PDA

View Full Version : My analogy

vonqkilla
10-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Tim Tebow by all accounts is rough, from dropbacks, to taking snaps, reads, throws, and almost everything in between. I would call him a diamond in the rough based on what he did in the regular season, and preseason. I see a ton of potential there.

Now a diamond in the rough needs polishing, the edges sharpened, and work, but the finished product is worth it in the end. It takes alot of time and work. Left alone, its never going to get better.

If you want you can skip the work, and get a ready to go cubic zirconium. Its shiny, it passes the eye test, and works, I guess, but you dont get engaged with that.

Its fake. It will fool many people, but when you get down to it, its glass. You hit it hard, it cracks. Under pressure, it breaks.

Diamonds dont break, they withstand the pressure, even when times are dark(last year), diamonds shine. If your willing to put in the work, a diamond will withstand the tests of time and be something your always proud of.

Orton is a fakeass cubic zirconium that fools you into thinking its fine, but when its go time at the dance it fails. And you look like a joke, and a LOSER.

Maybe if we put our diamond in the rough under whatever a jeweler uses Tebow shatters and is worthless, or maybe we get the diamond we need. Whatever the case, continuing with our fakeass garbage time inflated stat joke of a qb only makes us LOSERS.

OABB
10-05-2011, 07:17 PM
omane poetry night.

i like it.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
Great analogy! I like how you developed the analogy too and applied it to the situation.

I have always called Orton the ultimate fool's gold and Tebow a diamond in the rough. lol

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 07:25 PM
http://www.weakstream.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/wtf.gif

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Wtf did I just read?

Requiem
10-05-2011, 08:25 PM
http://southparkstudios.mtvnimages.com/avatar/forum_expression/1/475134.png?width=160

TheReverend
10-05-2011, 08:26 PM
I actually thought that was great

Popps
10-05-2011, 08:38 PM
Deep stuff.

I mean, even MacGruder thought so.

Garcia Bronco
10-05-2011, 08:45 PM
Orton is:

A broken mirror
A black cat in your path
Walking under a ladder
Stepping on a crack

He's Friday the 13th

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 08:50 PM
Orton is:

A broken mirror
A black cat in your path
Walking under a ladder
Stepping on a crack

He's Friday the 13th

He's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain on your wedding day!

Wait... wrong analogy.

schaaf
10-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Deep stuff.

I mean, even MacGruder thought so.

There's his death wish right there

TheDave
10-05-2011, 09:16 PM
The way people romanticize this kid... Wow

Once he gets on the field, I'm going to be VERY curious to see how people react when he struggles (all qb's do). Does this emotional investment cause people to make excuses for his play or does it create a backlash. What ever it is I doubt it will resemble a measured response.

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Once he gets on the field, I'm going to be VERY curious to see how people react when he struggles (all qb's do). Does this emotional investment cause people to make excuses for his play or does it create a backlash. What ever it is I doubt it will resemble a measured response.

Fans will accept it, like they did when we went 1 & 2 with him in last year. We will focus on the inept D. If come game 16 (say he starts against Miami) he has shown no improvement and we are 2 and 14? We will be fine drafting a QB to compete with him next season when the other two are gone.

Over and over it is said, just give him a shot because Orton is only going to lead us to a losing record.

goldengopher1976
10-05-2011, 09:31 PM

Fan is short for "fanatic", right? ^5

rbackfactory80
10-05-2011, 09:36 PM

It's gonna be the same old around here. The "Ortonites" will start hate threads and magnify all his mistakes. They will be the worst with the I told you so BS. The Tebow fans will ask for patience.

The Ortonites will never give him a chance though. At least fans of Tebow gave Kyle more than his fair share of opportunities.

Jetmeck
10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Fans will accept it, like they did when we went 1 & 2 with him in last year. We will focus on the inept D. If come game 16 (say he starts against Miami) he has shown no improvement and we are 2 and 14? We will be fine drafting a QB to compete with him next season when the other two are gone.

Over and over it is said, just give him a shot because Orton is only going to lead us to a losing record.

EXACTLY...............Please FO wake the freak up...........

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Actually, if you let Tebow play his style I don't think there would be a transition time. I think he could win multiple championships in the first 6 years of his career...

Of course, by then he probably wouldn't be able to play his style anymore because he would be banged up so much... but what is wrong with that? why can't dominant QBs have the same lifespan as runningbacks, if it wins? And he could transition to a pure pocket passer by then.

In this era I think it is how things should be done. He stumbled on it by accident somehow.

DBroncos4life
10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Philip Arnold and John Slack approve this thread.

Broncos4Life
10-05-2011, 11:38 PM
It's gonna be the same old around here. The "Ortonites" will start hate threads and magnify all his mistakes. They will be the worst with the I told you so BS. The Tebow fans will ask for patience.

The Ortonites will never give him a chance though. At least fans of Tebow gave Kyle more than his fair share of opportunities.

**** an "Ortonite". There aren't even a third of the amount of Borton supporters as there are fans walking around with Tebowners.

Nobody really cares what a Orton supporter thinks about the QB situation, because anyone openly supporting a garbage time stat accumulative loser like that needs his or her head checked.

In an average season with an average team, and maybe a few years left on a contract, not ammounting to around 8 mil, an Orton supporters opinion would be legit; however with the current team situation and an overpaid backup QB with 1 yr left on his contract before he finishes his career on 5-6 other teams making veterans minimum, its a joke.

NUB
10-05-2011, 11:42 PM
Tebow is a stone
Not just any little gem
But a true diamond

Orton, WTF
What do you take me for, hm?
Some lowly Bills fan?

Mile High Mojoe
10-06-2011, 12:31 AM
Nice metaphors, expect Orton isn't even cubic zirconium he's more like a glow worm necklace from a box of Cracker Jacks.

Shananahan
10-06-2011, 12:50 AM
a fakeass cubic zirconium that fools you into thinking its fine, but when its go time at the dance it fails. And you look like a joke, and a LOSER.
Is there a story here that you'd like to tell us?

go_broncos
10-06-2011, 06:12 AM

if someone is still supporting Orton, they are not bronco fans.
What is his record as the starter for Broncos.
He is boring to watch.If he continues to play for broncos, there will be empty seats in few weeks.

TonyR
10-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Nobody really cares what a Orton supporter thinks about the QB situation, because anyone openly supporting a garbage time stat accumulative loser like that needs his or her head checked.

Orton sucks and I'd rather we play Tebow, but is it really that awful for somebody to "support" the starting QB of the Denver Broncos?

jhns
10-06-2011, 07:11 AM
Orton sucks and I'd rather we play Tebow, but is it really that awful for somebody to "support" the starting QB of the Denver Broncos?

Yes. He sucks.

Jetmeck
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
if someone is still supporting Orton, they are not bronco fans.
What is his record as the starter for Broncos.
He is boring to watch.If he continues to play for broncos, there will be empty seats in few weeks.

You want change, hit Bowlen where it hurts. Stay home.

TheReverend
10-06-2011, 07:14 AM

IMO, only when that person is John Fox.

Jetmeck
10-06-2011, 07:16 AM

Kinda like the people who dont believe in Evolution. When your wrong your wrong, whether your team is orange and blue or red and white to follow along blindly simply enables the people leading the way...................:wave:

BowlenBall
10-06-2011, 07:16 AM
He's like raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain on your wedding day!

Wait... wrong analogy.

No, no... because saying he's our best chance of winning.... is ironic....

ColoradoDarin
10-06-2011, 07:21 AM
*sniff*

man, that's just beautiful.

BowlenBall
10-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Tebow is a stone
Not just any little gem
But a true diamond

Orton, WTF
What do you take me for, hm?
Some lowly Bills fan?

Elway, Fox, Xanders
Have put their trust in Orton.
He will lead to Luck.

crawdad
10-06-2011, 07:24 AM
I still support Orton and the Denver Broncos.

bowtown
10-06-2011, 07:24 AM
IMO, only when that person is John Fox.

Or Brandon Lloyd... ;)

jhns
10-06-2011, 07:26 AM

You just completely contradicted yourself there.

crawdad
10-06-2011, 07:27 AM
You just completely contradicted yourself there.

And you're an idiot! What's your point?

TonyR
10-06-2011, 07:27 AM
Kinda like the people who dont believe in Evolution. When your wrong your wrong, whether your team is orange and blue or red and white to follow along blindly simply enables the people leading the way...................

What does right and wrong have to do with it? You can know he sucks and isn't the answer but still root for him because he's the starting QB of your football team. Are you suggesting you root for him, and therefore the Broncos, to fail? Is that what you're saying? If so I think you need to question who's really "following along blindly"...

BowlenBall
10-06-2011, 07:30 AM

I still support OJ Simpson and Nicole Simpson.

jhns
10-06-2011, 07:32 AM
And you're an idiot! What's your point?

I'm not the one claiming to support the team by supporting something that is bad for the team...

jhns
10-06-2011, 07:33 AM
I still support OJ Simpson and Nicole Simpson.

LOL

alkemical
10-06-2011, 07:47 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXsGJQ6FrAtmquYfqhr9UUsAgus8ru3 9OvMroefK_HXxbvWva-9Q

Oh flundered gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee
That mordiously hath bitled out
Its earted jurtles
Into a rancid festering [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts
And living glupules frart and slipulate
Like jowling meated liverslime
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon
See if I don't.

Eldorado
10-06-2011, 07:59 AM

There is like 2 of em, dude. Relax.

t-diddy
10-06-2011, 08:22 AM
Elway, Fox, Xanders
Have put their trust in Orton.
He will lead to Luck.

Haiku rep^5

vonqkilla
10-06-2011, 08:25 AM

Yep, or chant tebow like crazy.

rbackfactory80
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Not uptight dude.

I appreciate ur concern though. k thx bye

TheReverend
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Or Brandon Lloyd... ;)

Meh, me disliking Lloyd predates Kyle Orton in the NFL even.

bendog
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM

I didn't think there were any.

thread attempts creativity but fails on redundancy

Pick Six
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXsGJQ6FrAtmquYfqhr9UUsAgus8ru3 9OvMroefK_HXxbvWva-9Q

Oh flundered gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits
On a lurgid bee
That mordiously hath bitled out
Its earted jurtles
Into a rancid festering [drowned out by moaning and screaming]
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts
And living glupules frart and slipulate
Like jowling meated liverslime
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes
And hooptiously drangle me
With crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon
See if I don't.

LOLLOLLOL

Vogon poetry is the third worst in the Universe. The second worst is that of the Azgoths of Kria. The worst poetry is thinking that the Broncos can win ANYTHING with this defense.

Bronco Boy
10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
The opposing view is that you can't polish a turd. Even a zirconium is better than a turd. Just sayin'.

Gort
10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
omane poetry night.

i like it.

my haiku contribution:

neckbeard in summer
shines, but as leaf flutters free
drunk sloth falls to ground

note - in correct 5/7/5 form invoking nature/seasons.

ozomulsion
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
I thought the beginning post/poem for this thread was very good.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 02:38 PM

When was that, exactly?

Orton throws pass. Receiver drops pass. Chants for Tebow begin in earnest. That was game one, second quarter.

Dagmar
10-06-2011, 02:43 PM
When was that, exactly?

Orton throws pass. Receiver drops pass. Chants for Tebow begin in earnest. That was game one, second quarter.

Game one? Of this season yeah. Since going 6 - 0 in his first year he is 6 and 20 dude. That's not good enough. He'd have to finish 10 and 2 to be .500

Requiem
10-06-2011, 02:45 PM
When was that, exactly?

What is Kyle Orton's winning percentage as a starter with the Denver Broncos?

This year he is 1-3 under the helm with mediocre performance (if that) -- with more turnovers than touchdowns produced.

Kansas City and St. Louis were the only admirable performances he has had in recent memory.

Fans expect better than the 18-20 points offensively we can muster with him at the helm.

And FWIW, I don't even know if Tebow is the answer, but Orton has proven over the duration of the past schedules that he is not going to be a winner for this franchise.

Requiem
10-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Game one? Of this season yeah. Since going 6 - 0 in his first year he is 6 and 20 dude. That's not good enough. He'd have to finish 10 and 2 to be .500

Thanks for the exact W/L record. Proves the point. Orton isn't a winner.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the exact W/L record. Proves the point. Orton isn't a winner.

Yep. Love those one-man football teams.

Whatever. Hate on!

The point is the same. From the moment Tim was drafted, Orton's been booed and mocked. By his own fans. In his own stadium.

I root for Orton because he's the quarterback of my team. I'd root for Tim for the same reason. Tebowites have never, ever done likewise.

OABB
10-06-2011, 03:02 PM

Whatever. Hate on!

The point is the same. From the moment Tim was drafted, Orton's been booed and mocked. By his own fans. In his own stadium.

I root for Orton because he's the quarterback of my team. I'd root for Tim for the same reason. Tebowites have never, ever done likewise.

and because you are stupid.

there is that...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
and because you are stupid.

there is that...

Do you have a second grader feeding you lines?

"SO STUPID TO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM TO DO WELL DUH! DEERRRRRRRRRP!"

OABB
10-06-2011, 03:12 PM
Do you have a second grader feeding you lines?

"SO STUPID TO ROOT FOR YOUR TEAM TO DO WELL DUH! DEERRRRRRRRRP!"

no. They are all my own. It's the genius that runs through me. I used to be pedantic and intellectual and than I realized it was kind of narcissistic to show off my awesomeness for no reason other than to dazzle. So I changed my approach to an "Occam's razor" type of forum posting.

Just get to the point as cleanly as possible; anyone that supports Munson as our qb is either extremely biased to other qb's on the roster or just really really stupid.

Sorry, that's just the way it is.

stupid head.

jhns
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
LOL @ moose still being on Ortons nuts. How sad.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
LOL @ moose still being on Ortons nuts. How sad.

LOL @ me rooting for the team!

Another derp derp from jizz.

jhns
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM

You root for the team by loving what is bad for it? You seem to be confused.

"I just root for the team! This is why I support and defend McDaniels making it one of the worst in the league!"

"I just support the team! This is why I love the QB that always plays like garbage! Every real fan likes a team that loses all the time. Good fans root for their team to be bad!"

OABB
10-06-2011, 03:22 PM

If Hitler was the American president would you support him?

GODWIN'S LAW BABY!

Requiem
10-06-2011, 03:26 PM

Whatever. Hate on!

Undoubtedly, the Broncos have a lot of deficiencies on this roster. The defense has been a work in progress for the past half decade, and no solidarity there has hurt our ability as a team to succeed.

Our overall record over the past two seasons has a lot of factors contributing to such poor play, and whether you like to believe it or not, substandard quarterback play is one of the HIGHEST FACTORS inhibiting our ability to win football games.

The Broncos have had their chances to win games with Orton leading the final drive to potential victory. Unfortunately, he rarely delivers.

He isn't the future here.

And while fans may mock him because we just have Tebow, a vast majority of us do not like Orton because he is predictable, non-athletic quarterback who fumbles away more opportunities than he provides.

I root for the Denver Broncos. I also root for everyone to do well on an individual effort. It's too bad that Orton doesn't do well on an individual level, otherwise I might like the guy.

TheReverend
10-06-2011, 03:27 PM

GODWIN'S LAW BABY!

In b4 Hank Williams Jr reference

jhns
10-06-2011, 03:29 PM
I was reading some threads from last summer and found some patterns. Everyone that was firmly in Ortons corner is now a Tebow hater. Everyone that took a wait and see approach to Tebow, now wants him to start. Obviously, everyone that really liked him, still like him.

Oh, I also got some laughs from all the two year olds here. So many of you were such trolls to anyone that questioned the direction of the team. A lot of you sound pretty retarded in your defense of all things bad for this franchise.

vonqkilla
10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I root for Orton even though I feel it goes against whats best longterm. I also chanted tebow after he dropped the ball on the best opportunity we had for a big play vs Oakland.

I want Tebow tested again. Last year he did well, most productive player in the ENTIRE NFL as a starter.

Dagmar
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM

Whatever. Hate on!

Orton was booed after he threw 2 INT's in his first preseason game, then threw 3 INT's in 3 possessions in his second.

18 months before Tim was a Bronco.

My point being, it's not about Tim, it's about Orton. And today, it's about 6 and 20 in the last 26.

Broncos4tw
10-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Orton is whatever people who can't quite afford a cubic zirconium, buy instead.

I'd care more about Orton if he looked like he gave a damn.

Rabb
10-06-2011, 03:56 PM
I have yet to boo Orton, and I want Tebow to start now

generalizations are fun though

Broncos4tw
10-06-2011, 03:57 PM

Whatever. Hate on!

I would rather Tebow played, and I root for Orton, but I will boo him if he plays like crap. He was a new contract and a chance. He didn't deliver. He was given another chance this year. He LEADS THE NFL IN TURNOVERS. You act as if there is no reason to boo the guy.

I am a fan of the team. Not a fan of Orton. I want the TEAM to win. If a player is playing like crap and making the team lose, yea.. I'll boo him. It's amazing how fast someone who claims it's not a one player team will turn around, and act as if the horrible play by one player doesn't matter. If one of our RBs fumbled 7 times in the span of a few games, and was a pivotal reason why we lost, would you boo him? Ask him to be benched? Or would you be so "supportive" that you insist he stay in the game, regardless of how badly he does, because he is a Denver Bronco, and it's sacrilegious to boo any Bronco, no matter how crappy he plays?

I'm a Bronco fan first and foremost. The team comes first.

rbackfactory80
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
When was that, exactly?

Sorry Brosef, forgot this was Orton's first season.

Tombstone RJ
10-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Tim Tebow by all accounts is rough, from dropbacks, to taking snaps, reads, throws, and almost everything in between. I would call him a diamond in the rough based on what he did in the regular season, and preseason. I see a ton of potential there.

Now a diamond in the rough needs polishing, the edges sharpened, and work, but the finished product is worth it in the end. It takes alot of time and work. Left alone, its never going to get better.

If you want you can skip the work, and get a ready to go cubic zirconium. Its shiny, it passes the eye test, and works, I guess, but you dont get engaged with that.

Its fake. It will fool many people, but when you get down to it, its glass. You hit it hard, it cracks. Under pressure, it breaks.

Diamonds dont break, they withstand the pressure, even when times are dark(last year), diamonds shine. If your willing to put in the work, a diamond will withstand the tests of time and be something your always proud of.

Orton is a fakeass cubic zirconium that fools you into thinking its fine, but when its go time at the dance it fails. And you look like a joke, and a LOSER.

Maybe if we put our diamond in the rough under whatever a jeweler uses Tebow shatters and is worthless, or maybe we get the diamond we need. Whatever the case, continuing with our fakeass garbage time inflated stat joke of a qb only makes us LOSERS.

my analogy: put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up. Put the lime in the coconut and shake all up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tbgv8PkO9eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crawdad
10-07-2011, 05:30 AM
my analogy: put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up. Put the lime in the coconut and shake all up.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tbgv8PkO9eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love Harry Nilsson!
:thumbs:

fontaine
10-07-2011, 05:51 AM

Whatever. Hate on!

Not really.

Orton was booed right from his first preseason game in Denver with fans chanting for Cutler I think or at least right from his first season here when he started off poorly.

Things changed though because Orton started actually playing well, the team got off to winning streak and in part because Simms was so awful in his brief play.

The point is, when people could see Orton playing well (and there were no other options) then the booing stopped.

All Orton really has to do is no different than what's expected of any other player which is to play well and minimize his mistakes. Neither of which he's done for a long time.

Jetmeck
10-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Whatever. Hate on!

But seriously now McDummy was the only coach that wanted Orton.
Proof is kinda recent with us trying to trade him. He likely will have to be cut. He has always been mediocre at best.

McDummy's ego and arrogance made him get rid of Cutler cause how dare he stand up to him and his options were lets say limited at the time. Here we set with a mediocre QB who has been exactly that.

It is hard to criticize a fan base for seeing all this and being upset with a viable option setting on the bench ?????????????????

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-07-2011, 07:59 AM
But seriously now McDummy was the only coach that wanted Orton.
Proof is kinda recent with us trying to trade him. He likely will have to be cut. He has always been mediocre at best.

McDummy's ego and arrogance made him get rid of Cutler cause how dare he stand up to him and his options were lets say limited at the time. Here we set with a mediocre QB who has been exactly that.

It is hard to criticize a fan base for seeing all this and being upset with a viable option setting on the bench ?????????????????

McDummy's also the only coach who wanted Tebow.

schaaf
10-07-2011, 08:02 AM

GODWIN'S LAW BABY!

I think this country coud use a little hitler right now, he brought Germany out of an extreme depression in a matter of a ouple years and we could finally get rid of the mexicans! Hey hey!

vonqkilla
10-07-2011, 08:08 AM
Not funny.

gyldenlove
10-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Orton is 12-21 (.36), Tebow is 1-2 (.33) if you want to talk win-loss then Tebow arguably gives us a worse shot at winning than Orton, even if Orton loses to the Chargers.

jhns
10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
Orton is 12-21 (.36), Tebow is 1-2 (.33) if you want to talk win-loss then Tebow arguably gives us a worse shot at winning than Orton, even if Orton loses to the Chargers.

Were you under the impression that this argument makes sense?

Rabb
10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
I think this country coud use a little hitler right now, he brought Germany out of an extreme depression in a matter of a ouple years and we could finally get rid of the mexicans! Hey hey!

wow

Dedhed
10-07-2011, 08:55 AM

Of course it won't be a measured response. The way people deride the kid is even more insane than the way people worship him.

There just as many people dying to see him fail, and they will latch on to any piece of evidence that he's not yet Aaron Rodgers, as they already have, and blow it completely out of proportion.

Dedhed
10-07-2011, 09:00 AM
When was that, exactly?

They gave Orton two years, including one almost full one with Tebow on the roster. Orton completely crapped the bed. There weren't Tebow chants last year. Don't pretend like Orton hasn't been given a chance here.

He went 3-10 as a starter, and was outplayed, for anyone who cared to pay attention, be the rookie Tebow. That's why the fans chant, they saw it.

go_broncos
10-07-2011, 09:40 AM

I believe Fox thinks the same way...no wonder our franchise is like this.

ant1999e
10-07-2011, 10:14 AM

Agree.

Dagmar
10-07-2011, 10:17 AM

Dude, that's just foolish. Orton's had 33 games. Tebow had 3.

ant1999e
10-07-2011, 10:18 AM
What's funny is TEKO is here posting now but come Sunday when Orton shyt's the bed again he'll disappear.

OABB
10-07-2011, 10:22 AM
What's funny is TEKO is here posting now but come Sunday when Orton shyt's the bed again he'll disappear.

his job is to massage master orton and give him handies and blowies after losses. naturally, he has been very very busy at work lately.

gyldenlove
10-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Dude, that's just foolish. Orton's had 33 games. Tebow had 3.

You said that Orton's record wasn't good enough when in fact he has won a higher percentage of games than Tebow. Don't cherrypick stats to back up an argument, it never works.

If you want to say Tebow gives us the best chance of winning that is fine, that is an oppinion which may be right or wrong, but we have no real way of knowing right now. If you want to use stats to prove a point, make sure those stats hold up, don't just cherrypick one number.

TailgateNut
10-07-2011, 10:26 AM

Maybe 1/2 of 1% of the active posters on the mane ever attend a game and of those maybe 1% attend every game. I'm sure all the crying and "staying at home makes a difference.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

When you support the team it's "RahRahRah" on a MB, when we suck it's "BitchBitchBitch" on a MB.

I'm sure they hear you at Dove Valley or at "whatever the ****ing name of the stadium is" this week. :rofl:

...and BTW, the biggest bitches (Oabb, Rev, Jhizz, Macgruder and their ilk) NEVER attend games.

jhns
10-07-2011, 10:27 AM
You said that Orton's record wasn't good enough when in fact he has won a higher percentage of games than Tebow. Don't cherrypick stats to back up an argument, it never works.

If you want to say Tebow gives us the best chance of winning that is fine, that is an oppinion which may be right or wrong, but we have no real way of knowing right now. If you want to use stats to prove a point, make sure those stats hold up, don't just cherrypick one number.

Your argument is still retarded. Tebows two losses were to teams Orton lost to while scoring half as much. Win percentages are not valid after three games. If you passed elementry school, you would understand why.

jhns
10-07-2011, 10:29 AM
Maybe 1/2 of 1% of the active posters on the mane ever attend a game and of those maybe 1% attend every game. I'm sure all the crying and "staying at home makes a difference.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

When you support the team it's "RahRahRah" on a MB, when we suck it's "b****b****b****" on a MB.

I'm sure they hear you at Dove Valley or at "whatever the ****ing name of the stadium is" this week. :rofl:

...and BTW, the biggest b****es (Oabb, Rev, Jhizz, Macgruder and their ilk) NEVER attend games.

How would you know what I do?

Is this little lady stalking us?

For someone that claims they ignore me, you sure seem to think you know a lot about me. The obsession is a little weird.

TonyR
10-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Were you under the impression that this argument makes sense?

It makes about as much sense as the manner in which people like you cling to the relevance of Tebow's performance in those three meaningless games to close out last season.

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 10:33 AM
...and BTW, the biggest b****es (Oabb, Rev, Jhizz, Macgruder and their ilk) NEVER attend games.

I don't?

Well I'll be damned.

Glad you were there to let me know because I was pretty sure I did until you cleared that up...

jhns
10-07-2011, 10:36 AM
It makes aboug as much sense as the manner in which people like you cling to the relevance of Tebow's performance in those three meaningless games to close out last season.

Sure, because all QBs get worse after their rookie year... Or maybe the fact that Orton has zero three game stretches that can match Tebows production, in his over two years here, shows that Tebow really didn't outplay him.

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
BTW, super-fan, how much for the RV?

Rabb
10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
I go to every home game, I don't boo Orton and I am ready for Tebow.

I wonder what class that puts me in.

Dagmar
10-07-2011, 10:41 AM
It makes about as much sense as the manner in which people like you cling to the relevance of Tebow's performance in those three meaningless games to close out last season.

Those performances were all about potential to me. he showed potential. Orton, is what he is.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-07-2011, 10:42 AM

Nah, not traveling this weekend. I'll likely be here.

Your obsession with me is cute, though.

BroncoBen
10-07-2011, 10:44 AM

The Quarterback of the Denver Broncos is not on this roster, its not Orton, Quinn or Tebow.

The Broncos need to admit to themselves they are rebuilding, next year’s draft they can go out and get a QB for the rebuilding to really start.

Right now the Broncos are just struggling to stop the bleeding from the McDaniels experiment.

bowtown
10-07-2011, 10:49 AM
I go to every home game, I don't boo Orton and I am ready for Tebow.

I wonder what class that puts me in.

Enabler.

Rabb
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
lol

AlphaSeirra
10-07-2011, 11:15 AM

Yeah, unlike Elway in the distant past,,,

or Lucky now,,, right? :thumbsup:

gyldenlove
10-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Your argument is still retarded. Tebows two losses were to teams Orton lost to while scoring half as much. Win percentages are not valid after three games. If you passed elementry school, you would understand why.

Sadly, you again fail to understand basic logic, so let me enlighten you. This time, please focus.

Dagmar made an observation that 12-21 was not good enough (actually he said 12-20 but it makes no real difference).

I then pointed out that if 12-21 is not good enough then 1-2 (which is worse) is by extension not good enough either. I am not sure how I could have made that message clearer, but I hope this helps.

OABB
10-07-2011, 11:22 AM
Sadly, you again fail to understand basic logic, so let me enlighten you. This time, please focus.

Dagmar made an observation that 12-21 was not good enough (actually he said 12-20 but it makes no real difference).

I then pointed out that if 12-21 is not good enough then 1-2 (which is worse) is by extension not good enough either. I am not sure how I could have made that message clearer, but I hope this helps.

because the sample size is too small and everyone realizes this. I understand the point you are making, but it's hard for anyone to look past this glaring hole.

Just saying.

Also, rookies are given more leeway with w/l records. so there's that too.

AlphaSeirra
10-07-2011, 11:23 AM
McDummy's also the only coach who wanted Tebow.

If the FO really believed that BS, they would cut Tebow and be done with this right now.... :thanku:

Maybe (unsure at this point) the FO is at least a little bit smarter than you are? :wiggle:

jhns
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM

And Orton has kept that crap percentage over time. He was a seven year vet when doing this.

Your argument is retarded.

Dagmar
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM

You are obviously fishing, so I will let others point out the flaws in your argument.

AlphaSeirra
10-07-2011, 11:46 AM

Stats? Did someone call for stats???

~ Tebow's NFL QB Passer Rating was the Top rookie rating in 2010, plus 5.3 ypc rushing.
Keep in mind that his stats were earned coming in cold in game 14 with little to no 1st team practice in the preseason or during the regular season.

Tebow's never led the Broncos to less than 23 pts in a game, 2010 average was 25 pts/gm.
Orton pts/gm - 20th in NFL
Tebow pts/gm - 7th in the NFL

In 13 games, Orton with Pro Bowl WR Lloyd - 18.3 ypr with 1 TD per 7 receptions.
In 3 games, Tebow with Pro Bowl WR Lloyd - 18.8 ypr with 1 TD per 7 receptions.

Now for the, "It was only three games!" argument. It was only three games. Tebow did play two teams that Orton played though. This team scored a lot more with Tebow in both games. The lack of excessive three and outs also contributed to much better defensive performances.

All three games that Tebow started saw at least 20 points scored. Orton doesn't have a three game stretch of 20+ point games in his two years here. Only one time last season did the Orton led Broncos have a stretch of three games that >> averaged << the 25 ppg the Tebow led Broncos had. This three game stretch is all from a single 49 point game. In that game, Tebow scored two TDs and Hunter returned a 75 yard fumble for a TD.
-------------------------

~ 2011 Preseason:
Quinn PER 69
Orton PER 104
Tebow PER 108 (plus 6.9 ypc rushing)

And no 'cherry' pickin and little to no opinions in that info.

So, do those stats tell you anything yet? If so, what? :wiggle:

BroncsCheer
10-07-2011, 12:10 PM
If the FO really believed that BS, they would cut Tebow and be done with this right now.... :thanku:

Maybe (unsure at this point) the FO is at least a little bit smarter than you are? :wiggle:

Tebow is a marketing golden goose, which has little to do with their opinions of his playing ability.

He will have to play, eventually, if for no other reason than to keep the sales of #15 jerseys going.

I hope he does well when he gets in . ...

Dedhed
10-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Don't cherrypick stats to back up an argument, it never works.

It's dishonest to count Orton's record before Tebow was on the roster. It's comparing apples to oranges.

Tebow had a higher winning pct than Orton did with the same players around them, and scored almost a TD more per start than Orton did with the same supporting cast.

Stagger Lee
10-07-2011, 12:40 PM

So this is how you defend the indefensible, huh? I'll just stick with what my eyes have shown me over the past 2+ seasons.

AlphaSeirra
10-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Tebow is a marketing golden goose, which has little to do with their opinions of his playing ability.

He will have to play, eventually, if for no other reason than to keep the sales of #15 jerseys going.

Sorry dude, but that's just BOGUS bs imoho.

Tebow's jersey sales wouldn't even cover 1 month of his annual rookie salary.

And ANY marketing ploy can easily BLOW-UP in your face if:

~ not used at all

~ used improperly

~ favorite son fails to be given a reasonable chance by those in control

And you don't pay someone MILLIONS for just being there, unless you're a COMPLETE IDIOT!

We all hope that the Bronco team does well, every season. :thumbsup:

TheReverend
10-07-2011, 01:17 PM

You know jersey sales revenue is shared between all 32 clubs and the Broncos don't particularly profit off of it, right?

BroncsCheer
10-07-2011, 03:02 PM
You know jersey sales revenue is shared between all 32 clubs and the Broncos don't particularly profit off of it, right?

I didn't when I made my post, but I do now.

thanks Rev :thanku:

Tombstone RJ
10-07-2011, 08:30 PM
I love Harry Nilsson!
:thumbs:

I dedicate this song to king kyle... the Behind the Wall of Sleep:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5uZrSBEKB0I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ranger24
10-07-2011, 09:11 PM
**** an "Ortonite". There aren't even a third of the amount of Borton supporters as there are fans walking around with Tebowners.

In an average season with an average team, and maybe a few years left on a contract, not ammounting to around 8 mil, an Orton supporters opinion would be legit; however with the current team situation and an overpaid backup QB with 1 yr left on his contract before he finishes his career on 5-6 other teams making veterans minimum, its a joke.

:thumbs: Exactly, nobody cares what "Ortanites" think. The few have already lost all credibility at this point.

Dagmar
10-07-2011, 09:19 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrbl2gtBiW1qc39eio1_500.jpg