PDA

View Full Version : OT: Looking for the best steak in Denver A.S.A.P. (elways?)

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Elways? I just received a LOT more money than I thought from the car wreck I was in earlier this year, so it's celebration time.

Looking for the best steak in Denver. I haven't visited TOO many upscale steak places around here (5280 week is usually when I get to try all of the buku dollar joints), so ANY recommendations are appreciated.

It's just my roomate and I (poor kid has had a rough go of life lately, so this is a mutual celebration of epic mini entourage type proportions), and money is no object. We're going out TONIGHT, so, the quicker the better!

Thanks maners!

Tj, if you have to delete this thread, is there any way you can do it after I find a good restaurant? ;D

randomtask
10-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Del Frisco's.

The food is absurdly expensive (I only went because the meal was paid for) but it was by far the best meal I've ever had.

Edit: I think you may need to make a reservation beforehand, but you won't regret it.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Elways? I just received a LOT more money than I thought from the car wreck I was in earlier this year, so it's celebration time.

Looking for the best steak in Denver. I haven't visited TOO many upscale steak places around here (5280 week is usually when I get to try all of the buku dollar joints), so ANY recommendations are appreciated.

It's just my roomate and I (poor kid has had a rough go of life lately, so this is a mutual celebration of epic mini entourage type proportions), and money is no object. We're going out TONIGHT, so, the quicker the better!

Thanks maners!

Tj, if you have to delete this thread, is there any way you can do it after I find a good restaurant? ;D

Mortons and Sullivan's downtown are always spectacular. They both buy choice cuts and they're awesome.

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Had a steak at The Keg last weekend that I highly enjoyed.

But I'd agree with Del Frisco's, Mortons, or Sullivan's.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Del Frisco's.

The food is absurdly expensive (I only went because the meal was paid for) but it was by far the best meal I've ever had.

Edit: I think you may need to make a reservation beforehand, but you won't regret it.

Del Frisco's is also spectacular but you have to go to the Tech Center for it. Morton's and Sullivan's are both in close proximity to an Entourage night.

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Also a good point. I'd go downtown and continue to party after said steak.

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Is Morton's downtown? I'm leaning toward Del Frisco's right now... and ps. His favorite cut is a Ribeye, mine is a Porterhouse...don't know if that helps narrow it down at all haha

randomtask
10-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Del Frisco's is also spectacular but you have to go to the Tech Center for it. Morton's and Sullivan's are both in close proximity to an Entourage night.

I suppose. I haven't tried either Morton's or Sullivan's, so I can't compare Del Frisco's to them.

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Great point on the location...going to do some boozing with dinner, then out to party more. SO, I ask you guys this...I've heard good things about the Chophouse as well downtown. How does that stack up to Morton's/ Sullivan's?

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Is Morton's downtown? I'm leaning toward Del Frisco's right now... and ps. His favorite cut is a Ribeye, mine is a Porterhouse...don't know if that helps narrow it down at all haha

Yes, Morton's is downtown as well. It's on Wynkoop and 17th I believe. I'm not sure about the cuts but it won't matter....their meat quality is just solid in general. They've been around for years. Even if you get a randomly mediocre cut, they have not problem re grilling a fresh one because it does happen occasionally.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:15 PM
The Chop House is very good too but I wouldn't put it up there as "the best steak in denver".

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:17 PM
Sheeeeeet. Well, on sheer steak quality alone (we can always catch a lightrail downtown if need be), is everyone in agreement that Del Fresco's is the best around? Or is it Morton's ?

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Anyone tried Bastiens?

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:22 PM
Sheeeeeet. Well, on sheer steak quality alone (we can always catch a lightrail downtown if need be), is everyone in agreement that Del Fresco's is the best around? Or is it Morton's ?

Del Frisco's, Morton's or Sullivan's you can't go wrong with meat quality. Del Frisco's is a bit more of a gourmet restaurant while the other two a straight up high end steak houses so you can't go wrong with any of the three.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Anyone tried Bastiens?

Bastien's is right up the street from my house and I would rate it as the best steak for your money in town. It's not as high quality but you get a great steak for your money and it's a bit more ghetto than the other three. It's on Colfax and lives up to that genre!

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:23 PM
Del Frisco's, Morton's or Sullivan's you can't go wrong with meat quality. Del Frisco's is a bit more of a gourmet restaurant while the other two a straight up high end steak houses so you can't go wrong with any of the three.

Allrighty. Coin flip in t minus 10 minutes...anyone else have some suggestions to throw into the ring?

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Allrighty. Coin flip in t minus 10 minutes...anyone else have some suggestions to throw into the ring?

Also, I checked the menus and Del Frisco's doesn't have the steak selection that Morton's does. Morton's has both Porterhouses and a Bone-In Ribeye Chicago style. That rib-eye is awesome. I've had it several times.

Deuce
10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Shanahan's gets my vote, I thought it was better than Elways.

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Allright, looks like Morton's is in the lead! Last question, Duece or Hambone (or anyone else), have you been to both of those choices, and if so, which is better?

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:38 PM
Allright, looks like Morton's is in the lead! Last question, Duece or Hambone (or anyone else), have you been to both of those choices, and if so, which is better?

I've been to both but I didn't eat steak so I don't have an opinion. I've heard good things but nothing overwelming about their meat. A close friend of mine is in the beef industry so he's a real beef snob and the three places I'm suggesting as the best in town are his choices as well.

Deuce
10-01-2011, 04:41 PM
I haven't been to Morton's or Del Frisco, but have been to all the other places mentioned and Shanahans was my favorite.

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Ok, mortons it is! My tastebuds thank you in advance gentlemen, and much appreciation to your quick responses!!! I'm stoked!!

hambone13
10-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Ok, mortons it is! My tastebuds thank you in advance gentlemen, and much appreciation to your quick responses!!! I'm stoked!!

Enjoy!

OABB
10-01-2011, 05:08 PM
ruths chris(I know its a chain, but it rocks)....if you get this in time go there. cowboy bone in ribeye and wear a diaper. you will jizz on the first bite.

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
First on my list is Del Frisco's
Second is Shanahans
Third is Sullivans
Fourth is Elways

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:09 PM
ruths chris(I know its a chain, but it rocks)....if you get this in time go there. cowboy bone in ribeye and where a diaper. you will jizz on the first bite.

He said Denver, and Ruth Christ is no longer in Colorado, let alone downtown.

http://www.ruthschris.com/Locations

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
ruths chris(I know its a chain, but it rocks)....if you get this in time go there. cowboy bone in ribeye and where a diaper. you will jizz on the first bite.

I believe the Denver location closed due to some tax issues or something.

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
I believe the Denver location closed due to some tax issues or something.

Yep

Broncos24
10-01-2011, 05:17 PM
Texas De Brazil...a lot of choices

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
Country Buffet

OABB
10-01-2011, 05:19 PM

that blows.

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 05:27 PM
ruths chris(I know its a chain, but it rocks)....if you get this in time go there. cowboy bone in ribeye and wear a diaper. you will jizz on the first bite.

That's a bummer, because I had wanted to try it out :( DEFINITELY happening the next time I get out west brosef, I'll bring the diapers.

Again, thanks everybody, I'm headin out, will report back later

randomtask
10-01-2011, 05:29 PM
Enjoy!

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
that blows.

I know, it was the bomb. You were dead on with your suggestion too.

CEH
10-01-2011, 05:32 PM
Anyone been to Buckhorn Steakhouse. Always wanted to stop in. It's a pretty histroical place. Wonder how the steaks are.

Broncos use to take all their Free Agent prospects to Del Frisco's

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 05:39 PM
I actually would recommend Buckhorn Exchance for the food other than the steak. You can get bison, rattle snake, and if you are so inclined, rocky mountain oysters.

Have only had the bison and Rattle Snake but it was good. However, that place is more for tourists and the experience rather than for the quality.

OABB
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
That's a bummer, because I had wanted to try it out :( DEFINITELY happening the next time I get out west brosef, I'll bring the diapers.

Again, thanks everybody, I'm headin out, will report back later

Im saving up starting now...also, might make the chicago game this year..will let you know. Tgn, wanna meet for drinks and/or bare knuckle boxing?

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Anyone been to Buckhorn Steakhouse. Always wanted to stop in. It's a pretty histroical place. Wonder how the steaks are.

I actually didn't like Buckhorn. I went once, and I should give it another try, but I decided to be adventurous and get some of the items that weren't your traditional steak, and I didn't like any of it.

Part of it is clearly my own fault for eating random animals I've never had before. You might like it.

Jay3
10-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Elway's has the best steak back in the kitchen, but Elway comes out and bad-mouths it, and will not let you have it.

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Elway's has the best steak back in the kitchen, but Elway comes out and bad-mouths it, and will not let you have it.

Awesome.

maven
10-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Have only eaten at Morton's in regards to the list. Ruth's Chris as well. Morton's is much better. Also, do not order a ton as there are plenty to share.

oubronco
10-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Damn now i'm hungry for a steak

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 06:26 PM

LOL LOL LOL

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 06:27 PM

Good stuff. Hilarious!

OBF1
10-01-2011, 06:27 PM
Chica and I were huge fans of the Denver Chophouse next to Coor's field. Great ribeye and excellent "buzz" in there. I remember a group of us did Elways on Orangemane weekend the year it opened and had a good time, but as far as the food goes, it was good, not great. Never felt like we missed out not trying one of the other High End steak houses mentioned by others in the thread.

theAPAOps5
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
Chop house is another good joint and I would consider that high end too. Across the street is the Keg and that is good too.

broncosteven
10-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Del Frisco's.

Del Frisco's was by far the best steak I ever remember having.

broncosteven
10-01-2011, 06:57 PM

I have been there, I had a Buffalo sirloin and didn't like it. It was a nice place to go to but you have to be a fan of game meat.

broncocalijohn
10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I actually would recommend Buckhorn Exchance for the food other than the steak. You can get bison, rattle snake, and if you are so inclined, rocky mountain oysters.

Have only had the bison and Rattle Snake but it was good. However, that place is more for tourists and the experience rather than for the quality.

I think that is choice A for Omane weekend next year! Skip the Brazillian Steakhouse and go for some crazy ****. I would try all that just to say I did it. Ive had Kangaroo and that was tasty. Also like escargo.

HAT
10-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Dude.....Your screen name is BOOBS McGee.

Burger King and Shotgun Willie's FTW.

BroncoLifer
10-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Amazing that nobody has mentioned The Capital Grille. Better than Morton's and much better than Del Frisco, IMO. My gf loves their Stoli Dolis, too.

strafen
10-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Country BuffetThis! ROFL!

hambone13
10-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Amazing that nobody has mentioned The Capital Grille. Better than Morton's and much better than Del Frisco, IMO. My gf loves their Stoli Dolis, too.

I've never been to Capital Grille so I couldn't recommend it. I have heard good things about their food though. Between Del Frisco's, Morton's and Sullivan's (I would imagine CG is buying the same quality and dry aging it properly) it really only matters who's working the grill that night because the meat is all the same top 2% quality cuts that restaurants can buy. Occasionally, there's a "mediocre" cut that's still awesome by normal standards and believe it or not, some grill cooks are just better than others! Orton would definitely be working @ Country Buffet by comparison to great grill cooks.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 09:28 PM

It's pretty good but it's really focused on "exotic meat". I wouldn't go there for a top steak in Denver.

If you've never had it, Ostrich fillet is excellent. They serve it as a special there when it's available. Strangely enough, they look more like steak than fowl but you can't cook them past medium rare because they're too lean (8 x leaner than chicken breast). The meat doesn't taste gamy at all but do to it's lack of fat, it comes off a bit chewy but tasty and VERY healthy.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 09:39 PM
First on my list is Del Frisco's
Second is Shanahans
Third is Sullivans
Fourth is Elways

LOL you're such a homer with Elway's and Shanahan's both on the list. I give you props for Del Frisco's because I've never had anything but a spectacular steak there. The only reason I leaned towards the downtown best steaks (which don't vary much in quality, if at all) was due to the surrounding party requirements afterward. Have you been to Morton's? I always found them to be superior to Ruth's. Don't get me wrong but even when it was here, I thought Morton's and Sullivan's were consistently better. I do a lot of entertaining with an expense account downtown and Ruth's was definitely 3rd on my list, as far as consistency. I did need a diaper a couple of times though. They nailed it occasionally.

t-diddy
10-01-2011, 10:01 PM
Morton's sucks... too bad theres not a Mebow's in Denver, i'm sure it would be better...

Boobs McGee
10-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Ok. Holy ****.

SO, that was by far the best steak I've EVER had. Period. Lemme lay this out for ya (those of you that haven't visited this heavenly establishment).

First off, perfect place to take a lady. Even if you're single, there is NO shortage of Cougar stock roaming around...my roomate and I were mesmerized by the amount of silicon floating about. The ambiance is outstanding. Stained glass windows/doors permeate the deep mahogany finish throughout, and it all glows magically under the subdued lighting. The wait-staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, and during the two plus hour dining extravaganza, were cognizant of every culinary detail one would expect at the finest dining establishments worldwide.

Their wine list was extensive, presentation was outstanding...when you order, they literally bring a cart to your table laden with ALL of the current menu items, including seven different cuts of steak, a live lobster (named fred), and a variety of fresh vegetables.

Here's how our meal went down.

Bread: I don't even know how to describe it. Just a big pillowy cloud of perfection, with a slab of unsalted irish butter on the side. Sweet, lightly browned crust with flaky interior. amazing. AND gigantic.

Salads: He had the chopped, which consisted of avocado, tomatoes, bacon, egg, fresh greens, and a sweet balsamic dressing. I had their beefsteak tomato salad, which consisted of a PLUMP quartered tom, lathered in fresh blue cheese dressing perched atop an iceberg lettuce bed.

Skipped the soup (but it was Lobster Bisque that smelled like God's shoeshine, which I can only imagine as heavenly), went to the main course directly after.

Side: Family style, we decided to go with the garlic mashers. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Lightly seasoned, the potatoes were whipped to perfection, and the pungent flavors you normally find at most thanksgiving bowls weren't present. Just a delicious mixture of starch, cream, butter, garlic...perfectly textured. Outstanding.

Le Beef: Holy ****, I say again. I have literally NEVER tasted a cow that was cooked with such elegance and care. I went with the 24 ounce porterhouse. They actually have a 48 ounce double cut, but it's meant for two and I didn't feel like throwing up AT the table haha. The beef is prime, grain fed, dry aged for 28 days and then wet aged after that. The ONLY seasonings they used were salt and pepper. The fillet side of my cut was so soft, I only needed a fork to separate it from the bone. Perfectly done medium. My tastebuds are still in shock from the explosion of wonder that took place with that first bite. It was the most moist, tender, flavorful, exciting, melt-in-your-mouth-make you never want to stop chewing savory bite of beef I have ever experienced. My hands/mouth didn't rest until that beautiful T was the only thing left on my plate. Words aren't doing justice what my stomach holds inside right now. My buddy got the Chicago style bone in Ribeye, and no bull****, it was better than my porterhouse. I don't even know how it's possible, but those masterful chefs managed to make me jealous. And it wasn't even a "jealous because his tasted better" kind of jealous...it was more of a "jealous my stomach couldn't stretch any farther or I would've ordered another stake" jealous. That ribeye was, simply put, incredulous. It's considered (in most circles) to be the BEST cut of meat out there in the steak world, and it didn't disappoint. It was cooked so well, my toilet is already wet with anticipation at the nights' future offerings. Beef has never tasted so good.

Dessert: An amalgamation of golden raisins, granny smith apples, and an otherworldy crust, all drenched with sickeningly sweet caramel. Baked to perfection, and cradled with a giant dollop of creamy vanilla Haagan Daas.

Drinks: Couple of whisky sours, and a (less than stellar but extremely potent) Orval Trappist Ale. Finished everything off with a nice cappuccino, and a double shot of espresso for my buddy who's forging ahead without me later tonight in search of some poontang. We had visions of Grandeur for the evening, but I'm looking over at the large mound that used to be his stomach, and even the draw of sweet sweet vagine might not be enough to move him from the couch.

If it weren't for the food baby induced coma I'm slipping into, I'd write a ten page novel on the intricacies of that feast I just completed. Hands down, the best steak ever to grace my lips. I would recommend this restaurant to ANY lover of the beef, and if it weren't for the price ($300 out the door with a %30 tip) tag, I'd eat there as often as I could.

Thanks again for the recommendations everyone. If there's a better slab of charred domestic bovine in the known universe, it's going to have to wait until the next insurance check comes through.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Ok. Holy ****.

SO, that was by far the best steak I've EVER had. Period. Lemme lay this out for ya (those of you that haven't visited this heavenly establishment).

First off, perfect place to take a lady. Even if you're single, there is NO shortage of Cougar stock roaming around...my roomate and I were mesmerized by the amount of silicon floating about. The ambiance is outstanding. Stained glass windows/doors permeate the deep mahogany finish throughout, and it all glows magically under the subdued lighting. The wait-staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgeable, and during the two plus hour dining extravaganza, were cognizant of every culinary detail one would expect at the finest dining establishments worldwide.

Their wine list was extensive, presentation was outstanding...when you order, they literally bring a cart to your table laden with ALL of the current menu items, including seven different cuts of steak, a live lobster (named fred), and a variety of fresh vegetables.

Bread: I don't even know how to describe it. Just a big pillowy cloud of perfection, with a slab of unsalted irish butter on the side. Sweet, lightly browned crust with flaky interior. amazing. AND gigantic.

Salads: He had the chopped, which consisted of avocado, tomatoes, bacon, egg, fresh greens, and a sweet balsamic dressing. I had their beefsteak tomato salad, which consisted of a PLUMP quartered tom, lathered in fresh blue cheese dressing perched atop an iceberg lettuce bed.

Skipped the soup (but it was Lobster Bisque that smelled like God's shoeshine, which I can only imagine as heavenly), went to the main course directly after.

Side: Family style, we decided to go with the garlic mashers. DID NOT DISAPPOINT. Lightly seasoned, the potatoes were whipped to perfection, and the pungent flavors you normally find at most thanksgiving bowls weren't present. Just a delicious mixture of starch, cream, butter, garlic...perfectly textured. Outstanding.

Le Beef: Holy ****, I say again. I have literally NEVER tasted a cow that was cooked with such elegance and care. I went with the 24 ounce porterhouse. They actually have a 48 ounce double cut, but it's meant for two and I didn't feel like throwing up AT the table haha. The beef is prime, grain fed, dry aged for 28 days and then wet aged after that. The ONLY seasonings they used were salt and pepper. The fillet side of my cut was so soft, I only needed a fork to separate it from the bone. Perfectly done medium. My tastebuds are still in shock from the explosion of wonder that took place with that first bite. It was the most moist, tender, flavorful, exciting, melt-in-your-mouth-make you never want to stop chewing savory bite of beef I have ever experienced. My hands/mouth didn't rest until that beautiful T was the only thing left on my plate. Words aren't doing justice what my stomach holds inside right now. My buddy got the Chicago style bone in Ribeye, and no bull****, it was better than my porterhouse. I don't even know how it's possible, but those masterful chefs managed to make me jealous. And it wasn't even a "jealous because his tasted better" kind of jealous...it was more of a "jealous my stomach couldn't stretch any farther or I would've ordered another stake" jealous. That ribeye was, simply put, incredulous. It's considered (in most circles) to be the BEST cut of meat out there in the steak world, and it didn't disappoint. It was cooked so well, my toilet is already wet with anticipation at the nights' future offerings. Beef has never tasted so good.

Dessert: An amalgamation of golden raisins, granny smith apples, and an otherworldy crust, all drenched with sickeningly sweet caramel. Baked to perfection, and cradled with a giant dollop of creamy vanilla Haagan Daas.

Drinks: Couple of whisky sours, and a (less than stellar but extremely potent) Orval Trappist Ale. Finished everything off with a nice cappuccino, and a double shot of espresso for my buddy who's forging ahead without me later tonight in search of some poontang. We had visions of Grandeur for the evening, but I'm looking over at the large mound that used to be his stomach, and even the draw of sweet sweet vagine might not be enough to move him from the couch.

If it weren't for the food baby induced coma I'm slipping into, I'd write a ten page novel on the intricacies of that feast I just completed. Hands down, the best steak ever to grace my lips. I would recommend this restaurant to ANY lover of the beef, and if it weren't for the price ($300 out the door with a %30 tip) tag, I'd eat there as often as I could.

Thanks again for the recommendations everyone. If there's a better slab of charred domestic bovine in the known universe, it's going to have to wait until the next insurance check comes through.

What a spectacular write-up! The previous poster (t-diddy) thinks "Morton's Sucks" BTW. They must have been doing asbestosis removal and prostate checks the night he went in. Oh wait, he was joking but maybe if we put his name on a steak joint he could walk in and do it better. I guess we'll just have to try it and see.

As I mentioned, that Chicago-Style Ribeye is something to be adored. Nothing against the Porterhouse but I'm a huge Ribeye guy. Never had their Porterhouse but that small side off the bone on a porterhouse is epic. I've had their tenderloins on nights where I wasn't looking forward to the food coma that is the meal you chose to experience and it won't disappoint either. I'm so happy you enjoyed it. I never have a problem recommending Morton's or any of the others in the top 3-4. They all have the things they do well but frankly, Morton's and Del Frisco's have never let me down as far as steak. Next check, check Del Frisco's. You're comparison would be interesting. I find them hard to differentiate in steak quality and consistency as they both do it right.

maven
10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Ok. Holy ****.

Glad you enjoyed it.

:sunshine:

Broncoman13
10-01-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice write up boobs!

hambone13
10-01-2011, 11:25 PM

LOLLOL:wave:

Hysterical. Outstanding. Great Steak.

t-diddy
10-01-2011, 11:30 PM
[QUOTE=hambone13;3313559]The previous poster (t-diddy) thinks "Morton's Sucks" BTW. They must have been doing asbestosis removal and prostate checks the night he went in.

It was a joke dude (evidently a poor one)... play on words using the QB's names, Mortons/Mebows? ???

Lol at asbestosis... that stuff in dangerousis

McDman
10-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I just had a giant deer sirloin that I cooked with some paprika, pepper, sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder.

AWESOME!

hambone13
10-01-2011, 11:47 PM
[QUOTE=hambone13;3313559]The previous poster (t-diddy) thinks "Morton's Sucks" BTW. They must have been doing asbestosis removal and prostate checks the night he went in.

It was a joke dude (evidently a poor one)... play on words using the QB's names, Mortons/Mebows? ???

Lol at asbestosis... that stuff in dangerousis

lol, I realized it after and made an edit. It was clever enough (and witty enough) to slip past me...wouldn't be the first time! Hopefully, my recovery is solid enough to redeem me personally because I'm pretty sure most others would have gotten it. I was too focused on my pride of recommendation. :strong: Honestly, I was hoping I could slip in the edit before anyone quoted it and then I was going to give you props....so here the are.... ^5

t-diddy
10-01-2011, 11:53 PM
[QUOTE=t-diddy;3313569]

lol, I realized it after and made an edit. It was clever enough (and witty enough) to slip past me...wouldn't be the first time! Hopefully, my recovery is solid enough to redeem me personally because I'm pretty sure most others would have gotten it. I was too focused on my pride of recommendation. :strong:

^5 Redemption indeed. Well played sir.

hambone13
10-01-2011, 11:57 PM
[QUOTE=hambone13;3313575]

^5 Redemption indeed. Well played sir.

Revised Version:

:yayaya:What a spectacular write-up! The previous poster (t-diddy) thinks "Morton's Sucks" BTW. They must have been doing asbestosis removal and prostate checks the night he went in. Oh wait, he was joking but maybe if we put his name on a steak joint he could walk in and do it better. I guess we'll just have to try it and see.:yayaya:

KipCorrington25
10-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Wow, two locations in Utah but none here, that's a slap in the face. The McCheat era never ends.

Miss I.
10-02-2011, 12:35 AM
Ok. Holy ****.

Excellent write up sir except I don't understand why you are so fascinated by silicon? I would understand silicone since your name is Boobs, but silicon? do you like robots with big boobs too then? ;D

Also, personally I find cougars a little scary roaming around while I am eating because they might steal my food, but I guess it's the whole thrill of the chase. Boys, you are very into that I hear.

At any rate the write up was excellent and when I am in Denver in November I will try to hit that so to speak, the restaurant and the food that is, not the big boobed robots. ;D

hambone13
10-02-2011, 12:53 AM
Excellent write up sir except I don't understand why you are so fascinated by silicon? I would understand silicone since your name is Boobs, but silicon? do you like robots with big boobs too then? ;D

Also, personally I find cougars a little scary roaming around while I am eating because they might steal my food, but I guess it's the whole thrill of the chase. Boys, you are very into that I hear.

At any rate the write up was excellent and when I am in Denver in November I will try to hit that so to speak, the restaurant and the food that is, not the big boobed robots. ;D

It think his silicone reference is most clearly simplified by....."Two dudes who already don't have much to talk about because they live together, having an awesome meal and tons of inspired conversation by the crowd and energy." Dudes don't pursue cougars, they pursue us and we settle occasionally through sheer hornyness and great stories the next morning. Everyone wins. It can be beautiful. The downside is when their teenager comes down from their room and recognizes you from last weekends BBQ at the neighbors. Still a good story, ****ty experience, still a GREAT steak.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 07:15 AM
OMG, Boobs, that post of above was equally orgasmic and nauseating. I hope to god that post doesn't pop into my mind the next time I partake of a steak.

Victor
10-02-2011, 07:23 AM
There is no "best". You can go to most any one of the above mentioned and have a great steak. I think that Mortons is a bit overrated, but you'll get a great steak. They are a bit full of themselves. Chophouse has more of a party atmosphere, a younger vibe, but still very nice. Del Friscos is upscale and the food is awesome. Haven't been to Elways.

Good luck.

Victor
10-02-2011, 07:23 AM
There is no "best". You can go to most any one of the above mentioned and have a great steak. I think that Mortons is a bit overrated, but you'll get a great steak. They are a bit full of themselves. Chophouse has more of a party atmosphere, a younger vibe, but still very nice. Del Friscos is upscale and the food is awesome. Haven't been to Elways.

Good luck.

Oops...should have read the whole thread instead of the first page. Nevermind.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Bastien's is right up the street from my house and I would rate it as the best steak for your money in town. It's not as high quality but you get a great steak for your money and it's a bit more ghetto than the other three. It's on Colfax and lives up to that genre!

I was a busboy at Bastien's when I was in Jr High school. Quality place, haven't been there in many years, though.

OABB
10-02-2011, 08:58 AM
Kind of a meat snob.... Ive been lucky with my life to eat in the greatest steakhouses in the world. Ive been to the hitching post, cut, lawrys, wolfgangs, flemmings, mortons etc. Etc. Etc.

Ruths chris really is the best imho. I know it sounds like a lame answer because its a chain, but I really havent had better.

Just felt like I had to defend the honor of my favorite steak house

Rohirrim
10-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Kind of a meat snob.... Ive been lucky with my life to eat in the greatest steakhouses in the world. Ive been to the hitching post, cut, lawrys, wolfgangs, flemmings, mortons etc. Etc. Etc.

Ruths chris really is the best imho. I know it sounds like a lame answer because its a chain, but I really havent had better.

They went out of business and were seized for non-payment of taxes.

broncosteven
10-02-2011, 09:10 AM

I have been to the CG many times here in Chicago for lunch meetings and never had a steak that approached the steak I had at Del Frisco's.

CG is for the super rich to come out and be seen. If I want a good steak I will go anywhere but CG.

Cito Pelon
10-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Trail Dust was one of my favorites. Quality BBQ'd steaks, chicken or fish fillets BBQ'd, good atmosphere. Just a rollicking steakhouse, dance floor, slides for the kids. Bench picnic kind of seats if you don't mind rubbing elbows with strangers, but also had booths and tables. Was next door to the Country Dinner Playhouse also, and I'll add one of the most awesome views on the Front Range if you cared to walk across Clinton St. to the old homestead. You could see from Pike's Peak, to Long's Peak, to Buckley Field. Whoever it was that set that old homestead there on Clinton St. had a great eye for a location.

ak1971
10-02-2011, 10:51 AM
I actually like Shannahan's over Del Frisco. Del Frisco just seems old to me anymore (just not into the rich mahogony any more) They are both equally as good, but if I am going to drop that kind of coin on a dinner I want the over all experience. Shanny's has a nice patio area where you can have a cigar and some after dinner cocktails as well. ...If I wasnt happily married, I think the talent level at Shanny's is a notch up as well.

Meck77
10-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Surely you've been here Andy. http://www.yelp.com/biz/emil-lenes-sirloin-house-aurora

Damn good steaks in Aurora. It's been there forever. You can even hitch your horse up to a hitchin post outside and grab a steak and beer! I plan on doing that this fall.

hambone13
10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
I was a busboy at Bastien's when I was in Jr High school. Quality place, haven't been there in many years, though.

It's still a nice place to have a meal if you like Brady Bunch 70's architecture! I think it still has the original carpet from then as well. It could use an overhaul on the decor to just clean it up a bit. It doesn't stop me from heading in there for a very good quality steak where you're not paying for the ambiance, just the meat.

theAPAOps5
10-02-2011, 11:12 AM
LOL you're such a homer with Elway's and Shanahan's both on the list. I give you props for Del Frisco's because I've never had anything but a spectacular steak there. The only reason I leaned towards the downtown best steaks (which don't vary much in quality, if at all) was due to the surrounding party requirements afterward. Have you been to Morton's? I always found them to be superior to Ruth's. Don't get me wrong but even when it was here, I thought Morton's and Sullivan's were consistently better. I do a lot of entertaining with an expense account downtown and Ruth's was definitely 3rd on my list, as far as consistency. I did need a diaper a couple of times though. They nailed it occasionally.

Actually I typed that up pretty quick.

I would put Capital Grill and the Keg up there ahead of Elways. Shanahans is still number two for me. I had a KC Ribeye there that was amazing.

ak1971
10-02-2011, 06:08 PM
Surely you've been here Andy. http://www.yelp.com/biz/emil-lenes-sirloin-house-aurora

Damn good steaks in Aurora. It's been there forever. You can even hitch your horse up to a hitchin post outside and grab a steak and beer! I plan on doing that this fall.

love this review...'GIANT Pepper mill? Tree growing through the dinning room? Spaghetti before your steak? WHat more could you want'

hambone13
10-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Actually I typed that up pretty quick.

I would put Capital Grill and the Keg up there ahead of Elways. Shanahans is still number two for me. I had a KC Ribeye there that was amazing.

Nice back peddle ;-) I was wondering.

Meck77
10-02-2011, 09:19 PM
Ok ok....Best steak in Colorado. Fresh elk tenderloin dropped earlier that day at camp. Beat that. You elk hunters know what I'm talking about.

theAPAOps5
10-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Nice back peddle ;-) I was wondering.

Not so much back peddal and more all those are good second choices after Del Frisco.