PDA

View Full Version : Favorite non-Orton QB'd teams

DomCasual
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Other than the beloved Broncos (quarterback'd by our beloved, mouth-breathing buddy), who are the teams you're pulling for this season? Why?

Mine are:

Houston - I just can't help myself with Kubes. Plus, they have the offense we should still have - especially with the running game.

Washington - Same concept with Shanahan. I can't help but pull for the guy. I still love how he isn't afraid to go against conventional wisdom (Haynesworth, hiring Chris Simms' BFF, Grossman then Beck then Grossman, etc). I do feel dirty rooting for a team owned by Daniel Snyder, though.

Lions - I just like them. I have a friend that's a really good guy who's a Lions' fan, so that helps. Plus, those fans have really suffered. And lastly, I'm really coming to hate the Packers.

What sayest you?

Bronco Boy
10-02-2011, 05:43 PM
I don't get how anyone can hate the Packers, the only team actually owned by the fans. Much better than Dan Snyder.

FISH
10-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Houston and Washington as well

Loyalty....it's something ain't it?

frerottenextelway
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Anyone who is playing Oakland or Pittsburgh.

KO5K
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
Saints.

Feel-good story and I like their uniforms...

vonqkilla
10-02-2011, 05:49 PM
Im going for noone.

The joy of football is stripped away. All thats left is my 4-0 fantasy team, so i root for my guys and Von Effing Miller!!!

Simple Jake
10-02-2011, 07:03 PM
I don't get how anyone can hate the Packers, the only team actually owned by the fans. Much better than Dan Snyder.

Not so sure about aaron rodgers.. he's alot more cocky than I thought.. turning around and looking at dawkins and doing that corny ass belt thing.. always has this smirk on his face cuz he knows how good he is

maher_tyler
10-02-2011, 07:06 PM
I pull for Houston and Washington as well...9ers, my older bros team and the Vikings, my dad and lil bros team...

ColoradoDarin
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Rooting for the Lions and Bills this year just because they've both sucked for a long time. Rooting for Denver South as always for Kubes.

WABronco
10-02-2011, 07:18 PM
Bills. A friend of mine likes them and they're not abortions. Fred Jackson is cool too.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Razorbacks.

SoCalBronco
10-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Other than the beloved Broncos (quarterback'd by our beloved, mouth-breathing buddy), who are the teams you're pulling for this season? Why?

?

Washington, Chicago and Houston.

go_broncos
10-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Packers

Dr. Broncenstein
10-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Fwiw Orton wouldn't make the Arkansas squad.

WABronco
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Oh ya UW is actually pretty fun to watch under Coach Sark. New QB Keith Price is a much better passer than Jake Locker ever was, so they've been fun to watch.

gunns
10-02-2011, 07:31 PM
Lovin the Bills and Lions. Nice underdogs, especially the Bills beating Oakland and NE last week, the Lions beating Dallas, and both keep coming from behind.

ColoradoDarin
10-02-2011, 07:32 PM
Fwiw Orton wouldn't make the Arkansas squad.

Nor any other SEC team (or Pac12, or Big 12). He'd probably be stuck at someplace like Perduh. Wait....

WABronco
10-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Nor any other SEC team (or Pac12, or Big 12). He'd probably be stuck at someplace like Perduh. Wait....

Dat SEC speed SEC speed SEC speed SEC speed.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:35 PM
Arizona - My #2 behind Denver for personal reasons.

Washington - My #3 and almost painful to watch... both their success and Shanahan in red.

Chicago - My #4, is always fun to watch our former franchise QB win games. And by always fun I mean comparable to a colonoscopy.

Jacksonville - My #5 due to current location. Lovable losers, but now I'm no position to mock any team.

Jay3
10-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Bills.

Chan Gailey coached for my alma mater Georgia Tech, and you just have to love the Bills willing themselves to become a good team.

theAPAOps5
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Detroit and Buffalo. For the first time I find myself turning on their games. With Sunday ticket they usually play at a different time then us so I can watch them. They are fun to watch.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Bills.

Chan Gailey coached for my alma mater Georgia Tech, and you just have to love the Bills willing themselves to become a good team.

They won't finish with a winning record.

Rabb
10-02-2011, 07:47 PM
I have always been a Lions fan, actually even before moving to Denver. I grew up around a guy that played for them briefly and then Barry Sanders became my favorite player. After I moved here, I was just captivated by the Broncos though and Elway (1985).

I pull for the Texans now also, I want to see Kubes do well.

That One Guy
10-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Detroit - I've always had a soft spot since watching Barry as a kid.

Houston - Kubes has always seemed to have a plan and built well. He knew DL was the deficiency in Denver so he's tried to plug that gap in his team. Usually has good guys as well.

Washington - Low on my list but watching Shanny succeed is still nice.

Packers - Rodgers being arrogant might be the biggest personal flaw on their team. They always seem to have non-divas. I also root for Charles Woodson and it was awesome seeing him succeed after going to Oakland when he left UM.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
I have to admit, I'm semi mystified over the people clamoring over Houston but so few for Washington.

Mike didn't quit on the Broncos, contributed more to this franchise than Kubiak did (in fact, Kubiak kinda owes his career to him), AND plays in the other conference. WTF kinda logic is going on here?!?!

Rabb
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I just don't like Washington after the Super Bowl loss. Nothing to do with Mike.

That One Guy
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
I have to admit, I'm semi mystified over the people clamoring over Houston but so few for Washington.

Mike didn't quit on the Broncos, contributed more to this franchise than Kubiak did (in fact, Kubiak kinda owes his career to him), AND plays in the other conference. WTF kinda logic is going on here?!?!

People loved the Broncos more when Kubes left so he left with fonder memories. When Shanny left, the fan infighting had started and things were much more depressing. Folks love happy thoughts more than depressing ones.

GoBroncos84
10-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Lions have always been my number 2 team, back to the Barry Sanders days. Plus that fanbase is so overdue for a winner. I think a Buffalo vs Detroit super bowl would be pretty rad, and that is what I am rooting for outside of a miraculous turnaround from the Broncos.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
People loved the Broncos more when Kubes left so he left with fonder memories. When Shanny left, the fan infighting had started and things were much more depressing. Folks love happy thoughts more than depressing ones.

No, people are trying to protect themselves from being blatantly wrong.

Sadly, the writing has already been on the wall for a LONG time.

That One Guy
10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
No, people are trying to protect themselves from being blatantly wrong.

Sadly, the writing has already been on the wall for a LONG time.

Well then you're not mystified at all.

That One Guy
10-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Lions have always been my number 2 team, back to the Barry Sanders days. Plus that fanbase is so overdue for a winner. I think a Buffalo vs Detroit super bowl would be pretty rad, and that is what I am rooting for outside of a miraculous turnaround from the Broncos.

I like the Lions. That said, if there's ever a stray bulldozer, I hope it drives right down the middle of Detroit. Absolutely hate that disgustingly pathetic city.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Well then you're not mystified at all.

Extremely strong point lol

broncocalijohn
10-02-2011, 09:43 PM
I am now rooting for the other 31 teams to do really well but I still root for the Broncos every week.

I do hope Washington does well even though I knew it was time for Shanny to go. Fresh scene helps out good coaches.
I root against the Rams offense just so McDaniels can be put out to pasture. His failure until the Broncos are back to the playoffs is what I am hoping for every game and year.

Bronx33
10-02-2011, 09:45 PM
saints- since archie manning
greenbay

maven
10-02-2011, 10:03 PM
Other than the Broncos, I don't have one.

spdirty
10-02-2011, 10:44 PM
CU, Air Force, Stanford, Houston, Washington(loved seeing shanny whip mcdip****s ass today).

spdirty
10-02-2011, 11:00 PM

I think saying Kubiak "quit" on us is kind of strong. He was loyal after the Super Bowls and afterwards couldn't be a hc gig for 7 years. And before that he was Elways backup for bout 10 years and was a pretty damn good one. It sucked to lose him but he woulda been stupid not to take the job.

Yeah, for me personally Shanny will always be my favorite coach. I'll always be pissed wondering what might have been had Bowlen not fired him. And I hope they both get a Super Bowl ring with their teams before all is said and done.

Kaylore
10-02-2011, 11:01 PM

I root for Mike and Washington, but its hard for me to do so because I didn't care for the Redskins before. Their fans are sheep, their owner is a douche and they beat us in a Super Bowl. Between Shanny and John Beck, I can root for them. Without them, I hope they die.

As for Kubiak, he's a Bronco through and through. I would argue when you factor the times he came out of the bullpen for Elway, as well as his coaching career, it's easy to see why Bronco fans like him. Factor in that the Texans are too new, spend most of their time trying to beat the Jags and the Colts, and have been mostly terrible for so long they don't have any bad history with any team and they're an easy team to root for.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 11:02 PM
I think saying Kubiak "quit" on us is kind of strong. He was loyal after the Super Bowls and afterwards couldn't be a hc gig for 7 years. And before that he was Elways backup for bout 10 years and was a pretty damn good one. It sucked to lose him but he woulda been stupid not to take the job.

Yeah, for me personally Shanny will always be my favorite coach. I'll always be pissed wondering what might have been had Bowlen not fired him. And I hope they both get a Super Bowl ring with their teams before all is said and done.

So would I.

Because I didn't say it.

That One Guy
10-02-2011, 11:07 PM
So would I.

Because I didn't say it.

I think the issue is with where you said "Mike didn't quit on the Broncos..." as it seems to imply you meant that Kubiak did. Presumably that's where he's coming from.

spdirty
10-02-2011, 11:11 PM
So would I.

Because I didn't say it.

You were comparing Shanahan favorably to Kubiak and 1 of your points was that Mike didn't quit on the Broncos. So if Mike didnt quit on the Broncos in your comparison between Mike and Gary, who did? Or why even make the point?

Arkansas Bronco
10-02-2011, 11:15 PM
This is pretty ugly to say but i like watching Baltimores Def. I like Ngata, Suggs, and a guy named Ed Reed. I like watching GB's offense. I dont pull for those 2 but i enjoy the show. Most teams im indifferent to but i know who i dislike and who i want to loose.

SoCalBronco
10-02-2011, 11:16 PM
. And I hope they both get a Super Bowl ring with their teams before all is said and done.

Agreed. And I hope Bowlen is around to see it. And I also hope Bowlen is around when Shanny is inducted into the HOF and hopefully Shanny fails to mention him even a single time.

Rolandftw
10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Not so sure about aaron rodgers.. he's alot more cocky than I thought.. turning around and looking at dawkins and doing that corny ass belt thing.. always has this smirk on his face cuz he knows how good he is

He was pissed about what he perceived to be a late hit in the end zone.

Anyways, Bills and Packers I guess.

spdirty
10-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Agreed. And I hope Bowlen is around to see it. And I also hope Bowlen is around when Shanny is inducted into the HOF and hopefully Shanny fails to mention him even a single time.

While McDip**** is an assistant QB coach at Canton Junior High.

NUB
10-02-2011, 11:41 PM
I enjoy watching football in general so the real question is who do I like to see lose and the answer is quite simply the Dallas Cowboys. Today was the best of times, and the worst of times.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:49 PM
Lions and Texans and Bears .... oh my.

broncocalijohn
10-02-2011, 11:53 PM

You really need to let it go. Shanny got his coaching chance in Denver after Davis and the Raiders ****ted on him. He got a second chance pretty quick because of Bowlen. Not everyone hates Bowlen like you do. I am sure Shanny doesn't hate on him and he is the one that got canned. You take this waaaaaay too personal.

SoCalBronco
10-03-2011, 12:09 AM
You really need to let it go. Shanny got his coaching chance in Denver after Davis and the Raiders ****ted on him. He got a second chance pretty quick because of Bowlen. Not everyone hates Bowlen like you do. I am sure Shanny doesn't hate on him and he is the one that got canned. You take this waaaaaay too personal.

I can absolutely guarantee you that Shanny completely and utterly hates Bowlen. For a year after he was fired they lived a block or two from each other and never spoke to each other once. He'll never say it in public because his settlement prohibits bad mouthing the team, but Shanny knows what he was building and he is furious at not being allowed to finish the job.

Bowlen needs to be completely humiliated for the rest of his life. Looks like he isn't needing anyone's help at that so far.

Boltjolt
10-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I dont root for any other teams unless i need them to win to benefit my Chargers. Other than that, screw em all. Always hated Washington and hate em more with Shanarat there and his kid the little Rat who got his job thru daddy much like Brian Shottenhiemer who fans are making it known they want him fired. Speaking of which, i hate the Jets even with some x Chargers on it. Makes no difference, they are still the Jets.
I will however root for Elway to keep John Fox since he is still sticking to his do or die QB policy. I dont think Tebow is better than Orton but at least he can run and has that weapon.

Not trying to grind anyone here with this, just stating my thoughts.

Hopefully we wont get Norved in Denver.

ol#7
10-03-2011, 01:10 AM
The Vikings are my second favorite team...

Im pulling for Houston (Like Kubes and have family there)

Washington (Soft spot for former Broncos, rooted for Reeves in NY and Atlanta too)

Chicago (sorry dont get all the Cutler hate)

Detroit-Love the underdog and downtrodden teams

Cleveland-Yeah Hillis

Basically I have enough rooting interests to keep me tuned in each week even though my two favorites are a steaming pile of feces.

mkporter
10-03-2011, 01:16 AM
I can absolutely guarantee you that Shanny completely and utterly hates Bowlen. For a year after he was fired they lived a block or two from each other and never spoke to each other once. He'll never say it in public because his settlement prohibits bad mouthing the team, but Shanny knows what he was building and he is furious at not being allowed to finish the job.

Bowlen needs to be completely humiliated for the rest of his life. Looks like he isn't needing anyone's help at that so far.

Slowick.

mkporter
10-03-2011, 01:19 AM
My favorite non-Orton QB'd team is the week 7 and beyond Broncos. Barring that, the 2012 Broncos.

BowlenBall
10-03-2011, 01:23 AM
Just to be clear, Denver is #1, and there is no #2.

That being said, I do root for the following teams if there are no Denver implications:

Houston Texans: Kubiak was both the perfect back-up QB and offensive coordinator for the Broncos, and GM Rick Smith is also one of our own. By all accounts, owner Bob McNair is also one of the best owners out there, a guy who gives maximum resources to his team, but never meddles. How can you NOT hope these guys do well?

Detroit Lions, Arizona Cardinals: The fans of these franchises deserve better. Will be very happy if and when either of them win a Super Bowl.

The flip side (Teams I actively root against)
San Diego Chargers
Kansas City Chiefs
Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys (because of Jerry Jones and that Super Bowl)
New York Giants (because of East Coast bias and that other Super Bowl)
Washington Redskins (no offense to Shanny, but because of Dan Snyder AND that Super Bowl)
San Francisco 49ers (because of that other other other Super Bowl)

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:08 AM
You were comparing Shanahan favorably to Kubiak and 1 of your points was that Mike didn't quit on the Broncos. So if Mike didnt quit on the Broncos in your comparison between Mike and Gary, who did? Or why even make the point?

No, I wasn't comparing him to Kubiak, I was just pointing out the merits he has going for him. The part of that sentence I DO compare him to Kubiak I come out and specifically mention it.

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Slowick.

#5 defense yards, #3 defense scoring

oubronco
10-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Anyone who kicks the sh*t out of the Cowpies and Queefs because they are forcefed down our throats here in OKla

bendog
10-03-2011, 08:14 AM
Saints.

I hate Snyder. But I can see why Shanny chose his team to coach.

gunns
10-03-2011, 08:25 AM

Have never liked Washington, although I did like Joe Gibbs. Didn't like Kilmer or Theismann. And I'm still mad at Shanahan for the defense. I like Houston because they've never done anything and they aren't in our division.

jhns
10-03-2011, 08:30 AM
While I don't really care what happens, I find myself watching the following teams the most when Broncos aren't on:

Washington, because they have the best coach in the league and just brought in a bunch of Huskers.

Chicago, to watch how Jay develops and they have a pretty good team.

Lions, started mostly for Suh but they do have others that are fun to watch.

Houston, Kubiak.

Packers, Rams, and Cowboys because it is easier to talk **** to their fans when you know what is happening and all of my family and friends seem to like one of these.

schaaf
10-03-2011, 08:30 AM

How far have we fallen that I would do anything to get Shanahan back and coaching for us

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:34 AM
How far have we fallen that I would do anything to get Shanahan back and coaching for us

Well if you're asking me based on that symptom, not far at all! Everyone should one of, if not the, best coach in the league coaching here.

schaaf
10-03-2011, 08:37 AM
Well if you're asking me based on that symptom, not far at all! Everyone should one of, if not the, best coach in the league coaching here.

God that pisses me off watching him walk around in red and piss yellow

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 08:40 AM
God that pisses me off watching him walk around in red and piss yellow

I can stomach that part when we win.

So, yeah, it pisses me off every week too.

montrose
10-03-2011, 08:53 AM
**** the other 31 teams.

broncocalijohn
10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Slowick.

Bingo! Guys like SoCal and Rev still cant answer this one out or why we went through D.C. at the average of one per year once Coyer left. If treading 8-8 average over 3 years is building, I don't want any of that. It only looks good now because McD ****ed this franchise up so bad.
Have never liked Washington, although I did like Joe Gibbs. Didn't like Kilmer or Theismann. And I'm still mad at Shanahan for the defense. I like Houston because they've never done anything and they aren't in our division.

Kilmer? How can you hate on a guy that was like 50 years old starting for the Redskins and helping them? Dude was old with guts. Hell, I believe he was older than you and still playing! :yayaya:

DomCasual
10-03-2011, 02:10 PM
Bingo! Guys like SoCal and Rev still cant answer this one out or why we went through D.C. at the average of one per year once Coyer left. If treading 8-8 average over 3 years is building, I don't want any of that. It only looks good now because McD ****ed this franchise up so bad.

I understood the concept when he was fired. I still love the guy, though. And in retrospect, I think he would have figured out the defense - at least faster than it's taken us to rebuild without him.

Damn Josh McDaniels! Damn him to a career worse than Rick Neuheisel, after he left the Buffs!

TheReverend
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
Bingo! Guys like SoCal and Rev still cant answer this one out or why we went through D.C. at the average of one per year once Coyer left.

Yet somehow I just did.

broncocalijohn
10-03-2011, 08:32 PM
Yet somehow I just did.

Posted it before your response but I got to question this stat:

Slowick NEVER had stats like this in Denver or Packers. Those stats might have been what Packers were before Slowick took over the D.C. job and ruined them.

Well, it never looked good on Shanny. To have those others leave and then to bring in Slowick.... there just isnt an excuse for it.

mkporter
10-03-2011, 11:14 PM

Slowick?

#29 Defense Yards
#30 Defense Scoring
With an offense that you'd say was pretty ****ing sweet.

Shanny needed a fresh start.