PDA

View Full Version : Full switch to orange jerseys gets approved.

Killericon
10-03-2011, 03:46 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19031069

Rohirrim
10-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Now that's a bit of ****ing alright!

Killericon
10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Don't get me wrong; I like the Orange Jerseys, and I will probably grow to love them. But I started rooting for the Broncos in '04, so for me(and I suspect for more than a few of us relative new guys), it'll be Blue and Orange, rather than Orange and Blue.

That said, it's nice that we're not one of the many[MANY] blue teams in the NFL.

Plus, this means there probably isn't a redesign anytime in the near future.

Ironlung
10-03-2011, 03:52 PM
They'll look especially badass without #8 behind center.

mkporter
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Woo! Add this to Von Miller, and we have two things to be happy out this year. That's a pretty big improvement on last year already.

DarkHorse30
draft defense - check

orange jerseys permanent home jersey - check

surprise SD by beating them when we shouldn't ......... ha ha ha

Dendave
now if they would only go back to the old D logo

BroncoBuff
10-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Next step is orange pants. Orange over orange ... seriously.

mkporter
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM

Yes.

Popps
10-03-2011, 03:56 PM
****ing aye!

If nothing else goes right this season... this did.

HILife
10-03-2011, 03:57 PM
I love the orange jerseys. Much nicer looking then the blue and Broncos will stand out from the rest.

Punisher
10-03-2011, 04:03 PM
IT'S PARTY TIME
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh55/crazichica2289/GIFs/Randoms/NinjaTurtles.gif

serious hops
10-03-2011, 04:06 PM
WINNING!

Now if we could just do some of that on the field as well, all would be right with the world. . .

broncosteven
10-03-2011, 04:08 PM
If they were going back to the old orange jersey's I would be happy but I don't like the new alternate jersey's I prefer the blue in that style, just one more to distance us from the SB teams.

DomCasual
10-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Hasn't this been announced, in some iteration, like, seven times now? Every time the Broncos do something terrible lately, they bring out another iteration of the orange jerseys announcement.

Broncos lose by eight TDs to Raiders!

Announcement: The team is talking about switching back to the orange jerseys!

Broncos fire McDaniels! Wishes the whole thing never happened!

Announcement: The team is getting really serious about changing to the orange jerseys!

Broncos finish 4-12!

Announcement: Broncos actually fill out paperwork to switch to orange jerseys!

Broncos coach John Fox to start Orton!

Announcement: Broncos affix postage to letter! Joe Ellis seen mailing notice informing the NFL of switch to orange jerseys!

Broncos lose another game to Raiders!

Announcement: Goodell seen opening letter about Broncos switch to orange jerseys!

Broncos give up six TDs to Aaron Rodgers in loss to Packers!

Announcement: Goodell okays Broncos switch to orange jerseys!

Broncos lose to Chargers! Fox to start Tebow - at long snapper!

Announcement: Goodell really tired of confirming Broncos switch to orange jerseys!

HorseHead
10-03-2011, 04:39 PM
it's sad when this is the best f----n' news I have heard in awhile....

wouldn't mind seeing some Orange Crush uniforms once in awhile...the Jets milk that New York Titan crap once or twice a year....

Smilin Assassin
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
it's sad when this is the best f----n' news I have heard in awhile....

wouldn't mind seeing some Orange Crush uniforms once in awhile...the Jets milk that New York Titan crap once or twice a year....

This

Taco John
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
This is awesome for me. I enjoyed the Blue uniforms, but I didn't love them. I love rooting for Orange. There's something that set my heart afire when I see the Orange Broncos unis out there. I didn't name this place the Blue Mane.

OBF1
10-03-2011, 05:10 PM
This is awesome for me. I enjoyed the Blue uniforms, but I didn't love them. I love rooting for Orange. There's something that set my heart afire when I see the Orange Broncos unis out there. I didn't name this place the Blue Mane.

End thread

Killericon
10-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Hasn't this been announced, in some iteration, like, seven times now? Every time the Broncos do something terrible lately, they bring out another iteration of the orange jerseys announcement.

You're kind of right, but this is the last one.

DENVERDUI55
10-03-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow when this is the best thing to happen to your team it's going to be a long season.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 05:22 PM

This is one of the best posts of all time, imo.

broncosteven
10-03-2011, 05:59 PM

Bowlen must be hoping to sell some more KM jersey's...

Kaylore
10-03-2011, 07:09 PM

LOL

Jetmeck
10-03-2011, 07:42 PM
sAD DEAL if this is all we got to be happy BOUT

BroncoBuff
10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Stupid Mike Klis. "Burnt" orange ... really?

You actually typed the word "burnt" ... twice?

'Burnt orange' is either the Texas Longhorns' color, or the reddish-orange tint worn by the Broncos in the 1970s. We switched to the brighter orange in 78 or 79.

http://endzonesportscharities.org/72h_u.jpg . . .http://endzonesportscharities.org/67-8h_u.jpg

Bronco-beater Dan Graham's father Tom and Pro Football Hall of Famer
Floyd Little model the anything-but-latest burnt orange jerseys.

Stupid Klis,

Ratboy
10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
You think giving the fans Orange jersey's will shut us up about Orton?

For now... Yes!

I need to get a new orange jersey. I have Moreno ($15, cheaply made in Korea) and Portis.

I'll probably get my name added this time.

strafen
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
I didn't care one way or another. The blue uniforms are cool, but at the end of the day, orange is what the Broncos have always been associated with in the NFL.
I guess, it's a good thing. I approve!

maven
10-03-2011, 11:19 PM
I personally liked the all blue uniforms. Now with the switch to orange jerseys, I don't really like the dark blue helmets with the orange jersey. I think they should change the helmet to white with the orange jersey.

Pick Six
10-04-2011, 01:17 AM
That's the best Broncos news I've heard in a LONG while...:strong::thumbs:

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2011, 01:35 AM

I'd go for orange pants as the 'visitors' uni like we had many many moons ago. I liked them back then. It allowed us to still have our colors!

It will be nice to see more orange in the crowd as well.

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2011, 02:31 AM

I'd go for orange pants as the 'visitors' uni like we had many many moons ago. I liked them back then. It allowed us to still have our colors!

It will be nice to see more orange in the crowd as well.

BroncoBuff
10-04-2011, 05:31 AM

Oh Yoda ... you so smoooth.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 05:51 AM
Don't get me wrong; I like the Orange Jerseys, and I will probably grow to love them. But I started rooting for the Broncos in '04, so for me(and I suspect for more than a few of us relative new guys), it'll be Blue and Orange, rather than Orange and Blue.

That said, it's nice that we're not one of the many[MANY] blue teams in the NFL.

I became a fan in '87, when I was 10, and I'd love it if they went back to the old uniform. I still don't like this new design. Looks like an arena league uniform. I don't like most of these new uniforms that football teams are wearing. I like the classic uniforms a lot better.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 05:55 AM
"This is what our fans wanted," Broncos president Joe Ellis said. "And we're going to accommodate their wishes starting with 2012."

Why not start Tebow now?

MileHighMagic
10-04-2011, 06:48 AM
I will settle for the new orange but the old orange and blue were killer.

If that petition worked, we should definitely start a Tebow one.

HAT
10-04-2011, 07:03 AM
I didn't name this place the Blue Mane.

That would've been as dumb as naming it the Orange Mane had the designers actually put a blue mane on the logo.

eddie mac
10-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Wont matter what colour they wear. They are still a bunch of useless ****s.

ppablo
10-04-2011, 08:56 AM
"This is what our fans wanted," Broncos president Joe Ellis said. "And we're going to accommodate their wishes starting with 2012."

Why not start Tebow now?

Yup that's what I was thinking when I read that too

Bronco Yoda
10-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Oh Yoda ... you so smoooth.

ALWAYS! Ha!

DenverBroncosJM
10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
A online petition signed by 10,000 really got this going...I wonder what other kind of petition could get something going..

Dogsweat
10-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Mule fans actually prefer the orange vomit as opposed to the Navy Blue?

BowlenBall
10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Very glad they're switching back to orange, but this particular hue looks almost Bengal-ish to me:

http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-269032/cache/100311_broncoorange04.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJ PG?1317750914

THIS is true Denver Broncos orange:

http://www.halloffamememorabilia.com/images/products/p-478886-john-elway-1986-sports-illustrated-hc-0hesizahtz.jpg

Captain 'Dre
10-04-2011, 11:11 AM

It only makes sense that each team in a division has a primary color that no other team in the division possesses (as a primary).

For the Raiders, it's black

For the Chargers, it's blue

For the Chiefs, it's red.

If ya ask me, thie Broncos' move to 'permanent' orange jerseys restores a bit of order to an otherwise chaotic universe. :sunshine:

maven
10-04-2011, 11:14 AM
With Nike getting the contract now starting next year, we might see some funky jerseys in the nFL.

I would like to see orange pants, orange jersey, and white helmet.

bronco militia
10-04-2011, 11:24 AM

LOLLOLLOLLOL

(make sure you read the original post)

Smilin Assassin
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
I became a fan in '87, when I was 10, and I'd love it if they went back to the old uniform. I still don't like this new design. Looks like an arena league uniform. I don't like most of these new uniforms that football teams are wearing. I like the classic uniforms a lot better.

This This This x 100.

Hate to admit I prefer the classic unis such as Green Bay, Chicago, and yes..even the chiefs design.

Just don't dig the "futuristic" designs.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
This This This x 100.

Hate to admit I prefer the classic unis such as Green Bay, Chicago, and yes..even the chiefs design.

Just don't dig the "futuristic" designs.

Yep, seems like graphic designers are coming up with these high tech uniforms today. I believe it all started with the Broncos and that weird looking strip on the side and cutting edge logo.

Classic uniforms are awesome, and I like the ones that you mentioned. I also hate to admit that the Chiefs have a good design, and I'll choose not to admit that the Raiders also have a good design. I'd say that the Jets did a great thing by switching back to the '60s style uniforms.

It's cool to see video of the Packers and Cowboys playing back in the '60s, then seeing them playing against each other today and it's the same uniforms.

When it comes to uniforms, I'd say that less is more.

SimonFletcher73
10-04-2011, 12:06 PM
Navy should have never been changed to our primary color. I guess Bowlen needed the money that the muted color provided. I prefer the mid 60's AFL joints that we got murdered in 1994 on throwback day. Jets and Giants were right to go back to their old ones, I don't see why we can't.

SimonFletcher73
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
In 1996 the Broncos weren't selling that much gear. I was in high school. Nobody wore Broncos gear. Loud colors and the stench of losing.

Smilin Assassin
10-04-2011, 12:13 PM
In 1996 the Broncos weren't selling that much gear. I was in high school. Nobody wore Broncos gear. Loud colors and the stench of losing.

I'm thinkin', had we not made the change...you'd have seen alot more of those loud colors in '97 and '98.

Sure, the change made alot of us go out and get new gear, but the old color/scheme would have had a huge bump during those years, as well.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
With Nike getting the contract now starting next year, we might see some funky jerseys in the nFL.

I would like to see orange pants, orange jersey, and white helmet.

Both parts of this idea are just horrible. Just horrible.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 12:32 PM

I'm thinkin', had we not made the change...you'd have seen alot more of those loud colors in '97 and '98.

Sure, the change made alot of us go out and get new gear, but the old color/scheme would have had a huge bump during those years, as well.

Both points here are correct.

The Broncos were near the bottom when it came to jersey sales. Nobody wanted to wear an orange jersey at the time. But winning two Super Bowls would have changed that. And styles changed among the younger folks. Those loud colors came back in style when Mitchell and Ness throwbacks became popular about 10 or so years ago. If the Broncos had stuck with the old uniforms, coupled with winning two Super Bowls, then those jerseys would have sold like crazy.

One more point about the throwbacks becoming popular. In the '90s nobody wore an orange Broncos jersey. But when the throwbacks became popular, I'd see orange Elway, Atwater, and Mecklenburg jerseys often around LA. I'd also see the Bucs jerseys, which were really bright orange.

BowlenBall
10-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Last six seasons with the orange jerseys:

1991: 12 wins, 4 losses
1992: 8 wins, 8 losses
1993: 9 wins, 7 losses
1994: 7 wins, 9 losses
1995: 8 wins, 8 losses
1996: 13 wins, 3 losses

I'd sell my soul to get that "stench" back....

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I prefer the mid 60's AFL joints that we got murdered in 1994 on throwback day. Jets and Giants were right to go back to their old ones, I don't see why we can't.

My only issue with those uniforms is the only time I've seen them play in them, they got blown the hell out at home by the Raiders. So every time I see that jersey or that helmet, it makes me think of that game.

Jason in LA
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Last six seasons with the orange jerseys:

1991: 12 wins, 4 losses
1992: 8 wins, 8 losses
1993: 9 wins, 7 losses
1994: 7 wins, 9 losses
1995: 8 wins, 8 losses
1996: 13 wins, 3 losses

I'd sell my soul to get that "stench" back....

I'd say that he meant losing Super Bowls.

SimonFletcher73
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
It was the perception of many at the time though. Maybe the Bills should have changed it up after that 4th Super Bowl loss.

ol#7
10-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I hated the switch to "Primarily" Orange jerseys. Thought we look(ed) like the Barcelona Dragons. I only got on board because we kicked ass in the new duds. Like us better in orange though.

SimonFletcher73
10-04-2011, 12:45 PM
My only issue with those uniforms is the only time I've seen them play in them, they got blown the hell out at home by the Raiders. So every time I see that jersey or that helmet, it makes me think of that game.

It's been so long since that game. I now associate it with people wearing knock off jerseys in a size 56 that looks like a dress. The real Mitchell and Ness version is still pretty bad no matter how authentic they say it is. The real deal from Wilson that they sold back then was a great looking jersey.

They were going for $800-$1000 each back in 99 and 00.

hambone13
10-04-2011, 03:21 PM

ROFL!:strong:

This says oh so much in such a small space. Well done.

Archer81
10-04-2011, 03:40 PM
Reporter: We are here with a few Bronco fans. After the team's 2-14 record, what direction do you feel the team needs to go in?

Fan 1: Huh? ORANGE JERSEYS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Fan 2: I think its time we completely clean house and honestly rebuild rather than play an average vet. He clearly did not give us the best chance to win...

Fan 1: DUDE! ORANGE JERSEYS!

Broncos HQ/Deathstar, Bowlen/Palpatine sits in a chair, hooded in shadow. Elway in black, wearing a helmet/mask: Bowlentine: That second fan...the force is strong with him. Bring him to us...he must join us...

Elwayder: Yes, master...

:Broncos: