PDA

View Full Version : Woody's Column yesterday

zdoor
10-05-2011, 09:38 AM
I found this quote in Woody's column yesterday pretty interesting:

Xanders isn't telling Fox what to do. And Elway will not overrule the coach.

Truth is, EFX is 1-1-1 on the two quarterbacks.

So Fox breaks the tie.

"You can end this," I said — the declaration wasn't defiant — to Fox after his news conference Monday.

Like Woody or not he seems to be better connected than most columnists. He also is good about answering emails and corresponding with readers. So i emailed Woody for clarification and this was the reply I got.

One is for him, one against, one is undecided. 1-1-1. I'm sorry it wasn't clear enough. Probably not. But a lot of my stuff comes from off the record conversations and cannot be atrributed. Thank you. W

Pretty interesting stuff

tsiguy96
10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
link please

TheReverend
10-05-2011, 09:42 AM
FWIW,

He arranged the score 1-1-1 to the initials EFX...

ghwk
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Isn't that binary code for Orton sucks?

Chris
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
I think it has to be

For - Xanders
Against - Fox
Undecided - Elway

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM
I think it has to be

For - Xanders
Against - Fox
Undecided - Elway

Seems logical.

DBroncos4life
10-05-2011, 09:51 AM
No way Fox is against after that billboard...

Gort
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
I found this quote in Woody's column yesterday pretty interesting:

Xanders isn't telling Fox what to do. And Elway will not overrule the coach.

Truth is, EFX is 1-1-1 on the two quarterbacks.

So Fox breaks the tie.

"You can end this," I said — the declaration wasn't defiant — to Fox after his news conference Monday.

Like Woody or not he seems to be better connected than most columnists. He also is good about answering emails and corresponding with readers. So i emailed Woody for clarification and this was the reply I got.

One is for him, one against, one is undecided. 1-1-1. I'm sorry it wasn't clear enough. Probably not. But a lot of my stuff comes from off the record conversations and cannot be atrributed. Thank you. W

Pretty interesting stuff

coach Fox is a poopy head.

mkporter
10-05-2011, 09:53 AM
FWIW,

He arranged the score 1-1-1 to the initials EFX...

Now all we have to do is figure out what each of the ones mean. :giggle:

Time for a poll methinks...

mkporter
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Isn't that binary code for Orton sucks?

No it's binary code for "7." The true answer to who the best QB is... :strong:

zdoor
10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
link please

Link to article:

http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19034747

The response is an email Woody replied to where I asked for clarification on the 1-1-1 comment

SpringStein
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
I was guessing:

Fox, Orton
Elway, Tebow
Xanders, checking wind direction

Gort
10-05-2011, 10:05 AM
I was guessing:

Fox, Orton
Elway, Tebow
Xanders, checking wind direction

no, it's obvious from the quote.

Fox = Orton.
Xanders = Tebow, but won't tell Fox what to do.
Elway = Undecided, but won't step in and overrule the coach.

it's obvious in Fox's repeated comments and that single BS play call in the GB game where he had Tebow run a dive on 1st down at our own 27 and then sat him for the rest of the game, that Fox does not want Tebow on the field and does not want anyone telling him to put Tebow on the field. you have a strongwilled HC, a weakwilled Xanders, and a deferential-to-the-HC Elway, so in essence, the only vote that counts is Fox's.

WolfpackGuy
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
1-1-1 sounds like one of those pizza deals to me...

mkporter
10-05-2011, 10:12 AM
I made a poll to vote on your guess:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100415

bronclvr
10-05-2011, 10:49 AM
Based on this, I believe Elway is the problem:

"Because of their competitive friction, Reeves and Elway often disagreed, and they seem to disagree about Tebow.

Just as Elway believed Reeves should be starting him every game in 1983, Reeves believes Tebow should be playing in 2011."

Read more: Woody Paige: Reeves sees his past in today's Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19022279#ixzz1ZvlrRmQm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Gort
10-05-2011, 11:03 AM

"Because of their competitive friction, Reeves and Elway often disagreed, and they seem to disagree about Tebow.

Just as Elway believed Reeves should be starting him every game in 1983, Reeves believes Tebow should be playing in 2011."

Read more: Woody Paige: Reeves sees his past in today's Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19022279#ixzz1ZvlrRmQm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

the crazy thing is that if anyone around Dove Valley should be most qualified to see something special in Tebow, it's Elway. Tebow reminds me alot of the young Elway. somewhere, at some point, Elway must have been abducted and replaced by a pod person. that's the only explanation. there is no other explanation. according to gaffney, when confronted by something you don't understand, the only logical answer is the most absurd and ridiculous one you can come up with. so that settles it. Elway has been replaced by a pod person.

http://suvudu.com/files/suvudumedia/body%20snatchers.jpg

TheReverend
10-05-2011, 11:13 AM

I get the inference, but that would put Fox at "undecided" which makes no sense... especially given Elways recent statements regarding "not meddling with Fox's team".

PERSONALLY, I feel 2 weeks ago this was a firm 2 No's and 1 undecided (and let's be serious, the undecided is Xanders because he has no balls). I think the fan sentiment and horrid QB play has shifted John and I think next week it'll have shifted the other John.

Steve Sewell
10-05-2011, 11:41 AM
I get the inference, but that would put Fox at "undecided" which makes no sense... especially given Elways recent statements regarding "not meddling with Fox's team".

PERSONALLY, I feel 2 weeks ago this was a firm 2 No's and 1 undecided (and let's be serious, the undecided is Xanders because he has no balls). I think the fan sentiment and horrid QB play has shifted John and I think next week it'll have shifted the other John.

Especially when Orton gets outclassed by the opponent's QB for all to see for the 5th week in a row.

vonqkilla
10-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Thanks z for asking, had same question.

Good stuff.

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Elway has nothing to lose by playing Tebow. Nothing. If Tebow sucks Elway can say "well, we gave it a shot." If Tebow is the QB every Broncos fan (except for TGN and Alec) want him to be then Elway looks like a genius.

Surround Tebow with talent and have a good defense and watch the fun.

Elway simply can't be that stupid to want to just toss Tebow away without really giving him a shot. I think it probably falls like this:

Fox: undecided (after all, he's just trying to win games now and keep the locker room)

Xanders: Against (after all he says McD called all the shots, he didn't make decisions)

Elway: For (after all, Elway knows what it takes to win but won't tell Fox how to coach)

That's the way I see it.

bendog
10-05-2011, 11:54 AM
The drama continues and writers desperately try to be relevant ... and employed. When Fox decides its time to pull the pin on 2011, the kid goes in. Maybe Elway's ready. Probably see some of the guy on sunday, but I hope not. Fans will look like jackasses cheering when Tebow comes in and booing when he goes out. I do think that on the one yard line, Tebow might be a qb sneak option that is useful.

TailgateNut
10-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Elway has nothing to lose by playing Tebow. Nothing. If Tebow sucks Elway can say "well, we gave it a shot." If Tebow is the QB every Broncos fan (except for TGN and Alec) want him to be then Elway looks like a genius.

Elway simply can't be that stupid to want to just toss Tebow away without really giving him a shot. I think it probably falls like this:

Fox: undecided (after all, he's just trying to win games now and keep the locker room)

Xanders: Against (after all he says McD called all the shots, he didn't make decisions)

Elway: For (after all, Elway knows what it takes to win but won't tell Fox how to coach)

That's the way I see it.

Love how you seem to think that you know what the entire fanbase thinks of TimBoy. Maybe should be a fly on the wall at the stadium, because you would be surprise at the responses when your ilk cheers for TimBoy to be put in, and when some of the same assclowns boo our team.

Your almost part of the "know-it-all club", which, IMO isn't a positive trait.

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Love how you seem to think that you know what the entire fanbase thinks of TimBoy. Maybe should be a fly on the wall at the stadium, because you would be surprise at the responses when your ilk cheers for TimBoy to be put in, and when some of the same assclowns boo our team.

Your almost part of the "know-it-all club", which, IMO isn't a positive trait.

you ok bro, you need a beer? How about a wet nurse?

bendog
10-05-2011, 12:26 PM
Fox hates tim, doesn't he. (weeping)

Momentum
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
1-1-1, then we add in Tebow's -1 yards of offense on the 2011 season... ah... nevermind.. this is getting too complicated.

Next week we unleash the Quinn Quarter, Tebow Time, and Orton Overtime.

Everyone happy?

TailgateNut
10-05-2011, 12:30 PM
you ok bro, you need a beer? How about a wet nurse?

I'm fine "bro", how 'bout you? You need some dick?

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 12:36 PM

That's the way I see it.

Not even close.. if Tebow fails in Denver and goes somewhere else and dominates everyone in Denver will pay dearly.

This is why I think EVERYONE in Denver, and nationwide, is scared shirtless to make any decision one way or another. It's much easier to just ignore the problem completely, say Tebow doesn't look like a "real" QB, and let him rot on the bench.

And this is why guys who have balls and experience like Ditka and Reeves say "WTF are you doing? Tebow is a stud.. play him you wusses."

cabronco
10-05-2011, 12:50 PM
A, 1-1-1 in binary code = 15. To me its a message to get #15 on the darn field !

I think this Sunday, if we get 1st and goal, Orton get 2 shots to score touchdwon. If he fails bring in Tebow for 3rd and 4th down use spread formation. Or just use TT period when orton goes fetal.

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm fine "bro", how 'bout you? You need some dick?

No thanks, already have one. I do think your sandy vag may need some dick. and a set of balls.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:04 PM
If Orton was smart he would see the writing on the wall.. make an internal decision to finally be a man about this whole thing... go to his coaches and fellow teammates and tell them that if they all work together and play both QBs and give their all that they could really achieve something..

Imagine Tebow comes in the first one or two drives, and plays his style all-out and scores 1 or 2 touchdowns.. allowing the Broncos defense to play aggressive and pressure the opposing offense preventing them from catching up. Meanwhile Orton then comes in to manage the game and plays his safe efficient style. If the opposing team catches up you bring Tebow in as necessary to score at will... The closer they get to the playoffs Tebow plays more and more..

Someday a team is going to win a championship doing this. If Tebow had been traded to the Pats I think they win a championshop this year doing that. Orton is a lot like a genetically inferior Tom Brady..

TailgateNut
10-05-2011, 01:09 PM
No thanks, already have one. I do think your sandy vag may need some dick. and a set of balls.

I didn't say "a dick", I said some "dick" considering all the sucking you do on TimBoy schlong>

zdoor
10-05-2011, 01:10 PM
If Orton was smart he would see the writing on the wall.. make an internal decision to finally be a man about this whole thing... go to his coaches and fellow teammates and tell them that if they all work together and play both QBs and give their all that they could really achieve something..

Imagine Tebow comes in the first one or two drives, and plays his style all-out and scores 1 or 2 touchdowns.. allowing the Broncos defense to play aggressive and pressure the opposing offense preventing them from catching up. Meanwhile Orton then comes in to manage the game and plays his safe efficient style. If the opposing team catches up you bring Tebow in as necessary to score at will... The closer they get to the playoffs Tebow plays more and more..

Someday a team is going to win a championship doing this. If Tebow had been traded to the Pats I think they win a championshop this year doing that. Orton is a lot like a genetically inferior Tom Brady..

You should put the bottle down before posting....

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:12 PM
You should put the bottle down before posting....

You should learn how to respect others opinions and, like Orton, - grow up.

All truth goes through three phases... especially with idiots.

Tombstone RJ
10-05-2011, 01:13 PM
I didn't say "a dick", I said some "dick" considering all the sucking you do on TimBoy schlong>

you're the expert so you should know. sorry I don't follow the homo code talk.

bendog
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
“John, you know I’d never try to tell you who to play....”

“Of course, Duke.”

“... but dammit have you listened to the radio?”

“Ah, no, I’m pretty much strictly into my I-Pod now ... and those new things the kids have ... can’t even hear the base line, what’s the point. I gotta hear Sting lay it down.”

“John, football. Focus.”

“Oh sure, Duke.”

“Brian, whattayou think?”

“I agree with you both, Mr. Elway.”

Elway sighs. “John, do you have any plays for Tebow?”

“Umm, as a quarterback?”

“YES.”

“Well, would you call taking the snap from shotgun and running up Walton’s asshole a quarterback play?”

“Not really.”

“Then no.”

“John, can’t you let him have a pass or two, please. I mean I’m getting killed in the media, and we’re looking double dip recession and nobody buying new cars. I got expenses.”

“Duke, have you seen the kid throw from the pocket? I mean as it is I go home every Sunday night and puke in my toilet for hours after watching Orton. With Tebow I could be looking at intensive care.”

Frisian
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM

Nothing about this makes any sense. Taking Tebow and Orton out of the equation. Nobody would ask for a demotion. Why would you take out a quarterback who has a hot hand and sub in someone else? Why not just keep the QB who can score at will in the game.

Maybe you were using hyperbole to make a point...

bendog
10-05-2011, 01:15 PM
whine some more, rich.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Nothing about this makes any sense. Taking Tebow and Orton out of the equation. Nobody would ask for a demotion. Why would you take out a quarterback who has a hot hand and sub in someone else? Why not just keep the QB who can score at will in the game.

Maybe you were using hyperbole to make a point, and I just did not get it.

Because Tebow's style is said to to be too risky to play in the NFL FULL TIME. Last season when Tebow played his style it was shown to be dominant but even last season in his three starts they were holding him back physically.. but guys like Merril Hoge and probably Fox believe Tebow can't make ti through a full season playing the way he played in college.

When Tebow was at Florida his first season he played like this with the conventional QB that was there - Chris Leak. They used this exact same method to win a championship.

What I am saying is because the NFL is changing - becoming too physical for QBs to survive UNLESS you have the perfect team around them like Aaron Rodgers... or whatever team wins the championship.. so by playing multiple QBs with different skills you can still win even without having a dominant line and run game.

This is why you use Tebow in spot duty.. because his style is dominant yet risky according to NFL experts. and Tebow and Orton complement each other PERFECTLY.

And Orton is even great without much practice as was shown when he steps into traing camp playing well, which would be ideal for splitting reps in practice..

I really think Orotn and Tebow could have been incredibly successful last season playing this way. If Orton had any common sense he would have realized this day one.. Tebow and Orton could be an IDEAL tandem because they are so different.. and both are considered awesome backup QBs at their worst..

And why do you think Belichick coveted Tebow? I think he had planned on doing the same thing which is why he wanted to draft Tebow as well.

Playing Tebow this way is a great way to get him experience without risking going all in.. and they were paying Orton ANYWAY!

They even had Quinn as a great backup if Tebow got injured too... all wasted.. because Orton has divided the team with his terrible leadership from the beginning rather than embracing what could have been an incredible partnership.

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 01:29 PM
And why do you think Belichick coveted Tebow? I think he had planned on doing the same thing which is why he wanted to draft Tebow as well.

Oh man. The crazy meter just got pegged.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Oh man. The crazy meter just got pegged.

Wrong.. the ignorant meter... you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Belichick said Tebow would not get by him in the draft..

teknic
10-05-2011, 01:33 PM
A, 1-1-1 in binary code = 15. To me its a message to get #15 on the darn field !

I think this Sunday, if we get 1st and goal, Orton get 2 shots to score touchdwon. If he fails bring in Tebow for 3rd and 4th down use spread formation. Or just use TT period when orton goes fetal.

Actually, 111 in binary is 7 in decimal.

(Right to left)
(2^0*1) + (2^1*1) + (2^2*1)
= 1 + 2 + 4
= 7

1111 in binary would be 15 in decimal.

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Wrong.. the ignorant meter... you obviously have no clue what you are talking about. Belichick said Tebow would not get by him in the draft..

Yeah. 'Cause Belichick sits around trying to figure out how to get Tom Brady off of the field.

And link please.

bendog
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah. 'Cause Belichick sits around trying to figure out how to get Tom Brady off of the field.

And link please.

The last time Billicheat didn't lie was before he got married before he got divorced.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:42 PM

And link please.

You obviously don't actually watch the games... because if you did you would see how Brady has gotten his ass kicked in the pocket in the playoffs the last several years...

The word is out.. rough Brady up and you win the game because he can't take it. Remind you of anyone we know????

Then if you'd seen Matt Cassel play in that same system and how valuable his mobility was and all the openings to run.. you would see how great Tebow could be in that system.

Do you also know that Belichick got many elements from his offense from Florida - Urban Meyer. And Bellichick is also on of the most innovative coaches around?

Why do you think McDaniels drafted Tebow for the same system? All the things above AND he knew BEli would draft him for the same reasons.

I think the only thing that stopped McD from doing this last year was the divide in the locker room and Orton exacerbating that divide..

bendog
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
http://scienceblogs.com/afarensis/upload/2006/06/Vampire%20Bat%201.jpg

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 01:45 PM
You obviously don't actually watch the games... because if you did you would see how Brady has gotten his ass kicked in the pocket in the playoffs the last several years...

The word is out.. rough Brady up and you win the game because he can't take it. Remind you of anyone we know????

Then if you'd seen Matt Cassel play in that same system and how valuable his mobility was and all the openings to run.. you would see how great Tebow could be in that system.

Do you also know that Belichick got many elements from his offense from Florida - Urban Meyer. And Bellichick is also on of the most innovative coaches around?

Why do you think McDaniels drafted Tebow for the same system? All the things above AND he knew BEli would draft him for the same reasons.

I think the only thing that stopped McD from doing this last year was the divide in the locker room and Orton exacerbating that divide..

My eyes are bleeding from the stupidity.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:52 PM

And link please.

It was said in an interview when Belichick was asked if Tebow could be successful in the NFL and where he would be drafted.

He didn't explain what exactly that meant though (where he would take him).. also did you know Belichick met with Tebow several times before the draft.. even with Tom Brady having dinner. teams are limited in the players they can meet before the draft too so they don't waste these opportunities..

I actually think Belichick was scouting Tebow for McD... Belichick knew Tebow wanted to be a starting QB and unlike Beli McD didn't have a starting QB.

Belichick also told Tebow to stay in school his senior year.. Tebow's value dropped dramatically his senior year.. this is why I think Beli definitely would have drafted Tebow.. not only does he think he is great.. but he feels a responsibility because of that.

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 01:54 PM

It was said in an interview when Belichick was asked if Tebow could be successful in the NFL and where he would be drafted.

He didn't explain what exactly that meant though (where he would take him).. also did you know Belichick met with Tebow several times before the draft.. even with Tom Brady having dinner. teams are limited in the players they can meet before the draft too so they don't waste these opportunities..

I actually think Belichick was scouting Tebow for McD... Belichick knew Tebow wanted to be a starting QB and unlike Beli McD didn't have a starting QB.

Belichick also told Tebow to stay in school his senior year.. Tebow's value dropped dramatically his senior year.. this is why I think Beli definitely would have drafted Tebow.. not only does he think he is great.. but he feels a responsibility because of that.

So, you were lying.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 01:56 PM
So, you were lying.

Yes.. because if there is no "link" it didn't happen.. lol

Are you brain dead?

broncosteven
10-05-2011, 01:59 PM

Sir, Step away from the Anti-Gravity device.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 02:00 PM
Sir, Step away from the Anti-Gravity device.

All truth goes through three phases...

You'll never learn..

mkporter
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM

(Right to left)
= 1 + 2 + 4
= 7

The only post on this page that might make you smarter.

Gort
10-05-2011, 02:26 PM
The only post on this page that might make you smarter.

1 1 was a racehorse
2 2 was 1 2
1 1 1 1 race
2 2 1 1 2

bowtown
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
“John, you know I’d never try to tell you who to play....”

“Of course, Duke.”

“... but dammit have you listened to the radio?”

I think it actually goes more like this:

Elway: John, what do you think about Tebow?

Fox: I think what I think about Tebow. Would you agree with that?

Elway: Agree with what?

Fox: With what I think about Tebow.

Xanders: I agree with with it.

Xanders: With whatever you think about what coach thinks about Tebow.

Elway: Good, so then we are in agreement?

Fox: I was unaware there was a problem.

(Bowlen enters wearing only shorts and mumbling.)

Bowlen: Nothing to be done.

Fox: Let's go.

Elway: Yes, let's go.

(They do not move.)

bendog
10-05-2011, 02:40 PM
I think it actually goes more like this:

Elway: John, what do you think about Tebow.

(They do not move.)

yeah, but I think in reality its more like "who gives us a better chance to win?"

Fox, orton
Xanders, no clue
Elway, ummm, John, we're losing anyway ....

It's just a matter of time. If they lose the next two, the fans will go nuts if Tebow doesn't play against the Lions. If Tebow has rough outings, they can play Orton in road games. Kubes took a start for the Duke in his first season after DeBerg got hurt. I don't recall whether Elway was hurt, but he had some rough outings.

ozomulsion
10-05-2011, 02:44 PM

I think this may be one of your worst posts ever. Who did Bill Belichick draft as his QB of the future? Answer: Ryan Mallett, who is one of the least mobile QB's I have ever seen.

Que your ridiculous answer: Something like "when it's all said and done we'll trade Tebow for Mallett, and Belichick will once again prove be the genius he is". FYI: Belichick is a defensive coach. He not this offensive genius you've convinced yourself he is in order to justify your insane theories.

I wish we could still have sigs, as I'd have your quote "I believe Cam Newton was the weak link in Auburn's offense" That's pure gold right there, and says everything that needs to be said about your advanced football "knowledge" Dyer is a really good RB, so Cam was the week link. riiight... I can't believe I just wasted my time responding to you. I'll turn a negative into a positive by reading your goofy as*ed response, and skip all of your future posts if it's bad enough.

NUB
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
[Fox] doesn't want to bench Orton because he knows Orton will go south on him in a contract year.

wut

jhns
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM
wut

It seems to say that Orton is going down on Fox when he is benched. Fox isn't benching him because he likes women.

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 03:11 PM
I think this may be one of your worst posts ever. Who did Bill Belichick draft as his QB of the future? Answer: Ryan Mallett, who is one of the least mobile QB's I have ever seen.

You are really not bright.. what do mallet and Tebow have in common? They were both really good college players who are dramatically under-valued for various reasons. They may be different kinds of QBs but they are both potentially good to great NFL QBs if not for certain perceived issues.

And as has been shown Beli has a system that makes his immobile good pocket passer look much better than he is.. Beli can win with guys like Brady and Mallet.. he just needs a great defense to do it. Which is his forte. That's how they won in the past.

And Beli may have even drafted Mallet to trade for Tebow knowing Denver might want a conventional QB for him.. I mentioned this here on this board long ago..

Que your ridiculous answer: Something like "when it's all said and done we'll trade Tebow for Mallett, and Belichick will once again prove be the genius he is". FYI: Belichick is a defensive coach. He not this offensive genius you've convinced yourself he is in order to justify your insane theories.

So then why does this great defensive coach have one of the most innovative offensive systems around? Going to Florida and picking the brain of a offensive guru like Urban Meyer?

I wish we could still have sigs, as I'd have your quote "I believe Cam Newton was the weak link in Auburn's offense" That's pure gold right there, and says everything that needs to be said about your advanced football "knowledge"

He is now at Carolina.. have you seen their record? Their offense is playing great and he still can't win. His coaches have carried him juts like in college.. I said the same thing about Bradford when people were raving about him last season.. surprise surprise... he even has a great offensive coach in McD and still sucks.

Dyer is a really good RB, so Cam was the week link. riiight... I can't believe I just wasted my time responding to you. I'll turn a negative into a positive by reading your goofy as*ed response, and skip all of your future posts if it's bad enough.

If you have a QB that can't pass and would get injured if not for his great team.. and they still win.. how can he not be considered the weak link? WTF do you think he was playing in junior college and let go by Florida?

Keep drinking the kool-aid.. see how far it gets you. Hell.. Cam's stength was supposed to be his running and Tebow who was supposed to suck as a runner has kicked Cam's butt in that department in his starts and under far worse circumstances.. Tebow even got his win against a much much much better QB.

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 04:19 PM
My eyes are bleeding from the stupidity.

Your eyes are bleeding from acute pink eye.

cabronco
10-05-2011, 04:23 PM

(Right to left)
= 1 + 2 + 4
= 7

You're correct. I was thinking about the voltage usually assigned to 1, which is considered +5. So 5+5+5= 15.

Cleo McDowell
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
LOLLOLI think it actually goes more like this:

Elway: John, what do you think about Tebow?

(They do not move.)

GreatBronco16
10-05-2011, 04:37 PM
He is now at Carolina.. have you seen their record? Their offense is playing great and he still can't win.

Do you have any idea how stupid that sentence is?

MacGruder
10-05-2011, 04:41 PM
Do you have any idea how stupid that sentence is?

So you think an offense can't play great inspite of a bad QB and sill lose? Do you have any idea how stupid that is after watching Orton last season? And NO one wants to trade for him?

Orton put up Dan Marino numbers and people in the media think he is a good QB.. yet no team wants him.. except Fox of course.. lol

Huck The Fuskers
10-05-2011, 04:47 PM

That's the way I see it.Great post, I agree! I am getting so tired of people saying that Tebow isn't ready or...the line needs to trust him to help him. How the hell can they when he doesn't play! I love Woody Paige's columns and have for years. Not the biggest Dan Reeves fan either BUT he made some great points about Tebow.

Archer81
10-05-2011, 04:57 PM

(Right to left)
= 1 + 2 + 4
= 7

http://tinyurl.com/knjvs3

:Broncos:

teknic
10-06-2011, 12:27 AM
It seems to say that Orton is going down on Fox when he is benched. Fox isn't benching him because he likes women.

Hilarious!

hambone13
10-06-2011, 01:25 AM

I think it goes unnoticed that Orton is such a "team" guy that he and Tebow can't get along. We forget that two guys battling it out for a position think they should both be the "one". Who in that role is going to "believe" someone else should be there? I find it more relevant that if KO is such a team guy, he would talk about and exemplify his blatant weaknesses. I think he's a quiet politician in the locker room. He's looking for his contract....Tebow just wants to play. Orton's got the heart of a politician. Tebow has the heart of a champ. I wouldn't be surprised, if the FO asked him to, Tebow would surrender his bonus for this year, just to show it. "Put me on the field. I'll earn it."

Orton's just getting paid. It's not to say that he doesn't deserve a pay check as he has put in the time but now he's wading in his political mediocrity. Thanks KO, your professionalism has cost us......well that doesn't matter.

I have not proof for this other than what one might see on the field.

MacGruder
10-06-2011, 01:37 AM
We forget that two guys battling it out for a position think they should be the "one". Who in that role is going to "believe" someone else should be there?

I just think that if Orton was honest with himself he would realize that no matter where he goes he is going to be in the same situation he is in in Denver. Someone said this in the media recently.. Orton is a decent QB.. but WHERE EVER he goes the fans are always going to want someone better.

So here Orton is now in this situation and he has Tebow who is a PERFECT complement to his own skils. They BOTH perfectly complement each other as a QB tandem. And let's face it.. it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for one QB to stay healthy throughout a season each season now days. Having 2 solid QBs that perfectly complement each other seems to be a GREAT solution to the problems of this era. I think this kind of thing is long overdue in the NFL. We should see much more of this in the NFL. It's just a matter of time before it is embraced.. why not now?

If Orton PREVENTED the tension rather than CREATED it I don't even think there would be an issue and this would have happened naturally.. because like you said Tebow doesn't have an ego and wouldn't be threatened by sharing playing time with a QB.. especially if that helped his development and it allowed them to win.

hambone13
10-06-2011, 01:59 AM
I just think that if Orton was honest with himself he would realize that no matter where he goes he is going to be in the same situation he is in in Denver. Someone said this in the media recently.. Orton is a decent QB.. but WHERE EVER he goes the fans are always going to want someone better.

So here Orton is now in this situation and he has Tebow who is a PERFECT complement to his own skils. They BOTH perfectly complement each other as a QB tandem. And let's face it.. it is almost IMPOSSIBLE for one QB to stay healthy throughout a season each season now days. Having 2 solid QBs that perfectly complement each other seems to be a GREAT solution to the problems of this era. I think this kind of thing is long overdue in the NFL. We should see much more of this in the NFL. It's just a matter of time before it is embraced.. why not now?

If Orton PREVENTED the tension rather than CREATED it I don't even think there would be an issue and this would have happened naturally.. because like you said Tebow doesn't have an ego and wouldn't be threatened by sharing playing time with a QB.. especially if that helped his development and it allowed them to win.

I believe that a starting QB should be practiced and played regularly as such. There are too many elements to the NFL game regarding timing and system to disregard that fact. I agree to what I think you're getting at, that Tebow could compliment the offense, especially in RZ situations in tandem. The idea of two quarterbacks actually playing in tandem, throughout a normal offense is ludicrous.

What I was alluding to in my post is more along the lines of, "Orton is vying for his job politically." If he was truly a "Team Guy", as many would like to promote, he would speak for replacing his lack of talent for talent because he's a Bronco and he wants us to win, because he's a Bronco.

MacGruder
10-06-2011, 03:16 AM
I believe that a starting QB should be practiced and played regularly as such. There are too many elements to the NFL game regarding timing and system to disregard that fact. I agree to what I think you're getting at, that Tebow could compliment the offense, especially in RZ situations in tandem. The idea of two quarterbacks actually playing in tandem, throughout a normal offense is ludicrous.

Why is it ludicrous? In a basketball game you have a starting point guard and a point guard coming off the bench.. how is it any different? I just think people in the NFL are so conditioned to think things can only be done one wya they don't even consider them being done differently.. rather than realizing that doing things different can actually be a benefit.

What I was alluding to in my post is more along the lines of, "Orton is vying for his job politically." If he was truly a "Team Guy", as many would like to promote, he would speak for replacing his lack of talent for talent because he's a Bronco and he wants us to win, because he's a Bronco.

Yeah, I agree. I think he even plays in such a way ensure saving his job that is actually detrimental to the team. He plays so conservatively to avoid mistakes because he knows it will give his critics fuel. And his lack of aggression ensures they lose.

tsiguy96
10-06-2011, 03:27 AM
Why is it ludicrous? In a basketball game you have a starting point guard and a point guard coming off the bench.. how is it any different? I just think people in the NFL are so conditioned to think things can only be done one wya they don't even consider them being done differently.. rather than realizing that doing things different can actually be a benefit.

damn baja i actually agree with you.

cutthemdown
10-06-2011, 04:13 AM
Its only a matter of time before Orton gets dinged and Tebow gets his shot. Or we will be 2-8 at some point and even Fox will be sick of it.

cutthemdown
10-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Its hard to have 2 different qbs play because the passing game is so much about timing. Its not like baseball where you bring in a different pitcher, or basketball when the point guard takes a breather.

cutthemdown
10-06-2011, 04:15 AM
Remember the tommy maddox, shawn moore debacle. My brother, a die hard raider fan would scream maddamoore, maddamoore! ugggg dark days.

MacGruder
10-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Its hard to have 2 different qbs play because the passing game is so much about timing. Its not like baseball where you bring in a different pitcher, or basketball when the point guard takes a breather.

That is an issue.. but I think that the benefits of having 2 such completely different types of QBs would totally offset that issue.

We have also seen backup QBs come in and play very well with no prep time as well. Like both Matt Cassel and Brady with the Pats. Kerry Collins and Vince Young.

I think Tebow and Orton are a much better version of Vince and Collins..

Remember the tommy maddox, shawn moore debacle. My brother, a die hard raider fan would scream maddamoore, maddamoore! ugggg dark days.

This is the problem with people in the NFL though.. if something isn't an instant huge success people don't think it can work.. and forget there are different eras where different methods are necessary. Tebow and Chris Leak were a great tandem. It can be done. Imagine if they had played multiple seasons together and Tebow was more experienced as well. They could have been completely dominant.. maybe even more dominant than Tebow was by himself.

Think of it like the military - war. You have our normal troops for the less important battles.. but when you are trying to take out the most important threat you use your most lethal well trained elite soldiers.. like the Navy Seals etc. You could use you Orton and other runners more against weaker opponents.. and then your tougher opponents you use Tebow more.