PDA

View Full Version : Well, this canít be a good sign

Gutless Drunk
10-03-2011, 01:43 PM
Broncos tickets offered on online deal site
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/03/broncos-tickets-discounted-online/9899/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-blogs-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%3A+Blo g%29

"Well, this canít be a good sign.

Tickets to Sundayís game between the Broncos and Chargers are available for a discount on livingsocial.com, a website that offers daily deals for restaurants, events and services."

"Are the Broncos that bad now that the team has to severely discount tickets to fill seats? For a franchise with such a strong history of great home crowds, it has to be disappointing. Denver has long prided itself on its sellout streak and lack of TV blackouts that affect other similar-sized markets. I surely hope thatís not coming next."

OBF1
10-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Do not be suprised

Swedish Extrovert
10-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Winning heals all.

Peoples Champ
10-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Winning heals all.

or tebow, wasnt it sold out last year when we were 4-10 and Tebow was in?

Swedish Extrovert
10-03-2011, 02:26 PM
They're always sold out. People decide not to show even though they have tickets.

Broncos tix are still in demand here. It's the people with season tickets that are just losing intrest from week to week, so you have an unusually high number of no-shows.

Despite our suckage, we still have possibly the second best small-market fan base behind Green Bay. Actually, I would consider Denver a medium-market team, so that increases perception even further.

Que
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
They're always sold out. People decide not to show even though they have tickets.

Broncos tix are still in demand here. It's the people with season tickets that are just losing intrest from week to week, so you have an unusually high number of no-shows.

Despite our suckage, we still have possibly the second best small-market fan base behind Green Bay. Actually, I would consider Denver a medium-market team, so that increases perception even further.

Not for long. A pity really. How to screw up a storied franchise and tremendous asset in 3 short years.

Swedish Extrovert
10-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I'm ashamed that Denver is turning into a freaking baseball town. Blech... I'd rather watch golf.

I'd be perfectly fine with shipping the Rockies out to another city.

24champ
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
Didn't see this thread.

I wouldn't be surprised to see blackouts and the artificial sellout streak ending coming down the pike.

maven
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
living social? hahaha no way.

Here's the deal:

2 Upper Level Tickets, Parking Pass, $20 for Food and Drink, Player-Autographed Photo + Tailgate Party ($155) or 2 Club Level Tickets, Parking Pass, $20 for Food and Drink, Autographed Photo, 2 Pre-Game Field Passes ($460)

BUY: $155

128 purchased so far

1 day remaining

It's only valid for the SD game this weekend.

http://livingsocial.com/deals/140203?ctr=4&msdc_id=26

OBF1
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM

Funny how the "Kids" on the site have no idea what Denver football was all about. Young man, you were not even born when Denver Football season tickets were more valuable than gold.

Married couples would get divorced, the man would lose the house, pay out the ass for alimony and child support and have the wife end up with his hunting dog.... YET it was a huge win for the man since he got to keep the season tickets they had for years.

lostknight
10-03-2011, 03:00 PM

These are not tickets that were sold, and no-showed. There are tickets here that were never sold. If that were by design, I think the front office would have put the kibbish on this story by now.

Again, those tickets have been sold. These appear to be different tickets, not resold tickets.

I agree with this, but the suckage has taken a huge toll on the market. The fans are not the same as they once were.