PDA

View Full Version : Brett Favre is an A** H***

supermanhr9
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7061578/brett-favre-asks-why-aaron-rodgers-super-bowl-title-ring-took-long

Of course he has to say something like this. Personally if I could take Favre in his prime or Aaron Rodgers, I'm drafting Aaron Rodgers for my imaginary dynasty team.

I sense some jealousy from the old man here.

shovelpass#30
10-05-2011, 08:33 AM
It will be weird when Favre is inducted into the HoF - and he surely will be. Who is going to be cheering for him?

supermanhr9
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Good Point. I think generally Green Bay will always care for him for the years of success he put in there... but it seems pretty evident that small town has moved on completely from the Favre era and is 100% behind Rodgers.

A good analogy would be Elway going over to the Jets then the Raiders... what would Denver have done?

Pony Boy
10-05-2011, 08:39 AM
Favre said:

"He just kind of fell into a good situation. On top of that, he's a good player. I don't think there's any pressure on him now, the talent around him is even better than when I was there".

I don't see anything wrong with that statement other than I would say excellent not good player. Rogers was drafted #24 to the Packers and played behind Favre, I would say he fell ito a good position and the talent around him is great.

strafen
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Why is he an a-hole?
I hate the guy as much as the next person, but I don't see anything wrong saying it like it actually is without trying to be political correct.
You guys just like to dig drama out of anywhere you think you can find it...

t-diddy
10-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Why is he an a-hole?
I hate the guy as much as the next person, but I don't see anything wrong saying it like it actually is without trying to be political correct.
You guys just like to dig drama out of anywhere you think you can find it...

He's an a-hole because he's diminishing Rogers accomplishments while at the same time trying to take credit for them. Its a dick move from a classless dick of a person.

Drunk Monkey
10-05-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes he is a dick and no one likes him. We all know that, having said that if this turns into a story ,and I am sure it will, it is the same kind of manufactures taken out of context garbage crap that keeps the Kardashians in the lime light. Much ado about nothing.

Flex Gunmetal
10-05-2011, 09:59 AM
He's an a-hole because he's diminishing Rogers accomplishments while at the same time trying to take credit for them. Its a dick move from a classless dick of a person.

Did you hear the clip? I did this morning, and the only questionable thing Farve did was call Rodgers very good, instead of great.

People get worked up over the dumbest sht without informing themselves.

Pick Six
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Did you even read the article? He wasn't trying to take credit for anything. There are a lot of reasons to dislike Favre, but this article isn't one of them...

Favre has said previously that it wasn't his job to mentor his understudies, and had acknowledged some friction with Rodgers, but also that their relationship improved.

maher_tyler
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what he said...of course though, since it was said about Rodgers and the Packers, it gets blown way out of proportion.

Aftermath
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Brett Favre is the most overrated PLAYER of ALL-TIME.

Bigdawg26
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
It's funny how Peyton gets crap for only winning one superbowl and considered only a good regular season QB. While Farve, who only owns every record because he playied so many games, is considered better than Elway when he has only won one superbowl himself.

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 11:18 AM
I heard Favre is thinking about retiring.

Drunk Monkey
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
It's funny how Peyton gets crap for only winning one superbowl and considered only a good regular season QB. While Farve, who only owns every record because he playied so many games, is considered better than Elway when he has only won one superbowl himself.

By who?

Farve has most of the records but that is only because he played the longest. I think most people still evaluate the position by SB rings.

Dedhed
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
His only surprise was that Rodgers didn't do it sooner? Really. He likely would have if the Packers had the guts to admit that Favre was well passed his prime, and that it was time to move towards the future.

Bigdawg26
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
He's the media's golden boy not named Tom Brady!

supermanhr9
10-05-2011, 11:30 AM
His only surprise was that Rodgers didn't do it sooner? Really. He likely would have if the Packers had the guts to admit that Favre was well passed his prime, and that it was time to move towards the future.

Exactly.... Favre does anything he can get get back into the spotlight. Don't blame the media for this, he's the one that feeds the flame.

Ask yourself this, why even go there? He couldn't stop his arrogance from interfering.

I agree, most overrated QB of ALL TIME. Would still take any of the following QB's over him in the "Best of all time list":

(Not necessarily in this order, just saying these guys better all time than Favre)

Montana
Elway
Marino
P. Manning
Brady
S. Young
Bradshaw
Unitas
(Then and just maybe) Favre

Would definitely toy with dropping him out of the top 10, but his stupid records keep him in there even though he is behind all fo these guys in my opinion.

Houshyamama
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
This is not a big deal.

broncosteven
10-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Farver should be thanking his Kick returner and Reggie White for winning him a SB. Farver was about to give that game away to the Pat's until the KR for a TD.

orng&blu
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
I found nothing that Farve said offensive in any way. If anyone in the segment was offensive its that miniature d i c k steven a smith, that guy has a HUGE inferiority complex. Anytime that guy is there to make his comments, i change channels.

Bronco Yoda
10-05-2011, 11:57 AM
There's a lot of things to hate on about BF but this interview isn't one of them. Everything he said was true.

Drama, Drama, Drama....

DENVERDUI55
10-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I heard the interview and didn't think anything bad was said. This is picking pepper out of fly ****.

TDmvp
10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Brett Farve ( yes i spelled it wrong) is a douche bag .

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/6411/favrewranglersmall1.jpg

Miss I.
10-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Ehhh, he was a little passive aggressive with the implication that Rodgers is only so so and got to the Superbowl only because his supporting cast was good. Is it being made into a bigger deal than it is, sure it is, but that's as much the media liking to feed on Favre as it is Favre. They want there to be drama between Rodgers and Favre and whose to say there isn't some resentment by Favre, but it's not so bad once stopped listening to the ESPN video which was way over the top. The Mike and Mike thing had a better take.

My take is Aaron Rodgers is much better than just good, he's a great QB, but not sure what anyone is expecting Favre to say. He is not going to say Aaron is better than he is, not gonna happen. I like Aaron better because he is amazing to watch (even as he slaughters my team, sigh) and he carries himself pretty well in interviews. He seems more grounded, though who is to say that in 15 years he won't be a little less grounded too.

bendog
10-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Ehhh, he was a little passive aggressive with the implication that Rodgers is only so so and got to the Superbowl only because his supporting cast was good. Is it being made into a bigger deal than it is, sure it is, but that's as much the media liking to feed on Favre as it is Favre. They want there to be drama between Rodgers and Favre and whose to say there isn't some resentment by Favre, but it's not so bad once stopped listening to the ESPN video which was way over the top. The Mike and Mike thing had a better take.

My take is Aaron Rodgers is much better than just good, he's a great QB, but not sure what anyone is expecting Favre to say. He is not going to say Aaron is better than he is, not gonna happen. I like Aaron better because he is amazing to watch (even as he slaughters my team, sigh) and he carries himself pretty well in interviews. He seems more grounded, though who is to say that in 15 years he won't be a little less grounded too.

He also doesn't look and talk like Walter Brennan in the Real McCoys.

myMind
10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Skip really hit the nail on the head.
People have just been waiting for fuel to add the the Favre hating fire.
I think that it is pretty funny that the media and in extension a lot of fans get all butthurt for Rodgers and the Pack, when Im sure in reality the team and it's QB could care less what Favre has to say.
We are becoming a sad cynical country when people actually enjoy attacking another's character. I can tell the african american in that video had wood while he was ripping into Favre.

t-diddy
10-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Did you hear the clip? I did this morning, and the only questionable thing Farve did was call Rodgers very good, instead of great.

People get worked up over the dumbest sht without informing themselves.

I read the article posted at the top of the thread dumbass... it's not like i wasn't informed about what he said. Favre IS a dick as i stated... just ask his wife, Jenn Sterger, all of Green Bay WI, Brad Childress, and Aaron Rogers.

Flex Gunmetal
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM
I read the article posted at the top of the thread dumbass... it's not like i wasn't informed about what he said. Favre IS a dick as i stated... just ask his wife, Jenn Sterger, all of Green Bay WI, Brad Childress, and Aaron Rogers.

Yes, and in that article Favre says nothing that makes him sound like a dick. It's all true, also. Apparently you don't have the mental capacity to identify media spin.

Your thread isn't about farve being an assshole because of Jenn Sterger, Childress, or the people of Green Bay. It's about him being an assshole because of his comments on Rodgers. Which, if you were just looking for reasons to hate favre or just an all around moron, may be the conclusion you reach. Sounds like you belong firmly in both categories.

Please stop posting.

t-diddy
10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Yes, and in that article Favre says nothing that makes him sound like a dick. It's all true, also. Apparently you don't have the mental capacity to identify media spin.

Your thread isn't about farve being an assshole because of Jenn Sterger, Childress, or the people of Green Bay. It's about him being an assshole because of his comments on Rodgers. Which, if you were just looking for reasons to hate favre or just an all around moron, may be the conclusion you reach. Sounds like you belong firmly in both categories.

Please stop posting.

Its not my thread you idiot. I was commenting on the article posted in the OP. You don't have to agree... i happen to think he's is trying to take some of the credit for Rogers success and at the same time discounting it by saying he had more talent to work with. Its in the article jackass. His words not mine. My opinion of Favre (who evidently is your Dad or something) is based solely on how he acted the last few years of his career... and i'm not alone by any stretch in that opinion. I cited the other people that may not think highly of him as a person also.. its called supporting an argument. You should try it sometime.

Flex Gunmetal
10-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Its not my thread you idiot. I was commenting on the article posted in the OP. You don't have to agree... i happen to think he's is trying to take some of the credit for Rogers success and at the same time discounting it by saying he had more talent to work with. Its in the article jackass. His words not mine. My opinion of Favre (who evidently is your Dad or something) is based solely on how he acted the last few years of his career... and i'm not alone by any stretch in that opinion. I cited the other people that may not think highly of him as a person also.. its called supporting an argument. You should try it sometime.

My bad clown shoes, I got you two retards mixed up somehow.
My point was the article was a largely taken out of context and if you heard the interview he had tons of praise for rodgers. He did have a great team his last year and they've only gotten better.
I do not care for favre at all and really hope he's done for good.

ozomulsion
10-05-2011, 03:51 PM
WOW :( Too many people around here overreact just as bad as the media. Thing is, that's their job.

hambone13
10-05-2011, 03:59 PM

I'd rather drink beers and go to the nudy bar with Brett but I'd rather have AR on my team. BF was just fun to watch because he did so many unconventional things.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2011, 04:31 PM
I found nothing that Farve said offensive in any way. If anyone in the segment was offensive its that miniature d i c k steven a smith, that guy has a HUGE inferiority complex. Anytime that guy is there to make his comments, i change channels.

Seriously. I ****ing hate Smith.

t-diddy
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
My bad clown shoes, I got you two retards mixed up somehow.
My point was the article was a largely taken out of context and if you heard the interview he had tons of praise for rodgers. He did have a great team his last year and they've only gotten better.
I do not care for favre at all and really hope he's done for good.

Clown shoes lol...

Yeah, i didn't listen to the interview, was just commenting on the article.

gunns
10-05-2011, 06:23 PM
Brett Favre is the most overrated PLAYER of ALL-TIME.

This. It sounded exactly like something Favre would say. Asked about Rodgers and says he's surprised he didn't do it sooner because of all the talent around him. Anybody who has followed Favre's career would know this was said by him without being told.

TomServo
10-08-2011, 02:53 AM
toss out elways rookie year and favres drunk rookie years and elway took his teams and played in 1/3 of the superbowls in his time, Way overlapping favre.
even when he was a sposed mature QB favre found a Way to keep his team-packers,jets,vikings out of the superbowl.
favres main thing was staying on the field-Luck or toughness whatever. i was a favre fan after elway retired but he was such a dumbass in championship games....

BlueandOrange32
10-08-2011, 05:09 AM
He totally screwwed the Packers franchise, and if I were a fan of the Packers I would be very offended how he didnt care about them.....at all. Not at all.

He kept Ted Thompson in the dark about his intentions for sevral years. The Packers drafted a QB for the future, due to how Favre would talk about retiring. It wasnt just that last year....where he actually announced it. It was for like 3 consecutive years.

Then the Packers in their last year with Rodgers needed to find out what they had. Favre, never once even attempted to "groom" Rodgers and treated him along with the whole organization (that included the who fan base) with utter contempt.

He felt entitled? Why? Cause of 1996? How many stupid passes did he throw that cost the Packers pkay off games? How many times did the media let him off the hook for it? If they were anything like they were to Romo, he would have been crushed.

Instead he goes to the Jets....after Thompson was almost destoryed. Favre goes on to throw 15 ints in his last 5 games. He then blames it on his poor torn bicep. Mean while the Jets get blamed for it, and Favre gets protected. Never mind that we all know he only cared about the consecutive game thing.

Now he makes these comments? It is obvious that the success Rodgers is having is killing him. He basically is calling out Rodgers for not winning right away. its actually laughable because he's saying the team rodgers lost to Arizona which was so talented yet he said that same years vikings were the most talented team he's played on and he threw away the superbowl vs New Orleans.

I dont think I have ever seen a player that I liked do so much to destroy all of the respect I ever had for him. Packers fans ought be seething pissssed and not one of you should show up to his HOF induction. If anything, go there to booooo the ever living crap out of him.

He sure as hell didnt care about them.

Jay3
10-08-2011, 05:17 AM
Ask yourself this, why even go there? He couldn't stop his arrogance from interfering.

I agree, most overrated QB of ALL TIME. Would still take any of the following QB's over him in the "Best of all time list":

(Not necessarily in this order, just saying these guys better all time than Favre)

Montana
Elway
Marino
P. Manning
Brady
S. Young
Bradshaw
Unitas
(Then and just maybe) Favre

You forgot about some quarterback on black and white film that we've all vaguely heard of but never seen play.

SouthStndJunkie
10-08-2011, 08:18 AM
You forgot about some quarterback on black and white film that we've all vaguely heard of but never seen play.

I didn't know Sean Michaels played QB.

Rohirrim
10-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Skip really hit the nail on the head.
People have just been waiting for fuel to add the the Favre hating fire.
I think that it is pretty funny that the media and in extension a lot of fans get all butthurt for Rodgers and the Pack, when Im sure in reality the team and it's QB could care less what Favre has to say.
We are becoming a sad cynical country when people actually enjoy attacking another's character. I can tell the african american in that video had wood while he was ripping into Favre.

Awww, it's so sweet to see your Farve love making you all weepy. Drop him an email of support. Maybe he'll send you a picture of his dick.

DarkHorse30
10-08-2011, 10:32 AM
Favre stayed around long enough to get every record.....and then wouldn't leave, and he's still hanging around. He wants the attention. Read what Rodney Harrison had to say yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822eabb3/article/harrison-favre-doesnt-have-a-reason-to-hate-on-rodgers?module=HP11_headline_stack

best quote:"Let's not get it twisted about Favre," Harrison added. "He's jealous, he's a player-hater. Rodgers, keep doing your thing, don't let this guy get under your skin."

BTW since is it SD week - SD releasing Harrison in 2002 (in the prime of his career) was the dumbest thing they ever did in the history of the franchise. As EVERY Bronco fans knows, All-pro safeties do not grow on trees

ozomulsion
10-08-2011, 10:33 AM
Awww, it's so sweet to see your Farve love making you all weepy. Drop him an email of support. Maybe he'll send you a picture of his dick.

So obviously you are one of the cynical people who enjoy attacking people's character in order to make yourself feel better. I would make sexual comment about you and good ole Steven A, but then I'd be no better than either of you.

ozomulsion
10-08-2011, 10:36 AM
Favre stayed around long enough to get every record.....and then wouldn't leave, and he's still hanging around. He wants the attention. Read what Rodney Harrison had to say yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822eabb3/article/harrison-favre-doesnt-have-a-reason-to-hate-on-rodgers?module=HP11_headline_stack

best quote:"Let's not get it twisted about Favre," Harrison added. "He's jealous, he's a player-hater. Rodgers, keep doing your thing, don't let this guy get under your skin."

BTW since is it SD week - SD releasing Harrison in 2002 (in the prime of his career) was the dumbest thing they ever did in the history of the franchise. As EVERY Bronco fans knows, All-pro safeties do not grow on trees

I don't disagree, but that is a bold statement considering the franchise you're speaking about.

Rohirrim
10-08-2011, 10:38 AM
So obviously you are one of the cynical people who enjoy attacking people's character in order to make yourself feel better. I would make sexual comment about you and good ole Steven A, but then I'd be no better than either of you.

I never do things unprovoked. Closedmind doesn't have the guts to argue issues on the board and instead just neg reps me over and over. He's a gutless punk.

Who's Steven A?

SimonFletcher73
10-08-2011, 10:45 AM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Gu_7h3TOhEc/SyspOQBTssI/AAAAAAAAA0A/9JfQTfcrFDM/s400/graham_200.jpg

ozomulsion
10-08-2011, 11:10 AM
I never do things unprovoked. Closedmind doesn't have the guts to argue issues on the board and instead just neg reps me over and over. He's a gutless punk.

Who's Steven A?

Oh my. Haha Yesterday I hear about the Rev doling out neg reps to teach some kind of lesson. It was way over my head, as I'm not a superior brick layer or whatever. Today I hear about this guy. Man, back when I used to drink and post . I had a lot of disagreements with folks, and sometimes it got heated. No neg Reps were handed out by me or my opponents. I'd like to think it doesn't happen much, but I was wrong. :stupid:

By the way: Steven A = Steven A Smith = Knowitall :alghh: :thumbsdow

Arkie
10-09-2011, 09:49 AM
Here's a look back at Mike Nolan's first big decision.

–Straight from the Mercury News web vault, from the newspaper of April 22, 2005.

Publication: SAN JOSE MERCURY NEWS

Reporter: TIM KAWAKAMI column

Published: Friday, 4/22/2005

–Sometimes, you have to close your eyes, put a cell-phone block on the murmuring NFL muckrakers and draft with your gut.

Hey, 49ers brain trust: Be brave. Be simple. Draft Aaron Rodgers.

OK, selecting Rodgers with Saturday’s No. 1 overall pick — or trading down just enough to still get the ultra-productive Cal quarterback — might not be the trendy, “SportsCenter”-sanctioned move.

But picking Rodgers, a red-hot commodity a week ago but now almost forgotten in the Alex Smith/Braylon Edwards hype parade, is the right move for today and especially for the next decade.

Because sometimes, all the latest gossip is wrong and you’re right. (Akili Smith was a hot-gossip pick. So was Tony Mandarich.)

Sometimes, the choice immediately in front of you, the local kid dying to play for you, is the perfect choice.

Sometimes, you don’t have to prove that you’re as smart as everybody else; you shouldn’t worry that Jon Gruden loves Smith or that SportsIllustrated.com has downgraded Rodgers 11 times in the past three minutes; sometimes, being wise means remembering how dumb everybody else can be.

Draft Rodgers.

Sometimes, yes, even Mark Purdy gets it wrong, especially now that he’s distracted by his advanced film study for the upcoming 2006-07 NHL replacement-player allocation draft.

(His quasi-beloved, strike-breaking Los Tiburones de Substitucion?)

The Purd Man, whom I trust for restaurant recommendations and South Bay driving directions but not necessarily with $20 million draft decisions, says the 49ers should take Edwards, the Michigan receiver, or move down for some other non-quarterback.

But the 49ers desperately need a QB. You can’t win unless you have something serviceable at QB, which the 49ers do not.

Now is the time to get one, when they have No. 1, and they’d better pray they’re never on top of the draft board like this again soon. They can get a game-breaking receiver any old year, even this year in the second round.

So, in the QB market, you have Smith, who wants huge money and probably will stage a long holdout. You have everybody flocking to the lesser-armed Smith, who played in a gimmick offense at Utah and, despite his obvious brain power, will take at least a year to adapt to the NFL game.

If I thought Smith were the next Peyton Manning, or even Eli Manning, fine, take him, then hold tight. But Smith is more like the next Chad Pennington (high side) or Matt Hasselbeck (low side).

On the other hand, you have Rodgers, who won’t hold out, who has an NFL arm and who, in my opinion, is a superior product to any of the previous Jeff Tedford pupils who have been drafted high and then produced low.

Don’t get cute. Draft Rodgers.

Rodgers is like the Drew Brees of 2004 (high side) or the Drew Brees of 2003 (low side).

Sure, Rodgers’ stock has fallen the past few days, but based on . . . what? Because his agent doesn’t have NFL insiders on his speed-dial? Because Smith has had ESPN cameras following him this week? (In that case, maybe Barry Bonds reporter Pedro Gomez deserves a second-day look.)

Because Rodgers is cocky? (I thought that was good for a QB.) Because Rodgers is signable? (This is one time I will not accuse the 49ers of doing something just because it’s cheaper.)

According to the rumors, Rodgers has dropped out of the top three; no, top five; no, maybe he’ll plummet all the way out of the top 15, top 20, top 25; heck, is the World League supplemental draft still available?

No, no, no, no, I say. Stop the silliness. I know this is Mike Nolan and Scot McCloughan’s first draft — and a nervous one it must be.

But the path is clear: Draft Rodgers.

OK, now that it’s late in the column and probably only M.P. and John York have read this far, I can add my 49ers Ultimate First-round Draft Plan:

1. Go ahead, do what Purdy says, and draft Edwards No. 1.

2. Wait to see how far Rodgers drops; if he gets past No. 10, swoop in and trade next year’s Nos. 1 and 2 picks for the slot that gets you Rodgers. Take him.

3. Trade this year’s pick at the top of Round 2 for some desperate team’s No. 1 next year.

Voila, Edwards and Rodgers and a No. 1 next year, easy as can be.

And the only big question left is to find a power player to settle the NHL labor horrors.

My obvious answer:

Draft Purdy.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawakami/2009/11/20/the-49ers-fateful-choice-my-aaron-rodgers-or-alex-smith-column-from-april-2005/