PDA

View Full Version : POLL: are you more "indifferent" to 2011 denver bronco football?

tsiguy96
09-30-2011, 02:05 PM
simple yes or no, are you more indifferent to the general state of affairs of the 2011 denver broncos compared to previous years?

that deep inner "care" about the team, the anticipation of sunday mornings and the game will be on soon etc. have you lost some of that with how things are and predictably will be going for the season?

bowtown
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Yes.

schaaf
09-30-2011, 02:07 PM
Not completely, I still will watch every game, but more so than any year in my memory so my answer would be...

Yes

Quoydogs
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
In before this goes epic !

enjolras
09-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Did the poll question just change?

I'm definitely a bit more apathetic that I was in years past, not because I care for the team ANY less... but because I know what this year is. This isn't about winning a championship, it's about putting the pieces in place to contend in 2 or 3 years.

TailgateNut
09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
No because it has been slowly dwindling for a number of years. Started with Incestco.

Archer81
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I watch every game. I however, no longer get super nervous before kickoff, nor am I upset when bad things happen. Its a little baby apathy...but the longer the Broncos are what they are currently, the bigger that ****ing apathy will get.

So I voted no. I am not as interested in the 2011 Broncos as I have been in past incarnations.

Of course if I had an exciting reason (beyond the awesomeness that is Eric Decker's rear parts) my answer would be different.

:Broncos:

tsiguy96
09-30-2011, 02:11 PM
nothing epic about it, its just a general consensus of how extreme denver bronco fans generally feel about the team. personally, i no longer prioritize my sundays around bronco games, if im home i will absolutely watch it and be on OM chat etc, but i wont drop whatever else im doing to make sure i catch the first half. if they lose i dont really have a "down" and if they win im glad they stole one where they could.

tsiguy96
09-30-2011, 02:13 PM
if i need to change the thread title to make it more clear let me know.

TheReverend
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
I went with no. I'm not any more indifferent to Bronco football. I AM more indifferent to the outcome of the games though. Then again, I think that but the losses still infuriate me. I think it's changed the way I take the losses? Before it'd be like a punch in the stomach and I'd be sick, but now I just get angry because of what lead to the current state of the team.

Probably doesn't make any sense, but that's the truth for me, at least.

NFLBRONCO
09-30-2011, 02:18 PM
I voted no but, its been several years of indifferent for me. Esp on offense like the players but, none are exciting or gamechangers in our favor really boring.

bronclvr
09-30-2011, 02:19 PM
This will be the first Year in quite some time that I won't be attending a Game-I used to look so forward to each Year, and my Family knows how rabid I can be about it. Not so, this Year-it reminds me of the '80's-

I hope this Team gets it together in the next few Years-I miss it already, but I was there last Year at the Raider's Game, and that truly po'd me-until we field a true, reasonably consistent Team, I just can't bring myself to get excited (or spend my money)-

broncocalijohn
09-30-2011, 02:21 PM

I'm definitely a bit more apathetic that I was in years past, not because I care for the team ANY less... but because I know what this year is. This isn't about winning a championship, it's about putting the pieces in place to contend in 2 or 3 years.

Lets see here...

POLL: are you more "indifferent" to 2011 denver bronco football? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simple yes or no, are you apathetic to the 2011 broncos, especially in comparison to atleast the last 5 years of bronco football?
Then you read the poll question and it is different then these two questions.

POLL:" do you have as MUCH interest in the broncos as you did in 2010 or prior?"

Oh Boy! Only Tsiguy can give us that.

I think the poll will be flawed. I put yes as i still will go to a bar and watch my team and come here just like I have for many years.

Pony Boy
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM
simple yes or no, are you apathetic to the 2011 broncos, especially in comparison to atleast the last 5 years of bronco football? that deep inner "care" about the team, the anticipation of sunday mornings and the game will be on soon etc. have you lost some of that with how things are and predictably will be going for the season?

What part of simple yes or no do you turds not understand?

schaaf
09-30-2011, 02:22 PM

haha yeah wtf TSIguy why did you change the poll question

TheDave
09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
These "New" fans are kinda funny...

broncocalijohn
09-30-2011, 02:25 PM
What part of simple yes or no do you turds not understand?

It isnt simple when there are 3 questions to his poll!

gunns
09-30-2011, 02:26 PM
I watch every game. I however, no longer get super nervous before kickoff, nor am I upset when bad things happen. Its a little baby apathy...but the longer the Broncos are what they are currently, the bigger that ****ing apathy will get.

So I voted no. I am not as interested in the 2011 Broncos as I have been in past incarnations.

Of course if I had an exciting reason (beyond the awesomeness that is Eric Decker's rear parts) my answer would be different.

Oh yes...that last paragraph.

I kind of like not having the nervousness before a game. Only because I too know what the season is and it lessens the anger afterward. It is what it is. But I do enjoy watching for some progress and I'm seeing some in that area. Maybe having gone through this bad before I know there is no where but up...and these are the Broncos. They will be good again.

Pony Boy
09-30-2011, 02:28 PM
It isnt simple when there are 3 questions to his poll!

I prefer true or false

Archer81
09-30-2011, 02:31 PM
I think I would care more if I believed that certain vets on offense give the team the best chance to win.

I dont believe it, so I have a hard time churning up optimism for what we have seen the last 24 games. I am more surprised when they do well at this point, to be honest. Especially on offense.

goldengopher1976
09-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I'll watch every game and read the articles and parse the details. But my optimism is at an all-time low (been a fan since '86, so I know I've been spoiled, finding the team at the front end of Elway's run).

still remember that Giants SB and the stupid Phil McConkey catch off Bavaro...GAH!

rugbythug
09-30-2011, 02:33 PM
So I voted, No I don't have as much interest. However upon rereading- The poll actually says am I more indifferent so that would be yes. However since you worded the title and the poll so that yes and no can mean either, I am guessing you win.

jhns
09-30-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm still just as passionate about it. The people that were all excited through McDaniels, and now talk like this, don't make a bit of sense.

vonqkilla
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
I was happy we lost to sd last year because we needed a top pick, w low rook cap and that sucks to say. Now I watch and am indifferent to wins and losses because we are years and a new interior line on both sides and qb from being legit.

It doesnt help that Dan Reeves is back coaching $ teve Deberg either.

KO5K
09-30-2011, 02:40 PM
My interest in the team is probably as high as it has ever been.

But at the same time my enthusiasm for the team is it all time low, I just don't get excited about the games like I used to.

maven
09-30-2011, 02:43 PM

You should start an Eric Decker ass and body facebook fan page.

Steve Prefontaine
09-30-2011, 02:46 PM
****ty thread title + poll combination.

I am more apathetic than previous years. Knowing your team is not competitive for a playoff spot is a ****ty feeling. I hope that changes soon.

I think a lot of fans thought the "Broncos" were special and they just needed to get rid of Shanahan to right the ship. I think Shanahan was keeping the ship afloat.

Archer81
09-30-2011, 02:46 PM
You should start an Eric Decker ass and body facebook fan page.

Lightbulb...

ScottXray
09-30-2011, 02:50 PM
I guess I am just stupid. I still get excited before every game and hope for a Bronco win. I am interested in all things Bronco.

I don't expect it as much as before, and I guess that I don't get as upset either, but I still am up for the start of every game.

But When Orton came on last week for that last possession I had NO confidence he would be able to drive for any points. When he got the ball to inside their 50 I started to hope...then he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory (again) by getting picked on that last third down and I knew it was still this years Broncos I was seeing.

Popps
09-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Absolutely, probably more so. We've got a defensive-minded head coach, a talented DC and we've been competitive through 3 games. Our two losses were less than 7 pts against quality teams. We had one of the best drafts (potentially) we've had in years. Our top pick is already being called one of the best LB's in the league... 3 games into his first season.

Plus, it's Broncos football.

Can't wait for Sunday.

schaaf
09-30-2011, 02:56 PM
My interest in the team is probably as high as it has ever been.

But at the same time my enthusiasm for the team is it all time low, I just don't get excited about the games like I used to.

This. Honestly, I spend 4x as much time reading about the broncos and watching games and film as I did two years ago, however my enthusiasm is lower because I expect to lose.

KO5K
09-30-2011, 02:58 PM
Our top pick is already being called one of the best LB's in the league... 3 games into his first season.

What, by you?

goldengopher1976
09-30-2011, 03:02 PM
What, by you?

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/09/29/race-for-rookie-of-the-year-d-line-dominating/

1. [Previous Ranking: 1] Von Miller, OLB, Denver Broncos, +12.6 (183 snaps)

I received some ridicule for having Miller at the top of this race, and itís understandable when you compare the base stats he has to the man below him, but Miller is better than what the stat sheet says. Already one of the best linebackers in the league, he now tops our 4-3 OLB rankings, and is doing it on the back of his work in the run game, not rushing the passer.

Bronco Boy
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I think having a really high draft pick has made me more interested in this season, just to see how good/bad he looks. Luckily he has looked good, which keeps my interest.

Chris
09-30-2011, 03:09 PM
I voted no but I meant yes. Story of my life.

BMF Bronco
09-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Frustrated, yes, apathetic, no.

peacepipe
09-30-2011, 03:23 PM
Surprised this hasn't turned into a you know who thread.

Chris
09-30-2011, 03:33 PM
Surprised this hasn't turned into a you know who thread.

jhns jhns jhns

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-f7v0onlVSSk/TfyoXSkAZoI/AAAAAAAABvI/OSM6jc7RmDg/s1600/candymantrauma.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
09-30-2011, 03:37 PM
Iim a bit more indifferent i suppose. I still watch every game, i still get upset when we lose, but i sure get over it quick. Maybe im just becoming an adult though...only took 32 years

tsiguy96
09-30-2011, 03:39 PM
indifferent and apathetic are essentially the same thing, and each time i wrote it, and i agree its not perfect, was attempting to ask teh same thing. are you indifferent to wins and losses and teh general state of affairs of the broncos compared to previous years is what i was attempting to ask, though did poorly at conveying that. the extra "poll title" messed me up somehow haha.

Pseudofool
09-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Lets see here...

POLL: are you more "indifferent" to 2011 denver bronco football? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

simple yes or no, are you apathetic to the 2011 broncos, especially in comparison to atleast the last 5 years of bronco football?
Then you read the poll question and it is different then these two questions.

POLL:" do you have as MUCH interest in the broncos as you did in 2010 or prior?"

Oh Boy! Only Tsiguy can give us that.

I think the poll will be flawed. I put yes as i still will go to a bar and watch my team and come here just like I have for many years.Yeah. He asked it one way in the subject heading, another in the poll question, and yet another in the post. I'd honestly redo it with at least a glib effort for precision and consistency.

broncocalijohn
09-30-2011, 03:44 PM
Yeah. He asked it one way in the subject heading, another in the poll question, and yet another in the post. I'd honestly redo it with at least a glib effort for precision and consistency.

Right when we got Tsiguy to put links to his threads, he backtracks with this dousy of a thread. It is just perfect that the results are about 50/50 because no one knows exactly wtf they are supposed to vote on. At least the posts are staying on the 3 questioned subjects and no MacGruder.

WolfpackGuy
09-30-2011, 03:56 PM
Last week was the first time that I can remember choosing to do something else rather than watch the Broncos, but I did tune in just in time to catch the weekly late game Bore-ton choke though...

It's going to take awhile for the McClueless stench to wear off for me to really give a chit again. I'll follow the team, but I'm pretty much looking forward to the draft at this point.

maher_tyler
09-30-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes but not nearly as much knowing who our QB is. Until that changes, i'll expect more losses than wins!

BroncsCheer
09-30-2011, 05:17 PM
I'm still interested. I think there are some good players on the team worth watching so I look for 26 and 58 on D. I wath the oline and Receivers on O. I still reserve the right to disappointment, however.

Broncoman13
09-30-2011, 05:35 PM
The only game I've watched live this year is the Raiders game. I still go back and watch on DVR and fast forward through all the bullshiat... I think Trent Dilfer's BS kind of made me realize there was going to be a bunch of Orton love and stat manipulation to make him look better. Case in point is his "top 3" redzone rating. Of course they don't mention that he needed 100 attempts more than anyone else and throws the ball away or settles for a FG 70% of the time... but by all means, keep showing that he has 53:3 TD:INT Ration in the redzone. The fans that are diehards know that is a BS stat!

I'm pretty much done with the Broncos as far as planning my day around them on Sundays, paying money for tix, merchandise, etc. Play Tebow and give me something to be excited about and maybe I change my mind.

The Tebow highlight video (Texans comeback game) that was posted on the Mane earlier today was the only exciting thing I've seen from the Broncos in Two years.

Pretty sad, pretty disappointed in the executive staff, and pretty disappointed with most of our veteran players.

Really, the only player I am currently pleased with is Von Miller. Play Tebow so I can have two players to be excited about!!!

Blart
09-30-2011, 05:39 PM
question is confusing. I answered the thread title question as "yes" meaning I am more indifferent than usual.

My indifference to the Broncos has been growing since Shanahan left. My favorite seasons are still '89, '97, and '05. We're just not a fun team to watch and I think Fox is a boring run & defense coach.

Greatspirits
09-30-2011, 05:45 PM
Always a yes! Even thoough it doesn't bother me as much if they lose this year.

Dr. Broncenstein
09-30-2011, 05:47 PM
I watch every minute of every game, but my day is not made or broken by the outcome. Plus I'm completely used to the idea of losing. It used to feel like a burlap sweater. Now it's more like a funky shirt during two-a-days.

bronco militia
09-30-2011, 05:50 PM
I still watch every game, but now laugh every time orton blows a game....you can practically set your watch to it

strafen
09-30-2011, 06:32 PM
For english, press 1

spdirty
09-30-2011, 06:44 PM
I'm just still pissed off about mcdaniels, will probably never forgive him for what he did to this team.

That said, I'm being patient. Kinda being a reverse fan right now because I want a franchise quarterback, and every loss the next 13 games helps that cause. And until I get an answer on Tebow I'm going to assume he's not the answer, so I'll just hope we get Luck instead.

Just ****ing pisses me off though, we should not be in this position right now, instead we should be competing for Super Bowls RIGHT NOW.

tsiguy96
09-30-2011, 07:53 PM
for those who are unaware, yea its not worded great as ive stated, but its asking the same damn thing.

indifferent: Noun: Lack of interest, concern, or sympathy:
apathetic: Adjective: Showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.

along the lines of "care less" i would say, yea?

Broncoman13
09-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I understood the question just fine... not sure what everyone's problem is?

broncosteven
09-30-2011, 08:33 PM
These "New" fans are kinda funny...

I think my gallstone was older than TSI

Doggcow
09-30-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes, because I want to see Tebow.

Pony Boy
09-30-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm just still pissed off about mcdaniels, will probably never forgive him for what he did to this team.

That said, I'm being patient. Kinda being a reverse fan right now because I want a franchise quarterback, and every loss the next 13 games helps that cause. And until I get an answer on Tebow I'm going to assume he's not the answer, so I'll just hope we get Luck instead.

Just ****ing pisses me off though, we should not be in this position right now, instead we should be competing for Super Bowls RIGHT NOW.

We are all still pissed off

DarkHorse30
09-30-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm not indifferent, I'm encouraged by our defense's progress (even missing key players) and will watch the whole game.

I'm disappointed by the lethargy that our offense shows. Our offense reminds me of being forced by your mom to hold a sparkler while she lets your older brothers blow up their model airplanes and model cars with M80's.

SoCalBronco
09-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I don't feel that the team absorbes my everyday life like it used to. Not too long ago, the result on Sunday would control how the rest of the week went, no matter what happened and there would be a drug like high or low that would last until at least Wednesday. I think its probably because losing got beaten into us week after week so much so that it became an expectation and we simply couldn't live and die every game anymore because it would physically start to affect people just because of the constant pounding of bad news or bad developments, starting from that offseason in 09.

There is something missing, I'm trying to get it back, but its hard to actually do that. There's a certain ferocity about being a hardcore fan where you can't just jumpstart it or turn it on like a switch when its slipped away. You still try and follow things as closely as you can ofcourse, but there's an extra feeling inside that you know is either there or it isn't.

KipCorrington25
09-30-2011, 11:09 PM
I just have no optimism when I see Stephen Hawking out there at QB... makes it a lot less fun and interesting.

Agamemnon
09-30-2011, 11:45 PM

Hilarious!

UberBroncoMan
10-01-2011, 12:04 AM
if i need to change the thread title to make it more clear let me know.

Yeah. I voted wrong because of it.

Anyhow. I had high hopes at the start, but the general political bull**** crap going on has just made me "meh." Losses used to ruin my entire day, and maybe the following one too. I shrug it off now. I'll still watch every game though. Even if we go 1-15 the rest of the way.

tsiguy96
10-01-2011, 04:49 AM
Yeah. I voted wrong because of it.

Anyhow. I had high hopes at the start, but the general political bull**** crap going on has just made me "meh." Losses used to ruin my entire day, and maybe the following one too. I shrug it off now. I'll still watch every game though. Even if we go 1-15 the rest of the way.

so you voted no but meant to vote yes?

ColoradoDarin
10-01-2011, 04:55 AM
The only game I've watched live this year is the Raiders game. I still go back and watch on DVR and fast forward through all the bullshiat... I think Trent Dilfer's BS kind of made me realize there was going to be a bunch of Orton love and stat manipulation to make him look better. Case in point is his "top 3" redzone rating. Of course they don't mention that he needed 100 attempts more than anyone else and throws the ball away or settles for a FG 70% of the time... but by all means, keep showing that he has 53:3 TD:INT Ration in the redzone. The fans that are diehards know that is a BS stat!

I'm pretty much done with the Broncos as far as planning my day around them on Sundays, paying money for tix, merchandise, etc. Play Tebow and give me something to be excited about and maybe I change my mind.

The Tebow highlight video (Texans comeback game) that was posted on the Mane earlier today was the only exciting thing I've seen from the Broncos in Two years.

Pretty sad, pretty disappointed in the executive staff, and pretty disappointed with most of our veteran players.

Really, the only player I am currently pleased with is Von Miller. Play Tebow so I can have two players to be excited about!!!

If the TD to Int ratio in the Red Zone was a good measure of a QB, then ALex Smith and his 30:1 would be the best QB in the league.

bowtown
10-01-2011, 04:57 AM
I don't feel that the team absorbes my everyday life like it used to. Not too long ago, the result on Sunday would control how the rest of the week went, no matter what happened and there would be a drug like high or low that would last until at least Wednesday. I think its probably because losing got beaten into us week after week so much so that it became an expectation and we simply couldn't live and die every game anymore because it would physically start to affect people just because of the constant pounding of bad news or bad developments, starting from that offseason in 09.

There is something missing, I'm trying to get it back, but its hard to actually do that. There's a certain ferocity about being a hardcore fan where you can't just jumpstart it or turn it on like a switch when its slipped away. You still try and follow things as closely as you can ofcourse, but there's an extra feeling inside that you know is either there or it isn't.

Maybe it's not the team. Maybe you are just getting older and growing up and realizing that there are actual real live important things in life. And that allowing a dumb ass football game to dictate how you feel until Wednesday is **** for children or people who still live in their mom's basement/Bobs.

ColoradoDarin
10-01-2011, 04:59 AM
I don't know if I answered the poll right. I went with "no" since the actual poll asked it that way.

Just a thought, instead of a "simple yes or no" how about next time you try something like "Yes, I care just as much and No, I don't care"

bowtown
10-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Or how about you just don't ask conflicting questions with the thread title and poll question?

OABB
10-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Maybe it's not the team. Maybe you are just getting older and growing up and realizing that there are actual real live important things in life. And that allowing a dumb ass football game to dictate how you feel until Wednesday is **** for children or people who still live in their mom's basement/Bobs.

I though this too... maybe thats why I didnt care as much.. but than I realized orton and the nintendo mcd offense murdered my love.

and now not playing tebow is making me a hatefull and spitefull person in my everyday life.

so....yeah....its still there.

Dr. Broncenstein
10-01-2011, 05:05 AM
Mcdaniels is tearing these people's lives apart.

bowtown
10-01-2011, 05:11 AM
Mcdaniels is tearing these people's lives apart.

ROFL!

Gort
10-01-2011, 05:16 AM

here's my story. i'm a lifelong Orioles fan. or at least i was. they were an elite franchise for many, many years. they won their first WS in 1966. the won their last in 1983. during that run, there were no teams better in baseball. between 1983 and 1997, they were also pretty good. they had the occassional down year, but also a couple more playoff appearances. during that time, a trial lawyer bought the team in a bankruptcy sale. at first, things looked good. he overpaid for free agents and in 1996 and 1997, they lost in the in the AL championship series. sometime during those 2 years, the lawyer who owned the team decided that he knew more about baseball that the professional baseball people. he started firing them and bringing in "yes" men who would tell him what he wanted to hear. in 1998 they had a losing season. every year since, they've had a losing season. there has been a revolving door at manager and GM in that organization ever since. instead of actually rebuilding and being competitive again in 2-3 years, they tried to short circuit the process by bringing in old, past their prime free agents. coupled with poor international scouting, bad drafting, and bad coaching at all levels, they've become one of the worst teams in baseball with 14 consecutive losing seasons. this is somewhat incomprehensible to Orioles fans. how can you have 14 consecutive losing seasons? somehow, they've found a way and the future still looks cloudy. during those 14 years, my interest in the Orioles has faded to almost nil. i don't really even follow MLB baseball much these days. i'm apathetic.

now, looking at the Broncos and recognizing that Bowlen is not the megalomaniac that Peter Angelos is, i see the same things happening with the Broncos. the 3-year playoff run from 2003-2005 reminds me of the final last hurrah of the Orioles in 1996-1997 before they became awful. Shanny was trying to compete for a SB every year without ever rebuilding, by bringing in questionable free agents. we were poor in the draft and we have often been noncompetitive on the field since 2006. Shanny was fired and now we are on our third HC in 4 years. it's starting to "feel" alot like what i've lived through as an Orioles fan. we've now endured 5 mediocre/awful seasons since the last Broncos playoff appearance and the future still looks uncertain. we have at least another couple of years until we will be competitive again. but, that's how O's fans always felt while the team was slowly putting together 14 consecutive losing seasons. surely, the Orioles would never be that bad for that long... but somehow they found a way. the Broncos seem to be finding that same unfathomable ability to run in place and not really improve.

in short, it feels like i've seen this story before, so yes, i do care less about this season and yes, i am worried that this season will repeat itself next year, and the year after that, and the year after that...

i know that the NFL and MLB are quite different, and the AFC West doesn't have the same problems as trying to compete in the AL East, but i'm still left with the feeling in my gut that this is going to get worse in Denver before it gets better. i can envision Fox have a couple of rough seasons here and then being let go. maybe even Elway resigning after a couple of bad years as well. if that happens, we'd be re-booting the rebuild and would be exactly where we are right now.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2011, 06:43 AM
No, but mostly because I just have other priorities. Work and so forth. Still watch every game, don't let anything keep me from watching the game, going to games, etc.

But ultimately, no, not as "into it" as I was.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2011, 06:44 AM
I though this too... maybe thats why I didnt care as much.. but than I realized orton and the nintendo mcd offense murdered my love.

and now not playing tebow is making me a hatefull and spitefull person in my everyday life.

so....yeah....its still there.

What a surprise that you're not happy or well-adjusted in real life. The shock is off the charts.

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:50 AM
What a surprise that you're not happy or well-adjusted in real life. The shock is off the charts.

my life is great. Its literal only Issue is Kyle Orton killing my team. seriously.

I dont have the luxury of pretending to be busy at work while my hero destroys my franchise. It makes me sad. but than again, Im a fan of this team.

Ratboy
10-01-2011, 07:02 AM
I don't think I lost interest. I actually watch more games than previous (thanks to gamepass), but it's different watching now.

I used to get pissed off when we lost. Now? I expect to lose and it rarely effects me.

Ratboy
10-01-2011, 07:04 AM
Benching Orton will make me MUCH more interested.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2011, 07:05 AM
my life is great. Its literal only Issue is Kyle Orton killing my team. seriously.

I dont have the luxury of pretending to be busy at work while my hero destroys my franchise. It makes me sad. but than again, Im a fan of this team.

John Elway is destroying the franchise? Huh.

TailgateNut
10-01-2011, 07:10 AM

I am actually at a point where I feel they should put the Mama's boy in and allow him to sink or swim. Maybe then, and only then will these nuthuggers STFU. I'm done with the fickle fans on this board and in the stadium.

I've said all along that if TimBoy earns the spot, I'll support him just like any Bronco, but at this point he's just a benchwarmer who hasn't proven a thing to me. Regardless of outcome, Im done with all the internet geniuses on this board. They can all kiss my ass.

TailgateNut
10-01-2011, 07:10 AM

Why do you waste your time with Mr. Crowbar in the ass.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
10-01-2011, 07:12 AM
I am actually at a point where I feel they should put the Mama's boy in and allow him to sink or swim. Maybe then, and only then will these nuthuggers STFU. I'm done with the fickle fans on this board and in the stadium.

I've said all along that if TimBoy earns the spot, I'll support him just like any Bronco, but at this point he's just a benchwarmer who hasn't proven a thing to me. Regardless of outcome, Im done with all the internet geniuses on this board. They can all kiss my ass.

Yep.

Broncoman13
10-01-2011, 07:51 AM

No doubt I'd prefer Tebow to any other QB on the current roster. But my bigger issue is I just hate the way Orton plays football. I knew going into this season that it would take some time to turn this thing around. But I didn't expect the team to be stubborn or pigheaded about playing Tebow. Surely you can agree Leo that at some point it is time for the coaching staff to say to Orton, we have options that could prove to be better in the redzone than what we're currently seeing from you.

Ask yourself this question. When it's third and goal from the 1, do you think for one second that Kyle Orton is going to fake the hand off, bootleg and be a threat to run the football in for the score? Do you think our opponents defense is concerned with that? They can sell out and completely collapse b/c they know it's going to be a handoff and if it's a fake, they can react b/c Orton doesn't have the athleticism to make a play. Put Tebow in the game in that situation and even handing the ball off he creates better running opportunities b/c the defense has to be disciplined in case of the boot. Bottom line, it DOES help the team be successful. It does help the run game in the redzone. And, it appears right now that the Broncos have not learned from last year or the year before (Hillis in short yardage). We've sucked in those short yardage situations... until they put Tebow in. When McD finally put the Tebow package in near the goalline, we started scoring TDs. That's good for everyone, right?

TailgateNut
10-01-2011, 08:29 AM
No doubt I'd prefer Tebow to any other QB on the current roster. But my bigger issue is I just hate the way Orton plays football. I knew going into this season that it would take some time to turn this thing around. But I didn't expect the team to be stubborn or pigheaded about playing Tebow. Surely you can agree Leo that at some point it is time for the coaching staff to say to Orton, we have options that could prove to be better in the redzone than what we're currently seeing from you.

Ask yourself this question. When it's third and goal from the 1, do you think for one second that Kyle Orton is going to fake the hand off, bootleg and be a threat to run the football in for the score? Do you think our opponents defense is concerned with that? They can sell out and completely collapse b/c they know it's going to be a handoff and if it's a fake, they can react b/c Orton doesn't have the athleticism to make a play. Put Tebow in the game in that situation and even handing the ball off he creates better running opportunities b/c the defense has to be disciplined in case of the boot. Bottom line, it DOES help the team be successful. It does help the run game in the redzone. And, it appears right now that the Broncos have not learned from last year or the year before (Hillis in short yardage). We've sucked in those short yardage situations... until they put Tebow in. When McD finally put the Tebow package in near the goalline, we started scoring TDs. That's good for everyone, right?

What bugs me the most is Fox and his ultra-conservative play calling.

Broncoman13
10-01-2011, 08:39 AM
What bugs me the most is Fox and his ultra-conservative play calling.

Yeah, pretty boring. You watch how the Raiders are playing right now and it's like, man, even the Raiders have an offense with some excitement to it.

If EFX are smart, they'll start playing Tebow in packages, specifically in the redzone. The worst that can happen, he turns the ball over and looks the same as Orton. What exactly do we lose in that scenario?

RhymesayersDU
10-01-2011, 08:39 AM
I only skimmed the thread, and this may have been said but my sentiment is basically this:

Right now day-to-day, I'm somewhat indifferent. I mean, when you expect to lose, you don't get nervous and it doesn't hurt when it happens. I mean, I'm a season ticket and have been to every game, and it's still fun to go, but expecting to lose just makes it different. And don't confuse expect to lose with hope we lose. That's a whole different conversation. I root for us to win, I just don't think it's realistic most weeks.

With that said, this feeling for me will only last through the season. I will be very interested, very invested in the team's success in April when we'll have the opportunity to draft better players and sign better players to make real, long-term improvements to the team. When the draft rolls around, I'm going to be very excited and I hope others are too.

Anybody down on the team for good, I feel bad for. Because it will get turned around.

Gcver2ver3
10-01-2011, 08:55 AM
I watch every game. I however, no longer get super nervous before kickoff, nor am I upset when bad things happen.

this...

thats exactly how i feel right now...

Dedhed
10-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I am actually at a point where I feel they should put the Mama's boy in and allow him to sink or swim.

You realize you've called every person who's said this a Tebow nuthugger, right?

bronco militia
10-01-2011, 10:24 AM
I am actually at a point where I feel they should put the Mama's boy in and allow him to sink or swim. .

this

we just want to know what we got with Tebow......we already know with kyle. The longer this goes, the more whining you are going read here at the mane

ColoradoDarin
10-01-2011, 11:58 AM
You realize you've called every person who's said this a Tebow nuthugger, right?

QFT

uplink
10-01-2011, 12:18 PM
No (but I am more interested in the defensive play this year compared to last year, since there is hope for improvement on defense. I am very much less interested in the offensive play)

I was excited when I thought Tebow was going to start during the Summer. Orton is boring to watch. I have no confidence the broncos will go anywhere with him playing. The broncos are not even building for the future at the QB position.

Punisher
10-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Yes

Chris
10-01-2011, 12:54 PM
simple yes or no, are you more indifferent to the general state of affairs of the 2011 denver broncos compared to previous years?

that deep inner "care" about the team, the anticipation of sunday mornings and the game will be on soon etc. have you lost some of that with how things are and predictably will be going for the season?

Rereading this your subject and your first question are opposites... makes it confusing.

TheDave
10-01-2011, 01:32 PM
FWIW...

Things are a heck of a lot better than they were. For me 2 years ago was the difficult time. Talent after talent was traded for draft picks while said picks were seemingly (theres that word again) squandered on several head scratching selections and trades. All the while most of my fellow Broncos fans were suffering from a serious case of group psychosis. Now that was a tough time to be a fan.

As for now... Are things perfect? Nope, not even close. But I believe we are on a better track than we were. Unfortunately the last group (some of which are still here) gutted this team. We are lacking both front line talent and depth across the board. Were going to need a couple of off seasons just to stock the cupboard. IMO, the fact that Fox and Co took this rag tag group minus Champ, DJ, Doom, and Lloyd and still managed a competitive product... Well... that's a hell of lot better than things were. Right now the draft looks solid and FA was a mixed bag at best. We look better, but the real tests are still to come.

As of right now, I'm a heck of a lot more excited and optimistic to watch things this year as compared to how I felt in Oct 2010.

Broncos4Life
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Then get the GTFO this board. Go to another. Go to the ESPN board. You'll fit in just fine there.

HooptyHoops
10-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Rereading this your subject and your first question are opposites... makes it confusing.

I agree...I think I voted wrong, as it seemed different than the thread title...

tsiguy96
10-01-2011, 02:56 PM
my bad, if someone wants to re-make it feel free. cant change the poll title, but my original intention of a question was the title of the thread, not the title of the poll. so a "no" would mean you are as interested in the 2011 broncos as you were any other year, and a "yes" would mean you are sorta numb to what happens to them this year because of lack of excitement, potential, whatever.

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
my bad, if someone wants to re-make it feel free. cant change the poll title, but my original intention of a question was the title of the thread, not the title of the poll. so a "no" would mean you are as interested in the 2011 broncos as you were any other year, and a "yes" would mean you are sorta numb to what happens to them this year because of lack of excitement, potential, whatever.

I voted wrong as well then...

Orange4Life
10-01-2011, 03:16 PM
I watch the games as much as I ever have. However its not with the same passion and excitement that I used to have. Losing+passion=me in a very bad mood. It makes me sad. I voted no.

Orange4Life
10-01-2011, 03:17 PM

Son of a bitch I should of voted Yes then damnit

DarkHorse
10-01-2011, 04:16 PM
We used to flip on the ticket, wife and I in our Broncos jersey's; Me in my 94 throwback Atwater jersey and she in her multi player signed @ Elway's induction white Eddie Mac jersey - food spread, nephew coming over, the house jumping, television on 85 audio, etc....

For the last 2 years my wife has taken a nap or gone couponing sans Broncos gear while I have the game on behind me and playing on the computer.

Yeah, we've lost a little bit of spirit for the game(s)

Pick Six
10-01-2011, 05:16 PM
This is nothing. I remember the Wade Phillips years. He always had the look of "I have NO clue what I'm doing". ROFL!hmmm...

Broncoman13
10-01-2011, 05:21 PM

Oops, I thought I understood your question and poll answers... my vote is off as well.

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 05:22 PM
This is nothing. I remember the Wade Phillips years. He always had the look of "I have NO clue what I'm doing". ROFL!hmmm...

Yet we went 9-7 and 7-9 in those years. Oh and we had Elway. So yeah, you're crazy to say those years were worse.

Pick Six
10-01-2011, 05:34 PM
Yet we went 9-7 and 7-9 in those years. Oh and we had Elway. So yeah, you're crazy to say those years were worse.

I guess it's all about perspective. Wade was a terrible follow-up to Dan Reeves. Seriously, it's the only time I've ever questioned my fandom...

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 05:38 PM
I guess it's all about perspective. Wade was a terrible follow-up to Dan Reeves. Seriously, it's the only time I've ever questioned my fandom...

Exactly what is your perspective then? We are far, far worse right now. It's not even close. You just hated Wade Phillips that much?

Pick Six
10-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Exactly what is your perspective then? We are far, far worse right now. It's not even close. You just hated Wade Phillips that much?

I think the future is bright, with rising stars such as Von Miller, Eric Decker, etc. Or, maybe it's because I'm older, and I can learn to relax, while Fox gets us going in the right direction...

TailgateNut
10-01-2011, 05:50 PM
Then get the GTFO this board. Go to another. Go to the ESPN board. You'll fit in just fine there.

Suck my ass!

randomtask
10-01-2011, 05:51 PM
I am more apathetic towards the Broncos this year than the previous years, though the main reason is finishing college and trying to get a job...

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:00 PM
Suck my ass!

--redacted by moderator--

so...for the record, suck my ass is fine, but making a joke about said ass is not?

Just trying to understand the rules here.

And also, jizz jokes are ok unless they are combined with a straw?

Agamemnon
10-01-2011, 06:12 PM
--redacted by moderator--

This may well be the most disgusting post I've seen on these boards. Congratulations. I guess. ugh!~

randomtask
10-01-2011, 06:14 PM
OABB, you might want to edit that. That's getting to the point that mods will have to do something.

TheDave
10-01-2011, 06:22 PM
Wow... Gonna have to update the iggy list.

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:27 PM
OABB, you might want to edit that. That's getting to the point that mods will have to do something.

Seriously? this place is getting a bit too sensitive lately.

randomtask
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Seriously? do you guys read the posts here? i just talked about jizzing in a diaper while eating a steak. this place is getting a bit too sensitive lately.

I only read the last part of the thread, but I would think that post would also fall in that category.

Just my opinion.

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:30 PM
I only read the last part of the thread, but I would think that post would also fall in that category.

Just my opinion.

Thats fair, I just see jizz and dick jokes on every other post here. no one ever gets upset...

OABB
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
What rule was violated?

Broncoman13
10-01-2011, 09:08 PM
What rule was violated?

You're a dip **** and should be taken out back... What did you write anyway? LOL

TheDave
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
Some posters are absolutely determined to make this place as ugly as possible... too bad.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I went with no. I'm not any more indifferent to Bronco football. I AM more indifferent to the outcome of the games though. Then again, I think that but the losses still infuriate me. I think it's changed the way I take the losses? Before it'd be like a punch in the stomach and I'd be sick, but now I just get angry because of what lead to the current state of the team.

Probably doesn't make any sense, but that's the truth for me, at least.

This is me. But this has been me probably since the Squealer loss in the AFC Championship game. That was probably the last time I really cared if the Broncos won or lost for the most part.

There have been games that have pissed me off, but those are usually when we snatch defeat from the jaws of victory (like last week).

As a Jayhawk fan I am cursed with watching teams week in and week out be completely inept defensively. Im not talking about playing good for the most part, for 1, 2 3.5 quarters. Im talking about coming up huge when the game is on the line. (Id sure as **** like to see the offense do the same dont get me wrong, Im just more of a defensive minded guy in pretty much every team sport). Week 1, team plays like crap, Orton plays like crap, but does drive us down for a TD to get us within striking distance. Need the defense to make a big play and they fail.

Week 2, defense finally comes through and makes a big play in a key part of the game to seal the win. Pure awesome.

Week 3, defense needs to make a stop because our offense is crap, when the game is on the line, and they fail to do so Tennessee marches 91 yards down the field for a TD.

More of what happened in Week 2 would be great. But at this point I am just so used to the defense folding when the pressure is on that I dont even care so much anymore. If we cant rely on the offense to do it, and we cant rely on the defense to do it, we cant rely on wins.

OABB
10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Some posters are absolutely determined to make this place as ugly as possible... too bad.

I dont think tgn meant to be so rude and insulting..hes just surly. dont be so hard on him.

OABB
10-02-2011, 12:17 PM
You're a dip **** and should be taken out back... What did you write anyway? LOL

Tgn said suck my ass and I basically inferred that orton had left a little something behind and used a sex term involving a straw. I thought it was funny, but blue felt it was toi much. Fair enough. Shes the boss.

Rock Chalk
10-02-2011, 12:34 PM
Yeah, pretty boring. You watch how the Raiders are playing right now and it's like, man, even the Raiders have an offense with some excitement to it.

If EFX are smart, they'll start playing Tebow in packages, specifically in the redzone. The worst that can happen, he turns the ball over and looks the same as Orton. What exactly do we lose in that scenario?

I dont see how he can look the same as Orton if he turns the ball over in the red zone. Orton has had trouble putting TDs on the board in the red zone but not turning it over.

The worst that can happen though is that Tebow looks like **** and we are stuck with him next year knowing no one will take him off his hands. Thats the WORST that could happen.

jhns
12-16-2011, 08:15 AM
Bump.

I saw this old thread and found it funny with the new "this is thebest season since the SBs" talk.

In fact, there was a lot of this talk before we released the Tebow.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=100325

What a difference between the start of the season and now.

Dedhed
12-16-2011, 08:20 AM
I love that TheDave hasn't been around, basically, since the winning streak started.

Dagmar
12-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Oh Lord, OABB's 30 day ban ends soon. Wonder if he's calmed down. And stopped obsessing about asses...

TheReverend
12-16-2011, 08:57 AM
Oh Lord, OABB's 30 day ban ends soon. Wonder if he's calmed down. And stopped obsessing about asses...

He got a 30 day ban?

BroncoBen
12-16-2011, 09:02 AM
I'm a big Denver Bronco fan, so win or lose I always have interest in the team. I even watch the 'pre-season don't matter' games.

Yes, I have to admit this season has been a surprise.. if the Broncos make the playoffs itís all gravy to me.

I wasn't sure about Tebow being the QB for the Broncos, but I am quickly becoming a believer. All I ask is improvement from week to week.. and so far Tim is delivering. Plus I have to say itís nice for the Broncos to be the talk of the sports world, if not the feel good story in the nation.

Agamemnon
12-16-2011, 09:06 AM
I love that TheDave hasn't been around, basically, since the winning streak started.

Or Rock Chalk...

Popps
12-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Haven't read through this thread but I imagine it's pretty funny.
I'll bet a lot of tunes have changed.

TheReverend
12-16-2011, 09:11 AM
Or Rock Chalk...

That's a funny story... lol

Dagmar
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
He got a 30 day ban?

He went a bit mental after we beat the Jets Hilarious!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101358

Pick Six
12-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I still wish we can put 4 quality quarters of football together, in one game...

Agamemnon
12-16-2011, 09:26 AM
That's a funny story... lol

Do tell...

BroncoBeavis
12-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Only takes one f%&# up to kill a drive. The margin between killing and fetaling is very narrow.

TheReverend
12-16-2011, 09:34 AM
He went a bit mental after we beat the Jets Hilarious!

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101358

:spit:

Clearly I need to watch less games with friends.

Do tell...

Na, I like Alec a lot and he knows and admits why he doesn't like Tebow and doesn't try to play it off as anything else like others do.

Archer81
12-16-2011, 09:43 AM

Nailed it.

Agamemnon
12-16-2011, 09:46 AM

God help our opponents if we start actually doing that. Can you imagine 4th quarter Broncos all game? :crazy:

55CrushEm
12-16-2011, 09:49 AM
he knows and admits why he doesn't like Tebow and doesn't try to play it off as anything else like others do.

Because we're winning? Because we're winning "ugly"?

Still can't comprehend why anyone would hate any player of their favorite team...especially if that player is EFFECTIVE.....

Me thinks Alec is like all the others.......isn't man enough to admit he was wrong.

But egomanics with inflated heads are usually like that.....so it's not a surprise.

TheReverend
12-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Because we're winning? Because we're winning "ugly"?

Still can't comprehend why anyone would hate any player of their favorite team...especially if that player is EFFECTIVE.....

Me thinks Alec is like all the others.......isn't man enough to admit he was wrong.

But egomanics with inflated heads are usually like that.....so it's not a surprise.

You might be right. Thankfully I'm never wrong, so I'll never have to find out. As is, it's amusing to see lack of spine these people have.

55CrushEm
12-16-2011, 11:47 AM
Thankfully I'm never wrong, so I'll never have to find out.
LOL Good ol' Rev.

As is, it's amusing to see lack of spine these people have.
No doubt. Very true.

broncocalijohn
12-16-2011, 12:07 PM

LOL, I just clicked on his name to see why he was banned. Forgot about that thread and then realized he comes back tomorrow. He keep it up, he will miss the playoffs here at the Mane. Might not be a bad thing.
Dagmar, this thread is probably the most ****ed up poll question compared to the OP. Purely confusing but good read. Seems many changed their mind and aren't shopping or doing other things while the game is on.

Mouth