per year and full no trade clause? does this guy have some really hot man-love pictures of Kenny Holland or Mike Illitch?

Baba Booey
07-01-2012, 03:30 PM
Per Bob Mckenzie, Parise's shortlist (in simple alphabetical order); decision expected tomorrow:

Devils
Flyers
Pens
Red Wings
Wild

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Allen to Anaheim.Dammit I wanted him.

Aftermath
07-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I was hoping we could get Garrison to replace Carle. Bummer. He signed for less to join his hometown Canucks.

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Philly has apparently made an offer of 13 years/100+ million to both Parise and Suter. Apparently, Pittsburgh's offer is not in that stratosphere. I'm fine with that. I'm not in favor of Shero getting into an unending bidding war with Homer. I bet our offer is prolly around 10 years/75-80mill. That's a very good offer, no need to keep going higher and higher and we don't need to get into the 100+ territory. Seems PHI and MIN are the only two teams to go over 100m from what I've read.

I really wanted Allen. He only got 3.5 AAV. We could have swapped Martin for him and saved 1.5m.

24champ
07-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Philly has apparently made an offer of 13 years/100+ million to both Parise and Suter. Apparently, Pittsburgh's offer is not in that stratosphere. I'm fine with that. I'm not in favor of Shero getting into an unending bidding war with Homer. I bet our offer is prolly around 10 years/75-80mill. That's a very good offer, no need to keep going higher and higher and we don't need to get into the 100+ territory. Seems PHI and MIN are the only two teams to go over 100m from what I've read.

I really wanted Allen. He only got 3.5 AAV. We could have swapped Martin for him and saved 1.5m.

Philly's offer is in the range of 12 years 110 million.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xw775VHO1ro2qi2.gif

SoCalBronco
07-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Philly's offer is in the range of 12 years 110 million.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2xw775VHO1ro2qi2.gif

Yeah...that's alot of money and the AAV is a little over 9. Ofcourse, there's a mod on the Minnesota HF board that apparently has some "cred" who is suggesting that the 3 finalists are NJ, PIT and MIN, so maybe he turned down that mega-offer.

Basically, its impossible to believe anything at this point.

gyldenlove
07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah...that's alot of money and the AAV is a little over 9. Ofcourse, there's a mod on the Minnesota HF board that apparently has some "cred" who is suggesting that the 3 finalists are NJ, PIT and MIN, so maybe he turned down that mega-offer.

I don't think there are any credible sources out there. We know it is down to a final list of teams and he will sleep on it - predictions are his decision will be made official some time tomorrow noonish or early afternoon and Suter will most likely make his call some time after that. Carle is waiting out Suter to see what the market is and Doan is waiting for July 9 before he commits.

Requiem
07-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Nobody wants to play for the Flyers.

chadta
07-02-2012, 07:57 AM

the rumor on the flyer board is that the offers are both very very heavily front loaded, like 28 mil in the first 2 years or something stupid like that

to be honest, i dont want either, and i would love for parise to go to pissburg, as long as they have the human sieve in net and 6 schmucks on D im not sure they could get enough firepower to stay in games and stay under the cap.

I want webber next year, thats who i want, would have liked prust this year, ill be ok with ryan as long as he dont cost much, and if homer waits he wont.

want no part of nash, or doan, or jbo whos name came up

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Brodeur stayed in NJ, apparently had a couple of offers for 2 year deals and NJ hopped in and matched - he states he wanted to stay if it was possible. I think he made the right choice, he will retire with the most wins and shutouts and all for 1 team.

bronco militia
07-02-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't get the Pens love for Parise.....maybe they think he can teach their forwards how to back check?

;D

maher_tyler
07-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Looks like the Avs made a solid signing. I think most Avs fans knew we weren't going to breaking the bank on anyone. Even though we're hardly above the cap floor. Hopefully Varly can start the season like he finished this last one. Started out pretty rough for us last year. Luckily we had some good play from Giggy. I'll be a little disappointed by not entirely surprised if we take a a few steps back from last year. I'm not a huge fan of Sacco..hopefully he proves me wrong.

The main thing i want to see for this up coming season is huge strides from Duchene..its time for him to really step up and start scoring on a regular basis. Last year was a bit of a disappointment, i'll give him a bit of a break due to the injuries. However, I'm expecting bigger things from him this year. 70+ points isn't asking to much imo.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Looks like the Avs made a solid signing. I think most Avs fans knew we weren't going to breaking the bank on anyone. Even though we're hardly above the cap floor. Hopefully Varly can start the season like he finished this last one. Started out pretty rough for us last year. Luckily we had some good play from Giggy. I'll be a little disappointed by not entirely surprised if we take a a few steps back from last year. I'm not a huge fan of Sacco..hopefully he proves me wrong.

The main thing i want to see for this up coming season is huge strides from Duchene..its time for him to really step up and start scoring on a regular basis. Last year was a bit of a disappointment, i'll give him a bit of a break due to the injuries. However, I'm expecting bigger things from him this year. 70+ points isn't asking to much imo.

I would have more faith in the Avs if they didn't have Sacco behind the bench.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 09:15 AM
The Suter running is being whittled down, Carolina amongst other teams being notified they are out of it.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2012, 09:21 AM
ARGH! FML - the Red Wings sign Mikael Samuelson to a 2 year deal - really Kenny? we needed a 40 point scorer who couldn't hit the side of a barn? 3 million per year and full no trade clause? does this guy have some really hot man-love pictures of Kenny Holland or Mike Illitch?

I'm ok with Sammy, who will likely be a replacement for Hudler. He can play the point on the PP and is a lot more dependable defensively (and grittier than hudler) than hudler is, and at 3 mil, that's a decent cap number. He'll also be on a shorter deal than Hudler, in all probability. Assuming we get a top6 fwd before it's all said and done, I'm ok with Sammy coming back.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm ok with Sammy, who will likely be a replacement for Hudler. He can play the point on the PP and is a lot more dependable defensively (and grittier than hudler) than hudler is, and at 3 mil, that's a decent cap number. He'll also be on a shorter deal than Hudler, in all probability. Assuming we get a top6 fwd before it's all said and done, I'm ok with Sammy coming back.

It is not so much this year I am worried about, but next year. I would really like Tatar or Nyquist to step into the top 6 but that requires them getting some meaningful minutes in their rookie years and with Samuelson there to eat up PP minutes and flex between the 2nd and 3rd lines that will be difficult for them to get. My worry is that they get dumped in a 4th line rotation with Mursak, Miller and Tootoo playing wing for Abdelkader - which will stunt their development.

maher_tyler
07-02-2012, 09:38 AM
I would have more faith in the Avs if they didn't have Sacco behind the bench.

I wasn't happy when i found out he got an extension...not sure how many seasons of missing the playoffs before they realize that maybe its the coach. Other than the fluke season and good play from Anderson...we haven't made the playoffs. I can't blame Sacco completely. Some of the players on the team need to step up. Duchene, Stastny, Johnson to name a few. Hejduk is on his last leg and is there mainly for the vet leadership..he is done after this year so we need some one to take on the "C". I'm thinking it'll be O'Reilly. Hoping to see McGuinn grow off of what he did last year. Would also like to see Mueller play the way he did before he took that cheap shot from Blake. Didn't look like the same guy last year when he finally came back. We have the talent but i'm not sure we have the right coach to get the best play from the players we have.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2012, 09:47 AM
It is not so much this year I am worried about, but next year. I would really like Tatar or Nyquist to step into the top 6 but that requires them getting some meaningful minutes in their rookie years and with Samuelson there to eat up PP minutes and flex between the 2nd and 3rd lines that will be difficult for them to get. My worry is that they get dumped in a 4th line rotation with Mursak, Miller and Tootoo playing wing for Abdelkader - which will stunt their development.

Holland's got a boat load of forwards signed, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him unload a guy like tatar/nyquist and maybe even filppula, abdelkader or mule for a guy like ryan or rick nash. sammy can do well on a 3rd line and is a right handed shot, which we've needed. but yeah, we've got a crop of youth at f that we've gotta find out about at some point.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Holland's got a boat load of forwards signed, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him unload a guy like tatar/nyquist and maybe even filppula, abdelkader or mule for a guy like ryan or rick nash. sammy can do well on a 3rd line and is a right handed shot, which we've needed. but yeah, we've got a crop of youth at f that we've gotta find out about at some point.

Rumors are we are in on the Nash market. It is not clear that the BJs would want Flip, but a package with Nyquist, Helm, Smith and 2 1st rounders might do it.

The Ducks want a 2nd line center in any deal for Bobby Ryan, so that would be Flip plus a guy like Tatar or Nyquist and some picks.

SoCalBronco
07-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Allegedly Chicago is now in the final 2 or 3 even tho they were never in the discussion until today. Yeah...that makes sense. I'm getting tired of this ****

DivineLegion
07-02-2012, 12:34 PM
The Suter running is being whittled down, Carolina amongst other teams being notified they are out of it.

Really? My buddy at the N&O says they are hearing that Suter is deciding between Carolina, and Detroit.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Really? My buddy at the N&O says they are hearing that Suter is deciding between Carolina, and Detroit.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Additional teams being told they're out of Ryan Suter running. Carolina Hurricanes were told a short while ago.

3 hours ago. May not be true, but I bet this is where Gyld is coming from.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2012, 12:38 PM
Jiri Hudler agrees with Calgary:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Jiri Hudler agrees to 4 year, $16 million contract with Calgary Flames. 4yrs x $4 mil.

So long, shorty!

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 12:39 PM

I have heard so many things, if it is not TSN I don't buy it.

Jiri Hudler signed the same deal PA Parenteau did, 4 years 16 million with Calgary.

DivineLegion
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
I have heard so many things, if it is not TSN I don't buy it.

Jiri Hudler signed the same deal PA Parenteau did, 4 years 16 million with Calgary.

I just got a text back that said they dropped out, but are interested on Carl.

Requiem
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Allegedly Chicago is now in the final 2 or 3 even tho they were never in the discussion until today. Yeah...that makes sense. I'm getting tired of this ****

If we don't get anybody good. . . I am gonna root for the Florida Panthers!

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 12:46 PM
If we don't get anybody good. . . I am gonna root for the Florida Panthers!

The Panthers are still talking to Vancouver about Luongo, but price is apparently too high right now.

24champ
07-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Jiri Hudler agrees with Calgary:

So long, shorty!

Good god, what is Feaster doing in Calgary? He's right up there with idiot Howson of Columbus. Calgary now has the second highest payroll in the league, amassing a crop of overrated, overpriced wingers, when they need a center. Hilarious!

24champ
07-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Parise to talk to reporters soon.

Requiem
07-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Parise better choose the Penguins. HE BETTER. I MEAN IT. I WILL GO INSANE.

Requiem
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
24champ, link me to wherever you are getting fast information.

24champ
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
24champ, link me to wherever you are getting fast information.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1222401&page=30

Latest is that there will be a presser at 5pm eastern. Lot of folks saying it is Pittsburgh.

SouthStndJunkie
07-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Ryan Suter is at the top of my wish list for the Red Wings.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Parise is apparently going home tomorrow to discuss with his family, he won't say which teams are in it, but Devils are thought to be in the running.

SoCalBronco
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
Sid needs to threaten to erase his Zach ankle tattoo if this **** continues.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Ott and Pardy traded to Buffalo for Derek Roy.

Not quite sure that is a good deal for Buffalo, sending a top 6 centerman for a 40 point winger and a depth defenseman.

Aftermath
07-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Ott and Pardy traded to Buffalo for Derek Roy.

Not quite sure that is a good deal for Buffalo, sending a top 6 centerman for a 40 point winger and a depth defenseman.

Hell no its not a good deal for Buffalo, they got fleeced.

gyldenlove
07-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Well, apparently neither Parise nor Suter have learned how to make a decision so we will see tomorrow if anything happens.

BroncosSR
07-03-2012, 05:51 AM
As much as I'd like to see Parise/Suter in a Flyers uniform, I won't be too terribly upset if it doesn't happen because of the commitment needed to get them. Parise is a very good hockey player but I just don't know if he's worth the 10-12 years at the price to get him. Same with Suter. Nowadays, you simply have to overpay free agents to lure them to your team.

I might regret saying this but I'd rather overpay Carle at 5.5/6 for 4 years than either Parise/Suter for 10.

Move on Homer.

SoCalBronco
07-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I think parise will stay with nj. Apparently they made their offer more competitive and in line with some of the others. I think he was just using all these teams to force Lou to give him a good deal to stay.

24champ
07-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Avalanche extend Erik Johnson for four years at a 3.75 million dollar cap hit.

I think that is the best contract I have seen this off-season. Especially when the Flames signed Wideman to a ludicrous 5.25 cap hit. ( IMO Flames are having the worst offseason by a mile.)

gyldenlove
07-03-2012, 11:08 AM
Avalanche extend Erik Johnson for four years at a 3.75 million dollar cap hit.

I think that is the best contract I have seen this off-season. Especially when the Flames signed Wideman to a ludicrous 5.25 cap hit. ( IMO Flames are having the worst offseason by a mile.)

Very reasonable deal, gives both sides something to work for. The deal is big enough to keep some pressure on Johnson without slotting him as a number 1 back and 4 years means he gets another shot at a huge payday so he has something to work for. The Avs have been having a solid offseason so far, if only they would get a better coach.

gyldenlove
07-03-2012, 11:11 AM
I think parise will stay with nj. Apparently they made their offer more competitive and in line with some of the others. I think he was just using all these teams to force Lou to give him a good deal to stay.

I think it is down to Minny, Pittsburgh and NJ. He is from Minnesota and this may be his one chance to come home and play, the next time he moves will be a trade and he will have less control in that situation. Pittsburgh is strong because it is the best situation for him, he would get a top center to play with and a young team, in NJ Brodeur is on his very last legs, the ownership situation is still iffy and he has seen what happens to that team when Brodeur is not playing like a first ballot hall of famer, but Parise is a loyal guy and a leader on the team and may feel it is his duty to stay.

maher_tyler
07-03-2012, 11:26 AM
I think it is down to Minny, Pittsburgh and NJ. He is from Minnesota and this may be his one chance to come home and play, the next time he moves will be a trade and he will have less control in that situation. Pittsburgh is strong because it is the best situation for him, he would get a top center to play with and a young team, in NJ Brodeur is on his very last legs, the ownership situation is still iffy and he has seen what happens to that team when Brodeur is not playing like a first ballot hall of famer, but Parise is a loyal guy and a leader on the team and may feel it is his duty to stay.

I really don't want him to go to the Wild. I'm from North Dakota and a Sioux fan. So i'd hate to have to root against him. His best chance at a cup would be in Pittsburg imo.

I also like the moves the Avs are making other than the extension at HC!

24champ
07-03-2012, 11:39 AM
Very reasonable deal, gives both sides something to work for. The deal is big enough to keep some pressure on Johnson without slotting him as a number 1 back and 4 years means he gets another shot at a huge payday so he has something to work for. The Avs have been having a solid offseason so far, if only they would get a better coach.

I agree the Avs are having a very good offseason, as for their HC situation... I would assume their GM saw that there was no clear upgrade available. Look around the league and there wasn't any good hires, IMO. Lot of them were recycled hires, in-house hires, coaches with zero NHL HC experience.

gyldenlove
07-03-2012, 11:50 AM
I agree the Avs are having a very good offseason, as for their HC situation... I would assume their GM saw that there was no clear upgrade available. Look around the league and there wasn't any good hires, IMO. Lot of them were recycled hires, in-house hires, coaches with zero NHL HC experience.

I just don't feel that Sacco is a good coach for a young team - I would have prefered to get an older guy with a system who can bring some stability to the team that will give the young guys like Duchene, Landeskog etc some time to grow into true top 3 forwards and then in 2 years you go to market again looking for the guy who can bring the cup home.

Smiling Assassin27
07-03-2012, 02:47 PM
Jagr signs a one year deal with...

The Dallas Stars- $4.5 million

Smiling Assassin27
07-03-2012, 02:48 PM
Taylor Pyatt signs a 2 year deal with NY Rangers.

24champ
07-03-2012, 03:54 PM

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7953/jagrdallas.jpg

chadta
07-03-2012, 05:24 PM

I was bitching about him not being worth the 3 mil we paid him last year, WOW, good for him, im glad it wasnt the flyers that gave him that deal tho

gyldenlove
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I was b****ing about him not being worth the 3 mil we paid him last year, WOW, good for him, im glad it wasnt the flyers that gave him that deal tho

4.5 is a lot, they must really be banking on him returning to 65+ points.

The Dallas forwards look decent, but some real age and injury concerns with Jagr and Whitney bringing the age and Morrow and Roy both having missed time recently and Michael Ryder not able to decide if he is a 40 or 60 point guy - it could really go either way.

24champ
07-03-2012, 06:01 PM
Predicting the stars will be the worst team in the Pacific Division. Too old and too many medical concerns against others in the division who are just as good and younger with more depth.

gyldenlove
07-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Predicting the stars will be the worst team in the Pacific Division. Too old and too many medical concerns against others in the division who are just as good and younger with more depth.

I do not like Anaheim in that division at all, they have 0 forward depth and Hiller is a vertigo attack away from them getting a high lottery pick.

Aftermath
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
I really hope the Flyers get Bobby Ryan instead of Parise. Now we have to wait on him and Suter before we can do anything else. But, damn Homer is ridiculous, he's got his head in every situation(Nash/Ryan/Parise/Suter/Etc).

SoCalBronco
07-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Some reports suggesting Parise is waiting on Suter and has invited him to his Minnesota home for 4th of July for "discussions". The idea is Parise will go to Minnesota if Suter agrees to the same. If Suter chooses Detroit, then Parise to Pittsburgh.

I'm not sure I believe this, as I think Lou-cifer has exerted enough pressure and NJ upped the ante enough that I think he'll stay there. Hopefully this will be resolved tomorrow or Thursday at latest.

gyldenlove
07-04-2012, 09:13 AM
Wow, Suter going to Minnesota and Parise probably following him or returning to NJ - Detroit and Pittsburgh have been told they are no longer in the running for Parise.

Parise also to Minnesota.

gyldenlove
07-04-2012, 09:22 AM
I guess this means Detroit, Carolina, Pittsburgh, NJ and Philly will be looking long and hard at Semin and Doan or consider trading for Hemsky, Ryan and Nash.

These 2 deals will put Minnesota right up against the cap ceiling, with a cap drop next year that could leave them unable to resign Backstrom and Bouchard or maybe force another Heatley trade.

Wonder if any teams are going to try to make a run at Weber.

BroncosSR
07-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Looks like both deals done. Wild win the Suter/Parise sweepstakes.

24champ
07-04-2012, 10:08 AM
The West got a lot tougher. Minnesota got the two biggest fishes in the FA pond. Now we can move on and watch teams overpay through trades etc.

I guess this means Detroit, Carolina, Pittsburgh, NJ and Philly will be looking long and hard at Semin and Doan or consider trading for Hemsky, Ryan and Nash.

These 2 deals will put Minnesota right up against the cap ceiling, with a cap drop next year that could leave them unable to resign Backstrom and Bouchard or maybe force another Heatley trade.

Wonder if any teams are going to try to make a run at Weber.

I would think the Wild will be fine, cap wise. They have a lot of money coming off the books next year, and they will have a ton of cap space.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/cap-central/team.php?team=MIN

19 mllion in cap space prior to signing Parise/Suter.

24champ
07-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Per Pierre Lebrun courtesy TSN.ca

1 hour ago

"Real_ESPNLeBrun: I mentioned this July 1, but worth repeating: if Shane Doan has to leave Phoenix (he hopes not), the Kings will be very aggressive bidders"