PDA

View Full Version : A fan's farewell.

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 06:44 PM
Not me - sorry Ha!

http://www.milehighreport.com/2011/10/4/2468899/a-fans-farewell

Long fan post made on MHR - I won't quote the whole thing - click on the link.

Maybe Tebow doesn't have the best throwing mechanics. Maybe Tebow isn't as accurate as Orton when throwing the football. But it's the excitement he brings that most of us are interested in. It's the passion and drive to succeed that makes us want a guy like Tebow as our quarterback. I feel for the millions of Broncos fans who will never see Tebow lead this team to a Super Bowl. They deserve to see the product they want on the field. After all, we're the customers who support this business. It's been a dark time in Denver since Elway left. I don't see the fire or passion we had during those unbelievable times. I'll always love football, and will never forget the great times I had as a Bronco's fan. However, after Orton threw the pick-6 on Sunday, my son got up and left to play video games. I sat and imagined how, if Tebow was playing, we might be having a good time, giving each other high-fives everytime he made a play. Instead, I was destined to watch the game alone, hoping Fox would have the common sense to play our greatest weapon (yeah, I said it). Sunday night, I came to the realization football was a business that wasn't about the fans/customers. Football is about egos. Football is about money. But football is never about common sense, and it certainly isn't about the fans. With that said, I'd like to thank the MHR community for holding my interests for more than a decade. Having to watch the Broncos fall into the abyss since Elway left, I don't know what I would have done without the MHR . Now that Elway is back (in a suit), it's sad that I must leave. I've decided it's more important for me to hang out with my son, then spend my Sundays watching the Broncos lose, alone. The excitement has been gone for years. The hope has been lost for more than a decade. While many of us had finally found hope in Tebow, they took that away from us. I don't care about the reasoning, or who's on the right side of history. It's just time for me to admit that football has lost it's way. I'll always see football as it was during the era of Elway. I'll never forget how after beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl, Bowlen lifted the trophy and said "This one's for YOU!" Thanks for the memories, Broncos fans. You truly are the best fans on the planet. Good luck, and I wish you all the best.

Bronx33
10-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Tebow lead this team to a Super Bowl

done............

oubronco
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

OBF1
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM
okay

Blueflame
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Can you say "drama queen"? Wow...

That One Guy
10-04-2011, 06:51 PM
Haha... People think it's for the fans. If you get stuck in history, don't be upset when you realize it and find yourself stuck in the past.

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM

I can see some of his points, but giving up all together? Madness.

TheReverend
10-04-2011, 06:52 PM
And you guys call me "ruthless" ::)

TailgateNut
10-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Bawahahahaha.......another wagon jumper fell off......

Rabb
10-04-2011, 06:53 PM

no joke, I mean I might get pissed a lot but for ****s sake...publicly announcing that you aren't going to be a fan anymore is tippy top of the sandy vagina honor roll

Mr.Meanie
10-04-2011, 06:56 PM
I wonder how many Detroit fans gave up and wrote sob-story goodbye posts during the Millen era? Football is cyclical, and the game is designed to have some bad years followed by good years. Look at the Bills, the Lions, the Hawks, etc. The only possible exception is maybe the Raiders, who have turned perennial losing into an art form.

Rabb
Im also a romantic and i came to tears reading this. this is by far the best fanpost i have ever read. this sums up my feelings exactly. i didn’t have a moment like this with my son like you did. but i had those same feelings watching those last three games last year. it was the same feeling i had watching elway all those years ago. tebow gives us that feeling of hope. he plays with the same emotion that all us fans have for the Broncos. im right there on the edge with ya buddy. i just watched you jump over and there are a lot of us ready to jump with ya.

I want to punch this person in the cockarooni....I am just stunned that people are acting like children with this

man, this really put my personal bitching in perspective

enjolras
Something about rats and a sinking ship springs to mind:)

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
his son is a pussy....

if I got up and left every time the Broncos fell behind when Elway was in uniform I would have missed some of the best games I ever had the previlege to watch

oh, and maybe he can play video games and talk about Halo with his son on Sundays....at least he can avoid having the birds and the bees talk with the little dork

Houshyamama
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Well, it does suck to be a Broncos fan right now. We have a very bad, and very boring team.

That being said, if you can't hang in through the tough times you won't enjoy the good times as much. It's not about winning as a fan, you can't control the outcome of the game. The superiority complex of some Pats fans is laughable, they personally have NOTHING to do with how good their team is. Being a fan is about sticking it out through the tough times, through the valleys, so when you get to the top of the mountain it looks even higher by comparison.

Blueflame
10-04-2011, 06:58 PM
no joke, I mean I might get pissed a lot but for ****s sake...publicly announcing that you aren't going to be a fan anymore is tippy top of the sandy vagina honor roll

Well, and if you're gonna leave, just leave.... there's no need to go long-windedly explaining why. A post like that just makes one look like an attention ho insisting "it's about ME!!!....that wants to be talked "off the ledge".

Reaction to something like that is never positive ("oh please don't go..."); it's always "so leave already".

Rabb
10-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I wonder how many Detroit fans gave up and wrote sob-story goodbye posts during the Millen era? Football is cyclical, and the game is designed to have some bad years followed by good years. Look at the Bills, the Lions, the Hawks, etc. The only possible exception is maybe the Raiders, who have turned perennial losing into an art form.

You know, one of my very good friends is a Raiders fan and I will give the guy credit...he never once gave up on them through all of the stupid crap they went through. Sure, he took a lot of ribbing (which I am now taking from him) but when you're a fan, you're a fan.

I hope to be that old bastard that is sitting at a bar watching Denver dominate and saying to the 20 year old kid next to me "you should have seen us with McDaniels..." and get the collective "ooohhhhhh" like I just claimed I shot Bin Laden

Jesus, what babies

Houshyamama
10-04-2011, 07:01 PM
You know, one of my very good friends is a Raiders fan and I will give the guy credit...he never once gave up on them through all of the stupid crap they went through. Sure, he took a lot of ribbing (which I am now taking from him) but when you're a fan, you're a fan.

I hope to be that old bastard that is sitting at a bar watching Denver dominate and saying to the 20 year old kid next to me "you should have seen us with McDaniels..." and get the collective "ooohhhhhh" like I just claimed I shot Bin Laden

Jesus, what babies

Remember when Elway tried to fix things? Ha!

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 07:02 PM
Remember when Elway tried to fix things? Ha!

ROFL!

DHallblows
10-04-2011, 07:05 PM
Way too much kindness and understanding from the responses. I'm just glad, for his sake, that he doesn't post on the mane...we woulda torn him a new a-hole

Vegas_Bronco
10-04-2011, 07:06 PM
I gave up being a fan of the Broncos after they lost all those damn super bowls...yet, I still find myself here.

The idiom seems however of American origin; its earliest known example is in a publication called the "Massachusetts Spy" for 14 June 1815: "I kept a stiff upper lip, and bought [a] license to sell my goods."

broncocalijohn
And you guys call me "ruthless" ::)

He is from a different board so wail away.

I just want this guy to take Punisher and show how you keep your word and leave when you announced you would. Actually, maybe Punisher is better than this guy if he actually does stay away. Punisher does stick around during this bad times.... I just wish he would leave this board.

Chris
All I will say is don't blame video games.

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Way too much kindness and understanding from the responses. I'm just glad, for his sake, that he doesn't post on the mane...we woulda torn him a new a-hole

Man I wish he'd posted it over here. It would have been epic.

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 07:11 PM

It would have rivaled the South Carolina/girlfriend thread for most ruthless responses

rbackfactory80
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Good for him. What is the sense in watching? I can tell you what will happen this week right now.

Orton will throw two picks squarely into defenders chest. One of them will probably be a defensive lineman. We will move the ball well between the 20's and unfortunately score probably only one touchdown in five redzone attempts. The Chargers will throw the ball all over us. Von Miller will have a sack. We will lose by 20 points. Everyone will come back here to commence bitching for the next two weeks until we lose again.

This scenario is definitely not worth missing the growth of one of your children.

Can't wait for Sunday.

DHallblows
10-04-2011, 07:15 PM
Seriously. My mouth is watering

Binkythefrog
10-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I find that guy to be pretty embarrassing for a Broncos "fan". Can you ever imagine a Packers fan saying they will stop rooting for team even if they have sucked for 5 years?

The Broncos are a part of my identity. Everyone who is good friends with me, my family, and my co workers know that I'm a Broncos fan. I feel like part of a greater community of people when I watch the game and when I see a game in person. Being from Colorado, I feel pride when I see my hometown team do well, and feel bad when they don't as I feel like it reflects poorly on Colorado. Giving up on fandom seems to me to be giving up on part of your identity.

Of course its only a small part of us (because as others have said, we have no control over the outcome), but I don't understand people who just run away from the Broncos. You get frustrated, pissed off and you obviously don't want it to be the main source of your identity, but at the end of the day, its a part of all of us.

For some the Broncos are such a small part of their sense of self that its no big deal because they barely follow the team, but I find it crazy that someone who is passionate enough to take the time to type up such a long post wants to stop rooting for their team.

Sorry for the over the top thinking about this, but these times only make me more excited for the good times when the Broncos are winners again.

DBroncos4life
10-04-2011, 07:21 PM
I can't wait till a Bronco fan breaks up with the Broncos via a billboard.

Popps
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Good for him. What is the sense in watching? I can tell you what will happen this week right now.

Orton will throw two picks squarely into defenders chest. One of them will probably be a defensive lineman. We will move the ball well between the 20's and unfortunately score probably only one touchdown in five redzone attempts. The Chargers will throw the ball all over us. Von Miller will have a sack. We will lose by 20 points. Everyone will come back here to commence b****ing for the next two weeks until we lose again.

This scenario is definitely not worth missing the growth of one of your children.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Hilarious!

Why the hell would anyone have to "miss the growth" of a child to catch a game? My little one watches every weekend with me. We watch for a few hours, play games, throw the ball around (she's 5)... then head outside to do something, grab ice cream, etc.

I mean, she loves "Football Sundays."

There's also this crazy new invention called Tivo.

But, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Trust me, no one's going to miss this guy.

uplink
10-04-2011, 07:23 PM
W if you can't hang in through the tough times you won't enjoy the good times as much.

Yeah that 1st superbowl win over GB was so special after watching all of those superbowl losses. When Elway dove and did that helicopter spin, that was when you knew the broncos were finally about to win one. Kind of interesting that this was the play that put the broncos and Elway over the top.

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 07:25 PM

Orton will throw two picks squarely into defenders chest. One of them will probably be a defensive lineman. We will move the ball well between the 20's and unfortunately score probably only one touchdown in five redzone attempts. The Chargers will throw the ball all over us. Von Miller will have a sack. We will lose by 20 points. Everyone will come back here to commence b****ing for the next two weeks until we lose again.

Can't wait for Sunday.

Sadly, at this point we are that damned predictable.

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 07:26 PM
Hilarious!

Why the hell would anyone have to "miss the growth" of a child to catch a game? My little one watches every weekend with me. We watch for a few hours, play games, throw the ball around (she's 5)... then head outside to do something, grab ice cream, etc.

But, don't let the door hit you in the ass. Trust me, no one's going to miss this guy.

having a kid would completely throw off my Sundays which consist of drinking from 10am to 2am with stops at strip clubs

but I guess we all have to grow up eventually

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Yeah that 1st superbowl win over GB was so special after watching all of those superbowl losses. When Elway dove and did that helicopter spin, that was when you know the broncos were finally about to win one.

I still didn't believe it until Mobley knocked down the 4th down pass....it was such a bad sign when Atwater knocked out half of our secondary with one hit on the third down play

I really thought we were in trouble after that

Rabb
10-04-2011, 07:27 PM

Can't wait for Sunday.

or maybe, most people know that raising your family is just more important than football in the first place whether we suck or not

so, him saying "hey Johnny, let's go play that catch you've been asking about for years this Sunday....daddy quit being a Broncos fan!" is the way to go?

genius

gunns
10-04-2011, 07:28 PM

That's it. This happens. No team is guaranteed a winning season every year. It just happens to be our turn. My faith in the Broncos is that this one won't be as long as some others. The greatest Bronco years were with Elway but it's over and it's just a memory. Hey at least we have those great memories. I can't imagine walking away. They've brought me great joy and I'll hang out when there isn't much joy. And I think it's the Chiefs that are the pernnial losers. Maybe a division here, a one and done, blah. Now 42 years of that would be really depressing.

rbackfactory80
10-04-2011, 07:47 PM
or maybe, most people know that raising your family is just more important than football in the first place whether we suck or not

so, him saying "hey Johnny, let's go play that catch you've been asking about for years this Sunday....daddy quit being a Broncos fan!" is the way to go?

genius

ROFL! Sure. The kid probably sees his dad sitting in his chair every Sunday looking depressed like he just witnessed a beating. Fans need a little positive feedback once in a while also.

It's sad but the expectations keep getting lower. I can't find a definite win left on the schedule. You can call that rebuilding but I find that unacceptable from what was once such a proud franchise.

**** is bad and many people just expect all fans to walk around with happy faces. It didn't just get bad this year though. If it did there would be much less pessimism. The situation is bleak and we should at least entertain some different ideas.

He'll be back, but I don't blame him. It sucks being where we are. If the Broncos can take a year off why can't he?

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 07:48 PM
ROFL! Sure. The kid probably sees his dad sitting in his chair every Sunday looking depressed like he just witnessed a beating. Fans need a little positive feedback once in a while also.

It's sad but the expectations keep getting lower. I can't find a definite win left on the schedule. You can call that rebuilding but I find that unacceptable from what was once such a proud franchise.

**** is bad and many people just expect all fans to walk around with happy faces. It didn't just get bad this year though. If it did there would be much less pessimism. The situation is bleak and we should at least entertain some different ideas.

He'll be back, but I don't blame him. It sucks being where we are. If the Broncos can take a year off why can't he?

nobody said he cant....its ridiculous to start a "look at me....mes sos unhappys"

he's a dork

Blueflame
10-04-2011, 07:52 PM
nobody said he cant....its ridiculous to start a "look at me....mes sos unhappys"

he's a dork

Yep.... that's the point. He just did the online equivalent of taping a "Kick Me" sign to his own posterior.

rbackfactory80
10-04-2011, 07:55 PM

he's a dork

It's not. Voice your opinion if you want **** to change. Just towing the line doesn't promote change. I support him because I hope his message is heard by someone that matters.

hookemhess
10-04-2011, 07:55 PM
http://i.imgur.com/1J5L3.jpg

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 08:04 PM
His profile pic is kind of disturbing:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_GGAmzDRA_BY/SoEft_-ZeMI/AAAAAAAAHGs/8a3ED3v7P5Q/s400/man-wearing-diaper.jpg

OBF1
10-04-2011, 08:05 PM
his son is a p***Y....

if I got up and left every time the Broncos fell behind when Elway was in uniform I would have missed some of the best games I ever had the previlege to watch

oh, and maybe he can play video games and talk about Halo with his son on Sundays....at least he can avoid having the birds and the bees talk with the little dork

To compare any of the Elway years to the sh it we have been watching is beyond stupid.

Blueflame
10-04-2011, 08:07 PM
It's not. Voice your opinion if you want **** to change. Just towing the line doesn't promote change. I support him because I hope his message is heard by someone that matters.

Even if his message was heard by someone that matters, the opinion of one individual fan (threatening to not watch the games on television) isn't going to make a particle of difference.

rbackfactory80
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Even if his message was heard by someone that matters, the opinion of one individual fan (threatening to not watch the games on television) isn't going to make a particle of difference.

I agree. I highly doubt he is the only long time fan fed up right now though. He starts voicing his displeasure and maybe people will follow him. Showing up on Sundays with blinders on supporting a crappy job by this organization only acts as enabling.

I live in NY so my vote doesn't count as much as someone who is able to attend home games every week. If I did live in Denver though I would not be going to the stadium to witness this crap. Voices have to be heard somehow. It's all about money and when you cut into their pockets they start to listen. Fans really have no idea how powerful they are.

vancejohnson82
10-04-2011, 08:18 PM
To compare any of the Elway years to the sh it we have been watching is beyond stupid.

to interpret what I said with this is downright retarded

Blueflame
10-04-2011, 08:44 PM
I agree. I highly doubt he is the only long time fan fed up right now though. He starts voicing his displeasure and maybe people will follow him. Showing up on Sundays with blinders on supporting a crappy job by this organization only acts as enabling.

I live in NY so my vote doesn't count as much as someone who is able to attend home games every week. If I did live in Denver though I would not be going to the stadium to witness this crap. Voices have to be heard somehow. It's all about money and when you cut into their pockets they start to listen. Fans really have no idea how powerful they are.

I'm not in Denver either... but if I were, I'd want to find a way to get tickets to every home game. And I'd cheer for the Broncos no matter what; win or lose.

maven
10-04-2011, 08:48 PM
If the Denver Broncos aren't providing you the entertainment, go do something else.

bowtown
10-04-2011, 08:50 PM
If the Denver Broncos aren't providing you the entertainment, go do something else.

But make sure to tell a lot of people first and announce it on several message boards.

Popps
10-04-2011, 09:25 PM

No one is saying he can't, he's just a fair-weather, sh#tty fan... making idiotic excuses for his sh#ttiness.

You seem to be the only one buying it. But, like I said... no one will miss you guys. Take a few years off. You deserve it. Come on back when we're in the playoffs again... and you can sport your gear like you've been here the whole time.

Later.

:wave:

houghtam
10-04-2011, 09:31 PM
No one is saying he can't, he's just a fair-weather, sh#tty fan... making idiotic excuses for his sh#ttiness.

You seem to be the only one buying it. But, like I said... no one will miss you guys. Take a few years off. You deserve it. Come on back when we're in the playoffs again... and you can sport your gear like you've been here the whole time.

Later.

Where's the 50's guy with the "Oh not this $h!t again!"

Wee woo wee woo fan police are back out again and they're en force.

That One Guy
10-04-2011, 09:34 PM
This circle jerk is hilarious. You wonder why owners are free to treat fans like **** and raise prices at will? You are exhibit A. Does the first one to jerk to completion get to be crowned the ultimate superfan?

That said, unless he was a regular explaining why he's leaving, the post is kinda lame.

Popps
10-04-2011, 10:00 PM

How is it policing?

You want to leave... leave. What's to discuss?

houghtam
10-04-2011, 10:02 PM
How is it policing?

You want to leave... leave. What's to discuss?

This thread. Is the discussion.

24champ
10-04-2011, 10:15 PM
Not me - sorry Ha!

Too long...

http://i1041.photobucket.com/albums/b411/babooomba/Reactions/tldr30rock.gif

theAPAOps5
10-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Hilarious!

Seriously, it is fun. My daughter doesn't get it, but she has a blast with me. She goes around saying Orton is pathetic now. Guess I say that a lot.

uplink
10-04-2011, 10:43 PM

You never know

DeusExManning
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
It is embarrassing to be a Bronco fan right now. Never have the fans been so profoundly ridiculous.

epicSocialism4tw
10-04-2011, 11:02 PM
It is embarrassing to be a Bronco fan right now. Never have the fans been so profoundly ridiculous.

That's what happens when your franchise becomes a loser and a joke in its own right.

DeusExManning
10-04-2011, 11:10 PM
That's what happens when your franchise becomes a loser and a joke in its own right.

That is the stuff I am talking about, a Bronco fan does not say crap like that. It gets old.

SoCalBronco
10-04-2011, 11:16 PM

Perhaps your anger would be more appropriately directed at those responsible for placing our franchise in such a state of disrepair. We're not here to simply cheerlead everything that's done. That's not how it works. We react to what we're seeing. If the product is crap (year after year), we're not going to put up with it. When people see that we have a piece of **** owner, a clown FO, and McD basically raped our existing talent base (and followed that up by largely wasting a bunch of picks) and now we're told that after all of this, we're going to start all over again from scratch then yeah....we're not going to suck the team's dick, anymore. Enough is enough. The product is garbage. It is what it is.

I'm not sure what's so ridiculous about fan anger. The whole team has been raped. What part of this are you struggling with?

Mile High Mojoe
10-04-2011, 11:51 PM
I won't defend this guy for wanting to give up the Broncos on Sunday but totally understand the frustration. Other than the 2006 season the Broncos have not really even been close to a ring since the back to backs. It's been a long dry spell of disappointing seasons.

No loyal fan expects their team to win every game or make the playoffs every year but winning championships should always be the goal regardless. So when the FO and the Coaching Staff act in a way that seems contrary to that goal fans understandably get angry and restless. I'm one of them. I'm as Diehard as they come but I'm sick of watching crappy football games week after week. I'm sick to death of watching Orton who's set to make $9 million this year play like a no account bum.

I like what I read in another thread by a fan who said that if Orton was yanked now fans would talk about and focus on the other strengths and weaknesses of the team. I agree a 100%. The QB position is the single most important position player on the team. Orton lacks leadership, talent and passion. His win loss record speaks for itself and he isnt capable of lifting this team up nor can he help carry them at crunch time. How many games does he have to lose? That said he should be removed so the team can see if Tebow is talented enough to sink or swim. If he doesn't play well what the hell have we lost? Nothing. We've actuall gained something by knowing he won't cut it. Then next season we dump them both and go in another direction. I just can't understand why we'd waste anoter game or another season watching Orton suck ass. That doesn't make this guy, me and thousands of other Broncos fans non-fans does it?

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 12:03 AM
That is the stuff I am talking about, a Bronco fan does not say crap like that. It gets old.

Its not a fault when people don't share your delusions of magical orange and blue unicorns carrying broncos magic to fairyland or broncos leprechauns prancing and dancing about in football riches at the bottom of a magical rainbow.

This is reality.

The Broncos have won 1 playoff game since 1998. Do you realize that that is going on 14 years? Do you know that it has been almost 7 years since the Broncos made the playoffs? Or that this is looking like the 5th straight year without a winning record?

For those of us who experienced the Halcyon days, the modern product is an embarrassment and a blight on the history of a once proud franchise. The last time we made the playoffs, we were in the conversation with the Steelers as the best franchise in the AFC. Not anymore.

Mile High Mojoe
10-05-2011, 12:20 AM
Thank you epic, good post, this "herd" mentality that some resort to here is like a group of rugby fan thugs. They care more about the fight in the stands than they do with the game on the field.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Perhaps your anger would be more appropriately directed at those responsible for placing our franchise in such a state of disrepair. We're not here to simply cheerlead everything that's done. That's not how it works. We react to what we're seeing. If the product is crap (year after year), we're not going to put up with it. When people see that we have a piece of **** owner, a clown FO, and McD basically raped our existing talent base (and followed that up by largely wasting a bunch of picks) and now we're told that after all of this, we're going to start all over again from scratch then yeah....we're not going to suck the team's dick, anymore. Enough is enough. The product is garbage. It is what it is.

I'm not sure what's so ridiculous about fan anger. The whole team has been raped. What part of this are you struggling with?

You'll never get into the Better Bronco Fans of America with this kind of opinion. You need to redirect your disenchantment towards fellow non-member Bronco fans, thereby elevating your relative fan status.

ol#7
10-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Its a frustrating time to be sure.

Last night the cat climbed on my laptop, so I closed it, had him in my lap. Needing something to do because I wasnt ready for bed, I went to Youtube and did a Kyle Orton Sucks search.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-05-2011, 12:27 AM

Last night the cat climbed on my laptop, so I closed it, had him in my lap. Needing something to do because I wasnt ready for bed, I went to Youtube and did a Kyle Orton Sucks search.

This is a bad post and you are a terrible fan. In fact, I question your physical toughness while I'm at it.

/am I doing it right?

ol#7
10-05-2011, 12:33 AM
This is a bad post and you are a terrible fan. In fact, I question your physical toughness while I'm at it.

/am I doing it right?

I think thats how it is supposed to go. Also, something about not letting the door hit you, I must have a sandy vag, etc.

I did follow up my Kyle Orton sucks search with rewatching the Drive and the Fumble. Had to end the day on a high note.

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 12:36 AM
You'll never get into the Better Bronco Fans of America with this kind of opinion. You need to redirect your disenchantment towards fellow non-member Bronco fans, thereby elevating your relative fan status.

The Better Bronco Fans of America are offering their highest honor (unicorn level) for fans who are hoping that the Broncos lose and then trade all of their first round draft picks plus Von Miller plus Ryan Clady plus Elvis Dumervil plus Champ Bailey for Andrew Luck.

Of course the lowest designation (sandy vagina) is reserved for those who think about other possibilities than ubiquitous and unilateral pure Broncos radness that radiates in all directions simultaneously. Those fans get the Roseanne Barr guillotine...unless they repent of course. If they repent, they just get the re-education camps and lifetime servitude.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-05-2011, 12:41 AM
I'm going to need to see some credentials.

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm going to need to see some credentials.

http://www.legaltshirts.com/thoughtpolice_a.gif

I was grandfathered in because of my job as a licensed thought policeman.

BroncoMan4ever
10-05-2011, 12:55 AM
we Broncos fans are some spoiled ****s. it is inevitable that every team in every sport is eventually going to have to go through some hardship and suck for a little while. just because the Broncos seemingly took awhile longer than others just means we have been due for a rebuild for a few years now.

it is truly pathetic that today's fans are so fair weather that they are jumping ship after a 6 year span of mediocrity and suck. look at Detroit, that team has sucked for years, but they have rebuilt and look like a team that can contend in the NFC for the next few years.

Broncos fans need to quit bitching and moaning so much and tough it out. it will get better in the coming seasons.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
we Broncos fans are some spoiled ****s. it is inevitable that every team in every sport is eventually going to have to go through some hardship and suck for a little while. just because the Broncos seemingly took awhile longer than others just means we have been due for a rebuild for a few years now.

it is truly pathetic that today's fans are so fair weather that they are jumping ship after a 6 year span of mediocrity and suck. look at Detroit, that team has sucked for years, but they have rebuilt and look like a team that can contend in the NFC for the next few years.

Broncos fans need to quit b****ing and moaning so much and tough it out. it will get better in the coming seasons.

This is more like it.

Blart
10-05-2011, 12:56 AM
His boy quit then he quit

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 01:01 AM

Broncos fans need to quit b****ing and moaning so much and tough it out. it will get better in the coming seasons.

Yeah, we should all be hoping that the Broncos suck so that we can watch them trade away Von Miller and every draft pick for the next 20 years for Andrew Luck.

That's the measure of a true Broncos fan.

ol#7
10-05-2011, 01:03 AM

Yeah shut up everyone! Get in line and like it! When Pat Bowlen spanks your bare bottom, you thank him and ask for another!

I know what your trying to say, but it is irritating.

Its not about how long the team has been in the crapper or comparing to franchises that are worse. Denver was the Gold Standard of the NFL. We were the elite. Pittsburgh has never sucked for this long in my entire life. You know why Detroit et al. suck for so long? The fanbase puts up with it and/or the management is incompetent.

Well we have been served a big heaping dose of incompetence. I recall the nuggets not drawing flies during the 2nd or 3rd consecutive rebuild, people just didnt care.

Now I am not jumping ship, and I know what you are saying, but the 2009-2012 Denver Broncos are an awful waste of your entertainment dollar, your time, and emotions with no payoff in site. This frustration is doubled by having a bright spot sitting on the bench that they refuse to play, presumably because it would cause his contract to escalate.

I really dont see how anyone deserves to be taken to the woodshed for giving up on this team.

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 01:16 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19042537

Agamemnon
10-05-2011, 01:44 AM
http://www.denverpost.com/krieger/ci_19042537

And he's still claiming that there was an open competition...

This mother****er just needs to shut the **** up. Every time he speaks he only makes everything worse.

epicSocialism4tw
10-05-2011, 02:05 AM
And he's still claiming that there was an open competition...

This mother****er just needs to shut the **** up. Every time he speaks he only makes everything worse.

In that article you can finally see that the Denver media are starting to give way to the fans instead of treating them like idiots who need to be told what to think.

Woody Paige has been the only one reasonable enough to give the fans a bit of the benefit of the doubt.

DrFate
10-05-2011, 05:23 AM

+1

It saddens me that so many on this board act like they can't think for themselves. If you don't blindly agree with the front office changes you aren't a 'real fan'.

Rabb
10-05-2011, 05:38 AM
+1

It saddens me that so many on this board act like they can't think for themselves. If you don't blindly agree with the front office changes you aren't a 'real fan'.

again, my opinion has nothing to do with being fan police

I just don't see the point in someone publicly declaring that they are "quitting" is all...it could have been a video game post about "quitting" Call of Duty or something and my opinion wouldn't change

you want to quit? awesome...just go then

Rabb
10-05-2011, 05:42 AM
and PS, I wasn't directing the last line at you DrFate..meant it in general

Crushisback
10-05-2011, 05:53 AM
Fans that stop being fans never really were fans.

55CrushEm
10-05-2011, 06:12 AM

Agreed, SoCal. It seems I'm in the minority here.....but I kind of agree with the OP. Unlike him, I'll still watch every Sunday. But, I've said it before....I don't have that same feeling of excitement in the few hours before a game that I used to. I just don't. I've even FELT like not watching......that NEVER used to come over me before. Does that make me a ****ty fan? I don't think so, but according to Popps and others it would.

I can tell you for more than 25 years, I've paced the floor, bitten off all my fingernails, felt queasy stomachs, all that.....prior to just about every Bronco game. And when they lost....I'd be in a funk for at least 3 days....until I could start getting excited for the next Sunday. In short, I consider myself a die-hard fan. I eat, sleep and breathe Bronco football.

But now because I'm less than excited, and have few expectations.......most here would call me a bad fan for CONSIDERING not watching a game?!?!?! I'm sorry.....I don't think the definition of a great fan is watching everything, even the **** that's spoon fed to you. I don't think it's supporting EVERYTHING the FO does. I think a good fan DOES question moves....doensn't THAT show passion too? Or, like some say, does that show "bad fandom"? I guess that's up for discussion.

I really don't care what other fans may think of the quality of my fandom. As I said....I still watch every Sunday.....but I just can't get excited. I try. I just don't. I'll be patient, though. I'll always be a fan of this team....till the day I die.

DrFate
10-05-2011, 06:27 AM
Rabb - no worries.

DrFate has a rule - people do what they do because we let them.

This owner/front office will continue to flounder until someone (the fanbase) refuses to take it any more. I don't blame the OP at all. That doensn't make him a 'bad fan' - that shows he has an emotional connection to the team AND the ability to think for himself.

55CrushEm
10-05-2011, 06:31 AM
Rabb - no worries.

This owner/front office will continue to flounder until someone (the fanbase) refuses to take it any more. I don't blame the OP at all. That doensn't make him a 'bad fan' - that shows he has an emotional connection to the team AND the ability to think for himself.

Totally agree.

rbackfactory80
10-05-2011, 06:35 AM

Superfan is the most awful type of fan. It's their way and they are too close-minded to even entertain any other thought. What a joke.

Look over there!!!! It's Superfan.

Why is he screaming and cheering during the Broncos destruction?

He's just a better type of fan than us son.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Rabb - no worries.

Your inadequate fandom has been instantly offset by referring to yourself in the third person. Clean slate.

rbackfactory80
10-05-2011, 06:38 AM

Later.

Dude you have some serious hostility issues. Sorry for whatever problems you have that you take out on a message board. Really angry person.

Live and let live dude.

WolfpackGuy
10-05-2011, 06:59 AM
Quick, pull out your fan cards!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSAptrV0Qvoogo2QQN6pnmer28lAoZrL R14M_RBIeJw3b-KY5-8FmO1lKuX

It's amazing how many people refused to see what was going as the team imploded in front of our eyes.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2011, 07:07 AM

To expect constant winning, year after year, decade after decade, is ****ing retarded beyond words.

Meck77
10-05-2011, 07:13 AM
I'll be patient, though. I'll always be a fan of this team....till the day I die.

Patients. That's the key right there. Had you lost them like many fans did in the late 80's you wouldn't have been apart of the late 90's.

You don't get by taking. You get by giving.

In a fans case you give your time and your money. Or you can bounce around like some fans do and always be a fan of a winning team. To each his own.

DrFate
10-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Patients. That's the key right there.

mental patients, maybe...

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 07:18 AM
Then there's the new type of Bronco fan: The Tebownite. All he cares about is one player. Four games into a strike shortened season, he will trash the team, the coaches, the owner, even the greatest QB in NFL history who brought this franchise the greatest glory it ever attained, and why? Because that one player doesn't get the playing time they want him to have. Actually, I guess it's wrong to call him a Broncos fan. After all, he really only gives a damn about one player, and if that player was traded to another team, he would no doubt go jersey shopping for that new team's colors.

55CrushEm
10-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Then there's the new type of Bronco fan: The Tebownite. All he cares about is one player. Four games into a strike shortened season, he will trash the team, the coaches, the owner, even the greatest QB in NFL history who brought this franchise the greatest glory it ever attained, and why? Because that one player doesn't get the playing time they want him to have. Actually, I guess it's wrong to call him a Broncos fan. After all, he really only gives a damn about one player, and if that player was traded to another team, he would no doubt go jersey shopping for that new team's colors.

Tebownite. Funny. I want Tebow to play, too. So, by your definition, I'm not a fan of the Broncos? I think he'll play as well or better than Orton. I think we're rebuilding. I think it MAKES SENSE to play him.

Now, you've also got the Tebow haters.....that hate him for no other reason than to "prove" to the "Tebonites" that the FO always is right. "See, John Fox says Orton is the best option....so HE IS...NO DISCUSSION!"
Or, in the case of TGN, hate Tebow because he's a Christian....and Christians are the most dangerous people on the planet.....moreso than Islamic extremists.

Meck77
10-05-2011, 07:30 AM
mental patients, maybe...

lol..ok you got me there. I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

Dr there are just different perspectives. I can see people get ancy if all they remember is the glory of the late 90's.

*edit* As far as the tebownites I liken them to the guy who sees a hot girl and thinks "She's the one". In their minds they start to create these fantasies that she is absolutely the perfect girl. Never mind that she could be married, a cocaine addict, has 3 children from 3 different men, and is bipolar. My point is Tebow is nothing more than a dream in our minds right now. True he hasn't been given much of a chance but he hasn't proven much on or even off the field to suggest he is the one. I certainly don't believe that EFX is trying to sabotage the team's interest like many have suggested.

It's starting to look like they might not want to damage Tebow's trade value by playing him if you ask me. They seem to be hell bent on keeping him on the bench for a reason.

Mile High Mojoe
10-05-2011, 07:35 AM

This is such a BS post, and YOU call yourself a Broncos Fan?

Paladin
10-05-2011, 07:48 AM
So. Orton doesn't know who you are and doesn't give a rat's arse about you, and you are going to stop watching him play.

You think what will leave a scar?

Tebowphiiacs need a separate room......

bowtown
10-05-2011, 07:49 AM
This is such a BS post, and YOU call yourself a Broncos Fan?

It actually sums up MacGruder and AlphaSierra to a tee.

teknic
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
To expect constant winning, year after year, decade after decade, is ****ing retarded beyond words.

To expect to win with Kyle Orton as the quarterback is ****ing retarded beyond words.

OABB
10-05-2011, 07:57 AM
Huge awesome fan here....just wanted to say that as a bronco fan I would like to start the qb who averages 25 ppg and cares about winning over the mouth breathing dullard who has 8 turnovers and averages less than 20.

So any "fan" that disagrees with this is actually not a fan, they are raider fans with fake omane accounts. No one that cares about this team wants a munson at qb over an achilles.

My question to the anti tebow crowd is simple...

Why do you hate our broncos?

DrFate
10-05-2011, 07:58 AM
lol..ok you got me there. I haven't had my morning coffee yet.

:~ohyah!:

Dr there are just different perspectives. I can see people get ancy if all they remember is the glory of the late 90's.

I don't even disagree with that. But I can understand his frustration.

I want/hope/(expect?) the players take the game personally. In short, I want them to give a damn. Orton throws a pick-6 and he simply shrugs his shoulders and trots to the sideline. His record is amazingly bad in Denver, and his only comment is 'I don't play for the fans'. I want to see a Dennis Green-type press conference from John Fox, rather than another 'aw shucks, Orton is a great quarterback, he gives us the best chance to win' series of nonsense. I want to see a tweet from Elway saying 'we are all frustrated'. I want them to give a damn too.

I'm neither blind nor stupid. Everyone understands this is a rebuild and expects the losses. But the apathy sucks. The double-talk and outright BS they feed the fanbase sucks. And I don't blame a single fan for booing or putting up a bilboard or walking away and bloging about it.

OABB
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
:~ohyah!:

I don't even disagree with that. But I can understand his frustration.

I want/hope/(expect?) the players take the game personally. In short, I want them to give a damn. Orton throws a pick-6 and he simply shrugs his shoulders and trots to the sideline. His record is amazingly bad in Denver, and his only comment is 'I don't play for the fans'. I want to see a Dennis Green-type press conference from John Fox, rather than another 'aw shucks, Orton is a great quarterback, he gives us the best chance to win' series of nonsense. I want to see a tweet from Elway saying 'we are all frustrated'. I want them to give a damn too.

I'm neither blind nor stupid. Everyone understands this is a rebuild and expects the losses. But the apathy sucks. The double-talk and outright BS they feed the fanbase sucks. And I don't blame a single fan for booing or putting up a bilboard or walking away and bloging about it.

This. We arent upset that we suck...we are upset that they dont care. a rebuild requires playing your young guys over loser vets who are part of the tankfest.

Play tebow now and no one will care if we lose. We are at least evaluating for the future. Now we are playing munson while sucking. That is awaste and we should all be upset.

Mile High Mojoe
10-05-2011, 08:06 AM
It's get along and go along. Right? If you don't march lock step with fans like Popps and the others who love Orton you're condemned to the gallows.

Gort
10-05-2011, 08:14 AM
To expect winning is ****ing retarded beyond words.

just a little editing and we have a suitable epitaph for Kyle Orton's career. thanks.

:)

DrFate
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
*edit* As far as the tebownites I liken them to the guy who sees a hot girl and thinks "She's the one". In their minds they start to create these fantasies that she is absolutely the perfect girl. Never mind that she could be married, a cocaine addict, has 3 children from 3 different men, and is bipolar. My point is Tebow is nothing more than a dream in our minds right now. True he hasn't been given much of a chance but he hasn't proven much on or even off the field to suggest he is the one. I certainly don't believe that EFX is trying to sabotage the team's interest like many have suggested.

It's this attitude that misses the point entirely.

I didn't want to draft Tebow and I can't say if he can play or not. But what is on the field now is, in a word, fail. Play Tebow. Play Quinn. Rotate the three. Direct snap the ball to Decker and play single wing. Punt on first down and let Miller try to gets scores.

The frustration for 99% of this fanbase is NOT that Tebow isn't playing because Tebow is some kind of wunderkind who is guaranteed to succeed. The frustration is that the staff is trying NOTHING ELSE when you have TWO first round picks on the bench, one who hasn't gotten a real chance, and Orton has won 4 games out of his last 17 starts.

Orton, Orton, and when in doubt, Orton. Welcome to Failtown.

Meck77
10-05-2011, 08:16 AM
.we are upset that they dont care. .

That who doesn't care? Pat Bowlen? The man who writes the multi million dollar checks? Fox? Who's ass and salary are on the line? Elway? Are you suggesting he doesn't give a rats ass about Broncos football?

Your mind and perception that the Broncos don't care has YOU angry. You are making yourself angry. Ok I'm starting to sound like a shrink here but all anger is product of oneself and not other people and certainly not a business.

I'm not thrilled we suck right now but like I said in another thread the other day. It takes a little pain to realize happiness. All the cussing and personal attacks of other people going on in this community won't make the team better.

When we get the ship turned it will be that much sweeter for the newbs who haven't experienced a little Bronco pain. Well that is if they stick around.

Gort
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM

you... are a bad fan!

very, very, very bad fan!!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l95pypHn3x1qzct2x.gif

RaiderH8r
10-05-2011, 08:19 AM

I want Tebow to play for a slew of reasons but chief among them is that if we are going to head into another offseason of rebuilding we should damn good and well know what we have in the cupboard. Orton is a known quantity and unlikely to be here and certainly not the long term solution. We have desperate needs at DL (still) OL depth, RB (thanks Slowshon) and DB. Basically we need a new team. It is their job to identify and prioritze areas of need. You'd think they would have learned that lesson by now.

Moreover respect is earned. Elway has earned my undying respect as a QB. As a GM he hasn't earned ****. Fox is coming off of a two win season, Xanders is a steaming pile of elephant dung and should be summarily executed in the name of universal justice and Joe Ellis is as useless as lips on a chicken. In short this regime has done nothing to earn my respect and what respect I did have for Bowlen has turned into genuine concern that he is mentally losing his sheeit or going Bidwell on us; expecting our fan loyalty to shell out big fan dollars to see a competitive team he has no intention of fielding. Either way the sun isn't shining in Bronco land.

So save the Super Fan Schtick for someone who believes it. Orton is a loser. He is the antithesis of success and competitive spirit. He's a fine game manager and if we were the Dilfer led Baltimore Ravens with that D then maybe we could be a competitive squad with Orton under center. We're not. We're far from it so we need to make some decisions and choose a direction going forward.

Lastly, McCoy needs to stop being involved with football at any level whatsoever. His playbook is the stuff of pop warner football and his play calling is the worst kind of predictable tripe.

55CrushEm
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM

I didn't want to draft Tebow and I can't say if he can play or not. But what is on the field now is, in a word, fail. Play Tebow. Play Quinn. Rotate the three. Direct snap the ball to Decker and play single wing. Punt on first down and let Miller try to gets scores.

The frustration for 99% of this fanbase is NOT that Tebow isn't playing because Tebow is some kind of wunderkind who is guaranteed to succeed. The frustration is that the staff is trying NOTHING ELSE when you have TWO first round picks on the bench, one who hasn't gotten a real chance, and Orton has won 4 games out of his last 17 starts.

This. This exactly. I, too, questioned the Tebow pick. But after watching him in goal-to-go situations and in the last 3 games last year.....I saw something promising. And the kid has passion and work ethic that is off the charts. He's emotional. In that regard, he is like Elway was.....and that makes for exciting football.

THAT is why I'd like to see him play.

rbackfactory80
10-05-2011, 08:24 AM

This is exactly why I feel Denver is tanking this season for Luck. It is so dam obvious to just try something else. The only other possible reason is our coach is just a stubborn prick who just wants to flex his power and let everyone know he is in charge. How can you go out there week after week, get humiliated, and then paint a happy picture of how great everything is. I can't believe the front office is this stupid.

If this is an honest evaluation and they play Orton all year without the intention of grabbing Luck, I just don't know what to say. Imagine groundhog day next year.

I guess I feel like they don't want Tebow in our future and they know Orton is guaranteed to give them a shot at the first pick.

TheDave
10-05-2011, 08:25 AM
Losing sucks...

Reading the constant b****ing that results from losing sucks...

b****ing about the the people who are b****ing because we are losing sucks...

http://files.sharenator.com/SmashingHeadOnKeyboard_Smash_Head_On_Keyboard_Post _Result-s150x107-149274-580.gif

Crushaholic
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Well, it does suck to be a Broncos fan right now. We have a very bad, and very boring team.

That being said, if you can't hang in through the tough times you won't enjoy the good times as much. It's not about winning as a fan, you can't control the outcome of the game. The superiority complex of some Pats fans is laughable, they personally have NOTHING to do with how good their team is. Being a fan is about sticking it out through the tough times, through the valleys, so when you get to the top of the mountain it looks even higher by comparison.

Speaking of the Pats, people need to realize that the Patriots sucked for a very long time, prior to the Brady era. I almost admire the longtime Chiefs fans. Their team hasn't been to a Super Bowl since 1970. That's a long drought of suckitude. Bandwagon fans are the absolute embarrass...thwack

bronco_diesel
10-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I can see the OP point. I have a 2 ½ year old son that I want to spend my time with. Granted he’s a bit young to understand football. Football has been a huge part of my life – I still remember the days of watching Elway make a come-back and seeing my old man go stupid-crazy over it. Those are some great memories. I hope to have that with my son as well.

That said, I just get annoyed at the football games anymore. I’ve come to realize that the team follows the character of its QB. Under Elway they were up and down during the game, but were clutch when it counted most. Jake had the fire but lost his passion somewhere along the way and I think that showed through the team as well. I miss Jake these days. Orton is good he makes good plays and looks like he can get it done. When it matters most he falls apart, and the team follows.

The best chance to win argument is pure crap. The open competition I think is also crap. Let me put it this way – why was Knowshon starting over McGahee when the season started. WM is clearly the better running back, heck even Lance Ball is making a case. Why was Eric Decker behind Royal? I like Eddie Royal but Decker is >>>>> than Royal. Maybe Knowshon and Royal practiced better, but come game day it is clear who is better. At one point Don Majkowski started over Brett Favre – who ended up the better player? Same thing with Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady. I am not suggesting that TT is comparable to either Brady or Bledsoe. My point is that coaches have been wrong before, and we already have two examples with this coaching staff.

I am tired of being told as a fan I don’t know what I am talking about. I see it with my own eyes week after week – Orton is a choker. And I know there is a kid, with all his flaws, who is exciting to watch and gave us the most exciting game we’ve seen for a while when he played the Texans. And for all his unknowns in this league, we do know that he has a ton of passion and will give everything he possibly has to fight for a win. This team needs that kind of spirit as they have forgotten how to fight for a win. Put in the QB who has that quality and I believe the team will follow. No, they won’t make the playoffs and yes he will make many mistakes…but at least he will fight his @ss off and not known for choking in the clutch.

I was hopeful when they named Elway and Fox was hired…but 4 games in, I am scratching my head. I’ll still watch the games, but man….

strafen
10-05-2011, 08:50 AM
How has this thread gone 5 pages, and why? ROFL!

OABB
10-05-2011, 08:51 AM
I can see the OP point. I have a 2 ½ year old son that I want to spend my time with. Granted he’s a bit young to understand football. Football has been a huge part of my life – I still remember the days of watching Elway make a come-back and seeing my old man go stupid-crazy over it. Those are some great memories. I hope to have that with my son as well.

That said, I just get annoyed at the football games anymore. I’ve come to realize that the team follows the character of its QB. Under Elway they were up and down during the game, but were clutch when it counted most. Jake had the fire but lost his passion somewhere along the way and I think that showed through the team as well. I miss Jake these days. Orton is good he makes good plays and looks like he can get it done. When it matters most he falls apart, and the team follows.

The best chance to win argument is pure crap. The open competition I think is also crap. Let me put it this way – why was Knowshon starting over McGahee when the season started. WM is clearly the better running back, heck even Lance Ball is making a case. Why was Eric Decker behind Royal? I like Eddie Royal but Decker is >>>>> than Royal. Maybe Knowshon and Royal practiced better, but come game day it is clear who is better. At one point Don Majkowski started over Brett Favre – who ended up the better player? Same thing with Drew Bledsoe and Tom Brady. I am not suggesting that TT is comparable to either Brady or Bledsoe. My point is that coaches have been wrong before, and we already have two examples with this coaching staff.

I am tired of being told as a fan I don’t know what I am talking about. I see it with my own eyes week after week – Orton is a choker. And I know there is a kid, with all his flaws, who is exciting to watch and gave us the most exciting game we’ve seen for a while when he played the Texans. And for all his unknowns in this league, we do know that he has a ton of passion and will give everything he possibly has to fight for a win. This team needs that kind of spirit as they have forgotten how to fight for a win. Put in the QB who has that quality and I believe the team will follow. No, they won’t make the playoffs and yes he will make many mistakes…but at least he will fight his @ss off and not known for choking in the clutch.

I was hopeful when they named Elway and Fox was hired…but 4 games in, I am scratching my head. I’ll still watch the games, but man….

Spot on. Teams take on their leaders personality. Orton is the leader and his munson blood courses through the heartless beating of this teams soulless inneptitude.

Tebow is adrenaline in a needle.

We all know it. This team needs heart. It needs fire. It needs a winner.

This team is sick and the only thing its got to have is more tebbell.

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
I want Tebow to play for a slew of reasons but chief among them is that if we are going to head into another offseason of rebuilding we should damn good and well know what we have in the cupboard. Orton is a known quantity and unlikely to be here and certainly not the long term solution. We have desperate needs at DL (still) OL depth, RB (thanks Slowshon) and DB. Basically we need a new team. It is their job to identify and prioritze areas of need. You'd think they would have learned that lesson by now.

Moreover respect is earned. Elway has earned my undying respect as a QB. As a GM he hasn't earned ****. Fox is coming off of a two win season, Xanders is a steaming pile of elephant dung and should be summarily executed in the name of universal justice and Joe Ellis is as useless as lips on a chicken. In short this regime has done nothing to earn my respect and what respect I did have for Bowlen has turned into genuine concern that he is mentally losing his sheeit or going Bidwell on us; expecting our fan loyalty to shell out big fan dollars to see a competitive team he has no intention of fielding. Either way the sun isn't shining in Bronco land.

So save the Super Fan Schtick for someone who believes it. Orton is a loser. He is the antithesis of success and competitive spirit. He's a fine game manager and if we were the Dilfer led Baltimore Ravens with that D then maybe we could be a competitive squad with Orton under center. We're not. We're far from it so we need to make some decisions and choose a direction going forward.

Lastly, McCoy needs to stop being involved with football at any level whatsoever. His playbook is the stuff of pop warner football and his play calling is the worst kind of predictable tripe.

We're four games into a strike shortened season with a really bad team. After last season, everybody knew it was a really bad team. It's going to take some time to fix. Probably years. Meanwhile, the goal of the coaches is to try and win some games.

Fox and Co. went with Orton because they figured he at least gave this really bad team a chance of putting up a few victories. Obviously, that hasn't worked. A lot of people assume Tebow would get better results. The guy on the bench always looks better to the fans. I'm also assuming that Fox is going to give it everything he's got to beat Sandyeggo as that would put the Broncos back into the chase for the division. If the Chargers kick our asses I imagine we'll probably see plenty of Tebow after the bye.

DrFate
10-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Your mind and perception that the Broncos don't care has YOU angry. You are making yourself angry. Ok I'm starting to sound like a shrink here but all anger is product of oneself and not other people and certainly not a business.

It's not anger, it's frustration. They are selling a product I'm unwilling to buy right now. My unwillingness to blindy buy ANY product they put on the field doesn't make me (or the OP) a 'bad fan'.

I am expressing my frustration in a way that is tangible to the owner. Is my 1 in a million expression noticeable? No

Will it be noticeable in 3 weeks when the stadium is half empty? Hell yes

Powderaddict
10-05-2011, 09:08 AM
That was painful to read, and all the support he's getting.

Since when is being a whiny pussy commendable?!?

vancejohnson82
10-05-2011, 09:15 AM
That was painful to read, and all the support he's getting.

Since when is being a whiny p***Y commendable?!?

Take a look around....I blame the Jonas Brothers

rock
10-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Call me crazy, but I turned the channel after Orton's pick six too. I turned it back on half way through the third (looking at the score) and half way through the fourth (looking for Tebow) and was disappointed.

I'll watch again on Sunday against the Chargers but I already know what I'll see. The same thing we've seen the past two years.

Man this staff and FO disappoints me... Hope they get their heads out of their ass soon. But, if Fox sticks to his guns, this season is going to be worse than last season.

Should have never let go of Shanahan. Just a dumb, dumb thing to do. We'd be building an offense around Cutler. Marshall would be here. Nevermind... That's over. At least give us a look at Tebow.

Me, last Sunday :tearhair:

crawdad
10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Broncos are going to kick the crap out of Sandy Eggo!

rock
10-05-2011, 09:43 AM

Yet the Steelers have been doing just that... Haven't they?

Playoff appearances:

1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010

A few bad seasons but generally, they are pretty damn consistent.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM

Playoff appearances:

1972, 1973, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1989, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010

And there are as many as 5 seasons missing playoffs in between those years.

And they had the same coach from the 70s to the mid-90s.

Yeah, it's "pretty consistent," but there were some BAD years in there. Were they top five draft years? I have no idea; I'm not a fan of the Steelers, I'm a fan of the Broncos. But we've had one losing season, last year. We're on track for another, this year. We have HUGE holes on this team, from the top to the bottom of our roster, and terrible depth at key positions, places where higher picks would help us quickly develop the entire team... and we're b****ing about not winning enough games in the meantime?

I guess I'm the bad fan. I'll trade mediocre 8-8 football for a few down years in order to build up the completely depleted roster. Because when we are good again, and I think we're just a couple of good drafts away from being just that, it'll be that much sweeter.

ETA: Also, I'd point out that the Steelers have one of the most consistent front offices in the league... and that pointing to one team in a league of 32 makes them the exception, not the rule.

Gort
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM

Playoff appearances:

i was lucky that my 2 years in Pittsburgh were down years, otherwise it would have been insufferable there during football season. i did see Dan Marino in his corvette (FL tags IIRC) just before his 3rd NFL season drive past me on Forbes Ave. on his way down to Pitt one day though. CMU was right in the part of Pittsburgh where he grew up and went to school.

Durango
10-05-2011, 10:13 AM
I attend four games a year, so I'm not exactly the 100% fanatical follower, but i do travel a long distance and spend a bunch of money to be there four times a season, and the product is just awful right now.

I just enjoy professional football. The fact we have have an NFL franchise to argue about is a joy to me.

I can't even imagine a day when I walk away. Even when it's bad, it's compelling (Orton-Tebow for example). The one good thing about being a bad team is that you have to have faith it's going to get better. A lot better, and in Denver there is the inherent faith/belief it HAS to get better, not like the franchise wastelands in Kansas City and Cincinnati waiting decades, even lifetimes, for a chance, just a chance to sniff a championship.

Sure we lose more than few bandwagoneers in times like these, but who needed the fifth wheel anyway?

broncosteven
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Not me - sorry Ha!

I think it is good for the Fanbase to thin out and let us Diehards talk Bronco football while the bandwangoner's find a new bandwagon to jump on to.

rock
10-05-2011, 10:52 AM
And there are as many as 5 seasons missing playoffs in between those years.

And they had the same coach from the 70s to the mid-90s.

Yeah, it's "pretty consistent," but there were some BAD years in there. Were they top five draft years? I have no idea; I'm not a fan of the Steelers, I'm a fan of the Broncos. But we've had one losing season, last year. We're on track for another, this year. We have HUGE holes on this team, from the top to the bottom of our roster, and terrible depth at key positions, places where higher picks would help us quickly develop the entire team... and we're b****ing about not winning enough games in the meantime?

I guess I'm the bad fan. I'll trade mediocre 8-8 football for a few down years in order to build up the completely depleted roster. Because when we are good again, and I think we're just a couple of good drafts away from being just that, it'll be that much sweeter.

ETA: Also, I'd point out that the Steelers have one of the most consistent front offices in the league... and that pointing to one team in a league of 32 makes them the exception, not the rule.

Yeah, so those years they missed the playoffs in the 80's. Some of those years were bad but never as bad as last year (and potentially) this year with the Broncos. I mean, they highest pick they had was 7.

However, decade after decade, they are in the hunt. A few "down" years here and there but consistency is their game and they have the trophies to prove it.

ol#7
10-05-2011, 11:00 AM
We're four games into a strike shortened season with a really bad team. After last season, everybody knew it was a really bad team. It's going to take some time to fix. Probably years. Meanwhile, the goal of the coaches is to try and win some games.

Fox and Co. went with Orton because they figured he at least gave this really bad team a chance of putting up a few victories. Obviously, that hasn't worked. A lot of people assume Tebow would get better results. The guy on the bench always looks better to the fans. I'm also assuming that Fox is going to give it everything he's got to beat Sandyeggo as that would put the Broncos back into the chase for the division. If the Chargers kick our asses I imagine we'll probably see plenty of Tebow after the bye.

Are you effing serious? A strike shortened season? Really? The lost pre-season Hall of Fame game is what your hanging your hat on?

FWIW, everyone loves to throw Trent Dilfers name around with regard to Kyle Orton, Dilfer had a ton more talent, a better arm, was a LEADER and gave a damn on the field.

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 11:02 AM
Are you effing serious? A strike shortened season? Really? The lost pre-season Hall of Fame game is what your hanging your hat on?

FWIW, everyone loves to throw Trent Dilfers name around with regard to Kyle Orton, Dilfer had a ton more talent, a better arm, was a LEADER and gave a damn on the field.

Let me do you this favor: http://www.coloradoreading.com/revised/index.html
They offer online tutoring.

orng&blu
10-05-2011, 11:06 AM
Not me - sorry Ha!

Well, one glaring mistake in there... the "This one's for John" was after beating the packers, not the falcons......

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Well, one glaring mistake in there... the "This one's for John" was after beating the packers, not the falcons......

Perhaps you should read it again.

RaiderH8r
10-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Yeah, so those years they missed the playoffs in the 80's. Some of those years were bad but never as bad as last year (and potentially) this year with the Broncos. I mean, they highest pick they had was 7.

However, decade after decade, they are in the hunt. A few "down" years here and there but consistency is their game and they have the trophies to prove it.

They always played with pride. I'm not seeing that from KO, certainly not while they were getting spanked by GB.

Ironlung
10-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I can see why he feels this way. The Broncos are a joke now....literally. All we hear from the FO is lies. What other team would trade Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, & Sheffler? NO other team would. Its not just a matter of being a bad team, its more about being a bad team because of the retarded moves that's the cause of all this drama.

UberBroncoMan
10-05-2011, 04:24 PM
I'll never stop being a Bronco fan. I may not give a **** at some point, and a loss will no longer ruin my day, but I'll always watch the games on TV. It is inevitable at some point that we'll get it together. Look at the Lions.

Mile High Mojoe
10-05-2011, 04:53 PM
This turned out to be one of the best threads I've seen so far this season. I don't have much to add only that it's great so many Fans jumped in with sanity about this Orton/Tebow discussion. Yeah, I'm sure there's been a lot of them but I like some of the other fans can't set on my ass hour after hour and follow every thread and post in it.

This QB question is the most important issue of the day no matter what the Ortonites say. How long will we have to suffer with Orton? Last week should have been the breaking point but not so we'll have to get our asses handed to us by the Chargers at home and suffer some more agony I guess before they finally figure out Orton gives us the best chance to lose not win.

oubronco
10-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I can see why he feels this way. The Broncos are a joke now....literally. All we hear from the FO is lies. What other team would trade Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, & Sheffler? NO other team would. Its not just a matter of being a bad team, its more about being a bad team because of the retarded moves that's the cause of all this drama.

But we wouldn't have Tebow and all the day to day BS about why he isn't given the starting job

That One Guy
10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I'll never stop being a Bronco fan. I may not give a **** at some point, and a loss will no longer ruin my day, but I'll always watch the games on TV. It is inevitable at some point that we'll get it together. Look at the Lions.

Back in the day, I used to find a feed and watch crappy video over the computer with constant freezing and outages to see the Broncos play. Back then, they were exciting and I was riveted. These days, not only do I expect to lose but it often isn't even quality football. So maybe we win one on occasion that I don't see but I get to watch countless hours of good football elsewhere. If they were shown locally, I'd tune in, but I'm not going out of my way anymore.

I don't think you can just simply stop rooting for their success unless you find yourself being vindictive toward the team but I hit the lack of care quite some time ago. I don't care about winning necessarily but I do care about quality. I'm a fan of football first, Broncos second.

Punisher
10-05-2011, 05:33 PM
Ah will start winning in three years but for now I'm just laughing at the team its fun laughing at them

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 05:34 PM
Ah will start winning in three years but for now I'm just laughing at the team its fun laughing at them

I wish it was you who had posted that post.

Broncos4tw
10-05-2011, 05:41 PM
I'm a Bronco fan, for better or for worse. Even if players are playing terrible. Even if the front office makes stupid decisions. I don't care how long Orton stays in, I'm a fan. I can be grumpy, angry, pissed off.. but I'm a fan for life. Someone who "quits" being a fan, was never really a fan.

Punisher
10-05-2011, 05:48 PM
I wish it was you who had posted that post.

I wish i had you under the covers

Flex Gunmetal
10-05-2011, 07:19 PM
I wish i had you under the covers

Go away.

Your trolling is bush league. Skip trying harder and just give up.

houghtam
10-05-2011, 07:22 PM
I'm a Bronco fan, for better or for worse. Even if players are playing terrible. Even if the front office makes stupid decisions. I don't care how long Orton stays in, I'm a fan. I can be grumpy, angry, pissed off.. but I'm a fan for life. Someone who "quits" being a fan, was never really a fan.

Not sure how you can call someone who's been a "fan" for 25 years who decides his team has quit on him a never was fan.

But keep trying, fan police.

:thumbsup:

TotallyScrewed
10-05-2011, 07:40 PM
Well, and if you're gonna leave, just leave.... there's no need to go long-windedly explaining why. A post like that just makes one look like an attention ho insisting "it's about ME!!!....that wants to be talked "off the ledge".

Reaction to something like that is never positive ("oh please don't go..."); it's always "so leave already".

I think it's pretty funny that someone would complain (getting all dramatic) about "drama" on a message board.

That One Guy
10-05-2011, 09:47 PM

Define fan and then define a fake one.

If I stop drinking beer, did I never really like it?

DBroncos4life
10-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Not sure how you can call someone who's been a "fan" for 25 years who decides his team has quit on him a never was fan.

But keep trying, fan police.

:thumbsup:

I don't think taking a jab at a fan that openly quit on his team via a message board makes you a fan police.

To me quiting on the team after 25 years is like divorcing your wife of 25 years because you don't like the sofa or rug she got. Orton is here for one more year. If you can't ride out Orton for the rest of the year after all the ups and downs you have went through over the last 25 years then what they hell was it all for in the first place???
I wasn't very old when the Broncos lost to the 9ers in the SB. That loss made the winning of the first SB so sweat I can't even put it into words. I never would have understood how great that win was without a loss like that. I view what the team is going through the same way.

McDman
10-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Here's an idea, stfu and quit ****ing whining about it. If you want to be a tool who jumps ship after several bad seasons, that's fine. Just don't come on here, or anywhere else, and write a long ass letter trying to explain and justify your BS.

I'd say half the reason he is doing it is to get people to console him and try and change his mind. I can pretty much say for certain once we start winning again heMll be a fan again as well. It seems about every year we get these "I just can't take it anymore" letters and their all the same bull ****.

Plus, if this guy is missing out on seeing his kid grow up by watching a game for 3 hours a week 16 weeks out of the year then he has some serious priority issues.

broncosteven
10-05-2011, 10:36 PM

This is his quote: "I'll always see football as it was during the era of Elway. I'll never forget how after beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl, Bowlen lifted the trophy and said "This one's for YOU!" Thanks for the memories, Broncos fans. You truly are the best fans on the planet. Good luck, and I wish you all the best."

"This one's for you" was accurate and what Pat said after the 2nd SB win.

I had to read it twice to understand it also. I still think the OP over at the other board is a realitive n00b. I bet he jumped the bandwagon right around the SB run and didn't go through all the tough years most of us weathered that really made SBXXXII so special!

Mile High Mojoe
10-05-2011, 10:48 PM
I don't think taking a jab at a fan that openly quit on his team via a message board makes you a fan police.

To me quiting on the team after 25 years is like divorcing your wife of 25 years because you don't like the sofa or rug she got. Orton is here for one more year. If you can't ride out Orton for the rest of the year after all the ups and downs you have went through over the last 25 years then what they hell was it all for in the first place???
I wasn't very old when the Broncos lost to the 9ers in the SB. That loss made the winning of the first SB so sweat I can't even put it into words. I never would have understood how great that win was without a loss like that. I view what the team is going through the same way.

Bad comparison a marriage and following a sports team are 2 completely different things. For sake of arguement let's say it is a marriage mine has been for 45 years. The last 12 years of the marriage (other than the 2006 season) have been bad, the last 5 even worse still. Not all marriages can survive bad behavior or conflict. So I understand why this guy is frustrated he has that right.

I'm extremely frustrated and angry, the FO and Fox seemed to stubbornly support a man that didn't deserve it before the season started and has proven without a doubt he doesn't now. I won't get a divorce from the Broncos but damn I have every right to rip them when they can seem to accept that Orton is a train wreck and try a different approach to get the team back on the track.

Punisher
10-06-2011, 02:57 AM
Go away.

Your trolling is bush league. Skip trying harder and just give up.

Go away Go away Go away

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R-eRGwiBW2g/TFg52QkIrxI/AAAAAAAAHbg/sAfHH9lverA/s320/tantrum.jpg

Shut up Pu$$y

DBroncos4life
10-06-2011, 06:40 AM
Bad comparison a marriage and following a sports team are 2 completely different things. For sake of arguement let's say it is a marriage mine has been for 45 years. The last 12 years of the marriage (other than the 2006 season) have been bad, the last 5 even worse still. Not all marriages can survive bad behavior or conflict. So I understand why this guy is frustrated he has that right.

I'm extremely frustrated and angry, the FO and Fox seemed to stubbornly support a man that didn't deserve it before the season started and has proven without a doubt he doesn't now. I won't get a divorce from the Broncos but damn I have every right to rip them when they can seem to accept that Orton is a train wreck and try a different approach to get the team back on the track.

So its a bad comparison for me to use but its OK for you?

Flex Gunmetal
10-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Go away Go away Go away

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_R-eRGwiBW2g/TFg52QkIrxI/AAAAAAAAHbg/sAfHH9lverA/s320/tantrum.jpg

Shut up Pu$$y

http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif
Case in point.

lmao@you calling me a pussy, when you can't even keep your word from your little tantrum.

RaiderH8r
10-06-2011, 07:46 AM

If this relationship is like a marriage the last 5 years have been physical and psychological abuse. But we'll keep coming back for lies and promises of "it won't happen again" and "it will get better, I promise". LIES!!!! We need to hit these pricks in the face with a frying pan.

Mile High Mojoe
10-06-2011, 08:28 AM
If this relationship is like a marriage the last 5 years have been physical and psychological abuse. But we'll keep coming back for lies and promises of "it won't happen again" and "it will get better, I promise". LIES!!!! We need to hit these pricks in the face with a frying pan.

This.

vancejohnson82
10-06-2011, 09:01 AM
it is like a marriage....just leave if you're done

who the **** cares....if you are pissed, don't watch anymore

but dont be the guy who says "I swear I'm going to divorce my wife" every day while we are hanging out at Hooters

RaiderH8r
10-06-2011, 09:11 AM

but dont be the guy who says "I swear I'm going to divorce my wife" every day while we are hanging out at Hooters

This isn't marriage, we are stuck in a cycle of abuse. You need to read about it.

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/cycle-of-abuse-faq.htm

We'll keep coming back for more. It's sad really. We should stop if for no other reason than to break the cycle and give the kids a fresh start.

vancejohnson82
10-06-2011, 09:17 AM
This isn't marriage, we are stuck in a cycle of abuse. You need to read about it.

http://www.allaboutlifechallenges.org/cycle-of-abuse-faq.htm

We'll keep coming back for more. It's sad really. We should stop if for no other reason than to break the cycle and give the kids a fresh start.

I'm actually fine with being a Broncos fan....I still get up every Sunday happy as a pig in ****, ready to root for my goddamn team

If people are really this unhappy, feel free to not watch, I could care less. If people are feeling tormented by a free choice they are making, then they have problems

"You got mental problems man" --- Brick

Mile High Mojoe
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM

I'm thoroughly convinced you’re a certifiable ass.

vancejohnson82
10-06-2011, 09:21 AM
I'm thoroughly convinced you’re a certifiable ass.

and you would be the jerk that nobody would want to go to Hooters with

you're a wet douchehole

RaiderH8r
10-06-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm actually fine with being a Broncos fan....I still get up every Sunday happy as a pig in ****, ready to root for my goddamn team

If people are really this unhappy, feel free to not watch, I could care less. If people are feeling tormented by a free choice they are making, then they have problems

If we're going to suck I'm going to have some fun with it. Fox routinely pisses on our collective heads and tells us it is raining. The hilarity is that he still thinks everyone is buying his line. We stink. Back the truck up man. Back it up.

I will know we're on the road to recovery when Xanders is put in stocks on Federal for his crimes against Broncos football.

vancejohnson82
10-06-2011, 09:25 AM
If we're going to suck I'm going to have some fun with it. Fox routinely pisses on our collective heads and tells us it is raining. The hilarity is that he still thinks everyone is buying his line. We stink. Back the truck up man. Back it up.

I will know we're on the road to recovery when Xanders is put in stocks on Federal for his crimes against Broncos football.

By all means, have fun....and voice your complaints

but to sit here and write a poem to kiss the team goodbye is a bit much....if you don't want to watch, just don't watch...if you want to complain about the state of the team, go for it

or do what I do and get ****housed, root for the team and then go throw dollars at Ukranian strippers

Mile High Mojoe
10-06-2011, 09:26 AM

You forgot McD. Even though he's in St. Louis he should be brought back to Denver for a public hanging.

RaiderH8r
10-06-2011, 09:39 AM
You forgot McD. Even though he's in St. Louis he should be brought back to Denver for a public hanging.

Drawn and quartered my man. Drawn. And. Quartered.

That One Guy
10-06-2011, 11:11 AM

I don't necessarily disagree with your point but you've now probably put in more effort in criticizing the guy than he put in his farewell speech.

You've now put too much effort into criticizing the guy who you think put too much effort into saying goodbye.

Miss I.
10-06-2011, 11:32 AM
okay, its unfortunate the guy has gotten this jaded, but honestly he's a bit overdramatic. yes the last few years have been painful, but not all boring or passionless or whatever it was he said. honestly I like Jake and the team was fun to watch then, even when he tried to force a play he really shouldn't. I liked watching Jay too, not so much the red zone stuff, but I liked watching him nonetheless. most of my tendency to bag on the dude I freely admit is my bitter ex syndrome (though some of it is fun, honestly those clown pants were pretty awful). Now I tried to support McDaniels because blind loyalty to the team. I didn't know what he would do and I was concerned by his lack of experience and the handling of the Cutler thing (but I still believe a lot of that is also on Cutler, both handled it badly). But initially he managed to make Orton look better and we did beat the Patriots with Brady playing so that was a shock. But even as we began losing, I kept hoping he would turn it around, not because I particularly like the man, but because I love the Broncos. It's also why I've stood behind Orton and the FO. I keep hoping for the best and loving my team. Also from a life experience perspective, things change sometimes not as fast as we like, but seasons will change and we will get better again. I've made my choice, the Broncos are my true love in terms of football, for better or worse I will watch them, won't enjoy the losses, but I will love the football and the bright spots on our team like Decker, Von Miller and perennial faves like Champ.

stopgap
10-06-2011, 12:43 PM
okay, its unfortunate the guy has gotten this jaded, but honestly he's a bit overdramatic.

Big time. I hope that 'fan' wrote that novella after a few drinks so he lost perspective of life over-all. It is just a spectator sport from OUR viewpoint. Doubt the author's sincerity anyway as it's nothing more than a self-pity party.

I was just as guilty pre-Shanny. A loss would have ruined my week but I attribute it to youth and not having stepped into the real world as of yet.

If one wants to jump ship they are free to. Don't write a long-winded suicide note about it though. No one cares.

Broncos4tw
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
He is one guy.. I couldn't give a crap less. Stop with the melodramatics and leave already. No one cares. A lot of people are angry at the current situation, and how low the team has fallen. But this happens with all teams. Must be a moron not to recognize it. Even the mighty Patriots were a laughable team you would beat up on, before they were a juggernaut, and they will be again. You lose a lot of the stars that made your team what it was, you lose coaches, and you start over. Happens all the time. Name one team that has been a juggernaut since the NFL started.

Broncos will rise again. The coaching staff and the city is too passionate about our football to just fold up and end up a perpetual Lions team. Not gonna happen. So either suffer through the lean years, or leave and shut up. I was a fan before Elway took a snap, and I suffered a lot of ridicule through the SB blowouts. It took an offensive minded coach in Shanny to take advantage of what we had in Elway (instead of with Reeves.. Winder.. Winder.. pass).

We'll rise again. If you can't handle being the fan of a losing team, go root for the skanky Patriots or some other "winning" team who is the flavor of the year. I am not fan police.. people can stop being a fan whenever they want. Just don't come here whining about how they were wronged, and it's not THEIR fault they are leaving. They are quitters. They quit on the team. Fine.. good riddance, and stop your bitching.

Blueflame
10-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Big time. I hope that 'fan' wrote that novella after a few drinks so he lost perspective of life over-all. It is just a spectator sport from OUR viewpoint. Doubt the author's sincerity anyway as it's nothing more than a self-pity party.

I was just as guilty pre-Shanny. A loss would have ruined my week but I attribute it to youth and not having stepped into the real world as of yet.

If one wants to jump ship they are free to. Don't write a long-winded suicide note about it though. No one cares.

Yep. Football... or anything else one does in their leisure time... is supposed to be fun. If you're not enjoying it then by all means turn off your TV and go find something else to do.

But other football fans are going to make fun of you if you go online with a lengthy post whining that because the team won't let you choose who the starting QB is, you're gonna "take your ball and go home". And that's the gist of what this guy was saying.

Furthermore, if a poster does decide to post a dramatic "Farewell, I'm leaving" post... it really should be the very. last. post. they make on that forum. It makes one even more of a laughingstock if they hang around replying after saying goodbye.

Punisher
10-06-2011, 03:15 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Ai0hM.gif
Case in point.

lmao@you calling me a p***Y, when you can't even keep your word from your little tantrum.

I did kept my word whore McD is gone so im here

TheReverend
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I did kept my word whore McD is gone so im here

You were still posting while he was here though...

Punisher
10-06-2011, 04:43 PM
You were still posting while he was here though...

Because i was a bitter whore with no one to talk to outside this website

broncswin
10-07-2011, 12:09 PM
This place is pure comic relief....I love it here...LOL

55CrushEm
10-07-2011, 12:23 PM

You have nobody to talk to outside of the Orangemane?!? Sad.

Flex Gunmetal
10-07-2011, 12:32 PM

You are a pathetic assclown. Strong life.

rbackfactory80
10-11-2011, 04:10 PM
So did this guy come back yet??? I bet he did.

smoke4815162342
10-14-2011, 11:22 AM
So I'm guessing the author of that article is back to being a fan?

vancejohnson82
10-14-2011, 11:32 AM
You are a pathetic assclown. Strong life.

are there any assclowns who aren't pathetic?

I think thats a valid question

Peoples Champ
10-14-2011, 12:02 PM
were bad now, he will be back when we are good.

myMind
10-14-2011, 12:11 PM
are there any assclowns who aren't pathetic?

I think thats a valid question

from the well respected pages of the urban dictionary:

Ass clown (ás kloun) n.:

one, who, through the fault of his parents conception, is a skid mark in society's collective underwear.

Phat Pat is ASS CLOWN.

So by our nations standards I believe the answer is no.
There are no assclowns that escape being pathetic.