PDA

View Full Version : Fox

Pages : 1 [2]

jhns
10-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Right, so just because the staff didn't dedicate themselves completely to a QB you wanted to start makes them incompetent.

It's the same broken record. None of these QBs come close to being a long term answer right now. Not Quinn/Orton who are gone anyway, and not Tebow who's still a long way to go and that's not going to change anytime soon unless the next Tom Brady just falls from the sky into this team.

In the meantime, like I said, there are just as important and collectively more important issues like the front 7/OL/run game to improve and solidify. Just because you've got QB blinkers on doesn't mean it's all we should care about also or the sole measuring stick of a new staff.

Yes, them playing a much worse player after having game tape of the backup outperforming the starter, shows incompetence. McDaniels didn't believe game tape on Hillis and we see where his talent evaluation got us... This isn't the only thing that shows Foxs incompetence though. Blowing calls that high school coaches don't screw up is another indication of incompetence. Earning the first overall pick is the ultimate sign of incompetence. How many great coaches pick first overall? Shanahan took over a four win team and still hasn't come close to the first pick...

I agree, Tebow hasn't proven he can be the long term solution. He has proven to be better than the current starter though. He has proven that he is a football player. Good coaches use their talent.

The front seven is playing better than most of the team. The run game needs improved but the line is young and they are doing great in pass protection. The secondary is pretty sad. None of these problems are close to being as important as the QB situation. None of these problems have potential solutions getting screwed over on the roster. The best we can hope for in fixing these other problems is having the coach teach the current guys how to play.

fontaine
10-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Yes, them playing a much worse player after having game tape of the backup outperforming the starter, shows incompetence. McDaniels didn't believe game tape on Hillis and we see where his talent evaluation got us... This isn't the only thing that shows Foxs incompetence though. Blowing calls that high school coaches don't screw up is another indication of incompetence. Earning the first overall pick is the ultimate sign of incompetence. How many great coaches pick first overall? Shanahan took over a four win team and still hasn't come close to the first pick...

I agree, Tebow hasn't proven he can be the long term solution. He has proven to be better than the current starter though. He has proven that he is a football player. Good coaches use their talent.

The front seven is playing better than most of the team. The run game needs improved but the line is young and they are doing great in pass protection. The secondary is pretty sad. None of these problems are close to being as important as the QB situation. None of these problems have potential solutions getting screwed over on the roster. The best we can hope for in fixing these other problems is having the coach teach the current guys how to play.

So if Fox starts Tebow and does a better job than Orton then does Fox go from being an incompetent coach to a good one in the space of a few quarters in your eyes since that seems to be the major source of your contention?

I'd just like to know, since clearly, you've got this whole "how to judge the competence of a new HC four games into a shortened offseason mess of a team he inherited" thing down to a science right?

Nevermind that Fox isn't the QBs coach, hell, even an offensive minded coach and he probably trusted the advice he got from other staff including Gase and/or McCoy who worked directly with Tebow before, nevermind that every player asked has supported Orton publicly (hence even more so privately) etc etc.

On that note, it's interesting you mentioning Shanahan who left it up to Kubiak to babysit Plummer and call his plays (after working with him an entire offseason) when Plummer was having a great year (his only) in Denver and promptly stopped caring and checked out once Kubes left.

I guess at least that's one thing both Head Coaches and I have in common in not having our head shoved up (your current fav) QB's a$$ so high that you can't see any of the other glaring problems in a team that you can ACTUALLY do something about. You know, things that a HC usually gets paid for?

Funny how a similar approach is working FOR Shanahan in DC where he's spent his time wisely in dedicating resources/time to changing the front 7/OL/run game and it's paying significant results even with a washed out QB like Grossman.

I say this, because Tebow groupies like you will be first in line to throw Fox/Bowlen/Elway/anyone under the bus when he does start and the defense/OL/run game have a poor stretch or get exposed (again) vs good playoff calibre teams (you know, the kind that fill up the rest of our schedule).

Then we'll come full circle and it'll be guys like you who'll still blame Fox and co for not putting together the right offense, the right OL, personnel etc to get the best out of Tebow.

Because yes the QB is the most important position in the team, but when you've got a limited a$$hat on his way out the door in Orton, and a long term project QB like Tebow then it's more about the team around them and minimizing their screwups, no matter who starts.

Bob's your Information Minister
10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Told you.

TonyR
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
I was saying the Eagles lack an o and d line and aren't good. Not sure if that was clear with your response.

Once again you demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about. The Eagles O-line is okay and their D-line is actually pretty good. Their issues are primarily at LB and S. And I bet the Eagles win at least 9 games this year when all is said and done.

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:09 AM
So if Fox starts Tebow and does a better job than Orton then does Fox go from being an incompetent coach to a good one in the space of a few quarters in your eyes since that seems to be the major source of your contention?

I'd just like to know, since clearly, you've got this whole "how to judge the competence of a new HC four games into a shortened offseason mess of a team he inherited" thing down to a science right?

Nevermind that Fox isn't the QBs coach, hell, even an offensive minded coach and he probably trusted the advice he got from other staff including Gase and/or McCoy who worked directly with Tebow before, nevermind that every player asked has supported Orton publicly (hence even more so privately) etc etc.

On that note, it's interesting you mentioning Shanahan who left it up to Kubiak to babysit Plummer and call his plays (after working with him an entire offseason) when Plummer was having a great year (his only) in Denver and promptly stopped caring and checked out once Kubes left.

I guess at least that's one thing both Head Coaches and I have in common in not having our head shoved up (your current fav) QB's a$$ so high that you can't see any of the other glaring problems in a team that you can ACTUALLY do something about. You know, things that a HC usually gets paid for?

Funny how a similar approach is working FOR Shanahan in DC where he's spent his time wisely in dedicating resources/time to changing the front 7/OL/run game and it's paying significant results even with a washed out QB like Grossman.

I say this, because Tebow groupies like you will be first in line to throw Fox/Bowlen/Elway/anyone under the bus when he does start and the defense/OL/run game have a poor stretch or get exposed (again) vs good playoff calibre teams (you know, the kind that fill up the rest of our schedule).

Because yes the QB is the most important position in the team, but when you've got a limited a$$hat on his way out the door in Orton, and a long term project QB like Tebow then it's more about the team around them and minimizing their screwups, no matter who starts.

Hell no that wont make me think better of him. This is the NFL. Realizing you weee stupid after the fact, is not good. This isn't the place to learn on the job... I also pointed out multiple other reasons but you don't see anything other than Tebow as you cry about everyone making it all about the QB. Goid job!

No ****. His teams have never had good play from the QB. Incompetence.

You really just compared Shanahans ability to use QBs to Foxs? Really? Nevermind the fact that Grossman alsways beat out Orton when they were on the same team. Lets just focus on the stupidity of Fox being able to work with mediocre QBs the same way Shanahan can, bevause that has to be the dumbest thing I have read this month, maybe ever.

You say we can actually fix stuff that can't be fixed as you claim QB can't be fixed. Earlier you said Tebow woupd probably make the offense bettet. No one thinks we have good defenders on the bench waiting to improve the defense. Way to not even try thinking before posting that.

You say I am the Tebow groupie that will throw everyone under the bus as you throw every other player under the bus. Too funny. And you guys know me, I'm all about making excuses for poor play... I don't even like Tebow. You going to extremes just shows that you are simple. Tebow should be playing because he outperformed the starter in real games. I have looked and can't find any kind of pattern showing that QBs get worse after their first few starts. I have seen Orton flop around failing for years. I have never watched a player outperform the starter and the team not even care to see if he could continue doing it.

You keep sucking the front offices nuts though. I will guarantee that with the way you are acting, you also defended McDaniels. You McFans need to learn to think for yourselves. Guess what? I was 100% right about McDaniels and he never even coached a game before I was able to point out his incompetence. So I will just keep living in reality while you do your mcFan thing...

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:13 AM
Once again you demonstrate that you don't know what you're talking about. The Eagles O-line is okay and there D-line is actually pretty good. Their issues are primarily at LB and S. And I bet the Eagles win at least 9 games this year when all is said and done.

Yeah, we should listen to the guy that says the Titans are better than the Saints...

TonyR
10-05-2011, 08:15 AM
Yeah, we should listen to the guy that says the Titans are better than the Saints...

No attempt to actually argue against my post? Or is deflection the the way jhns admits he's wrong? Particularly weak sauce since I only mistakenly insinuated that the Titans were better than the Saints and corrected myself. Weak.

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:23 AM
No attempt to actually argue against my post? Or is deflection the the way jhns admits he's wrong? Particularly weak sauce since I only mistakenly insinuated that the Titans were better than the Saints and corrected myself. Weak.

Your post was dumb enough to not warrant a response. What do you want? Five pages of, "their line sucks", "no it doesn't!"? You see, you didn't actually bring an argument...

I will say this: if they are going to hit your win total, they better improve fast. They have lost to some weak teams already.

Eldorado
10-05-2011, 08:31 AM
jhns, you are the queen of slap fights.

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:34 AM
jhns, you are the queen of slap fights.

Thanks.

TheDave
10-05-2011, 08:36 AM
http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/4184/slapfight.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/265/slapfight.gif/)
Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

TonyR
10-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Your post was dumb enough to not warrant a response.

Dumber than you making incorrect comments and generalizations about a team you clearly know nothing about? Yeah I don't think so. You were wrong, I called you on it. Move on.

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Dumber than you making incorrect comments and generalizations about a team you clearly know nothing about? Yeah I don't think so. You were wrong, I called you on it. Move on.

Fine, they are exactly what you and the media claims. That is why they are losing to **** teams!

strafen
10-05-2011, 08:47 AM
jhns, you are the queen of slap fights.Why is it always Jhns and not the other guy he's debating with?
Even when the guy is right, he's wrong, huh?
Jhns has been on point since the post-Shanahan era. He's had good points that proved a lot of you wrong time after time, and he can't still win.
Amazing!

fontaine
10-05-2011, 08:48 AM
Hell no that wont make me think better of him. This is the NFL. Realizing you weee stupid after the fact, is not good. This isn't the place to learn on the job... I also pointed out multiple other reasons but you don't see anything other than Tebow as you cry about everyone making it all about the QB. Goid job!

No ****. His teams have never had good play from the QB. Incompetence.

You really just compared Shanahans ability to use QBs to Foxs? Really? Nevermind the fact that Grossman alsways beat out Orton when they were on the same team. Lets just focus on the stupidity of Fox being able to work with mediocre QBs the same way Shanahan can, bevause that has to be the dumbest thing I have read this month, maybe ever.

You say we can actually fix stuff that can't be fixed as you claim QB can't be fixed. Earlier you said Tebow woupd probably make the offense bettet. No one thinks we have good defenders on the bench waiting to improve the defense. Way to not even try thinking before posting that.

You say I am the Tebow groupie that will throw everyone under the bus as you throw every other player under the bus. Too funny. And you guys know me, I'm all about making excuses for poor play... I don't even like Tebow. You going to extremes just shows that you are simple. Tebow should be playing because he outperformed the starter in real games. I have looked and can't find any kind of pattern showing that QBs get worse after their first few starts. I have seen Orton flop around failing for years. I have never watched a player outperform the starter and the team not even care to see if he could continue doing it.

You keep sucking the front offices nuts though. I will guarantee that with the way you are acting, you also defended McDaniels. You McFans need to learn to think for yourselves. Guess what? I was 100% right about McDaniels and he never even coached a game before I was able to point out his incompetence. So I will just keep living in reality while you do your mcFan thing...

The difference is I'm not ready to start calling Fox and co incompetent just because they don't have a man crush on Tebow after just four games into the season.

They get the benefit of the doubt for at two seasons for me (unless they royally screwup like McD).

Just like Tebow will get the same learning curve and I won't be making knee jerk decisions on his future based on two/three games.

jhns
10-05-2011, 08:53 AM
The difference is I'm not ready to start calling Fox and co incompetent just because they don't have a man crush on Tebow after just four games into the season.

They get the benefit of the doubt for at two seasons for me (unless they royally screwup like McD).

Just like Tebow will get the same learning curve and I won't be making knee jerk decisions on his future based on two/three games.

Lets not put words in my mouth(or posts). There was no "and co". There is just Fox. Again, the incompetence comes from a lot more than just the QB position. You only see QB because it seems to be the only thing you want to argue.

I liked a lot of the offseason. I have no problems with what Elway has done.

TonyR
10-05-2011, 08:59 AM
Why is it always Jhns and not the other guy he's debating with?
Jhns has been on point since the post-Shanahan era. He's had good points that proved a lot of you wrong time after time, and he can't still win.
Amazing!

LOL So jhns was right about McDaniels so now he's always right? That's your logic? If jhns told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? I say you give it a shot and report back to us how it all works out.

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
LOL So jhns was right about McDaniels so now he's always right? That's your logic? If jhns told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? I say you give it a shot and report back to us how it all works out.

I would never tell him that, he is one of the smarter posters here.

Can you name some stuff I have been wrong about? Lets start there for the "we are smarter than the guy who is always correct" campaign.

It is easy to be right when you think for yourself.

The McDaniels thing was so easy to see. It really says a lot more about those of you who were on the wrong side of the arguments than it does about those of us that were right.

vancejohnson82
10-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Can you name some stuff I have been wrong about? Lets start there for the "we are smarter than the guy who is always correct" campaign.

The McDaniels thing was so easy to see. It really says a lot more about those of you who were on the wrong side of the arguments than it does about those of us that were right.

You were pretty adamant that we would regret the loss of Marshall immensely

go_broncos
10-05-2011, 09:12 AM

Atleast he is right on one thing..your posts are garbage..

TonyR
10-05-2011, 09:21 AM
Atleast he is right on one thing..your posts are garbage..

Wow. Who knew that jhns had a secret fan club! Hilarious!

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:22 AM
You were pretty adamant that we would regret the loss of Marshall immensely

I still agree with that. Aside from Nolan, he was the other huge loss that took us from 8 wins to 4. It isn't that I thought Marshall was that important, it was losing him after giving away a ton of other talent already. I still say we are a few wins better if Marshall is here now.

Edit: Elvis was also a huge loss last season. I can't leave him out. That was just bad luck though and not inxlcompetence from the front office.

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM

You said cutler was good. Good qbs dont play like orton during a cg. Good qbs play good in playoff games.

bowtown
10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Why is it always Jhns and not the other guy he's debating with?
Amazing!

And you are the queen of humping jhns leg.

DarkHorse30
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
look, Tebow is/was not Elway's QB, and Fox HAS NEVER CARED who the QB is on any of his teams. Does this make it a conspiracy against Tebow?

Nope.

Patience. But keep yelling for Tebow, Denver fans - because it makes me laugh and it makes Orton uncomfortable. I think he should be feeling SOMETHING when he is on the sidelines.....let's start with uncomfortable.

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:28 AM
You said cutler was good. Good qbs dont play like orton during a cg. Good qbs play good in playoff games.

He was also injured. He had an excellent game when healthy. Notice that they lost when he wasn't there to carry them?

vancejohnson82
10-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I still agree with that. Aside from Nolan, he was the other huge loss that took us from 8 wins to 4. It isn't that I thought Marshall was that important, it was losing him after giving away a ton of other talent already. I still say we are a few wins better if Marshall is here now.

I would agree with you if you were talking about Cutler....its hard to argue that a guy who made it to the NFC Championship wouldnt help us

but Marshall has been injured often and,although some of it has to do with the QB situation in Miami, he has been a good/very good player...not elite like I originally thought he would be

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:37 AM
He was also injured. He had an excellent game when healthy. Notice that they lost when he wasn't there to carry them?

And this post is another example of you being wrong. He was having a terrible game... He was on pace to set records for nfccg futility actually.

His injury was a merciful act by his master satan, and when hanie came in the team actually played better.

I wish he wasnt injured and than his terribke performance would have really sunk into the widows that although he is gifted physically, he is a munson like orton.

TonyR
10-05-2011, 09:39 AM
Notice that they lost when he wasn't there to carry them?

Notice how they scored 34 points and won last week when he went 9/17-102, 0 TD, 1 Int?

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:41 AM
And this post is another example. He was having a terrible game... He was on oace to set records for nfccg futility...

His injury was a merciful act by his master satan, and hanie came in and the team actually played better.

He was injured earlier in the game... He didn't come out until he realized he sucked with the injury. A true team player.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be happy with his play if he was here. The thing is, he wasn't playing like that here. He had an actual offense around him here. There is no telling what he would have become if he stayed here. He made the pro bowl in only his second year starting though.

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:44 AM
Notice how they scored 34 points and won last week when he went 9/17-102, 0 TD, 1 Int?

You didn't watch that game so I will excuse your ignorance. His performance wasn't bad. The run game, defense, and special teams just put the game away before he had to throw. If you are using this as proof that he doesn't carry the team, well I just have to laugh. We were talking about ladt season and i was being sarcastic. Both points make your argument pretty silly.

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:45 AM
He was injured earlier in the game... He didn't come out until he realized he sucked with the injury. A true team player.

Honestly though, I wouldn't be happy with his play if he was here. The thing is, he wasn't playing like that here. He had an actual offense around him here. There is no telling what he would have become if he stayed here. He made the pro bowl in only his second year starting though.

Cutlers problems are between his ears. I can see the love for him as i was a huge fan myself...but there comes a time when patterns are no longer abberations, they become reality.

He could be great, but he isnt and I doubt he will ever be.

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM

Also refresh your memory...he was playing terrible before the injury.

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Also refresh your memory...he was playing terrible before the injury.

Never happened.

TonyR
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Both points make your argument pretty silly.

How so? Last week proved that Chicago can score and win with their QB making almost zero contribution. In other words, he doesn't carry that team.

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Never happened.

Please clarify...you are saying he was injured before the game?

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:51 AM
How so? Last week proved that Chicago can score and win with their QB making almost zero contribution. In other words, he doesn't carry that team.

You can't read.

Please explain how Orton not throwing interceptions last season proves that he hasn't this season? This is pretty much what your argument is.

And again, I wasn't serious when I said that.

Edit: I did that backwards. You are saying that because Orton threw a ton of picks this year, it proves he did last year.

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:54 AM
Please clarify...you are saying he was injured before the game?

Nope.

OABB
10-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Nope.

Before the reported play that injured him?

jhns
10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Before the reported play that injured him?

Maybe.

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Fox has tied Studesville's record at 1 and 3. Bring back Eric! !Booya!

Dogsweat
10-05-2011, 10:19 AM
.... says a fan of a team that recently had seven seasons with 5 or fewer wins.... and is still only at .500. :clown:

Thats a clever comeback.

Your Mules are about to go through a losing depression in the next few years.

Johnny arrogance Elway will be the one to destroy the Mules.

I find it pathetic that Johnny Arrogance is so jealous of Tebow, that he refuses to even give him a shot.

I guess the Mule Master needs his large ego stroked and his rectum kissed.

So the Mules will be 1-7 by week 8, and Kylee will still be the starter.

Because the 3 time SB loser has to have all the attention.

Next 4 games:

San Diego

Miami

Detroit

Raiders

Here come 4 straight losses.

Rohirrim
10-05-2011, 10:30 AM
I hope the Raiders make the playoffs. When there's more on the line and they get their asses kicked, it's so much fun to watch their fans whimper.

http://www.chargertom.com/RaiderPicKiss.jpg

Gort
10-05-2011, 10:37 AM
Thats a clever comeback.

Your Mules are about to go through a losing depression in the next few years.

Johnny arrogance Elway will be the one to destroy the Mules.

I find it pathetic that Johnny Arrogance is so jealous of Tebow, that he refuses to even give him a shot.

I guess the Mule Master needs his large ego stroked and his rectum kissed.

So the Mules will be 1-7 by week 8, and Kylee will still be the starter.

Because the 3 time SB loser has to have all the attention.

Next 4 games:

San Diego

Miami

Detroit

Raiders

Here come 4 straight losses.

your smack talk is woefully inadequate. smack needs to be funny, clever, and/or witty. at least here. if you're not ready to play at this level, maybe you should try the free Yahoo boards. those may be more your speed.

for example, let's take Al Davis.

calling him "Al Dumbass Davis" is pretty much amateur hour. this is something a 9-year old can come up with. this is your level.

however, describing him as "a 3-headed soul muncher", then at least you know the poster knows a) who Dante was, and b) has the ability to google a wikipedia page on Dante's Inferno. this is above your level.

vancejohnson82
10-05-2011, 10:50 AM
your smack talk is woefully inadequate. smack needs to be funny, clever, and/or witty. at least here. if you're not ready to play at this level, maybe you should try the free Yahoo boards. those may be more your speed.

calling him "Al Dumbass Davis" is pretty much amateur hour. this is something a 9-year old can come up with. this is your level.

however, describing him as "a 3-headed soul muncher", then at least you know the poster knows a) who Dante was, and b) has the ability to google a wikipedia page on Dante's Inferno. this is above your level.

spot on

I have yet to see a Raiders fan be able to come in here and play with the big boys

OABB
10-05-2011, 11:03 AM
Maybe.

And you believe this because you kbow something or because you are hopefull?

jhns
10-05-2011, 11:05 AM
And you believe this because you kbow something or because you are hopefull?

Believe what?

Dogsweat
10-05-2011, 11:12 AM
spot on

I have yet to see a Raiders fan be able to come in here and play with the big boys

You mean the Big Effeminate Boys. Playing the "Big Boys' card is played out.

I have yet to see a Mule fan stand up to a Raider fan in Denver.

If you do your research, you will find Raider gear sells more in Denver, than Mule gear.

Mule fans (all three of them) run and hide at Raiders(home) games.

Yet, Raider fans have no problem at Nabisco or whatever Stadium it is now.

Dogsweat
10-05-2011, 11:14 AM

Your fan base is the biggest joke in all of sports.

My smack talk is limited, because of your pettiness.

If I was to say the truth, I would be banned.

So save it.

Denver Mule combacks:

1. Al Davis Sucks

2. Al Davis sucks

3. Al Davis Sucks

4. Al Davis Sucks

5. Al Davis Sucks

Just remember who has more rings than your franchise.

And we have not forgot about your 4 SB choke jobs.

3 of them by Johnnie.

Dedhed
10-05-2011, 11:16 AM

The game ended much closer than it was when Cutler called it quits.

jhns
10-05-2011, 11:17 AM
The game ended much closer than it was when Cutler called it quits.

Loss.

Dedhed
10-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Loss.
I wasn't referring to your argument, but the fact that Hanie outplayed Cutler by a considerable margin.

jhns
10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
My smack talk is limited, because of your pettiness.

Wtf? Your smack is too limited by this sites rules? Why don't you come up with something more creative than your momma jokes from the 90s then?

Or is it that you can't stab everyone through your monitor? That can't be it as you would still be facing the person you were trying to stab. Everyone knows you girls only stab people in the back when there is a crowd to protect/hide you. Little girls...

jhns
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I wasn't referring to your argument, but the fact that Hanie outplayed Cutler by a considerable margin.

Well, he is better than an injured Cutler. That should get him far...

OABB
10-05-2011, 11:25 AM
Believe what?

quit trying to be clever john. simply, you are inferring that his bad play was because of an injury, an injury that happened aftrr his bad play according to all facts. you either believe the injury was incorrectly reported or cutler hid it for most or the whole game.

jhns
10-05-2011, 11:58 AM
quit trying to be clever john. simply, you are inferring that his bad play was because of an injury, an injury that happened aftrr his bad play according to all facts. you either believe the injury was incorrectly reported or cutler hid it for most or the whole game.

I am inferring that he was injured and I have no clue when it happened. Nothing more.

OABB
10-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I am inferring that he was injured and I have no clue when it happened. Nothing more.

so if it turned out he was injured after his legendary ortonesque performance in the biggest game in his career would that change your opinion that hes a good qb?

55CrushEm
10-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Actually jhns would be IMPLYING.....and YOU would be inferring.

Grammar Cop to the rescue! :flower:

jhns
10-05-2011, 02:02 PM
so if it turned out he was injured after his legendary ortonesque performance in the biggest game in his career would that change your opinion that hes a good qb?

No.

OABB
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Actually jhns would be IMPLYING.....and YOU would be inferring.

Grammar Cop to the rescue! :flower:

yay!

OABB
10-05-2011, 02:21 PM
No.

fair enough. just curious however, if he pulled another orton in the playoffs this year, would there even be a chink in his armor for you?

jhns
10-05-2011, 02:23 PM
fair enough. just curious however, if he pulled another orton in the playoffs this year, would there even be a chink in his armor for you?

That depends on many factors. I can show you many of the top QBs playing bad in the playoffs early in their careers.