PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Congrats 24.

BroncoLifer
05-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not a Sacco fan, but ultimately he's not the problem. Talent level is. When they're playing his style which is fun to watch...they win. They just haven't given the consistent effort. It's part of a young team's growth pattern. Ask the resident gimp (read:Kings fan) and he'll be able to tell you all about it.

I don't mean to say Sacco doesn't get out-coached sometimes...I just think he gets too much of the blame. They also don't spend money anymore. But I am completely buying their waiting until the next CBA deal to throw any money around. They got completely screwed last time. They had to gut their team.

Do you buy the idea that Kroenke is a basketball guy and just isn't into hockey? That sure seems to be the consensus over at hfboards.

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Philly is in serious trouble. NJ's forecheck was unreal in this game.

Requiem
05-06-2012, 07:14 PM
**** Philly. :)

chadta
05-06-2012, 07:16 PM
wow, now i know how the alk and socal felt last round, what a pathetic effort, im not even sure if im going to bother watching tuesday, 22 shots ? really ? id bet 5 or 6 of them where dump ins that just happened to go on net

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 07:23 PM
wow, now i know how the alk and socal felt last round, what a pathetic effort, im not even sure if im going to bother watching tuesday, 22 shots ? really ? id bet 5 or 6 of them where dump ins that just happened to go on net

I'm very surprised by this series. Bryzgalov actually played an amazing game as this could have been like 6-2 or 7-2. I'm not sure what you guys problem is but if PHI is to survive they have to figure out that forecheck NJ is using. Don't remember NJ being this aggressive in the forecheck for a long time. Too used to seeing 1-2-2 Trap. I guess its a matchup thing kind of like our series.

chadta
05-07-2012, 03:53 AM
I'm very surprised by this series. Bryzgalov actually played an amazing game as this could have been like 6-2 or 7-2. I'm not sure what you guys problem is but if PHI is to survive they have to figure out that forecheck NJ is using. Don't remember NJ being this aggressive in the forecheck for a long time. Too used to seeing 1-2-2 Trap. I guess its a matchup thing kind of like our series.

Its like jersey has 6 guys on the ice at all times, they send 2 in hard, but still manage to get 4 back into the neutral zone and slow us down, we dump in in and brodeur just plays it to the D, i dont think we have more then a few hits on the devils D men while ours are getting the snot beat out of them.

They just want it more, they win all the puck battles, and they dont cough it up, philly hardly ever gets any sustained pressure, by the time they get to the red line they dump it an go for a line change, not sure what the answer is, but they better find it fast.

Pendejo
05-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Do you buy the idea that Kroenke is a basketball guy and just isn't into hockey? That sure seems to be the consensus over at hfboards.

His son runs the Nuggets/Avs now due to Stan buying the Rams. I don't think he's just a basketball guy, and is ignoring the Avs but I can understand why people speculate as to that being the case.

This article cast some insight.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_20443492/josh-kroenke-gives-his-view-state-avs

I honestly think they've been reticent to throw money around because they are indeed committed to building another strong core through the draft...then adding it to it later. Add to that the uncertainty of even having another season/what happened last time and it's completely understandable why they haven't made a bigger splash in free agency. I feel like Kroenke has spent when asked to in the past, so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Look at them up the middle already with Stastny, O'Reilly, and Duchene. Landeskog looked like a vet at 19, after a rough patch Varlamov was outstanding, and they've done a decent job of rebuilding their blueline on the fly. Johnson was for the most part outstanding last year. I think there are a lot of bright spots both with the Avs, and coming up the pike. We'd definitely be seeing Hishon this year if he didn't get his brain scrambled by a cheap shot. Hfboards is great, but tends to be a bit negative unless a fan of another team attacks the Avs.

maher_tyler
05-07-2012, 10:36 AM
His son runs the Nuggets/Avs now due to Stan buying the Rams. I don't think he's just a basketball guy, and is ignoring the Avs but I can understand why people speculate as to that being the case.

This article cast some insight.

http://www.denverpost.com/avalanche/ci_20443492/josh-kroenke-gives-his-view-state-avs

I honestly think they've been reticent to throw money around because they are indeed committed to building another strong core through the draft...then adding it to it later. Add to that the uncertainty of even having another season/what happened last time and it's completely understandable why they haven't made a bigger splash in free agency. I feel like Kroenke has spent when asked to in the past, so I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Look at them up the middle already with Stastny, O'Reilly, and Duchene. Landeskog looked like a vet at 19, after a rough patch Varlamov was outstanding, and they've done a decent job of rebuilding their blueline on the fly. Johnson was for the most part outstanding last year. I think there are a lot of bright spots both with the Avs, and coming up the pike. We'd definitely be seeing Hishon this year if he didn't get his brain scrambled by a cheap shot. Hfboards is great, but tends to be a bit negative unless a fan of another team attacks the Avs.

This post contradicts your previous post where you stated the team lacks talent. Which is false. This team has talent at every position. I'm not sure what you saw in this team that was so exciting. We lost to the worst team in Hockey twice down the stretch when we needed a win the most. Dump and chase is a pillar with Sacco as well. Not going to win consistantly doing that, not in the NHL anyway. The good teams usually always carry the puck into the offensive zone. There have been games where we don't even look like we want to be on the ice. His first year was a complete fluke. We've missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. You say we lack talent, i say we lack coaching and a good FO! Look at how many teams in this years playoffs had/have former Avalanche players on them! Almost all of them had/have at least 1 former Avs player. We usually make stupid trades like the Liles trade. Or let Brunette walk and bring in a guy like Darcy Tucker a few years ago..are you kidding me?? We played like **** against our own division and to put icing on the cake, we get embarrassed in our last 2 homes games of the year. I like that we have a young core of players, i just don't have the confidence you do in this coaching staff to coach them up.

Pendejo
05-07-2012, 11:57 AM
This post contradicts your previous post where you stated the team lacks talent. Which is false. This team has talent at every position. I'm not sure what you saw in this team that was so exciting. We lost to the worst team in Hockey twice down the stretch when we needed a win the most. Dump and chase is a pillar with Sacco as well. Not going to win consistantly doing that, not in the NHL anyway. The good teams usually always carry the puck into the offensive zone. There have been games where we don't even look like we want to be on the ice. His first year was a complete fluke. We've missed the playoffs 2 years in a row. You say we lack talent, i say we lack coaching and a good FO! Look at how many teams in this years playoffs had/have former Avalanche players on them! Almost all of them had/have at least 1 former Avs player. We usually make stupid trades like the Liles trade. Or let Brunette walk and bring in a guy like Darcy Tucker a few years ago..are you kidding me?? We played like **** against our own division and to put icing on the cake, we get embarrassed in our last 2 homes games of the year. I like that we have a young core of players, i just don't have the confidence you do in this coaching staff to coach them up.

I didn't see any contradiction. I like their core players, but after that there's not that much. Do you like the scoring depth they have on the wings?

maher_tyler
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
I didn't see any contradiction. I like their core players, but after that there's not that much. Do you like the scoring depth they have on the wings?

Hopefully Mueller can return to form. Jones disappointed. I like what I saw out of McGinn and Downie. McClement does a decent job for a 3rd/4th line center. I couldn't careless if I never saw Kobasew or O'byrne in an Avs uniform again! Not a huge fan of McLeod either. I did like what I saw in the 2nd half of the year out of Johnson. Made it seem like we got the better end of that trade. Varly also played much better in the 2nd half, which was a big reason for our push.

Overall, there were only 3 players that I would consider below average on the team. I feel like with better coaching we could have been a playoff team. The Blue Jacket games were prime examples of bad coaching. Watch the playoff teams...they rarely dump and chase..usually if they dump in they're going for a line change.

The front office needs a kick in the ass as well. We could have used Hendricks, Fleishmann and Liles this past year.

24champ
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Congrats to the 'Yotes.

LA Kings vs Phoenix Coyotes WCF. Should be a great battle of the goalies...Quick vs Smith.

Dutch
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Congrats to the Coyotes! Big night for them: heading to their first conference finals, and a preliminary agreement to approve the purchase of the team by a quality owners group with hockey experience.

Dutch
05-07-2012, 09:57 PM
Congrats to the 'Yotes.

LA Kings vs Phoenix Coyotes WCF. Should be a great battle of the goalies...Quick vs Smith.

Should be a great goaltender battle, no doubt. I'll be routing for the winner of this series to take home The Cup. (Sorry 24, but I'll be routing for the 'Yotes to be that team. My folks live in Phoenix and have been looooooong suffering fans.) I'm also very happy for Shane Doan. Dude has been waiting for a very long time for this and has been nothing but a class act as the face of the franchise.

24champ
05-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Should be a great goaltender battle, no doubt. I'll be routing for the winner of this series to take home The Cup. (Sorry 24, but I'll be routing for the 'Yotes to be that team. My folks live in Phoenix and have been looooooong suffering fans.) I'm also very happy for Shane Doan. Dude has been waiting for a very long time for this and has been nothing but a class act as the face of the franchise.

Yeah it was nice to see Doan talk about finally having success with the Coyotes. He's been nothing but a warrior for them during a lot of tough years and ownership issues.

It's going to be a good entertaining series, I know a lot of King fans will travel to Jobbing arena since going to a game there is cheaper than going to Staples.

Ray Finkle
05-08-2012, 04:37 AM
Suck it DC!

Wearing my Callahan Jersey everywhere today.....except for when I am coaching...in DC this afternoon.

bronco militia
05-08-2012, 06:47 AM
the Rangers/Caps series has been awesome.....

maher_tyler
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
Yeah it was nice to see Doan talk about finally having success with the Coyotes. He's been nothing but a warrior for them during a lot of tough years and ownership issues.

It's going to be a good entertaining series, I know a lot of King fans will travel to Jobbing arena since going to a game there is cheaper than going to Staples.

Hopefully now that the Yotes have made it this far, the fans will wake up and go to the games. I'm talking about the ones that put their tickets up for sale on stubhub. Last nights game was an example of what that place can be if they can consistently win games and get deep into the playoffs. Though with LA being so close, i see quite a few Kings fans..sorta like the Chicago series.

Btw, go Yotes :sunshine:

LetsGoBroncos
05-08-2012, 08:55 AM
Hopefully now that the Yotes have made it this far, the fans will wake up and go to the games. I'm talking about the ones that put their tickets up for sale on stubhub. Last nights game was an example of what that place can be if they can consistently win games and get deep into the playoffs. Though with LA being so close, i see quite a few Kings fans..sorta like the Chicago series.

Btw, go Yotes :sunshine:

I'll be shocked if there are near as many L.A. fans as Chicago fans. I bet around 700 or so each game

SoCalBronco
05-08-2012, 07:07 PM
NJ wins Game 5 3-1 to close out the series over PHI, 4 games to 1.

Very, very surprising series result. NJ played very well this series, though.

24champ
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
Sucks, no potential Kings-Flyers final.

Oh well, lets go Rags!

Baba Booey
05-08-2012, 08:11 PM
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/kovalchukgame5.jpg

Bring on whoever

SoCalBronco
05-12-2012, 07:07 PM
The Rangers defeat the Caps 2-1 in Game 7.

chadta
05-12-2012, 07:11 PM
The Rangers defeat the Caps 2-1 in Game 7.

So is the NHL happy that its got LA and NY still playing, or is it pissed off that it has the potential for a Phoenix Jersey cup final that nobody would watch, that would do nothing to assure more then 5000 people go to games in either city next October.

Who would have said a month ago that the LA kings would be the most offensive team left in the playoffs by the time we got to the final four.

SoCalBronco
05-12-2012, 07:19 PM
So is the NHL happy that its got LA and NY still playing, or is it pissed off that it has the potential for a Phoenix Jersey cup final that nobody would watch, that would do nothing to assure more then 5000 people go to games in either city next October.

Who would have said a month ago that the LA kings would be the most offensive team left in the playoffs by the time we got to the final four.

Personally, I'm just happy we dont have a Philly-Washington ECF. That would have been the worst thing ever. I would have been forced to root for you guys if that happened. :)

Yes, a Phoenix-NJ final is not a great thought for the NHL ratings wise (I would definitely watch though as I would like to see Marty win a 4th ring). I think the NJ-NYR series will be an excellent and tight series. I think the Kings will beat Phoenix.

Baba Booey
05-12-2012, 07:40 PM

An attendance joke from a fan of a team that is already booking their summer vacations.

Sorry the Devils whooped the Flyers asses so bad dude, but every playoff game in NJ has been a sellout this year, and ECF tickets sold out in less than ten minutes the other day.

I'll be at every home game, just like I was to see the Devils take the Flyers to downtown Poundtown.

Ray Finkle
05-12-2012, 07:42 PM
An attendance joke from a fan of a team that is already booking their summer vacations.

Sorry the Devils whooped the Flyers asses so bad dude, but every playoff game in NJ has been a sellout this year, and ECF tickets sold out in less than ten minutes the other day.

I'll be at every home game, just like I was to see the Devils take the Flyers to downtown Poundtown.

The Devils actually face a real goalie now....

Baba Booey
05-12-2012, 07:44 PM
The Devils actually face a real goalie now....

Agreed, but the Rangers will face a much more complete team than they did in rounds one and two.

I wish you luck, Finkle. When it all boils down, we still share a love for the Broncos, so I can tolerate you on some level.:welcome:

Should be a good series. My tickets for rounds three and four came in the mail today.

Ray Finkle
05-12-2012, 07:51 PM
Agreed, but the Rangers will face a much more complete team than they did in rounds one and two.

I wish you luck, Finkle. When it all boils down, we still share a love for the Broncos, so I can tolerate you on some level.:welcome:

Should be a good series. My tickets for rounds three and four came in the mail today.

Ditto. I dislike the Devils but love the way they play. Here's to another great series.

Baba Booey
05-12-2012, 11:06 PM
Ditto. I dislike the Devils but love the way they play. Here's to another great series.

I know you probably can't agree, but winning this series would truly bring Brodeur's career full circle. I'm betting that loss in '94 still haunts him, despite the cups. This could close the book for him.

chadta
05-13-2012, 05:58 AM

One has nothing to do with the other, I laughed at the first round with florida, you could never tell which building it was in by the empty seats, (like we usually do with jersey and florida games) becasue both rinks are always empty, and honestly i didnt know there were any devils fans here

As much as i rag on phoenix for just not being a hockey town, they have an excuse, the team has sucked for 15 years, heck this is the first time they have ever made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Even pittsburg got turned around by a cup run, but not jersey, they are the worst fanbase in all sports, how many cups in the last 15 years? always a contender, yet nobody gives a ****,

2012 24th
2011 25th
2010 was a good year they were 20th
2009 23rd
2008 23rd
2007 26th
2006 26th
Lockout

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2006

Since the lockout you peaked at top of the bottom third, but hey, you have more fans then such hockey hotbeds as phoenix, florida, and the islanders who havent made the playoffs since the dynasty of the 80s, so its not all bad.

Congrats on your series win, i hate the devils and the rangers almost equally, ill give the edge to the devils just because of the ****ty fan base, honestly ill be cheering for a stadium implosion tho.

BTW my wife is a devils fan

Beantown Bronco
05-13-2012, 08:19 AM
but every playoff game in NJ has been a sellout this year

Not exactly something to brag about.

Baba Booey
05-13-2012, 10:12 AM
One has nothing to do with the other, I laughed at the first round with florida, you could never tell which building it was in by the empty seats, (like we usually do with jersey and florida games) becasue both rinks are always empty, and honestly i didnt know there were any devils fans here

As much as i rag on phoenix for just not being a hockey town, they have an excuse, the team has sucked for 15 years, heck this is the first time they have ever made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs.

Even pittsburg got turned around by a cup run, but not jersey, they are the worst fanbase in all sports, how many cups in the last 15 years? always a contender, yet nobody gives a ****,

2012 24th
2011 25th
2010 was a good year they were 20th
2009 23rd
2008 23rd
2007 26th
2006 26th
Lockout

http://espn.go.com/nhl/attendance/_/year/2006

Since the lockout you peaked at top of the bottom third, but hey, you have more fans then such hockey hotbeds as phoenix, florida, and the islanders who havent made the playoffs since the dynasty of the 80s, so its not all bad.

Congrats on your series win, i hate the devils and the rangers almost equally, ill give the edge to the devils just because of the ****ty fan base, honestly ill be cheering for a stadium implosion tho.

BTW my wife is a devils fan

See, that's the thing: I don't care about our attendance. And again, I'm not sure where you're going with this "empty seats" thing with round one. Every game in NJ was a sellout, and every game the crowd was nuts. Trust me, I was there.

Attendance is a gripe brought up by rival fans whose teams fall short on the ice (see: Rangers, Flyers). You have literally nothing else on the Devils, so you bring that up. You're forgetting that the Devils are the youngest team in the region, and have three, count 'em, three other NHL teams within 150 miles of their arena.

And worst fanbase in all of sports? This coming from a fan whose peers threw a smokebomb on the ice in a game against the Devils a few seasons ago.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VhLx_lHD4Ag" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Baba Booey
05-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Not exactly something to brag about.

Who's bragging? Every home game league-wide should sell out in the playoffs.

24champ
05-13-2012, 04:24 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3xwsgZoqf1qhkatoo2_500.jpg

Cup fever in LA. Go Kings!

chadta
05-13-2012, 04:42 PM
You're forgetting that the Devils are the youngest team in the region, and have three, count 'em, three other NHL teams within 150 miles of their arena.

I dont let that lame excuse fly for nashville, i sure as heck aint going to let it fly in new york city when out of a possible 8 million people all you can manage is 12,000 fans at the games. 10 years more then the preds, way more success, yet no far worse at the box office.

I stand by my statement, the devils have the worst fanbase in all of pro sports.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2011/11/04/new-jersey-devils-appear-headed-for-bankruptcy/

You dont go bankrupt having a good fanbase.

Who's bragging? Every home game league-wide should sell out in the playoffs.

Im in Canada dood, anything less then a sellout for every game of the year is a failure if you ask me. You need to get Maple leaf tickets willed to you, and even the last place for 3 consecutive years oilers have sold out over 200 straight games, let me know when the jersey sellout streak hits double digits.

Baba Booey
05-13-2012, 07:37 PM
I dont let that lame excuse fly for nashville, i sure as heck aint going to let it fly in new york city when out of a possible 8 million people all you can manage is 12,000 fans at the games. 10 years more then the preds, way more success, yet no far worse at the box office.

I stand by my statement, the devils have the worst fanbase in all of pro sports.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeozanian/2011/11/04/new-jersey-devils-appear-headed-for-bankruptcy/

You dont go bankrupt having a good fanbase.

Im in Canada dood, anything less then a sellout for every game of the year is a failure if you ask me. You need to get Maple leaf tickets willed to you, and even the last place for 3 consecutive years oilers have sold out over 200 straight games, let me know when the jersey sellout streak hits double digits.

The Devils play in New York City? News to me as a season ticket holder.

You don't get banners for attendance, but good for Toronto and Edmonton, I guess. Once again, knocking other teams about attendance is something that fans of losing teams do to try to validate their crappy on-ice product.

And that's an old article. Facts have since surfaced that suggest the Devils are just fine financially.

Sorry they beat the Flyers, I guess.

maher_tyler
05-13-2012, 08:10 PM

You don't get banners for attendance, but good for Toronto and Edmonton, I guess. Once again, knocking other teams about attendance is something that fans of losing teams do to try to validate their crappy on-ice product.

And that's an old article. Facts have since surfaced that suggest the Devils are just fine financially.

Sorry they beat the Flyers, I guess.

I wouldnt let it bother you. For the first time in forever, i dont mind all the teams remaining. I think Philly fans thought if they got past Pitt they'd skate through everyone on there way to a Cup victory..didn't happen and now they're bitter. Having said that, LA looked good tonight!

Baba Booey
05-13-2012, 08:18 PM
I wouldnt let it bother you. For the first time in forever, i dont mind all the teams remaining. I think Philly fans thought if they got past Pitt they'd skate through everyone on there way to a Cup victory..didn't happen and now they're bitter. Having said that, LA looked good tonight!

Ya, they did for sure. That wonky goal by Morris made the score alot closer than the game itself.

I like both of the teams in the West, so I can just sit back and enjoy the games.

chadta
05-14-2012, 04:06 AM

naw the problem wasnt that the fans thought that, the problem was that the team seemed to think that, as was evedent by how badly they got outword, out hustled, and just outplayed for just about every minute of the round. They won the Penn cup and just assumed the rest would be easy, well it wasnt.

This argument has more to do with me being in a city that has been passed over for a team many times before, going back to the days of the move from colorado to jersey, where we lost out becasue the leafs owner woulnt waive his veto unless we spent like 60 million renovating his football stadium.

Everytime i see an empty arena it pisses me off to no end, when ballsillie bought the pens, we sold 15,000 season tickets in 24hours, when he bought the preds it only took 10, when he bought the yotes it only took 2.

We cant get tickets to leafs games, $400 bucks each for best seats in the house, while places like jersey, tampa, carolina, phoenix, dallas, florida, columbus and long island play to half empty buildings, a few of those teams won cups, which should bring in fans, but the buildings were empty right after the run, some people just dont like hockey, i get it, but play it where the people do then.

you are the one who brought location into this

You're forgetting that the Devils are the youngest team in the region, and have three, count 'em, three other NHL teams within 150 miles of their arena.

you cant have it both ways dood, either you are part of the metro area or not, pick a side and stick to it

Beantown Bronco
05-14-2012, 06:26 AM

Islanders would get my vote for NHL. All pro sports? That's a tough one.

socalorado
05-14-2012, 06:59 AM
Congrats to 24champs LA kings!!
Nice win.

Baba Booey
05-14-2012, 08:56 AM
you cant have it both ways dood, either you are part of the metro area or not, pick a side and stick to it

The Devils play seven miles from an original six team that plays in the biggest city in the world. Then nearly all of south Jersey are Flyers/Phillies/Eagles fans, then you even have some stragglers that are Islanders fans from the old days.

Point is, they're competing with three other teams for fans. Would I like to see the Prudential Center sold out for every game? Hell yeah. But the fact that it isn't doesn't make me any less proud of being a Devils fan. Like I said, they don't hand out banners for attendance.

I'm done arguing about attendance though. There's meaningful hockey to be played for me at least.

bronco militia
05-14-2012, 09:20 AM
wow at the kings...they are still making it look easy.

24champ
05-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Anyone else see the rack on that lady behind the Yotes bench? Holy cow. zowie!

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj104/kurt7416/quick.gif

Baba Booey
05-14-2012, 12:23 PM
That gif is hilarious haha

chadta
05-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Islanders would get my vote for NHL. All pro sports? That's a tough one.

not even close, the islanders have sucked for so long, its not an excuse for not going, but its not in the same league as the devils who have won how many cups, and been a contender year after year, yet nobody cares ( except bababohee apparently)

what other sport has a team won 3 championships in a 15 year period, and still not been able to sell more then 80% of the tickets.

Beantown Bronco
05-14-2012, 02:17 PM
what other sport has a team won 3 championships in a 15 year period, and still not been able to sell more then 80% of the tickets.

In baseball, I'll always cite the 90s era Braves. Won the pennant seemingly every year and rarely sold out their first round home playoff games.

maher_tyler
05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Ya, they did for sure. That wonky goal by Morris made the score alot closer than the game itself.

I like both of the teams in the West, so I can just sit back and enjoy the games.

Only reason i'd root for NJ is because Praise and Zajac both played at UND. I'm ok with NY, NJ, Phx or LA making it...would prefer one of the teams from the west to win it though.

Reason Phoenix attendance is so bad is because they haven't given the fans there any reason to spend the money to watch them play. This is the first time they've ever been to the WCF. I'd bet if they make it to the Cup, they'd increase attendance next year by 15-20%. Reason i say that is because until the Cardinals made the Super Bowl, you couldn't find a Cardinals fan. I think the same would result if the Yotes made it to the finals. Good ownership would also help.

Baba Booey
05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
not even close, the islanders have sucked for so long, its not an excuse for not going, but its not in the same league as the devils who have won how many cups, and been a contender year after year, yet nobody cares ( except bababohee apparently)

To be honest, I wouldn't care if I was the only Devils fan on the planet. Didn't you just say your wife was a Devils fan, though?

You're just coming off as bitter.

Once again, sorry the Devils just completely beat the crap out of the Flyers last round.

Baba Booey
05-14-2012, 08:01 PM
Re: tonight's game: I kind of figured this was going to happen. The Devils hung with them and even took it to the Rangers for most of the first 40 minutes, but were pretty much dead in the water once Girardi scored. And this is more of a shutout for the likes of Girardi and Staal than it is for Lundqvist. 26 blocked shots.

Not worried though. They need to get the split on Wednesday.

Ray Finkle
05-15-2012, 04:57 AM
Re: tonight's game: I kind of figured this was going to happen. The Devils hung with them and even took it to the Rangers for most of the first 40 minutes, but were pretty much dead in the water once Girardi scored. And this is more of a shutout for the likes of Girardi and Staal than it is for Lundqvist. 26 blocked shots.

Not worried though. They need to get the split on Wednesday.

I completely disagree. Those 2 blocked what 8 to 10 shots but Henrik saved some really good chances.

bronco militia
05-15-2012, 07:33 AM
I completely disagree. Those 2 blocked what 8 to 10 shots but Henrik saved some really good chances.

no doubt.....Henrik kept the Rangers in the game while the Devils dominated most of the 1st and 2nd periods.

Ray Finkle
05-15-2012, 07:42 AM
no doubt.....Henrik kept the Rangers in the game while the Devils dominated most of the 1st and 2nd periods.

exactly. that's like saying KD, Driver, Steven's, etc should have Marty's hall of fame plaque.

Baba Booey
05-15-2012, 09:17 AM

I didn't mean just those two, but the team as a whole. They blocked 26 shots.

Lundqvist did make some nice stops for sure.

24champ
05-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Nice stat line for Brad Richards.Hilarious!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mo3figw4ymdjpg/xlarge.jpg

Ray Finkle
05-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice stat line for Brad Richards.Hilarious!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17mo3figw4ymdjpg/xlarge.jpg

when you gotta go....

Baba Booey
05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
Man, the Kings are ridiculous.

bronco militia
05-15-2012, 08:24 PM
Has there ever been an 8 seed favored to win the cup? they have clearly been the best team in hockey since the end of the 1st round.

bronco militia
05-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Look at all those pathetic yotes fans cheering the cheepshots.....

Beantown Bronco
05-16-2012, 05:22 AM
Has there ever been an 8 seed favored to win the cup? they have clearly been the best team in hockey since the end of the 1st round.

Seriously. History in the making right here. Potential to knock off the 1 seed, 2 seed, 3 seed, and another 1 seed. I can't even imagine there's ever been anything close to that before.

maher_tyler
05-16-2012, 05:32 AM

Doan shouldn't have been ejected. The guy was looking right at him before he turned his back to him at the last second. Hope the league sees that and don't suspend him.

That shot Smith took on Brown was pretty cheap for sure...a lot of bad blood between these two teams. Can't believe how well LA is playing right now. Phoenix doesn't seem to have the skill to keep up with LA. An LA vs NY cup would be epic!

socalorado
05-16-2012, 05:39 AM
Congrats to the LA KINGS on winning the STANLEY CUP!!!
LOL

Ray Finkle
05-16-2012, 05:54 AM

Of course you have Marty telling the Devils to shoot at the Rangers heads and feet in that series....

maher_tyler
05-16-2012, 06:17 AM
Congrats to the LA KINGS on winning the STANLEY CUP!!!
LOL

Dude they look good...i'll be rooting for them if they make it

socalorado
05-16-2012, 06:23 AM
Dude they look good...i'll be rooting for them if they make it

LA is just hot in all phases of the game.
If they get rid of PHO in 4, i dont see either NYR or NJ
being able to hang.
LA winning a cup is good for hockey. Good for the sport.

Ray Finkle
05-16-2012, 06:31 AM
being able to hang.

don't under sell Marty or Henrik.....Mike Smith they are not.

titan
05-16-2012, 07:47 AM
being able to hang.

And to think that the Avs swept the Kings this year 4-0. Obviously the Kings weren't playing as well then as they are now, but maybe the Avs aren't as far away as it appears.

socalorado
05-16-2012, 07:54 AM
And to think that the Avs swept the Kings this year 4-0. Obviously the Kings weren't playing as well then as they are now, but maybe the Avs aren't as far away as it appears.

All's i am saying is that the team that is the hottest usually wins the cup, and damn the Kings are freakin like the sun right now!

socalorado
05-16-2012, 07:57 AM
don't under sell Marty or Henrik.....Mike Smith they are not.

Eventhough NJ is down, i think that they would pose a bigger problem for LA.
Marty gets to the finals and suddenly stands on his head, wins a cup and then retires a champion. LA does not want to see Marty.
Henrik is overrated. Hes good, but he aint that good.

maher_tyler
05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
being able to hang.

The power play is pretty bad...it took a 5 on 3 to finally net a PPG. Everything else is running on all cylinders. It's impressive what they're doing! Quick has been insane..easily the Con Smyth winner!

Pendejo
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
Man, the Kings are ridiculous.

Yeah. They were underachieving all year. I guess reuniting the scissor sisters was what they needed to get back on track.

Ray Finkle
05-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Eventhough NJ is down, i think that they would pose a bigger problem for LA.
Marty gets to the finals and suddenly stands on his head, wins a cup and then retires a champion. LA does not want to see Marty.
Henrik is overrated. Hes good, but he aint that good.

he's been a top goalie since he came to the NHL.....but yep, he's overrated.

socalorado
05-16-2012, 08:30 AM
The power play is pretty bad...it took a 5 on 3 to finally net a PPG. Everything else is running on all cylinders. It's impressive what they're doing! Quick has been insane..easily the Con Smyth winner!

Easily.

24champ
05-16-2012, 09:33 AM

Hanzal will be facing a hearing, Doan and Morris will not. Per Kypreos.

I only didn't like three plays, that was Morris kneeing, the Hanzal boarding play, and Smith chopping down Brown. I can understand goalies doing that if the player was in the crease, bumping the goalie etc. But Brown was nowhere near the crease.

In any event, this is all surreal to me.

24champ
05-16-2012, 09:38 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43kcpyGdm1qhkatoo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43kcpyGdm1qhkatoo2_400.gif

Baba Booey
05-16-2012, 09:53 PM
Huge win for the Devils tonight. Need to feed off the crowd on Saturday (inb4 hurr durr what crowd lol Devils suck) and take it to them again.

And most of all: stay out of the box. Three of the five Rangers goals in this series have been on the powerplay, and one of the remaining two goals was an empty netter.

maher_tyler
05-17-2012, 08:24 PM
Not taking away what LA is doing but the calls have been in their favor in every game!

McD more rings than Elway
05-17-2012, 08:36 PM
San Jose Sharks fans are going to cry when the Kings make it to the Cup Playoffs!!!

bronco militia
05-17-2012, 08:58 PM
San Jose Sharks fans are going to cry when the Kings make it to the Cup Playoffs!!!

:giggle:

24champ
05-17-2012, 09:54 PM
Kings up 3-0!!!! Straight beasting through these playoffs!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m478u2j3Q01qe16li.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43owyfQcD1r6cut2o1_500.jpg

SoCalBronco
05-17-2012, 09:57 PM
The Kings will probably be the first 8 seed to be favored in the NHL Finals, regardless of their opponent, considering how well they have been playing these last few weeks.

24champ
05-17-2012, 10:20 PM
We'll see socal, best case scenario is that the Rags and Devils beat the snot out of each other for 7 games and the Kings will be well rested for the Cup finals.

LetsGoBroncos
05-18-2012, 12:03 PM
Not taking away what LA is doing but the calls have been in their favor in every game!

It has been just embarrassing how bad it's been the last game and a half. LA is def the better team and has been this series but it's tough to get in a ryhthm when you are killing penalties all the time and the calls are totally inconsistent.

DENVERDUI55
05-18-2012, 12:25 PM
The Kings will probably be the first 8 seed to be favored in the NHL Finals, regardless of their opponent, considering how well they have been playing these last few weeks.

Probably they already are. Before the finals they were favored in Vegas out of the final 4 teams.

maher_tyler
05-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Kings up 3-0!!!! Straight beasting through these playoffs!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m478u2j3Q01qe16li.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43owyfQcD1r6cut2o1_500.jpg

I like the broom

Butterscotch Stallion
05-19-2012, 12:27 PM

Like when Brown got called for embellishing after a suspension worthy, jeff gilooly.style chop by Smith?

I feel the refs are just trying to make up for that one. Smith should be suspended imo.

SoCalBronco
05-19-2012, 12:37 PM
Rags shutout the Devils 3-0 to take Game 3.

Baba Booey
05-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Lundqvist > Devils > Rest of Rangers team

Frustrating.

Ray Finkle
05-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Frustrating.

Krieder 3 goals > Devils 3 goals....

chadta
05-19-2012, 05:52 PM
It has been just embarrassing how bad it's been the last game and a half. LA is def the better team and has been this series but it's tough to get in a ryhthm when you are killing penalties all the time and the calls are totally inconsistent.

was Lee the ref ? im not sure how the hell that guy gets any playoff games at all he is so friggin brutal.

Go back to the 1 ref system, its frustrating as hell to have the ref right infront of the play think somethign is ok, and have the back ref 80 feet away call something on the play.

Baba Booey
05-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Devils win game four to even the series.

Phoenix trying desperately to force a game six. Currently tied at three, five minutes into the third.

Swedish Extrovert
05-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Frustrating.

Yuuuup.

Baba Booey
05-22-2012, 08:46 PM
Yuuuup.

Not so much in game four, but in one and three for sure.

SoCalBronco
05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Kings win in OT and advance to the Finals for the first time since 93.

Congrats 24.

In keeping with tradition, Dustin Brown doesnt touch the Campbell Trophy.

Baba Booey
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Hope to see you in the finals, 24.

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Kings win in OT and advance to the Finals for the first time since 93.

Congrats 24.

In keeping with tradition, Dustin Brown doesnt touch the Campbell Trophy.

Dustin Brown is a douche...having said that, i'll prolly be pulling for the Kings in the Finals...

socalorado
05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
Dustin Brown is a douche...having said that, i'll prolly be pulling for the Kings in the Finals...

I love it.
Brown is a bastard isnt he? Man, that guy reminds me a bit of Claude Lemieux in how he gets opposing players to take stupid penalties.

Congrats to 24!

24champ
05-23-2012, 08:19 AM
Woot!!! Pancake Penner!!

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/ec/fullj.0a285c1e28c0718c8867364d939402d9/ap-201205230006003633402.jpg

Love the clown guys reaction. LOL
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.9b5b9ba2ee71b8c78886cc04f6ce712f/9b5b9ba2ee71b8c78886cc04f6ce712f-getty-145033125.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/f7/fullj.3b4fe670b2c8b1c31a8ba8c229702463/ap-201205230027016273419.1.jpg

24champ
05-23-2012, 08:27 AM
I love it.
Brown is a bastard isnt he? Man, that guy reminds me a bit of Claude Lemieux in how he gets opposing players to take stupid penalties.

Congrats to 24!

That's exactly who Brown reminds me of, Claude always got the timely goals and was a little pest while he played for the Devils/Avalanche. He really got under the Red Wings skin, that was fun to watch. Claude was a favorite of mine to watch, always in beast mode in the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b9fPTIeUmx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Woot!!! Pancake Penner!!

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/ec/fullj.0a285c1e28c0718c8867364d939402d9/ap-201205230006003633402.jpg

Love the clown guys reaction. LOL
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/ca/fullj.9b5b9ba2ee71b8c78886cc04f6ce712f/9b5b9ba2ee71b8c78886cc04f6ce712f-getty-145033125.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/f7/fullj.3b4fe670b2c8b1c31a8ba8c229702463/ap-201205230027016273419.1.jpg

Looks slightly to the right of the crazy Kings fan left elbow Ha!

24champ
05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Looks slightly to the right of the crazy Kings fan left elbow Ha!

I missed that. Ha!

On another note, I will miss the redhead behind the Yotes bench.

http://coedbc.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/coyotes-boobs-1.jpg

socalorado
05-23-2012, 09:12 AM
That's exactly who Brown reminds me of, Claude always got the timely goals and was a little pest while he played for the Devils/Avalanche. He really got under the Red Wings skin, that was fun to watch. Claude was a favorite of mine to watch, always in beast mode in the playoffs.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b9fPTIeUmx4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed!
And that Forsberg goal at 3:30 is just insane.

Smiling Assassin27
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM

Man, Paul Coffey didn't have a clue how to play defense. Lemieux stepped over the line too often for me to admire him but the guy put up points when it counted. His turtle blood on the Joe Louis Arena ice is still a fond memory. ;D

bronco militia
05-23-2012, 09:46 AM
kick ass.....big mac was rocking that night!

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Agreed!
And that Forsberg goal at 3:30 is just insane.

The glory days! Wish the Avs had someone that could rip the puck past the goalie like that again. Sakic had the definition of a twisted wrister. And Forsberg...still my favorite player!!

24champ
05-23-2012, 11:38 AM
The glory days! Wish the Avs had someone that could rip the puck past the goalie like that again. Sakic had the definition of a twisted wrister. And Forsberg...still my favorite player!!

That was a sick team for sure. Just wish they had a better opponent in the Cup finals, Florida was absolutely no match for Colorado.

LetsGoBroncos
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM
First off, as a Coyote fan I would like to say congratulations to the Kings. They are playing great and outplayed us most of the series.

However, Dustin Brown needs to decide if he wants to be looked at as a flopping joke for the rest of his career or not. I love soccer but can't stand it when players dive. No place for it in hockey and it needs to stop now or the game will change in a negative way forever.

The refs were absolutely awful from Games 2-5. I can think of 3 times when guys were pushing around the net after the play and the Coyotes were the only ones that got a penalty. Game 3 was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen from start to finish. It was as if the Coyotes couldn't get near an LA player without getting a penalty but the Kings could hogtie our guys without a call. It was amazing.

Hats off to the Kings, but the Coyotes and their fans have very good reason to be frustrated.

Stop the flopping

bronco militia
05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
oh and shane doan having words with Dustin Brown:

http://forum.lunguk.org/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/145/0181.pot_5F00_calls_5F00_kettle_5F00_black.bmp

lmfao!

24champ
05-23-2012, 12:06 PM
First off, as a Coyote fan I would like to say congratulations to the Kings. They are playing great and outplayed us most of the series.

However, Dustin Brown needs to decide if he wants to be looked at as a flopping joke for the rest of his career or not. I love soccer but can't stand it when players dive. No place for it in hockey and it needs to stop now or the game will change in a negative way forever.

The refs were absolutely awful from Games 2-5. I can think of 3 times when guys were pushing around the net after the play and the Coyotes were the only ones that got a penalty. Game 3 was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen from start to finish. It was as if the Coyotes couldn't get near an LA player without getting a penalty but the Kings could hogtie our guys without a call. It was amazing.

Hats off to the Kings, but the Coyotes and their fans have very good reason to be frustrated.

Stop the flopping

My advice to the Coyotes is to stop the crying. Smith slashing Richie, then swinging a stick at the ref after the final goal, and crying to them was a shame. The postgame interviews were absolutely disgraceful.

LetsGoBroncos
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM
My advice to the Coyotes is to stop the crying. Smith slashing Richie, then swinging a stick at the ref after the final goal, and crying to them was a shame. The postgame interviews were absolutely disgraceful.

You have to see our point of view, it feels like we haven't gotten a break all playoffs. Torres gets 25 games, then Ovechkin who is also a repeat offender does the SAME EXACT THING and doesn't even have a hearing. Shea Weber grabs Zetterberg by the head and slams it into the glass and gets fined $2500, but Kleszla gets suspended for a pretty standard 2 minute boarding penalty. The fact is the refs were not very good this series, and there were some bad calls going both ways but the Coyotes got the worse of it. Doan and Tippett are not complainers so for them to be upset should say something.

Again, congratulations and I mean that...the thing that bugs me the most is Brown flopping all over the place. Hope it stops or we are going to look back in 5 years and wonder how diving became such an important part of hockey.

24champ
05-23-2012, 04:21 PM
You have to see our point of view, it feels like we haven't gotten a break all playoffs. Torres gets 25 games, then Ovechkin who is also a repeat offender does the SAME EXACT THING and doesn't even have a hearing. Shea Weber grabs Zetterberg by the head and slams it into the glass and gets fined $2500, but Kleszla gets suspended for a pretty standard 2 minute boarding penalty. The fact is the refs were not very good this series, and there were some bad calls going both ways but the Coyotes got the worse of it. Doan and Tippett are not complainers so for them to be upset should say something.

Again, congratulations and I mean that...the thing that bugs me the most is Brown flopping all over the place. Hope it stops or we are going to look back in 5 years and wonder how diving became such an important part of hockey.

I understand it was frustrating to watch, but some of the players were saying that they lost the series based on the refs...is incorrect. Phoenix came on late, and I think they learned a lot from this series and probably was what frustrated them the most is that they turned it on too late.

It was too much crying and whining for my liking, it was a tough game but they got to man up. They had a good year and can build on it, and next years games vs Coyotes (assuming they stay in Phx) will be fun to watch with the bad blood between the two teams.

24champ
05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Chadta, is Philly going to run Giroux out of town now? LA will be interested. ;D

Giroux plays beer pong wearing two casts

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/22/giroux.png

The current scoring leader of the 2012 NHL playoffs is no longer actively playing hockey. He is, however, actively playing. Beer pong, that is.

According to a report from crossingbroad.com, a site that chronicled the Philadelphia Flyers forward’s weekend of partying, Giroux played beer pong (well) on Sunday and Saturday. We know this because the woman he beat tweeted out a photo (below).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/22/claude_giroux_beer_pong_adventures/

chadta
05-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Chadta, is Philly going to run Giroux out of town now? LA will be interested. ;D

Giroux plays beer pong wearing two casts

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/22/giroux.png

The current scoring leader of the 2012 NHL playoffs is no longer actively playing hockey. He is, however, actively playing. Beer pong, that is.

According to a report from crossingbroad.com, a site that chronicled the Philadelphia Flyers forward’s weekend of partying, Giroux played beer pong (well) on Sunday and Saturday. We know this because the woman he beat tweeted out a photo (below).

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2012/05/22/claude_giroux_beer_pong_adventures/

naw he did it after the season ended, and it wasnt the reason the season ended. Its all good

but if we were to trade him, you would have to take bryzaster too

im more concerned at the quality of women he drinks with, the 2 in the background leave a little to be deisred

LetsGoBroncos
05-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I understand it was frustrating to watch, but some of the players were saying that they lost the series based on the refs...is incorrect. Phoenix came on late, and I think they learned a lot from this series and probably was what frustrated them the most is that they turned it on too late.

It was too much crying and whining for my liking, it was a tough game but they got to man up. They had a good year and can build on it, and next years games vs Coyotes (assuming they stay in Phx) will be fun to watch with the bad blood between the two teams.

Just hard to understand how certain things don't get called like Doughty putting the puck out of play without a deflection. Oh well

If Phoenix had won last night who do you think would have won the series? Would have been real interesting.

24champ
05-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Just hard to understand how certain things don't get called like Doughty putting the puck out of play without a deflection. Oh well

If Phoenix had won last night who do you think would have won the series? Would have been real interesting.

Refs were crappy both ways man. Doughty almost got a game misconduct for yelling at the refs because they were horrible and had missed calls.

I'm not the best person to ask, since I am biased, obviously I would say the Kings...but I agree it would have been interesting. 'Yotes turned it on too late IMO.

That being said, Kings weren't going to be denied, they controlled the game in crunch time...3rd and OT of game 5.

Ray Finkle
05-23-2012, 07:52 PM
naw he did it after the season ended, and it wasnt the reason the season ended. Its all good

but if we were to trade him, you would have to take bryzaster too

im more concerned at the quality of women he drinks with, the 2 in the background leave a little to be deisred

It's Philly....you have to go into NY for the hockey ho's!

teknic
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM

Officiating has been terrible throughout the entire playoffs, it's not unique to the series.

That being said, the Coyotes are lucky to have made it this far. They are terrible.

LetsGoBroncos
05-24-2012, 08:16 AM
Officiating has been terrible throughout the entire playoffs, it's not unique to the series.

That being said, the Coyotes are lucky to have made it this far. They are terrible.

Hahaa!!

Go Leafs! Major hockey market with the full backing of owneship and they can't get into the playoffs to save their life.

Coyotes have no ownership in a bad hockey market and have made it 3 straight years. What a joke of a comment

maher_tyler
05-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Refs were crappy both ways man. Doughty almost got a game misconduct for yelling at the refs because they were horrible and had missed calls.

I'm not the best person to ask, since I am biased, obviously I would say the Kings...but I agree it would have been interesting. 'Yotes turned it on too late IMO.

That being said, Kings weren't going to be denied, they controlled the game in crunch time...3rd and OT of game 5.

When he got call for that penalty was extremely childish. You want to talk about crying...dude pouted his whole way to the box and more after he got there. I understand on the offsides call as it was clear as day, even while live, it was not offsides. He needs to control that..he should have been given another minor the way he was acting. Just seems like when it's a higher profile player, the league and refs don't come down as hard or fair! They better get it fixed!

maher_tyler
05-24-2012, 11:20 AM

I don't even remember the last time the Leafs made the playoffs! Way to make yourself look like a complete ass though!

24champ
05-24-2012, 12:57 PM
When he got call for that penalty was extremely childish. You want to talk about crying...dude pouted his whole way to the box and more after he got there. I understand on the offsides call as it was clear as day, even while live, it was not offsides. He needs to control that..he should have been given another minor the way he was acting. Just seems like when it's a higher profile player, the league and refs don't come down as hard or fair! They better get it fixed!

I agree, as I said he was lucky he didn't get a 2 minute minor and a game misconduct for it. Those two calls he was upset about were atrocious though. There was no interference and the ref waited too long to make the call, the offsides call was also a bad call. It was horribly reffed, but they made the right call on the Brown hit.

During the celebration of the Clarence Campbell Bowl trophy ceremony (which wasn't much of a celebration btw) Doughty was all jacked up and Jeff Carter told him to basically "stfu, you almost got tossed in this game." I liked that, and people don't realize the leadership and experience that Carter and Richie bring to the club.

teknic
05-24-2012, 04:18 PM
I don't even remember the last time the Leafs made the playoffs! Way to make yourself look like a complete ass though!

Sorry that the league introduced a salary cap and revenue sharing, so that ****ty organizations in non-hockey markets like Phoenix can exist.

Way to deflect. I didn't say the Leafs had a good year, I said Phoenix is crap, which is true. Phoenix only had 5 more ROW than the Leafs, and the Leafs were awful in the second half of the season.

The Cryotes are garbage. They are well coached, but have a piss-poor roster and few developing prospects.

Other than the Panthers, the Coyotes were by far the worst team to make it into the playoffs.

At least the Cryotes fans are reflective of their organization, a bunch of sore loser crybabies.

canadianbroncosfan
05-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Sorry that the league introduced a salary cap and revenue sharing, so that ****ty organizations in non-hockey markets like Phoenix can exist.

Way to deflect. I didn't say the Leafs had a good year, I said Phoenix is crap, which is true. Phoenix only had 5 more ROW than the Leafs, and the Leafs were awful in the second half of the season.

The Cryotes are garbage. They are well coached, but have a piss-poor roster and few developing prospects.

Other than the Panthers, the Coyotes were by far the worst team to make it into the playoffs.

At least the Cryotes fans are reflective of their organization, a bunch of sore loser crybabies.

What difference has this made to the Leafs? They still haven't won a cup in 50 years, long before revenue sharing and salary caps.

Regardless of how bad you think Phoenix may have been, they were one of the last four teams and that included winning series over Chicago (tear) and Nashville.

teknic
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM
What difference has this made to the Leafs? They still haven't won a cup in 50 years, long before revenue sharing and salary caps.

Regardless of how bad you think Phoenix may have been, they were one of the last four teams and that included winning series over Chicago (tear) and Nashville.

It's not complicated. The Leafs are able to spend less, even though they can easily afford it. The Leafs were a playoff team nearly every single year before the salary cap (funny that they haven't made the playoffs since the cap was introduced), resulting in few opportunities to draft high. With the cap, free agency spending is a lot more risky too, as a bloated contract on an ineffective player can screw over a team pretty badly.

I know it's pretty irrelevant, but it's less than 50 years (1967). How many cups does Phoenix have? Oh wait...

This was never about the Leafs though, just an observation about the Cryotes lack of skill. Having a goalie that is playing out of his mind is not a sustainable strategy to build a team around. Phoenix was outplayed badly in all 3 rounds, but Smith kept the games close enough for a lucky deflection to win.

LetsGoBroncos
05-24-2012, 05:41 PM
It's not complicated. The Leafs are able to spend less, even though they can easily afford it. The Leafs were a playoff team nearly every single year before the salary cap (funny that they haven't made the playoffs since the cap was introduced), resulting in few opportunities to draft high. With the cap, free agency spending is a lot more risky too, as a bloated contract on an ineffective player can screw over a team pretty badly.

I know it's pretty irrelevant, but it's less than 50 years (1967). How many cups does Phoenix have? Oh wait...

This was never about the Leafs though, just an observation about the Cryotes lack of skill. Having a goalie that is playing out of his mind is not a sustainable strategy to build a team around. Phoenix was outplayed badly in all 3 rounds, but Smith kept the games close enough for a lucky deflection to win.

3 straight years of making the playoffs proves you wrong. End of story

24champ
05-24-2012, 07:17 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/30lktiu.gif

LetsGoBroncos
05-24-2012, 08:39 PM

Took lessons from Dustin Brown

Baba Booey
05-26-2012, 12:06 AM
Boo yah.

It's on...Wednesday in Jersey.

canadianbroncosfan
05-26-2012, 05:11 AM

Well to be fair the had two very high draft picks and traded them both for ****ing Kessel

canadianbroncosfan
05-26-2012, 05:12 AM

LOL

Beantown Bronco
05-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Well to be fair the had two very high draft picks and traded them both for ****ing Kessel

Man, I love how that trade turned out. Looks like both picks were big time hits. :)

teknic
05-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Man, I love how that trade turned out. Looks like both picks were big time hits. :)

I like the Kaberle trade better. :)

TomServo
05-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Sacik Forsberg Roy Blake and only two Cups., Sucks damn Avs cheaped out on coaches. Plyus sellane and paul Kariya?

Baba Booey
05-30-2012, 06:32 AM
And here we are...game one at 8PM EST in the Brick City.

I'll be heading down right after work. The Rock will be rocking as per usual (at least in the playoffs, heh).

Best of luck to you, 24.

24champ
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
And here we are...game one at 8PM EST in the Brick City.

I'll be heading down right after work. The Rock will be rocking as per usual (at least in the playoffs, heh).

Best of luck to you, 24.

Should be a good series...hope the Kings continue their unbeaten road streak.:approve:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4psrgwkbU1qbd2kvo1_500.gif

canadianbroncosfan
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Should be a good series...hope the Kings continue their unbeaten road streak.:approve:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4psrgwkbU1qbd2kvo1_500.gif

Personally I prefer the Kings. Still love Pancakes from his time as an Oiler, also when Matt Greene played in Edmonton I had the pleasure of meeting him a bunch of times and he was always a really nice guy in public. However at the start of the second round a bunch of guys from work all drafted teams with the winner getting a 750 mL (26 ounce) bottle from all the others. I drafted fourth and the Kings were already gone. I was picked the Devils instead of Phoenix, Nashville, St. Louis or Philly. I've kind of been forced into cheering for them but they made it further than 6 of the other teams so my preference is obviously with them.

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2012, 03:10 PM
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will announce his retirement after 20 NHL seasons at a news conference Thursday afternoon, a source told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

bronco militia
05-30-2012, 03:16 PM
Detroit Red Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom will announce his retirement after 20 NHL seasons at a news conference Thursday afternoon, a source told ESPN.com on Wednesday.

thank god

seriously, **** you Nick and your awesome career

:cuss:

SouthStndJunkie
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
I figured Nick would come back for another year.

The Wings will certainly miss him.

Probably my 2nd favorite Wing of all-time.

Pendejo
05-30-2012, 03:36 PM

A nice round number for a guy who has/earned everything.

He could not only play longer if he wanted to, but continue to be one of the best.

****ing asshole.

bronco militia
05-30-2012, 08:48 PM
What a great game one!....what a goal by kopitar!

socalorado
05-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Congrats to 24!

Smiling Assassin27
05-31-2012, 08:09 AM
I figured Nick would come back for another year.

The Wings will certainly miss him.

Probably my 2nd favorite Wing of all-time.

This is on par with Stevie Y retiring. A great Wing, a great captain, and arguably the best defenseman to lace 'em up. Thanks for the incredible career and the unbelievable class you brought to Hockeytown. And mostly, thanks for taking a few minutes to just shoot the breeze with a fan in a most gracious (and damn funny) manner.

24champ
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Kopi-star! :~ohyah!: 3 more wins...

http://i.minus.com/ib1TgGjhq1BQZD.gif
http://i.minus.com/iI61DE0jZBD2P.gif

Smiling Assassin27
05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
That was a nice goal. Almost felt like slow motion. Get 'er done, Kings.

Butterscotch Stallion
06-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Quick will be facing an onslaught on sat. If he shuts nj down, they wil break imho. This is a huge huge game for the devils, and I expect their best game of the year.

24champ
06-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Quick will be facing an onslaught on sat. If he shuts nj down, they wil break imho. This is a huge huge game for the devils, and I expect their best game of the year.

Since 2006, the winner of game one in the SCF has gone on to win game two.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Tim Thomas is officially killing me right now.

24champ
06-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Tim Thomas is officially killing me right now.

I think its all posturing, apparently his NTC doesn't kick in until July 1st.

Baba Booey
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Me when I realized it was Kopitar that got the puck for a breakaway:

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/Reaction%20Images/1281061688137.gif

maher_tyler
06-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Hope game 2 is as good as game 1...good luck to both teams

Baba Booey
06-01-2012, 10:35 PM
I just shaved my playoff beard (growing since April 9th) into a mustache.

Might as well just call it quits, 24.

Dutch
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Great game gents....8:13 left in the first OT. Been a good one so far.

Dutch
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Sweet friggin' goal to end the game! What a great game. Fantastic goal and effort by Carter on the game winner.

Dutch
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Bad move, Dude. Bad, bad move.....

OBF1
06-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Watched my first hockey in years.... really a good exciting game.

maher_tyler
06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Watched my first hockey in years.... really a good exciting game.

You've been missing out...great playoffs so far! If the Kings win in 5 or less, it might be considered the most dominate playoff run of all time!

SoCalBronco
06-02-2012, 11:15 PM
Must be frustrating for the Devils...they could easily be up 2-0 if the crossbar would cooperate.

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2012, 07:52 AM

Luckily no Marty McSorely-like moron currently resides on the Kings roster, so while it's still early to call it, the Kings just need to keep doing what they're doing.

24champ
06-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Simon Gagne is in for tonight's game.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 04:23 PM
The Penguins acquire G Tomas Vokoun from the Capitals for a 7th round pick.

chadta
06-04-2012, 06:07 PM
2 mil a year for 2 years ? over 35 contract

for abackup ?

i feel better about paying 1.5 for abackup now

is fleury injured ? not sure i understand this move, but if it sets up a fleury or stall choice next year due to cap then im all for it.

its still better then bryzaster at 5 mil cap hit for 9 years tho

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM

for abackup ?

is fleury injured ? not sure i understand this move, but if it sets up a fleury or stall choice next year due to cap then im all for it.

I think they want to motivate the Flower a little bit. Johnny was not a good backup last year, although he was great before that. I think the FO might be a little shaken at what happened in the first round and they want a credible backup there. I think Flower is their guy still, but they want to have quality depth and an answer if he struggles.

I do think Staal is gone. He was gone even before this, actually. They can't keep all 3 guys, because Staal can probably command 6m (current salary is 4m) and they can't go that high. Bigger issue is Staal doesn't want to be a 3rd line center forever, either. Strong rumors that Carolina is trying to trade for him. They just signed Neal to a long term deal. They are going to keep Sid and Geno and will have to trade Staal a year early due to cap issues (and also because if they wait, they wont get anything in return). The only way they can keep him is if they can move Martin (5m), ASAP.

BroncosSR
06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I think they want to motivate the Flower a little bit. Johnny was not a good backup last year, although he was great before that. I think the FO might be a little shaken at what happened in the first round and they want a credible backup there. I think Flower is their guy still, but they want to have quality depth and an answer if he struggles.

I do think Staal is gone. He was gone even before this, actually. They can't keep all 3 guys, because Staal can probably command 6m (current salary is 4m) and they can't go that high. Bigger issue is Staal doesn't want to be a 3rd line center forever, either. Strong rumors that Carolina is trying to trade for him. They just signed Neal to a long term deal. They are going to keep Sid and Geno and will have to trade Staal a year early due to cap issues (and also because if they wait, they wont get anything in return). The only way they can keep him is if they can move Martin (5m), ASAP.

Anybody would be a fool to acquire Martin for that price. With that said, would you move Malkin if it meant Martin had to go with him? Then you open a ton of cap space plus plenty of prospects/picks that would come back with the kings ransom Malkin would command.

BroncosSR
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM

for abackup ?

Especially since Philly tried to acquire him too. Just couldn't fit him in.

I'm hoping the CBA is Flyers-friendly...

OBF1
06-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Kings up 3-0 in the 3rd.... about to make it a 3-0 series advantage.

Ray Finkle
06-04-2012, 07:32 PM
And the Kings clinch the cup.....

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Anybody would be a fool to acquire Martin for that price. With that said, would you move Malkin if it meant Martin had to go with him? Then you open a ton of cap space plus plenty of prospects/picks that would come back with the kings ransom Malkin would command.

They will never voluntarily part with Malkin absent some exigent circumstance. He gets along well with Sid, so they are happy switching off as 1 and 1A. Right now, Geno is arguably the best player in the world (although when they are both at 100%, there is another level Sid can get to which Geno can't). They definitely want to keep the top 2. Shero LOVES Staal but he knows the math doesnt work and he knows Staal doesnt want to be a 3rd liner and will leave after next year, so we need to get something for him now.

I think the problem with Martin is that he is a poor system fit. He was a great player in NJ, but he doesn't fit the aggressive style DB uses. There's a surprisingly high number of teams below the cap floor. If one or more of them use more of a style that fits Paul's talents, I could see them trading for him, just to get to the floor and to add someone who can play in their scheme.

They also need to get rid of him because Letang is going to want a huge raise pretty soon (3.5m). That's a guy who if he was healthy the whole year, might have won the Norris. He's going to want 6m I'm sure and he'll get it from PIT, too. He's very important to everything they do. No one can move the puck like him and he's the PP QB. Despres will be in the top six this year so that will be a cheap salaried defenseman and I expect good things from him. Joe Morrow might crack the roster, too. Almost made it last year as a rookie. PIT is going to get younger on D and hopefully nastier.

If they can get rid of Martin, it will open up alot of things for the team.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Congrats to 24champ for pretty much wrapping up his first Stanley Cup. He is the only tried and true, true blue Kings fan that has been here from Day 1. Unbelievable that this team was a No. 8 seed....they've played like a 1 seed in the playoffs, thats for sure. Quick has to be the Conn Smythe winner. He has totally frustrated a very good NJ team. NJ has actually played pretty well in this series, but Quick is totally in the zone.

Congrats Jeff. :)

maher_tyler
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Most dominating playoffs and Finals I've ever seen! Has there ever been anything like this??

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Most dominating playoffs and Finals I've ever seen! Has there ever been anything like this??

I dont think they have dominated the Finals. Certainly Game 3, but not the first two. They were slightly better than NJ in Game 1, and NJ was clearly better than them in Game 2, but couldnt get it past Quick. For the first three rounds, though, they were playing at a super high level.

alkemical
06-05-2012, 05:06 AM

I'd keep Staal & trade Crosby for all that I could.

alkemical
06-05-2012, 05:07 AM

I'd move Martin & Crosby. I'd keep Malkin & Staal - and build with that.

Ray Finkle
06-05-2012, 05:13 AM

The 1988 Oilers went 16-2.....that was the biggest ass kicking I can remember....The Kings will do it 16-2 as well but the Oilers were awesome from the start of the season to the end that year.

socalorado
06-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Congrats 24! You deserve your 1st cup!
Man, LA is just kicking the **** outta everyone!

Beantown Bronco
06-05-2012, 06:12 AM
The Kings can't lose. Alyssa Milano was giving them the boob mojo last night.

Butterscotch Stallion
06-05-2012, 09:15 AM
The 1988 Oilers went 16-2.....that was the biggest ass kicking I can remember....The Kings will do it 16-2 as well but the Oilers were awesome from the start of the season to the end that year.

True, but in the context of playoffs, this has to be more dominant because it was mostly on the road because of the lowest seeding.

Ray Finkle
06-05-2012, 10:04 AM
True, but in the context of playoffs, this has to be more dominant because it was mostly on the road because of the lowest seeding.

I would still put the Oilers ahead of them. That was in the late 80's were the game was up and down.....totally different game now.

Baba Booey
06-05-2012, 11:38 AM
No gripes from this Devils fan. Kings are just the better team, plain and simple.

Although if Kovalchuk's shot late in game two goes in instead of off the crossbar, it's an entirely different series.

That's the way of the NHL playoffs though. King's definitely deserve this one, provided they win one more.

Smiling Assassin27
06-05-2012, 12:15 PM
So does Quick have the conn smythe in the bag? The only one even in the conversation would be Kopitar with Doughty a distant third.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I've watched like 2 hockey games my entire life. Good to see an 8th seed have success

bronco militia
06-05-2012, 02:19 PM
I've watched like 2 hockey games my entire life. Good to see an 8th seed have success

you got something against white people?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-05-2012, 02:22 PM
you got something against white people?

Ha! Nope. But I do have something against hard ice.

bronco militia
06-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Ha! Nope. But I do have something against hard ice.

i see what you did there...... that was close one

24champ
06-05-2012, 03:43 PM
Just got back from San Diego...been watching the games and have to say these playoffs are too surreal. This is unreal, and hasn't totally sunk in, especially when you consider the fact the Kings haven't won a cup in 45 years.

Speaking of 45 years...a Stanley Cup win tomorrow would occur 45 years to the day the first-ever Kings team was put together – during the NHL expansion draft of June 6, 1967. Pretty crazy.

alkemical
06-05-2012, 06:45 PM
in apocolyptica...would the kings be a good omen or bad if they win?

(black kings, devils, fuedalism, etc).

Cmac821
06-05-2012, 10:26 PM
Speaking of 45 years...a Stanley Cup win tomorrow would occur 45 years to the day the first-ever Kings team was put together – during the NHL expansion draft of June 6, 1967. Pretty crazy.

That is a cool fact

maher_tyler
06-05-2012, 10:52 PM
So does Quick have the conn smythe in the bag? The only one even in the conversation would be Kopitar with Doughty a distant third.

Quick without a doubt...in straight up beast mode all playoffs!

2 goals allowed in 3 games in the finals!

Baba Booey
06-06-2012, 07:25 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Quick is the best goalie in the world.

bronco militia
06-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I think it's pretty obvious that Quick is the best goalie in the world.

Quick let in a softie and the devils get one more game

24champ
06-06-2012, 07:58 PM
(bleep)!

It's hard to sweep a team anyway, but Devils finally got some bounces going their way. Kings had plenty of chances in this game, Marty was a brick wall. On to game 5!

Baba Booey
06-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Quick let in a softie and the devils get one more game

And? Happens to everyone.

Best goalie in the world. Glad he'll be on our side in Sochi.

bronco militia
06-06-2012, 08:11 PM

He's playing well now. Let's see where he is in 12 months before you crown him

socalorado
06-07-2012, 06:52 AM

You think he gets the nod over Miller?

Sorry, 24!
They will get it done man.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Taylor Stevens huge breasts sitting behind the nets bench. Classic

bronco militia
06-07-2012, 01:00 PM
http://mt.nesn.com/.a/6a0115709f071f970b0176151ffd3b970c-400wi

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-07-2012, 01:02 PM
Ha! Great shot

bronco militia
06-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Porn Star Taylor Stevens Has Hockey World Buzzing After Appearing Behind Devils Bench, Coach Peter DeBoer

http://www.nesn.com/2012/06/porn-star-taylor-stevens-sits-in-first-row-behind-devils-bench-might-have-distracted-coach-peter-deb.html

24champ
06-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Dater had a story pulled that Deadmarsh is stepping down as Avalanche assistant coach, due to his concussion symptoms that are still lingering. That really sucks to hear.

maher_tyler
06-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Dater had a story pulled that Deadmarsh is stepping down as Avalanche assistant coach, due to his concussion symptoms that are still lingering. That really sucks to hear.

I haven't heard that. Do you have a link?

24champ
06-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I haven't heard that. Do you have a link?

I didn't at first, since Dater pulled the story on his blog. But here is a link based on Dater's story.

Dater passes along a message from Deadmarsh’s wife Christa:

“Adam was hurt (concussion issues) this season and decided that health/family and safety are his priority … Adam enjoyed coaching, but this was the right decision … We are back in Idaho and will love being close to our family again:) Hello Idaho friends … we are home:)”

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/07/concussions-cut-adam-deadmarshs-coaching-career-short/

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Lots of talk about the Canes trying to work out a trade with the Penguins for Jordan Staal, as has been expected.

Almost time for Game 5. Can the Devils extend the series again or will the Kings clinch their first Cup tonight?

SoCalBronco
06-09-2012, 10:01 PM
The Devils stretch it to a 6th game. Should be interesting yet again.

Sid may sign a 10 year deal with PIT in early July at 9m a year. That would be terrific!

:)

alkemical
06-10-2012, 04:58 AM
i'd still rather trade him.

Ray Finkle
06-10-2012, 06:33 AM
The Devils stretch it to a 6th game. Should be interesting yet again.

Sid may sign a 10 year deal with PIT in early July at 9m a year. That would be terrific!

:)

And would cripple the team when the caps changed....

Beantown Bronco
06-10-2012, 07:21 AM
I don't care how good the guy is. You don't sign a 10 year deal to a guy with his concussion history. The Bs are dealing with just a fraction of that hit with Savard and it sucks.

alkemical
06-10-2012, 07:57 AM
tht's why id sell now.

DivineLegion
06-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Lots of talk about the Canes trying to work out a trade with the Penguins for Jordan Staal, as has been expected.

Almost time for Game 5. Can the Devils extend the series again or will the Kings clinch their first Cup tonight?

I don't understand it honestly. I do, and I don't. We would be 8 deep at center with Eric, Jordan, Skinner, Rutuu, Jokinen, Brent, and Sutter. Yes, 3 of those guys play on the wings, but all of them are legit centers. Sutter and J.Staal are the same player, but Sutters numbers can't compare because he's never played with decent wingers. The Canes need blue liners, and wingers. I've heard reports of Eric playing on the wing with Jordan, which would be great considering the last time Eric played the wing he scored 43 goals. Keep the Skins and Fins line together, and sign Alexander Semin...oh, now I'm getting ahead of myself. Jim Rutheford has had a self imposed cap < 10mil under the cap. Taking on Jordan Staal, and his implied salary would handcuff the Canes. Honestly I'll take Sutter, and Jeff Skinners up coming mega contract over two years of dominance.

chadta
06-10-2012, 05:27 PM
And would cripple the team when the caps changed....

not at all, if the cap goes down in the next CBA the current contracts would all just be adjusted like they were the last time, when everybody took a rollback, but i have to question why they would sign a guy who is one hit away from beign a vegetable, trust me, my team has been there, and its not fun in a no cap world, in a cap world its suicide, look at what the flyers are dealing with on pronger, he cant go on LTIR until the season starts, and you can only be 10% over the cap during the offseason, which caused us to lose out on vokuhn, not sure its a bad thing, but still.

Broncolt
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Go devils!!

Ray Finkle
06-11-2012, 10:32 AM
not at all, if the cap goes down in the next CBA the current contracts would all just be adjusted like they were the last time, when everybody took a rollback, but i have to question why they would sign a guy who is one hit away from beign a vegetable, trust me, my team has been there, and its not fun in a no cap world, in a cap world its suicide, look at what the flyers are dealing with on pronger, he cant go on LTIR until the season starts, and you can only be 10% over the cap during the offseason, which caused us to lose out on vokuhn, not sure its a bad thing, but still.

that's the rub this time, they are going to fight against the rollback. If you have a guy with a 9 Mil cap hit and the cap drops 15%, you still have a 9 mil cap hit. It's the # 1 reason the Rangers are not seeking Nash unless they take back a bloated contract (redden)...

Dutch
06-11-2012, 06:11 PM
Funny I was just about to start this thread tonight. Love the ol' ESPN theme Socal. Kings have a shot at their first Cup this year! :strong:

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=731&id=126310&server=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=731&id=126310&server=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

Had to go waaaaaaay back to the second post of this thread and bring this one back up for you 24Champ. Looking good for your boys to end it all tonight. End of the first, 3-0. What a stupid, stupid, stupid penalty. Credit to the Kings for taking full advantage of it.

Jason in LA
06-11-2012, 06:19 PM
This is the longest I've ever watched a hockey game! Watched the entire first period. Looks like it was a good time to finally tune in!

My 16 year old son walks in because he hears me cheering, and he asked, "What's a penalty play?" I was like dude, what kind of question is that? Really thinking about it, I think the only reason why I know what it is was from playing that ice hockey game on Sega years ago. That game was awesome!

So the first period is over and after a few commercial breaks, I'm thinking, man, how long is this intermission? Ah yeah, I'm about to be out.

Well fellas, cool sport yall have here, but I'm going to go back to the NBA thread. ;D

SoCalBronco
06-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Congrats on your first Cup, 24. :)

SouthStndJunkie
06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
Props to the Kings on their first Stanley Cup win.

Boogerboots
06-11-2012, 07:55 PM
All hail the Kings! Glad to see another team get their first cup. Must look good on the Flyers after ditching Richards and Carter just a few years back only to see them win a cup now. Congrats LA!

SouthStndJunkie
06-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Jonathan Quick wins The Conn Smythe Trophy.

OBF1
06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Congratulations to your Los Angeles Kings.

Dutch
06-11-2012, 08:24 PM
All hail the Kings! Glad to see another team get their first cup. Must look good on the Flyers after ditching Richards and Carter just a few years back only to see them win a cup now. Congrats LA!

Agreed.

1st Cup
1st #8 seed to win The Cup
T-2nd fewest games to win The Cup
2nd Team in Pro Sports history to win championship after being coached by three different coaches during championship season.

Baba Booey
06-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Congrats to the Kings and to 24! I'm happy to see an American goalie and captain win.

Despite coming so close, it's hard to be even a little disappointed with this season. After missing the playoffs last year, we topped 100 points, destroyed the Flyers, and ruined the Rangers' dream season. Marty showed he's still got it (although I can't see him playing past '12-'13), Henrique emerged as one of the better young players in the league, Kovalchuk became a complete player, and we found a coach that the team would run through a wall for. I hope we bring back key cogs like Carter, Gionta, Salvador, and (yes, even) Bernier.

For what it's worth, I think Parise stays. He likes it here, loves DeBoer, had a great first year as captain, and the Devils have the cap space to fit a nice contract.

See you all in October.

SoCalBronco
06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Congrats to the Kings and to 24! I'm happy to see an American goalie and captain win.

Despite coming so close, it's hard to be even a little disappointed with this season. After missing the playoffs last year, we topped 100 points, destroyed the Flyers, and ruined the Rangers' dream season. Marty showed he's still got it (although I can't see him playing past '12-'13), Henrique emerged as one of the better young players in the league, Kovalchuk became a complete player, and we found a coach that the team would run through a wall for. I hope we bring back key cogs like Carter, Gionta, Salvador, and (yes, even) Bernier.

For what it's worth, I think Parise stays. He likes it here, loves DeBoer, had a great first year as captain, and the Devils have the cap space to fit a nice contract.

See you all in October.

Congrats on a great postseason run.

cutthemdown
06-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Not really into Hockey in LA but this will probably help.

Kaylore
06-11-2012, 09:39 PM
So much for all the hand wringing that the Devils had taken the momentum away from the Kings. That last seven minutes - especially the last four - was embarrassing.

24champ
06-11-2012, 11:37 PM
It actually happened!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hio7oDVF1qzt1hpo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hp47iXVe1qhkatoo1_1280.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/18/fullj.a32b54d3579fd0f29fb857179c3c0fcf/a32b54d3579fd0f29fb857179c3c0fcf-getty-146194576.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/8e/fullj.1cb868c3c0bfc375feae26634812c07b/1cb868c3c0bfc375feae26634812c07b-getty-146194687.jpg

chadta
06-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Agreed.

1st Cup
1st #8 seed to win The Cup
T-2nd fewest games to win The Cup
2nd Team in Pro Sports history to win championship after being coached by three different coaches during championship season.

you forgot the lowest scoring team in over 50 years to win the cup

awesome to see hextall finally hoist the cup

congrats Champ

socalorado
06-12-2012, 05:42 AM
It actually happened!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hio7oDVF1qzt1hpo1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hp47iXVe1qhkatoo1_1280.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/18/fullj.a32b54d3579fd0f29fb857179c3c0fcf/a32b54d3579fd0f29fb857179c3c0fcf-getty-146194576.jpg
http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/8e/fullj.1cb868c3c0bfc375feae26634812c07b/1cb868c3c0bfc375feae26634812c07b-getty-146194687.jpg

Congrats buddy! You guys deserve it!

24champ
06-12-2012, 10:51 AM

See you all in October.

Great series man, it was a close series...it certainly wasn't going to be a sweep, I knew that. It's very hard to sweep a team in the finals. Your boys made it interesting after winning games 4-5.

As for Parise...the LA Kings will make a run at him. :)

BroncoBen
06-12-2012, 10:56 AM
Congrats to the Kings .. great run.

broncocalijohn
06-12-2012, 12:12 PM
24Champ is suck a bandwagoner. I mean, he has been a fan for maybe a two month stint? I know this was a long time coming for you and welcome to the club! Just remember though, we got our first! GO DUCKS!
BTW, golf course operators have had a deduction in paid fees the last few months. Coincidence? I think not.

24champ
06-14-2012, 05:37 PM
Parade time!

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/24/fullj.4bf089bcb78adbe609930864ed0b8fd3/4bf089bcb78adbe609930864ed0b8fd3-getty-511694055.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/99/fullj.311a8bb8f2fdcc1016d63036935eaab4/311a8bb8f2fdcc1016d63036935eaab4-getty-146350131.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/9e/fullj.9e7159f4386bb491164041b43c3a9920/9e7159f4386bb491164041b43c3a9920-getty-146350308.jpg

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/getty/25/fullj.9970411d2d9aa92af7548be5e4dafa10/9970411d2d9aa92af7548be5e4dafa10-getty-146350320.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1186980/sutter_medium.gif

chadta
06-16-2012, 07:41 AM
When they first showed this story it was as if the kings organization had done this, but it turns out maybe not, either way its still a great gesture.

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/game-on/2012/06/15/kingscapx-inset-community.jpg

paid homage to Ace Bailey and Mark Bavis, Kings scouts who were killed on United Flight 175 on Sept. 11.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/06/hockey-fan-remembers-la-kings-scout-with-ground-zero-gesture/1#.T9yaWrVVnbw

cabronco
06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
After being a Kings fan for 35 years, I will admit I shed a tear or two, or 3...who's counting anyways. Second most sports high I've had with Broncos S.B. win being the first. After the First Vancouver game, I though he had the grit and desire to go the distance. And really took it to teams in our way. I loved so many things in their run, the fashion in which they won thru the playoffs, the parade, inside Staples celebration. Quick F-bombing left & right. Sutters Fist pump or punch was funny as hell. Like I did with the Broncos , I have Kings gear on its way, at least have of it w/ all the back orders. Cheers to the Kings & fans ! We did it ! :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
06-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Congrats to Geno for winning the Hart...nice to see him mention Sarge in his acceptance speech.

Looks like Staal will be on the way out very soon.

Beantown Bronco
06-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Bergeron with some long overdue Selke love. Definitely my favorite Bruin.

Baba Booey
06-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Not NHL related, but I had a pretty brutal experience in my beer league playoffs tonight.

-Double elimination tournament
-Playing the best team in the league, but they got upset in the first round so if we beat them they're done
-We lost in the first round too so if we lose, we're out
-Go down 4-1, early third period
-Storm back
-Two quick goals, two assists for your boy here
-4-3, five minutes left
-Catch a guy flat-footed on the blueline and move in on a 2-on-1
-Butterfly goalie
-Crank a wrister short-side
-Worst player on their team scores on a roller, breaks our back
-Lose 5-3, eliminated

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i403/dperry7/1317437976229.gif

24champ
06-21-2012, 09:09 PM
What position do you play baba?

Baba Booey
06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
Wing in beer league, defense in high school and on my college's club team. Been playing since I was six or seven.

I play in beer leagues pretty much year round. Doesn't get much more fun, to be honest. Older guys (I'm 24) take it so seriously. There were a couple fights in our game tonight.

SoCalBronco
06-21-2012, 09:39 PM
Staal rejects 10 year/60 million dollar offer. He will very likely be moved in the next few days, as has been expected for some time now.

Baba Booey
06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Interesting. I could see him moved to play with Eric, making the Canes a much, much better team.

Rutherford should include anyone Shero wants in that deal not named E. Staal or Skinner.

DivineLegion
06-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Interesting. I could see him moved to play with Eric, making the Canes a much, much better team.

Rutherford should include anyone Shero wants in that deal not named E. Staal or Skinner.

Who else would the Pens want?

Cam Ward isn't going anywhere, Ruutu isn't enough compensation (plus he just signed a lucrative deal), Jokinen isn't a good fit, Sutter is the same player as Jordan, and Faulk/McBane are the only quality young defenders the Canes have. Justin Faulk is way to valuble to move, and McBane wouldn't break the pens top two pairings. Tim Gleason is one of our team leaders, and the only quality veteran defender we have, so he's not leaving. The pens won't want a 30+ yo Brian Allen.

There is only one viable trade...

Joni Pitkenan, Carolina's #1 (8th overall), and either Dryson Bowman or Zach Boychuck.

That's the only trade I see happening.

SoCalBronco
06-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Who else would the Pens want?

Cam Ward isn't going anywhere, Ruutu isn't enough compensation (plus he just signed a lucrative deal), Jokinen isn't a good fit, Sutter is the same player as Jordan, and Faulk/McBane are the only quality young defenders the Canes have. Justin Faulk is way to valuble to move, and McBane wouldn't break the pens top two pairings. Tim Gleason is one of our team leaders, and the only quality veteran defender we have, so he's not leaving. The pens won't want a 30+ yo Brian Allen.

Joni Pitkenan, Carolina's #1 (8th overall), and either Dryson Bowman or Zach Boychuck.

Some rumors of Staal for Yandle swap between PIT and PHX since it was suggested today that the latter is also "available". I'm not sure Staal would take an extension in Phoenix, but its an interesting theory.

I'm not sure there is alot Carolina has that we would want, but we'll see. I'd like someone to take Martin off our hands as part of the deal, plus a very good player.

DivineLegion
06-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Some rumors of Staal for Yandle swap between PIT and PHX since it was suggested today that the latter is also "available". I'm not sure Staal would take an extension in Phoenix, but its an interesting theory.

I'm not sure there is alot Carolina has that we would want, but we'll see. I'd like someone to take Martin off our hands as part of the deal, plus a very good player.

It really doesn't help that Jim Rutheford has tighter strings than your vision of A broke Pat Bowlen. Seriously SoCal could you imagine watching your team wallow in mediocrity because of a self imposed cap. Four players of note last year (ie playoff heros, or regular season wonders) were cap casualties due to Jimmies frugality; Ray Whitney, Erik Cole, Dennis Sidenberg, and Radim Vrbata. All of those guys were canes that didn't get another contract, because of Jimmies penny penching ways.

gyldenlove
06-22-2012, 04:42 AM
Ottawa and Rangers have also been linked - Rangers have enough young players to make the move, not sure about Ottawa since they might have to part with Zabinejad and not sure they want to do that.

Ray Finkle
06-22-2012, 05:14 AM

Jordan is closest to Marc.....hmmm....

DivineLegion
06-22-2012, 08:28 AM
New rumors are circulating that the Canes are pursuing Rick Nash.

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 08:38 AM
New rumors are circulating that the Canes are pursuing Rick Nash.

Supposedly, there are 6 teams currently in the mix for him.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/47689-Analyzing-Rick-Nashs-six-suitors.html

bronco militia
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
sounds like the trade deadline all over again

ZZZ...

24champ
06-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Throw in more draft picks. This years draft sucks.

Apparently Pens GM Shero is pissed that Staal turned down his offer of 10/60.

This may be an understatement but someone close to Pens-Staal negs told me Ray Shero was livid following Staal rejection of 10 yr contract

https://twitter.com/SNLouisJean/status/216191063277305857

Beantown Bronco
06-22-2012, 09:03 AM
Throw in more draft picks. This years draft sucks.

Apparently Pens GM Shero is pissed that Staal turned down his offer of 10/60.

https://twitter.com/SNLouisJean/status/216191063277305857

Must be nice to turn down that much guaranteed money, especially when the new CBA could make things even worse for you as a player. I'm surprised they offered that much to be honest.