PDA

View Full Version : Have we hit rock bottom?

DenverBound
10-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I know this sounds a little dramatic but the question is asked with all sincerity.

All NFL teams go through ebbs and flows. We hit our peak and now were obviously on the down swing. When do we start the rise again? Have we sunken as far as it will go?

*Side note* this has nothing to do with losing to GB. It has everything to do with the lack of direction and fire on our squad. I remember watching Bronco games and seeing a swagger. We are playing as if we are inferior to every other team in the NFL and we know it. i.e the browns

Pendejo
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
No. This is separating the wheat from the chafe. They do have a few excellent young players, and some vets with a couple of years left in the tank. With any luck this will be another Wade Phillips era (Fox's tenure). That's what I'm choosing to believe. It's not fun when everything sucks without the least bit of panache. Today was simply an ass kicking by a far better team. It happens.

enjolras
10-02-2011, 06:26 PM
If you don't see really positive things happening on the field, then you aren't watching. This team bottomed out some time around week 13 of last year.

WABronco
10-02-2011, 06:30 PM
Fox went with Delhomme until he literally could not throw the ball anymore. WE GOT A WAYS TO GO YET, BOYS.

DenverBound
10-02-2011, 06:35 PM
If you don't see really positive things happening on the field, then you aren't watching. This team bottomed out some time around week 13 of last year.

Miller, Decker, Doom..... Am I missing some key foundation pieces? Nope. 3 out of 53 is a start.... I guess.

Gort
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Miller, Decker, Doom..... Am I missing some key foundation pieces? Nope. 3 out of 53 is a start.... I guess.

prater, colquitt. that's 5.

Rabb
10-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Eh, I thought the offensive line did much better today than I had previously feared they would. That has to be a plus.

TheDave
10-02-2011, 06:44 PM
Nope... October 30th 2010

DenverBound
10-02-2011, 06:51 PM
prater, colquitt. that's 5.

Fair enough. Long way to go though, huh?

maher_tyler
10-02-2011, 06:55 PM

I agree. The oline has been improving each week. If we had a little more speed at RB, some of those 5-10 yard runs could go for a lot further. Miller is already a beast. To early to tell for Moore. Our run D looks light years better than last year, which has also improved each week. Pass D looks terrible with out Champ. QB is a continued issue. Costly turnovers each week so far. There are a lot of holes on the team but there are some positives.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 06:56 PM
No.

Next week is rock bottom.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 06:57 PM
Nope... October 30th 2010

^ that was the 24th, bro.

TheDave
10-02-2011, 07:00 PM
^ that was the 24th, bro.

my bad...

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:01 PM
my bad...

FTR our winning % was better then Ha!

SoCalBronco
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
No.

Actually, I think we'll beat SD.

SD has looked like crap this year, even in their wins. They are beating Miami at home only by 10 even with VJ back. Cassel has to throw the game in order for them not to get punked at home by the Chiefs. SD just looks off. DEN will be very desperate next week, esp with the fans up in arms the whole week. I think we're going to win this game and then the FO is going to hide behind that the whole bye week.

Rabb
10-02-2011, 07:02 PM
rock bottom for me will be every post game presser where Fox defends Orton after the bye week

TheDave
10-02-2011, 07:04 PM
FTR our winning % was better then Ha!

insert headshot gif here...

GoBroncos84
We've got some good young talent to build around. This isn't rock bottom, last year was. We are rebuilding, and we have taken a step forward from last year in terms of the talent on this roster. We need to get healthy and the young guys need time to develop. It will be ugly at times, but its a process we have to go through whether we like it or not

bronco militia
I've been at rock bottom since the 2009 finale against the Chiefs

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:10 PM

SD has looked like crap this year, even in their wins. They are beating Miami at home only by 10 even with VJ back. Cassel has to throw the game in order for them not to get punked at home by the Chiefs. SD just looks off. DEN will be very desperate next week, esp with the fans up in arms the whole week. I think we're going to win this game and then the FO is going to hide behind that the whole bye week.

I think they rape Denver. I don't think we have even a remote shot of competing.

Bigdawg26
10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
The good news is that we can finally stop the run. The bad news is that we can't stop the pass. Dawkins, Mays and Woody are horrible is pass coverage, and our corners outside of champ suck!

Rabb
10-02-2011, 07:17 PM
I think they rape Denver. I don't think we have even a remote shot of competing.

I like Vaughn, but if Champ is out again...Rivers is going to have a field day.

Even WITH Champ, our passing defense has been pretty sub-par. So yeah, I agree with you Rev, and I will be there nice and angry in person again to see it.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:21 PM
I like Vaughn, but if Champ is out again...Rivers is going to have a field day.

Even WITH Champ, our passing defense has been pretty sub-par. So yeah, I agree with you Rev, and I will be there nice and angry in person again to see it.

And we damn well better hope Gates isn't back by then, or there won't even be enough KY on the planet.

enjolras
10-02-2011, 07:24 PM
If you think there are only 5 pieces on this team you're nuts. Players that you can win with:

Offense: Clady, Franklin, Kuper, Decker, Lloyd, Julius Thomas, Fells.
Defense: Miller, Doom, Champ, DJ Williams, Bunkley, Moore
I like both of our kickers.

That's 15 top-level NFL starters and that's a start.

maher_tyler
10-02-2011, 07:27 PM

Our pass D is pathetic! Rivers is going to carve us up almost as bad as Rodgers did today. We might keep it close but Orton will be Orton and throw at least 1 pick and most likely get sacked for a fumble. Which will be the difference in the game!

Meck77
10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
Yes we have hit rock bottom. I can't believe a thread calling out John Elway as an f'n idiot has remained on the main page and is now 3 pages long. Even worse it's probably a regular who doesn't have the guts to do it in his own name. Yes John jumped into a pile but a HOF QB, a two time champ, and the greatest athlete in Colorado history and arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time deserves a little more respect just a few weeks into his first year.

Orangemane you are at rock bottom.

Steve Sewell
10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
No.

Heh I think they'll do way better vs. the Chargers at Mile High. But they'll still lose.

Steve Sewell
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
This is going to sound a little homeristic but I think the Broncos would beat SD next week if Tebow started.

broncosteven
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
I know this sounds a little dramatic but the question is asked with all sincerity.

All NFL teams go through ebbs and flows. We hit our peak and now were obviously on the down swing. When do we start the rise again? Have we sunken as far as it will go?

*Side note* this has nothing to do with losing to GB. It has everything to do with the lack of direction and fire on our squad. I remember watching Bronco games and seeing a swagger. We are playing as if we are inferior to every other team in the NFL and we know it. i.e the browns

Nope, rock bottom is starting a low round rookie QB in his 1st year, you know the type who will be out of football in a year or 2, then going through 5 QB's throughout the remainder of the season. Kinda like 1999 but without the 6 wins.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Yes we have hit rock bottom. I can't believe a thread calling out John Elway as an f'n idiot has remained on the main page and is now 3 pages long. Even worse it's probably a regular who doesn't have the guts to do it in his own name. Yes John jumped into a pile but a HOF QB, a two time champ, and the greatest athlete in Colorado history and arguably one of the greatest QBs of all time deserves a little more respect just a few weeks into his first year.

Orangemane you are at rock bottom.

So do the fans, Meck.

So do the fans.

OABB
10-02-2011, 07:39 PM
This is going to sound a little homeristic but I think the Broncos would beat SD next week if Tebow started.

Wed be 3-1 if he started so thats not absurd.

Bestchancetowinkyleorton has 8 turnovers in 4 games, and three multiple TO games so far....

So.....im pretty sure that means tebow supporters are #winning.

I imagine theelusivekyleorton is going to be real busy at work all year long.

Vegas_Bronco
10-02-2011, 07:46 PM
We were a lock to lose today...that is in a way rock bottom for the franchise...something few broncos fans have ever experienced. Pick yo chin up and take some time you've dedicated to this club and give it someone else. Don't ever hit rock bottom - it's too damn depressing and really just an attitude pitfall.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 07:51 PM

Yes yes yes, we are definitely scraping bottom in this mother of all rebuilding years. I've posted that so often, I should write a keyboard macro to save time.

When we start rising up again is small part luck, big part how well EFX plan ... and starting Orton while Tebow just sits there missing reps and losing trade value, well that's not a good start for their plan.