PDA

View Full Version : Orton apologists repent

Eldorado
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
And I certainly fell into that category, so this is not a call out thread.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:40 AM
In before poll

oubronco
10-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Suck for Luck

jhns
10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
It doesn't matter at this point. I would almost rather have him stick with his choice. That way he goes down with Orton. If you aren't smart enough to play the guy that has proven to be a lot more productive, you shouldn't be coaching this franchise.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 08:42 AM
one add... Yes. Tebow or Quinn. Who gives a ****, just get him out of there. (after the bye)

Eldorado
10-03-2011, 08:43 AM
It doesn't matter at this point. I would almost rather have him stick with his choice. That way he goes down with Orton. If you aren't smart enough to play the guy that has proven to be a lot more productive, you shouldn't be coaching this franchise.

We can still win the division.

jhns
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM

Not with Fox and Orton.

OABB
10-03-2011, 08:44 AM
Not ortons fault. He needs a good running game, a good defense, a good special teams, he needs to play against bad defenses, he needs the turnover rules changed, he needs to face no blitzing, he needs luck, and he needs the team to show extra heart to cover up his apathy.
If he had all that he would be really good.

So back off the orton bashing.

DrFate
10-03-2011, 08:45 AM

http://helpittssinkiburgh.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/lombardi-trophy.jpg

maher_tyler
10-03-2011, 08:46 AM
Only if its Tebow! Quinn didn't show me anything in preseaon to make me think he'll do anything better than Orton. That last preseason game, he couldn't ever get the ball past the 50!

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:47 AM
To clarify my vote, my PREFERENCE is to building towards the future with Tebow (*or, in worst case, getting an ANSWER for the future whether it's yes or no), but I'll certainly be content with getting this douche bag off the Broncos starting line-up.

Kaylore
10-03-2011, 08:48 AM
There have been like 4 Orton fans on this board.

strafen
10-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Fox is just too scared to play Tebow, in my opinion.
He feels Elways watching over his shoulders, that he's affraid Elway will diaspprove his decision to play Tebow at some point.

Elway has meddled in way more than he should've to start with.
Fox, will not pull the trigger for Tebow for that reason.
Just watch...

PS: Why would he name Quinn and Tebow both the back-ups with not clear definition who is 2 and who is 3 officially in the depth chart. It may have changed, but I think he still has both Tebow and Quinn as the #2 QB's behind Orton.

baja
10-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Where is the fire Fox and hire Dennison option?

Crushaholic
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
Rodgers and the the Green Bay offense had a career day, and some of you are STILL blaming Orton? Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
It seems like only yesterday posters were happy he was thrown in with that piss poor Cutler trade.

oubronco
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
"How bad will the board freak when they sign Orton long term"

Eldorado
10-03-2011, 08:56 AM

I tried to keep the coach out of this. Just strictly which team do you want to see on Sunday.

jhns
10-03-2011, 08:57 AM
Rodgers and the the Green Bay offense had a career day, and some of you are STILL blaming Orton? Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

If only you could outsmart a rock.

strafen
10-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Rodgers and the the Green Bay offense had a career day, and some of you are STILL blaming Orton? Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!What about the Tennessee game?
Did you blame it on somebody else?Hilarious! Hilarious!

Eldorado
10-03-2011, 09:04 AM

I'm not blaming Orton for the loss. We weren't going to win that one. I'm just done watching him and do not believe anymore that he gives us the best chance to win.

2KBack
10-03-2011, 09:06 AM

Orton has earned his criticism, though not as much as he gets IMO. What I find mind boggling is that there was so much we could be discussing that had just as much influence, if not more, on the game. Where is the thread about the onside kick? Where is the thread calling for Pell's head, who has had a season of timely drops and fumbles. Why are we afraid to talk about how much of a liability Dawkins has become in the passing game?

Nope, we need 10 threads about our not quite good enough to overcome the holes and inconsistency of other parts of the team.

**** just put Tebow in already so we can actually discuss the goddamn team...oh wait, that won't happen. Because every bad thing will probably be Tebow's fault after that.

Crushaholic
10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
What about the Tennessee game?
Did you blame it on somebody else?Hilarious! Hilarious!

The Tennessee game was a complete team failure. That includes Orton and the INT problem. However, it goes beyond Orton. The run defense generally did a good job, but they DID give up a long TD run. We had a great shot to win that game, but poor playcalling and execution stood in the way. The infamous 4th down "run it up the middle" was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while, from the Broncos coaching staff...

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM

Everyone knew it would take a perfect effort to beat the Packers in Green Bay. Orton made sure the day would be anything but perfect before the first quarter ended.

Greatspirits
10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
People need to get off Ortons back, he's trying as hard as he can! Besides he gives us the best chance to stay in the Luck sweepstakes!!

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 09:21 AM
The Tennessee game was a complete team failure. That includes Orton and the INT problem. However, it goes beyond Orton. The run defense generally did a good job, but they DID give up a long TD run. We had a great shot to win that game, but poor playcalling and execution stood in the way. The infamous 4th down "run it up the middle" was one of the worst calls I've seen in a while, from the Broncos coaching staff...

How long can you possibly keep this up? The defense has played well enough to win 3 games. Orton has not.

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
How long can you possibly keep this up? The defense has played well enough to win 3 games. Orton has not.

Facts have no room in discussions with Ortoninites.

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 09:23 AM
I wish this poll didn't give people the option to dodge the question.

oubronco
10-03-2011, 09:24 AM

WTF? This defense couldn't stop a fat man from rolling uphill when it needs too

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:25 AM

Ortonites love to throw the rest of the team under the bus.

DBroncos4life
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM
If you have a coaching problem, and no one will fire him. If you can find him, Maybe your team will get lucky and sign K Otron....

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 09:26 AM

But the offense has put points on the board when it needs to?

oubronco
10-03-2011, 09:27 AM
Ortonites love to throw the rest of the team under the bus.

Orton is just part of the problem the Defense sucks and thats fact

Crushaholic
10-03-2011, 09:28 AM

I'd invite you to peruse this thread. Yes, the defense still sucks...

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100240

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:28 AM

The defense played well enough to win the first three games. The Tebow led Broncos never scored less than what this defense gave up in those games. Facts...

Peoples Champ
10-03-2011, 09:30 AM
4 picks, one on a wide open Lloyd for a TD?

oubronco
The defense played well enough to win the first three games. The Tebow led Broncos never scored less than what this defense gave up in those games. Facts...

Tebow Tebow Tebow get over it, it's obvious they aren't going to play him

Dedhed

So does Orton, and that's fact. All we heard from the Ortonites was "give Orton even a mediocre defense and he'll lead this team to wins". Well through 3 weeks the defense was ranked in the top half of the league, and I didn't see those wins.

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Tebow Tebow Tebow get over it, it's obvious they aren't going to play him

It is also obvious that Fox is the worst coach in the NFL.

oubronco
10-03-2011, 09:33 AM

Possibly but McD ****ed this team on talent and it will take time to fix it

Crushaholic
10-03-2011, 09:34 AM

No, that would be Jim Caldwell. The real coach of the Indianapolis Colts is likely finished for the year with neck problems...

Lolad
10-03-2011, 09:34 AM

Ortons pick 6 was a 14 point swing the other way. His other Int led to another TD. That's 21 points from Orton! The defense deserves some blame but Orton deserves half of it. Our cb's are playing another bend but don't break D and we got bent over

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:35 AM
No, that would be Jim Caldwell. The real coach of the Indianapolis Colts is likely finished for the year with neck problems...

You are probably right.

jhns
10-03-2011, 09:41 AM
Possibly but McD ****ed this team on talent and it will take time to fix it

This is very true. The talent issue is a great excuse for this last game, and a lot of the upcomming games. I think coaching lost us the two early games though. It was bad calls, mistakes, and penalties that lost those. It was a refusal to play talent, or inability to evaluate talent, that contributed to the losses.

I was expecting losses this year. I wasn't expecting a coach that doesn't understand the basics.

Pony Boy
10-03-2011, 10:07 AM

rbackfactory80
10-03-2011, 10:08 AM
We might have to keep bumping this thread. I heard most of the ortonites were working double shifts until the Broncos win a game.

McDman
10-03-2011, 10:21 AM

You're already calling for the coaches head?

zdoor
10-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I don't understand anything our FO is doing at this point...

Rohirrim
10-03-2011, 10:44 AM
I say suck for Luck, then trade Tebow and Quinn for whatever you can get and restructure Orton as a backup.

Maximus
10-03-2011, 10:50 AM
It doesn't matter who the QB is! I know this... Alpha Seirra is a troll!

OrangeSe7en
10-03-2011, 10:58 AM

They want to draft a QB in the first round next year and they're worried that if Tebow plays, he might do well and make it hard to justify drafting a QB in the first round.

Houshyamama
10-03-2011, 11:06 AM
I know everyone wants Orton off the team (myself included), but sticking Quinn in there is the height of over reaction.

Hey, this coffee is horrible. In fact it's so horrible I'd rather drink from toilet.

Eldorado
10-03-2011, 11:09 AM
I know everyone wants Orton off the team (myself included), but sticking Quinn in there is the height of over reaction.

Hey, this coffee is horrible. In fact it's so horrible I'd rather drink from toilet.

That's how I feel. Would like to see Tebow, though.

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 11:15 AM

I agree to a point, but I think we're already drinking toilet water.

SportinOne
10-03-2011, 11:20 AM
i voted just to vote but this is a dumb thread if its intention is to call attention to "the reason" we are losing.. Orton's interceptions were only a part of the problem. Orton's not a bad QB. it's easy to get frustrated with losing, and knowing that we will continue to lose.. but let's be real.. even if we replaced Orton with a great QB we are still incredibly flawed as a team.. until we fix that it really doesn't matter.. that said, i'm now all for Tebow time. let's see what we got, and if he's the second coming, good. if not, we just assured ourselves another top 5 pick, maybe the top pick.. Put him in, coach.

Houshyamama
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM
That's how I feel. Would like to see Tebow, though.

Same here.

I agree to a point, but I think we're already drinking toilet water.

I really think that Quinn is awful. And not just Orton awful, but Chris Simms awful.

TailgateNut
10-03-2011, 11:27 AM

Although it says "earth", what ****ing planets are you from? How many yards did GB hang on us? How many points? The D played well? ROFL!

strafen
10-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Orton is 0-2 when the defense allows 49 points or more.
I've just thought I threw that one in there...

Peoples Champ
10-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Ortons pick 6 was 7 of those points, and a few more of his picks led to scores

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 11:55 AM
Although it says "earth", what ****ing planets are you from? How many yards did GB hang on us? How many points? The D played well? ROFL!

How many games have we played? How many games did I say the defense played well enough to win in? Subtract the two, and then see if you can deduce which game I left out.

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 11:59 AM

Is there any commonality you can see in those 2 games? I'll give you a hint: It rhymes with "nick fix."

gunns
10-03-2011, 01:02 PM

No where I hope

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
I really think that Quinn is awful. And not just Orton awful, but Chris Simms awful.
Orton's toilet water with #1 in it. Quinn is toilet water with #2 in it.

TailgateNut
10-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Orton's toilet water with #1 in it. Quinn is toilet water with #2 in it.

and TimBow is toilet water with both in it.:approve:

MplsBronco
10-03-2011, 01:31 PM
"How bad will the board freak when they sign Orton long term"

That's what I am thinking. More like how bad will I freak when they extend him.

Nwp-Apap
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
I used to support Orton. Not here, obviously, but amongst coworkers and peers. I apologize.

go_broncos
10-03-2011, 01:35 PM
There have been like 4 Orton fans on this board.

Not suprised as some posters still think Mcd is a good coach.

Houshyamama
10-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Not suprised as some posters still think Mcd is a good coach.

Your avatar gives us the best chance to win.

Mogulseeker
10-03-2011, 02:32 PM
I supported Fox's decision to put in Orton, and I thought the season would be salvageable... that is, if we were 4-1 at the bye, keep him in. It's not his fault we're 1-3... I'm not surprised that the Bronco nation is calling for Orton's head right now, but Orton was 22/32, 273, 3-3 (two of the INTs were quite literally in no way his fault)... Orton can't stop Rodgers from putting up 49 points on us. It's not in his MO. He's a quarterback.

Nevertheless, I'd say we have a 1st rounder, let's see what we got - we might not have to waste another first rounder on a QB this year, and we can get a CB instead.

Unlike Orton, a good CB could have helped prevent Rodgers from putting up 49 points.

Coaches think of seasons in terms of quarters, and the first quarter is over. SD is the start of the second. Start Orton, and if we head into the bye 1-4, give Tebow practice reps and start him for the rest of the year.

Did anyone really expect to beat the Packers?

MplsBronco
10-03-2011, 02:35 PM
I supported Fox's decision to put in Orton, and I thought the season would be salvageable... that is, if we were 4-1 at the bye, keep him in. It's not his fault we're 1-3... I'm not surprised that the Bronco nation is calling for Orton's head right now, but Orton was 22/32, 273, 3-3 (two of the INTs were quite literally in no way his fault)... Orton can't stop Rodgers from putting up 49 points on us. It's not in his MO. He's a quarterback.

Nevertheless, I'd say we have a 1st rounder, let's see what we got - we might not have to waste another first rounder on a QB this year, and we can get a CB instead.

Unlike Orton, a good CB could have helped prevent Rodgers from putting up 49 points.Coaches think of seasons in terms of quarters, and the first quarter is over. SD is the start of the second. Start Orton, and if we head into the bye 1-4, give Tebow practice reps and start him for the rest of the year.

Did anyone really expect to beat the Packers?

Clearly someone didn't watch the game.

Mogulseeker
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Clearly someone didn't watch the game.

One was a desperation pass and the other was actually caught by Decker and popped out straight in the air after he was hit.

Rodgers put up 42 points himself, and the 49 was the Pack, as the royal we of sorts for Rodgers since he is the face of the franchise.

MplsBronco
10-03-2011, 02:39 PM
One was a desperation pass and the other was actually caught by Decker and popped out straight in the air after he was hit.

First off, 2 of those INT's were absolutely Orton's fault. Unless you consider anytime Orton has to throw over 40 yards desperation, then I will agree on the grossly underthrown ball to Lloyd. Even the 3rd was a forced throw but I don't put too much weight on that one. And he gave GB 7 points on his other INT.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 02:40 PM
First off, 2 of those INT's were absolutely Orton's fault. Unless you consider anytime Orton has to throw over 40 yards desperation, then I will agree on the grossly underthrown ball to Lloyd. Even the 3rd was a forced throw but I don't put too much weight on that one. And he gave GB 7 points on his other INT.

According to Decker the 1st pick was his fault...

strafen
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
If we really, really, really wan to get Andrew Luck, let's root for Orton to remain the starter...

Mogulseeker
10-03-2011, 02:48 PM
Nah, the first pick was Orton's fault. It was a terrible read vs. a good read by the defense.

As for shortselling Lloyd on the deep pass... very few qb's in the league can make that throw. Tebow included.

The Broncos will have a better record with Orton at the helm vs Tebow at the helm. If the Broncos are 1-4 headed into the bye, I say effit... start Tebow because of his ceiling.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 02:51 PM

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011100211/2011/REG4/broncos@packers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

31 seconds in.

Just looked it up so I could see. And, yeah, NO chance. Orton lets that fly AFTER Decker is into his break and literally hits Woodson in the hands.

UNLESS Decker was supposed to read a quick come back (where he would've been blanketed by a HoF Woodson sitting in the flat), this is Orton... and honestly, it would be anyway, considering:

1. You don't make that throw with Woodson draped all over him.

2. You threw after his break so this is moot anyway...

OABB
10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
and TimBow is toilet water with both in it.:approve:

1-3 with 8 turnovers is what we got from the guy you are rooting for....

So.......

Go sit back in your corner and let the people who arent so wrong talk....

maven
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Orton gives us the best chance to win!

ROFL!

I BELIEVE!!!!

TheDave
10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2011100211/2011/REG4/broncos@packers#menu=highlights&tab=recap

31 seconds in.

Just looked it up so I could see. And, yeah, NO chance. Orton lets that fly AFTER Decker is into his break and literally hits Woodson in the hands.

UNLESS Decker was supposed to read a quick come back (where he would've been blanketed by a HoF Woodson sitting in the flat), this is Orton... and honestly, it would be anyway, considering:

1. You don't make that throw with Woodson draped all over him.

2. You threw after his break so this is moot anyway...

I only saw it quickly in the highliught (DVR fvcked up the 1st qtr), but he said he rounded his route and allowed the corner to undercut him... Just relaying what he said.

Quoydogs
10-03-2011, 02:56 PM
1-3 with 8 turnovers is what we got from the guy you are rooting for....

So.......

Go sit back in your corner and let the people who arent so wrong talk....
Sad thing is according to them this is our best chance to win. Tebow/Quinn must really SUCK.

swaiy
10-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Nah, the first pick was Orton's fault. It was a terrible read vs. a good read by the defense.

As for shortselling Lloyd on the deep pass... very few qb's in the league can make that throw. Tebow included.

The Broncos will have a better record with Orton at the helm vs Tebow at the helm. If the Broncos are 1-4 headed into the bye, I say effit... start Tebow because of his ceiling.

So Orton does have a noodle arm?

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 02:59 PM
I only saw it quickly in the highliught (DVR ****ed up the 1st qtr), but he said he rounded his route and allowed the corner to undercut him... Just relaying what he said.

Woodson barely even moves.

Nothing was "undercut"

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:02 PM

Nothing was "undercut"

Damn't...Then ED is lying to us

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Damn't...Then ED is lying to us

Just watch it.

He could've done a hard 90 degree out and it would've changed nothing.

And I don't think he's lying... Orton probably blamed him.

OABB
10-03-2011, 03:06 PM
Sad thing is according to them this is our best chance to win. Tebow/Quinn must really SUCK.

Its hard to be objective when you are so deep into something. Orton is fools gold and I imagine inside dove valley, he is seemingly the most qualified.

But 8 turnovers in 4 games is something terrible. If tebow did that as a rookie the haters would go apop here.

We WOULD.be 3-1 or at least 2-2 with Tebow....sooo they ARE wrong.

It happens.

Crushaholic
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
Its hard to be objective when you are so deep into something. Orton is fools gold and I imagine inside dove valley, he is seemingly the most qualified.

But 8 turnovers in 4 games is something terrible. If tebow did that as a rookie the haters would go apop here.

We WOULD.be 3-1 or at least 2-2 with Tebow....sooo they ARE wrong.

It happens.

The bolded part is nothing but speculation...

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
Just watch it.

I just watched it... and that was a terrible route by decker. Blame could still go both ways, but that was a terrible route.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I just watched it... and that was a terrible route by decker. Blame could still go both ways, but that was a terrible route.

Refer back to this post:

Just watch it.

maven
10-03-2011, 03:11 PM
It wasn't a good route run by Decker. I can see how he thinks it's his fault.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Refer back to this post:

I agree with you that Orton threw that shallow... But you know football.

Rounding off an out like Decker did gets you chewed out in HS. In the pros it creates all sorts of problems.

maven
10-03-2011, 03:14 PM

The route run by Decker would have required a differerent thrown ball to the sideline.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:15 PM
I agree with you that Orton threw that shallow... But you know football.

Rounding off an out like Decker did gets you shewed out in HS. In the pros it creates all sorts of problems.

You're dodging the issue.

Did it change ANYTHING? That out was a pick 6 the ENTIRE way no matter wtf Decker runs.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:17 PM
You're dodging the issue.

Did it change ANYTHING? That out was a pick 6 the ENTIRE way no matter wtf Decker runs.

In this play probably not (though his route was ****ty enough to effect the CB)... He keeps that up everyone will be jumping it.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:21 PM
In this play probably not (though his route was ****ty enough to effect the CB)... He keeps that up everyone will be jumping it.

lol how so? I see nothing that a sharper step would've done to any NFL corner let alone Charles Woodson.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:24 PM
lol how so? I see nothing that a sharper step would've done to any NFL corner let alone Charles Woodson.

Film study... people who run lazy routes are defended differently than people who run crisp precise routes.

Positioning yourself for a lazy out pattern is pretty easy. (you know that)

Now... tell me the truth. You need to get laid don't you?

You are way more worked up than normal. ;)

vancejohnson82
10-03-2011, 03:25 PM

I think thats the most frustrating part of that pick 6.....you are gonna run a 5 yard out at Woodson??? ridiculous play call and even a worse throw.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Film study... people who run lazy routes are defended differently than people who run crisp precise routes.

Positioning yourself for a lazy out pattern is pretty easy. (you know that)

Now... tell me the truth. You need to get laid don't you?

You are way more worked up than normal. ;)

Not worked up, this is just ludicrous...

So Woodson psychically knew that Decker (who's generally a great route runner) was going to be sloppy this time?

ROFL!

Watch it again... this time watch WOODSON. He's reading Orton all the way to 6 points dude. Decker couldn't have done ANYTHING outside of tackle Woodson on his way out.

TheDave
10-03-2011, 03:34 PM

So Woodson psychically knew that Decker (who's generally a great route runner) was going to be sloppy this time?

ROFL!

Watch it again... this time watch WOODSON. He's reading Orton all the way to 6 points dude. Decker couldn't have done ANYTHING outside of tackle Woodson on his way out.

You need to watch decker more... His routes are not nearly as crisp as you think. As a matter of fact he also needs to pay more attention to his hots. He tends to forget about those. twice in the 3 quaters I watched the ball went 3 yards behind him, 'cause he was too busy running a fly.

for the millionth time... there are more problems on this team than just Orton.

Rigs11
10-03-2011, 03:38 PM
Orton is tied for most picks with.......Rivers

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 03:39 PM
You need to watch decker more... His routes are not nearly as crisp as you think. As a matter of fact he also needs to pay more attention to his hots. He tends to forget about those. twice in the 3 quaters I watched the ball went 3 yards behind him, 'cause he was too busy running a fly.

No crap. I was trying to have a defensive discussion with you earlier that you kept bringing back to Tebow, remember? Ha!

As is, you need to see how silly this conversation is:

You: Decker said it was his fault
Me: Just watched it. No chance. It's 2-3 yards shallow.
You: Okay I watched it. Blame goes both ways.
Me: Watch it again?
You: Well okay yeah, but Decker could've run a better route.
Me: ...but it wouldn't have changed anything.
You: On this play probably not. ...but DECKER!
Me: ::)

Honestly, wtf is going on with you with Orton lately...?

Popps
10-03-2011, 04:01 PM

He said himself he ran the wrong route on the pick six. Not that it excuses the INT, but it supports your theory.

I didn't see the game. I have it Tivo'd but don't know if I can stomach it.
I suppose I'll have to sit through it.

From what I read, though... it's the same old same old. Orton didn't play well, but even if he had... it sounds like we would have still had our asses handed to us.

We've got to be able to stop teams like this. This game looks like Shades of what Indy used to do to us during the Shanahan years, and the dopes around here would blame it on the QB because he threw one INT in the first half or something.

We're a work in progress, folks. Orton isn't likely in the future plans, but it's apparent that the staff doesn't think Tebow is the right fit for this offense, going forward.

No matter how pissy people are right now, this is still a team on the rebuild.
The staff knows it, and if the fans go away... they'll come back when the product takes shape on the field, Tim Tebow or not.

Ironlung
10-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Ortons pick 6 was a 14 point swing the other way. His other Int led to another TD. That's 21 points from Orton! The defense deserves some blame but Orton deserves half of it. Our cb's are playing another bend but don't break D and we got bent over

Don't forget the flea flicker where it should of been a easy td. He was wiiiiide open and Lloyd had to wait forever for the ball then slide to catch the ball. The guy can't even hit the wide open gimme td's.....noodle arm indeed.

vonqkilla
10-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Lol at people who have never run a route tree in their life buying decker covering for orton. Same route he ran for the first td. Its not a out, its a slant out, where the timing is way faster than a traditional out where you go forward first.

Rock Chalk
10-03-2011, 06:42 PM

Im not repenting for rooting for the guys starting on our team.

Will.Never.****ing.Happen.

TailgateNut
10-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Im not repenting for rooting for the guys starting on our team.

Will.Never.****ing.Happen.

Period.

The whole damn mane could go up in flames (considering all the flaming assholes on this site lately), and I'd still refuse to repent.

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 07:01 PM

Nothing was "undercut"

Yeah, there's nothing Decker does with that route that turns that into anything but a pick six. It was completely telegraphed and thrown late to boot. I don't know how you accomplish those two things; 1.knowing where you're going to throw the ball before the snap regardless of what the defense does.

2. Still being late with the throw.

OABB
10-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Period.

The whole damn mane could go up in flames (considering all the flaming a-holes on this site lately), and I'd still refuse to repent.

Admitting mistakes is for grown men anyhow.

Rock Chalk
10-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Admitting mistakes is for grown men anyhow.

You, I dont know. Probably some douche. But TGN, regardless of what you may think of the guy, is a die hard Bronco fan. They just dont make them die hard like that anymore so you'd be wise to quit being a dick because he doesnt suck Tebow's dick like you every chance he gets.

Mile High Mojoe
10-04-2011, 12:03 AM
Not ortons fault. He needs a good running game, a good defense, a good special teams, he needs to play against bad defenses, he needs the turnover rules changed, he needs to face no blitzing, he needs luck, and he needs the team to show extra heart to cover up his apathy.
If he had all that he would be really good.

So back off the orton bashing.

Classic.

smoke4815162342
10-04-2011, 12:24 AM
I've along expected/wanted orton to start atleast till the bye week, and then consider the switch. so for now, i want orton playing. I dont think he is good though

Atwater His Ass
10-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Tebow or bust. The man is a rare talent and imo, should be given the opportunity to sink or swim.

However, a coach like Fox is not what Tebow needs, so at the end of the day, probably doesn't matter what Fox does. The Broncos are screwed.

I mean for crying out loud, Fox can't even come up with any sort of package, goal line or otherwise, to take advantage of what Tebow brings to the table with his atheleticism alone.

What's he going to do if we did end up getting Luck? Throw him to the wolves in a run run pass punt offense so he has zero chance to succeed?

strafen
10-04-2011, 05:58 AM
You, I dont know. Probably some douche. But TGN, regardless of what you may think of the guy, is a die hard Bronco fan. They just dont make them die hard like that anymore so you'd be wise to quit being a dick because he doesnt suck Tebow's dick like you every chance he gets.

TGN is badass!

OABB
10-04-2011, 07:11 AM

Not sucking tebows dick is fine. We are all allowed opinions. Not supporting him because his mommy likes jesus is profoundly stupid. Tgn has admitted it and been rude to tebow supporters from the start. that is the kind of stupid and bias.that I dont let go. Just like some internet ****** who swears like hes a 9 year.old boy trying to impress his big brother.who hates tebow because his "cock suck faghawks" got raped by hin.

Heres the deal, players should be judged by their PLAY! not by pussies like you or tgn who got butthurt because you dont like the big. Mean tebow.

Tebow hasnt played enough to judge him accuratley. Men judge off what they see, not what they feel pussy.

eddie mac
10-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Another classless **** thread.

jhns
10-04-2011, 07:16 AM

Says the Ortonite.

Eldorado
10-04-2011, 07:19 AM

Bl0w me I was full on sportin an Ortin until he cost us two games.

alkemical
10-04-2011, 03:58 PM
one of us!

Bronco_Beerslug
10-04-2011, 04:35 PM
We're a work in progress, folks. Orton isn't likely in the future plans, but it's apparent that the staff doesn't think Tebow is the right fit for this offense, going forward.
Hit the nail on the head!!!!!

Orton is NOT in the Broncos future plans (as starting QB) so someone tell me why he is playing "starting QB" for the them?

And BTW, the Broncos are getting exactly what they paid for in Fox, a career 20th in the league offense.

Tombstone RJ
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Period.

The whole damn mane could go up in flames (considering all the flaming a-holes on this site lately), and I'd still refuse to repent.

you being the mascot of said flaming a holes, right?

go_broncos
10-04-2011, 05:27 PM
There are still posters that support Orton..
I mean..Seriously..
Do you guys watch a different game on Sundays??

hambone13
10-04-2011, 06:35 PM
I only saw it quickly in the highliught (DVR f***ed up the 1st qtr), but he said he rounded his route and allowed the corner to undercut him... Just relaying what he said.

Then Orton shouldn't have thrown it.

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Kyle Orton leads the league in INT's. If it wasn't for Sanchize, he's lead the league in turnovers.

Best.
Chance.
To.
Win.

RhymesayersDU
10-04-2011, 08:43 PM
Kyle Orton leads the league in INT's. If it wasn't for Sanchize, he's lead the league in turnovers.

Best.
Chance.
To.
Win.

Dude, the veterans in the locker room don't want the ball.

OABB
10-04-2011, 09:13 PM
I mean..Seriously..

Tgn has a valid reason though. Tebows mom follows a religion that.a billion other people on the planet follow.

And Elusivekyleorton is just really stupid.

Thedave had brainworm and everyone else supportd college teams that got tebowned.

So bias and stupidity are powerful motivaters for the meek.

alkemical
10-05-2011, 08:08 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTWd2UhoNu91XwjB6ZP9PD__NQ8evhAw XGRUSwj-_15VCUixx7yuA
(http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=85122)

bendog
10-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I hate Tim cause he beat ole miss. Actually he lost, but played good.

Momentum
10-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Any QB would suck in there. The offense has zero playmakers. Seriously, with 0:03 left and out of field goal range who would you draw up a play for to win the game? Llyod? Thats laughable.

strafen
10-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Any QB would suck in there. The offense has zero playmakers. Seriously, with 0:03 left and out of field goal range who would you draw up a play for to win the game? Llyod? Thats laughable.

You betcha'! CiDtL :~ohyah!:

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 01:23 PM
circlejerk

Whoa. So you like Orton's play?

errand
10-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Fox is just too scared to play Tebow, in my opinion.
He feels Elways watching over his shoulders, that he's affraid Elway will diaspprove his decision to play Tebow at some point.

Judging by the clowns he has playing in our secondary, i doubt Fox is scared to play anyone...and in some cases he might not have a ****ing choice

Elway has meddled in way more than he should've to start with.
Fox, will not pull the trigger for Tebow for that reason.
Just watch...

Elway was hired to allegedly bring the team back to it's former eliteness...and he felt Fox was the coach to do exactly that....so I'm sure they both are on the same page more than they are not

PS: Why would he name Quinn and Tebow both the back-ups with not clear definition who is 2 and who is 3 officially in the depth chart. It may have changed, but I think he still has both Tebow and Quinn as the #2 QB's behind Orton.

Nobody can actually know what he is thinking but I'll speculate that maybe he thinks that if he doesn't name a clear cut #2 QB, one of those two will eventually rise to the occasion and take it..

in bold

bendog
10-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Nobody can actually know what he is thinking but I'll speculate that maybe he thinks that if he doesn't name a clear cut #2 QB, one of those two will eventually rise to the occasion and take it..
--
Or if Orton went down early in the season we might have seen more of Quinn than we ultimately will. But yeah the stuff about Elway meddling and Fox being "afraid" to play Tebow are fantasy.

errand
10-05-2011, 02:34 PM

Both sides of the ball have culpability in our poor start....

Kyle Orton plays the most important position on our team and he has had his share of boneheaded plays....he's thrown 6 INT's in 4 games....after he threw only 9 last year. He's also had a couple of fumbles....and while we've been better at converting 3rd downs...we still only average about 20 ppg.

Moreno has been injured every season so far...and while I don't think he a suck ass player, he doesn't help us on the sideline. McGahee is on the wrong side of 30 but has played about as well as expected.

Our OL is getting better it seems but still has too many penalties and still struggles to move the pile in short yardage.

WR/TE have been above average as far as production, but I'd love to see what we could do with a healthy receiving corps. I think Thomas and Royal playing to their potential would make opposing teams respect us more on 3rd and long and when we line up in the shotgun.

So yes, the offense has not lived up to their end of the bargain, too many boo-boos, penalties, and turnovers...but neither has the defense.

...our run defense stunk it up vs Raiders, but played well vs Titans and Packers (then again when your Qb can throw for 15 yards why try to run for 3 or 4?) We generated a decent pass rush vs Pack....but too many times the coverage sucked.We still average giving up 28 points per game....and since we're -6 in turnovers that tells me we stink at taking away the ball as badly as we are at protecting it.

This rebuild is gonna take longer than 4 ****ing games....Mike Shanahan wasn't able to do it when he took over an undermanned average team in '95...I'm not shocked that Fox couldn't do it overnight either.

I think that if we see this team playing better in the 2nd , 3rd, and 4th quarters of the season it'll give us confidence and hope heading into the 2012 season. Kyle will be gone so that excuse/blame card will be off the table...and the job will be Tebow's to win or lose, regardless if we draft another QB in round 1.

errand
10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
But the offense has put points on the board when it needs to?

Wow...here comes that vintage '03-'05 TJ philosophy that if only our offense could score 50 points a game we won't have to worry about our defense giving up 49.

The same problems plague this team...we have an underacheiving offense that averages 20 points per game...and a below average defense that still allows 28.

The game vs Titans gave us hope our defense could actually play pretty good....the Packer's game says they're still on a long road back to respectability. Ditto for the offense...we looked pretty bad vs. Titans...but we were able to move the ball alot better vs Packers...take away our turnovers and we lose by maybe 42-37?

It's just as frustrating losing a game where your offense scored 23 points while leaving 14 on the field as it does losing one where your defense allows only 17.

But you dorks only wanna blame one ****ing guy.....

jhns
10-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Wow...here comes that vintage '03-'05 TJ philosophy that if only our offense could score 50 points a game we won't have to worry about our defense giving up 49.

The same problems plague this team...we have an underacheiving offense that averages 20 points per game...and a below average defense that still allows 28.

The game vs Titans gave us hope our defense could actually play pretty good....the Packer's game says they're still on a long road back to respectability. Ditto for the offense...we looked pretty bad vs. Titans...but we were able to move the ball alot better vs Packers...take away our turnovers and we lose by maybe 42-37?

It's just as frustrating losing a game where your offense scored 23 points while leaving 14 on the field as it does losing one where your defense allows only 17.

But you dorks only wanna blame one ****ing guy.....

And here comes errand and his talk of offense not needing improved because it isn't actually part of the game.

How is that 25 vs 20 argument working for you now? You do realize it is the diffrrence between 1-3 and 3-1, right?

errand
10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
So does Orton, and that's fact. All we heard from the Ortonites was "give Orton even a mediocre defense and he'll lead this team to wins". Well through 3 weeks the defense was ranked in the top half of the league, and I didn't see those wins.

Now you're just talking out your vagina....

I think you'd be hard pressed to prove anyone ever said Kyle could win with a mediocre defense....i think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone making that claim about any QB that isn't in the elite class like say Manning or Rodgers

errand
10-05-2011, 02:53 PM

I'd almost agree with you if you had more reasons other than he wasn't playing Tebow....and it seems like your only solution to the problem is to play Tebow.

If you truly think Tebow would win anymore games than anyone else with this below average team, then you are delusional.

jhns
10-05-2011, 02:55 PM
I'd almost agree with you if you had more reasons other than he wasn't playing Tebow....and it seems like your only solution to the problem is to play Tebow.

If you truly think Tebow would win anymore games than anyone else with this below average team, then you are delusional.

Replace "anyone" with "Orton and Quinn" and that is exactly what I think.

errand
10-05-2011, 02:56 PM

Well that's ok, the FO doesn't understand people who have never run nor coached a pro football organization telling them how to fix the problems of one.

errand
10-05-2011, 02:59 PM

i know right?..... now if only we could put together an offense that scores 50 per game....

errand
10-05-2011, 03:05 PM

Decker did say it was his fault...but i really put that one on the coaching staff as the announcers kept saying that Denver would only throw the ball as far as the sticks on 3rd down....GB noticed this and called the right defense for it....notice that we started going farther than the sticks afterwards?

this team is turning the ball over too much and not generating enough on the defensive side of the ball....

errand
10-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Just watch it.

Now you're talking out your ****ing vagina....

Orton might be an average QB...hell you can say he sucks...but to say he goes around blaming his team mates is just a bald ass lie...he's been nothing but a class act considering he's got douchebags like you screaming for his exile and other ****heads like OABB demanding someone hit him with a crowbar....

errand
10-05-2011, 03:13 PM

ROFL!

Generally means that he runs great routes most of the time...not all of the time...correct?

errand
10-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Don't forget the flea flicker where it should of been a easy td. He was wiiiiide open and Lloyd had to wait forever for the ball then slide to catch the ball. The guy can't even hit the wide open gimme td's.....noodle arm indeed.

Didn't we score a TD on that drive?

errand
10-05-2011, 03:23 PM
Tebow or bust. The man is a rare talent and imo, should be given the opportunity to sink or swim.

However, a coach like Fox is not what Tebow needs, so at the end of the day, probably doesn't matter what Fox does. The Broncos are screwed.

I mean for crying out loud, Fox can't even come up with any sort of package, goal line or otherwise, to take advantage of what Tebow brings to the table with his atheleticism alone.

Gotta love this ****.....

People that hated McDaniels called for his head...but now they bitch that the guy McD drafted to be our QB isn't playing and that the guy that replaced the guy they wanted fired isn't the guy this aforementioned QB needs to succeed.

i guess the saying "careful what you wish for" applies here.....

I've said it before....sure McD was probably in over his head as a head coach, but he was probably the only one that had the ego and ability to make Tebow a legit NFL QB

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
i guess the saying "careful what you wish for" applies here.....

It's not going to get worse than Orton with Tebow. It won't.

OABB
10-05-2011, 03:26 PM
errorand is like the iraqi defense minister with his delusions.

hilarious to read my man. keep it up. your posts are like the violinists on the titanic. I appluad your blatant disregarding of a sinking ship...

hi.

larious.

errand
10-05-2011, 03:28 PM

Tebow hasnt played enough to judge him accuratley. Men judge off what they see, not what they feel p***Y.

so that judging him inaccurately can go both ways right?

I mean if I think he's not ready and my judgement is inaccurate because he's not played alot, then could one also argue that his lack of playing time would mean those who think he's ready are just as inaccurate in their judgement too?

TheReverend
10-05-2011, 03:29 PM
Now you're talking out your ****ing vagina....

Orton might be an average QB...hell you can say he sucks...but to say he goes around blaming his team mates is just a bald ass lie...he's been nothing but a class act considering he's got douchebags like you screaming for his exile and other ****heads like OABB demanding someone hit him with a crowbar....

Really?

Explain?

The ball is picked 3 yards shallow. That's what's called a "fact"

...And that's not even assigning him blame for not even bothering to make a read and throwing on Charles Woodson SITTING on the flat. That's what's also called a "fact".

errand
10-05-2011, 03:30 PM
I mean..Seriously..

So where are the "Whilhite sucks" threads at? He was Rodger's prison bitch this past week...but let's blame the QB, and only the QB right?

errand
10-05-2011, 03:34 PM

Brandon Lloyd has one of the NFL's best set of hands...his underachieving for the better part of 4 years was inside his ****ing head...not his hands. If he's open he would be just as good as anyone else in the NFL not named Fitzgerald or Johnson.

errand
10-05-2011, 03:37 PM
And here comes errand and his talk of offense not needing improved because it isn't actually part of the game.

How is that 25 vs 20 argument working for you now? You do realize it is the diffrrence between 1-3 and 3-1, right?

so you're claiming 2 more points would've beaten the Packers? you are irretrievably stupid aren't you?

Dagmar
10-05-2011, 03:39 PM
John Fox, re: Tebow a conference call with San Diego media:

"(He’s) going to be a heck of a quarterback in time and is getting better every day. But we had an open competition. Alright? Kyle Orton was named the starter. He earned that. It wasn’t given to him. And we are one quarter into the season."

errand
10-05-2011, 03:40 PM
errorand is like the iraqi defense minister with his delusions.

hilarious to read my man. keep it up. your posts are like the violinists on the titanic. I appluad your blatant disregarding of a sinking ship...

hi.

larious.

Well, you can jump ship like the rest of the pseudo-fan rats....your departure from the board would definitely make everyone's visit better

Ironlung
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Didn't we score a TD on that drive?

So he doesn't have a noodle arm? So he CAN hit the wide open guy on the gimme td's?

errand
10-05-2011, 03:42 PM
Really?

Explain?

The ball is picked 3 yards shallow. That's what's called a "fact"

...And that's not even assigning him blame for not even bothering to make a read and throwing on Charles Woodson SITTING on the flat. That's what's also called a "fact".

i'm not analyzing the play moron...my opinion on who or what went wrong doesn't change what happened......my post was in response to you claiming Orton blamed Decker....

errand
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
So he doesn't have a noodle arm? So he CAN hit the wide open guy on the gimme td's?

The end result was we scored a TD on the drive....and you have a problem with that why?

Ironlung
10-05-2011, 03:48 PM
The end result was we scored a TD on the drive....and you have a problem with that why?

Oh I don't know...maybe because in the SAME GAME he had a wide open Decker heading for the endzone with two guys trailing and he under threw the ball AGAIN (much like the Lloyd flea flicker) but this time it was a int.

Notice a pattern here?

Like I said, he can't even hit a wide open guy.

strafen
10-05-2011, 05:49 PM
i know right?..... now if only we could put together an offense that scores 50 per game....

You're on a roll dude!
Try harder, and you'll find a little bit of humor in there ^5

OABB
10-05-2011, 06:12 PM
Well, you can jump ship like the rest of the pseudo-fan rats....your departure from the board would definitely make everyone's visit better

2KBack
10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Oh I don't know...maybe because in the SAME GAME he had a wide open Decker heading for the endzone with two guys trailing and he under threw the ball AGAIN (much like the Lloyd flea flicker) but this time it was a int.

Notice a pattern here?

Like I said, he can't even hit a wide open guy.

That was loyd...he also hit him for a sweet 50 yard bomb that was called back by holding.

Moral of story....long passes are low percentage

jhns
10-05-2011, 07:12 PM
so you're claiming 2 more points would've beaten the Packers? you are irretrievably stupid aren't you?

Yes.

Crushaholic
10-09-2011, 06:00 PM
OK. I'm ready to repent. The whole team started playing with a greater energy, once Tebow entered the game. My new avatar reflects my feeling...

Lev Vyvanse
10-09-2011, 07:04 PM

I ****ing told you.:afro:

Rolandftw
10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
I still have doubts whether Tebow can be an effective QB, but I'll eat crow as far as my support for Orton.

Hope Fox names Tebow the starter moving forward, and that he can get better as the season progresses.

Evenrude
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
I have always been an Orton fan. I loved the story where he grew up a Husker fan and wore the number 18 in honor of Brook Berringer. I even chuckled at the pictures of him with Jack Daniels spilled on his shirt and some random skank under his arm. I liked the underdog, workmanlike approach he had and the way he embraced the team was a stark contrast to Jay Cutler's antics.

That being said, Tebow adds a spark and a whole new dimension to this team. I hope he can turn into a good NFL QB, and he probably gives this team it's best chance to win of anyone on the roster. I think the pressure and the boos have exasperated Orton and he is no longer capable of leading this team.

Eldorado
10-10-2011, 08:40 AM
I ****ing told you.:afro:

Eat cokk.

baja
10-10-2011, 08:45 AM
I have always been an Orton fan. I loved the story where he grew up a Husker fan and wore the number 18 in honor of Brook Berringer. I even chuckled at the pictures of him with Jack Daniels spilled on his shirt and some random skank under his arm. I liked the underdog, workmanlike approach he had and the way he embraced the team was a stark contrast to Jay Cutler's antics.

That being said, Tebow adds a spark and a whole new dimension to this team. I hope he can turn into a good NFL QB, and he probably gives this team it's best chance to win of anyone on the roster. I think the pressure and the boos have exasperated Orton and he is no longer capable of leading this team.

Yes I agree, the fans and the pressure broke him. I am just surprised it took so long. Happens a lot at the QB position. Very tough position to play from a physiological prospective. It is this aspect that is so intriguing bout Tim Tebow. He has shown every time he was given a chance he has the special mental quality that allows him to rise up to the occasion.