PDA

View Full Version : "I thought our offense was pretty impressive other than the turnovers."

smoke4815162342
10-02-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm off the Support John Fox bandwagon.

Either stop lying or start using critical thinking.

Rabb
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
I thought my ex wife was pretty impressive too, other than the psycho bull**** and screwing other guys.

MVPlaya II - Electric Boogaloo
10-02-2011, 05:54 PM
well if you take out the turnovers... we ran the ball well and we passed well.... it looked pretty good but for some reason I'd just rather say GB seems to have a bad defense.

MacGruder
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
This is what the Carolina Panthers setup for Cam Newton this offseason... what did the Broncos set-up for Tebow?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1190635/1/index.htm

MacGruder
10-02-2011, 05:57 PM
well if you take out the turnovers... we ran the ball well and we passed well.... it looked pretty good but for some reason I'd just rather say GB seems to have a bad defense.

Yeah.. when GreenBay scores at will it's the defenses fault not their great offenses. When Orton scores it's all him.. nothing to do with bad D.. even though he was blown out.

Great leadership.

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
I thought my ex wife was pretty impressive too, other than the psycho bull**** and screwing other guys.

Hilarious!

Drek
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
The Packers have been thrown on all year. In Cam Newton's first start he lit 'em up for 400 yards or some ****. Their secondary isn't real impressive if you can even moderately slow down the pass rush.

Meanwhile we're trying to hang our hat on the defense here and we just got butt ****ed with greater force and vigor than the Panthers, the team that just last off-season was the only team worse than us.

ColoradoDarin
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
"Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?"

Dr. Broncenstein
10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
The Packers have been thrown on all year. In Cam Newton's first start he lit 'em up for 400 yards or some ****. Their secondary isn't real impressive if you can even moderately slow down the pass rush.

Meanwhile we're trying to hang our hat on the defense here and we just got butt ****ed with greater force and vigor than the Panthers, the team that just last off-season was the only team worse than us.

Well besides that, Mrs Lincoln... what did you think of the play?

Dr. Broncenstein
10-02-2011, 06:17 PM

Lolololol

Broncos4Life
10-02-2011, 06:25 PM

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Spot on dude. Spot on!!!!!!

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 06:59 PM
bwhaha

vonqkilla
10-02-2011, 08:05 PM

Drs are smart.

Well done.

broncocalijohn
10-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Drs are smart.

Well done.

But obviously not faster than ColoradoDarin.

maven
10-02-2011, 08:25 PM
"I thought our offense was pretty impressive other than the turnovers."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=28149&dateline=1312918610

puff puff pass

smoke4815162342
10-02-2011, 10:56 PM
"I thought our offense was pretty impressive other than the turnovers."

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=28149&dateline=1312918610

puff puff pass

that quote is from john fox, not from me

baja
10-02-2011, 11:06 PM
But obviously not faster than ColoradoDarin.

Not doc's fault, by law he had to wash his hands first...

Baba Booey
10-02-2011, 11:10 PM

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Archer81
10-03-2011, 12:01 AM
I am starting to realize how retarded the Carolina offense was if what Denver did today was considered impressive...

:Broncos:

maven
10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
I am starting to realize how retarded the Carolina offense was if what Denver did today was considered impressive...

It's only retarded now because you see it with bronco uniforms?

ROFL!

ol#7
10-03-2011, 12:13 AM
Yeah, the bloom is off the John Fox rose. To think, I thought he would be a good hire!

I think the best we can hope for with this guy is to restock the talent cupboard ala Wade Phillips so the next guy can have some success.

Archer81
10-03-2011, 12:15 AM
It's only retarded now because you see it with bronco uniforms?

ROFL!

Well its not like I watched Carolina every game. Most of us know and have seen impressive offense. This is not it.

Garcia Bronco
10-03-2011, 06:50 AM
I agree with Fox, but the turnovers killed us.

s0phr0syne
10-03-2011, 07:18 AM

Simultaneous excellence == simultaneous rep!

Pony Boy
10-03-2011, 07:28 AM
Other than that Bronco fans , what did you think of Lambeau Field?"

Lolad
10-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Our offense seems to thrive when we are throwing intermediate to long throws to keep the defense from stacking the box and sitting on routes which Simms eluded too but we've known it since 2009 when the ravens and every other team after them exposed us.

I wish our OC/QB wasn't a bunch of pussies and actually took some shots when we're not down by 18 points. But that would mean Orton would have to make all the throws, so maybe that's asking too much

fontaine
10-03-2011, 07:47 AM
That's probably the strongest quote against Orton Fox has made so far.

primetime714
10-03-2011, 07:49 AM
I agree with criticism of these statements, but in fairness in looking at the offense there were a lot of strong performers. The OL had its best game. Lloyd and Decker were dynamic at WR allowing the Broncos to actually throw the ball deep and exploit single coverage. Mcgahee hit the hole hard and really moved the ball well. And to Fox's point the turnovers are the only thing that prevented what would've been a pretty productive offensive game. That said you can't ignore them. Fells' fumble was a fluke, but that kind of mistake can't happen especially in that part of the field. Orton's picks were just a disaster. The pick 6 was a case of him not even looking where he was throwing. You can't do that with one of the best in the league lurking over there in coverage. Then Lloyd once again beat his man deep and Orton throws it to the other team. Ridiculous. The final interception on a tipped pass, Orton has way too many tipped balls to call that a fluke and let him off. Orton was clearly the problem with the offense yesterday. The WR's made him look good at times by consistently getting open, but Orton took it upon himself to spoil the performance.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2011, 07:52 AM
Fox et al can't publically say "this guy sux and that guy sux". That's the fans job.

If one of you was in their leadership role, would you publically blast players?

primetime714
10-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Our offense seems to thrive when we are throwing intermediate to long throws to keep the defense from stacking the box and sitting on routes which Simms eluded too but we've known it since 2009 when the ravens and every other team after them exposed us.

I wish our OC/QB wasn't a bunch of pussies and actually took some shots when we're not down by 18 points. But that would mean Orton would have to make all the throws, so maybe that's asking too much

Yep the best plays the Broncos had were to throw it up to Lloyd or Decker in single coverage and let them make the play.

After a loss against SD next week my hope is that the team goes to Tebow and runs an offense conducive to his skills. Tebow throws a good deep ball, is good in the screen game, and obviously can help in the running game. Take out a lot of the intermediate routes and have Lloyd and Decker run a lot of deep routes. Mcgahee, Tebow and Moreno can control the short yardage situations and give the team a power run game with the screen option. Also with Demarius and Royal likely coming back after the bye the team will have a lot of options to play with.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Turnovers, turnovers, turnovers. We're at -6 which is tied with Philly for 31st in the League.

bronco militia
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-268780/cache/gngn3099.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?1317649290

Lolad
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Fox et al can't publically say "this guy sux and that guy sux". That's the fans job.

You would say TO's can't happen! It leads to points (which 2 of 3 did) you lose the TO battle, chances are you lose the game. He hasn't been critical of Ortons play once! It's amazing that he sees stuff differently but I guess Orton is an upgrade over Delhomme fox probably thinks he a future HOF'er

bendog
10-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Great thread. Really. But that Orton interception wasn't any worse than one Brees threw ... though he knocked the guy out of bounds to save a td, and the saints held Jax to a FG. The Fells thing would have been comical for another team. But really if you knock off those two plays, they held the contest to a 12 pt differential against probably the best or at worst second best offense in the League ... and a decent defense too. The Broncos haven't been this bad since the early 70s.

wolf754life
john fox sucks

bendog
http://mcenter.slideshowpro.com/albums/027/935/album-268780/cache/gngn3099.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG?1317649290

sack kick.

primetime714
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM

Nope, but I wouldn't stubbornly oppose the fan base and make excuses. The fan base doesn't want to hear the coach harp on the positives when the team gets blown out. At the very least he needs to say something to the effect of we really need to take care of the ball better than that. Make the fans at least know that these errors concern him. And even if you're not going to make a change just yet give them hope that you'll consider it in the not too distant future if things don't improve. Fox is consistently spitting in the fans' faces. You want Tebow in there, fine he'll give him a play at WR and he'll give him one play at QB that was never going to go anywhere just to say he played him and it didn't work out. Fox was quick to point out that Tebow's play didn't work out but quick to praise the rest of the offense which turned the ball over 4 times. He's only creating uproar among the fan base. I know its difficult situation for him to manage, but he's got to learn to deal with it a little better to buy some time with the fan base while he tries to fix things. Its a unique situation but to lose the fan base this early in your tenure is an a big failure on his part.

Tombstone RJ
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM

I thought se was impressive too.. wink, wink... ROFL!

Shananahan
10-03-2011, 08:11 AM
That's the best picture I've seen in at least a week.

oubronco
10-03-2011, 08:23 AM

"Suck it Biitches"

Cito Pelon
10-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Nope, but I wouldn't stubbornly oppose the fan base and make excuses. The fan base doesn't want to hear the coach harp on the positives when the team gets blown out. At the very least he needs to say something to the effect of we really need to take care of the ball better than that. Make the fans at least know that these errors concern him. And even if you're not going to make a change just yet give them hope that you'll consider it in the not too distant future if things don't improve. Fox is consistently spitting in the fans' faces. You want Tebow in there, fine he'll give him a play at WR and he'll give him one play at QB that was never going to go anywhere just to say he played him and it didn't work out. Fox was quick to point out that Tebow's play didn't work out but quick to praise the rest of the offense which turned the ball over 4 times. He's only creating uproar among the fan base. I know its difficult situation for him to manage, but he's got to learn to deal with it a little better to buy some time with the fan base while he tries to fix things. Its a unique situation but to lose the fan base this early in your tenure is an a big failure on his part.

Well, Elway was on the radio this AM saying "turnovers" about 15 times in 20 minutes.

In response to multiple questions about the when, where, and if of Tebow, Elway's response was we're going to evaluate that this week the same as we evaluate every position.

So basically same old stuff, nothing new, just thought I'd give a quick update on the current coach-speak. :clown:

Rascal
10-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Broncos had 10 drives in which four ended in TOs, 2 ended in punts, and 4 resulted in scores (WOOT!!).

So, on non-TO possessions, the broncos scored 66% of the time (4/(10-4)). Carrying that % to the TO possessions, the broncos would have scored two more times (4*2/3) (rounding down considerably due to the inherent error in this logic).

Since the best player on our team is our FG kicker, that means we would have scored 6 more points. Therefore, the offense would have scored 29 points, which is above the league average.

In conclusion, John Fox is right. If you discount the ineptitude of Orton, the offense did play pretty well.

Of course, I can apply the same logic to conclude that the defense played well by limiting the packers to less than 4.0 yards per rush (111 yards on 28 attempts).

Gort
10-03-2011, 09:14 AM
Broncos had 10 drives in which four ended in TOs, 2 ended in punts, and 4 resulted in scores (WOOT!!).

So, on non-TO possessions, the broncos scored 66% of the time (4/(10-4)). Carrying that % to the TO possessions, the broncos would have scored two more times (4*2/3) (rounding down considerably due to the inherent error in this logic).

Since the best player on our team is our FG kicker, that means we would have scored 6 more points. Therefore, the offense would have scored 29 points, which is above the league average.

In conclusion, John Fox is right. If you discount the ineptitude of Orton, the offense did play pretty well.

Of course, I can apply the same logic to conclude that the defense played well by limiting the packers to less than 4.0 yards per rush (111 yards on 28 attempts).

don't forget the wasted drive at the end of the 1st half where we took a knee and didn't even take a shot downfield with all(?) of our TOs intact. this wasted drive was bookended by GB TDs. it's one thing to try and lose. it's another to not try at all. i don't believe in wasting possessions. you have to try to score whenever you have the ball, especially against a team like GB.

Archer81
10-03-2011, 01:39 PM

49-23.

Nwp-Apap
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, other than the turnovers... Kyle has given the ball to the other team 8 times in these 4 games. That's good for the 3rd most turnovers by one person in the entire NFL.

Rothlisberger and Sanchez are tied for the most with 9 each.

DomCasual
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
I dated this girl once. She was unbelievably beautiful - other than the fact that she had a bunch of warts all over her face.