View Full Version : Dan Reeves, "Play Tebow"

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 08:29 AM
Woody Paige: Reeves sees his past in today's Broncos
By Woody Paige
The Denver Post
Posted: 10/02/2011 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 10/02/2011 01:23:35 AM MDT

Dan Reeves said that Tim Tebow is "the closest thing to Roger (Staubach) I've seen in a quarterback."

Staubach "didn't want to get beaten by anybody. Tebow's that type of winner," Reeves told me Saturday in a phone conversation from his home in Georgia.

Reeves knows of what he speaks.

The 67-year-old former South Carolina quarterback has served as a coach with three of the most remarkable scrambling quarterbacks in NFL history — Staubach, Michael Vick and, of course, John Elway.

As a running back, a player-coach and a full-time assistant, Reeves was with the Cowboys when Staubach joined the league from the U.S. Navy in 1969, started in four Super Bowls and retired in 1979. Staubach started one game his rookie year.

Reeves was the Broncos' coach when Elway, the No. 1 overall pick, was acquired before his rookie season in 1983. And the two reached three Super Bowls in Reeves' dozen years in Denver. Elway started 10 games his first season.

Vick, chosen fifth in the first round of the 2001 NFL draft, started only two games as a rookie under Reeves, then the Falcons coach. Reeves and Vick made it to the NFC championship game in 2004.

"All three had unique abilities to pass and run and create problems for defenses. That's Tebow. I don't care if you run the West Coast, the East Coast, the Down South offense, you adjust what you're doing offensively to fit their style of play."I started John in his first game (and four more), but he didn't have the terminology down. When we went back to him (in Game 11), John was incredible at extending a play and doing something special.

"I remember thinking with John and Michael when they would take off — 'No, no, no,' then, 'Yes, yes, yes.' You couldn't coach it.

"Ask (former NFL coach) Marty Schottenheimer. He never figured out how to defense John. When Michael came along, it was the first time I saw defenses have a 'spy.' They couldn't put eight men in the box to stop the run because somebody had to be responsible for Michael.

"We looked at films of what Vick did in college and copied the plays. We studied how the Steelers used Kordell Stewart . We took stuff from other teams."
Cowboys coach Tom Landry "saw winning qualities in Roger. In the tug of war, Roger won 32 out of 34 matches. He just worked harder than everyone else and was a leader.

"When I watched that ESPN show last year about Tebow's workouts, it was like seeing Roger. Tebow's throwing technique is criticized. Roger carried the ball low too, because he was a scrambler and had to wind up to throw. He was a great passer. I've seen Tebow make the passes.

"The most important plays for quarterbacks are third downs and close to the goal. The coverage has to protect itself against quarterbacks who can run. They know (Kyle) Orton is going to stand in the pocket. Nobody knew what John was going to do.

"I'm not out there (at Broncos practices). I'm talking from a distance, but I know from experience that a guy like Tebow definitely makes a difference."
Reeves' experience was eight years as an undrafted NFL player, eight years as an assistant, 23 years as a head coach and an NFL-record nine Super Bowls. For several years, he worked as an analyst on NFL radio broadcasts.

The quasi-retired (not by choice) Reeves gives speeches, makes appearances, plays golf, views games on satellite TV and waits for a team and the Pro Football Hall of Fame to call.

"Those (four) losses in the Super Bowl," he says. "There were a couple (with the Broncos) we could have won, but I put those on myself."

Reeves and Elway didn't have a particularly close relationship.

"John was one of the greatest to play the game, and I know he'll be great as an executive because he's intelligent and savvy and knows football. He hired a good defensive football coach in John Fox."

Because of their competitive friction, Reeves and Elway often disagreed, and they seem to disagree about Tebow.

Just as Elway believed Reeves should be starting him every game in 1983, Reeves believes Tebow should be playing in 2011.

Woody Paige: 303-954-1095 or wpaige@denverpost.com

Read more: Woody Paige: Reeves sees his past in today's Broncos - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19022279#ixzz1Zdf5MGY8
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Jesterhole
10-02-2011, 08:35 AM
We won't see Tebow until the season is officially over. By then, Fox won't be able to hide behind any false reasoning.

Until then, we get Practice Field Super Star.

OrangeSe7en
10-02-2011, 08:36 AM
I need to stop reading stuff like this. It's only going to make watching the Green Bay game with Orton even more agonizing.

Requiem
10-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Great article, thanks!

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 08:40 AM
If Reeves is for it, I know it's wrong. ;D

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 08:45 AM
lol.....i knew that was coming

but like I said about reeves on the HOF thread, John Fox wishes he was as innovative a coach as Dan Reeves

OABB
10-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Lol. he does make a valid point about mobile qbs however.

frerottenextelway
10-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Miss Me Yet?

http://www.freewebs.com/captainbronco/ReevesDen.jpg

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 08:50 AM
lol.....i knew that was coming

but like I said about reeves on the HOF thread, John Fox wishes he was as innovative a coach as Dan Reeves

Innovative? Sammy Winder left. Sammy Winder right. Sammy Winder up the middle. :rofl:

HAT
10-02-2011, 08:50 AM
That's all well and good but Reeves would play this exactly like Fox is if he were the coach.

Terrible thread title BTW.

OABB
10-02-2011, 08:52 AM
That's all well and good but Reeves would play this exactly like Fox is if he were the coach.

Terrible thread title BTW.

Deberg gave us the best chance to win.

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Yeah, Reeves knows his QBs. That's why he used a first round pick to draft Tommy Maddox when Elway was all "washed up." Ha!

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Innovative? Sammy Winder left. Sammy Winder right. Sammy Winder up the middle. :rofl:

the three amigos, steve sewel, the shotgun offense

also, john elway was a league mvp under reeves (1987)

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 08:56 AM
the three amigos, steve sewel, the shotgun offense

also, john elway was a league mvp under reeves (1987)

Reeves was one of the worst game coaches I've ever seen. Shanahan completely spun him around in the Atlanta SB.

txtebow
10-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Duh.

Bronx33
10-02-2011, 08:59 AM
Reeves might be older and wiser.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Reeves was one of the worst game coaches I've ever seen. Shanahan completely spun him around in the Atlanta SB.

well duh...I didn't say he was better than shanny.Ha!

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Reeves has coached ortons dad, chris chandler, so he has interesting perspective.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 09:05 AM
Reeves has coached ortons dad, chris chandler, so he has interesting perspective.

lol, I was just going to post that orton is a chandler clone...Ha!

Maximus
10-02-2011, 09:08 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QZK_MrydHN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OrangeSe7en
10-02-2011, 09:08 AM

I would take Chandler over Orton without hesitation.

errand
10-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Deberg gave us the best chance to win.

He did in 1983...... dan reeves did what john fox isn't doing... he gave in to fans and media when picking his starting quarterback.

I do you find it ironic that a lot of bronco fans who said dan reeves destroyed john elway are now spouting the wisdom of the same guy they use to despise.

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:12 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QZK_MrydHN4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Did he say anything about wanting bledsoe over romo? he loves pocket sloths.

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:13 AM
He did in 1983...... dan reeves did what john fox isn't doing... he gave in to fans and media when picking his starting quarterback.

And then what happened?

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I do you find it ironic that a lot of bronco fans who said dan reeves destroyed john elway are now spouting the wisdom of the same guy they use to despise.

I never said that.....

gunns
10-02-2011, 09:14 AM

That's what I was thinking. He didn't know how to build a team around Elway, use Elway, and then drafted Maddox.

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:16 AM

I find it ironic that you use the elway/deberg example to defend orton starting.

Ok maybe not ironic....hilarious?

Maximus
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
Did he say anything about wanting bledsoe over romo? he loves pocket sloths.

I know... I know... deflect the obvious... Ooops... I forgot... I want this guy on the field! Kill Orton! Go Tebow!!

BabyTO
10-02-2011, 09:24 AM
can we trade john fox to the chiefs for a burger?

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:26 AM
I know... I know... deflect the obvious... Ooops... I forgot... I want this guy on the field! Kill Orton! Go Tebow!!

Why do you want the guy who plays you guys better? You like having.defenders carriedacross the goaline? You like watching defenders stiff armed like children on the way to a 40 yard broken play td?

Are you a masochist? or do you think when you play him again, studdesville.will be coaching and not letting him throw?

Pendejo
10-02-2011, 09:26 AM
That's what I was thinking. He didn't know how to build a team around Elway, use Elway, and then drafted Maddox.

He also won without Elway. In New York and Atlanta. Reeves is/was an excellent football coach. Anyone who says otherwise is simply goofy.

I understand the criticisms vis a vis drafting Maddox...working out a trade with Washington...etc. But that is a separate issue from his abilities as a head football coach. Reasonable people can distinguish between the two. Ultimately he lost a power struggle, and it was the absolute right thing for the Donks to do in moving on.

None of that takes away from the fact that Reeves has been a winner everywhere he's coached, and has pretty much seen it all. His opinion isn't the end all be all...but it should certainly carry as much weight as a dink like Merrill Hoge.

ludo21
10-02-2011, 09:33 AM
havent seen a pendejo post in a long while! great post

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Reeves was a gambler. Actually a decent Woody article, didn't inject too much personal opinion into it. Reeves was never afraid to gamble. Fox, well, he's kind of rigid. Well, we'll see what happens.

fontaine
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
We won't see Tebow until the season is officially over. By then, Fox won't be able to hide behind any false reasoning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mXxeBAZcvc&feature=related

Close up of Orton/neckbeard at 1:29.

Maximus
10-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Why do you want the guy who plays you guys better? You like having.defenders carriedacross the goaline? You like watching defenders stiff armed like children on the way to a 40 yard broken play td?

Are you a masochist? or do you think when you play him again, studdesville.will be coaching and not letting him throw?

Tebow isn't better... Only donk fans have the idea that he's a better option. It really doesn't matter what QB you play. All of them stink. If your team is going to play the QB that gives you the best chance to win. Quinn would be in the starting lineup.

The real reason why it doesn't matter is that crappy offensive line that you have! Zero throwing lanes created for a pocket QB (Orton, Quinn) Then you bring in a wild, undisciplined mechanical failure of a QB in Teblow and he makes the line even worse. He's left handed, you have a ****ty RT and teblow has the worst footwork ever. Worst!!!! Put him in please!

Jay3
10-02-2011, 09:46 AM

Maybe he gained some insight or perspective from going through it with Elway, Staubach, and Vick.

Gort
10-02-2011, 09:51 AM
on the NFL Today show, the chin said if the Broncos are 1-4 at the bye, you have to replace Orton with Tebow.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3660/3660773372_0d70698d5f_z.jpg

Taco John
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Woody is just trolling Elway with articles like this.

OABB
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Tebow isn't better... Only donk fans have the idea that he's a better option. It really doesn't matter what QB you play. All of them stink. If your team is going to play the QB that gives you the best chance to win. Quinn would be in the starting lineup.

The real reason why it doesn't matter is that crappy offensive line that you have! Zero throwing lanes created for a pocket QB (Orton, Quinn) Then you bring in a wild, undisciplined mechanical failure of a QB in Teblow and he makes the line even worse. He's left handed, you have a ****ty RT and teblow has the worst footwork ever. Worst!!!! Put him in please!

Quinn? ok. Done even talking to you about qbs. You are obviously trolling, or just really stupid.

Gort
10-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Quinn? ok. Done even talking to you about qbs. You are obviously trolling, or just realky stupid.

she's a raiders fan. she's really, really stupid.

go_broncos
10-02-2011, 09:59 AM
We will be 1-4 at the bye. At that time, Fox had to start Tebow.

Ranger24
10-02-2011, 10:02 AM

I'm just quoting this so everyone can ignore it one more time for good messure.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Woody is just trolling Elway with articles like this.

Considering Elway's been trolling Bronco fans since his hire, fair game.

Maximus
10-02-2011, 10:15 AM
The Face of Donk Fans after Tebow Fails!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0cFucXYlw94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bronx33
10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
cut- print- ghey

OABB
10-02-2011, 10:19 AM
The Face of Donk Fans after Tebow Fails!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0cFucXYlw94" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Do you have one for when you said quinn is our best qb?

Mogulseeker
10-02-2011, 10:20 AM
All we are saying... is give Tebow a chaaaaance,
Everybody's talking 'bout Tebow and Orton and Tebow and Quinn,
Pockets and rollouts the Red Zone, third down,
All we are saying... is give Tebow a chaaaaance.

Maximus
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
Do you have one for when you said quinn is our best qb?

LOL y'all are pretty creative. I'm sure someone will come up with something. Seeing how creative you donk fans have been in creating the tebow is a hero story.

Consciously ignoring all his short comings and ... ignoring football 101. The game is won in the trenches and starts with the lines. Without the Oline and Dline your skill players are nothing!

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM

Please. The only reason Atlanta got there was because of Reeves' gameday coaching. Same as the reason Denver got to playoffs and SB's with Reeves was because of Reeves sheer intensity on gameday. And also the Reeves and Joe Collier defenses. Reeves was one of the best HC's Denver has ever had. Brought Shanahan into the League, mentored him, promoted him through the ranks. Then Shanahan stabbed the Broncos in the back by taking Al Davis' offer to become HC of the Raiders. What a stab in the back it was by Shanny, to take the Raider HC job after Reeves and the Broncos made his NFl career to that point.

Some people still think Reeves fired Shanny before he took the Raider HC job. No, Shanny voluntarily took the Raider HC job, the POS. I'll always despise Shanny for that.

montrose
10-02-2011, 10:34 AM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/reeves_elway.jpg

+

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/784271/gyi0062898275.jpg

=

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/bowlen(3).jpg

SoCalBronco
10-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Considering Elway's been trolling Bronco fans since his hire, fair game.

:thumbsup:

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Please. The only reason Atlanta got there was because of Reeves' gameday coaching. Same as the reason Denver got to playoffs and SB's with Reeves was because of Reeves sheer intensity on gameday. And also the Reeves and Joe Collier defenses. Reeves was one of the best HC's Denver has ever had. Brought Shanahan into the League, mentored him, promoted him through the ranks. Then Shanahan stabbed the Broncos in the back by taking Al Davis' offer to become HC of the Raiders. What a stab in the back it was by Shanny, to take the Raider HC job after Reeves and the Broncos made his NFl career to that point.

Some people still think Reeves fired Shanny before he took the Raider HC job. No, Shanny voluntarily took the Raider HC job, the POS. I'll always despise Shanny for that.

Such a rewriting of history, you must be Chinese. What offensive coordinator wouldn't accept a HC job? Reeves miscoached the Broncos for three quarters and then Elway would bail him out in the fourth quarter. Shanahan got kicked out by the egomaniacal Reeves because he was working behind the scenes with Elway on plays that Reeves could only dream about, and when Elway started calling those plays on his own in games, Reeves wouldn't put up with the insubordination, even if the results were better than anything he could come up with. The proof is in the pudding, when Atlanta faced the Broncos in the SB, Shanahan schooled that bum.

DenverBrit
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
According to Glazer on Fox http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl Tebow will get some snaps today.

Bronx33
10-02-2011, 11:00 AM
ALLL LIES!!!!

smoke4815162342
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
uhoh...

Reeves wants Tebow to play, that is a really bad sign for timmy

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:04 AM

Joking? He was an excellent coach I thought, lots of playoff appearances. Played and coached in a record 9 Super Bowls. If they elect based on playing and coaching combined, he'd have a shot, but I think it's one or the other.

Strange part here is Dan gets it. He went to South Carolina, yet he understands this situation. More than I can say for some Stanford grads.

24champ
10-02-2011, 11:06 AM
Elway/Fox are getting ripped apart in the DPO comments.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Such a rewriting of history, you must be Chinese. Reeves miscoached the Broncos for three quarters and then Elway would bail him out in the fourth quarter. Shanahan got kicked out by the egomaniacal Reeves because he was working behind the scenes with Elway on plays that Reeves could only dream about, and when Elway started calling those plays on his own in games, Reeves wouldn't put up with the insubordination, even if the results were better than anything he could come up with. The proof is in the pudding, when Atlanta faced the Broncos in the SB, Shanahan schooled that bum.

And there we see how people still think Reeves kicked Shanny out of Denver to the Raiders. No, Shanny voluntarily took the Raider HC job. SHANNY VOLUNTARILY TOOK THE RAIDER HC JOB, THE POS.

Sorry, Roh, but Shanny stabbed the Broncos in the back, the POS. He took the Raider HC job voluntarily, thereby stating that he was happy to beat the Broncos twice a year. What a piece of ****. I'll always despise Shanny for that back-stabbing move after Denver mentored him into the NFL.

Miss I.
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
According to Glazer on Fox http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl Tebow will get some snaps today.

this is also being reported on NFL.com (they are also quoting Glazer). http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822be34a/article/broncos-plan-to-give-tebow-some-plays-at-qb-vs-packers?module=HP11_headline_stack

"Jay Glazer reported Sunday that the Broncos plan to play Tebow at quarterback in certain packages against the Green Bay Packers."

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 11:12 AM
Joking? He was an excellent coach I thought, lots of playoff appearances. Played and coached in a record 9 Super Bowls. If they elect based on playing and coaching combined, he'd have a shot, but I think it's one or the other.

Strange part here is Dan gets it. He went to South Carolina, yet he understands this situation. More than I can say for some Stanford grads.

You must not have been there for all those games when the fans in the stands on 3rd and 5 would be shouting, "Sammy Winder up the middle," just seconds before Reeves would call that exact play and Winder would get stuffed. All I remember through all those years is throwing **** at my TV until finally, Elway would say "**** it" and start taking over the games himself. I hated Reeves then, and don't get the love for him now. Maybe the passage of time gives people those rose tinted glasses?

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Shanny stabbed the Broncos in the back, the POS. He took the Raider HC job voluntarily, thereby stating that he was happy to beat the Broncos twice a year. What a piece of ****. I'll always despise Shanny for that back-stabbing move after Denver mentored him into the NFL.

Never thought of it that way, but you're right ... the BASTARD.

Reeves' record was great, and you gotta hand it to him for wearing Broncos gear on the front page of his website (www.danreeves.co)

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 11:20 AM
You must not have been there for all those games when the fans in the stands on 3rd and 5 would be shouting, "Sammy Winder up the middle," just seconds before Reeves would call that exact play and Winder would get stuffed. All I remember through all those years is throwing **** at my TV until finally, Elway would say "**** it" and start taking over the games himself. I hated Reeves then, and don't get the love for him now. Maybe the passage of time gives people those rose tinted glasses?

How about the AFC West Championships, the playoff wins, The Drive with Sammy Winder, the OT drive with Sammy Winder? You must have forgot that Sammy Winder was the tailback on The Drive, and the OT drive to win the AFC Championship game.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 11:24 AM
And there we see how people still think Reeves kicked Shanny out of Denver to the Raiders. No, Shanny voluntarily took the Raider HC job. SHANNY VOLUNTARILY TOOK THE RAIDER HC JOB, THE POS.

Sorry, Roh, but Shanny stabbed the Broncos in the back, the POS. He took the Raider HC job voluntarily, thereby stating that he was happy to beat the Broncos twice a year. What a piece of ****. I'll always despise Shanny for that back-stabbing move after Denver mentored him into the NFL.

wtf? no one cared back then.

so why did reeves hire shanny two weeks after Al Davis fired him? (1989)

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:30 AM

I haven't changed my Reeves opinion recently, but I did think more of him after his Giants and Falcons years.

Elway saying "f it" and taking over, geez I dunno about that. John was no angel back then either as we know. He drank of course, and now admits he resented the f out of Marino's numbers and scape-goated behind the scenes.

The idea Reeves was too conservative, ran the ball too much, that was a popular fiction. John's number of pass attempts were right at the top of the league every year. Lots were Gene Lang and Gerald Willhite routes, though.

Mogulseeker
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
Never thought of it that way, but you're right ... the BASTARD.

Reeves' record was great, and you gotta hand it to him for wearing Broncos gear on the front page of his website (www.danreeves.co)

What's up with the images of Stokley though? Weird.

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 11:31 AM
How about the AFC West Championships, the playoff wins, The Drive with Sammy Winder, the OT drive with Sammy Winder? You must have forgot that Sammy Winder was the tailback on The Drive, and the OT drive to win the AFC Championship game.

How about the humiliating, embarrassing SB ass kickings where Reeves got totally outschooled (especially by Siefert)? Don't forget, it was Shanahan who brought the Broncos to SB victory, and he sure as hell didn't use any of Reeves game plans to do it. It was Walsh that made Shanahan, not Reeves. In the careers of Elway and Shanahan, Reeves was an obstruction they both had to overcome.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:33 AM

I think Cito was kidding about Shanahan being a back-stabbing piece of **** :~ohyah!:

Tombstone RJ
10-02-2011, 11:35 AM

Dan Reeves was also the coach in Atlanta when they had Vick as a rookie. I'm not a big Reeves fan but he has some valid points about Tebow.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
What's up with the images of Stokley though? Weird.

I see, in the shadowed background on top ... that is weird, really weird.

epicSocialism4tw
10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Reeves said that Tebow is the closest thing he has ever seen to Staubach.

That's some serious praise there, folks.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 11:38 AM

Because Reeves was a nice guy? I don't know. Reeves was a forgiving kind of guy? Reeves liked Shanny despite a poor judgement on Shanny's part?

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Maybe as far as scrambling ability goes. Staubach was a great scrambler. Almost as good as Tarkenton. But Staubach was also a highly accurate passer from the pocket.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM

Dumb thing to say, though ... borderline lunacy.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 11:42 AM
Because Reeves was a nice guy? I don't know. Reeves was a forgiving kind of guy? Reeves liked Shanny despite a poor judgement on Shanny's part?

are you always this big an idiot?

who cares where shanny left to go be a head coach? what kind of a-hole would stand in his way to being a head coach?

epicSocialism4tw
10-02-2011, 11:43 AM
Maybe as far as scrambling ability goes. Staubach was a great scrambler. Almost as good as Tarkenton. But Staubach was also a highly accurate passer from the pocket.

He was talking about Tebow's competitive will more than anything else, and he mentioned that Staubach was criticized in the same ways when he came out.

maven
10-02-2011, 11:44 AM
So now Dan Reeves says play Tebow. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 11:45 AM
How about the humiliating, embarrassing SB ass kickings where Reeves got totally outschooled (especially by Siefert)? Don't forget, it was Shanahan who brought the Broncos to SB victory, and he sure as hell didn't use any of Reeves game plans to do it. It was Walsh that made Shanahan, not Reeves. In the careers of Elway and Shanahan, Reeves was an obstruction they both had to overcome.

Bosheet, Shanahan used exactly Reeves game plans to get the SB victories. A strong running game first. Sure, Shanny did learn a lot from Walsh. But Reeves taught Shanny how to be an NFl coach, Reeves brought Shanny into the NFL.

epicSocialism4tw
10-02-2011, 11:46 AM

Nah.

People get their panties in a wad when someone is compared to a mythologized player, but I'll take the word of the guy who saw it up close and personal.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Bosheet, Shanahan used exactly Reeves game plans to get the SB victories. A strong running game first. Sure, Shanny did learn a lot from Walsh. But Reeves taught Shanny how to be an NFl coach, Reeves brought Shanny into the NFL.

ok wtf....do like shanny or not? Ha!

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 11:51 AM
are you always this big an idiot?

who cares where shanny left to go be a head coach? what kind of a-hole would stand in his way to being a head coach?

Reeves didn't stand in Shanny's way, but the Raiders? That's the job Shanny takes? He could have waited for another job.

"are you always this big an idiot?" WTF is that, dude? Why did you think that was called for?

KipCorrington25
10-02-2011, 12:00 PM

Oh no buddy, that's practice field hall of famer!

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 12:06 PM
Shanahan got kicked out by the egomaniacal Reeves because he was working behind the scenes with Elway on plays that Reeves could only dream about, and when Elway started calling those plays on his own in games, Reeves wouldn't put up with the insubordination, even if the results were better than anything he could come up with. The proof is in the pudding, when Atlanta faced the Broncos in the SB, Shanahan schooled that bum.

I think you're mis-reading some of that .. first time Reeves didn't fire him, Mike left. For a head-freaking-coaching job in the N-freaking-F-L. Hard to keep it that simple when it was the Raiders, but that's what happened. Big clue to what Reeves' thought of Mike ... hired him back immediately. Yes, Reeves fired him later, but that "insubordination" as you call it, kinda boils down to Dan being the boss.

As far as Mike "schooling" Dan in SBXXXIII, I guess so ... but 6 Hall-of-Fame caliber offensive players kinda helped.

How you can call anyone an 'egomaniac' in the same sentence you mention Mike Shanahan is a mystery to me. Mike's ego/megalomania makes Dan look like a cloistered monk. Seriously, I think Shanahan is pretty disturbed.

razorwire77
10-02-2011, 12:09 PM
All three had unique abilities to pass and run and create problems for defenses. That's Tebow. I don't care if you run the West Coast, the East Coast, the Down South offense, you adjust what you're doing offensively to fit their style of play."

LOL

Ohh, the sweet, hilarious, Sammy Winder off tackle left, Sammy Winder off tackle right, 3rd and 7 irony!

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I think you're mis-reading some of that .. first time Reeves didn't fire him, Mike left. For a head-freaking-coaching job in the N-freaking-F-L. Hard to keep it that simple when it was the Raiders, but that's what happened. Big clue to what Reeves' thought of Mike ... hired him back immediately. Yes, Reeves fired him later, but that "insubordination" as you call it, kinda boils down to Dan being the boss.

As far as Mike "schooling" Dan in SBXXXIII, I guess so ... but 6 Hall-of-Fame caliber offensive players kinda helped.

How you can call anyone an 'egomaniac' in the same sentence you mention Mike Shanahan is a mystery to me. Mike's ego/megalomania makes Dan look like a cloistered monk. Seriously, I think Shanahan is pretty disturbed.

Shanahan's egomania brought us back to back SBs. ;D

I put Reeves right up there with Marty Schottenheimer. He could get the hot chick to go to the dance with him, but she wasn't going home with him.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
That, and 6 Hall-of-Fame caliber players on offense.

I put Reeves right up there with Marty Schottenheimer. He could get the hot chick to go to the dance with him, but she wasn't going home with him.
That comparison is rife with accuracy, well done. Wonder why they aren't compared more often. Marty coached longer, but both guys were old-schoolish, conservative non-innovators who racked up big regular season W-L records, but alway - ALWAYS - fell short in the playoffs.

bronco militia
10-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Reeves didn't stand in Shanny's way, but the Raiders? That's the job Shanny takes? He could have waited for another job.

"are you always this big an idiot?" WTF is that, dude? Why did you think that was called for?

No you didnt deserve it.

But who cares where you get your first hc job??

extralife
10-02-2011, 12:49 PM
This is the first guy to hold this opinion whose words I actually value.

Ironically, no one else values them, because for some reason people in Denver still hate Dan Reeves, even though he was one of the very best coaches of his generation and a guy that ought to get serious Hall of Fame consideration given his overall body of work.

montrose
10-02-2011, 12:51 PM

I think Dan was referring more to his competiveness and leadership than skillset. Here's what I want to know, what does JIM GOODMAN think of Tebow? :yayaya: j/k

In seriousness, I'm begining to wonder how Tebow's competiveness will fly in an NFL locker room where players largely dont give a **** unless it effects their future paycheck. After a loss or even a win, if Tim comes at them eith his rah-rah thing will it inspire his teammates or make them say to each other "What the **** is wrong with this kid? This aint college no more." Maybe I'm looking into this too much but I'll never get the image of Orton, Lloyd, and some of the other vets laughing at him for busting his ass in sprints.

Or maybe that's the problem all together, this roster needs to be cleansed of the losers...

Jay3
10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I think Dan was referring more to his competiveness and leadership than skillset. Here's what I want to know, what does JIM GOODMAN think of Tebow? :yayaya: j/k

In seriousness, I'm begining to wonder how Tebow's competiveness will fly in an NFL locker room where players largely dont give a **** unless it effects their future paycheck. After a loss or even a win, if Tim comes at them eith his rah-rah thing will it inspire his teammates or make them say to each other "What the **** is wrong with this kid? This aint college no more." Maybe I'm looking into this too much but I'll never get the image of Orton, Lloyd, and some of the other vets laughing at him for busting his ass in sprints.

Or maybe that's the problem all together, this roster needs to be cleansed of the losers...

The "rah rah" factor has been way overblown as something about Tebow. His leadership is a 24/7 kind of "it factor." He's a larger than life figure who makes everybody feel the need to do work hard.

extralife
10-02-2011, 12:57 PM
but alway - ALWAYS - fell short in the playoffs.

Dan Reeves is one of, what, five head coaches to make it to four super bowls? He took teams there that had no business making it. He also made two other conference championship games. He is one of only two coaches in NFL history to take two different franchises to the super bowl (3 if you count John Gruden lolamirite). He is tied for 8th all time in career playoff victories as a coach, and has a winning playoff record.

So, uhhh, no. Yeah, he lost super bowls. I wish we could lose some super bowls again.

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 12:57 PM

I doubt that's true. A lot of guys play with that kind of enthusiasm in the league. Hell, Dawkins is one of them. Polamalu is another. It's just that Tebow gets a lot of attention but hasn't made his "bones" in the league. I imagine vets don't like that much.

epicSocialism4tw
10-02-2011, 12:58 PM

You got it. There is a culture of losing here that needs to be purged. A bunch of comfortable vets who dont have the heart to compete anymore.

I think that guys like Lloyd and Orton are the problem.

Arkie
10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Reeves had DeBerg/Elway and Chandler/Vick. He went with Elway and Vick. If he had Orton/Tebow, it's not surprising he would go with Tebow.

maher_tyler
10-02-2011, 03:05 PM

Brain Dawkins does that type of thing all the time...if guys in the locker room are really like that, i want them off the team now!

myMind
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM

You can't really tell who it is, but thanks for sharing and showing your level of intelligence.

gunns
10-02-2011, 04:24 PM
He also won without Elway. In New York and Atlanta. Reeves is/was an excellent football coach. Anyone who says otherwise is simply goofy.

I understand the criticisms vis a vis drafting Maddox...working out a trade with Washington...etc. But that is a separate issue from his abilities as a head football coach. Reasonable people can distinguish between the two. Ultimately he lost a power struggle, and it was the absolute right thing for the Donks to do in moving on.

None of that takes away from the fact that Reeves has been a winner everywhere he's coached, and has pretty much seen it all. His opinion isn't the end all be all...but it should certainly carry as much weight as a dink like Merrill Hoge.

Reeves was talking about a QB. I referenced his abilities with Elway which were not good. I appreciated his abilities in coaching the Broncos to 3 SB's but feel that if he had known how to build a team around Elway, maybe we would have had a win in there. And yes, he won at NY and Atlanta, even taking Atlanta to the SB, but he did not have a winning record at either place.

MacGruder
10-02-2011, 04:26 PM
You got it. There is a culture of losing here that needs to be purged. A bunch of comfortable vets who dont have the heart to compete anymore.

I think that guys like Lloyd and Orton are the problem.

I see the same thing... A lot of guys concerned about their careers at the expense of winning..

dsmoot
10-02-2011, 04:59 PM

My worst fear is that Tebow's time with Denver will end this year. I don't think he will see much playing time, someone will be brought in next year and Tebow will be jettisoned to eliminate another year of media/fan controversy. Gut feel but at this point I believe it.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Here's what I want to know, what does JIM GOODMAN think of Tebow? :yayaya: j/k
You're kidding I know, but .... Had Jim Goodman been asked for a pre-draft evaluation - and had McX heeded his advice - I'm pretty sure Tebow would be somebody else's problem right now.

After a loss or even a win, if Tim comes at them eith his rah-rah thing will it inspire his teammates or make them say to each other "What the **** is wrong with this kid? This aint college no more." Maybe I'm looking into this too much but I'll never get the image of Orton, Lloyd, and some of the other vets laughing at him for busting his ass in sprints.
That's been my theory ... that something's wrong with the guy, he can't lead because his teammates don't like and/or respect him. I was backing away from that theory, but it sounds more sensible the way you say it.

LET'S INVENTORY the list of possible answers to the $64 trillion dollar question:

Tebow's contract escalator/bonuses for GP/GS/minutes are too costly to pay out, especially after the Dolphins refused to take Orton's salary
Tebow's mechanics and/or skills regressed measurably during the offseason, shocking EFX when camp opened
To his teammates, Tebow's pollyana style makes him seem like a latter-day Gomer Pyle of some sort, and nobody wants to follow Gomer.
Scary thought I know, but maybe E, F and/or X didn't do their offseason homework, and were shocked when camp opened
Orlando Franklin is just too green to reliably protect Tebow's blind side (a new theory just last night)

None of it makes sense.

MacGruder
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
That's been my theory ... that something's wrong with the guy, he can't lead because his teammates don't like and/or respect him. I was backing away from that theory, but it sounds more sensible the way you say it.

I think you are dead wrong.. Tebow is not a rah rah guy.. you think the talent they had at Florida would follow a guy like that? Tebow leads because players love the way he plays. The problem is he was so dominant and there is so much media saturation now and Tebow is such a unique talent there was an incredible amount of envy and skepticism in all the schools he dominated or outside the SEC.

This is a big reason many in the media and ex players don't like him as well. There are so many biases to schools.

I also think a huge part of it is that players are afraid of doing things different and the style of play impacting their numbers because they will make less money. Do they want to win if it means Tebow carries the ball a lot taking their yards away as receivers?

Tebow's mechanics and/or skills regressed measurably during the offseason, shocking EFX when camp opened

More like they asked him to change his motion and he worked too hard at it.. Joe Montana and Jim Harbough said they never should have messed with his motion.

None of it makes sense.

I think the answer is that Fox and Elway are not creatively capable of adapting to a unique talent like Tebow.. it scares them to death. They can't adapt to Tebow so Tebow has to adapt to them... That's not what great coaches do. they adapt to theory talent.. especially if it is as valuable as Tebow's.

Mile High Mojoe
10-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Reeves is right. Nuff said.

BroncoBuff
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
MacGruder, your theory that EFX are "not creatively capable of adapting" to Tebow's skill set has a ring of truthiness to it.

Gort
10-02-2011, 05:58 PM
i think i have figured out how the EFX team works during the week.

Elway watches game film so he knows what we will do in the game, thus making it more enjoyable to watch (don't laugh, he's said this on the radio a couple of times).

Xanders gets the pizzas.

Fox is in charge of taking attendance.

TheReverend
10-02-2011, 06:02 PM
i think i have figured out how the EFX team works during the week.

Elway watches game film so he knows what we will do in the game, thus making it more enjoyable to watch (don't laugh, he's said this on the radio a couple of times).

Xanders gets the pizzas.

Fox is in charge of taking attendance.

I want exact quotes please...?

MacGruder
10-02-2011, 06:06 PM
I thought Elway said he listened to the plays as they were called on the headset.. is that what you were talking about?

Steve Sewell
10-02-2011, 07:23 PM

Agreed. Dan Reeves gets waaay too much hate from people on these boards. If he had won 1 or 2 SB's he'd be a HoF coach easily.

Gort
10-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I want exact quotes please...?

i've heard him twice in recent weeks say, when interviewed by Dave Logan, that the extent of his involvement during the week is to sit in on the game prep so that he knows what's going to happen in the game. he says as an ex-player, that's the part he enjoys and makes the game more enjoyable for him to watch. however, he says he does NOT give any input to the gameplan.

don't know if any audio is out there, but it's part of his weekly interview on Dave Logan's show. maybe you can find it on the KOA website.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/davelogan.html

DrFate
10-03-2011, 05:53 AM
In seriousness, I'm begining to wonder how Tebow's competiveness will fly in an NFL locker room where players largely dont give a **** unless it effects their future paycheck. After a loss or even a win, if Tim comes at them eith his rah-rah thing will it inspire his teammates or make them say to each other "What the **** is wrong with this kid? This aint college no more."

I asked the same question in a thread when he was drafted. How will the 'rah rah, go team' bit fly in a room of cynical millionaires who are most concerned about alimony to the disgruntled ex-wife and the bling they have to buy the new arm-candy wife?

Something happened at the end of the Cincy/Buffalo game that really stood out. Daulton scrambled to the right and dove head first, with the ball extended, to get a first down. Now this is a guy DIVING for a first down in game 4, on a team that isn't going anywhere - not a guy diving for a Super Bowl touchdown. Orton wouldn't do this (he couldn't do it, but that's not the point). Tebow and Daulton would. I'd trade three Orton's for a guy like Daulton. I think Tebow would lead by example, even if the 'give the ole college try' attitude might not fly in the locker room of vets. When Orton throws a pick (or a pick six) he simply shrugs his shoulders and trots to the sideline. He doesn't care. I'd LOVE for EFX to find a guy like Daulton next year - even if he's never on the cover of Madden he will give you his all - that's a guy you can root for. (I say this because I don't believe they are going to give Tebow a real chance in Denver)

SimonFletcher73
10-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Vince Lombardi couldn't have led the Broncos to victory in Super Bowl XXIV.

bendog
10-03-2011, 07:18 AM
DeBerg, maddox, dave brown, chris chandler, vick

Lolad
10-03-2011, 07:28 AM
MacGruder, your theory that EFX are "not creatively capable of adapting" to Tebow's skill set has a ring of truthiness to it.

McCoy needs to be fired. He is not a creative OC, his play selection which Simms talked about is terrible. Always drawing up plays that just make it pass the sticks.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Yeah, I can see where Tebow's rah-rah stuff would wear thin. But, he has grit and determination. We'll just have to see how it plays out, if it plays out at all RE: Tebow w/Broncos.

Cito Pelon
10-03-2011, 08:34 AM
Dan Reeves is one of, what, five head coaches to make it to four super bowls? He took teams there that had no business making it. He also made two other conference championship games. He is one of only two coaches in NFL history to take two different franchises to the super bowl (3 if you count John Gruden lolamirite). He is tied for 8th all time in career playoff victories as a coach, and has a winning playoff record.

So, uhhh, no. Yeah, he lost super bowls. I wish we could lose some super bowls again.

^^^^^^^. Rep.

bloodsunday
10-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Dude - this is an incredible article. I am late to get off the Orton bandwagon, but I just cannot take anymore of this. This team could easily be 3 - 1 and Orton made critical mistakes in both losses that could/should be wins. If we are going to live with critical mistakes from the QB, it should at least be with a guy with a lot more upside than Orton. Orton's value to this team is NOT making mistakes, but with a QB rating of 80 and 6 INTs, that argument is a total failure. And for what it is worth, I am absolutely disappointed with the lack of creativity this staff is showing on offense. You should use your best football players regardless of position and Tebow is obviously one of those. His work in the redzone last season speaks volumes about that. The Jets have a defensive package for Joe Mcknight for crying out loud! A back up RB on defense?! And we don't even have a Tebow package on offense.

uplink
10-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I remember watching Elway start that first year. He could barely lead the team to a 1st down every now and then. Then he was benched, and I was just hoping he would play again because he was fun to watch play even if he was playing well. Something about the guy. I feel the same way with Tebow. I just like watching him play, the competitiveness etc.

BroncoBuff
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I remember watching Elway start that first year. He could barely lead the team to a 1st down every now and then.

These days every 1st round QB is tossed in as a rookie.

In fact, every 1st round QB drafted in the last 6 years has started half or more his rookie season. Just two exceptions: Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn.

RaiderH8r
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Fire Fox. Hire Fisher.

Miss I.
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Fire Fox. Hire Fisher.

is that a new internet browser or something? ;D

Dedhed
10-03-2011, 08:39 PM

There's nothing humiliating about losing in the Super Bowl. Reeves got inferior teams to the game both in Denver and in Atlanta.

epicSocialism4tw
10-03-2011, 08:41 PM
There's nothing humiliating about losing in the Super Bowl. Reeves got inferior teams to the game both in Denver and in Atlanta.

People were predicting that the 14-2 Vikings team that Reeves upset would beat the Broncos in the SuperBowl.

ScottXray
10-03-2011, 09:50 PM
People were predicting that the 14-2 Vikings team that Reeves upset would beat the Broncos in the SuperBowl.

Frankly , I was SO relieved that Minny lost that game to Atlanta.

The reason was that Minnesota team was built exactly like ours and the match ups favored them in a lot of areas. If any team was going to beat us it would have been them, and seeing them lose just about clinched it for us.

strafen
10-03-2011, 10:08 PM

The reason was that Minnesota team was built exactly like ours and the match ups favored them in a lot of areas. If any team was going to beat us it would have been them, and seeing them lose just about clinched it for us.That's how I felt at the time.
I thought Minnesota had a powerful physical team that could've given us some trouble for sure...

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 09:22 AM

I always gave Elway more of the credit in getting those inferior Broncos' teams to the SBs, in spite of Reeves.

Anyway, as far as the Tebow question goes, if Tebow is so great, and Fox has no intention of using him, why aren't any of the teams in the league who are desperate for a QB breaking down our doors to get him?

~crickets~

jhns
10-04-2011, 09:25 AM
I always gave Elway more of the credit in getting those inferior Broncos' teams to the SBs, in spite of Reeves.

Anyway, as far as the Tebow question goes, if Tebow is so great, and Fox has no intention of using him, why aren't any of the teams in the league who are desperate for a QB breaking down our doors to get him?

~crickets~

Because Fox isn't in charge of personnel...

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Because Fox isn't in charge of personnel...

What's that got to do with the lack of interest in Tebow from teams in the league needing QBs?

jhns
10-04-2011, 09:31 AM
What's that got to do with the lack of interest in Tebow from teams in the league needing QBs?

There has been rumors of interest from teams like the Colts. You won't know if there is really interest though because Elway has no intentions of trading Tebow. You can speculate and make an ass out of yourself all you want, it won't make your logic good...

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 09:40 AM
There has been rumors of interest from teams like the Colts. You won't know if there is really interest though because Elway has no intentions of trading Tebow. You can speculate and make an ass out of yourself all you want, it won't make your logic good...

Trust me, when it comes to being an ass, I could never compete with you.

bronco militia
10-04-2011, 09:41 AM
we're not going anywhere with this defense...might as well play the QB that will be here after this season.

Dedhed
10-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I always gave Elway more of the credit in getting those inferior Broncos' teams to the SBs, in spite of Reeves.So you give Chandler the credit for getting an inferior Atlanta team there?

First, you don't know that there haven't been inquiries on Tebow. There hasn't been a single indication that the Broncos would entertain such offers.

What we do know is that we couldn't give Orton away. If he's such an underrated quality game manager, why didn't any value him over the likes of Donovan McNabb and Chad Henne?

DeuceOfClub
10-04-2011, 09:56 AM
"Matt Millen enthusiastically endorses Tebow"...

Circle Orange
10-04-2011, 09:57 AM

You know, I've thought about the Schottenheimer thing a lot. I really think the only difference between him and Shanny is that Shanny had #7...I think if you flip teams he gets at least one bowl. Sometimes stuff just isn't fated right.

Dan still sticking his nose in Bronco buisness, eh? Guess he still bleeds orange...

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 09:58 AM
So you give Chandler the credit for getting an inferior Atlanta team there?

First, you don't know that there haven't been inquiries on Tebow. There hasn't been a single indication that the Broncos would entertain such offers.

What we do know is that we couldn't give Orton away. If he's such an underrated quality game manager, why didn't any value him over the likes of Donovan McNabb and Chad Henne?

Just because I'm not high on Tebow, doesn't mean I think Orton is the real deal. I consider him in the mode of a solid backup. The number one position on my draft card for next season is QB. I think if any team had any interest in Tebow, we'd hear about it. There hasn't been a single indication that the Broncos would not entertain such offers.

jhns
10-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Just because I'm not high on Tebow, doesn't mean I think Orton is the real deal. I consider him in the mode of a solid backup. The number one position on my draft card for next season is QB. I think if any team had any interest in Tebow, we'd hear about it. There hasn't been a single indication that the Broncos would not entertain such offers.

This logic is still failing. There is no indication they would entertain such offers. There is no way for you to know if there were offers. The best you can get is rumors, and there have been rumors.

Your hate for Tebow is making you dumber than usual.

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 12:39 PM
This logic is still failing. There is no indication they would entertain such offers. There is no way for you to know if there were offers. The best you can get is rumors, and there have been rumors.

Your hate for Tebow is making you dumber than usual.

Hate? Why would I hate Tebow? I hate Ray Lewis. And Vick. Let's see... Rapistberger. The Chiefs. Bob. Squash. Caraway seeds. I think giving up three picks to get Tebow in the first round was stupid. I think he'll never be more than a novelty act in the NFL. But hate? He seems like a nice, hard working kid. He gives it everything he's got. Has a lot of admirable qualities. Unfortunately, his presence is suffocating this team. I just wish somebody else would have drafted him.

jhns
10-04-2011, 12:44 PM
Hate? Why would I hate Tebow? I hate Ray Lewis. And Vick. Let's see... Rapistberger. The Chiefs. Bob. Squash. Caraway seeds. I think giving up three picks to get Tebow in the first round was stupid. I think he'll never be more than a novelty act in the NFL. But hate? He seems like a nice, hard working kid. He gives it everything he's got. Has a lot of admirable qualities. Unfortunately, his presence is suffocating this team. I just wish somebody else would have drafted him.

He outperformed the current starter by a lot. It is pretty obvious that anyone who thinks Orton gives us a better chance either hates Tebow or is being an idiot.

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 12:49 PM
He outperformed the current starter by a lot. It is pretty obvious that anyone who thinks Orton gives us a better chance either hates Tebow or is being an idiot.

Since you've come to this board I've seen you frame every argument you've been in the same way: Anybody who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. Childish.

jhns
10-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Since you've come to this board I've seen you frame every argument you've been in the same way: Anybody who doesn't agree with you is an idiot. Childish.

As if that hasn't proven to be true...

A player produces a lot more than his competition. People claim his competition is the better choice. Next they claim that this player will never succeed because they just know...

Sorry, I call a spade a spade...

bendog
10-04-2011, 12:53 PM
when its a club

Dagmar
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM

A player produces a lot more than his competition. People claim his competition is the better choice. Next they claim that this player will never succeed because they just know...

And now your being racist. Jeez.

;)

jhns
10-04-2011, 12:55 PM
when its a club

Whatever you say Mr. "I don't watch games but I know will claim to know what happened..."

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 12:58 PM

Oh! You're from Nebraska! I hadn't noticed that before. That clears it up.

jhns
10-04-2011, 12:59 PM

You got me...

Chris
10-04-2011, 01:01 PM

The reason was that Minnesota team was built exactly like ours and the match ups favored them in a lot of areas. If any team was going to beat us it would have been them, and seeing them lose just about clinched it for us.

Ditto. I was terrified of them attacking our secondary. We got lucky.

OABB
10-04-2011, 01:02 PM

Are they supposed to be smarter about qbs or something? never heard that one.

Rohirrim
10-04-2011, 01:24 PM
Are they supposed to be smarter about qbs or something? never heard that one.

Only QBs who can't pass. ;D

ol#7
10-04-2011, 01:37 PM
Ditto. I was terrified of them attacking our secondary. We got lucky.

Double Ditto. Atwater and Braxton were on there last legs during that run and Gordon was a pretty crappy cover guy. We could have shot it out with them, but it would have been far from a sure thing for the fairy tale ending for Elway had we drawn the Vikes instead.