PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

chadta
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
*cough* fix *cough*

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBrdSZ0t_-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it would seem you may have a point

teknic
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/yBrdSZ0t_-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it would seem you may have a point

“Those clocks are sophisticated instruments that calculate time by measuring electrical charges called coulombs — given the rapidity and volume of electrons that move through the measuring device the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the delay you see — the delay is just recalibrating for the clock moving too quickly during the 10 – 10ths of a second before the delay — this insures that the actual playing time during a period is exactly 20 minutes.

That is not an opinion — that is science — amazing devise quite frankly.”

http://everyroadtaken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Its-Science.jpg

chadta
02-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by GM of Kings, Dean Lombardi

now he wouldnt have an reason to make things up now would he ?

im going to go ahead and call BS on that

Replays indicate it took exactly 1:00.8 seconds to play the final 1:00.0 of Wednesday's Blue Jackets-Kings game, which accounts for the one stoppage of play that occurred with 17 seconds remaining in the period. When the clock stopped at 1.8, it wasn't to self-correct, as Lombardi suggests, it was a mistake.

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Trade deadline:

Here are my guesses for which teams will be active and at least try to land or ship some talent.

Buyers:

Philly: top 4 defenseman. For better or worse the Flyers made went all in with trading Richards and Carter and signing Bryzgalov, they have a ton of shots on goal and score lots of goals but they allow way too many. My guess is they may try to land Sarich from Calgary or Oduya from Winnipeg.

Rangers: top 6 forward. I think they go to Phoenix and get Langkow or Hemsky from Edmonton. With only 4 players in double digits for goals they need to add goal scoring, there is no way they will be able to comfortable ride Hank to the EC final.

Chicago: Veteran goaltender, defenseman. Chicago has been giving up too many goals for comfort and their goaltending situation is not good right now. I think they will try to get a stay at home 3rd pair defenseman to help shore up the back end, maybe a Scott Hannan or Kurt Sauer. I believe Chicago is the front runner for Nabokov, he has experience, is cheap and has an expiring contract which is all good for the Hawks.

Sellers:

Columbus: They have 3 big expiring contracts and at least 2 of those players are not resigning at market value, they have no shot at playoffs this year and they have quite a bit of money tied up in long bad contracts so any relief and prospects/picks they can get will be welcome.

Buffalo: Another team that is already out of the playoffs and know it. They spend so much money so unwisely during the summer that they are in a similar situation to Calgary in the near future (big unmovable long term contracts with players who will never perform at anywhere near the level they are being paid). If they can move Boyes and Hecht that would be a start - Boyes will definitely not be resigned. An outsider to be moved is Regehr who is a solid stay at home top 4 guy with a year left on his deal - could go to a team lacking defensive talent like Philly or St Louis.

Calgary: Calgary has held off on doing a rebuild for far too long, I am not sure if it is the drive to be slightly better than Edmonton or just stupidity that has caused this, but as a result they are up the creek with no paddle. They have Cammaleri, Bouwmeester, Stajan and Giordano on long contracts with huge hits and if you can find any team with 4 players who are more overpaid for longer than that quartet I would like to see it. To make matters worse half their roster has no-trade or no-movement clauses. Best case scenario they can get some value for Sarich, Hannan and Stempniak and somehow convince a guy with a no-trade clause to accept a trade and get rid of a bad deal, but ultimately they have very little cap room and very little talent.

maher_tyler
02-04-2012, 12:15 PM
The same reason Edmonton traded Ryan Smyth - the Avs are not going anywhere right now, if they can get some picks for Hejduk and then sign him in free agency why wouldn't they give him a shot at playoffs?

You have never seen Doan cheap shot anyone? Doan hits people behind the play more than anyone I can think of in the league, I am not sure if it is because he is slow or misanthropic but you will see a defender make a stretch pass out of the zone, then take 3 or 4 strides and then Doan will blindside him.

It's possible but like I said, I'd be shocked if we traded him. We need better players/vets! Hejduk gives us both and he's our Captain. Not very often teams trade away there career long player and Captain! The Varly trade is looking like an epic fail at this point. Wish they would have just stuck with Giggy and been done with it at the goalie position. Bujda(sp?) was a decent backup. Not sure what it is but it's frustrating. I see teams change coaches and turn there season around...St Louis and LA come to mind. Yet we stick with a guy that hasn't proven jack ****.

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 01:06 PM
It's possible but like I said, I'd be shocked if we traded him. We need better players/vets! Hejduk gives us both and he's our Captain. Not very often teams trade away there career long player and Captain! The Varly trade is looking like an epic fail at this point. Wish they would have just stuck with Giggy and been done with it at the goalie position. Bujda(sp?) was a decent backup. Not sure what it is but it's frustrating. I see teams change coaches and turn there season around...St Louis and LA come to mind. Yet we stick with a guy that hasn't proven jack ****.

The only way to really start over is to move a forward or two and get some value coming the other way - you have no season to salvage and no playoffs to prepare for, so if you can load up with trade ammo for the offseason when a few teams will almost surely have to move salary out you could be in good shape.

A guy like Derek Roy could be moved if he doesn't go at the deadline (Buffalo is going to be hard against the ceiling), Vancouver will almost certainly have to shed some salary given the pay raises coming up for Raymond and especially Cory Schneider (they won't move Kesler or the Sedin's but Booth or Keith Ballard could both be had I am sure).

The question for me with Hejduk is if he is going to have a realistic shot at another cup in Colorado before he retires? If he could go as a rental to the Rangers and get a shot at a cup this year, then you trade back for him after the season is over and resign him - it will net you a 2nd round pick or something similar which would be nice to have as trade bait in the offseason and you get to save a salary payment or two.

Ray Finkle
02-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Trade deadline:

Here are my guesses for which teams will be active and at least try to land or ship some talent.

Buyers:

Philly: top 4 defenseman. For better or worse the Flyers made went all in with trading Richards and Carter and signing Bryzgalov, they have a ton of shots on goal and score lots of goals but they allow way too many. My guess is they may try to land Sarich from Calgary or Oduya from Winnipeg.

Rangers: top 6 forward. I think they go to Phoenix and get Langkow or Hemsky from Edmonton. With only 4 players in double digits for goals they need to add goal scoring, there is no way they will be able to comfortable ride Hank to the EC final.

Chicago: Veteran goaltender, defenseman. Chicago has been giving up too many goals for comfort and their goaltending situation is not good right now. I think they will try to get a stay at home 3rd pair defenseman to help shore up the back end, maybe a Scott Hannan or Kurt Sauer. I believe Chicago is the front runner for Nabokov, he has experience, is cheap and has an expiring contract which is all good for the Hawks.

Sellers:

Columbus: They have 3 big expiring contracts and at least 2 of those players are not resigning at market value, they have no shot at playoffs this year and they have quite a bit of money tied up in long bad contracts so any relief and prospects/picks they can get will be welcome.

Buffalo: Another team that is already out of the playoffs and know it. They spend so much money so unwisely during the summer that they are in a similar situation to Calgary in the near future (big unmovable long term contracts with players who will never perform at anywhere near the level they are being paid). If they can move Boyes and Hecht that would be a start - Boyes will definitely not be resigned. An outsider to be moved is Regehr who is a solid stay at home top 4 guy with a year left on his deal - could go to a team lacking defensive talent like Philly or St Louis.

Calgary: Calgary has held off on doing a rebuild for far too long, I am not sure if it is the drive to be slightly better than Edmonton or just stupidity that has caused this, but as a result they are up the creek with no paddle. They have Cammaleri, Bouwmeester, Stajan and Giordano on long contracts with huge hits and if you can find any team with 4 players who are more overpaid for longer than that quartet I would like to see it. To make matters worse half their roster has no-trade or no-movement clauses. Best case scenario they can get some value for Sarich, Hannan and Stempniak and somehow convince a guy with a no-trade clause to accept a trade and get rid of a bad deal, but ultimately they have very little cap room and very little talent.

DL is a possibility but no way on Hemsky. He is not a Tortella player. I think they are more likely to go with a Whitney or try to pry Selanne or Smyth for a high pick/mid level prospect.

bronco militia
02-04-2012, 03:00 PM
and the avs lose 5 in a row.....

**** this team!

:gripe:>:'(>:'(>:'(>:'(:gripe:

chadta
02-04-2012, 03:51 PM
good assessment GL

BUT, all those bad contracts may not matter, whats to say that the next CBA doesnt allow them to just walk away, or they dont have another buy out day with no cap penalty. It could be totally different next year.

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 04:07 PM
good assessment GL

BUT, all those bad contracts may not matter, whats to say that the next CBA doesnt allow them to just walk away, or they dont have another buy out day with no cap penalty. It could be totally different next year.

It could, but the main difference between the old contracts and the new contracts is that buying out say a Ville Leino will cost 10+ million, even at 60 cents to the dollar. Contracts are longer now which makes them much harder to buy out, even with no cap hit few owners would be willing to throw 10 million or more at a player they have already paid handsomly.

My guess would be that the players take of the revenue drops to around 52% from 57% (lowering of the salary cap) and an allowance is made for small market teams to be below the floor if they are say among the bottom 10 revenue teams.

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
DL is a possibility but no way on Hemsky. He is not a Tortella player. I think they are more likely to go with a Whitney or try to pry Selanne or Smyth for a high pick/mid level prospect.

How much does Torts really have to say about player movements? My impression is that Sather pretty much does what he wants to, I didn't think Gaborik was really a Torts type player but he is still there. They haven't won the division in nearly 20 years, I think there is going to be a big push for the Rangers this year to make it deep, a lot of pressure on that organization.

chadta
02-04-2012, 04:15 PM
remember when the last contract was signed when they could outright cut players, i wouldnt be surprised to see this happen again, Im also curious to see what they do about the realignment since the players vetoed the bettman proposal.

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 04:31 PM
remember when the last contract was signed when they could outright cut players, i wouldnt be surprised to see this happen again, Im also curious to see what they do about the realignment since the players vetoed the bettman proposal.

Unless the next season is shortened from work stoppage they won't do another round of realignment talks until the CBA is done and it won't take effect until the 2013-14 season.

The most elegant solution would be to shut down operations in Long Island and Phoenix, go to 28 teams, have 4 divisions of 7 and change the Bettman proposal as necesary. As it stands they are more likely to just go the 1-1-1 swap with Winnipeg to the Northwest, Minnesota to Central, Nashville to Southeast. That will leave almost everyone as losers so nobody can really complain.

chadta
02-04-2012, 04:51 PM
Unless the next season is shortened from work stoppage they won't do another round of realignment talks until the CBA is done and it won't take effect until the 2013-14 season.

The most elegant solution would be to shut down operations in Long Island and Phoenix, go to 28 teams, have 4 divisions of 7 and change the Bettman proposal as necesary. As it stands they are more likely to just go the 1-1-1 swap with Winnipeg to the Northwest, Minnesota to Central, Nashville to Southeast. That will leave almost everyone as losers so nobody can really complain.

while i personally agree with the nashville move, they may as well just fold that whole south east, i mean really, nashville, carolina, florida and tampa, talk about playing where nobody cares, hell even the people in most of those cities dont care about the games, why should we.

id also like to see detroit get back into the east,

gyldenlove
02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
while i personally agree with the nashville move, they may as well just fold that whole south east, i mean really, nashville, carolina, florida and tampa, talk about playing where nobody cares, hell even the people in most of those cities dont care about the games, why should we.

id also like to see detroit get back into the east,

As much as I would love to see Detroit get away from Chicago, San Jose and Vancouver, I doubt they are going to the east unless there is a massive restructuring.

The problem with the Southeast is that there are so many teams in that area who should move but there is nowhere to move them to. Hockey will never be relevant in the South east, even though both Tampa and Carolina have won Stanley cups relatively recently those teams are utterly irrelevant even in their own markets.

I thought the Bettman proposal addressed most of the current issues with the divisional structure, every division had relevant teams, no team would play more than 1 time zone away in division games every team got to see every other team at least once per year.

maher_tyler
02-04-2012, 11:52 PM
The only way to really start over is to move a forward or two and get some value coming the other way - you have no season to salvage and no playoffs to prepare for, so if you can load up with trade ammo for the offseason when a few teams will almost surely have to move salary out you could be in good shape.

A guy like Derek Roy could be moved if he doesn't go at the deadline (Buffalo is going to be hard against the ceiling), Vancouver will almost certainly have to shed some salary given the pay raises coming up for Raymond and especially Cory Schneider (they won't move Kesler or the Sedin's but Booth or Keith Ballard could both be had I am sure).

The question for me with Hejduk is if he is going to have a realistic shot at another cup in Colorado before he retires? If he could go as a rental to the Rangers and get a shot at a cup this year, then you trade back for him after the season is over and resign him - it will net you a 2nd round pick or something similar which would be nice to have as trade bait in the offseason and you get to save a salary payment or two.

That sounds like a good idea. I kinda question some of the moves the Front Office has made. Trading Liles for almost nothing was terrible. Moving him in the first place was a bad move. As of right now, i would rather have Stewart and Shattenkirk back from St Louis as well. Johnson and most of our D turn the puck over and give up multiple breakaways. And as i've mentioned, the Varlamov trade. Don't forget not re-signing Brunette a few years ago, instead they signed Darcy Tucker. When they do bring guys in, it's usually players that'd be on most teams 3rd and 4th line. The best move i can think of was picking up Gigure this past off season.

Ray Finkle
02-05-2012, 07:43 AM
How much does Torts really have to say about player movements? My impression is that Sather pretty much does what he wants to, I didn't think Gaborik was really a Torts type player but he is still there. They haven't won the division in nearly 20 years, I think there is going to be a big push for the Rangers this year to make it deep, a lot of pressure on that organization.

a lot of say....which is why Avery is not on the team any longer. They're not going for a quick fix to win it all this year. The way they've built up their minor league rosters is for the long haul. Sather will not bring someone into the mix unless he fits Tort's requirements. So no pansy, non-forechecking forwards are allowed.

gyldenlove
02-05-2012, 09:49 AM
a lot of say....which is why Avery is not on the team any longer. They're not going for a quick fix to win it all this year. The way they've built up their minor league rosters is for the long haul. Sather will not bring someone into the mix unless he fits Tort's requirements. So no pansy, non-forechecking forwards are allowed.

Interesting, Sather is getting soft im his old age it seems, that is not how he used to run the show.

gyldenlove
02-05-2012, 09:54 AM
That sounds like a good idea. I kinda question some of the moves the Front Office has made. Trading Liles for almost nothing was terrible. Moving him in the first place was a bad move. As of right now, i would rather have Stewart and Shattenkirk back from St Louis as well. Johnson and most of our D turn the puck over and give up multiple breakaways. And as i've mentioned, the Varlamov trade. Don't forget not re-signing Brunette a few years ago, instead they signed Darcy Tucker. When they do bring guys in, it's usually players that'd be on most teams 3rd and 4th line. The best move i can think of was picking up Gigure this past off season.

I never understood trading Liles, the strength of Colorado in the glory years was talent at center and defense, Liles was really the best you had left and he was moved out.

I think moving Shattenkirk and Stewart was the right thing to do, you sold Stewart high and got Johnson back, I still think he with the right coaching and the right partner can be very good.

You do need a goalie, Varlamov may be good some day but right now he needs to spend a lot of time with a coach and a good vet who can really show him the way around the league - like Jimmy Howard did with Osgood.

Bronx33
02-05-2012, 10:27 AM
avs pissed away another point yesterday with 24 seconds left ( sigh)

Bronx33
02-05-2012, 10:29 AM
I never understood trading Liles, the strength of Colorado in the glory years was talent at center and defense, Liles was really the best you had left and he was moved out.

I think moving Shattenkirk and Stewart was the right thing to do, you sold Stewart high and got Johnson back, I still think he with the right coaching and the right partner can be very good.

You do need a goalie, Varlamov may be good some day but right now he needs to spend a lot of time with a coach and a good vet who can really show him the way around the league - like Jimmy Howard did with Osgood.

Howard benefits from playing behind a great defense take that away and i believe hes an average at best goalie.

Pendejo
02-05-2012, 10:31 AM
avs pissed away another point yesterday with 24 seconds left ( sigh)

The whole organization is a complete mess.

Bronx33
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Na just young and i am not sure about sacco as the answer.

maher_tyler
02-05-2012, 10:41 AM

It starts with Sacco. When Winnik is getting the same amount of ice time as guys like Stastny, O'Rielly, Landeskog, Duchene and 4 minutes more than Galiardi, i have a problem!! Wish they would fire him and get it over with. He isn't taking us anywhere. That much is clear. Last year it was injuries. Well, we've been mostly healthy and we still haven't done ****. We had chances to make a move but stood there and did jack. It's the same thing when there are quality free agents to be had.

gyldenlove
02-05-2012, 11:04 AM
Howard benefits from playing behind a great defense take that away and i believe hes an average at best goalie.

Not anymore, last year Howard kept the Wings in playoff contention when they gave up more than 30 shots per game.

bronco militia
02-05-2012, 11:53 AM
I wish the avs had a goalie as talented as Howard

god damn it!

Ray Finkle
02-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Another Rangers win....let's see how long Moore gets a suspension...

BroncosSR
02-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Just give the Vezina and Hart trophy to Lundquist now. The guy is just disgusting.

gyldenlove
02-14-2012, 06:58 PM
21 straight home wins for the Red Wings - new NHL record!

If they get home-ice advantage in the playoffs they are going to be favoured, they are winning more than 90% of their home games this year.

Baba Booey
02-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Another Rangers win....let's see how long Moore gets a suspension...

Seems like the only team they can't beat is the Devils.

By the way, Kovalchuk had a hat trick tonight.

Ray Finkle
02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Let's check back in around a month.

so...................

it's been about a month....how they doing now?

Beantown Bronco
02-15-2012, 06:26 AM
Just give the Vezina and Hart trophy to Lundquist now. The guy is just disgusting.

Yup - he was freaking ridiculous last night. We'll just have to take out our frustrations on the Canadiens tonight.

Ray Finkle
02-15-2012, 08:05 AM
Seems like the only team they can't beat is the Devils.

By the way, Kovalchuk had a hat trick tonight.

they always play each other close...

Smiling Assassin27
02-15-2012, 08:11 AM

If they get home-ice advantage in the playoffs they are going to be favoured, they are winning more than 90% of their home games this year.

If they can add one more forward for the playoff run, i think they're sitting pretty. Still, the one team they match up badly with is the Sharks--whom they have not played at home yet. February 19th will tell us a lot.

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 09:03 AM
If they can add one more forward for the playoff run, i think they're sitting pretty. Still, the one team they match up badly with is the Sharks--whom they have not played at home yet. February 19th will tell us a lot.

I think they are sitting pretty already, bear in mind they will call up their young guys for the playoffs like they did with Helm and Abby. The defense is playing much better this year and if Jimmy can come back from his broken finger we should be all right.

Currently the only team in the West that worries me is Vancouver because of the long-ass flight out there.

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 10:12 AM

If the playoffs happened now, Sharks are #3 seed with 68 points and Vancouver is #2 seed with 75 points. That might have to be a finals matchup to get to that point. Then again, Sharks like to choke in high seeded positions so it might be a mute point.

Currently the only team in the West that worries me is Vancouver because of the long-ass flight out there.

Excuse me for my geography ignorance but isn't it a shorter flight from Detroit to Vancouver then it would be to California? If not, it can't be a huge difference. Plus, suck it up Detroit! Bruins had no problem finishing the Canucks off last season in Vancouver.

By the way, Ducks one game from evening up their losses and 8 games out of the 8th seed. They played the Red Wings to a shoot out just last week. Win a tough game vs the Penguins tonight(after playing and winning last night) could move them to 6 points out.

alkemical
02-15-2012, 10:14 AM
Without 87, the pens aren't built to win a cup (Unless Staal turns into unreal beast mode for the playoffs).

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Excuse me for my geography ignorance but isn't it a shorter flight from Detroit to Vancouver then it would be to California? If not, it can't be a huge difference. Plus, suck it up Detroit! Bruins had no problem finishing the Canucks off last season in Vancouver.

By the way, Ducks one game from evening up their losses and 8 games out of the 8th seed. They played the Red Wings to a shoot out just last week. Win a tough game vs the Penguins tonight(after playing and winning last night) could move them to 6 points out.

San Jose may be as far as away as Vancouver, probably is, but they are not as good as Vancouver and not a team I am particularly worried about. If Vancouver was in the Central or Eastern time zone I wouldn't worry about them either, but the long flight, the 3 hour time difference and the fact they are a pretty good team does worry me.

The Bruins also never had to play any games other than the trips to Vancouver out of their own time zone - if the Red Wings can make the Western conference final with no trips out of the Eastern time zone I wouldn't worry about Vancouver either - but throw in a couple of flights to California and suddenly you have 3 or 4 flights across 3 time zones in a few weeks.

Beantown Bronco
02-15-2012, 11:18 AM
The Bruins also never had to play any games other than the trips to Vancouver out of their own time zone - if the Red Wings can make the Western conference final with no trips out of the Eastern time zone I wouldn't worry about Vancouver either - but throw in a couple of flights to California and suddenly you have 3 or 4 flights across 3 time zones in a few weeks.

Bah, suck it up. :)

The Bs may not have left their time zone, but it's not like Tampa Bay was just around the corner.

BroncosSR
02-15-2012, 04:37 PM
so...................

it's been about a month....how they doing now?

Lundquist is King.

Ray Finkle
02-15-2012, 05:41 PM
Lundquist is King.

Losing Pronger really hurt the Flyers.

chadta
02-15-2012, 05:44 PM

*** for the shoot out wins, but still pretty dang impressive

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 05:47 PM
*** for the shoot out wins, but still pretty dang impressive

Meh, both the other records have had other things going for them - I will take it.

chadta
02-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Meh, both the other records have had other things going for them - I will take it.

Really ?

20 outright wins in 60 minutes = 20 wins some in overtime and some in shootouts ?

sorry but i disagree

broncocalijohn
02-15-2012, 07:46 PM
Without 87, the pens aren't built to win a cup (Unless Staal turns into unreal beast mode for the playoffs).

Couldnt beat the Ducks who were tired from playing the night before in Minnesota. Ducks 6 points out of a playoff spot. Why they do this every year instead of being consistent is beyond me. Changing coaches seems to have been one big advantage. He is still hated in Pittsburgh.

gyldenlove
02-15-2012, 08:56 PM
Really ?

20 outright wins in 60 minutes = 20 wins some in overtime and some in shootouts ?

sorry but i disagree

Boston never played back to backs, the Wings have during that 20 game stretch been on the 2nd night of back to back games 5 times, Boston never traveled futher than Chicago, the Wings have been in both California and BC during their stretch.

The Flyers got to play the Kansas City scouts and Washington Capitals who combined to win 23 games that year, tie 22 and lose 115. They also played the North Stars and Red Wings and Golden Seals all of whom struggled to win 33% of their games that year, they had the Rangers twice who barely got above .33. That is 7 of 20 games played against teams hovering around or below .33 win percentage, in comparing the Red Wings have had 1 such game during their 21, against Columbus. If 1/3 of the teams the Red Wings had beaten had been AHL teams I wouldn't consider it much of a feat to be honest.

maher_tyler
02-15-2012, 09:15 PM
When is Duchene suppose to be back?? Thought he was suppose to only be out for a month...he's been skating, i was expecting him back right after the all star game.

Baba Booey
02-15-2012, 10:33 PM
they always play each other close...

A playoff series between the two this year would be a joy, but would also take about a decade off the end of my life.

chadta
02-16-2012, 03:46 AM
Boston never played back to backs, the Wings have during that 20 game stretch been on the 2nd night of back to back games 5 times, Boston never traveled futher than Chicago, the Wings have been in both California and BC during their stretch.

The Flyers got to play the Kansas City scouts and Washington Capitals who combined to win 23 games that year, tie 22 and lose 115. They also played the North Stars and Red Wings and Golden Seals all of whom struggled to win 33% of their games that year, they had the Rangers twice who barely got above .33. That is 7 of 20 games played against teams hovering around or below .33 win percentage, in comparing the Red Wings have had 1 such game during their 21, against Columbus. If 1/3 of the teams the Red Wings had beaten had been AHL teams I wouldn't consider it much of a feat to be honest.

Yeah well thanks to 3 point games all teams are a little better. I still think outright winning games is more impressive, i wouldnt care if they played my sons minor hockey team, to do it in 60 minutes means something. The previous records opponents got 0 points in all games played, the wings opponents have got what 4 or 5 ?

Call it an unbeaten streak like it really is, because if not for the skills competition / shoot out its not a win streak.

Ray Finkle
02-16-2012, 03:48 AM
A playoff series between the two this year would be a joy, but would also take about a decade off the end of my life.

I hear you...94 was one of the best.

alkemical
02-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Couldnt beat the Ducks who were tired from playing the night before in Minnesota. Ducks 6 points out of a playoff spot. Why they do this every year instead of being consistent is beyond me. Changing coaches seems to have been one big advantage. He is still hated in Pittsburgh.

Who's changing coaches, and who's still hated. I'm totally lost on this one.

broncocalijohn
02-16-2012, 12:52 PM
Who's changing coaches, and who's still hated. I'm totally lost on this one.

Ducks go the old Capitals coach. The Penguins' fans still hate on the rivals old coach.

chadta
02-16-2012, 05:18 PM
hey champ

simmonds with 2 more so far tonight

now with 20 on the year, is richie even playing yet ?

alkemical
02-17-2012, 06:06 AM
Ducks go the old Capitals coach. The Penguins' fans still hate on the rivals old coach.

They do?

Hmph, doesn't seem to bother me at all. If some people are hung up on that kinda stuff, they're insane.

SouthStndJunkie
02-17-2012, 10:53 AM
Going to the Preds/Wings game tonight at The Joe.

Smiling Assassin27
02-17-2012, 10:56 AM
Going to the Preds/Wings game tonight at The Joe.

I hear Z is doubtful tonight. Enjoy, man.

SouthStndJunkie
02-17-2012, 11:11 AM
I hear Z is doubtful tonight. Enjoy, man.

The Freep is now saying that he skated at practice and might play tonight.

A few days ago it sounded like he would miss tonight's game for sure.

Smiling Assassin27
02-17-2012, 11:28 AM
The Freep is now saying that he skated at practice and might play tonight.

A few days ago it sounded like he would miss tonight's game for sure.

I was a little surprised they brought up Tatar instead of Nyquist but maybe they wanna let scouts see what Tatar can do for a future trade or something.

bronco militia
02-17-2012, 11:39 AM
go Preds

Smiling Assassin27
02-17-2012, 01:19 PM
go Preds

ROFL!

I heard that Preds fans actually exist but figured they were a myth!

bronco militia
02-17-2012, 02:18 PM
ROFL!

I heard that Preds fans actually exist but figured they were a myth!

only when they play your Wings....

Smiling Assassin27
02-17-2012, 02:23 PM
only when they play your Wings....

:~ohyah!:

Figured as much...lol.

chadta
02-17-2012, 02:35 PM
:~ohyah!:

Figured as much...lol.

i never woulda believed it if i didnt see it with my own eyes either

bronco militia
02-17-2012, 05:53 PM
i never woulda believed it if i didnt see it with my own eyes either

Lol.....the only preds fans I know are diehhard broncos/titans fans and they only care about the preds when football is over

SouthStndJunkie
02-18-2012, 09:59 AM
Great finish to the game last night.

Datsyuk scores the game winner with 5 seconds left in the game.

22 wins in a row at home.

Had a fun night hanging out in Greektown after the game.

Beantown Bronco
02-19-2012, 07:02 AM
Had a fun night hanging out in Greektown after the game.

Half the women there have to shave their faces more often than I do.

SoCalBronco
02-19-2012, 10:39 AM
James Neal signs a 6 year extension with Pittsburgh for 5m per year. Good job RS! Neal and Geno have great chemistry.

SouthStndJunkie
02-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Wings 3

Sharts 2

23 home wins in a row for the Wings.

maher_tyler
02-21-2012, 07:20 PM
Avs trade Quincey to TB for Steve Downie who trade Quincey to Detroit for a 1st rounder.

Some how I think the Avs made yet another dumb trade. Hope it works out though.

gyldenlove
02-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Avs trade Quincey to TB for Steve Downie who trade Quincey to Detroit for a 1st rounder.

Some how I think the Avs made yet another dumb trade. Hope it works out though.

I have to say I don't get that move for the Avs. Downie is not that much younger than Quincey, they are both RFAs and I just don't see how adding Downie will help their playoff chances when they trade away the defender who plays the most minutes.

I am assuming the idea is to lock up Downie and have him be a 2nd line winger who adds some sand paper and can protect Landeskog and Duchene, but with all the expiring contracts the Avs have, I just can't help but feel that adding another one is not the right way to go.

Baba Booey
02-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Devils win again.

9-1-1 since the all star break.

24champ
02-23-2012, 04:29 PM
hey champ

simmonds with 2 more so far tonight

now with 20 on the year, is richie even playing yet ?

Chadta it looks like Carter and Richie will reunite in Los Angeles.

Jack Johnson and a 1st to CLB for Carter.

Bit steep, and trade is pending a physical.

chadta
02-23-2012, 05:10 PM

i was just coming in to ask you if it was true, if so the kings have truely become the west coast flyers LOL

how much trouble could the party boys possibly get into in LA

maher_tyler
02-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I have to say I don't get that move for the Avs. Downie is not that much younger than Quincey, they are both RFAs and I just don't see how adding Downie will help their playoff chances when they trade away the defender who plays the most minutes.

I am assuming the idea is to lock up Downie and have him be a 2nd line winger who adds some sand paper and can protect Landeskog and Duchene, but with all the expiring contracts the Avs have, I just can't help but feel that adding another one is not the right way to go.

We'll see...we have a lot of young talent on D. Hell, young talent every where. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a top 10 team in 2-3 years. So inconsistent right now. One night we look good, the next were gettin killed 5-1.

maher_tyler
02-23-2012, 07:12 PM

Looks like you are right...

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/story/_/id/7609182/columbus-blue-jackets-ship-jeff-carter-los-angeles-kings-jack-johnson

BroncosSR

Thought it was a bit steep too. Would have done JJ for Carter straight up. I'll take a franchise defenseman any day of the week.

gyldenlove
We'll see...we have a lot of young talent on D. Hell, young talent every where. I wouldn't be surprised if we're a top 10 team in 2-3 years. So inconsistent right now. One night we look good, the next were gettin killed 5-1.

You really need either a good coach who can sculpt the talent or a good veteran or two who can lead the lockerroom and help develop the kids.

maher_tyler
02-23-2012, 07:38 PM
You really need either a good coach who can sculpt the talent or a good veteran or two who can lead the lockerroom and help develop the kids.

Hejduk looks to be a good Captain. If we miss the playoffs, there needs to be a coaching change. Way to much young talent to piss away with such ****ty coaching!

24champ
02-23-2012, 09:43 PM
Thought it was a bit steep too. Would have done JJ for Carter straight up. I'll take a franchise defenseman any day of the week.

Honestly, I am going to miss Jack. Watched him from the get go, and was excited as hell to get him in the trade with Carolina. Watched him grow into a good player, and still hasn't reached his potential. Hockey wise this was a good trade...but as a fan this sucks. Jack was a true King, he signed a fair contract extension to stick around in LA. The 1st rounder better be this years draft, it doesn't look to be a very quality draft but either way I expect Dean (if he makes it out of this season with his job still intact) to move around as usual on the draft board.

24champ
02-23-2012, 09:49 PM
i was just coming in to ask you if it was true, if so the kings have truely become the west coast flyers LOL

how much trouble could the party boys possibly get into in LA

We were the LA Oilers in the late 80s and early 90s and now the LA Flyers.

FWIW, I couldn't care less if Richie and Carter party in LA, long as they score goals like they were doing in Philly.

SoCalBronco
02-23-2012, 09:55 PM
Honestly, I am going to miss Jack. Watched him from the get go, and was excited as hell to get him in the trade with Carolina. Watched him grow into a good player, and still hasn't reached his potential. Hockey wise this was a good trade...but as a fan this sucks. Jack was a true King, he signed a fair contract extension to stick around in LA. The 1st rounder better be this years draft, it doesn't look to be a very quality draft but either way I expect Dean (if he makes it out of this season with his job still intact) to move around as usual on the draft board.

JMFJ will be a fan favorite in Philly because he's a big hitter.

maher_tyler
02-23-2012, 10:04 PM
Quincey throws Avs under the bus!! Wonder how much of what he said is true??

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012/02/23/quincey-throws-avs-under-the-bus-then-backs-over-for-good-measure/9780/

24champ
02-23-2012, 10:18 PM

He's in Columbus, not Philly.

That being said, Shero should call Howie and trade for Jack to reunite him with Sid because I wouldn't be surprised to see Jack get traded again in the near future.

24champ
02-23-2012, 10:21 PM
Quincey throws Avs under the bus!! Wonder how much of what he said is true??

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2012/02/23/quincey-throws-avs-under-the-bus-then-backs-over-for-good-measure/9780/

And just like that...Quincey is back in the good graces of Wing fans. LOL

Saturday's game should be interesting.

maher_tyler
02-24-2012, 12:04 AM
And just like that...Quincey is back in the good graces of Wing fans. LOL

Saturday's game should be interesting.

It's whatever, he can kiss my ass for all i care! He was decent offensively but was lacking on the defensive side of things.

Broncos_OTM
02-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Cant read it what did it say

maher_tyler
02-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Cant read it what did it say

Basically he was glad to leave and that others on the team were jealous he got traded and they didn't. Not sure he'd be saying that had he been traded to a non cup contending team. I didn't think he was anything special..made a lot of boneheaded plays/turned the puck over resulting in goals.

chadta
02-24-2012, 03:50 AM
We were the LA Oilers in the late 80s and early 90s and now the LA Flyers.

FWIW, I couldn't care less if Richie and Carter party in LA, long as they score goals like they were doing in Philly.

i said the same thing, but it got to a point where it seemed like they would rather party then play hockey.

hopefully carter has grown out of his blast down the wing and shoot high and wide or he is going to drive you nuts, if he would just drive the net a little or maybe make a pass he could do so much more.

Ray Finkle
02-24-2012, 04:59 AM

???

You do know Carter was in Columbus.....Are the Blue Jackets in the giving mood?

24champ
02-24-2012, 09:58 AM
i said the same thing, but it got to a point where it seemed like they would rather party then play hockey.

hopefully carter has grown out of his blast down the wing and shoot high and wide or he is going to drive you nuts, if he would just drive the net a little or maybe make a pass he could do so much more.

Carter does need be a little more aggressive and we do need a sniper so badly, someone to rifle the biscuit into the net. Hopefully the excitement of Carter reuniting with Richie spreads throughout the team, because the Kings have looked like they have all but given up on the playoffs.

Anyway, looks like the Kings aren't done wheeling and dealing. Dustin Brown is on his way out, per Bobby Mac of TSN. Buffalo, Toronto and New York Rangers are rumored landing spots.

Pendejo
02-24-2012, 07:24 PM
Carter does need be a little more aggressive and we do need a sniper so badly, someone to rifle the biscuit into the net. Hopefully the excitement of Carter reuniting with Richie spreads throughout the team, because the Kings have looked like they have all but given up on the playoffs.

Anyway, looks like the Kings aren't done wheeling and dealing. Dustin Brown is on his way out, per Bobby Mac of TSN. Buffalo, Toronto and New York Rangers are rumored landing spots.

Yeah they looked like slop against the Avs the other night. Granted it was the second game of a back to back, but they didn't even skate.

What do you think about them possibly moving Thustin Louganis? And who would you like to see come back the other way?

SoCalBronco
02-25-2012, 03:57 PM
Geno=Monster.

Ray Finkle
02-25-2012, 04:09 PM

Odd that I'd rather have Brown than Nash on the Rangers?

chadta
02-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Odd that I'd rather have Brown than Nash on the Rangers?

id rather have brown then nash too

in a cap world, before the cap where players could be shipped off, maybe not, but thats not the world we live in, hopefully the next cba will allow us to get out from the bryzaster of a contract we have in net.

Ray Finkle
02-27-2012, 07:06 PM

in a cap world, before the cap where players could be shipped off, maybe not, but thats not the world we live in, hopefully the next cba will allow us to get out from the bryzaster of a contract we have in net.

Yeah, that's an awful deal in hindsight but it is only the first year. Who knows what he can do in the playoffs.

BroncosSR
02-27-2012, 07:54 PM

Would you get rid of him if you could with some sort of amnesty clause with the new CBA?

At this point, it's hard for me to want to keep him around.

gyldenlove
02-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Would you get rid of him if you could with some sort of amnesty clause with the new CBA?

If they do an amnesty clause it will be the same as before, normal buyout price and no cap-hit - I think for Bryz that would be a cash expense of around 27 million dollars - that is pretty close to half your 2011 team salary.

Baba Booey
02-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Devils in a bit of a funk, here, after losing three straight.

I'm not down on this team for losing 2-1 to the 'nucks or (essentially) 1-0 to the Rangers, I'm down on them for losing to the Lightning. What a ****ty ****ing team - depleted by injuries, selling off their players, completely incapable defensively - and they come into New Jersey and embarrass us.

God damnit.

Dexter
02-27-2012, 08:42 PM
Avs on a roll. Definitely still in the playoff hunt after going 4-0 so far after the Steve Downie trade.

4-1 against ducks tonight.

bronco militia
02-27-2012, 08:58 PM
I can't believe how well varlamov is playing right now....hopefully they can stay healthy this month.

18 games left

canadianbroncosfan
02-27-2012, 10:59 PM
So how do the Avs fans here feel about the Winnik trade?

maher_tyler
02-27-2012, 11:32 PM

He was good on the PK and showed grit/hustle...that's about it. Galiardi was the one i'd want back, SJ got a young talent. Hopefully this McGinn guy is decent or it could turn out to be another boneheaded trade. Haven't heard much about McGinn.

Baba Booey
02-27-2012, 11:45 PM
McGinn has a higher upside than Winnik or Galiardi, imo.

canadianbroncosfan
02-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Don't know a whole lot about any of the players involved. Winnik had a lot of press on the Trade Deadline shows as one of the top contenders in play. Most of the reports are saying that San Jose ended up on the better end of the deal however only performances from here on out will tell.

Otherwise a pretty lack lustre trade deadline day. I blame Columbus. First they make the Carter trade, which would have by far been the biggest one of the day, a few days before the deadline then they don't deal Nash. Fuggers.

bronco militia
02-28-2012, 06:58 AM

if it was two years ago, I'd be pissed. Too bad TJ Galliardi hasn't done much since then (rookie season).

gyldenlove
02-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Not enough teams in selling mode, that drove up asking prices and most of the contender teams felt good about what they had or were willing to settle for lower tier players.

I still don't understand what is going on in Calgary, that team is badly in need of a makeover and they refuse to pull the trigger - they are dangerously close to getting into Toronto territory in terms of keeping old players on the downside for so long they have no trade value left.

BroncoLifer
02-28-2012, 10:18 AM

I think Sgarbossa has a higher upside than anyone else in that trade. He could turn it into a steal for Sherman.

Jekyll15Hyde
02-28-2012, 11:03 AM

This.

Winnik wasnt going to be resigned and if you look at it as McGinn for Gali (which I do), then Winnik is effectively dealt (with the 7th) for the 2 prospects. In each case, it is a win for the Avs.

gyldenlove
02-28-2012, 11:22 AM
This.

Winnik wasnt going to be resigned and if you look at it as McGinn for Gali (which I do), then Winnik is effectively dealt (with the 7th) for the 2 prospects. In each case, it is a win for the Avs.

I agree, it was a pretty good deal, the Avs aren't going anywhere this year so getting some prospects.

chadta
02-28-2012, 02:45 PM

for 20 years weve needed a goalie, i watched the team cheap out, and get the beezer instead of cujo, and try retred goalies who have always sucked like biron, and boucher, this time they finally went out and spent top 5 money for what was supposed to be a decent goalie, and they get micheal leighton part 2 but with a 10 million dollar price tag and a 5.5 mil cap hit, add in the 9 year term and the NMC, and no question about it, even if they win the cup this year, i cut him if i can.

24champ
03-04-2012, 09:21 AM
Carter nets two goals, and Richie with 3 assists last night in the win vs the Ducks.

http://i44.tinypic.com/18ok95.gif

Tom Hanks approves of the party line.

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/d1/fullj.191d2df5cff96796b3f665fbb1a7345e/ap-201203040024014921729.jpg

chadta
03-04-2012, 09:37 AM
champ

you would make a good maple leafs fan

you are a big mouth the second anything goes right, and start planning the parade, but you are nowhere to be seen when things go bad, as evident by the fact that you havent posted **** since december (the last time richie scored) :wave:

24champ
03-04-2012, 10:20 AM
champ

you would make a good maple leafs fan

you are a big mouth the second anything goes right, and start planning the parade, but you are nowhere to be seen when things go bad, as evident by the fact that you havent posted **** since december (the last time richie scored) :wave:

http://images.yuku.com.s3.amazonaws.com/image/gif/6011693ff5a833e35320ff5bce085a612f5eb2ee.gif

bronco militia
03-04-2012, 10:28 AM
the avs made the Pens look like the BJ's last night. oooooooof

pens win 5-1.

avs suck

WABronco
03-04-2012, 05:19 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GUr0N.jpg

MOMMA

gyldenlove
03-04-2012, 05:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GUr0N.jpg

MOMMA

Canuck fan, wouldn't bang.

maher_tyler
03-04-2012, 07:30 PM
the avs made the Pens look like the BJ's last night. oooooooof

pens win 5-1.

avs suck

Then they turn around and blank the Wild..go figure! Typical Avs...Sacco needed to go after last year! This team has way to much young talent and Sacco is not getting the best out of the players. His first year was a complete fluke, coupled with Anderson standing on his head all season long to include the playoffs! Sens got a steal..Avs should have paid him. Varly has been looking better but i won't be sold until he can do it for an entire season and steal a series or two! Even if we make the playoffs, i want Sacco gone! Been saying it all season!

broncswin
03-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Then they turn around and blank the Wild..go figure! Typical Avs...Sacco needed to go after last year! This team has way to much young talent and Sacco is not getting the best out of the players. His first year was a complete fluke, coupled with Anderson standing on his head all season long to include the playoffs! Sens got a steal..Avs should have paid him. Varly has been looking better but i won't be sold until he can do it for an entire season and steal a series or two! Even if we make the playoffs, i want Sacco gone! Been saying it all season!

Agree..the guy confuses himself half the time..want the playoffs, but then we have to watch sacco under achieve for atleast the start of next season if we get in

Killericon
03-04-2012, 08:49 PM
https://p.twimg.com/Am9Ea6YCMAE-6mT.png

SoCalBronco
03-04-2012, 09:07 PM
5 on 1? WTF...how is that even possible

Swedish Extrovert
03-04-2012, 09:25 PM

I hate the Canucks. Wouldn't that mean bang her and don't call her the next day?

WABronco
03-04-2012, 09:54 PM

http://pegasusnews.com/media/img/photos/2010/12/19/thumbs/detroit_redwings_fan_mouth.jpg.728x520_q85.jpg

I'm sure you wouldn't, Team Jacob.

chadta
03-06-2012, 02:40 PM
5 on 1? WTF...how is that even possible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYZO8Mi8EY

heres video of how LOL

canadianbroncosfan
03-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I hate the Canucks. Wouldn't that mean bang her and don't call her the next day?

As a Blackhawks fan I hate the Canucks more than any team in the league including the Red Wings. That being said, tits are tits and hot chicks are hot chicks it doesn't matter what your team affiliation is. I keep her around to remind her how her team sucks and will never win a Stanley Cup.

gyldenlove
03-06-2012, 04:52 PM
As a Blackhawks fan I hate the Canucks more than any team in the league including the Red Wings. That being said, boobies are boobies and hot chicks are hot chicks it doesn't matter what your team affiliation is. I keep her around to remind her how her team sucks and will never win a Stanley Cup.

She will then promptly set fire to your car, break some windows and steal your TV, that is what people from Vancouver do when they don't win the cup.

chadta
03-06-2012, 04:59 PM
She will then promptly set fire to your car, break some windows and steal your TV, that is what people from Vancouver do when they don't win the cup.

at least they have to lose a big game, the people in montreal do that when they lose a saturday night game vs the leafs.

gyldenlove
03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
at least they have to lose a big game, the people in montreal do that when they lose a saturday night game vs the leafs.

I thought they did any time there was a Tuesday in the week.

canadianbroncosfan
03-07-2012, 04:44 AM

I have no comment. Being from Edmonton, my city was no better during the 2006 playoffs. For some reason we didn't get anywhere near the bad media that Vancouver did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGzA5au3xU&feature=related

alkemical
03-07-2012, 05:21 AM
I know at times MA Fluery can be maddening with his consistancy - but i have to say - over the last two years he's really developed a much more stable flow to his game. He's also very durable. I'm not saying his #1 draft status means anything as for his potential or what he can do, etc -

but i am not in any hurry to replace fluery any time soon as a pens fan. I'm interested to see how he'll transition as he gets a bit older yet. He's played a lot of NHL - but i'm interested to see how he does when he slows down more.

chadta
03-07-2012, 02:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QtipTlOscg&feature=player_embedded#!

dont turn your back then skate up the ice dumbass

and come on, the philly pussies, who went over and grabbed him ? clean hit or not, when a teammate gets almost killed somebody has to seek retribution.

Im embarrassed to be a flyer fan right now.

gyldenlove
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QtipTlOscg&feature=player_embedded#!

dont turn your back then skate up the ice dumbass

and come on, the philly pussies, who went over and grabbed him ? clean hit or not, when a teammate gets almost killed somebody has to seek retribution.

Im embarrassed to be a flyer fan right now.

I hope he is okay, he had an out of body experience right there.

SoCalBronco
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Sid should be able to play on Sunday vs. Boston.

SoCalBronco
03-15-2012, 07:04 PM
Sid with an assist in his return tonight at NYR. Pens win 5-2.

Ray Finkle
03-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Sid with an assist in his return tonight at NYR. Pens win 5-2.

boo

SoCalBronco
03-15-2012, 07:10 PM
boo

If you thought that was bad, it looks like Sid tipped a shot on an eventual goal, so he'll prolly have 2 assists by tomorrow morning. :)

Surprised to see Hank out...heard he was sick, prolly out too late with the trannies again.

Ray Finkle
03-15-2012, 07:12 PM
If you thought that was bad, it looks like Sid tipped a shot on an eventual goal, so he'll prolly have 2 assists by tomorrow morning. :)

Surprised to see Hank out...heard he was sick, prolly out too late with the trannies again.

yeah and I go to Cydney and the Blue Oyster too many times?

Cally, Hank, and MDZ not playing hurt the Rangers....

maher_tyler
03-15-2012, 07:32 PM
yeah and I go to Cydney and the Blue Oyster too many times?

Cally, Hank, and MDZ not playing hurt the Rangers....

Hopefully all those guys are out against the Avs...

Ray Finkle
03-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Hopefully all those guys are out against the Avs...

should be soon. If this was a playoff or must win game, they would have played.

alkemical
03-16-2012, 06:07 AM
Was nice to see crosby back last night. Will be interesting to see Crosby playing point on the PP with Letang back with him - malkin, neal & kunitz up front.

SoCalBronco
03-17-2012, 12:39 PM
PIT 5 NJ 2

Martin Brodeur was LITERALLY the only reason Sid didn't have a SIX point game. He robbed him of goals three times...as it stands, we'll just have to settle for a 3 point game from Sid. He looked ****ing SICK out there, especially from the 2nd period onward. That was the old Sid...except for the conditioning, you could tell he was pretty winded, but he had alot of explosion and made a ton of great plays. Man..****ing Brodeur, that should have been a six point effort.

BTW, this was a totally dominating performance by Pittsburgh. NJ had like 13 shots the whole game. We're on a huge roll right now. 11 in a row...

SoCalBronco
03-18-2012, 12:20 PM
PHI 3 PIT 2 (OT)

Not fun losing with 00.9 left in OT, but I'll take a point on the road...also its better they lost before the streak reached 17 games which would have been bad luck (92-93). We're still in prime position to win it all.....they need to stop playign Sid with 3rd liners though. Those guys can't finish. Give him Kunitz and Sullivan. Geno can still have Neal since he's got alot of chemistry with him. I think we'll prolly end up with the top seed at the end of the day, not sure if thats a good thing given recent history, but I think we're in terrific shape going into the postseason. Love Tanger!

SoCalBronco
03-20-2012, 09:07 PM
PIT 8 WPG 4

Geno 2 goals 3 assists
Sid 4 assists
JN Hat Trick.

Boom.

Requiem
03-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Penguins just strap up and dippity do what we gotta, who we gotta, when we gotta. . . it's another Stanley Cup in a few months. Haahahahaha rolling the NHL.

maher_tyler
03-20-2012, 09:59 PM
Penguins just strap up and dippity do what we gotta, who we gotta, when we gotta. . . it's another Stanley Cup in a few months. Haahahahaha rolling the NHL.

Pens are rediculous right now!

SoCalBronco
03-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Can't count the chickens before they hatch, man. Right now, we are playing at a super high level, but this team reminds me of the 92-93 team right now, just tearing people up...the 92-93 team was by far the best Pens team ever, much better than any of the 3 Cup winners....unfortunately they didn't get out of the 2nd round. Hopefully it doesnt happen here, but you don't know, you can always run into a hot goaltender like Washington did a few years ago with Halak.

It all comes down to health. If they keep the 3 centers healthy plus Neal and Kunitz, they'll be great offensively and they gotta keep Letang healthy on D. Just keep playing hard and hopefully we'll keep winning. Also, they gotta get TK and Cooke off Sid's line. He's got 9 assists in 4 games, but he could prolly have at least 12 if he had some real linemates who could bury chances. His passing and vision is just as good as its always been but he's still rusty as a shooter, that's timing and he'll get it back (part of it is bad luck, too, Brodeur stole 3 goals from him a few days ago). They can't seperate Neal from Geno at this point, but at least they need to give Sid Kunitz back plus maybe Sullivan too.

I'd also like to see the Geno-Sid-Neal line semi-regularly, esp when they are behind and need a goal. That line would own any defensive pairing, but it can only be used sparingly as you want to be sure at least one of those guys is on the ice most of the time.

bpc
03-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Speaking of rolling, Avs have been putting in a solid month on the ice. They've moved 3 point ahead of the pack in the West for the 7th playoff spot. More than that, they are winning big games in crunch time. Varlamov has been played a lot better as of late and he's usually good for a highlight save a nice now. He has a little Hasek in him every once in awhile. At 23 years old, i'm seeing what the FO saw when they made the trade to get him. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Broncos_OTM
03-21-2012, 09:31 AM
The avs are on fire. Hopefully we can hold off the pack. Looks like a few more four point opportunities for the avs. The last two hears I have gradually got back into hockey after the lockout. I boycotted the NHL after. Now I hear there may possibly be another one. If theybdo it again I really am done with it. Amy truth to this?

24champ
03-22-2012, 11:05 PM
The Carter and Richie show are in 1st place in the Pacific after beating the Blues in the SO.

http://i41.tinypic.com/9hkmfp.gif

chadta
03-23-2012, 04:09 AM
right now the flyers are 5th place in the entire league, but because of stupid seedings and a tough division we may not even get a how ice series at all in the playoffs.

24champ
03-23-2012, 10:48 AM
right now the flyers are 5th place in the entire league, but because of stupid seedings and a tough division we may not even get a how ice series at all in the playoffs.

To be honest, that's pretty good. Some prior to the season were saying how this year is a rebuilding year for the Flyers and plus you are without Pronger.

chadta
03-23-2012, 01:00 PM
To be honest, that's pretty good. Some prior to the season were saying how this year is a rebuilding year for the Flyers and plus you are without Pronger.

i was one of them, once we changed the culture of the team, and moved out richie and carter, i have been plesantly surprised, and dissapointed with the big bucks goalie, who is finally playing decent, if he doesnt suck all year and the team plays the way it has we are running away with the east, rather then being a 5. That being said, the flyers are a better road team then they are home team, i dunno well see how it goes.

Kinda wish i still worked shifts so i could watch more west coast hockey tho

24champ
03-23-2012, 02:27 PM
i was one of them, once we changed the culture of the team, and moved out richie and carter, i have been plesantly surprised, and dissapointed with the big bucks goalie, who is finally playing decent, if he doesnt suck all year and the team plays the way it has we are running away with the east, rather then being a 5. That being said, the flyers are a better road team then they are home team, i dunno well see how it goes.

Kinda wish i still worked shifts so i could watch more west coast hockey tho

Kind of wishing for a Flyers vs Kings Cup final. ;D

Seriously, how epic would that be?

SouthStndJunkie
03-24-2012, 08:24 PM
Nick Lidstrom returns to the lineup and the Wings rally from 3 goals down to break their losing streak with a 5-4 win over Carolina at The Joe.

broncswin
03-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Kind of wishing for a Flyers vs Kings Cup final. ;D

Seriously, how epic would that be?

To me no..to you.........EPIC:wiggle:

broncswin
03-24-2012, 09:11 PM
Nick Lidstrom returns to the lineup and the Wings rally from 3 goals down to break their losing streak with a 5-4 win over Carolina at The Joe.

Holy balls...I friggin hate the wingsROFL!

maher_tyler
03-24-2012, 09:50 PM
Avs are most likely done...turnovers in our own zone have killed us all GD year!! I have a feeling that getting so close to the playoffs this year that Sacco will be back for another year!!

SoCalBronco
03-24-2012, 09:53 PM
OTT 8 PIT 4

Really need to get a better backup than Thiessen. We were spoiled with how reliable Johnny was until this year. To be fair, the whole team left him out to dry tonight. No one played well against Ottawa, except for Sid and Cooke (Sid had a SICK spin o rama pass to Cooke for a goal). Good to see Sid's goal drought end. Still have to get him better linemates. He's gotta go back with Kunitz.

Look forward to rebounding with a win against NJ tomorrow hopefully with Flower in goal.

Baba Booey
03-31-2012, 07:38 PM
Devils clinch a playoff berth with tonight's 5-0 sodomizing of Carolina.

Nice to be back. After growing up and pretty much taking the Devils in the playoffs for granted, I find myself being much more excited this season.

Hopefully we stay in sixth and get the Panthers first round.

maher_tyler
03-31-2012, 08:03 PM
Devils clinch a playoff berth with tonight's 5-0 sodomizing of Carolina.

Nice to be back. After growing up and pretty much taking the Devils in the playoffs for granted, I find myself being much more excited this season.

Hopefully we stay in sixth and get the Panthers first round.

The way I see it...don't matter who you play, you're eventually gonna have to play a good team. It usually comes down to who gets the better goaltending.

Btw...Roy>>>>Brodeur :sunshine:

Beantown Bronco
04-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Since SoCal seems to be avoiding bumping this one lately (much like Sid avoids dishing out hits face to face), I'll do the honors. :)

Just got back from a great weekend in NY. Stayed in Times Square (what a freak show that place is), got to catch the Bs beat up the Islanders and Rangers, and did some of the usual touristy things. Never got the chance to see any games in those arenas before and it was literally like night and day between the two. I've seen high school arenas that are more impressive than what the Islanders have to deal with in Nassau. Conservatively, I'd say it had to be over 79% Bs fans. Montreal fans travel to away games better than Islanders fans travel to home games. MSG is obviously on another level, more like what one would find at the Boston Garden.

My boy Bergeron had himself a ridiculous weekend. Leads the league in plus/minus, despite being among the leaders in short handed time on ice, and is the best faceoff guy in the league right now. He's gotta have the Selke locked up.

3 more to go before the real season starts. Bring it on Ottawa.

Random side note: there's an easy way to tell that the Hockey Gods aren't about to let the Rangers win the Cup this year. No Ice Girls. They have Ice Guys. Epic fail.

Baba Booey
04-03-2012, 12:02 AM
The way I see it...don't matter who you play, you're eventually gonna have to play a good team. It usually comes down to who gets the better goaltending.

Btw...Roy>>>>Brodeur :sunshine:

Agreed on the first part, but I'd rather play the Panthers in the first round and have the Flyers play the Penguins, subsequently eliminating at least one team that I want no part of.

As for the second part, no.

24champ
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Looking forward to the 'Yotes and Sharks game tonight. Then the Kings on Thursday to play the Sharks and on Saturday. Pacific division is jam packed.

Avalanche looks to be all but done.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/LA_Kings_Fan/Kings%20Hockey/Standings4-3-2012.jpg

chadta
04-03-2012, 04:27 PM
Leads the league in plus/minus, despite being among the leaders in short handed time on ice,

you know you dont get a minus when you give up a powerplay goal right ? :wave:

Agreed on the first part, but I'd rather play the Panthers in the first round and have the Flyers play the Penguins, subsequently eliminating at least one team that I want no part of.

you should be afraid

TonyR
04-03-2012, 04:34 PM
...much like Sid avoids dishing out hits face to face...

I don't really follow hockey very closely other than mildy rooting for the Avs (because my parents live in Denver and are big fans) and rooting against the Flyers (because I live outside of Philly and I hate all the teams here) but listening to Philly sports radio they really hate Crosby here and it sounds like the Flyers are going to have a little something extra for him next time they play after some incident that happened in a recent game between the teams.

Lestat
04-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Roy was the best of all time and one of the greatest things is that he left still in his prime. he could have played another 5-6 years at a peak level but left with plenty still in the tank.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I don't really follow hockey very closely other than mildy rooting for the Avs (because my parents live in Denver and are big fans) and rooting against the Flyers (because I live outside of Philly and I hate all the teams here) but listening to Philly sports radio they really hate Crosby here and it sounds like the Flyers are going to have a little something extra for him next time they play after some incident that happened in a recent game between the teams.

I look forward to seeing the Flyers take stupid penalties via giving him "something extra".That would be great. The league isn't going to put up with a bunch of thugs messing with its premier talent. Actually, we don't need extra penalties to beat them. They don't have the horses to run with Pittsburgh. The way they've been winning against Pitt recently is very good goaltending play and by contrast we've had some poor defensive play in our own zone and so-so goaltending against them the last few games. If the goaltending is even, the Flyers have no chance in the first round series. If they have better goaltending, they've got a very good chance. We've been outshooting and outchancing them repeatedly, we've just got to clean it up in our own end, otherwise it won't happen.

This 4 vs. 5 matchup should be great. If PIT gets consistent performances from Flower and is decent defensively, they should be able to advance to the Finals again. No goaltending or defense and Philly will advance to Round 2.

gyldenlove
04-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Roy was the best of all time and one of the greatest things is that he left still in his prime. he could have played another 5-6 years at a peak level but left with plenty still in the tank.

Roy couldn't hold Terry Sawchuks jockstrap. Sawchuk was hands down the most dominant goaltender in his day, Dominik Hasek is the only one who has come close.

chadta
04-03-2012, 06:32 PM
I look forward to seeing the Flyers take stupid penalties via giving him "something extra".That would be great. The league isn't going to put up with a bunch of thugs messing with its premier talent. Actually, we don't need extra penalties to beat them. They don't have the horses to run with Pittsburgh. The way they've been winning against Pitt recently is very good goaltending play and by contrast we've had some poor defensive play in our own zone and so-so goaltending against them the last few games. If the goaltending is even, the Flyers have no chance in the first round series. If they have better goaltending, they've got a very good chance. We've been outshooting and outchancing them repeatedly, we've just got to clean it up in our own end, otherwise it won't happen.

This 4 vs. 5 matchup should be great. If PIT gets consistent performances from Flower and is decent defensively, they should be able to advance to the Finals again. No goaltending or defense and Philly will advance to Round 2.

really ?

have you seen any of the games this year ?

Flyers are #3 in goals for and they dont have the horses ? spot you a 2 goal lead and still smoke ya

Flyers also own consol energy, havent lost a game there yet

We come in eat all your food, **** your wife, and leave, and we do it with our backup goalie, or our starter, it doesnt matter.

Going to have to nominate this post for blind homer post of the year, and you've had some pretty bad ones but this one takes the cake dood.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2012, 06:41 PM
really ?

Flyers are #3 in goals for and they dont have the horses ? spot you a 2 goal lead and still smoke ya

We come in eat all your food, **** your wife, and leave, and we do it with our backup goalie, or our starter, it doesnt matter.

Going to have to nominate this post for blind homer post of the year, and you've had some pretty bad ones but this one takes the cake dood.

You've played well at Consol, but the playoffs are a different animal and we've been outshooting and outchancing you guys alot recently. It comes down to the goaltending. If its favors PIT or if its just even, we win. It just has to be a wash, that's it. I don't think there's much dispute about that. You guys can score, but Pittsburgh still has considerably more firepower now that everyone is healthy. I dont think there is much dispute that we would ahve the best record overall if we were healthy this year...we're not far from it regardless, actually. Crosby is still playing with scrubs and is averaging 1.5 ppg anyway and the Geno line is extremely strong.

I dont think it would be wise for the Flyers to try and physically intimidate the Penguins....unless you want to face 7 PP's a game, ofcourse. :)

Ray Finkle
04-03-2012, 06:46 PM
Bow to the King SoCal!

Ray Finkle
04-03-2012, 06:47 PM
really ?

Too bad you didn't come to play on the first period tonight!

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!!

SoCalBronco
04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
Bow to the King SoCal!

Hopefully we won't see a repeat of "No Show Hank" in the postseason........... for your sake.

Ray Finkle
04-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Hopefully we won't see a repeat of "No Show Hank" in the postseason........... for your sake.

Don't burst my bubble sucko!

SoCalBronco
04-03-2012, 06:54 PM
Don't burst my bubble sucko!

Beat Washington!

Ray Finkle
04-03-2012, 07:03 PM
Beat Washington!

Hell no, I'd rather face them than Miller.

SoCalBronco
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Since SoCal seems to be avoiding bumping this one lately (much like Sid avoids dishing out hits face to face), I'll do the honors. :)

Bump. :)

Baba Booey
04-03-2012, 07:08 PM
you should be afraid

Just to be clear, I'd much rather play the Flyers than the Penguins. We could handle the Flyers.

The Penguins, I'm not so sure.

BroncosSR
04-03-2012, 07:29 PM

Your story is tired.

chadta
04-04-2012, 04:00 AM
I dont think it would be wise for the Flyers to try and physically intimidate the Penguins....unless you want to face 7 PP's a game, ofcourse. :)

The pens will get that no matter what, may as well at least deserve them.

If the flyers play the game from the opening face off, they have a good shot at winning, if they dont start until the second period they are in trouble, not sure they can keep spotting teams 2 goals and playing catchup

Too bad you didn't come to play on the first period tonight!

I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!!!!!!

I got nothing, the rags have owned us this year, even moreso then we have owned the pens, but at least unlike socal i can admit it. Lucky for us they dont like playing in April, and shouldnt be around past the first round. They are truely the only team that i dont want to play, the flyers can beat anybody else.

Al Wilson
04-04-2012, 05:15 AM
Everybody expected the Senators to be last in the East, but they will now play the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs. It should be a great series to watch as both teams can't stand each other. What a year Erik Karlsson has had so far, he definitely should win the Norris trophy. A great job all around from top to bottom by the staff of this organization, and a job well done by coach Paul MacLean. The excitement is back for Senators fans as there is some great young kids on this team, and great prospects coming up in the next few years.

maher_tyler
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
If Sacco isn't fired I won't watch another Avs game...how can they justify bringing him back for another year??

O'Bryne is easily the worst defenseman in the league. -2 giving up a break away and being plain lazy. Then on the PK hits a guy in the back to put the Jackets on a 5 on 3! Dude is single handedly losing us this game!!

BroncosSR
04-06-2012, 05:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjHkuBakpw

Ray Finkle
04-06-2012, 05:54 AM
another dirty play by a Pen and the league will look the other way......

24champ
04-06-2012, 09:08 AM

4 referees missed Clown of the Sharks touching the puck....from the bench!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvBfc2phEV4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beantown Bronco
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Everybody expected the Senators to be last in the East, but they will now play the Bruins in the first round of the playoffs. It should be a great series to watch as both teams can't stand each other. What a year Erik Karlsson has had so far, he definitely should win the Norris trophy. A great job all around from top to bottom by the staff of this organization, and a job well done by coach Paul MacLean. The excitement is back for Senators fans as there is some great young kids on this team, and great prospects coming up in the next few years.

If the Sens tank it and get the 8th seed, I'll be ticked. I can see them losing the last game on purpose just to face the Rangers instead. Seems like a better matchup for them on paper at least with the way the Bs have owned them this year.

chadta
04-06-2012, 12:30 PM

Cindy called Bettman to complain, and Stepan will be suspended for kneeing, the puck from the bruins game will also be suspended for attempting to injury vitale, they are the model franchise you know, the league has to do whatever it can to help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UjHkuBakpw

hammer nail head

bronco militia
04-06-2012, 12:34 PM
If Sacco isn't fired I won't watch another Avs game...how can they justify bringing him back for another year??

O'Bryne is easily the worst defenseman in the league. -2 giving up a break away and being plain lazy. Then on the PK hits a guy in the back to put the Jackets on a 5 on 3! Dude is single handedly losing us this game!!

ugh....first time this team has missed the playoffs in back to back seasons.

and Sucko got an extension

FML

LetsGoBroncos
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM

FML

Don't think he got an extension yet. Reports were he was going to.

However, I think he has done an ok job. We don't have a ton of talent and Kroenke has decided we aren't going to spend money like we used to so maybe that is where the blame should go. If you are a team that misses the playoffs by 2 or 4 points and you are $15 million under the cap that isn't right. Spend that $15 million wisely and you go from barely missing the playoffs to being a Cup contender

bronco militia
04-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Don't think he got an extension yet. Reports were he was going to.

However, I think he has done an ok job. We don't have a ton of talent and Kroenke has decided we aren't going to spend money like we used to so maybe that is where the blame should go. If you are a team that misses the playoffs by 2 or 4 points and you are $15 million under the cap that isn't right. Spend that $15 million wisely and you go from barely missing the playoffs to being a Cup contender

I mostly agree with your take....I could care less if Sucko got a fare shake or not. this is big boy hockey.

anyway, this is probably what it's like to be a Chorf fan

Pendejo
04-06-2012, 01:05 PM

It really has gotten out of hand.

chadta
04-06-2012, 03:07 PM
It really has gotten out of hand.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=626336

New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella has been fined $20,000 for comments following NHL Game #1204 at Pittsburgh on Thursday, April 5, the National Hockey League announced today.

Really ?

Al Wilson
04-07-2012, 05:32 AM
If the Sens tank it and get the 8th seed, I'll be ticked. I can see them losing the last game on purpose just to face the Rangers instead. Seems like a better matchup for them on paper at least with the way the Bs have owned them this year.
Don't be so confident Bruins fan. The Bruins may have won the season series 5-1, but the Senators have been playing the Bruins tough, and the last 4 or so games between the two teams have been very close. This Senators team has the will to outwork most teams almost on every night, so it wouldn't surprise me if they defeat the Bruins in a series.

maher_tyler
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM

FML

I'm done with the Avs until Sacco is gone!! I'll watch the standings but will not be getting Center Ice, buying gear or attending any of their games!

SoCalBronco
04-07-2012, 10:46 PM
EAST

(1) NYR 4 (8) OTT 2
(4) PIT 4 (5) PHI 2
(2) BOS 4 (7) WSH 3
(6) NJ 4 (3) FLA 2

24champ
04-07-2012, 11:24 PM
http://sbakerpool.com/user/cimage/NHL-Playoffs.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8PReim0Axt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/CABH105-1231_2011_203324_high.jpg

Bring on Vancouver! Playoff schedules to be announced tomorrow!

canadianbroncosfan
04-08-2012, 12:43 AM
http://sbakerpool.com/user/cimage/NHL-Playoffs.jpg

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8PReim0Axt4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://www.thehockeynews.com/imgs/dynamique/photos/original/CABH105-1231_2011_203324_high.jpg

Bring on Vancouver! Playoff schedules to be announced tomorrow!

I would love LA to beat Vancouver but if not I welcome a 2nd round match up against my Hawks!!!!

chadta
04-08-2012, 02:43 AM
I'm still hoping for a flyers vs flyers west cup.

Also hoping that the refs dont try to hard to get the chosen one to the promised land, and with more and more people calling crosby out its going to be hard for the refs to continue to let them get away with everything, the league is going to look really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5S0HWYxqY&feature=player_embedded

So thats Grapes, Berube, Tortorella dont forget Milbury who had this to say

“Little goody two shoes goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never.

“So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, ‘I’m not going to do this anymore, I’m not going to get into this scrums, I’m going to stay away from that stuff.' He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby.

“He’s not the perfect gentleman. He’s not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes."

all in a matter of what 10 days ?

Al Wilson
04-08-2012, 04:43 AM
“So you know, Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop. He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, ‘I’m not going to do this anymore, I’m not going to get into this scrums, I’m going to stay away from that stuff.' He couldn’t help himself because there’s a little punk in Crosby.

“He’s not the perfect gentleman. He’s not the sweet kid you see in interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes."

Crosby is a whining bitch. That pussy should stfu for once.

alkemical
04-08-2012, 05:31 AM
haters gonna hate.

SoCalBronco
04-08-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm still hoping for a flyers vs flyers west cup.

Also hoping that the refs dont try to hard to get the chosen one to the promised land, and with more and more people calling crosby out its going to be hard for the refs to continue to let them get away with everything, the league is going to look really bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8f5S0HWYxqY&feature=player_embedded

So thats Grapes, Berube, Tortorella dont forget Milbury who had this to say

“Little goody two shoes goes into the corner and gives a shot to Schenn. Schenn was late to the party, he should have turned around and drilled him right away, but I guess better late than never.

Yeah...you've got Grapes, who has always hated Crosby, Berube who is the Flyer asst. coach (that's objective) and Milbury who is a clown (and assaulted a kid). Those are some real credible people there.

Enjoy it while it lasts I guess...you're two weeks from elimination.

chadta
04-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Yeah...you've got Grapes, who has always hated Crosby, Berube who is the Flyer asst. coach (that's objective) and Milbury who is a clown (and assaulted a kid). Those are some real credible people there.

Enjoy it while it lasts I guess...you're two weeks from elimination.

http://m.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/don_rip_pens_or_else_5hzTZmHXH99XRT5dVC4VZK

add larry brooks to that list

The 11th Commandment: “Thy shy not speak ill of the Favorite Son.”

Everyone is on notice from the league. The problem for the league though, is everyone has noticed the double standard as applied to the Penguins by a league that was silent when Lemieux, coolly detached two days after an event, attacked the operation but reached into Tortorella’s pocket for $20,000 when the coach, white hot 20 minutes after an incident, did the same.

As far as the smell test goes, the league has passed.

It smells, all right.

WABronco
04-08-2012, 01:26 PM
Fellow Americans: what's the best way to get complete hockey coverage down here in Denver? Also, are there any good hockey bars? I've been told to check out SoBo on Broadway, but haven't gone yet.

teknic
04-08-2012, 02:02 PM
Prediction time?

Round 1
(8)Ott vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 5
(7)Wsh vs (2)Bos: (2)BOS in 6
(6)NJD vs (3)FLA: (6)NJD in 7
(5)PHI vs (4)PIT: (4)PIT in 5
(5)DET vs (4) NSH: (4)NSH in 6
(6)CHI vs (3)PHX: (6)CHI in 7
(7)SJS vs (2)STL: (2)STL in 5
(8)LAK vs (1)VAN: (1)VAN in 7

Round 2

(6)NJD vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 6
(4)PIT vs (2)BOS: (4)PIT in 7
(4)NSH vs (2)STL: (2)STL in 7
(6)CHI vs (1)VAN: (1)VAN in 7

Round 3

(4)PIT vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 6
(2)STL vs (1)VAN: (2)STL in 7

Finals
STL vs NYR: NYR in 7

Obviously I will have to adjust the picks for the later rounds if my early predictions are incorrect. Lot of interesting matchups this year, but teams like Florida just do not belong. Especially as the 3 seed.

Tyrell Jones
04-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Blues take it all.

Beantown Bronco
04-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Repeat, obviously. All other matchups are irrelevant. :)

gyldenlove
04-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Blackhawks - Rangers in the final, Chicago win in 6.

gyldenlove
04-08-2012, 06:21 PM
(8)Ott vs (1)NYR: NYR in 5
(7)Wsh vs (2)Bos: BOS in 5
(6)NJD vs (3)FLA: NJD in 4
(5)PHI vs (4)PIT: PHI in 7

(5)DET vs (4) NSH: DET in 7
(6)CHI vs (3)PHX: CHI in 5
(7)SJS vs (2)STL: STL in 6
(8)LAK vs (1)VAN: VAN in 5

Round 2

(6)NJD vs (1)NYR: NYR in 5
(5)PHI vs (2)BOS: PHI in 7

(5)DET vs (2)STL: DET in 7
(6)CHI vs (1)VAN: CHI in 6

Round 3

(5)PHI vs (1)NYR: NYR in 6
(6)CHI vs (5)DET: CHI in 5

Finals
CHI vs NYR: CHI in 6

Aftermath
04-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Pens fans are like Pats fans. There is nothing I hate more than a bandwagon boy. Cindys a bitch, and the NHL is becoming a huge joke, the Pens can do no wrong. Mario Lemieux used to be my favorite athlete(even over Elway) and now I can't stand his whiny ass. How many players have they hurt in the past week or so? AND NOTHING. I hate the Rags, but THANK YOU Tortorello for having the man parts to say something that no other media member will say.

SoCalBronco
04-08-2012, 07:34 PM
Pens fans are like Pats fans. There is nothing I hate more than a bandwagon boy. Cindys a b****, and the NHL is becoming a huge joke, the Pens can do no wrong. Mario Lemieux used to be my favorite athlete(even over Elway) and now I can't stand his whiny ass. How many players have they hurt in the past week or so? AND NOTHING. I hate the Rags, but THANK YOU Tortorello for having the man parts to say something that no other media member will say.

I'm not a bandwagoner, chief. I've been rooting for the Penguins for many years before Crosby...check out the Search function. I was rooting for Pittsburgh to get him in the Crosby lottery thread on this very forum.

In any event, I'm amused by all the talk coming from Flyer fans. Keep it up. You've got two weeks till elimination. Enjoy Flyer hockey while it lasts.

Jekyll15Hyde
04-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Blues take it all.

blues could easily lose in the 1st round

24champ
04-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm not a bandwagoner, chief. I've been rooting for the Penguins for many years before Crosby...check out the Search function. I was rooting for Pittsburgh to get him in the Crosby lottery thread on this very forum.

In any event, I'm amused by all the talk coming from Flyer fans. Keep it up. You've got two weeks till elimination. Enjoy Flyer hockey while it lasts.

Pretty much the entire eastern conference hates the Pens. It's going to be a brutal playoff series for your team, even if they get past the Flyers (which I don't see) then you'll be limping to the second round. That series has more of a second or conference finals feel to it. I pick the Flyers in 7. That's one of two game seven first round games we'll see. The other being the Vancouver/LA series.

My predictions.

Rangers vs Senators

Rangers in 5 (Sorry Al)

Bruins vs Capitals

Bruins sweep

Panthers vs Devils

Devils in 6

Penguins vs Flyers

Flyers in 7

Western Conference

Canucks vs Kings

Kings in 7

Blues vs Sharks

Blues in 5 ( I do have reservations about this pick, Blues are inexperienced in the playoffs)

Coyotes vs Blackhawks

Coyotes in 6

Predators vs Red Wings

Predators in 6 (Tough series to predict)

Aftermath
04-09-2012, 12:32 AM
Not calling you a bandwagon fan "boss". But the majority of Pens fans are. And NO we don't like a team that is pampered and favored by the commissioner, it's embarrassing. I am also not fan a fan of whiny bitches that are dirtier than the players they bitch about. I hope someone ruins Cookes career this series, and hopefully Crosby gets some too. Have a good day sir.

chadta
04-09-2012, 03:40 AM

Why is it that the few non bandwagon fans have to insist that they aren't part of the majority, i mean the numbers don't lie, cant get 11,000 people to a game, win a cup get 300,000 to a parade. Surely they were all diehards they just got lost on the way to the arena right ?

Just for ****s and giggles i asked a pens fan friend of mine what the C and A stood for on the shirts, she said, Canadian, and American.

as for picks

sens 7, bruins 5, devils 4, flyers 6

blues 6, kings 5, preds 7, yotes 6

alkemical
04-09-2012, 05:43 AM
like i said, haters gonna hate.

Beantown Bronco
04-09-2012, 07:12 AM
I'm not a bandwagoner, chief. I've been rooting for the Penguins for many years before Crosby...

Early 90s perhaps? :)

maher_tyler
04-09-2012, 09:24 AM
Going to game 5 - Hawks vs Yotes!! I'll be rooting for the Yotes...they've some what become my 2nd team, going to so many of their games and hoping they stay in Glendale.

Edit: They've won all but i think 2-3 games i've attended there. They ****ing own the Avs!!

Al Wilson
04-09-2012, 11:33 AM
like i said, haters gonna hate.
Like I (and the others) said, Crosby is a whining little b****. It ain't called hating. You can call it the mother****ing truth.

24champ
04-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Early 90s perhaps? :)

Perhaps.

Socal thinks Mario was better than The Great One.

BroncosSR
04-09-2012, 12:43 PM
Like I (and the others) said, Crosby is a whining little b****. It ain't called hating. You can call it the mother****ing truth.

Don't waste your time. They'll never understand it.

In their defense, I can understand why they feel the way they do because they probably don't know any different since it's been this way the whole time they've "been" fans. You know, since 2005.

ludo21
04-09-2012, 01:06 PM
COYOTES!!! Divison champs ready to beatdown the blackhawks and actuallly win a playoff series!!

alkemical
04-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Don't waste your time. They'll never understand it.

In their defense, I can understand why they feel the way they do because they probably don't know any different since it's been this way the whole time they've "been" fans. You know, since 2005.

Yeah, 1985 here. So suck it.

alkemical
04-09-2012, 01:26 PM

Except it isn't, and you're certainly not a bastion of truth. Just a bunch of jealous bitches who wish they had great talent on their team.

alkemical
04-09-2012, 01:28 PM
Why is it that the few non bandwagon fans have to insist that they aren't part of the majority, i mean the numbers don't lie, cant get 11,000 people to a game, win a cup get 300,000 to a parade. Surely they were all diehards they just got lost on the way to the arena right ?

Just for ****s and giggles i asked a pens fan friend of mine what the C and A stood for on the shirts, she said, Canadian, and American.

as for picks

sens 7, bruins 5, devils 4, flyers 6

blues 6, kings 5, preds 7, yotes 6

I live in Phailure country. Surrounded by Flyers fan who know only failure. There's this dumb chick at work that thinks that cute hockey guys get letters on their jersey.

So...what's your point? That puck bunnies don't know anything? Or just flyers fans?

chadta
04-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Perhaps.

Socal thinks Mario was better than The Great One.

really ?

its all becoming quite clear now

Except it isn't, and you're certainly not a bastion of truth. Just a bunch of jealous b****es who wish they had great talent on their team.

I dunno dood, id take Claude Giroux at 17 and a competitive team year after year before id suck to get 5 straight top 5 picks, i should hope you have a good team after being so bad for so long, If not for a rigged lottery, you may actually be able to see cindy for what she is too.

alkemical
04-09-2012, 01:52 PM
really ?

I dunno dood, id take Claude Giroux at 17 and a competitive team year after year before id suck to get 5 straight top 5 picks, i should hope you have a good team after being so bad for so long, If not for a rigged lottery, you may actually be able to see cindy for what she is too.

Competitive team...that's what flyers fans aspire for since they'll never win a cup.

Greatness is something most philly fans in general don't, and won't ever understand.

24champ
04-09-2012, 01:58 PM
really ?

Oh yeah, we had debates for hours on that subject. I recall him saying that if it wasn't for Mario's back problems and cancer...he would be ahead of Gretz.

BroncosSR
04-09-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, 1985 here. So suck it.

** Quickly looks on Wikipedia for a year**

BroncosSR
04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Competitive team...that's what flyers fans aspire for since they'll never win a cup.

Greatness is something most philly fans in general don't, and won't ever understand.

It's like you guys all have the same script.

The Flyers have missed the playoffs in only 8 years of their 44 year history. I'd say that's pretty damn competitive, year in and year out. In fact, only one other team has a higher ratio of playoff appearances. When you win that much, you don't get 5 straight draft picks in the top 5 with 4 of them being 1/2.

You know what does get you that? The Pittsburgh Penguins who have missed the postseason 40% of their existence.

gyldenlove
04-09-2012, 04:03 PM

The Flyers have missed the playoffs in only 8 years of their 44 year history. I'd say that's pretty damn competitive, year in and year out. When you win that much, you don't get 5 straight draft picks in the top 5 with 4 of them being 1/2.

You know what does get you that? The Pittsburgh Penguins who have missed the postseason 40% of their existence.

You can all go play in your sandlot - as a Red Wing fan, I can tell all yall a little something about being consistently competitive - and prolonged periods of suckitude.

chadta
04-09-2012, 04:12 PM
You can all go play in your sandlot - as a Red Wing fan, I can tell all yall a little something about being consistently competitive - and prolonged periods of suckitude.

but were you ever so bad you even lost the draft lottery, when you were the worst team by 30 points ? when the guy who they signed to save the year pulls a hammy signing the contract you know its going to be a bad year.

Aftermath
04-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Pens fans are pu**ies just like their favorite players. Mario lemieux is my favorite hockey player of all time and always has been, but now that him and Bettman are boyfriends and he complains about the **** that HIS team is known for, I now hate him. All i want is an even officiated matchup, with bloodshed, best team wins. Oh and if any of you Pens fans are interested Mario Lemieux gold cards or any cards of him for that matter PM me, I used to collect all things lemieux back in the early 90's.

maher_tyler
04-09-2012, 04:48 PM
COYOTES!!! Divison champs ready to beatdown the blackhawks and actuallly win a playoff series!!

I think the Yotes have a chance of finally winning a series! Winning a series or two would help keep them in Glendale imo! You going to any games? Ill be attending game 5 and cant wait.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Pretty much the entire eastern conference hates the Pens. It's going to be a brutal playoff series for your team, even if they get past the Flyers (which I don't see) then you'll be limping to the second round. That series has more of a second or conference finals feel to it. I pick the Flyers in 7. That's one of two game seven first round games we'll see. The other being the Vancouver/LA series.

It will be a tough and physical series and I agree it will take a little bit out of the winner. I wouldn't be shocked if Philly won in 7 because they are a good team, but I think the most likely result is that the Penguins will win the series, probably in six games or so. I think we've got more talent, more depth and more playoff experience.

I wouldn't say that if we won we'd limp into the second round. It will take something out of us physically, but we'll be ready to roll if we end up advancing. The Rangers have been our biatches for years, so I'm not concerned about them.

This will come down to goaltending. If the goaltending is roughly even or favors the Penguins, the Penguins will advance. If it favors Philadelphia, they will advance. I say this because its likely that the Penguins will likely generate more shots and more scoring chances. Bobrovsky has stolen some games from us since he has stood on his head against PIT repeatedly for some reason. It remains to be seen whether Bryzgalov can do the same or not.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Pens fans are pu**ies just like their favorite players. Mario lemieux is my favorite hockey player of all time and always has been, but now that him and Bettman are boyfriends and he complains about the **** that HIS team is known for, I now hate him. All i want is an even officiated matchup, with bloodshed, best team wins. Oh and if any of you Pens fans are interested Mario Lemieux gold cards or any cards of him for that matter PM me, I used to collect all things lemieux back in the early 90's.

I'm frankly shocked that a Flyers fan would ever have Lemieux as their favorite player to begin with.

Requiem
04-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Penguins for life. SID FLOWER GENO BAM BINO GET YA **** DONE ****AS.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2012, 07:52 PM
Oh yeah, we had debates for hours on that subject. I recall him saying that if it wasn't for Mario's back problems and cancer...he would be ahead of Gretz.

I don't see how that is an unreasonable position at all. If you look at the points per game statistics, its essentially a statistical tie, Gretz at 1.92 PPG and Lemieux at 1.88 PPG. That's four hundreths of a point per game, a paper thin difference...and that includes the fact that Lemieux was constantly playing injured and ofcourse had the cancer treatment issues (and that Gretz was playing with tremendous Oilers teams throughout the 80s). Lemieux had some very good teams as well, albeit not nearly as many. The Penguins only had one truly great team ever and that was the 92-93 team, which did not even win the Cup.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Forget to state my WEST picks:
(1) VAN 4 (8) LA 3
(2) STL 4 (7) SJ 2
(6) CHI 4 (3) PHX 2
(5) DET 4 (4) NSH 3

Baba Booey
04-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Excellent video so I figured I'd share.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OohqTf5uvkY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

As for my Devils, I already paid up for my tickets through the first two rounds. Can't wait.

SoCalBronco
04-09-2012, 08:18 PM
:)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iNkSbK182Ro" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

maher_tyler
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Forget to state my WEST picks:
(1) VAN 4 (8) LA 3
(2) STL 4 (7) SJ 2
(6) CHI 4 (3) PHX 2
(5) DET 4 (4) NSH 3

I think Phoenix in 6, same with Vancouver...the other 2 i agree with.

24champ
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
I don't see how that is an unreasonable position at all. If you look at the points per game statistics, its essentially a statistical tie, Gretz at 1.92 PPG and Lemieux at 1.88 PPG. That's four hundreths of a point per game, a paper thin difference...and that includes the fact that Lemieux was constantly playing injured and ofcourse had the cancer treatment issues (and that Gretz was playing with tremendous Oilers teams throughout the 80s). Lemieux had some very good teams as well, albeit not nearly as many. The Penguins only had one truly great team ever and that was the 92-93 team, which did not even win the Cup.

You want some stats, here you go...

http://www.blogofmike.com/2011/01/gretzky-vs-lemieux-what-if-they-played.html

http://www.blogofmike.com/2011/01/gretzky-vs-lemieux-head-to-head_07.html

Igor Dmitriev: “Gretzky is like an invisible man. He appears out of nowhere, passes to nowhere, and a goal is scored.”

24champ
04-09-2012, 11:31 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/aSEsp4U6HQI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aftermath
04-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Predictions:

Round 1
(8)OTT vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 5
(7)WAS vs (2)BOS: (2)BOS in 6
(6)NJD vs (3)FLA: (6)NJD in 5
(5)PHI vs (4)PIT: (5)PHI in 7
(5)DET vs (4)NSH: (4)NSH in 6
(6)CHI vs (3)PHX: (6)CHI in 6
(7)SJ vs (2)STL: (7)SJ in 6
(8)LAK vs (1)VAN: (1)VAN in 7

I think either (1)VAN or (2)STL will go down in round one, went with STL.

(6)NJD vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 7
(5)PHI vs (2)BOS: (2)BOS in 5
(6)CHI vs (4)NSH: (4)NSH in 6
(7)SJ vs (1)VAN: (1)VAN in 6

Round 3

(2)BOS vs (1)NYR: (1)NYR in 7
(4)NSH vs (1)VAN: (4)NSH in 6

Finals
NSH vs NYR: NYR in 7

chadta
04-10-2012, 03:54 AM

The Flyers have missed the playoffs in only 8 years of their 44 year history. I'd say that's pretty damn competitive, year in and year out. In fact, only one other team has a higher ratio of playoff appearances. When you win that much, you don't get 5 straight draft picks in the top 5 with 4 of them being 1/2.

they do have the same script, lose alot, until you get some first picks, then win for a few years, go bankrupt wash rinse repeat, edmonton is doing it now, and the fans in toronto are crying for them to do it.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/04088/292486.stm#ixzz1rYUEuuKK

the oilers and devils had rules changed in the league because they were too good, oilers offensively, and devils defensively the penguins are the only team that had rules changed because they were so bad, hold your head high pissburg.

alkemical
04-10-2012, 06:22 AM

Exactly, you guys say all the same things.

I love how guys whine about whiners. It's the funniest damn thing in the world.

alkemical
04-10-2012, 06:24 AM

:yawn:

Let me know when you guys actually say anything different.

alkemical
04-10-2012, 06:27 AM
they do have the same script, lose alot, until you get some first picks, then win for a few years, go bankrupt wash rinse repeat, edmonton is doing it now, and the fans in toronto are crying for them to do it.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/04088/292486.stm#ixzz1rYUEuuKK

the oilers and devils had rules changed in the league because they were too good, oilers offensively, and devils defensively the penguins are the only team that had rules changed because they were so bad, hold your head high pissburg.

Again, you don't understand the larger picture of business.

the old management made bad deals, for the lease, etc etc. Thus they traded top talent, or let them walk for nothing in return.

now the team is profitable, and has a new arena..and is doing quite well. Mario's proved to be an excellent businessman & owner.

I mean, look at all the bad decisions Clarke made as GM that hindered PHI from actually winning the cup. He got in his own way.

24champ
04-10-2012, 11:11 AM
http://cdn1.diggstatic.com/story/vancouver_canucks_diving_team/o.png

Beantown Bronco
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Now that's funny.

Aftermath
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
I assume you got that from HFboards.com . They make awesome playoff threads each year of pictures like that, I have a ton on my home computer. Oh and Alchemikal why do you bother arguing? You'll have a new favorite team in 3 years or so.