PDA

View Full Version : 2011-2012 General NHL Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7

SoCalBronco
11-20-2011, 04:40 PM
LA hit a bit of a slump (and consequently so did my fantasy team), but they've got a more talented roster than the Penguins. I agree that something is off about Ovechkin, but I think with a veteran goaltender like Vokoun, the Caps will go deep in the playoffs. Their offense will start to come together soon.

"Caps" and "go deep in the playoffs" are like Snickers and WD-40, they are concepts which generally don't go together well. Tebow could be the goaltender and it wouldn't matter.

I agree LA has a very good roster, but with Crosby and Zbynek Michalek back, Pittsburgh is going to be sick, sick, sick. Can't wait to see him play with James Neal.

Ray Finkle
11-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Washington, really?

Have you taken a look at how they are playing lately? Ovechkin doesnt look right and they've been losing alot of games since their unbeaten streak ended.

And we beat LA in LA without Crosby.

Ovie's fat....he does work out as much as he did before.

Hercules Rockefeller
11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Boudreau should have been fired after losing to Montreal in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Boudreau should have been fired after getting swept by TBL last year.

Boudreau should be fired right now.

Alexander Semin needs to be traded just to get his lazy ass out of the lockerroom.

The Caps are a completely different team without Mike Green. His absence is not the only reason they're playing so poorly after the 7-0 start, but that's also when he got hurt.

chadta
11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Thanks for Richie! 5 goals in 6 games now.

and your point is ?

you act like we gave him to you for nothing, we got a couple decent players out of the deal, and got rid of a locker room cancer, it was a good trade, both teams are happy, that doesnt happen very often.

im happy about getting rid of mr high and wide carter, kind of indifferent about richie, still say when he is actually putting an effort he is one of the best players in the game, the problem is he doesnt do it every night.

you realize after all this shooting your mouth off you are due getting it all back first time he goes on a drinking binge and is invisible for 10 games, it will happen, trust me.

chadta
11-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Boudreau should have been fired after losing to Montreal in the playoffs 2 years ago.

Alexander Semin needs to be traded just to get his lazy ass out of the lockerroom.

The Caps are a completely different team without Mike Green. His absence is not the only reason they're playing so poorly after the 7-0 start, but that's also when he got hurt.

nobody cares about the crapitals dood, didnt you hear the savior is coming back to the NHL

chadta
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM
you realize after all this shooting your mouth off you are due getting it all back first time he goes on a drinking binge and is invisible for 10 games, it will happen, trust me.

i guess i should have asked where you were when he only got 3 goals in his first 14 games, im sure ill get another chance tho

SoCalBronco
11-20-2011, 05:25 PM

Calm down man...they've got their issues right now but its still early. We'll see how the East shakes out in April.

SoCalBronco
11-20-2011, 05:26 PM
and your point is ?

you act like we gave him to you for nothing, we got a couple decent players out of the deal, and got rid of a locker room cancer, it was a good trade, both teams are happy, that doesnt happen very often.

im happy about getting rid of mr high and wide carter, kind of indifferent about richie, still say when he is actually putting an effort he is one of the best players in the game, the problem is he doesnt do it every night.

Locker room cancer? This guy was your captain and you and Philly were constantly sucking him off on this board, but when the team dumps him...suddenly he's a cancer.

Right.

Ray Finkle
11-20-2011, 05:30 PM

and don't forget fat Ovie.....

BroncoLifer
11-20-2011, 05:34 PM
...Tebow could be the goaltender and it wouldn't matter.

Hater!

chadta
11-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Locker room cancer? This guy was your captain and you and Philly were constantly sucking him off on this board, but when the team dumps him...suddenly he's a cancer.

Right.

i still think hes a hell of a player, he takes too much time off tho, and apparently was the problem in the locker room.

Bronx33
11-20-2011, 06:38 PM
I wished we had cheerleaders

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7595/cheer.jpg

chadta
11-20-2011, 06:46 PM
I wished we had cheerleaders

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7595/cheer.jpg

i wished some of them had tanning beds, i mean come on girls get some sun, its hard to see them on the ice

the carolina ice girls are pretty decent too, the philly ones are dogs

BTW CBC has picked up cindys return, and VS has dumped the bruins game to show the return, let the knob slobbering begin

24champ
11-20-2011, 08:28 PM

Right.

Nothing wrong with living the life!

He's got the ultimate bachelors pad...

http://watch.tsn.ca/cabbie-presents/clip542012#clip542012

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v286/37/41/616455/n616455_35191967_5499.jpg

chadta
11-21-2011, 05:04 AM
Nothing wrong with living the life!

He's got the ultimate bachelors pad...

http://watch.tsn.ca/cabbie-presents/clip542012#clip542012

http://photos-h.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v286/37/41/616455/n616455_35191967_5499.jpg

nothing at all, heck hes still young, he deserves it, i know if i was him id be doing it, but for the 3 hours that its game time it needs to be game time, and there were a few times where you could tell that it wasnt.

hes going to enjoy winter out in LA alot better than in philly i would think, heres hoping hes not the next charlie sheen, because all indications are that he and carter where the philly version of the toxic twins. Maybe he needs the anonymity of being a hockey player in LA, maybe being the captain of a hockey team in a market that actually likes hockey was too much pressure for him.

chadta
11-21-2011, 03:03 PM
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/7116/croso.jpg

hasnt even taken the ice yet, and tsn has already converted the home page, oddly enough the name is nowhere on espn LOL

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Sweet goal by Sid! :) Nice burst of speed.

teknic
11-21-2011, 05:26 PM
Sweet goal by Sid! :) Nice burst of speed.

Yeah, that was nice. He almost got a point on his first shift too.

Good to see him back to form so quickly. He's still leaving himself open to the big hit a little too much though.

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Sid with the primary assist on the Orpik goal.

Goal and an assist for Sid, we're not done with the first period yet. Nice.

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 05:42 PM
Almost another goal on the PP.

Ray Finkle
11-21-2011, 05:44 PM
How many dives? I am guessing 2 and 3 bitches at the refs...

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 05:45 PM
How many dives? I am guessing 2 and 3 b****es at the refs...

No dives and no biatching the refs....we've already gotten 3 PPs so I'm happy with the officiating so far :wiggle:

Ray Finkle
11-21-2011, 06:04 PM
No dives and no biatching the refs....we've already gotten 3 PPs so I'm happy with the officiating so far :wiggle:

The dancing queen can only hold it back so long......

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 06:08 PM
Sid with an assist to Geno's goal on PP.

3 points for Sid so far...and counting.

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful pass from Geno to Sullivan.

4-0, Penguins.

Ray Finkle
11-21-2011, 06:16 PM
Beautiful pass from Geno to Sullivan.

4-0, Penguins.

Dude.....it's the Isle. Even Bob can get laid in a morgue.....

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 06:20 PM
Dude.....it's the Isle. Even Bob can get laid in a morgue.....

LOL.....great line.

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 07:04 PM
Sid with another goal, OMG.

Nice backhand.

2 G 2 A.

Best in the world, no doubt.

chadta
11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
The dancing queen can only hold it back so long......

hes actually gotten better and doesnt whine nearly as much as he used to, or maybe its just been so nice with him not playing that we've already forgot how bad he was i dunno

SoCalBronco
11-21-2011, 07:15 PM
Flower with a sweet save.

Ray Finkle
11-21-2011, 07:48 PM
Flower with a sweet save.

I want to bite you every time you call him that....there is only one flower.

chadta
11-22-2011, 04:49 AM
apparently cindy has been credited with 2 goals from the florida new jersey game as well since nobody was watching it

alkemical
11-22-2011, 08:05 AM
hes actually gotten better and doesnt whine nearly as much as he used to, or maybe its just been so nice with him not playing that we've already forgot how bad he was i dunno

Meh, it's being in your early 20's. Remember how mouthy you were until you grew out of it?

wait...what am i saying?

:D (lol, kidding buddy)

I saw Forsberg do a lot of the same things - so really - it's one of those things where you hate him when he's NOT on your team. :D

alkemical
11-22-2011, 08:06 AM
The Pens also had Defensman Michalek return to the ice as well.

I don't think Paul Martin gets a contract extension in/from Pitt - i expect him to be traded by next year.

chadta
11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Bruins and sabres is on now, good old time hockey, already a couple fights, and a rough game, god i miss games like this.

For once a game that they thought could get ugly, is actually living up to its billing, these teams really dont like each other, and buffalo just scored, but my god the boston announcers are almost as bad as the pissburg and buffalo announcers.

maher_tyler
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Can we please fire Sacco! I'll eat my crow from what I previously said about this team. Right now we're just a ****ty team. I wanna know wtf these guys practice. Being a young team isn't a good excuse. Edmonton is playing pretty good!

24champ
11-23-2011, 08:47 PM
nothing at all, heck hes still young, he deserves it, i know if i was him id be doing it, but for the 3 hours that its game time it needs to be game time, and there were a few times where you could tell that it wasnt.

hes going to enjoy winter out in LA alot better than in philly i would think, heres hoping hes not the next charlie sheen, because all indications are that he and carter where the philly version of the toxic twins. Maybe he needs the anonymity of being a hockey player in LA, maybe being the captain of a hockey team in a market that actually likes hockey was too much pressure for him.
Thanks for Richie! 8 goals in 9 games! ;D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zAO3xP7vjSo/TgWgWbsbviI/AAAAAAAAAs8/ED4tIy5RbW4/s640/Richards3.jpg

Bronx33
11-23-2011, 08:53 PM
Can we please fire Sacco! I'll eat my crow from what I previously said about this team. Right now we're just a ****ty team. I wanna know wtf these guys practice. Being a young team isn't a good excuse. Edmonton is playing pretty good!

Something has to change soon.

SoCalBronco
11-23-2011, 08:54 PM
Not a great effort from PIT, tonight. Lucky to get a point. Geno was sick, though.

maher_tyler
11-23-2011, 09:48 PM
Not a great effort from PIT, tonight. Lucky to get a point. Geno was sick, though.

Pittsburgh's worst night, would prolly be close to the Avs best night. I'd love to have a player on the Avs half as good as Geno!

Vancouver 3 Avs 0

chadta
11-24-2011, 04:49 AM
I'd love to have a player on the Avs half as good as Geno!

all you have to do is suck so bad that you pick in the top 5 for a number of years in a row, just think tho.

but you need to time it right, it does no good to be terrible in a year where there isnt really any superstars, besides thatll be the year that you lose the draft lottery and dont get to pick first anyhow.

alkemical
11-24-2011, 06:16 AM
yeah, but the suckage was also due to ****ty trades by criag patrick when the pens ran out of $.

do you know whom the pens got for jagr, kovalev, lang?

I won't argue that the pens had a fix and got crosby, but fluery, orpik, ryan whitney (ducks) were draft picks before malkin, crosby, & staal (drafted in that order).

Why have other teams picked higher, more consistantly...but haven't made the turn-around?

BroncosSR
11-24-2011, 08:21 AM
yeah, but the suckage was also due to ****ty trades by criag patrick when the pens ran out of $.

do you know whom the pens got for jagr, kovalev, lang?

I won't argue that the pens had a fix and got crosby, but fluery, orpik, ryan whitney (ducks) were draft picks before malkin, crosby, & staal (drafted in that order).

Why have other teams picked higher, more consistantly...but haven't made the turn-around?

What other team has picked in the top 5 for 5 straight years and in the top 2 for 4 of those years?

With the 1 or 2 pick for 4 consecutive years, the Pens got Crosby, Malkin, Stall and Fluery.

SoCalBronco
11-24-2011, 12:13 PM
What other team has picked in the top 5 for 5 straight years and in the top 2 for 4 of those years?

With the 1 or 2 pick for 4 consecutive years, the Pens got Crosby, Malkin, Stall and Fluery.

The Islanders regularly pick in the Top 5, how come they aren't a powerhouse?

teknic
11-24-2011, 12:30 PM

They soon will be, pending any more idiotic moves by the organization (like DiPietro's contract). They have a solid core of young players in Tavares, Okposo, Grabner, Bailey and Hamonic, and they also have some top prospects like Niederreiter, Strome, Kabanov and de Haan. The Islanders are a couple defenders and a goaltender away from being a playoff team, but their future looks pretty good.

Great teams build through the draft. The Kings picked high in the first round for quite a few years, and are now one of the best teams in the league. The Blackhawks won a cup building through the draft with high picks. Edmonton has assembled quite a potent young offense with their picks. The Capitals also built through the draft with some success.

The point is, in the salary cap era, you have to build through the draft for long term success, and having a number of consecutive high draft picks helps develop a solid core of players.

gyldenlove
11-24-2011, 12:48 PM

For one they have no money, imagine when times were really bad in Pittsburgh - yeah things are worse on Long Island and this is in a league where every other team is spending more than they did when it sucked in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully the Isles can suck for another year and get a number 1 overall again, and then move the team to a place with an actual audience.

SoCalBronco
11-24-2011, 01:22 PM
For one they have no money, imagine when times were really bad in Pittsburgh - yeah things are worse on Long Island and this is in a league where every other team is spending more than they did when it sucked in Pittsburgh.

Hopefully the Isles can suck for another year and get a number 1 overall again, and then move the team to a place with an actual audience.

IMO, I dont think its money, I think its Charles Wang being a douchebag.

gyldenlove
11-24-2011, 01:27 PM
IMO, I dont think its money, I think its Charles Wang being a douchebag.

Oh socal, you could have gone so many ways with Wang being a .... and you went for douchebag?

The Islanders have no fans, no income and an owner who would be perfectly happy not spending any money if it wasn't for the salary floor.

maher_tyler
11-24-2011, 04:53 PM
Oh socal, you could have gone so many ways with Wang being a .... and you went for douchebag?

The Islanders have no fans, no income and an owner who would be perfectly happy not spending any money if it wasn't for the salary floor.

Same could be said of the Avs. They're pretty close to the cap floor.

gyldenlove
11-24-2011, 06:02 PM
[/B]

Same could be said of the Avs. They're pretty close to the cap floor.

Aside from 2 teams with no owners, no team in the NHL draws fewer fans at home than the Isles, at least the Avs can still put some bums in seats.

maher_tyler
11-24-2011, 06:09 PM
Aside from 2 teams with no owners, no team in the NHL draws fewer fans at home than the Isles, at least the Avs can still put some bums in seats.

I was replying to the not spending any money on anyone worth a ****. Chuck Kobasew?? Really??

chadta
11-24-2011, 06:54 PM
lets not forget, unlike all the other crappy teams, the islanders dont get revenue sharing, so while pissburg was cashing the cheques from toronto, the islanders havent gotten a cent.

and like teknic said, there is a big difference between drafting "high" and being top 5 for 5 straight years, and of that 4 were top 2 picks.

i challenge you to show me any other team that has drafted top 5 for 5 straight years.

the current islanders group has 1,2,5,7,9 big difference from 1,1,2,2,5

the last team to have 3 was the then quebec nordiques, and they also won a cup after being really crappy for really long, and a good haul from the lindros trade.

gyldenlove
11-24-2011, 07:02 PM
I was replying to the not spending any money on anyone worth a ****. Chuck Kobasew?? Really??

Gotta love Chuck Kobasew.

It will get better, if the dedication to keeping key players exists in Denver, guys like Erik Johnson, Landeskog, Varlamov and a few other young guys can make a solid core.

chadta
11-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Gotta love Chuck Kobasew.

It will get better, if the dedication to keeping key players exists in Denver, guys like Erik Johnson, Landeskog, Varlamov and a few other young guys can make a solid core.

im not sure that exsists in denver tho, you guys have killer corporate support, but the the fans just dont seem to care all that much, i mean that is why the rockies left in the first place isnt it.

gyldenlove
11-25-2011, 08:33 AM
im not sure that exsists in denver tho, you guys have killer corporate support, but the the fans just dont seem to care all that much, i mean that is why the rockies left in the first place isnt it.

I have no idea, I am a Red Wings fan so no money problems for me :)

SoCalBronco
11-25-2011, 05:27 PM
Sid with 3 assists already we're only 10 minutes into the game.
:strong:

PIT opening up a can on OTT. 4-1 halfway through the first period.

broncocalijohn
11-25-2011, 06:26 PM
Just want to chime in and say Ducks suck bad. 4-2 lead and give up 3 goals in less than the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period. Lose 6-5 and sucking it up in the cellar. Hiller, since his balance problems from last half of 2010-2011 season, has sucked really bad. Doesn't help that Visnousky has been out for over a month.

Bronx33
11-27-2011, 12:06 PM
You think this a legit goal? i watched it several times and i think he kicked it in.

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=35&id=137929&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=35&id=137929&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl"></embed></object>

Zach Parise thought he scored the game-tying goal with just two seconds left against the Islanders. After all, he crashed the net peppered away at the puck and had it glance off his skate and past Al Montoya.

As it turns out, the NHL war room in Toronto saw things just a bit differently and ruled that he directed the puck into the net with his skate, wiping away the goal and giving the Islanders a 3-2 win in New Jersey. As you might imagine, that ruling didn’t sit too well with Devils captain Parise.

Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice hears the protests from Parise after a tough loss.

“A tight game like that where we worked to get back into it and they make the wrong call.”

“I just watched it and I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with it,” Parise said. “I knew it hit off my skate. I knew it hit off my stick too, but if that’s a kicking motion, then I don’t know.”

While the Isles were happy to see the decision work for them, the play itself is highly dubious. Check out the video and see for yourself.

gyldenlove
11-27-2011, 01:02 PM
That looks like the right call to me, the puck is stationary and he flicks his skate to push the puck in, you are allowed to deflect the puck in but not actively push it in.

teknic
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Just want to chime in and say Ducks suck bad. 4-2 lead and give up 3 goals in less than the first 5 minutes of the 3rd period. Lose 6-5 and sucking it up in the cellar. Hiller, since his balance problems from last half of 2010-2011 season, has sucked really bad. Doesn't help that Visnousky has been out for over a month.

I hope the Ducks suck today! :wiggle:

Their top line and even Selanne on the second line can still dominate games, and if their powerplay gets going like last year, they have a lot of offense.

chadta
11-27-2011, 02:56 PM
You think this a legit goal? i watched it several times and i think he kicked it in.

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=35&id=137929&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=35&id=137929&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl"></embed></object>

Zach Parise thought he scored the game-tying goal with just two seconds left against the Islanders. After all, he crashed the net peppered away at the puck and had it glance off his skate and past Al Montoya.

As it turns out, the NHL war room in Toronto saw things just a bit differently and ruled that he directed the puck into the net with his skate, wiping away the goal and giving the Islanders a 3-2 win in New Jersey. As you might imagine, that ruling didn’t sit too well with Devils captain Parise.

“A tight game like that where we worked to get back into it and they make the wrong call.”

“I just watched it and I’m sorry, but I can’t agree with it,” Parise said. “I knew it hit off my skate. I knew it hit off my stick too, but if that’s a kicking motion, then I don’t know.”

While the Isles were happy to see the decision work for them, the play itself is highly dubious. Check out the video and see for yourself.

i think thats a no goal, but i also think this is a no goal, but am not surprised at the outcome considering the team involved

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1VTUFOUrnU&feature=player_embedded

teknic
11-27-2011, 03:53 PM

I think that call was bad, but by the rule, it's correct.

People have been calling for the NHL to change the kicking rule for years, because it's hard to identify a kicking motion sometimes. The proposed change is simple and easy to officiate: As long as your skate remains on the ice for the entire motion, then it's a good goal.

The point of the kicking rule is to reduce serious injuries, because kicking with a knife on your foot is dangerous, particularly around the net. If the rule was changed to allow for kicking if the skate is on the ice, the same injury prevention exists, and it's much easier to officiate.

While we're at it, they should get rid of the stupid trapezoid behind the net, and fire Gary Bettman.

http://www.firebettman.com/

Smiling Assassin27
11-29-2011, 12:42 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Cgtx2lsul4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ray Finkle
11-29-2011, 08:13 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8Cgtx2lsul4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But he's da kid!

24champ
11-29-2011, 10:29 PM

he's just asking for another concussion.

Smiling Assassin27
11-30-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah, lot of folks are crying for suspensions and such, which is nonsense. Thea announcers took it a bit far, IMO. Dude committed a penalty and got minutes for it, nuff said. But the bigger issue here is that the guy spent all the downtime calling for outlawing head shots and then does this punk move. Had this been Foligno doing this to Crosby, you'd best believe Foligno would be sent to outer Mongolia.

Considering the next time Sid gets a concussion, he may be out of hockey drooling in a cup, he probably should be a bit more conscious and in control.

Bronx33
12-01-2011, 12:51 PM
I guess folingo was running into the goalie all night. ( just saying)

gyldenlove
12-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Yeah, lot of folks are crying for suspensions and such, which is nonsense. Thea announcers took it a bit far, IMO. Dude committed a penalty and got minutes for it, nuff said. But the bigger issue here is that the guy spent all the downtime calling for outlawing head shots and then does this punk move. Had this been Foligno doing this to Crosby, you'd best believe Foligno would be sent to outer Mongolia.

Considering the next time Sid gets a concussion, he may be out of hockey drooling in a cup, he probably should be a bit more conscious and in control.

2 cross-checks and an elbow that is just chicken****. If you want to get physical with a guy who is in your goalies face you drop the gloves and rough him up. I would say a 1 game suspension is in order, it was not the most severe elbow and it was not to the back of the head or to an unsuspecting player, but clearly a message has to be send in this case that nobody is above the rules.

chadta
12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I guess folingo was running into the goalie all night. ( just saying)

Hilarious!

really ? so crosby decides to be enforcer and get him ? LOL

why didnt he jump him at a face off, thats more his style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c53DZ9iHrJE

and Champ

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/nasty-hit-puts-kings-mike-richards-on-injured-reserve/article2259007/

its a shame it took this to shut you up about how many points he got

24champ
12-03-2011, 01:59 PM
and Champ

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/nasty-hit-puts-kings-mike-richards-on-injured-reserve/article2259007/

its a shame it took this to shut you up about how many points he got

Typical flyer fan, relishing in the injuries of other players.

24champ
12-06-2011, 01:03 AM
What do you guys think of the new 4 conferences plan?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-approves-4-conference-realignment-new-playo?urn=nhl-wp19063

broncocalijohn
12-06-2011, 01:06 AM
What do you guys think of the new 4 conferences plan?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/NHL-approves-4-conference-realignment-new-playo?urn=nhl-wp19063

I dont mind it but the West has more teams lined up and will be harder to get the bottom of the playoff seeds. I just wonder what happens if we have any more moves. Maybe Florida team(s) to Canada? NHL probably already thought of that if it does happen. I do like that more of a West Coast feel with Vancouver in there. Also having Colorado isnt too bad either.

24champ
12-06-2011, 01:32 AM
Phoenix is going to end up in Quebec and with the league moving in this direction, there's certainly going to be expansion down the road.

chadta
12-06-2011, 05:23 AM
Phoenix is going to end up in Quebec and with the league moving in this direction, there's certainly going to be expansion down the road.

first part i agree with, second i hate the thought of it, but unfortunately i think you may be right on that too, allow we all know that what the league needs is contraction.

Shotgun Willie
12-06-2011, 07:17 AM
With Crosby back, we're the best team in the league, hands down.

Prepare to get owned.

Tim Thomas > The Penguins

Smiling Assassin27
12-07-2011, 09:37 AM
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/33237326?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/33237326">Listen to the Ryan Lambert vs. John Steigerwald radio battle</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9544963">Greg Wyshynski</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 06:19 PM
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/33237326?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/33237326">Listen to the Ryan Lambert vs. John Steigerwald radio battle</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9544963">Greg Wyshynski</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

good god!! i listened to the whole thing.

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 06:43 PM
What do you think about this call?

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=60&id=140502&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=60&id=140502&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl"></embed></object>

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 06:50 PM
wtf?

Fleury's Cup ring on Craigslist (http://www.calgarysun.com/2011/12/07/fleurys-cup-ring-on-craigslist)

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 07:23 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/06/north-dakota-saying-goodbye-to-fighting-sioux-nickname/

There have been discussion, negotiations, and even lawsuits over the last few years revolving around the University of North Dakota and their Fighting Sioux nickname and logo. Finally, there is some action to go along with all of the talk.

The school is now taking significant steps to transition away from the Fighting Sioux nickname/logo—a process that will be “substantially completed” by December 31, 2011. The hockey team will continue to wear the same jerseys until February when the new jerseys are available, but around campus the school will take steps to remove the logo and nickname from just about all visible locations.

According to the University, the school is aiming for “several key values” while they transition the nickname and logo. They say they want to show respect, take care, provide inclusiveness, and show transparency as they make the move away from the Fighting Sioux.

Bronx33
12-07-2011, 07:30 PM
As if we needed any more reasons, the 2003 NHL Entry Draft — widely regarded as the all-time best — keeps getting better.
(http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/07/09/further-proof-that-the-2003-nhl-entry-draft-was-the-best-of-all-time/)
This is a draft that gave us potential Hall of Famers in Marc-Andre Fleury (1st overall), Eric Staal, (second), Thomas Vanek (fifth), Dion Phaneuf (ninth), Jeff Carter (11th), Brent Seabrook (14th), Zach Parise (17th), Ryan Getzlaf (19th), Ryan Kesler (23rd), Mike Richards (24th), Corey Perry (28th), Loui Eriksson (33rd), Patrice Bergeron (45th), Shea Weber (49th), David Backes (62nd), Dustin Byfuglien (24th) and Jaroslav Halak (271st).

To date, all but one player selected in the first round — Hugh Jessiman, who was the 11th overall pick of the New York Rangers — have played at least one game in the NHL. Five first-round selections have won a Stanley Cup. And 14 players competed in the gold medal game between Canada and the U.S. at this year’s Olympics.

But the true sign that this draft was indeed a special one can be found on the front of a player’s jersey. On Thursday, Shea Weber was named captain of the Nashville Predators. So now there is a league-leading five 2003 draftees wearing the “C.”

The next highest is the 1997 draft, which includes Vancouver Canucks’ Roberto Luongo (fourth overall), St. Louis’ Eric Brewer (fifth) and Dallas Stars’ Brenden Morrow (25th). The 1989, 1993, 1994 and 1995 drafts have each acounted for two captains.

However, the 2003 draft could be getting two more captains by the start of the upcoming season.

Former Anaheim Ducks captain just retired and Getzlaf is believed to be his successor. The Canucks are reportedly thinking about taking away the captaincy from Luongo and giving it to Kesler. And Joe Pavelski seems the favourite to succeed the now-retired Rob Blake as the San Jose Sharks’ captain.

Either way, the 2003 draft is ridiculously strong. And as the players mature, it is guaranteed to become stronger and stronger.

Here are the captains for all 30 NHL teams.
Anaheim Ducks Vacant
Atlanta Thrashers Vacant
Boston Bruins Zdeno Chara, 56th overall, 1996
Buffalo Sabers Craig Rivet, 68th overall, 1992
Calgary Flames Jarome Iginla, 11th overall, 1995
Carolina Hurricanes Eric Staal, 2nd overall, 2003
Chicago Blackhawks Jonathan Toews, 3rd overall, 2006
Colorado Avalanche Adam Foote, 22nd overall, 1989
Columbus Blue Jackets Rick Nash, 1st overall, 2002
Dallas Stars Brenden Morrow, 25th overall, 1997
Detroit Red Wings Nicklas Lidstrom, 53rd overall, 1989
Edmonton Oilers Vacant
Florida Panthers Bryan McCabe, 40th overall, 1993
Los Angeles Kings Dustin Brown, 13th overall, 2003
Minnesota Wild Mikko Koivu, 6th overall, 2001
Montreal Canadiens Vacant
Nashville Predators Shea Weber, 49th overall, 2003
New Jersey Devils Jamie Langenbrunner, 35th overall, 1993
New York Islanders Doug Weight, 34th overall, 1990
New York Rangers Chris Drury, 72nd overall, 1994
Ottawa Senators Daniel Alfredsson, 133rd overall, 1994
Philadelphia Flyers Mike Richards, 24th overall, 2003
Phoenix Coyotes Shane Doan, 7th overall, 1995
Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby, 1st overall, 2005
St. Louis Blues Eric Brewer, 5th overall, 1997
San Jose Sharks Vacant
Tampa Bay Lightning Vincent Lecavalier, 1st overall, 1998
Toronto Maple Leafs Dion Phaneuf, 9th overall, 2003
Vancouver Canucks Roberto Luongo, 4th overall, 1997
Washington Capitals Alex Ovechkin, 1st overall, 2004

Agamemnon
12-07-2011, 09:03 PM
Avalanche have gone back to sucking after a nice start, and the Broncos are hot. What is this hockey you speak of?

SoCalBronco
12-07-2011, 09:12 PM
Sid out 2 games.

chadta
12-08-2011, 05:24 AM

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=60&id=140502&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=60&id=140502&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl"></embed></object>

leaves his feet, targets the head, downie got 20 games for doing the same thing, but he was wearing orange so this should be a few games

Leino should be getting a few games for a crossing elbow from last nights game too

broncocalijohn
12-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Bronx33, you can fill in that Vacant for the Ducks to Captain for Getzlaf. Selanne took the "A" this year. Amazing draft year indeed.

alkemical
12-08-2011, 10:21 AM
I have my criticisms of Fluery, but I'm not sure if the Pens would have won a cup without him.

maher_tyler
12-08-2011, 09:29 PM
I officially hate the Flames! 100% these refs were all Canadian. 8 PP's for Calgary to the Avs 3. 2 double minors. One of the worst refed games of the season that i have seen or at least lopsided in one teams favor!

chadta
12-09-2011, 05:00 AM

ok as i said i think thats a suspension, now im going to warn about the terrible quailty of this, but so is this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh9EenqzdtM&feature=player_embedded

it doesnt get any clearer than that

canadianbroncosfan
12-09-2011, 11:59 AM
As if we needed any more reasons, the 2003 NHL Entry Draft — widely regarded as the all-time best — keeps getting better.
(http://sports.nationalpost.com/2010/07/09/further-proof-that-the-2003-nhl-entry-draft-was-the-best-of-all-time/)
This is a draft that gave us potential Hall of Famers in Marc-Andre Fleury (1st overall), Eric Staal, (second), Thomas Vanek (fifth), Dion Phaneuf (ninth), Jeff Carter (11th), Brent Seabrook (14th), Zach Parise (17th), Ryan Getzlaf (19th), Ryan Kesler (23rd), Mike Richards (24th), Corey Perry (28th), Loui Eriksson (33rd), Patrice Bergeron (45th), Shea Weber (49th), David Backes (62nd), Dustin Byfuglien (24th) and Jaroslav Halak (271st).

To date, all but one player selected in the first round — Hugh Jessiman, who was the 11th overall pick of the New York Rangers — have played at least one game in the NHL. Five first-round selections have won a Stanley Cup. And 14 players competed in the gold medal game between Canada and the U.S. at this year’s Olympics.

But the true sign that this draft was indeed a special one can be found on the front of a player’s jersey. On Thursday, Shea Weber was named captain of the Nashville Predators. So now there is a league-leading five 2003 draftees wearing the “C.”

The next highest is the 1997 draft, which includes Vancouver Canucks’ Roberto Luongo (fourth overall), St. Louis’ Eric Brewer (fifth) and Dallas Stars’ Brenden Morrow (25th). The 1989, 1993, 1994 and 1995 drafts have each acounted for two captains.

However, the 2003 draft could be getting two more captains by the start of the upcoming season.

Former Anaheim Ducks captain just retired and Getzlaf is believed to be his successor. The Canucks are reportedly thinking about taking away the captaincy from Luongo and giving it to Kesler. And Joe Pavelski seems the favourite to succeed the now-retired Rob Blake as the San Jose Sharks’ captain.

Either way, the 2003 draft is ridiculously strong. And as the players mature, it is guaranteed to become stronger and stronger.

Anaheim Ducks Vacant
Atlanta Thrashers Vacant
Edmonton Oilers Vacant
San Jose Sharks Vacant

Shawn Horcoff is the Edmonton Oilers captain and I guess I could just Google it but wasn't Byfuglien like a 7th or 8th round pick? I don't think he was 24th overall

canadianbroncosfan
12-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Finally the Oilers play the Avalanche and I'll have time to spend on the Mane tonight. I'd wish you guys luck but the Oilers are taking a big nosedive and badly need a win after a terrible home stand.

Hercules Rockefeller
12-09-2011, 01:49 PM

Fleury- 1 All-Star appearance
Staal- 4 All-Star games and 1 2nd Team All-Star
Vanek- 1 All-Star game and 1 2nd Team All-Star
Phaneuf- 2 All-Star games and a 1st Team All-Star
Carter- 1 All-Star game
Seabrook- nada
Parise- 1 All-Star game and 1 2nd Team All-Star
Getzlaf- 2 All-Star games
Kesler- 1 All-Star game and he won the Selke
Mike Richards- 1 All-Star game and 1 2nd team All-Star
Corey Perry- 2 All-Star games and he won the Hart and Richard last year and was a 1st Team All-Star
Eriksson- 1 All-Star game
Bergeron- nada
Weber- 2 All-Star games and 1 1st Team All-Star
Backes- 1 All-Star game
Dustin B- 1 All-Star game
Halak- Nada

Not knocking the overall class, because it is an awesome class, but there isn't a guy in there whose performance at this point screams future HoFer. You've got 1 Hart, 1 Richard, and 1 Selke from that class. There are younger, individual players (Crosby and Ovechkin) with more hardware than that class put together.

Baba Booey
12-09-2011, 03:15 PM
Meet the other Devils rookie named Adam.

Henrique is currently riding a seven-game point streak, the longest by a rookie in the NHL this season.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k490/DevilsHQ/hen1.gif

YTD stats are six goals and 14 assists for 20 points in 24 games.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pGI4GRY0TsQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ERbs30fepQs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5U9MlpH_Bb0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Sorry our announcers are so brutal by the way.

maher_tyler
12-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Finally the Oilers play the Avalanche and I'll have time to spend on the Mane tonight. I'd wish you guys luck but the Oilers are taking a big nosedive and badly need a win after a terrible home stand.

Avs suck dude! They're some rumors that Sacco has lost the team..not sure how true that is but wouldn't surprise me.

Btw, i used to live in Airdrie AB..just north of Calgary...

canadianbroncosfan
12-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Avs suck dude! They're some rumors that Sacco has lost the team..not sure how true that is but wouldn't surprise me.

Btw, i used to live in Airdrie AB..just north of Calgary...

Haven't seen a whole lot of them this year. I'm an Oilers fan second to my Blackhawks, and don't even watch Edmonton all the time. However watching the Avs last night get lit up by a bunch of kids, yeah they have some work to do.

And I am well aware where Airdrie is ha-ha.

24champ
12-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Kings fire Terry Murray, per Hammond. Stevens will fill in as interim.

chadta
12-15-2011, 06:08 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=382826

good thing cindy is done because our sid solution is done as well

Smiling Assassin27
12-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Mike Milbury charged with assault

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPNBoston.com

Former Boston Bruins player and coach Mike Milbury has been charged with assault and battery on a child after an incident at a pee-wee hockey game.

Milbury, who is currently an NHL analyst for several networks, also was charged with threats to commit a crime and disorderly conduct after allegedly verbally and physically assaulting a 12-year-old boy during a Dec. 9 game at the rink at Larz Andersen Park in Brookline, Mass.

The 59-year-old Milbury must appear in Brookline District Court to answer the charges, but no court date has been set.

Milbury is an assistant coach for his son's team in the league. During an exhibition game, his son got into a scrape with an opponent. According to the Boston Herald, Milbury charged onto the ice and berated and shook the the opposing player.

Milbury's representatives have not responded to request for comment by the Herald.

Milbury played 12 seasons as as defenseman for the Bruins from 1974 to 1987. He coached the Bruins from 1988 to 1990, leading them to the Stanley Cup finals in his first season.

He later coached and served as general manager of the New York Islanders.

He must've been seeing Piere Maguire's face as he shook that kid. ;)

Bronx33
12-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Darryl Sutter accepts the Kings head coaching job

gyldenlove
12-17-2011, 08:02 PM
Darryl Sutter accepts the Kings head coaching job

Was this before or after the Red Wings curb stomped them?

Bronx33
12-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Vancouver authorities are still going after rioters (http://blogs.theprovince.com/tag/stanley-cup-riot/)

An unidentified 24-year-old male from Blaine, Wash. is facing charges of participating in a riot, mischief and break and enter after police say he looted a number of items from a store.

The kicker? This future MENSA member was wearing a hockey jersey…with his name on it.

“Like many others, the accused broke into the store and stole a number of items,” said the VPD. “Unlike many others that night, [he] allegedly had his surname emblazoned across his back on a hockey jersey.”

Look, you have to be a special kind of stupid to earn “Dumbest Stanley Cup Rioter” honors. There’s some pretty stiff competition, including standing on a Port-a-Potty guy and punched a firefighter guy. But if these charges stick, IDing himself by wearing his own hockey jersey guy is going to top ‘em all.

canadianbroncosfan
12-19-2011, 06:25 PM
He must've been seeing Piere Maguire's face as he shook that kid. ;)

Ha!Ha!Ha!

Bronx33
12-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Damn shanahan how many times can you replay the seabrooke drilling lol.

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=60&id=143498&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=60&id=143498&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl"></embed></object>

Ray Finkle
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM

Anaheim Ducks Vacant
Atlanta Thrashers Vacant
Edmonton Oilers Vacant
San Jose Sharks Vacant

hated the pick at the time...but Huge Specimen (and I throw up in my mouth every time that is mentioned) did play a few games with the Rangers...

Shotgun Willie
12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Vancouver authorities are still going after rioters (http://blogs.theprovince.com/tag/stanley-cup-riot/)

An unidentified 24-year-old male from Blaine, Wash. is facing charges of participating in a riot, mischief and break and enter after police say he looted a number of items from a store.

The kicker? This future MENSA member was wearing a hockey jersey…with his name on it.

“Like many others, the accused broke into the store and stole a number of items,” said the VPD. “Unlike many others that night, [he] allegedly had his surname emblazoned across his back on a hockey jersey.”

Look, you have to be a special kind of stupid to earn “Dumbest Stanley Cup Rioter” honors. There’s some pretty stiff competition, including standing on a Port-a-Potty guy and punched a firefighter guy. But if these charges stick, IDing himself by wearing his own hockey jersey guy is going to top ‘em all.

Who's the dumber one: the idiot who wore a jersey with his name on it while he rioted; or the idiots on the police task force who took 6 full months to figure out who the rioter was after seeing his name right there in plain sight?

teknic
12-21-2011, 10:06 PM
http://927maxfm.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/orrtebows.jpg

Bronx33
12-21-2011, 10:37 PM
jezzzzzzz

Bronx33
12-29-2011, 06:31 PM
bump

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 01:30 PM
I love the Winter Classic. I hope its in Denver or Minnesota someday.

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Anybody see that low life loser raffi torres and his mid evil reign of terror? i have no idea why that clown is allowed to play in the pros.

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 01:41 PM
Anybody see that low life loser raffi torres and his mid evil reign of terror? i have no idea why that clown is allowed to play in the pros.

He is a bum... I cant believe he didnt get his ass kicked after that hit in the Avs game the other night.

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 01:47 PM
He is a bum... I cant believe he didnt get his ass kicked after that hit in the Avs game the other night.

He got fined 2,500 for that hit and hes under review for two more one on Nate Prosser of the wild and andrew ferrence of boston which shanahan did nothing about but Mcquaid kicked hi a** which was funny.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_C330blVE8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_C330blVE8&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

24champ
01-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Brayden Schenn gets the Flyers on board. 1-0 Flyers.

SoCalBronco
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
Geno wins player of the month.

Come on Rags, beat the Flyers. Don't be worthless, Finkle. :)

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Geno wins player of the month.

Come on Rags, beat the Flyers. Don't be worthless, Finkle. :)

Rags at least responded to that 2 goal flurry with one of their own.

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Rags at least responded to that 2 goal flurry with one of their own.

And now they're back on top! Good game so far.

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 03:38 PM
He got fined 2,500 for that hit and hes under review for two more one on Nate Prosser of the wild and andrew ferrence of boston which shanahan did nothing about but Mcquaid kicked hi a** which was funny.

Awesome video... McQuaid is a bad dude. Every time I see his name I think of that Chuck Norris movie Lone Wolf McQuaid... haha

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 03:45 PM
You know the baseball stadium they have it in is stupid some of those seat are miles away and too low an oval stadium would be a much better choice

Turd_Ferguson
01-02-2012, 03:46 PM
You know the baseball stadium they have it in is stupid some of those seat are miles away and too low an oval stadium would be a much better choice

Yea i thought the same thing when it was in Wrigley

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
well that was a fun ending but the rags prevail.

Punisher
01-02-2012, 04:05 PM
**** You bobrovsky

SoCalBronco
01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
Rags win, congrats Finkle. :)

Ray Finkle
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
Hank owns you....

24champ
01-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Good finish to that game, I am no Cryer fan, but was pleased to see Schenn notch his 1st goal.

gyldenlove
01-02-2012, 05:40 PM
They should put it in the big house some day, Detroit - Toronto.

BroncosSR
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Say what you want but the Rangers don't have the skill to keep this up for 82 games.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2012, 06:43 PM
Say what you want but the Rangers don't have the skill to keep this up for 82 games.

You don't watch many of their games then.....they've been doing it so far without two of their top defenders.....Staal just came back.

BroncosSR
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
You don't watch many of their games then.....they've been doing it so far without two of their top defenders.....Staal just came back.

Let's check back in around a month.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Let's check back in around a month.

of course, they'll be the ones ahead of the Flyers....

Bronx33
01-02-2012, 07:43 PM
Tortorella is pissed (http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/tortorella-calls-winter-classic-reffing-disgusting/)

When asked about the officiating in the third period of the Rangers’ 3-2 victory over the Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, coach John Tortorella called it “disgusting.”

In the last five minutes, New York was penalized three times – for delay of game, holding the stick, and covering the puck in the crease, the latter of which led to a Philadelphia penalty shot with 20 seconds left.

Apparently Tortorella smelled something fishy about the Flyers being down a goal, playing outdoors in a packed baseball stadium, millions watching on TV, and – hey, wouldn’t you know it – the home team keeps getting all the calls.

Ray Finkle
01-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Tortorella is pissed (http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/02/tortorella-calls-winter-classic-reffing-disgusting/)

When asked about the officiating in the third period of the Rangers’ 3-2 victory over the Flyers at Citizens Bank Park, coach John Tortorella called it “disgusting.”

In the last five minutes, New York was penalized three times – for delay of game, holding the stick, and covering the puck in the crease, the latter of which led to a Philadelphia penalty shot with 20 seconds left.

Apparently Tortorella smelled something fishy about the Flyers being down a goal, playing outdoors in a packed baseball stadium, millions watching on TV, and – hey, wouldn’t you know it – the home team keeps getting all the calls.

The penalty shot was complete crap, there was no evidence of McD (funny, I still cringe writing that) closing his hand on the puck.

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:07 PM
<iframe src='http://video.thescore.com/embed/fight-at-canadiens-practice' width='650' height='416' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Dan Carcillo of the hawks suspended indefinitely for his hit on gilbert of the oilers.

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM
The penalty shot was complete crap, there was no evidence of McD (funny, I still cringe writing that) closing his hand on the puck.

I didn't see it it either.

Turd_Ferguson
01-03-2012, 09:17 PM
<iframe src='http://video.thescore.com/embed/fight-at-canadiens-practice' width='650' height='416' frameborder='0' scrolling='no'></iframe>

Montreal typical

Turd_Ferguson
01-03-2012, 09:27 PM
This Canadian Russian Junior game is unreal!

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:30 PM
This Canadian Russian Junior game is unreal!

That it is and canada may lose

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
And they do 5-6

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Habs fans are a fickle bunch the GM does the smart thing after canning the head coach and put in a interim coach cunneyworth who is already with the team and can slide in but the french canadians gt pissed cause he doesn't speak french, and raise a stink about it (http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/18/quebec-based-nationalist-group-blasts-montreals-decision-to-hire-cunneyworth/)

“The Canadiens should be a source of national pride for all Quebeckers,” Sirois said. “Not an agent of anglicisation.”

found this funny tidbit in the comments

I’m glad I don’t live in Quebec, their quest to “promote and preserve the French language” is taken to ridiculous levels, in Quebec KFC is called PFK because that it’s translation and the company was forced to make the change, what do you think it’s called in France?….KFC of course!

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 10:40 PM
So its sweden vs russia for the gold

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Herc you must be absolutely pumped about Evgeny Kuznetsov.

Hercules Rockefeller
01-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Herc you must be absolutely pumped about Evgeny Kuznetsov.

I will be when he signs an NHL contract

Bronx33
01-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I find it odd there wasnt one penalty (http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php/ci_id/75138/la_id/1/game_id/170939/season_id/170838/ss_id/56000/) on the Canadians in the 3rd period

Cmac821
01-04-2012, 12:38 AM
I love the Winter Classic. I hope its in Denver or Minnesota someday.

Just saw a poll on nhl.com that asked "Where would you like the 2013 NHL Winter Classic to be played?" and Denver was winning by 1% over Toronto. Would be pretty sweet if the NHL listen to the fans and put it in Denver

Ray Finkle
01-04-2012, 05:59 AM
The winter classic was a good idea but I was turned off by it this year. It should have been called the Philadelphia Pride Classic....

BroncosSR
01-04-2012, 06:40 AM
The winter classic was a good idea but I was turned off by it this year. It should have been called the Philadelphia Pride Classic....

Sing me another swan song...

Ray Finkle
01-04-2012, 06:46 AM
Sing me another swan song...

Get a franchise goalie and actually play to your potential and call me...The Flyers and like the Eagles, all the press/fan fare and some other team always walks away with the trophy...

BroncosSR
01-04-2012, 07:36 AM
Get a franchise goalie and actually play to your potential and call me...The Flyers and like the Eagles, all the press/fan fare and some other team always walks away with the trophy...

Ouch. You really know how to cut deep.

Ray Finkle
01-04-2012, 07:46 AM
Ouch. You really know how to cut deep.

1975!

Smiling Assassin27
01-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Color me impressed by all the Wings prospects at the WJC. They have 5 there and they all look very promising. Teemu Pulkkinen's looking like Brett Hull reincarnate. Mrazek nearly stole a win v the Russians. The guy to watch, IMO, is Backman from Sweden. Dude is a silky smooth D-man.

gyldenlove
01-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Color me impressed by all the Wings prospects at the WJC. They have 5 there and they all look very promising. Teemu Pulkkinen's looking like Brett Hull reincarnate. Mrazek nearly stole a win v the Russians. The guy to watch, IMO, is Backman from Sweden. Dude is a silky smooth D-man.

Did you see Pulkkinen yesterday? he absolutely leveled Max Friberg twice and Klefbom once, damn near Kronwallesque hits - I loved his energy out there.

Jurco is by some margin the best prospect we have right now, he is at 1.5 point per game for St John's in the junior league and has really picked up his effort which was always the knock on him - he has size, speed, power and super sweet hands, he will get 2 more years to develope and will be moved up, he will end up on the 1st line.

Smiling Assassin27
01-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Did you see Pulkkinen yesterday? he absolutely leveled Max Friberg twice and Klefbom once, damn near Kronwallesque hits - I loved his energy out there.

Jurco is by some margin the best prospect we have right now, he is at 1.5 point per game for St John's in the junior league and has really picked up his effort which was always the knock on him - he has size, speed, power and super sweet hands, he will get 2 more years to develope and will be moved up, he will end up on the 1st line.

I can't wait til Marchenko is healthy. I think he's bound for greatness if/when he does. What happened to Jarnkrok, he's fallen off the map?

gyldenlove
01-04-2012, 09:53 AM
I can't wait til Marchenko is healthy. I think he's bound for greatness if/when he does. What happened to Jarnkrok, he's fallen off the map?

If we don't see him in GR next season I would count him out, but my gut feeling is that he has peaked and won't come over.

I am really big on Ryan Sproul, he is only in his 2nd year in major junior and he has nearly matched his rookie points at the halfway mark and has already matched his PIM, he is a big strong kid with a canon from the blue line, with the right coaching he could become a poor mans Shea Weber og Zdeno Chara.

Bronx33
01-05-2012, 06:44 PM
God i hate this kinda stuff just pathetic what some people will do.

NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia police department has released surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

The graphic video (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans) shows three suspects wearing Philadelphia Flyers jerseys beating and kicking the two victims outside Geno's Steaks in South Philly at 7:15 p.m. ET.

BroncosSR
01-05-2012, 07:23 PM

NEW YORK -- The Philadelphia police department has released surveillance video of a brutal attack following Monday's Winter Classic game in an effort to identify the three suspects involved in the beating of two men wearing New York Rangers jerseys outside a South Philadelphia cheesesteak shack.

The graphic video (http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_/id/7426297/video-shows-philadelphia-flyers-fans-attacking-new-york-rangers-fans) shows three suspects wearing Philadelphia Flyers jerseys beating and kicking the two victims outside Geno's Steaks in South Philly at 7:15 p.m. ET.

Philly PD is going after this guy hard. The guy he hit was a NJ Police officer. The dumb@ss admitted it on Facebook.

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2012/1/4/2682669/flyers-rangers-fan-fight-genos-steaks-winter-classic

Turd_Ferguson
01-05-2012, 07:25 PM

Its the only thing I don't like about going to games (pretty much any pro sport)... Don't get me wrong if you wear the visiting teams jersey to a game you should totally expect to be given a lot of guff and or heckled, but why can't it be just that? Light hearted fun. Why does it have to become drunken slurs and profanity, that ends in a brawl. I don't have kids but I don't know if I would take them if did which is sad.

maher_tyler
01-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Its the only thing I don't like about going to games (pretty much any pro sport)... Don't get me wrong if you wear the visiting teams jersey to a game you should totally expect to be given a lot of guff and or heckled, but why can't it be just that? Light hearted fun. Why does it have to become drunken slurs and profanity, that ends in a brawl. I don't have kids but I don't know if I would take them if did which is sad.

I just laugh it off..i never take that stuff that serious!

Turd_Ferguson
01-05-2012, 08:00 PM
I just laugh it off..i never take that stuff that serious!

Yea I don't get involved in it, but at the preseason game against Buffalo this year some drunk guy fell over a row of seats, landed right next to me, then stood up and punted a full cup of pop into the crowd....it garnered a pretty interesting response from the angry 50 year old guy that looked like a former Mr. Universe contestant...

BroncosSR
01-05-2012, 09:47 PM

24/7 clearly shows that the penalty shot was warranted.

Rule 63.5: No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease

Ray Finkle
01-06-2012, 06:45 AM
24/7 clearly shows that the penalty shot was warranted.

Rule 63.5: No defending player, except the goalkeeper, will be permitted to fall on the puck, hold the puck, pick up the puck, or gather the puck into the body or hands when the puck is within the goal crease

You do realize that could be called about 3 times a game, right? How about the hook/spear on Gaborik or the holding the stick call on Calley when he was free and heading for an empty net? Those both we be awarded a PS based on the rules.

BroncosSR
01-06-2012, 07:18 AM
You do realize that could be called about 3 times a game, right? How about the hook/spear on Gaborik or the holding the stick call on Calley when he was free and heading for an empty net? Those both we be awarded a PS based on the rules.

You tried to make a statement. I refuted that statement. Now you go off and try and made other statements.

See a pattern here?

Ray Finkle
01-06-2012, 07:44 AM
You tried to make a statement. I refuted that statement. Now you go off and try and made other statements.

See a pattern here?

You do realize that could be called about 3 times a game, right?

read the bold part. That is a mickey mouse horse **** call

Gort
01-06-2012, 08:09 AM
did you see these pics? awesome.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/beautiful-photos-from-the-nhl-winter-classic

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/web04/2012/1/2/19/enhanced-buzz-wide-32309-1325549829-38.jpg

Ray Finkle
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Rags win, congrats Finkle. :)

Hank owns you too...

SoCalBronco
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Staal and Neal with long-term injuries.

This **** never ends.

broncocalijohn
01-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Just in to say that Ducks have won 2 games in a row. Stars come to town so it might end there. Getzlaf shows up since beg of December for 2 goals in 2 games. Wowzy!
7-4 over Blue Jackets, Perry gets the hat trick but our crappy goaltending is out and we started a dude that never played one game in the NHL.

Ray Finkle
01-09-2012, 05:56 AM
Staal and Neal with long-term injuries.

This **** never ends.

Hank owns you....

broncocalijohn
01-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, a Ducks Effect:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/blue-jackets-pull-plug-coach-scott-arniel-15321250

Bronx33
01-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, a Ducks Effect:
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/blue-jackets-pull-plug-coach-scott-arniel-15321250

lol

chadta
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM

come on dood, lets not pretend that philly is the only place crap like this happens

http://www.thepensblog.com/tpb/jan2012/fan-at-consol-becoming-unglued.html

Bronx33
01-09-2012, 07:31 PM
come on dood, lets not pretend that philly is the only place crap like this happens

http://www.thepensblog.com/tpb/jan2012/fan-at-consol-becoming-unglued.html

i didn't single out philly.

24champ
01-09-2012, 11:30 PM
Jack Johnson Tebowing after scoring a goal in the Kings 5-2 victory over the Caps!

<object width="640" height="383" id="embed" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="flashVars" value="catid=0&id=148501&server=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/" /><embed name="embed" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://nhl.cdn.neulion.net/u/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="383" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" flashVars="catid=0&id=148501&server=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"></embed></object>

24champ
01-10-2012, 12:25 AM
There’s no NFL in Los Angeles, but Jack Johnson brought “Tebowing” to Staples Center tonight. After his second-period goal against Washington, Johnson mimicked the post-touchdown celebration of Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow.

“Hey, you have some fun while you’re scoring,’’ Johnson said. “It’s fun to score, so you might as well have some fun. I was watching the Broncos game with some buddies who flew in from Michigan. They said, `If you score, you’ve got to Tebow.’ I said, `OK, you’re on.’’’

And had he heard anything about the celebration from old-school coach Darryl Sutter?

“No, I haven’t heard anything,’’ Johnson said.

Sutter didn’t seem to mind.

“If we could all play like Tebow in a big game, we wouldn’t have lost a game yet,” Sutter said.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/01/09/jj-tebow/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

SoCalBronco
01-10-2012, 12:26 AM
JMFJ!

chadta
01-10-2012, 05:13 AM
i didn't single out philly.

you should have, it seems to happen there more then anywhere Hilarious!

Broncos_OTM
01-10-2012, 06:59 AM
I get to go to the avs game tonight and the panther game on the 18th i am stoked! super stoked

Broncos_OTM
01-10-2012, 07:00 AM
right or wrong ... if some guy pushed me he'd get punched in the face. cop or not.. The cop should have known better then to get into a physical altercation with them ... the cop is at fault here and paid for it with a trip to the hospital.

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Just in to say that Ducks have won 2 games in a row. Stars come to town so it might end there. Getzlaf shows up since beg of December for 2 goals in 2 games. Wowzy!
7-4 over Blue Jackets, Perry gets the hat trick but our crappy goaltending is out and we started a dude that never played one game in the NHL.

I've been hearing rumblings on the light rail that Ken Holland is in talks with the Ducks to acquire Getzlaf.

broncocalijohn
01-10-2012, 10:09 AM
I've been hearing rumblings on the light rail that Ken Holland is in talks with the Ducks to acquire Getzlaf.

He must see something more than what every other person has seen. Whole team is a disappointment but you expect more from your captain.

BTW, Kings had nice win last night vs the Capitals.

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2012, 10:11 AM
He must see something more than what every other person has seen. Whole team is a disappointment but you expect more from your captain.

BTW, Kings had nice win last night vs the Capitals.

Yeah, he seems pretty uninterested right now but he's a beast when he's right. I'm sure Detroit would have to give up some pretty nice pieces in return if that deal went down.

Smiling Assassin27
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Things an NHL player should do when his weight and conditioning are constant points of contention and ridicule: Hit the exercise bike, hire a personal trainer, impose some dietary restrictions.

Things an NHL player shouldn't do when his weight and conditioning are constant points of contention and ridicule: Suffer an injury while eating a stack of "delicious pancakes."

Oh, Dustin Penner. From Rich Hammond of LA Kings Insider comes the story of the Los Angeles Kings forward who missed a game and is questionable for Monday night's tilt with the Washington Capitals because of Aunt Jemima's Revenge:

"I woke up fine, sat down to eat and it locked right up. It never happened to me before. I couldn't stand up. I was probably at the third stage of evolution. So my wife helped me get dressed, and then I drove to the rink here, to hope they could do some magic and get it opened up. Kinger [trainer Chris Kingsley] just looked at me and said, 'Go home.' So I got some treatment and went home.

"Apparently it's one of those mysterious things, where you can throw it out (from) sneezing. I just leaned over to dip into some delicious pancakes that my wife made. It's just like it [the pain] wraps around you and squeezes. … So it was disappointing. Hopefully it's just an isolated incident, and not something that's going to become chronic."

Or else he'll have to switch to waffles …

Classic.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/kings-dustin-penner-injures-himself-while-eating-stack-155530523.html

BroncosSR
01-13-2012, 07:58 AM
A 32-year-old man has been arrested and charged in the beating of two New York Rangers fans outside Geno's Steaks after the Winter Classic hockey game on Jan. 2.
Dennis Veteri, of Glassboro, was released early today after posting 10 percent of $50,000 bail, according to court records.
He is charged with 2 counts each of aggravated assault, conspiracy aggravated assault, simple assault and reckless endangerment, the records show.
Police are looking for other alleged assailants in the beating, which was caught on video and posted online.
Two Rangers fans who were wearing team jerseys were injured in the attack outside the South Philadelphia landmark eatery.
The assault resulted in the hospitalization of Neal Auricchio, an off-duty Woodbridge, N.J., police officer and Iraq war veteran who suffered a concussion and required numerous stitches.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20120113_Arrest_in_Genos_Steaks_assault.html

Ray Finkle
01-13-2012, 08:48 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/breaking/20120113_Arrest_in_Genos_Steaks_assault.html

I never know why people go to Geno's or Pat's....Jim's Steaks is where it is at.

BroncosSR
01-13-2012, 09:58 AM
I never know why people go to Geno's or Pat's....Jim's Steaks is where it is at.

No doubt. That's why I thought everybody involved here wasn't from the area. Otherwise I'm not sure why anybody from the area would go to Pat's/Geno's.

gyldenlove
01-13-2012, 10:06 AM
No doubt. That's why I thought everybody involved here wasn't from the area. Otherwise I'm not sure why anybody from the area would go to Pat's/Geno's.

Tourists tend to go to Geno's because they pay a lot to get prime spots in most of the tourist guides.

gyldenlove
01-13-2012, 10:09 AM
They should put it in the big house some day, Detroit - Toronto.

Holy hell, I was right, they are going to have Detroit and Toronto at the big house!

24champ
01-18-2012, 01:51 PM
2013 Winter Classic will be a great one.

Detroit Red Wings vs Toronto Maple Leafs at the Big House.

Ray Finkle
01-18-2012, 01:57 PM

Jim's is the only place I went/go to when I'm in Philly....less flash, better food. We hit that on the way back from Mako's and on our way to Fat Tuesday's all the time.

Smiling Assassin27
01-19-2012, 09:53 AM
Good read on Gordie Howe. Very sad, but good. Sounds like he's winding down.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/2012/01/18/sportsnet_magazine_gordie_howe/

SoCalBronco
01-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Geno with the game winner in OT vs. Washington.

He's have a really terrific year, back to his old MVP form from 2009.

broncocalijohn
01-22-2012, 01:44 PM
So Ducks beat the Senators yesterday for their 7th win in 8 contest. All 8 have had points (15 out of 16 points). They were so far behind in the standings and still have a ways to go but anyone think it is too late for a playoff run?

24champ
01-22-2012, 01:48 PM
Geno with the game winner in OT vs. Washington.

He's have a really terrific year, back to his old MVP form from 2009.

Heard Crosby is/was out here in Southern California to see a spine specialist.

SoCalBronco
01-22-2012, 01:54 PM
Heard Crosby is/was out here in Southern California to see a spine specialist.

Yep, I saw that as well.

If this team was ever totally healthy for an extended period, I have no doubt we'd win the Cup again, but that's prolly not going to happen anytime soon. Thank God we got that one that we did before all this crap happened.

chadta
01-22-2012, 05:31 PM
Yep, I saw that as well.

If this team was ever totally healthy for an extended period, I have no doubt we'd win the Cup again, but that's prolly not going to happen anytime soon. Thank God we got that one that we did before all this crap happened.

dont thank god, thank the nhl front office and the refs

id still like to see somebody grab malkin and send a message to him, i have no doubt tho that with the shoe being on the other foot that player would be suspended for the year

BroncosSR
01-22-2012, 06:04 PM
Yep, I saw that as well.

Well, they could try and get 4 straight #1/#2 picks again. That might help as well. Or play with 6 men on the ice. All things they've done before.

gyldenlove
01-22-2012, 06:19 PM
So Ducks beat the Senators yesterday for their 7th win in 8 contest. All 8 have had points (15 out of 16 points). They were so far behind in the standings and still have a ways to go but anyone think it is too late for a playoff run?

Too late, the Central will take 4 playoff spots in the West and even with that current hotstreak the Ducks are 10 points out of contention. I would imagine the Ducks evaluate their season at the trade deadline and while I doubt they will go for a full rebuild by unloading Getzlaf or Ryan, I imagine Visnovsky and Koivu if he agrees to it would both be heading out of town.

broncocalijohn
01-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Too late, the Central will take 4 playoff spots in the West and even with that current hotstreak the Ducks are 10 points out of contention. I would imagine the Ducks evaluate their season at the trade deadline and while I doubt they will go for a full rebuild by unloading Getzlaf or Ryan, I imagine Visnovsky and Koivu if he agrees to it would both be heading out of town.

I canot see Labo leaving the Ducks or even Ryan with his youth. They just reuped beuchemin for 3 more seasons and Visnovsky is much more important defenseman.

gyldenlove
01-22-2012, 07:33 PM
I canot see Labo leaving the Ducks or even Ryan with his youth. They just reuped beuchemin for 3 more seasons and Visnovsky is much more important defenseman.

What do you do if Ottawa comes dangling a high pick and Robin Lehner? You have no top goalie prospects in the pipe line and Hiller is another crippling attack of vertigo away from costing you another playoff spot.

alkemical
01-23-2012, 06:42 AM
Well, they could try and get 4 straight #1/#2 picks again. That might help as well. Or play with 6 men on the ice. All things they've done before.

You do understand that if the Pens didn't sell of their talent for the likes of Kris Beech & $10mil - they probably would have folded, right?

Beantown Bronco
01-23-2012, 07:31 AM
You guys are all just playing for second place, anyway. :)

alkemical
01-23-2012, 07:42 AM
Injuries suck - It sucks that Crosby's long term health could be impacted. It's part of the deal though - but who would have thought.... He always reminded me of a Forsberg type of player though - I guess sometimes - it's just how it shakes out.

I really enjoyed watching Crosby play. I understand the over-hype makes people "not like him". For myself - I just liked how super skilled he was, how hard of a worker he was - and he played for keeps - all the time.

He's not even in his "prime" so to speak - so for me - the chance to see what he could do in his late 20's - early 30's is what i was hoping to see. I wanted to see how crafty he could be.

gyldenlove
01-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Injuries suck - It sucks that Crosby's long term health could be impacted. It's part of the deal though - but who would have thought.... He always reminded me of a Forsberg type of player though - I guess sometimes - it's just how it shakes out.

I really enjoyed watching Crosby play. I understand the over-hype makes people "not like him". For myself - I just liked how super skilled he was, how hard of a worker he was - and he played for keeps - all the time.

He's not even in his "prime" so to speak - so for me - the chance to see what he could do in his late 20's - early 30's is what i was hoping to see. I wanted to see how crafty he could be.

Crosby is such a dynamic player on the ice, he is so fast and strong on his skates and has amazing puck handling and vision, he did lack a bit in terms of two-way play, but I think it is something he could easily have developed.

I never liked the way he embellished on the ice, he did have an unfortunate tendency to go down very easy along the boards and somehow he got away with a lot of slashes to the shins and feet of opponents, which I think is what really kept up the consistent talk about there being different refereeing standards.

alkemical
01-23-2012, 08:06 AM
Crosby is such a dynamic player on the ice, he is so fast and strong on his skates and has amazing puck handling and vision, he did lack a bit in terms of two-way play, but I think it is something he could easily have developed.

I never liked the way he embellished on the ice, he did have an unfortunate tendency to go down very easy along the boards and somehow he got away with a lot of slashes to the shins and feet of opponents, which I think is what really kept up the consistent talk about there being different refereeing standards.

Of course there is different ref'ing standards. I won't deny that - nor will any superstar. Like I said - He reminded me of Forsberg sometimes. :)

It's funny how "big of a deal" it is, when it's not someone on your team. :)s

I actually think his two way play was getting there - he even blocked shots! :)

It just seemed that whenever he decided to work on a deficiency - he was able to work and improve. (faceoffs for example, he started getting much better at).

gyldenlove
01-23-2012, 08:31 AM
Of course there is different ref'ing standards. I won't deny that - nor will any superstar. Like I said - He reminded me of Forsberg sometimes. :)

It's funny how "big of a deal" it is, when it's not someone on your team. :)s

I actually think his two way play was getting there - he even blocked shots! :)

It just seemed that whenever he decided to work on a deficiency - he was able to work and improve. (faceoffs for example, he started getting much better at).

Both his face offs and his shooting really came along after he worked on it, so I am sure his back checking and defensive play would have come along as well - if Yzerman and Fedorov could win Selke trophies Crosby could get there as well.

alkemical
01-23-2012, 08:57 AM
agreed.

That, for me is the disappointment. I wanted to see what happened when he put it all together.

Ray Finkle
01-23-2012, 09:22 AM
Both his face offs and his shooting really came along after he worked on it, so I am sure his back checking and defensive play would have come along as well - if Yzerman and Fedorov could win Selke trophies Crosby could get there as well.

I was most impressed with his ability to face the last few years. I don't know if Crosby would/will a Selke but I wouldn't say he never would (like you can say with Ovie).

chadta
01-23-2012, 05:03 PM
You do understand that if the Pens didn't sell of their talent for the likes of Kris Beech & $10mil - they probably would have folded, right?

what a travesty that would have been for the 8000 people that were going to each game, but hey, once they win they have tones of fans. They should have been folded the first time they were bankrupt, or maybe the second, hopefully third time will be a charm.

alkemical
01-24-2012, 07:07 AM
what a travesty that would have been for the 8000 people that were going to each game, but hey, once they win they have tones of fans. They should have been folded the first time they were bankrupt, or maybe the second, hopefully third time will be a charm.

You do understand that the business side of things weren't very solid. They had a bad lease agreement with Mellon - as well as problems with the front office.

So now they have good management, and are a stable franchise.

Get over it.

24champ
01-24-2012, 01:01 PM
Hey NHL, I am skipping the All-Star game since you suspended me!

http://highheelsandhockeysticks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ovi-finger.gif

Ray Finkle
01-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Hey NHL, I am skipping the All-Star game since you suspended me!

http://highheelsandhockeysticks.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ovi-finger.gif

he's a horses ass....I've met both him and Mike Green on several occasions and Ovie is an ass. Green is awesome, will talk shop and bought the round last time....

gyldenlove
01-24-2012, 01:13 PM
I was most impressed with his ability to face the last few years. I don't know if Crosby would/will a Selke but I wouldn't say he never would (like you can say with Ovie).

It is not guarantee, but if he models his game correctly, gets his plus minus up to around +40, scores about 80 points in a nearly full season he could get there - the Selke is not always about actual defense, scoring a lot of points and trying to play defense is often enough.

gyldenlove
01-24-2012, 01:14 PM
he's a horses ass....I've met both him and Mike Green on several occasions and Ovie is an ass. Green is awesome, will talk shop and bought the round last time....

He sadly lost sight of what matters (hockey) and got too busy with what doesn't (being a celebrity).

Ray Finkle
01-24-2012, 01:31 PM
He sadly lost sight of what matters (hockey) and got too busy with what doesn't (being a celebrity).

true....if any of you live in NOVA, he's always in Claredon....

Don't take me wrong, Ovie is approachable and will say hello but that's about it. Green will actually shoot the **** with you....I hate the Caps but he's a class act.

Beantown Bronco
01-24-2012, 02:45 PM
It is not guarantee, but if he models his game correctly, gets his plus minus up to around +40, scores about 80 points in a nearly full season he could get there - the Selke is not always about actual defense, scoring a lot of points and trying to play defense is often enough.

If Patrice Bergeron isn't at least in the running for this damn thing this year, I'm gonna go ape.

gyldenlove
01-24-2012, 04:27 PM
If Patrice Bergeron isn't at least in the running for this damn thing this year, I'm gonna go ape.

He will be, the finalists will be Bergeron, Datsyuk and maybe Toews.

alkemical
01-24-2012, 07:22 PM
malkin's lookin for mvp.

fluery wont win an award, but he's having a nice year.

gyldenlove
01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
malkin's lookin for mvp.

fluery wont win an award, but he's having a nice year.

If the Pens make the playoffs respectably Malkin will take MVP unless the wheels come off.

Vezina will come down to Jimmy Howard, Jonathan Quick, Hank Lundqvist and Tim Thomas - if Howard takes the win record from Brodeur I imagine he will get Vezina if his numbers stay good.

The Norris will be between Weber, Lidstrom and Chara - Weber has the most points but the worst plus/minus and the best partner, if nothing changes from now it will be Chara's to lose I think (my gut feeling is that some people will be very reticent about giving Lidstrom an 8th Norris to tie him with Orr).

maher_tyler
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Avs D looking like **** for the second game in a row..smh!!

gyldenlove
01-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Avs D looking like **** for the second game in a row..smh!!

Are you going to kill me if I suggest you should unload Hejduk at the deadline? I would say Vancouver or Rangers.

broncswin
01-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Are you going to kill me if I suggest you should unload Hejduk at the deadline? I would say Vancouver or Rangers.

agree...Rangers, that kills me to say that

Ray Finkle
01-24-2012, 08:54 PM
agree...Rangers, that kills me to say that

The Rangers would either go with Prospal or try for Doan.

maher_tyler
01-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Not going to happen..I doubt he plays anywhere else. I see him finishing his career in Colorado. If they sent him to Vancouver i'd be livid!!

maher_tyler
01-24-2012, 09:11 PM
****ING CHRIST!!!

Idiots for defensemen!!

alkemical
01-25-2012, 06:57 AM

Doan should come to Pitt instead.

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Doan should come to Pitt instead.

who are they going to trade? The Rangers have plenty more chips...

alkemical
01-25-2012, 07:19 AM
who are they going to trade? The Rangers have plenty more chips...

the 30k defensemen shero drafts.

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 07:22 AM
the 30k defensemen shero drafts.

Erixon, Kreider, Thomas, etc.....I doubt they move Erixon or Krieder but wouldn't be surprised to see them move Thomas and Anismov in deal....

gyldenlove
01-25-2012, 09:06 AM

Hejduk is better defensively than Prospal and better offensively than Doan, Hejduk also has much more playoff experience and has performed better than Doan and Prospal in the playoffs consistently.

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 09:16 AM
Hejduk is better defensively than Prospal and better offensively than Doan, Hejduk also has much more playoff experience and has performed better than Doan and Prospal in the playoffs consistently.

I'll give that he is better than VP but no way is he better than Doan. If Doan was ever on a team that wasn't in the butt crack of the Canada or US, he'd be a star.

Prospal will be the cheapest, Torts loves him. Doan would be the best fit but also cost the most. Hejduk's not a Torts player.

alkemical
01-25-2012, 10:22 AM
I'll give that he is better than VP but no way is he better than Doan. If Doan was ever on a team that wasn't in the butt crack of the Canada or US, he'd be a star.

Prospal will be the cheapest, Torts loves him. Doan would be the best fit but also cost the most. Hejduk's not a Torts player.

What, you mean like in Phoenix, AZ? (Doan) :D

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 10:47 AM
What, you mean like in Phoenix, AZ? (Doan) :D

sorry but AZ is the hockey world equivalent of a anal skin tag.....no team should ever have been put there.

gyldenlove
01-25-2012, 11:33 AM

Doan is nothing but a cheap shot artist whos best days are behind him - he could have been a star but now he is a defensive liability who plays more minutes than his skillset warrants (much like John Tavares but without the production).

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Doan is nothing but a cheap shot artist whos best days are behind him - he could have been a star but now he is a defensive liability who plays more minutes than his skillset warrants (much like John Tavares but without the production).

I like the JT comparison but still think he could help a team down the stretch.

gyldenlove
01-25-2012, 11:49 AM
I like the JT comparison but still think he could help a team down the stretch.

He could definitely help a team needing depth at wing, but I think Hejduk is the better option, especially in the playoffs. If I had to get a player from the Phoenix I would prefer Langkow over Doan.

Ray Finkle
01-25-2012, 12:33 PM
He could definitely help a team needing depth at wing, but I think Hejduk is the better option, especially in the playoffs. If I had to get a player from the Phoenix I would prefer Langkow over Doan.

In the East? I'd rather take Doan and with Maloney being the GM, he knows the Rangers system well. That being said, if Kreider, Thomas, or Erixon are traded for him, I'd be pissed. I'd rather flip a few picks.

Gort
01-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Jedis shouldn't be allowed in the NHL.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/star-wars-hockey-goal.gif

bronco militia
01-27-2012, 07:50 AM
http://images.wildammo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/violent-recently.gif

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Radulov..wow, just wow:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vn31F-ln1uo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Beantown Bronco
02-02-2012, 02:53 PM
The coach is one tough bastage. He barely even flinches.

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2012, 03:01 PM
The coach is one tough bastage. He barely even flinches.

The real life Ivan Drago. :strong:

24champ
02-02-2012, 03:23 PM
.4 seconds beeyatches!

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/ca/fullj.1d821b14131ac9e4330257e8c7434484/ap-201202020033019963932.1328194687.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2012, 03:39 PM
.4 seconds beeyatches!

http://l.yimg.com/j/assets/p/sp/ap/ca/fullj.1d821b14131ac9e4330257e8c7434484/ap-201202020033019963932.1328194687.jpg

*cough* fix *cough*

24champ
02-02-2012, 03:44 PM
*cough* fix *cough*

"Those clocks are sophisticated instruments that calculate time by measuring electrical charges called coulombs, explained Kings general manager Dean Lombardi in an email to TSN. "Given the rapidity and volume of electrons that move through the measuring device the calibrator must adjust at certain points which was the delay you see – the delay is just recalibrating for the clock moving too quickly during the 10 - 10ths of a second before the delay - this insures that the actual playing time during a period is exactly 20 minutes. That is not an opinion - that is science - amazing devise quite frankly."

http://everyroadtaken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Its-Science.jpg

chadta
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
.4 seconds beeyatches!

congratulations on solidifying your hold on 7th place LOL

just think if you scored at that pace, and there was 3 more seconds left you would have as many goals as the high flying columbus blue jackets.

BTW

Simmonds 13 14 27

Richards 14 12 26

Smiling Assassin27
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
http://everyroadtaken.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Its-Science.jpg

:~ohyah!:

I read that and just cracked up, man.

24champ
02-02-2012, 04:02 PM
congratulations on solidifying your hold on 7th place

Which is good considering how jam packed the WC is compared to the relatively weak EC. We're only 2 points out of the lead for the Pacific.

BTW

Simmonds 13 14 27

Richards 14 12 26

Simmonds has played more games in Richie.

chadta
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Which is good considering how jam packed the WC is compared to the relatively weak EC. We're only 2 points out of the lead for the Pacific.

you have 3 teams at the bottom worse then the bottom team in the east, so it all evens out.

Simmonds has played more games in Richie.

14 14 28 now :)

Schenn is finally starting to play too he might have more points then richie too, but "hes played less games" :~ohyah!:

maher_tyler
02-03-2012, 02:29 AM

I've been to a bunch of Coyotes games since i moved down here and have never seen Doan cheap shot anyone. He's actually about as classy as i've seen. Hilarious! at wanting Langkow over Doan. And not sure why anyone thinks the Avs are going to up and suddenly trade Hejduk, the team Captain and career long Avs guy. He's already won a cup here, why would he want to leave?? He doesn't, i'd be shocked if he were ever traded.

chadta
02-03-2012, 04:21 AM
15 14 29

gyldenlove
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
I've been to a bunch of Coyotes games since i moved down here and have never seen Doan cheap shot anyone. He's actually about as classy as i've seen. Hilarious! at wanting Langkow over Doan. And not sure why anyone thinks the Avs are going to up and suddenly trade Hejduk, the team Captain and career long Avs guy. He's already won a cup here, why would he want to leave?? He doesn't, i'd be shocked if he were ever traded.

The same reason Edmonton traded Ryan Smyth - the Avs are not going anywhere right now, if they can get some picks for Hejduk and then sign him in free agency why wouldn't they give him a shot at playoffs?

You have never seen Doan cheap shot anyone? Doan hits people behind the play more than anyone I can think of in the league, I am not sure if it is because he is slow or misanthropic but you will see a defender make a stretch pass out of the zone, then take 3 or 4 strides and then Doan will blindside him.

gyldenlove
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Did anyone see Sam Gagner's 8 point game? 4 goals+4 assists.